Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to Season three thirty three, Episode two of Daily Like Guys, shot production of iHeart Radio.
Speaker 2: I feel like I'm peaking? Am I peaking? I'm peaking at this solar clip. I told you don't take your mind to like later in the recording. I took it thirty minutes before the recording. Man, I'm peaking at the eclipse. Any time out of the eclipse.
Speaker 1: This is a podcast where we take a deep dive into American share this Center. It is Tuesday, April ninth, twenty twenty four.
Speaker 2: We are recording it mid eclipse, mid clip. We are deep in the eclipse, risked deep in the eclipse. But let's not take away from what April ninth is. Actually. It's National Unicorn Day, shout out to things that don't exist. It's also National Library Workers Day, shout out to people that work at the library. Is National Chinese Almond cookie Day, National Winston Churchill Day. Wow, look at you guy, you're digging. It's so good. National Name your Health Day, and National cherished congratulating Winston Churchill like he was a four year old. Yeah, yeah, yeah, with your Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill. Yeah you did you did nothing wrong with a full name. Winston Leonard Spencer. Dude, you're getting I'm sorry you're not. You're not sitting with me at lunch.
Speaker 1: I would have called him Leonard and poked him in the chest. If I ever met Leonard.
Speaker 2: I like someone who has been dude. If if I ever met Churchill like what, I would have fucking teased him about his stupid middle name. Would you Leonard three as opposed to Bill Cosby's Leonard six? I don't know.
Speaker 1: I would have had time to workshop, but if I knew I was hanging out with him, and I would have come up with a sick burn.
Speaker 2: My name is Jack O'Brien aka went Bow and makes all.
Speaker 3: Of those a playing ain't got time to put the boats in place.
Speaker 2: My confidence is gone. One o' make it home FAAA rope bowl in a letter that was one too many a's, Yeah they rode them.
Speaker 3: A letter said they couldn't fuck up their airplanes no more. Listen, mister regulator, you gotta inspect on the factory floor anyway.
Speaker 2: That is courtesy of Markie Mark, or really is on the discord a little? The letter the box tops about Boeing. Have you seen this. Have you heard about this? I heard about them. I heard about them. What their aeroplane last week? Yeah? Yeah, yeah yeah, they're for the apartment.
Speaker 1: I'm thrilled to be joined as always by my co host, mister Miles Gray.
Speaker 2: It's Miles Gray. A kay, hey, zoomer, leave them moms alone, Okay, he shout out to Scoutie on the discord, because yeah, I was talking about how I saw a clip of the like gen Z kids like punking a mime at like an aquarium, and it was just so upsetting to me. I'm like, what is why are these kids punking a mime? In my day? You just let the mime cook, So yeah, leave the the mime's cook. Yes, literally, look he's cooking. I can tell even though he doesn't have anything in front of him. He's pantomiming that he's cooking. Let him cook. That's so funny.
Speaker 1: There was I was at a Fourth of July party where there was a mime for some reason why not, and the children, you know, these much younger children, you know, between four and eight, we're just like chasing this mime around. Like the mime at a certain point just like gave up and was like running away from the children. They they just like didn't trust it. I wonder, I want what it is about about this generation where they're like, fuck mins, Yeah, something expired in the national shared consciousness and now everyone's like, I do not trust this motherfucker who seems to be duck in a box.
Speaker 2: Hey, he ain't got no rope, no rope. I don't see nothing fucking bullshit, bro, Just like what other fucking dreams you're trying to sell me America? Like whoa, whoa, whoa easy, easy, cynical fast, Wow, Miles, We.
Speaker 1: Are still to be joined in our third seat by very funny comedian activists. The host of the great award winning podcast Good Muslim, Bad Muslim singer fellow on comedy at the Pop Culture Collabse. She's written in The New York Times for MPR's Fresh Air it is the hilarious, the talented Zora.
Speaker 2: What did I call you? Zora? Did you? Oh? Neil hirsh Sa welcome? Were watching God? I remember that I've been watching God. That ship made me terrified of rabies. Remember that book? I remember having to read it? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, anyways, moving right along, Missed.
Speaker 2: How are you doing? How has your eclipse been.
Speaker 5: Yo, I have been staring at the eclipse all.
Speaker 2: Night, all night and reviews reviews, Zora, I think you're all right. So just if you're all right. So a couple of things. Uh, if you're going to pretend you if you witnessed the eclipse. So, first of all, they tend to happen during eclipsing.
Speaker 1: They tend to happen during the day, and they don't like get you really fucked up, Like I guess you could say they get you fucked up, but you're only supposed to. They don't happen for like forty five to fifty minutes. What I think is what is what my experience, maybe a couple hours, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I've been peeping people in.
Speaker 1: Our little non path of totality eclipse in l A for for about an hour now, and I was.
Speaker 5: Doing Molly with my babysitters, and he said that the eclipse been at night.
Speaker 2: Uh huh with the streaks, right, Okay, that's why you were seeing the trails. Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah right yeah, and just broke into tears, but like good tears. Yeah, so emotional. I get it.
Speaker 5: I think I did see the eclipse, and I think that you guys did it, and I think that this is toxic.
Speaker 2: You know how. I know I didn't see the clips because I looked at that ship wrong and I can still see So guess what, y'all, Sorry, science did it. I know I'm not supposed to do, but I like.
Speaker 5: To things wrong.
Speaker 1: There's definitely a change to the quality of light. I will say it's a it's a little bit like a.
Speaker 5: Paler yellow dimmer outside.
Speaker 1: Yes, slightly did dim a little bit, but it's not like a dim like going behind the clouds like it's a it's like a weird.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like they put a thing in the sky.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I haven't been outside in like four days. I don't know what it's like.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Same, I look through my window and it just did not Anyway, that's all that say. It's a great I'm sure for the people in the path, I hope. Just send your videos on and I want to see the Totality gang rise up and see what that looked like when you're actually in the cool part of the eclipse rather than the Hey, I'm looking at a shadow of it on the sidewalk or with my bare eyes and telling my neighbor it did nothing's happening. Nothing's happening. I got that path of totality mentality. Okay, so even though I wasn't in the path, I'm still feeling it. No one can tell me I wasn't bro mentally I was.
Speaker 5: No one can.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right now, the best we got as yeah, Miles, as you were saying, it looked like an early nineties film set in the Middle East for like fifteen minutes outside it's like that, like weird Mexico sceanes in traffic. Yeah, right, exactly. Anytime we're not in the US and there's danger, how American cinema's like, and this place is not home and maybe dangerous. Yeah, yeah, yeah, exactly exactly. All right, Well, Zora, what the fuck am I doing? Zora? The Greek? Good? Have you something about? I'm not gonna blame it all on the eclipse, but it didn't help, Zara.
Speaker 1: We're gonna get to know you a little bit better in the moment. First, we're gonna tell our listeners a couple of things we're talking about today. We are talking about Trump has announced his position on abortion, and he has also announced that his second job is being a bad DJ. He's apparently so he's been djaying parties at mar A Lago, and we have a look at a selection of the songs that he's playing, and they're concerning and not necessarily in the way that you might expect. We might talk about Beyonce's Cowboy Carter album Excellent. We might even talk about another one of our favorite DJs who keeps the party going, Tucker Carlson just opened for kid Rock for some reason.
Speaker 2: Opened. Yeah, he was his opening act.
Speaker 1: Just came out and basically took that to me and like, I'm going to introduce him for three sentences.
Speaker 2: Oh oh right, right right, got it? Well drunk anyways, all that plenty more.
Speaker 1: But before we get to any of that bullshit, Zara, we do like to ask our guest, what is something from your search history?
Speaker 5: Okay, I looked up a jiff jiff Wow, a jiff Listen, don't come at me. I play Connections And if I don't understand the word and the context that I think it's insinuating, I look it up and I don't think that's cheating.
Speaker 2: So is this after after you've done so? This is the New York Times.
Speaker 5: This is Connections that I'm Okay.
Speaker 2: I was like, I'm sorry, yo, what the fuck is connections?
Speaker 1: My seven year old just discovered connections and like he's obsessed with all those games.
Speaker 5: Now I'm playing against a seven year old?
Speaker 2: What the fuck is connections? Connections?
Speaker 1: What is a grid four by four of random words or like you know, things nouns.
Speaker 5: Four to five bathroom hours of your life?
Speaker 2: Yes, and then you have to guess which which four are grouped together in two groups of.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you have to create four groups of four of this, like you know, grid of words. You have to figure out what are the groups? What are the group meanings?
Speaker 2: Year?
Speaker 5: And there's overlap, it's not obvious.
Speaker 2: So like one of them, one of the groups, I think it was yesterday, was like Charlie hobby like dark, and you had to guess that it was all things that.
Speaker 5: Could be starting with the word Charlie like.
Speaker 2: Hobby. Oh okay, I just did the first one, horse Kane, monc spat top hat. I grouped those.
Speaker 1: Sometimes Oh yeah, yeah, so wait they did one that was Jiff and within them, right, oh j is one of them?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: And I was like, is this a file name that I'm just stupid about?
Speaker 2: Like what is okay? Right?
Speaker 5: What you find and I wanted a double check. But there are some people a ka my husband, who believe that going out of the game into any other source for clarity is cheating.
Speaker 2: I mean, this is it.
Speaker 1: It's however, you want to play the game right, like I yeah, I do that all the time, like crossword.
Speaker 2: Puzzles, Like, okay, you don't see this shating.
Speaker 5: He thinks you're what you're supposed to do.
Speaker 2: Just quitting, like you don't know what means. Did your husband graduate like top of his class or something?
Speaker 5: Probably not.
Speaker 2: Oh, it feels like validict like high schooler. I don't think so, it feels like that kind of thing. Or it's like I did it the right way and no one else did and it's like sure, fool, I don't know anything.
Speaker 5: He struggles.
Speaker 2: Oh, and he doesn't like that. Yeah, you'd be shitty with me. If I'm shitty, you got to be shitty too. Don't be trying to fus on your permanent record, right right right? Oh ship, is there no rules in this world.
Speaker 5: It allows you to play the game. Otherwise you just sit there stuck.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah. But sometimes sometimes I like to put the puzzle down and then it pops into my head, what the answer is, you know what I mean?
Speaker 5: Sometimes cat GBT and I just show it the grid and I say, what are the answers? And I don't think that's cheating, right.
Speaker 2: I don't think it is the game. You're just playing the game. Sometimes I go to Google and say what are the answers to today's connection? And then I go and impress my seven year old and watch his watch. Look how fast daddy does it? Wow? You didn't get Well, that's because you're stupid. Okay, if you want me to do this new one I haven't seen. Give me like two seconds. I go over to the bathroom really quick, wash my hands. He's looking it up in there, idiot, he has no idea.
Speaker 4: I can hear you what You're using?
Speaker 2: Bad words? You're using bad words in there. No, I'm washing my hands. Wow. Kids are great because you can just trick them. You can you? Yeah, what zar? What is something you think is underrated?
Speaker 5: Okay? Can I talk about Vagina's here?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, big time? Hold on, Let me ask, Let me ask. I allowed me to ask her majesty really quick. If she's okay with babe, let me and let me ask mothers real quick. I should ask no as well talking about vaginas is okay, yep, no vaginas, no vaginas. Yeah, yeah, okay, I'm good. Good, Yeah, yeah, we're good.
Speaker 5: Okay, severely underrated? Is my extremely now large vagina, very large.
Speaker 2: Post post huge vaginas? What do we tell a huge like popular? What are we right now? It's popping off right now? Those things?
Speaker 5: I mean, I'm always trending, but physically it's like a gallon sized bag be my vaginal condom. I could just a pillow case. What a fit about?
Speaker 2: Right? Yeah?
Speaker 5: I could hold a turkey confidently, amazing, not exaggerating.
Speaker 2: What are you waiting for? You could? But what are you waiting for?
Speaker 5: The doctor could just put his head in there.
Speaker 2: I've seen a video like that. It was faked though.
Speaker 5: Or they could just put their head in there. I mean, look around and tell me how everything looks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, there'd be an echo when they when they were talking to you.
Speaker 5: It's echoing in there now, That's.
Speaker 2: What I think Justin was saying when he heard an echo earlier. We literally had a stopdown because of an echo. And you know what the problem? You offer said? Yeah, you said, maybe I'll mute yeah, okay, this is actually justin. We got to keep that whole section in.
Speaker 5: If I sit on a pillow, yeah, justin, this checks out.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah yeah muffled, Yeah, a silencer.
Speaker 5: It checks out over here to Justin. I wasn't on my pillow.
Speaker 2: At the Why is it underrated? I mean we've seen obviously now that you're you're you're showing off the elasticity. It's malleable, it's adaptable. Exactly, are we not praising enough women?
Speaker 5: We don't have pockets in our clothing. We're true, And I realized, Miles, it's because I'm supposed to reach into myself for my real person who.
Speaker 2: Needs a pocketing address. Yeah that's right. I'm fucking choky. We killed I'm okay. Oh amazing. Oh I properly rate it, I'll say that, huge fan fan.
Speaker 5: Yes, yes, it's it's yeah, it's great.
Speaker 2: Functionally, it's a lifesaver. What is something you think is overrated?
Speaker 5: Okay? Overrated? Right now? Are Republicans?
Speaker 2: Oh come on now, don't don't get us in hot water. Here's our come on, hold on, hold on, let me see if I let me ask her majesty, if I can talk about it. Yeah, talk about Republicans are bad. Yeah, I don't even have to. I don't even have to ask mother because I know she's gonna I can't.
Speaker 5: Why should you wait to see what they're gonna say?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 5: Why why do we treat them like anything other than one dimensional cult leaders?
Speaker 2: Wait? Do you hear this one? Though? They said something that you are going to disagree with. We'll be right back.
Speaker 5: What are the Republicans?
Speaker 2: What do you care? Right?
Speaker 5: They're committing treason. They don't care about the American people. Most of them are working for either corporations with foreign interest or just foreign interest.
Speaker 2: Right right, right, depending on the checkside right now? Yeah, and how good you are with your accounting.
Speaker 5: They're just one dimensional villains.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean there is a It's funny because I feel like it must just be like in the media too, they're like, I mean, I know, I know so many of them. I can't just go like and like be real clear about who they are next time I'm on a news broadcast. But yeah, I mean there's there is always this version of covering the Republicans about treat like again, treating it like a political part. And I feel like we always see these kinds of headlines. There's ones like to your point where you're like shocked, OMG, what has what are Republicans doing? And then then you also see these headlines too on more like liberal news outlets, like we need to just stop calling the Republicans a political party. It's a straight up cult. Let's stop and knock it off, and like it just it just always goes between those two extremes rather than just being like, yeah, I mean most people in politics, even in the Democratic side, pretty unseerious, people who were just driven out of self interest. But yeah, yeah, yeah, it's a party. Sure, it's a party of free So what's.
Speaker 5: The right answer, though, Miles, what what are we supposed to do? Whenever I hear a binary, I'm trained to listen for the third option, and I can feel myself wanting to be a part of that group that just as they're just call leaders, just call them all monsters. Let's I'll move on with it. Yeah, what is the alternative?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I feel like the mainstream media, like still, you know, they're trying to triangulate. They're always putting themselves at the direct center between they feel like that is the way to be unbiased to put themselves in a direct center between a democratic and Republican party that have like slowly been moving right word for decades, and so it's just what is so, yeah, and acting like it is a normal political party does sort of normalize them.
Speaker 2: At the same time if we.
Speaker 1: Totally ignore it, like I feel, I feel like there is a danger of getting too used to it, that which you know, we've been talking about since twenty seventeen, like the historical analogy that the Nazis when they first came onto the scene were front page news in Germany and everyone was like shocked and outraged and couldn't believe this was happening. But then by the time they swept to power, they were like backpage news because everyone was just fucking used to it and tired of it. And it's hard not to fall into that trap, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Yeah, I don't know. I mean, I think it's just it's just worth I think paying attention, but also not being like whatever, they're a cult and moving on it's like no, it's yes, and it's like yes, and they have a tremendous amount of power that they can exercise. Yeah, yeah, So yeah, I think there there's also that version too that you see like liberal like news sites, pundits kind of like again, like do the thing Jack talking about, just like laugh them off. But that's definitely from a perspective where yeah, you can just like those are the kinds of people who are like, it doesn't matter if they're my life doesn't change qualitatively if they're in power, So like they're just a bunch of you know, like whatever, rather than you know, just putting your hands in your head or your head in your hands and being like, oh god, what the what are they going to try to do? Because every day it's there, it's always you know, going a little bit further and further and further.
Speaker 5: Yes, the population of people that are shocked by them and say things like calm down as they continue to you know, enjoy and flex more and more of their power. Yeah, I would rather go outside and look at the eclipse. Yeah, just then listen to more. It's just ah, it's so maddening everything, like we are losing everything, you know. Yeah, now I'm just chicken little.
Speaker 2: Falling. Yeah. Yeah, And that's and that's the Biden campaign slogan. Hey, but but look over there, look at those guys, huh, all right, here's me. I'm just don't ask me for specifics here. I'm just gonna say not them, how about that? Not them? And we're good. Yeah, but yeah, it's I think it's just because we don't we don't. I think the other thing is that we're missing from American discourse is we don't have us. We don't have already an agreed upon set of values that we think like that are rights. Like we've completely obscured that conversation. Yeah we did, like a I don't know, and there's like a bill of rights or something like that. I'm saying, everything's been like so weapon like, it's just it's all just a it's a fucking rhetorical baton to like beat each other with, rather than be like, hey, does should everyone be able to eat? All right? Raise your hand, if everyone should be able to have food? Okay, you say no free handouts, right, Like both sides are saying no free handouts fun, right. I think that would be that would be interesting to be able to articulate those things, or at least for voters to be able to say, like, I don't know, I guess because it's all on the voters now to be able to tell people what they need, Like why don't you toes, I don't know, not to die of medical debt or things like that.
Speaker 5: Be nice?
Speaker 2: Is that a thing?
Speaker 5: Oh my god? That makes me want to talk about that New York Times article, But I don't want to derail us. Which one the one about the data firm? I forget what it was called multi something that was helping companies like Anthem and Etna undercut a bunch of physical therapists and other out of network providers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you hear about this, Yeah, I saw.
Speaker 1: The whole business model is to find ways to not pay for the coverage that it is there to pay for.
Speaker 5: But this is like beyond that, Like this is getting into like the behavior modification that like social media does and previously the CIA, where like they identify using a data a data analytics company, the kind of health providers that you need but don't need in a dire way. They just sort of improve your life and so they undercut and undermine your needs there by and also modify your behavior so that like you apply for physical therapy. Physical therapy is the thing that like, yeah, it's going to improve your life. It's going to fix things. But like if you don't have it, you'll live without it and take more medication. Right, And so when you have an out of network provider, they go, sure, yeah, go ahead, but we'll reimburse you thirty bucks.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 5: And meanwhile, they require the physical therapist to charge you one hundred and seventy five. And if the physical therapist doesn't charge you one hundred seventy five or over one hundred and fifty for thirty minutes, then they threaten to no longer accept the claims of that physical therapist. Weird, and they're able to like do these like micromodifications because of this data analytics company support. Anyway, this is all you're hearing from me, and you have no way of verifying it, but it's best if you just believe me.
Speaker 1: Again, we will like off to the story in the footnotes. So but yeah, that sounds entirely like what every piece of that industry is designed and like incentivized to do, right, which is like find ways to not pay, like on their end, for for things that it is their job to pay for.
Speaker 2: It seems like or is it or is that a right? Right? No? Right, you know, because right now, I think the only thing there is a right that is agreed upon by both parties is the right to wildly profit off of your business. I think it's like the one thing. Yeah, like, no matter what. Yeah, okay, we can, we can shake hands over that. Anything else starts getting you know, freaky socialist y. Yeah, yeah, I know.
Speaker 5: But this is the thing. This is the kind of ship that leads way to fascism because everybody starts to just get fed up and mad and you start to vote for the candidate that is like because I said.
Speaker 2: So right, right, yeah, but I think if I was.
Speaker 5: A fascist dictator, I would do it right.
Speaker 2: Thank you, thank you, And that is what we are here to say. And that fist that's the first thought, the first thought of every great fascista. Nah nah, I got this, I got it. I got it this time. I'm gonna be able to deliver, trust me, trust me, I got it.
Speaker 5: I got it if I was a fascist dictator.
Speaker 2: No no, no, no, no no no no no. All right, let's take a quick break and we will be right back, and we're back. Donald Trump has announced his position on abortion.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's just hilarious considering he's forced women to have them.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, of course he you know, brought this Supreme Court into existence that overturned Row. So I think we know where right right. Well, look, last week we were talking about the Florida abortion ban and how like the Florida State Supremes Court was like all right, look man, yeah, we we're gonna go to like a six week band. But also there will be a ballot measure where the voters can decide in November if they truly want to have no body bodily autonomy or any kind of access to healthcare and things like that, And a lot of the questions around that were like, well, what's Trump gonna do because before he's talked about Ronda Santis' like six week band talk, like when Ronda Santis was a candidate in the primary. But what now, like, is he gonna say I agree, because that's sort of like the thing that all the sort of major conservative pundits really want and the obviously the evangelicals also want out of a president or would he say abortion is good? Probably not. But we got our answer Monday, and it isn't a shock to me that, like rather than saying like we will pursue an all out federal ban on abortion. He went with the status quo, which is just to be like, I think the states should decide, and he did throw, you know, a wacky lie out about how Democrats want to do post birth executions for good measure, just to make that seem extreme, rather than be like, yeah, I don't know, whatever you and a doctor decide, that seems reasonable. But even though he tried to have like this non answer type answer, he still managed to like get abortion advocates fucking rightly pissed off because they're pointing out that him saying that is just giving the go ahead for red states to just do whatever the fuck they want to do. But then also at the same time, he pissed off the conservatives because they were looking for him to be like, I'm god, I will as president pursue a federal ban on abortion, and when he didn't do that, they're like, you fuck you, fucked us, you fucked us. I think it's I think it's just truly, he knows how unpopular it is to be anti choice, so like, he is smart enough to know that that isn't a popular opinion. So I think what he's trying to do again, he just wants to come off as reasonable because it's still early doors and maybe he can get a few independents and then he can turn the turn the dial up as he needs to to to, you know, get the evangelicals a little bit more energized to go to the polls.
Speaker 1: But yeah, it's his MEDA commentary on abortion has always been like, it's very stupid to overturn it because it's some popular but then, right, we let him do the meta commentary and then also be like, and now he has announced his official position, which is just like, you know, it's the horse race coverage.
Speaker 5: I just I want to bring in a new angle on this. I think it's really messed up that he didn't credit Kim Kardashian for his standpoint.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, wow, yeah.
Speaker 5: Kim Kardashian invented the do you.
Speaker 2: Oh oh, I thought Kim Kardashian came out as I think it's a states rights issue.
Speaker 5: She would because it's the do you of right, right.
Speaker 2: I think the States should decide what do you think about Nazis? That's like it's not for me, but like do you do you? Do you really do you Nazis?
Speaker 5: Yes, there was a period of time if you remember when people were saying that.
Speaker 2: Right, right, do you think everybody else's robots? Is that? How that's the only way that that you do you? Wait? So what they are mean? Yeah, look, I'm not saying vaccines cause injuries?
Speaker 5: But do you should I try a tired pod?
Speaker 2: Do you? Do you? Yeah? Do you want to? I like it as a comprehensive philosophy.
Speaker 1: You know it works. Yeah, it makes life so much easier.
Speaker 2: Yeah, to to be Switzerland and World War two? Yeah? Do you? I have a lot of good friends who are pro genocide, So do you? Yeah? Do you? And you know, it's just hard. We hang out all the time. We don't talk about politics because they're so insanely wealthy. But but just do you, like, it's just I don't want to bring up I don't want to bring up like real ideas up when I'm trying to bask in my millionaire existence, billionaire existence, whatever it.
Speaker 5: Is, multi billionaire.
Speaker 1: The Rock kind of dabbled in this, you know, political stance of do you while also saying that the main problem that we're facing though is woke cancel culture. So he was like, do you But actually the real problem is that people are too mean to Jordan Peterson. Yeah, yeah, the Rock is a shitty guy. It turns out, damn it.
Speaker 2: I know it was happening slowly, slowly, slowly, you know, just slowly revealing him stuff a little bit more, a little bit more. I mean the cheat meals was the day giveaway.
Speaker 1: Yeah, cheat meals to be like, yeah, I eat like all you little piggies, look at me, I'm m YOUM pancakes, but like you're not eating them. We can tell you're not anyway.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're you're shaking, sweating, pretending even pretending that you want to eat this. But then I remember that other one I remember a few years ago. It's like this is my cheat meal and it was like six hundred dollars worth of sushi. Yeah, yeah, that one, I believe that feels more to me, like what he would do. It's like his cheat meals, like it costs six hundred dollars. I eat six hundred dollars of sushi and that he is not eating. And yeah, chocolate chip ha.
Speaker 5: Stanley cup of salt water.
Speaker 2: Yeah of eel sauce. Yeah, I drink a Stanley forty ounce Stanley quincher full of eel sauce. All right.
Speaker 1: We also found out something about Trump over the weekend when Roseanne went viral, Oh my god, with a video from a GOP fundraiser where she basically said, you know, don't go to college.
Speaker 2: Do me a favor. Drop out. They don't teach you nothing in college. Email me or Twitter me or whatever you call me, and I'll help you with your life. But you got to get out of.
Speaker 1: College because it isn't nothing but a bunch of devil worship in baby blood drinking Democratic donors. That's a direct quote. And Jack, you should really you should have you. Did you see the clip of her when she delivered this. She had her like hair wrapped like she was miss Cleo. Oh no in this like wooden room.
Speaker 2: Oh my hear that. I'm sorry that you already read it, but watching her, hearing her say it, I haven't seen it.
Speaker 5: You had me at miss Cleo.
Speaker 6: Hey girl, how are you doing. I'm here at Lago supporting Harry Lake and it was a fantastic game and our Trump is here.
Speaker 2: Being the DJ, and I've just.
Speaker 6: Danced and everyone's amazed. So I'm just going to say to you, please drop out of college because it's going to ruin your lives.
Speaker 2: Whoa drop out?
Speaker 6: I don't teach you nothing good. Email Winter, call me and I'll help you with your lives.
Speaker 2: But you've got to get out.
Speaker 6: Of college because it isn't nothing but gamble, worshiping baby blood drinking Democrat donors.
Speaker 2: That's what college is. Wait, I'm sorry Trump is DJ. That that's the only thing I got.
Speaker 5: From that, And now we know what they're all drinking.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, exactly, Trumpet to ruin.
Speaker 5: She really said to enjoy that.
Speaker 2: Then she's like and they were all amazed, like she completely glossed. He was like, yeah, like everyone's amazed. I think she I couldn't tell people were amazed by her dancing or by the Trump being the DJ. I think they were amazed at someone could take that, like eat that many z bars of like dan X and drink and still be dancing somehow. And I just time fabled here from about two hours ago when I swore I asked somebody to take me home. But I guess there's a video of me. I'm dancing and don't go to college because Democrats would drink your baby and then you will be a demon donor.
Speaker 5: How did that video come about like obvious. I feel like somebody at Bar a Lago was like Roseanne, come here.
Speaker 2: Was she's so fucked up, let's get this on camera. You'll get her to send your cousin a fucking thing about going to college. Did she'll tell you anything? Right, she's at the top, She's like shouting out somebody, let me hear them.
Speaker 6: Hey bro.
Speaker 5: Oh bro go pro Earl grow You know it was go pro right.
Speaker 2: I don't know Earl Grove Australia. I don't know.
Speaker 5: I don't know me and song lyrics too.
Speaker 2: I just can't. But maybe it was somebody like a woke mega parent like had like divorced them, being like, hey, I feel like if I get Roseanne to tell my kid to drop out of college, they'll they'll actually call me again.
Speaker 5: I mean, if Republicans stop going to college, college should be a much more enjoyable place.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it's not for them there. It's not safe for them there. They really safe. Yeah, yeah, yeah, you should come by my college. You come by my college, I'll teach you all the secrets of looking into directly into the sun and putting a you know, a farragun massage. Wand right to your temple, and we'll just do that stuff to kind of raise our vibration so we can break out of the woke paradigm.
Speaker 5: Thank you, Yeah, go do that.
Speaker 2: Too much anxiety, too many bad thoughts, Give me that, Sarah gun. So the big takeaway for a lot of people is the idea of trumps moon lighting is a DJ, which Axios immediately chased it down. The intrepid reporters at Axios we're like, okay, wait, what the fuck?
Speaker 1: And Trump has apparently been moonlighting as the in house DJ at his golf clubs for years.
Speaker 2: And so then.
Speaker 1: We get to which just means he has a Spotify playlist that he makes everybody listen to.
Speaker 2: He's do you want to get my DJ? I'm gonna get my DJ. Let me get my DJ booth and he just gets an iPad and you're like a fuck, And you know it's an iPad for sure. You know it's a fucking iPad. Of course it is. Does DJ being a.
Speaker 5: DJ still like make people likable? Is that what they're going for?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 5: Is that how he connects with the DJ?
Speaker 2: Still DJ? Still got DJ, still got social cache, you know what I mean? But you got to actually rock a party. That's the only thing. You can't just party. You can't pull up and say you're a DJ.
Speaker 5: Name goes Miles, Miles, Miles. He's rocking the Republican party.
Speaker 2: Can't you rock a party? Though? Look at me with my eighties idea of being a DJ. Look, I was born in the young man rock a party though? All right? I mean, ever since I saw we are your friends, I've had a new appreciation for what it means to be a DJ. And yes they are cool. I do just want to take a brief look at his playlist, because.
Speaker 5: What do we got here?
Speaker 1: So he's got Fano of the Opera, Jesus Christ Superstar, Suspicious minds Okay, a little bit plus Hello by Lionel Ritchie, Guns and Roses, November Rain Snead O'Connor. Is nothing compares to you like playing Hello? And nothing compares to you at a party?
Speaker 2: Oh my god hates him? Yeah, oh yeah, I know he has no clue. Yeah right, no, well you know that's just link to even she does. A depressed person like you would if anybody besides Donald Trump played fucking nothing compares to you at a party, like everyone would just be like yo, are you? Are you right? Like right before it's like Jesus Christ super star, You're like, what the fuck fifteen You're like, oh no.
Speaker 1: I mean it just we've seen before the dictators like are like a lot of the time driven by an inner like sad creative like Hitler was a failed artist. It's just so funny to realize that Trump is like a failed you know, musician comedian DJ. Like that's he's just this like sad emo bitch who like wants everybody to like feel his feeling. And it's it's so wild to me, like we could stop all of this if we just made him the host of the Tonight show, Like we we could stop it all right.
Speaker 5: This is all really mess up because they're turning this country into the Middle East. And meanwhile, I.
Speaker 2: Can't go home right everything about it? Right, he's uh, the having such like you know, sad songs. That's that's not what I do. But again that's the difference. Is it me looking for Oh god, he just we're not like it's like it's it's true. But that's why I think DJ is a misnomer because you have to call it for what it is. It's a fucking narcissist with the ox cable. That's what it is, and that's my nightmare is someone like there's nothing worse than someone who's like, has no self awareness and is like, I know what the people want musically, You're like, no, dude, you don't even know what You don't even know what the fuck you want? You even know what drives you because lack of any kind of introspection. And then he puts on the Luciano Pavaratti and James Brown duet version of It's a man's man's Man's World What and then into Macho man by fucking the village man.
Speaker 1: We've all seen him dance for that one where he does the like jerking off two guys hand motion.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's got I'm actually doing you to shake ways, actually doing tricep isolation workouts.
Speaker 5: Are we really gearing up for another Trump slash presidency?
Speaker 2: Sorry? Like I said, if enough people say, hey, November, take your time, take your time, take your time. But who knows, Yeah, and we might who knows, Maybe we'll be doing this podcast in some kind of political prison in a few years. Hey, you know, we'll do it fun releasing like pigeon you know, like mini discs.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you're just talking to bricks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, talking to bricks or who knows, or maybe the Rock will be president and then we'll all have to we'll be in our mandated steroid use classes together to make sure that we have the strongest army in America in the world.
Speaker 5: This is the worst day for me to come off Molly.
Speaker 2: God, the day after Molly. No serotonin, no serotonin left. Help me.
Speaker 5: Don't worry, folks, I'm pumping and dumping my breast milk.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's good, you're like, yeah, but then, yeah, never mind pumping and dumping it down my gullet. I'm gonna say, like, is there any leftover md m A traces of m d m A that you could then synthesize? That sounds like a really grim question. And and just for full disclosure, this is a bit okay, so I'm not asking.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we're not any of this.
Speaker 2: You're not actually doing Molly and pumping and dumby.
Speaker 5: But you know how hardcore I am about taking care of my baby. I would pump and dump my breast milk not because there's traces, but because it might give her reflux. On top of the wrong.
Speaker 2: Oh you know what shellfish, what do you have to what do you eat that that that that causes that in the baby reflex specific things. Yeah, this is.
Speaker 5: Very controversial topic, Miles, because a lot of Elsie's will tell you that these things don't give the baby reflux. That actually other things are going on, like a tongue tie. But pediatricians both is something in the mother's breast milk causing the reflux. It will blame your coffee that will put you on a reflux tight and then they'll tell you, you know, babies are.
Speaker 2: Just gassy, right, So wait, is there an answer that's like, So, it's this thing where like lactation consultants and then pediatricians have differing views, and.
Speaker 5: I mean, how are you going to figure it out? Because by the time you get down to it, your baby's digestive system has developed. You're now past that milestone and now they're fine, and you don't know what did it right?
Speaker 2: Right? Right? And also your brain kind of forgets a lot of the worst parts of like that first year.
Speaker 5: Yes, but the thing to remember was that you failed as a mom, right right, Yes, yes, forget the reason why.
Speaker 2: Just there's so much there is so much like fucking like pro breast milk sort of propaganda that like, it definitely makes anyone who isn't producing enough breast milk feel completely less than because it's like totally you're not producing. Oh my god, are you? Are you? Are you a loving parent? It's like, oh Jesus, dude, relax man. People are sucking people.
Speaker 5: Everyone's body is different and if you're just joining us. Sarah is a repeat guest who just had a baby a year ago, and it's all she talks about.
Speaker 2: Yeah, rightfully. So Beautiful Child, Beautiful Child, DJ Wonderful, one of the best DJs you've ever seen. She played a remix of this Justice track I had heard in a long time, and I was just like, wow, this is she knows that she knows the hits she likes. She likes the French DM stuff too.
Speaker 5: She's a big Taylor Swift fan.
Speaker 2: All right, yeah, Taylor Swift.
Speaker 5: Taylor Swift and Britney Spears.
Speaker 2: Okay, wow, Yeah. My kids were into the Beatles when they were very young, and then don't remember any of the songs that they were into when they were are they like you're lying, dude?
Speaker 5: Ye?
Speaker 2: Sh'S Lucy in the sky with diamonds. Dude, out of here. All right, let's take a quick break and we'll be right back. And we're back.
Speaker 1: We're back, and so is Beyonce, topping the charts number one on the Billboard Charts, making it the biggest week of twenty twenty four in terms of equivalent album sales.
Speaker 2: To the Casey's Top hundred. Yeah, I'm old enough to remember. Case Those are the days he spoke. It was so he had such a radio voice. Ass fucks me up, unbelievable. I remember one time I moved. When I moved from New York to Dayton, I was like third grade and didn't know anybody and just got real into Casey's Top hundred countdown. I was just like, Oh man, what's it gonna be this week? Huh? I just drew a face on what'd you do? We went to Great America Theme Park? Oh yeah, I went to a baseball game. What about you, Jack. I pulled up my little radio by my bad and I listened to Casey case and wanted to see what the top song. I made a chart of what the top songs were. I think I can predict the next one based on what my data. Oh, anyways, Cowboy Carter is at the top of the Billboards Country Albums chart, making beyond say, the first black woman to ever have led the top country album's list since I was created in nineteen sixty four. And the inevitable racist backlash that occurred too, when people were like keep country clean and You're like, what what is that mean? We were talking about this last week. I was like, Hey, if anyone is interested in what the contribution of black Americans has been to country music, Ken Burns made a fantastic documentary about it. You can you can see with your own eyes how this how this genre came to be. But the album, Man, when I first when I heard she's doing a country album, I was like, that's right. I'm all right, yeah, Like as a genre, not really for me, I don't. I'm not like a big fan of that kind of guitar picking. But the album, again, you have to remember that Beyonce's an actual artist, and that's what she's like. I'm just gonna do a bunch of cover songs. It's like, it's really good that one track, Bodyguard. I really like it feels like I'm listening to yacht rock or something.
Speaker 5: Oh she's Beyonce.
Speaker 2: Wait, let me make sure it's that one. Yeah, that one. There's one. There's just like it's yeah, I'm.
Speaker 5: It's literally the only time I've liked country.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and there's a I liked all the party. There's spaghetti. You know that shit goes hard too, Yeah, its not spaghetti. Levi's Jeans single handedly made Levi's stock rise twenty percent. That's how powerful she is. Wow, Yeah, that's incredible. How how can how can they measure that? Do you just say?
Speaker 1: The stock has been trading at a certain level. That album came out at the beginning of the weekend, and on Monday morning it was trading twenty percent.
Speaker 5: The son of watching racism afoot because like, so Trump had this power with sales on The Apprentice one time they tracked that like he's promoted Pontiacs on the show. They had a pontiac advertisement and then like within those two minutes they sold something like fifteen thous and Pontiacs or something is something like that, and then everyone's like whoa wow, capitalism. And then when it's a black woman selling Levi's even they're like scrambling, like, well, is that really true?
Speaker 2: Like Pulst Malone's actually on the track with her, so I think I think we actually can't really say it's up to her, Like, h.
Speaker 5: Wait, I'm like, this is when you know capitalism is just racist, right, Capitalism is working in front of you.
Speaker 2: There's just time. Yeah. I was just I guess dubious because I'm like, you always hear these things, and I'm like, it just always feels like a factoid that people put out, but it's hard for me to actually discern what, how how that all occurs? I mean I get in the obvious, like when people are, you know, out there with like a specific product and you're like, oh, that thing. But then I guess with Levi's like everything, people still buy Levi's they didn't before this song came out, yet I feel like I'm sales. I'm just I'm like, oh, it's like that, like everyone's like, oh shit, you know what I need the genes that everyone already has. Yes, here's genes.
Speaker 5: Madonna did this with Bras, Beyonce's doing it with Levi's with Cone Bras. I guess so I guess it was.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I just remember that because there was this whole period of time where the bra It was all about what looks natural is right right braw lists, and then Madonna came out with the cone Bras, and then all of a sudden there was like new structured bras and gnets and oh and now it's Levi's.
Speaker 2: I still can't find the cone bra anywhere though. Behind you, Miles, it's behind you. Oh the cone Bras coming from my vagina. Yeah, I love that. Just as an example of CEO brand a quote from Levi's CEO, I would just say that Denim is having a moment and the Levi's brand is having a powerful moment around the world, So you know, powerful moments.
Speaker 1: This company just got lucky by being name checked in a Beyonce song. But he's like, yeah, we're kind of surfing a.
Speaker 2: Wave right now. Yeah, and yeah, we're doing so good. Most people know to never buy our products at full price on our website because we have a sale pretty much every three fucking days. We've actually been on sale since the late seventies, So yeah, have you noticed though, Like there's so many websites like that where like if you look, you're like, like, if there's not a sales like, don't buy it, man, because this This shit goes on sale like like clockwork all the time and fank care price.
Speaker 5: Huh, myles, that's so insensitive. It's because of all the shoplifting and the crime waves.
Speaker 2: Won't you think of the four CEO of Levis. Yeah, I'm sorry, I'm sorry. It's the crime waves. It's the crime waves. My bad, My bad. That's on me. That's on me.
Speaker 5: They had to close their web doors.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we have to hire web security guards to watch you as you shop online. We don't know what you're gonna do. If you're gonna walk out here with forty pairs of jeans, We don't know, by.
Speaker 5: The way, code forty pairs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, mm hmm, oh you did you listen? Did you like the Blackbird cover too? Did you see how like Paul McCartney also had to like come out and be like it's good. Yeah, everybody chill the fuck out, dude. So many that's the other thing with this album, Like, that's the other part that I think is interesting though too, just because she's like people were like it's a cover or something. It's like, yeah, she said that. And also do you hear Dolly Parton be like I bless I hear by bless this album My Life Force. You're like, try Beyonce, you can't fool us.
Speaker 5: Wait what Meanwhile, the cover to Fast Car, everyone's just like all drooling over.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was one of the best performances I've ever seen. Okay, not really because of him, but he made it happen, right Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, man, what a hero bringing the song back.
Speaker 2: What a hero? Yeah. Well, speaking of heroes bringing the song back, another person who's crossing over into new realms. Tucker Carlson just opened for Kid Rock for some reason. Also like it seems like a lot of conservative luminaries are just like showing up drunk on the job because he and music. Yeah, because he just came out and was like kind of giving a rambling, possibly drunken speech from a lectern that was basically about how Kid Rock asked him to be his opener, and he responded, concert, Oh yeah, that's how fucking lit the show is. Did they bring a lecture or not? You're like, Yo, who's this fucking opener, dude, I'm not trying to get fucking talking to It was six minutes.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 1: I don't know, like it seems impot like obviously, you know, I can't. I just can't imagine what he said because the quotes we have, but I don't.
Speaker 2: Play an instrument. Kid Rock said, that's okay, all right, So here do we have the audio? There's here. I mean, this is one section of it of people being like, this is how fucked about him being? Or I guess America being fucked up in beautiful anyway, Here here's a moment of it.
Speaker 4: The country they tell me about on the internet.
Speaker 2: Is fucked up?
Speaker 5: Why is he there?
Speaker 7: The country that I experience when.
Speaker 2: I walk through this crowd as a cis white male with millions of dollars with yacht rock work up in my.
Speaker 7: Town of one hundred people in a rural area.
Speaker 2: It's like, because because I bought the whole town to make sure I live only when you're hundred people is a beautiful country? Oh yes, yes, of course, of course. Yeah.
Speaker 5: This is how well the Republican Party is doing. Every time you see a Republican pundit idiot, asshole mouthface, you're like, aren't you supposed to be in jail?
Speaker 2: Right? Yeah?
Speaker 5: I like one hundred people right now trying to sue you separately.
Speaker 2: I don't know, you know, I chew these nicotine pouches that I keep telling everybody about that. I'm I think I might be wild.
Speaker 5: To got a lectern right there.
Speaker 2: I'm just serious. What is it? Has a seal podium? Let me just hear what his first words? Oh my god, you're welcome, Thank you, power Cord. I feel welcome, thank you.
Speaker 5: Oh wow, I just want to stay.
Speaker 2: What am I doing here? Uh huh yeah. This is not my house, this is my car, this is not my beautiful wife.
Speaker 5: I don't really know how don't you be in jail?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, thank you.
Speaker 7: So I wound up here tonight because I was having dinner at my house with kid Rock.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, never mind, and not in a.
Speaker 7: Few months ago, and he said, I think he likes my house because you can smoke in my house.
Speaker 2: Uh cool, what dude? Never mind? All right? Sorry we failed, as we failed collectively as a nation. I'm so sorry. Never mind. Wow. Wow, Yeah you know what, Zara? When can I vote for you as fascist? For a fascist takeover? I'm starting to believe. Yeah, I think you may have you may got you may got this one. You got on top of it. Yeah, okay, yep, I'm willing to believe that.
Speaker 5: If I was a fascist dictator.
Speaker 2: Zara, what a pleasure having you? Where can people find you? Follow you, vote for you, all that good stuff. Yeah, she doesn't need you to vote as a fascist. Let's be real.
Speaker 5: I don't need your vote. I just need you to do nothing when I take over.
Speaker 2: Right, you'll participate in the resistance against the coup. Now, don't be no resistance.
Speaker 5: I can't be a hero if you don't let me.
Speaker 2: I like that logic. Guys, I'm trying to be a hero. You just gotta let me. You just gotta let me. Just step aside.
Speaker 5: And that's my platform.
Speaker 2: Folks.
Speaker 5: You can find me at Zara Comedy on all of the things, including the X and uh, I'll be teaching a class called builder building a writer's habit. Oh yeah, if you're yeah, struggling with your writing, yeah, I can help you in four weeks.
Speaker 2: God damn.
Speaker 5: Okay, yeah, catch me at Pandemic University. I'm dipping my toe back in to working working life. Yes, yes, yeah, come check it out. And uh also DM me and stuff on the Twitter.
Speaker 2: Email me, are you doing that?
Speaker 5: Come to my house and babysit.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah yeah yeah yeah, And.
Speaker 5: That's where I'm working on a book called my memoir. Hey, that is slowly killing me. Why do people write memoirs? Is this they can reflect back on their life's regrets and just maybe, how do I write this?
Speaker 2: And you're writing it yourself too, so they're not even like it's funny you even hear.
Speaker 5: People have Miles, I hired you to be my ghost writer, like twelve times.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, I keep telling you I'm really high, and I forget every time I panic, and then I just and I send you some chat GPT stuff and you get really angry, and I was like, I told you, I don't think I'm good for this. But it's wild to hear even how people when they have a ghostwriter for a memoir, they're like, it's the hardest thing I've ever had to do, or like.
Speaker 5: I have believe that the delving. You can't get around it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, the delving, delving, the delving.
Speaker 5: By the way, full disclosure of Miles is my babysitter. He and I were doing Molly last.
Speaker 2: Night, okay, full discolo.
Speaker 5: WHI else we missed the eclipse that way, I know, I know.
Speaker 2: I fucked up. And then we slept in and I feel really bad about everything. I feel really bad about it all.
Speaker 5: Thank you for owning it.
Speaker 2: I know, that's why. That's why as Penance, I looked up into the sun like you asked me to pop died and I kept saying, this is what I want, This is what I want, This is how I wanted it to be. Great affirmation.
Speaker 5: Do you hear that? Folks? If I'm a fascist dictator, you.
Speaker 1: Will be able to stare at the sun. Is there a work media you've been enjoying?
Speaker 5: Okay, I haven't been. I just want to. I literally just watched Bluey or my nanit my camera surveillance of my daughter, and this is all I've got, folks. But I can tell you that the Promises episode of BLUEI made me cry.
Speaker 2: Blurry yeah, blonde, yea blurry's always got to beat the A certain genocide qual about it? Which one is the promises one? Is that the one where they're climbing on the Yeah, oh god, play jam.
Speaker 5: And will you catch me? And she says, I promise.
Speaker 2: I can't watch that. It's gonna suck me up too bad. It's too much.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there really is too much, too much amazing miles. Where can people find you as they're working media, you've been enjoying.
Speaker 2: Uh, find me where they got at Symbols, at Miles of Gray, Find Jack and I on the Basketball podcast, where wow, man, there's just a lot of a lot of great NBA action. It is fantastic. Yeah, I mean NBA action. Yeah he he he fell into making the stallion at the game the other day. It was really something else, real celebrities. So it's cool when you see that kind of stuff. And also find me on four twenty talk about ninety day fiance. Let's see a tweet. I like, oh man, so look for all the hip hop heads out there, we know that Drake came or not Drake Kendrick came for Drake and Jake Cole and everyone's like, oh shit, we got got a good old fashion rap battle coal and it's been a while and now we're not trying to go to the mattresses and talk about gun talking. None of that just pure emcism happening. And then I think it was Sunday or Saturday. J Cole basically he released a track. He released a response track. Everyone was like, this isn't as let's be real, You're not He didn't feel like your heart was in it. Kendrick really kind of got you. And then he apologized to Kendrick at his show, which I don't you know whatever. He basically said, you know what, people were gassing me up telling me I should have released something. I released. This really not how I feel and I shouldn't have done that. My bad. And a lot of people are clowning him because it's like, why even put a response out if you're gonna apologize, this is the least hip hop shit. Just don't even respond. And roy Wood Junior a lot of people were talking about, but Roywood Junior, past guest at roy Wood Junior did tweet a quote. BT Awards got to have an apology slash compliment cipher this year because it's always a cipher for the new mcason. Now that I'd be like, yeah, let's let's change it, let's do something different. But apparently Drake is still in the laboratory and apparently will release some kind of response. But I think I don't think you should try it, because Kendrick, I'd say, just as an artist is better is better than you. You sell more albums, Drake, But I believe lyrics as an artist Kendrick has the edge. But again, that's just this washed millennial from Los Angeles' opinion and I could be biased because it's kadot all day over here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, another comment on the same thing else not at least tweeted Jake Cole realized he was conflicted, misusing his influence, abusing his power. Full of resentment, a resentment that turned into a deep thread on PIMPA Butterfly. I also like stone Cold Jane Austin's tweet when the moon hits her knees and you miss pronounced tree is sick Gamore. You can find me on Twitter at Jack Underscore O'Brien. You can find also on Twitter at daily Zeit Guy's Bread, the Daily Zeit Guys on Instagram. We have a Facebook fan page and a website, Daily zei Guys dot com, where we post our episode z and our footnotes.
Speaker 2: We link off to the information that we talked about in today's episode, as well as a song that we think you might enjoy. What's the song you think, people? I got man, there's this artist, this young artist from the UK from London, lowly young, whom I fuck with her shit so I just love her music. A few weeks ago, or maybe a couple of months ago, we wrote out. I recommended her one of her tracks. It was called Conceited, and I described her I think back then as like if Adele was like smoking cigarettes and doing drugs in high school, like this is kind of the artist she would turn into. Now I'm kind of being like she. If I want to give a different example, it's like a like a Amy Winehouse and Lily Allen kind of combo of like playful lyrics but also really great voice and just like has like a swag about her. She has like she has a new album coming out and like just releasing songs dripped by Drip. So the song that I want people to listen to is Big Brown Eyes, uh. And it's actually there's an EP called Big Brown Eyes where there's like four other tracks or three other tracks on it, and it's to the production on it is just like dope, man, it's just super I don't know, it's got that. I don't know, man, it's something to it. Yeah, a bit of a Jena psych quah, but I just like that the first words, like the first lyrics in this song are you can eat ship. But it's done melodically and it's like, that's a it's catchy because like when the first like you can eat shit and you're like, yep, look like big brown eyes Lola Young get into it because I'm telling you, I feel like she's gonna have a huge career. She's already like blown up. But yeah, big brown eyes is the big brown eyes. She's talking about the thing that you would eat shit out of. We don't know. It's actually it's about complicated relationship. Okay, like a young it's funny, you know how like when younger artists like you can tell their songs are truly about like how bad they're like, they're really writing from experience. They're like, oh no, like this sounds like every personal fuck you. Yeah, you're like, but it's a pop though.
Speaker 6: Wow.
Speaker 2: Okay, review off to that in the footnotes. The Daily That Guy is the production of by Heart Radio.
Speaker 1: For more podcasts from My Heart Radio, visit the Heart Radio w ap Apple podcast or wherever you listen to your favorite show. That's gonna do it for us this morning, back this afternoon to tell you what is trending, and we will talk to you all then Bye bye, my uh