Speaker 1: All right, News, Round Up, Information Overload Hour are toll free telephone numbers eight hundred and nine four one sean if you want to be a part of the program.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: So, I know many people like myself want the Save Act to be passed in the US Senate. It's passed in the House, and it would become law. It is an eighty three seventeen issue in terms of the American people. Even seventy one percent of Democrats support the idea of proof of citizenship and voter ID for integrity and elections so people can have confidence in results. Democrats the same people that have defunded the Department of Homeland Security, meaning that means FEMA, and that means the Coastguard, and that means the Secret Service and obviously ICE and Department of Homeland Security and everything in between. Yeah, that party, the defund dismantle party, the party of sanctuary cities and states and free benefits for people that don't respect our laws and.
Speaker 2: Borders.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, like Chucky Schumer saying on the Save Act, you know, Trump things undermining the voters. The only prayer Republicans have in the midterms. Okay, No, that's not true.
Speaker 3: On the Save Act.
Speaker 4: Donald Trump has given Republicans in Congress a ridiculous ultimatum. Help him thoroughly undermine our democracy, or he will bring all legislation to a screeching halt. What kind of president is This sounds like a pouting second year second grader. Even though it's clear that the Save Act has little chance of becoming law, Donald Trump is still held bent on getting Republicans to ram this bill through the Chamber because he thinks undermining the vote is the only prayer Republicans have in the midterms. Isn't that pathetic?
Speaker 1: Now let me play for you a couple of cluts here. This is Senator Mike Lee, who will join us in a moment pushing the talking filibuster. We've had him and Ted Cruz on about this issue to get the Save Act passed.
Speaker 2: Here's what he says.
Speaker 5: All right, so we're one step closer now to getting the Save America Act on the Senate floor. How exactly that's going to happen while we're still working on that. There's a lot of uncertainty and some concern but we're working on it. The important point right now is for UD to refocus our energy on making sure we've get the best arguments we can possibly put forward on this bill. Now, look, I still believe the very best shot we've got at doing this is invoking the talking filibuster. Make Democrats stand up, get recognized, and speak. If they want to filibuster the bill, don't give it to them for free. Don't let them have the benefits of the filibuster, whether they napping or on vacation or whatever else it is that they do. Make them actually show up and speak. I'm going to continue to argue for that, regardless of what centate Republican leadership thinks. I'm not going to back away for the factor. I think that is the best possible chance of passing this bill, perhaps the only way. Regardless, we got to be prepared for what it is that happens when it gets to the floor. So let's continue to advance the arguments for the bill itself and for the strategy that we think is best. If not us, who if not? Now when we've got an eighty five fifteen issue that is also critical to preserving the integrity of our elections, Let's get this done. Don't slow down, Let's redouble our efforts. This thing is hitting the floor likely in less than a week.
Speaker 2: Let's make it happen now.
Speaker 1: Ohio Senator Bertie Moreno says there are three or four Republicans who won't vote for the same act.
Speaker 2: Here's what he said.
Speaker 6: Unfortunately, although he's the majority leader, he doesn't have control over the entire conference. He can't fire, he didn't hire these people. And unfortunately, law I'm just going to be blunt. There's three or four Republicans that just won't be part of the team, and they've row in their own different direction, and unfortunately leader through it has very little leverage over them. Now we're working through it. Today. We had a very spirited conversation, and I think we're getting closer to having people realize how important it is for us to deliver a fundamental promise, which is to secure our elections for the future. So I think we're going to get there. I think we're getting there, and I can tell you Senator Thune is open to that dialogue. He personally calls some of these senators, but it's very very difficult. Well, you don't have a lot of leverage.
Speaker 7: All right.
Speaker 1: Joining us now is Utah Senator Mike Lee. I had the pleasure of seeing him last weekend is in the Free State of Florida. I was not in Utah. If I was, I'd be a Crown Burger, sir, How are you great to see you and your beautiful family.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Sean. Yeah, we would have been at Crownburger if we were built in Utah. And look forward to your next visit to be high state. We'll head to Crownburger. In the meantime, we are very much looking forward to turning to the Stave America Act. We need this, we need to cast in to law.
Speaker 2: Souit Okay. So here's where we are.
Speaker 1: John Thune Onsinnews dot Com appeared made the comment, and the President himself has called on the Senate to support this. He said in this interview quote, the votes aren't there, and that's what Bernie Marino was saying. One to nuke the filibuster, and the votes aren't there for a talking filibuster. It's the reality of where we are now. I'm the person who has to deliver sometimes the not so good news. The math doesn't add up, but those are the facts and there's no getting around it.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 1: Apparently there was a conference yesterday and I did ask well, what did Mike Lee say? And they said you didn't really speak up at the conference. Is that true?
Speaker 3: No, it's not true. I asked a couple of questions about what the plan was, and I have continued to voice my concerns all along about how urgent this is. Look and it's great that Center Funy's agreed to move forward on the Save America Acts and this could happen because soon as next week, that's fantastic. How exactly that will happen, We're still working on that with a lot of details you have to be resolved. And some of the quest I asked yesterday in our private conference discussion were about the implementation of it. The longer that we keep the debate open and alive before moving to cloture, which is the mechanism by which you bring debate to a close that takes sixty votes, the more we can have this open, robust debate in a way that's not just a quick path to a shield vote. I still strongly believe that if Democrats want to filibuster the bill, we must make them speak. You see the belligerents that is coming out of them, that is culminating in things like they're shutting down the Department of Homeland Security. We're now into our fourth week of the Department of Homeland Security shutdown thanks to them feeling involved by office, and so, look, it's really important for us to get this done. To do that, I think the best way, I think the only way is to do it through the talking filibuster. If he says we don't have the votes to do it, great, I would love to know who exactly is saying and exactly what the reasoning is for why we shouldn't do it. I have yet to hear a compelling reason why we shouldn't other than the conclusive reassertion that we can't because we don't have enough support for it. If people feel strongly that we shouldn't do it, they should explain why publicly.
Speaker 1: Well, I think a lot of people already have been I think there's not a Republican or a Democrat that's not been asked the question. I love your idea of keeping the vote open. And you and I had a private conversation this weekend, and you made a very good point. And you point into the Civil Rights Act of sixty four, the Voting Rights Act of sixty five, and you rightly pointed out those votes were kept open for months and months, and public pressure began to build and build and build and build and build, which I think is a viable option. I mean, how do you keep a bill up and open for that long period of time?
Speaker 3: You keep the Senate in session, you keep senators who are a posted bill, who want the benefits of the filibuster. Historically, the benefit of the filibuster included and still entails, the ability to delay passage of the bill by debating it, but it came at a cost. You had to stand and be recognized and you had to speak. In recent decades, we've gotten soft with the way we implement it, and we allow for something that I refer to sometimes as the zombie filibuster. You could also call it the knapping filibuster, the sleeping filibuster, the vacation filibuster, where all you have to do is signal that you will vote against cloture when the time comes, and then people are just expected to say, well, it can't pass, or you move quickly to a cloture vote after turning to a bill they failed to achieve sixty votes and they say it can't pass. Well, have they done that in nineteen sixty four, then the Civil Rights Act would not have become law that year. At the time it was passed by the House representatives in March of nineteen sixty four, they had enough votes in the House to pass it. When it came to the Senate, they were thirty two votes shy of cloture. They sought to close that gap by require ring, filibustering senators to speak, and they did this for weeks on end. After about sixty days of this, those who were doing that saw that they were losing so that the bill was gaining in popularity, and started negotiating changes that would make them able to vote for it, either by saving faith or ameliorating some of their concerns. They ended up with a modified version of the bill that was able to achieve the necessary votes for closure. That's the kind of magic that can happen when people are required, through exertion, to subject themselves to a process that tends to sharpen the mind and hasten agreement. That's what we need here.
Speaker 1: I know, let me throw something else by you, because I've talked to all sides of this and I just want to get your answer on it because I like you believe we should keep it open for as long as is needed and let the pressure build. I like that idea. I like that idea a lot, and I think pressure will build. I mean, seventy one percent of Democrats, for crying out loud support this is one thing. On the one side, there are people saying, well, if Democrats get control of the floor of the Senate, then and they will be able to put a lot of votes on record of Republicans that they believe will help them in the midterms. That's one argument. I'm just I'm giving it to you so you can give me your response. And secondarily that there are Republicans up for reelection from the Senate that don't have particularly easy re election races and it's going to put them in a tougher spot.
Speaker 2: What's your reaction to both.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's the point once. Yes, it's true when we get into this posture, Democrats could propose all kinds of amendments, and they could ask us to vote on amendments that Republicans may or may not want to vote for. They've got two responses to this point. Number one, this is what we do if there's a common thing around here. It goes something like this. If you don't want to be a firefighter, if you don't want to fight fighters, don't become a firefighter. If you don't want to cast up votes, don't become a lawmaker. Can we do these things all the time? And budget reconciliation, for example, it's a routine thing. We have to do this more times than I can count. With one big, beautiful bill act, we still got it done. We just lock arms and conclude at the outset. Anything that undermines the bill that makes it impossible to pass in the form that the conferences is willing to accept, we will agree to table, and if we stand together on that, we can table them. It happens all the time. Happened a few weeks ago when we were passing spending bills. I had some amendments that those who really wanted the bill to pass, either to make sure they got their earmarks in or otherwise just agree to table rather than moving forward. We're able to do that. Secondly, there are procedures that the majority leader can use known as filling the tree, where the majority leader can use his unique privileges as majority leader to set up amendments so that he can control which amendments we vote on and what order and when. As to the second point, the second point, my answers relate closely to my answers on the first point. Yes, there are members of the Senate in both political parties who are up for real action. Some of them have tough races insofar as Republicans are involved there. First, John, I will say nothing more important than securing our elections to make sure we can windows and our base wants this. When else do we find something that unites our base and that is like an eighty three seventeen, eighty five fifteen issue in our favor and that even the majority of Democrats nationwide support it. See, it's only the Democrats in Congress that are freaked out about this. Why not try it? It would actually help, I believe, with those in tough races.
Speaker 1: All right, quick break right back more with Senator Mike Lee of Utah on the other side than your calls coming up eight hundred nine four one sean if you want to be a part of the program as we continue, all right, our final moments. Senator Mike Lee of Utah talking about the Save Act and the current status it is going to come up for a vote in the Senate. Where it goes from there. I don't know, neither does the Senator. But we're trying to get more public support for it. And look what Democrats are doing. Chuck Schumer first calls it Jim Crow two point zero. Now he's complaining that this Save America Act will will cost, will purge millions of voters from the voting roles. Well, that means those would be people that are not eligible to vote.
Speaker 3: Chuck, right, right, Yeah, we call those non citizens. Non citizens already forbidden from voting. It's just an existing law as interpreted by this rein court has made it really impossible to enforce those laws. So this is a way that we can enforce them, and we need them enforced. As to his claims about Jim Crow two point zero or about taking that a lot of people who shouldn't be taken off the voter rolls off the rules, both of those accusations are paranoid fantasy, and they are recklessly and arguably even willfully false. In the first place, if Jim Crow two point oh, do you know what else is? Well? The super Bowl, the Grammys, the Emmys, and every pharmacy in America PSA, every airline, every hospital, every doctor's office, and by the way, also the Democratic National Convention. What do all those things have in common. Well, you got to show who you are and that you have a right to be there and do what you're doing when you show up. And to do that you have to produce some documents. So better be careful how he prows around that characterization or elsie, he'll look silly because this is an absolutely silly art.
Speaker 1: Looking silly's his full time job. Let's be honest anyway, Senator Mike Lee, it was great to see you in the Free State of Florida. Next time I'm in Utah, Crown Burgers on me. Appreciate you your family's lovely Thanks so much for being with us and staying on this. We appreciate the update.
Speaker 3: Thanks so much.
Speaker 8: Shaw.
Speaker 1: Oh did you hear Whoopy Goldberg is a radium? War is a distraction in net Lenda, you will never guess what from Take a guess.
Speaker 8: Take a guess her love life that seems non existent.
Speaker 2: I don't know want anything about her love life.
Speaker 8: I don't know about second Joe, go with it, work with me, please.
Speaker 1: From Nancy Guthrie and Jeffrey Epstein. This is what she said today.
Speaker 2: Oh boy, I mean it.
Speaker 9: It's just nutty as hell. It's nutty as hell. Yeah, And you're right, every day is something new, and it's you know, I was thinking about it yesterday because I thought, well, okay, why haven't we been talking about Savannah Guthrie and what's going on?
Speaker 7: Then?
Speaker 9: Why haven't we not been taught? Why have we not been talking about the Epstein files? Because that's still there. This is meant to get us so worked up that we are unable to see anything happening.
Speaker 2: It is very wrack to do feeling, very wacky dog feeling.
Speaker 1: I don't think so. I don't believe she's right there. All right, let's get to our busy phones. Let's say hi to Joe and lj Hey, Joe, how are you glad you called Sean?
Speaker 7: Great? Joe, appreciate all you're doing for the American taxpayers. And I think Trump is doing a great job. I think we're going to win the Iran war. I think this will help the stock market. It'll help the Republicans win the midterms, which I think they'll do with with your help and all Trump's doing so, I'm very fired up about the future. And thanks for all you do for the hard working American taxpayers.
Speaker 1: Well, thank you for all you do, Joe. You've been a friend of this program for decades. We do appreciate you. Eight hundred nine four one. Sean Laurie is in Virginia. Laurie, how are you glad you called hello?
Speaker 10: Sean? So I've got word on the street for what actually really went down at Gracie Manson.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, what's the word on the street.
Speaker 10: So you see here these young boys, they just happened to be in the neighborhood and they were actually they were a little tipsy because they happened to be leaving the Madanni family Craft night. And it was a multi cultural event that they were doing. And of course it was led by Mom, Dammy's wife. You know, she's she's getting her.
Speaker 1: The one the one that, according to reports, seventy likes and social media, the people praising the October seventh, you know, murder and kidnapping and torture beheading. Yeah, you mean those likes that we shouldn't pay attention to or the big mom Donnie lie about. Let's see, Oh, it was just a snowball fight among kids when it was an ambush NYPD officers. Then he wouldn't defend them, or the fact that he couldn't talk about the isis inspired people that were you know lighting IED's outside of his house.
Speaker 2: Unbelievable.
Speaker 10: Yeah, well she's getting a big name for herself, you know, as a terror artist. It's for new genre. And uh well they're so tipsy when they were leaving her house that they just dropped their a little project and they meant to say, oh my god, that being multi cultural it came out is probably akba because you know, they did it in a New York accident, because they're so well assimilated.
Speaker 1: So look, I'm just look, well, first of all, they were they were actually American born. I mean one of the kids grew up in a two and a quarter of a million dollar house in Linda's state of Pennsylvania.
Speaker 2: I mean it's crazy.
Speaker 10: Yeah, you know, that's how the Whoberls are going to spin it. Nice innocent boys.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's sad. I mean, the whole thing is sad. Anyway, Laurie, we appreciate you, God bless you. Sorry you're now in Virginia with Spamberger. Good luck there, eight hundred and nine four one, Sean, if you want to be a part of the program, back to our phones, New Joysey. Mary's next on the Sean Hannity Show. How are you? I hear you finally have a good weather day up there. Congratulations, you guys have had a rough time.
Speaker 2: Those win are well.
Speaker 3: It just started raining, all right.
Speaker 2: I spoke too soon. I apologize you did.
Speaker 1: Yes, And it's got to get cold again this weekend and next week.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying, yeah.
Speaker 11: I know. I spent thirty six years in Georgia, so I'm not enjoying this winter. First, I want to say, God.
Speaker 1: The thing about Georgia, you do get cold weather, you do get you know, seasons, but they're very short.
Speaker 2: In other words, winters. Winter's over there now, it's done.
Speaker 11: Yes, Yes, the air conditioners are already on because the pollen's already coming in exactly.
Speaker 1: And by the way, the pollen. I'd used to I had a black car in Georgia. I'd get in it every day, and every day it was just covered with yellow dust.
Speaker 2: It was terrible. I never had allergies till I went to Georgia.
Speaker 11: I know, me, me either I want to talk about the Save Act. I am female. I am not a person of color, but I am I have been married, I was widowed in twenty nineteen. And I am disabled. I'm legally blind. I've never been able to drive. My father was legally blind. My sister is legally blind. Both her children are. Her daughter's husband is almost totally blind, my partner's totally blind. And somehow we've always been able to get IDs that we've had to prove our citizenship.
Speaker 1: That protection is actually in the thirty two page bill, just so you know, and that you know, the Democrats have just been pushing the big lie that, oh, well, you.
Speaker 2: Know, women that.
Speaker 1: Use their maiden name, or women that aren't married anymore, they can't register to vote, and Chuck Schumer trying to scare people light of them, Jim Crow two point zero now saying that you know, millions will be off the voter rolls. Oh, they won't be off the voter rolls if they're American citizens and they have legal ID. And as you're pointing out, you never had a license. By the way, I'm sorry you lost your husband.
Speaker 11: Oh well, thank you. When I turned eighteen years old, I went from New Jersey to Ohio to start college, and I had to have an ID that even back then, because I was flying back and forth. And I don't know if you remember even back then, the New York airports had TSA like security back then because of the Cuban hostage crisis, but Metro had TSA like security in the nineteen eighties. I've never not had to have an ID. I've had a real ID. I've had a passport. I had a concealed carry permit where I had to prove my citizenship, my residency and go through a background check. I've had a liquor server's license because I sold beer and wine and Walmart and Forsyth County, Georgia. You know, I've never had an ID where I did not have to present my drive, my birth certificate, my Social Security card, and my mariage certificate. And you know, my parents taught me when I was eighteen years old to always have those put somewhere but at ready access.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm, Well, I'm going to tell you something. I'm going to tell you something. You know, this is important. We need integrity in our elections.
Speaker 2: We just do.
Speaker 1: And I can think of no better way. I understand the math problem that they have in the Senate. I'm sympathetic to it, but Mike Lee, I think is dead on. Bring this to the floor, leave it open, and then people hopefully can weigh in and like the Civil Rights Act Voting Rights Act, enough people will have enough pressure on them considering it's an eighty three seventeen issue that we can we can get this thing over the finish line. That's our hope, okay.
Speaker 11: And then the Alphabet networks and CNN and MS now they'll all have to cover it. So people actually hear about it.
Speaker 1: And you know, well, I'm not so sure about that part, but I hear what you're saying. For sure.
Speaker 11: When when people like Chuck Schumer say that it will disenfranchise people like me because I'm female, I've been married, and I'm disabled, that's insulting and demeaning to me.
Speaker 1: It is insulting, it is demeaning, and it is sad. And I'm going to tell you something, But you have enough faith and confidence in who you are that nobody's going to take your joy and your happiness away from you.
Speaker 2: Are they? Because you're not going to let them.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 11: And you know what I've lived in four different states, I've lived at sixteen different addresses, and I've always managed to get an ID and be able to do what I want to do. Right tonight, my partner and I are going to our first meeting. We're going to start raising puppies for c and I.
Speaker 1: Well, that's awesome, good for you. I love dogs. As a matter of fact, I got a brand new puppy coming. I've only shared it with Linda and a few people in my life, but my new puppy is hopefully arriving pretty soon. Okay, and we'll introduce the new puppy to the world. I think you're gonna think she's adorable.
Speaker 3: Well, the the Guide.
Speaker 11: Dogs for the Blind are amazing what they allow, the play they are and so there.
Speaker 2: So good, They're so good.
Speaker 11: This is something that we really want to do. And you know we're you know, we get out and about. New Jersey Transit has a great pair of transit service. We can get where we need to go. But guess what we had to have IDs to register for New Jersey Transit.
Speaker 1: You need I need to get on a plane, you need ideed to get a beer or bottle of wine. It's ridiculous. It's it's unbelievable. Anyway, Mary, God bless you. We do appreciate you and we're glad you're out there. Linda, how cute is my puppy.
Speaker 2: It's a beautiful, beautiful dog, no question, a beautiful, beautiful dog. It's a great doggie. Uh. But you don't like it because it's not a shelter dog.
Speaker 8: I didn't say that. I said I would prefer you to adopt, not shop. That's right.
Speaker 2: I have adopted in the past.
Speaker 8: Talking about the past, we're living in the present.
Speaker 2: I don't have to live right now to do what you want. Every time. I'm allowed to get the dog that I like you and I believe, and I'm happy for you. Good luck.
Speaker 1: No, you've been critical from day one that I didn't, you know, go to the local you know, shelter. I've donated to shelters many times in my life.
Speaker 2: I love animals.
Speaker 11: Thank you.
Speaker 2: How ironic it is that you know? I forgot what state it was in.
Speaker 1: But we had the peda lady on TV one night, and turns out like sixty four percent of cats and dogs and animals that go to the Pita shelter are killed.
Speaker 2: I mean how ironically it's actually horrible.
Speaker 8: I work for many years with a lot of the kill shelters, and I still get all the notices. I mean, they'll have nine hours, eight hours, seven hours, so just looking for anybody to take them into flosters. And just imagine if people weren't breeding dogs.
Speaker 1: How many times have you been like looking and it's down to an hour and then you go get the dog.
Speaker 8: Oh, I'm the worst. It's very bad. I I can't like, look how.
Speaker 1: Many how many dogs or cats have you had at one time? Like the highest number.
Speaker 8: I mean, I grew up with a lot of animals. My parents are the same way that I am, so I mean, at one point, you know, we've had two and three dogs and cats. We've had squirrels that got hit by cars, we had birds, I mean we had everything.
Speaker 2: You adopted a squirrel.
Speaker 8: I don't know that we adopted him, but he got hit by a car. His mom was killed, and he was a baby, and we gave him milk and nursed him back to life, and he came and visited us every single day, every single day for the rest of him.
Speaker 2: I set him free and then he came back for free food. Every day. Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 8: We give him a little bit of peanuts and he comes say.
Speaker 2: Hi, liberal squirrel. You taught him to be dependent on you. I know, right, terrible, terrible.
Speaker 8: No.
Speaker 2: I love animals, you know.
Speaker 1: I actually have friends of mine that are really big hunters, and they don't understand why I'm not into hunting.
Speaker 2: Eh, I don't care. And I make fun of one, one friend in particular who it's not.
Speaker 1: It's kind of like they they go to this place and they have their their.
Speaker 2: What do you call those.
Speaker 1: It's like they build a fort up on top of a tree, a deer stand, that's it. And you know he's got this deer stand. Here's the thing though, and they have wild hogs and deer that will come to the area. They put out all this food in the same place every single night, and they think this is hunting. I'm like, that's not hunting, that's target practice. I said, yeah, of course I could. I can't miss from that range, you can't. I mean that was kind of the miracle of Butler. I mean, from that range, it is a layup shot for anybody with any experience, and thank god, within a millimeter, President Trump's life was saved he turned his head at the right second. God's hand was on that one for sure. Anyway, eight is a number if you want to be a part of the program. All right, that's gonna wrap things up for today. We are loaded up tonight news information you'll not get from the legacy media mob. We'll check in with Senators Ted Cruz and Tom Cotton. Also UN Ambassador Mike Waltz. He's been handing these people the UN. They're a head on a helmet every day and he's been doing great. Dave Asmond on the economy, price of gas, Clay Travis Tonight, Wryne's previous tonight, Katie Miller tonight say a DVR nine Eastern Hannity on Fox. We'll see you tonight, back here tomorrow. Thank you for making the show possible.