Speaker 1: Put your hairs together and we're going to start to party.
Speaker 2: Start.
Speaker 1: I'm reading a party the Elvis DA ran after party.
Speaker 3: Look what the cat dragged in?
Speaker 4: Juju Green is here for the weekend. What are we watching in theaters? What are we watching at home? And what should we not watch? Welcome back from the Sundance Festival. You had a good time.
Speaker 2: I had a great time. It was my first Sundance ever, and other than the blistering cold in the snow, it was it was amazing. It's everything that I wanted it to be. It was the last one in Park City, and so I kind of went at a very like crazy moment in time. But yeah, I loved it. Where's it going? Well, it's going on. Where's Boulder Boulder, Colorado?
Speaker 3: Are we gonna rename it the Boulder Festival?
Speaker 2: The Boulder? Honestly? I like that name. I heard They're show on some great movies there.
Speaker 3: Juju Green is here.
Speaker 4: Of course, you can see him all over socials under his real legal name straw Hat Goofy.
Speaker 2: Hell.
Speaker 4: This podcast is a word winning We love him all right, let's get into it.
Speaker 3: Let's bite into it. What do you have, Juju?
Speaker 2: Yes, says so As you guys know, the Oscar nominations came out last week and we have sinners with sixteen nominations. Woo for sinners. But however, there was a giant snub in the international category. A movie that is still in theaters is directed by Park Chan Wook. No Other Choice one of the best films of last year, and when I say of last year came out Christmas, so basically this year. But No Other Choice is a great movie from Park Chan Wook. He also directed the movie Old Boy, one of the best Korean movies ever. But it's essentially about this man who has everything. He has two dogs, great kids, a wife, a great job that he's worked at for twenty years until one day they tell him that he's fired and now he has no other choice but to take out the competition in order to get the job that he wants to interview.
Speaker 4: Basically, okay, that could happen. That's how we got our jobs here.
Speaker 2: Please, I didn't know I walked into this. Okay, I love it. I love it. I love it. No other choice, everybody. Now, this next one, it comes out this weekend. It's called Send Help Sorry. Rachl mcaddams and Dylan O'Brien. This is directed by Horror Icon and also Spider Man Icon. If you ask me, Sam Raimi, and if you look at the reviews, the reviews are already crazy good like it has about a ninety something percent on Rotten Tomatoes, and it's essentially about Rachel McAdams, who plays a woman who is working at a company for multiple multiple years, except she's actually not trying to kill anybody yet because she's up for a promotion when Dylan O'Brien, someone younger takes over the job position as her boss when her when his father dies, and he treats her like crap, treats her like utter pooh pooh, And once they crash on a deserted island, it's only those two left, and then the hierarchy of the workplace devolves and she's the one who becomes the big one on the on the island. It devolves into something horrific. It devolves into something pretty hilarious, and I think Sam Raimi is back in his horror bag. I love me some Sam Raimi, especially after Spider Man two. But please check out Send Help this weekend. It's awesome.
Speaker 3: Yeah all right, And you said theaters or is it streaming.
Speaker 2: That is in theaters. Both of these movies aren't theaters, by.
Speaker 3: The way, God it we actually have to go to a theater. Okay, all right, I'll go.
Speaker 2: If you're coming to you, Okay, I got you, I got you, all right. If you don't want to go to a theater, I do have a new Marvel series for you. It is wonder Man on Disney Plus. Now, guys, we've heard that the Marvel cinematic universe is not really what it used to be. I mean, Depp wool won't re make fun of it themselves in their own movie. However, wonder Man is the real fricking deal. If you like the Studio, it is basically Marvel's version of the Studio or yeah, y'ab doing the team. The second is an actor in Los Angeles with superpowers, existing in the world where superpowered people are not allowed in Hollywood. This wow. If it's if you like like action, if you like like these big set pieces where people are fighting with superpowers, You're not gonna get a lot of that. Instead, you're gonna get a story about a man who just loves the craft of making movies and acting and his powers are just an extension of that and how he tries to hide it. Plus, if you watch din Man three and shun Chi, you'll note that Sir Ban Kingsley plays the Mandarin, who is an actor pretending to be a terrorist. He is also like one of his best friends in the show. And it's honestly very sweet, it's pretty complex, and it's something different than the MCU has like offered before, and it's honestly one of Marvel's best shows that they have ever done. And I am not capping on that. Wonder Man is awesome.
Speaker 3: Look at you. And then the Disney Plus is where we see that.
Speaker 2: Disney Plus is where we see it.
Speaker 5: You actually got me all sparked up on that. I'm ready to get Please watch it. And it's only eight episodes. All the episodes are maybe like thirty thirty five minutes, so it's a very quick watch. But I promise you, like you might want to watch it again right after you're done. It's it's that good. It's really really good.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 3: So in recap, no other choice. You gotta see that. In the theater, the guy's gonna you know, he wants his job.
Speaker 4: He's gonna take people out till he gets it back right, send help Rachel McAdams, who knew. But it's getting huge, huge, huge, huge accolades.
Speaker 2: So far, yes, so far, so far, it's getting nothing, nothing but praise. And I think this is Sam Raimi's first movie since Multi Verse of Madness, the Doctor Strange movie, which a lot of people did not love. So you get back on the Sam Raimi train.
Speaker 3: And wonder Man on Disney Plus, this is the one I want to check out. Is that out now?
Speaker 2: It is out right now, check it out as gay as you get, get home, all right, follow up, gandhi go.
Speaker 6: Okay, So my mom asked me the other day which movie she should see in a theater and I had no idea. And I know we always talk about things that are like super interesting, maybe a little bit heady. But is there something for like parents that's kind of fun and family friendly right now, super easy to digest in.
Speaker 2: The theater or just like either one?
Speaker 6: Actually I'll take either one.
Speaker 7: The Housemaid, No, I would, No, you don't.
Speaker 2: You don't watch that with a family.
Speaker 6: They love They love movies like My Big Fat Greek Wedding, things like that.
Speaker 2: Hm hm hmm. Okay, let's see if you want something for the family, that's that's a really good question. I mean Rental Family with Brendan Fraser was in theaters for a while. I'm not sure if it's in theaters right now, but I think it might be available on streaming, so if you can find Rental Family. Rental Family is like a good family flick. Also perfect hm. But this is good because, like you know, me and my daughter whenever we watch we watch a lot of anime together, so like I'm like out of the family loop a little bit. But m m oh wait wait, Never Ending Story, Never never ending Story. It is a it is fantasy from a bygone era. I used to watch it with my family all the time and play we just Got dealt with Stranger Things and that, like it started to make its rounds around Spotify and Apple again, so the song is on everybody's mind. So Never Ending Story is my old school pick for that for sure.
Speaker 3: That's nineteen eighties, isn't it?
Speaker 2: Isn't it that old? Nineteen eighties? Nineteen eighties? Ooh, guys, I got it, I got it, I got it. I exploding my eyes what you got? This one also is an older pick, but it is timeless. It is timeless. It's actually back in theaters right now, and it's a trilogy. The Lord of the Rings trilogy is back in theaters right And I remember watching that for the first time because my grandmother wanted to see it but she didn't have no one to babysit me, so she took me to see it, and that obviously it changed my life and I became a Lord of the Rings guy. So that that like, as far as like family, I know it's an unorthodox family thing, but come on, it's Lord of the Rings. Like we're gonna talk about fantasy you want to talk about like and then you can go into the Hobbit. That's more family friendly than anything.
Speaker 6: But I don't think my parents will like any of these things.
Speaker 7: But wasn't the Hobbit and the Housewife.
Speaker 2: It was? I mean, the band guy looks pretty small. If he looks pretty.
Speaker 3: Small, no comment.
Speaker 7: Can I ask for Juju to do something next week? Sure, every time we see you in your studio, you look like you're surrounded by the coolest like Chatchke's and stuff like movie memorabilia. Can you do like a show and tell next week of like one thing that's really cool in your room.
Speaker 2: Yes, of course, I got many things. We can be here for years, you know.
Speaker 4: Okay, this could be a weekly thing, a weekly show and Tell with Juju. By the way, you listen to us on the podcast as well, but if you watch this on the podcast, you can see what we're talking about.
Speaker 3: You've got a lot of stuff in there.
Speaker 4: Juju, You're the best Juju Green. We love it when you stop by to see us every single Friday. Of course, do a search for straw had Goofy on your socials and check out his podcast Anyone.
Speaker 3: In Interesting on your podcast.
Speaker 2: Coming up this week, we have the actor who plays Cornbread in Centers. As we continue our Center series, we have co Miller and he gives us a lot of interesting and hidden things about the movie that you normally wouldn't get, so we get really in depth. We have a lot of lass and we also talk about his experience with eminem on eight Mile because he was in that is his best friend. So a lot of interesting things happening on that episode. So that will come out this Sunday.
Speaker 3: All right, Juju, You're the best Juju Green. Have a great weekend.
Speaker 2: Thanks guys, Love y'all, Love you more, Gandhi. I'm gonna do better on those family flicks for you. I got you.
Speaker 6: My parents take very linear easy, like they can't.
Speaker 2: We have a section just for your parents, all right, Thank you, Juju
Speaker 1: After party