Speaker 1: M The following He is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This is Mick shot streaming live on Dallascowboys dot Com and the official Dallas Cowboys APT now Here are Bill Jones, Everson Wolves, and Mickey Spagnola.
Speaker 2: You can't sell you this, boy.
Speaker 3: We can't be infected by Golden sixties.
Speaker 4: I don't be anybody you've ever said that. The golden sixties.
Speaker 5: That's when this team, this when franchise got good was in the golden sixties.
Speaker 4: Right, I'm getting good. I'm in my golden sixties.
Speaker 5: And it was basically the nineteen sixty six season when the Cowboys made it all the way to the NFL Championship Game.
Speaker 4: So this was was that when the song was made.
Speaker 5: It was around that era. I think, yes, it sounds like he's from that era. Let's ask someone who maybe was an adult drough that era, Mickey was it? Was it this era for that song?
Speaker 6: The Golden sixties?
Speaker 4: The Golden sixties?
Speaker 5: What a stylish hoodie that Mickey is smart like today?
Speaker 3: That's that's your Q and a stuff man? What you gonna wear on Sunday?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 6: I got others.
Speaker 4: Ah see, there you go.
Speaker 5: Look is that available in the pro shop.
Speaker 6: That's where I got it?
Speaker 5: Okay, all right, you paid paid.
Speaker 6: Good money for it.
Speaker 7: The worst pride was if I saw somebody else with don and I said, oh, and all.
Speaker 5: This time I thought your clothing was provided by the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 4: Me too, me too. Hey if you need a discount, man, just how okay? All right?
Speaker 5: Speaking of gear, Yeah, we have not only football players on a football field on this fabulous fight song football Friday, but they have pads on today. This is a padded practice Friday.
Speaker 6: And they're running out of them quickly they are.
Speaker 5: So you're going to tell us about Article twenty four of the Collective Party Agreement and how many padded practices they can have.
Speaker 4: I want to hear this.
Speaker 7: It used to be thirteen season and you had to be done with them.
Speaker 5: By about now. This would be like the last one, close.
Speaker 6: Ye, You couldn't save them up for the last.
Speaker 4: Should we be reporting this, guys?
Speaker 5: No, it is no, it's legit. Okay, it's above board, and in fact, I have the rule right now.
Speaker 7: So now it's seventeen games, you may get fourteen precs.
Speaker 5: I learned in my one month of law school at University of Oklahoma. If you ask a question, you know the answer. That's right, Okay. The Collective Party Agreement Article twenty four, you are allowed during the regular season padded practices for all players shall be limited to a total of fourteen fourteen.
Speaker 6: I had it, eleven of.
Speaker 5: Which must be held during the first eleven weeks of the regular season, and three of which must be held during the remaining six weeks of the regular season.
Speaker 6: Oh, so you can spread out those.
Speaker 5: Last so you've got three. And since they obviously did not have any last week with a Thanksgiving and it was a short week the week before, I mean they may even have a couple in their hip pocketing.
Speaker 6: I'd have too many, got to start spending.
Speaker 5: So it's just refreshing to see football players in pads out here Friday on a Friday. Of course it's a Monday night game. That's why it's happening on a Friday. Normally this event is reserved for a Thursday during a normal week.
Speaker 6: That's exactly right.
Speaker 5: So me practices a season, did y'all have that?
Speaker 4: Who counts?
Speaker 5: We lose count every practice?
Speaker 4: Every practice? Well, and I told you guys.
Speaker 3: One other time the forty nine ers were ahead of the game, and that's when Bill Watsh was there and they were winning. They had maybe one full pad practice every week and maybe a shoulder pads with shorts.
Speaker 5: I remember going out there. I remember going out there and covering the Cowboys Niners NFC championship game in January of nineteen ninety three. That's post Bill Walsh, but I remember and went out there early in the week, so covered all their practices and everything, and they were in shorts all the time, all the time. It was like standard operating procedure. It was such a different environment than what Jimmy Johnson and the Cowboys were doing.
Speaker 7: And I can give you a great example of that for the ninety three season Super Bowl when the Cowboys were playing Buffalo and they were no. Ninety two Super Bowl excuse me, and the workouts were in LA. Cowboys were at UCLA and Buffalo was at USC and I was the pool reporter for the AFC practice, so I got to watch the Bills practice.
Speaker 5: Jerry got him behind in.
Speaker 8: The upstanding person I was that they so they got towards the end of.
Speaker 7: It might have been the Thursday practice, and the Cowboys, I know what they were doing at you sail. They had pads every day and they were lusting.
Speaker 6: Heads right the bills.
Speaker 7: They were out there in I think maybe they had their helmets on and then jerseys and shorts, and they was getting close to the end of practice. And their star middle linebacker was it Conklin does that right?
Speaker 6: Yes, he's out in practice.
Speaker 4: He does.
Speaker 6: They're out in practice and.
Speaker 7: It's getting close to the end, right, And I saw him catch mar Levy's eye and he did. And for the people that are watching, I'll do it for you, but to explain it, he in the middle of practice. He looked over there and he did this with his wrists so he could see his watch like time.
Speaker 6: So, yeah, we've been out here long enough.
Speaker 7: And I was thinking, oh, you guys got another thing coming when you get.
Speaker 6: To the game. If that's the way you're going to prepare for this one, because I knew what the Cowboys.
Speaker 5: Were doing, and it was Shane Conlin. Shane Shane and not Conkland, but con thank you. I think he's a Penn State game.
Speaker 6: I was closed. I believe it was only thirty years but I couldn't.
Speaker 4: I was.
Speaker 6: I was shocked because I knew what the Cowboys are doing, right.
Speaker 4: And we had had we just beat them.
Speaker 7: No, this was that was the first round YEP twenty seven, Super Bowl twenty seven.
Speaker 3: Okay, so we had beat them two years when we mean giants, Oh yeah, hey giants remember remember, I mean, come on, I have something to do about it.
Speaker 6: No, they would have lost.
Speaker 7: Too, and then and then they got beat by.
Speaker 5: Washington and then twice by the Cowboys.
Speaker 7: The first of the other thing they were worried about was security. They wanted to shut down the student swimming pool diving, the high dive because they were worried their spies up there.
Speaker 3: So you think the spies gonna come up there in the in a bikini with the camera, I don't know the paper.
Speaker 7: That was Bill Poullian's big objective, to make sure no one was watching up on the dive.
Speaker 6: On the dive forward, Yes, platform.
Speaker 5: I saw, I'm sure it's the platform.
Speaker 7: And then they noticed that the dormitory that was right next to the swimming pool, the rooms at the edge end, had balconies.
Speaker 6: They wanted to shut down the balconies.
Speaker 3: I can see that, but still you're gonna but the students. They don't say anything, We'll be out there on the balcony.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 7: And they did it before in Minnesota when they were practicing. Uh they were at the University of Minnesota in their indoor facility because it was freezing cold that week and.
Speaker 9: Uh winter in California in Minnesota, Minneapolis, and the coaches, the University of Minnesota coaches were on a second floor at the end of the practice facility and they had.
Speaker 7: All the drapes drawn in their offices and then one office had a light command and the drape was opened, get up there, make sure who's in that room. And I'm going, God, just worry about football.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 4: They had already lost too.
Speaker 6: That was the second one they lost.
Speaker 4: And so they're still the.
Speaker 7: Next year, they're still worried about yes, and they were still worried about security.
Speaker 6: Yes.
Speaker 3: So they it's not like, well this is new to them that they're going to get their butts kicked in the Super Bowl. But they'd already lost the two teams and here they have the same attitude.
Speaker 6: It's amazing.
Speaker 5: But anyway, so you uh, we talked about the ninety two Cowboys touched on the ninety three Cowboys. And how about now the ninety four Cowboys, And how ahead of the time was Barry Switzer going for it on fourth and one of just twenty nine yard line? Is Dan Campbell related to Barry Switzer somehow?
Speaker 4: Well, they're both gun slingers, of both gunslingers.
Speaker 6: Well it wasn't.
Speaker 5: That was thirty years ago. It's an anniversary. Might actually be the actual anniversary of the Cowboys Eagles.
Speaker 4: Game analytic anniversary.
Speaker 7: Uh huh, you know what I think he last night? So Bill's referring to he feared his defense so bad that he was willing to gamble going for so they could run out the clock.
Speaker 6: They did not want.
Speaker 7: Green Bay to have any seconds left to downfield and tied again.
Speaker 5: But how about going for it on fourth and one at your own thirty one?
Speaker 4: Well, what happened at the end of the game, and that was.
Speaker 5: Like that was like the Switzer one, which from his own twenty nine but he made four or five, that's right.
Speaker 4: So well that's that one that he didn't make almost cost it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it did gave him a short field from what thirty yards out?
Speaker 3: I think they had like the first three scores with short fields. If I'm not mistaken.
Speaker 7: Well, they had interception return that and I don't forgot what the other.
Speaker 6: One or something, but it was a short field, you're right, and they gave him that one. They gave it, uh gambling.
Speaker 3: I guess he must be feeling pretty good about himself. I don't think it was a matter of not trusting anyone. I think it is the other way around. He actually did trust his defense.
Speaker 7: I thought, no, he didn't in the end because he didn't want them to have the ball to come back and tie the game up. He wanted to win it with his offense, and he did.
Speaker 10: He did.
Speaker 5: In Actually, it was the ninety five season, wouldn't it was the year the Cowboys won the Super Bowl. Oh dum, dumb, dumb and dumber. Yeah, that was the headlight of the New York Post, New York Next.
Speaker 7: The next day, Berry and Jerry together Jimmy, I mean Jerry and.
Speaker 5: Jerry Dumb and dumber in the the movie had just come out. I guess that was messed up, but it was okay. What's the date today?
Speaker 6: December sixth?
Speaker 5: December sixth, and that was December tenth, nineteen ninety five, So that was twenty nine years.
Speaker 6: Ago, it was cold, he wanted to go in.
Speaker 5: And that's the other thing is the win. And that's the reason why Switzer did it, was because he didn't think they could punt it very far in that Philadelphia wind, so twenty to seventeen loss, and then the Cowboys turned it around and won the Super Bowl.
Speaker 6: In something load left.
Speaker 4: So who's dumb and dumbing?
Speaker 5: Mm hmm, that's right, yeah, mhm. Okay, So there's a our little trip down memory lane and now one of the Cincinnati on one Monday.
Speaker 6: Night four and eight Bengals.
Speaker 5: So we have a five seven Cowboys, right, we'll.
Speaker 6: Take them lightly.
Speaker 7: I think Jerry has said it like at least twice this week, and he said it again today on his radio segment that they're a lot better than their record seems.
Speaker 3: I think that's pretty obvious. Once you watch the game. It's you know, they have their faults, just like we do. But when you start thinking about the offensive talent that they have, it's pretty hard, pretty hard, and.
Speaker 4: They're productive.
Speaker 3: Pretty hard to go out there and just say, oh, these guys are gonna be a piece of cake. And I give I'm hoping, my dB, I hope my DB's out there stretching out real good because it's gonna be a track meet.
Speaker 7: Give give Michael Parsons credit to for warning everybody. He basically kind of sang Joe Burrow's praises yeah, and said that if the record was reversed, he would be the leading candidate for MVP, no doubt.
Speaker 6: And he's right. If you look at his.
Speaker 7: Burrows numbers, all the stuff he leads the league with in passing, they score points. And again, I forgot to check the the uh. We talked about it yesterday, the line on the game because the Bengals were five and a half point favorites when the week started. I don't know if it's changed, Denny, but that's almost unheard of, giving the home team five and a half points when the records are not even the sake.
Speaker 3: So and we've had some time, We played some tough teams and lost to some tough teams. So it's not like, you know, we've been, you know, dancing through the whole schedule.
Speaker 5: And beat Washington on the road on the road, Pittsburgh on the road.
Speaker 7: Come on, I'm a second place team in the first place, Pittsburgh still in first, right y, Yes, yep, and.
Speaker 4: They're they're trending up. So I don't know.
Speaker 5: I'm a look at that the points that Cincinnati is putting on the board, and can the Cowboys match it?
Speaker 3: I'm looking at our defense, you know me, I'm mister mister positive, you know, mister optimistic. There are times when your defense plays over its head. This needs to be one of those games where.
Speaker 4: You know, we know what they have. We're already fearful of it, right, We've already planned for that.
Speaker 3: Can we, you know, go into the game that focused, stay focused on the on the task at hand. Can we do that as a as a defense. I'm not talking about offense as a defense.
Speaker 4: Can we meet the challenge? You're talking about a guy.
Speaker 3: First of all, you think he's gonna get paid next year, Chase the wide receiver.
Speaker 6: Oh well, I would imagine he was supposed to get paid this year. Well he was. He franchised this year.
Speaker 5: I don't know. So he's in his fourth year, fourth year, he's the fifth year option picked up for next year.
Speaker 6: Okay, so he's a year behind.
Speaker 5: He's twenty one, yep.
Speaker 6: Okay, so yeah, that's the same thing's going to happen.
Speaker 7: So I keep I left my transcription of Micah's interview, but I like the fact that he sat there and said, when they started talking about how good Cincinnati's offense was, that I need to be the best player on the field.
Speaker 6: We need to be.
Speaker 7: A better defense, as matter of fact, play our best defensive game of the year to.
Speaker 6: Be able to deal with them. I agree, and that's being very real.
Speaker 5: Agree.
Speaker 4: I agree.
Speaker 6: You know you sit there in your worry.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 7: They might underestimate them. They got a worse record, and don't better throw that record out.
Speaker 5: So why is there such focus on how many points the Bengals are scoring? They're fifth in the league in scoring. Then get the number one passing offense, and with this five and a half point spread, do we just dismiss the fact that they are second to last in the league in points allowed. I mean, you go back and look at their They gave up forty This is recently, Okay, in the last month. Their last game against Pittsburgh, they gave up forty four. They gave up thirty four to the Chargers and a loss. And these are all losses. Baltimore they gave up thirty five. Okay, they beat Vegas forty one to twenty four, and prior to that against Philadelphia, they gave up thirty seven thirty seven to seventeen loss. A few weeks before that overtime lost to Baltimore forty one thirty eight, and they gave up thirty eight to Washington in the third week of the season.
Speaker 4: Look at those teams, Bill, Yep, that was a good team.
Speaker 5: Yes they are.
Speaker 4: Those are good offensive teams. Are we a good offensive team?
Speaker 6: Getting better?
Speaker 4: But that's not what I say.
Speaker 6: Got a backup quarterback.
Speaker 4: Sir, I am talking, sir, Come on, Oh are we are?
Speaker 8: We?
Speaker 4: Is our defense as good as those teams?
Speaker 5: And think about the Cowboys points that they've scored. Here I'm listing, okay, the Giants game. Okay, how many points did the offense score? Twenty because it's overshown head to pick six? Okay, And you think about the Washington game. Is it thirty point? What was the score?
Speaker 6: Thirty four to twenty six?
Speaker 5: Yep, thirty four to twenty six. Yeah, turn return and.
Speaker 4: They also missed two field goals Washington. No, I'm just talking.
Speaker 5: I'm just about the yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, But I'm saying those still have been well, that's all. I'm so so.
Speaker 5: Even though the Cowboys have scored thirty four plus twenty seven and they're two straight wins and averaging thirty points a game, it hasn't.
Speaker 4: Been all offense.
Speaker 3: And you know what, the Cowboys, it's okay. They as if we were to break down Cincinnati.
Speaker 5: They might have as well. That's right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a tough one. Now, I understand what you're saying. Bill.
Speaker 5: That's where that's why the spread is what it is is because they don't think the Cowboys, with the injury issues on offense and with the backup quarterback course can match what.
Speaker 4: Young offensive line.
Speaker 7: And they are fourth in touchdowns by the way, with forty one.
Speaker 6: I looked that up today.
Speaker 4: So we don't we need to hold them to field goals.
Speaker 5: That's what we need.
Speaker 7: You better hold them to something and hold on to something and hold on to Burrow.
Speaker 5: And by the way, they their kicker is on injured reserved and so they have signed Kaid York who's a local product, either mckennye or prosper somewhere around here. He suld be doing the kicking duties. Evan McPherson was placed on IR this week.
Speaker 3: Is the state of Texas just taking over all the professional sports.
Speaker 4: What the hell is going on?
Speaker 3: Every time you read somebody out they're from the area. We're talking from the state. We're talking about from the area alone, Frisco, Oak Cliff, DeSoto, McKinnie, dang Man, DNA.
Speaker 5: It's football country. That's right, baby, it was back in your day too.
Speaker 4: It's no doubt.
Speaker 5: Think about your team, no doubt.
Speaker 3: You know the most famous player I played against besides Ricky Me and Joe Green shut up in high school, okay, Billy Don Jackson.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, Sherman Sherman's that was us.
Speaker 5: That's like my knowledge there.
Speaker 4: Oh I knew, you know. I mean, who doesn't know about Billy.
Speaker 6: Don Jackson play Billy Simms.
Speaker 4: No in high school I'm talking, yes, but I'm talking high school.
Speaker 7: No.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, no, I'm not that old, Okay.
Speaker 5: And when we come back on mix shots, we will let you know who Billy Done Jackson.
Speaker 3: Star Sports Tours is the only official fan travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekend travel packages with pregame, sideline access and photo ops with current players, cheerleaders, and Cowboy legends. You want to stay at the team Hotel, Attend the best tail gay party in Texas. Tour the Star and talk x'es and o's with me Everson Walls. With Star Sports Tours, you can visit Cowboys Travel dot com to book your travel package today.
Speaker 11: Hey Cowboy fans, I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys. But lately I've been learning a new game. Crypto sound confusing, Don't worry. Even US pros were rookies and crypto once. That's why I trust blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help.
Speaker 6: You win slides for the first down.
Speaker 11: Investigate your icons where everyone is a rookie in crypto witholockchain dot Com perfect throw.
Speaker 5: My goodness, wow, did he ever thread the needle?
Speaker 11: Visit blockchain dot com slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 12: Hey y'all, Matt Pittman of Meat Church here. With football season kicking off, I'm already gear enough to bring the smoker back to AT and T Stadium for some epic tailgates. But with that Texas heat, it's crucial to keep my beer handcramping cold. That's where Yeti's insulated colster can cooler comes in clutch. This year, you can even get them with the iconic star engraved on the side. Licensed Yeti Cowboys gear is now available at stadium pro shops, concessions and on yetti dot com. Check it out today YETI official cooler and drinkware of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 10: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor in combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the armed forces since the Civil War. Fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire America. It's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes. Learn more and get involved at mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 6: To mix shots.
Speaker 3: Holiday Stadium Tours celebrate the holiday season at at and T Stadium. Get a tour of the home of the Dallas Cowboys, plus your photo with Santa and missus Claus from December tenth through the fourteenth. Limit to inventory is available. Secure your tickets today at at T Stadium dot com. Slash Toursky.
Speaker 5: You want to know a little something about Billy Don Jackson.
Speaker 6: I think people are waiting on the edge of their shit.
Speaker 5: He was out of Sherman and went to UCLA and he wound up. He actually played in the USFL in nineteen eighty three or eighty four for the Boston Breakers.
Speaker 4: Your memory get from there to go ahead?
Speaker 5: Well I jumped, yes you did. Let's see, this is a story from nineteen eighty one, when he was twenty two years old. That's when he was charged with a crime.
Speaker 4: He was charged with a crime before he was twenty two years old.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he standout defensive lineman for UCLA from nineteen seventy seven to nineteen eighty So we don't need any get into the details.
Speaker 4: Well, let's then I get into it. But I'll say this, that was a grown ass man.
Speaker 5: When you think of their that you said, he is the best player.
Speaker 4: That I played against in high school.
Speaker 5: In high school, Okay, yeah, all right.
Speaker 4: Well he was ahead of his time position entire defensive line.
Speaker 3: That's how he was. We had a guy, Scott Krueger. He was your size and he played guard. And I don't know why he played guard, but he was about your.
Speaker 6: Height, your size because he was slow, like me.
Speaker 4: Yeah he was.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was.
Speaker 3: It was bad, and so Billy Don was just I remember the play. He just he picked him up. He almost picked him up like a kid.
Speaker 5: It was.
Speaker 3: That's how sure he was, and that's how big Billy Don was. He almost picked up like kid. He set him aside, and he proceeded to just tear up our entire offense. I recall we were so afraid of Sherman that our coach parked i'd say about half a mile from the stadium and he said, guys, we're gonna go live in warm ups so so that we can be warmed up for the game because they started off real fast. So we said, he said, we're gonna go live doing warm up. I'm running if I'm playing wide receiver, my defensive back, buddy, he cuts me down in warm up as I run it out route. I mean, he came low and did all of that. So we were so ready for him for the first kickoff because we're supposed to start off fast. They started off with a ninety nine kickoff return and I stopped him at the one yard line.
Speaker 4: Thank god.
Speaker 3: But that was silly because of course the next play he just jumped over everybody like rained here and the onslaught began.
Speaker 5: All right, let's talk about Cincinnati Bengals's not more.
Speaker 6: To hope that love slot doesn't begin early?
Speaker 4: Learn right?
Speaker 6: So I gave you that.
Speaker 4: That tell me about their running backs?
Speaker 2: Guys?
Speaker 4: What's going on with their running game? Is it good? Is it existed?
Speaker 6: Chase Chase Brown out of Illinois?
Speaker 5: Now they had a tandem. Zack Moss is uninjured reserve, out for the year. And but Chase Brown, he was a fifth round draft pick last year. I like him as a complimentary back.
Speaker 4: How's he playing?
Speaker 5: He has six hundred and seventy seven yards rushing, averaging four and a half yards to carry, six touchdowns. We could use them on this team. Is that what you're saying?
Speaker 6: Well, how about this twelve carry is kind of doubtle?
Speaker 5: Like Zach twelve carries seventy yards against Pittsburgh his last game. What did Dwdell have against Pittsburgh? He nineteen carries for eighty seven yards or something like that.
Speaker 6: So Zach Moss is on ir? Is that what you said?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 6: So they've got two guys that have carried the ball more than one time, Chase Brown and Joe Burrow. Everybody else has one carry.
Speaker 5: Wow, So that is not running back by committee.
Speaker 4: And you have to be careful with Joe. He's got legs. Oh yeah, he's got legs.
Speaker 6: He's run for two touchdowns.
Speaker 4: He is not afraid to tuck it and go for the go for the chains.
Speaker 6: Now they've given up sixteen rushing touchdowns.
Speaker 4: Can we get on track here?
Speaker 6: Well, the Cowboys got four?
Speaker 5: Okay, did I go through my Rico Dowdle stuff yesterday? How many if you get even nineteen carries in a game, what's the Cowboys record?
Speaker 4: You never mentioned that.
Speaker 5: If you give Rico Dawdle at least nineteen carries in a game this season, what's the Cowboys record? Undefeated, unbeaten three?
Speaker 6: You know how many times has he done it?
Speaker 5: Three times three? You know carries not just carries, Those are carries.
Speaker 6: Well, that just run it nineteen times, right, that's.
Speaker 5: Just the same old thing you did with him.
Speaker 4: It just look at this, guys.
Speaker 3: If you're going to play a team like let's say you played the Cowboys last year, which is what Cincin Night looks like this year in regards to production from the quarterback position or offense period, you just try and run the ball and keep him off the field.
Speaker 4: Right, you're trying to limit the amount of minut.
Speaker 6: Of what Nate's key to key to victory was or what was it?
Speaker 4: Picked? The click?
Speaker 7: It was time was a possession and you know what, that's what it turned out to be.
Speaker 5: Okay, So Rico his last two games against the Giants, on Thanksgiving he had twenty two carries for one hundred and twelve yards and a touchdown. Against Washington he had nineteen carries for eighty six yards. And then that Pittsburgh game he had twenty carries for eighty seven yards. So that is a total in those three games, sixty one carries for two hundred and eighty five yards. It's four point seven yards of carry.
Speaker 3: Is that enough for us to say we don't need another starting running back?
Speaker 6: You mean for next year, for any time?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 6: No, I think you're still going to try to get one.
Speaker 5: Okay, Now he's a free agent.
Speaker 6: He's a free agent, and he's Zeke's a free agent.
Speaker 5: And Rico will be twenty seven years old next year.
Speaker 6: Dalvin Cook be free agent.
Speaker 5: Emmitt Smith back in the day, seen Dalvin Cook. I forgot he wasn't seen him since the Atlanta game.
Speaker 6: Basically, right, he was gonna save the day.
Speaker 5: EMMITTT Smith. When you gave emmittt twenty carries? What was the record? You don't know the record us? Probably I did all this research. Just dismiss it.
Speaker 4: But you're gonna tell me that's gonna surprise us what you tell us about I didn't say it was a surprise.
Speaker 5: You're supposed to be surprised that someone who would do the due diligence to do the research on this for thirty years later one right, ninety seven wins and twenty five losses in his career When Emmett got twenty carries in a game, that's an eighty percent winning percentage. When Emmett got twenty.
Speaker 4: Carries, oh they would be higher.
Speaker 5: Ninety seven and twenty five. Well, you got a factor in some of those. Okay, I need to pare it down to when they were winning super.
Speaker 7: Or when they weren't falling behind by twenty points, because then he ain't getting all them cares.
Speaker 4: Well, you didn't do that much with that team, You didn't fall behind.
Speaker 5: Right, So how much of it with Rico then? Is he got the twenty carries because they got a head.
Speaker 6: I would imagine every time.
Speaker 5: The Pittsburgh game, it was a nip and tuck game, right, But what did happen when you go back and look at the losing streak is in the third quarter of those games the Cowboys were it was disastrous. San Francisco game, you had the interception on the first possession of the of the second half and it became a you.
Speaker 4: Have something like penalty on the kickoff.
Speaker 5: As well, that's right, exactly crazy, that's exactly right. And Atlanta game you had the fake punt okay, which gave him a short field. But basically, what happened when you abandoned a run in both of those those back to back games, you abandoned the run well because of the mistakes, because and those were tight games as opposed to the Detroit game. You abandoned the run because you were behind by so much. Philadelphia game was a tight game.
Speaker 7: At the half it was fourteen to six, Philadelpha was Philadelphia, and then it was twenty eight to six. So you abandoned the run.
Speaker 3: And we still have this problem in the second half of kind of getting out of kilt offensively.
Speaker 4: It seems to me.
Speaker 3: That's why the Giants were able to stay in the game because of the mistakes that we kept making in the third quarter and in the second half.
Speaker 7: So that's something we forty nine ers scored twenty one points in the third quarter.
Speaker 4: And based on those shooting ourselves in the foot every time.
Speaker 6: Of a ten to six game, I'm going to continue.
Speaker 5: The boys did in that Philadelphia game. On their first possession, they had a three and out. Okay, it's a fourteen to six game, as you said, and then the Cowboys on their first possession of the third quarter gave it to Rico on the first play for one yard, threw it to Rico for one yard, and then threw it to Jaylen Tolbert for one yard punt, and it was a Cooper de Jene thirty two yard pup return that put them in position at the thirty seven and away we go thirty seven yards at eight plays, it's twenty one to six. Then the next possession complete t Rico for two, complete to Ferguson for three, incomplete underthrow CD punt, and then Philadelphia scores again, and there she goes.
Speaker 6: So your point is they better run the ball and score a bunch of points.
Speaker 3: And second half they're away from mistakes in the second half.
Speaker 6: So I give you my.
Speaker 7: Team records for team scoring tenty three or more points?
Speaker 6: Did I do that yesterday?
Speaker 5: Do you have it at the ready or yes I do? Okay, if you have it at the ready, we'll do it now.
Speaker 7: Not counting Cincinnati teams scoring thirty three points or more. The other thirty one teams are fifty three and one. Wow, Cincinnati scoring thirty three or more, they're two and four. Think about that, and the Cowboys have contributed to the fifty three.
Speaker 5: They're two to zero, and they're the only the second team in NFL history to lose four games in a season in which they've scored more than thirty points in those games. City did it in two thousand and two.
Speaker 4: The offense off the field, that's just the game plan. You got to keep the offense off more.
Speaker 5: You can make them a record setter all to themselves a fifth time that they lose scoring thirty or more.
Speaker 3: I would imagine without attempt to keep them off the field, it still will be the same thing. But that gives us the best chance. It gives us the best chance we have to minimize the amount of time that they are on the field and minimize the big plays, right, got to minimize the big plays.
Speaker 6: You better minimize Joe Burrow and that's.
Speaker 4: Where the big plays come from.
Speaker 5: You know what, I get the feeling listening to Mickey all week talking about this vaunted Cincinnati offense that when it is time for us to make our picks, Mickey is going to pick the Bengals.
Speaker 4: Oh, He's never going to do that.
Speaker 5: Well, you know what, I have a feeling. I have a feeling.
Speaker 6: Usually when I do that it's wrong.
Speaker 5: I have a feeling Mickey is gonna pick the Bengals to win this game. Let's find out when we come back next on mix Shots.
Speaker 12: Hey y'all, Matt Pittman of Meat Church here with football season kicking off, I'm already gear enough to bring the smoker back to AT and T Stadium for some epic tailgates. But with that Texas heat, it's crucial to keep my beer hand cramping cold. That's where Yeti's insulated Colster Kankhuler comes in clutch this year. You can even get them with the iconic star engraved on the side. Licensed Yettie Cowboys gears now available at stadium pro shops, concessions, and on Yetie dot com. Check it out today. Yeti official cooler and drinkware of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 11: Hey Cowboy fans, I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys. But lately I've been learning a new game. Crypto sound confusing, Don't worry. Even us pros were rookies and crypto once. That's why I trust blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help you win.
Speaker 2: Truscotts it slides for.
Speaker 11: The first down, investigate your icons where everyone is a rookie in crypto with blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 5: Perfect grow my goodness, Wow did he ever thread the needles?
Speaker 11: Visit blockchain dot com Slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 3: Star Sports Tools is the only official fan travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekend travel packages with pregame, sideline access and photo ops with current players, cheerleaders and Cowboy legends. You want to stay at the team hotel, attend the best tail game party in Texas, tour the Star.
Speaker 4: And talk x'es and ods with me Everson Walls with Star.
Speaker 3: Sports Tours You can visit cowboystravel dot com to book your travel package.
Speaker 13: Today Cowboys football and Miller Lite. What a pairing can cracks a kickoff tailgates going way past postgame Sunday night overtimes, followed by Monday Morning Swagger Brisket and the Smoker. Miller Lite and the Clock, America's team playing America's greatest sports. Miller Lite the only beer of the Dallas Cowboys. Dallas Cowboys Football taste like Miller Time, Celebrate Responsibly. Twenty twenty three Miller Brown Company, Fort Worth, Texas.
Speaker 6: Devict shuts.
Speaker 3: The twenty twenty five NFL Pro Bowl Games are taking over Orlando, and the roster is up to you. Cast your ballots for the twenty twenty five Pro Bowl Games. Vote and send you a favorite Dallas Cowboys players to compete in the Ultimate AFC Versus NFC Showdown this February. Vote now at probo dot com slash.
Speaker 5: Vote Mickey, did you go out to the practice field during the media availability just moments ago to see who's out there?
Speaker 7: I did not, and I certainly need to know that to make a legitimate pick, because Ceedee Lamb did not practice.
Speaker 5: He's out there today. He is got breaking news, but breaking news.
Speaker 6: What about Brandon Cooks.
Speaker 5: Oh, I'm going to have to do some searching and see about Brandon Cooks.
Speaker 7: Somebody didn't give you just a summary of it.
Speaker 5: I haven't found that yet.
Speaker 6: Trayvon Diggs, Trayvon.
Speaker 5: Diggs is he is out there stretching, stretching as I speak right now. That's the last I've seen he was stretching. Let me check someone else here and see if they got a better report.
Speaker 4: Seed is not this game. He is not missing this game.
Speaker 5: Monday Night Football. You know that the Cowboys have been on Monday Night Football every year except for three years, since Monday Night Football started in nineteen seventy.
Speaker 6: We got six minutes, So go out there and check it out.
Speaker 4: What did we say eighty.
Speaker 5: Nine that you're trying to pick the years that the Cowboys have not been on Monday Night Football?
Speaker 4: You got nineteen eighty That was my that was my pick. Well you got that one right, Yeah, we got that one right. What's the other one?
Speaker 5: Got two more?
Speaker 4: Two more?
Speaker 6: You want to let me just tell you?
Speaker 5: Yes, No, Bill, I have no idea.
Speaker 4: Okay, I don't want to play that, Okay.
Speaker 6: Nineteen ninety.
Speaker 5: They did not that that was easy because it came the year after nineteen and two, two thousand and two, and that came in the midst of five and eleven five and eleven five and eleven.
Speaker 4: There you go.
Speaker 5: It was only three years.
Speaker 4: Because of those losing seasons.
Speaker 14: Yes, and I think Mickey before we came back, said the strike year. Well I went and looked eight nineteen eighty seven, right, strike here.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they actually played.
Speaker 14: Three times on Monday night during the strike here.
Speaker 5: So that's because the Cowboys actually had some players, the regular players probably right crossing the picket like we had a lot.
Speaker 4: I'm that's my fault, zeez. Talking about leadership.
Speaker 14: They played, they played the Rams the what weeks Washington?
Speaker 5: You know the weeks? I have the dates, So just what were the dates?
Speaker 14: Ten nineteen eighty seven they lost to the Washington Yeah, that was after the strike one team nineteen eighty seven.
Speaker 5: Yeah, October nineteenth would have been after the Yeah, okay, yes, there was a three game.
Speaker 15: Stretch there game win September Okay, so then it was all after So then eleven November two and then twelve twenty one eight.
Speaker 5: Nice contribution there, Producer Supreme appreciated. Were Mickey out the practice field and now he's far.
Speaker 6: Down the other end. I couldn't really see you.
Speaker 5: Okay, Back in nineteen ninety two when you went to USC to the Bills practice, did you come back with a pool report that said they were too far away? I couldn't really see.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 6: I saw I was on the side. Okay, Well I'm not on the sideline here.
Speaker 7: I'm one hundred yards away and people are standing on the side right.
Speaker 6: What a goof?
Speaker 3: There are big bags sped up with this week. This week bags has been He's just just that close to the.
Speaker 4: Top popping off.
Speaker 6: I might be more than a hundred yards away.
Speaker 4: I believe you might be.
Speaker 6: Down on the twenty yard line.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 6: Somebody said he one out there, but he was limited.
Speaker 5: This is yesterday. This is which player are we talking about? Diggs?
Speaker 4: I think Diggs is gonna come out and have a good.
Speaker 5: Trayvon Diggs is stretching out at Cowboys practice today.
Speaker 6: He was limited yesterday.
Speaker 5: Okay, here is a picture of him.
Speaker 6: By himself, by himself down by.
Speaker 5: The pylon, stretching.
Speaker 6: That looks encouraging.
Speaker 7: So anyway, so chances are they're going to have to elevate.
Speaker 6: Uh over Warrea then who started and he's ready to go?
Speaker 7: Yeah, so you know what, they only get eight elevations off the i R. If he's elevated, that's six, and they're saving one for DeMarcus Lawrence, which is seven.
Speaker 6: Who's still out there three hats.
Speaker 5: So you get three for an individual player.
Speaker 7: But there's also no no elevations off of injured reserve.
Speaker 5: Off injured reserve.
Speaker 6: Okay, you only get a right.
Speaker 4: Okay, so you're saying, what then they.
Speaker 7: Would have one left if Lawrence and is elevated off of injured reserve?
Speaker 4: And would that include Diggs playing on that?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 6: No, no, he's not on i R.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's talking about is on ir right now. And it's not like there's an unlimited number of activations that you can make throughout the season from injured res.
Speaker 6: That's which one I forgot to Jordan Phillips.
Speaker 7: What about they put them on injured reserve, remember with the risk, and then they elevated, activated, activated, and then they got rid of it, but that activation counted.
Speaker 5: Interesting, Yeah, so you know you know why they activated so they can get and hope well and also in hopes that.
Speaker 6: Somebody would take them, right. Did they cut him or did he get traded?
Speaker 5: You know, he wound up getting cut after the trade.
Speaker 6: After the trade didn't. Yeah, they hung on to No.
Speaker 5: One bit and.
Speaker 4: We we we screwed that pooch.
Speaker 7: So it's important that Diggs is capable of playing in this game, considering who they're playing.
Speaker 4: And considering I have him as my pick to clip.
Speaker 5: Let's get to it. Pick to click Diggs.
Speaker 4: Diggs, Yes, that's my pick to clip.
Speaker 3: He is going to have a nice competition against Chase, not just Chase.
Speaker 4: They got a couple of other really good wide receivers.
Speaker 3: I don't think he'll he doesn't follow people around, does he.
Speaker 5: They don't have him, especially not coming off of probably.
Speaker 6: Not off of his injury.
Speaker 3: But I look for them to attack him with multiple receivers in that case, and I look for him to survive, not just survive.
Speaker 4: He's going to get what he is fourth pick.
Speaker 6: Pick Digs probably third third pick this year. They don't have a bunch.
Speaker 3: I'm hoping it gets two because I think he's going to give up a touchdown, but that's going to be okay because he's gonna come back and redeem himself. I think the score is going to be since.
Speaker 6: We has he has two.
Speaker 4: We're all in the thirties. Now we know the thirties. Is that's right?
Speaker 3: The way to go? Thirty to thirty three? Cowboys going to win again, thirty to thirty three. Digs is going to get at least one interceptions?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 6: Thirty to oh?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 4: Is that okay?
Speaker 5: So the Bengals will become the first team in NFL history to have five losses where they've scored thirty or more points. Why Everson called it right here, forty three to thirty.
Speaker 7: And I'm going to go with my thirty three at least, so the Cowboys win thirty four to thirty three.
Speaker 4: So he picked the Cowboys.
Speaker 6: He thought he's going to pick the big thirty four thirty Cowboys. They're going to score points in this game.
Speaker 5: When was the last time Joe Burrow played at AT and T Stadium? And who's your pick? Click?
Speaker 7: Oh, I guess it's going to be somebody on offense, right if.
Speaker 5: They're getting thirty four points unless they they've been known to have.
Speaker 6: Me give me the very proud ceed lamb m.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 6: He doesn't want Chase to outdo him.
Speaker 5: M I like there you go.
Speaker 4: I like that he's getting his numbers.
Speaker 7: Last time they played here, Last time they played here. Twenty seventeen, twenty twenty two, second game of the season. Dak had gone out with the injury the end of the Tampa Bay game, and it was Cooper Rush's first start in place of Dak Prescott.
Speaker 5: Second game of the season. Joe Burrow and the Bengals come in here. And who won that game? The Dallas Cowboys twenty to seventeen walk walk off fifty yard field goal. Bretton Maher.
Speaker 6: Well, let's break this way.
Speaker 7: If they hold Cincinnati to seventeen points, they'll win.
Speaker 6: Okay, and that ain't happen all right?
Speaker 5: You want to change my pick, then.
Speaker 6: Oh, go ahead, take twenty to seventeen.
Speaker 5: Okay. The Bengals are so good at scoring thirty points. Well, how about the Cowboys scored thirty points and beat the Bengals thirty to twenty seven on a walk off. What's the NFL record? Sixty six? Sixty six? Justin Tucker, because Aubrey tied it in the preseason. Well, he six days after his baby was born.
Speaker 4: That that's going to happen with my score? He's going to do the walk.
Speaker 6: Off, didn't He hit sixty six and they took it off.
Speaker 5: And then they took it off the board in the regular season game too.
Speaker 4: That's going to happen with my score.
Speaker 5: So it's a sixty six yard field goal by Brandon to Aubrey to win thirty to twenty seven. And the Cowboys will have, just like in twenty twenty two, six sacks of Joe Burrow be enough. Michael Parsons will have two of them, just like he did in twenty.
Speaker 6: Twenty two, and they'll be six and seven okay in the hunt.
Speaker 5: So my pick to click.
Speaker 4: Is which one Aubrey or Michael Pausson's Jake Ferguson.
Speaker 5: Jake Ferguson comes off, not off injured reserve, but off of a concussion protocol to finally score a touchdown in this game. So they still have the red kettles out there, right, yeah, so he can dunk it. Well, No, his was the the bill.
Speaker 6: Oh whack them, whack them off.
Speaker 5: So he's got some new tight end teammates. The whack of moment.
Speaker 4: That was probably the most creative.
Speaker 6: Last night they did the same thing. I can't remember one of you guys pointed out.
Speaker 7: During the broadcast they put the NFC playoff picture and they had all the teams in the hunt, including San Francisco at five and seven.
Speaker 6: Cowboys weren't up there.
Speaker 5: W that's just outrageous. Can you imagine that should be motivation?
Speaker 7: But you know what, I guess they put them up there because the division they're in. The leaders are seven and five and the other next.
Speaker 5: Two, so they they're in contingent for the division, not for the wild card.
Speaker 6: Well it didn't say that, it said playoffs. That's all I saw.
Speaker 4: Well, they are full of crap.
Speaker 6: And you heard it here on shots.
Speaker 5: All right, and as we leave you big football weekend, who's uh, this is little bonus coverage here? Who's winning the league? Know who's winning the big twelve championship game? I always stayed at Arizona State tonight, that's tomorrow, tomorrow, that's tomorrow at eleven am. Who's winning that game? I always state Arizona State. Looks okay, So you got Arizona State to qualify for the twelve team playoff. At three o'clock, you got the SEC championship game. You got Georgia against Texas, who wins Texas.
Speaker 6: Got that's going to be a good one, Yeah, Texas, Texas.
Speaker 5: Okay, So Texas gets a first round by at seven o'clock on CBS, it's the Big Ten Championship Penn State and Oregon.
Speaker 4: Penn State is gonna beat them.
Speaker 5: Oh Oregon gets knocked off, which means Texas will move up to the number one seed in the tournament. Got right? Okay?
Speaker 6: Oh yeah?
Speaker 5: And then the big one, the ac ceed Championship game in Charlotte, the SMU Mustangs against the Clemson Tigers. Who wins that one?
Speaker 4: SMBU is going to kill them all?
Speaker 5: Dallas and s MUN gets the first round by. And here's what I'm rooting for, because there's going to be a national semifinal at the Cotton Bowl when the when the playoff tournament gets released, I want to see s m U and Texas with a chance to play each other at the Cotton Bowl in the national semifinal.
Speaker 6: That'd be the sweetest thing ever, that would be.
Speaker 5: So there you go.
Speaker 7: And the regional women's volleyball final today with.
Speaker 3: This against about that, with this random.
Speaker 6: Hey we're a volleyball.
Speaker 5: Who's the goofball today?
Speaker 4: Today? It's that all right.
Speaker 5: That does it for a fabulous football fight song Friday. Enjoy your championship weekend, and we chat at you again on Tuesday after a Cowboys win over Cincinnati on Monday.
Speaker 4: Night, Go Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football clubby