Speaker 1: Teaks to the planet.
Speaker 2: I go by the name of charlamagnea god, and guess what, I can't wait to see y'all at the third annual Black Effect Podcast Festival. That's right, We're coming back to Atlanta, Georgia, Saturday, April twenty six at Poeman Yards and it's hosted by none other than Decisions Decisions, Mandy B and Weezy. Okay, we got the R and B Money podcast, were taking Jay Valentine. We got the Woman of All podcasts with Sarah Jake Roberts. We got Good Mom's Bad Choices. Carrie Champion will be there with her next sports podcast and the Trap Nerds podcast with more to be announced. And of course it's bigger than podcasts. We're bringing the Black Effect marketplace with black owned businesses plus the food truck court to keep you fed while you visit us. All right, listen, you don't want to miss this. Tap in and grab your tickets now at Black Effect dot Com Flash Podcast Festival.
Speaker 1: Flame Shoe Shoe.
Speaker 2: If you watch the Coffee Time the Baby you know the name Flame my Bro also known as my Roe Flame.
Speaker 1: Come in with last and come in with Jim Love Lamb's Baby you better catch it when you can't drop a knowledge from fatherhood to politics, shouting now comics, just paying homage, what's up? Tips? Yeah?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 1: She ready shot towns one speaking to the grown a second. We gonna last cut him and kick it in at the end, we leave it with just a lifted spirits make you want to revisit, so you first take a listen. Young folks say it's slip. Old folks say we dig it. H ain't no fish do what you do? Do what you do?
Speaker 3: No kids do what I do?
Speaker 1: No kis.
Speaker 4: Welcome to this week's episode of Laugh and Learnt. I am your host, Flame Monroe, along with my beautiful co hosts, Miss Tuts, Miss I can't miss Bobby, Hi Tuts, how's a common Oh Bobby, I can't. I can't with the word the word, but I can't. And when we get into this episode, you're gonna understand why I just can't. I can't.
Speaker 1: I feel like since Friday, we've it has been it's I feel like it's been five months in a blank. Oh my god, it feels like it's so long. We'll we'll talk about all of it, but the mess last night and then sweet Jesus. We we haven't even talked about Paul as the landscapers and in the White House. That's that feels like a lifetime ago.
Speaker 4: That happened before we take this take this week's episode. We damn sure we're gonna get into it because I'm telling you, we ain't doing no hot topics nothing. I do want to maybe mention, Oh my god, we lost so many artists and and people in the plants. We probably we lost were burta Flack. We lost Chris. Was that last week where Chris jet? That was that last week? Look at me? Okay, come back to my Roe, come back. Uh yeah, I'm sorry, y'all. I was having a biting moment ship.
Speaker 1: But we did find out poor Gene Hackman who died, that it's not caba monoxide, that he's been dead. They were dead for two weeks. That's like my that's like my nightmare. They're going to have the bodycam footage of the people going in, because some people are saying the door was left right open and other people aren't. So like they said, they just were able to walk right in.
Speaker 4: So hold on, wait a minute, So it was not common monoxide poisoning.
Speaker 1: They said, that's the one thing, but there are many other poisons and stuff, and that will take weeks to come back. But what they were able to immediately do. And then the dog, of course was in the was in the closet in a crate, which is you know, people put them in with them when they sleep and stuff. And they didn't tell us why the dog died. But I'm sure he was starved to death or you know, had no water or anything. So I don't think that he's on there. I don't think that they're thinking he's the same as as the two owners, but could be. Who knows. So we'll find out if somebody had. They weren't saying foul play, so who knows. But I what a weird way to go.
Speaker 4: It's very scary now. And I'm gona telling you something. I've smelling a decomposing body before after like me too. Oh my god, to smell this. Oh you never get rid of that smail for two weeks. I can only imagine Bobby, Oh my god.
Speaker 1: Do you know one of my favorite movies he was in was I happened to love the movie Bird Cage And at the very end he was supposed to be a senator or something, and he was trapped in this drag club and they couldn't get them out, and so they put Gene Hackman in drag and I thought it was the funniest. He didn't think he was pretty enough.
Speaker 4: He was. He was so good in so many memorable movies. I loved him in Enemy to the State where We'll See I Love Love, loved him in Superman. Oh my god that I loved him in the Original Superman with Christopher Reeves. It was so many movies that he was just fantastic seeing. Yeah, may he rest in peace. I didn't even realize that he was in his nineties. He didn't he was in his nineties. I'm like, oh my god, I loved him as a kid, so I didn't know he was as old. Because that's that's the one beautiful thing about theater and movies, because those people will forever say that age in your mind when you see them in that movie, so they'll always be that age. So rest in peace to him and his wife and the poor dog Bobby. See, I'm not a big I'm not big on caging animals. I just I'm just that's not who I am as a person, and I'm a dog lover, just like you would. Yeah, my dog, my dog run this house. They run through the house. I can't do it a cage.
Speaker 1: Some like the crate though. So this was a dog. They had just a little blurb of them. But it was a rescue dog who had been returned twice. And the wife took the dog and they meshed. Sometimes dogs find a crate to be a place to go in and decompress if they feel nervous. They supposed she was a phenomenal trainer and the dog, the dog might have wanted to be in there, you know. But whether the lock in she but she could. They could have been when this happened. They could have been getting ready for bed to go to sleep. And it could be there are other dogs. You might not have this issue because you've got multiple dogs. Some dogs don't get along with the other dogs very well, you know, if they're led to their own devices.
Speaker 4: So Bobbie, okay, So Bobby is give y'all the very watered down white woman versus let me tell you what she just said that made me want to go straight for a joke. And y'all forgive me if y'all think it's too so well. She said the dog was a rescue dog. It might needed to be rescued from now O. God, I loved it.
Speaker 1: I mean, you are adopt don't shop first than yourself. I shocked because I wanted the Burmese Mountain dog. I won't do it again.
Speaker 4: I mean I will.
Speaker 1: I love the breed. I will really try to look for a mix or something, because I just I just adore the breed and I'd like a big dog. But in call, we don't have a lot of free dogs here in the Northeast, especially in Massachusetts. More you have to go to like New York. But in California, you guys have tons of stray dogs. Yeah, you know, I'll make the thing next time and make sure you know, because I like a great Pyrene. I just like the big dogs, you know. I just like the big boys and girls.
Speaker 4: So are you over compensating for something?
Speaker 1: Yes? If my ass is so big, I'm hoping the dogs standing beside me will kind of counterbalance the double cheeks.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, boy.
Speaker 1: Next to me?
Speaker 4: Oh my good. So ladies, let me tell you you got something. This has been such a disparaging week in politics. If you're an American citizen, just to see how everything has really been playing out. We're going to start with last Friday. There was a very public meeting in the Oval Office with President Zelensky and Trump Advance because they will not get a title from me because they did not conduct themselves like heads of state. So if you don't act like a head of a state, I would not refer to you as a head of a state. But President Zelensky stood his ground, stood up for his country, and I just thought it was my baracter where they are bullying him and was trying to attack him, and Trump was like, you owe me and you America did this for you, and you would It was the way they were going after him. And it was unheard of and unprecedented to see a vice president be as vocal as Vance was, because usually a vice president sits in the corner and likes like kids, children should be seen and not heard, and the vice president is usually seen and I heard. But they were on a double attack on Zelenski. And as I'm watching this unfold in front of all of us, because it could have been public, big fights in front of before with pens of states, but we were never privy to it. We were actually able to see this happen in real time and Trump handed hand on in this man's face and his aggressive tone with the old Braggley little hands, and he just going back and forth with the man. But when he said this is going to be great TV, I said, that's all Trump ever wanted. If y'all really ever thought about what all you ever wanted was great, was good TV. They should have given him ten boy se of the Apprentice, as opposed to one day in the Oval. You saw it, Bobby, and I know we don't always agree on everything, but as an American, I was mortified. How did you feel as America?
Speaker 1: As a white woman, I was embarrassed. I think there were a multiple It was a super multi layered whatever. Do I believe it was a setup? I don't. Now that doesn't mean that I don't think that Trump advance discussed what was going to happen. And you say this, and I say this in case something happens. From what I can gather, Zelensky wasn't one hundred percent innocent here, but she does not deserve He's a desperate man who has been, you know, in a fight for three years, and he's desperate watching little babies, lose limbs in their lives and everything else. He was told that, you know, to come in and don't talk about securities or whatever, because what they're trying to do is, of course, Trump had the Russian press there, and what they're trying to do is a peas or a suage Putin, right, So they don't want to talk badly about Putin. They don't want to show the atrocities that he's done. They don't want to do any of that. That probably should have happened at the lunch after. But I think that maybe Zelensky didn't trust Trump and he wanted to make sure he was getting it on record. Okay, so that's what he owns, and I'll leave it at that. That said, when, as you said, vance steps in the hell is he to speak? He stirred the pot. Somebody said something about Zelensky wearing a suit. Who gives that was Marjorie Taylor Green's boyfriend.
Speaker 4: By the way, I don't.
Speaker 1: Even believe that that's even a true thing, but I'll take it from you. But who cares. I mean, the girl can't even comb her here. I don't even want to get her. And Bobert Bobert thought she was going to a prom. Did you see you with the side the side strap and her lack of bosom to even hold up that. I'm like this, this bitch. Then she's going to a dance. She's coming for a date in the Congress, for Christ's sake, I mean, geez, I mean she was in a theater house right, given a I don't know what a happy ending. Maybe she thought something fabulous was going to happen in Congress. I don't know. I'm please. Well, they were all stiff faced, every single solitary one of them. But the fact that they take a sitting president and to try to humiliate them. Now, I think what happened is so if we had a statesman Obama, Biden, I'll even say Bush, because Bush had to behave with company, they would have turned that the minute Zelensky whipped out the pictures. They'd say, you know what, we're going to save that for the lunch and then, well, you know, we'll discuss then, And they just would have They would have turned the conversation you know today is about we're going to sign a mineral deal after this. Whatever they would however, they would handle it. They would have handled it, but he didn't. He was watching when I say, hey, I mean Trump, President Trump. He was watching his big moment with Putin that he wanted Putin to see how well he handled something go down the drain because the Lindsay didn't come in kissing his his took us and telling them how wonderful he was and rubbing his shoulders or whatever he was doing, teasing up his his hir, sweet Jesus. If it gets any longer. I saw the other day there was a wind caught it. It almost sealed him away. If he hadn't had a couple of extra hamburgers that day, he would have been up in the atmosphere. He it didn't happen like that, and so he panicked, and so he started, you know, he started being snippy.
Speaker 3: I thought he had.
Speaker 1: Panicky. He absolutely it became in a panic advance jumped in saying that you can trust pump. We have a pump. I made them like benefer hooting and Trump. I pumped them. He said you could trust them, And I thought that. President Zelensky said, well, how can you it through diplomacy, which neither one of them were giving diplomacy. He said, well, how can you, and he said, you know, we had the Minsk Agreement gone. You know, he went through every single solitary time that they had had a chance. It was a great education for Vance. And he just turned and said, so when when? How would you trust them? What kind of diplomacy? And then he says, have you even said thank you? Have you ever walked into a room and just said thank you? Thank you? Flying you say at the end when something's happened. They haven't given him anything. He has thanked the American people, President Zelensky nine hundred and eighty two times. You can get a clip with all sorts of different Timu suits. That's that's Trump's new thing. He got a suit out of Timo his outfit, but he called it Temo. He doesn't even know how to say the name because obviously he doesn't Shoppatimo. He's that doesn't enough for everything that's already been given.
Speaker 4: I just want to applaud President Zelenski for uh not losing his cool. You could clearly see that he was frustrated and he was aggravated with the double team attack from these two people who represent our leadership in America. That's what I'm gonna called it. They represent our leadership in America. But he didn't blow his school and because he knew he what was at stake. It was not about his personal feelings. He is fighting for his country. So when the ridiculous reporter asks him, why did he wear a suit, because he was showing respect that not only does he stand ten toes down for his country, but he stands with his country. Like you said, by me, he's been in a war with Russia for three years. They're trying to acquire his country. They want the minerals, they want the land, they want to they want to seize everything, and he is fighting on the ground with his people. No bones. First, he's start hiding in a bunker, So if he dressed in a suit, it'll look like he's above the Ukrainian people when he's actually standing right in the middle finding out people for his country. And a lot of people miss that. So I have great respect for President Zelenski. I see that he does have to come back around to get whatever he needs from America, and I understand that, and I hope that he doesn't have to grovel to do it, because the man is fighting for his country, and his country is a sovereign country which is an ally to the United States, and we don't want to lose that. We don't want to lose. But somebody is chasing away all of our allies. Somebody is chasing away NATO and everybody who has worked with the United States. I was looking at a report earlier Bobby or China. Apparently allegedly China has said they are ready to go to war at any time with US, but the US. Let me tell you something, I don't want a war period. I don't want any kind of war nowhere, and I definitely don't want a war here. And I don't want to go to war with China because China gets those boys, they get them keids ready for war when they start walking.
Speaker 1: They do although and we'll get to it. He was talking. One of his fact checking facts from last night, Trumps was he was saying that all of a sudden, there were all these people going into the military, and He's going on and on and on before his trans comments and all of that, and that's it's not true. Under Trump. It has been for the past year. We have seen, you know, incremental changes. I think they are up like between ten and fifteen percent. So they believe, but that had nothing to do with Trump. That's just they have this new it's almost like a boot camp to the boot camp. They have an icon think of the name of it, and I should have pulled it up for tonight's discussion. They have this new it's a camp where they can send people who are I don't want to say their subpar. They might not be ready physically ready, or they think they are, but they've been eating cheeseburd in high school and whatnot, and all of a sudden they get out and they're like, oh, I can't run five miles. So this gets them ready intellectually because it teaches them whatever is going to be on the test or whatever you're going to have in boot camp and as well as the physical and so they have whatever this camp is, I'm gonna I'll have to look it up after. People are finding success with it, so it's great. So they're doing this and then they're going to the whatever week twelve week boot camp, and so people are It's on the rise because I guess a lot of kids that were trying out for it weren't physically fit unfortunately, which speaks to, you know, make America healthy.
Speaker 4: Again. You know what, Bobby, I think that would be a great idea if I wasn't worried about so many racist kids going into something like they're getting prepared for the wrong. They're not getting prepared to go to war with other countries. They're getting prepared to go to war with their own damn people from their own country. That is the scary part. And we see it with these marches. They walking around holding Nazi said Nazi would even like y'all, Nazis wouldn't even want You don't even understand the magnitude of what being the Nazi is. That's the problem. That's how even that they are, and just uninformed they think they're given. Having a swatzka swatzika and throwing up the Nazi sad with their hand makes them U what's his name? Him would have probably annihilated you, Guss, because you would not as cribteria.
Speaker 1: You had to be you had to be perfect, you know, Hitler find out now, I don't know. I would love if someone actually would pull DNA and do a DNA test test on him, because supposedly he had a grandmother that was Jewish. They would have lost his mind. You can't have a bit of black, a bit of Hispanic. You can't be Catholic or have any Catholics in your family. You you obviously couldn't be Jewish, like there's so many Half of these kids wouldn't wouldn't qualify that that think that they're the perfect specimens. They're not. You couldn't be swarthy, and they didn't want like Greeks or Italians or the Italians. In the end they allied.
Speaker 4: But so I get the idea of the Buchamp. But racism is a learned behavior. So if they're already racist as a kid, training them to fight to kill or hurt or many other people is just going to give them the ability to do it, not only to people outside of by our country, just outside of their race, because they think one way, because this is how they were brought up, this is what was taught to them, this is what was instilled and grained into their DNA, And it's a lot of the bs going around. So yeah, I don't know, Bobby. I like the idea of that, because as Americans, we are fed as heir, we all out of shit. That's why everybody on knows Zmpic. You can't take those in the military.
Speaker 1: Yeah, actually no, you absolutely, you absolutely come, but will go be. I mean, what's unfortunate. So I like that too. Is something that has happened is Trump has stopped or paused a military aid. He's also stopped sending information like the CIA is no longer sending information to the Ukraine. Like it's this is these are people fighting for their lives. They do not have to, they do not deserve to have an intelligence pause. You know, if we have information saying they're coming in the back door, we should be sending it.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: But I've also seen people are outraged. They can't believe.
Speaker 4: Not his base.
Speaker 1: His base thinks it's great. They don't get what an ally is. They don't get. I just I don't understand. I don't anybody that watched that. I was watching. Chris Christy was on George George Stephanopolis this week this week Sunday, and I thought he was he was pretty interesting, he said, you know, and he had had an alliance with Trump because the GOP had asked him to make him better, you know, like in his first term, get him ready, because he had run at least a state, get him you know, sort of government ready. And he said, the one thing that he doesn't have is he has no empathy. He said, I had gone over. He just doesn't have it. He's not somebody that was born with it. It's like a missing link for him. He said. I went to myself all the to Ukraine at the beginning of the war. I went into Zelenski's office. He said. The windows were all covered with the heavy burlap. The windows up against the windows were all sandbags. He said, you could clearly see he goes. And we weren't even quite a year yet. You know the misery that this poor guy was going into going in with what was happening outside. You could hear the bombs and any He said, if Trump had any empathy at all, he would be able to understand that, like that's how you would have treated him like a friend coming in. But he doesn't have it. And I thought he thought it was disgraceful. He couldn't believe, he absolutely couldn't believe how we was treated and we was absolutely bullied. And he said, but that's how he does all his deals. He bullies every that to them all he goes. Was I shocked, no, disappointed?
Speaker 4: Yes, Chris Christy, I said, he got it wrong. It's our empathy is not the only one component. He's missing a couple of other ones. They had something to do with the wizard. They had something to do with the Wizard of ours. What were they seeking? A heart, a brain, and some courage? All three of those are missing. Cause good God Jesus. Anyway, we just as from here, have to learn from here at I Heeart and Black Oppect Network, I'm going to apologize on behalf of the country to President Zelenski for the embarrassing way that you were treated by our people, who we well, who they have elected to be hit at the ahead of our state. Bobby, I'm going to blame America for this. I just got to say, I blame all of us for this situation that we're in. We didn't vote for him, but I don't know if we were vocal enough or took up big enough staying to try to stop and fight this. Not that I know what we could have done, Bobby, because this money is winning, money is winning, and we don't have money like that. Money is winning, But when is it going to be enough for the Republican Party who used to be respected, who used to be admired and looked at like, oh my god, they are the they are the upper echelone of people in America. They have allowed themselves to be taken down under the mat, not to the mat, but under the mat by one person because a bully and power and there's money that subsequential that you threw all your values away because they love how say Christian? They Christian, these Christian values Christian? Shut up, flame molroll and she said that I don't know if that that's what's working because I saw it and say something real nasty. I don't know if that's what's working for Bobby. But until we get a bunch of Republicans with some serious mojo to say, hey, this is not who we are, this is not what America is that can push back, I don't know what we can do to stop this steamroller from rolling us over. Because it's rolling us over. Bobby.
Speaker 1: We've got to we've got to stand up. You have to speak truth to power. I'm going to tell you who I was proud who did speak up. So Vice President Vance went to Vermont on a ski weekend with his family, and let me tell you what he hit up there in Liberland. There were the entire way from the airport right and on till he was going to mad River. I think up in Vermont were protesters. I don't like some of the language they were using, because I know there were kids in the car, and I don't like I don't like that. But they were holding their Ukraine flags. They were telling them where he could go. They were screaming they hope he got ice and he slipped and some bad They were f bombinum. They were so But that's what people need to see. We're not happy. We're not happy with you, and not one or two people. We're talking. There were only one line deep, line deep. They weren't like twenty deep, but they were miles long. This protest went, so he had a long way to go in and his wife can see, his kids can see that. People don't think their daddy is so great. They probably don't understand enough of it. But that's what we have to start doing. We have to start showing up to the town halls. We have to start calling our Congress. We have to start doing protests like this. That means, because that was disgraceful. I heard Trump say in his speech last night, I'm going to take it for what it's worth. I'm hoping this is good. That Vladimir's Zelensky had written a letter apologizing, saying that he wanted peace up up uh. I hope that's enough. But kissing that he'll have to do. I'm sure it's not going to be enough, because if they could do the mineral deal, and I don't know if Trump didn't explain it enough to Zelensky prior to that meeting. If we are aligned and we have financial interest in your country, we have to come to your aid. You know, you're one of our assets, so we have to. He's trying to say stuff without saying it, and why do you invite the press. That was the biggest mistake because you said, we hear about Fdr In Churchill, who, by the way, wore a jumpsuit for his negotiations at the White House, and nobody bitched about that. He looked like he was gonna hop under someone's car and change the Royal. They were all at blows, you know, there were a whole bunch of of Machi macks in the in the Oval office and they were all but fist fighting, but nobody saw it.
Speaker 4: So it did exactly.
Speaker 1: That's right, years later, not even then.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but now we actually got to see it on fold for us in real time. And how disrespectful that was. But gltitude run it up and opened up the door. Let's go right into it. So last night he gave his address to the was it to the Senate or to the Congress?
Speaker 1: It was to the it was to what was to Congress, so you know, you got the House and the Senate. It was to all it was to Congress.
Speaker 4: And it was just ninety minutes of live lying. That's what I call it the live lying show. Because nobody fact checked him. He went on and on about this, that and the third and going on now. He did break some interesting points for me. Bobby I am. I'm very afraid that he is going to as a transgender person in this country, that he is going to stop all kind of healthcare for transgender adults with children. I kind of get it, This is my opinion, the opinion of the show, but I kind of get that. But with adults who have already living in their lives and you know, coming to their own and decided this is who I am, because that's already in you, I don't agree with that. I think it's going to be a lot of people very unhappy because of that. I don't agree with some of that. I did see what he said about the trends and sports and mova WU. But Bobby, some of his says cutting medicare cutting Medicaid, cutting social security.
Speaker 5: He's not such an Exactly everything in Project twenty twenty five is told, and they still they're supposed to have everything on those nine hundred and would have many pages completely executed by July.
Speaker 4: The first, Uh, we are what are we two months in in? It's looking real, it's looking real, scary and sketchy. They're looking like exactly what he's what he's saying that it is going to happen like you said, but we got to stand up. I only applaud. I wish that the Democratic Party had balls like Nancy Pelosi because I want to just give a shout out to Representative l Green who got up and walked out because he just couldn't take it. I personally thought the whole Democratic Party should have got up and walked out. But the Democrats are missing something. They need to go see the Wizard because courage is a no no. Right now, the only people who seem to have courage are the women are the only people in the Democratic but I seem to have other women.
Speaker 1: I gotta say I disagree with you on us. I liked that. I liked that the women were wearing because the dee I and whatnot. They all wore pink I like stuff like that, holding up friggin ping pong paddles. What the hell is that? What are we in third grade? You steal you? I wish they sat there mature, like, don't come if you can't come, but you know you're being paid to come. You pai paid in six He is such a whack job that saying anything and speaking anyway just validates him. He can twist it and look at Pocahontas Elizabeth Warren like he had to make a comment. She wasn't saying anything. She was just sitting there, like I think when you act up, I don't know. I'd rather just look just sit there and look and listen. Should he have been removed? No, after Majorie Taylor Green and whatever the weather? Wacko.
Speaker 4: That's what I'm saying about me, So I get what you're saying about. Maybe the Democrats should have handed it another way. But why when when the Republicans already laid the base when President but Obama was the president, they were comp literally, you lie. They called him by his name and helped you from the floor. So let me tell you something. That they laid the base. They laid the base.
Speaker 1: No, I gotta President Biden was the president.
Speaker 4: They also would have go President Biden, but he went back back and back toe to toe with them, So they laid the base. This is how we could have won this election. Have we had these balls and that kind of gumption while fighting. We're we're passed the fight now, we're in the damn war now. But have we had this kind of uh, stand up and fight for yourself or shout out or be a little more vocal or verbal, we might not be here. So our problem there for having a vote for being vocal now because we didn't lay the foundation. They did. We just adding to it. I know how they say sometimes you have to fight fire with fire. By what I said before, the only reason color I think Kala Harris should have gotten in the dirt with Trump. I think she should have got down in the dirt with him. That's how he wins. He gets in the dirt, and he expects people to have a presidential way or an American way that they're not going to get down in a dirt with him. That's how he wins.
Speaker 1: He I just yeah, I just I don't know. I didn't like because when al Green came out, he was so well spoken and his he had real vital reasons for speaking. But do you think that that probably turned Trump on having him thrown out and Johnson? I just don't. I don't know. I'm you know what I was. I'm sitting here looking and I'm not being rude. I'm listening to everything that you're saying. A Democratic representative from Texas, Sylvester Turner seventy passed away right after after leaving. He must have had a heart attack on his way out, so it's an open seat. So you know where my mind went immediately, I was hoping to God that he was a Republican and we might have a chance at the siege. But I'm trying to see. You know, some states, if a if a senator or or a congressman passes, the governor of the state can appoint appoint somebody. So that's what I was trying to look. I'm trying to see do they have to have a hearing, do they get appointed? Do they have to have an election? And I can't it's too it looks like a little document.
Speaker 4: I can't read it. Under this administration, it won't matter. They're making up the rules as they go along. They're changing the damn constitution right about face. So, but they're trying on what you said, Mike Johnson being excited. He shouldn't have been too excited because the news immediate reports that his chief of staff was arrested by driving drunk on the d U A. Let's see if we hear any more about that after.
Speaker 1: I wonder, I wonder, my god, he probably was like Jesus Christ, this is what I'm this is what I'm working with. Had a few while he was sitting in there. Yeah, but I saw I saw people magazine put that out. There are a lot of news media put it out, but that was the last one that I saw, and I thought, oh god, uh, I mean the fact checking that with that went on with that, I can't even like everything that came out of his mouth. Everything that came out of his mouth wasn't true.
Speaker 4: Like it was called a live lie.
Speaker 1: It was he was I'm thinking about the fact checking the whole thing. So usually it's a little partisan. The last time, the last time that President Biden spoke, he never mentioned Trump's name. I don't believe, but he we clearly knew who he was thinking about, not President Trump. He came right out and bashed everybody, anybody and everybody, and a lot of the stuff like we were talking about, it's stupid stuff. I mean, it's all checkable. So I just don't know why he bothers. He has that five million dollar citizenship be selling. Remember that's been around, not a five million dollars at a million was the loss that that President Biden checked it at twenty twenty two and he had just at it. But it's been in since the first Bush. And it's called EB five and you have to come. You have to take your five million dollars and put it into a company here in this country that brings it jobs as a whole formula that you have and during that time, if you keep your powder dry and your nose clean, you can apply for citizenship because maybe your business really takes off, you know, maybe another apple, and you know you have to be here too. So it's a lot, so, but he's making it sound like something that he has created. Not true. Eggs were so expensive, No, they weren't. Inflation was coming down. At the highest they were was in twenty twenty two, when we also had the bird flu had come out. We was still coming off of prices for COVID. Unfortunately, we all know that prices don't come back down. Like people who are waiting for them to come down, just ask, just pray for stabilization. They're never coming back down unless there's a price reset, like something huge happens, like a recession. I don't want a recession. Blame you know, no money gets spent on a recession. So they have to bring the prices down. So he's talking like they're going to do something great. Funny when Biden had the bird flu, he was a bomb, but the prices were coming down. And now all of a sudden, Trump has a bird flu and it's Biden's fault that there's the bird flu it.
Speaker 4: Well, of course it was the blame game, Bobby. He blamed Biden, Blame Obama, he blamed he blamed Clinton. He he would blame anybody as opposed to taking any responsibility for anything negative. Because he wants to make it like he is a natural snake charmer and he is a snake charmer because he has charmed the hell out of snakes.
Speaker 1: Good dab, Yeah, he really. It's it's shocking to see the people that come out and they kind of stand by it, like I am sure his face. I mean, the reason he came out and he did this because he doesn't have to. He didn't have to do this. But they're saying that he's at forty forty eight percent, but his poll numbers with his base are dropping and he needs to speak to his base, he needs to build. That was all just for his base, so they he lies and they believe it. But nobody expects a whole hell of a lot at six weeks he has he has done a lot. He was going to say he was going to do a lot for the country on day one. He has chaos. He is the king. He is the king of chaos. He has everything is such a hot mess. Is seventy thousand they're talking about seventy thousand veteran affairs people being laid off. Remember he's big for the vets, but how do we know people are going to get their benefits and stuff is going to be doled out the way it's supposed to if we don't have people to dole it out. Now, you know, he had the Democratic responsees today. I liked her, Senator Alissa Slockin. I believe she Minnesota. She's somebody. I liked her. She came and she made a couple statement's flame. You know, we're always talking about about the messaging, right, she made a couple of statements that have got were great, like basically, you know, we had the American dream and these are the things that we expected and that's all gone. Yes, that's how you talk to people. You agree with them because it's true in Michigan. I wasn't sure if she was Michigan Minnesota. I really liked her. I think that I got you is very powerful. I don't know if what would have made that more powerful and I lost you is Wouldn't it been great if we got one of somebody that would be good at it, well spoken, one of these people that have just been laid off that say, you know, I worked thirty years for Veterans' Affairs and now I have no job and go through all of the things, you know, the same type of speech and let people actually see a real person that's lost the job, because and lets it affect you. They just don't believe it's actually them. You know, it's not gonna affect me.
Speaker 4: I was, yeah, I was high off. I think that whatever we're going to do, we definitely need well, I'm going to say the Democratic Party because I'm telling you right now, right now, I'm independent. I'm a free thinker because I'm not rolling with having dependents are doing I mean like the Democrats are doing. I was pighly offended that he attacked personally attacks Stacey air Rooms because of the great work that she does. Anybody that's outshining him bothers him. So it's going to be a problem. But he did introduce now he said something last night doing this doing this speech that I was like, okay, so y'all missed this whole thing that he said he was only working with elected officials. But then he introduced Elon Musk as head of DOGE. Who voted for Elon Musk? What what campaign did he run in William Body? Because then what it's words the president said he was only working with elected officials. It won't be no more unfairness. But then he introduced Elon must as head of DOGE and I don't remember him having a campaign. I don't remember him having an election. I just remember him being appointed that position from Donald Trump.
Speaker 1: No, I think you're exactly right. And he was up in the gallery and something else that I thought was just distasteful as he used all he brought all of these people in, who, honest to God, must have been hungry for some sort of attention. And that poor little baby that had had whatever the cancer is that they had, and that father holding them up. I wanted to punch him in the throat. He's and they're all waving at him and like oh hey, and uh, and I'm thinking, what what do you do?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 1: Who camera see? Not one of these subjects that you're talking about with these people means anything like it. I don't get it. I don't get the other of that. It made me sit. Everybody keep saying it was one hundred minutes. I was stuck at at my table for two solid hours. He didn't end until after eleven, and maybe he was a little late, but I had to watch his fat ass go by in the in the limousine please, and his wife, and oh please, I kind of liked de roth. Though I will say she's looking a little better. She's gonna tease her hair or something. Something's going on her hair.
Speaker 4: Okay, I'm now that we're gonna disagree, so but be done that lady, be stamped. Every time I like her hair is looking you know what it is.
Speaker 1: You hit fifty and then all of a sudden, you kind of lose a little bloom in your hair, like it becomes finer and it doesn't have as much, you know, kind of umped. So they got to I don't know, she needs a little They're gonna I don't know. I'm a nineties girl, so I want a little I want a little hype.
Speaker 4: You need some volume.
Speaker 1: She has no volume.
Speaker 4: She's she is.
Speaker 1: She used to have volume, but she's been robbed. But I thought she looked great. She actually smiled. I was a little shocked. I liked a little, a little natural smile.
Speaker 4: Such a such a poor quality of watching. America so divided, and the Democrats, rightfully so did not stand up and applaud I personally, they should all stood up. I thought they should all have returned their back to him.
Speaker 1: He would have loved it. Though, see, he would have loved it and he would have fed off it by saying nothing. If they all had the face is do you know who who? I was shocked. The military, nobody was clapped, and nobody was doing anything. The Supreme Court. I don't believe Thomas went or short with the black hair. I can't think of her name. Oh my god, I can't. I'm having like a menopause moment. There were two of them. Did that didn't come and he did go over it and thank the Chief Justice. I don't know what the hell he was thanking him for because.
Speaker 4: He didn't vote for him for community, he said. He said he was thanking him for community.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, Well he didn't surprise he He's they did not vote Trump's way for the aid that's supposed to be paid out. They they said that they're going to go by the lower court whatever. The lower court court said that that's it. Uh, so you know, uh there is.
Speaker 4: Go ahead, no, no, no, you go about and finish your college.
Speaker 1: I was going to say, I think they really are going by the letter of a law. So if there's any wiggle room flame, maybe they can wiggle out of it.
Speaker 4: But if the if the.
Speaker 1: Law says and the Constitution says acts. They are standing by the Constitution. Now if just like the immunity for the for the president, or even the laws that Scotus has to follow themselves, if it wasn't put into the Constitution, and it wasn't the word on guide rails, then then they have wiggle room and they can they can give a give them immunity for acts that he does. That's for the country.
Speaker 4: I have great empathy for the military people who are identified as transgender and are being banned or kicked out or whatever. I watched the general speak today on TikTok I believe it was I can't remember his name, and he was like, it doesn't matter what you identify as, if you're fighting for your country. We we just want, you know, we need bodies. We need people to stand for us, for our He was like, when you're in that time, you don't care who saves your life, who pools you out, what they identify ads you just you know. And I thought it was like, if only everyone saw each other as human as that, we would even be here. But we have made such differences between race and identity and socialism and a size and age, and that is why we are so separated, because we won't just come to guy and remember that we're just a human race. But listen, this is where we are. And after watching him speak last night, I was very glad that I did not vote for Donald Trump. And let me just say, I was very glad that I did not match. Now it did make a difference because he's still the president. But I'm with myself. I can look at the mirror and say, thank you, flaming my role or my other name, that you did not waste your vote because I saved myself from being able to say I was trying to be on a winning team, or I think he was gonna make real change. He is making change. He's making real change.
Speaker 1: He's making real change. Not in a positive fashion, but he's making real Chane and back to the trans in the military.
Speaker 4: Making real change. I'm in his purse.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Oh, he's making a lot. He's not making change, honey, He's making bazillions, and so is musk Off the backs of by all these deals that somehow aren't conflicts of interest. But the trans in the military, I'm with you, like it doesn't make a difference. I mean, what what are they doing, Like, how would you even know somebody was trans that they're whipping out a bedazzler and doing their cholera Like, who cares? As long as everybody's in the camouflage and you're does it really make a difference. You're not asking, I say, you're not recruiting, you know, one way or the other. I'm not saying to come over to me. I am heterosexual and you're not. Sexuality has nothing to do with it or how you identify it. I just don't get it. It's you're a soldier, and that's that circumstance. It's sort of like the police. They're blue. Their blood is blue. It's not black, it's not white, it's blue. They all identify as as a group. Same with the military or all just soldiers. They got green. So I don't understand what the big deal is if you're willing to fight and put your life for mine, God bless you.
Speaker 4: But you know, this takes me to the reference of my favorite, favorite, favorite, favorite favorite episode of all in the Family. Archie gave the character of Beverly Lassall, who was a drag queen to transvestor at that time in the seventies, wrapped the mount for suscitation. So here's the vice versa. If Archie was dying and the Beverly or a trans woman or a drag queen or whatever you it was something that you were completely against, was there and that was the only person that could give you mouth to mouth resuscitation to save your life. Would you care? That's the question. Would you have to ask yourself? Would you care? Now, let me tell you something. If your breathtak, let me die, just let me go straight out.
Speaker 1: I don't think art you would have minded, well, not not minded. I think you would have taken it. But he might have given him one of these.
Speaker 4: But you know, and that's how you have to look. Get us in there because you never know what situation life is going to throw at you and where you will be. So if you about, you know, and they have some of the superhead row, I mean heavy on the head of row. Sexual man out here who just so that's not they get down. They don't hate gay or whatever, but it's just not for them. But you know, they have to ask himself, would I be willing to die? Or if I was next to this person in the elevator and nobody could be we were suck and I was dying stuffing. If they gave me mouth to mouth and save me. Because you got a wife and kids, you're gonna get home too. The scariest part, Bobby, is you be afraid that the person would live and then be like, uh, you kiss me and they retaliate and do something crazy. That is the kind of situation we live in right now.
Speaker 1: Well that's what we're being set up. I don't know if we're actually living in it, but I know that that's what he's setting us up for. You know, it's more division everything he's trying to do. It's how everybody says that he does business. I haven't paid attention to him enough because he had so many bankruptcies. I wasn't thinking he was the best sal know businessman in the world. But you know clearly that's how he likes the mayhem and then he tries to come in for the kill or for whatever. God bless him and God bless you. All I can say is if the Democrats can can pick a message, clean it up, if it could be more like this this young woman last night, Alyssa Slockin. You know, I think we might we might get a little ware we might walk right on in to the midterms, which would be terrific.
Speaker 4: Well, you know, whatever is going to happen, we're gonna be right here in America. We're gonna be right here on a laugh and learn reporting to you. Thank you to our producer Howard Lady, don't please like share and subscribe, laugh and learn to people that you know, because we are coming up on episode number forty. But yeah, this is thirty nine, thirty nine today my age, oh my god, and we listen. We can only do this with you guys. The Black Effect three year anniversaries come up in Atlanta, LA later this month. Is it this month and next month?
Speaker 1: I believe it's in April.
Speaker 4: April twenty and go to the Black Effect Network website to find out all the days when you purchase tickets and all the people that will be there. It's going to be a great event. Charlotmagne will be there and so so many others from Black Effect will be there. I will be with Tiffany I'm on tour with Tiffany Haddis. Go to Tiffany Haadis dot com for ticket information and will before I even hit next week, I'm gonna be on with you guys, because next weekend we will be in Tennessee, in Knottsville and in Chattanooga, and then later in the month we have the Carolinas. But right now I'm right here with you guys. Please like, share, subscribe to all my social media that's Flayed Monroe and Monroe Flame on Instagram. We still do coffee time in the morning where we come and report what we report and where can we follow you at missus Clifford.
Speaker 1: Oh I am I'm sorry past my bedtime.
Speaker 4: I am way to sleep, don't she what?
Speaker 1: Clifford Bobby on Instagram, Bobby Clifford on Facebook and.
Speaker 6: TikTok, and you can also hit Bobby at Laugh a Learned podcast Forget she forgets that every week. You can hit Bobby every week and Laugh and Learn podcast on Instagram if you have questions ideas, subjects, titles, or if you want to just say something horror about me.
Speaker 4: But y'all will be sending Bobby on nasty videos because y'all know she anyway.
Speaker 1: You wish, I want to pump my eyes out. I cannot see what I say anyway.
Speaker 4: Here at laugh alone, we want you to understand that we're not trying to get you to change your mind. The motto is the same, we were not. We are not trying to get you to change your mind. We are only trying to get you to use your mind. Because why, Bobby, Because.
Speaker 1: Of mind and a vote are a terrible thing to waste.
Speaker 4: And I'm telling you, as American citizens, we ain't got no time to waste. We got to find us a care it that we think is strong and concise and gonna help it. He says, Welcome back to America. He bring America back. America is so far away from what America is supposed to represent, which is a melting pot of all different types of people coming from everywhere to come together and live as a society. What America he talking about? All the one that's living in his man that y'all put him in a position to create. I'm telling you right now, it's scary and it's sketchy, but we're gonna keep you posting right here on Laugh and Learn. Thank you guys, like Share, subscribe, follow us on Black Effect, iHeart YouTube, Netflix, wherever you listen Amazon, wherever you listen to your podcasts at you can hear me and this white woman right here giving it to you. Don't miss an episode of Laugh and Learn.
Speaker 3: Listen and subscribe on the Black Effect Podcast Network, Alheart Radio, app or wherever you get your podcasts. Laugh and Learned Podcast is a production of the Black Effect Podcast Network and iHeartRadio. Our ejective producer is Tippany Hattis. Our theme music is by the one and only Chrissy Payne. Thank you guys, this is Flaming Row. Don't forget to laugh. Listen and Learn