Speaker 1: Hey everyone, I'm Devin Simone and I'm Tory Deal and this is Empty v's official Challenge Podcast, Episode two. That's right, it is the second episode of The Challenge USA two. Ooh, this episode was ki yodic, Tory, what are your thoughts?
Speaker 2: I thoughts?
Speaker 3: All right, I need advila immediately, I have Hey, I need peppedo bismo because I'm about to ship my pants. Dude, I mean give me all open up the medicine cabinet, no man, I mean listen.
Speaker 2: It was a lot to watch back. Like, it was packed. This episode was packed. There's so much to cover.
Speaker 3: We have the elimination in the beginning, that we have the challenge, that we have that deliberation, that we have another elimination, Like.
Speaker 2: It's a lot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there was totally like And first of all, I loved the elimination in the beginning, not the format of the elimination being in dginning, but I love the slam dunk. I actually thought that one was really kind of fun and interesting. And then of course Michelle wins that decides to stay with the Red team, which I feel like in the past whenever we've seen that people can switch teams. I actually feel like usually their first round or second round they do stay with the same team. I feel like they don't immediately jump ship right off that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it's still too early, you know, if you want to, like you don't know where people's cards are yet, and if you need a team, if it leaves, if you leave a team doesn't expose your hand like your team, like right, it's kind of a tricky.
Speaker 2: Spot to be in.
Speaker 3: So I think Michelle's staying with Red wasn't a bad idea. I also think that Red Team is a good team, so I feel like they you know, she'll do some damage over there. And obviously it's spicy watching her come back in the house because she just had that just you know, little argument, little.
Speaker 1: Spicy argument, so super spicy and I love by the way, when she went to the Red team, which leads into her spicy argument, she goes, I love a good red flag. Yeah, so I'm staying with the Red Team, and then we cut to her and seeing her fighting about with Amanda over BEESSI hilarious. Couldn't have written that if we tried, And then we have the next challenge you work in the polls, which looked also hilarious, so much commentary. Red Team just annihilate. They were terrible, just terrible.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm not gonna sit here and say, uh, and you weren't bad because I was trash, Like I was so bad. I was so nervous, Like it's so interesting.
Speaker 3: Sometimes you as a competitor, I'll get hit with nerves and sometimes I'll feel absolutely nothing.
Speaker 2: I couldn't have been more nervous for the shoddy.
Speaker 1: Were you nervous about this one?
Speaker 2: I think it was because there was a lot of people.
Speaker 3: I like, typically I'm not good at hides over water, Like I just know that I'm a land animal.
Speaker 2: I'm not an air animal. I'm not a water animal. So like, okay, you guys going into it. I think there.
Speaker 3: And I also, I'm the only girl on my team that is a vet with experience. Like on Red Team, for example, you have John Ay and then you also have oh, I guess Alyssa Lopez was also But anyway, I feel like, you know, a lot of them looked up to me, so I felt a lot.
Speaker 1: Of pressure pressure. Yeah, and shout out by the way to Amanda and to Desi. DESI went twice okay and got it done. Amanda was the first one on the Green Team to get over there. Like Green Team. It was weird that there was such a discrepancy between like the struggle bus that was Red Team, the struggle bus that was Blue even though they got some people on and then Green Team basically almost got their whole team on board, which is wild.
Speaker 3: It was in that moment when I realized the deal we cut with Josh the week before a target was.
Speaker 1: I'm like, exactly, it's at age twelve, Josh, and when that's where she knew she in that moment, I'm.
Speaker 2: Not kidding Ice. I talked.
Speaker 3: I pitched Red Team to my team so hard and was like, oh gosh, yeah, you.
Speaker 1: Know, yeah, but you win some, you lose some. In this case, you lost some and you got voted in because they both and poor Wes tried tried West And by the way, I love the West Nanas. I love this little like camaraderie, love hate. I think it's really cute. I love it. It is great.
Speaker 2: It is special, especially watching them together.
Speaker 3: They're so salt and pepper, like they're so different, they couldn't be more different, but like they're family.
Speaker 1: It's like you said, you know, yeah, and then they're both like hilarious and very smart and yeah, I just their energy and it was really cute. Wes really tried tried to save you guys, did not work. So you guys are voted in, and then the Hopper select John Ay because there were five votes for Johnnay, which is also wild. So then we have you versus Johnny and elimination which just to lose, lose, not for the rookies tho, it's a win win for them.
Speaker 3: But yeah, no, yeah, and I think that that's what annoyed me the most about it, is like, damn, they really played us at our own game, Like, not only am I going into elimination against my friend in something physical, I couldn't have done anything to stop it if I wanted to.
Speaker 2: And so yeah, it was a very much Jesus take the wheel.
Speaker 1: Moment for me. Yeah. I actually have to say, like a round of applause to the rookies for that. It was well orchestrated. That level of unity right there was actually beautiful to see. Especially not only was the level unity, I don't think we heard a peep from any of the dudes. I think every time we really saw like leadership or decisive decision. It was the women. I'm talking the Daisy's, even the Kayla's, the Tiffanies like, yes, ladies, yet that is how you do it if you're gonna take somebody out, you see. It was the ladies were like, nah, we got like yes to you all. Yes. Even though I love the bets, I don't mind them getting their butt whooped occasionally, but.
Speaker 2: How you do it?
Speaker 1: And these ladies executed it very very well because you guess, like you said, there was nothing you could do to stop it.
Speaker 3: Really, dude, don't don't hate the player, hate the game. You know, everyone's in there with their own motive. I'd be naive to think I'm walking into a game after I made it to the last three finals.
Speaker 2: I've been I'm a challenge champion. Why would they want me to go far?
Speaker 1: And I'm not naive.
Speaker 3: I don't expect anything from anybody, so I can one hundred percent give them their props where it's deserved.
Speaker 2: But that doesn't make me feel good about, you know, going up here, Johnny, you know, yeah.
Speaker 1: It's not good for your game. Also, I think it's a testament. What's interesting is like previously when we had rookies. There was a lack of I don't see a lack of confidence because that's not quite the right like terminology, but there was a you know, uncertainty I feel like coming in the house, even when we saw them come from like Big Brother and other teams, but something about this particular cast in this season there seems to be a certainty and a confidence. And it helps that some of these Big Brother players, the Tier players have played on at least once. They played on USA season one, so this they've gotten at least one chance to like try it out, feel it out, all of that. But they're coming with like this confidence that I think just allows them to move in whatever way. And they really got y'all tripping of yourself. I mean, Johnay's over here, you know, voting diabolically. You're out here going against your vestie and picking a bed next to Amanda. Y'all losing your minds. I'd say that it wasn't great. We weren't doing well losing their minds. We'll see if it changes. And then we get the defection introduced right where you can switch teams, which is wild. We find out about Tory's love story this season, we get hints of that, yeah, season with it.
Speaker 3: I just want to say this, guys, remember when you watch the show, you're watching months ago, and uh so that's what I want to do.
Speaker 1: Any spoilers about your relationship satutory, We're going to follow.
Speaker 2: That with no no spoilers.
Speaker 3: I just want to let remind everybody this is all from the past, and everything is all awesome and dandy, but.
Speaker 2: Like you know, just enjoy it for what it is.
Speaker 1: I said the same thing about Battle of the Season Storia. All right, so let's do before we get into this fabulous interview that we have you guys, of course, we've got to do a gold star episode in our time out of the episode tour. Who is your Let's start with the timeout this time, and then we'll go to your gold star. There's your time out?
Speaker 2: My god, my time out? Oh god, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I guess what should be a gold star, but then turned into a time out. I would say was Wes because he thought he was. He gave it a whole speech from his heart, and then it was like, so, I think in honor of him trying, he kind of deserves both the gold star, and then he got stiff armed with a timeout from his team.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I can see that. I can totally see that. For me, my time out is going to go. And look, I understand why this person, Like I get it's their persona and a lot of great shows, have you know. I once met Omerosa actually, and Omerosa's notoriously like a reality show villain. And when I met her, this was several years ago after my Real World season. She's so sweet. She was so sweet and so smart. And then I had to interview her for something and like that was being filmed, and again she was so sweet, so smart. She actually hooked me up with the publicist like she was great, Like I was actually shocked that she was just so wonderful and kind. And then when we had to do this interview thing and the camp, the minute the camera turned on, that villain side that you've ever seen of her was there, and I was just sort of amazed but also like shocked by Like I didn't take it personally. It was just weird, this switch of like oh wow, like but you're not, Like it was just weird, and I feel like this person was doing that and I'd like to see a little more authenticity, Like I feel like so my time I was going to Amanda. I feel like she feels like and this is just my guess that she needs to be this villain to like stand out or be relevant. But the reality is, I actually think Amanda is very funny, and I feel like if you are as you know, Michelle called her a what did she call her a chihuahua, and she said it very funny chihuahua. But anyway, I feel like, if your game is as tough as it is and it's supposed to be, I mean props to her. She got on the platform first out of anybody, then you don't have to bark all the time, like sometimes the power comes from you being confident enough to move in silence. And so I didn't love seeing her play into this crazy villain role, only because the Amanda I personally met actually isn't that wasn't that villain and like that bad And so I'd love to get to see more of all the sides of her than just this like mauthy yay, yay, you lost thing. I don't know. I feel like it's gonna come back to haunt her. I don't know, because I don't know what happens in the season, but it's just I feel like there's more to you than that, so like, let's see more of you than that. And then my gold star, you know a couple of an honorable mention is TJ's beard. I feel like there was a thing going on this time. If you guys look, it's like dark on the side. He's doing something with the beard and I like it. I'm not, you know, against it. He looked good in that Carhart jacket. And then my other gold star is actually going to go to you and John Ay, both of you, because even though you sure as hell did body slam Johnny several times in that game, the way you guys handled it, the way you guys went in as fighters, like I couldn't be more proud to even just share a space with you guys, Like, honestly, I thought it was so moving and so well done, and the way you rooted for each other at the end, not even what we didn't get to see, which keep listening, guys, because you'll get some insight into what happened that you didn't get see on camera, but even what we did get to see, and the way that you hugged afterwards, the way that John A was like you better, like, you know, win this for me, and you were like I got you, Like I just thought that was such a special moment. So you both get f spars.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Devin, thank you.
Speaker 1: I appreciate that.
Speaker 3: I feel like, you know, she is an incredible soul. I feel like, what an opening to a season in a way. You know, on this second episode, you have two eliminations and three challenge veterans are in these eliminations, Yeahelle being in the first one, John Ay and myself in the second one, and like, talk about starting this entire season off with like.
Speaker 1: A yeah, a bang right, it's a lot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a lot.
Speaker 3: And the one thing I can say about it is, you know, it seems like the CVS Titans don't want us on their show, but they're sure as hell giving it to us because.
Speaker 1: They're making it about us. You know, yeah, thanks.
Speaker 3: For allowing us on your networking, giving us all some biting words here us.
Speaker 1: It's a little right, Still, I like it. I like it. Look, it may be on their network, but it was our house first. There was our house. So it really is the battle And I think this season is going to be so fun to watch You guys, something else. It's gonna be so fun this of interview. Do you want to give them some hints, toy so they can kind of guess? No, no hints.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, no hens amazing.
Speaker 1: I mean it's also going to be named in this podcast episode, so we're like hyping up like it's a secret. And seriously, when you guys clicked play, you already saw who our yuest was. But that's okay, let us live in our own little world. But we're excited. I know you just heard from her when we did the rewatch of free Agents, but I'm telling you you will not want to miss this interview. There is so much you get and both ladies share a lot of behind the scenes stuff that we didn't even know. So if you want to be a real challenge icon and nowhere evolving, you're definitely gonna want to stay tuned for this interview. So grab a snack, take a potty break, you can take us with us. Just make sure you wash your hands, and we will be right back after this with the amazing. We're just gonna say, John Amnion.
Speaker 2: Yes, bring her on.
Speaker 1: They are a five time podcast guests. I mean that's probably the most impressive stat Honestly, they've done ten seasons of the Challenge, two time champion. They their Real World season debuted right after My Real World season, and they are just an all around icon and legend. Please give it up for the champion.
Speaker 4: John Nay Wheah, thank you for having me.
Speaker 1: I feel like it's been so long since we've talked to you, as in last season the Challenge podcast.
Speaker 4: I know people are gonna stuck getting sick of me.
Speaker 3: No, never gets sick of you, That's impossible. I'm just thankful that literally you you're so sweet and you don't hate me. I watched that back and I just want to absolutely vomit.
Speaker 1: I still can stach.
Speaker 4: Dude, Oh can I just tell you before before, right before we went in, I remember clear day, You're like, so what do we do? Do we like give it at all? This is a really this is really messed up situation, and you know, and I'm just like, listen, we came here for a reason. You did too, Like, do not hold back nothing like you. I know you feel bad. You feel bad because your heart is like my friend, but like, yeah, hey you just got to, like you know, use this energy now, channel it. You know if you're pissed Sauce that that happened, then both like the house on fire.
Speaker 2: That's what I did.
Speaker 3: I literally screwup walked back in the house and you'll see next week, and I.
Speaker 2: Was like, Johnny's blood's on your hands. I went in there and I really lit it up.
Speaker 3: Like I'm not sure what they're going to show, but I was, man, that was that was so so rough. But before we even get into that tragic part of it, let's just talk about the beginning of this episode. Like, I mean, it started off with an elimination and with an elimination.
Speaker 1: So it started to show with Johnny's diabolical era. Can we just sell into.
Speaker 4: Then what Devin? I had to google diabolical because of you, But now I get it. Yeah, I don't know what Let's just yeah, we should start with the why why did I vote? Michelle? And you know, I've since I've been home from Croatia, been sitting and thinking the same thing, right thinking. But to be honest, you know, you want to know what it is, Okay, So I just when once TJ told us what the game one, once you told us that there were three different teams, I think everybody was playing, you know, like, okay, it's the Red team versus the Blue team verus Green team. My mind automatically just starts spinning, and I'm like, there's so many layers to this. There's you know, the team thing. There's the past relationships, you know that the Great tex There's the fact that there's Big Brother here, there's Survivor here. And I was just I was thinking so far ahead that I already knew, like right away that I was outnumbered. Okay, so it's like, you know, six of us right being you know, the people they brought in from the challenge, and there's eighteen other people. And I already knew. I already knew right away once I knew the game was what it was, that it was going to be an uphold battle. So I knew that I was either going to be going into elimination every time. I knew that the common goal that the eighteen other people there had was to get us out. So I was trying to figure out, like, Okay, how can I navigate this to like make it work in my favor? And so I wasn't thinking teams when I, you know, initially made that vote. I was trying to think of, like, you know, how can I gain trust with all these people I just met?
Speaker 1: But why was Shelle specifically or like how do you feel like that played into Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well, okay, So I looked at the two big groups. I think there were like nine Big Brother people and like, I don't know, seven or eight survivors. And I was pretty cool with some of the Big Brother people already, you know, one being to me, which now I you know, figured out that that was she didn't vote for me, but was well aware of what was going on, you know, playing game obviously, so kudos to her. But you know, Josh was on my TEAMFESSI was her roommate. I was kind of cool with Alissa l like, you know, and so I was trying to figure out how do I like gain favor with like these Big Brother players, you know, And I think that there was a certain point at the beginning, Tory. I don't know if you remember this, but you and I were like, okay, so they're all coming after us, like everybody here. Their only goal is to get you know, you me or Amanda out what can we do, like trying to strategize, and you know, she had already had you know, hit it off with some of the Survivor people and had you know, them on her team, and so I was like, Okay, I'll kind of like get in with some of the big brother people and you know, hopefully, you know, with you on that side, me on this side, we'll kind of like figure it out.
Speaker 1: Yah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And which is why in the first vote, in our first Blue team vote, we put in Amira and only because she was Big brother and like we were trying to steer away from Survivor girls because I was trying to get in with the Survivors while Johnny's trying to get in with the big brothers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, do you feel bad at all?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 4: Yeah, absolutely so. I Mean that's the thing that about this game. It was so random, and it was one of those things that's like you have to vote for somebody, right, and no matter who you vote for, there's going to be repercussion. So for me, I'm like, I'm going to vote for someone, and you know, my only strategy at this point is I looked at the Survivor of people, right, and I just knew as a group collectively that they weren't you know, boasting like, oh, we're strong we're Survivors strong. They weren't going around the house that way. They were very much you know, not behind closed doors, but just very craft see what you're doing. And I was just like, Okay, I'm gonna look at the Survivor girls and out of you know, who do we have? We have MICHAELA, we have DESI, we have Michelle. I just I felt like Michelle was my best choice.
Speaker 1: And did you expect them? I know, I feel like I'm integeting, but I'm just so curious, especially from the John A that I know, the John A who's been on this podcast five times like you are one. Just the evolution of your gameplay, right when we think back to you years ago, where I feel like you were pretty straightforward, you kind of wore your heart on your sleeve. You like that was you sometimes would put others before yourself whenever competing. And then now I even think this elimination, which we'll get to, is really just kind of like I feel like it was an epic elimination. I know it was like painful in a lot of ways because you guys are friends, but I think for both of you it actually was like beautiful to wat like I think it was really cool and there's a lot of lessons to be learned from it, just even as a viewer, but seeing like the sort of heart on your sleeve, innocent Johnni to this really coming in Crafty and we got a glimpse of that with the Kelly Anne thing in past seasons, even like what is happening listen.
Speaker 4: Sweet baby job Okay, listen, I walk into the house and I'm like, Okay, throw your heart out the window. Okay, whatever happens, don't think about your feelings that that is, you know has been my fault in the past. And then like I kid you not, I had a notebook, okay, and I wrote every team out and I wrote it by team, and then I wrote I color coordinated it, like what teams like, you know, this person's on the green team, this person's connected to this whatever. And I purely when I when I strategize in the game now, I just think about it. I think about it numerically, and I just figured out, okay, what you know, what does everybody have in common, and who's tied to who? And what is my best way to break somebody who has a lot of time? And so for me, it was like I was putting a risk obviously voting for Michelle, voting for my own teamate, But if it had turned out in my favor, it's like gambling. If it had turned out in my favor with Michelle gone, it bettered my chances down the road. Yep, That's how I felt. And whether I vocalized that to other people in the house, because those people are playing their own deals, right, you know, And I mean I think it's my fatal flaw honestly now in this in this new version of myself playing, I think I think too strategically, I think too far ahead, and I end up getting myself in trouble.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I can see what you're saying.
Speaker 4: Because right now, the game was simple. It's very simple. It's like you have your team and then you have you got to start making connections. For me, I'm like, how can I, you know, blow up to get.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're like, where's the map to the final? What is TJ going to be wearing on the last day? But you're like on day one when you're thinking, like is going to be in the final Challenge house? Like what?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's like you got to get there, yeah, you know, And it's like the biggest lesson learn of what I could take from this is like, stay in the presence, don't try to outsmart and out let people be there in the moment in the game.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, especially because so much changes for you guys, For both of you, I feel like the ability to be nimble, and I feel like that's what the newbies are most afraid of with you guys in this season is not only do you guys come with a certain level of expertise, Like we saw Banana's coaching, which actually was a sweet It's one of the things I love about Nanner's as much as I tease him, like that is deep down in his core, like when it comes time to step up, I've seen so many instances of him helping you know what, like sort of coaching at you if you will, which I love about him. But it's also you all's ability to be nimble. That's what makes you guys great competitors, is because no matter what's thrown at you, you're able to quickly adapt and be like, all right, this is the new game plan or this is how I have to do that, And that's intimidating for people who've never quite had to move like that and you guys.
Speaker 3: Are Yeah, and even if we don't know what we're doing, we go in with more confidence. It's just like because we've seen some type of variation of it, so it's like, okay, like I might not degree like with the with the lollipops, with the actual challenge, like I bet on that like whatever we call them, like they look like upside down location pins they do. Yeah, that's all I could think about when I saw it. But like even on that challenge, like I should the bed, Johnny, you felt pretty early too, like were they to be good at some step?
Speaker 2: It was slippery? Yeah, So it was just it was just like.
Speaker 3: With a lot of people going at one time, somebody would be going for your thing, like okay, yeah it was.
Speaker 2: It was that day was crazy.
Speaker 3: Also, can we talk about how just to touch on that challenge, we took a nap midway through that challenge, remember when we all we because so what happened is they set it up, the storm came in. They said they put us in, they put us inside. We all were so tired before our round went, we were exhaust fused. Like I don't even remember competing because it was such a blur of a day.
Speaker 2: We were all just so tired.
Speaker 1: Tired from like going out the night before something or what we we.
Speaker 3: I think we partied the night before, but then also I think because we got up so early and then we were waiting around for like seven hours to compete.
Speaker 2: Like the adrenaline spike was just crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, wow, it was whatever.
Speaker 4: Take naps when you're on the lounge, that's my That's rather best advice tip I can give to anybody. Don't take naps or do no, don't don't. Yeah, just throws me off. No. For me, it's like I go take a nap and then I wake up and then I'm the person voted in happened on Free Agents, happened on this one. I won't forget. Like Corey, I'm like, man, I feel weird, like nobody's talking. I feel really you know positive today the day that I went home, you know, and I'm just like so weird. And He's like, you know, Johnny, anytime I've ever had that feeling, it's like it's time you got to go have those conversations. I'm like, no, I think I'm goen. I go take a nap.
Speaker 1: Yeah, don't sleep you don't sleep on the challenge.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, don't sleep, don't don't.
Speaker 3: Be So the day that the Red Team was having their meeting trying to figure out which one of their teams voted for their own You don't know that they were doing that meeting.
Speaker 4: No, listen another thing, don't take a nap, right, So that that Red No, that's what I was trying to get to. So the Red Team, that meeting that they had, which I wasn't there for, that was after the elimination, after Amanda and Michelle had their whole blow up. And I remember during that blow up, I was like, I'm gonna go downstairs. I got to get out of here. Yeah, And I went down to my room. I was so tired from first of all, it's like freezing in Croatia during at the beginning, and I was just like, I'm gonna go to sleep because it's like two in the morning, right. So I go to sleep, and I remember like Tiffany coming into the room. She's like, hey, John, Ay, like Red teams having a meeting right now. And I was like, I'm going to vat you guys, like it's time to go to sleep, you know. So then I go to sleep, and then they're having this meeting. They're like, who's the one person who's not there?
Speaker 1: Do you if you were in that meeting, would you have would you have lied and said you didn't vote for Michelle? Like, if you had attended that meeting, that.
Speaker 4: Would have been very hard for me to do. If they would appoint Blank said like john A, did you vote for Michelle? I would have been like, knowing myself, I'd probably have been like, guys, yeah it was me. I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what I was thinking, did you expect them to meetia out so quickly the number because I was surprised that they like, yeah.
Speaker 4: Here's another here's another fatal mistake I made. I made a lot of them during the season the short time out there. But I forget and you know, I've never really been a Survivor fan or big brother. I've never really seen these shows. Right when I came back, I watched them all, you know, but their whole game and Survivor is to count the votes. Know which side of the book? No, who's voting for who? Okay, I forgot that this is who I'm playing with, right so and they show it immediately. Michelle is just like how are their nine votes going this way? And she was before the elimination, she was like, you know, getting in, getting ready for the elimation. She was telling the vote and that was that was a mistake.
Speaker 1: Yeah, good point. Good point.
Speaker 4: Survivors, man, they be surviving.
Speaker 2: It was like we were playing the challenge, but we weren't.
Speaker 3: And I think you can agree to this, like we were playing with a different breed, a different caliber of reality. I'm not saying better, I'm just saying different of reality.
Speaker 4: Of reality are strategic. That that's all they rely on. They don't have daily challenges, they don't have elimination. When you vote somebody out, they go home. So their only thing is they focus on these numbers and who's doing what, and they're way better at that than exactly.
Speaker 1: Let me just tell you this is getting good by Jo and see that coming. We'll be right back after this.
Speaker 2: I mean this episode it was intense.
Speaker 3: It was full of the argument in the beginning between Amanda and Michelle and then like everything that led up to us going into elimination, and I feel like, and can.
Speaker 1: We rewind back to that, by the way, And I know, I know, because we have to keep it. We have to keep John Nay, you were there, so you're gonna be the witness now you mentioned yeah, and then you were like, let's dip. Okay, what is this energy that's coming this Amanda Michelle feed. So for those who don't know, it did start with Beessi, because Michelle and Fessi was its Spies, Lies and Allies that they first kind of got together. Because actually at the Aftermath you guys, I told you before. If you go back and watch the episode, you can see that they were sitting next to each other and they tried to deny that they were a thing, but me being nosy, we pressed them on. It turns out they were a thing and they were hanging out in the hotel room. Anyway, go to YouTube you can totally get But on that same season of Aftermath It Spies, Lies and Challenge, Spies, Lines and Allies, we hear that Amanda and Bessie had sort of been a thing, and then of course we know that Tory had a little bit of a thing with Bessie also took vacation together. Were they together? Were they not together? Okay, now you're caught up, So.
Speaker 4: Yeah, now listen, I Devin, before I go to so much challenge. I need to call you and be like, hey, I hear these people are going and I need the background. I did not do my homework a change, So what thing happens with with Amanda and Michelle?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 4: And I could I couldn't be live. I was standing there like with popcorn for two seconds. I was just like, oh my gosh, this is all happening. And then of course I like run downstairs because I'm like, okay, this is getting scared. Yeah, like I'm gonna go downstairs. But I had no idea. This is my first time meeting Amanda. Okay, I thought she was really nice, you know when I met her at the airport, and she is she's nice.
Speaker 1: That's the thing about Amanda.
Speaker 4: Yeah, when it comes to the challenge, like it just it gets Yeah she said it. She's like, you don't want the smoke, Like I would definitely need one of those people, Like, yeah, I don't, I don't want any of this smoke, Like who are you voting for? You're voting for Michelle Cool, I'm gonna I'm gonna do that.
Speaker 1: But can she back it up? And then I don't know yet. And this is generally genuinely a question. And that is the thing about Amanda because when she was on Aftermath, she actually is lovely and fun and sweet and I bet a really awesome mom and like all those things. But then she like pop when it comes to the show, she like pops off at the mouth in a way that I just don't understand personally.
Speaker 4: And that's okay, get it, Nand yeah, I didn't get it. I didn't when when I, you know, came into this, I didn't know that Tory and amandad and like each other. I didn't know that all. Like I remember being in my room and after you know, I went down and hit there. And remember if Betty like walking, I'm like, what did you do? All these girls.
Speaker 1: I know I were people, were people giving. Because here's the other thing that I find. I don't know. It's sort of like a social experiment because you have these girls was literally fighting over FESSI And look, Fessel is great. Is he great enough to be acting a fool on national and international television? You know, that's for you to decide. My answer probably no, But he's great. But it's interesting that the girls are going at it well, Amanda and Michelle and like kind of creating this thing around themselves. Meanwhile, the dude who caused all of this, right, like the guy who went from person to person is just like sit back in the background being like I'm not in it, Like I don't was he catching any smoke in the house at all from this drama?
Speaker 4: Like where other I think he was desperately trying hard not to catch any smoke. Yeah, I think that who he was before was like a different version of ye now where he is like he's in a relationship, he's not trying to Like, yeah, he's a lot different than I thought that he would be. This is my first time as well, but he's so much more quiet and so much more reserved, very similar not not to me, but like how I am where I'm not really very good with my words, Like that's what gets me in trouble is when I actually try to explain myself.
Speaker 1: I think that's true. But a lot of these challenges, at least at least the bets because the newbies are new, and we'll learn that when we have them on the podcast, but they're the characters that you see there. There are some that when you see them on the show, it's very much them and look, I always say everybody should be held accountable for what they say or doing the show because you said it or did it, so like it is what it is. But then there are others where when not in a group setting, they're actually pretty chill or like pretty quiet, even like Josh a little right, like Josh is like pretty easy going and just like super easy going, so like lovable and kind of like, I mean, he did look like a candle on this daily challenge, as Banana said, Banana City looked like a melted candle when he was sliding off the bad.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I feel like this environment really pushes people to the limit, you know. I mean, like think about what it requires. You have to be mentally stable. You have to be a fun partier. You have made people feel warm and excited. You can't be paranoid, but you have to stay on guard just in case. Like you can't be overly confident, but you can't be you know, too afraid.
Speaker 2: You can't be too vulnerable.
Speaker 3: Like it's just like you have to be so perfectly evenly keeled and you're not always going to be.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So yeah, with little sleep, little comforts, sharing about people, you know, all of that.
Speaker 3: Yeahah, exactly exactly. Some people thrive in that environment. Though, Like in this episode, I feel like Tiffany really showed her strength of politicking and how she was able to navigate a lot of those conversations, which is not something I felt about her in the house. Interesting is interesting, like she is such a natural way of doing it. And I say this as a compliment because she's on again show, you know what I mean, Like, even if she wants to about me, Tiffany, even if you want to get me out, I still like you, dude, you're still fucking funny, because she has a good way about her. Yeah, she's got such a great way about her, in such a good spirit. I do think it's like a combination of who she is naturally as well as her She.
Speaker 4: Did not say my name, and she also orchestrated everyone else saying name, but I could still stay faith.
Speaker 1: It's what Theresa tried to do when we did the Free Agents rewatch to Laurel but failed miserably. Is what Tiffany managed to do successfully. Like that's how it is done. What did you guys think? And I don't like, I know, we're kind of jumping around, but this reason because Tiffany also said, and this is speaks to kind of the beauty of the two of you going against each other. So they seemed really shocked that Torri, you were going all in. They felt like you were going really hard on Johnny, right, And it seemed like none of the vets actually seemed that shocked, but the rookies did. And then Tiffany made a comment saying like, that's not your friend talking about you to john because you're going so harsh. Johnny, I'd love to hear what you feel about that, and Tori, and then I'd love to hear your take on that too.
Speaker 4: Here's the thing, like, well, like I said right before, you know, I'm upset, obviously Tory is upset. She's just like, you know, what do we do, like basically saying I don't want to hurt you coming, But I was just like, no, listen, we got to give it. Are all like we are here, both here for a reason. Don't you dare set aside like you know anything? And that's what winners and competitors have, They have that flip of the switch. It's game time now. I remember like walking by and I was like, mentally preparing myself. West says all right, you know, like get in the game whatever, and I was like, no, I'm good, Like I said it to him, because in that moment, a competitors only saying when it's you know, fight or flight, yep, right, you know, and we both did it. And yeah, I mean physical aimations, aren't you know, my biggest strength. I gave it my all and square. I think I access so much to you as like a competitor and as a friend. Though for you to be like I feel so bad, don't feel bad for a second, Like I said, channel that, go back in the house and light that shit on fire, because that is if I'm going to go home, at least take this and play with a purpose.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I and I did.
Speaker 3: And I'm telling you I had never experienced like PTSD from any like battle in the game that I've been in.
Speaker 2: Aside from the one with you.
Speaker 3: I would literally fall asleep at night, Johnny, and I would hear you in my mind being like why are you going so hard? Or like stop or like I would hear your voice to me and dude, I'm not kidding.
Speaker 2: It fucked with me. It fucked with my head so bad.
Speaker 3: To the point where I would sit there before bet and be like, yo, have I crossed the line with myself as a competitor, Like have I like turn totally turned it so mechanically that when I go in there, like I don't even I'm not even thinking straight anymore.
Speaker 2: I'm just all dull, like in a fight, you know.
Speaker 4: I feel like right before like and I was just like, don't you dare for two seconds even get in your head and start thinking about that, like just do you I'm good, like.
Speaker 3: And I'm I'm so thankful that you feel that way, because if it were any anybody else in there that I feel like I didn't have a close connection with and they didn't have your heart or soul, I probably wouldn't give a shit. But like, it's like it was against somebody who was who's you, Who's such a genuine person, such an amazing person to be around, Like I was so excited to play the game with you.
Speaker 2: I'm like, you were my number.
Speaker 4: I don't you know, Like I had very few people that I trusted and you're one. And you know I was sitting there and I will I will tell you these girls were good, Like as far as the whole like blindside thing goes like that day, I didn't I had a feeling that, you know, something was going on, but I just I was shocked when it happened, you know.
Speaker 1: Can I just say as a viewer watching you guys too, like when I said that there was so much actual beauty in this elimination, which is like a weird way to describe it, but I think you guys both showed a couple of things. I think a real testament to strength is being a gracious competitor and winner. So I think both of you sort of hyping each other up of like, go in and give it your all. I also think real friends don't go easy on real friends because you want them to sharpen. You know, iron sharpens iron, so you want them to continue to get better, like both of you. And then I also think you guys showing a united front and then Tory coming back in the house and sort of being which you know we'll see next week, but being like I'm more fired up than ever and seeing you John a whisper to Tory like you know, take this shit haunt like get it. As a viewer is super inspiring to watch. I think it underscores the message that, especially as women, we are not competing with each other. We don't have to compete with each other, even in the same space. And yes, you are physically competing in that moment, but you were both hyping each other up to like, look, be the If I can't take it, I want you to take it, and if you can't take it, I'm gonna take it. And I think that's just a testament in life. Not that I'm always trying to bring life lessons out of the challenge, but sort of. But I do you should, but I do like seeing that was really beautiful and I know it had to hurt, and obviously I appreciate you both, and yet it didn't. It Just to me, it almost was like this, yeah, victory as a whole, because I think not only did the rookies want to see a vet go home, I think they also wanted to see some of that morale break right. They wanted to see some of that fear that maybe they have being newbies, And instead you showed like I'm a freakin' force. We both are, and sure you got one out, good job, but be ready because this is reckon. You still don't want to see me down here, right, and like now I'm coming with the force of John A and myself, and I just think that was really really powerful to see.
Speaker 4: Yeah, whose bright ideal is to do that? Man, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I go for Michelle Johnna. It's because you voted for Michelle teknam it.
Speaker 3: It did seem like Michelle's idea, right, I was actually shut Yeah, dude, it's wild when you watch this stuff back, because that's not the way I painted the picture at all in my mind.
Speaker 1: You know what's interesting too, Like I feel like real world slash even are you the one? People like sort of the MTV og Ish family usually were casts on their shows prior because they were like straight shooters, right or they were kind of just like in your face, say whatever, do whatever, this is who I am, whereas these people coming from other shows were specifically cast because they hold their tongue and they can move in multiple directions. Yeah, and so they very different.
Speaker 4: It's so different, man, I'm telling you the Survivors. But my first case of it was on the Global Championship and I remember walking into your room when they were all talking to Grant, and I was just like, man, you guys are good. But I thought this time around and I was like, this is a whole nother level. I will say I was dup like I when I was down there when TJ said, like, you got five balls, I was like what, I'm like, this is good? You guys? Yeah, because I had no idea that this was coming.
Speaker 1: Yeah, how did you guys feel with because this is the most unified I think we've ever seen because we well, every time right rookies want to go against vets, usually the vets end up overtaking them. There's been heated debates in previous seasons, and you know about this, particularly like the World Championship all of that. This is the most organized we have ever seen of rookies versus vets. I mean, it's pretty much the house against you guys. How do you guys feel about that?
Speaker 4: It was the one goal that every person in the house, the other eighteen people had in common, was get us out. It did not help that we came in on jet skids right and crash their party. It did not help that TJ's like, carry this giant statue of the people of a mallon them. We hate them more and now we really hate them.
Speaker 1: That's actually a deep psychology. That's so that's.
Speaker 4: TJ.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: I think I think like it was really clear watching the Green Team deliberate, seeing how Wes was like trying, Yeah he tried.
Speaker 4: Yeah, just you know, hi, you know, put it on pods for just one more week and then see where it goes. Like he tried, and they were like, yeah, you're remembered, yeah pretty much seven to one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, he's a good old man.
Speaker 3: But I think like knowing that, like after that happened, like we all and like Johnn, I, you know, you weren't there for this, but you'll see it for the rest of the season. We all kind of got to what did you say? I like, for I like knew this was coming, but go ahead, yeah, yeah exactly, Like we we all were like, wow, like it's really going to be an uphill battle. And what I didn't know, so like I happily rejoined Blue Team. I didn't know Alyssa Lopez voted for Johnny. I didn't know Alyssa s voted for Johnny. I didn't know Cassidy voted for Johnny. Those were three of the five votes I found out later when I got back to your house.
Speaker 4: I was wondering that aftering you who voted for me and I.
Speaker 2: Fucking joined them.
Speaker 1: But yeah, you were like, because I'm loyal. Yeah, no, girl, I thought I was too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they duped me too.
Speaker 4: It's pretty crazy to think about, because I did have a conversation when we went out that night with Alyssa l and I was like, Hey, you know, I want to work with you. You want to work with me? And she just bold faced to my face, was like, I want to work with you. I like that you're working with big Brother people whatever, And then.
Speaker 1: Damn they all did a bunction of I would feel bad for you, Johnny, except for you voting Michelle in and then hold on and then we saw you hug Michelle when she came back up after she won, or when you guys got back in the house that night before the Amanda Michelle fight started. I saw you going for the hug, and I was like, I she did not.
Speaker 4: I do like Michelle a lot, like I really do. Do I think she's a threat? Absolutely? Do I think that she keeps a lot of the survivors together.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And if I get her out of the game, then yes, like it will be better for me. Yes, but when it comes down to it, I think Michelle's awesome, you know, and she's one of the people I vibe with. Yeah, and after I voted her, and I clearly felt like, oh, that was probably not because you got to think, we're still in the beginning stages. We don't know you can switch teams, we don't really know all the rules everything. I just I was literally like it was like a calculated risk I was willing to take because my back was already up against the wall. But I was already I was already a dead man walking.
Speaker 1: Well, because you were thinking about the challenge house snacks at the final you were already calculating all the way twelve episodes.
Speaker 4: Like I said it, at the end, I'm like, it's been a really long time since I've been eliminated, Like it's been like ten years, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So it.
Speaker 4: Was it was a weird feeling for me. I went home and I watched Eld the Survivor season.
Speaker 1: And then you're like, no, I know. I mean, look, Michelle Survivor is enough to say that, like, all right, there's got it. You know that doesn't happen on accident. So wait, does this mean by the way, do you feel like the show lines are blurred because they came in being you know, you talked about even survivors strong, brothers strong, blah blah. But wait, Amazing Race, ra it's an amazing race on here. We never resonne. Yeah okay, yeah, there shout out to Amazing.
Speaker 4: I was trying to help out Amazing Race with my Michelle boat too.
Speaker 1: Yeah it was.
Speaker 4: I was. Dusty was like, please help my boy Louis down. I'm like, okay, we vote for a girl.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah. Does this mean that it's now dissolved and that the real alliance is just Vets versus everybody else?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: It is, it is.
Speaker 1: You know what happened then?
Speaker 3: I think in the very beginning when Blue Team met Power and there wasn't a Vet on the board, I think it shook everybody so much to the core, knowing like oh wow, like they have.
Speaker 2: So much power now we're super threatened to buy them. We got to get them out. I think Big Brother was really hurt by that because.
Speaker 1: And Corey, by the way, Toy, they kept saying, you all's Nate. You know Tory and I ever been called the brains behind an operation. We love We do love you, Cory, but yeah, they were really shook and scared of you guys, and then they wanted to use you all's coaching. Did you catch that when they were like, oh, Banana's helped get.
Speaker 4: Who was it?
Speaker 1: Was it Desi? Or who did he help get across Chanel? He helps get Yeah, but Banana's helped get Shanel on shout out to Chanel and then you know, even West. But then they wanted It was weird. It was like they wanted to use you all for your information, but they also wanted to get rid of you.
Speaker 4: So that Yes, that's how I felt during So I did go to like not the Red Team meeting where I wasn't there, but one of them I too. They I just I felt so weird sitting there because I, you know, I somebody we're trying to decide who we're going to vote for it right, And I felt so weird being there because I was like, I can't say anything even though you guys are looking to me for like some sort of leadership thing. I don't trust the very people that are sitting here because the second that you guys leave here, you're going to go to the Big Brother people. You're gonna go to the Survivor people, you know, and it was just this whole game. I was back against the wall. But you know, the most dangerous people I think in the game are like, okay, obviously see like the Vets, they're like working together and then Survivor Survivor strong. But the people who are like like the market arts or whatever is there. I think that West said mud bloods, like from Harry Potter, but like the Michelle, the Fessie, the people who are still part of the Survivor big Yeah. I mean, look, Michelle was literally sitting here and like rookies. I noticed that. Girl.
Speaker 1: I noticed that too. But smart gameplay girl, go ahead and put yourself on that side.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Michelle.
Speaker 3: Michelle is really smart and she's also charming, so it's hard to not like her and hard to not like.
Speaker 4: You know, yeah, like I really like you. But you've got to go yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I get it.
Speaker 3: Okay, we need to take a quick break. Don't go anywhere, guys, we'll be right back after this.
Speaker 1: Johnny, did you learn anything? So you said you went home and you watched all the episode, you know, like the other show Surviving Up. What did you learn that you think you're going to add to your gameplay from watching Survivor.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, listen, after actually watching Survivor and seeing all of it. I mean, if I find my vert in a game with people from Big Brother or Survivor again, I mean, it's very not likely that I'm going to be one where there's a random that's random hopper. But yeah, I hate that Hopper, but I will. I have to remember to look at people's like intentions and know where they're coming from, like their original show, what they're coming from and what they're walking into. I didn't dig that into perspective. I didn't take you know, the fact that these people are so calculated that they're on the same calculation level. Yeah, you know, whereas normally when you walk into a challenge house, people are just playing the challenge and all they have to go off of, Yeah yeah, the Survivor's man.
Speaker 2: Dude, there's something else.
Speaker 3: I'm like, maybe, yeah, there's they're surviving man, they know, and the Big Brothers like it just they just don't you. Any which way you look, there's a threat, you know, like no matter how you cut it.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I think it's to be on the back foot you guys as as bets. You guys are almost living the game as rookies for the first time. And I know there's been a lot of talk in the challenge fandom on Twitter on Reddit because y'all know we lerk. Okay, fine, I lurk around sometimes people feeling like, Okay, the Vets are always running things, They're always coming in, kind of like the seniors versus the freshman And this time, yeah, you guys really aren't running anything, as West proved, And so how does it feel being almost the underdogs this season because you guys have not been underdogs in a very very long time.
Speaker 3: Well, I just feel like it definitely lit a new a fire in me that I hadn't felt in a long time, because you know, typically i'd obviously on Rider Eyes, I went into the first elimination, so like it's not like I've been like walking safe. But also on Globals, I didn't have to go in so for the past couple seasons, and on Spies Lies, I went into the last like it's only been one elimination here, one elimination there. This is like knowing that it's an uphill battle, Like it's the first time I had that like mindset. It took me completely out of Champion and put me right back in a dirty thirty tory. I was like, I'm a rookie, like I gotta scrap my way through this game. And was just kind of like all right, like whatever happens happens, kind of like accepting my fate.
Speaker 4: That's what I say. I had the wrong mindset. I went in thinking, Okay, these people have just seen Ulcers or thirty eight, right, so I already knew that I was going in with a target on my back. I didn't, you know, take into perspective, like I said, the fact that this isn't my name, this is a whole new game, and I am now a rookie because this is the first time that we've had the silent voting. I was excited. I was excited to like do this whole thing. And then I realized, oh, shoot, eighteen people want the same thing that's for me to be gone.
Speaker 1: I think that actually may be the thing. Not just the numbers, because we've seen in previous seasons even I think spies liies. Now is where the numbers have been. There's been more rookies than there have been, and yet the Vets still come out on top. I think what's really putting you guys on the back foot is this silent voting or like secret voting, and that in conjunction with two things TJ's Carhart jacket that he wore, and then also with people who are very much used to playing a game of sneaky right, Like those two things I think are the things because it seems like before, even when there's a lot of rookies, you know, the bets are really good at at rallying and getting people. And I think that's what scared everyone with Tory and Corey is they felt like, oh, they came in and rallied and they do it like they know that when you guys talk, you guys can really kind of lead a group. And so that's why they wanted to, you know, target it right off the bat. And I think that's what's it's going to be so interesting and refreshing to watch. Although look my heart, I try not to be biased on this podcast, but of course, like I'm going to always be slightly vets. Although I like to see the rookies fight and I love some of the rookies this season in particular, I had a chance to talk to Shanelle the other day. She will be on the podcast. She's amazing. But my heart will be with the Bets because I know them well. But I like how they're playing this season. I like how the rookies at least, because that's the other thing. Look, Danny was annoying. Yes, I'm bringing him up again. He was annoying in previous season. In the previous season, I like Danny as a person amazingly and I liked him on Challenging SA season one. I thought he was amazing and loved that he won. On the second season, I didn't love that he and Sarah were so vocal about coming for the Vets. It sounded less like an action plan and more like a wine or something. Whereas this season, I do like that. I mean it's sneaky as it is. The rookies are like you guys said, They're like, hey, yeah, I respect it.
Speaker 4: This great me Why playing.
Speaker 1: Meetings when John Nay's napping, being like, okay, we're going do X Y and Z. I want them to go and I'm gonna do this like I love And even Tiffany said play dumb like I love that that instead of whining. I feel like they're just being They're being smart and tactical and how they're.
Speaker 4: Pointing about ready for all that. Yeah, I don't from from like a fan point of view of the show, watching the show, like I love how this is set up being one of the six same. I hated it obviously, but yeah they said sent my mind right into that spiral of all all the possibilities came in and I was just like, oh no. But as far as the season goes, like this is gonna be.
Speaker 1: It's juicy, ethic, it's so it's not looking too good for y'all Vets. I'm gonna just say it now, I don't.
Speaker 2: It is not looking.
Speaker 1: I will be shocked if a VET pulls this off. I really will actually be shocked, which is like wild. But now the question is which rookie is gonna pull what Tori, when.
Speaker 4: You hug me a bye worn and you're like see you next week.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, because I thought I by yeah yeah, I was like, yeah, I mean I'll be I'll be gone in two seconds.
Speaker 2: John assume like this is they're going to keep putting me in in toll until I go. I am just in the fault.
Speaker 1: So one more question for you guys, does this give you more empathy or change your view on previous seasons when generally it is the vets or a VET targeting a rookie and continuing to pick the same person and sort of put them intil they're gone. Does this make you think differently about doing that in future season? Seeing is how you guys felt like you were going to be the subject of And obviously I don't know how the season plays out, but and John, ay you're no longer with us, but general you knew that h r IP. You knew that you guys were going to be the consistent target. Does that change your view on playing that way?
Speaker 3: I think ultimately, relationships will always take the toll, like we'll always take the stage before a new relationship unless you're ready to terminate the relationship. Yeah, but what I can say is it will be easier to relate to that person going through the struggle and let them know, Hey, I've walked a really hard path in this game before, so I know you're going through a hard time and I and I and I'm here to remind you it's not personal. It's just part of your battle. It's your journey on in this game, and I think that's ultimately what's going to come from it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's not going to be so much like I'm never doing this again. Yeah that's highly unlikely.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, that's fair.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I do empathize, empathize with the rookies a little bit more. I do realize I have to be a little bit more adaptable too, because it's like every time you walk into a challenge, you don't know what to expect. And let me tell you, like this whole this whole setup of everything with the Hopper, with the random of all that, I was not expecting that and I was not ready for that, which you know obviously feels like, yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, I also think that the Hopper, like you said, the Hopper played into it, like five votes amongst the entire house that actually wasn't majority, So like the Hopper, the luck of the Hopper did play into that, and that like we're going to see that throughout the rest of the season, like it sometimes works in your favor and it sometimes doesn't. This whole season, like between the Hopper, between the secret voting, between there being only six Challenge legends going in there with eighteen other people like there was there was just.
Speaker 4: A lots yeah. Yeah, my head was about to explode. So that's that's why I voted, because I was like, I'm gonna take take this risk.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can justify it, Johnny. Just to the end, speaking of shell Okay, that elimination with the balls, right, So just to back up for it, First of all.
Speaker 4: We're raising this whole season on McDonald's lace, yes, okay.
Speaker 1: And also why were they just using their hand? Did I miss it? Because wouldn't it make sense to like do an arm scoop, you know what I mean? Like we see them just like tossing with their hand like a little yes, like a little flapperbird. And I'm thinking, now, can't shouldn't you just like pull up your shirt and do an arm scoop and just the scoop and balls out. Also what challenge producer hated themselves enough they decided they wanted to count individually count balls that.
Speaker 4: Were outside of it, Like the bells that were left they like scooped the balls that were all from the middle guarded with the same amount.
Speaker 1: Oh, you're right wrong, that makes sense, right, Okay, that makes sense. That makes it right that I was like who's chasing these thirty balls on the ground.
Speaker 3: It's just funny because Michelle and Amira. I mean, it's not funny, it's sad. But like all I could think about when I was watching that was like it was like somebody dipping a tea bag into a coffee cup over and over and over again, and they got tea bagged.
Speaker 1: Tea bags looking for balls. It all makes it.
Speaker 2: It's just like on an elimination.
Speaker 1: Was it an aggressive drop because they kind of in the watching it, they like did some kind of freeze frames and slowed down, so you couldn't tell if they were really.
Speaker 4: Just like.
Speaker 1: Or if it was like a slow down.
Speaker 4: No, it was like they brought him up and then they dropped up.
Speaker 1: Like it was like I remember, oh wow, okay, so it was like a drop in the Okay, I'm glad I didn't.
Speaker 4: Do that one, although that might have might have not better than balls in for me?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, do you think would have won between the two of you on the tea bag?
Speaker 3: Oh, toss up, toss up anybody's game. It could have been anybody's game. Like I think that I had done balls in before. I had one balls in before I knew I was comfortable with that, Like, but if it would have been anything else, like Johnny john A is an incredible competitor. I credit my win to what the fucking elimination was. If it even a puzzle, my ass would have been both.
Speaker 2: Second, like I would have been walking up the door anything.
Speaker 4: I don't know they asked us at the very beginning. They're like they're like, oh, out of all the great eliminations like pull, wrestle, whatever, like, which would you get rid of I'm like, listen, hall brawl and balls in like that.
Speaker 3: That's not that's not for me, yeah, dude, And like I would prefer to not do a puzzle. So I think we just it just was what it was on the day that it was like I don't think you can.
Speaker 2: Johnny is still the two time winnings.
Speaker 4: That's the thing.
Speaker 2: You never still better, Like she's still the queen, dude, so.
Speaker 4: You never to know, like what's going to happen in make sure, which is why you don't want to go in. But that damn hopper. Yeahs as soon as I've gone on about the hopper, I'm like, all right, ball to the wall and take every risk possible.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh we saw that, Jenny.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 1: So for those who want to we know you have to get back to the kiddos. For those who want to keep up with you, John ay and watch you strategize, watch you live life and thrive. Where can they find you on social.
Speaker 4: Well, I will tell you, guys. I'm still really bad at social media. But my Instagram at Johnny Manyon so j O N N A M A N and iowen.
Speaker 1: I love it so much. Thank you for coming to visit us again.
Speaker 2: Of course, yes, Jen, thank you, dude.
Speaker 3: Listen, no matter what happens on each individual episode, like, nobody can ever steal your legacy from you. You are one of the only two time female champions to ever exist. You're a badass, You're one of the smartest challengers I've ever met.
Speaker 2: And you see, you're the only you, and you're the only you. And you left me, your oil diffuser when you left like a god damn like say like dude, that is love, love, love.
Speaker 3: Love, So thank you, thank you for everything, dude, thank you for your heart of gold. And seriously, this season is not going to be the same without you.
Speaker 2: I promise to avenge you. Yes, yeah, yes, I love that.
Speaker 1: We absolutely will continue to watch as Tory goes to avenge your honor, and of course, like TJ said, we absolutely will be seeing you on future seasons of the Challenge and then also subsequently future episodes of the podcast You Love You By Bye.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's you, it's you.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 2: Johnay is absolutely incredible.
Speaker 3: I'm so sad that this is the last time that we're really going to be hearing from her this season, but knowing her.
Speaker 2: Track record, she'll be back on the podcast soon enough.
Speaker 1: She sure will be, that is so for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's the best man.
Speaker 3: Well, Devin, it's been an honor hosting this episode with you. Where can people follow you and support you on social media? If they want to listen to more of you?
Speaker 1: Oh, if you want to listen more? Do you really want to listen more? You can go to my website devinsimone dot com. That's done with the y simone with an I, and you can scroll down and you'll see my socials. I'm most active on Instagram which is also Devinsmone, followed by Twitter and threads which is also Devinsmone. And follow me on Amazon. You can go to my Amazon storefront. You can just Google, Devinsmone Amazon, It's called Devinsmon's Gift Closet. Click the follow and then when we do we actually did one today when we do live streams, say hi and that you're a Challenge podcast listener and I will shout you out. I've done that with a lot of the podcast fam so that'll be a lot of fun and toy where can they keep up with you? But also get your hair secrets because that is still a mystery. I'm always trying to figure out. I'm forever chasing Tory's hair, So where can they follow you? Ha Hooba oil.
Speaker 3: I put Hoobo oil in my hair after I get out of the shower, you know, just a little bit of it, keep it nice and then I stop dying at people like you gotta give.
Speaker 2: Your hair some But then also I have extensions in so don't let me fool you. There are in this season.
Speaker 3: So there's a little bit of Nashville. There's a little bit of fake in there. But you can follow me on my Instagram at Tory Underscore Deal. I tag my hairstylist sometimes, so you never know when that's gonna pop up.
Speaker 2: Shout out to her. She's amazing. Yeah, yeah, but more importantly than following me.
Speaker 3: If you guys liked this episode, please rate and review us on Spotify or Apple Podcasts, tell Devin why you love us so, so and so much, and also tell your friends.
Speaker 2: To listen to the pod, because why not share this incredible episode with somebody?
Speaker 1: Absolutely share it with a lot of people, you guys, and then catch new episodes of The Challenge USA airing on CBS. There are two more next week.
Speaker 3: Yes, and we'll see you guys back here next week for our brand new episode of MTV's official Challenge Podcast
Speaker 1: With that Damn Hopper