Speaker 1: It's nine O Genegen with Jenny Garth and Tory Spelling.
Speaker 2: Guys, this episode's loser takes all. But I feel like we're all winners here.
Speaker 3: There's no losers in this in this podcast. No no losers listening to it either?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 4: Was it?
Speaker 2: There's no crying in baseball in podcasts.
Speaker 1: Hi you guys?
Speaker 5: Amy liked it? Sign of approval.
Speaker 2: It's fire.
Speaker 1: It's so good.
Speaker 2: It's good. It's a wild mess mess oh, in a good way.
Speaker 5: In an amazing way. Wait, Jenny before, because Tory wasn't here last week? Do you know what a coxwin is? Tory?
Speaker 2: Hmm, I'm gonna go Wait Jen wants to hear this answer so bad? Go ahead, please, I'm sorry. It's called a cox.
Speaker 5: Do you know what a coxin is?
Speaker 1: A cox Son Coxen? We didn't know what a coxin was?
Speaker 5: Well no, no, not we, not we one of us knew?
Speaker 2: Oh sorry, Coxon the only one hair not a loser? About an idiot? Oh tell me what is it? No?
Speaker 5: Wait, first, you have no idea what a coxin is?
Speaker 1: Why would she?
Speaker 5: I feel like a lot of people? Wait?
Speaker 2: What is going on here?
Speaker 5: Wait?
Speaker 1: You just said you feel like a lot of people know what a coxin is? Okay, let's take.
Speaker 5: I feel like we need a poll.
Speaker 2: Wait, Jen, that is not a word I've ever heard of. No me though, Amy, you know you know things, You're.
Speaker 1: She knows college things.
Speaker 5: This is like you know college things. I really do want to do a poll that asks before these two episodes of nine O two one, OMG, who knew what a coxin was?
Speaker 1: Raise your hand?
Speaker 5: Everybody?
Speaker 2: Come on. First of all, you're not even saying it right.
Speaker 5: It's Coxwayne Exnically, I think it is Coxswayne, but I've always heard it as.
Speaker 2: Oh that that was no fair you guys, do you know what it is? It's like Courtney Cox and Duayne the Wayne Johnson had a baby.
Speaker 5: All got it?
Speaker 2: You know, I got it, nailed it Cox.
Speaker 1: That's all you got from Swayne is Dwayne the Rock Johnson. I'm sorry, that's a I'm.
Speaker 2: Trying to think fast. It's really uh, I'm one of It's like swagger. Is it is that right? Like you've got like Cox Swayne, you got sweat? Nope, Okay, just tell her what it is.
Speaker 5: Claire is the Coxon. It's not Cox Swayne.
Speaker 1: By the way, It's like Coxin it's coxswayn So Claire.
Speaker 5: You know how she had that headset and she's like roll left, roll right right.
Speaker 2: Like the yell leader. But for rowing, Yes, you.
Speaker 1: Correct, it's a guy who steers the boat or girl. In this case, the girl usually.
Speaker 5: Are quite small compared to the big hunky row because they don't want to act. They don't want the because the Coxon is not rowing right, so they don't want that person to add weight to the boat.
Speaker 2: Okay, here's my question for you guys. Did anyone look up the origin of this word and why it's named That was the original rowers last name cox.
Speaker 5: Way to come through with the smarts there girl.
Speaker 2: Wait, I'm just curious why they would name it this, So there must be I.
Speaker 5: Am going to find that out and also why you're at it.
Speaker 1: Could you get the proper pronunciation?
Speaker 5: Yes, yes, I don't know that I can get that because I'm typing it. But in rowing, the cox or Coxwin is a vital role, acting as a coach, leader and strategist in the boat. They steer the boat, call out commands. It comes from the word cock meaning small boat.
Speaker 1: Wait, small boat.
Speaker 5: In the word cock, it literally says cock see okay, and swain meaning servant, so that person sort of serving the boat.
Speaker 1: Maybe first recorded use of goo was in the fifteenth century. So it's the cocks boat, the guy in charge, the big dude and his swan swains what a swin whatever you want to say. That's the guy who drove the boat for him because he doesn't know how to do it.
Speaker 2: It's little peepee syndrome. What do they call that when a guy because you said it's usually a small man.
Speaker 3: Little little penis syndrome. Yeah, it's the little dude who steers the boat.
Speaker 2: What a guy say when they're like, oh, the guy that drives like the fast cars, he has a tiny dick at it. Yep, that's it. I don't know, this is.
Speaker 5: Getting weird anyway, Back to any of who to the show, Back.
Speaker 1: To actually show we're talking about the next episode.
Speaker 3: It's called Loser Takes All. It aired in November thirteenth, nineteen ninety six. I gotta get this six synopsis.
Speaker 2: Valerie's extortion is finally exposed, leaving her penniless and Kenny less. Steve reaps what he rose, David shops till he drops, Donna is disturbed. And eight six seven five three, Oh my, how did that go? Mark Reese is a creepy caller. Yes, he's such a creepy caller.
Speaker 3: Directed by Chris Hibbler, written by John Eisendrad.
Speaker 5: Why did Mark do the weird calling thing?
Speaker 2: That was so charming? Wasn't that? That wasn't charming?
Speaker 5: Weird? It was weird?
Speaker 2: Was so weird?
Speaker 5: It was trying.
Speaker 1: He was trying to be Why am I defending him? He was trying to be why why?
Speaker 2: Why? Starting now? I don't know. It kind of falls in line with the books he gave you about himself.
Speaker 1: Weird, just as weird.
Speaker 5: Like if you hear me crank call you and ring twice, I'm was it.
Speaker 3: I'm thinking it was like one time I'm thinking about you, two times I wish I was with you, and three time means I don't check her own well, I want to be First of.
Speaker 5: All, you're never gonna get three times, because who can't make it to the in the nineteen nineties, who couldn't make it to the phone in two rings?
Speaker 1: I know what's wrong with you?
Speaker 3: But she had to stop and wait like she waited it out to get the message. Now because she knows like the code.
Speaker 5: Do you think Kelly was into it? Or Kelly was like this guy's weird.
Speaker 2: I think Kelly has PTSD. Sorry, jumped in there. She's been through a lot, and I feel like, don't mess with her. She's just like going through it, like it's just okay, I'm here, all right, present, you know.
Speaker 5: So true. She's like, I.
Speaker 1: Really am not ready for a relationship. I'm going to keep saying that nobody's listening.
Speaker 5: Was this episode where they have the dinner? Uh huh yeah, oh, the dinner. The dinner was uncomfortable.
Speaker 3: The couscous the African couscousse was wasn't it African?
Speaker 2: Casa Blanca?
Speaker 5: From Casa Blanca? He was ahead of his time with the couscous because I feel like Couscus didn't really get it twenty seventeen.
Speaker 1: It hadn't had its moment in the sun.
Speaker 5: It's like, whoa. It's like Brussels sprouts. Remember when they were gross? And now everyone's like Brussels sprouts. Yes, please?
Speaker 1: And I don't say that, don't I say keep those things away from me.
Speaker 5: They give me a diye to get a little tummy from.
Speaker 2: I actually like them. The one vegetable like you do.
Speaker 5: If they're like done by Cats Sudia, where they basically are like salt and.
Speaker 2: Like Bride, would be fine of anyone. Well, I like them with balls and bacon, but just the way you do.
Speaker 1: We're talking, let's just talk about this storyline. Let's get into this one with a weird.
Speaker 5: Full not happened.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's like you.
Speaker 1: That's all. That's all we have to say about it.
Speaker 2: Really is that he's weird, and.
Speaker 5: Bless him because he's a really nice guy. Now, I really liked your interview with him, but this is not happening, like it is not there is nothing there. Oh my gosh, it's not good.
Speaker 2: And I don't know if it's because I know and I'm watching for it now. But the kiss, it's just.
Speaker 1: There's it's zero. There's the zero, the meter moves zero.
Speaker 2: And it's not you, Jen. I'm just like this, both of them. On his behalf as an actor, like men, I feel like he's kind of aggressive with Kelly, like he's pushing this relationship, but then he has an opportunity to kiss her and it's like it's like a G rated film where they barely like like, well, try to kiss her.
Speaker 1: Okay, do something made me uncomfortable?
Speaker 2: Amy, true, the.
Speaker 5: Dinner was rough. I was learning watching it going.
Speaker 1: I mean we've all had dinners like that, the prospective romance guy person partner. But yeah, you know by the end of that dinner, like, yeah, I got nothing.
Speaker 5: You know, by the end of that dinner the writers were.
Speaker 1: Like, we got to do something so so good?
Speaker 2: Do you think they knew at this point?
Speaker 3: Honestly as a viewer, as the person watching it, I there are glimpses that there are little moments of sparkle coming out of his eye that I'm like, yeah.
Speaker 5: Bring that more. That bakery.
Speaker 2: Not enough and you know what, And I really like, I don't want to like say Dalton because he's playing character Mark. I like the pepinist step when he's with Brandon and Tracy, Like, I.
Speaker 5: Like, all that's interesting, Tory, that's really interesting. Like if his scenes were better with them, which they do, have a little bit more life, Yeah, I mean, not to be weird, maybe he was like intimidated, Like maybe.
Speaker 1: He felt nervous. Are you about to blame it on me? He felt so Nervi's around.
Speaker 5: You maybe though, because you're right, Torri that the scene. Although I don't I find him random, he does have a bit more energy and life in the scenes in the news room.
Speaker 3: I think it's because he's got Brandon there. He's got that like guy thing, the banter growthing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but when he's a guy that had worked so much up until this point, I was just surprised that, you know, it's not him playing himself, he's playing a character. He feels like he lacks confidence.
Speaker 5: Give a random example that just popped into my head. Sometimes even a good actor isn't right in a certain part. It makes me think of Eric Stoltz as Marty McFly. Do you guys know about that.
Speaker 2: Eric Stoltz is a great actor, a great a wonderful math.
Speaker 5: Thank you, Tory. That's what I was just about to say. He was cast as Marty McFly, And if you go on you Tube, you can find video of the they shot with him, Like they started filming the movie with him and they had to like realize, like this is not something's not right. It happens and he was let go and replaced by Michael J. Fox. I won't get into the whole back to the Future lore, but and you do see, yeah, like there's a whole thing because they they like the lore of back. They wanted Michael J. Fox, but he couldn't do it because a family ties. Blah blah blah blah blah. Eric Stoltz was playing it too dramatic or serious, whereas they wanted it to be funny, which and maybe that's what's happening here. He's a good actor, but it's just he's not right in this part with Kelly because he's playing it to.
Speaker 6: Murderer on board and had empathy and I was like, oh, this is so great for him, and like and then he's playing it so bump bump murderer.
Speaker 5: Playing it creepy or something.
Speaker 2: I don't get Murderer.
Speaker 5: I don't.
Speaker 2: I mean, I didn't get I didn't even.
Speaker 1: Get murderer then.
Speaker 2: So I can't agree with you on that.
Speaker 1: But you're right, he's just not right in this role as the love interests opposite Kelli Taylor, which makes.
Speaker 2: A lot of sense because my dad had cast him in so many things. He probably was like, no brainer, put him here, and it just wasn't the right role for him or character understood, and like he could have played who's the news editor in high school like the or in college Josh, oh he died, but the Coxswain he would be a.
Speaker 5: Great Yeah, keep right that guy because that guy never had a love interest, right, I see what you're saying, Tori. He could have sort of been a you know, a Month's character type, like he came in for bits and Bob. But it's just not something he.
Speaker 1: Has to play serious, right, He's not like a maybe wasn't coomfortable playing like that romantic lead guy.
Speaker 5: At dinner, I was like, this, when's this kind of.
Speaker 2: Like bits of like Casablanca and I grew up here. It's hard. Oh my god, it was hard to kiss a woman in high school with a veil.
Speaker 5: I was like, and isn't there like a weird joke? I think this is where you like open up to him about your past about her and he says something uncomfortable and I just was like, oh, yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Used to have an addiction to ice cream in the middle of the night or something. I was like, that's not really the same pal, but okay.
Speaker 2: You know what I kind of wanted from him there, like, well, first of all, he's like, what were you an axe murderer? And I was just thinking of Mike Myers and I'm married an axe murderer.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and yes, of course it was so.
Speaker 2: But she's like, no, I had a dark problem. I thought I said I had a drug problem. Did you say drug problem? I thought you said a drug I said a drug? Interesting and I heard it dark and I was like, that wasn't it wasn't a dark time period. Okay, my bad. But then when I thought he was going to confess like, you know what, I Hey, I'm just like a normal guy going in my twenties, like I've dabbled in drugs. And I was like, okay, they're gonna line on this, and he's like, yeah, scream sandwiches free and my dead dog buried in there. Like what his reaction to it was?
Speaker 5: What lacked? Like the connection? Right, So if you're dating this girl and there they're liking each other, his reaction would be like more connected.
Speaker 3: Okay, So you're what if you're in the scene with him, right, and you're sitting there as the actress and you're waiting for or you're sitting there as the character and you're waiting for, like, how's he going to react when I see this? You're thinking, Oh, he's trying to, you know, make a joke, be like sweet, maybe also a little belittling if you're the character a little bit like you don't really you're not picking up what I'm putting down. So I feel like Kelly is confused at the end of that scene, like you.
Speaker 1: I wanted her, and I feel like the director probably wanted her and the producers probably wanted her to be like looking at him like wow, what a guy.
Speaker 2: But wanted her Akau.
Speaker 3: But I well, I don't think I could muster it up because it just didn't feel it because.
Speaker 5: It wasn't there. Some of it's the problem on the page, right, because why did they write a writing right?
Speaker 1: They tried, they tried to make him. So yeah, I gotta.
Speaker 2: Say though, Jen, and I know it's hard for you to watch because you're in it, But for me watching it as just a viewer, I thought Kelly did really great Akau, considering that it is when you are not getting something back from an actor and you're playing a scene as was to be romantic and funny and banter and just you're supposed to feel all those butterflies that you would feel and a dinner scene on a date in real life and excited and you're not getting it. It's really challenging and sometimes you push too much because you want it so bad. And I thought you did a really great job because I know that you didn't have chemistry with them, but I could even see you through that, and I felt like Kelly did. He didn't have any with Kelly, but well, thanks, I guess yeah, I mean, yeah, I don't know. I tried.
Speaker 1: I did my best. I did my job.
Speaker 5: I think he sort of acknowledged it to in the interview because what it lacked he was going to having emotion, right, because he didn't like if someone tells you that you're dating they have this dark secret and they open up to you, you would physically like lean in, You might take their hand and be like it's okay, Like I like you anyway.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe the going part with him, it was just tough for him at that time.
Speaker 2: He's disclosed, right, his personal life was in a dark place then, So yeah, maybe he was so shut off he couldn't even access the ability to pretend.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because it wasn't you. It definitely isn't good. No, it isn't good.
Speaker 1: It's fifty to fifty.
Speaker 3: I feel like you know whatever, But that's that storyline, and it doesn't go anywhere. It kind of just it's slowly creeping towards like they're getting into each other and she's getting a little more uncomfortable with his style of communication.
Speaker 5: I e.
Speaker 1: The phone call hang up.
Speaker 5: And she kind of smiles at it, but I was like, a weirdo.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just feel like still she's like, I got one.
Speaker 2: Toe in and I'm trying real hard.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 2: It also could have been semi a conscious choice, because we don't want the audience to be like, we really love Kelly and Mark together, right, We want to be like, Okay, he's good looking, we like them together. Okay, well, we want to see where this is going, the old creepy, weird stuff. So you're like, wait, is this happening? Is that happening? You're confused, But then ultimately you don't want her to fall in love with him because he wanted her and branded but he wanted that.
Speaker 1: Nope, let's talk about Stephen Claire.
Speaker 5: Let's do it.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about the coxwing and Dick.
Speaker 2: You said you didn't want to talk about that anymore.
Speaker 1: I'm talking about the storyline and the character young lady.
Speaker 2: Uh huh with you with you? I like Dick more in this episode.
Speaker 1: Wait, you like Dick in this episode?
Speaker 2: I thought it was a jackass.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's just flexing its too hard. Unlock knows, Oh my gosh, and Steve joke about it.
Speaker 2: Steve, that was probably the only reason that he had that. I just think you like him at all. I don't like the character, but I like physically even wasn't into like them anything. So, yes, he's a jackass in this episode, but I'm enjoying watching it play out.
Speaker 5: It's also so a weird how suddenly she's completely with Dick.
Speaker 2: You know, it's so nice Claire. She would never be Dick.
Speaker 1: They're coupled up. She likes Dick, Amy, I don't know what's wrong with you. You need to grow up.
Speaker 5: Do you think it's intentional?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 5: Did they name that guy Dick on purpose?
Speaker 2: Let's play a fun game while you're listening to this episode every time, make sure you download it and give us five stars first, every time we say d I c k ak Dick uh your choice. You can take a shot of coffee, take a shot of water, take.
Speaker 1: A allow yourself to laugh at it. I feel really stupid and guilty laughing at it, but it makes me laugh.
Speaker 2: Wait, Amy, you you know there was the thing back in the day that we would hear that in college. People would be like had a thing for each one of us, and they'd be like a party drinking a drinking game. So anytime, like for me, it was like anytime Donna wears a belly shirt, take.
Speaker 1: It shot, anytime Kelly cries a drink a beer.
Speaker 5: It was such a thing we watched in college.
Speaker 2: But you didn't You didn't have drink.
Speaker 5: I didn't do anything because we were in our sorority. We would all squash into that room. I mean we had twenty five people squashed into the tiniest little TV room, like the biggest this room. I didn't on couch, so we were more like popcorn or like eating anytime, I mean like.
Speaker 2: Trisk it got it true?
Speaker 5: What would it be for?
Speaker 2: Like, like what about Valerie? What was it every time she's conniving? Right?
Speaker 3: Oh boy, oh man, I've got I'm like I have. We can't talk about val yet. We're gonna talk about Claire. Okay, Yeah, we're saving the best for last.
Speaker 1: Yes, So Steve prepares his cag Brothers for this race against Dick and his team, and.
Speaker 3: All of a sudden, Steve starts to look attractive again instead of like a frat guy trying to prove something.
Speaker 5: Lost the plot a little bit. Who won that race?
Speaker 1: The other guys did?
Speaker 2: Dick one? Yeah, that's what I thought.
Speaker 1: Claire Dick is the winner.
Speaker 5: Dick for the win.
Speaker 2: Yay Dick.
Speaker 1: That's when we were shouting.
Speaker 5: Team Dick though, like I don't know, like I get it. They're like, let's give let's give Steve and Claire a problem, and let's bring this other guy in. And it brought them back together.
Speaker 3: Because he really, he really put his his jealousy and his whatever he was dealing with, his.
Speaker 1: Macho self aside and he just put all he put his Dick aside.
Speaker 2: Yeah, which is ego And I did it, Yeah, you know what? And the music I was like, wait, it was like, Jen, you want to know. I don't know, but Amy will know. What was the famous rowing movie?
Speaker 5: Well, I don't know, because George Clooney did one just the other day, but that was recent, so there was a roaging movie back in the day. Are you thinking like Dead Poets Society or one of those type of movies where they wrote it like a private school.
Speaker 7: Ah.
Speaker 5: Perhaps I can't think of a rowing movie other than the George Clooney one that just came talking about.
Speaker 1: I would watch that. I would watch a rowing movie.
Speaker 5: Really, I'm looking it up rowing movies. No, it might, but I could see it in Poet Society like that type of thing. Definitely. The Boys in the Boat was the one that, uh, George Clooney just did, which is all about.
Speaker 2: It was literally Oxford Blues, Oxford Blues.
Speaker 5: Yes, was it Oxford Blues?
Speaker 2: Rob Low?
Speaker 5: Yeah, that feels like that had a rowing Yeah. Wasn't he in the Oxford Blues?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 5: I never saw Oxford Blues, but it was sort of like it talked about when I was like in high school.
Speaker 2: Did you guys want them to?
Speaker 7: Did you?
Speaker 1: I wanted Steve to say, hey, don't throw her in that dirty water?
Speaker 5: Oh my god. By the way, a question about that. It obviously was her in the water. Was it her being thrown?
Speaker 1: Say so, yeah, I talk is that stunt double or although don't like, oh no, be careful, she's almost about to touch the ground.
Speaker 2: Don't be care I was.
Speaker 5: And then she came up looking so good, she's cute. She didn't can't help. Yeah, she didn't lie.
Speaker 2: It was very wild things how she came out of the water.
Speaker 5: Yes, it was right. Yeah, like it was like a first trap. She's like, but I thought going in it looked like maybe it was a dummy. Seemed dangerous to like throw her in the real her.
Speaker 1: And also we know how filthy that water is there in that dog oho, and you.
Speaker 5: Got to take that in one shot, right, They're not going to dry her all off, right and do it again. Seems like that's like you got one take here. That's why I don't think it was her being told.
Speaker 2: Maybe they did it with sentible and then once with her, or it looked.
Speaker 5: Like a dummy, like a fanny person to stop it.
Speaker 1: Maybe it was just a giant doll. Didn't seem like clear. And eventually she goes over to his house at night, and she says she never wants to talk about Dick again.
Speaker 5: He never wants Dick again.
Speaker 1: Nope, right, and Steve says, I'm your man.
Speaker 3: I was happy, though, and I also was happy that the directors gave or director whatever gave that scene enough time to breathe at the end to like see them have a little bit more of a connection because usually you just cut right out.
Speaker 2: Of that and be like, okay, what sex.
Speaker 1: But I I enjoyed that Chris Hibler.
Speaker 2: Did as we always loved working with him. A great job in this episode. I feel like all of the performances, the shots, like you're saying, he let the scenes breathe when they needed to, got out of them when he needed to, were really great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and now they're back together, so let's go kind of health. I know we didn't want them together, and they were a.
Speaker 5: Part together than she was with Dick. They're just not They're not endgame.
Speaker 1: But they're more fun.
Speaker 2: They're fun. Dick was boring.
Speaker 5: Dick was cute though, he just was a very typical fraternity boy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no one likes a basic Dick.
Speaker 7: Yeah, next up David.
Speaker 2: Oh a downward spiral.
Speaker 5: You guys, it's rough?
Speaker 1: What is happening?
Speaker 7: I have?
Speaker 3: I am so nervous to watch him come on screen because I just don't know what's gonna happen.
Speaker 1: Is he gonna go get drunk? Is he is?
Speaker 5: He good an actor? Is a good actor because he's rough? Yeah?
Speaker 2: He was so great. Oh my god, his body looked so good in that scene when he came in wet from the Donna's like in November. Oh my god, it's so cold. It's fifty degrees. It's like, that's sounds crazy cold.
Speaker 1: Like, no, I'm not going in the ocean.
Speaker 5: It well, because it's uncomfortable to watch. He's unco It's uncomfortable.
Speaker 1: And I feel like I'm on the edge of my seat because I just I'm not sure what's going to happen.
Speaker 5: The shopping at the mall, the whole thing, and he's kind of having a meltdown, and it was just like, oh boy, this is very.
Speaker 1: Is it bad?
Speaker 5: Though?
Speaker 2: That I like me, this is like a personal thing because I played Donna, but that I do like seeing them together and their interaction. I think kissing her and hugging her, and I'm like wanting for her for him to be okay because I want them together. Yeah, And he's like, say the word we're going to Cairo, and I'm like, go go with him anyway.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I wouldn't advise you to go on that trip as your best friend. I would say, let's just give him a minute to stabilize.
Speaker 2: Oh you always say the practical words the ballet.
Speaker 5: They did it. They did it pretty well, like you get them. At first, you think he's doing okay when you guys are at school, and then he says want to go shopping, and you're kind of like, yeah, he.
Speaker 1: Says, want to come over. But then they go to the mall and then.
Speaker 5: The mall was uncomfortable. The valet is uncomfortable, the swimming things, and he's so like, oh it.
Speaker 2: Was, Oh, I really like Donna's Nighty though, Donna's Granny Nighty with little little straps like that. Yeah, my mom has someone just like that. It was it was like so cute that it was cute.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would wear that for sure.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna actually get myself. It's like breathable, like nice sleeping gown.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, I don't like nightgowns. I liked him as a kid, and then now I just get all tangled up in that mess. Wait.
Speaker 2: Wait, oh, Dave's really gonna love you in a sleeping gown. Wait, you got to get those ones that come all the way around like smocking around the net.
Speaker 5: Wait, you guys, I literally woke up this morning and was like I slept so I went to bed last night and I was it was so cold. I was like, it's freezing, right. I slept so good, And I think it's because I was absolutely freezing, Because I think it's so I don't know if any lady could wear a nightgown and just be oh, you'd be sweating.
Speaker 2: Or flannel jammies.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, remember the onesies we used to like as a kid, I'd sleep.
Speaker 2: In like, remember I have them, I wear them.
Speaker 1: I still have a basket of those somewhere.
Speaker 5: Just sleep in that. I would be so hot.
Speaker 3: And then also so stinky when you get out of it. You're like, what is that smell.
Speaker 2: In the polyester of.
Speaker 5: The weird plastic on the foot, the nubs.
Speaker 2: Those are like kids like onesies, like the adult ones had them too.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think so I knew it.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh. This guy on.
Speaker 1: Wesley the actor, Yes, he would wear a Winnie the Pooh onesie to work. Wesley Jonathan.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I know it was Jonathan. I knew it was Wesley Jonathan.
Speaker 2: I love that for him.
Speaker 1: He would wear his Winnie the Pooh onesie with the poo head up on and then his just little face out.
Speaker 2: Guys, what is wrong with this. He was ahead of his time. All the kids are wearing the masks all the kids wear now school.
Speaker 1: We were always like, wow, you look so comfortable.
Speaker 2: He's like, I am right and didn't care. See that's cool. Like I have a snoopy onesie I wear all the time. Not sha, I think that's so cute. I've never seen your snoopy onesie. Oh it's a Christmas one. It's good. I'll send you a picture.
Speaker 1: But yeah, he Okay, David inherited all this money.
Speaker 2: What was it, two hundred eight thousand? How much does he already spent?
Speaker 1: And then how much does he have left over to buy the peapad? Because I'm getting a little nervous.
Speaker 2: I know, I know it's going to be gone fast.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there it goes. How's he going to afford the peach pit?
Speaker 2: Wo whitch situation? I mean, I know it's we're leading to he's being manic about everything and excessive and binging. But a lot of young people that gets famous and money quickly when they're young, this does happen to you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they want to buy stuff that they never could before.
Speaker 2: Talk and then you lose everything. I don't know who he has a.
Speaker 5: Quarter of a million dollars. I mean he's probably spent what a thousand at them all at the most.
Speaker 3: You think he's not two dollars penn well over a thousand at that mom or.
Speaker 2: If they had a lot of bags, then they had boxes.
Speaker 5: What do we think he's giving for the peach bit a hundie one hundred, one hundred thousand.
Speaker 1: Whatever he's giving. Val is ready to suck it up. She doesn't care, Nope, And then they start breaking out.
Speaker 5: I mean I was like, oh boy, he forgaved her pay back together or he's even going to remember this. He's so like out of his mind. He forgave her for remember when she wanted to like on him off on uh jingil Monica, Like, I guess he forgot about it. He sure did. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Everyone just wants to throw money at this girl or not lucky her, Like what the heck?
Speaker 3: I know because Kenny was like, just keep the money, I don't want it. I would have been like, it's like, I'll take that back.
Speaker 5: Why do you think that Brandon?
Speaker 2: Okay, way are we going to this now?
Speaker 5: Yeah? I think we should say why do we think Brandon really is the only one that has any anything over Valerie, like not anybody else. She only like kind of listens to him, even though she lies to him.
Speaker 2: Because he's the only one that truly cares about her no matter what, Like she's not a good person, and he still loves her.
Speaker 5: But he doesn't learn, Like she lied to his face. He knew everything, and he pushes her on it and she still lies. But it's like he for he just always just forgives her too.
Speaker 2: He's like that with the pretty ladies. Though. I gotta say, though I have never seen Brandon which with such big I know, when he yelled, fired up out of character, I was like, good for you, Like I loved him never He's always so calm and like diplomatic. Yeah, I was turned on.
Speaker 1: He turned on.
Speaker 2: I was turned on like he was. He stepped up.
Speaker 1: I liked it too.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Yeah, he does take control from time to time where he really he is the leader of the bunch, right, there's no denying it.
Speaker 1: Right, he was sitting there reading a magazine like old Jim Wood made.
Speaker 5: It was father figurey, Jenny, You're right, he was ready to sort of be the father figure to Valerie. Right, and then it's like she lied to the parent and then he was like me perfect.
Speaker 2: But still even when he is the leader and does the right thing and takes charge, he still he never yells like that. I have never in all these seasons heard him maybe reading one other time, I can't remember.
Speaker 5: Do you yell as an actor? Because wouldn't it like.
Speaker 2: You open your mouth and shout.
Speaker 5: So it doesn't like blow out mikes or sound like you just can actually yell.
Speaker 3: Well, I think in that situation the boom man, who's usually in the shot, would give him a little bit more room up there. Yeah, boom when he knows that the scream is coming, the yells are coming.
Speaker 2: Right, He probably heard rehearsal and was like wow.
Speaker 3: When Blake used to be like, oh yeah, if you ever like because that would happen. We'd been messing around or whatever, and one of us would screech or scream or slap or make some big noise and the sound men would act as if their ear drums had been blown out, which they probably had.
Speaker 1: Oh sound guys.
Speaker 5: Do we feel sad to see Kenny go?
Speaker 2: Okay? First of all, can we go back to the beginning. But there's a lot of mention and visuals of Mustard in this episode, Mustard, do you know what I'm saying? Are you picking up when I'm putting down?
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 2: Kelly makes uh a Colonel Mustard in the war?
Speaker 1: Okay, she says, yeah, so did Colonel Mustard or something?
Speaker 2: Uh? Yeah, was it Colonel Mustard in the.
Speaker 1: Laboratory with the Yeah, yeah, yeah, it.
Speaker 5: Was a clue. It was a clue.
Speaker 2: Right, So there's two references. And then almost the entire episode, Valerie wear's the worst out that I've ever seen. It's an ever scene, this mustard yellow. I loved it. So it was like, oh, it was so good.
Speaker 1: It was so cute on her body, her body.
Speaker 2: Okay, so go ahead, Kenny.
Speaker 1: Kenny, I have got to say, I'm going to miss him.
Speaker 2: Because he wore his last he wore suspenders.
Speaker 5: That's all. I would have done something so different with Kenny. If I were the creator and writer, I would have I sort of think the affair was sort of a compelling storyline. I think I would have gone in a different direction and dragged it out more.
Speaker 1: I don't know, like more like drama with the wife.
Speaker 5: Yeah, more dynasty ish, like not the whole like I'm fake pregnant and I want money more like they almost get caught and just you know, more sort of leaning into that, and maybe she falls in love with him even more and he's in love with her, and you're sort of wondering, and why doesn't he leave the wife? And I don't Just more sort of drama with that.
Speaker 3: I don't know about all this, Like I fell in love with him, I fell in love with her, talk like he ain't buying it.
Speaker 5: It's too fast either, Like love takes time and he doesn't love her, come on, takes time, Like I think he loves his wife the whole, like he's leaving the wife. He's never leaving the wife. The wife. He needs to leave them. If you're going to be honest, she needs to say, Kenny, I'm gonna take.
Speaker 1: You for everything you got, and you're the secretary while I'm at.
Speaker 5: It, Yeah, yeah, you need to go.
Speaker 2: Wait else they have you know, he's had sex with the secretary, right.
Speaker 1: I feel like probably we're really just kind of what's it called assuming leaders a little too long? She knows, well exactly.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Brandon did have some balls too, because he walked into that office. Brandon had some serious balls in this episode too, because that took balls to go and.
Speaker 1: Have balls like it's Brandon Walsh first of all, and second of all, Yeah, Jim Walsh owns the company, So of course I.
Speaker 5: Don't think Jim owns the company. I think Jim's just a high up exec at the company.
Speaker 1: I'm going to go with Jim owns the company.
Speaker 5: It's your because I remember Jim almost got fired or something weird happened.
Speaker 1: He got to shop back and then everybody.
Speaker 5: Loves Yeah, he's a big wig at the at the company, which is all the more reason why it's like Kenny's choices are really odd.
Speaker 2: I still think like Brandon did step up though, like yeah, he didn't have to do that.
Speaker 1: Well, he had to get the truth, he had to find.
Speaker 5: He didn't say to Kenny is like hey Kenny, uh, I get it, Like Valerie is, you know, extorting you, But what are you doing Kenny, Like, hey, Kenny, you're married and now you're kind of like praying on a young girl. He didn't do that.
Speaker 3: That's none of his beast wax. Honestly, none of this is his business. But I like he's trying, but.
Speaker 5: Still Kennys Kenny comes off like a little too clean in this, like everybody's giving Valerie all the grief.
Speaker 3: When I was watching that, I made I remember you saying I like this guy, you know, even though he's accidentally falling in love with this girl, Like I really like him.
Speaker 1: I was when I was watching himself, like how could she like him?
Speaker 5: He's I had a terrible taste.
Speaker 3: He's like he's pit of me, like I'm a big expect I can buy my way out of lies, and it's just yeah, he's so far charming.
Speaker 5: He's the dick.
Speaker 2: He is dick. Yeah he should.
Speaker 5: It's like on a young girl too, like we're not. I mean, I understand she's over, you know, eighteen, and I think she's over twenty one, but like he's like forty. And like also the nonchalant way that Kelly says, Oh he hit on me when I was the babysitter, and it's just like he.
Speaker 1: Is he doing it for a long time. Yeah, he's just one of those guys.
Speaker 5: Yeah ill ew Yeah.
Speaker 1: But I did also feel like, wait, Kelly is really stirring some pots in this episode. She's busting up in there, telling him fou secret to Brandon. She just marches up on the Valerie at the coffee bar.
Speaker 5: She did not keep the secret in any way.
Speaker 2: I liked it. Kelly was great. I liked it too. I did. I did have a moment where I'm like, God forbid, they're wrong. I know me too. I feel so bad as Kelly's friend like that, she like because she would never have done that if she thought it was real.
Speaker 1: And I'm like, oh what if that would have been Donna saying to Kelly, don't do this because you don't know.
Speaker 5: Kelly like, I know, but we knew, we knew, and Steve knew. Steve was like one plus one is not e going to like, She's got all her facts all jumbled up.
Speaker 2: A lot of clue detective mystery like sleuth things. In this episode.
Speaker 4: Valerie is a bad liar. She's not a good liar'st like, she's not the only the only cares. The only one she pulled off was the one with Ginger le Monica.
Speaker 5: That one was she.
Speaker 1: Pulled that off, and even then she wasn't good at it, but the rest of the people were just accepted it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because Ginger, you know, played the part. Yeah, m hm, So what now? Valerie and David own the peepad and they're going to live happily ever after. I'm fine, I think we're going to Vegas.
Speaker 5: Yeah, she's mad.
Speaker 2: It's not gonna lie broken up by this time. So I r L in real life. Yeah, so they probably weren't.
Speaker 5: That's not happy to even.
Speaker 1: It looked very natural though. It looked like, yeah, let's do this again. That feels good.
Speaker 5: Well, yeah, because they actually have some chemistry. You realize that when you see when you compare you and Mark to the two of them, it's like, oh wow, mm hmm.
Speaker 1: That's what it is.
Speaker 2: Val has chemistry with everyone though.
Speaker 5: Yeah she does.
Speaker 1: She's uh, she's very snack in the grass.
Speaker 2: No, very like I was.
Speaker 5: Gonna say, vixen.
Speaker 1: Is that the vixeny sectualized?
Speaker 2: Uh huh?
Speaker 1: What do you give it?
Speaker 2: What do you give it? What's your school?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 2: I'm sorry it's not higher than eight. I'm gonna give it a nine. Whoa, whoa, I'm really sorry. I really enjoyed the fast pace like I was fast. Yeap, Yeah, that's all. Maybe it like moved.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna go eight eight and a half.
Speaker 2: Let's let's do the different.
Speaker 5: Wow, I'm the lowest. That's that's weird, that's rare, weird. Wow, it was the coust I just was so bored by the cous dinner, the weird calls. I was like, I don't I'm not enjoying this weird though.
Speaker 2: Oh man, I'm sorry. Okay, what's next week?
Speaker 3: Next week we have The Things We Do for Love? Nope, that's the one we watched tonight.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 1: The next week, we have lost in Las Vegas.
Speaker 5: And I think it's not on streaming for those listening, We're gonna have to get our DVDs out because I think there's music. I think I think Jamie Walters is back.
Speaker 2: Wait, we filmed in Vegas? Actually, correct? Did you go to Vegas?
Speaker 5: I don't think you all go, but I think some of you go, and I think Jamie Walters is back.
Speaker 1: Well, then you go?
Speaker 2: Do I go?
Speaker 7: I don't.
Speaker 5: I don't think so. I think I think it's David and Valerie. Now I can't remember, but I don't think you all go because I think that that Jamie Walters. I can't remember. I don't want to necessarily think again, I think so, and I think that's why it's on streaming, because he must be singing. I'm sorry why it's not on streaming. I'm pretty sure. I think he's definitely back. He's involved.
Speaker 1: How about we see you guys next week. We'll find out for sure.
Speaker 5: And here's my note. If anytime during the day you hear the word dick or any reference to a coxin, just give a little giggle, awink.
Speaker 2: And a giggle. Nobody will know why you're laughing. You could go download listen and give five stars to nine oh two one OMG.
Speaker 1: Because we made you laugh. That's all we want. Bye guys, Bye guys.