Speaker 1: Yeah, I guess.
Speaker 2: I'm just I have the first season stuck in my head.
Speaker 1: I think this is white people. Yeah, well there's like that. I think the whole score kind of has that whole like mouth yeah, bird, I call it bird.
Speaker 2: What we call this music is mouth bird.
Speaker 1: White guy who doesn't know music. That's like it's like mouth.
Speaker 2: Singing. Yuh yeah, yeah, I guess that is like, you know, like pretty like a bird, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, no, I don't.
Speaker 2: Did you see that French girl trying to pronounce burger belle gale.
Speaker 1: Oh, that that's an old clips, like you come there, you can guess she's bail Gale, be gear ber gear biger. It's like so.
Speaker 2: Snoomid and it stop saying bail Gale all weekend.
Speaker 1: That clip operates on the same viral like sort of engine as Hoctua, but on the more innocent side of the spectrum. It's like cute girl doing a thing and dude, the way she tried to say metode.
Speaker 2: I don't need her to be cute and anyway, I just need that.
Speaker 1: I don't know how to react everything the binary.
Speaker 2: Why am I watching this? Dude's everything's not cute? Bro ship.
Speaker 1: It's into two columns. Should I want to fuck? And should I don't want to fuck? Because it's so fucking sick?
Speaker 2: Right right, it's just tight. Hello the Internet, and welcome to this episode of Guys the Edition Bear gear bel Gale Biller Dear, I could really go for a bail Gel.
Speaker 1: You come there, you combeil. She should have just hit that ship like Laria Baldwin. Yo. Right, my friend was saying that Baldwin's show it starts to humanize Alec Baldwin.
Speaker 2: Wait, he has reality show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's called The Baldwins. I was with somebody like, sorry, I gotta get back. I gotta I gotta watch the Baldwins. I'm watching that ship. I'm like, how fucked up is it? Loudia. They're like, yo, she's They're like, you feel bad for Alec Baldwan because of her watching the show, although the show is completely meant to be you know, rehab because of the rust shooting. Anyway, just in aside, because the word cucumbert came up to combail anyway, go go google burger French pronunciation if you don't know what we're talking about. There's so many versions of people and if that game is so funny, like it's funny when you see people trying like fruit for the pronunciations like rether, like just anything. Anyway, this makes sense to I'm sure everybody.
Speaker 2: Uh my name is Jack. That over there's Miles. Is the episode where we did I say, did I get those right? Did I say I'm jacking your miles? Or did I get them backwards? That's impossible to say. This is the episode where we let you, guys get to know us a little bit better while telling you what was trending over the weekend. First, uh, we open up with a little overrated, a little underrated, Miles. You want to start us off with a something you think is overrated?
Speaker 1: Overrated is overra fucking just deboned chicken that you buy at the store. Stop stop stop it. I feel like Michael Jordan, Okay, as I as I've become really into unit pricing when I go to the grocery store and you know, you really look and you're like, damn, bro, I'm paying a premium for that, like for things to be sectioned butchered, de bub or whatever. And I had to really I had to really think, like I'm looking at a lot of Japanese recipes, like because I cook a ton, and so much of this stuff is sort of built around the way people used to do things, Like you had a whole chicken that you bought, so you would have bones to make a stock, you would have skin to render the fat out to make your other shit even more tasty, rather than like just buying a chicken breast. So I've been buying like, at times a full unbuchered chicken. Other times sections like because I love making chicken thighs, but I need to have that fucking skin on, and you're you're not paying, like when you'd only sell boneless, skinless chicken thighs, So I buy the fucking regular legs, and I fucking I just butcher that shit.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean again, is the first part of your recipe raise a chicken to maturity? Like?
Speaker 1: Is that? It is?
Speaker 2: That? How is what raise a chicken to maturity? Is like step one of the recipe?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, exactly right, three children time your three children's berths to line up with the harvests is step two. But like no, but in that sense, like buying a chicken, a there's like there's so many benefits, it's cheaper. I know not everyone has the time, but it's like one of those things with repetition, you get better, you get faster, you begin to understand the things you work with better, and you have I don't know, I just have more ideas. So also when I look at how much more it costs, I'm like, oh, I'm also saving a ton of money by not buying, like like if you want a thigh by like a by like the quarters and you get all this other shit.
Speaker 2: Just got to do a little little.
Speaker 1: Bit of knife fork. It ain't crazy, it's not crazy, and then you can make stocks and shit. So just looking at that.
Speaker 2: I will butcher that shit in the colloaqu wheel sense in all, I.
Speaker 1: Would love to see you try and deepoat like chicken.
Speaker 2: Yeah I have it is not gone. Well, I'm just like leave the bone on the bone, fine, And I get it.
Speaker 1: It's it's a thing unless if you like the process, I can't recommend it enough. And also when you think about how much more you're paying, it's like a little bit like a fuck, this is actually a better deal.
Speaker 2: Yeah nice? All right? Overrated for me is my morning routine. Apparently, have you seen the fitness influencer who's like going by his morning past.
Speaker 1: Black dude who welcome at four am, Yes.
Speaker 2: Who wakes up at three, like twenty eight in the morning. Fake his morning routine that is involves multiple ice baths like just he has like bottle service constantly for Sarah Sarah Toga spring.
Speaker 1: This is going in the video episode. We're gonna have to We're gonna have to frame by frame this one because the wild like he's got the mouth tape plus nose, Like when he wakes up, he wakes up with his mouth with tape on his mouth, so much ice water face.
Speaker 2: So many face dunks, which I might have to start doing that. That's kind of fun, sir.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry. This is like one of those things when like white people do this and they're like, I'm it's all because I drink this collagen milkshake in the marking, Like, bro, this is your genetics. It's not because you're freezing your fucking face in ice water. Right, Sorry, stop acting like that's why you have no wrinkles.
Speaker 2: There's one great moment where he jumps into a pool, like so each each thing is like three twenty eight, wake up, three thirty, take the mouth tape off, you know, three forty three first bottle of Saratoga's Brainwater. There's one point where he jumps into like it shows him jump in slow motion into a dive over a like hotel pool that is way too small for him to be diving like this into.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then cut to like like five minutes later, and it's like him going into the water. The leap has taken five minutes. It's pretty impressive. Yeah, but yeah, I don't know, man, this this caused me to re evaluate my morning routine, and I think I'm pretty sure it sucks shit my morning routine. Like I I wake up and fight a like forty five minute to one hour battle with coziness where like I don't want to get out of my cozy bed, Like I wait, I wake up early, like my body wakes me up, and I'm just like, so I like stay in bed until I can no longer justify being in.
Speaker 1: Bed eyes and pretend sleep.
Speaker 2: I do pretend, And then my kids usually come in and want to snuggle, and so I snuggle with them and.
Speaker 1: And then you're like, well I'm snuggling. I mean like this, then why this.
Speaker 2: Is this is going to pay off years from now. This is skin to skin. They're eight and six and then uh yeah, so until I can no longer justify being in bed. I then I get up and then like immediately get into a warm shower and like fight another battle with like getting out of the warm, wonderful shower into the cold, cruel warning air. You know, I don't I have coffee in the morning. I don't really eat much in the morning. He like has a prepared everything's being prepared for him off camera, and it's just like handed to him, including his bottled water a lot of times. And one of his things is he eats a banana and then rubs it on his face.
Speaker 1: Skin careful. I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't consume anything and rub any any of its byproducts on my face, Like.
Speaker 1: I'll eed some greasy shit and then I'm like wiping it all over my cheeks right at my wrist.
Speaker 2: And that's why you look so good.
Speaker 1: That's my secret. That's why I have this nice band of tight skin along my mouth where I rubbed food grease. Yeah.
Speaker 2: That one takeaway is I'm going to uh start consuming three gallons of Saratoga spring water every morning before eight o'clock and uh, and and shaping my mouth closed like I'm in a hostage situation.
Speaker 1: Like and also you have you have this weird purple accent lighting all the time?
Speaker 2: I do? Do you always have, always have bisexual lighting as it's been got sexual lighting? Yeah, yeah, I gotta have that or.
Speaker 1: Else it's nothing, or else you're not. You have to be euphoria adjacent.
Speaker 2: So much journaling is happening on his end.
Speaker 1: What about these guys? Are he like journals and then like reflects on the.
Speaker 2: Journal, reflect on the journal five minutes later, shut.
Speaker 1: The fuck because this guy's a life gurg. He's like a life coach that's like a philosopher month and former Alkhorn State University football player.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, if if this is all it takes, he does push ups out on like a balcony overlooking the city. Yeah, kind of takes some time to reminisce about how he runs this town. And then yeah, it's just being driven everywhere. Uh, it's a it's a wild video. If you haven't seen it, highly recommend grow bullshit.
Speaker 1: But yeah, well we're gonna have to break this down.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'll have to break it down.
Speaker 1: It's too it's too absurd, and like I think, just speaks to everything that's wrong with us.
Speaker 2: Yeah or right, Yeah, it speaks to everything that's wrong with me because I'm not doing this shit and that's me fucking.
Speaker 1: Up and that's but that's what this fucking content is meant to do to people, you know what I mean. It's meant to preserve this idea that we are not capable enough as we are to do things like we have to we have to achieve this other level of existence to do even like the most basic things like function. Oh yeah, I'm unhappy because I don't get up at three thirty in the morning and do push ups.
Speaker 2: Like that's right, Okay, I don't know about at night.
Speaker 1: You know what, Jack, maybe this maybe this next week we should once we look at the video, we should attempt to do this. Yeah, and then see But then you're missing the part where you lose it on your kids because you're so under you're not tied, and I'm so fucking tired, and you have the wherewithal to even be patient as No, let's try fall asleep.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's no way I could get out about it three twenty eight for anything other than like I don't know, an alarm going.
Speaker 1: Literally, yeah, it would have to be like an evacuation order because my house is burning down.
Speaker 2: I mean, I wasn't gonna say anything, but that's really what it would take. And even then I might just be like, m mmm, not this time.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Pretty cozy, pretty cozy in here.
Speaker 2: What is something, Miles do you think is underrated?
Speaker 1: Okay? I'm just all of my own my over unders all based on like thinking about tariffs, thinking about food prices, thinking about the future.
Speaker 2: Miles is in his food era.
Speaker 1: I'm in my food bag. I'm in my grocery bag, if you will. Another thing, though, too, is without realizing and this is the This is why I'd say it's underrated, how easily we get produce and making us think that we live in a year like a world of year round harvests where it's like there's always blueberries, there's always blah blah blah. And then I'm like, isn't this shit season, like like wondering because I was Yoder a few months ago. I'm like where the fuck? I'm like, is there a blueberry shortage? Something's going on? And then I'm like, they're not in fucking season asshole, that's why. But you're out here because you're used to seeing them all the time. You think they are fucking they are just ready to eat year round. No, they are coming from abroad. That's why we have these things. So that's another. And then I'm like, why is it so expensive? And then you realize, oh, I'm buying out of seasoned fruit, and then in my mind sort of forcing it to be like this is normal, this is normal. So I think it's really underrated how that thinking can take over us. And now I'm very much into thinking about seasonal fruits and understanding why because like, because dude, the farmer's market. You know how much a fucking Fuji apple cost at the farmers market yesterday?
Speaker 2: Right now?
Speaker 1: One fucking farmers market apple?
Speaker 2: Hi? I mean how much could an apple cost? Miles? How much? Seven dollars the most I think I would pay for on Apple on probably like a dollar two dollars for a Fuji apple for not even like the best it was.
Speaker 1: I mean, the ship was sweet as fun. I mean like when I was like, oh are you Fuji? Are you Fujika? Big foods big foods fan, not a big Apple fan, generally, so I don't I don't claim to have one I eat Fuji because I think that's just like some misplaced like Japanese ship.
Speaker 2: There was a no all right, So I am going to give you one spoiler for White Lotus because I'm caught up and you are still.
Speaker 1: Just the way the one brother was looking at the other I saw the first episode. I said with.
Speaker 2: Them, one spoiler is there's a part where a character is eating a red delicious apple, just a giant, red delicious apple. That was violence. I was like, what what is this? Like people pay attention to, like the ship that they consume. They're like, what what's this character reading? What's this character's eating what appears to be just a giant red delicious apple, look like what delicious and every other apple.
Speaker 1: It's the subtext, Jack, that's the subtext. But then you but then then I'm talking to I'm like, damn, shit's expensive. It's like, yeah, it's just kind of it is what it is. And I'm trying to go direct, you know what I mean, like cut out the middleman and buy from a farm. But then also like there's levels to that ship too, because someone who's pulling up at a farmer's market in certain parts of LA. Like they're already being foolish with their prices.
Speaker 2: So I might go two dollars for honey crisp, not even honey crisp. I don't think i'd even do two dollars for maybe like cosmic crisp, or like a really good like.
Speaker 1: What's that one that's like super like engineered to be sweet?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we were talking about one or whatever. Yeah, something like one that's like almost too sweet. Like if shit comes in a box, then fine, right, you know what I mean. But like if I'm just doing some noosy shit like Turn of the Century in New York, just grabbing it off the apple cut, yeah, and then being chased around by a guy with a broom.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I'm polishing it on that I keep throwing it off my elbow, Like.
Speaker 2: That's my underrate, is popping up apples off your elbow, having it fly.
Speaker 1: Causing a car wreck.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: Because of this, I thought peaches were bad, Like I was so ignorant of like I just stopped paying attention to what is in season what isn't, And for a long part of my life, I was like, peaches suck. Man, like I haven't had a good peach in a long time. I guess maybe peaches were just always bad and I was wrong. And then I started realizing that peaches are in season at the end of the summer basically like July, like August is like peach season, and that those peaches are so fucking good. Yeah, so much better than the shit I'm gonna get like right now.
Speaker 1: But it's like one of those things, right, It's like as kids we ate what was in season. Like my mom was never bringing a watermelon home in December, right, that just wasn't. I wasn't eating peaches like And then when I really think about it, I'm like, oh, yeah, that's like peaches, that's summertime. Those are summer fruits, and then these are like more winter things or whatever. Anyway, go on, what were you saying?
Speaker 2: I was saying to my underrated in addition to popping apples off your elbows, just like how much COVID broke us. I've just I've like just encountered in the wild in the past like ply week and a half, I've encountered multiple people just waxing philosophical about like COVID vaccines being like like it settled science that all everything that we did, uh save the save people from the COVID pandemic being worse was like pointless and useless and Jesus like multiple people would being like, yeah, change my daughter's menstrual cycle. Change change your menstrual cycle, dude, Like it's it's killed my.
Speaker 1: Friend all right, man, Like I'm just like, can I just get three of those Gala apples for real?
Speaker 2: Like all right. So the most the wildest one I was. I took our cub scout den yesterday to a rocket launch where they got to like launch rockets. It was like this little hobbyist group.
Speaker 1: At like rockets exactly, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: And so there are but there are also like people launching huge rockets and like try like timing how long they were up there, like trying to like qualify for some world competition and stuff. So we saw like some awesome rocket launches, and then there was just this guy on the mic who did like tight five. He was like, guys, line up over by that cord there, don't worry. You don't have to stand twenty feet apart from each other. Social distancing. But not that that did a thing nor did the paper, masks, I'm a man of science. Those of us who are scientists, come talk to us, will tell you that none of that mattered.
Speaker 1: He evoked, man of science.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's a man of science, so he knows that, you know, as a rocket hobbyist that masks don't don't do that.
Speaker 1: What's your degree? Didn't go? But I love these rockets, man.
Speaker 2: Right, I'm just I consider I like science. Man.
Speaker 1: I never put three D engine rocket engines together and launch him at once. Oh man, that's fun.
Speaker 2: There's this one podcast that where like this kid basically talks to his mega parents and the kids like it's it's not I don't know, they like they I feel like they don't have the best counters all the time. But it is like a the kids don't have like reencounters that I would necessarily go with, but they, you know, the parents like just at one point like swear up and down that someone they know like got the vaccine and it killed him, and there's like none the kids don't really even like push back on that one. It's just like they're like.
Speaker 1: All right, all right, yeah, yeah that's that's facts.
Speaker 2: I don't know. It just feels like it's like we just like lost a whole chunk of the country who is now just like on some do your own research, can't trust doctors or scientists should well and probably pretty dangerous.
Speaker 1: It's sort of that whole that take is getting more and more mainstream because of this administration too. So yeah, it's natural that for people who were like maybe like sort of on the not necessarily on the fence, maybe didn't know enough either way, but maybe we're just like I just don't.
Speaker 2: Like that we have to be like be told what to do, right.
Speaker 1: That they're not fully becoming anti stands, but they're like, okay, so if this is like the overarch, this is sort of like the dominant narrative, I'm just gonna yeah, yeah, exactly exactly. It was all fucking that was bullshit.
Speaker 2: It feels like the one place that the or at least the first place that the people who felt emboldened by Trump's election win feel like they can be like, yeah, that's right, we're you know, spike the football a little bit. So I don't know, and it's tough, Like we knew something weird was coming, like we talked about during the pandemic, like in past pandemics past, like plague outbreaks, like you always see weird shifts in people's relationship to both science and religion, and like they were like you know, during the Black Death, there were like roving bands of people who would just like come to your town and whip themselves and like that was that was like culture back then. So like we knew there was going to be some big destabilizing thing that rolled down off of this onto all of us. But I just I feel like the there's a lot of quote unquote men of science out there who are very confident that they have the political capital to just like now tell us that like the ship that they heard on Joe Rogan is like fact, you know.
Speaker 1: It's just yeah, it's just it's just wild that evolution that a lot of these guys went from the bud light real men of genius and now are the men of science. I think it's the same tree.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they used to be like I don't know shit, man, like that's you know, and now they're like, uh, actually I know better than my doctor, so fuck yourself.
Speaker 1: Yep. That's empowering. That must be empowering, dude, if to be that omnipotent and omniscient. Good lord man, shout out to you man to be fully in control.
Speaker 2: All right, let's uh, let's take a quick break and we'll be right back. And we're back. We're back. And how the Democrats doing.
Speaker 1: The soul searching man, soul searching? You know? Good, It's wild.
Speaker 2: I love that for them talking to some boomer family members who.
Speaker 1: Are typically like big D Big D style with it, We're like, they're fucking done. Like the anger I'm seeing is interesting, is very interesting, just anecdotally that I've seen from people who like would never question the Democratic Party are now so pissed, which is very interesting. I thought that was I thought that was just a little factoid I've noticed over conversations with family over the weekend a head.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's truly like we they are like the in polling, they are as low as they've ever been, Like the Democratic Party is like and I can't imagine like the Republican Party's ever been this low either, Like they're just completely fucked.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I think it's like it's like the party thing. I don't it's not working as a distraction anymore, I think, guys. But anyway, so over the weekend The Bernie and AOC Fighting Oligarchy Tour hit Denver and drew a crowd of around thirty thousand people. According to their estimates. It looked like a pretty huge crowd and the message, I guess, seems to be hitting, you know, like how like oligarchy is like bad, which I'm pretty sure it's true. I'm pretty sure it's true from what I'm seeing, but I don't know. But it's thirty thousand people all agree, but yeah, like it is. It is wild to see this amount of people like that. Clearly there's this is where the energy is at. If they are curious, it's not over Chuck Schumer being like why will help the Republicans defeat themselves by co signing their agenda. No, that's not what's working. It's all gonna fall apart. It's gonna fall apart on them, guys, and we'll just pick up the the Schumer Carville ticket. Well, you just gotta sit back and wait for them to implode. Those are the type of people. And I'm not trying to be like derogatory, like toxic masculine, but like in a thing like they get there, you get your partner stolen, you know, what I mean, and you go, yeah, I don't want to play into their hands by like fighting for the love of my life or something. I'm just gonna I'm just gonna let she'll figure it out. That's like that. But you know what I mean, like this idea that you don't have to fight for something that matters, and somehow that's actually the four D chess move it fucking is it not? When you're back to the fucking wall, you have nothing left anyway, So we all know crowd sizes are a huge indicator of genital size, So naturally the freaks on Twitter started doing conspiracy about that your girl stole, get your shake stolen, and you better with thirty thousand people or we know, we know it ain't popping like that, but no, like like the obsession, you know, because Trump is obsessed with it, and you can see like, because this is what happened. Elon Musk was co signing the stupid ass conspiracy tweet that someone posted a quote. Despite claims of thirty four thousand attendees, GPS data analysis reveals the real number was closer to twenty thousand, still big but not record breaking. Okay, more revealing a whopping eighty four percent of those devices had shown up at nine or more other protests, including ANTIFA BLM events, pro Hamas and pro Palestinian demonstrations, and Kamala Harris campaign stops. And then Musk replied, the Dems just move around the same group of paid protesters. Uh huh yeah yeah. So then I'm like, but then everyone's like, where's that data from? What are you talking about? And the guys like, nah, you're not gonna get me, just like the just like when Mayor Booty Head came to Long Island and said, I have eighteen hundred signatures. You can't see him can see them, but I have the data. But also like it's just so it's so pedantic to not even be like it wasn't thirty four thousand, it was three thousand, Be like, who wasn't thirty four? Is like twenty still pretty fucking huge?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I mean there seems to be a lot of energy all over the country for these rallies, like where no matter where they go. Yeah, the travel budget for these paid protesters, I know, like I know, just moving them around. I mean, sorrow is deep pockets of sorows.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean Look, this is It's so funny because that's it's exactly what Musk does too, Like it's always just projection where it's like it's George Sorow's paying people. It's like, Elon Musk, you are offering Wisconsin voters one hundred dollars to sign a fucking petition, and was like, you're bread. That's literally what you do, so we get it. That's you're just calling yourself.
Speaker 2: So it might work to sign a petition. I don't know that it works to like get them to fly to a new city.
Speaker 1: Bro, that's a gig, right, you know what I mean? Yeah, Jack, Jack and I don't even get paid for appearances and Antifa George Sorow's things. We do it for the love of George Soros.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we just like Soros a cool guy.
Speaker 1: It's like, sure, I'd imagine people who are politically engaged enough right now may have also been to other events even if that is true. And then I'm also like, what fucking weird data sweeping technology? Do you have to be able to instantly be like yes, and these phones were here and here and here. It's like what you're either telling on yourself for like some weird ass invasive balance that you have, or you're just doing a thing where you're pretending you can see all this stuff. Either way alarming.
Speaker 2: But the people he has to impress and who he has to convince he has that ability are on a uh wow, everything's computer level of understanding technology. So he can say, fucking he can say anything he wants. How you do that? I turned off, I turned off his laptop. I come back five five days later, he's on the laptop.
Speaker 1: Shut the fuck up anyway.
Speaker 2: So for anybody who missed, was that the last trending episode?
Speaker 1: Maybe yeah, I'll have to just put that on.
Speaker 2: We just have to keep playing.
Speaker 1: I don't want to put that on the soundboard.
Speaker 2: But Trump was talking about Baron and how he's like amazing, like he's basically a hacker according to Donald Trump, And the way that he was able to back that up is that he said that he told him to turn his laptop off, and five minutes later he found him with his laptop open again, and he said, how you doing?
Speaker 1: Fuck you dad, That's probably what he said anyway. So all of this is just like we have a like you know that there's a lot of soul searching trying to figure out where the where where the pendulum is going to swing in terms of influence within the Democratic Party. It seems like the energy is on the progressive side. But these rallies I think still maybe an outlier when it comes to like sort of the broad spectrum of what the Democratic Party represents, because there's a there's like more polling where people tram like, okay, so like Democrats like who would you want to run for president again? And a huge majority said Kamala Like it wasn't even close like that, It's still.
Speaker 2: There and those early polls like that are pretty uh name recognition based.
Speaker 1: No I get that, but I'm just saying like, that's but that that is just where that's where we are still. That is where we are still. I don't think enough people have been like absolutely not. That was a disaster. And I'm sure people have their thinking, they're like, well, if maybe she wasn't beholden to what the DNC told her to do, it could go one way. If she ran her own campaign, what would that have looked like? But then it's hurts her. Then Pete Boudhajig, then AOC and Tim Walls tied then Mark fuck In.
Speaker 2: Cuban after that, I think it would be that. Yeah, so Mark Cuban name name recognition. He's just a reality show guy, just like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but he's But I think it's also because he he speaks up when advantageous about like hating Trump. And then also he's like, I'm trying to make the medications cheaper for you.
Speaker 2: Guys can't be pushed around, Mark Bionaire mm hmm, I mean Jesus Christ.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I think this next year will be very interesting, like because the different factions in the party are and the donors are going to fight over the brand. I think the larger question is is the brand dead?
Speaker 2: Oh no, no, no, no.
Speaker 1: No, yeah, you know what I mean, because like AOC and like Bernie right, Like Bernie could even get people that were thinking of voting for Trump because to them he represented something that was outside of the Democratic Party And in the second you put that label of like I'm running as a Democrat, there's not there's no pivoting to this. There's no amount of pivoting to the center you can do that will court those people, because the label just stops people dead in their tracks. And if clearly that if you want something new to emerge that's rep indicative of something different, it can't be under this.
Speaker 2: Brand and whose brand is like anti Democratic Party but they are officially part of the Democratic Party because there's just like no like the liberals will be like okay, yeah, and also like just all the entrenched like power structures and stuff like they're not gonna we saw what happens if you don't have the Democratic Party signing on.
Speaker 1: But then what is the fucking That's that's the thing is like the what how formidable is the establishment still when you have like a bunch of ailing, aging people at the top where the thinking is stale. I'm just saying there's a lot of a lots in flux that I'm not sure that the same things are going to keep happening. But I don't know. That's that's sort of an optimistic take.
Speaker 2: For me, to be honest, this would be like, yeah, I just feel I feel like their strategy right now is like we're just gonna rope a dope and then you just like never start fighting back.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: There's that famous like Muhammad Ali, like for people who aren't sports fans, there's a famous story where Muhammad Ali like fought George Foreman, r I p and let him tire himself out, just like punching him and like kind of avoiding and just uh, you know, weaving and then like in the eighth round, y to like knock him out. That's called the rope adope. And I feel like, I wonder how many box there's like that one successful example. I wonder how many times people were like, I'm gonna rope a dope him and then just like got knocked out in the fourth round, which I.
Speaker 1: Don't think we'd ever know.
Speaker 2: You'd never know, you know, that's the thing, because you forgot that was my strategy.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, y'all should have seen much.
Speaker 2: Strategy was to get punched a bunch.
Speaker 1: Of That's exactly what Chuck Schumer did with.
Speaker 2: This, exactly. That's what it feels like.
Speaker 1: He said, He's.
Speaker 3: Like, I thought the Republicans were going to clean house on their own.
Speaker 2: And he why did do you think that?
Speaker 1: Because you are not ready for this shit. You You are.
Speaker 3: The kind of guy like that dude in my high school who got his chain snatched at a party and then they came up to him and they said, we'll give it back to you for forty dollars, and you bought it when you.
Speaker 1: Had everybody in that party would have had your back.
Speaker 3: These kids were from another school and you and then you kept quiet about it, and everybody, Yo, what happened? And they explained it and everyone's like, yo what and they were gone.
Speaker 1: And you could have been like trying to take by Jane. Everybody like, yo, what's what? What's what? The no? This is Chuck Schumer got his chain snatched and bought it back for forty dollars by the Republicans. That's what happened. Could have raised your voice, could have raised your voice, people would have done something.
Speaker 2: But now now I don't. I don't want like we want to see where they're going. Seemed like a fair deal, that does get.
Speaker 1: It's just gonna play into their hands.
Speaker 2: I just want a square deal here, my god. Yeah, it's just gonna Yeah. He's definitely not the right person to be in charge.
Speaker 1: And then you got people like John Fetterman continuing to just fucking reveal how much of a fucking wasteful he is, Like, y'all, this ain't it.
Speaker 2: I do have good news. Joe Biden is available if needed exactly. Please been meeting with the DNC offering to fundraise. I mean, that's that's the party's biggest problem right now, lack of Biden. Joe Biden is also quote prepared to campaign and raise money for fellow Democrats, and both of them are working on new books instead of simply going away forever. Yeah. Serving in the capacities that she served is an honor and it comes with responsibilities to the party, and she's prepared to help in any way she can. I mean that is like that's just again clinging to this old model where like it's just enough, it's enough to just have the Democrats just.
Speaker 1: March out this decrepit monkey skeleton as they described Mister Burns and the Simpsons in an early season of that show, and have people throw dollars at it. Yeah. That'll yeah, Yeah, that's the plan.
Speaker 2: They have a good rule of thumb of like how to judge if Biden is the guy to help the party out of this existential malaise, that is probably going to kill it in any recognizable form. Jane Kleeb, a vice chair of the DNC, said in an interview, if you were to call any state party chair and ask them if they wanted Joe Biden to be a keynote speaker for their annual dinner, the answer would be yes. He is beloved by the party and beloved by the vote. Wait a second, he was trailing the performance of Kamala Harris, who got beat in the election by like ten points.
Speaker 1: Self preservation baby, hm hmmm. Of course the vice chair of the DNC is going to suggest that because they should have cleaned house and they didn't. No, they they all promoted people internally, like they did not take a fucking second to be like, do we maybe get someone other people who have a different perspective on how this can go better? It's like nope, nope.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, no, no. Yeah. Another major Biden supporter said, who's gonna want Joe Biden back in the game, speaking on the condition of anonymity, So, uh, that's wild, h shit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it is what it is, folks. It's just guys, just just look at where the energy's at.
Speaker 2: Nah, that the energy is misleading miles. The the real thing that we should be paying attention to is who's getting punched and like pushed around the most because they are probably ropidoping in that war.
Speaker 1: Who's willing to get knocked the fuck out with their hands down the whole fight.
Speaker 2: I think people will respect that. Thank you.
Speaker 1: If you know one thing about America, it's we love a weak willed non fighter for always do they rally by that's always. That's America at its core. What the fuck are y'all talking about.
Speaker 2: Let's take a quick break, We'll be right back, and we're back. We're back And it was revealed over the weekend. So Severance's second season came to an end last week. I am not I watched the first episode of season two and have not have not been up on it yet, but I'll probably keep watching it. I did really enjoy see them show not any good weird sex stuff as far as I But that's the thing. Like season one was pretty like tame, but then it seemed like everybody got real horny for season two. I wasn't total.
Speaker 1: That's alright, it's a little bit hornier this next season.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, But anyways, Apple TV's most watched series ever was renewed for a third season, but around the same time. The day that the finale came out, a report was released outlining how unprofitable the streaming network is Apple Plus. Reportedly it is losing them more than one billion dollars per year, billion dollars per year. They're spending four point five billion on content annually, which is down from five billion in past years. And yeah, it has about forty five million subscribers at this point.
Speaker 1: But wow, is that that's a good No? I feel like this is bad. Miles out in this town. You're you're a billion dollar loser annually. They typically shudder things pretty quickly. I know.
Speaker 2: That's the thing. Like people people are like, yeah, Apple can just eat it, but I mean they could. They could, They technically could for sure. Like so, uh in twenty twenty four, they generated three hundred and ninety one billion dollars in revenue and posted a net profit of ninety three point seven billion. Could have been ninety four point seven if it weren't for the streamer service though.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean true Wall Street will have an eye on that. Yeah, and like could have been ninety four point seven billion. You give me Jesus Christ.
Speaker 2: Like the whole model for Apple Plus has never fully made like that. They don't market it like any other content platform does. I mean, both doll and Amazon both like I think Amazon tries, it's just like, yeah, they.
Speaker 1: Just suck at it. They're just fucking there. They're so players over there.
Speaker 2: Apple Plus, like, I don't know, I guess I definitely heard a lot about seven season two. I think largely because it was like viral and a lot of people were watching it.
Speaker 1: But I heard about it more because Arsenal fans. Notice there's an Arsenal fan in that writer's room, because so many characters have these names of people on the team that are so specifically, and they're like, yeah, there was like in one of the last episodes, there was like a conductor I guess character and his name was Bukyo and that's like one of our star players, bu Kyosaka. And there's like talk of like Arteta, who's our manager. Like there's like all these someone's like just look at all this shit. There's like some fan is fucking running reckless in this room with all these Easter eggs. But that's but again, I only know about it because either if I buy like a fucking new anything Apple, They're like, hey, you want to fucking do you want to hear free? But the thing I'm like, so do people pay for it? Or can you just like you buy something, they just keep giving it to you.
Speaker 2: The model like doesn't really make sense. Like the other thing that people point to is like, well they're all the characters are you know, Ted Lasso is constantly tethered tethering emotional moments to iPhones and iPads where he's like, you know, away from his kids, and so they have like emotional like FaceTime conversations, but nobody's actually buying iPhones for that reason, Like I can't.
Speaker 1: They've already achieved ubiquity with that kind of stuff. Yeah, so we already call it face timing, even if it isn't right, you know, so I don't you've you've already ticked that box.
Speaker 2: There's still it doesn't stop them from trying. Across seventy four Apple TV plus episodes, characters handled some three hundred iPhones, one hundred and twenty MacBooks, and forty pairs of AirPods. So seventy four episodes. That's not like across seventy four shows across the entirety, seventy four episodes that they made of television, three hundred iPhones, one hundred and twenty MacBooks, and forty pairs of AirPods.
Speaker 1: And a partridge in a par tree.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Severance is the one, like you can't really have Apple in that showing up in because the weird like sci fi universe that like where the company is evil. Jam has a theory though, our writer J M McNab has a theory that the way that Severance works is that the show's cartoonishly evil tech company makes them look better by comparison.
Speaker 1: I mean he's like, you.
Speaker 2: Know, make it, make it a borg situation, and then we look good on the other At least we're not forcing our employees to get experimental brain surgery yet, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're like, and did you have uh Octavia Spencer played God for from Other Nature.
Speaker 2: They were pretty woke. Yeah, we had Octavia's bet their play God, thank you, and we got Tim a ton of acting lessons to prepare for that. My prediction would be that this streaming service won't be around like well, like so people are talking about how they just renewed for season three. I would guess also season three comes out somewhere else, but.
Speaker 1: They also have the MLS contract, like you can watch everything on the MLS there. I don't know, I mean they're getting in deeper. Indeed, I don't know. I mean, like this is this should always happens, where like they lay out, look at what happened to Hollywood, y'all, then the streaming industry and how it's basically turned. It's like LA's dying now because of this shit. So you know what, I don't count out that this could end completely.
Speaker 2: Disastrous, could end disastrously. It's just like I don't like Prime at least makes sense in the sense that like it's bundled with their main business.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it's a rink, great drink too, great beverage, our favorite.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm always tetop Prime. Yeah, but I've never I've like, not only have I never heard anyone say that they like got an iPhone because they wanted to like watch a show on Apple Plus. But like I can't even like conceive of that person existing like even once you know.
Speaker 1: No, And I mean, if we're being honest, most people buy iPhones because because it's so ubiquitous and it almost feels like outside of the norm, right where like because we have green bubble shaming. Still, I was like in it, it's like I think it is generational because a lot of people talk about just how like washed a discussion is. But like I was in a thread of people where like that was kind of brought up in a semi serious way of like, well, if there's gonna be green bubbles, we can maybe use like a different app And I was.
Speaker 2: Like, Jesus Christ, Yeah, there's no green bubble.
Speaker 1: Talking about nonsense over here.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And finally, in a kind of made up news story, snow White didn't do that well because of Wokeness forty three million at the domestic box office, totally because of a rejection of Wokeness, Thank you very much. Way to.
Speaker 1: New York Post.
Speaker 2: Yah, oh this was from the New York postpos woke flop.
Speaker 1: Snow White could see one of Disney's sleepiest opening weekends. That's that should have been for Sleeping Beauty, but anyway or whatever. She's sleeping in a coffin too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she goes to sleep too because she's, yeah, a Disney broad who can't stop herself from eating a poison apple. It's yeah, yeah, So when you actually dig into the numbers, I'm for Kevin Sorbo did tweet out the ending scene where everybody's like celebrating in the I guess this is a spoiler that things work out okay for snow White. She doesn't die of apple poisoning.
Speaker 1: They don't disappear her for being pro Palestinian.
Speaker 2: They don't do. She just repassed as gal Gado. They they He retweeted, like the celebration scene, it does look like shit. It looks looks pretty bad. And he said the Left can't make movies, which is pretty bold coming from the director and star of Left Behind, Rise of the Anti Christ. Wow.
Speaker 1: Left Behind.
Speaker 2: The poster just like has a like newscaster, you know, like the cutaways in like cheap movies where they're like, am we cut away to a shitty looking version of CNN where the person is reporting on the Rise of the Anti Christ? Like this has that that's like on the poster. It's like the bottom of the poster is like a news.
Speaker 1: On their popcorn meter. A lot of brigading. I'm sure go ahead.
Speaker 2: Left Behind, Rise of the Anti Crisis ninety seven percent. It's a fucking cinematic classic.
Speaker 1: After millions of people vanish and the world falls into chaos, a charismatic leader rises to lead the un However, his intentions are more sinister than they'd be O good. Okay, so it's about the UN and global as. Oh sure whatever, okay, Yeah, I bet he looks like Obama. There's a dude who looks like discount like Keenan. I don't know how to describe this guy. I've never outside of I've never seen this actor before, and it makes sense that he would be in this movie with Kevin soorbo.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Anyways, it's a it's a good movie, and Snow White is bad because woke and not just because it's generally shitty. Deadline overanalyzed the box office results for Snow White as over they were election results, and fifty six point five percent of attendees were in theaters located in blue counties.
Speaker 1: What go on?
Speaker 2: But the majority of theaters in the US reside in blue counties fifty three percent good, and attendance for family movies is usually around sixty percent Blue counties and forty percent Red counties. So Snow White actually performed better in Republican areas than you would have expected. Sorry, lot, Yeah, the reviews are pretty bad. It ended up at like fifty percent on Metacritic, and yeah, the people's complaints are less that like it went woke on us and more that, Like, it just seems like a soulless rehash, like the same thing that happened with every one of these live making movies that everybody knows.
Speaker 1: Here, maybe you should take a note from Netflix and do fucking snow White the reality competition show, right, start doing that.
Speaker 2: Disney sent the Spin around a woman sent her into the forest to break into the first home that she comes across, has to fight these people, whoever, yeah or what you know, win over whoever comes back to the house.
Speaker 1: I find the r like these people are in the mines bro there, They're not talking around with trespassers, that's right.
Speaker 2: But anyways, that that is the better version, that's the more updated for for modern America. This one has the problem of you know, the Lion King had people who went and saw the original one taking their kids to go and see the original one. All the people who went and saw the original snow White are dead and have been for a long time. And yeah, I don't know, Like Cinderella did better than this, but it wasn't like the massive hit that like The Lion King or The Little Mermaid were.
Speaker 1: Have that kind of social cash as old as fuck, but like Cinderella is definitely like snow White feels.
Speaker 2: It reminds like doing a remake of snow White in the modern era reminds me of like the Vince Vaughn's Psycho remake where it was big fourths time because of like what had come before it. But it's not the best of it. It's kind of like it was the first animated movie, Like that's what snow White like blue. People's fucking minds because it was just the first animated movie they'd ever seen.
Speaker 1: And then they say it then the little girl had the voice. I said, how you do that?
Speaker 2: How do you.
Speaker 1: Do that voice? Snow White? I mean yeah, there's just also even like with Cinderella that has we still talk about it in like culture like a Cinderella stories and like the Glaly snow White, you're just like I don't know the dwarves and like Apple that they went to sleep. I don't know is that mirror mirror on the wall or.
Speaker 2: Is that the other the wall.
Speaker 1: It's too many. But I mean, like we're not got the evil connected.
Speaker 2: Chuck evil queen who's in the speed skating outfit for some reason, she's got that like that really tight black.
Speaker 1: Hood right, and then I'm like, but what about Maleficent? You know what I mean. Then I'm like, yeah, beauty, it's just like there's it has too many things going against it, and again, just start empowering the people that have the ideas that are different and will bring It's like a milkshake. It will bring all the people to the art.
Speaker 2: It's it is just wild to me that they've managed to turn a movie with like very regressive politics being remade remade for like modern audiences in a way that is like soulless and like a cynical money grab into like that's that's the side of the left, Like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, well every look, they're they're hell bent on picturing every putting everything through that prism when it can just be Disney's like fucking up.
Speaker 2: Unfortunately for the people who you know, the New York Post and everybody who was all about like this is a big l for the woke, the only person who did have like recognizably progressive politics associated with this is Rachel Zigler and the Star. And apparently that is the one takeaway that everybody has is like she's she's incredible, She's a stop baby.
Speaker 1: That's the one thing I was like, I because I knew people weren't like really hating on it, but I think they're just like it was a what a shitty gig to have to take right And then also like because just like we were saying, like snow White's one of those princesses where you're like, I don't nobody gives a fuck about snow White, Like if you're ranking them that shit, that's not that.
Speaker 2: Ain't like if you look at the Lions at Disney at Disney World for like, you know, hanging with a Disney princess. I feel like snow White's coming in last right, like behind Cinderella.
Speaker 1: Bro, if you put the two of them, they would think. Know White with some kind of fucking like cosplay fan.
Speaker 2: She was in the wave.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they were like, you can't wear costumes here. I don't know if you know that. She's like, no, I'm snow I'm all right just to hear go here, want me to hold your phone to take a picture of you in Cinderella?
Speaker 2: All right, Well, those are some of the things that are trending on this Monday morning. We're back tomorrow with the whole last episode of the show.
Speaker 1: Just looking at a picture of Galgada with her like her speed skating and I just picture I'm like, she should be wearing like a do rag with a Yankee fitted on top.
Speaker 2: It's such a weird, such weird head here.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, should have made it a fucking a wave cap.
Speaker 2: All right, back to bar with a whole episode of the show. Until then, be kind to each other, be kind to yourself, get your vaccines where you still can't get your flu shot, don't do nothing about white supremacy, and we will talk to you all tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Bye bye, doctor, doctor taft.