Speaker 1: Smell Us.
Speaker 2: Now, lady, Welcome to Meet Eater Trivia podcast.
Speaker 3: Welcome to Meet Eater Radio Live. It's eleven am Mountain Time on December nineteenth, and we're live from Meet Eater HQ and Bozeman, Montana. I'm your host, Spencer Newhart, joined today by Ryan Callahan and Yiannis Boutellus. On today's show, we'll discuss the top three Christmas gifts We've ever received. Then we'll find out how much Callan Jannis know about their fellow hunters and anglers with a game of meat poll, and finally we'll do one minute fishing with a special guest, Yanni cal Can it be the first to issue a Merry Christmas? Has anyone done that to you yet?
Speaker 2: Multiple people, but I'll take it anyways.
Speaker 3: That's an old Chris Berman line. Do you know who Chris Berman is? Yes?
Speaker 1: I do know who.
Speaker 2: Chris Berman is the fastest men in football.
Speaker 3: It's probably you for knowing that he'll always like in the holiday season. He's the first to wish you a happy Halloween. He's the last to ish you Happy New Year. I like that gimmick that he has.
Speaker 2: I do too. What I like about him too? Is that where everybody else in his career or what am I trying to say?
Speaker 3: Like sportscasters, sports journalists in that universe, in that universe very sharp.
Speaker 2: I imagine sharply dressed, extremely expensive looking suits, and that dude rolls in like I'm like, ah, I can relate to him because I can probably go I can afford that same suit he's wearing.
Speaker 3: Man, he looks like he smells like meat and alcohol at all times.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know that snls get you know where the boys would sit around talking about tull bars. You know, he could roll right into that. I'm surprised they never tapped him actually to do that with them.
Speaker 3: Chris Bermany is still around.
Speaker 2: He does that, Yeah, crushing it.
Speaker 3: Caw, what do you do? What was that?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 3: I have no idea what that is? Sounds like sleigh bells.
Speaker 1: It does sound like sleigh bells. Is it like?
Speaker 5: Oh, oh my god?
Speaker 4: Oh boys and girls, have you been good to bad this year? Oh?
Speaker 3: We are going to find out ladies and gentlemen in our studio. A special guest.
Speaker 4: From the North.
Speaker 1: You smell Santah with.
Speaker 4: Lots of gifts for the good little boys and girls.
Speaker 3: Santa is gonna talk into his microphone. He has two game bags that are very bloody.
Speaker 1: You got a spring bear in there.
Speaker 2: You have a lot of explaining to do, being as the guy that rolls around a bunch of reindeer.
Speaker 1: Oh you have bloody game bags.
Speaker 4: These are this is the blood of mule deer and white tailed deer. I wouldn't harm a rein deer. They're incredibly important to my operation.
Speaker 3: So Santa has two white game bags that have some old blood on them, chunks of meat and chunks of meat. Oh yeah, I miss that these have not got a proper washing yet, have they Santa?
Speaker 4: No? No?
Speaker 1: Do they not have bleach at the north pole?
Speaker 4: And then I roll right into this thing. This gig keeps me real busy.
Speaker 3: Uh huh. So Santa has brought with him it looks like some gifts as well as a few guests. We have Brody Henderson and Corey Halkins who just appeared in the studio, and I believe Santa is now going to pass out some gifts and we don't know who they're from.
Speaker 4: Yes, that's right. The elves have been hard at work. This one is for Spencer new.
Speaker 3: So this this I believe is probably the biggest gift in your game bag? Is that correct?
Speaker 2: I believe so those are bottomless game But is it the heavy?
Speaker 1: Is it the heavy now in Santa's experience, is it the size of the gift that matters?
Speaker 4: Oh, it's just what's inside? Uh huh okay, gosh fits in a tiny little envelope.
Speaker 3: The it's wrapped in grinch paper and then it oh, okay, here look at this, ladies and gentlemen. It has my name on it with a piece of paper that looks like it was written something about uh FedEx returns. And underneath that it has Krinn's name.
Speaker 4: Which gives away the whole bit.
Speaker 3: Who knows the whole bit?
Speaker 2: Okay, well, no, we don't know necessarily if that was from Karn it maybe used to.
Speaker 4: Be for Corint Right, get interesting twist?
Speaker 3: Did Santa bring a pocket knife?
Speaker 1: Or maybe it's a pocket knife in there?
Speaker 4: I don't have pockets in this.
Speaker 1: I don't think it can be a meat eater employee and not carry a bout.
Speaker 3: I have just opened my gift to reveal a couple of what would you'd call slides like the sandal slides, but instead they are large mouthed bass. Those are going to make some great camp shoes there. This is beautiful shoes. They could be what what if me and Karin didn't wear the same sized shoes? Whoever gave this gift, then what.
Speaker 4: They wear an uncanny resemblance to that singing bass that you have outside of your office.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the Billie Largemouth bass. I'll have you know, I wear size fourteen boots, so I don't know if these are going to fit me or not. They may have, they may.
Speaker 1: Have what Christmas Morning is all the time, Well, it's not exactly what.
Speaker 3: These are beautiful. I love that. I appreciate whoever gave me this. Now here's what happened. I had to tell everyone who they needed to bring their gifts for, so I know who this came from. The other folks can guess though, who gave me this gift. Didn't even know Karanta, not Krinne, not Santa to not fill again a couple of large mouthed bass slides like Corey. What's our pool of people to pick from? Everybody went in the room, Williams, Corey Caulkins.
Speaker 1: Is a beautiful gift.
Speaker 3: I'll also have you know that when we talked about this segment. Corey said he was going to regift this in our upcoming all company gift exchange. Is that still the plan?
Speaker 4: Nope?
Speaker 3: Those are yours now, man, I sure hope they fit. If not, you can put them on your hands and you know, have him as a backup paddle for sure. Oh that's a good idea too. There we go, Thank you Corey. That that is a perfect gift exchange gift. Yes, yeah, yes she will. All right, Santa has got out his next gift.
Speaker 4: This next gift is for Ryan, oh cal callahan.
Speaker 1: Is it a Is it a picture frame? It's not a bathroom scale or something?
Speaker 3: You know that's always a great Christmas gift. Oh, it's a butcher's board.
Speaker 1: Nice cutting board that looks homemade. That looks great.
Speaker 4: You'd better be homemade because there is a twenty five dollars limit on the cost of these gifts for the terms of Barbary. Now.
Speaker 1: Oh cheddar wurst from Mats. That's good stuff.
Speaker 2: That kind of joy.
Speaker 3: Who the gift was, Well, I don't think that.
Speaker 1: I mean people drive back and forth. I mean it wasn't.
Speaker 3: Phil.
Speaker 1: I guess I would.
Speaker 3: I would imagine this, okay, but I.
Speaker 1: Know, don't put me into a bucket, Spencer. I didn't notice that till now. I don't know.
Speaker 3: On the on the blots that cal received, it says processed for Brody Henderson.
Speaker 1: We love that bro.
Speaker 3: We solved the crime.
Speaker 1: That is that your Is that your boys mule ear?
Speaker 6: Nope, that's the elk I shot last year?
Speaker 1: Yeah, cleaning out the old freez.
Speaker 6: We have the body makes those cut boards.
Speaker 4: Sweet Trace might have an up.
Speaker 7: He's been eating some of the dried meat from this bag.
Speaker 1: That's what dogs do, YO next, Thank Santa.
Speaker 3: Wow? Is that a candle?
Speaker 1: It's gotta be h.
Speaker 2: It feels like a small dish of some sort that looks.
Speaker 3: Like a man wrapped it. I guess a small.
Speaker 2: Dog bolt something almost fell out of.
Speaker 1: I like it.
Speaker 3: I like it.
Speaker 8: It's a little uh, it's a little kit of things that a man like myself might need, like what Dr Broner unsaned excuse me, unscented organic magic balm for hands, face and body, Dutch tape, uh, super glue.
Speaker 2: And a lighter and a lighter that works. And the lighter's got a little hint. I think maybe what's the hint looks like? Can you see what's on it. It's a teaky drink drink, So I'm gonna have to guess that my man Phil put this together for me.
Speaker 3: Huell Giannis, you would be incorrect.
Speaker 1: They threw me off.
Speaker 3: What's your next guess?
Speaker 1: God, cal yeplo.
Speaker 3: Cal Are these things you found this morning in your juncture his.
Speaker 1: Wilderness sur Bible? Kid? No, it's all It's all brand new. I had to take that it looks super glue out of the packaging than to make it all fit together. But I'm not I don't like gifts for the most part. But this is this said practical thing. You're not gonna be like, oh, here's just extra stuff in the house.
Speaker 2: Listen, my wife gets upset with me because I have a running list on my phone. You guys can if you sneak into my phone, you might see your name might pop up. Because if during the course of the year, all sudden I'm like, oh, Santa really was interested in X, and I'll make a little note and then when Christmas comes around, I give that gift and it's from the heart, not because I had to give a gift, and it ends up being extra stuff.
Speaker 1: In the house.
Speaker 3: Well, you really hyped up. Whatever person is going to receive a gift from Yanni then this year.
Speaker 1: Oh it's nice too. Is like, if this I thought it through, makes it to Yannis's desk and sits there for the rest of the year, it's still a valuable thing to happen. If it makes it as far as the truck and just sits there forever, it's great.
Speaker 3: Let's just hope it doesn't wind up on the free table.
Speaker 1: That would be rude.
Speaker 3: What in this bloody game.
Speaker 7: Bagg This This gift has the initial C on it, which I.
Speaker 4: Understand to mean Corey Coulkins hot dog very aughtn't here undressed for the North Pole.
Speaker 2: Santa when you were a little kid, did you also laugh? You're in that same.
Speaker 7: Yes, it is much more disturbing.
Speaker 4: Before I reached.
Speaker 6: This is going to be really he just came out of the womb looking like that.
Speaker 7: Well, I am an ancient being, I think according.
Speaker 2: To the I've got a couple of really good looking books.
Speaker 3: I believe they're Dungeons and Dragons.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it looks like.
Speaker 1: It's part of a series.
Speaker 5: I'm hoping there will be more because I could myself reading through these pretty quickly. Are you a big d and D guy negative ghost writer. So here's the thing, Corey, Santa you don't care to explain You're You're very modest about it, but I'm sure people know that you're a world class hunting guide, Corey. I mean, everyone says how much they love to go out with you. But one thing you might not know about is a different kind of game. Those are mythical beasts. So if you ever want to expand your clientele, kind of add new skills to your to your set, you know, I thought these books might help you track these you know, well these animals, yes.
Speaker 4: Dragon buy these books for my friend Corey or were they just on your shelf and new gifted them?
Speaker 7: They feel new out of convenience.
Speaker 3: They're Chris, but I'm the first one to open them.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Phil.
Speaker 3: You're welcome, Corey. Now, he was dressed as a wizard for Halloween, so I can understand why someone would give you the D and D book. Are there wizards in D and D?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, big big part of D and D. That was a perfect gift then for Corey. Yeah, my kids really into dragons at this point.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm trying to.
Speaker 5: Do in doctor date Marshalls please, if you got yourself a drag and you could fly in to some landlocked public.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, drop into some blm. That's how Santa kills all his.
Speaker 1: Never have to worry about having a big lighter on you.
Speaker 3: What else is Santa Go.
Speaker 4: Gift is for Phil Taylor the engineer, Phil the Engineer, right.
Speaker 2: Christian name fille.
Speaker 4: A very long list of names each winter, so it's important that on.
Speaker 3: Particular, Yeah, a lot of Phil Taylor's out there. I'll also have our listeners know that Santa has been in this suit and doing this voice for the entire hour leading up to the show.
Speaker 1: What other voice would you do?
Speaker 2: Spencer?
Speaker 3: That's right, Phil. We can't see what you're opening, so you got I have it on the.
Speaker 5: Camera Star Wars Puzzle and look at this is great artwork.
Speaker 4: Good boy, heavens, that's two thousand pieces.
Speaker 1: That's a big boy you've got.
Speaker 5: You've got a lot of the films represented, including some of the prequels.
Speaker 3: This is fantastic.
Speaker 5: I have no idea who could have got this for me, because honestly, it could be any of you.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna say it was Spencer Newheart.
Speaker 3: It was not me, Okay, but I liked that you thought it was me? Was it Santa Claus?
Speaker 4: Yes, indeed.
Speaker 3: Himself. I'm so lucky.
Speaker 4: Yes, what I realized how incredibly expensive Lego toys are.
Speaker 7: I switched gears and brought you a puzzle.
Speaker 1: Oh that's why that was this morning when you came into my office, Sands.
Speaker 4: I thought I might have given it away by making casual chit chat.
Speaker 3: Not at all. I was caught off guard. Thank you so much. Is two thousand pieces big?
Speaker 1: That's pretty big.
Speaker 5: I'd say one thousand is kind of the average, like like a like a weekend puzzle. Two thousand, I mean that's that'll keep me busy for a while.
Speaker 4: That'll baby sit your kids for a week.
Speaker 3: That's much Apprecia gift.
Speaker 4: Our next gift is for Brodie Henderson.
Speaker 6: Okay, that's got some hef to it.
Speaker 1: Santa, get a gift.
Speaker 6: More.
Speaker 2: You got in there.
Speaker 1: It's cold. It came from the North Pole, bro He's very one.
Speaker 3: It's a gift wrapped in as on.
Speaker 6: Oh it looks like some ducks.
Speaker 3: Oh, some fatty ducks, big fatty ducks.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna guess based on someone's recent schedule, it might have been.
Speaker 3: One of these ducks. Tell us about the ducks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you should open the plastic bag. That was just the way to transport him from my house here. But uh, they're extremely prime picked clean, they are ready for the cast iron skills.
Speaker 4: Shot him with one pellet in the head. Ye.
Speaker 2: Actually, I'm not that good of a shot, So I the ones that were donated to me. I chose those two gifts you with that were shot by better. Better. I'm pretty sure that they're all three mallets. I think there's there's either two hens and a drake or two drakes and a hen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, excellent.
Speaker 6: Santa doesn't have any ducks in my freezer right now.
Speaker 3: Santa's bloody game bags and three Mallard ducks and mule deer.
Speaker 2: I believe that that gift exceeds the monetary limits a lot, right if you could apply but.
Speaker 4: Priceless gifts, I think very good gifts.
Speaker 2: That all right, you're welcome.
Speaker 3: We have one gift left.
Speaker 4: This lasts gift is addressed to Randall, which is the name I've never seen before.
Speaker 1: Because he's on your naughty list, right, that's.
Speaker 4: Right, that's right, Phil Taylor.
Speaker 3: Uh huh, And I don't.
Speaker 4: Want to tear this bag. But I can't untie this.
Speaker 2: String if you take your gloves off.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, he's really committed to the.
Speaker 4: Now what do we have here, Well, there's two items, okay in this bag for Randall.
Speaker 3: You don't think Randall of mine that you're opening his gift.
Speaker 7: I don't really like the guy.
Speaker 4: And we have.
Speaker 3: It's a Hams, one of the rarest beers in the world. Oh my goodness, gracious, Hams Special lights.
Speaker 4: Is this really for me?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 7: Of course, you only have a very limited supply of these.
Speaker 3: Well, I had to get that one. I had to open up my third to last case. I'm now in my last three cases. But you wish at Randy, you open that on a special occasion, maybe Christmas. I can't feel it cold.
Speaker 2: That's too bad, because if it was, I would say, in the Christmas spirit, we can crack it open right now and everybody to taste what one of those tastes like.
Speaker 4: Oh my goodness. And a pack of basketball cards, not just.
Speaker 3: Any pack of basketball cards. I went into my collection and I pulled out all of the worst cards, which are coaches. Anytime when you were kids you could get a pack of cards, you would frown if you saw a coach in.
Speaker 4: There, don Nelson, not just.
Speaker 3: One, not not just one Don Nelson. There are many don Nelson. Jim Bay, of course, Jim Beeheim is in there. And if you look Santa dar Car, Darvin Ham, I believe it's a Darvin Ham rookie Nuggets card. I have every coach for the Bucks in there, going back to nineteen No for the MAVs, every mass coach going back to nineteen ninety seven, Randall Clause, another Don Nelson, Another Don Nelson car. That's another Don Nelson. Don Nelson was a popular card in my collecting era.
Speaker 4: Oh, this is what a thoughtful gift.
Speaker 3: Anto.
Speaker 1: What will you do with those cards?
Speaker 4: Well, I'll try to keep them all on the table, uh huh, my limited dexterity.
Speaker 7: I'll put them on the shelf in my office and.
Speaker 4: Just point them out as a sort of a curiosity to anyone that comes in your office at the north Pole.
Speaker 3: That's correct, uh huh. He'll flip through them when he drinks his hand special light.
Speaker 4: And I'll just reflect on all the humorous, short lived coaching stints that have characterized the modern NBA.
Speaker 6: Now, now, don't go drive in your sleigh after you've tossed this hands back.
Speaker 4: The reindeer do all the steering. But speaking of the north pole, it's time I head back that way before.
Speaker 7: I overheat in this suit. So can I leave Randall's gifts here?
Speaker 3: You could leave his gifts here. We'll get those two and we'll make sure.
Speaker 4: Oh, just go on my merry way then.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, thank you Santa and Brody and Corey. We hope everyone is as joyful as we were come Christmas morning.
Speaker 1: Darn right.
Speaker 4: Happy Radio Live.
Speaker 3: Thank you Randall clause, Thank you Santa. We will u We will catch up with Brody and Corey later and we will get back to our regularly scheduled radio live events.
Speaker 1: I mean, considering how many podcasts there are in the world now, and Santa has opened himself up to one, yeah, I mean, that's that's tough bills.
Speaker 3: Listen, we've been trying to get some big, famous guests on this podcast lately, and we just got the biggest of them.
Speaker 2: All hard to top, especially this time of here.
Speaker 3: That's right, Phil, Let's let's take some break for some listener feedback. What's the chat have to say about?
Speaker 5: I think the chat was just so caught up in all the festivities that we haven't gotten a lot of questions, so please throw in some questions here. But we do have a question from Leland Hart. He asks, will anyone in the crew be scoring I have Alena skull now that Boone and Crockett just announced they will accept them.
Speaker 3: I've never killed a Haveleena.
Speaker 1: I've never killed the Havelina either, and I would like to get one.
Speaker 2: Yeohnnie, Oh well, we're gonna have some Havelina tags in Mexico in January, so Cal's gonna be to kill his first one.
Speaker 1: I've killed one.
Speaker 2: I don't believe it was any sort of a special specimen, so I will not be scoring the skull.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I'm not a huge scorer.
Speaker 2: I score every now and then, just so I know, kind of like what when someone says it's X big, I know what what I'm looking at. But yeah, I don't know. Hopefully B and C gets something out of having Boon and Crocket have a Lina.
Speaker 3: Measurements and friend of the show, Jim Hefflefinger, I think he was a big part of getting that across the finish line that have Alena would be a Boon and Crockett animal.
Speaker 1: You know what Jannis just said, like it it is very helpful to occasionally score something. It just it it anchors your your reference points, right, And we scored a not very great looking bull rack, you know officially for non official scorers, where we were taking it serious and and doing it the right way for once, and we were shocked. My buddy shot a bowl the last day archery season. Was more happy about just getting a bowl the last day archery season than getting this particular bowl. Just skull cap the thing. It was sitting in his cabin when we showed up on the floor, leaning up against a pile of sheds, and we were like, oh god, real long main beams, but yeah, not all that big, but oh boy, the mass is kind of nice. And then you're kind of like looking at it. And we finally scored the thing and it was a Legit just just a shade under three sixty.
Speaker 3: What did you think he was going to be like three thirty, right, because.
Speaker 1: You're just like, nothing really stood out as that impressive. But the width measurement and the mass.
Speaker 2: Will hide sometimes a lot of the other measurements.
Speaker 3: Just makes it easier to communicate. I saw one hundred and forty inch buck today I saw three hundred inch bowl.
Speaker 5: What else you got? Phil Brady a question for Cow. Thoughts on pampering hunting dogs. Gramps always claimed it will ruin them, Boy Brady.
Speaker 1: I think the best thing that you can do is have a dog that sleeps outside. I mean really really do And my dog does not. She's firmly wedged in the bed often before I get there. But I think, yeah, just builds up their cold tolerance.
Speaker 2: For sure.
Speaker 1: They get a much different coat if they're in like a you know, an insulated dog house outside. I think that's one of the better things that you can do for him. But you know, outside of that, I think the more time that you can spend with them, which would be pampering in some folks, eyes can really help that communication bond and a lot of the hunting aspects that you can run into.
Speaker 3: Cow goes for both ends of the spectrum. He lets snort sleep inside, but also lets snort get bit by rattlesnakes. So yeah, a little yin and yang.
Speaker 1: No, no relationship comes without risk, Phil, Yeah, I'll do one more. Has anyone here ever made a wild duck down pillow?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: There is that something you would even recommend doing. There is such a thing. I mean, I mean like the down that you get in your sleeping bags and stuff that is cooked in order to kill you know, natural parasites or fumigated in some fashion, which is something that you could definitely do at home. I know my grandma did do this, so it I mean, it's absolutely doable.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've just hearded the cleaning process. It's just a real pain in the dish.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because you're not looking for feathers in general, you're looking for the down feathers. So there's some some separation.
Speaker 3: Anything else.
Speaker 4: Phil.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we'll hold off on some until the end of the show.
Speaker 1: But yeah, please keep keep those questions coming in.
Speaker 3: Phil, I just want to make you see that later on in the show here we have one minute fishing. Did you talk to who we're calling about that? Yes? Yes, Okay, just making sure that we're on the same page, all right. We on our next segment is top threes.
Speaker 1: WHOA nailed it?
Speaker 2: Wow?
Speaker 3: Bill, it is a falsetto.
Speaker 1: You know, Phil.
Speaker 2: We have a very uh we have a invite not invite only, but our house isn't huge, but we have we hold a party every winter. Spencer's been once and I feel backs I can't invite everybody because we just don't have enough room. And I like to invite people that would enjoy the things that we the activities that we do at the party, which is basically ringing in the new year with some Latvian pagan like traditions. One of the things is singing, and so I got to thinking today because I was telling someone else about it. I was like, you know, Phil would be a great person and to have at the party, because then if you have somebody that can sing at that level, everybody feels a little more comfortable singing along.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, you could use a tenor there. There's a lot of basses and bear tones, right, so Phil would bring some much needed.
Speaker 5: Yeah, a lot of mono tones, a lot of no tones. Yeah, I would love to Yeah, anytime, anytime you'd have me. Okay, yeah, we'd invite you and your entire family. It's a it's a kid friendly event.
Speaker 3: But we need to hear your wife's first voice.
Speaker 2: No, as long as she will just sing along. Your kids get to play with molten lead. No. I think unfortunately, I think we're squashed.
Speaker 1: It's modern world caught up with that peg and ritual.
Speaker 3: Yanni, we display all we lead that we threw each Christmas, we put it off.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, and I appreciate. I like to hear that. But uh yeah, last year I think there was a kind of enough griping that we've decided to uh squash the lead pouring.
Speaker 3: Well glad I got to see it in it's and it's heyday, all right. This week we are ranking the three best Christmas gifts we've ever received. Cal you go first, what is the third best Christmas gift you've ever gotten?
Speaker 1: I got a okay, third third best.
Speaker 3: Exacting like I did an email him two days ago and say, hey, this is a segment we're doing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just I don't really like splitting them up. I got a prime rib roast for my mom one time, Like, oh that was pretty pretty bitching, okayty, Like a big old.
Speaker 2: Twenty pound chunk of meat, like a four rib roast.
Speaker 1: You know, you know, I mean like that runs you like ninety some bucks at the grocery store, right, So, I mean that's that's a nice gift. And you know, having that big corn fed fat beef is a pretty serious treat. When you answer as lean as ours ours?
Speaker 3: So when did you cook it up?
Speaker 2: Then?
Speaker 3: What occasion did you save it for?
Speaker 1: I think I ultimately cut it into steaks to kind of make it last longer, Okay, And then yeah, every every once in a while would grill up the big, big fat steak. Yahny jalapenos.
Speaker 3: Third best Christmas gift you've ever received?
Speaker 2: Man, I'm with cal It's hard to really rank these.
Speaker 3: Does that mean you're unprepared?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: No, no, no, Okay.
Speaker 2: I have a lot of good I've received a lot. The more I thought about it, I'm like, man, there's been so many good ones. But it's also been over the course of forty six years. But a Christmas gift that I still receive annually I hope to receive it again this year is that my in laws usually roll in or send us home if we're spending the holidays in North Carolina with a cooler full of headed shrimp.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, what do you do with them? Eat them?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 3: Beyond that, like what kind of ri do you cook them? When do you cook them?
Speaker 4: Is that?
Speaker 3: Like it's the thing you eat on Christmas?
Speaker 2: I mean, there's a lot, so we like to share it. With other you know, folks that would enjoy eating some shrimp. But often we just do a you know, a shrimp cocktail. We might we fry a lot of shrimp. We might just do like a boil and toss them in some hot casun butter, kind of a thing you don't do peel and eats. We keep it pretty simple. I don't get too fancy with the shrimp.
Speaker 3: Do you think they're bringing you some this year?
Speaker 2: I don't know, I don't ask. This is good and crossing my fingers.
Speaker 3: Uh huh. This is a good way to encourage them. Tell them that your third best gift you've ever received a shrimp.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, no, they're very aware that we are very appreciative of that freezer stuff.
Speaker 3: Or all right, third best gift I've ever received with some Kabellus waiters from my parents in high school. I was driving a Chevy Cavalier at the time, which is just a two door little car, not a lot of room, so I could fit those in my trunk and it unlocked a lot of fishing, a lot of hunting, and specifically bowfishing was my favorite thing at the time, so I could like fit my bow fishing rig and my waiters in the trunk, and that allowed me to kill hundreds of carp really satisfied me in high school. So those waiters got a lot of mileage out of them. Their best gift I ever received, I'm gonna do my second one too.
Speaker 1: It was, well, do we get an ask Phil? Does Phil get a play?
Speaker 3: Oh? Well, Phil was just doing some technical adjustments over here, Phil, you can play a long Oh well, I did not do the homework, Spenser, But maybe come back to me. I'll think, Okay, we'll swing. We'll swing by him at the end here. Second best gift I've received was my first trail cameras for my wife. She was my girlfriend at the time in college, and that was a Multuary M one hundred. I still remember what it was. That would have been like twenty eleven, and that was when trail cameras started to get really good and really affordable. I know if you guys ever dabbled the trail cameras like twenty years ago, but they were even more expensive than they are now and they performed really poorly. And that was right about the time. That was like a tipping point around twenty ten twenty twelve, when trail cameras got really good and anybody could could walk into a Cabellas and buy one with some confidence. So that that didn't make me a better deer hunter, but it made me a more excited deer hunter, was getting that first trail camera. So I'd say that's a second best Christmas gift I've ever received. Cal your second best Christmas gift.
Speaker 1: I would say I got my first semi auto shotgun when Chester Super X two, which is still like a fantastic waterfowl semi auto shotgun if you can find one. I recently saw that that thing on some lists of like used shotguns to look out for, and it is. It's fantastic shotgun. I shot shot the heck out of that thing.
Speaker 3: Were you shooting before that?
Speaker 1: Winchester thirteen hundred which used to be able to get for like one hundred and fifty bucks and it would come with a case of shells, and would you know, would just shoot those things until they fell apart. There's something with the arms on the slide that at some point that metal would just weaken and snap off. Yeah, I went, were a couple of those.
Speaker 3: What age were you then? When you got that Semiato, probably.
Speaker 1: Twenty.
Speaker 3: It's a good gift to begin to semi yado. It's a good time to beginning to Semiato. Shotgun huge, Yeah, Yanni. Second best Christmas gift you've ever received?
Speaker 2: Also a firearm? Oh, my dad gave me a Remington seven hundred. I believe it was the beat L which has the detachable or not detachable, just has the hinge floor plate.
Speaker 3: Uh huh.
Speaker 2: But chambered in thirty at six, ok And how old were you? Probably fourteen fifteen ish because we could hont. We couldn't haunt with a rifle in Michigan, but we could in Wisconsin, Okay. And so I think then like the next year I went and killed my first buck with that rifle in Wisconsin.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna give my number one. It was also a Remington seven hundred hey from my parents in high school. I think it'd have been like fifteen years old. That was a three o eight that I got, And that was the gun that I used to kill my first antelope, my first elk, my first mule deer. That was the rifle that like allowed me to, I guess, become more of a generalist hunter beyond just a white Tail guy was having my own, my very own rifle, and it was a three eight and a Remington seven hundred. Just it just worked good for everything. So Yanni's second best gift ever was a Remington seven hundred. My best gift ever Remington seven hundred. Yanni, what was the best gift you ever got?
Speaker 2: My youngest daughter was born, which is an early Christmas present, but she was but Jennifer reminded me this morning that she was supposed to be a Thanksgiving baby. She was quite a bit late, and which usually doesn't make the carrier of the baby happy, but it was very nice gift. Two weeks later, we drove from where we were living in Salt Lake, we drove to Michigan. So that was twenty thirteen. I forget what they called it. It wasn't the polar of vortex that like went down into Texas or whatever, but it was a storm that came into the Midwest and it literally just put a sheet of ice basically from somewhere in the Dakota's all the way into the you know, into the Great Lake States and some of the craziest, scariest driving I've ever experienced.
Speaker 3: There was a moment far of a drive.
Speaker 2: Long enough we had to stay overnight, oh you know, two days of driving, and to do that with a two week old baby in the middle of winters, maybe not wasn't a good decision. But there was a moment where I drove through very slowly through a recently happened accident where there was multiple cars like stuff littered on the highway, and I just was like, I think the best idea is just to keep weaving and moving, like, don't touch the brakes, don't hit the gas, you know, and just get away from all of this. But yeah, it was pretty intense.
Speaker 3: So she was a better Christmas gift than your rifle dad gave you. Oh yeah, okay, cal best Christmas gift you ever received. And then we're going to hear from Philly engineer.
Speaker 1: I think so my mom, and it'd be I can't really remember if it was. I think it may have been more of a birthday present, but sometimes a Christmas present would be renewal subscriptions to Outdoor Life and Field and Stream and my dad so a combo deal, uh, Collected Works of Jack London. It's a big thick book. But both of those were you know, like definitely like the things that I would read and read and read that were just like because I really didn't have anybody that was like really enamored with hunting and fishing in my social circle like growing up, you know, so like there were folks who dabbled in it, but you know, it wasn't that was like my main resource.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: It's like and you know, not like internet stuff or anything like that that you know, just wasn't part of the learning experience at that point.
Speaker 3: So okay, Well, if anyone out there is shopping for a gift for the three of us, you could get us a gun, books, or a child. That's it's as top of our list.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but number three is good too, which would be you know food.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean yeah, food. Really, it's such a good gift.
Speaker 3: I mean, look at this Brody Henderson mule deer brats.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And anybody who does this stuff knows that sausage is expensive. Whether you make it on your own or pay to have it done, it ain't cheap. It's time and and money, and it's arguably like the most expensive thing in your freezer. And it's almost always the thing that I give away, And I mean ducks make people very happy to for those those of you who can appreciate a good duck.
Speaker 2: That's right, I was gonna I was gonna add to that one say that I ain't give a duck to nobody.
Speaker 1: Oh dude, it's just anybody.
Speaker 3: Especially a plucked one like that.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, if like Brody, I know that when he thaws that thing out, it will be treated properly, it would be enjoyed. But I can't say that about everybody.
Speaker 3: Yeah, fill the engineers of Remington seven hundred. Also with the time of your list, it's not no.
Speaker 5: And also both my kids were born in the spring, so I don't have that cop out.
Speaker 1: Either, cop cop Yeah, I was thinking the same thing, Thank you, cal.
Speaker 3: I mean this, this is easy.
Speaker 5: I mean number three PlayStation two that was in the year two thousand and number two probably the game Boy Advance in nineteen ninety eight, and number one's PlayStation one.
Speaker 3: I think that was ninety seven. Hell yeah, Phil, Hell yeah.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 3: Moving on, our next segment is meat Pole.
Speaker 1: Say if Chully and Meatball is a take welcome to me, eat ready, I got a game? Oh yeah, white boards, oh white boards?
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 3: Meat Pole is a test of how much you know about your fellow hunters and anglers. I surveyed five hundred Meat Eater listeners about personal preferences and personal experiences. Your job is to predict their answers. There are three questions. Whoever is closest to the correct answer between col and Giannis gets a point. Whoever gets two points will be the winner, and everyone in the chat should play along as well, because Phil is going to watch for your answers and give a shout out to whoever is closest.
Speaker 2: You boys, ready, Yeah, I'm having a little Christmas cooking, all right.
Speaker 3: The first question what percentage of Meat Eater listeners plan to serve wild game on Christmas this year? So you're going to write down a number as a percent What percentage of meat Eater listeners plan to serve wild game on Christmas this year?
Speaker 2: Can't believe you guys thought that was a cop out.
Speaker 3: I mean December fifth, closer to Thanksgiving, Yanni, it is. But cal what are you serving on Christmas this year?
Speaker 1: Well, I'll I'm definitely be cooking some game on Christmas. Haven't cleared that with the program manager yet, But Christmas Eve, I have a whole antelope ham that I'm gonna, you know, make all super nice in the smoker, get a good salty, briny crust on.
Speaker 3: There, and you got to start on that.
Speaker 1: Then I'll do that Christmas Eve morning and then do like hard rolls and a couple of little sandwich spread sauces. Well, you're only gonna brin it for a day, no, So what I like to do is just do like a salt rub the night before and then which is a Brian but and then put it on the pellet grill and then make a mop. So it's it's hard with a pellet grill because you lose so much heat, but like just three twenty five ish and then do like a rosemary time garlic, more salt, butter and olive oil and then mop that on that roast over and over again, like every twenty minutes. And it really extends the cooking time. But you get this nice like salty crust on there. It's kind of like Mediterranean style. You can put to zeke out something like that. But and it works awesome with antelope specifically, but then folks can kind of build their own little sandwiches. Yeah, and then I'm going to make a huge thing poke out of a chunk of the yellowfin that we got from meat eater Experiences. And then I might do meat balls too, some fresh ground elk meatballs and a nice homemade marinara sauce.
Speaker 2: And I'm guessing that you must be hosting. Well, my uncle Mike's hosting. And in his words, this is one of the original col Callahans. In his words, I'm providing the house and I will buy whatever you tell me. He's like, that's all I can tribute, which is a lot of It was a huge contribution to.
Speaker 3: See the program manager. That's referring to someone else.
Speaker 1: That's referring to somebody else on Christmas Day. There's Christmas Day responsibilities, but Christmas Eve responsibilities are helping provide the food for eighteen people. Oh, my uncle Mike's hosting. He'll buy some of the beer and the and the and the booze. And then he likes to do uh not a bool ya baze. What's the other seafood kind of stew chowder? Kids, it's the sea. It's like a friendship.
Speaker 2: Pinoino.
Speaker 1: Thank you, good job, Team Italian.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so cal you better get that paperwork submitted then to the program manager. So you can figure out Christmas Day again. The question they're answering is what percentage of meat eater listeners plan to serve wild game on Christmas this year? You two ready reveal your answers. Cal says eighty six. Col Jiannis says sixty five percent. The correct high is forty four point seven, meaning Yanni takes the first point of the game a.
Speaker 1: Twentieth directly proportionate reflective of people who were successful and were not successful. We had Jerry in the chat saying forty five.
Speaker 3: Forty five on Jerry point seven points off. A twenty twenty you gov poll looked at the most popular Christmas dishes in America. They found that turkey, prime, rib, roast, beef, steak, chicken, pork loin, and ham are the favorites, while goose, duck, lamb, and fish had the lowest approval ratings.
Speaker 2: I got a good Christmas duck story. We still tell it. I think that the the details in the story have been skewed, and if my brother was here, he could better tell the story. But the short version of it is excuse me. We're at my grandmother's in Chicago and she cooked duck for Christmas.
Speaker 3: And she did the duck comfort.
Speaker 1: Farm, duck farm duck yep.
Speaker 2: And she was a good cook, considered herself a good cook and took a lot of pride in, you know, decorating for the holidays and having just a supreme spread. And uh, it's whenever it's served, we sit down, it's duck. It looks beautiful. And my brother asked for ketchup and that did not go.
Speaker 1: Over well with Grandma.
Speaker 2: And I don't forget exactly you know what would happened after that? Did he get his ketchup? I don't even remember that far. I just remember that he asked for it, and that's that's when the ship stored.
Speaker 1: Mam lose it. She would be visibly angered.
Speaker 3: Question two, what percentage of me deater listeners have killed a deer on Christmas Day? And Yanni took the first point. He was close on figuring it out. What percentage of listeners are serving wild game on Christmas this year? I went on question two, what percentage of me eat listeners have killed a deer on Christmas Day? Have either of you killed a deer on Christmas Day?
Speaker 2: Plenty of birds, Okay, I don't believe, so I just killed my first deer on Thanksgiving Day this year, which I thought.
Speaker 1: Was kind of fun and cool.
Speaker 2: You know, I didn't even think i'd ever be hunting on Thanksgiving Day, let alone get lucky enough to kill a deer.
Speaker 3: How do you think you'd ever hunt on Thanksgiving Day?
Speaker 2: Well, because usually I was never in a spot where that was Like, I know, for some people that's just tradition, right that, like Thanksgiving Day you're out hunting, But I don't know, for us, we're usually just with I don't know, maybe I'm not membering things correctly because maybe I've been on a squirrel hunt Thanksgiving Day that I think about it. But anyways, I'm hoping to make it a tradition again.
Speaker 3: What percentage of listeners have killed a deer on Christmas Day? Are you two ready?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Oh man? According to our folks right now, I am way high.
Speaker 3: Go ahead and reveal your answers. Cal says eleven percent, Yanni says seven percent. One of you is within one percent of the correct answer. The correct answer is six point two percent.
Speaker 1: At Yani, Yeah, I forgot you. Guys can see me over here. But guess what we had three people get it right? We had Benjamin say six two damn Cuba. Steve said six too. Danny It said, hell yeah, damn.
Speaker 3: The chat is.
Speaker 1: What we've learned here is I believe more in our audience than our audience does.
Speaker 3: Alabama has one of the most unique ruts in North America, with peak rut dates ranging from mid November to mid February, and according to Dear Fetal Collections, Christmas Day is actually peak rut in some parts of the state. Oh, here's question three. We already know Yanni want it, but we're gonna look at this last one anyway. What percentage of meat eater listeners think Yannis is a better gift giver than Cal?
Speaker 1: How would they even know?
Speaker 3: They they've been consuming content with you two for years and they've maybe gathered some info in that time. What percentage of listeners think Yanni is a better gift giver than Cal? Yanni? Who do you think it's a better gift giver?
Speaker 2: What did you what did you give this?
Speaker 3: Oh? You gave ducks like what you call it's a kit.
Speaker 2: Of every day I mean, it hasn't been two weeks since the last time someone at my house was like, I can't find the super glu you know now we'll have an extra tube kicking around.
Speaker 3: Both gave good gift to solve.
Speaker 1: I was looking for bag bam but they didn't didn't have it at the grocery store. So because that's that's helpful stuff, especially for Yanni's running career.
Speaker 3: So dry weather of listeners think Yanni is a better gift giver than Cal.
Speaker 2: Are you If I was to say ten percent, that would mean that ninety percent of them thought that Cal was a better that's correct.
Speaker 3: We surveyed five hundred people to get this answer.
Speaker 1: Wow, oh better a gift giver. John Flynn says one hundred and ten percent of the people, thank your gift?
Speaker 3: Are you ready?
Speaker 4: Yanni?
Speaker 3: Sure? Reveal by your own stuff? Okay. Cal says fifty four percent of listeners think Yanni is a better gift giver than Cal, and Yanni says eighty percent of listeners think Yanni is a better gift giver than This.
Speaker 2: Is not a reflection of what I I think, this is what I think the listeners think.
Speaker 3: Well, it's a clean sweep for Yanni. This week, seventy three point one percent of listeners said they think Yanni is a better gift giver.
Speaker 5: We had Evan guessing seventy three point five.
Speaker 3: Wow. Evan Yanni is our winner of this week's game of meat Pool. All right, next it's a fun game, Spencer, Thank you, Yanni. I think it fits into radio well. Next up we are doing one minute Fishing.
Speaker 1: Do I feel lucky? Oh boy?
Speaker 5: Do you.
Speaker 4: Go ahead?
Speaker 1: Make my cast for folks who don't know that Percentage game is something that we started doing at the Live Live Podcast Live Tour, and it is. It is pretty fun to be able to stare out at the audience and be like fifty of this crowd. Yeah.
Speaker 3: We learn a lot about folks in Anaheim and Salt Lake City and Missoula. My favorite question to ask is what percentage of people think that their state game agency is corrupt? Yeah, and it's often more than half in any state you're in.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 3: One Minute Fishing is where we go live to someone who's fishing and they have one minute to catch a fish, and if they're successful, we'll make a five hundred dollars donation to a conservation group. This week, our angler is Santa Claus, who's at an undisclosed location somewhere in the Northern Hemisphere. And he's fishing for a donation to the Theodore Roosevelt Conservation Partnership. Oh, he's even in a boat. I didn't know Santa was going to be in a boat.
Speaker 4: Hello, boys, how are you today?
Speaker 3: Wow?
Speaker 2: Well you just saw it, Santa, don't you know.
Speaker 4: I'm everywhere all at once. That's how this whole thing works.
Speaker 1: You got it someplace sunny.
Speaker 4: Oh it's extremely hot out here. I thought it'd be cooler than it was in the podcast studio, but I'm still uncomfortable in my suit.
Speaker 2: How did you transport your canoe, santay?
Speaker 4: Of course?
Speaker 3: Oh, of course, I mean that makes sense. Santa is in an actual canoe. He has found soft water somewhere here in the Gallatin Valley unless he went somewhere else totally. He does have a slave to transport himself and marry on ice.
Speaker 1: I don't see any ripples coming off that canoe.
Speaker 4: It's mostly hard water, but there's a little bit of soft water, and we didn't feel comfortable getting on the ice today.
Speaker 3: Okay, he.
Speaker 1: Is being safe.
Speaker 3: He has a little orange life vest on that I I don't know if that's gonna work if we get in an emergency. All Right, Santa Claus. Okay, but it is legal. Santa Claus, what are we fishing for today?
Speaker 4: We're fishing for some perch, I'm told.
Speaker 3: Okay, and what tactics are you using.
Speaker 4: We've got a little jighead here, a little sort of a fire tiger type jighead with some uh, some muleworms.
Speaker 3: Okay, Santa. Well, the maybe the meat Eater uh flagship store in downtown Boseman, because they do sell bait. So if you're in the Gallatin Valley and you find that you need some bait, swinging to the meat Eater store. Okay, Santa Claus, your one minute starts whenever you make your first cast.
Speaker 1: Oh is that his special light at his feet?
Speaker 3: Well, his special light is sitting right here, so he must have.
Speaker 4: A different that's a different beer.
Speaker 3: Okay, Santa Claus is now jigging. It's a very gentle motion he's using.
Speaker 1: It's a pretty aggressive jig though.
Speaker 3: Oh sure, yeah. That is a short rod that he has as well. It's like something something between an ice fishing pole and a regular jigging pole.
Speaker 1: You don't think that's the ice fishing run.
Speaker 3: It looks I mean, it looks an ice fishing r did ice. You're thirty seconds in.
Speaker 2: Did you see that fella running?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Santa is somewhere just looking at Santa's jigging motion here. I don't think all sant Nax's a real perch fisher.
Speaker 3: Well, you can give us some tips. He's got ten seconds left.
Speaker 1: The shaky wrist, slow it down a little bit. Yeah, happened. Drank way too much the night before and your hands are shaken.
Speaker 3: All right, it's like a drink near. Is his boot down there?
Speaker 2: I don't know it's he did mention some eggnog.
Speaker 3: Your one minute is over, but he's still fishing anyway, Santa. I'm disappointing we couldn't make it happen for the Christmas episode of Media to Radio Live.
Speaker 4: Although I do believe in the magic of Christmas, I did not have a lot of confidence that this would.
Speaker 3: Okay, well, thank you for joining us, Randall clause, Where are you off to next? Where are we going to see you after this?
Speaker 4: I hope.
Speaker 1: And he did.
Speaker 3: He did not bring a change of clothes, so you may actually see him in Chipotle. All right, see you later, Santa. Thanks Sanna. Okay. That brings us to the end of this week's show, Phil, let's get some final feedback from the chat. Fifty five minutes.
Speaker 5: Why Bye Wow, Mogor asks, Hey Spencer, when you found out that your favorite beer was going out of production, how much did you stockpo for yourself? Thank you for your answer. I think you've talked about this before, but it's been a while, right.
Speaker 3: Yes, So it was, Uh, there were rumors that it was happening for a while, so I spent like a year just collecting, and I had like people in my network, my family and my friends also trying to get it. Yeah, because well they don't sell any of it in Montana either. When they did sell Ham Special, it's like sort of a Great Lakes Midwestern thing. Maybe maybe in the Northeast as well, but we didn't have it this far west. So I was really stockpiling it. And you would see in Facebook groups when someone posts like the Walmart and Mitchell South Dakota just got more Ham Special light. I'd had a small but loyal following what kind of a Facebook group like a a Ham's Facebook group. Yeah, and again there were rumors for a while that this was going to happen. How it worked was during COVID Molson Coors, who I think is the larger entity that brews Hams and Ham Special Light. They cut back production during COVID like like a lot of places had to. And when they did that, they realized, Hey, maybe we don't have to sell all of these niche beers anymore because it's not really affecting our bottom line. And so they caught thirteen of their products. One of them was, sadly, the Ham Special Light. So I am down to my third to last case. I think by the time it was formally announced that they were canceling it, I had like ten cases left. So it's we're down to the line.
Speaker 2: You're telling us the other day that they're getting they've outlived their shelf life.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So a lot people are always in my Instagram comments like beer, don't keep those things gotta be green. I get that. But you know what's better than no Ham Special Light is a slightly off Ham Special Light. So they they are starting to taste slightly different, just a more mature beer. Now you got to drink a mice cold. You don't drink a Ham Special Light or room temperature anymore. What else we got?
Speaker 5: Phil Ben's asking tomorrow's my birthday, and I'm Spencer's number one fan. Can you send me a personalized message from his hot tub? Do you have a cameo account Spencer one?
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 3: Ben is someone I went to high school with. Oh, it's just it's a little little prank from Ben. Yeah, and you a message Ben from the hot tub.
Speaker 1: That's a whole different revenue stream thoughts from Spencer's hot tub.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we'll give give them money to conservation.
Speaker 1: Leland asks, what is what is better to prep for quail hunting? Skeeter trap? What hunting style does each prep four better?
Speaker 3: What do you got, cal?
Speaker 1: I mean whatever you can make time for. For sure, more shooting in the off season develops muscle memory, and yeah, I mean that is the number one thing is mounting that gun the same way every single time and shooting from your toes not your heels, an aggressive stance, and you can hone that skill way better in the off season than you can during the hunting season. But yeah, boy, the sporting plays. If you can make it out to Sporting Clays, that's a great way to do it because you just see a bunch of different angles and go, you know, try to make some time to do it. When it's not busy and you can spend time at different stations playing them over and over again for those those tricky shots.
Speaker 2: But maybe for quail the trap just because it comes out from under your feet kind of.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, yeah, if you had to pick one, yeah, because it's.
Speaker 2: Not you're going to get a big passing shot on a quill.
Speaker 1: No not, I mean it all happens out there, but yeah, I think if you're flushing, birds are typically gonna come out and go away from you.
Speaker 3: Bill anything else? Ah, yeah, we can do one more.
Speaker 5: Bradley asks, where do you do most of your Christmas shopping for your significant other? I bought most of my presents at Minards this year, and you guys have like go to outlets for your girlfriend or wife.
Speaker 3: Bradley is, uh, he's a good Midwesterner going to minards. You save big money there. You gotta send you.
Speaker 2: Look he's a big trap or skeek guy judging by his picture there. No, I don't. I didn't.
Speaker 1: I didn't.
Speaker 2: I bought very few gifts this year. Everybody has what they need in my house.
Speaker 3: There you go. I got my wife's gift from eBay this year, but she might be listening, so I'm not going to say what it is. Calany any thoughts on this?
Speaker 1: Yeah, boy, I think actions over more stuff. Everybody has access to stuff at the you know, all the time these days, so.
Speaker 3: Could be the action of buying something.
Speaker 1: There's a list of things that I need to get done that would make somebody very happy. Oh buddy, tell me about that.
Speaker 3: Phil, what else you got? How about we call the show guys. Okay, we just hit minute sixty and I can hear there's an all company meeting happening upstairs right.
Speaker 2: Now, right now, and you're right, sat Nick, need to get to that.
Speaker 3: All right, everyone, Merry Christmas, Thank you, and Phil. Next week we do not have a show, Yes next week.
Speaker 5: Here we were dropping a couple of episodes of the kids podcast on the meat Eater Feed, but there are even more over on the meat Eater Kids Feed. So if you're a parent and you're listening to this show right now, go subscribe to the new feed if you haven't, if you haven't done that already. But we'll drop in a few more episodes and then we will also be back with a new episode on January second, but it will be pre taped, so it'll be live stream, but it'll be pre recorded so but then after that we're live again for the foreseeable future.
Speaker 3: All right, Merry Christmas. We'll see you back here in the new year.
Speaker 1: Have a fun one, get outside,