Speaker 1: All my friends on my show, and like, if they didn't make me better, I wouldn't have them there because I feel like the most authentic version of me is what's going to win or lose, and I just want that opportunity. All right. Now, time for Part two of the Bobby Cast with Phil Becker. We did part one. If you missed that, check it out. I mean, this dude's so legit, so innovative. I would love to work with this guy at some point. I'd love for him to hire me, or me hire him, or we hire each other, and then we're confused, like the Spider Man meme, like so motivating, so great. If you're in media, it could be radio, it could be podcasting, it could be social media. But at Phil Becker, his podcast is Philosophy with Phil Becker, and this is him then turning it to me. It's supposed to be one episode, but I got a little carried away with the last one. So here we go, Episode four forty four, Part two, No forty three, it's part one.
Speaker 2: We should make it for forty.
Speaker 3: Four forty four.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Okay, I'm weird about titling. What how about the sequel? You like movies that's a different movie. Yeah, it'd be part two.
Speaker 4: Phil.
Speaker 1: No, but like The Avengers, the second one is not called The Avenger.
Speaker 2: Same sub Part two.
Speaker 1: Okay, Part one with Phil Becker parentheses, Bobby interviews Phil okay four forty four Phil Becker, Phil interviews Bobby.
Speaker 2: Okay, there we go, weirdo.
Speaker 1: Mike has this movie thing where it's got to be listed just perfectly. I hope you guys enjoy this.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: If you don't mind, please go and rate, subscribe, whatever you can do there.
Speaker 2: It means a lot to us. It actually helps this podcast.
Speaker 1: So thank you very much and enjoy I roback and this is part two. I'm Bobby Bones obviously for watching this or listen to this on the Bobbycast. I'm with Phil Becker, who is a guy that I admire in media, who was one of the first people to take my radio show when we syndicated within my company, which is already a controversial thing from outside of my company, to say hey, we want you to come on ours, and it what opened the doors to other companies doing that.
Speaker 2: As I said in the.
Speaker 1: Last episode, if I could pay Fill all the money in the world, I would pay Fill all the money in the world and say, first of all, give me half of.
Speaker 2: The back, like quietly.
Speaker 1: But secondly, I just believe in how he does his strategy and that's such a vague thing. But his strategy is have a strategy, but you can pivot it, you can move it. Have try to have an understanding of what people want. Try to give it to them as long as that's who you are. But that's what I take from you.
Speaker 3: Wow, that's great. You get it pretty well.
Speaker 1: And that's a hard and you could say, or anybody could say, well, try to give what they want. That's fine, but it can that can only be temporary because eventually you run out of lines. As an actor, I tried that a bit and back in my early days, well I'll try to have a big voice, and I just get tired and I couldn't do it anymore. But I texted Phil and said, hey, I want to do thirty minutes with you, but it was did an hour. I'm sorry, and I said, we can switch it and you can ask me questions if you want. You don't have to maybe you have nothing to ask me. And he's like, no, that sounds great. So now I'm going to hand it over to you. The next twenty five minutes will be you run in the show?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 2: You okay with that?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I think that's okay. I think that's fun.
Speaker 2: It's hard for me to not have to have control, but go ahead, all right.
Speaker 5: So I was thinking about the first few things that I wanted to go in with you, and I thought to myself, I've known you for a long time, but do you ever realize that, like you're the guy now?
Speaker 1: Yes, occasionally, but I get afraid and I go to therapy about this, that when I feel that I won't have the same survival slash desire and that I will work less or less hard, or I'll be the fat king. And I think that trauma and that fear keeps me from going I'm the freaking guy, and a bit goes I'm the guy that I'm all trying to be the guy. Oh my god, I gotta keep going. There is a difference, but yes, I do feel that way, but I fought it for a long time. And it's a balance between ego because you want to be that dude, but also I like to think.
Speaker 2: That I have.
Speaker 1: The perspective to know us. Anybody I've seen be that dude and know they're that dude. They're not that dude for very long because then you start to be that dude and you you're not challenging yourself anymore.
Speaker 2: You're not.
Speaker 1: So my answer is yes, but in the most unhealthy way?
Speaker 4: Do you?
Speaker 5: So you know one of the things that and I use this analogy in the first part, I think of you as a snow globe shaker, right, and you come in and you disrupt things sometimes and you say things that that are your opinion. And I remember for years, you know you were you were challenging media on Casey Musgraves.
Speaker 4: You're a challenger.
Speaker 5: When you're alone and it's quiet and and your phone's put away, when someone is negative, or when someone is like not understanding why you do what you do?
Speaker 4: How do you get through that?
Speaker 5: Because knowing you, you've probably about four hours to sleep and then you're back at it tomorrow. How do you get through the negativity when you get it? Because I'm sure you know the people say, don't read the comments you see them.
Speaker 1: Sure it sucks sometimes it really does. Because you feel like you work hard and you try to be honest, and sometimes for different reasons, people are just they're just dicks.
Speaker 2: Maybe they don't believe the same as you. Maybe they just want to troll you.
Speaker 1: Maybe they're jealous of whom you're talking about or myself.
Speaker 2: It does suck.
Speaker 1: However, I think with experience, I have learned to get to make it suck a little less, a little quicker. I can move on a little faster. But it still sucks. And I yeah, I tell people stay out of comments, so that never means say the comments. It means just do a little better at staying out of the comments, and stay out get out a little quicker. Nobody stays out of the comments. If we're creating something, we're creating it because we want people to consume whatever it is. There's also an ego to that. You don't have to be an egotistical human in your personal life, but there's an ego to having the thought of I'm going to create this and I think people should either spend their time or money on it. And then when someone insults what you've created, it hurts because you've put heart, time, emotion, skill. But what has helped me stay in the comments less is it actually keeps me from performing again at a high level, so I can look at it linear because it still hurts, But I go if I can just get out a little quicker, I can get back to where I need to be faster, and I can continue performing at the level that I want to perform. But some people go ahead. It doesn't bother me. It always bothers. It just bothers me less, and it's a little less intense because I've been it so many times now that I know it doesn't last. And I also want to get back to not being sad. So yeah, but it does blow. And I stay off the our show Facebook page for the most part until I don't, and it kicks me in the nuts because here are people that are following that are supposed to like why do you follow a show? We have a million follow on Facebook, a million plus followers I don't even know, And when they're just being extremely personal and hateful, I'm like, why would you even? But then I have to remember that there are a lot of people that, for a lot of reasons, are sad, and much like a bully in eighth grade when I got the crabbet out of me, I.
Speaker 2: Don't really think the bully is a bad dude.
Speaker 1: I think there are bad things happen into the bully that makes the bully act and reacts in a certain way, and I have to boil it down to that.
Speaker 2: Or I just fight them. It's one of those things.
Speaker 1: It's out of the full thing where I go hard at them and then wish I didn't. But it just gets easier because I've been through it and realized it's not as important as I as I thought used to think it was.
Speaker 5: In all the different categories that you're in. Like I was thinking about you know how, I said, my son sees you as the guy from Breaking Bobby Bones, but somebody might see you as the Dancing with the Stars guy, or the author, or the performer or the stand up or the Raging Idiots tour or the radio show.
Speaker 4: You're touch on all of them.
Speaker 5: Is there one where you go, I'm okay, if you don't like this version of me, maybe the author I'm making this up, but you know you don't like me?
Speaker 4: Is this version?
Speaker 3: But man, please like me as this one.
Speaker 1: We talked in the last episode about the nineteen seconds, which is, hey, if they're hiring you to do nineteen seconds as a radio do that nineteen seconds the best you can and.
Speaker 2: Everything that I do comes from radio.
Speaker 1: Everything I do comes from the launch point of traditional old school you gotta listen live radio still. So I've only been able to do all the other things because I was doing that nineteen seconds at a level that allowed people to leave me alone. Why I tried other things. It wasn't that anybody was encouraging me to do other things. My bosses at iHeart early were like, hey, you have to stop touring. You're gonna be exhausted. Why are you doing this? But what happened is I would tour so much, then I wouldn't tour, and they would go, is the any way you can get back to Boston a tour again? Because we noticed, and so I would do the nineteen seconds as good as I I absolutely could. Then I started to go and do you know, a little bit of music, a little bit of comedy, wrote books. Had no idea what I was doing if I had to pick one. Because you can also tell who like what they like you from when you see them.
Speaker 4: Oh can you? Oh yeah, tell me about that.
Speaker 1: If they're sixty eight and they're like, I know you watch me dance, I know for sure.
Speaker 2: If there's a.
Speaker 1: Female twenty nine to thirty seven, maybe a little older than that now I would say twenty, say twenty forty nine, and she's by herself and she comes up. She's a radio slash podcast listener, and usually both because if they recognize me, there's something more than just pas of listening. If they've got a whole family and they all knew who I am, including the young kids, it's for American Idol. But the one that I mean, I'm not the dancing thing is I don't really care if people know me from that.
Speaker 2: That to me was.
Speaker 1: Again anything I do ends up being controversial, but not for any reason that's actually controversial.
Speaker 2: I wanted that thing.
Speaker 1: Didn't know how to dance, I finished, I won, didn't know how to dance like I tried hard, I worked hard, found a different way to win.
Speaker 4: But that was a.
Speaker 1: That to me was more of a metaphor for everything else, as I figured I had to figure out a way to do it non traditionally. They changed the rules after I left that show because they didn't want somebody doing that again, where I actually realized fifty percent of the vote wasn't what everybody I would try my hardest to get.
Speaker 2: What I was supposed to get. But then I was going to go a different way.
Speaker 1: I was gonna do my nineteen seconds of the best I could do it, And it wasn't great, but I could do it just good enough where I knew if I I went to the people, I could get it. But there's a lot of people that are negative about the situation, and probably I just wouldnt want them to know me as a dancer. But I liked that I won that show because I figured out a way to win something that I wasn't supposed to finger quotes, much like I think everybody in this room has done in a way in life. And you've talked about your diagnosis, like on your Yeah, and I don't remember exactly what you said on a post. It was a couple of weeks ago, like a kid. Do you remember what you said?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I think it was origin story, right, maybe?
Speaker 4: Yeah, So it was.
Speaker 5: Basically I said, if I were to tell you my origin story, it would be a kid born to a teenage mom who doesn't know.
Speaker 3: His bio dad, who has cerebral palsy.
Speaker 4: And I think the follow up line to that was.
Speaker 5: The first note, you play doesn't mean you can't play beautiful music.
Speaker 1: It's first note you plays often awesome, but and you hang in there long enough for people to go that know it's not very good.
Speaker 2: It'd be like, oh, well check this one outright.
Speaker 1: I was moved by that because again, everybody in this room has a story. And then the people that I surround myself with, I surround myself with them because I think they make me better. It's very it's a very selfish thing to do. All my friends on my show, and like if they didn't make me better, I wouldn't have them there. I need to be put in a place that feels positive and not in the corny way, but in a way where I feel that I'm free to be me, because I feel like the most authentic version of me is what's going to win or lose, and I just want that opportunity. But I don't think you would be here without again, those three things. I don't what anybody will wish for to be born a teen mom. I was born a teen mom, not to know their dad. I know my dad. To be born with cerebral palsy, but you've had to develop other skills and not to make up for something. But we all have to develop in ways that we aren't because nobody's the full one hundred NBA two K player, right, you're not good at threes and dunking, you know, had one hundred on both. But I think that you saying that it felt extremely personal to me, but I think it feels extremely personal to everybody because we all feel like we're coming from that place and we all are and that, to me is the most important part of me going after my nineteen seconds, but also doing the things outside of that that I can play that first hour note and no it ain't beautiful, but I'm gonna hang in there. And I don't really have a lot of skill, but I do have tenacity, and that's something we can all build, and that's what you have built. You have like a tenacity callous which I admire. So that's the answer to that, No more dancing. That's a long answer to no more dancing, Phil.
Speaker 6: Yes, let's take a quick pause for a message from our sponsor and we're back on the Bobby Cast.
Speaker 5: What about you is misunderstood that I'm extremely confident.
Speaker 2: I think there are parts of me.
Speaker 1: That are that have to seem extremely confident or no one's going to listen and I know that, and if I don't have extreme confidence in certain areas, people aren't going to give me their attention. Now, I can develop extreme confidence through success or I can fail and go, oh man, that is not very good. But there are times where I feel like I have to have a confidence that isn't quite there, or I'm not going to be able to move the needle at all. I am not a very confident person. I'm wildly insecure. I think anybody that does any kind of art is doing an art for a reason. For some reason, I make people like them or love them. In my case, because there wasn't a lot of love when I was a kid, and I had to figure out a way to get it somehow. I am not confident by nature, and I think that's probably what's most misunderstood, because people go that dude as a cocky dude, or it's the exact opposite, that is a wildly insecure dude, depending on what I'm doing, and I'm both, but that now, I'm not naturally confident in anything.
Speaker 5: So if somebody says he's really confident or really cocky, it's because they aren't.
Speaker 1: It's because they're threatened. I never get successful people. They come at me at all because they're too They're not worried about me. They're too worried about themselves or the people they're working with trying to make them successful.
Speaker 2: That's the craziest thing.
Speaker 1: And I do get a lot of heat from industry folks, and not just for always pushing against what's the known. For some way, it's just insisting that I know when I really don't. But it's again, it's a bit of a theater when it comes to predicting. And you know, if coach and you're calling to play, you freaking believe in that play. But a little bit you're like, man, I don't know if they fill the three gap, I'm dead. I just can't show that to my guys. I can't tell my guys that there's so I think that most people that come at us, you meet anybody, it's projecting a bit, because if you really were killing it at what you're doing, you're not worried about somebody else doing what they're doing, unless it's hurting kids or animals. So yeah, if anybody has a problem with me about my confidence or my show or my usually it's a projection. Because I found myself going like, oh, I can't stand that person, and I'm like, wait, wait, wait, nope, I can't stand myself. That's what it is. And it took a long time for me to feel that way. And now I can have professional, healthy jealousy, which is the greatest gift I've ever given myself, and it's taken me work to get there. One of my best industry friends, he's a good friend. He was at my wedding, But charlottege the god in New York, is that's my guy. We send each other, I'll say this, I don't care. We send each other each other's contracts were negotiations, like the full things. I don't deve with anybody else, but you have to trust the person to do that. And like, I love him. He's been there for me in some really hard times. And he's also kicked me in the balls in really hard times.
Speaker 2: For me.
Speaker 1: When I got the million dollar fine, as soon as I did it and all the stations went down, all he said was, hey, screenshot this, and then he sent me like one hundred laughing emojis because he knew I was going through it was miserable. And he's like this isn't going to take you down, I know, But for the fine, it was just the FCC was on us and I thought I was gonna get fired. He goes screenshot this to come back to it, because you're feeling terrible right now, and here's your perspective. I've all laughing, crying emojis to have professional, healthy jealousy of him when he's like hosting the Daily Show, I'm so jealous of that, but I'm so happy for him to where That's when I can feel the growth in me is that you have said that ten years No, I wouldn't have said it five years ago.
Speaker 4: Really, Nope, okay, because.
Speaker 2: I would have just been like, why am I not doing that? What's happening? What am I doing wrong? What are my people doing wrong? What are they're not?
Speaker 1: They can be completely mutually exclusive. They have nothing to do with each other. Because Charloamae's doing it doesn't mean I'm not. I also love him and I'm proud for him. And that's crazy of somebody in the same industry that we all feel like we're fighting in the same pie and there's only certain amount of pieces. But what I've learned is if you can't get into this pie. Go create your own pie and do it that way. But yes, I love it. I have professional, healthy jealousy and it is great for I still get jealous, So I'm not gonna act like I'm way better than that. I'm like, God, I wish I was doing that. But to have that and even have Ryan be real nice to me seecrest, because I think when I was first put on Idol, not that he wasn't nice, but he was like, why is this dude? He's basically a junior varsity version of me, right, a goofy? Why Ryan's not goofy? But I'm a little goofyer, But why is he on this show? When Ryan got sick and I hosted the first time that's ever happened, and I did pretty good considering it was twenty minutes from showtime. And there was a point when Ryan was just like, hey, let's uh, how you do? How you doing with your money? He can't with me one time, and I said, what do you mean? He goes, I know now you're making a lot of money, and you always weren't the same. It was the same for me for a while. How are you doing with your money? What's up? What do you what are you trusting? What are you not trusting? What advice can I give you? And I was like, holy crap, And I think Ryan a bit is developed enough and has been developed enough to go.
Speaker 2: He's not here, He's not even a good as I am.
Speaker 1: He's not gonna take my job, So why don't I just be encouraging and help him out. I think Ryan showing me that too has been a big part of it as well.
Speaker 3: Do you think that your wife has made you better?
Speaker 1: I think my wife has made me. The answer is yes, but I just don't want to say yes because that's it. Yes, because it has giving. It has given me perspective about things that aren't radio or media that has maybe be better at radio media and podcasting. And it has given me life depth even with my staff where if something personal is up, don't even think twice about pushing yourself coming in.
Speaker 2: Don't think twice.
Speaker 1: Don't you need to handle you so you can be your best version for me, and if you're not, you need to go back and handle you. Whomever it is on the show, I'll say person X, we've had an incident where there something wasn't happening to good in their personal life, and they're like, I'm gonna show up every day.
Speaker 2: I'm like, no, no, no, don't report it. You need a week and a half.
Speaker 1: Go take your week and a half because we're in our own little bunker here. And if you want to be the best version of you, which you obviously want to, because you're gonna drag yourself in every day, I need you to go and get right because you can play the game injured, but you'll never fully heal. Then you're always going to be the injured player. So take a week, take two weeks, come back the best version of yourself. My wife is what's given me that perspective, because usually it was just drag yourself in, get to take claw the ground and just get here to work, because that's what I'm doing. But my wife has made me better as a person, which has made me better as a boss and a leader, which has given me life depth that I didn't have because I was just running.
Speaker 2: I was just by myself. I was running a gun and you know, but.
Speaker 1: Yes, the answer is yes, but not because she like gives me some But she's also younger than I am eleven years almost twelve, and so she definitely puts me onto stuff too, but that's the surface way she makes me better. But as a person, she makes me a better leader and a boss and allows me to be better creatively because of it.
Speaker 6: The Bobby cast will be right back. This is it's a Bobby cast.
Speaker 5: Do you ever think, hey, Charlemagne helped me, Ryan helped me. Who's in your roster of people that you think you.
Speaker 4: Want to help?
Speaker 1: Anybody that I feel immediate empathy for, For example, will use Ai Ashley when she when they were attacking her. I did not know her as fast as I could have got her number and called her and I was like, I know, this is weird, I'm calling you.
Speaker 2: Go, but what you're doing now is not going to be looked at in some such a crazy way. I stay the course. Don't feel like it's personal. It's not.
Speaker 1: And I would just relate with my experiences. So to have a lot of those experiences now is my tool belt. It's not that I was naturally gifted things. I've just been through a bunch of crap and I feel like that's also what I can what I can give back. Even with Charlemagne, Like you know, the first time I sent up my contract. I was like, don't still. I thought you maybe still my identity. I don't know, not him, but anybody don't know what I was given, but it was not so much of Well, since somebody gave to me, I need to give to them.
Speaker 2: But I feel like.
Speaker 1: Empathy is it's just it's the greatest weapon and understanding. Anytime I use it with anybody else, that actually makes me better as well, So that could even be seen as selfish. There's a kid who got in trouble because he played the f wort. He's not a kid, he's an adult. Played the ef wort on a station, and I won't throw him under the bus. It was an interview with I think maybe Luke Combs accidentally played it. I called him, didn't know him. Here's the deal, so I here's you're in trouble for a minute, don't make the minute two. This is what you do. This is how you take your lumps. If you need help talking to the lump givers. I'm here for you because I've been here and done it wrong. So I think that and then also hiring people like this. This is read reads like twelve. I don't know what he is read never went to school to do what he's doing now. But when I met him, he was just so curious and he'd already started like taking pictures and stuff. But it's he's good enough that if the opportunity is there, I want to allow him to be great, And so I want to kind of bet on him and challenge him and reward them in a way that I don't think I was and so and read just just an example, but I think I look for that as well, like people that aren't traditionally coming into a place where they've been traditionally trained, but they really want to do it. Because to me, that's all that matters, Like are you so curious and do you want to learn how to do it?
Speaker 2: And you want to be awesome?
Speaker 1: And I'm going to be awesome to you hopefully, and in exchange, it's gonna be an awesome relationship.
Speaker 2: That's kind of how I feel.
Speaker 4: Have you told him that before?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I think so?
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 2: I try to be more even communicative.
Speaker 1: My wife has made all this real, but this makes me better where I'm like, dude, this is great, you're killing it here. I'm so proud that you did this. And I know he was super cure he just wanted to get better. So I was like, hey, I'll put you in school for let me pay for you to go and learn this if you really want it. It's what he did. He went and learned so but I wouldn't have done that had he not had like the initiative. And there are times he screw up taking risks, but there were also times he would take huge risks and it would be so much better than I would ever have even thought it was.
Speaker 2: And to me, that's where it was.
Speaker 1: So to answer that question, I think that's what I'm trying to get better at is find folks that want to do it that maybe haven't traditionally had the education to do it, whatever that means, and go let me help you, because if you want to do it, you're gonna be great at Ituse the only reason I'm good at anything is because I want to do it, and I got better at it because I wanted to do it, and now we're rocking.
Speaker 5: Last question goes back to the first question. First question again was do you realize you're the guy like you're at the table right looking back at the whole journey. You get one mulligan, one do over. Yeah, which one do you take?
Speaker 2: That's I mean, that's the easiest question.
Speaker 4: Oh man, I went out soft.
Speaker 1: No, you didn't go out soft because I believe that every mistake that I've made I've learned something from except fruit. And we're talking professionally because I have a personal one too, But we're talking professionally, and I do realize that I'm the guy, but I also realize the guy comes and goes quick.
Speaker 2: There's never going a guy that just stays the guy forever.
Speaker 1: It doesn't matter who you are the guy whatever that means. To the point where I and I got in a little trouble with my company when I did this. But I went and hired two people that didn't know each other, didn't know what was up, and I said, hey, I want you to listen to my show for a week. I'm going to pay you, and I want you to write both of not both of you, but talking to each one of them individually. I want you to write a report on how you would beat me. I want you to find every weakness if you were launching a show against me in the same town the other one to the other one, I said, if you were launching a syndicated show against me. I want you to somebody that I respected, I said, I want you to beat me. I want you to tell me what kind of person you would get, what the show would be where you would target my vulnerabilities because we all have them, and please, I'm going to hire you to beat me. And I com ready heard about it, and they got upset, and I just don't think they knew what I was doing because in the corporate world, you're there's just you have so many things going in You're from all directions too. But it wasn't pleasant for me for a little bit. They're like, why are you hiring people? We have research we have. I said, yes, and that is an excellent tool for things for what you want the research, but the research is on it's like forward when they're asking about if you would have let people decide they're just made a better horse instead of a car. A lot of the research we do is how to make what we're already doing better instead of what can we do that isn't like what we're already doing that I'm missing on And so that's what's why I hired these people. And and it hurt to read, but it was supposed to right when it hurts to it's awesome to be grown, but you were growing physically, you're twelve. It hurts, and so I understand that the guy doesn't live along live. What does happen is after the guy, not the guy anymore. It was kind of cool being the guy back in the day, and hopefully the next guy is somewhat influenced by you. And the professional statement would be, oh, that's Eddie, that's the other guy. Why'd you come in that door where it's like the beeper We're in the middle of like a serious conversation here, that's the guy right there, that's the guy. So but my answer to that would be professionally, it was such a put The eas tone that costs me was gonna be six million dollars. One million dollars was not in any way even a mess up on my part because I got it from his audio. I just got took it off the internet from like an audio site. It just turns out that that tone wasn't cleared by the FS. They hadn't fully fixed their business, so we got punished. I just wouldn't hit it. The bit wasn't even that big or good, and I'm like let's do. There was a baseball game and they played a es tone when there was like a home run in the World Series, and I was like, how crazy would it be? Another life events that just happened. I didn't think about the big and I was like, that's one small step, sh don't I was just saying, what if other events had been cut off by that? It was thirty seconds, I would go back and go not worth it, not worth the trouble, and not worth anything. That's my big regret professionally. Also, I think I probably at times there was a CEO from a certain company that when I was coming to Nashville, he was like, Hey, that's not gonna work. You're not going to thrive there, and when you don't thrive, you can come work for me in Tampa. And I was a bit insulted by that, but I think negatively and I didn't. I think that created a little bull in a china shop in a way that I wish maybe wouldn't have been so china shop.
Speaker 6: You.
Speaker 1: I'd like to be a bull in the arena more than a china shop. So I regret kind of how I handled that, but I think at least I learn from that.
Speaker 5: You have this way about you where you're motivated by.
Speaker 4: Truth and doubt.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, fear right.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: When you said to them, I want you to beat me up and grade me, you were looking for the trainers screaming at you, telling you you're weak, you can't lift this, but only because I want to get better, only because you want to get better.
Speaker 4: Same thing with this guy.
Speaker 5: So I think that your fuel is actually generated by you. And I think a lot of times people expect other people to generate their inertia and you're doing it yourself, which I.
Speaker 4: Think is awesome.
Speaker 2: Which is awesome, it also.
Speaker 1: Sucks equal yeah, because I and I'll end on this, and I think it's it's even unfair to somebody like Morgan number one, who it's been with me the forever, Like she's here and she's that, uh, professionally the most consistent thing that I've had. I was speaking at a college and she was in the class, and I was like, who wants to intern? And she's like, I do, And so she interned and then show a lot of initiative. I was like, well, I gotta Getjohn somehow. She was like my assistant for a little bit. We're just trying to find ways AutoZone. We were autozoning it, like we mentioned the first one. Then she became executive producer of the show, the radio show Climbing Up through a sister producer. Then she went over to my management side and was managing. She still does my all, and then now she's head of the president of the podcast network. But sometimes I won't be like, Hey, I'm working so hard, why are you guys not running up beside me? But I've created that culture of doing everything myself and then sometimes being like, hey, why aren't you doing So it's definitely a bit on both ends. It's awesome because I do control it. I do invest a lot in it, But sometimes it's negative because I have disappointment in people that I shouldn't have because they don't deserve it. Yeah, but you know, the show is baby, as they say. That's how we end every podcast, except not one time when we were into it like that and Eddie threw us off by coming in beeping the dangle arm. Did I not say come in the wood door. I've been doing that on that podcast.
Speaker 4: What that?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 2: Phil? Thank you man, You are awesome.
Speaker 1: And my dream scenario is one day you can just tell me either what to do or why you think I'm doing is not the way to do it, because I think you are. I've told my CFO and CEO many times if this guy's ever opened, we have to hire him immediately, and if anything, that should get you a raised when your next deal comes up at Alpha. But I am a big fan Alpha Media too, because you've taken a risk on me and your stations there, so I know you have to fly home and see your wife and kids and stuff. I thank you very much for being and doing this this deal with me than you guys go philosophis this podcast at phil Becker Media, and that is all.
Speaker 6: Goodbye, Thanks for listening to a Bobby Cast production