Speaker 1: Man who knew people loved hearing other people's dating fails.
Speaker 2: So seriously, and it's really a universal language.
Speaker 1: Yeah it is.
Speaker 2: It is all over the globe right now.
Speaker 3: What do you mean, Well, we're getting comments one from Austin Mason that says, shout out from Canada, Oh, Kizo rhodeis and said, shout out from Tanzania, which is amazing, and then exhausted is the handle shout out from South Africa.
Speaker 1: Wow, shouted at by people all over the world. It's like a United Nations meet.
Speaker 3: Another one from Serbia.
Speaker 2: I think that's so.
Speaker 1: Let's get all the continents in on the action. As we count down our top ten second date updates. We're at number six in the countdown today, which is titled no Fun top Gun. So enjoy second date update. When you go on a first date to a restaurant or a bar, you ever think about how there's probably other couples who are also having first dates at the exact same time right next to you.
Speaker 2: That's really a bonding thought. Yeah, you know, I.
Speaker 1: Don't want to think its bonding, like I don't want to be out romanced by somebody else in there.
Speaker 2: I thought it is a comforting thing. Yeah, the same position.
Speaker 1: It's a competition. It's not a good look on me. That's why I always buy flowers and cake for every woman in the bar to prove I'm the alpha lover of this Sisla.
Speaker 2: I think you just got taken advantage of. But I appreciate the cake.
Speaker 1: But one of our listeners, Cameron, says he definitely got one up by another dude on his day and he was actually cool with it. Okay, So, Cameron, I guess you're at that sizzler. Huh. I'm sorry, man, I guess.
Speaker 4: So.
Speaker 2: Yeah, did your day fall hard for Jeffrey and you just had no control over the situation.
Speaker 4: I mean that's the only explanation I guess.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yes, I apologize already. But tell us about the woman that you went out with turn name.
Speaker 4: Her name is Lauren.
Speaker 2: Okay, and I'm guessing you met on a dating app or something we did. Okay, what did you like? What did you like about her?
Speaker 4: I mean she's really pretty and it happened really quick, asked her out pretty immediately.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, Like second text message like hey suck want a date?
Speaker 4: Yeah? No, I wasn't really wasting any time here.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: You must be hot if that works.
Speaker 1: Appreciate the efficiency.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean that's going into like the date with not a lot of knowledge, right, you're pretty blind.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but it's good because you know, I've had dates where I've talked with the girl online forever and then there's just nothing to talk about at dinner.
Speaker 1: Yeah, don't waste all the conversation up front. I see what you're saying. Where'd you end up going for your date?
Speaker 4: Well? I took her to a hangar where I fly planes.
Speaker 2: Who was coming out of the gate with a flex huh?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, you're a pilot. Yeah.
Speaker 4: So I made a point in making my profile pick of me in a plane cockpit because I figured.
Speaker 1: Out that's why she went out with you. Media.
Speaker 2: My head goes to free flights.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's a pilot.
Speaker 2: Well, do you own a plane or you share a plane with somebody?
Speaker 4: So not yet? Okay, I've been taking lessons.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, Alexis has officially stopped listening.
Speaker 5: To the person.
Speaker 1: I already know people that are pilot.
Speaker 2: I don't need you anymore.
Speaker 3: But you don't have your wings yet.
Speaker 2: Okay, So, I mean, what was the date plan at the hangar? Though, you just walk around some planes and look at them.
Speaker 4: Yes, I mean I go. I go to this flight school with thirty minutes outside the city, and I thought that would be a really cool first date. You know, just give her like exclusive access to an airfield that I can get into and you know, just look around, look at the planes.
Speaker 2: Was there any food involved?
Speaker 5: Yeah, puts.
Speaker 4: I mean we're planning to go to a bar afterwards. Okay. You know, I just wanted to show her my thing. You know, she seemed interested.
Speaker 1: Didn't That's what's why you didn't, like take her up in a plane.
Speaker 4: No, I'm not allowed.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but that's cool though. I mean, it's cool that she was interested in.
Speaker 1: It was she impressed by the plane tour.
Speaker 4: She was. The weird thing is when we got there, there were some huge letters on the runway. It spelled out will you marry me?
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, bro, you're moving a little fast. Yeah.
Speaker 4: No, I didn't do that. I didn't do that.
Speaker 1: Are you sure because you asked her out second text message, I could see immediately there was a.
Speaker 2: Marriage proposal at the same time or someone else.
Speaker 1: That's why you were one up on the date.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, it just proves my point that it's a romantic spot. But no, I mean, yeah, I mean it was awkward for a while, like just seeing the letters, just like, wow, you move quick.
Speaker 2: Did you guys actually witness the couple there or did you just see the letters on the runway?
Speaker 4: No, no, we didn't see the couple. You saw the guy taken off.
Speaker 2: But you say it was awkward, Like, what do you mean?
Speaker 4: It was awkward for a minute just to see that, and you know, she made a joke about it, and you know we moved through it pretty quick.
Speaker 1: But because it's got to be hard to witness somebody do something ultra romantic right in front of you on your first date and then have to try and come off looking smooth, you should have done a sign that's like ready to go to the bar and attached it to a little paper airplane and tossed it in front of her. But I mean it sounds like you were able to make it work. Did you end up going with her to the bar?
Speaker 4: Well, we did, but it kind of died there.
Speaker 1: Uh oh why while we were there?
Speaker 4: You know, we went in this whole like big romantic gesture and everything. I think we're all kind of hyped up on looking at planes and everything. Yeah, she really wanted to go up in a plane. She wanted me to take her up.
Speaker 2: Wait, she knew that you didn't have your license yet, right.
Speaker 4: I think she just thought we could sneak away with it and you know, just have like this spontaneous romantic adventure in the sky.
Speaker 2: Why does this girl want to death? Wish it would be some random dude who takes me out to a little layer field with some obsessed nose and think, hey, pull me up in that plane.
Speaker 4: Well, it wasn't just that she wanted to sit in the cockpit too, but I.
Speaker 1: Had even.
Speaker 5: Right, that's just getting experienced.
Speaker 1: But it's more like an educational airport.
Speaker 2: That's an airplane.
Speaker 1: It's a good hook for a future date. Though. It's like, well, if you stick around, then.
Speaker 2: Maybe I wrote what hundreds of flight hours? No, I mean it kind of paints you too. It's like you continually having to say no, no, no on a date that you're kind of like not fun, do you know what I mean? And I don't think that of you, But I could see from her perspective.
Speaker 4: I mean, I guess, but I met my flight school. I didn't want to get dinged, so right about just showing her would be enough.
Speaker 1: I mean, how did you leave it on the day? How did it end?
Speaker 4: The sparks kind of died down towards the end. I mean, I still like her, and I think we had a good time. I just you know, I don't know what else I could have done.
Speaker 2: And she hasn't responded to you at all. No, Okay, it's almost like.
Speaker 1: It backfired, like you're trying to impress her and.
Speaker 5: You ended up like.
Speaker 1: Sounds like maybe you should have stolen a plane and taken her up. Anyway, Yeah, it would have been a rebel move, bold thing to do. But let's play a song, come back and call Lauren for you, try to get you a second date. Update all right, okay, hold on second. Muscular dudes flying around in F sixteen, buzzing the tower, doing an inverted dive against a Russian meg before jang off into the sunset, all of that.
Speaker 4: Was not allowed.
Speaker 1: He could just point at the planes parked on the tarmac and say, hey, isn't that one kind of cool? Look it's not mine, so let's move away, even show you inside. That's because Cameron doesn't have his pilot's license yet, but he was able to show Lauren around the airfield where he's learning.
Speaker 2: Yeah, which is cool, and she was interested in it.
Speaker 1: I mean he told yeah. But to make matters worse, while they were there, they saw someone else proposing with a giant will you marry me?
Speaker 4: Banner?
Speaker 1: So after all that excitement at the airfield, the date kind of fizzled after that. But Cameron, today, we're gonna be your goose for this second date up date.
Speaker 2: Pull him out of his nose dive? Is that what you're thinking?
Speaker 1: We're gonna try. Just promised me that you're not gonna eject until we hit the sweet spot? Can you do that? Because that didn't turn out so well for Goose.
Speaker 4: That's really nicey guys, yet, no spoilers.
Speaker 2: What happened to Goose?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: The one?
Speaker 1: No, that's the old one.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, okay.
Speaker 1: Good thing. We're all we're all up.
Speaker 2: Yeah whatever.
Speaker 1: But bottom line is we're gonna call Lauren and see if we can get you another date.
Speaker 4: Here.
Speaker 1: You feel ready, man, I'm ready.
Speaker 4: Let's do it.
Speaker 2: Okay, And this next day, you know, you just make it a little bit more about her and maybe she'll be more into it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and we'll just hold that there's not a lot of turbulence.
Speaker 2: Okay, flying, I.
Speaker 1: Think there's more airplane puns coming. Let's just trying to hold them back. Sorry, let's dial this number, talk to Lauren.
Speaker 2: Here we go.
Speaker 1: Hello, Hey, is this Lauren?
Speaker 5: Yeah, Lauren, and.
Speaker 1: My name is Jeff from a morning radio show called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning, a.
Speaker 5: Morning radio show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Hey, Lauren, we're all here.
Speaker 5: Hey, good morning.
Speaker 1: Sorry did we wake you up?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 5: I've actually just never heard of this show. I don't I don't know what's going on here.
Speaker 2: Well, we're on Spotify too. If you listen to podcasts, that doesn't sound.
Speaker 1: Really sad and desperate. But we're doing a segment, a very popular segment, very extremely well known and beloved called Second Date Update. Okay, clearly not beloved by Lauren, but we're trying to help out one of our listeners that you went out with recently. And who was that You guys went to an airfield together and then a bar.
Speaker 5: Cameron, I know exactly what you're talking about.
Speaker 2: Karen seemed like a nice guy, like a good dude who wanted to show you a good time.
Speaker 1: A sexpot. If you asked me, that's the time for me. Came out of nowhere. What did you think of Cameron?
Speaker 5: It was a cool date. Actually, it was the coolest date I've ever been on. Whoa it was? It was I was really interested in the planes and seeing them and everything, and I was really happy because we didn't just go to the bar and hook up, because that's what most guys want to do. So his date was really want to do.
Speaker 2: Well that I mean, that's great to hear. So you, I mean, you weren't disappointed in the airfield at all, because he was kind of worrying about that that maybe you know, you expected to go up in a plane and you didn't or something.
Speaker 5: No, but I was still excited to go.
Speaker 1: Okay, airplanes are cool guys, girls, kids, doesn't matter. Airplanes are just interesting. Absolutely, So if this is one of the best dates that you've ever been on, why not call Cameron back?
Speaker 5: Well, I said, it was the most original date that I've been on, and I liked his choice. But some things happened. He made a comment later on, and it.
Speaker 4: Threw me off.
Speaker 2: It seemed like he remembers that, I mean, do you think it registered with him that he said something that upset you.
Speaker 5: Of course, can I tell you guys what he said? Yes, us, So I don't know if he told you. There was this weird part where we saw a plane taking off and it was a proposal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he mentioned that to us, the big will you marry me banner?
Speaker 5: Yeah, and it was that was pretty weird. But as a plane was taken off, it was the comment that he made that he expects the woman to ask him to marry him. So I better be taken notes.
Speaker 1: That sounds like a joke, no, I laughed.
Speaker 5: He said he was a feminist, so he believed that women should be able to ask men to marry them.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, why is that bad?
Speaker 5: Because maybe I'm more traditional. But in my dream, the man is supposed to propose to me. Like I thought, maybe, you know, this could be a great dream. If it turns out good, then he'll do that for me.
Speaker 1: You know. Took away.
Speaker 2: Like maybe he's just trying to read you as an independent woman and he thought that that would be something that you would also stand behind, you know, like you don't know for sure that he would never propose to you, right, Like he's just making a simple comment.
Speaker 5: He said, for sure, you need to ask me to marry you.
Speaker 2: Wow, even if it was a woman coming to a man, it would be a strett comment on a first day.
Speaker 4: We didn't know that that was first day.
Speaker 1: We didn't know that any of that was coming up in conversation. But between you guys, he didn't mention it. But maybe we should ask him about it, because I mean, I don't know what your dreams say about your perfect man. Maybe you're dreaming that he's on the other line listening. Why dreams do come true? Because Cameron's been there the whole time and wants to talk to you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I didn't realize that I set you off.
Speaker 5: Really, what do you mean you don't realize that set me off? Cameron? You're a madman?
Speaker 2: A mad man?
Speaker 5: What does that mean on the worst state? Why don'd you say I need to ask you to marry me? Why would you I'm having you know.
Speaker 4: That I'm a feminist. I'm you know, I'm into the cause and whatever, and you know, I just want you to know that up front. You know, I want you to know that you know you have I believe you have, you know, agency, And I think a sort of women are sexy and.
Speaker 1: Okay, But so Cameron, you believe that all women should be proposing to men or just Lauren to you?
Speaker 4: No, I think all women should be doing that, Okay. I want to just empower women to propose. I think it's going to be healthier for society.
Speaker 5: Is so you don't pay for a ring?
Speaker 2: I don't because I get what you're trying to say. And I appreciate any man who you know is open to the feministm But you'd be open if the if the woman wanted you to propose, you would be open to then taking on that role, right, I.
Speaker 4: Mean I could, but I you know, I find a way to screw it up. You know, I feel like a ring on a AFC chicken wing or something, you know what I mean. Like, guys are just like not good at that. I think you know, my mom proposed to my dad romantic.
Speaker 2: Okay, so you want you want what your parents have in a relationship.
Speaker 1: You want to marry your mom. I'm having this conversation before. It's always mixed. Some guys are all about and other guys are like, no, I want to ask like traditionally, so maybe it's just kind of more of a surprise to herd. I mean, Lauren, is this a first free have you? Have you never met a guy like this?
Speaker 5: This is a first and only and a one and done.
Speaker 2: It's much of a deal breaker for you, a deal.
Speaker 5: Breaker completely, Like, especially after I saw that romantic couple going on. I wanted that immediately, and he immediately like crushed my dream with that.
Speaker 2: Marriage on first day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're coming in for a rough landing here, but I got before we crashed, Lauren. We'd like to offer to send you out on another date with Cameron and we'll let you pay it as a feminist, because yeah, that's what a good feminist man would do.
Speaker 2: You guys are really I think we need to do some more research into feminism, Lauren.
Speaker 1: I do think I know your answer, but I need to hear it from you.
Speaker 5: It's a very strong no for me.
Speaker 2: Guys. That's all right. I mean, Cameron, you can't be too disappointed. Like she's not doesn't seem like the right.
Speaker 4: Person for you, but he guess. I mean, she is making her own choice, and you know that's I'm all for that.
Speaker 2: Hey, I love this and that's sexy.
Speaker 1: If she wants to set women back another fifty years by not proposing
Speaker 4: Then that's good for her, exactly worded Jeffrey in the morning