Speaker 1: It's the Best Bits of the Week with Morgan. I just the bits.
Speaker 2: What's up everybody, and welcome to Best Bits Part two. If you're here, you're trying to get caught up on the Bobby Bones Show from this week, and I'm so happy that you've made it. If you do want to check out some more extra content, we've got part one, Part three this weekend with Amy. Part one we did a little recap of the crews, our thoughts, feelings, experiences, and part three we always answer our listener question, so check those out and if you just want to catch up on the show, let's get into it. A listener wrote into the show asking what is something people assume you're great at that you actually struggle with And you're gonna hear Bobby, Amy, Eddie Lunchbox all answered. Something that came to mind for me that's really funny is I feel like people would assume that I'm really good at directions or you know, getting to places, but I actually have to put everything in my GPS. I am very directionally challenged. Even if I've been there multiple times, sometimes I still have to put it in there. I go off of landmarks more than North South East West, so is a huge struggle with me.
Speaker 3: Now you're gonna hear the rest of the shows.
Speaker 1: Number seven it's the anonymous in body, anonymous inbar.
Speaker 4: There the question to be.
Speaker 5: A well man, Hello, Bobby Bones, what is something people assume that you're quite comfortable with but you actually struggle with? Signed b teamer in Boston. I'm gonna ask you guys this question too, So to come back around what is something people think I'm comfortable with? So number one is probably one. The entertainment industry is a fickle industry, and I feel like I've been spending twenty plus years building something that is pretty great, but that it could all be taken away and then I'm honestly all I've been through therapy so much that I'm back and I'm poor again. Like that's my number one fear, is that I'm back and I'm back to where I started. And that's a rational fear, but that's my number one fear, Like survival mode always kicks in. It's like, man, there's some rough times I'm gonna be back there. So I struggle with that. I struggle with turning my brain off. So that's why I don't sleep a lot but I also think that goes back to that first one too, that I have to always keep running because if I don't run, it's gonna eventually turn into failures, which turns into no job, which turns into being poor again. So me shutting my brain off is that one. And then always feeling like I need to be productive always, always, if there's any time down, there's no time down, I got to figure out what to do in that time down in order to be productive. So that's probably the stuff that I struggle with the most. There's also like the new dad stuff, and I'm sure all that's gonna factor in, but that's probably what I deal with most internally, even it's so subconscious now, but it's still taxing on me.
Speaker 6: Amy you, Yeah, the parenting stuff that gets me for real. That'll sometimes like then you realize like nobody has a feared out, nobody knows what they're really doing. That just that I'm capable and believing in myself, I feel like sometimes I'll get a handle on it. But similar to you, you have those ones that are so deep rooted that you know you've done the work, but it'll still rear its ugly head sometimes and you're like, it's like whack a mole and you're like cool, get down.
Speaker 5: Oh, get down, not like James Brown, get down, get.
Speaker 4: Yeah, get down mole.
Speaker 3: No, get down wlack mole.
Speaker 6: Like You're just that's one that constantly will find its way back up to the surface somehow, even when I feel like I've done the work to push it down. But then that's great because when it does, I sort of know, I can recognize it and have that awareness, but it still pops up even though I've worked on it.
Speaker 5: Eddie.
Speaker 7: You guys may not know this about me, but I have sensory overload. So like big rooms Vegas stresses me out, which is a weird thing because everyone's always like, man, you're so much fun whenever.
Speaker 5: You are always trying to a compliment about yourself.
Speaker 8: What do you mean again?
Speaker 5: This feels like with Morgan was like people tell me how much young person.
Speaker 9: No.
Speaker 7: People are like always like a life of the party, You're so fun, life of the party. Which I do act like that when I'm in Vegas and big rooms or whatever, but like a stray organ, that is right, But in reality, I'm stressing out deep inside because noises. A lot of people talking kind of stressing me out because I just hear like white noise, almost like when a television's just like going sh It's kind of crazy.
Speaker 4: Lunchbox man, I don't struggle with a lot, so this is I'm just digging deep here. I guess fashion. You know, when we have a big event, you know what I mean, I show up and I look good, but I'm not really sure what I'm supposed to wear. But I still knock it out of the park. But I do struggle with that.
Speaker 5: But I think the question was people think you're you don't struggle with it, but we know.
Speaker 8: You struggle with that.
Speaker 4: Oh you do know. I figure when you put pictures on Instagram, right, it's like, man, Lunchpot's got his fashion game together now.
Speaker 5: I think whenever you wear something good, people freak out because they're like, who is this guy?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Okay, you're good.
Speaker 4: Yeah besides that, I'm good man. I don't really struggle, you know what I mean.
Speaker 10: Reminded me of one that's like not as serious.
Speaker 6: But it is a thing like I don't like overhead lights, Like I don't like lights on, Like at home, I keep everything dim, and I I don't really realize it unless like other people at my house or other people bring it up and they want to turn the lights off and I instantly go over and bring them down, Like the it's over stimulating. There's something weird about it. I'm not saying people think, oh, that's so weird.
Speaker 10: You're so fun.
Speaker 5: You're known as being the light person, which is weird.
Speaker 4: Everybody like.
Speaker 9: Light.
Speaker 3: No, I don't know.
Speaker 11: This is hard.
Speaker 8: This is hard.
Speaker 5: That's why I was being vulnerable with you guys, because everybody thinks I'm awesome.
Speaker 4: They they expect that I'm loving this.
Speaker 8: I am.
Speaker 6: Can I say another one without you thinking that I'm giving myself a compliment?
Speaker 5: Probably not?
Speaker 4: Oh, here we go, here we go.
Speaker 6: Well, because lunch trucks is also reminded me of like fashion or dressing.
Speaker 4: I'm good, just go.
Speaker 6: Some people might think that comes or if they see outfits or something like.
Speaker 5: Especially how.
Speaker 10: That I might be good at that. But I don't. Like I'm so uncomfortable. I freak out.
Speaker 6: I text like Caitlin, I have to get like five friends opinions before buying anything, you know, Like it's not I'm not that confident in that area at all.
Speaker 10: Like if you see me in a cute outfit. I probably did not pick.
Speaker 8: It out, even though you think she looks like, so.
Speaker 5: We got you.
Speaker 8: This question was a trap, man.
Speaker 10: Is a trap?
Speaker 5: Got thank you for that. To close it up, sweating, it's the.
Speaker 1: Best bits of the week with Morgan. Number two.
Speaker 2: Lunchbox is really annoyed with Eddie and then somehow it turned into Raymondo is annoyed with me and it all has to do with some dang cigars that came out of Key West.
Speaker 5: Number six, Lunchwalk is so annoyed by Eddie because of a cigar. I guess the one that he got from Key West.
Speaker 4: Yeah, key West. He walked around Key West with it in his mouth the whole time, never lit it. Okay, funny, It was funny for a day. Then he brings it back on the cruise ship, is walking around the cruise ship with it in his mouth, never smoking it. Kind of funny, but it's starting to get annoying. Then he's walking around the office at work with the cigar in his mouth still and it's like, dude, that was two weeks ago. Put it away.
Speaker 5: You're just joking now right, I mean it's kind of a power moved you really shouldn't be walking onund the office. The cigar.
Speaker 4: Now, okay, what are we doing.
Speaker 8: It's not lit.
Speaker 10: It's gotta be jermy at this point.
Speaker 8: Jermy.
Speaker 10: Yeah, like you've been sucking on it for a week.
Speaker 7: Man, and it's weird. Like if you smell it, it still smells fresh. And the weird thing is when I when I do sniff it, it takes me to key West.
Speaker 4: So we can just walk around the office with cigars and cigarettes in your mouth.
Speaker 5: Now it's not lit, it doesn't matter. You still shouldn't. Really, it's like walking on with a beer in your hand not open. Yeah, Like there are just some things that are appropriate for the office. For one bit that was funny, I didn't see it fun he got it no.
Speaker 8: More, okay, I mean I still have it.
Speaker 5: No, we saw you walking down with the bottle of whiskey gamy everywhere you went and he's still on the top. Wouldn't you'd be like, Okay, it's a funny bit, but enough. But Eddie's trying to like look cool.
Speaker 8: It does look kind of cool.
Speaker 5: I don't think it looks cool like.
Speaker 7: People like I see visitors walking in the office and they look at me like that guy makes decision.
Speaker 5: Now they're looking at like, why do they have a cigar in an office building?
Speaker 4: What is going on?
Speaker 5: Do you still have it with you?
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's a the refrigerator cause I read that if you put like tobacco in the refrigerator, it stays fresh.
Speaker 5: In the green room. No, take it home the green room.
Speaker 4: With all the snacks for the artists guys.
Speaker 5: So it smells it up?
Speaker 8: No, no it doesn't. It's not lit.
Speaker 10: What's it called a humidor? Then you need one of those.
Speaker 5: We get one for the officers, for Eddie's one who someone else was annoyed with Morgan about this too.
Speaker 8: She had cigars too.
Speaker 5: She went to the cigar place and took pictures. Is it ray? Was it year?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 12: So like Eddie being a poser not smoking it. Morgan, we go to this cigar shop and she had nothing to do with the cigars. She thought they were gross. She did her own thing, and then towards the very end of Key West, she goes, oh, I'm gonna take a picture next to this cigar painting and fake like I'm smoking a cigarette and a cigar.
Speaker 5: Well, the problem with that is that's being such a poser.
Speaker 12: It's just she didn't at all participate in the cigars until the Instagram picture.
Speaker 5: But can I be fair, I don't think any of you guys actually participate in the cigars. You guys did I never saw one cigar being smoked.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, we didn't. We didn't light them.
Speaker 10: Yeah, because Ray also walked around chewing on his Yeah.
Speaker 13: And they also took pictures in there, by the way.
Speaker 5: It's like people who take pictures of them holding guns and never shot a gun. That's kind of what it was.
Speaker 6: Like.
Speaker 5: Look how they got manly I am and it's like, dide, you can't even know I load her unload that thing. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I can't believe Ray called Morgan a poser because Ray was doing the same thing. And here's how here's how bad Ray was. He had it backwards.
Speaker 10: He was the.
Speaker 5: Mouth that like in a movie when someone's like they get a bazook out and they're like, I'm ready and it shoots out the bag.
Speaker 2: And he kept sucking on it so much, but he made it really sharp, and his wife had to keep taking it from him and unsharpening it because she was worried.
Speaker 3: What he was going to do with it.
Speaker 10: Like so wait what, wait what? Yeah, I don't want to know.
Speaker 5: So you guys went to a cigar shop. Yeah you bought a few, Yeah, I bought two. How much do they cost?
Speaker 8: Twenty bucks each?
Speaker 5: And then it was just to look cool.
Speaker 7: I mean I think I wanted to, like because I bought a lighter, but I just never lit it, and then I'm like, why light?
Speaker 8: At this point, it's just part of like who I am?
Speaker 5: Now you know you are? They ever heard it is not who you are? Okay? So here are the rules, Eddie, take cigars home? Okay, raymondo hilarious Morgan. They need to get over it.
Speaker 3: Thank you. I like my picture.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and they need to get over it.
Speaker 1: It's the best bits of the week. With Morgan number.
Speaker 2: Two getting back from the cruise, a lot of listeners shared their favorite moments. We had some people leave voicemails, some people write online, and even some live callers. So here's all the listeners getting to share their favorite moments from our Top Shelf Country cruise number five.
Speaker 5: A lot of people went on the cruise with our show. We're so grateful. We're doing it in next year. Topshelf Countrycruise dot Com next year we'll be able to stay longer for sure. We have Lisa, who's on the phone now in Florida. Hey Lisa, you're on the show. Good morning.
Speaker 14: I'd like to say that that was the best vacation of my life, and that was I've been on a lot of cruises. I've been on a lot of vacations, and it was right up there. They had a spectacular time, especially at Boozy Bingo all the shows. Morgan and Lunchbox both hosted Boozy Bingo too. Funny Morgan, they had to bring her a chair out because everybody just kept feeding her shots and chug, chug, chug. And we were there with another couple and my girlfriend actually won the jackpop at twenty nine hundred dollars the.
Speaker 8: Last game of bingo, So that was cool of Bingo.
Speaker 14: Yeah, my girlfriend Sue and then Morgan was supposed to meet us for shots at the casino after Sue was treating, but nobody could find Morgan. Lunchbox was texting her quality she passed out and we don't know.
Speaker 2: I was upstairs in the cafetier eating French fries with chocolate. Uh, there's there's some video proof of that. So that's where I was. That's why nobody could find me.
Speaker 5: Were you trying French fries?
Speaker 6: Also?
Speaker 5: Were you trying not to be found or were you unable to find yourself at that point?
Speaker 2: I was unable to find myself at that point, So I did have a hammler with me making sure I was eating and stuff because everybody was feeding me a whole lot of shots.
Speaker 5: Did you guys find that went on a cruise the alcohol did hit different, like because of the sea, because of the or is it just you drink drink more like that was anything on night wine.
Speaker 4: I think you just drink more because you don't realize what time it is you're going. It's just like a fun atmosphere and you're like, Oh, you walk by a bar that bark was cool. Let me try that one. Oh that has an ice like bar.
Speaker 10: Oh the ice that was so cool, very.
Speaker 4: Like it keeps your drink cold and it feels cool. Oh, let me sit there for a while. Then you have two drinks, like walk over here. You're just on there's no clocks. It's amazing.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you're right, there's no clocks. We made it places on time. I mean, obviously we have our phones, but.
Speaker 5: There's a clock in your pocket.
Speaker 10: I know.
Speaker 5: I feel like you weren't allowed to see the time, like they were keeping it from you, like you're on Guantanamo.
Speaker 10: Yeah. True, I don't know.
Speaker 7: It makes for a really good excuse though, when you're it must be the water, for sure.
Speaker 9: I don't know.
Speaker 5: It's something, Lisa. Any chance you come back next year?
Speaker 14: Oh? Yes, absolutely absolutely. I just want to, you know, see, I would like to go to different places, but it's kind of like the same place. But they did throw Cosmel there.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I think we start in a different place, Tampa, yep, which is easier for us.
Speaker 8: It's a good start opposed to Yeah.
Speaker 5: And then we go to Cosmo, which in Mexico. I've never been to Mexico.
Speaker 10: Oh, well, so this is a different round.
Speaker 5: Yeah, have been many first and key West then Cousin No, no, no, we had called them all this time. Oh is that what it is?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I don't know. I went to y I went to Key West in Fort Lauderdale.
Speaker 8: You did, Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah? All right, Lisa. If you decide you need a change up for next year and you don't want to come, that's still awesome. But we would love to have you back. And I'm glad you had a good time. Thank you for calling and sharing.
Speaker 14: Thank you, have a good day, all right, see you later.
Speaker 5: Let's go over and talk to Michelle and Minnesota. Michelle, you're on the show.
Speaker 15: Hey, morning studio. I just had to say I had a phenomenal time on the cruise with you guys.
Speaker 2: Eddie.
Speaker 15: I was the one that had the cowboys jersey on at the wine tasting and was supporting you and Lunchbox and Morgan. You guys were awesome. I got to run into on your way to dinner, and you still stopped and took pictures and talked to my husband, who doesn't even like country music. Thank you. Still went on the cruise with me and got to meet everybody in the studio, including Bobby except Amy, because you left early and I was so disappointed I.
Speaker 5: Meet you either.
Speaker 10: I left with Eddie.
Speaker 5: All of us are here. Don't you mentioned anything about Michelle probably stayed after the show. I stayed after I met everybody, right, Michelle, Yes, I met.
Speaker 15: You after the show. I hung out after the wine pasting to meet Eddie again, and actually I did run into Amy at the Spy Cafe. I think the morning you were leaving. Your had on like black leggings and the black hat and tap, and you weren't looking very well. I just want to go over.
Speaker 6: Well, I mean she would have. I wish you would have come to say hi. But yes, that was when I was That was the morning I was leaving with Eddie. Eddie, and yeah, that was a It was probably just before I got sick.
Speaker 10: But I wish you would have. You can always yeah I did. Trust doesn't even know hungover?
Speaker 5: Yes, she got. She was hungover six from the battle like yeah, oh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 8: She did.
Speaker 5: Blame it a little on me and carsick though that enhanced it.
Speaker 8: It's another good excuse.
Speaker 5: But I don't know. As someone who gets carsick, I'm never going to judge somebody.
Speaker 10: Even you know that car ride was this sketch.
Speaker 5: Sketch her fast. You guys had two different Michelle. Thank you for calling, thank you for coming. We're so happy you had a good time.
Speaker 15: Thank you guys for putting it on.
Speaker 9: It was great.
Speaker 5: You go to show one or two of Eddie and I too, Okay, thank god? Why yeah, yeah, yeah I met that lady, the one that disrupted show one.
Speaker 4: Yes, you know what it is. She she she said no, no, not lead to Martini's lavender martini. She was like, I had never had one, and I had one. I was like, this is delicious, and she goes. So I was just sitting at the march Any bar and I had like three of them and it was like thirty minutes for the show and I was like, uh, oh, I'm in trouble. She goes, But I tried to power through the show. And I just powered through the show and she goes. So I just she goes. When I get drunk, I get kind of giggly and she goes. And I thought I was gonna be able to hold it together and she goes and I didn't hold it together.
Speaker 5: She did not, but not hold it together.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we met her. She was really nice.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, I met her too, and I met her.
Speaker 4: I met her husband. He didn't know who we were, but he was just smoking a cigar on the deck and just hanging out.
Speaker 5: There were a lot of husbands who didn't know who we were, who came with their wives.
Speaker 7: That's my favorite. Like every time i'd meet them, just like, man, I'm gonna make sure you have a good time.
Speaker 5: Most of them were like, oh, this is much more fun than I thought.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, a couple were like I still don't get it, but only a couple. But their wives were happy, so that's all that mattered. Michelle, Thank you for the call. Bye bye, Let's go one more Stephanie. Stephanie airport on my on way home. Stephanie, are you at the airport now?
Speaker 10: Yes, I'm at the airport now going home now from.
Speaker 16: The kid, did you get good morning studio?
Speaker 5: You got to help us understand what's happening here?
Speaker 16: Okay, okay. So I came a couple of days early to get on the cruise and then went on the cruise and then stayed a couple of days because I went swimming with dolphins. You stayed after like, yes, Miami, Yes, this was my birthday celebration. I just turned fifty on the tenth February.
Speaker 5: Oh, happy birthday. That's crazy because I feel like after a cruise i'd be like I'm tired, and you stayed and kept going. How was one with the dolphins?
Speaker 16: Oh my gosh, it was amazing.
Speaker 5: That's cool. How'd you enjoy the cruise?
Speaker 16: It's really awesome. Oh it was it was fabulous, mind blowing. I mean, I got to meet so many people. It was just crazy. I met Amy in the hallway, Morgan and I got a selfie. I met Ray and his mom. Bobby you and I think.
Speaker 5: You mean Ray and his wife.
Speaker 16: Okay, so well, Ray.
Speaker 14: Said it was his mom.
Speaker 16: I don't think it was mom, but she was some lady that was with him.
Speaker 5: Oh, Ray was lying about sudd got it, got it.
Speaker 16: I'm pretty sure she was. Yeah, I don't know who she was. But anyway, I got a stelfie with Cooper Alan, I got bro roe with Keith, and then I got a stuffing with Scotti. It was just it was so awesome, like best birthday ever.
Speaker 5: Well that's super fun. And I'm glad you stayed and get swimming dolphins. That's awesome. I appreciate you calling. Hope you have a safe trip home worse home which shout out, shout out with a lot of love. Okay, Stephanie, have a safe trip. Thank you. I know you have a connector because ain't nothing going short to which talk I know, I'm.
Speaker 16: Say Morgan, no, no, I have to I have to go to Chicago.
Speaker 5: So yay, thank you, Hope you have a great trip, and thank you and hopefully we'll see you again soon.
Speaker 16: Okay, Yeah, thank you so much. You guys have a great day.
Speaker 5: By and you guys can sign up Popshelf Country Cruise dot com. Uh, we're gonna go. Thank you everybody for being here today. And I don't know, man, it's a good show. If you missed any of the show, go listen today's podcast. Just go search for the Bobby Bone Show wherever you get your podcast.
Speaker 1: It's the best bits of the week with Morgan.
Speaker 4: Number two.
Speaker 2: And speaking of the cruise, everybody bought different outfits to bring on so we could all look our best, including Eddie, who also now wants to return some things.
Speaker 13: That he bought specifically for the cruise.
Speaker 2: So this might bring up a ethical dilemma number four.
Speaker 5: Let's hut back into this topic. Eddie bought some stuff for the cruise. Some he wore, some he didn't, but he wants to take it all back, Like.
Speaker 10: Some of this stuff he didn't wear.
Speaker 5: Yeah, some shirts wasn't to some stuff he did wear.
Speaker 7: Oh, I wore a couple, so there's a total of three shirts. I wore two of them and I did not wear one of them, so one of them still has a tag. And the stickers and everything. So I don't feel bad about that one. Obviously I can return that one, but the I mean, why not just return I'm not gonna wear these are like Hawaiian cruise wear.
Speaker 8: I'm not gonna wear that again.
Speaker 10: You're like, mister, I love the beach guy. You'll wear again.
Speaker 7: Correct, But these were a little big on me, you know, so I didn't really they were a little too fluffy. I really didn't like it. So I'm thinking I'm turn them all back.
Speaker 5: If you wore it, you can't take it back.
Speaker 8: I wore it once on the boat.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's not like he was sweating, and you know, wearing.
Speaker 10: Once, it's in your arms ew, so.
Speaker 8: You can never. You guys, never take any.
Speaker 10: Clothes back if we've worn it.
Speaker 5: If I to me, like, my integrity would not allow me if I've used something to take it back. Because I used it, I paid for it, I used it, I wouldn't take it back. I may give it away to somebody, but I wouldn't take it if I didn't wear it, had a tag on it, take it back.
Speaker 8: What if you like, bought.
Speaker 7: A shirt you wear it out and everyone's like, oh that shir it's ugly, that doesn't fit good on you, Like, no, that's not a good shirt. I think that you have the right to go back and me, look, I don't want it. I'm not satisfied with his shirt.
Speaker 6: I wore this and I got no compliments. People said it was ugly. I mean, I guess you could be honest with the store and they might be like, okay, we'll take it back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay.
Speaker 5: I think there's a difference on will they take it back versus should you Yes.
Speaker 6: I think that if you want to take back the one with the tag and then take the other ones and say, hey, full disclosure, I wore these, but they're a little big. I'm like, not totally satisfied. Then they may give you and they might be like, well, you wore it. Sorry, our policies we can't, or they might take it back.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't go on this route.
Speaker 5: I'd just be like I, you know, hey, he wouldn't chase the honest.
Speaker 4: I would go more like I tried this on. I took the tags off and then I was looking at it and didn't really fit right.
Speaker 8: Boom, don't say.
Speaker 5: I wore it out, so not even don't go honest lie.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I mean it's like I wore saying it didn't fit right. It's a lie.
Speaker 4: I wore shoes do a wedding and I cleaned them and took them back and they were like, oh, did you wear these? And they looked at the bottom and they could tell I warm. I was like, yeah, but they just didn't fit right. They give them my money back.
Speaker 5: But I think you'll get it back. Are you okay with yourself if you do that?
Speaker 15: Yes?
Speaker 5: Because if you are, like.
Speaker 10: What would you teach your.
Speaker 9: Kids to do?
Speaker 8: Well, my kids don't have to know about this.
Speaker 6: But what I'm saying, what if they came to you and said, dad, hey, what would you teach them to do?
Speaker 8: Guys, that's tough. Why are you putting that on me?
Speaker 5: Like you believe as a parent, though, there are some things you can do with your kids. Never need to know absolutely, okay, for sure.
Speaker 8: Don't talk about that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but that's an easy way to check yourself of like, Okay, what example do I want to be for my kids? Like lunchbuck is pubalic, no problem. I'd teach my kids to do this, but I don't think you would.
Speaker 4: Why what?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 5: What is one with Would you teach your kids that wear something and take it back?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 5: Okay? Do you would you teach yours.
Speaker 4: If it doesn't fit right?
Speaker 5: That's not the thing. It does fit right.
Speaker 8: It was a little bit, was a little bit.
Speaker 5: No no, no, that's not the same like it said large, but it was really big. What you could they'll probably take it all back. But if it were me, I would take the one with the tag back and I wore the other ones because you could have tried it on with the tag and you chose not to do that.
Speaker 8: I didn't. Yeah, I just grabbed it off the rack.
Speaker 5: This update doesn't what you do? You just know, just know Jesus knows. Okay, you got it okay, because everybody else we may not know.
Speaker 8: That's a tough decision, guys, is it though?
Speaker 2: It is?
Speaker 8: It is because I'm saving like so much money?
Speaker 10: Oh gosh, where did you shop?
Speaker 7: Let's target? You got a Gucci Target? At least this close that up.
Speaker 5: If you're still hurting from daylight saving time, some quick things here. Think of daylight saving time as jet lag. It's not losing sleep. It's I don't know that one stupid because I don't think enough people fly with jet lag. Give your body a few days to catch up. Okay, we're doing that. We can have no joint. Yeah, that's nothing we can even do, is one of them.
Speaker 10: Talk positively to yourself about it.
Speaker 5: Didn't make it. No, Make sure you get outside, preferably in the sunshine to help combat some of the effects of time change, like foggy thinking, feeling moody and of course being tired. Getting some exercise and going to bed earlier for a week and help sleep if you can, and pay attention to what you eat. This is normal to stuff.
Speaker 6: Yeah, let me tell you what I've been doing. Okay, insane.
Speaker 10: My body is handling this time change with ease.
Speaker 5: Oh you're just saying something I tell yourself.
Speaker 6: Yes, like this, I feel great. My body isn't impacted by this at all. It's crazy, Like I just talk to myself like that.
Speaker 8: Does that work?
Speaker 5: So far, so nice.
Speaker 1: It's the best bits of the week with Morgan.
Speaker 2: Number two Bobby got certified and something that is totally life saving, and now he can just save all of our lives.
Speaker 13: That's basically what he's prepared for now.
Speaker 5: Number three, I got my certificate in CPR. Yeah, we did a couple of months ago, thank you, I'll talk for me.
Speaker 4: I talk for me.
Speaker 5: So a couple of months ago we went and took a class on baby CPR, and then we did adults while we were there. Why not do adults CPR? Already there we did the shockers. Oh you did a d learned about that how to do it on adults and babies. So I'm certified now I don't know what to do, Like, I don't think I can teach it.
Speaker 8: Can't teach CVR now, No you can't?
Speaker 5: And why abut I certified in?
Speaker 8: Can you can use it?
Speaker 10: It's like if you wanted a babysit, it'll come in handy.
Speaker 5: I think about that. Yes, I get on craig No, what's care dot com? What's the list for babysitters Angie's lest I go on Angie's list now and be a babysitter.
Speaker 8: But if any of us like need it, you But I don't need.
Speaker 5: To show you the card while you're unconscious. Now you're it's okay, Hey guys, I got the card.
Speaker 10: Certain gigs you have coming up, like just added to your resume.
Speaker 5: Hm, I am now certified in CPR. So we did all that we did. You know what, babies mostly need to be turned over and hit on the back, and so they're choking.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that's when they're choking.
Speaker 7: But if their heart stops, you need to do the little finger push.
Speaker 5: Okay, not anymore, they've changed that. Come on, tell me for those that are wondering about baby CPR in the last few months, there are no it's no fingers. It was like that for twenty years. It's now two thumbs and two thumbs, and it's faster because you do adults to staying alive at that pace, you do babies with two thumbs to what song to nine to five? It's little faster because baby it's hard working. Nine two five. What a way to make a live And that's but that's okay, that's what's up. If it's if a baby's choking, you turn it over and you give it five boom boom booms on the back, and then you turn it over and you do two thumbs in the middle. And the thing about CPR that I realized too is you have to let it totally, like reconcile. It was like if you push down and you just come up a little bit, you can't go like push, Look, you gotta push down. Let it come all the way up. Okay, push push push, push push, And then did an adult and then you look down and see the chest. It's a whole thing.
Speaker 8: We did it and the adult thing. Do you is there no more? There's no more mouth to mouth?
Speaker 5: Right, So they don't recommend mouth to mouth because so many people do it wrong. Oh with the baby, mouth to mouth, you have to do over the nose in the mouth.
Speaker 8: Oh, you cover the whole Thingay, over.
Speaker 5: The whole thing. I guess if it's a really really small baby, just put the whole head in your mouth. Oh uh No, they don't really recommend that. They recommend going. When you call nine one one, you tell someone, you tell someone specifically. You don't say, can someone call nine one one? You go, you blue shirt, call nine one one, and then you keep going until someone gets there. And then we did the whole two pumps with a baby. If you do pumps with your hand, you just do one hand locked with a human with an adult, it's two. I did the whole thing.
Speaker 7: And then what are the numbers on the pumps? Oh, say, adults, what's the number?
Speaker 8: Like ten? Break?
Speaker 5: No, I don't you don't stop.
Speaker 8: You just keep going.
Speaker 5: You keep going till somebody gets there. I'm certified, so I feel like I can say with the baby before you go to the mouth, it's thirty then two puffs.
Speaker 8: God, that's such good information.
Speaker 5: Man thumbs, two thumbs. Okay, on choke. If a baby's choking and conscious, you don't go with your finger.
Speaker 8: To pull it out, right, that was the old days.
Speaker 5: You turn it over and you go back five times.
Speaker 10: What's the song?
Speaker 5: I don't know, let's pick one.
Speaker 8: Now there's no song.
Speaker 5: Well I'm gotten back touting girl I love and I'm like, forget you try that one. No, no, not that one.
Speaker 10: No songs, just thanks.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and if consciously, but then you do the thumbs up front. If there's no there is a point where you can go in and try to get it if they're unconscious.
Speaker 8: Now, did you you use the ad machine?
Speaker 5: Right, it's on a baby. You put one on the front, one on the back, And did the machine tell you? It tells you everything, what to do? The machine tells you everything. So you turn it on. It's like, how's your day? And I'm like, well, not great, I'm using you. Okay, good to know and then it says back away on the adult. You do one, and it tells you just so everybody know, it's very I have to grab one of these. Yes, you put one. It tells you on the chest basically upper chest and one on the side like where the ribs are. Yeah, and then you'll have to yell clear because I thought that was like the keyword, like.
Speaker 8: I don't know it does it?
Speaker 7: I did it even tell What's so cool about that is it even tells you if the person doesn't need it, Yeah, has.
Speaker 10: Detective put it on and they're like, yeah, you're good.
Speaker 5: It never said you're yeah, you're good, but it'll say something like detecting harderregulation or something.
Speaker 8: Yes, you can remove pads or whatever.
Speaker 5: We bought a machine for the house. Yeah, that's awesome. Because she was also like, you have a poll and there are people here, and she's like, you don't have to, but you're gonna have a baby. So keeping your car she said so many times, like athletic events, kids, it's like just having your car. And we were like, all right, we'll take one. That's such a good idea, so we have we Well I wouldn't have it yet, but I did a couple months ago.
Speaker 8: How much is one of those roun even hundred bucks.
Speaker 7: That's worth it? You can save up to get something like that's worth it? I mean, you don't want to be.
Speaker 5: When you whisper that to me, you think some listeners you kind of wanted to hide.
Speaker 10: It from something felt like asking this.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I thought it would be really expensive. Well that is no, no, but I thought I was gonna be like two million.
Speaker 6: Oh they're like, you don't have to have it, just keep it in your car.
Speaker 5: Holy crab. So yeah, I'm pretty proud of that. We went through, went through all the classes school. Babies are are are built to make it, They're built to survive.
Speaker 10: Yeah, and there I was, what, I know where you got that from.
Speaker 5: The ribs are full cartilage.
Speaker 10: Oh I thought you got that from Paradise.
Speaker 5: Oh that did happen on Paradise too, You're right, Yeah.
Speaker 10: That's where I was like, dang, babies are resilience.
Speaker 8: It's not a spoiler, is it?
Speaker 5: No, not at all?
Speaker 6: But trust me, but I thought about it three times before it came out of my mouth.
Speaker 5: Babies ribcages are full cartilage, and they're like, go give it the business. And they're also saying because we were practicing on the adult dummy, because you have to push hard and the thing has like sensors, like if you do it right, it gives you two green lights, and so I was getting two green lights. But I was like, I feel like I'm pushing hard, like I might break asternum. She's like, here's the thing. Uh, you break a starnum, they're alive. You don't break a starnum they're possibly dead. Yes, so if you do a broken sternum for a live person is okay. And that may not be like by the rule book, but I remember them telling me that my fear was, what if I break someone's ribs. They're like, okay, but if you break their ribs are still alive. I think they'll get over it. They'll be happy with it's worth saving their life. So took the class. Anybody needs saving real quick?
Speaker 8: Not yet, man, not yet?
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 5: So what I want to do is I got a bunch of cheerios for everybody. I want everybody to start eating. I just want to test something out. So eat these cheerios and maybe we'll check in later on the show. See everybody's doing okay.
Speaker 10: Employee of the year.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's the best spits of the week with Morgan number two.
Speaker 13: And more stories from the ship.
Speaker 2: Some things happened, especially towards the end of the week that involved a forgotten bag on the ship, some casino chips, everybody being really tired, different listener moments.
Speaker 10: There's just a lot of.
Speaker 2: Stories that came out of our top shelf Country Crews number two.
Speaker 17: Lunch is going to come back from the cruise. He's not going to have a voice and he's going to be like, oh, it's my allergies. There's no allergies when you're at sea. How do you get allergies out of sea? There's no trees, there's no pollen or anything like that. It's not allergies. It's never been allergies. It never will be allergies.
Speaker 5: So that's a voicemail we got, lunchbox. I'd like to hear your voice. Hi, drum roll please, lunchbox.
Speaker 4: I'm doing great, man, Okay, Yeah, there were some flare ups on the boat. Allergies, allergies, you know. Step stopping in Nassau, Key West been to me they have trees whatever it's called. I don't want to say it. Hey, they have trees. They have allergies, so they were flaring up on the ship.
Speaker 10: But man, it's like, wherever there's a tree, it's any tree.
Speaker 5: I think it's wherever there's alcoholic. I'm being honest, but.
Speaker 4: I'm going to say that my was able to come home this weekend and use some legra and all that and get rid of the allergies, and I am back.
Speaker 5: Are you tired, I'm exhausted still even after a couple of days.
Speaker 4: There is no rest. I have three kids. I got home and it was like, oh, here we go.
Speaker 10: And the time change.
Speaker 4: Oh, I'm gonna tell you.
Speaker 5: I'm not a big time change affects life kind of guy.
Speaker 8: Does you're not tired today?
Speaker 10: Spring Ford does?
Speaker 5: He doesn't let me finish my talk only in the middle of a sentence. Oh my god, everybody take it. Read Okay, there's a comma, not a period. I'm not usually a time change affects me kind of guy. But I did wake up this morning and I was like, man, I feel like something's wrong, like some sum's a little up. And so I wear a or ring, not an ad and it'll tell me if there's like stress signs inside my body. Oh no, stress signs I go and I have talked to Stanley, my dog. I'm like, hey, you feel a good today, and huh And then I'm like, I think it's the hour change. And then yeah, now I think it's all you guys.
Speaker 10: Maybe maybe it is.
Speaker 5: Yeah. I took like one breath pounce on me, like in hell, Oh my god.
Speaker 6: Because I feel strongly that spring forward is the painful one.
Speaker 10: Fall back obviously feels great.
Speaker 4: Yeah, feels so good.
Speaker 8: Extra hour?
Speaker 4: Why put it right at the end of the cruise, like we could have planned that better. That was rough.
Speaker 5: You mean the federal mandate of moving our hour?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Oh man, whoa, he's still tired.
Speaker 4: Still tired, man, I'm telling you. I got home. My wife took a two hour nap.
Speaker 5: I was like, hey, hello, but she spent a whole week watching all the kids.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what do you think I did? You spend a whole week working with two thousand people.
Speaker 8: You were having fun though, drinking and both can be true.
Speaker 4: Yes, both can be true. Guys.
Speaker 5: What happened? Because I'm just gonna go with lunch Box's side of the story.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, Oh do you know hom gonna say, Oh, I go for you?
Speaker 5: Go ahead, And why is Morgan irresponsible?
Speaker 4: Huh, Oh my gosh, she is so irresponsible, Like it is time for Morgan to grow up, Like we are. It is what Friday morning, and we got to get off the boat and they tell us to meet in this one spot by the sushi restaurant and we're there. Morgan's there on time, has her three bags because she has so much stuff, and then she gets to editing her TikTok video that her and I did on the boat, and she's so engrossed in her phone, editing, editing, editing, editing. Oh look alright, I got it posted. They're like time to get off the boat. Morgan gets up, walks off the boat and is loading her bags into the transportation to the airport, and she goes, oh, my gosh, where's my black bag? Where's my black bag? It has my computer in the five thousand dollars camera that belongs in our studio. Where is it? Oh my gosh, I must have left it on the ship. Lunch, take my bags. I gotta go find it. And she goes running back like they're gonna let her go back on your shit.
Speaker 5: You can't get back on the ship.
Speaker 4: We've already gone through customs. We've done it all, and she's just like, I'm out of here, and she just disappears. She left her bag on the ship with the two most expensive things she has because she was so engrossed in that social media.
Speaker 5: Man, it's time to realize that social media.
Speaker 10: She sounds so you want Morgan a girl, but yet you sounds elderly.
Speaker 4: I mean, guys, when you have a computer and a five thousand dollars camera, well yeah, that should be your number one priority, not the TikTok video Morgan.
Speaker 5: Our response is.
Speaker 4: That exactly what happened.
Speaker 3: It's not totally inaccurate. This didn't happen.
Speaker 2: I did leave my bag on the ship, and it was irresponsible. I was editing a video, but I was also just exhausted. Guys, I've been on that ship for eight days. I was not I was not in the right state of mind. I was so excited to get all my stuff and get back home. And yeah, I definitely had a huge brain fart moment, and I did. I left my bag on I did thanks to a listener and Rick So, a listener messaged me on Instagram as I'm panicking, right, you can't get.
Speaker 5: Back on it. Way.
Speaker 2: Yes, you cannot get back on the ship once you've gotten off.
Speaker 3: I learned that the very hard way.
Speaker 2: And so as I'm standing there, I'm trying to make all these phone calls see who's left on the ship to bring me my bag, because they said if they had to go get it, it was going to take three to five hours to go through customs and get back to me, which I did not have. I didn't have that time, and so I was calling everybody. Rick was searching for it. It was like a scavenger hunt for my bag on the ship. And then I just happened to pop back on Instagram and a listener named Chris.
Speaker 13: He sent a picture and was like, is this one of your guys's bags?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 10: Way, Oh that's crazy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I was like, oh my gosh.
Speaker 5: Chris, wait hip hop, Wow you got it. That's very Amy of you.
Speaker 9: I know.
Speaker 2: I had an Amy moment. And yeah, Chris saved my life. He was like, I was like, where is that? Tell me where it is. He's like, here it is. This is the location.
Speaker 3: Rick went and.
Speaker 13: Got it, and Rick bought it off, brought it off the ship for me.
Speaker 5: So we talked to Morgan when she was on the boat. She said she'd want a bunch of money in the casino on our cruise, and did you bring all the cash back with you?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's another great thing, guys, another irresponsible moment for Morgan.
Speaker 3: I had a rough last day.
Speaker 13: I forgot to catch them in.
Speaker 5: So you have chips, you have boat chips, boat chips, guys.
Speaker 4: She wakes me on that Friday morning, She's like, hey, so where do I cash in my chips? I said, girl, We're at port. The casino is closed.
Speaker 10: Wait, so what does she do? Wait until next year we're on.
Speaker 4: A different boat.
Speaker 5: You got to be able to mail him in or something, right, I don't know.
Speaker 13: I haven't done a whole lot of research yet.
Speaker 3: I'm not listen.
Speaker 2: The last day, Boozy bingo to me in I was not well. Okay, so that's why I did not catch her chips in.
Speaker 3: I was three sheets to the wind.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and you're thinking like one hundred and twenty five bucks hundred bucks? Right? No, no, no, Morgan, how many chips do you have?
Speaker 9: Three hundred and forty five dollars?
Speaker 6: WHOA, Okay, I've paid Reagan chips before, so maybe she can Ray will take them.
Speaker 5: I'll buy him for a hundred he cruises, But I don't know, you have to go back on it that the same boat, Like, we're doing the cruise again next year. And you guys, if you want to come on the cruise Topshelf Country Cruise dot Com. If for somehow it's already sold out, I mean, I don't know. There's a lot of people that have been signing up because we did a week's worth of the content just talking about it. But if you want to go, Riley Green is the first performer that we signed to play on it. But Topshelf Country Cruise dot Com. Ohough, we have more people to Laurena Elena who was just on the show, Randy Hawser, Chris Young Moore to be announced, but go. I'm assuming you can cast your chips in then, or you could sell them to Lunchbox for one hundred dollars. I don't know, that's a terrible deal. If it's all profit, I feel like.
Speaker 13: I should take the risk and potentially catch them in next year.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna try.
Speaker 4: I mean, let me tell you. We were on a bus to the airport and we're driving away and Morgan is just standing outside the bus like a sad puppy dog and we're all just like, all right.
Speaker 5: Morgan, for which reason? Camera computer camera, camera, computer it And can't you forgot like a baby or anything on there? I good know about this more honestly, are you still exhausted?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Slept all weekend and I still feel like I got hit by a bus man.
Speaker 4: Question.
Speaker 5: Do you guys think that that's everybody coming off the cruise because they had a vacation or because you guys said it host so many things?
Speaker 4: I think, man, I think it's because we had to host so many things.
Speaker 5: Like if you go on a vacation, you're probably relaxed, right, there's no stress, like, there's no like time, there's no clocks.
Speaker 4: You just had to be wherever you can sleep whenever you want. That wasn't the case for us. And then I had an appearance on Saturday night. I got back and I had to work on Saturday.
Speaker 7: I mean, I'm just so dad worker over here.
Speaker 4: That's right.
Speaker 5: Maybe he went to see and came back a different person.
Speaker 4: Any chance, I'm a change man.
Speaker 5: Give me number to RAYMONDO.
Speaker 18: Hey, I was just commenting about Lunchbox having a red card. I worked in customer service and in hospitality at resorts. Typically that means that you have refused to put a credit card on file for charges, and so you get the red card or whatever your hospitality service gives you. But typically that is the reason.
Speaker 1: Love you guys, bye, That's not.
Speaker 4: The reason on this cruise ship. The cruise ship had red and blue because when they have performances, they can't fit everybody in the performances. So you have a red or a blue, or if your talent, you have a black so you can go into either show.
Speaker 5: So like Eddie and I did two performances, so we had a red show and then a blue show, right.
Speaker 4: And the red show was the first show. Is I tried to go to the second show and I had to sneak past the people.
Speaker 5: Is that even something we should do though, sneak sneak past things.
Speaker 4: I had to go out onto the deck walk, find the last door, sneak in there and go into the audience.
Speaker 9: Is awesome.
Speaker 6: I mean, I don't think anybody else is trying to sneak. If they want to come, they go to the appropriate time. He was just trying to sneak because I think he wanted condent.
Speaker 10: I don't know.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's trying to get video in second Instagram. They didn't just want to see the from the top corner. He kept like, I like you almost to have gotten court martial or whatever they do to you on a boat.
Speaker 4: Well, I couldn't get down to the bottom. Yeah, I didn't ever blue card.
Speaker 5: All right, one more.
Speaker 18: The cruise has been the best thing for my life right now.
Speaker 14: It's great.
Speaker 16: Lunchbox is pure entertainment.
Speaker 18: And he needs to say, all seven days and I have to go next year? Are killing it? It's great. I love it.
Speaker 5: Have it today by so many people reached out and said the red card drama was the funniest thing they had heard in months. No, it wasn't a bit. I swear to everybody listening. I had nothing to do with it. I promise you. I did not say let's give a lunchbox a lesser card. If anything, I would have made sure that he got a black card. I didn't know anything about it. Scuba didn't either. We don't know how that happened. Do you do you believe me? I believe you do you like Scuba? I believe Scuba. But also people like that's like people online. I saw people saying they don't have blue and red cards on a cruise. That's that's just made up.
Speaker 8: That was real.
Speaker 4: No, that's legit real, Like.
Speaker 5: Because there are so many people and that theater was like a thousand people and two thousand people on the boat. I don't know what the number is. Everybody can't get in. So I did two shows. D We had two shows. Scotty Murcury at two shows.
Speaker 4: And that's what they did with dinners too, is like the like if you had a red card, you went to dinner second, so you went to the shows first and then you went to dinner where the blue card was at dinner while the red card was at the show.
Speaker 6: But also that aside, like can you picture sitting around being like, oh, what, what crazy story should we come up with?
Speaker 10: Let's invent red cards and blue cards.
Speaker 6: It'll be so dramatic, Like I don't want is that what some people think we do?
Speaker 5: I think it was so good and maybe this is a testament to us not being that good. They were like, that's so good. You had to have made that up. No, No, Lunchbox had a lesser card than everybody, and we had nothing to do with it.
Speaker 4: And I think the icing on top was on. I could only get tap water.
Speaker 5: I think that was really not even bottlewater.
Speaker 4: Like I couldn't even get bottled water on the ship for the first three days.
Speaker 10: I don't even know that next year I'm going to have anything to drink.
Speaker 5: Okay, I cannot think about it.
Speaker 6: Also, I opened up my email and I got some email from a husband and wife.
Speaker 5: On the phone reminding you of the fun you had.
Speaker 6: Dear say, even though we had no idea who you were at first, you ended.
Speaker 10: Up enhancing our vacation.
Speaker 6: Huh, it says loved hearing some quote fun facts about you.
Speaker 10: I'll leave it at that.
Speaker 3: As I leave it at that, what in the world.
Speaker 5: We need to get checked?
Speaker 10: As I presume someone screens your messages.
Speaker 4: For you in the world, I'm like, what did I say?
Speaker 5: Now? What did you do?
Speaker 10: I'm not worried I did anything. I think I met them on the dance floor.
Speaker 8: Oh that's how it starts.
Speaker 5: Call us if you want our phone numbers eight seven, seven seventy seven Bobby again, not ads, because if you want to come and be on the cruise next year, it's up now. Top shelf Country cruise. This is not an ad for that. I guess it kind is, but we're not getting paid to say it. We're just saying we're doing it again. Yeah, we would love for you guys to come.
Speaker 1: It's the best bits of the week with Morgan.
Speaker 2: Number two, it was so fun to have Jody Messina in the studio. She's putting out new music for the first time in around ten years, and she talks about I mean TikTok famous, plus the thing that happened that didn't get her signed to a label and that story is just crazy. So here she is, Jody Messina in the Bobby Bone Show Studio.
Speaker 1: Number one on The Bobby Bone Show.
Speaker 5: Now, Joey Messina, Yeah, did you say that? I thought you said.
Speaker 4: No, I didn't.
Speaker 10: It did sound like an echo something.
Speaker 5: I'm so happy you're here.
Speaker 9: I'm happy to be here.
Speaker 5: We have a lot of stuff to talk about. I would first, have you seen the video that I made you never mind never Mind? No, no, no, no, no no. If you haven't seen it yet, then maybe you're not supposed to know about it.
Speaker 9: Oh I'm not supposed to know about it.
Speaker 5: No, it's not the anniversary of your record never Mind I'm not saying I'm not going to say anything about it. I just shouldn't have said anything. I was just gonna make a point about something. How you doing, Jody.
Speaker 14: A minute?
Speaker 9: What's going on?
Speaker 5: You're about to have a big anniversary for your first album? Yes, how many years?
Speaker 9: Thirty?
Speaker 5: Yeah, which is pretty great. And so if you haven't seen it yet, I will tell you. I did a whole video talking about it and what it meant to me and all of that. But if you haven't seen it yet, one day you'll see it.
Speaker 11: I haven't seen it, then.
Speaker 5: I'll just leave it there. It was only me, Okay, okay, I have a lot of questions for you.
Speaker 9: Oh go go, I'm ready.
Speaker 5: I'm ready.
Speaker 9: First of all, you know I love you.
Speaker 5: It's I could not hold a mirror and say it back to one hundred times over. So you're so awesome.
Speaker 9: Same to you, and I follow you and I just support you, and you know that.
Speaker 5: Thank you.
Speaker 11: You've gotten messages for me.
Speaker 8: Thank you? Can I do?
Speaker 11: I just said you're just such a jewel.
Speaker 5: Well, thank you. This is not about me. I want to make it about you.
Speaker 11: Oh, let's make it about you.
Speaker 5: What is it? Is it cool to be like TikTok famous because you are you are. Your stuff goes viral all the time. People love you on TikTok. It's like a whole new age of people that get to like experience what we got to.
Speaker 9: Experience, the crazy dances, just all of it.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 9: Well, we have a fun thing we and we haven't put it up yet. But last weekend we played in California and the guy that choreographed all the snow back when I always like had dancers and everything lived out there and he choreographed a new dance to one of the hits, and so we recorded that while we were out doing a festival this weekend.
Speaker 5: Your stuff pops thanks, Yeah, like you do you do? You keep track of what your videos do, like like seventy sometimes.
Speaker 9: But it's we're moving so fast and now everything's getting really busy.
Speaker 5: So and this is the first record like new new music, right.
Speaker 9: Yes, in a long time, over over ten years now. I released something I think in twenty.
Speaker 5: Fourteen, not a full record though, like just.
Speaker 9: Like a go fundme or whatever. It was a kickstarter.
Speaker 11: I don't even know what they're.
Speaker 9: Doing business, I don't know, so something like that, but.
Speaker 11: A major release label thing.
Speaker 9: The last thing that came out I think was my give it I'm bus said, was it two thousand and seven? Yeah, it's a long time.
Speaker 5: What does it feel like to put out a new project because it's been again we have done a full project. Is there are their nerves? Is it excitement?
Speaker 8: Is it both?
Speaker 9: Both?
Speaker 5: Are there expectations from other people?
Speaker 11: Yes?
Speaker 5: What do you mean? What do you mean?
Speaker 11: You know, just other people or.
Speaker 9: Have expectations for it, and so you don't want to let people down, especially those that are working really hard on it, you know, and with the marketing and the promotion and that kind of stuff.
Speaker 11: So I'm just.
Speaker 9: Happy to be here, Bobby, you know that Earth or in the studio just.
Speaker 11: The studio of course and Earth No.
Speaker 9: Literally every morning, I mean I'm like, this morning I sat outside and I was like, God, thank you for today. I get today.
Speaker 5: Well, today's big da because the singles out. Yes, the new album will be out the summer, but the new song is out, and so we're going to play some bridges. So this feels like it feels like it will. Yes, it feels like a wisdom song.
Speaker 9: It is.
Speaker 5: Tell me about it.
Speaker 9: Well, you know, we grew up as you're growing up, or always told you know, don't be burning bridges. Don't burn the bridges. You know, oh I know they you know, Like with my kids, I'm like, don't don't be rude to those hockey players in rec hockey because you don't want to burn those bridges because they'll probably be on your team next year. Or you know, be respectful to the coach. Don't be burning bridges because you know you might run into them. Whatever, and we're told, don't burn bridges you because you're not going to find you back. And or if you take chances, which is so funny because I'm looking at your book and fail until you don't if you don't take chance. If you take chances, oh you're gonna you know, you might end up off track. You know, you might make a mistake, you might fail. And it's like you sometimes you have to fail, you know, sometimes you and sometimes you have to burn bridges if they lead you back to a place that is harmful to you or where you lose yourself, it's not it's not worthy.
Speaker 5: Did you feel like this was the single when you wrote it or did you get all the songs together and then go this is.
Speaker 9: The one, Bobby, did we send you a link for the album?
Speaker 5: Why do you say that it's loaded?
Speaker 9: So I let someone else pick it because I was like, oh I love this one.
Speaker 11: Oh I love this one.
Speaker 9: Oh I love this So I was, yeah, They're like, boom, let's come out with this one. But so I wasn't.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, So I have other things to talk about. I want to go to Amy first. What song comes to mind? If I just say, Jody Messina, what's what song first comes to mind? Of all of them?
Speaker 10: I mean it's got to be Heads Carolina.
Speaker 5: Would you think that's common? Is it? Most? Is it is that with most people? Because I think bye Bye to Me is the one that comes to my first.
Speaker 10: Good one.
Speaker 6: I was trying to see if another would come to me, but then that wouldn't be fair because then that the first one was Heads Carolina.
Speaker 5: What do you think the first one is the people?
Speaker 9: Probably right now Heads Carolina because of its resurgence, Yeah, because of its resurgence and all with cold.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 9: But but if you look at you know, what people are playing from my catalog, I think bye Bye was first.
Speaker 11: Then I'm all right, then Heads Carolina is.
Speaker 9: Yeah, there's a lot of them. Then lesson leaving and stamp beside me on the rain.
Speaker 10: Then.
Speaker 5: Sings all your songs back Amy and here Amy, go ahead, O.
Speaker 6: Somebody's gonna give you a lesson and leave, and somebody he's gonna give you back and hold.
Speaker 9: Then I'm around to watch you knock it down.
Speaker 5: That's it.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I threw you off.
Speaker 5: Sorry, No, it's no trust me. You didn't throw trust me. That's not it at all. Are you still living away from here?
Speaker 9: I live here? No, Now I went. I didn't. I don't talk about this a lot.
Speaker 5: But don't you it's you? No, no, no, okay.
Speaker 9: I love to Georgia. For a few years. I went down there. Originally, Cancer Treatment Centers of America was down there. They had one in Atlanta and one in Minneapolis. They don't exist anymore, but anyways, that's why I went there, and I was there for a few years, and now I'm back.
Speaker 5: How's how's your health?
Speaker 9: It's good right now? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Monitoring always once a year.
Speaker 9: No, No, I'm to the point where it's once a year. I go on and get checked the blood work and scans if needed or whatever.
Speaker 5: How do you feel physically?
Speaker 9: Pretty?
Speaker 5: Good Yeah, good days. Not good days.
Speaker 9: No, Well, the day after leg day or the second day after leg day.
Speaker 11: I train every day for I train every day for what?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 11: Wait, train like list?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 5: I know because I say that and I tell them my train, They're like, why are you train? And I'm like, I don't know.
Speaker 6: Apocalypse No, Bobby, he but you act like you're training to be a pro athlete, like we're it's like we're training for life, like osteoporosis.
Speaker 9: Well, actually I'm going for a look, but you're taking longer. It's taking a lot longer.
Speaker 5: And I wanted maybe it was projecting right there.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well lifting is very important for our bone house.
Speaker 9: It's women, it's and just yeah. I have kids, and you'll find this out. It's a lot of energy to came up with them. So yeah, and I'm going to start running with my fourteen year old. I used to be a big time runner. I ran Boston Marathon, Chicago. I didn't qualify, Bobby, you just got on ran.
Speaker 11: I was invited to.
Speaker 9: Run because I'm from Boston, so I would never have qualified. I'm way too slow.
Speaker 10: What was your time?
Speaker 9: I was? If you go look at that year, I am the second to last, only before my brother, who let me cross the line first. Because they cut it off at six hours. I think we're five hours and fifty nine minutes. I pulled my it band at mile six, so I'd have to stop every like mile or so and let my leg loosen up, let that muscle loosen up, and then start again. But I did finish it.
Speaker 5: Did you see them shutting down and you're just trying to beat them shutting down, taking all the all the stuff off. I think they were waiting, but.
Speaker 9: They're like, keep going, keep going, because there was like news cruise when I crossed the finish line, and that was the last thing you want to do is talk to somebody when you've been running for six hours.
Speaker 5: You were a marathon runner.
Speaker 9: Uh yeah, I mean I was never fast. It's kind of the story of my life. You just keep going, You just keep going, You just keep going, keep going again. I'm going to reference your book.
Speaker 11: I love it.
Speaker 5: Thank you bite on Amazon. Everybody I know, well until you don't. So how many did you do? You did Boston, Chicago, Chicago?
Speaker 9: I did the whole Chicago, I did the half of San Antonio, cross the finish line, walked on stage and played the show. It was a rock and roll marathon, so they have a concert at the end. I was it. So I had to finish my half marathon before this that started.
Speaker 5: So that was a little but you knew that was like you knew.
Speaker 11: Oh yeah, oh yeah, they hired me to go down there.
Speaker 5: But you knew you were gonna run it and then play. Yes, how was that was that hard to do?
Speaker 9: It was okay, It was okay. You know, my legs started to feel a little jellowy towards the middle of the show.
Speaker 5: And then that's crazy that you do that. You're doing a lot of shows. I was looking at your tour schedule. It's part of I would imagine being in shape helps you do like a more active show.
Speaker 9: Right, Yes, my show is very active.
Speaker 5: What do you mean by that?
Speaker 11: I don't stand still.
Speaker 9: I'm like, there's two songs where I play a guitar on and that's about the stillest I get.
Speaker 11: And then other than that, I'm running around.
Speaker 9: I'm headbanging is you'll see a lot of pictures my hair flying.
Speaker 11: What do you do as your not a beauty show by any means.
Speaker 5: I want to spoil it, but what do you do. You have so many big songs. What's the what do you do as your final song?
Speaker 11: Final song of the night?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Is this a spoiler?
Speaker 11: No, it's not my song.
Speaker 9: Okay, I give a little pep talk to the audience. I'm like, if you have dreams and the things that you want to do, surround yourself with positive people.
Speaker 5: Can I guess then yeah, give me the pep talk.
Speaker 9: I okay, Oh well it ends with okay. So I mentioned you know, if you have something that you want to do, don't surround yourself with naysayers, because there's plenty of people that will say, well, that won't work. Because and I always tell my team, I'm like, please don't tell me, Why not tell me how you want people? And I'm like, look, God's word tells us that the tongue has the power of life and death.
Speaker 11: You either have people around you.
Speaker 9: That are like, oh, yeah, well not sure that's going to work out, or that's dumb, nobody's doing that, or you have people that are like, you can do it, You've got this. No, And I do say to the audience, I'm like, I'm not saying you're the greatest in the world. I was never said My sister was my greatest support. She's like fifteen years older than me, and she never was like, oh, you're such a great singer. She's just like, you just got to keep going. And I remember I got turned down by a record label in Nashville. They said it was too fat, and I.
Speaker 5: Was like, actually said that.
Speaker 9: They told my pretty said that, oh if she was ten pounds to the lighter, my designer is what they said.
Speaker 11: So and I was devastated.
Speaker 9: And she's like, I said that I did this showcase and I didn't get the record daily passed and she's like yes.
Speaker 11: I was like, what do you mean yes, She's like.
Speaker 9: Oh, they say you have to get passed on a thousand times before you get a deal. She's like, now you only have nine hundred and ninety nine leves. Just keep going, Just keep going. And I was like, and whatever you do, don't stop believing.
Speaker 5: Oh, well, now we know the song, don't stop believing that's the end. Well yeah, but you could you could have not said that part.
Speaker 4: I would.
Speaker 9: I don't say the name was in it.
Speaker 5: You know what. I was going to guess though the climb Miley Cyrus, that was gonna be my guest at.
Speaker 9: You's gonna be up and bad, always going on. Make you move. Hey, the hand of Montana thing is coming back. We gotta do the dance.
Speaker 11: Did you see that on TikTok?
Speaker 9: That only took us four hours till burn it.
Speaker 5: So you'll practice, you'll practice a long time for your tiktoks.
Speaker 9: Well, that one was long. I never I didn't know it at all, and then we learned it. We're on the road, boy, my.
Speaker 10: Legs are so the next day the hand them Montana dance.
Speaker 5: Who says to you, this should be the next TikTok that we do.
Speaker 9: I don't know.
Speaker 11: I don't know if we do.
Speaker 5: You doom scroll on TikTok?
Speaker 11: I don't. I don't have time to scroll.
Speaker 9: But uh, the one that dances with me sometimes we'll have suggestions.
Speaker 11: Yeah, probably he would be the most.
Speaker 5: When you moved to town, how long until you had any sort of traction at all?
Speaker 9: Four years?
Speaker 5: Did that four years feel like forty years?
Speaker 3: It did?
Speaker 9: I remember? My first year was all about trying to survive, finding a place to live, pay in the bills, like, I didn't sing, and there weren't as many places. We didn't have Broadway Broadway was Tutsi's.
Speaker 11: I think that was it.
Speaker 9: And then Ernest Tabs Record Shop or whatever. It wasn't like fifty thousand bars with you know, open twenty four hours and different shifts or whatever, so there wasn't a lot of places to sing back.
Speaker 5: Then once he got here, where did you sing?
Speaker 9: Then talent nights I'd perform. I needed money for rent, so I would do the talent contests.
Speaker 5: Oh, you would try to win? Did you win?
Speaker 9: Yes? Yes I did, And that's how I got my start. I want a chance to perform on a radio show as well. And then the radio show had me back every Saturday night. It was called Live Libby's from Daysville, Kentucky. It's gone, but that's where my producer, Barron Gallimore heard me, who was producing Tim McGrath at the time, and then I took a meeting with him and then he's like, hey, let's work on a demo.
Speaker 5: So what would you sing to win these competitions? Because I like, what was your go to? Oh my gosh, rumor has it not all?
Speaker 9: Rumor? Has it you?
Speaker 5: And would you know they would that you'd melt them with that?
Speaker 9: No? I was always terrified. Yeah, I was always did you lose?
Speaker 5: Yeah, did you lose? Did you ever lose? Anybody else to ended up making in it?
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 9: There was one girl that I had done something with a long time. We were on a competition and she is nasty.
Speaker 3: She is mean.
Speaker 9: And then later after I had so Carolina came out. She got a record deal, but it didn't work out so good. I didn't say.
Speaker 1: That I did good good, but she's so mean good.
Speaker 11: She had money I didn't.
Speaker 9: So she had like the fancy guitar on the fancy clothes and was like, yeah, you're like ugh, And so she's just not nice.
Speaker 5: How does somebody from Massachusetts, That's exactly what I was going to ask you, how did they get into country music?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 9: I had gone to a boarding school and there were kids from all over the country there, and one of them was from like the South and would listen to country music. And I just loved it because I was like, Oh, they're singing about me there, singing about my life, and so I would gravitate towards that.
Speaker 5: Even though you lived in Massachusetts, like your rural Massachusetts.
Speaker 9: About thirty thirty miles outside of Boston.
Speaker 5: Then how was it your life? What would you hear that? Would would I.
Speaker 9: Hear baby alone?
Speaker 4: When I told you I could walk away?
Speaker 9: Remember that one? No, No, it's a song.
Speaker 5: I know a song.
Speaker 9: Break it to me gently, remember that.
Speaker 5: No one, No, I think Amy's hybriding.
Speaker 10: Now No, I feel like I recommend.
Speaker 9: And then I remember Alabama came out with Rule and I was like, oh, this is so cool.
Speaker 11: And the judge that Judgs came out too.
Speaker 5: Love that wear a lot of Judge in my house, my mom and my grandma. It was all Judgs all the time.
Speaker 9: Yeah. Then that I loved it, and so I gravitated towards.
Speaker 5: Were you singing in high school? Like in school I was.
Speaker 9: I started performing out in clubs when I was thirteen or fourteen.
Speaker 11: My mother would drive me. I'd sleep through class.
Speaker 9: It is not advice for those listening, but anyways, my mom would drive me out to open mic nights and I'd sit in with bands, and then my brother and my sister and myself put a band together, and then I'd ride with my older siblings.
Speaker 5: You had a family band kind of Yeah.
Speaker 9: We hired a guitar player, but my sister played the bass, my brother played the drums.
Speaker 5: Did they not want to pursue it further because they didn't move down for music, did they.
Speaker 9: They did not. They live here or now, but they did not. I think, you know, it was just a time where you just got to get a real job.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 9: And so my brothers had the same job since he was eighteen when he's a little older now, and like he was programming computers for the government or something, you know what I mean. He was a computer programmer and does that still to this day, same job, same never left that job.
Speaker 5: I My theory is there has to be a screw loose to even pursue what this is, right, it's got to be the right screw. But to pursue any sort of art, there's got to be a screw loose, yeah, because you have to have like this wild belief in yourself that even other people may not have. Like you have to believe in yourself so much.
Speaker 11: Do you just in yourself or do you just have to want the dream?
Speaker 5: It can be? But I don't think you can even understand the want of it if you don't believe in yourself.
Speaker 9: Really, because I'm really insecure.
Speaker 5: Even today, but I'm really insecure too. I think insecurity fuels me, I'm embarrassed by everything that I do. It's a weird juxposition of I believe in myself more than anybody ever, but also hate everything about.
Speaker 9: Me, right, I hear you. I didn't mean that, and I didn't mean way. She like, I hate yet, No, no, but I get it because you know, I'm looking at myself in the whatever in the room. I got my picture taken next to yours sign and I was like, I look awful. You know what I mean. You're your own worst critic, and so that that circle just keeps going on and on in your head, even when you're standing in front of tens of thousands of people. I remember playing on Texas Stadium for the first time, and I stood there at the edge of the stage and people were like screaming and cheering. It was so loud it like rumbled the stage, and I'm like, what am I doing here? Like I don't belong here? Like did they? And none of these people realize.
Speaker 5: That, and you can't let them out know that you're thinking.
Speaker 11: That, yeah, well I didn't.
Speaker 5: Now, Yeah, I think that. I think that happens with a lot of artists though, that when you for me, especially when I got to a point you start to go, man, I don't like this is kind of crazy. I don't know if I'm actually good enough, but I believe I at least believed I was good enough at some point.
Speaker 9: I think there's a point of gratitude too, where the gratitude kicks in. So if you go see my show now, it isn't really hey, look at me, I'm up here. It's like, oh my gosh, we're gonna have so much fun, you know, and I do.
Speaker 11: We have a blast with the audience.
Speaker 5: But for you to move down here, uh huh and want to be a singer and also have to have a job to make money again, you didn't have the benefit of having your bills paid for and still pursuing this, like there's there's a there's a small screw loose. To think you could do that, I think it was naive. It was that's a superpower.
Speaker 6: Though.
Speaker 9: If I knew that everyone that I ran into in town was in town for the same reason, I probably my insecurity would have kicked in and I'd be like, no, no, no, I can't compete with all those people, right, But I didn't know, so I was like, oh, I have an order to get a record deal, I gotta go to Nashville. So okay, I'm going to Nashville, me and fifty thousand other people.
Speaker 5: Did you get down and see other people and go, oh wow, the competition is pretty tough.
Speaker 11: Yeah, they're talented. Oh yeah.
Speaker 9: I'd go to these talent contests and I'd be like, oh, I'll just put my name on the list, something to do.
Speaker 5: Did you ever almost go home?
Speaker 9: No, because I loved to sing. I loved to perform. So that's what would fuel me and keep me in the room, was my chance to sing.
Speaker 6: That record label story is still thinking about them that said you were ten.
Speaker 11: Pounds if I was ten or they would have signed me like that.
Speaker 6: Like whenever you did get your first hit, did you ever think, like, you know, having like a pretty woman moment with them of like big mistake, huge, Like I have to go make music now I cance on thinking about how I mean? I know that's the reality for a lot of women in the business pop country. We've heard a lot of people, especially now that they're older, they're like, oh yeah, when I was first starting out, I heard this from my record label.
Speaker 10: This from my management team.
Speaker 11: I wasn't to wear my hair this way. I had to wear these clothes.
Speaker 9: I had to.
Speaker 10: Yeah, So, I mean, I don't know, did you just like let it go or.
Speaker 9: It's thirty years later I'm still talking about it.
Speaker 10: I didn't let it go, or like you run into them like kind.
Speaker 5: Of just you actel like it's not happening now too.
Speaker 10: Oh yeah, no, I'm sure.
Speaker 6: I guess I just have a little bit of hope that maybe we progressed a little bit. But you're right, we probably as much as I would like to think that still happen.
Speaker 9: Actually, on my record, there is I was talking to an artist and she's.
Speaker 11: Like, man, I just you know, I can't do this.
Speaker 5: I can't do that.
Speaker 3: I just oh.
Speaker 9: She's like exhausted, and I said, whatever you do, don't let them hide you're beautiful. And then we wrote a song that's actually a song on the album.
Speaker 5: I believe it's track three.
Speaker 11: Oh yeah, there you go, you know everything.
Speaker 9: But yeah, that's where that song came from, with someone being told by everyone else, no, this is what you need to do, this is how you have to look, this is what you should do, this is where you should be, this is you know, and it's like none of it's me? You know what are they selling? It's not me?
Speaker 11: And I was like, well, don't let them hide you're beautiful.
Speaker 5: Was there a time when you got to town where you had so much success that you started to feel a bit bulletproof because you had you had a run like a multi week that's like never been done before, where it's like number one for multi week, number one for multi week, number for multi week.
Speaker 9: Well, and that's the thing in when you're I remember Byron Gallamar telling me my producers saying, I was like, oh man, it would be so great to have a number one record, and he goes, yeah, but then you gotta have another one. And so you were so in the chase for the next one for me, and then again you're insecure, right so you're like, oh, gosh, I gotta have another one or else I'm done or else. What I remember, Downtime came out and it peaked at number or eight. What I would do for a number eight song right now? Not really, I mean, but it would be such a thrill to have her number eight song, right I'd be like, oh my gosh. But as soon as that song maxed out at number eight, they're like, well, she's done, she's done, she's over again. That was like probably twenty years ago, but still at that point, you know, everyone was so disappointed, and I felt like they were disappointed in me. I was like, I am a failure. I am you know. So I don't know that there ever was a point where I felt bulletproof. Now.
Speaker 11: It was always about working harder.
Speaker 5: If you could do it again, or you could tell you back then, like right when it was starting to hit, like right before you get your first number one, you have a deal, what advice would you give yourself? Then?
Speaker 9: I always say this, don't sell out who you are just to be successful.
Speaker 5: Do you feel like you did that?
Speaker 9: I think there were moments, yes where I did that, and then I would look at pictures and be like, oh boy, I remember that.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 9: There there's a point where I was myself. Then we went had some success, and then all of a sudden, the people would flock and.
Speaker 11: Be like wear this, do that.
Speaker 9: We had a photo shoot and I remember looking at these photos. My hair was bone straight long down to hear all these like coutore clothes and I was like, I don't know who that is, and they're like, oh, but you look beautiful. I'm like, yeah, but I don't know who she is, Like, I don't know who that is? Who is that I can't I said, I don't go to Kroger looking like this. You know, people they would never see me look like that, you know, and I can't sell them. Why would I represent something that I'm not? Ooh, which that was a then then back then it was like, oh, you're being difficult. Oh she's hard to work with, and it was really just I can't pretend. I can't pretend to be something that I'm not.
Speaker 5: Were there a group of women that kind of had each other's back? Did you have it at all? Or was it so competitive?
Speaker 11: No, it wasn't.
Speaker 9: I don't know that it was like backbiting competitive. And I don't even know if it's that way now. I think a lot of social media creates those scenarios where it's like I see all these girls and just I love them. Be course, I'm a little older, so I'm gonna you know, they don't see me as like I want to get out of my way. But I think at that point, again, I was just running so hard for the end zone that I didn't really I'm always on the road. I was always, you know, touring always, or in the studio or whatever. I didn't have time to be like, hey, how's it going. And I was terrified, you know what? Actually, okay, back to the insecurity. There was one one award show I remember I shared a dressing room with Trisha Yarwood, Martine McBride, faith Hill.
Speaker 11: You would talk about beautiful women.
Speaker 9: Colley stand next to faith Hill.
Speaker 11: I never will.
Speaker 9: She's still stunning. And I had a curtained off section in the back corner and I didn't come out. I was just I did not feel worthy enough to be in the room with those girls. And so they but they read it probably this is just that, Oh she thinks she's all that, and I wasn't all that. I was just like, oh my gosh, I'm hiding from these beautiful, talented girls. So it wasn't it wasn't cutthroat or anything. It was just keep your eye on your own on your own game.
Speaker 5: At that point when you decide that you're going to do a new album or was it an album, because it could have just been a couple songs, and it kept growing, like what was this?
Speaker 9: It turned out I started writing a lot with people in town, and then someone's like, you should record this, you should record this, this is a hit, you should record this, And then it just started to roll into a full project because I was like, well, I don't you know, I'm just here to write. I just love to write, you know, I'm still out touring, always been touring.
Speaker 11: And so then they.
Speaker 9: Were like, you should really put this together as a as a record, and I was like, I don't know if anyone who wants to hear a record for me, and they're like, just do it, so we did.
Speaker 5: So have you put any expectations on yourself with this record?
Speaker 4: You?
Speaker 5: I'm asking you again, not anybody else like it? Or has the expectation been met already by just creating it.
Speaker 11: I would love to hear how people like yourself.
Speaker 9: Like the record.
Speaker 11: You know, of course you're always so kind, so you wouldn't be like.
Speaker 9: Well this sucks so not to my face, but I'd love to hear that because I wrote everything on the record, and it's never happened before. I've never written every and never been able to like pour my entire guts into an album. And that's the difference between now and then or then and now or whatever. Is a lot of stuff that I recorded was written by other people and staff writers at certain places where that were the great songwriters. Nowadays, the artists write most of their records, and I was like.
Speaker 5: Oh, can I do that?
Speaker 9: I can do that. This is great. So this is the first time I've ever had a writ There's one song I didn't write, but for the rest of the record, I wrote everything on there.
Speaker 5: So this is way more vulnerable, I think than you've ever been as far as a creator.
Speaker 11: Probably.
Speaker 9: Yeah, there's a song on there. Yeah, there's a song. I share this in the live show. It's called If He Knew Jesus. And it came out of a conversation that I had with somebody and they're like, oh, you know, would you ever consider you know?
Speaker 11: Oh it was so and so and this.
Speaker 9: I was like, oh no, no, no, no, they gotta love Jesus, I said, because I've.
Speaker 11: Been down that road.
Speaker 9: And so I walked into the writing room and I said, I have an idea. I said, what if we wrote and I'm gonna start crying. I said, I have this idea of a song and it and it just starts off, well, if He Knew Jesus, there'd be no raisin.
Speaker 11: These babies alone.
Speaker 3: And so I start.
Speaker 9: Again started crying like I'm crying here, sorry, And the guys looked at me and they're like, oh man, it's gonna be a long day.
Speaker 5: But it wasn't. But they knew that was a song. But that's what they meant though, right, like see me a long day because they're gonna write that song with you.
Speaker 9: Well they're well, just because they're like, oh man, we gotta deal with her emotion.
Speaker 11: But we made it through. We made it through.
Speaker 9: And then there's a there's a verse in the I'm sorry the bridge that's like Willie might go to church know the words in the Bible, but only if he knew the man or whatever. And then one of the guys was like, Okay, this is making me second guess myself here.
Speaker 5: So it was just the found salvation in your writing.
Speaker 9: Oh that's my that is my hope. What is your big What is my biggest hope for this project? And I'll be really really honest is and it might be too honest and you can edit it out if you want.
Speaker 11: Is to be.
Speaker 9: Relevant enough to share the gospel with people behind the scenes, you know my heart on that.
Speaker 5: What do you mean behind the scenes, Well.
Speaker 11: You know, I think because.
Speaker 9: Like a lot of the new artists, I want to be a safe place for them to go when they're like, oh my gosh, how do I handle all this? Because they're inundated with requests and demands and requirements and all this other stuff, and it's like an opportunity to say, hold on a second, you're okay, You're okay. I just did a show with Carter Faith and I was like, here's my number. Things are about to get crazy for you, and if you need a safe space, please call me.
Speaker 11: And that's what I want.
Speaker 9: That's my heart's desire is to be a safe place for people who are spinning around so fast within the industry that they need to step away for a second, you know, just realize who they who they really are in the midst of it.
Speaker 5: Why would we edit that out?
Speaker 11: Oh I don't know.
Speaker 9: I don't like to talk about. But that's that's my heart because that's what happened with me. I know the road that they're walking. I know that the demands that are that are on them and the expectation on an everyday basis. I know what it's like to have things said that aren't necessarily accurate, and it's hurts. It hurts, and so you start to get a hard heart, and then you start to get you know, a little bit feistier and a little bit and then before you know it, you're you don't even know who you are anymore. And so just someone that understands what they're walking through and can give them a safe place to just decompress and be themselves, that's awesome.
Speaker 11: That's my heart.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Did CMT make being famous easier and harder? In what way people knew who you were because of videos?
Speaker 9: Videos?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 9: I don't know the easier or harder or both.
Speaker 5: But easier because they now knew who you were as a face. For harder because now you had to deal with the fame. Because there weren't really a lot of until CMT or MTV. Sometimes you wouldn't know what an RS look like.
Speaker 9: Right. Hence the Christopher Cross, you know, syndrome that happened. There was a big singer in a named Christopher Cross. And then someone said as soon as the video aspect came out, you know, that's when he lost some traction. And I was like, well that doesn't seem fair, but it did put a lot of expectation on the way you carry yourself and the way you know you have to look and et cetera. It did put all that added pressure on you, but also it was good for you know, people recognizing you and familiarity in the sense of getting his shows and getting work.
Speaker 5: Did you ever have like valets handing you music and stuff all the time?
Speaker 11: Still I dropped stuff in my mail in.
Speaker 5: Your mailbox, I got your home. Yes, Oh no, I don't like it.
Speaker 9: I like. The latest was the insect guy that came over and he's like, hey, yeah, so here will you go check out myself on this website pest control like pest control, Yes, the insect guy he is a.
Speaker 6: Singer too, sounds like right, But was he pest controlling my house?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 9: And then he spread the house Okay, he was like, and don't forget listen to myself.
Speaker 10: I mean, I guess.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 6: They show up and then they realized like, okay, whoa, this is Jody Messina's house.
Speaker 10: Like maybe I should choot my shot, but.
Speaker 9: What can I do? I'm like, I can't do anything for myself.
Speaker 15: I don't know.
Speaker 5: That's not true. That's funny, but that's not true.
Speaker 9: It's kind of true, right.
Speaker 5: I don't think so, because you play these shows where tons of people come you're you're again. I made the comment earlier, You're now TikTok relevant, which is hard, the hardest thing to be, Like, you just have all these different different avenues because fame is so fractured now. It is more fractured than I've ever seen it. Somebody could be famous to somebody and then the person next to them has no idea who they are. Yet this person is freaking out because this person that they follow, And so I think you're You're now so tucked strongly into these areas of like new versions of fame. Like I see people freaking out about you on TikTok and I'm like, oh, dang, this is like a whole different world of fame versus what the fame that you have had for the past twenty twenty five thirty years or so.
Speaker 9: You're right. I love that that it's fractured because it used to be you know, so many TV shows and everyone would watch them and everyone either had new them or didn't you know what I mean. It was like, it's not like you know you now have you find your celebrity here, or you find your music there, or you find you know.
Speaker 11: So that's a great way of describing that. It's so great.
Speaker 9: But I love it in the sense of people are like, well, we think your demographic is da da da da, and then you come to and a lot of these people don't come to the show. So my old thing is look at the first fifty rows. Yeah, I'm like, we got six year olds with their moms and their grandmother's so we're coming. So I think with all those different social media platforms, we're able to hit different demographics. And you know what, these kids still love Bye Bye, and they still love I'm all Right, and they are singing it so light. It's crazy the way they find music now. They're singing like deep cuts all the words. I'm like, I don't even know the words.
Speaker 5: So that's why I you were being too harsh on yourself when you said you can't even do things for you. You're doing massive, great, wonderful things right now.
Speaker 9: I think I live in a bubble, so like I just post my little through my little dance, you know, and I then I go bring my kids to school and that's true. You know, I'm at the rink. I'm at the hockey rink or whatever.
Speaker 5: Kids play hockey.
Speaker 9: Yes, so I see Dirk's Bentley quite a bit.
Speaker 5: Do you play against Dirk's kids or the same team?
Speaker 9: Well, his kids are younger, it's sunning younger. So but there, you know, it's so funny. One time I was like, are you at the rink?
Speaker 11: At textative?
Speaker 9: And he texted me back He's like, I'm always at the rink.
Speaker 5: I'm like, I get you. So do your kids play hockey because they have fallen in love with it because of Nashville or because you come from a hockey place and you pass it down the road.
Speaker 9: They discovered it on the run. They discovered it when we lived in Georgia. They started with inline hockey, which.
Speaker 5: I don't know what that is, like a roller blade.
Speaker 9: Got it and then they wanted to play ice. So when we moved back here, they play ice hockey.
Speaker 5: Disc too cold for me? You think if I got to wear a coat to go watch a game, ain't for me?
Speaker 9: Well, sometimes you don't have to wear a coat, but sometimes, you know, sometimes they keep those rinks.
Speaker 5: Do you travel or you travel parent?
Speaker 9: No? Because I travel for work, so my kids were not able to try out for the travel teams.
Speaker 5: That's probably better.
Speaker 9: Well, yeah, and I wasn't gonna let him, like, Hey, you go to you know, Detroit by yourself with people that I don't know and all that stuff.
Speaker 5: But well, I'm so happy that one you're here. You have a box of gifts. Do you I mean, do you want to give it to us now or do you want to give it to us after? I don't know what it is.
Speaker 11: Oh, it would be on the high it would be on the air.
Speaker 15: Luck.
Speaker 9: You could see my pants.
Speaker 5: Know your pants are awesome.
Speaker 9: I wear happy pants. I lead worship at a school and so there's eighteen months to eighth grade kids that I lead worship with and I always wear my happy pants for them. Mostly the middle school. We could care less, but the little ones like my pants.
Speaker 5: And we're like your little ones were We act like it's our whole situation here.
Speaker 9: Did you get to all your questions?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 5: I could just for two hours?
Speaker 9: Oh I can. We can fire them.
Speaker 11: I'll tend words less.
Speaker 5: Did you ever, like way back in the day, talk about doing dancing with the stars?
Speaker 9: Oh? My yes, yeah, they never I wasn't ever.
Speaker 5: But did they not approach they approach you or now they never approached you about it?
Speaker 9: No, they I've got I went out there a few times too so to support people, and they still never call. See okay, I'd like to say maybe they saw my TikTok it.
Speaker 5: Hasn't been up long enough. I think I think you would be excellent for the show. Oh i'd love Do you do it now?
Speaker 15: Oh?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 11: It would be fun.
Speaker 5: Okay, I mean I know people, so I'll just send out a text and be like hey, Because they do look for different areas, right they look for somebody in country music every other year. They do look for like an athlete. And I'll just be like, hey, keep jodyn Seeing in mind. If you wouldn't mind me doing that, I'll go for it. I don't want to do that, and then go for it.
Speaker 9: It'd be fun because if.
Speaker 5: They came to and you said no, then I'd look bad. Then I'd have to be like boycott d.
Speaker 9: I don't even have a response. Okay, the boycott thing. I thought i'd have a quick comeback. I needn't.
Speaker 5: The album just is out this summer. I don't know what that means. Any date yet, which when you just want to wait.
Speaker 9: Yeah, if Sarah Sarah, what do you think?
Speaker 5: You don't have to say it now you can tell.
Speaker 9: You Sarah's like the mastermind behind all the marketing.
Speaker 5: I just heard way their close to confirmings. I don't say yeah, okay, I heard in my ear.
Speaker 11: Oh yeah, there is something in the works there.
Speaker 5: Do you play any of the new shows live?
Speaker 11: Now that it's out, We're going to do the whole song.
Speaker 5: That's awesome, but people.
Speaker 9: Were so frustrated because I would just do a little bit of the chorus and then the hook and then would end it, and they're like, no, they've never heard the whole thing.
Speaker 11: Till your show.
Speaker 5: Amy. Any question for Jodie before she goes.
Speaker 10: Yeah, well your energy, Like where does that come from?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: How do you do it?
Speaker 11: Like gratitude?
Speaker 10: I think, oh yeah, okay, so it's just pure like like it's joy.
Speaker 6: It's not there's a happiness joy content Like would you describe yourself as content?
Speaker 9: I somebody said why has it taken ten years? And I was like, well, I don't know. I've just kind of been content.
Speaker 11: You know, I'm happy. So when I say I'm happy to be here.
Speaker 9: I'm happy to be here at the Bobby Bones Show and happy to be here.
Speaker 10: You know, well, there is just different energy about you.
Speaker 6: Like sometimes people come in and they're happy and it feels a little manufactured or just like they're putting on and like you're just like I feel the energy.
Speaker 9: So that's that's Jesus. That joy, that joy that comes from within. Is not like, oh, he makes me so happy because he gave me a new car.
Speaker 11: I don't have a new car. He bought it used, it's five years older.
Speaker 9: But it isn't that. It's not happy. Happiness is depending on your situation. It's a joy where and perspective too. Just grateful and grateful I get to sit here with you. I'm like, that's a gift, that it really is. And you know that I love you and I see maybe once every couple of years, and it's so so this moment is awesome.
Speaker 5: It's weird. Just do you say that, because you're right, that's absolutely right. But I social media allows you to feel like you're closer to somebody because we know each other. But I see all the sid that you're doing, so I don't I don't feel like it's been a couple of years. But you're right, I think since we've hugged each other, it's been a couple of years. Yeah, but I do like keep up so it doesn't feel like we're so disconnected. And I also feel like I could just message and me like, hey, what up?
Speaker 9: Yeah, I said, Bobby messages.
Speaker 5: That's not weird. That's because that's because we know each other.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I like to think.
Speaker 9: I like to think so because there are moments where I just reach out or I think when you announced, when you guys made your announcement, I was like, hang on, brother, where it's about to change.
Speaker 5: My wife getting pregnant?
Speaker 9: Yes, yeah, because let me tell you, there's a part of your heart. You love your wife and you think you know what love feels like, but there's a part of your heart that you don't even know exists until that child comes and then you're.
Speaker 3: Like where what is this?
Speaker 11: Where did this come from?
Speaker 9: You know? And so I'm so excited for thank you because you're such a good guy.
Speaker 5: Well I appreciate you saying that. Thank you very much. You're the best. We love having you in. We can't wait for the album, and everybody check out Strain the new song some Bridges. She's going to play it in her live shows. And you're again. I looked at your tor schedule. You have so many shows, so go to Jodymasina dot com shows all the way up until October.
Speaker 9: Oh yeah, follow me on socials. You'll get to see my dance.
Speaker 5: Thank you, Jody Messina. Jody, great to see you. Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: It's the Best Bits of the Week with Morgan. Number two.
Speaker 2: That wraps up for me this weekend. Thanks for catching up with the show again. Check out part one, Part three this weekend with Amy. I think you'll really like it. And if you want something totally different, I have a podcast called Take This Personally. This week I had on Danny Morrel and it was a really fun episode. We've really connected during it and I think it's one a lot of people should hear.
Speaker 3: So check out that if.
Speaker 2: You want something a little bit different, and if not, and this is where I leave you. Thanks for being here and I will yap with you guys next week.
Speaker 10: Bye.
Speaker 1: That's the Best Bits of the Week with Morgan. Thanks for listening. Be sure to check out the other two parts this weekend. Go follow the show on all social platforms.
Speaker 10: And follow ed web girl Morgan
Speaker 1: To submit your listener questions for next week's episode.