Speaker 1: No one could even sniff the bit out. And then that like when it happened, it.
Speaker 2: Was blue or that he wrote all that like that was and I did the like a live blogger from the crowd to oh fun.
Speaker 3: So he wrote all that stuff like that.
Speaker 1: Was all cross That's great, a cool thing. Yeah, it was nuts great special. Yeah, Jack, who do you know?
Speaker 4: I don't know anybody. I don't know any of this ship, man, I don't know you. I wasn't even born yet when this ship was backen, so.
Speaker 1: I wasn't even born again yet.
Speaker 4: I hadn't accepted Christ into my leg at that point. So like, really not a lot of memories from back and then the dark ages, as me and my pastor call it.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 2: You guys are really close, really.
Speaker 1: Me and my pastor.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, you gotta get yourself. Get yourself a pastor that looks at you like my pastor looks at me.
Speaker 2: Guys, more crypto than most.
Speaker 1: Almost all, Yeah, it does.
Speaker 4: He's got to sleep in our room because sometimes the past the crypto deals pop up in the middle of the night because they're happening offshore.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well the devil's got the sec or whatever, so he's.
Speaker 1: That's right, that's true. Instead of a collection basket, it's just an iPad that's ENCRYPTID that you can go various coins, collection crypto wallet.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Hello the Internet, and welcome to Season three, seventy seven, Episode three of them Dirtilyaykay are Shying After production of iHeartRadio. This is a podcast where we take a deep dive into america share consciousness. It is Wednesday, February twenty sixth, twenty twenty five. It is the seventh birthday of my youngest. Oh, shout out to that young man.
Speaker 1: Happy birthday to that young man.
Speaker 4: Happy birthday to that young man. It's not that I'm like keeping his name off for you know, privacy purposes.
Speaker 1: I just can't remember it right now, so it's hard to keep track. How many do you have? Check too? Yeah, when it gets up to that number.
Speaker 4: It's when you get up to two, it can be tricky. I can the little little guy there he is. There's my buddy, little young What I call him, My name is Jack O'Brien aka Jeez drool from everything I'm naming cream, get the dairy, Dairy and all my meals, y'all. That one courtesy of panoramic view on the discord also got hen Tron calling me Jack quote eggnog pervert O'Brien.
Speaker 1: This in reference yesterday's episode where I was.
Speaker 4: Talking to our young guest Garrison Davis and they were saying they still like feticini alfredo and clam chowder and and I was like, I'm too old to eat such cream based stuff, and then realized that I still drink agnog like even when it's not Christmas.
Speaker 1: Is that true?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a year round for you. Yeah, I fucking love agnogy, guys, I can't help I remember when I was like a PA in La, which meant like I was like a non unionized team stir was essentially how they used us, like unloading trucks. When that sounds a lot tougher than what I believe the actuality of being a PA is of my lie and in unis Teamster. I remember, like we would also get lunch, of course, and there's a place called Boston Nova on Sunset, I think, which yeah, you have.
Speaker 4: To pronounce it, that's right, Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 1: And they had this full like bacon like or like Fetcini carbon era alfredo like that I would have for lunch in my early twenties because and then I would unload trucks in the eat and it made no difference whatsoever.
Speaker 4: Now when you're young versus one year old, like hangovers now are feel like.
Speaker 1: A terminal disease.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, they feel like you are you were dying from something, and back then it was just something that you would like kind of get through. Right anyways, Yeah, cream is different. I guess it's worse now that I like do it knowing that it's gonna give you diarrhea, whereas back then, I just I don't think I knew. I was just like I love Fetichini Alfredo and often have.
Speaker 1: Uh, diarrhea is just this is just life, I guess.
Speaker 2: I guess everybody's loudly shitting their pants twice a week.
Speaker 4: You know why they gotta give me the nickname about it. I'm sure it's happening to everybody else.
Speaker 1: Anyways.
Speaker 4: Uh. Thrill to be joined in our second seat by a brilliant comedian writer actor special is Daddy long Legs. He's the coiner of the disgusting phrase plumpers to describe his thighs.
Speaker 1: It's Blake Wexland. This is Blake Wexler aka strap Strap that's what I get. Shove that wooden swab down my neck. But I've got shows to plug. That's why I'm talking to you in my office with this bug a boo. I've tested positive for strap throat on the strap throat goat, but I'm fine. Everything's okay. I'm on antibiotics. I'm pro antibiotic, and yeah, it's great that it's really going around or it's going around.
Speaker 4: Our eldest again don't really remember his name, but had seven recently. He's eight, and then our young guess is turning seven today. Blake, trying to keep up.
Speaker 1: Jesus Christ, I don't if you think you have trouble remembering who your kids are. I still want to.
Speaker 4: Give you the aka Phantom of the nine to eleven Memorial, because you do haunt the nine to eleven Memorial. You were explaining where you are in the world, and you just made reference eight minutes from ground.
Speaker 1: For having art attack from all the evog.
Speaker 4: Eight minutes at any time from the World Trade Center. Anyways, welcome to the Phantom.
Speaker 1: Thank you. I would love to know what the nutritional information is on egg nog, and we will get to that in the third break ohet it's so wild it is, it's like a different substance.
Speaker 4: Well, first of all, it is like kind of a non non Newtonian substance, and that it's like neither solid nor liquid, it's like somewhere in between. But it's also like the the number of calories per like thymbol of that is so mindful. It's like the most calorically dense food that has ever been created.
Speaker 2: It's just like it's like an it's like eggs and cake frosting or something.
Speaker 4: Basically it is a more viscous cake frosting. It's like a cake frosting that drinks easy basically.
Speaker 1: So easy drinks cake frosting drink.
Speaker 2: That's also like subjective whether or not it drinks easy but goes down easymore.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you. That's why. It's also why all.
Speaker 4: The method actors who gain weight for the rolls and they're like, I like, would just melt a pint of ice cream, or I think Sylvester Sloan for Copland eight pancakes every day just drink fucking egg It's like there for you, what are you doing? You're just like trying to be dramatic, but like you, all you need to do is drink a pint of egg nugget day and you're good golden. Anyway, I've been telling them that, but they want to answers about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, water balloons.
Speaker 4: Sorry, go ahead, Blake. We're thrilled to be joined in our third seat by a very funny comedian, actor, writer, improviser who's special, spiritually filthy. Y'all ought to go check out right now one of our favorite guests on the show Old Friends Reunited, Blake and it's more.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thanks for having Sweet Bros.
Speaker 1: It's going to be here. Yeah, thanks you being bros.
Speaker 3: Sweet.
Speaker 1: That was the other name that we're considered for the podcast.
Speaker 2: Sweet Beautiful Bros.
Speaker 1: Sweet some sweet sweet beautiful Bros. SBBs.
Speaker 3: How you doing, Mark, I'm doing good Man.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Apparently Blake was informing before we started that he and I met seventeen years ago, because we're both credible sixty four years old, sixteen years old with David Cross.
Speaker 3: We met. Was it in La Blake?
Speaker 1: It was in Boston, So I was going to Emmerson, which was right across the street from that theater that you both were at.
Speaker 3: Amazing. Yeah, that's what we filmed that special.
Speaker 1: Oh no way, I think and yeah that makes sense. Yeah, they would film a lot there. That's great. Yeah yeah, and that's special.
Speaker 4: I can see you on on stage yeah yeah, on a comedy tour. Six months sober, that's yeah.
Speaker 1: It's off t be a tough one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was like six months sober at the time. It crosses my idol and he had written he'd written I drink for a reason, which I totally read and was like, okay, well, like.
Speaker 1: Me too. I want to just pick up the sobriety thing in eight months.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I'll see you in a year.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Nice, good Lord, good for you.
Speaker 4: Thrilled to have you here, thrilled to have you both. I'm gonna be honest excited to have you both. We're gonna get to know you a little bit better in a moment more at first. A couple of things we're talking about. I just want to like, look at some of the headlines about these Nazi salutes. They seem to be gaining popularity amongst some leaders on the right, and the media seems to be like, what, well, what the heck was that thing he's doing with this?
Speaker 1: Did did he no, they're a bug loose. He swam under a bug.
Speaker 4: So I just want to look at them, and then look at Nick went as his reaction as compared to the mainstream media's reaction, and then I want to look at these point of view you wake up in enter historical like period Ancient Rome, the Middle Ages, the Black Plague, and just you know, test them for historical accuracy, because I feel like they're like being created at a rapid pace, and you know, five million views each on some of these fucking things. I don't know if you guys have seen them.
Speaker 1: I watched one of them, and it's it's as fucked as you'd think it would be.
Speaker 2: I do somehow manages to be as fuck did you as? That's crazy.
Speaker 4: I've got some complaints, but I've also got a rave, one very specific rave for them, So we'll talk about that plenty more. But first mort we do like to ask our guest, what is something from your search history that's revealing about.
Speaker 1: Who you are?
Speaker 2: You know, as the skateboarding liaison did this podcast, what I was looking at. I was just in Arizona for the Slow Impact Gathering, which is this like kind of academic skateboard conference thing. So I was looking at the schedule for that, but it is so sick. It's put on in this dude, Ryan Leigh, who's profer New Balance and sci fi fantasy and so many highlights. I got to do stand up for like one hundred skateboarders in the Kylo Town skate Shop out there, which is a rad skate shop. Go sick, met some pros. Just sixteen year old More was just thrilled with the whole thing.
Speaker 1: It was that's pretty cool.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and you are skateboarding as you're doing stand up and they're skateboarding.
Speaker 1: Along with you.
Speaker 2: Is that?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I broke my wrist. Ye nice slow impact.
Speaker 3: It's called slow impact. Yeah, it's great.
Speaker 2: It's like there's a there's a guy, uh the student in Ted Schmid who's got a PhD in architecture, and he took us a ride and gave us a tour of a s u where he just talked about like this building was built by Frank Lloyd right son and this ledge is one of the earliest flat top ledges in Arizona.
Speaker 3: Like ship like that.
Speaker 4: It was like very niche and very Yeah, it was Frank Lloyd Right's son, like a great architect and also a skater.
Speaker 2: He was a not a skater, his son in law, but very clearly was like Frank Lloyd right, but made a building there and it's huge. And then Frank wood right son in law, has one that's like kind of standing in its shadows, sort of sadly in this like edipal complex way that put it out. Yeah, it was Wow, it never ends.
Speaker 1: That's Frank Lloyd right. I'd hate the bait Flank Lloyd wrong. I also I think this no bit. I think my wife read like a slightly erotic novel about Frank Lloyd right, and I think it was called Loving Frank. If I'm off, hold on if I'm off, Loving Frank book.
Speaker 3: More like Frank Horny Right.
Speaker 1: It is thank you also thank you also really good guys. Uh Yeah, it was about an adulterous affair that he had with a woman. All right, there you go. So, yeah, if you want to get Hornyman.
Speaker 4: And other steamy descriptions like that in the book. Yeah, so here comes Frank Lloyd right, and there's this woman and they're gonna get it on.
Speaker 1: I guess I don't know. He took off whatever the hell it was.
Speaker 2: You described it as somewhat erotic and then that's exactly what your description was.
Speaker 1: That is the genre. Actually, it's not erotic fiction. It's somewhat erotic fiction.
Speaker 4: I tried, and they tried it, and it was pretty okay. They weren't sure if they were going to keep doing it.
Speaker 2: But you know, he had jack.
Speaker 4: Oh no, that's so clinical. There's some wild, wild stuff. I went and saw a falling water. I think that's the big famous house outside of Pittsburgh that Frank Lloyd right made. And there's a story from his past that I don't I don't have in front of me. It's basically like this horrible horror movie style massacre that happened at his house to his family, like while he was out of town.
Speaker 1: That is a little known story that I don't know. We're worth looking up.
Speaker 4: It's a it's just a I'll give you a little Wikipedia wreck if you if you want to look up Franklod Wright's family.
Speaker 1: Frank Lloyd Wright's family. Yeah, fucking wild.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like at like this beautiful house that he had built and then like one of the people who worked there just went wild with an axe one day on the whole family.
Speaker 1: Crazy story, holy moly.
Speaker 4: I bet that's not in your little uh kind of sort of erotic fiction book, Blake. I sorry, I said Frank horny, right, yeah, Jesus guy was horny, though I think he was out of an affair.
Speaker 1: So you know.
Speaker 3: I have one more story that I think is interesting from the Skate Weekend, which is that, Okay, there's this pro named Tom car Angelov. He's sick, he's pro for New Balance, and he's he's like an interesting, artful dude, which skateboarding is an art form, whether you recognize it or not.
Speaker 1: So he did.
Speaker 2: He had this interview where he was talking about he goes to this podcast on you guys are pro cop I know that you guys, don't you hate the beautiful? Why can't you listen to them when they say no skating here? Why can't you listen to them?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: God, So this dude does this did this thing where he's a cinephile, So he goes to all these different places and looks for skate spots and he's super into John Carpenter. So there's just there's this whole thing where they follow him around like all of Pasadena to all these different parts where they filmed Halloween and that he's like skating spots around there. And my wife is friends with John Carpenter kind of like he's a big gamer and she is in the gaming industry. She does voice she's like the head of a you know, franchise, she does video game voices. Wow, And I sent I had her send John Carpenter this interview with this skateboarder, and then he responded so that I was able to tell Tom Caranjelov Hey, John Carpenter saw that video. I know that for sure, and he was like, dude, that made my life.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much, like he was.
Speaker 3: So hyped to hear this.
Speaker 4: It was just a very just a true life highlight for me. Yeah, that's such a fun sort of epilogue to a career. Like John Carpenter great one of the great filmmakers, maybe the greatest of like the eighties, And people are like, why doesn't he make movies anymore?
Speaker 1: Did he pass away?
Speaker 4: And it's like no, he just like discovered video games and he was like, holy shit, these are so fucking fun.
Speaker 1: This is sick. Just doesn't make movies anymore.
Speaker 4: People are like, why don't you make movies? Like video games are really fun. Like, Yeah, he's just like to get high and watch video games.
Speaker 2: It's like an angsty teen in his basement.
Speaker 1: He's like, I don't want to work.
Speaker 2: Yeah, basically and anyplace he We went and saw him at the Palladium and it's pretty sick. He has a band that just plays John Carpenter's style music and there's like smoke effects and it's like pretty dark.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah he made oh cool, he made a lot of the music for his movies.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what is more? Something you think is underrated?
Speaker 3: Underrated? This is a very personal one.
Speaker 2: I'm going sunscreen, Okay, Yeah, I'm under I'm a fairer gentleman. I'm on the fair side of the complexion. And just being in an Arizona this weekend, I realized if I wasn't constantly she lacking myself with like seventy SPF, which is basically glue, Like if you use that shit, it's just like, yeah, you're just like wearing it. Yeah, it's like wearing a weird what color you are now it's like a suit or something, because that guy bright white. But if I wasn't having that, I would look like I just got out of like a skin graft surgery. I would be bright red and like peeling and stuff, you know, totala yeah, there you go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we were talking about like getting older where it's like, oh, you can't drink as much, you can't have as much cream based products. But it is like I do find myself not caring what you know. Yeah, like whatever whatever. Now I have a sunshirt beach yeah, yeah for the beach for my living room. In the shower, we have a skylight that has been decimating my skin stage four skin cancer from the skylight.
Speaker 2: Is justly turning into like like a middle aged health tips podcast.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's all right with me, spoke. We didn't pick up video games, you'll you'll be great.
Speaker 4: We also offer what is something you think is overrated?
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go with a nice cold take here and say social media.
Speaker 1: Guys, come on what I know?
Speaker 3: But like, what are we do? What the fuck?
Speaker 2: It's first of all, it was we're all working for Meta for free every single day. That's all we do is raise money for Meta and it. You know, initially it's supposed to like connect artists to their audience and you can have lots of followers and they will ever see your post because of the way the algorithm works. It's terrible for mental wellness. It's fucking every like, we share all this important political information and yet somehow the country seems to continue. It doesn't get more progressive.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 2: The only the only thing I think we should all just like fucking gently the lead our apps put the phone down, walk away, unless you are on TikTok and your algorithm is like my wife's, which is just like a kitten yawning so loud it scares itself. Like if that right, If that's your algorithm, that's good for mental health.
Speaker 4: Just put your wife in charge of all social media. She's like, all right, this one is I can't see how it's going to be harmful. And then in three years we have kitten Hitler that is.
Speaker 2: Like you think it's gonna get Like, you know, if we every day, if I watch a duck that can play the piano, like, I just have a better afternoon.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 3: That being said, follow me.
Speaker 1: On, where can people follow you more? Where can people find you?
Speaker 4: It does feel like, Yeah, I think like part of it is that we used to have church or bowling leagues or like places to actually connect with other people. Like through all the things that you know, there's nothing wrong with what you said, but it was church or leagues.
Speaker 1: Those are the only two that's it.
Speaker 4: Well, there's like also other things that I'm drawing up, like like lions clubs or clubs.
Speaker 1: You know, like American region. Yeah, we were all in the army.
Speaker 4: I don't know, but like people just had these things that they did with each other when they were done working, and you would like interact, You would like see people with your eyes and like pick up all the like subtle clues of like their body language and like just have this social experience that like the human organism was like designed for. And now that shit all went away. Yeah, it's being replaced by social media, which is like hacked into the circuitry. That's like around that. And I think it's probably best if we just view it as a brain pairasite. That is, like when you look at like what it has done to Elon Musk, what it has done to like market, Like these are people who like start out as like you know, quiet nerds who are like left leaning, and then like you know what, whatever, it just seemed, for whatever reason, it seems to like take the human brain down this one specific.
Speaker 2: Direction until you're in like wielding a chainsaw on stage in the middle.
Speaker 1: Of the day. Middle of the day.
Speaker 4: I think it's for a while, like there's this thing that they used to talk about in philosophy that was like the singularity when robots come and like they're so much smarter than us that like they called it AI back then, So like that's this whole A movement was picking up on that. But the idea was like that there will be a point where like there's going to be this organism that comes and can like take over control of like human kind. And I thought for a while that like that is the Internet. The Internet like has done this to us. It's like taken over control. It is like you know, controlling us. It's just it's such a weird thing to say, to be like the Internet is the high but it's like this hive mind that is like powered by us individually or like collectively that like nobody has control over, and it like changes how people behave in like a really profound way that seems to be like bent on air destruction. If you like view it as a whole like from a distance, so I would I would second, you're overrated alternated.
Speaker 2: And it's like they spend millions upon millions to make it hyper addictive.
Speaker 3: And the thing about addiction is it is progressive. So like you get sicker and sicker. Yeah, and you don't realize that's happening because there's part of the part of the thing is self denial, so that all of a sudden you're like ignoring your children, you know what I mean. Then all of a sudden you're like screaming, I am become meme.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, when you're fifty six or whatever, when you should you know what I mean, when you should be like meaning good to your grandchildren at that point, you know, like gently settling back into the like the sundowning of your life.
Speaker 1: You know, dying. You should be dying, not whatever the fuck? This is not killing rage rage rage. Yeah, all right, let's take a quick break and enough enough of that ship. Shut up, Shut up, you guys, stop it. Just shut the fuck up, and we're back. And hey, hey, so we uh talked.
Speaker 4: On yesterday's episode. You know, seapack happened. I always I'm calling that right, Yeah, seapack not. I get those two confused in my brain. I don't know why I So there were a couple of Nazi salutes, namely, you know, Steve Bannon did one that the crowd seemed to respond positively to.
Speaker 1: And then so what took him so long? Like how has that not been his eightieth that he's done? You know at this point, right, sack of ship. It's been such a sack of shit, like openly for so long. Like it's like, all right, well, I guess it's free rate, Like he wouldn't even have done it.
Speaker 2: But while the people that like are evil and look evil, you know, that's like evil people are like really hot, so it's hard, you know what I mean. But he is, yeah, this is very super visial. But he's melting from the inside.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yes, the Yeah, there's a thing like nominative determinism where people with the name Dennis are more likely to be dentists. And it's like so stupid that it's like hard to even like to talk about because people.
Speaker 1: Like he should be Snazi.
Speaker 4: But I'm saying, like, there, I feel like there's a appearance Steve, yeah, right, like he looks evil and therefore like something in him is like gravitating in that direction.
Speaker 1: He's like I might as well right, yeah, But I just the way the media in the US in particular, seems to be responding to these things.
Speaker 4: I guess I don't know what I want them to do, but like calling it, like phrasing it as a question, I guess it is getting on my nerves. We have this headline here, did Steve Bannon flash a Nazi salute at Seaback? Like that's what you get if you just google Steve Bannon Nazi salute?
Speaker 1: It's did Steve? Is it a legal thing? And if so? Can someone can we please have that go through the court so we can start calling it a Nazi salute? Please?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: Is that because that's the only thing I can think of, is that, Oh, we don't want to be sued for saying it's a Nazi salute and then it would have to be decided by this wonderfully progressive Supreme Court. Oh is it a Roman salute? Fucked total fucked argument or a Nazi?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: That is it?
Speaker 4: Because like there there is a headline like right next to it in the doc. Like I took a screencap of just the results, and like right next to it is Bannon gives Nazi salute at seapack, and that one's from like a website that has the extension dot CZ so I think, you know, a non American website feels comfortable.
Speaker 2: I thought that was a comedy sports website, which is a form improv team.
Speaker 1: The political arm of companies is strong.
Speaker 3: Aguestion of your least favorite political leader.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's a tweet from like ball Sacks Sports.
Speaker 4: Have you seen these like the handle at ballsack Sports And they're like, he's a fucking Nazi. You got like like somebody who like tweets like random sports shit all the time, just like woke up. I guess yesterday was just like what the fuck these guys, these guys are fucking Nazis.
Speaker 1: What's happening? Well, it's parody anymore.
Speaker 2: No, it's like, yeah, the end, you know, And I don't believe anybody can tell the future. And I also think we need to be very aware of what's happening. It's like the progression, the frightening possibility for progression is like, are is there something wrong with these internment camps? You're like, can we fucking call it what it is?
Speaker 1: Right exactly?
Speaker 4: So, you know, I think people have seen the video right now, but like I also, I just want to play this clip of Nick Fuentes, who is like the go to like open Nazi, like he's a Nazi, Like he's like, yeah, I'm a Nazi, like I like Hitler. And he has responded to both the Elon Musk salute and the Steve Bannon salute in the same way, which is like kind of like kind of weird that he's like one the one person who seems to be clear on this. And I wonder if it's just because like he recognizes, like, oh yeah, there's like no, nothing bad is going to come of this for me. Now like my side has won, I can like speak openly about what this is.
Speaker 1: But let me just play this clip real quick.
Speaker 5: Bannon gets up there and says, I think Trump's gonna run in twenty eight. He goes, we want Trump, and then he throws up a straight up Roman salute.
Speaker 7: It's it's getting a little uncomfortable even for me, even I'm starting to feel like that guy in the picture that wouldn't hail Hitler.
Speaker 1: We all know that reference. Uh all right, so.
Speaker 4: And then I mean he had the same reaction to the Elon Musk one, which again the media was like we got to give the guy the benefit of the doubt.
Speaker 1: Elon Musk, Like that was a serious Roman.
Speaker 7: It wasn't even like like a subtle like a wave like one of these like a Laura Ingram, Remember when Laura Ingram did that. That was a straight up, like sigile like loving Hitler energy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I don't know.
Speaker 4: So that's the guy who seems like he knows so much about Nazi salutes that he has like references to. He's like, I feel like the guy in that one picture we've all seen where like everybody's giving the Hitler salute, and like he's not. You know, this guy he has like a historical amount he wrote he worked on Kanye's political camp Pain and was like writing Hitler based ideas into Kanye's presidential campaign.
Speaker 1: Remember that was the thing.
Speaker 4: He's a bit of an expert in like all the worst fucking possible ways. He seems to be pretty clear on like what's going on here. It's just so weird to me that the US media is still framing it as a question or saying he's being accused of doing something that in the article, like right above it, there's a video of him doing of him doing the thing that he's being accused of.
Speaker 2: Yeah, especially when everything else is so click baity, you know what I mean, Like, well, I I guess it maybe is the possibility of a defamation suit or whatever, but why is this the one thing that they're avoid like avoiding using the most sensationalistic terms to.
Speaker 1: Describe Yeah, yeah, I.
Speaker 4: Watch it. It must be like legally defensive. I don't know where.
Speaker 1: And when you watch these pieces of shiit do it too, Like it's it's almost like watching a kid, like they know they just did a bad like they did something naughty, you know where, even like uh fucking melt face elon, Like when he was doing it, he looked around afterwards to be like, hey, what is about to happen now that I just did that? And even Bannon, who looks like a guy who just says hello to people that way on the street, but even after he did it was like like he kind of paused a little bit. There was a little bit of a hitch before because they're like, I can't believe I'm about to do this thing. Like even the worst people in the entire world are like, oh, like, what's about to happen? After I do this, like when I.
Speaker 4: Gave somebody the middle finger for the first time when I was like six years old, and I'm just like, you know, fucked yeah, or that.
Speaker 2: Thing where you like throw a ball at somebody and you you somehow are like, oh no, it's accidentally headed right for their face, you know, so you turn around and pretend it wasn't you, and you blame Frank because you're a coward. But like, and it's amazing that even Fuenes is a parent, looks like he's having a bit of a dark knight of the soul in the same kind of way where it's like, oh, wait, you're you're actually allowing us to try to do this, Like it's one thing to troll and pretend like, wasn't the Holocaust kind of cool, dude, you know what I mean. And then all of a sudden, you're in a position of power, you've got there's got to be some part of your human soul that is like starting to recognize the terror a little bit, right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I think that's I think that's how I don't know, I think he is having fun with like this moment where everybody's like looking to him as the Nazi to be like, wait that was you would tell us if that was a Nazi salute, right right, right? But yeah, I think like he's able to, I guess because he is an open and avowed Nazi just say what it is, which like I think anybody with eyes can see that it's But.
Speaker 2: It's like if the fucking teams from four Chan all of a sudden, we're like the vice president, you know what I mean, like yeah, you know, they're like.
Speaker 4: Whoops, right, one of the leaders, like France has a lot of like really scary far right parties, and one of the leaders was scheduled to speak at Seapack and like canceled his appearance after that because even he was like, oh that was like a straight up we can't do that, right, But I guess, like it just it feels like whatever the forces are on high that are like, you know, affecting you know, how American society operates. It's just like America is the place where like that is okay, and like France and you know, Germany and England are places like there there are these like protest like pieces of protest art that are going up over overseas that there's a poster that says goes from zero to nineteen thirty nine and three seconds the test will swasta car.
Speaker 1: That is fun. That went up. I think in the UK it's great, But like I I feel like people are either like too scared to call it out in America or they're just like don't care. I don't I don't know.
Speaker 4: But it's like it's starting with the media, the media being like allegations are flying that this thing happened in this video.
Speaker 1: That we're about to show you. It's just like what it's not allegations at that point, is it. And I just don't get the Nazi thing too, where it's like, all right, if you hate groups of people, Like I'm speaking very analytically, but it's like, all right, if you hate Jews, you can just hate Jews. You know, like like there's a it's not a cool team that you're associating with where it's like they lost he you know, they lost, they got their ass kicked in a war, like he was dumb in a drug addict, you know. So it's like, all right, so there's no cool Nazi for a reason, you know. So it's it's just such an odd thing where you know these people who are supposed to love America, and it's like, so do you watch Saving Private Ryan the first part and then just boo Tom Hanks every time it comes.
Speaker 4: Maybe we've been talking about how how much Tom Hanks hatred there is and like speculating maybe it was because he was like pai like the person who caught COVID and everyone was like, oh no, Dad has COVID, Like this is real. But maybe it's that maybe they're just like you know, watching Saving Private Ryan, being like this movie focus on the bad guy the whole time.
Speaker 2: Still it's it's almost it's similar to the way they they hate mister Rogers, you know what I mean. Like if you watch that Mister Rogers documentary, which is beautiful and heartbreaking, there's like footage of Fox News just Base calling him effectively a pussy.
Speaker 3: Like it's not you know what I mean. And so there's this like group of men in America.
Speaker 2: There's a type of masculinity America that is so lost and so feels so un worthy, and they're so desperate to feel superior, so desperate to have any kind of power that they're like, oh yeah, the guy in the jack boots, he he had it together. At least at least had a sharp outfit, you know what I mean, Like it's truly bizarre.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And the only way that he expressed power was in like overt acts of violence and weird hand gestures. And that's what speaks to me at this moment. And that's cyanide pill and horse cock in it. You know, it was a big strong you little big. It was a huge fear. It doesn't make any sense.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all right, let's take a quick break.
Speaker 1: We'll be.
Speaker 4: On that. Sini Pill had a horse cocke horse.
Speaker 1: Take a quick break and we'll be right. Then print that and we're back. And have you guys seen these have you seen this? You heard about this?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 4: Have you seen these po v you wake up in historical period videos?
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 4: They're going viral on TikTok. We've got the underscore ai o V underscore lab. Yes, so they are AI generated. So first of all, I just want to I'm gonna have some complaints.
Speaker 1: About these videos a little bit. I do want to say.
Speaker 2: I hope those complaints are somewhat humorous.
Speaker 1: That's what that's I'm with morn on this one. I do have a compliment that is in no way humorous.
Speaker 4: Uh, this is the first time I've seen p o V used correctly on TikTok. Ever, is it like these videos are from the point of view of some a character who is waking up like that, he looks down and you see his feet type thing.
Speaker 2: Like AI is it's nerdy enough to get the to get the perspective correct.
Speaker 4: Yes, as opposed to like POV you just saw like this happened and like that. That is a thing that is used all over TikTok and they never know what POV means.
Speaker 1: Like you can see your own nose right right, You could just like.
Speaker 4: Just see yourself. It's just it means nothing. On the other hand, it's basically like a movie of the weak level commitment to historical accuracy. And this is not shocking because not only do they use AI to generate the videos like that makes That's what I assumed it meant when it was like AI videos. They're using AI and like blending together all this different source material to get these videos that ostensibly look like they take place in ancient Egypt or you know, during the Black Plague. But the person also uses AI to do all the research. He just asks chat GPT to research a time period and then asks for information about like what people would have looked like and done. And as we've seen, chat GPT and AI fucking sucks at answering questions like that. Google asked it for cheese facts for their super Bowl commercial and the Cheese Factor came back with that they featured in their super Bowl commercial.
Speaker 1: Was a Gouda is I think responsible for like sixty percent of cheese consumption in the world, like some some fact that is like so obviously false that like a cold show that, but not say this is a Nazi salute?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 1: What the fuck is going on? We're trying to destroy truth.
Speaker 4: So you have when you have a thing that is about fact and is saying things definitively, you want it to be not true so that when something definitively horrible happens that you can be like, we don't know, I mean, fucking Google says Guda is responsible for most cheese consumption. Obviously that's not true, but you know what is truth anymore?
Speaker 1: Thank you, We'll be right back. You're listening to iHeartRadio on ninety six point six. The six.
Speaker 4: Six Wait ninety six is called the six Yeah what a weird choice by that.
Speaker 1: I don't know what they were doing over there. Yeah, but let's let's take quick looks at some of these to all these videos, POV, you're a famous painter during the Renaissance. Is that I don't want to watch this one?
Speaker 4: So this one's during the Black Plague. A lot of horrible shit happening real quick. You see a rat that is also a cat walk by Ah, that's what that was. Yes, this person is you're buying bread off the filthiest person ever, giving the bread to another person, and your hands they the hands are always visible.
Speaker 1: That that must be like something that the AI dictates. Then you give the give the medicine to an old sick man, so there's a story.
Speaker 4: They're not just trying to tell you about history. They are storytellers. And then the person falls over dead. So it's like, your dumb ass, you shouldn't have given that medicine to it.
Speaker 2: Can I just say that those like the Uncali the Uncanny Valley thing there is like perfectly executed because the eyes of the people suffering from the Black Plague are the most haunted eyes I've ever seen.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like that is horrifying, but they all like kind of have beautiful eyes. In the case as you're dying some plague, you would be everybody would be kind of hot and look like they're in like a perfume commercial about the Black Death.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they all kind kind of look like Winona Ryder a little bit.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, your skin is covered in dirt mix because all they're doing is like mixing all the faces from media and so like it's mostly actors presumably, and.
Speaker 4: People looking a little gaunt. All right, this one, we're getting to see Pompeii on the day of the eruption. That that that part is weird. I think it's just a glitch of the AI. The guy's like holding his hand out and then opens his mouth but doesn't Nothing is said.
Speaker 1: Well, you know how all the Renaissance painters were like, hey, uh like and subscribe to my work before they drew it on a ceiling, right exactly? Well fou that I like? Right, So, but all this like feels like, I don't know, could be realistic. Ish. Uh you know what's coming next?
Speaker 4: This mount Mount Vesuvius, a piece of pottery just like flies up for no reason.
Speaker 1: Wait, where is hands? Where are the hands? How am I supposed understand what happening if there's no hands. Yeah, POV.
Speaker 4: This person is pretty chill for being in a POV.
Speaker 1: Look at that one, do you guys see towards it? They're running towards it just goes full rolling, Emrick.
Speaker 2: It immediately becomes a river of fire and.
Speaker 4: Fire and then there's like a fire laser beam coming down the street like it's the fucking the aliens from Independence Day are attack like.
Speaker 2: AI red save the cat, you know, with the cat in the tree. But it doesn't understand like that. It can very easily go too far where it's no longer entertaining at all. It's just a nightmare.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 1: This might be the strip talking, but this is the most relaxed I've been in weeks watching that video. I don't know what it is. It really suited me watch. There is something soothing about it. I will say, like there's just the rhythm of the videos. There's like a ya shlomo.
Speaker 4: You feel you feel like you're in a dream like that has always been the coolest. I think whoever ultimately harnesses what is good about AI will dig into the fact that they just feel like a fucking the wildest dream you've ever had, you know, like they feel like an acid trip mixed with just a dream that you remember vividly.
Speaker 2: Is it because it's like it's so real, but it's detached from reality in the same way that dreams are.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's like there's no narrative logic to like the images. You have to like kind of harness it and like press as hard as you can on both sides, just like keep it on the rails.
Speaker 1: A little bit.
Speaker 4: There are some great ones where they don't do that, and it's just like person in a laundromat turns into like a rocket that is flying through the air, turns into like an amazing tropical fish, turns into like all these like wild, beautiful visuals.
Speaker 2: I wish they all did and like that. It is like POV You're like an eighties musician in a synth band, but it just ends with like a volcano and fire.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Producer Bay dropped the load of the chat that says waking up in North Korea and it's it's the dumbest video I've ever seen in my life. You have to watch it. They totally they totally mailed it in on this one. It's like also shorter, like there's so much they could have done with it. They always so.
Speaker 4: I feel like they're just like they've skinned one video and then just replaced details around. It.
Speaker 1: Seems to be the thing, right.
Speaker 2: Man, Even AI's cutting corners.
Speaker 1: That's even Ai. That is basically all AI does.
Speaker 2: These participations, participation trophies we gave AI.
Speaker 4: So you wake up North Korea in twenty twenty five looks like this year an apartment yet an apartment in the lower East Side. But okay, actually doesn't look bad. Wait, that's not where he was before. And that's the video, and now you've learned everything you need to know about AI, about North.
Speaker 3: Korea, and Ai they learning about our leader.
Speaker 4: I like that the paper that they're writing on looks like somebody wiped their ass with it for some reason, Like they can't they can't gotta you gotta reuse your toilet paper for writing down notes about dear leader the details that his So they the BBC, because they're good at content, had historians watch these videos because these videos are like blown up. They have like five million views, and the historians were pointing out like some of the stuff was a little pedantic, a little neil de grass tyson Ish where it was like they're reading the glyphics from left to right and actually it should be right to left. But some of it, some of the things they point out is just like oh, that would have like made the video so much more interesting. Like they point out like they did Chernobyl one and they were saying they like made the technology shittier than it actually was, and like the technology in Chernobyl and in the Soviet Union at that time was actually like pretty impressive in advance, which is like not what you would expect. So and that's what is interesting about it. Like the they point out that, like the bread. You may have noticed that every story like focuses on a person holding a piece of bread in front of the camera for some reason. That's because I don't know that worked for them in one video, so they added it to all the rest of their videos, just a person holding out bread as we do.
Speaker 2: I hope everyone like starts to turn in the bread in the car, right, bread a piece.
Speaker 1: Of bread, You're a bread man. Now they start hiring editors like because it's got because it's such a big business, and it's like I'm where the fun is the bread in this video. Where's the bread in the JFK assassination? Hold up a piece of bread, shoots through a bread silencer like a baguette silencer.
Speaker 2: Dude hit a bunch of butter comes out of the back of his head.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's now we're thinking, like, but they were like the bread didn't look like that. What did it look like?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah sorry. JFK is just a gingerbread man. She has her hair in a bun.
Speaker 3: Big.
Speaker 1: Oh you didn't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's a driving them.
Speaker 1: It just gets lazier.
Speaker 4: Anyways, this is I I think if you actually used a human to do the research before making these videos, they could be cool, but they instead cooler. Instead, they have just farmed everything out to chat GPT, which are you guys encountering people in your lives being like, hey, I just like stuck this into chat GPT, like I used AI to fill out this thing for for us, Like that's so so there you go.
Speaker 1: It's like this fucking sucks. I'm so bad that every time it's I found it's either people who are being very lazy, and I think that's the best version of it. Yeah, I don't feel like doing this. I'm going to do a chat GPT or they have no creative bone in their body whatsoever, and and they're dumb. And I actually that sounded mean. I mean, I mean could have met any other way, I think.
Speaker 4: But I think it's like for a lot of people, it's a it's like a thing to brag about. It's like remember when like people first had iPhones and they're like, look, this iPhone can like do a lightsaber.
Speaker 1: Yeah it makes a fart noise.
Speaker 4: Like yeah, like it's just a thing to be like, I have this thing, and I do I know how to use it, even though the thing that it does is fucking stupid.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a good point. I think that's a better point where it's almost like a shiny new toy basically like hey, look at this cool new toy that you don't know how to use or don't have or have chosen not to use. And I'm using it. But then it's like that's not a good toy. That toy sucks. But there's other toys.
Speaker 4: These people all think this will swear up and down, this is the future and like everything is going to run by AI.
Speaker 2: Which is I'm having this experience. I don't know why, but I was using it for it seemed like it was better like a year ago. I don't I'm not like, you know whatever, like in my day AI, but like I basically learned how to do this kind of podcast studio I have in my room almost exclusively from because I'm not like very technologically gifted or whatever. Right, But now it's like saying, yeah, it seems like it's gotten way worse. I don't know, I think I think it has. Isn't there something about It's like now it's also drawing from AI. So it's like this sort of like like this r rot misinformation loop that that's probably why that gooda thing happened, you.
Speaker 4: Know, right, Yeah, yeah, just inevitable, like devolving because it's pulling on itself.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And this isn't isn't very This isn't like a funny take. But I really think my thing is Like I don't actually think AI is the problem. I think capitalism is the problem. Like AI is just a tool, you know what I mean. Like, if it's a great tool, an artist will use, an actor whoever, will utilize it properly. But the problem is is that we're all almost facing eviction all the time, so we can't afford to lose any fucking jobs. Whereas that that wasn't the problem. We could just use this ship to make things easier for us.
Speaker 1: You know, no, not you, not you. You can't use it for that.
Speaker 3: The companies can use it for that. Well you understand what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know. The companies own their property, so they're not going to be infected. They paid off their mortgages. But yeah, it's they can use it to point yeah yeah, but yeah.
Speaker 4: The the most thoroughly pointless one they made a Titanic one like POV you're a person on the Titanic, as if the movie that the movie Titanic doesn't exist. But then I think they realize that they like, yeah, I think they realize it's pointless because halfway through that video, like as the hallways are like flooding with seawater, the camera like dips below the water and a shark is coming coming down the hallway. I think they were just like, you know what, the one way we could have made Titanic better is if there'd been fucking sharks on the boat.
Speaker 1: I think on pieces of bread, big loaves, a mother holding its child. But it's it's a bread, it's a bread loaf.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I think it's not like I think AI has a fucking anxiety disorder. Like every it feels like it's having intrusive catastrophizing thoughts like no matter what, it can only discuss like terrible catastrophes.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think it also, Yeah, it just averages out things that have come before and then also does what you what it thinks you want it to do.
Speaker 1: And so it's just building into expectations. And that is, as I've always said, exactly how great art is created.
Speaker 4: Average everything before it, imitate that, but do it in a way that you think people want to see it, and in no way upsets expectations.
Speaker 1: That's how you create great art.
Speaker 2: Do no curious exploration in any in any capacity. No, no, no, push no boundaries.
Speaker 4: Yep, that's right, push PNB pushing no boundaries. Mort Burke, what a pleasure having you on the daily Zeitgeist. Where where can people find you? Follow you all that good stuff?
Speaker 2: Such a blast, dude, Thanks for having me Guys always super fun. Yeah, you could just find me at mort Burke on Instagram and that should I plug a couple things? Yeah, sweet hell ya We've got my lovely wife and I have a podcast called Rebrand. You can find us Rebrand the podcast on Instagram. We got like eighteen episodes out. We just did one with Beth May of Dungeons and Daddies where we rebranded the oscars. Every episode there's an episode we rebranded Ghost, not Ghost the movie that'd be sick.
Speaker 1: We should do that.
Speaker 3: We rebrand Ghosts. We rebranded men. The first one is Bagel Bites. So anyway, it's super funny. We're really proud of it. Check out Rebrand.
Speaker 2: That's great, and also watch Mythic Quest on Apple TV. I'll be pop up popping up in an episode in a couple of months.
Speaker 1: Here I think, oh, that's awesome.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Rebrand Ghosts, the sequel to the movie Ghost, the James Cameron one where he walked into the office, ghost S dollar Sign.
Speaker 3: It's just a throuple. So it's like two ghosts on Patrick Swayze.
Speaker 1: When is there a work of media that you've been enjoying?
Speaker 3: I was looking.
Speaker 2: I always want to go like the the The Internet is always like hearing gone here and gone. So I always like reading old Rob Delaney tweets because he was such a hilarious like he was so funny on tweets and everybody immediately forgets about it all the time. Here's so Here's one from twenty twenty three, robbed Delaney. My wife wanted to make love tonight, had to take a rain check. I'm still so fucking angry about the Chinese spy balloon. I've never known rage or fear like this.
Speaker 1: That one. Wow.
Speaker 2: I just like it was huge and then we forgot about it. Like I love we have disappeared, like the don't taste me bro guy. I just like how quickly we move on.
Speaker 1: I like turtles so many good things. I love that.
Speaker 2: I thought you were just saying you like turtles. Yeah, what I do like I am like that kid on the internet. I love you can't argue I love turtles.
Speaker 4: Blake, where can people find you their work media you've been enjoying.
Speaker 1: People can find me at Blake Wexler on all social media. I have some live dates coming up. March thirteenth, I'm at the Comedy for It and Fort Collins, Colorado, and then March fifteenth, this is a big one. If there's any zeitgang in La, I'm headlining the Ice House in Pasadena. Those tickets are available. It's a Saturday at seven. It's very reasonable. So March fifteenth, Ice House in Pasadena and then April fourth through fifth, albeit sissyfis in Minneapolis, and that LA show is gonna have some fun special guests on it. Not that you need them, I'm enough. And the work of social media that has been kind of torturing me in a both I don't know if it's I mean it's bad. It's speaking of these AI videos. I don't know why they get sent to me, maybe because I can't stop watching them, But what's called Vibe Generator Official, and they make the most fucked up like it's like what if countries were animals, but all the animals are like jacked and shirtless, know what I'm talking about. And then you're like.
Speaker 4: Where they cast various things and they're like the like America the movie, and then it's like different actors playing various like but they're all played by yeah.
Speaker 1: Buff and like shirt they're all like and then there's one called uh sorry, Tidy World Police and it's like basically they have like young boys from each country next to one of these beasts like from the country it's it's crazy. So if you want to lose your damn mine, don't watch like, honestly, don't watch these, don't watch these. Edit this all out. It's uh, it's crazy. It's the most it's worse than those pov Those POV videos are like Oscar bait compared to whatever the fuck these things are. It's crazy. So if you want to see jacked animals for some reason.
Speaker 2: Check if you turned into a furry like if you would be forced to have a fetish.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it's a very specific one. So for yeah, work of media.
Speaker 4: I've been enjoying presumably that right, I will call I just This is a little news item that we missed.
Speaker 1: But this is from NBA sent Sentel. Wait, oh, is this gonna be fake? Never mind? I think awed jack.
Speaker 4: Did you read that the Mavericks organization announced the will band fans from wearing Luka Doncic jerseys.
Speaker 1: Oh that's funny. No, but that's sure not real.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you this is now a middle age self help podcast.
Speaker 1: Hey guys, can you help me? Is this wrong? This one's fake?
Speaker 4: I've just been enjoying this onion headline from a couple of years ago, Happy person must either be stupid or evil.
Speaker 1: That's great.
Speaker 4: I think is really good for the moment. And then the body of the article there's a twist at the end.
Speaker 1: He just got some.
Speaker 4: Ketamine and that's why he's happy. He's clarified that he will be unhappy again later. There's a third option, that's right. Uh. You can find me on Twitter at jack underscorel Brian. You can find me on Blue Sky at jack Obi the number one on Blue Sky.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 4: You can find us on Twitter at Daily Zeitgeist. We're at the Daily Zeitgeist on Instagram.
Speaker 1: We have a Facebook fan page at a website dailyzeiguys dot com.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 4: You can go to the episode wherever you're listening to this and check out the description, and there you will find the footnotes, which is where we link off to the information that we.
Speaker 1: Talked about in today's episode.
Speaker 4: We also loick off to a song that we think you might enjoy. When Miles is out, super producer Justin comes through with the recommendation, super Producer Justin, is there a song that you think people might enjoy?
Speaker 6: Yeah, So I found the song on SoundCloud the other day and after our recording yesterday, Miles and Bay and I just stayed behind and jammed out to this. And this is a re edit of a popular song system of a Down's Chop Suey, but it's reimagined as a Jersey club style dance track. And that description might turn off some of you, but I promise missing out. It's it's so fun you.
Speaker 4: Whoever that turns off, I don't want you to listen to this podcast.
Speaker 1: It's not for you. It's not for you.
Speaker 6: I don't know how to pronounce the name of these artists because I just found out about them yesterday. But this is Chop Suey, osive O, S I V E and think pink. There's no eyes in either of those words. And this is their re edit.
Speaker 1: And you can find that song in the.
Speaker 4: Footnotes footnote Uh yeah, go find them in the footnotes after this.
Speaker 1: The Daily Zeitgeist is a production of iHeartRadio.
Speaker 4: For more podcasts from My Heart Radio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple podcast, or wherever.
Speaker 1: You listen your favorite shows. That's gonna do it for us this morning.
Speaker 4: We're back this afternoon to tell you what it's trending, and
Speaker 1: We will talk to you all that by