Speaker 1: The volume. The eighty two game preseason is in the books, and it is finally time for the real season. Don't miss out on any NBA playoff action at DraftKings Sportsbook, an official sports betting partner of the NBA. From the play in tournament through the finals. Draft Kings Sportsbook as you covered with same game parlays, live betting, ods, boost and much more. Download the Draft Kings Sportsbook app. Use code Shannon. New customers can bear five dollars and get two hundred and bonus bets instantly. That's the code Shannon only on DraftKings.
Speaker 2: The Crown is yours.
Speaker 3: Gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler or in West Virginia visit one eight hundred gambler dot net. In New York call eight seven seven eight hop and wired text hope and y four six seven three six nine.
Speaker 2: In Connecticut, help.
Speaker 3: Is available for problem gambling called eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothell, Casino w and Resorting Kansas twenty one and over age varies by jurisdiction, Void and Ontario. Bonus beets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issueans See DKG dot co slash b ball for eligibility and depositive restrictions, terms and responsible gaming resources.
Speaker 1: The playoffs are upon us the best place to watch right there in person. Game Time is an authorized ticket marketplace for playoff basketball, which makes getting playoff tickets even easier and faster. Prices on game time app actually go down closer it gets to tip off with killer last minute deals, all in prices, views from your seat, the lords price guarantee game time. Take it the guests work out of buying tickets. Save even more when you choose a section and let game time. Choose to see the lower price guaranteed or game time will credit one and ten percent of the difference. Take the guests work out of buying playoff basketball tickets with game time. Download the game time out, create an account, use code Nightcap twenty dollars off your first purchase. Terms apply again. Creat an account. Redeem code nightcap nigt CAAP for twenty dollars off. Download game time today, last minute tickets, lowest price guaranteed. We have a game five. We have a game five. The Minnesota Chimberwood stave off elimination. Thank you for joining us for another episode of Nightcap. I am your favorite Unk Shining Sharp. Please make sure you hit that light button. Please make sure you hit that subscribe button. He's your favorite number eighty five. He's a route runner extraordinary. He's a Bengal Ring of Fame Artery, a legend in Cincinnati. He's from Liberty City. He's a pro bowler. He's an all pro. He's Chad o Cho Senko Risotto john Son. Thank you, guys for selling out Shade by Laportier. We're only taking pre orders.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Thank you for your patience as we clear up all backlog. Order Please please go follow my social media company, well excuse me, my media company on all platforms, shay Shape Media, and my clothing company eighty four, which I'm wearing the T shirt tonight. The link to the Nightcap Merchant pen at the top of the chat. Quantities are limited and they're selling out fast. And to show you our appreciation, guys, we've created an additional twenty percent off use code unk. That's an additional twenty percent off if you use the code unk. The Nightcap merch is pinned at the top of the chat Oh Cho. The Wolves beat the mav a man almost at a triple double. He had twenty nine points, ten rebounds, nine assists, the youngest player in NBA history to have one of those numbers in the elimination games. Cap what's the difference in the ball game? Shot nine to thirteen, four or five from the three point line, three or three from the free throw line. Although he was in foul trouble the majority of the night and he ended up filing out of the game, he gave them twenty five big points and I think he had like twenty twenty or twenty two in the second half. But they stave off elimination force the game five, and now they're going back to Minnesota trying to keep their playoff hope was a lot.
Speaker 4: Well, obviously they don't have to try anything because I told you what was gonna happen. They purposely allowed themselves to fall into a hole, and they're gonna shock the world.
Speaker 5: I told you now. The difference is the night game.
Speaker 4: But the difference in the first first two game first three, this was game four, Game three, This.
Speaker 2: Was game four.
Speaker 4: Okay, the difference in the first three games was there big two Kyrie and Luca. The difference in tonight game was goddamn ant Man and Cat Cat Game three, he was horrendous from three. Cat Tonight from three was phenomenal. Ant Man is gonna show you why he's a face of the league. I had a lot of people laughing at me making jokes. What makes you think he's a face of the league. They are zering three right now. He gonna show you. He's gonna show you My words never go wrong. And if I say the Wolves are gonna win in seven, they gonna win in seven.
Speaker 5: Now watch, it's never been done before. You witness in history.
Speaker 4: I'm telling you right now, Chat you witness, You're witnessing history. I'm never wrong on stuff like this.
Speaker 1: I think the difference in tonight's game. Kat was aggressive early. He didn't shoot a three ball until late yeah. And then he got the ball, he got the started posting up, he started driving the basketball, and then he saw the ball start to go in. And when the ball started to go in, he got gained more and more confidence and he shot those he wasn't forced. Hey, great swing passes. If you notice the night they ran the offense through ant Man and Man had nine assists. He did a great job. Yeah he had six turnovers, but you put him in a position that's that's normally Mike College job.
Speaker 2: They switched the defensive assignments.
Speaker 1: They put Jade and Daniels, Jayden McDaniels on Kyrie, They put ant Man on Luca. That seemed to work. Now what's gonna be the counter? What is gonna be Jason kids? Counter to what he saw tonight? But yeah, the Minnesota one, they played better. They got great production from their big two, and that's what you have to have.
Speaker 2: At some point in time.
Speaker 1: Your big two is gonna have to play the opposition is a big two, and tonight they did and they got them.
Speaker 2: They went on the road and they won a ball game.
Speaker 4: I got one small issue, one small issue. And man, I know you're gonna see this at some point, because y'all watch the show. When he puts the ball on the floor and he's able to drive from perimeter inside, when he's mid range, he keeps hesitating, He keeps he keeps hesitating after he's missing the shot, missing, after he's missed a shot or two. Man, don't hesitate, Man keep on shooting. Man pull the trigger. Every single time, every single time. There a few times where he beat his man off the perimeter. He gets inside mid range shot and instead of just just taking it, just shooting it, he passes it back out and trying to facilitate man shoots the shot, and it kind of looks like, even though I'm new to the game of basketball, it kind of looks like he's hesitating and it is not trusting his shot. In certain instances, he got he gotta let that thing go man.
Speaker 1: Just whether he did over passed the ball a couple of times, he's fifteen, he's a fifteen to ten feet away, Go ahead and take that shot. Yeah, hey, they trust you more than anybody else, So shoot the shot. If you make a miss, they'll live with that because you played well thus far. But I like the adjustment that they made. They put the ball in ant Man's hand. They let him like, bro, we need you to be aggressive. We need you to also open things up because they're gonna have to come to double team. And so now if you're gonna double team, and now you're gonna get Cat with some easy basket. Now you get Jade McDaniels making some easy basket. And so that's what you do. You make the offense a lot easier for everyone else when ant Man is aggressive, because they have to scramble to try to send two people at him, and somebody's gonna be wide open. I thought Mike Colly was aggressive early. Also, he did a great job in the first half of getting going. He got going early. At Man was extremely aggressive. He had fourteen points in the first quarter. Quarter yeaheah, But and then he got it going in the fourth quarter. Give those guys credit, O Joe. They found a way to win the game where no one really gave them a chance outside of that locker room. I'm sure some of their fans like, hey, we're gonna win this thing. But Dallas, Dallas, Dallas didn't play well. They didn't play. They seemed like they were lagging the whole night. Like Minnesota is just gonna lay down. Nobody wants to get swept. You see your heart getting down and played last night. Nobody needed to get swept.
Speaker 4: Listen, Luca scared me again, man, Like, yes, baby, I love you too, baby. Listen Luca, Luca scared me again tonight. Man, Yep, he scared me again tonight. Obviously, the pump fake get drawing Cat in, make forcing Cat the foul out, then tying it like, come on, man, what we're doing. And then I just talked about I just talked about Rudy saying why was Rudy Gobert in the game? In game three in that situation allowed Luca to hit that shot, and I said, well, it should have been Cat.
Speaker 5: Now it was Cat, and the same thing happened.
Speaker 1: Again were then, cause first of all, you don't want to give him a clean look at the basket.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And so Luca knows that.
Speaker 1: So once he picks up his dribble and and he hadn't shot, he hadn't shot the ball, he know Rudy's going to try to jump. So once he put pump facing Rudy's up in there, that was there was excuse me, Cat was up in there. And so once he pump fakes him, he knows, I got your daddy. Right now you're at my mercy because physics will allow you to jump and then turn you by the so you miss it. But I think we need to give him Minnesota a lot of credit. They did a great job on the glass. They out rebound him, although it's only by two. But I thought Cat was the difference in the ball game. Yes, ant Man was extremely aggressive. Twenty nine would have twenty eight points. No, he had twenty nine points, ten rebounds, nine assists. Yeah, but Cat only played thirty minutes and he was plus fifteen and plus minus twenty five points, five rebounds, one assist. I thought he did a great job of helping Aunt tonight because they needed it. They needed Cat. He could not have given them a performance like he's given them in the first three games.
Speaker 2: O joke team, They'd have been home no.
Speaker 1: Matter how good, no matter how good Aunt played, and Aunt played exceptional tonight. If Kat doesn't give you that you're going home, you are pretty late tonight.
Speaker 2: Lady, say Hi, why are you crying? Say Hi? Say what's up?
Speaker 5: Unk?
Speaker 2: Say what's up?
Speaker 1: Unc He said that I ain't got none to say. I ain't got nothing to say. Also live. I thought this would be a close game. I did think the Dallas would eke it out. But Lively is a different animal. He's more active around the basket than Gaffer. Than gafferd played well tonight, but to be able to rotate those big bodies, uh, they tried to go with the white Powe Luca looked at the bench twice, like get him out of here. He fumbled the ball one time, he didn't sit the correct screen, and so he Hukula looked at the bench for the second time. They took his ass out of the game and he didn't see any more action. Another thing, go Joe Kleeber just got back. He had a ac joint spring. If he's not gonna shoot the ball, he's no good to him his ability he is stretched. So if he can't make shots, why is he on the court, because they're not going to guard it. And he said that, you know, it still is still cumbersome. It hurts to shoot the ball. But if you're not gonna shoot the ball, they're playing five on four because you're not good enough in any other area. You're not a good defender, you're not a great rebounder, you're not a great facilitator. So you don't add anything else to the equation other than your ability you stretch the floor. And if you're not going to stretch the floor by shooting the basketball, what good are your services?
Speaker 5: Yeah, you just a liability at that point.
Speaker 1: So Minnesota stave off elimination. They send it back to Minnesota with a one oh five one hundred victory over the Dallas Mavericks at man twenty nine points, ten rebounds, nine to siss Mike Collin had fourteen points on three or four free throws, one of four from the free throw.
Speaker 2: Three point line.
Speaker 1: Cap twenty five twenty five big points, three or three from the free throw line, four or five from the three. They got thirteen points from and ten rebounds from Rudy Gobert. They got ten points from Jadon McDaniel's uh Niki Alexander had six points, Nas Reid had six and Kyle Anderson had two.
Speaker 4: And never forget, never forget. Like I said, Chad, stay with me now wolves and seven. You got every We are witnessing history and it will be made.
Speaker 2: I don't nobody that that coach r I don't show.
Speaker 1: It's time for our first segment of the night, and it's called a news cap.
Speaker 5: News cap. Yeah yeah, go baby, Go baby baby.
Speaker 1: The Celtics week the Pacers and route to the finals of the Celtics on where they're supposed to be. They were fourteen games above and six point seven better than any other team in the Eastern Conference. And you know when you got JT First Team All the NBA Jalen Brown, who was the lad Bird Recipient, which means he was the Eastern Conference Finals MVP. Now they're heading to the finals having lost two games through the first three round, the fewest of any finalists in the last seven years. As we mentioned, Jalen Brown average twenty nine points a game on fifty two percent shooting, five rebounds, three as since he made the biggest shot of the series when he hit a game tying three in Game one, who knows how the series would have changed, how it would have turned out field. They definitely would have been playing a game five at the bare minimum. But he's the finals of the Eastern Conference Finals MVP. The last couple of games, JT really picked up his scoring, but it was Derek White again making a big three in the corner that puts him up by three. And the thing is, O, Joe, if you're watching this, watch this game last night. The Pacers an imposition, but the ending Brench shows his head again. Turnovers and turnovers, turnovers, you.
Speaker 4: Got it, and on top and on top of those turnovers, the Celtics got points off of those turnovers. Turnovers, turnovers as well. I think the funny thing. But the Pacers fort the Pacers fought very very very very very well and trying to do all they can to make sure it wasn't a sweet But obviously without Halliburton it was already a tall task if he was playing, but without him playing, it was it was almost impossible. But they did play well.
Speaker 5: I don't I don't want to get his name the wrong way.
Speaker 4: Oh hey boy, young hey young bull, young young hey, young bull. Left it all on the court last night. He left it all in the court last night. He played, He played well, He played really well. They got a player, he got They got a player. Now we've seen him take big shots. That big shot that he hit against the Knicks and what was that Game three, he'll be big shot. A couple of years ago, I think he hit a big shot against the Lakers that beat them at the game was tied and uh or they were up one, Lakers were up one, and he ends up hitting a three and winning the game. So he's not afraid to take and make big shots. But I was very I was very excited to see how well he played.
Speaker 1: He's a young player. Yeah, you have some unfortunate turnovers, and some crucial situations. But he'll learn from that and uh, he'll be a better player for it. But I like, I like uh, I like the way he played. And this team mm hmmm, they get they got to make it to being something special. They could be good. Now, you know, everybody's gonna you know, free agency is about to hit and the next month or so and the next thing, Hey, we can make it, we can make we can lure somebody, uh in free agency. I'm sure the Sixers are saying, hey, we can lure somebody in free agency. Miami is definitely pat Riley is always looking to lure someone in Miami. Compare with Jimmy Butler and Bam and so it's going be very very interesting to see how this thing shakes out.
Speaker 2: But congratulations to the Indiana Pacers. They did.
Speaker 1: They put up a value and effort. But the Celtics were just too good down the stretch and the clutch situations. And that's what I wanted to see because far too many times in the regular season we've seen them lose games like they won games won three and four.
Speaker 2: So give those guys credit.
Speaker 1: They're moving on to their twenty third NBA Finals tried to break the tie they have. Both the Lakers and the Celtics have seventeen championships apiece. Now it's the quest for.
Speaker 4: Eighteen and this is the year for Jason Tatum. Huh, he got to do it this year. So there is the championship a bus.
Speaker 1: It's always no as always, that's the Celtics. I mean certain teams you know, that's Lebron, that's Step that's KD Championship of bus. I mean what are you playing for? I mean, you got all the accolades. You've won MVPs, you won finals, you won scoring titles, you've been All NBA, You've been an All Star game.
Speaker 2: So what are you playing for now? That's it? Jason Tatum.
Speaker 1: You a three time first team All NBA selection, You've been an All Star, You're going to the Olympics. What are you playing for now? If it's not championships? So yes, absolutely, it's championship or bus.
Speaker 5: Yeah go, Mommy want you.
Speaker 1: Gordon Hayward's wife had a lot to say on IG today. Robin Hayward said, why trade for someone and not play them? Missed it by not integrating him. Since I have time today before the trade Gordon told Sam he didn't think the trade made sense, So how can he miss when a player told you, again, Hi, Brody, not sure if you know this, but you need a ball in order to shoot.
Speaker 5: Hey, I like that.
Speaker 4: I like that the wife, the wife coming to the defense of the player, and obviously you do need the vall shit. I know Gordon Hayward a little bit, not personally, obviously. The few games that I have watched before I started doing Nightcap, and I've seen him play. If I'm not mistaken, he's a he's a good perimeter shooter. He's good from three, if I'm not mistaken. I've seen him when he's with the Hornets, right with the Hornets at one point. Yeah, yeah, you know, the decent player. So I'm not sure how it's come to this point where he's not efficient or effective. And if he was traded on the team, they traded for him for a reason, so why wasn't he used in the right way?
Speaker 1: Man said, I made a mistake. You ever made a mistake? You have bought something to say, Man, I shouldn't have bought that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but that's not nice to say, especially at the GM.
Speaker 4: Then you're in that position that listen, listen to me a position of power and that there are certain things that you're supposed to keep it.
Speaker 1: I see when when when when I say that about player, you get upset with me? When coaches say certain things about players, you get upset. Why are you getting up saying that they telling the truth? You say telling the truth set your free?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean telling the truth will set you free. But is it right for a person in his position to say something like that about a player because you know other players see stuff like that and.
Speaker 5: Be like, you know what, Hell, no, I don't want to get him.
Speaker 2: Oh that's how they didn't say he was a bad player, he said. Based on what he said. Listen, what happened?
Speaker 1: He said, we were a different team than when we got him because guys started to play better. If guy's starting to play better, what am I gonna do? So I'm gonna take him out, or I'm gonna take Jayalen Williams out, or I'm gonna take Chad out, or I'm gonna take Lou Dorrit out. Let's be real. Gordon Hayward hadn't been the same since he broke that leg in Boston. Let's be all the way real. Yeah, he had great he had great seasons in Utah. Yes, bro man, it's been a long time since Utah. We gotta stop this note. Sam Presty said, look, we made a mistake. I missed on that one. He can't be perfect. I mean he traded, he traded for shape, he drafted Jaylen Wieds, he drafted Chat I mean every other thing that he's done. He got what he could out of the rough trade he brought Chris paul In traded him, got some more compensation.
Speaker 2: I think he's done a great job.
Speaker 1: All he's saying, he's not saying Gordon Hayward is a bad player. He said I missed because coming here we got better and there was no room for him to play.
Speaker 5: I don't like that.
Speaker 4: There's always room, there's always a room for a player of his caliber.
Speaker 5: How do we know the opportunity?
Speaker 1: Why Shawna traded me? If he's that Why Charlotte trade him? If he's that player, Why Boston traded him? If he's that player.
Speaker 4: When Charlotte was dumping. Charlotte was dumping at that time in rebuilding. If I'm not mistaken, right rebuilding, what the house already point exactly.
Speaker 1: Think about it. Remember he was wasn't he hold on? Wasn't he deal with Jaylen Brown and Jason Tatum and big Al?
Speaker 2: Yeah, how that worked out for him? So why is he not in Boston?
Speaker 5: You're sure?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 4: I mean, listen, the game of basketball is different, and it's all about what you've done for me lately. Unless you're a super, super duperstar, then you really ain't going nowhere unless you force your hand and you want out.
Speaker 2: It's like d Rose. D Rose wasn't the same player after he towards me.
Speaker 1: Gordon Hayward was not the same player after he broke his leg.
Speaker 2: He just wasn't. He wasn't.
Speaker 1: Nobody in the chat, even the staunches Gordon Hayward fan, will tell you he's not the same player, not even closed. He's a shell of himself. And could he have been the seventh guy? But that's not what he's making. It seem like he should have been the sixth man in the starting rotation.
Speaker 2: Bro, that's not you anymore.
Speaker 5: And ah, that's that's tough.
Speaker 4: How's it talk up and stuff? Because I'm I'm I'm sitting here thinking about the players. I'm not saying he's Adrian Peterson. But Adrian Peterson towards a c L and came back. It was still that. Yeah, but you know, I'm thinking about have been injured before Kevin Durant. Kevin Durant towards Achilles, came back and was still that. To tell me, to tell me, tell me, mister Gordon broke his leg and came back and all of a sudden.
Speaker 2: He's not.
Speaker 1: Let me ask your question. When Dack rose to his knee, was he ever that same player?
Speaker 5: And not listen, Derek, I'm.
Speaker 1: Was he the same player? We know he was special, so we know he's special. It was he the same It.
Speaker 4: Took away, it took away some of his skill and ability and the explosion that he did had.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, So what about So what about Gordon Hayward?
Speaker 5: What so?
Speaker 1: What did Gordon Hayward average in Utah? He was like a twenty point score? He made the All Star team.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Me, personally, I thought he was overvalue from the jump.
Speaker 1: That's just me personally watching the game, watching him play, I thought he was overvalue. Okay, the Celtics thought it would be a great acquisition. Okay, fine, I ain't got no problem with that.
Speaker 2: But go.
Speaker 1: Uh, his last couple of years in Utah, what the average he was like a twenty and twenty and six guy? Twenty two? Yeah, twenty two five, twenty two, five and three? Okay in Boston? What was his best year in Boston?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: He made the All Star team his last year in Utah. That's how he got that MAX contract. He probably should have stayed there, but okay, he wanted to win. He didn't think he could win in Utah. I got no problem with that. I commend the guy for giving up that fifth year in going to Boston because he thought they had a better chance of winning. He broke his leg like the first game, like the first game of the season. Next teak the average seventeen he had, he averaged eleven, then seventeen. Went to Charlotte average twenty.
Speaker 5: See you see.
Speaker 2: Fifteen. Okay, after twenty see Charlotte fifteen nine?
Speaker 4: All right, Hello, are we understanding why those numbers are decreasing because the playing time is decreasing as well. I don't think I'm just personally, I don't think there's anything wrong with Gordon Hayward. I just think he's not getting the playing time that's needed to score the twenty to score the nineteen.
Speaker 5: That's all.
Speaker 4: And I know him, I know him right, I know I'm right, because you just don't fall for goddamn Cliff simply because you.
Speaker 5: Broke you got.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sometimes you're not you're not the same player.
Speaker 1: I mean, it was a It's not like he had great athletic system to begin with.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that trop I'm assuming he's a perimeter show now range he's good.
Speaker 5: I'm assuming he's nice from the three.
Speaker 1: Let's just say you're only a step better and you lose that step, then what happened to Joe?
Speaker 4: Then if you if you have that weakness, what your team can do. They can run plays for you to free you up. That's that's that's that's that's what that's what they do in NBA. That's what they do in the NFL. When a certain player has weaknesses and he can't win on his own, you.
Speaker 1: Didn't when the season, what they do with that player They move on. You know how when a player gets old and he's not giving you that same production, they ask you to take a play cut first, right, Hey bro, hey, hey, yeah, you know we we know you used to give us thirteen fourteen hundred can you give a twelve fifty for a third of the salary? Nah man, I can't put Okay, Well, then we're gonna have to release you. Yeah, I me personally looking like I said, I don't like I said. I watched Gordon Hayward. I know his game. Uh he was an outstanding player. Uh. I didn't have him as a top twenty player, but he was a solid player. Twenty two, five and three says that he's a solid player. Getting those numbers in the NBA good, But he goes to Boston. I'm not so sure that was the best fit. When you got j T and jb.
Speaker 4: Uh to play three, I mean that's a nice that's a nice three h for someone that's scoring twenty.
Speaker 1: They all play basically the same guy. All of them are small forwards. So if he was a big and not you got JBN j T. You can sight either word. You can make those them a change. You can play them at the three to four, you can slide one to the two, but they're really the same.
Speaker 4: Goddamn it, Tell tell tail, goddamn it, say well, come on down and come on down to Miami. We'll take him. We'll take him. Where's a supposure know what to do with you. Come on down here goingon, hey with I know you' gonna see just come on down to Miami. We know what to do with your Yeah, I mean shit, we know how to, we know how to, we know how to use what they call him.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, uh, you know, Pat could have traded for when and the trade deadline like like okay, traded for it.
Speaker 5: I mean, it depends on what we had at the time. He might not have been on our radar at the time.
Speaker 4: But now that this is coming out and the wife has to defend him because of an individual that comes out publicly and says he's made a mistake, you know, or you don't do that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm surprised. I'm surprised. Presty said that.
Speaker 1: I'm not going to disagree with you because that doesn't sound like him.
Speaker 2: But I'm sure.
Speaker 1: Probably in the exit interview, probably what you heard is that Gordon Hayward probably said some of the things same things that he wasn't He wasn't excited about his time.
Speaker 2: He felt he should have gotten more minutes, and you know.
Speaker 5: You know what happening.
Speaker 4: If he had got more minutes, he would have scored more goddamn points, especially when you had the green light to shoot. Sometime you go to certain places, it's you do. You don't feel comfortable. You're walking on eggshells. And that's why not only a decrease in minutes, but a decreasing points from Utah to Boston.
Speaker 5: That is the reason why they went down.
Speaker 4: Okay, see shit, Charlotte, I just don't I just don't see anyone that was scoring twenty two, six and five just falling complete mineft.
Speaker 2: But he is not that player that would warrant thirty five forty minutes.
Speaker 1: Okay score in order to score the amount of points that he's playing. He's probably playing thirty eight minutes where he's no longer that guy. So he can't give you that kind of production. So if you're not playing those kind of minutes, how can I give you? To say, oh, Jo, how can I give you the same production? If you don't give me the same number of targets. If you cut my targets in half, you're gonna cut my production in half. Yeah, running back gets three hundred carriages, he rushes for fifteen hundred yard. You give him one hundred and fifty. You still think he's gonna get fifteen hundred not gonna have for Oh you catch it, you catch him for fourteen hundred yards. But I'm giving you one hundred and fifty targets a season. Well, oh y'all want to go get one hundred targets. You ain't go up with that number because now one hundred targets, that means you gotta catch every ball and average fourteen to fifteen yards to catch just to get to fourteen fift hundred yard.
Speaker 2: With you would don't bru, You're gonna leave the lead.
Speaker 1: You will be top three if you average fifteen yards to catch on that many catches. Right, So that's why I just, like I said, I'm surprised. I am surprised that Sam pressed it like I made a mistake.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's stuff like that.
Speaker 4: You're keeping house at GM, the g of the gms, and made made mistakes as well, whether it be MLB, whether it be NBA, whether it be NFL. They don't come out and probably say, you know what, I made a mistake. How do you think it makes that individual feel that you made that mistake?
Speaker 5: On?
Speaker 4: How do you think other players feel about coming to an organization where you feel well, damn if you can do that to Gordon Hayward.
Speaker 1: What the hell you think about me? They got a young they look, they got a young team. They didn't want to mess up their chemistry. They had a great rotation going. If you look at those guys, that's still the youngest roster uh in the NBA. They made it to the second round. Their core players Shay Jaylen Williams, Chat, Lou Dort, Isaiah Joe. They got some nice pieces, Josh Giddy, They got some nice pieces. They need another big, They need another big and maybe another front line player. Man, Hey, Paul, George, you interested in coming back?
Speaker 2: George?
Speaker 1: Or go get a big, Go get a dred Drummond that con that and take some minutes off Chat that can battle with a yo Ki that can battle with some of the bigs down down low.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for sure, I like it.
Speaker 1: But missus Hayward was not happy with saying what Sam Presty said.
Speaker 4: As she and rightfully rightfully so she should cuss his ass out. Cinema send a center letter, matter of fact, right right, goddamn not David Stern, what's a young bull name that?
Speaker 5: That's the commission on Adam Silver?
Speaker 4: Yeah, right, Adam, Ship, just just just this this voicing your displeasure with the comments by a general manager. Somebody at a position of power that's that at a seat that high, shouldn't.
Speaker 5: Be making that kind of comment. Ship, God damn it.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Is he a free agent? It's gonna be addressed. He's a free agent.
Speaker 5: Yeah, come on down to Miami, mister Hayward, come on down to Miami. We know what to do with you.
Speaker 2: You a frig Okay, how many take its to get here? Free agent? Oh?
Speaker 4: He gonna get something. Listen, it might not have worked that, okay.
Speaker 5: See.
Speaker 4: Sometimes process of elimination relationship after relationship after relationship after relationship, until you find the one that fit. And that's all it is. That's all it is, until you find the one that fit. And right here in Miami, Gordon Haywood is a great place for you.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 4: Now, if you need to, you need help finding a place, I can help you. I got my real estate license.
Speaker 2: How much how much you think Gordon Haywood has made in his career?
Speaker 5: Let me see if you said he was a max player.
Speaker 4: I'm not sure when he signed that Mac contract, but just off the top of my head, how many years have you been in the league.
Speaker 2: Now, he's been leading longer than that, like twelve twelve.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, he's been in the league fourteen years. But you know he played for years, so he missed the entire season. So okay, I.
Speaker 4: Can tell you right now he's probably earned you Tell me if I'm wrong to right, he's probably earned two hundred and twenty seven million at this point. Tell me I'm wrong, right, he need to go higher? Oh shit, wait too eighty three?
Speaker 2: Lord to seventy.
Speaker 4: Okay, round to seventy. Okay, okay, okay, God dang, hey man, I got it. I need to be too late. Oh Joe, he should have thought about it. You should have thought thought about all the thing, like the baseball players. You see the money they make it five hundred million, seven hundred million.
Speaker 2: It's too late, old Joe.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah. Ain't never too lately.
Speaker 4: I ain't never too While I'm still listen, while I'm still willing and able, and my upper and lower body extremities are still working. There's always a chance. There's always a chance I can dream. I can be like the little engine that could. I just got to keep on pushing. We should have thought about that. But you know, playing baseball bat costs money. Glove costs money. Yeah, oh yeah yeah, trade traveling, uh uh traveling yeah, au oh yeah that costs money.
Speaker 2: Ain't how that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, and plus that gratification. Man, ain't nobody them honeys ain't coming out there sitting no hot sun.
Speaker 2: They go. They gonna be at the football game or the basketball game.
Speaker 1: Oh, Joe, Isaiah Thomas, Little Isaiah Thomas has an ak pulled on him in his own city. Really tripping. How these young kids are moving around. I really almost I really had a life changing moment yesterday where a kid pulled an AK forty seven out on me and the homi And if it wasn't for who I was and him recognizing me in my own city, he probably would have ended all our lives.
Speaker 2: Be safe. They're different out there.
Speaker 1: He listen, we talk about it, about it or about I ain't talking about Ze, I'm talking about Boston Celtics.
Speaker 4: Isaid, yeah, you you you got you got to be careful, man, You got to be you got to be careful, even if it's your.
Speaker 5: Homeown You got to understand where you are.
Speaker 4: The younger generation, there is no respect there is no respect regardless of who you are what you've done, especially in the past.
Speaker 5: Uh, they don't see that. They don't see that.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 4: Now, the older cats would probably know who you are and have a little bit more respect for you and what you've done in your community in the n b A. Knowing that that's where you're from. You know, they show you a little bit more grace. You know, them younger cats, you know, and you think about, oh, somebody pulled the AKA.
Speaker 5: You already know that that ain't nothing. But somebody young that has no.
Speaker 2: Ak.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, yeah, I don't really move like that, so I don't really know that. Y's my bad.
Speaker 1: In his hometown of Coma, Washington, Yeah, saying them them young boys, they different, they moved different.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, and listen today everything is wild today. Everything is wild today. You know during our day, our day, there were structure, there were structure. There's certain things you couldn't do unless you got an okay green light.
Speaker 5: That's if you run in the streets like that.
Speaker 4: I'm not saying I'm part of the streets, but they had a great understanding of how it worked.
Speaker 5: Because it's where I grew up. Today. Oh, they ain't no goddamn order. They ain't no order.
Speaker 4: Everybody just they run the West quick and no matter who you are.
Speaker 2: They make you give up. So yeah, man, it's different. It's a different time now.
Speaker 1: Sold You said he was in his hometown right Coma, Washington, And that's that's crazy, man, that's crazy. In the OTAs the NFL Players Are Sociation is working to finalize a proposal to overhaul.
Speaker 2: The off season starting as soon as.
Speaker 1: Twenty twenty five, eliminating voluntary on field workout in the spring and in favor of longer training camp ramp up, with players reporting in mid June early July. Basically, the ideal would be rolling extended OTA style ramp up, strength and conditioning, non padded work, et cetera, straight into training camp without six weeks of breaking de escalation between a major change.
Speaker 2: Do you like this O choke?
Speaker 5: Absolutely not. Don't change it up.
Speaker 4: Don't change it up, because you got to understand what you're doing is also you're taking money out of people's pocket. Sometimes the players in their contracts, they have incentives to come to these voluntary workouts, you know, And why would you want to extend training camp? Because I thought we were I thought we were about protecting the players.
Speaker 1: Culcher, we we've long decided that it was about the money. So we've been decided what it was about. But you can see where this thing is headed. So what you what we're gonna do is that we're gonna have this long roll out one preseason game and we're gonna hit the game running. We're gonna hit the field. We're going to hit the ground the field running. So that's what you're building up to. And maybe you still put that in your contract, O Joe, mm hmm, maybe you still put that in your contract.
Speaker 4: Okay, take take take the money from the program and attitude in season.
Speaker 1: I mean I never put that. I never had that in my contract because I wasn't gonna come. So unless you give me a half a million dollars, I wasn't gonna. I wasn't willing to for fifty thousand. I wasn't willing to stay in Denver. I want to do my own workout because I know I was gonna push myself harder than what I was.
Speaker 2: Gonna work out there.
Speaker 1: And I was the only one that might that wasn't required to be in Ota in offseason conditioning.
Speaker 2: I'm the only one in Mike Shanahan's career. Mm hmm.
Speaker 5: I don't, I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't like it though. I don't like it though. I don't like taking away the preseason games for those that sign as free agents, for those that have come out of the college and get an opportunity to make the team. I don't like it for those that are third, fourth, fifth, and sixth round draft picks, because they need that film. They need that film of those three or four preseason games that they do playing to get a chance not only to make that squad, but to put themselves on tape as a resume for other teams that might need a body at that position.
Speaker 5: I don't like it. I don't like it.
Speaker 4: I don't like it because it takes away from them and their opportunity to get a chance to play in the NFL.
Speaker 1: Man, you know how I feel. I mean, I made it because we had five games. That's the only If we'd have had three, I wouldn't have made it. We'd have had four, the conventional I wouldn't have made it. It was the very last game in which I made it, so you already know how I feel. I was talking to Commissioner He's like, what do you think about the new rules, I'm like, commissioned. I'll be honest with you. I ain't crazy about it. I understand why you guys are implementing. Because the kickoff, the concussion rate goes up exponentially. You're talking about probably extra twenty thirty forty percent because the collisions are so great.
Speaker 2: You get twenty.
Speaker 1: Miles an hour running this way, twenty miles an hour running that way, and when they collide, something bad gonna happen eventually every time, especially if you you know, you do that x amount of time. If you score on a field goal, you score on a you know, a punt return or something like that. There are a lot of kickings, eat even punts. But I get it. I say, for me, probably probably wouldn't have made it. Probably would have had to wait another year, probably spent some time on a practice squad for somebody to give me an opportunity. Hopefully I showed enough for the Broncos. But I just made it because of special team. Made it because of kickoff.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I was a wide receiver and I would go down there and like, somebody ass up, But I didn't care.
Speaker 2: I throw called you to the way I'm making this different.
Speaker 4: But think about that, you had five teams to do it, and you were able to make it because of special teams. Now imagine them eliminating the off season program and then having training camp, and then how do these individuals make the team now with nothing to put on film?
Speaker 5: One preseason game. That's not enough.
Speaker 4: That's not nearly enough enough opportunities for individual to say like, oh my goodness, look who this says? Standing out on film, where you could make yourself, where you become more than just a number. You need those games, man, You need the time to put your resume together, and those those two three games during the preseason, it does wonder.
Speaker 2: S and ojo.
Speaker 1: I was still in school, so what a lot of guys, A lot of guys were out of school, and so they were in the off season program. Man, I'm trying to get my degree. Man, I wasn't dropping out of school all now. Well I'm too close now, So I didn't end up getting that your June, and so the OTAs were ending like the second week of June, so I really only got two weeks of OTAs and before I had to leave and go do my own thing. And then come back. But back then and they still do it not sometimes, Ojo. We came in the rookies and the first year players had to come in like three days before the best got there, and so we padded it up. We hitting even before the actual training camp in which the events arrived. Oh yeah, I don't know how they do it now, but I do see sometimes rookies report on this day and the advance report on the later day. But we're putting paths on. We doing nine on seven, We doing everything that we're going to do in training. Oh yes, oh yes, oh yeah. Had had had nine on seven, one on one listen the most, the most we put on with shells.
Speaker 5: Remember the little shells, the little shells.
Speaker 2: We had, man ain't nobody had them back then.
Speaker 1: See back then they had you have spoder pass you know, the spider pants that you put on a fun of a fund of your shoulder pants.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, yeah, shot the shock.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but we didn't have shells like yoh show we have paths on Wednesday Thursday, and we have paths on Friday with shorts.
Speaker 2: There wasn't no shade. What the hell you talking about?
Speaker 5: Oh no, come on now, I'm telling you. Hey, listen.
Speaker 1: When I tell people, people don't understand bro nine O seven was really putting people down. Seven O seven seven o seven was a third up. You ain't just catching no balls, say oh let him catch it?
Speaker 2: Oh man, please. It was a different time back then.
Speaker 1: Now probably like the forty nine ers were the only team that the West Coast system. And you see how they do a lot of teams doing now, they were the only one doing that. And then as that tree started splintering, you got Mike Homer leaving, You got Steve Marray, you got other guys leaving they brought and implemented that system. You got Andy. Yeah, Mike Homer took a lot of those guys with him the Green Bay. He took Andy Reid, he took John Gruden, who took Steve Marray ucci. And so as those guys start to get in head coaching jobs, they started implementing that WestCoast system where you're you know, you're only hitting about ten times or ten times a week, and that's normally on Thursday. Everything else is in shells because you practice some speed, not so much hitting.
Speaker 2: But oh no, bad two you kidding me?
Speaker 5: Boy?
Speaker 1: They brave, Hey, they got buttered from a duck back then, Yes, sir, Yes.
Speaker 4: Indeed, y'all y'all better than me because I had a few times where I had a few times and I obviously I can say it now some of the times when we would and we would have to have on paths on a Wednesday practice, I'd be out there in my shells because nobody was gonna hit me anyway. But I just I mean, I listen, I wore size small shoulder paths anyway, I were very small shoulder pads just so I could be light.
Speaker 5: But I put my shells on.
Speaker 4: What in New England, Belichick, you had to have five pass knee pads. You know, you know how in the locker room where they put in the room is and they have the.
Speaker 5: Address ro it got on everything.
Speaker 4: That's how you got to go to practice in the everybody that everybody, or he'll send you in everybody, five pass, knee pass, show the past, everything mine.
Speaker 1: The way we practiced, Mike said, the way you play the game, that's how I want you to come to practice. Well, me ed a lot of us the dB ain't have no five pass, no knee pass, no hill pass. So Mike said, that's the way you go in the game. Now, Dan Reeve's like, okay, you ain't got to wear no thigh pass. But if you get a five rule, it's gonna cost you about five thousand.
Speaker 4: He get you put him in quick. But see, you got your teammates. Got to be on your side, though, Your teammates got to be in your id and protecting you and saying, listen, we got pads on. But if we're gonna do anything, let's start it up. Let's start up. Make sure makes you in position to make the tackle as if it was as if it was a game simulated.
Speaker 5: But don't hit me. Don't hit me for real. Don't don't hit me for real.
Speaker 1: I mean, but you man, you know them five rules anything they freak Oh Joe, sometimes you just you know, you and y'all run together and his knee hits you, It hits you.
Speaker 2: Hold on.
Speaker 4: Have you ever have you got a thigh bruise? And it hard enough to stiffing up? And then they got to use that remember that is it called a grass? Oh my god, and it got a strap to get it lose. Yeah, yeah, I know what it is.
Speaker 5: That's what for that pain.
Speaker 1: That shit hurt many that it was different. I'm glad they changed because bad. But just think, oh, Joe, that's how like in the six years in the seventies, everybody was practicing like that all the practice, huh with Wednesday Thursday put you on the ground. Friday you had on shoulder paths and helmets. There was no shells. We had on shoulder pads for the entire practice.
Speaker 4: Well, somebody said, have said somebody back then, whoever, whoever the leader, whoever the leader of the Broncos was back then.
Speaker 5: Matter of fact, his name is John Elway.
Speaker 4: Always should have said something, man, listen.
Speaker 5: Quarterbacks, we want to be fresh on Sunday.
Speaker 1: Quarterbacks normally wore their paths because they needed to get used to throwing their past. For the most part, John always wore his past, even but even at least at least for like a part of practice. And then he would take the pass off. Oh, they tell me the paths up. You had to tell me, you had to tell me what whoa I'm going? But those were today, though, Shoe, it's a it was a different mentality play back then.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: That's why you see these guys runn across the middle and unhanded thing and take itself in.
Speaker 2: And then that back. Then bad Mike single there.
Speaker 1: Oh those guys, Oh, go cross to but you ain't going across there but once bet you wouldn't come back.
Speaker 5: And you don't think about it twice. If you do, gotta go, what.
Speaker 1: Next thing? You know you'd be looking through that. You're looking through your ear hole, yo, somebody that killed it. Buffalo bills ate more than thirty one million dollars to trade start wide receiver Stepan Diggs this offseason, a record for a non quarterback. So why didn't the team wait until June first to deal Digs, which has spread the financial impact between the seasons.
Speaker 2: General manager Brandon Being.
Speaker 1: Explained that Buffalo prepared to get that albatross of Diggs contract off the books rather sooner than later. We decided to just go ahead and eat it out now. We think that we can compete and do what we need to do by eating it now, because we didn't. We would have tried to come up with a way to split it up too many different ways. It's just like that albatross hanging a round our neck. What twenty five look like? What's twenty six look like?
Speaker 4: Hey, listen, That's one thing about business. They're always looking ahead. They're always looking ahead. So obviously they want to get get themselves out of that contract. But that's fine. That's fine with now Gabe Davis going, Stefan Digg going, we have a media darling and Keon Coleman that's there. But now can Josh Allen doit? Patrick Mahome did once they got rid of Tyreek, and Tyreek came down to the Dolphins. We're going to see how great and how good Josh Allen is. Well the fact that he does have Keon Coleman. I'm not sure the second receiver will be there. I know Keon Coleman probably going to be the number one. We're going to see how good you are because now you have to make up for the production that's not there on the outside, because we don't know what Keon Coleman's going to be. He's probably going to be good, but now you have to make all the right decisions. You have to make all the right throws because you're not going to have that fourteen fifteen hundred yard receiver that you can rely on twenty four to seven, come hell of high water. When it matters most I know he's had some drops, you know, in the playoffs or whatnot. But again, still he is a very very very good to me top five receiver in his NFL.
Speaker 1: Still, I think the thing what was gonna a lot of people saying, well, Josh Allen didn't take that step until he got step on Digs.
Speaker 4: Oh did you see that? I mean, listen, the numbers don't lie once once Dig's got there. Oh boy, hey, listen, they were they they were god damn like Mark Anthony and j Lo.
Speaker 5: Huh. They was like Tina.
Speaker 2: Marie and Rick Jet short lived that what you go with.
Speaker 5: Hey, but listen, while they were living, it was good. While they were living, it was good.
Speaker 2: Yes, it was. Yeah.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be very interesting to see how this thing pans out. We've seen what Patrick Mahoons did without Tyreek, who we believe in the most dangerous one of the top two.
Speaker 2: He's not going past too.
Speaker 1: No matter who your receivers are, heill's not going out in the top two for me. With that speed, with his big playability, his ability to run any route.
Speaker 2: Is he the best route runner?
Speaker 1: No, but he has the most speed of anybody just running route, So give me him. Yeah, because he's the only guy that you throw him a five yard route and he can hit his head on the gold post. Every time you can take a five yard right, do an eight yard spectacle.
Speaker 4: Hey, the only person in the NFL when you have to take an angle, you run towards the end zone.
Speaker 1: You try to cut it, gettle lost. Yeah, if we both at the fifty, I'm trying to intercept them.
Speaker 2: Met the team.
Speaker 1: I'm trying.
Speaker 2: Oh, Joe, he read it like this. Here, I read it like that.
Speaker 1: I'm just trying to Hey, if he stopped cutting back, he got me.
Speaker 4: But if he can, oh, yeah, you got you. Hey, that's yeah, it's uh. I like it though, Listen, I love I love Josh Man. The few times I had the opportunity to meet him, I.
Speaker 5: Just I just like. I like what he had with Digs, I like what he had with Gabe Davis.
Speaker 4: The fact that they weren't able to get over the hump, it's unfortunate, But obviously you're paying Josh Allen the type of money he is making.
Speaker 5: You know, sometimes some of the pieces around.
Speaker 4: You are going to change, and it's up to you to be top three quarterback that we think you are or you're paid such as you got to show up.
Speaker 5: You got to show up, whether you've got rookies around you or not.
Speaker 4: You have to make all the right decisions, make all the right throws, and do what past Mahome has done consistently.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: The thing is is that.
Speaker 1: Like Buffalo, they go all in, they don't win it, and they got to break it down. You see, they lose pourrier, they lose a white the corner, they lose other pieces, and you see my homeboy like, you know what a I'm gonna take a little less, h not too much.
Speaker 2: I mean, I mean he takes. He probably taken.
Speaker 1: He's probably taken ten, probably ten to fifteen million dollars per year less. But he's like, you know, he's probably making twenty million dollars off the field. Hold on how much he just got a check for it? Did they just get a check the other day for like thirty million dollars? Because I think they took it a roster bonus something. I just I wasn't meant to send that to you, Ash. I think he I think he just got a check because he's guarant his twenty twenty five salary is already guaranteed. Because he's on the roster, so they guarantee what he's twenty five, So how much did he get that check they just sent him for like a month a month ago. But him being on the roster in twenty twenty four guarantees his twenty twenty five salary, so and so to keep that. So they's like, hey, bad, check this out. Then what we're gonna do. We're gonna come give you that and to sign this bonus. Okay, I'll take you by forty million, y'all give me thirty nine of it right now? Yeah, no problem? Yeah, but uh but yeah, it's it's on Josh. Now it's on Josh. It's very unfortunate because they finally had they's like, we won't Patrick Mahomes in our building in the playoffs the last two times, and they had to go there and it didn't end up well for us, even Baltimore, we want him in our building that stay here. A different cat. Now you a different cat. He a different cat come playoff time. What you did to him in the regular season ain't gonna have no bearing on whether it's gonna happen in the postseason. Yeah, and so it's, uh, if you find it. Let me know ask. Confidence isn't an issue for steel Steeler's cornerback Joey Porter Jr. He ended the starting line of Week seven and never lost the spot. Porter says, I'm always gonna pick me over anybody else when asked who's the best cornerback in the league.
Speaker 2: There are a lot of good dvs in this league.
Speaker 1: Nobody was doing what I was doing against wide receiver ones. Uh this entirely locking them down. I don't care if I mentioned in there not, because they're going to hear my name eventually. In seventeen games the level start, the twenty twenty three second round pick had forty three tackles, one for lost, one in exceptions. Ten passive defense. He finished fifth and defensive Rookie of the Year. Salt Gardner Passer change I Alexander Denzel war.
Speaker 5: I like it.
Speaker 4: If you're gonna talk, now listen. If you're gonna talk, you gotta walk it. Asher, Pops, Joey Porter, ash you pops how we used to go at him.
Speaker 2: Sure, one of the.
Speaker 4: Great one of the greatest trash talkers of all time, and Joey Porter much respect to him.
Speaker 2: But I like it for sure. You yourself.
Speaker 4: Listen, put the league on notice. This is what you got to do. Come out, create you some bullets and board material. Now what you got to do, even though you're stealer, I love you to death, you got to follow in the footsteps. So one of some of the greatest that have come through there. Now, if you're gonna talk like that, now you got to come and show.
Speaker 5: Like somebody that I know that. Also, what hey, Joey I mean, uh, Joey Porter Jr. Wear twenty four don't so.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Oh there's a great there's a great twenty four that gave me hell for a decade straight. And Ike Taylor, huh a great one. So again, if you're gonna talk, maybe all you gotta do is walk it. All you got to do is walk it. I like it, and you got to have that confidence you have to. Most of the time, most of the people don't say it. Most of the people don't let it be known publicly, because once you let look, once you let it be known publicly.
Speaker 5: Now you have a targeting.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, for sure.
Speaker 5: Now they're gonna come at you. Now they're gonna throw at you.
Speaker 2: Well, they gonna do that anyway.
Speaker 5: I love it. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, they gonna do that anyway.
Speaker 4: But even more so now that you're coming out saying you feeling like you wanted the best at what you do, you just gotta go do it. Man, you win, You've done. You wear at number twenty four. Anyway, if you're anything, if you're gonna be anything like Ike Taylor boy, you'll you want you want you You're on the right path and that's what all due respect.
Speaker 1: Oh so what they did Ojo is that the twenty twenty four March twenty four, the restructure. They gave him twenty seven million in salaries converted into a signing bonus, and his base salary is only eight point six million, so they cult, Yeah.
Speaker 4: That was a free that's a free cap space. That's that's a little that's a little game. They always play. You see, you see the game how they play. When they want to create space, they know what to do. There's never an issue with money and paying players because there's always a way to manipulate the numbers and create space for who you want to.
Speaker 2: Because his latest contract, so I'm.
Speaker 4: Trying to understand, I'm trying to understand what they're waiting on with that I'm trying to understand what they waiting on with tour.
Speaker 5: I'm trying to stand love and again I'm trying to drum what are you waiting on with love? What are you waiting on?
Speaker 4: As far as chasing Ti Higgins is concerned, now they have to see how the books are going too.
Speaker 2: Joe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if one of if Higgins willing to take like twenty two to twenty four million because he.
Speaker 4: Hadn't signed, he hadn't signed that franchise, that franchise tag get either. Now, at what point do we say or Tea for that matter, does t say, you know what, I'm a better on myself this year? And God forbid, he's able to play a season injury free and he hit the market.
Speaker 2: The tag on him again right.
Speaker 5: Now, listen, listen, he don't don't do don't do nothing like that. Now.
Speaker 4: If I'm willing to bet on myself and I'm willing to stay and play on the tag at twenty one, now you need to.
Speaker 5: Listen.
Speaker 4: The Chiefs organization, I salute them for what they did with Lujerious sneed understanding his value and allowing him to go get.
Speaker 2: Real.
Speaker 1: Say if I give you ten year, good year, you should be able to let me walk with all my money. Yeah, oh yeah, you.
Speaker 2: Said you let me work with all my money.
Speaker 5: Hey, did you hear me? Did you what you just said?
Speaker 4: Reill gave me ten great years and she should be able to walk with all her money. But if you walk with all your money, them ten years of the lifestyle that and allowed me to be able to live.
Speaker 5: Oh, I'm leading, I'm leaving. That's what they said at I'm leaving here with something.
Speaker 1: Do it again, and then if they could be nast they could put two years of the franchise and then a year of the transition tag on.
Speaker 4: But listen, knowing knowing mister Brown, knowing Katie knowing cheap, Uh.
Speaker 5: Listen, don't do that now.
Speaker 4: You know we spending Now you better look at what we paid them our old officer line and look we paid Burrow.
Speaker 5: Don't do that.
Speaker 4: We're not cheap that that that narrative needs to be any race because we spend on that the state.
Speaker 5: No, we haven't.
Speaker 2: We have to do y'all Friday under the interstate. Yes or no?
Speaker 5: We have a bums with indoor facility. No, well, when the sun is out, when.
Speaker 2: Sun was out, where do you guys practice.
Speaker 1: Can I parked my car on the overpass and watch the Bengals practice?
Speaker 2: Yes? Or no? Yes?
Speaker 5: I can't.
Speaker 2: Yes, I can't.
Speaker 5: That's a ticket. That's a ticket. No, you can't ticket.
Speaker 1: Can I parked my car on the overpass and watch? I just want to know? Yes or no?
Speaker 5: I've never seen that, Joe.
Speaker 2: I did because I did it?
Speaker 5: Yeah you did? Who was who was finding out?
Speaker 1: Nobody? I just happen to be. I just happen to be watching. You know, they had got me a nice view.
Speaker 5: What's funny?
Speaker 1: Y'all just started getting pieces on Friday?
Speaker 4: Piece on Friday. Go start chili, Gold start chili. We Hey, you know what we eat? Funnel Cake Island. Yeah, we got funnel cakes. Yeah, funnel Now you don't eat funnel cakes. But listen, anybody in the chat that's in Cincinnati, I'm gonna tell you about funnel Cake Island. Now, I forgot that. I got the street. It's on my homeboy on it. Y'all got to check it out. Funnel Cake alum, really really good, really really good. If you, if you, if you ever in Cincinnati, you gotta you gotta go try it.
Speaker 2: I got a Mikey on my team.
Speaker 1: Her name is adh So anytime we go somewhere, we don't know what it is.
Speaker 2: We just slidden the ash. As is our official.
Speaker 1: Mikey, she's gonna try. As don't like funnel cake. I know it's bad. What official? Wait, she don't like and as like everything. Oh, she at least tried. That's one thing about AS. She's like, don't knock it till you try it. I was like, no, I'm gonna knock it. I'm gonna knock it over if you put it in front of me. So that that's that's the thing. I'm assuming she's had a bad experience. So she went somewhere where the funnel cakes weren't good.
Speaker 4: Now, if you're ever in Cincinnati for whatever reason, oh the fair, Oh the Fair. No no, no, no, no, no, Listen, they don't make no funnel cakes. Like young bull out there in Cincinnati make these funnel cakes. I'm telling you, man, all type of toppings, all type of this crazy strawberry oreo, like all types of crazy stuff. I'm listen to me. Funnel cake Island and Cincinnati. I can't remember what street is on, but it's in the same in the same plaza. As a restaurant called Hooks. Now that that's all I knew.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 5: I don't know the cross streets.
Speaker 4: But if you if you're from Cincinnati in here and you're in the chat, you know exactly what I'm talking about. But hey, tell ash ash Ash, you got to try this funnel cake.
Speaker 5: And if I'm wrong, if I'm to.
Speaker 2: State Fair, I know I've had an affair. Yeah, I've eaten it.
Speaker 1: I've eaten it a fair, but not to text State Fair where you know where they fry oreole snickers butter, they fry everything.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what you know about elephanteers? You know about elephant ears the flower or the plant? No no, no, not a real elephant called elephants. No no, I'm talking about like it's like similar to a funnel cake a little bit, but it's made a little different at the day County you Fair. All I care about is going to get that corner in the cab. I care about the sisky Bob, I care about I don't like.
Speaker 1: No, oh come because I don't like them peppers and I don't like that.
Speaker 2: I just want just just go. I don't I don't like I don't like it.
Speaker 4: No are you listen, you're missing out on the final things like, Man, if you don't like sisky.
Speaker 1: Well we go go to that what do you call it? We go go to the Uh? Were gonna go to Texas State Fair?
Speaker 5: Texas State Fair? When is that? When is this the it's.
Speaker 1: Doing the October It's like Oklahoma Texas, right, that's the Oklahoma Texas game. We need to go and eat ok Man, I'm gonna take you because I know my stomach gonna beat.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm ready. I I got some cowboy boots too. I ain't had a chance to wear too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, you ain't got no cowboy the hell you got cowboy boots and Flora?
Speaker 2: What you hello?
Speaker 5: I'm a bull rider? You forgot? I still practice. I ride horse. I ride horses on the weekend.
Speaker 2: I am teller.
Speaker 5: No, come on, now, you know I ride horses.
Speaker 4: I know you've seen the many eclipse of me riding horses, going fast as hell, doing tricks all that.
Speaker 2: Do that? Ash?
Speaker 4: Can you pull Can you please pull up videos for uncle and me riding horses. I am a professional bull rider.
Speaker 1: You're not no professional with this? Can you do something doesn't make you a professional? That's all it takes because I was on a professional circum If you paying a picture, did that make you an artist?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Who mem Yeah, because I get that, I get to set the value on how much it's worked all now.
Speaker 5: If I can get anybody to buy it, that makes me a posssion. And that's what that's what everybody else do to
Speaker 4: The volume