Speaker 1: Hey guys, welcome back to another week of Casual Chaos. This week, I have a very exciting guest because we both have something very exciting premiering on June third, Brooks Marx, Welcome to Casual Chaos.
Speaker 2: Thank you for having me.
Speaker 1: I'm so excited. I feel like everyone is super excited about the show, and overall, I feel like we've been getting pretty positive feedback.
Speaker 2: I agree, yeah for sure, and I'm so so so excited to be here. I feel like everything that I've seen from this podcast, I've been like secretly listening when I'm working and putting it on.
Speaker 1: So okay, so let's talk about next gen. I feel like everyone with any show, they want to know how the friend group came together, and I'm always, you know, very honest. I'm like, I barely knew anyone. The only person that I knew was Brooks. But I also say, like, you know, with anything that's come up in your life, I feel like, where you need another Bravo kid, or if you want somebody to tag along with you in something, you have always put me first and asked me to do things with you, and I've always been so appreciative of that. But you were the reason why I did Next Gen.
Speaker 2: Mysay, what a badge of honor. But I feel the same way about you, and I feel like you're always down for everything. You're literally so supportive, Like you give me the best advice. I can't believe you're younger than me, Like, I feel like you have so much wisdom, and I'm so happy that you did Next Gen. It literally like would not have been the same without you, and it probably would not have happened without you.
Speaker 1: No, don't say that it wouldn't have been the same without you. If I didn't have Brooks on the show, I probably wouldn't have done Next Gen. I wouldn't have survived without you or Arianna. To be completely honest, it was just different. I kind of walked in blind. I didn't know a lot of the cast members, so it really was me meeting a new friend group. But kind of makes sense. I am not from New York City, I didn't go to college year and doing this show, it really was me like forming new friendships, creating different bonds, and you know, making new friends. So that really was my standpoint on it. But you really knew the rest of the cast pretty much.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I have developed friendships with basically everyone throughout moving to New York. But what's so funny is I feel like you were in the same room as a lot of the people that are a part of this show. But maybe you guys just like didn't talk and stuff, like you'd be at the same events, like working with the same brands and whatnot.
Speaker 1: Well, and I think that's why Amyr and I connect so much, you know, in the beauty fashion industry with influencing and content creating. Her and I are constantly at the same events now work with many of the same brands, and we just I had no idea who a Mira was before, you know, starting this show. We just never crossed paths. You know. Riley, I obviously knew because of the you know, Bravo world. Same with Arianna, And it was funny because Brooks brought me on, but I introduced Ariana to extent. M I say, I never met Ariana in person, but I just from seeing her on social media. I was a fan of Don't Be Tardy, her family spin off on Bravo. I was a fan of it. I would watch it when I was younger, and I just felt like I would vibe really well with Arianna. I felt like she was really funny, down to earth and we had a lot of similarities. So the show interviewed Rihanna really liked her and she picked up her life and moved to New York. So I don't think she knew where it was going to bring her, but she really did want to kind of get out of Atlanta, and this show brought her here and now she loves New York City.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I feel like she's done such a great job like vibing with New York.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, she loves it. Yeah, she loves it. You know, she's having the best time. And I mean it was definitely a rocky star getting here to New York with the apartment surge and everything. But you guys are all going to see that next ship, m I see. So yeah, her whole movement.
Speaker 2: I want to talk about, but I'm like, I can't say anything I until the season airs, so everyone will just have to tune in, tune in.
Speaker 1: I used to hate when like our moms had to say that. Now we're like, yeah, guys, just you know, tune in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so fine, I'm like, mom, just tell them what's going on. I don't get it.
Speaker 1: Who did you know before the cast before we started filming, kind of give the rundown on everyone that you knew who you were friends with.
Speaker 2: I mean everyone for the most part, the only people that I mean. For instance, like we've had a friendship for like quite a few years now.
Speaker 1: We met at Dolores's baseball game, charity baseball game.
Speaker 2: It was such like a random meeting.
Speaker 1: Yeah it was. Did you guys even go of.
Speaker 2: My mom's friends with Laura?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Riley, Like I met through a mutual friend at NYU.
Speaker 1: So you both went to school in the city. Same, what a mirror? Did you know a mirror because of NYU?
Speaker 2: No. She and I met at like this event at the Dominic Hotel and soho oh okay fine, also like in twenty twenty one or something, and she like instantly invited me to her birthday when we met, and I was like, okay, Like she literally is just so like welcoming, yeah, and just such a great person. And then Ariana and I obviously met through you.
Speaker 1: Charlie.
Speaker 2: I've met him like a couple of years ago through a mutual friend. It was at this event in the city of this private members club that was opening. Ironically, Ava, Ava and I met like a few years ago as well. We met at a friend's birthday in Miami and Ava, I just I'm obsessed with Ava, Like she just has amazing energy and is so unseerious and just like always down for like a fun time, you know what I mean, Like if anything, feel like hitting the fan, like She's just there to make it so unseerious and not a big deal.
Speaker 1: Well, you always need a friend like that though.
Speaker 2: And Georgia Charlie did introduce us. But we met for the first time like while we were filming the next shed except for that dinner that we filmed.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, yes, so before filming next shehit M I see. And it's funny because you guys in one of the in one of the previews, when Amir and I were talking about how we vibe, they showed the sizzle.
Speaker 2: Actually yeah, I was like, I didn't know that was making it in there.
Speaker 1: I have not seen a lick of that sizzle. I don't know where it is.
Speaker 2: Apparently it sold. The show did its job.
Speaker 1: They showed like a flashback of how Ameir and I met through the sizzle that we filmed our flashback of how Amir and I met from the sizzle that we filmed. We obviously filmed the show last summer, but we filmed the sizzle for this show two summers ago.
Speaker 2: That's kind of crazy.
Speaker 1: I was twenty two.
Speaker 2: You give such like summer birthday energy. I don't know why.
Speaker 1: I would love to be a summer birthday, but for my birth this year, I really would love to go to Aspen. That's on my list. I want to go to Cloud nine.
Speaker 2: It's so fun, it looks amazing. It's crazy.
Speaker 1: What did your family think when you decided to do the show? Was your mom? I'm assuming so happy for you. Yeah, I know you dealt with, you know, some stuff on Salt Lake City. Did that make you nervous to doing Next Gen? Or were you excited for this to be the moment where you kind of stepped out on your own and showed people a different side of you.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's what I was most excited for was and still is. Granted that nothing has aired, it just for people to actually get to know me.
Speaker 1: But I feel like people could just really see your personality through these previews. Really, I think you're hilarious in every single clip that they've shown.
Speaker 2: Thank you what you are, I mean you are. You're like, wow, they're editing you real.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, you're great. They told they got me saying shut up. Meanwhile, I think I said that once the entire season, and of course that's what my face is.
Speaker 2: Shut the f up. It's the new waking up in the morning.
Speaker 1: Oh no, nothing can be waking up in the morning. I wish it. I wish they that's what they put.
Speaker 2: A flashot from you when you were like two, yeah please, I honestly like kind of blacked out that whole like situation from when that happened. Like I don't remember what happened.
Speaker 1: I don't either.
Speaker 2: I don't know. Like how involved you have been with your mom show. I think you've been like more involved than I have, and like it's shown more of your life obviously because you grew up on it. I'm really excited for people to get to see like the ins and outs of my clothing brand and my life in New York. People think that I like live in Salt Lake City and I'm from Salt Lake City, which is so funny to me.
Speaker 1: Which is crazy because I feel like you know your life, maybe your personal life is just not as publicized and people don't know your every move. But it's funny because you've been in New York for how long now seven years? So you didn't go home after n YU.
Speaker 2: I stayed in the city.
Speaker 1: Well because you obviously your mom joined Salt Lake City when you were twenty. Did you want her to join? Were you nervous about your life being public?
Speaker 2: No, not that I didn't want her to join. Know that I was not nervous for that at all, because like this show is real Housewives, it's not about the kids. Yeah, And I think that's what's so funny is that there are so many times where the kids become a big part of it. And that was something that I wasn't privy to and didn't anticipate, but I am ultimately grateful for because it gave me a platform with my clothing brand and I was able to show a lot of the work that I do and show like an example of a really positive relationship between a mom and her son.
Speaker 1: It is so cute. You guys really are an amazing team. You work together and you know you're learning from the best. Ultimately, you're learning from your mom, who is a super successful businesswoman, and I think it's honestly something that people are gonna find really admiring because it's you and your mom working together. She's helping you build your umpire and showing you how to do it.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Do you feel any pressure being marred with Mark's son?
Speaker 2: I mean yes, but not probably not in the way that people would think, Like, more so in a way of She's built a really successful brand for herself, and I hope to achieve like one percent of that success.
Speaker 1: Yes, like you have to live up to the bar that she set.
Speaker 2: Right, I hope to pass it. But like that bar is constantly moving. I'm like, oh, can we just keep it stagnant for one second?
Speaker 1: It is she has so many brands and you know, businesses that she has launched. I feel like, even within the last year, it's just it's nuts.
Speaker 2: Like, right when you think she's done, she's like, here's Meredith Mark's caviar.
Speaker 1: She's like bath bomb. Ever heard of it? Here? It is.
Speaker 2: My favorite thing ever was when Hudson facetimed me and you guys were just like eating an entire attent of caviar that we forgot to eat. Oh my god, it was so good, so funny.
Speaker 1: We were I think the caviar bumps that they were doing were mountains. Yeah, they were just huge.
Speaker 2: I mean that was enough caviar for probably twenty or thirty people that you guys devoured.
Speaker 1: We ate the whole thing in one sitting. It was that good.
Speaker 2: Wait was your mom like excited for you with the show?
Speaker 1: Yeah? What was the vibe? She was so excited for me. I feel like we grew up on Bravo, so our fans are really loyal to my family and they love seeing us grow and they are still watching us grow. So I feel like the ultimate, you know, Bravo wish would be to see like me turn into a housewife one day and then you know, see Teresa Juda says a grandma on Bravo. You know, just kind of see something come full circle. And I feel like Next Gen is kind of showing that, Yeah, is it me becoming a housewive yet? No, but it's also showing, you know, a completely different chapter of our lives that you wouldn't see on Real Housewives.
Speaker 2: I'm really excited for people to get to see you in the city because I feel like that is a huge part of your life. That is just not accounted for.
Speaker 1: Well, you know what. And it was funny because when we were filming Next Gen, my life was not as crazy as it is now. I have never been in the city more in my life than after filming Next Gen MC. And it was weird because it's not like, you know, brands or anything got wind of Next Gen MYC while we were filming it. But I think, you know, my brand and career just started picking up, and my life is more in the city. Now. I have my podcast, I have Amazon Lives, I have events, filming Nextion m C. You know, I'm in the city constantly, and now I'm you know, really considering getting an apartment and I think I am going to be getting one by September, so I'm really going to start looking in August.
Speaker 2: So exciting.
Speaker 1: It's so unsustainable.
Speaker 2: I'm honestly shocked. I really never thought I would hear you say that.
Speaker 1: It was funny because I feel like during Next Gen I was so against it.
Speaker 2: You were like, I will never make it into the city, the closest I will get his jerseys.
Speaker 1: Meanwhile, now the city has quite literally taken over my life. How was Next Gen different than filming Housewives.
Speaker 2: I feel like it's comparing. The only similarity is that it's a camera recording you. I mean, the whole experience was totally different.
Speaker 1: It was The production company was also just so good with making sure that we were okay and making sure that we were comfortable with things that we were filming. And you don't get that on Housewives. They want you to literally brub each other's heads like they go for the jugular.
Speaker 2: Yeah. The production company that worked on next Gen is truly incredible.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they were, They were amazing.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Do you like Bravocon? Are you excited to maybe do something like that?
Speaker 2: I thought it was so fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, honestly, my clothing brand is all e comm and so having the opportunity to have a booth with my brand there, yeah, and allow like people that are interested to experience the product in person before purchasing, Like that was the most exciting part for me because I've been wanting to do that for a long.
Speaker 1: Time and you did do that. You sold so much of your line at Bravocon, which was awesome. It was awesome, and then to be able to do that again, and like, also because we're gonna be on our own platform, and have our own show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're gonna kill it.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be so good.
Speaker 2: I was literally just talking about this actually in another podcast that I did with Ariana and we were talking about Bravocon and stuff and like if there are any similarities with like us and our moms and whatever, and I was like, Gia has some similarities with her mom, but like in really random ways. At Bravocon and you like put on this face powder. You were calling it this cacao powder, and I was like, girl, it's just not how you say a cow. It was like this Gucci bronzer that you had.
Speaker 1: Oh I still use that. That's so funny. Yeah, so good cow. Yeah it has a chocolate set. The Bravo fans are loyal, they are right or dies, so if they are not on your team, they can be brutal. So are you nervous to kind of maybe deal with that when Next Gen comes out?
Speaker 2: I definitely, like I don't want to lie and be like no, like I don't care whatever. Like I definitely am nervous for that. But at the end of the day, like, as long as you're telling the truth and being real to who you are, it's just like you can't care what people think.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, because when you experience that on Salt Lake you kind of like you hated that.
Speaker 2: I was also an a way different point in my life, like when my mom filmed that first season of Salt Lake City. That was probably like some of the most formative years of my life.
Speaker 1: So wow. So you of course had to get the backlash the first season that you guys even filmed anything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you thought it was.
Speaker 1: Going to be something fun, exciting, so that probably discouraged you a little bit for filming.
Speaker 2: Like afterwards, I just didn't like think that would be a part of it. I didn't think like backlash would be a thing. I just was like, I'm literally on this show for the five minutes, yeah, or probably more than that.
Speaker 1: But you know, this is my mom's spotlight. I'm just a child, and you know, don't come after someone's kid.
Speaker 2: Honestly, I feel like that was something that we really bonded over.
Speaker 1: We did.
Speaker 2: It was like initially that experience, which is very weirdly unique.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, because you wouldn't expect that, you know, a person child would experience backlash or even have drama with any of the other housewives on the show, but you know it kind of makes you, you know, reevaluate the situation kind of.
Speaker 2: I mean, the concept of a grown person going after someone's kid is like crazy. I don't care if your kid is twenty, like, you do not go after your friend's child. That if you are like more than double someone's age, Like, what are you doing?
Speaker 1: Yeah? No, you look crazy?
Speaker 2: Yeah that's crazy.
Speaker 1: Are there any scenes or moments from filming that you're scared to watch back or that you hope don't make the final cut?
Speaker 2: No, can't wait to see it all.
Speaker 1: I just feel like you were so good. Honestly, though, what's one celebrity that you would freak out if they wore the Brooks Marks tracksuit?
Speaker 2: Nicki Minaj and Jennifer Lawrence. I was thinking about this other day, those two, I mean fire. If I had those two people in a room wearing my brand, I think I would simply pass away.
Speaker 1: What are your career goals? Are you leaning more into modeling or fashion or kind of trying to conquer both? Right now?
Speaker 2: I think that's what people will see a lot in Next Gen is like the balancing act of all these different facets of my career, ranging from like modeling to fashion entrepreneurship with my brand and the work that I do with my mom at Meredith Marx.
Speaker 1: No, it's true. I mean, congratulations on teen Vogue.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: That was like crazy, that was sick though, so beautiful and your photos were stunning.
Speaker 2: It was elated.
Speaker 1: I always say, if Brooks was straight, oh my god, you would get so many I'm sure we get so many guys too, But like all my friends, like from my perspective, all of my friends slide up on any story that I ever post with Brooks and they're like, he's so handsome. I'm like, I know he's though and taken.
Speaker 2: Am I. You'll just have to tune in to find out.
Speaker 1: I always do this segment of rapid fire questions with my guests whenever we are ending an episode. So we need your New York City recommendations. Best place to go out?
Speaker 2: Oh, the Box.
Speaker 1: The Box is I think one of the best clubs now in New York.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I feel like the Box. You need to go there at least a little tipsy. So what's a good pregame spot before going to the Box?
Speaker 2: Before the Box, I love the Nines. Most overrated NYC hot spot I mean Times Square. I don't know why people go there. Is that offensive? No, whatever, it's real.
Speaker 1: What's your drunk bodego water? At two am?
Speaker 2: I'll just stumble into like whatever place is serving food, then eat it.
Speaker 1: Best bagel in the city.
Speaker 2: Cidel's and Papa Bagels.
Speaker 1: Okay, I really want to try Papup Bagel.
Speaker 2: In this place. Apollo Bagels is apparently really good, but I haven't.
Speaker 1: Tried a favorite restaurant in the city.
Speaker 2: I mean, I really love rh guest House, Like I will go there for brunch, go there a lot. Yeah, I've been trying to get you to come with me for a while.
Speaker 1: We need to go. Yeah, we do dream part of the city to live in.
Speaker 2: I've lived in Hudson Square in West Village and those are definitely like my two favorite places. I don't think I'd ever want to live elsewhere.
Speaker 1: Craziest New York City party you've been to.
Speaker 2: I feel like it's so normal that I wouldn't think it was crazy. You know, we have a couple of serious loose Yeah.
Speaker 1: Okay, well that is it. Thank you so much for coming on my podcast, and make sure to tune in to Next Gen NYC on June third, thank you for having me