Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This is the Player's Lounge, broadcasting live from Dallas Cowboys World headquarters at the Star. Now your hosts Barry Church, Danny McCrae, Heckma Harrison, and new he scrugs.
Speaker 3: Hey, I am mad. Is that time Monday?
Speaker 4: We got some shots? You gonna put that on? You can, babe. I'm still like what Amen saying that?
Speaker 5: Man sun up, man, congratul I'm sorry, Barry Church, heck Maherson, Danny Scrug players, go ahead, but I got him shift.
Speaker 4: Here, get out, I'm saying. That's all. You know what I'm saying. I'm happy to ask you.
Speaker 6: My young brothers get paid, all right, So everybody paying attention to Lamar Jackson and what he's going through.
Speaker 4: But don't let it.
Speaker 6: Slide that another young brother got paid.
Speaker 4: You want you want him again.
Speaker 5: According to Adam Scheff, the Jamien her has signed a five year extension two hundred and fifty five million dollars, including one hundred and seventy nine point three oh four guarantee guarantee. That's a shout out to his agent, that's when you go.
Speaker 6: Shout out to his agent was Astley, Yo. Yeah, when you go to Super Bowl you do what you what he did?
Speaker 4: You know what?
Speaker 6: Coming into the year, people are like, man, he got approved, he got approved the mation he could.
Speaker 5: Be our starter one you happy age, you happy age.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 6: Listen, you already know how I feel about the path taking. And it's not the Eagles any of that.
Speaker 5: It's he's at Alabama, he loses his job in the National Championship, he sits on the bitch for a year, don't complains, none of that, goes over the Open takes them to the tournament right go to the Eagles.
Speaker 6: They're like, man, I don't even know. I'm not even sure about the guy. Man, we might not get he go to Super Bowl the year after that when everybody have all these questions about him and get paid one hundred and seventy nine million dollars guaranteed. I'm just saying, as an undrafted free agent guy, when you think about like the path that these people have to say.
Speaker 5: He's not undrafted, but he was one of those guys that you're like, I'm not sure the path to get there. That's hard to do, man, thank you for doing that, Philly boy. It's gonna make a lot of things harder for you and sign another guy.
Speaker 7: So yeah, we like that, like that, we like that Howie Roseman. Give Howie credit as a general manager. They had given Carson Wentz a bag. He was averaging thirty two million a year, so they gave him the bag. He was supposed to be this guy. They figured out he wasn't the guy. They ate the money. Okay, they had a big old cap hit. I think it was the largest cap hit hit ever. So they ate it, traded him off to the Colts, said Hurts, you're the guy, gave him weapons and a new coach.
Speaker 4: Dude.
Speaker 7: They went out and did it, and so went to a Super Bowl. So props to Jalen Hurts.
Speaker 4: And I like you.
Speaker 7: Am happy for the young man from Houston, Texas who got bench during the National Championship game, didn't pout, wins the game with Tua. They nothing but boys. The next year he's a backup, goes and saves the game. They win the SEC championship. Then he transfers to oklub with Oklahoma wins a big twelve times. And I'm happy for the person and to see that young man be tested through perseverance. He kept his faith in the Lord and man he's been rewarded. So for me, man, I'm happy as heck, especially when I see how guys I like Marlon Briscow didn't get this kind of opportunity. Shaq Harris didn't get this opportunity. You know, Quincy Carter. I am a a I'm a fan of Quincy the person, but Quincy didn't take advantage of his opportunity. Jalen Hurts did. Man, Props to him, man, And if you're Dak Prescott, you know what you're doing, you calling him saying thank you, thank you man, because it just you know, it was just rise and time. I mean, there's not gonna be agents out here signing less ages, gonna be out here signing more.
Speaker 4: So Lamar should be happy.
Speaker 7: To Lamar Jackson, you should be happy because you're saying, hey, every time one of these guys, this is Beverly Hills guys, they ain't got no sales.
Speaker 4: In the front lawns and hill off no. So good for Jalen Hurts Man, Good for him.
Speaker 5: And you love to see the development like you were talking about with Hurts I mean, you know, first year is a full starter. He gets this team to the playoffs wild card. They got this man ohed by a Great Bucks team at that at that stage.
Speaker 2: But in the very next.
Speaker 5: Year he takes them to the super Bowl, and the organization around him did him all the just do I mean, hell, you.
Speaker 4: Look what they did.
Speaker 5: They brought in all those weapons just for him. You know what, We're making you the guy, and we're gonna do what you do best out there. Let you, you know, improvise out there and get these weapons around you so you can make the most of your opportunities out there, not like what they do in Baltimore with Lamar. I mean, I couldn't even name. You know, only reason I know the one receiver bating is because you know he has a social media where he was going back and forth. But other than that, I don't even know the receivers he had to throw to out there. Hollywood Brown, he got up out of there.
Speaker 6: You gotta touchdown though, because I want for that one. And they got the other boy. They got your other boy.
Speaker 5: Now, so they got a boy, your other boy they got there.
Speaker 6: That's how That's how I know Lamar Jason coming back That's how I know he'll be back.
Speaker 2: He's gonna be playing, he's.
Speaker 4: Gonna be all right.
Speaker 6: Look, it's hard for me not to hate y'all know it. So I'm just gonna say congratulations to the brother. You throw the lord in and I ain't got nothing negative to say about.
Speaker 4: The man clause to no agent, no trade, no trade clause.
Speaker 2: They did.
Speaker 4: They did a good job.
Speaker 5: And and obviously when you see a quarterback reset the mar not reset the market, because obviously they are big still bigger contracts out there. But I'm just I'm just anticipating what is Joe Burrow's cod what are.
Speaker 4: Some of these other contracts going to look like?
Speaker 6: And when you look at More, when you look at when you look at when you look at Baltimore, and the way that they're dragging their feet with this Lamar Jackson deal, that that to me says, look, get off the pot, man, I don't take care of this whole deal. And so you guys, can you know further your your your organization along. But you're right if you're dak if you're coming back to the table to negotiate your deal.
Speaker 2: You love to see.
Speaker 7: This, dude, Burrow Herbert da everyvice should be calling Jaylen a man, thank you, appreciate you, thank you man. Next time we see you at wherever whever we bind a drinking.
Speaker 6: You know, he's to tell them go to the super Bowl, going to the super Bowl, all right, cause that's what they're gonna They gonna come back and say, hey man, look that man got paid playoffs first starting year, super Bowl next year, were expecting them to go to the super Bowl, And yeah, that's that's that's what that's what the.
Speaker 4: Eagles gonna say.
Speaker 5: Hey man, Well all the other other people say, all right, hey bro, you take the super Bowl. We give you that type of bread. Yeah, I'm actually I'm actually just staying talking. I'm standing on the market that we got that guy over there now so we don't see y'all know who I'm talking about. Act like now, y'all forget who I'm talking about now, you know you know.
Speaker 8: What I'm talking about on the back be walking, were being in this conversation five week because I'm give him some time. We gonna see alrightyr I can't wait for it, can we make.
Speaker 4: I'm not.
Speaker 6: Paid for my last last because you saying, you know, one thing we know about new Alright, he's gonna get it for free. A right, I know we're gonna get it for free. I know you all right with that? That's cool.
Speaker 4: I want to see the heartache and pain.
Speaker 6: With somebody losing bait, you know what I'm saying, Like when Church losses back, he went up there, I had a receipt and all that and say how much you pay your rece zero dollars and zero get a receipt.
Speaker 5: Hold on this man sitting over here too long? Then with me, man, I appreciate that. Brother, all ready to make that, Let's let me know.
Speaker 4: I'm ready.
Speaker 5: I'm ready to come from the stipulations, you know what's going to write the contract up and make sure everybody signed. We're not. We will go upstairs get it notized, witness, and they got people here to do that, so he'll notarize that thing.
Speaker 4: So that's all good.
Speaker 7: But Lamar Jackson deals he wants it well, they're saying, because this is what the teams do. They're saying, he wants it all guaranteed, and that not having an agent has held him up. I would, and you guys play, I don't know. I just have covered this thing long enough that I would have hired someone even if I just hired somebody for one damn year, I would have hired somebody because you're not where you want to be and you can potentially get back out there again and get hurt.
Speaker 4: I mean, Kirk.
Speaker 7: Cousins consider being these three year guaranteed deals. How's Lamar not gotten something? Find somebody to help you out, man, because there's no reason why talent like that with an MVP trophy sitting right here now, and I think I.
Speaker 4: Think you gotta hire somebody. I'm with you on that.
Speaker 5: I think you got to because look, as a player in the NFL in the offseason, it's not like you got time to be out there calling all these different teams and vouching for yourself. This is what I can bring to your team, and maybe if you if you get the Ravens a first and the third, you know maybe that we can work something out.
Speaker 4: You ain't got time for that. You're over there trying to.
Speaker 5: Make sure your body's in tip top shape, You're making sure you know your family's good, all that stuff, and that's why you hire an agent to be that kind of middle ground to go out there and do everything for you. And understand he got he got his moms and all that good stuff, But is she certified to be out there talking to teams? So I mean you got you gotta hire somebody like new he said, maybe just for a year, just to get this deal done and then you can go about your separate ways. But I think you got to bring somebody into the table. Yeah, I mean you can't even I mean just reading contracts or understand it. You're understanding that yours. When you read it, it may seem offensive, but then you don't have anything to compare it to that, right, So you look and say a man, Nah, No, you have say ay, man, just so you know this person, this person, that person, this person also have that in their contract as well, so it's not like they just doing this only to.
Speaker 2: You, right motions.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you need to be able to have somebody who can who can look through it and really like paint the picture for what they're really trying to do for you, versus like now I don't like that, get it out of my face. I mean, but you two guys have signed contracts for a bag, so you've had advisors and people tell you where you fit in at your position being undrafted, getting playing time where you should be played, and the NFL has certain accelerators that show you, like, listen, this is hey, you were drafted undrafted here, but because of the playing time that you're getting, this is the amount of money that you should be getting.
Speaker 4: When you talk about Lamar.
Speaker 5: As a top tier athlete or a top tier quarterback, some of this should be really easy.
Speaker 2: One seventy nine.
Speaker 4: Guaranteed, two fifty five.
Speaker 5: Only person that got guaranteed was Deshaun Watson and Kirk Cousins.
Speaker 4: So let's just talk about this.
Speaker 6: It should it should be easy to get an advisor to fit this in very easily for him. When they're talking about taking away years, I think Lamar was talking about three years, one fifty five.
Speaker 2: Sixty something like that.
Speaker 6: A'll fully guaranteed because of the way that they are negotiating the obviously they're negotiating a rate what they want to pay him less, not give him the same clauses and no trade and all of that. Look, man, this is really cut and dry for me. For Lamar, this is what I want. I want something identical to what I just saw right here. If it's a dollar more, because that's all you want, That's all I want. I just want to make more than him. You know you ain't mean more than this guy, So those things to me are easy. Him not having an agent isn't the biggest deal breaker. Too many other guys have negotiated that deals without agents.
Speaker 4: So let's not act like he's the outlier.
Speaker 5: But let's not act like he's the outlier, especially when it comes down to resetting the market. This is he just reset the market, right, So look, I just want to deal compared to that, the same amount of money in there five years.
Speaker 4: Don't give me a three year or two year? Did get me? Come on? Break me off just like that. So I'm gonna speak to what you were saying. Here's the other portion of it.
Speaker 7: In Minnesota, you had owners that wanted cousins and they were willing to pay that. In Cleveland, the haslms were that desperate because Deshaun Watson was going to Atlanta. I remember the tweet that Kyle Pitts put out there. It was cryptic, but it told you, like, man, we're about to get him coming home. So the Haslms got desperate and put it out there.
Speaker 4: Steve a shot.
Speaker 7: He said, I'm not paying guaranteed money. Jim Mercey said, we're not paying guaranteed money. So from Lamar Jackson, where you got to get to is understanding that when you talk about this kind of deal with Jalen Hurts, okay, one seventy nine guaranteed contrast says two fifty five. Are you okay with that? But the people you're trying to deal with your technical owner right now. Then you put it out there that you're able to be traded for, and only only the Colts have seem interested. Nobody's willing right now to go where you want to go.
Speaker 4: Now that's up.
Speaker 5: I mean, look, guaranteed contracts in the NFL, I don't think you'll ever see it. And the reason is probably because of injuries, period, and that's that's probably why. And for Lamar Jackson and the stigma that's around him is injury. He's injury prone.
Speaker 6: It's a few games over the last two years, absolutely, And so I mean him protecting himself.
Speaker 2: Unlet's just generational wealth.
Speaker 6: As everybody throw around, He's entitled to be looked at, just like the top of the top guys that you see right now negotiating contracts. I don't know why it's looked at any different from him.
Speaker 4: As Jalen Hurts.
Speaker 5: Jalen Hurts is still he's Isn't he perceived as a running quarterback.
Speaker 4: He's a mobile quarterback.
Speaker 5: I'm not gonna put him and Lamar Jackson not the same when it comes to what makes them special. Lamar Jackson is a four to four guy who does when you see him scramble.
Speaker 4: It's a lot different than Jalen Hurts.
Speaker 5: It's more of like a Russell Wilson scramble versus what you see when you see a Lamar Jackson, more like Michael Whi's quarter Who who?
Speaker 2: No, no? Who would you take right now? If Lamar Jackson or Jalen.
Speaker 5: Hurts, Man, that's what I just saw last year Jalen Hurts.
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 6: The number seid bro The dude just went to Lamar Jackson went to the Super Bowl. Lamar Jackson got an MV past Lamar Jackson. No, Yes, you asked a rhetorical question. I saw I'm throwing in there that he has MVP. Come on now, you said who's better? I'm just saying one dude, one guy's you like? You sound like church?
Speaker 4: Who's better? Joe Burrow Nah, justin Herbert is because what.
Speaker 9: No Joe Burrow.
Speaker 6: Joe Burrow went to the super Bowl, Lamar Jackson ain't been to the super Bowl as he talking about, and we know that's what happens.
Speaker 4: I'm not.
Speaker 5: It's just the same wre you talking about. You know, Herbert and Borrow, Hurts and Jackson. It's the same thing as far as who's surrounding them, the weapons that they have. When you look at when you come on, you're giving me that look when you look at him. I ain't gonna on that to the conversation, even though we know he has a better supporting cast. But when you look at Baltimore, you know who's he throwing to? Mark Jackson, Who's I mean, he's a legit, Mark too much basketball? Too much basketball Brown, Okay, I mean he's a beast at the tight end. But you can contain a tight end. When you look at you know what Hurts is throwing to. You got a beast at the tight end with Dallas got you got those two receivers on the outside, I mean off, it's a line.
Speaker 4: So I mean it's.
Speaker 5: Tough to say who's better because the surrounding cast. Hurts in my opinion is that is, you know he is better than.
Speaker 7: You need an agent somebody to get out here to help promote.
Speaker 4: The need to come on that who's.
Speaker 6: The last person to get paid for the eaves of those people that you nam Hurts is the last one who's gonna be the first person to get paid And then you have to figure out how to get them pieces around him for for Baltimore.
Speaker 4: So they like, we got Hurts, drafted them low.
Speaker 5: We still got some money left though, we got enough to pay because we already know we got the supporting cast.
Speaker 2: What are you doing in uh in Baltimore?
Speaker 10: Now?
Speaker 6: You got Odell now because you got you paid them eighteen So hopefully this kind of brings something on. But you you got to find a way to say, hey man, we know what we have and we know what we need. We need to have whatever it is.
Speaker 5: Another piece of the pie and Jared and Jerry Jones, the pie has to be able to fit in some of those weapons, like you saying, to be able to bring in receivers and guys who can well.
Speaker 6: You don't have to just focus on And that's why a discredit to Lamar, That's why I thought they did a discredit.
Speaker 4: To because they had years.
Speaker 5: I mean he won the m v P what his third year, second year, third year, so they had years to be able to put around them. While he was a great cheap deal, agreed, yet they waited.
Speaker 4: And then every time they make a draft Pickture says, it's the greatest organization. It is perceptions.
Speaker 7: The perceptions around there are pretty interesting. But the Eric the costa, Yeah, he needs to do more. Let's die to the Dallas Cowboys and Dak Prescott with a pretty nice honor this weekend. We'll dive into that next with Barry Church Tech with Hare's and David Krab New Resources players latched by do you buy toast? Details right here on desk, Now, what's that coming ready?
Speaker 11: It's Smoothie King's Original Angel Food and New Angel Food Slim without added sugar. You no longer have to choose between treating yourself and hitting your goals this summer. You don't have to choose between great taste and feeling great because that's Smoothie King. Every blend is made with whole fruits and no syrups, so you can satisfy your cravings without compromise. The only choice you will need to make is which one is best for you to my Our classic Angel Food or the new Angel Food slim blended without added sugar Smoothie King.
Speaker 12: Rule the day.
Speaker 13: Attention Cowboys fans looking for the best shave of your life. There's a new official razor of the Dallas Cowboys, Shave Logic. Imagine not having to buy blades as often and getting more smooth shaves than your old razor guaranteed or.
Speaker 4: Your money back.
Speaker 13: After more than ten years of research in over one hundred and fifty company patents, shave Logic is proud to offer Cowboys fans a special offer for a limited time, visit shavelogic dot com and get a free ten dollars gift card with your purchase. Go to shavelogic dot com now for more smooth shaves guaranteed.
Speaker 14: Nobody protects you from mayhem like All State. You hear that I'm a torrential downpour? Torrential? What's that even mean? It means you can't see out of your windshield and if you have the wrong car insurance, you might have to make it rain to.
Speaker 12: Fix your bumper.
Speaker 14: So switch to All State, save money and be better protected from mayhem.
Speaker 10: Like me based on coverage and them it's selected sendra to terms, conditions and availability. In most states. Prices very based on how you buying All stategarn Cashty Insurance Company and affiliates, Northbrook, Illinois.
Speaker 12: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 4: And Ay Schnapper. A fresh guy who looks right.
Speaker 2: It's not there.
Speaker 4: He escaped left. He'll run for a first down.
Speaker 2: Just like football.
Speaker 12: When it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade cryptocurrency.
Speaker 14: Prescott's gonna run this ship show, run it up any scores.
Speaker 12: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered.
Speaker 2: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 12: Get started at blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 1: Back to the Players Loud.
Speaker 6: Come out to the Star in Frisco for Dallas Cowboys Draft Weekend presented by Miller of Like. The party starts on Thursday, April twenty seventh at six thirty pm and George Draft coverage, player appearances, live performances, and more on Friday, come back for Draft Night Out with live music and games, then finished strong on Saturday with the Draft Day five K presented by Baylor Scott in White Health. For more information, visit Dallas Cowboys dot com slash Draft.
Speaker 4: Thank you, Heck Maharrison.
Speaker 2: Last for me, Heck Maherrison to guarantee everybody man.
Speaker 4: Man kickers, you'll get a guarantee account.
Speaker 6: Last part, this is what I understand, Okay, he said, Tell Lamar going there and tell the me the same thing.
Speaker 4: Jaylen Hurts got his guarantee. His contract is not fully guaranteed. So okay, I'm okay with the.
Speaker 6: Jayalen Hurts one, but I'm not gonna give him two fifty five fully guaranteed. If that's not asking for that, I don't see that. What's seventy nine cool?
Speaker 4: Would you give him to Deshaun Watson deal?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 4: I wouldn't give anybody the Deshaun Watson did. Okay.
Speaker 2: I don't know what Cleveland was thinking.
Speaker 4: No I do.
Speaker 2: What were they thinking? Please enlighten me.
Speaker 7: We we already put we already put our chips in here for Deshaun Watson and made Baker Mayfield man. We don't have a quarterback right now, because he's going to go home to Atlanta. The only way we're going to get him and end all of our quarterback issues is give this guy this bag. We go upset everybody. The NFL people gonna be mad at it, but we don't care. We're the Haslims. Were gonna pay it because we got the money and we're gonna do it. They overpays. It's what Cleveland has to do. They not gonna get that guy home. You want to live Atlanta, you wanna live in Cleveland. I'd have been to bot Town. Okay, it's real easy, tell you right now, black man, don't go there, especially if you ain't never lived you ain't never lived in the North bro I'd never been in the town.
Speaker 4: It was segregators at they told me.
Speaker 7: I mean, they told me, I was like twenty four years old, a young black man, you better go to the east side. I'm like, but the brown's over here on the west side, and it snow's less on the on the west side.
Speaker 4: They're like, go over there.
Speaker 7: So you know, I found out myself driving over to the east side get haircut.
Speaker 4: Found myself driving.
Speaker 7: Over to the east side to the to the uh to the store to buy the black makeup because look at me, like, let me dude, was it was? It was a very segregated type town. And then when I was on a black Saint nor they asked me, you played for the Browns.
Speaker 4: No so Atlanta Cleveland real simple to me.
Speaker 15: Bro a player, right, yeah, kid, no brush your mon named gym no familiar.
Speaker 4: So it's all that snow man.
Speaker 7: I ain't never let man buying clothes ain't never heard of because I came from Texas up to myth by clan. Never heard of the man learn what the heating bill was when you left it on all day? So yeah, you got overpay you want me to come there? Pay me Andre rising And how Andre Risey got to Cleveland. Art Odell paid him more than anybody else. So yes, the Browns, desperate four quarterback, didn't want Baker Mayfield anymore. So when they found out he was going to Atlanta, his a Gams, Dave Mucgletta did the smart Hey man, he.
Speaker 4: Got to roll here stop stop.
Speaker 7: Guaranteed, now you know he So I like Cleveland.
Speaker 16: Cleveland Rocks, shout out of Cleveland Rocks on the west side right there on the west side, on the west side, so so yeah, you know so so so that's how they got it because they were desperate.
Speaker 7: But you know they're not They couldn't compete with Atlanta and you know Arthur Blank, Now, man, I ain't guarantee nobody nothing.
Speaker 4: What about you know what about about Jackson?
Speaker 7: We oft to Blank, No, we're going We're going desperate Ritter, he's so mad scored.
Speaker 4: Don't even mention the ord guaranteed the black man shout out.
Speaker 7: By the way, do we all know the mascot of the Mississippi State team hold dog? Okay, you know what the new mascot's name is, Jack Dak. Over the spring football weekend, they named the team mascot. They got new bulldog. They thug that they should You don't like.
Speaker 4: That if we named it, you know the rocket man.
Speaker 2: Church should should be he ain't pay us for this is true, Dak.
Speaker 4: I'm sure, I'm very sure.
Speaker 6: Giving back to the program shout out that those are big deals. Those are big this Hall of Fame big deal naming the mascot. When you think of Mississippi State football, that's all you think about, is that, that's what you think about. So I mean, and he's a great representative for for Mississippi State and whoever he gets behind, So shout out to him for that man. That's a that's a big accomplishment and that she wants some mad respect to what he did while he was in Misisispi State and probably what he's doing now for Mississi State and the.
Speaker 7: Need to keep him in the fold because because he's a Dallas cowboy, he's on television ding every week. I mean, if you're trying to sell your program, and what better person right now that they have then than Dak Prescott. I know, Jeffrey Simmons just got a nice bag from the Tennessee Titans and he's a really good football players in d line and Dak Prescott is out here doing national commercial.
Speaker 4: I mean, this guy is a brand.
Speaker 7: Give them credit as a school for sam and how can we go out here and capitalize and utilize and make Doc Prescott feel special? He said his home. You know, if they could only get you to say that about your spot rockets and with a with a with some of that.
Speaker 4: Show me how holme feet.
Speaker 2: You ain't.
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 7: You know, It's it's like what they do for your uncle Joe at North Texas. I mean they're always making Joe feel special, and you always Joe Joe Green North Texas mean Green football. I mean that's what you do when you get a player like that. And now I thought it was pretty cool that they named the Masks new bulldog mascot.
Speaker 2: That you know, shout out yes, yes, sir, yes, sir, yes sir.
Speaker 5: I don't care how good you was going to l s you ain't nobody named me the mascot that the Okay, Mike is Mike.
Speaker 2: Mike staying Mike.
Speaker 6: Mike Mike one three all the way to forty five, so Mike.
Speaker 7: I mean, it's just a couple of spots. These places been here for me to see me stay there. I mean, if they ever won the sec Man, not that I know of, yeah, lifetime, I came to my lifetime they've ever won that thing, so you know, but this is for Dak.
Speaker 4: I mean, this is as close as they've been. Glory basically the Glory years.
Speaker 2: He had number for.
Speaker 4: What he got to sleep.
Speaker 6: But yeah, that's when Dak was rolling though he was he was running that thing which we don't see now hopefully you know.
Speaker 4: H yeah, right, yeah, yeah, so we'll see what they do.
Speaker 7: They got a new coach out there too, because remember Mike Leachs passed away in the off seasons, so they got a new coach in Mississippi State. So the new coach was the defensive coordinator, so he does know and appreciates who Dak Prescott is. Speaking of Dak Prescott, the offensive line, we're coming up on the NFL Draft. It's going to be next Thursday. I am coming around to you more and more about this offensive line. I'm not ready to put a first round pick there. I'd like to see buddy from somebody from the D line. But man, there are some issues within this offensive line. The center guard, guard for now, guard for the future, tackle same thing, tackle for now, tackle for the future. I don't know what Lesko is doing. They've got guys working out here at the Star right now. But you know, Matt Well Letsko was a guy that they liked in camp, has shoulder issues. Does he come back? Josh Ball? Does Josh Ball make it approve this year three? You got to see something from Josh Bull though.
Speaker 2: You need to move on.
Speaker 7: But there's I don't want to shake my head no because Josh Ball and Jaylen Tober could surprise this the same way Terrence Steel surprises.
Speaker 4: I don't want to I don't want.
Speaker 17: To know, Okay, all right, right now, I want to hear the Josh Ball.
Speaker 5: We all saw it, man, like we we all saw it. We ain't blind out here, all right, we all see it. This is what happens, man, when when the off season comes around, it's like we forget what happened during the season like this, this happens all the time in compensation.
Speaker 4: But was it not what we saw from Terrence Steel that first year from.
Speaker 7: Josh Terrence Steel's first year was no weird near as bad as what we seen from Josh Ball when he was able to get in the foot on the field.
Speaker 4: Still first year pretty bad, but he had his ups. He had some Josh boy had no ups highlight real not.
Speaker 7: To make it okay and so and so, Now with that in his bag, with a new offensive line coach, what if we see an improvement? What if we see the guy all of a sudden it's out there for you to see and you know exactly what you got.
Speaker 4: Because remember his first year was red shirt years.
Speaker 2: He did play.
Speaker 4: This is his first time playing and it wasn't good. It wasn't good.
Speaker 7: So I'm just saying I'm not ready to just write the guy. I haven't seen what he's done. I haven't talked to anybody, so for me to just all of a sudden just write this guy off right off, Jay Oltober, I don't.
Speaker 6: Know how you gonna see it. You can't see it. You know why, because you got somebody else sitting there right now. This is gonna be playing the position and you don't know what.
Speaker 4: What are you gonna find or actually he might be able to find out? Not really sure. You know.
Speaker 7: Here's what I would do. This is simply what I would do is what we did last year. And you guys have been around coaches enough. If McCarthy starts to see something in you, he's gonna say something. So McCarthy will tell you something. A position coach will tell you something, and the strength coaches around here, they'll tell you whether it has a guy been here, has he been doing the work? I mean, that was what they talked about with Tam Steeles. He transformed his body, he put in the work. Philbin talked about how you know he liked to smart and that he that he grew, they all say, And you guys play here.
Speaker 4: Where do you where's your biggest improvement?
Speaker 2: Year one?
Speaker 4: A year two?
Speaker 7: Now Ball's first year, said red shirt, So this was his first year. We Allo clacked on his first year. So can we see that for jay Lon Tober? Can we see it? That's all I'm saying. Draft Day will tell us a whole lot too. They sit up here, roll out a whole bunch.
Speaker 2: Of it, and they didn't bring it.
Speaker 4: Then brought a whole bunch of them through here too, brought a whole bunch.
Speaker 5: So look, I'm not gonna throw any shade at anybody. I think if you're sitting there at twenty six and you can get one of these young offensive guards at twenty six, then you got to pull the trigger on it. But if none of those guys are there, and especially if you can go with you guy to tcu Vila Avola, okay, in the second round, I think that's where you and if look, if none of those guys in that trade out, I'm.
Speaker 6: Okay with trading out. I hadn't been in years past, but I'm okay with trading out. Yeah, yeah, because if you can't get what you want and especially if you have to reach on a guy, I don't want to do that. I don't want to reach on the guy at twenty six because you may have reached on some of these other picks that you're talking to, these guys that you're talking about, and we don't want to be in the same boat. And let's remember Tyron Smith. Okay, at this point, it's still a liability and we haven't seen him finish a complete season. So if Terrence Steel with the second year tender, I expect him to be back. I expect him to be starting as well. Look when they announced Tyler Smith, I didn't know a lot about Tyler Smith.
Speaker 5: But I'm telling you what, I'm really happy that they've got a guy like that.
Speaker 6: And if let's just say inn Ocyrus Torrence from Florida, a guard is there for you. And Will McClay says that that's our guy that we could get at twenty six, then I'm okay with that.
Speaker 2: But if you don't have him, or Joy Porter.
Speaker 5: Or somebody like that that's gonna come in and be a that's going to start for you day one, make Hay in the second, third, fourth round man.
Speaker 4: So Cowboys hitting at twenty six.
Speaker 7: Steven Jones says, they're only twenty first round grades. Talked to another S guy that I that I trust. He said, there's eighteen. So when you talk about taking somebody twenty six, heck, you basically talk about a second round pick.
Speaker 4: Anyway, what you want to do. And this is where I raised my hand.
Speaker 7: I was absolutely crushing the Cowboys when they did this when they could have had sharif Floyd traded down and they took Travis Frederick. We're sitting right here like this got a first round grade on this guy. He was even shocked to go in the first round. It's the second round guy. But they identified that we need a center, we need somebody to we could plug in day one. It was a good deal for them, and they got an extra fifth year out of it. So maybe it is a guard that they like, but they don't have a first round grade on that guard.
Speaker 2: But if you got to if you think.
Speaker 7: This is a player that you could possibly plug and play, and you take him at twenty six and you get five years, I'll take that.
Speaker 5: So need versus one when we got Travis Frederick, who was the center that year, Because I think you were in a situation where you had to draft a center.
Speaker 2: You had to get someone.
Speaker 6: Travis Frederick was a guy that came in and started dating with a good question.
Speaker 5: I don't I don't feel consta stealing or was he gone by that time? Might have been Phiel Costa because the time went to Frederick. Could you he was fourteen?
Speaker 2: Was it fourteen?
Speaker 4: Again? That's I'm just saying.
Speaker 6: I'm just saying need verse one at twenty six, and I don't want to reach on the guy. And if any of those guys that I just mentioned are there, then I get them.
Speaker 4: Twenty thirteen. He was thirteen thirteen, So it must have been phil Costa. And so heck, I think.
Speaker 7: Where I think if you're taking a guy in the first round you say need one, I mean, I think it's all right to me.
Speaker 4: It's all kind of relative.
Speaker 7: They this is not a team that doesn't need help at several levels. I mean your offensive line, you could go defensive line, you could go linebacker. I mean you go defensive end. I mean, there's they got spots tight end. Personally, I would I hope they didn't take it tight in the first round, but I look at it.
Speaker 4: I just say, man, there's they have options.
Speaker 7: But at twenty six, I thought, if you're telling me there's only eighteen or twenty first round grades, you're sitting at twenty six, cloth likely you're not taking a first round.
Speaker 5: If there have been a draft where that's been the amount of grades, like first eighteen first round grades on guys, then that.
Speaker 4: Means they're not thirty two. They're not.
Speaker 5: So I'm just saying, like, are there ever years like that where you have thirty two first round grades on guys? It's just I'm just dictating. I'm just basically trying to say that may be the testament to how poor this This draft year was a.
Speaker 4: No, no, this is what you're what you're asking. This is very common. This is very two years ago. Two years ago, that was I feel like that was a pretty steep draft.
Speaker 2: City Lamb and.
Speaker 5: Justin Jefferson and all those guys were in the draft at the same time.
Speaker 7: I think that was pretty and so here in the kind of interesting thing there you think about it. So here's Ceedee Lamb and Justin Jefferson. These were the guys at the back end. Jalen Rager goes before bus, Jerry Judy goes before Sean Payton trying to get rid of him.
Speaker 4: Then he had Henry Ruggs went to the Raiders. He's out the league. So you have five guys go.
Speaker 7: Smart teams got dudes back in, so you know they misevaluated. While you could say Ruggs was a first round pick and went, Now you have five guys first round grades. They really weren't. But just overall, that's kind of the norm here is you're talking about, you know, eighteen to twenty two, just first round grades on guys. You got thirty two teams, but you don't have grades that fit that. So a lot of times when you're talking the back end, you're talking about trying to find a player that maybe fits what you do. Clyde Edwards Hilaire wasn't listed as a first round pick, but for Kansas City, for what they wanted and what they needed, they felt like this guy was what boomed for them. I mean, Lamar Jackson, here's a guy that was about to be out the first round.
Speaker 4: They Ravens jump back in and get them.
Speaker 2: So it's miss a genius, but yeah, yes he is.
Speaker 7: He got to take a break head I'm late when we come back headon was going to top top. This Converse stationed off right here? Uh plays that try to you buy tostitles on dascown. What's dot com radio?
Speaker 14: Nobody protects you from mayhem like all State. You hear that I'm a torrential downpour torrential? What's that even mean? It means you can't see out of your windshield and if you have the wrong car insurance, you might have to make it rain to.
Speaker 4: Fix your bumper. So switch to all State, save.
Speaker 14: Money and be better protected from mayhem like me.
Speaker 10: Based on coverage in them, it's selected sendray to terms, conditions and availability in most states. Prices very based on how you buying. All State garn Cashty Insurance Company and Affiliates, north Brook, Illinois.
Speaker 12: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 1: As they schnapper the thrushdout who looks white, it's not there.
Speaker 4: He escape fleft. He'll run full a perch down.
Speaker 12: Just like football. When it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands, says twenty eleven. They've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade crypto currency.
Speaker 1: Prescott's gonna run this himself, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 12: Whether you're new to crypt or an active trader, They've got you covered. What are you waiting for? Get started at blockchain dot com.
Speaker 4: Want to use what the pros use?
Speaker 9: How about the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black. Right now you can get the Jack Black Starter, a curated collection of Cowboys locker room favorites, for just ten bucks with free shipping. The starter includes four Jack Black skincare favorites plus a full size intense therapy liptbomb. Go to get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys and use.
Speaker 4: The code word TEAMJB.
Speaker 9: That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys. The Jack Black Starter ten bucks, free shipping.
Speaker 11: It's Smoothie King's original Angel Food and New Angel Food Slim without added sugar. You no longer have to choose between treating yourself and hitting your goals this summer. You don't have to choose between great taste and feeling great because that's Smoothie King. Every blend is made with whole fruits and no syrups, so you can satisfy your cravings without compromise. The only choice you will need to make is which one is best for you to my our classic Angel Food or the new Rangel Food swamp blended without added sugar smoothie King Rule the.
Speaker 5: Day to the Players Loude, the official twenty twenty three Dallas Cowboys Star magazine NFL Draft Guide is now available this year's This year's edition features more scouting reports than ever and over five hundred prospects listed in all. There are also features on the passion for football in Texas, the annual mock draft, and the science of selecting and running back in the first round.
Speaker 6: Do your Cowboys? Do your Cowboys Draft with the Cowboys. Get your Draft Guide today at Dallascowboys dot com.
Speaker 2: Slash Star that is Heck Mahars appreciate you.
Speaker 7: There got Barry Church and Danny McCrae, two former Cowboys safeties on the players Lodge. I am new he Scruggs players asked about to you by Tosteve Toole's.
Speaker 2: Undrafted and you hit gold.
Speaker 4: Sometimes you hit goal.
Speaker 2: Happens.
Speaker 5: Draft departments out there like those guys on the beach man. What's those machines that they're looking for? Metal metal detectives. Sometimes you just find a five dollar toe ring, but sometimes you get a bear charge.
Speaker 4: Shout, shout. I told this out and I want to get you guys, just to get your sense on this.
Speaker 7: There'll be a lot of guys that are drafted that are going to be twenty five years old or they're twenty four.
Speaker 2: About the turn super sit twenty five this year because.
Speaker 7: Of the extra COVID year, also the ability to get guys who've been four year starters, five year starts, guys who started a lot of football games. How do you feel about guys that are twenty five years old becoming rookies for the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 6: I'm okay with it, to be honest, and I'm only thinking of it from a standpoint of man. So if you are twenty five and you have an eight year career, at least that put you here at thirty three.
Speaker 5: When we was back and playing, it was twenty one, you was out. You have an eight nine year career. You ain't even thirty at a year. Yeah, you're retired, right. You get in twenty one, you're still trying to mature a little bit. You twenty five, you have a little bit more maturity.
Speaker 4: I'm not.
Speaker 5: I don't have an issue with it now. It is it is a little late you twenty five. Like, man, I'm still getting Popeyes for guys, you know what kids. Yeah, yeah, but I mean, you know, understand point of Hey man, I think it might help these guys, you know, if they take advantage of the fact that, hey man, I'm a little bit more mature. I probably know a little bit more. I've been around a little bit. You started for five years, you may have a little bit more experience to be more ready for NFL football. Yeah, I think you said it all there, Dmac. I mean when when you talk about an older player coming in as a rookie, it's it's all about the maturity level and understanding of football and concepts. Because when I came out, you know, was twenty twenty one, getting ready to turn twenty two, and you know, I understood football, what cover three was and all that good stuff, but I didn't understand pretty much the nuances like where's my help at? You know, if I'm playing outside man leverage, I can't let them outside because you know, all my help's inside. I'm thinking coming out of college, I got this manded man, I don't know. If he goes outside, I'm gonna be on a trail. Like you, got to think about the little nuances of the game. And as you get older and more mature and understand football a lot more, it's easier to pick up those schemes. It's easier to get a leg up on the younger guys out there because you understand the playbook.
Speaker 4: All right, this is cover three.
Speaker 5: If we invert this, this is my responsibility here, and you understand everybody else's responsibility, not just yours. So I think it's huge from the maturity aspect of it and understanding the concepts of football.
Speaker 12: No.
Speaker 5: Twenty five years old, you would think that a guy would be a lot more mature.
Speaker 2: Twenty five is still dumb.
Speaker 6: So you know, the maturity, the maturity aspect of it, and also, like you said, the knowledge of the game as well.
Speaker 5: You know, that's that's always been the learning curve, the mental part. When you when you talk to guys, you hear them talk about man just mentally understanding the game. But hey, man, even for the guys coming into twenty one, you come in, you do it right.
Speaker 4: You get to play golf every day of the week, these are so hidden.
Speaker 7: Hooker, the quarterback for Tennessee, is twenty five years old, and I heard some people saying, well, man, he got to be worried about that quarterback is twenty five late. And I'm thinking to myself, and this was on serious exit. These guys play till they're forty now, cireus, if you're twenty five now, I just does a guy know your offense?
Speaker 4: And can can he get it?
Speaker 7: And he's from all accounts you just read about Hinton Hooker being such a great leader. So I'm like, to me, a twenty five, I'm not worried about that.
Speaker 4: That's a great point.
Speaker 7: I just think if the guy's good leader and he can learn the concepts. Because I'm imagining right now, like Jalen when they Jalen Hurts are drafted by Philadelphia, you're whoever takes. I'm assuming they're going to have a guy there already. It's not like I'm asking this guy to go play right away. But I just look at Hendon Hooker and I don't know what round he'll go in, but to me, he has very DAC, a very DAC like type career.
Speaker 4: I mean, this guy's revered in Tennessee.
Speaker 7: They love the guy, and obviously this is kind of a good rebirth for the program. Finally beat Alabama after like a dozen years. Yeah, good play. He was up in the Heisman Trophy balanting, but he got hurt. Obviously, we know what they can do here in terms of re having guys with If they take a Hendon Hooker and he's here for four years and he's learned under Dak Prescott and Dak has miss games. I don't care about the guys age. I just want a guy who can come in and.
Speaker 5: Help thoughtless Uh same here. Yeah, I agree with that. I don't care about his age.
Speaker 6: I expect them to be more mature, like football mature, and then out off the field of mature as well.
Speaker 5: So I'm all for it. I think it's I think it's a good thing. That's no shot of the guys who are twenty one, because you have some guys that mature early. You have some guys that are coming here and they're responsible. Pat Peterson's, Dak Prescott's Justin Jefferson. All these guys who come in and they haven't had any issues. They seem like they picked up the playbook and they know how to be professionals. But then you also have some guys who may need a few more years. Because we've been around guys who get it and be like, oh man, this dude here all last long six months?
Speaker 4: I give six months here now?
Speaker 5: Yeah, just like that, he couldn't fight it. I got I do. I got a question for y'all. All right, tell me tell me this, Okay, better year? Which which year? Just based off these numbers? Do you think was a better year for us?
Speaker 2: All right? Who I'm gonna ask church first? All right?
Speaker 5: Twenty three hundred and fifty four rushing yards, thirty seven hundred and eighty four passing yards. That's a year, right, versus twenty one hundred passing yards and forty eight I mean rushing yards and forty eight hundred passing yards?
Speaker 2: Which year was better? Which year was better for the cowboy?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I'm definitely going with the first one, the first one?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 2: Rush yeah, rush, YEA doubt. What do we need to focus on in the draft? The dang old line?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 5: Help yourself, man. This is when you had Travis Frederick and.
Speaker 2: You had a play call.
Speaker 6: No, no, it wasn't one. Steale Callahan. The twenty fourteen, So I mean, run the ball, go ahead. The game that passed you by the twenty sixteen was the same, was the same. The numbers were around the same with Dak Prescott's and Ezekiel, and the old line was the same. And you were a ballanced team and you wasn't Nott throwing five thousand yards?
Speaker 5: And what did you do with thirteen and three? We won a playoff game. So man, old line. I've been banging old line all the time. Man, you are you are your best team when you can run the ball in your old line. It's not like like it was last year. For as far as we went, we made the playoffs and lost to us. Friend, if your old line was in better position, I think you you would have went a little further in the uh in the season.
Speaker 4: All Right, that's the show. Danny McCrae, Heck Maharson, Barry Church.
Speaker 12: I knew.
Speaker 2: If you run very much, but it wasn't me.
Speaker 4: We'll talk to you Monday.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.