Speaker 1: What's going on?
Speaker 2: Everybody, Welcome into Leading Off the Fantasy Pros Baseball Podcast. We are presented by Bet three six five. If you bet five bucks, you get one hundred and fiftyen bonus bets when you use that promo code leading Off, and that's only with our friends over at Bet three six five. It is the show, Hey Otani, Show Bubba. It's Shoe, Al Rico and Casey Bubba joining you here again as usual. And I honestly put in the show sheet together this morning. I thought, should I just put one name on the show sheet and we can just talk about Otani. We could probably fill a half an hour pretty easily going over what he did yesterday.
Speaker 1: We're gonna talk about him.
Speaker 2: We're going to talk about some other things as well, but before we do get going, put your questions in the chat. We'll probably get to a couple if you got any waiver wire streaming even twenty twenty five questions. We should have a little bit of time later on in the show, but we are going to start where we have to start today, Bubba with one of the greatest games. It's not even hyperbolic to say it's one of the greatest games. In baseball history that show Hey Otani put on yesterday, and also considering when it came in the season it won, anybody who had him in a head to head league probably won their championship. He went six for six, three homers, four runs, ten Ribby's, and two stolen bases to clinch his fifty to fifty season, putting him into the history books. One uped himself and got to fifty one fifty one yesterday. I don't even really have words to describe this anymore. This is just ridiculous, Buba.
Speaker 3: It is the only words that come to that mine are unicorn special, best ever like stuff like that. It's it's ridiculous watching him and just watching the you know, the highlights because I wasn't watching it live, and seeing the way he hits the moonshot, the moonshot for number forty nine, I believe, to right field. Then he hits the Appo Taco for fifty and then he just happens to hit another one for fifty one. It was just ridiculous what took place with show Hey definitely the best we've ever seen in our ages, and we'll see where it goes from there.
Speaker 1: It's unbelievable. You see him.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think most of us probably have Jeff Passon notifications on, or we at least see his tweets very regularly, and it's like, Okay, you got forty nine twenty minutes later, fifty twenty minutes.
Speaker 1: Later, fifty.
Speaker 2: It's like I thought Twitter was broken for a second, as like, is this spamming me notifications or something like that, But no, this is unbelievable. I know that Otani is going to be talked about if you listen to any shows today, he is going to be the lead point. But he should be like, this is just one of the best seasons I think we've ever seen in history.
Speaker 1: And I saw a couple of people talking Bubba.
Speaker 2: Each of the last three seasons, we've seen a really historic accomplishment. Judge hitting sixty two, Akunyas forty seventy, and now the fifty to fifty in your eyes as Otani's fifty to fifty the most impressive of the three.
Speaker 3: I'd say probably yeah, just because I'm a Bonds guy, I remember seeing what he did. I remember Conseko doing his thing, and a Rod doing his and all these other guys fifty to fifty is ridiculous because he usually don't see power speed like this. Not to mention he's having Tommy John surgery while doing this, Just to put the icing on the cake through all of this, I think fifty to fifty is. You know, there's always gonna be great records, there's always gonna be our you know, arguments that are valid for multiple things. But what Showyotani's doing right now, as some of that's played baseball, it's it's it's not earthly, let's put it that way.
Speaker 1: It's absolutely ridiculous.
Speaker 2: I think people were saying that the season long stolen base prop was set at like seventeen and a half or eighteen and a half. He's still twenty last year. I don't think anybody was expecting this now. And I heard some people say, well, maybe he's going to be a closer next year and have fifty saves and fifty home runs and just keep rewriting the record book.
Speaker 3: I think that's very possible if they let him do it. I guess the smart move. Honestly, he needs to be the closer. That's what I've been saying for a couple of years now.
Speaker 2: Well, i'd kind of worry. And you know, we have a question in the chat about where we're drafting. Show heys a pitcher only next year because there are some formats where he's going to be separate on Yahoo and a couple of others. I don't know about just as a pitcher only. I feel like if he does have some kind of injury, that would be the first thing that stops and they try and keep him on the field. If you're just looking at pitcher only, sho heeyo Tani Bubba. Is that a top fifty player? Is that a top one hundred player? Where would you personally want to take him?
Speaker 3: Yeah, pittuer only he's still an SP one. He's still a stud. He's a top probably three or four round pitcher because if he returns to the SP one of old that he is a cy young caliber arm. There's no denying that. I'm not going to draft him as a pitcher, and I want that bat all day, every day. But if you are draft him as a pitcher. As a question asked a he's a top ten starting pitcher, I'll say that, and maybe when I break it down more it'll change, but I'd say he's probably a top ten starting pitcher because he's already thrown. Now you got to assume he's ready by opening days, so it should be good to go.
Speaker 2: Well, they're talking about him pitching him in the playoffs potentially, even though it might not be likely, but that shows that he's at least within a stone's throw of being ready, and you've got six more months that should be full ready to go by spring training. He's just I mean, I could talk all day about him. He's really justridiculous. You can keep him for a twenty second round pick as just a pictures I think you're.
Speaker 4: Doing that all day, Yes, yes, yes, do that.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about Michael Harris.
Speaker 2: We're gonna talk about a couple members of the Braves who went kind of crazy yesterday. Well let's start with Mike Harris, because he just had a crazy series two home runs yesterday, four runs, four Ribbies. But for the series as a whole, four home runs, six RBIs, he had six hits. He's kind of turned his season around a little bit. I know that he's missed some time with injuries, but Michael Harris generally speaking, was a disappointment this year. If you look back over the last couple of weeks, though sixteen for his last fifty nine doesn't sound crazy. Hitting two seventy but six homers, thirteen ribbies. He's been pretty solid. Now, when you did that early draft, I think he was still like a third round pick Bubba and a second beginning a third. Do you think Michael Harris still warrants a top forty to fifty overall price at this point?
Speaker 4: It's tough.
Speaker 3: Like we've talked before, the Churios, the Merrills, the Lankford's, all those guys. I think he's more of the Langford category. I think he got the Merrils and Centurials above him. Harris is very good. Harris is more what we want Randy Rose rain it to be better batting average, but still a twenty twenty type guy. Maybe he's got thirty thirty, Maybe he pulls the centric Mullens out of him. So third or fourth round I think is very fair for Harris. I've just tempered my expectations after this past year. Everyone annointed him the best batting average ass said he's going to go twenty five to twenty five, all these things, and you know he still could not gonna say he can't. But when Acuna comes back, Albi's comes back, does Harris go back to the bottom of the order again, Those are issues for fantasy. So I think he's still very good. I think he is valid of a third and fourth round pick. I'll just be looking for the dip if I can find it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think he to the last couple of years, we've all kind of thought that he could take that next step forward. I mean, he burst onto the scene as a rookie, went twenty twenty and just like four hundred at bats. He looked like he was going to be the next kind of not necessarily a Kunya, but to your point, like a thirty thirty type of guy. He has dealt with some injuries, but he has also fallen short of expectations over the last couple of seasons. So I think that we should get a discount. I hope that we are able to get him, you know, past pick fifty or so, because if he's going in the fourth round, healthy braves team around him, he could be fantastic. He really could be a great pick there. But I don't want to be paying the premiums after a couple of less than stellar seasons for him. Sticking in Atlanta with his teammate Matt Olsen. You know, he took the home run call for Olsen on Wednesday. He had a home run on Tuesday and Thursday, as the way it goes, but two home runs yesterday. Over the last month, he and I talk about Harris turning a season around. Olson really has turned a season around, hitting three h eight over the last thirty days with twenty runs, thirty one ribbies and seven home runs. You know, we were talking about Pete Alonso on the on the show the other day, Bubba. Between the two of them, as of right now, would you rather take Olson or would you rather take Alonzo?
Speaker 3: Heading into twenty two five, I'd still take Olson. Olson still the guy for me. I like the team context better, and that's not saying much. The Mets are pretty good. Like the Mets are playing well, but I'll take Atlanta the ballpark. The team still much better. Get a kill in your back next year, you get Riley back. I'll think my chances with Matt Wilson. I think both of them are probably getting drafted a little higher than I'd like, at least in the first draft.
Speaker 4: Obviously.
Speaker 3: I know I'm saying that with one draft in the books, But I take Alson over Pete Alonso, big meat Pete, I.
Speaker 1: Think I would too.
Speaker 2: Like I think in terms of the overall profile, it's fairly similar. You're gonna get a lot of production in three categories, not a lot of stolen bases. The batting average could go up to two seventy for either one, but probably closer to two forty two to fifty. But I think I will be on your side there in default towards the better lineup that Olson's going to have around him, for sure. Let's move on and talk about Brandon Fott, who has been pretty inconsistent as a whole this season. You know, I've done the game of putting him in my lineup for the bad start, sitting him for the good one.
Speaker 1: We've kind of done that a little bit.
Speaker 2: He had a gem against the Brewers yesterday, and I think that as a side note, the Brewer is now that they've clinched as a team that you can kind of target here in certain ways. But Brandon fought seven innings of two hit, one run ball. He did not walk a batter and struck out twelve. When you look below the surface at Brandon Fodd's numbers. They're quite a bit better than what you're seeing just in terms of the ERA, which is still at four six six. All the ERA estimators are into the threes. You know, He's obviously got that really solid command. Just a five percent walk rate. Feels like somebody who could take another step forward. You know, the Arizona Fall League a couple of years ago, he was kind of the hot topic. He led the minor leagues and strikeouts the year before. Development's been a little bit slower than we thought, but I feel like they're still an ACE level pitcher somewhere in Brandon five.
Speaker 4: I agree.
Speaker 3: I was all in on him this year. It was really good for a while. I haven't pitched Hi much lately because he mentioned the struggles. I think it's the last six starts, twenty nine er and runs in twenty nine innings pitched. So this Jim, let's just say he was on my bench for because I couldn't stomach throwing him out there. But I do think there's a lot to like there. His issues A lot of this season's been the home run ball and just consistency with walks. He's got strikeout stuff when he has when he's On. He has really good games. I think he has just another like little tweak, maybe one pitch away from going to be like does Zach Gallon of their rotation when Gallon moves on at some point.
Speaker 4: So I think Fought is very, very good.
Speaker 1: He's gonna be interesting.
Speaker 2: And you know, those Brewers, they're gonna You're gonna be drinking pretty regularly over the next couple of weeks, not just because they are the Brewers, but because they are.
Speaker 1: Clinched into the playoff spot.
Speaker 2: So other than Jackson Cherio, you might see some hungover players there in the Brewers side of things. Let's talk zachly tell another guy who I really invested in heavily as a waiver pick up earlier in the season. Felt like a fool for a lot of the summer, but he's really turned it on as a September playoff hero. Three consecutive gyms, three consecutive w's. But the cherry on top of the cake was yesterday seven innings of one hit ball against the Red Straw, the Red Sox striking out seven.
Speaker 1: For the season.
Speaker 2: As a whole, it's a three five six ERA. He has a one to twenty four whip walk right less than five percent. I kind of like zachly Tell heading in the next year. I don't think he's gonna be anybody that gets any kind of hype, and you can kind of take him as a fifth or sixth starting pitcher. Bubba, what's your interest level in Zach Lytel next year.
Speaker 3: I've always liked him as a deeper option, Like he started the year really really strong, then he scuffled a ton of late. So you mentioned the last three starts, zero earn runs over those three starts, like eighteen innings, fifteen k's. You mentioned the three ws seventy six pitches. Yesterday's been held with a seventy five basically since coming off the il. That's why some starts were only like five innings. But the skills he has shown throughout the season have warranted a good fantasy pitcher. It's just he had that speed bump that could get him at a value for you. So I don't mind the idea of targeting him. Let's just hope the rays devil magic on the elbows takes turn on him next year because he's kind of been the one that's.
Speaker 4: Got away so far this season. But I do agree, I do like the skill set from zecla lettell tough.
Speaker 2: To be a raised pitcher the last couple of years and not going to the Knife, but hoping for the best year for LATL. One more player I want to talk about in the headline section is not make you mantle. Sorry, Anthony Santander. You can easily get them confused these days. He had his forty second home run of the season, driving in his ninety seventh run, hitting a home run against your Giants yesterday by by Ryan Walker, who had been going pretty well, but a bit of a stinker from him yesterday. What is santan dere are going to get this summer?
Speaker 1: Where is he going to go? What's your interest level?
Speaker 2: I mean, we can't really speculate on location necessarily, but is he a forty home run guy going forward? Are you going to be drafting him as such next year, whether he's in Baltimore or otherwise because he is a free agent.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was drafted him as like a thirty to thirty five guy this year. I think no matter where he goes next year, he's still a thirty to thirty five guy with forty plus upside.
Speaker 4: That's not going to change. He's not super old.
Speaker 3: He should you'd imagine he signs in a place that would benefit him, Otherwise that'd be just a cash grab, which hey, kudos to him too. At the same time, I'm just going to say I was watching that at bat with Santander and Walker was throwing some filth, but his sweeper was off one hundred pences in the booth every time WALKERU throw a high fastball and tendre bad swings and sweepers great foul offs, and Pence fight out said, do not throw your sleeper. Everything is to be a high fastball. Either walk him or you strike him out. Foul ball, falball, sweeper bomb like that's just what took place. It was it, Pence nailed it and Walker was due for a scuffle. But to your original question, sorry, I like to go on rabbit holes here. Santander should be a beast next year, and I'm hoping he's signed somewhere very very friendly to take it.
Speaker 4: Go sign went the Giants.
Speaker 3: He could probably get twenty splash hits a year. That'd be fun. So we'll see where that goes.
Speaker 2: Rockies opened up the pocketbook. Signed sometimes there. Let's let's got a sixty home run season.
Speaker 3: I'll throw the White Sox in the mix there too, and get the best contracts and Andrew Ben and Tendy, Andrew.
Speaker 1: Ben and Tendy, who has outperformed Julio.
Speaker 4: And on fire. Dude.
Speaker 3: I took the bit, like I said, we took the l on that one. Like what he's done for a month and a half is I had the double check, like, you know, here's another one for all the you know the drug tests they make all these athletes take after big games. Ben and Tendy better be peeing every day. It's a home run. That's all I have to say. Because where did this come from the last couple of months.
Speaker 2: It was like when Kevin Pollar was the number one fantasy player for like three weeks, and I was like, he's getting the Batista treatment every single day, Because I mean, being a Blue Jays guy, Jose Batista couldn't hit anything until he was like twenty eight. Then he gits fifty home runs. I can imagine every single game he was getting drug tested. Probably a similar thing happening with Ben and Tendy. Who would have thought it? Who would have thought it? But Hey, the White Sox, I think they've won four of their last eleven games or something, so for them, that's that's pretty damn good. You know, it was sticking with Baltimore here for a second, off to the santende are one. This is a couple of days old now, But we didn't talk about on the show much. Actually we didn't talk about at all. Craig Kimbrel was dfaid by the Orioles, kind of a surprise move, but maybe not a surprise. At the same time. His first half he had a two eight zero ERA fifty three strikeouts to sixteen walks. Since the All Star Break, Bubba Craig KIMBERLLL has a ten to fifty nine ERA, a two to one eight whip and fifteen walks and seventeen innings. Do you think there's a chance that this is just the end of Craig Kimbrel. Is he going to be somebody that gets a contract this offseason? And assuming that, let's just say he is done.
Speaker 1: He Hall of Fame worthy pitcher in your eyes, Hall of Fame's tough.
Speaker 3: I think he's been amazing, Like I wouldn't argue it if he was. But if guys like Billy Wagner aren't in the Hall of Fame. It's hard for me to see it. Craig Kimberrill get in the Hall of Fame. The move makes sense just because the Oriols are going to the postseason. Kimberl's not adding any value to them at all. They need a roster spot, like, it's all just logistics at this point. Sucks for kimber because it wasn't an amazing first half. It just has gone the way of the Dodo. So hopefully he figures it out, hangs it up, or you know, one more trip around the sun see where it goes. But Hall of Fames just it's tough with the requirements on closers these days.
Speaker 2: The bar is so high. There's like what five relievers in the Hall of Fame or something. I think Wagner was pretty close last time, and I think he'll eventually trickle in, but it is it is a tricky one. Like Kimbrell was so dominant when he was with the Braves, and for that the majority of his career has been a pretty dependable arm. But the benchmark for closers tend to be a little bit higher. Let's say you're drafting in November December, he's unsigned, Are you gonna speculate on him as a potential closer for next season?
Speaker 3: Have to be coming out of really good value because usual, if I'm speculating on a guy, I know where he's playing already, not that if it does he have the role or not, that's not the question. It's Kimbra Legit could retire, like that's an option, and now you're really drawing dead. So it's tricky. That's a very very tricky one. I doubt I would right now.
Speaker 2: I think I'm on board with you unless it's like pick you know, three seventy five or something, and it's like, okay, I might as well take a chance and maybe but even then you're kind of maybe wasting a pick. You could get twenty five saves out of it. You never know what's going to happen. But it looks like we're kind of on the on the back nine, if not the final hole here for Craig Camberrell.
Speaker 1: At this point, let's.
Speaker 2: Talk about some of these questions you guys put into the chat, starting off with one from Matt here, Edwin Ucetta or Jason Foley. Rest the season, I personally would have to say, fully because they're still playing for something. The Rays have kind of thrown in the towel a little bit. Fully, been getting a lot of saves recently, and the year as a whole has been pretty good. I think I'm on the fully side here, Bob, But what about you?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Fully easy for me. He's getting a lot of saves, like so much. They s get days off if someone else gets to save right now. You said it's not the everyday guy. Clevenger got to save on Thursday. Like they're still playing roulette over there in Tampa. So give me fully, Yeah.
Speaker 1: I agree.
Speaker 2: Zayne wants to know or wants to think that Pavin Smith is legit. I mean, hell, if you streamed him this week, you've got in some goodness. There was obviously that big game last week where he got the three home runs, but he's hitting every single day, it seems over the last two weeks. He's a top ten overall fantasy player. Don't really want to put too many eggs in this basket, Baba, but I feel like if he's still out there right now, he makes a decent ad in the middle of a really good lineup.
Speaker 1: What are your thoughts on Peven Smith?
Speaker 3: First, I got a bet on him later, so stay tuned. Second, Yeah, Smith, he's great for this weekend. Next week a lot of right handed pitchers coming up for the Dbacks to face, so Smith will play every day. He's one of the better potential power sources over the final ten days or so. So yeah, I think he's legit enough to finish the season on your team, let's put it that way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, probably not, maybe not legit enough that you'd want to, like, look at what he.
Speaker 2: Did down the stretch. He's gonna be a, you know, a great value next year. Like I don't know if I'm there, but yeah, I agree that for the rest of the season, you're you're playing matchups and you're righting hot hands, and right now there is not many hotter hands than Pevin Smith. A question from Harry about Mackenzie Gore Are you willing to stream him against the Cubs this weekend? Look a bit better as of late. Cubs are kind of rolling though right now, Bobby, what are your thoughts on this one? E?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think I would. This is a really tough one because Mackenzie Gore has looked better to get blown up a little bit and his recent a recent start Cubs are heating up. I think he still roll Gore here and hope the improvements are there, but just realize it's a coin flip basically on what you're gonna get on this one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think I'd understand sitting them.
Speaker 4: I'd understand sitting I get it.
Speaker 2: I'd be more inclined to start him in a slightly deeper league, or if you really needed the volume. If it's just like, I have one AD left, I might as well use it on Gore. I don't know if I would be using the ad for the sake of using it, if that makes sense. One more question, Yeah, one more question here for Michael regarding one that's happening today. Start Peter Armstrong or Jason Dimingez tonight, and unfortunately Cubs play at two PM and Yankees lineup will not be out by then. I think you probably go with PCA. He has been for the most part, really really good. Dimingas has been okay, but I mean he's six for thirty one for the season as a whole, very small sample size, but he has not been nearly as good as PCA.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and PCA is facing Trevor Williams making his first start after a few months on the IL, so yes, give me PCA on this one. And I hit his run prop on Wednesday. I went to look at it today. We had like a one to eighty five on Wednesday. It's like only plus one twenty today. So even the books like the Cubs and company, so play PCA.
Speaker 2: They're catching up. Stick around for the bets. We went five of six on Wednesday. We are on fire right now. One more question from Fred Dinger in the chat, would you guys trust Quintana next week at Atlanta and at Milwaukee. He's been on a run, and boy has he ever been on a run. Quintana has been a lot better than I would have thought. I feel like I'm probably rolling him out there with the caveat that. Two steppers are never a guarantee this time of year, but I think I am rolling.
Speaker 1: Him out there.
Speaker 2: I was side of really shallow formats byby what do you think I would?
Speaker 3: Two steppers are not a guarantee, but it should be with the Mets because they'll be playing for something almost to the end. Milwaukee will be wrapped up for that second start. It will be pretty nice. And Atlanta's the question mark but can He's been good enough, So yeah, I'd Rollekintana on a two step.
Speaker 2: I would never have thought that I'd be trusting Quintana Fantasy playoffs, but here we are. Here, we are trusting him. Let's get up to the three up and three down, starting with Ladito Vladimigero Junior. Two home runs, went three for four yesterday, got up to that thirty home run marker for the third time in four years. He's really turned it around after starting off cold looking bad last year, completely changed the narrative on his whole career. Really Blake Done, who half of you are probably saying, who is Blake Done? Went two for three with a home run and a couple of stolen bases yesterday, So any streaming or DFS players or maybe NL only players really got rewarded there. And then cj Abrams, who has been pretty disappointing for the majority of the year outside of a really hot beginning, did you some real good stuff yesterday? Four for five with two runs and a couple of stolen bases, Bubba, any thoughts on that trio on Guerrero, on Done or on CJ Abrams?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Ladito, it's good to see him get to thirty, because you know, forever there it was can't hit the ball in the air and get you the home runs. I did a show with Ben tid recently looking at WRC plusins the All Star Break. Ladito's second behind Judge Aliela. Believe was second in the second half of the season. That's how good he's been. So to see him kind of get his as awesome. I'd actually to your question earlier about Alonzo and Olsen, I tink Vlad over both of them going to the draft. So but so, I think it's really good to see him get to thirty once again.
Speaker 2: I think Vlad could potentially get back into the first round, depending on the league. Maybe he goes at like fourteen, fifteen, seventeen, like that type of range I think is where we're probably gonna see him. But yeah, as a Blue Jay fan, it's been the one one of the very few bright spots him in Bowden Francis maybe the only things we can look back on with any degree of happiness for twenty twenty four. Let's go to the three down Logan o'happy with a golden sombrero yesterday. Not what you want to see Taiwan Walker, horrendous stuff as usual for him. Three and a third, eight earn runs, six hits, three walks, and four homers.
Speaker 1: Just brutal.
Speaker 2: And then Edward Cabrera was the starting pitcher for that Miami team. They gave up twenty earned runs yesterday, so you can imagine what his date looked like. Two and a third, seven earned runs, four hits and five walks. About any thoughts on that trio of Logan o'happy Taiwan Walker or Edward Cabrera.
Speaker 3: Oh, the Walker one just makes me laugh because it was supposed to be Colby Allard. And then the Phillies said, Hey, we love what Walker's been doing out of the bullpen, so let's throw him back in the starting rotation. It's just like, you know what, maybe leave him in the bullpen. So yeah, Walker, that's a contract that the Phillies would love to get back in a big way.
Speaker 1: Brutal.
Speaker 2: Remember when they took out Spencer Turnbull from the rotation earlier this year for Walker? Just brutal stuff. Let's go and talk about some injuries. Boba Schett did the Abe Simpson meme of walking in and walking right back out the door. Here just can't catch a break he comes back. We talked about him on a Wednesday, and I was saying, like, look, he's probably gonna go you know, twenty for his next thirty or something down the stretch and then kill any Draft eight discounts we're going to get next year. But I mean, we're looking at an eighty one game sample size where he really disappointed this season. His year is done. Fractured a finger fielding a grounder on Wednesday, just horrendous luck. But what does that mean for next season?
Speaker 4: Out?
Speaker 2: Does that mean that we are truly getting the Bobashett pass pick one hundred type of discount?
Speaker 1: Baba?
Speaker 3: I think so, And then I'm already back in if that's the case. So it's like it's we've talked about how bad short stuff gets in drafts and all that kind of stuff. If you're getting Bobashett, now we're talking like round nine to ten something like that, that's looking pretty pretty good all things considered.
Speaker 2: Late batting average, a guy who could potentially win a batting title next year. And that's not even like, oh he's a home or he's a blue Jay guy, like he could win a batting title He's like a two to ninety hitter over his career. At this point, I'm pretty excited to get a discount on him. Obviously, you feel for the guy works his way back after being out two and a half months and gets one game back in the lineup. It's brutal stuff, but we'll have to reset next year and hope for a bounce back from Bow. Same thing can be said about Tyler Glass now transferred to the sixty day il his season is over, he will not pitch in the postseason. What does that mean, though, Bubba for next year with Glass now? Because for two consecutive seasons now, he has surpassed his career high in endings pitched. When he's out there, he's obviously fantastic. Are you going to be willing to trust him as your sp one next year though, assuming that he's going where he's probably gonna go in the second maybe third round, is that something you're gonna be interested in?
Speaker 3: He will not be on my teams until at least a Mark strafts that I've seen him pitching in Florida or Arizona for the Dodgers. This is the guy that's got histories of Tommy Johns. He's flat out said he's throwing and he doesn't care if he has Tommy Johns. That's why he throws the way he because he's all I have to throw that way to get paid. He got paid. The fact he had a setback that they shut him down not even trying for the postseason. We've seen that Dodger's rotation. They need all the help they can get right now. I am not touching Tyler Glass now until I see him actually quote unquote healthy, throwing regularly on amount.
Speaker 2: I feel like the price. You know, someone's gonna say, look, he threw one hundred and thirty something innings. Next year, it's going to be one hundred and fifty.
Speaker 3: That makes it almost worse to me, it's almost worse. The fact he took the jump that scares me.
Speaker 2: I agree, because that means the price, which was already last year like what a third rounder a lot of the time, if not even pushing into the second. In some cases, I think that he is going to be too expensive. It's unfortunate because I love Glass now. I had him on one team this year. The drafted him in Teult Wars, which was my last draft that I was like I want one glass now.
Speaker 1: Share worked out.
Speaker 2: For the most part, but that price is going to be just as expensive or even more expensive. I'm gonna have to tap out at that point. Kevin Gosman left his start after looking really solid through five innings with some back tightness, So this is I would imagine his season is done. I don't know why Toronto would take any chances for that last start where they're playing for nothing.
Speaker 1: At this point, I would imagine his season is probably over.
Speaker 2: Ozzy Albi's is gonna be coming back to the Braves lineup tonight in Miami. But about you're seeing Ozzy Albi's on any kind of waiver wire, shallow, deep, anything in between. Are you picking him up and starting.
Speaker 3: Him only if you're desperate for the position, like I'm gonna plug him in in DC's where I've had invention whatnot, just because probably need somebody, I need a pulse. But if you're in he's on a waiver wire for you. The only things I'm worried about is to rehab games. And when we're talking Ozzy Albi's, he can only hit right handed right now, they're not even hitting them left because of his wrist so he's not even one hundred percent yet, So I'm a little cautious on that one.
Speaker 1: He's gonna hit right handed against right handed pitching.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's only hitting right handed. That's how they got him back sooner enough. He can't hit left handed still because of his wrist. So that doesn't make me feel warm and fuzzy.
Speaker 4: All things considered, I guess, and it could be wrong.
Speaker 3: Maybe he goes in mashes. Who knows, But I'm like, I hear this information, it doesn't make me too.
Speaker 2: Excited without having a splits in front of me. I think he's better as a right handed hitter, but that's the first year he's better. Yeah, on undred percent, I'm with here. He's got better power from the right side. But I don't think we've ever seen him hit right hand over his riety, So who knows if that's like consistent.
Speaker 1: That's a good point, man.
Speaker 2: I don't know how I feel about that now, Like I guess, because they're in the hunt and they're thinking, look, we need reinforcements. He's even at eighty percent, he's playing. That's probably what they're thinking. But you're taking a bit of a chance on you're young. I mean, I guess they're he's not the face of the franchise or whatever, but he's one of the faces of the team. Could be taking a chance there, But I feel like if I have Ozzie Albi's on a team and he's healthy, now, I'm putting him in my lineup unless I have just an incredible second basement or something like. He's going in there for the most part, But yeah, don't feel great about it at this point. Also don't really feel great about Francisco Lindor, who has missed the entire Championship week. He's expected to return this weekend, but we don't have one hundred percent clarity on that. Any thoughts on Lindor, Bubba. If he's healthy, he's going into your lineup, but like, are you picking up another shortstop? Are you picking up Acunya maybe or somebody to fill in for him there?
Speaker 1: How are you dealing with it where you have Lindor.
Speaker 3: I already picked up some mccunha last weekend. Love what we're seeing there. He's been super productive. I don't know how you could put Lindor back out there until he's fully healthy, and then how do you take anheil Acunya out of the lineup as he's been so good. That's a tough one. If you don't want Luis nhil Acunya. I would definitely have a backup plan for shortstop, Let's put it that way, because the Mets are contending, yes, but they also need Lindor to get into the postseason with them, so it's kind of a catch twenty two on bringing him back. So I'd be very cautious with the door, and i'd have a backup plan. On My backup plan right now is Acunya, But if he can't get him, there are a couple of their options out there.
Speaker 1: Does he ever look like his brother?
Speaker 2: A like the motions the swing, Even when he slid into third base yesterday and he did some kind of celebration. It's like if somebody put a Braves jersey and did like an Ai swap or something, you'd never know it wasn't Ronald. It's uncanny how much they assemble each other. One more piece of injury news, not what anybody wants to see. You want, Soto, We'll have some imaging done after sliding into a concrete wall in foul territory.
Speaker 1: I didn't get a new update on this one.
Speaker 2: I think we haven't seen any results of imaging yet, Bubba, have you seen anything come across while we've been recording.
Speaker 3: No, he was having X rays Friday morning. It's the West Coast. He's probably having him like right now, all things considered, so we probably won't find anything out till around lunchtime out here on the West Coast. I guess, so you got a couple more hours before we know what the status of Soto is, and with the Yankees pretty much already locking up postseason, I'd be surprised if I'm honestly debating sitting him for the weekend, to tell you.
Speaker 1: The truth, that was my next question.
Speaker 2: Let's say we don't have a ton of clarity by lineup lock Let's say even if he's sitting today, that means you're putting him on the bench for the weekend, because for people who don't know, if you're playing on NFBC lineups, you set him from Friday through Sunday, So you'd have to lock them in today for the whole weekend.
Speaker 1: Would be a bit of a dicey one, Bubba.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it just sucks because they're in Oakland again. Tonight, Sears tomorrow, Estest on Sunday, all really friendly matchups, all things considered. But if he's out tonight, I have a hunch they just kind of, you know, chill with it. So I'd be cautious, but you know, if you probably don't have any better options either, I'll say that much. Two games of Soto is probably better than what you have on the bench.
Speaker 2: Yeah, two games of Soto versus three games of you know, ninety plus percent of outfielders. You're you're probably gonna take Soto there. But it's time where we move on to my favorite part of the show, and that is the Best Bets of the day, presented by our friends over at bet three six five. Again, use that promo code leading off, get yourself some goodies here as we enter into the stretch run of the baseball season. We got football, basketball, hockey, all kinds of things you guys can do with some bet credits over at bet three six five. Bubba, where are you looking today on the bets? You kind of alluded towards one of them earlier, but what else are you thinking today?
Speaker 3: Going back to the Carlos Tanna well over one and a half total bases at plus one twenty five. Dude's been a beast. He faces Richard Fits of the Boston Red Sox tonight. You could play with that as much as you want, folks, But I like Santana for that Trevor story in that same game, David fest as we struggling to bench and story has been awesome, absolutely great since coming back. Over half a run for Trevor story is plus one sixty five, so we'll have some fun with that. And then here's my Paven Smith. When I wanted to play total basses, juice wasn't worth the squeeze, wanted to play runs hits. RBI is definitely not worth the squeeze. So we got a little creative here with Colin Ray taking the bump in Milwaukee, I got Peven Smith over half a run scored at a whopping up plus one seventy five. So I'll take my chances in that one. It's a couple of big ones. We'll see if they hit, but you only need one to basically break even and just lose a little bit too to have a good day three to really enjoy life. So I'll take Santana, Peven Smith, and Trevor story all plus odds.
Speaker 2: The plus money man at it again, and we are hot right now, folks, So take a look in detailing some of these. Jacob de Grom is my first one, going back to that well against Seattle again he gets the best strikeout matchup in baseball. Again, we're not getting it at plus money, but at six and a half. I know he didn't go terribly deep in his first start back, but I feel like he is going to continue to ramp up a little bit. There is also the thought that maybe the Rangers don't take any chances here because they're not really playing for anything, but six and a half strikeouts for de Grom could literally be had in three innings against a team like Seattle. So this is one that I'm gonna take a chance on at minus one ten. I'm also playing a little fast and loose with George Kirby in the under Walks is at plus one seventy five. We know that his command is arguably the best in all of baseball. Maybe you could put Zach Efflin up in that category, but it's probably Kirby. He only has one walk over each of his last three games. The Rangers are kind of a mid pack team in terms of drawing walks. So I'll take a chance there on under zero point five walks at that plus one seventy five number that is just so juicy. And then I'm going against the grain here. I've seen a lot of people really start to buy into David Peterson as of late on this show, Bubba, we've talked on probably a couple shows about how those underlying numbers are a little bit scary. The strikeouts aren't really there, so I in general don't really want to trust them in a repeat matchup against a team like Philadelphia, who he just dominated against No Question seven and two thirds one run ball in a repeat outing, though, I don't think it'll be as favorable to him. So I'm taking David Peterson over two and a half earned runs at plus one ten. Guys, those are our favorite bets for today, and Bubba, before we get out of here, let's get your home run call for the day and for the weekend.
Speaker 3: For the weekend, I do laugh because you know, you look at the leader boards. If you just took Otawny all year your top three, basically that's pretty fun stuff. But for me, I wanted to take some royals props because my buddy made some blacks take in the bump being sarcastic just because he's a giant and he has not been good. So give me Bobby Wick Junior. Let's have a fun weekend. The guy that took the world by storm is going to be the runner up in the al MVP. Let's have some Bobby Wick Junior fun this weekend.
Speaker 2: Hard to go against with Bob what Junior has done for me personally. I'm going for Tyler O'Neil, who's facing up against David Festa.
Speaker 1: They are at Fenway. Look, I love David Festa.
Speaker 2: I think he's gonna be a really good pitcher, but my god, does he give up a lot of home runs and a lot of hard contact nine percent barrel rate, one point four to seven homers per nine. Tyler O'Neill at Fenway Park most of the time is going to be able to get one out, but especially against a rookie in Festa who has dealt with home run problems. That is the way I am gonna look tonight. But Baba, that will do it for our second to last show together of the season probably, and we're down to just one week left.
Speaker 1: A leading off.
Speaker 2: Any words of advice for the folks as they headed the championship weekend.
Speaker 3: Good look, everybody, remember we're out of your control. To set your lineups and enjoy the games. I've had a lot of stressful messages in my direction. I'm like, nothing he can do about it, boys and girls, So set your lineups, have some fun, and hope for the best.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, don't take any crazy chances. If there's a random like Patrick Corbin was a popular stream over the last couple weeks, don't take chances like that. You know you've made good decisions to get yourself to the championship to this point. Continue to make those good decisions and don't play too fast and loose with your championship caliber teams.
Speaker 1: But that will do it.
Speaker 2: On Monday, I believe it will be Bubba and Welsh, Wednesday should be myself and Bubba back again. And then next Friday for the leading off finale, I know Welsh is gonna be there, think Joe Piezapa is going to be there, and then potentially one of us or maybe.
Speaker 1: Even both of us will hop on. So just one week left on the show.
Speaker 2: If you guys haven't done so already, would really appreciate any ratings, reviews, subscriptions, likes, comments, anything you can do to help out the show. Doesn't cost you a thing, just takes a couple seconds and we'd really appreciate it over here.
Speaker 1: But guys, have a great weekend.
Speaker 2: Wishing you all the best of luck in your championships and we will see you again on Monday.
Speaker 1: Take care everybody. Thanks for listening to the Fantasy Pros Fantasy Baseball podcast.
Speaker 4: If you love the show, the best freeway to support us is by leaving a positive review on Apple Podcasts or Spotify, follow us on x, Instagram, and TikTok at Fantasy Pros, and subscribe to our YouTube channel at YouTube dot com slash Fantasy Prose MLB