Speaker 1: It's mediat Podcast. Welcome to Meet Eater Trivia, the only game show where conservation always wins. I'm your host, Spencer Newhart, and today we're joined by Brody Henderson, Seth Morris, Randall Williams, Tresa Croker, Chester, Floyd, Colin Fopma, Cordy Culkins, and Alyssa Smith. This is a ten round quiz show for Meat Eater's four verticals, which are hunting, fishing, conservation and cooking, and there is a prize. Meat Eater will donate five hundred dollars to the conservation organization of the winners choosing and each week here on Trivia we reveal a new stat for the stat of the Week. This week, we're looking at listener questions in the Meat Eater Trivia board game, which comes out this fall. Of the eight hundred questions in the game, two hundred and thirty five were sent by listeners. That means you, the fans, contributed to nearly thirty of the game. Now, I didn't have a chance to email all two hundred and thirty five of you whose questions were chosen, So here's what I'm going to do instead. Around the time that the board game comes out. I'll post an article on the medeater dot com that lists every person's name who had a question in the game, And just like on the show, you are credited in the board game for sending that great question. Now here's an example. Cordy Culkins has in his hand a card from the game. Cory, go ahead and read question one thirty eight for me, and after you give the room a chance to answer, flip over to reveal the correct answer.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 3: Also known as a bell or a beard, this word describes the flap of skin that means from a moose's chin.
Speaker 1: It's not moose. What other guesses read it again for us? Corey?
Speaker 3: Also known as a bell or a beard, This word describes the flap of skin that hangs from a moose's china.
Speaker 1: That's not it either. I don't know any other guests.
Speaker 4: I thought I was a bell.
Speaker 1: All right, Go ahead and dude, flip over the card Corey, what's known as a do lap? That's right? And what does it say below? The answer.
Speaker 4: Has my name on it, it does have his.
Speaker 5: Name on it.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm talking about. So if you sent in, if you were one of the two hundred and thirty five people. Your card in the game has your name on it, just like this one has Corey's name on it. Corey sent me that question. It was good enough to make it in the board game. You got Randall.
Speaker 5: Well, I was just gonna say now, Corey's question is ruined for faithful listeners.
Speaker 1: There's one question ruined. That's right, But his name is on the card. How does that feel, Corey? See your name there in the big bright lights of the Meat Eater Trivia board game.
Speaker 3: I feel like I hit the big time spencer.
Speaker 1: You did. Meat Eatter Trivia, The only board game where conservation always wins, comes out this fall.
Speaker 2: If I was to send you a question as soon as we're done here, is it too late?
Speaker 1: Too late? The board game is being made right now in some factory and will be in our Meat Eater store very soon.
Speaker 2: Cool.
Speaker 1: Here's our zero percenter question of the week, which tests how much knowledge players have retained from previous shows. Corey's question is now going to be a zero percenter for us. This question was from episode three forty seven. The topic was wildlife, and nobody got it right. Name one of the four states that lists the black Bear as an official state mammal.
Speaker 4: South Carolina No, No, Wisconsin.
Speaker 2: No, Florida, no, Mississippi.
Speaker 1: Keep going, you get there eventually, saw Georgia. No, New Jersey, No, no New York, No.
Speaker 4: Some of them.
Speaker 2: States.
Speaker 4: Keep going.
Speaker 1: Alaska, No, We're gonna sit here all day till wintery gets one of the four.
Speaker 5: No, Arma, New Hampshire, Connectic's.
Speaker 1: Still at Arkansasaba, New Mexico, Okay, Chester got one. Alabama is a correct answer. The other three states are Louisiana, New Mexico, and West Virginia. The incorrect answers given in that game were Kentucky, Maine, Wyoming, North Carolina, Vermont, Pennsylvania, and Oregon. Still a tough question, We have some housekeeping to get to. Over the history of meat eater trivia, I've read a lot of Boone and Crockett and Pope and Young scores. An example would be that the world record black bears scored twenty three and ten sixteenths, or that the world record pronghorn is ninety six and four eights. This has inspired a lot of listeners to write in saying that I need to reduce those numbers to the lowest common denominator. But that is incorrect. The Boone and Crocket record book lists their scores to either a sixteenth of an inch or for lower scoring animals like bears or cougars, or to an eighth of an inch for higher scoring animals like deer or elk. This is so that there's no mental math involved when comparing animal scores, like if three fourths is bigger than thirteen sixteenths for example. Now, I understand why this might sound like nails on a chalkboard to some folks, but it's actually designed to make it easier to communicate these numbers. Now, the Shelby index for today's round is a three and eight sixteenths, so our winner should get seven correct answers.
Speaker 4: You know, people are real into that Boone and Crocket scoring. They never leave the fraction off the end.
Speaker 1: Yeah, why would you you every?
Speaker 4: What that loocky shots? What are you scoring?
Speaker 1: Well, he's right here on my arm, Brody. He was one sixty six and four eights and a half. And with that we're on to the game of trivia. Played the drop, Phil, Look, I need to know what I stand and win everything?
Speaker 5: How's that ten?
Speaker 1: Win everything? Gamon suckers? Thank you Phil. Question one The topic is woodsmanship, and this will be multiple choice. Which of these animals kills the most humans worldwide each year? Is it scorpions, elephants, crocodiles, or dogs. Which of these animals kills the most people worldwide each year? Your four choices are scorpions, elephants, crocodiles, dogs. We have a pretty confident room. Brody, do you have this one right?
Speaker 4: I'm feeling good.
Speaker 1: Seth, you also seem confident. Do you have this one right?
Speaker 2: I'm feeling good as well?
Speaker 1: Scorpions, elephants, crocodiles or dogs? Is everybody ready?
Speaker 5: Doctor?
Speaker 4: Can I give everyone a hint?
Speaker 1: Go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Set saying dogs, Tresa saying crocs, Chester and Colin saying dogs, Alyssa saying crocodiles, Randall saying dogs, Cordy saying elephants, Brody saying dogs. The correct answer is dogs. The room did pretty well. What's your hand, Brody? What do you got?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 4: No, I was just gonna say that the critter that kills the most people is not on that list.
Speaker 1: It is not on that list. Indeed, that would be a mosquito. It's estimated that dogs kill between twenty five thousand and thirty five thousand humans each year. Scorpions kill about three thousand people, Crocodiles kill about one thousand people, and elephants kill about one hundred people. About forty Americans die from fatal dog attacks annually, with most victims either being very young or very old. Question two. The topic is conservation. This next great question comes to his via Terence Kane. If you have a question you think is right for Meat Eater Trivia, you can send it to Trivia at the medeater dot com. The Federal Aid in Wildlife Restoration Act of nineteen thirty seven is better known by this name. Again, the topic is conservation. The Federal Aid in Wildlife Restoration Act of nineteen thirty seven is better known by this name. A stumped room. A few folks think they have it, everyone else is yet to get to their whiteboard. Has anyone had any scary encounters with dogs in their day?
Speaker 4: I've have been a couple times.
Speaker 1: What dogs? Well, can you specific.
Speaker 4: My neighbor's with some white husky looking thing broke up a dog fight. That's like always a stupid thing to do. Yeah, put a whole right right through the hand.
Speaker 1: Did you have to seek some medical Attah?
Speaker 4: Yeah. When they gave me the shot, the needle went all the way through my hand.
Speaker 1: Like out the other side. Was that an accident?
Speaker 4: She stuck it in the hole the Toothmaide.
Speaker 1: Oh Trusty, you said you had your face about taking off by a dog.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I was an elementary school and a Coffer Spaniel like Charmed.
Speaker 1: My whole face was sworn for like two weeks straight. Oh, no, she got some scars.
Speaker 4: Do you have some PTSD from that?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: I love dogs. Here's the question again, the Federal Aid and Wildlife Restoration Act of nineteen thirty seven. He's better known by this name. Does everybody have an answer? Corey, yep?
Speaker 4: Was this a throwing doctor? Randall at bone?
Speaker 1: Here, go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Seth saying Pittman Robertson, trust it without an answer. Chess, you're saying Endangered Species Act. Colin saying Pittman Robertson. Alyssa saying National Park Service, Randall saying Pittman Robertson. Cordy without an answer, Brody saying Pittman Robertson, he got it. The correct answer is Pittman Robertson Act. The Act provides funding for wildlife habitat and wildlife research. It was amended in nineteen seventy to include funding for hunter education programs and target ranges. The Act is commonly referred to by the names of its sponsors, who were Nevada Senator Key Pittman and Virginia Congressman Absalom Robertson, Brody or excuse me, Randall, what have you known? The opposite way of wording that question is what is the official name of the Pittman Robertson Act.
Speaker 7: Yes, but the real question would be can you name the first names of Pittman and or roberts Nobody would get that right, Absalom, I think would have been far far down.
Speaker 1: I don't even know if I'm saying that right. Absa Lamb, I think you got it absolutely. Question three, the topic is fishing. After this angler won the two thousand and three bass Master Classic, a Chicago Sun Times reporter referred to him as quote the bad boy of bass fishing. After this angler won the two thousand and three bass Master Classic, a Chicago Sun Times reporter referred to him as quote, the bad boy of bass fishing, Brody, you can't tell if you are happy with you.
Speaker 4: I know I want it to be, but I just can't say a lot.
Speaker 1: Seth, Do you have this one right as the competitive fishing guru in the room.
Speaker 2: No, well maybe your board educated guest.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I have an answer, not super confident.
Speaker 1: How about you, Corey? Do you have an answer?
Speaker 3: I do, but it's probably wrong.
Speaker 5: Makes me nervous, and Brody does the face behind the board.
Speaker 1: Here's the question again. After this angler won the two thousand and three bass Master Classic, a Chicago Sun Times reporter referred to him as the bad boy of bass fishing. Is everybody ready, yes, go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Seth saying kvd Tresa without an answer, Chester saying Kevin van Dam, Colin saying Kevin van dam Alyssa without an answer, Randall saying Mike Ikinelly, Corey saying Bill Dance. Brody saying, Mike Ikinnelly. We have a correct dancer in the room. It's Mike Ikanelly.
Speaker 4: Well done, Randall.
Speaker 2: That was my second guest.
Speaker 5: Likewise, brother, just.
Speaker 4: It wasn't sure how old that dude was, you know us twenty years ago?
Speaker 1: Mike Andelly burst onto the scene after winning the Super Bowl of Bass Fishing on the Louisiana Delta in two thousand and three. He was known for his outbursts in moments of triumph and misery, which viewers referred to as going Ike. He holds the record for the most consecutive bass Master Classic appearances, qualifying for the event every year between two thousand and two and twenty nineteen.
Speaker 4: Brodie Randall, you guys.
Speaker 1: Are just too smart. I think I think you guys should just not be allowed in here.
Speaker 5: I think we're older. I think that's kind of a dated reference.
Speaker 4: Well, he's still around, He's still.
Speaker 1: Still, he still fishes. It's right and seth over here is a competitive fisherman from Pennsylvania. I think he grew up in Jersey slash South Philly.
Speaker 4: Make sure you're not dabbling in agism over.
Speaker 1: You're smart.
Speaker 2: I almost put Ike and Ellie, but Kevin van Dam just retired, and I thought you're gonna have like a tidbit about that.
Speaker 4: He was tired. How old is he? It's not that old.
Speaker 2: I don't know, but yeah, he just had his last tournament.
Speaker 1: I think Ike is forty five. KBD can't be more than a decade older than that. I would guess he's just done. Question four. The topic is cooking. This is our listener question of the week, which was won by Alex van den Brink for sending this great question. Alex is going to get a book signed by Steve. What German word roughly translates to cutlet in English? Again, the topic is cooking. What German word roughly translates to cutlet in English? Colin Randall and Brody looking confident, not so much? Who in here has some German roots? Alyssa? A lot of pressure on you, Alyssa, no one else that's it?
Speaker 4: Oh, I'm sure everyone's got a little.
Speaker 5: Yeah, scoch.
Speaker 1: What German word roughly translates to cutlet in English? Randall? You you have this one right?
Speaker 5: You know? I don't know. I don't know. I feel like I should know it.
Speaker 1: Brody looks confident. Now, if you're watching this episode on YouTube, you actually get to see the board game here in front of me. It's got the box that the whole thing comes in, as well as this tin carrying case which will fit the cards, whiteboards, markers that you can fit in your glove box of your pickup, throw it in your boat.
Speaker 4: Next time. You gotta make that thing waterproof so it floats and sealed.
Speaker 1: Okay, we'll get package. Thank you, Chester. It does. Look, here's a question again. What German word roughly translates to cutlet in English. Is everybody who's going to come up with an answer, have an answer? Chester, You forget about your answer? Not really? Okay, I think it's German, though, Okay, it's everybody ready.
Speaker 5: Has been to Germany twice.
Speaker 3: Really speak pretty fluent German.
Speaker 1: He's gonna beet really, go ahead and reveal your answers. We have seth without an answer. Tressis saying donka. Chester saying what's that?
Speaker 2: Say?
Speaker 1: Chester, I can't see it. Snitzel, Colin say, Colin saying schnitzel, Alyssa without an answer, Randall saying schnitzel Corey without an answer, Brody saying schnitzel. The correct answer is schnitzel. Will give it to Chester, even though hEDS I have a hard time with spelling some things because of just how I talk, just how we talk over there in Wisconsin. Schnitzel is a dish that uses a very thin, boneless cut of meat. Despite its name. Some sources say it originated from Austria. If you want to learn how to cook schnitzel, then go to the meat eater dot com and read Justin Townsend's recipe for rabbit schnitzel or Stephen Ranella's recipe for turkey schnitzel. Both recipes have perfect five star ratings. Question five, The topic is hunting which migratory bird flyway crosses places like Memphis, the Driftless Region and Lake Winnipeg. The topic is hunting which migratory bird flyway crosses places like Memphis, the Driftless Region and Lake Winnipeg. The room has been quick to answer. See if they get it right. Everyone looks pretty confident.
Speaker 4: You need to tell me.
Speaker 1: You need to tell me which flyway crosses places like Memphis, the Driftless Region and Lake Winnipeg.
Speaker 2: I'm not confident either.
Speaker 1: Great fishing in the Driftless area and big green back walleyes on Lake Winnipeg. It's not gonna help you with this question, though, chess here.
Speaker 5: Non to watch basketball?
Speaker 4: How many flyways are there?
Speaker 1: Not going to help you? There is? Everybody ready?
Speaker 5: What did you have?
Speaker 1: Randall about a fight?
Speaker 5: The grizzlies.
Speaker 7: As long as we're just naming things that we appreciate about these individual areas.
Speaker 1: Waterfowl, barbecue, that's that's good. That's cool. Doug Duran, he's fun.
Speaker 4: I feel like I could be really screwing things up with Randall here.
Speaker 1: It's everybody ready, go ahead and reveal your answers. We have set saying Mississippi. Tresta's saying Central Chester saying Central Colin saying Mississippi, Alyssa saying Pacific, Randall saying Mississippi, Cordy saying Mississippi, Brodie saying Mississippi. The correct answer is the Mississippi Flyway did pretty well. The Mississippi Flyway includes about fourteen states and three provinces. The route stretches from the Gulf of Mexico to the Arctic Ocean, crossing over notable water bodies like the Mississippi River, Missouri River, Great Lakes, and Hudson Bay. It's estimated that forty percent of the continents migrating waterfowl and shore birds use this route. Phil, we are halfway through the game of trivia. Give us a scoreboard update. I think I know who our leaders are.
Speaker 2: Oh do yeah?
Speaker 8: Well, let's start from the bottom. We've got Alyssa and Tresa zero points apiece. Corey Culkins has one, Chester has two, Seth has three, Colin has four and tied up in first place with perfect games for each of them. We've got Brody Anderson and Randall Williams by trading punches.
Speaker 2: This is a tough seat. I'll say that.
Speaker 1: Corey is nestled in between Brody and Randall.
Speaker 4: Project for cheating, you shoul get your peripheral vision.
Speaker 1: Question six. The topic is camping. This franchise, which was founded in Montana, claims to have the most private campgrounds in the world. And the topic is camping. This franchise, which was founded in Montana, claims to have the most private campgrounds in the world. Confident Brody and Randall, this doesn't seem like it will break their tie. A few other folks in the room look like they have it as well. Brody, do you know this answer?
Speaker 4: I'll be mad if I get it wrong.
Speaker 1: Did you know that they started in my not?
Speaker 5: Did not know that?
Speaker 1: It's everybody ready, go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Seth saying koa, Tresa saying koa. The entire room, says KOA, they got it. The correct answer is k A. KOA stands for Campgrounds of America, with the word campgrounds being spelled with a K instead of a C. The business was founded in nineteen sixty two, with its first campground opening on the Yellowstone River near Billings, Montana. Today, the franchise has more than five hundred locations spread across the United States and Canada.
Speaker 4: I like a good KOA the last time you, says, like camping at a hotel.
Speaker 1: When's the last time you stayed at a KOA last summer?
Speaker 4: Or no last fall? During ALP season, Miles City KOA highly recommended.
Speaker 1: Okay, what did you like about? I don't love them. It feels like like tailgating or something I'd rather not don't some of them have pools?
Speaker 2: I'm pretty well.
Speaker 4: There's like different like levels of KOA. Hey, there's like the posh ones and then like.
Speaker 1: The posh one explaining what a posh one looks like.
Speaker 4: Pools, cools that, Oh yeah, a little convenience store next to everything, Yeah, anything you could need?
Speaker 1: Yeah, kways five one Mile City isn't like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, gonna say the Mile City one strikes me as one, it would not have a pool marking a.
Speaker 1: Lot of Question seven. The topic is fishing. This next great question comes to us via Charlie McDonald. If you have a question you think is right for Meat Eater Trivia, you can send it to trivia at the medeater dot com. This is a visual question. Phil is going to play you fifteen seconds of a commercial from nineteen ninety four. You need to tell me what as scene on TV lure. This was promoting Take It Away, Phil.
Speaker 6: It's movement and colors grab the fish's attention. It's sound and sent triggered the strike. There's actually four lures and one it's a buzz bait, it's a spinner bait, it's a deep water jig. Plus it's a weedless plastic worm, so you can fish it in any kind of cover.
Speaker 1: That is your hint.
Speaker 2: I've never seen it before.
Speaker 1: What was your hint that that commercial was your hint? You need to tell me what ass scene non TV lure that was promoting. The commercial was from nineteen ninety four, Phil, Can you play it one more time?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 5: Yeah, please help.
Speaker 1: You seem to be stumped.
Speaker 2: That thing won't catch fish.
Speaker 6: What did you have a year attached this thing nineteen at its sound and said, friggered the strike. It's actually four this one. It's a buzz bait. It's a spinner bait. It's a deep water jake. It's a weedless plastic worm. So you can fish it in any kind of cover.
Speaker 1: Now, if you want to see what the room is seeing, you can watch this episode on YouTube. Phil was not bleeping out a bad word there. That was the name of the lure that the commercial mention, I.
Speaker 2: Want to call that number.
Speaker 1: I was should try that.
Speaker 5: I was so hoping it was the banjo vir mino.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's first thing in my head was like, here comes a banjo.
Speaker 1: Again. The commercial was from nineteen ninety four. You need to tell me what lure that was promoting. The banjo meno has been an answer on a previous game, so I don't think it's going.
Speaker 6: To be that.
Speaker 1: Never know, did that look familiar to anybody.
Speaker 6: In this room?
Speaker 1: No, never seen it in my life, never seen it in his life. This may break two perfect games up between Randall and Brody Colin. I think is also still on their tails. Maybe he could join them here if they get it wrong and he gets it right.
Speaker 2: I was born in ninety four, so I have no chance I'm going to get this one.
Speaker 1: It is everybody who's going to come up with an answer, have an answer now, Randall, tell me about your logic for this answer. It's just a guess. You think you know some lures from that decade.
Speaker 7: Oh, I'm I'm making it if I'm describing what I'm saying on the screen.
Speaker 1: Brody, where's your answer coming from? No, it's like, yeah, okay, everybody ready.
Speaker 7: I was wondering if the phone number was like some sort of code, I could just Da Vinci code myself out of this mess.
Speaker 1: Go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Set saying the spinner tube. Tress is saying the rotating minnow. Chester, you're saying the chopper worm. I love that chopper, but that should be a lure. Colin saying the twistytail, Alyssa saying the green machine. Randall's saying helicopter. Cordy saying drop a prop. Jody's saying propeller plus great propeller plug. The correct answer is there a correct answer in the room. The correct answer is the helicopter lure.
Speaker 4: It Oh that feels good now, I'll have you.
Speaker 1: Know that doesn't look anything like a helicopter. So somewhere in your brain, Randall must does know I was.
Speaker 7: Either going to guess the four and one lure or the helicopter because it's spinning.
Speaker 5: It does love helicopters in the early Chopper.
Speaker 1: Chopper from Okay, Well John as a helicopter. Although the helicopter Lure is no longer in production, you can still buy a four pack on eBay for fifteen dollars. In case you need to be convinced. Here's that commercial in its entirety. Take it away.
Speaker 5: Let's hear him say, helicopter.
Speaker 1: Oh what.
Speaker 2: The spencer?
Speaker 1: I'm sorry? So the link, the link is right there in the dock. Is it too late for you to click on it and play it?
Speaker 6: Or no?
Speaker 1: No, no, I okay, We're going to give Phil a second. Randall feels relieved he has separated himself from Brody. With three questions left.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, with a guess a lot of pressure, Randall the helicopter.
Speaker 6: Held onto the perfect game too, introducing Roland Martin's revolutionary new helicopter Lure. Its movement and colors grab the fish's attention. It's sound and sent trigger the strike. The helicopter lure is actually four lures in one. It's a buzz bait, it's a spinner bait, it's a deep water jig. Plus it's a weedless plastic worm, so you can fish it in any kind of cover. Call now and you'll receive thirty patented helicopter lures with Doctor Juice's helicopter.
Speaker 4: Cent Doctor Juice helicopters.
Speaker 6: Being swivels and five hideaway weights. Plus will include the helicopter lure, utility box and roland markings. How to cast and catch with the HELICOPTERUS order your helicopter.
Speaker 1: I don't know about inventing. Put his name on?
Speaker 5: What was the doctor?
Speaker 1: The doctor Doctor Juice impregnates the helicopter when we come a fishing lure, please do something like this.
Speaker 4: That's not one of rolling Martins.
Speaker 2: No, he did better things than that.
Speaker 1: And well, whatever that lure is chester, what did you what was your name that you had the chopper? That's great. I can't believe that doesn't already exist. Question eight the topic is cooking. Merriam Webster defines this South American appetizer as quote, a dish made of raw fish marinated in lime or lemon juice, often with oil, onions, peppers, and seasonings.
Speaker 4: Come on, Spencer, you can do better than that, counts.
Speaker 1: Brody needs a question that is going to trip up Randall.
Speaker 5: This is like an offspeed pitch. You just threw some some heat with that last one.
Speaker 1: Uh huh, and now you're yeah agetting. The topic is cooking. Merriam Webster defines this South American appetizer as quote a dish made of raw fish marinated in lime or lemon juice, often with oil, onions, peppers, and seasonings. Is everybody going to get this one right? No? No, okay, no, these cooking questions get me.
Speaker 2: Certainly not gonna spell it right.
Speaker 1: That's a hint.
Speaker 3: What was the Shelby index three and a half.
Speaker 1: Three and eight sixteens.
Speaker 3: My goal is to beat her. Okay, it has never happened.
Speaker 1: She's too smart. Is everybody ready? Everyone has an answer? Is going to come up with an answer? Go ahead and reveal your answers. We have set saying Savice, Tressa saying Savice, Chester saying Savice, Colin without an answer, Alyssa, Randall, Cory and Brody all saying Savice. They got it, and everyone I think spelled it different. The correct answer was savice. Savice was invented about two thousand years ago in Peru and Ecuador. The first versions of the dish used fermented juice from banana passion fruit. If you want to learn how to make a modern American version, then go to the medeater dot com and check out Dan el Pruit's recipe for tex mex savice. Phil We have two questions left. Where does the scoreboard stand?
Speaker 8: We have to say goodbye to Tresa Seth, Cory Colin Chester and Alyssa.
Speaker 2: And hey, what do you know?
Speaker 8: It's down to Brody and Randall. Brody has seven points and Randall's in first place with eight.
Speaker 1: Question nine, damn not Roland Martin. The topic is conservation, doctor jus. This next right question comes to is via Ryan Mahanna. If you have a question you think is right for meat Eater trivia, you can send it to trivia at the medeater dot com. Who is the only person that has a national park named after them? Again, the topic is conservation. Who is the only person that has a national park named after them? Randal? Is this going to keep the perfect game going?
Speaker 5: It should. Okay, it should barring any surprises here, I don't know.
Speaker 1: The rest of the room looks pretty confident. If you can get this one right, Randall and Brody can get it wrong, you will have wrapped up the victory. At that point, you will just be playing against yourself for the perfect game, which would be the first perfect game of twenty twenty three. Again, here's a question. Sure, who is the only person that has a national park named after them? Is everybody ready? Nope? Brody, how confident are you in your ends?
Speaker 5: Not?
Speaker 4: Extremely? Not confident enough?
Speaker 1: Cory, You're going to come up with one. Who is the only person that has a national park named after them?
Speaker 5: Chester?
Speaker 1: Are you ready? No? I am, Seth. Go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Seth saying Custer. Tressis saying Acadia, Chester saying Daniel Boone, Colin saying Teddy Roosevelt, Alyssa saying Teddy Roosevelt, Randall saying Teddy Roosevelt. Cordy's saying Brian Glacier, Brody's saying Teddy Roosevelt. The correct answer is Teddy Roosevelt. The room did pretty well, That's what I say. I erased it yeah. The Theodore Roosevelt National Park is located in western North Dakota. Teddy fell in love with the area when he hunted bison there in eighteen eighty three. A few months later, he bought a ranch near Medora and moved there after the death of his wife and mother. Part of the National Park encompasses Teddy's original cattle ranch question ten. It is down to Randall and Brody. Brody would need to get this right. Randall would need to get it wrong to go to a tiebreaker, or Randall could get it right, giving him perfect game.
Speaker 5: I have to say one of those outcomes would just ruin my day. That would make it.
Speaker 1: The topic is hunting. Name four of the seven states that have a desert big horn sheep entry in the Boone and Crockett record Book. Name four of the seven states that have a desert big horn sheep entry in the Boone and Crockett record Book. A lot of thinking going on, Randal. How many answers do you have down right? Now?
Speaker 5: Got three?
Speaker 1: And you feel good about those three? I do? Okay, see what you can come up with for a fourth? Again, you need to name four of the seven states that have a Desert Big horn Sheep entry in the Boone and crocket Record Book. If Randal were to pitch the perfect game getting all ten questions right, that would double our donation to one thousand dollars instead of five hundred dollars.
Speaker 5: So there's seven states.
Speaker 1: Seven states that have an entry in the Boone and Crockett Record Book for the Desert Big Horned Sheep. Oh, you need to name four of them.
Speaker 5: I feel better.
Speaker 1: Then it's everybody ready. Everyone has four answers down, Go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Sat saying Nevada, Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, Tresa saying Wyoming, Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Chester saying California, New Mexico, Nevada, Arizona, Colin saying Arizona, New Mexico, California, Nevada saying Utah, Arizona, Nevada, Colorado, Randall saying Nevada, Arizona, California, Oregon, Corey saying Arizona, New Mexico, California, Nevada, Brody's saying Arizona, Colorado, New Mexico, Nevada. These seven states are Arizona, Nevada, California, New Mexico, Texas, Utah, and Colorado random got it wrong?
Speaker 2: Brody, did you.
Speaker 1: Get it right? We are going to overtime these two players having nine correct answers. Now, Randa Walke is through. What happened there on that answer?
Speaker 4: Oregon happened?
Speaker 7: I yeah, I overthought it. I know Oregon's got deserts. They've got They're right across the border from Nevada.
Speaker 1: They thought you got it wrapped up.
Speaker 4: I did too.
Speaker 5: I'm I can feel my face changing colors. I know the YouTube audience will say something. I just feel I don't want to be anymore. I just don't want to be a chance.
Speaker 1: I saw Oregon and I tried to hold my poker face. I didn't know if the wait yeah.
Speaker 4: So, as Steve would say, Randall, well, I can't say yet.
Speaker 1: Arizona leads the country with four hundred and twenty desert big Horn Sheep entries in the Boone and Crockett record book. That's followed by Nevada with three point fifty two, California with seventy four, New Mexico with fifty one, Texas with forty seven, Utah with twenty four, and Colorado with eight. The world record Desert bighorn was killed by an unknown Native American in nineteen forty on Mexico's Baja Peninsula. The hunter was only there for meat and left the skull laying at the kill site, which the rancher owner, which the ranch owner later picked up and had scored. We're going to overtime play the drop Phil type break.
Speaker 8: I think just cut it at if you at first your last and then like going to other stuff.
Speaker 1: It's funny.
Speaker 5: I never liked it a Phil goff Man.
Speaker 1: Oh, the drama. I was cheering for the perfect game there, Randall. I tried to remain and I appreciate that I wanted it to happen.
Speaker 4: It's hard not to cheer for one thousand bucks versus five hundred.
Speaker 1: You know, here is the tie breaking topic. It is conservation.
Speaker 4: What day?
Speaker 1: Excuse me? What was the date for National Arbor Day in twenty twenty three. This is a numerical question, so whoever is the closest between Brody and Randall will be declared the winner. The rest of the players will also write down an answer, though, because if they can hit it right on the nose, we will add an extra one hundred dollars donation to the end of the game. So here's the question again, what was the date for National Arbor Day in twenty twenty three? What do you got? Randall seem to have a question.
Speaker 5: This is in the past tense, so it's Arbor Day has already happened.
Speaker 1: I'm not giving you any hints about this again. The topic is conservation looking for the date of National Arbor Day in twenty twenty three. Does anybody know the top of their head when National Arbor Day is? No, it's don't doubt. Don't want to help out our competitors, but you think you kind of know Chester. I mean, it's a guess, but maybe.
Speaker 2: Yes, same Herror, it's a guess. But maybe.
Speaker 1: What are we working on here? Phil?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 3: Just you know?
Speaker 2: Brody did bump the camera? H I'd say I put it in a very unfair position.
Speaker 1: Does everybody have an answer for the date of National Arbor Day in twenty twenty three? Brody? Are you ready?
Speaker 2: He's got the bored in front of his face.
Speaker 1: Brody, are you ready?
Speaker 4: I don't know, is Randall ready?
Speaker 1: Randall? Are you ready?
Speaker 2: Ohpense is killing?
Speaker 1: Brody would like to know.
Speaker 5: I don't care, Randall?
Speaker 1: Are you ready, I'm whatever, Brody, are you ready?
Speaker 2: Sure it is?
Speaker 1: Everybody ready, go ahead and reveal your answers. We have saying May twenty seven, Tresa is saying January three, Chester saying June eighth, Colin saying May fifteen, Alyssa saying April twenty, Corey saying June ten, and our two competitors left. We have Randall saying September one, Brody saying May one. The correct answer is April twenty eight, making Brody a winner. Well done, Brodie, within just a couple of days of the correct answer. Now, Randall, have you ever heard of National Arbor Day?
Speaker 5: Don't be don't be patronizing.
Speaker 1: Farmer Day is always held on the last Friday of April. The tree planting holiday has been around since eighteen seventy four. Brody, you knew it was in that neighborhood. How did you come up?
Speaker 4: I figured spring trees, leaves, you know, something.
Speaker 1: Like that, butterflies. Brody, it seemed like the game was over for you about five minutes, and here we.
Speaker 4: Ever give up. You know what, though, like I take great a great amount of satisfaction beating Steve, I feel bad, oh really, because Randall was just so.
Speaker 1: Happy it was one state away. It all came crumbling down.
Speaker 5: I just ruined everything everything I touched.
Speaker 1: Brody, what happens next is you get to choose where the five hundred dollars donate from meat Eater goes. What's it going to be?
Speaker 4: I'm gonna do? And if I get this backwards, I apologize. It's the Recreational Boating and Fishing Foundation, or it's the Recreational Fishing and Boating Foundation.
Speaker 1: What do we like about that?
Speaker 4: But they're like tied in with like take me Fishing dot org, so they like do education on boating and fishing and stuff like that. I've been doing a lot of fishing with my kids, so yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Brody was just declaring that he's not going to hunt much in September because it's still fishing seasons at the Henderson Home.
Speaker 4: I like the boat education part of that exactly.
Speaker 5: People need some education.
Speaker 1: I've noticed some posture change over here between Brody sitting a little more erect and Randall.
Speaker 4: In the eye. I can't slouch and look you in the eye.
Speaker 1: At the same time, Randall.
Speaker 2: Randall's boat started crying.
Speaker 6: I'm not sad.
Speaker 5: I just I'm I'm so angry at myself.
Speaker 4: What what like?
Speaker 1: How would have that gone differently for you? Was? Was Oregon a gimme like, oh yeah, that's for sure.
Speaker 5: No, that was the last question. That was my last thought.
Speaker 7: And I know that they transplanted a bunch of sheep there from Nevada and uh and just the wrong kind.
Speaker 1: There's some It's almost like you knew too much there because I would have Oregon help him. Chester.
Speaker 5: Yeah, great spin on it, Chester.
Speaker 4: I'm serious though, I was like desert all right, these states?
Speaker 7: You know what happens whenever I guess. My wife always knows when I play trivia and she sends me a text, she says, good look at trivia. And then I get home and she says, how is your day? And if I don't say I won trivia, she knows that I didn't win trivia.
Speaker 4: It's all half.
Speaker 5: I'm a desperate man.
Speaker 2: When I when I tell Kelsey that I'm doing trivia, she said, don't come home unless you win.
Speaker 1: Come home.
Speaker 2: I go home anyway, but I would spend a lot of time not at my home if that was.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's like a totally different mood in our house.
Speaker 7: The dogs you know, the dogs have like a sixth sense about what you're feeling, and the like the dogs avoid me.
Speaker 5: I just kind of go home and I sit in my chair and I stare at the wall. Just make everyone now, hey, no, no, I'm unable to move on. Move on. Yeah, this is what I do.
Speaker 1: And we don't play trivia again for like ten days, Randalls, I know, I think I was.
Speaker 7: So excited for today because we're supposed to play two and that gives you two swings at the ball, and it's like, if I can win one, then I go home and I say I won trivia, even though it's I lost one as well.
Speaker 1: But huh, good game to losing to Brodie.
Speaker 5: I'm losing the finger, the feelings and my fingers and toes.
Speaker 1: We better get out of here. Yeah, join us next time for more Meat Eater Trivia, the only game show where conservation always wins