Speaker 1: Hey, the playoff action has really been fantastic.
Speaker 2: I mean, you hate yourself.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, gosh, and good to see him great, just having a good old time.
Speaker 3: With the Lakers.
Speaker 1: Also, Jalen Brunson, because now I'm a Knicks fan. I'm gonna yeah, we're all hard fans.
Speaker 3: To another thing. I'm not sure we'll actually end up.
Speaker 1: It's like the days after nine to eleven. We're all New York City right now.
Speaker 3: It is Nick stunned.
Speaker 1: They stunned with that game one win in losted on Jokic.
Speaker 3: Whatever, man, this guy, he's he's one of theirs.
Speaker 2: He's one of the just unbelievable.
Speaker 1: Just you're like, like when they fired their coats, what are they gonna do? And speaking of oh, the Calves may be also in a bit of gloomy be old.
Speaker 2: Trouble if Garland remains unavailable.
Speaker 1: And we'll get into all of that and more with Calves Podcast or justin rolling on today's episode. I'm Miles Gray and I'm Jack O'Brien and this is my Jack boost Let.
Speaker 2: The chich three, got it, Luca chist O, K.
Speaker 4: You go and be driving spinning.
Speaker 2: Batter number Jane. That's been secured the self sor NBA Champions.
Speaker 1: O, the Double Ta.
Speaker 3: Yes look shot you go?
Speaker 1: Yes, Oh, Justin rowand co hosts of the Chase Down Pod, which is a Calves you know, org and NBA production.
Speaker 3: You're in there officially. Great to have you on the show.
Speaker 1: Especially great to have somebody who's still got some skin in the game in this postseason hope. Yeah, I did. I took an early exit. I just figured, yeah, I let the kids. You guys have fun tonight. You guys have fun with this one.
Speaker 2: Cxl out making it quick.
Speaker 3: Please make it quick. But yeah, good as.
Speaker 5: You It's great to be back, guys, Thank you so much for having me. A a lot of fun. As he said, still got some skin of the game, little little shaky.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 5: I don't want to date this podcast too much, but it does look like Garland Mobley and DeAndre Hunter are unlikely to play tonight.
Speaker 3: So that's good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're we're recording this. That's good.
Speaker 1: And that's we're recording this before game two. That feels bad to me.
Speaker 5: But you never know, right, Like Donovan, Mitchell is certainly capable of putting the team on his back. The team found ways to win last season with Garland and Mobley out. So maybe this is a Donovan Mitchell and Jared Allen masterclass. You know, get the series to one one, have a couple of days off before Game five or not game five, but before Friday's game, and then just kind of take it from there.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, yeah, Look, look he's good for seventy points, you know, every now and then scored.
Speaker 1: Hey, if you scored seventy one, you can score seventy or sixty eight, you know, why not?
Speaker 3: Why?
Speaker 1: Oh man, that's a bummer if they're all three out anyways, Yeah, we'll get to that later. I guess not as much as a bummer is not having your team in the postseason, although it is. I wouldn't know anything about that. Miles, Well you did. You have always said it is nice to watch as a neutral. And then Jabiri and I we you welcomed us into the light.
Speaker 3: Oh, I get like, I guess.
Speaker 1: Well, let's just run everything down that happened after last week's episode. Obviously, the Wolves just put the Lakers too bad. Julius Randall absolutely haunted us. That's totally fine, but yeah, we will see. Look, now, the next part of what could be happening because now the Wolves will be playing the Warriors. But now the next phase for us Lakers fans we are unwell is for us to begin living in a fantasy world where we might sign some other dynastic talent to pair with Luka, Doncic.
Speaker 3: Or Lebron or one of them goes and we cash out Austin Reeves for maybe Janni's I don't know.
Speaker 1: That's just some Reeves for Yanna's. Straight up. That feels it feels fair. Another weird trade like that.
Speaker 2: They're like what they what are they doing?
Speaker 3: Just were there any picks or anything?
Speaker 2: Nah?
Speaker 1: Straight trade, straight swap reeves for Gianni's. But yeah, Also, then Anthony.
Speaker 3: Edwards did a victory lap around Crypto after that game.
Speaker 2: That was the best thing I've seen in the NBA this year.
Speaker 1: I look, I was even saying, like some of my other Laker fans, I'm like, I'm not mad. I actually love Anthony. He's like one of those guys I love. I just hate playing him. But even when he goes and literally dances on our grave after the elimination, even the fans.
Speaker 3: Were like, what's up? And he's like, wait, y'all aren't mad?
Speaker 4: At he was confused. He was like, what, oh, hey, no, you.
Speaker 3: Guys were talking all this trash. Okay, well, great, good to see.
Speaker 1: It revealed that his favorite movies Matilda again still because he had revealed that in a like pre draft interview, and then he was talking about how the good guys die in this one was what you send the Lakers fans. He's like, oh, you guys thought you were gonna come back. Now the good guys die in this one. You're gonna be like Morris Chestnutt. He was like, oh, his Boys in the Hood your favorite movie, and he's like, nah, what, no, man, Matilda.
Speaker 5: Well, it's it's important to re establish that, right, like, because you know, these are still formative years. You're talking about your early twenties, and age can change, right your your opinion can change. He's still standing strong with Matilda, and Matilda is very important for us to know.
Speaker 1: Will that be a moment when he discovers a new film and it's like, it's no longer Matilda.
Speaker 3: Actually, I mean he's.
Speaker 1: Seen Doc Saints, he's seen Boys in the Hood, so he's seen other more grown up movies. I like that because that the early twenties is when a lot of people are just trying to seem smart with their film choices, and you know, like Jaws was always my favorite movie, but I had to I had to start dabbling with like, you know, foreign films and ship to try and act like I was better than I actually was.
Speaker 3: But did you also embrace Donny Darko?
Speaker 2: Did you have a Donnie Darko? For sure?
Speaker 1: Many everything I know about physics I learned from Donnie Darko.
Speaker 5: I really hope that his review of all these movies are it kind of gives off a Matilda vibe, Like.
Speaker 2: You know what.
Speaker 1: I just saw Meg gotta say big Matilda vibes. A couple is a Matilda fan. I guess I'm not the only Matilda fan, but yeah, I don't know it was. There's a story about my grandfather who used to be a basketball coach, and there's a book written about his team called The Breaks of the Game, And at one point it's revealed that he would after a loss just like go walking the streets around the arena looking to fight someone, Which is I was good at therapy back then, yet exactly that was men would rather do this than knock around therapy was had been invented. His name is Jack Ramsey, doctor Jack. He was an intense man, very very lovely man by the time I got to meet him, but very very intense basketball coach and uh and yeah, this was like the joyful version of that. He was just like, I mean, it could have gone a lot of different directions.
Speaker 2: He was looking for. Thank god, Yeah, thank god.
Speaker 1: La r is a city of uh, you know, celebrity worship where they were like.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, it's aunt Hey, can I flick it up?
Speaker 1: But also I think just the way as fans we looked at the series, We're like.
Speaker 2: Man if Anthony Edwards did.
Speaker 3: This to us, now, I think we looked at it as like, you.
Speaker 2: Guys were right, you guys were right.
Speaker 5: It probably helped that it didn't go like seven games too, because you know, the emotions are are raw when when it goes that far into a series. The fact that you know, kind of wrapped up in a tidy manner there and exactly as Lebron said, he wasn't able to play if the series continued anyway, so the thing.
Speaker 3: Was over one way or another.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it would have gone a little bit different if there would have been some rhetoric.
Speaker 2: If JJ Reddick was.
Speaker 1: Walk out walking the streets, I feel like, you know, it might it might not have been as popular. And I think again, I think probably also half the Lakers fans like and one day, Anthony, you will be playing for us. Well, this is just a recruiting visit. He thought he was going out there. They knew a hostile fan base. Everyone knew how to fan base as Lakers fans all know.
Speaker 3: Fan base right there.
Speaker 5: You know whether it's doing, whether it's the honest, whether it's whoever. You know, you can't rule it out, especially some Luca thing.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 1: That's why I joke after every every room wor I've just been now saying oh, come home, come home, because.
Speaker 2: It's because you said that about Luca last year.
Speaker 4: And look, guys, it's all about manifesting.
Speaker 1: And you're not joking when you say it. By the way, as a Lakers fan, you're not your only half. Yeah yeah, yeah, no, I mean yeah, I'm saying could say it, and it's it's absurd. My desire, My desire is sincere. I am joking in that I think it's attainable, But in a way it is attainable if I can even express the desire, and that's what all manifesting is about, you know.
Speaker 3: What I mean.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and Giannis, by the way, has announced that if you ask for a trade, it's going to be to New York, LA or Miami. And I can't imagine anyone really making sense because I mean, who's going to look at the Clippers and be like, yep, that's where I want to be. That team that had the better team this like what the second best team in the West heading in the playoffs and couldn't make it out of the first round. That's that's the type of team that I want to be a part of. The NETS. I feel like everybody includes the netsay is like, well, they've got the most assets, they make the most sense. But I feel like after the KD yeah tenure there, Like I just I feel like it's going to be hard to get people on board. I feel like it's the Knicks or the Lakers if those were the heat I guess, but also like that they don't look great either.
Speaker 3: We can offer you one, Austin Reeves.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly, like the Lakers don't make sense.
Speaker 3: We have nothing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the Knicks I'm trying to figure out, like I feel like the Knicks also gave away all their picks, so I don't know who it's.
Speaker 2: Going to be. Maybe he just stays in Milwaukee.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, we'll see. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I mean, I feel like then if he wants to go somewhere, do you think Milwaukee's like, hey, man, all right, we definitely we made the best of this.
Speaker 3: Now let's facilitate.
Speaker 1: Let's honor your wishes and get you to the team you want to or do you think they'll really try and like make an issue of them?
Speaker 5: Sure, Miami's going to hope that they do that, right, Like, wasn't that the whole thing with Dame, Like, hey, we don't.
Speaker 3: Have the best offer, but he'd really like to be here.
Speaker 5: And yeah, like I feel like there's going to be enough, you know, really good teams that are going to be interested in him that you know, whether it might need to be something like hey, we're we're getting you to Brooklyn because Brooklyn has a lot of picks, but Brooklyn has these big plans to bring someone else in kind of thing.
Speaker 3: Like that, we we can make this into situation.
Speaker 4: Chick fil A in the locker room.
Speaker 5: Yeah you got you got a weigh every single factor, right, It's not just about what what the roster looks like now, it's also what the concessions.
Speaker 3: Are exactly, or the viability of winning a championship within a few years. It's what's the what the food do?
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Elsewhere, the Warriors, uh yeah, I mean they.
Speaker 2: Took out the bluddy heeled game.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 1: The Rockets straight up face guard, double team staph the whole game. Like it was like it was like the thing you see in like middle school when a player is like really good and they're just like, all right, everybody guard him the whole way.
Speaker 2: We're just gonna put the whole around him.
Speaker 1: And uh, I think it probably would have worked if Gary Payton Junior wasn't hurt, but he was. I think he was out and Buddy Heald was playing, and Buddy Heald can shoot really well when he's not in a sixers uniform, and uh yeah, shout out to him for stepping up in a big moment. But I mean they were they were just like, Steph's not going to beat us? Who is And it was like I guess buddy, Buddy, yeah, yeah. Thirty three points nine threes. Unbelievable unbelievable game. Did not see that one coming. I thought the Rockets had a shot in that series. They obviously did, but they probably need to make a move. Although I don't love them for Giannis either, because they just like again like the no shooting no you know, so we're just going to keep doubling down on no shooting and hope the league changes it. Just might you know, going to be that one contrarian that that really changed is at all?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: So maybe should we get take a break and then come back and actually discuss the teams that are playing currently.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's do us do that.
Speaker 3: We'll be right back and we are back.
Speaker 1: So we did, I think, I mean, we alluded to the fact that why would you want to play for the Clippers, but that's because Denver took care of them.
Speaker 3: In Game seven.
Speaker 1: I went to a bar in LA because I was like, you know what, let's see how this goes. I was so disappointed that I left, just like so early in the third I mean maybe middle of the third quarter was not really a competitive game, but now we've got the Nuggets and Thunder and that game one was frightening. I thought, I really did. I was kind of like, oh, well, look at the Nuggets and now that game, that game one that was really coming back from what was it down fourteen was.
Speaker 3: Really really impressive. And yeah, I'm I'm I think I think that I was a premium.
Speaker 1: It was premature for me to completely write off the Nuggets at least on the back of that win. Yeah, they're tough part of a champion. I'm officially never picking the Clippers to win a playoff series. Again, that's just where where I'm at. I always make fun of ESPN for being, you know, putting up the stats where it's like, in the history of this franchise, they're you know, seventy three and eighty one against you know, when trailing by two games, and it's like, what that doesn't mean anything, except with the Clippers, the Clippers, it does mean something, because Yeah, that's that's what I should have I should have paid attention to the fact that they're the Clippers, and I should have paid attention to the fact that they have.
Speaker 5: James Harden Clippers ones and Doc Rivers ones are very important to Yeah, those ones definitely.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Doc Rivers is no like that is for some of those stats about like you know, records like coming back having other teams come back against them from three to one down, and it's like he had like half of the six two thousand NBA teams are nine to forty three and nineteen in the playoffs when leading by seven plus points with under thirty five seconds left. Doc Rivers is thirty four and seventeen in these situations. So that means he has seventeen of the nineteen losses in this.
Speaker 3: That.
Speaker 1: I don't think that's right. I think that's I think that's a fake stat. But there were there were some real I don't I don't think that's possibly right, but there were some.
Speaker 3: Real three Yeah, I look, I have to believe it.
Speaker 1: I have at this point because these are all it's the confirmation bias.
Speaker 3: But yeah, the yeah Nuggets, Wow you.
Speaker 1: Got our final four in the East, our final four in the West. Man as somebody who is Celtics, you know, cheering for the field versus the Celtics, anybody but the Celtics, I feel even though they lost Game one, I feel worse because I think they lost game one. I think this is as good as it gets for you know, Knicks fans or Celtics haters, because I just don't think the Celtics are going to miss all their threes. I don't think they're going to miss a record setting number of threes again and again and again. And you know, the team that it has the best chance at beating them as of right now, again we're recording this before Game two, but are down one with three of their best through their you know four five through their five best offensive players injured or you.
Speaker 2: Know out that just does it. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I mean, I will say the Pacers are giving me a little bit of hope. The Pacers are tough as hell, Like they look awesome.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they play basketball, man, like you know that Game one loss obviously, no Garland hurt and game kind of changed a little bit in the fourth quarter when when Mobilei got hurt and then Hunter as well. But like they came out, they were more prepared than the Calves. They got terrific shock quality. I thought the perimeter defense was great. You know, they got killed on the inside a little bit, and I think that's going to be one of those things that you know, we in a series against Boston, you'll you'll have to figure out, hey, can can they defend both the paint and the three point line or is it really going to be a one or the other. But that's that's a really good team, man, Like I think there was a reason they were the best playoff offense last year, and you know they'll probably be more equipped to challenge Boston this year than they were last year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I'm also not giving up on your calves, are you?
Speaker 3: I'm not either. I'm not either.
Speaker 5: You know, obviously shorthanded tonight, no Garland, Mobley or Hunter, but you know they just, in my eyes, you just got to win the one game, right, Like Darius Garland dealing with what Brian Windhors described as turf toe, you know, trying to make it back early if they can just buy him a little bit more time. He's been trying to give it a go, trying to battle through that. In practice, it just hasn't been you know, responding. Well, maybe he can be available for Friday. DeAndre Hunter dislocated thumb on his shooting hand, and Evan Mobley didn't apparently wasn't able to put weight on his ankle or on his ankle all sound.
Speaker 4: Bad, Yeah, on your shooting hand, it's like.
Speaker 5: Yeah, not not not ideal. But you know, maybe some of those start to turn around it and at least get to the place where you know, you can play through it. But when you're playing against the team that moves the ball like Indiana, that plays at the highest pace, if you're a shifting guard like Darius Garland, playing with turf toe is probably not going to help you, you know, on either end of the floor. It's gonna you know, prevent you from planting and whatnot. So they just got to, you know, find a way to get this one game. It will be interesting to see, you know, what approach they take. But I definitely feel like trying to once again win that possession battle is going to be a big part of it. And for some shooting regression because they shot like crap on their looks and Indy shot, you know, had their best shooting the end of the year. They're probably hoping for a little bit of that swing, similar to what Boston's hoping for against the Knicks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, the last two seasons, I feel like we've seen you guys have some pretty different lineups due to injury and stuff like that and managing through that. But whose absence are you most concerned about? Going forward of everybody that you're.
Speaker 3: Like, oh boy, this is gonna make it a real tall order.
Speaker 5: God probably mobile, just because you know, not being able to put weight on your ankle is concerning. And he's the anchor of the defense, right Like he's that guy that's that release valve when teams pressure the guards. He's the one that provides that front court initiation. So it's not just the defensive thing, it's offensive as well. But the tough thing is you're missing your most impactful offensive and defensive player. Mitchell is their best score. He's their best you know, he's their best player. He's that guy that you trust in closing situations. If you look at the last three years, like Darius, is the difference between them being great offensively and not. This year, they had the best offense in NBA history with Garland on the court. In the minutes where Garland was out there without Mitchell, it actually even got better. When Garland's off the court, they have the thirteen best offense. You look two years ago when Mitchell first came there, they had a top five offense with Garland on the court, twenty ninth with him off. Last year when he wasn't himself. They didn't manage to have a top ten offense. So when you're playing against the team as good as Indiana offensively, you're going to have to find other ways to win, right, rather than your strength, which had been offense all season. So I'm probably most concerned about Mobiley. But you know, this is about as tough of a blow as you can have in the playoffs.
Speaker 1: Is Garland? What was going on with Garland last year? Was was there like a lingering injury or do we know.
Speaker 5: Garland broke his jaw, He had a wired shot for six weeks, I wasn't able to eat, was drinking through a straw, he had a death in the family.
Speaker 3: To as he got out of that situation, it seems.
Speaker 2: Just like a bad year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you really really tough year.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know, I think he lost like seventeen eighteen pounds and you just aren't going to regain that in you know, in the middle of a regular season.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, I think we're all pulling for the Calves to even this up, make it, make it a really good series, which we think it can. It's interesting the Calves, well, I think went into the series as the favorites and now the Pacers even heading into Game two after that Game one or the favorites probably having you to do with injuries. Boston lost Game one at home and are still the favorites against the Knicks. I will, I do just want to because I kind of brushed past it pretty quickly and was like, the as good as it's gonna get.
Speaker 2: What a glorious game one.
Speaker 1: I think the Knicks for giving it to us, It did give me a little glimmer of hope, just a little tiny is Boston not quite where they were last year because obviously Tatum was just not shooting well last night, but Boston, like my whole hope with Boston has always been Tatum doesn't have that like down the stretch, super clutch energy to him, Like he just like hasn't always done as well as you want your leader to do in those situations. Last year, they won it, but they won it because Brown was that guy, Like Brown stepped in and was playing out of his mind and he you know, won the finals MVP. And so this year I think all the Celtics fans are talking a lot about like Tatum's actually stepped up, He's that dude now. But they're like those moments where you're still like, I don't know is he like and and if he's not and Brown is not playing out of his mind like he did last year, then you have to rely on like Derek White and Holiday and it's just a it's a little it's a little different. It's a little harder to see where they're gonna like get all the like big buckets they need down the stretch against whoever they end up playing against. It again, I don't know that it's the next but they're they're giving me a little bit of hope.
Speaker 5: I think whoever comes out of the West is going to win, Honestly, do you really?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I just think this isn't as good of a Boston team as it was last year. You know, Drew Holiday's taking a bit of a step backwards. Ingis doesn't look like himself either. You know, I still probably think it's going to be okay. See, but I just feel like whoever's coming out on the West is probably going to be the champion this season.
Speaker 2: That uh so, who do you like?
Speaker 3: Wolves?
Speaker 2: Warriors?
Speaker 1: Because the Warriors definitely showed me something in Game seven, But man, the Wolves just look strong.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think it's going to be the tough Ye. Yeah, I think it's going to be the Wolves.
Speaker 5: You know, Warriors do have that experience advantage, right, Like there is so much championship in NBA Finals experience when you talk about those top guys. But I just feel like the Wolves are a more complete team. I think they were able to, you know, overcome some demons and have a lot of confidence taking down Lebron and Luca and layoffs are all about momentum, and I feel like they have a lot of momentum there, whereas what the Warriors went through against Houston, Like, yes, they did a great job in Game seven, but that that's that's a very tough series against a team that's very, very inexperienced.
Speaker 2: And very limited.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I think the Wolves are ready to take that next step and are going to be in the conference finals again.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: They're just hearing like the narratives like with Ant like wanting to play Luca, like a Luca team again, and then he's like I want Draymond, like I want to play I want.
Speaker 3: To play the Warriors. There's just the excitement on that side of him. It makes me feel like, yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Don't I don't know what they how they'll counter all of that, but just with like the Knicks though, I'm I just love this. I just love the rivalry between Boston and New York fans, and that's giving me another layer that I'm really really enjoying this. But I think, like to your point, Jack, like Tatum was so cold in the second half, like until like maybe like that towards the end of the third quarter, like he hit a three and then hit a couple more, but like to your point, like every now and then, like Derek White would bail them out or Drew Holliday with like a random three that they were just able to sort of stay in it, but it just wasn't really enough to get over. I'm I'm hoping that this is still a possibility for New York, but I also see like this can also be one of those things for a team that's just one they need like a smack in the mouth really quick and then they're like, Okay, yeah, let's that this is an anomalous let's let's just let's just do what we came here to do. But I'm still off feels like what we're what we're gonna see, but well we will seem Yeah, I'm holding out hope, and I do feel like Indiana or a healthy Cleveland is probably a more complete team that could give them trouble. But uh, we shall see.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 1: I'm very happy with how the playoffs have gone and so the NBA. But by the way, like all hot, they're like breaking ratings records, so that that's cool to see after a year where everyone was like, what what's wrong with the NBA? Like people are, you know, excited about the playoffs as as well?
Speaker 2: They should be.
Speaker 1: I mean, they're gonna love it when Giannis is in the Lakers uniform too, so you know, let's keep.
Speaker 3: That momentum going the NBA.
Speaker 1: All right, let's, uh, should we take a break and come back and do the fastest round in basketball podcasting?
Speaker 2: We might have to, we might have to. All right, take a quick break and we'll be back.
Speaker 3: And we are back.
Speaker 5: Oh, j R.
Speaker 3: Do you mind if I call you j R? Justin Rowland. That's why I was called in high school. I'm fine with it. Great, R. J.
Speaker 1: You're gonna love this next segment. The fourth quarter rapid fires my dyslexia.
Speaker 3: Jr. You're gonna love this this next segment.
Speaker 4: It is the fourth quarter rapid fire round questioning.
Speaker 1: You already know what is the fastest question answer segment in all sports podcasting history.
Speaker 3: We're gonna ask you a question.
Speaker 1: You don't don't ruminate, don't process, just react instantly, chess passer right back to us.
Speaker 3: Don't think, keep it quick or we will be rude to you. Okay, now you know what.
Speaker 1: PJ Tucker stands for. What his name is Anthony Leon Tucker Junior. PJ is poor because his dad Anthony Leon tun That cute. Wow, Yeah, I thought you were. I thought this is gonna be a really weird joke. I was like, oh no, you just know so yeah, but anybody, So, anybody could be a PJ is what it comes because you're just.
Speaker 2: Your dad's kid. You know, we're all PJ Tucker.
Speaker 3: But wait, but is he a junior? Did you say? Yeah? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, but I guess maybe that helps because he is a If you're not a junior, does it still work?
Speaker 2: It works for me? All right, I'll allow it.
Speaker 1: But because his sneaker game is intense, and I will approve allow. I want to see where you're going, but get there fast, mister gray Boost's approved.
Speaker 4: Okay, shall we begin, Let's go.
Speaker 3: It was gonna go.
Speaker 2: First you ar me.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, I can't believe you inhaled that whole reverse Yeah, the reverse symbol is that what the kids are calling it.
Speaker 3: That's what the dean at my high school called it.
Speaker 1: Pull reverse symbol on that glass water pipe, Tobacca. Justin, you have the ability to waive your magic wand and create your Justin Rowans preferred finals matchup for the end of this postseason.
Speaker 3: What's your matchup?
Speaker 5: And what do you think I'm a homer like, yeah, let's be real, I would love for that to be the case.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, look, let me finish the question before you answer, else you just come off rouge.
Speaker 3: I'm going quicker.
Speaker 1: I know, I get it, and in your enthusiasm you've actually disrespected the host, and so I just do I just do want to put that out there.
Speaker 2: However, to finish that disrespect.
Speaker 3: Me, I tak that is disrespect.
Speaker 1: And with your matchup calves thunder, what will the eventual outcome?
Speaker 2: Oh man, I have.
Speaker 5: So I'll say kats and six because you know, it seems like it if it would happen, maybe it goes that way.
Speaker 3: Who knows. Okay, now, Reality check.
Speaker 1: What do you I think the Actuality Reality Finals matchup?
Speaker 5: I think it's going to be Thunder Celtics and Thunder will win in six games.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, that's the right answer.
Speaker 1: That is the right answer either of those scenarios. Love them, both of them both. Yeah, all right, I'm going to ask you to pick one of these players. Okay, it's a time travel scenario. So the player from the past is coming to the future with the game that they had in the past. The player from the present is going back to the past with the game and knowing what they know of basketball. You got Donovan Mitchell to the late eighties or Mark Price.
Speaker 2: To right now?
Speaker 3: I want to Mitchell in the eighties?
Speaker 5: Yeah, up and down games.
Speaker 1: Also, Mark Price's immune system wouldn't be able to handle the more advanced germs in COVID nineteen of the modern world, so.
Speaker 2: He would die pretty quickly.
Speaker 3: A world is scared, replace my friend?
Speaker 1: All right, next question, justin to add to this team to replace Garland.
Speaker 3: You're your selections.
Speaker 1: Lebron's first run with the Calves or Lebron's second run with the Calves.
Speaker 5: Oh, I'm gonna go second, just because they need the shooting around the two pigs.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, that's all the right answer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that felt like I.
Speaker 2: Do this, okay, all right.
Speaker 1: Would you take being in the lottery for the next five seasons for a single title for Cleveland next year?
Speaker 3: Absolutely? Yeah, give me a title.
Speaker 1: This is only a question that makes sense to Lakers fans because to me, I'm like this last week, what are you talking about? But I just want I want to keep asking it because Jabbari insists that this makes total sense. Jabari is a Lakers fan, Miles is a Lakers fan. They would trade being in the lottery for five years, like having a lottery pick for the next five years, for a title, because Lakers are just like, yeah, no, we just we need chips.
Speaker 2: We need more chips, more chips.
Speaker 3: It's an addiction. It's dangerous. You know, I've lost I've lost family over it, you know, and friends.
Speaker 1: He says, how many years until that answer is no? And like, how many lottery picks for a title?
Speaker 2: Is the question?
Speaker 5: Oh boy, I think a decade's worth, you know. Nine nine nine is where I start to flinch a little bit, like it's got to be a real title. It can't be like a twenty fifteen Warriors here. I want to, you know, go out and earn it.
Speaker 3: Thank you for not saying bubble.
Speaker 1: So you guys are you know, you guys have won a title recently, so you're in that world where there is an answer to this. Whereas for the Sixers, I'm like, I don't care.
Speaker 2: Just get one.
Speaker 1: Title for all the we don't we don't ever have to play basketball again.
Speaker 3: Can I have it?
Speaker 5: Can I We're ten years away from you know, when the Kavs won a title. You know, if you give me one now, another nine years off and then we can keep it moving I make I think I can handle that.
Speaker 1: Oh man, what a title too. That's that's so I have like, that's that's the best one. I think it's the best one. That's like the you know, everybody was rooting for the Calves.
Speaker 3: Were I trade two of ours for that one? It was a good one. I got to say it was. It was brilliant. Last question, justin if the.
Speaker 1: Calves fall short again this year, would you want back on the Lebron James train for that final season, the farewell tour and perhaps the.
Speaker 2: Chance at one more just a bit of gold at the end of the rainbow.
Speaker 5: If it was him opting out and coming on like a minimum more mid level exception type thing. Sure, I'm not blowing up the core to the trade for old Lebron.
Speaker 3: Because he was looking pretty old in the playoffs. Oh yeah, I mean, look, we're looking for people who might be interested. I get, I get what's happening here. I understand case.
Speaker 1: You know, I think it'd be great. I think it'd be great. I think it'd be great. I think it's a great story, great way to end it. Yeah, it's it's tough to hear about that MCO.
Speaker 3: Tough to hear about the MC.
Speaker 2: Does Bronny go? Is Bronnie welcome?
Speaker 5: I think he's welcome. I was at the game in Cleveland where he played. That was a lot of fun.
Speaker 2: That's cool. All right.
Speaker 1: Uh well, we're all pulling for you justin Rome. What a pleasure having you back on the show. Yes, where can people find you? Follow you all that good stuff?
Speaker 5: Yeah, wherever you guys found this podcast, you can. You can find the Chase Down We go live on the Cavs YouTube channel as well after games throughout the playoffs. You can find me on Twitter at calves down at us Slappy Caves in Canada.
Speaker 3: You'll five amazing.
Speaker 2: Hey Miles, where can people find you?
Speaker 1: Oh? Follow me on Twitter and the b sky at Miles of Gray, Jack howbou Sky. You can find me on Twitter, Jack Underscore Brin on the sky at jack Obi the number one Bisky Sky and look follow the hashtag bad Booties BA sd I E S. That's where you find the show links updates, and that's how you can get in on the discord server. So again, sturt hashtag bad Booties for all that and join the convo, you know, just just come.
Speaker 3: Chat it up on this in the Discord server. And with that we will let the playoffs do what they do.
Speaker 1: We'll be back once more next week with another update as we get closer to the thrilling conclusion.
Speaker 3: Of this season. We will talk to you then.
Speaker 1: Bye bye bye