Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, Podcasts, radio News.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 3: I'm Carol Masser along with Tim Stanwick. Let's get you some stocks on the move today. We're joined by Bloomberg News Earning specialist Rachel Pua. She is here in our Bloomberg Interactive Broker's studio. All Right, stocks on the move, what's your first stock? Yeah, so, I think this is the one that's been talked about quite a bit, but Lockheat Monton. You know, it's one of the companies that has had a quite a pretty tumultous week. But it shares kind of up today. And you know this is because we saw that Trump said on True Social that he wants to raise the US defense budget to one point five trillion dollars, which is almost one and a half times this years budget. Out of defense companies are also kind of seeing a similar trajectory with your shares. Just yesterday, the stocks also tumbled when Trump said that he wanted to stop them from issuing dividends and doing buybacks. So it's been quite a week forsa quite twenty four hours for these companies.
Speaker 1: The week's not over.
Speaker 3: Tough to be a defense company in the last twenty four hours, or is it?
Speaker 1: I don't know, I don't know. You know what's funny is that the five a five million dollar that would be the limit for the executive pay is what it was was talked about.
Speaker 3: Look like CEO compensation.
Speaker 1: It exceeds in a lot of cases. And I'm not talking about just the defense company specifically, but publicly traded CEO salaries in general are pretty high.
Speaker 2: So what do you think.
Speaker 1: I think a lot of people would say.
Speaker 3: Do you think he meant salary? Do you think he meant options?
Speaker 1: Do you think he meant the do you mean total compensation?
Speaker 2: Little? Who is this?
Speaker 1: The irs?
Speaker 2: Asking?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: The devil in the details right now?
Speaker 1: You know, we talk.
Speaker 3: About income versus you.
Speaker 1: Know, that's why so much of it is. Okay, Well, this is a different conversation time to you. Let's talk about alcohol.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, So Constellation rands this is the company that makes your modellos and coronas. This is ticket stz. So Constellation shares rose to a more than five year high early this morning. Orthough later on, you know some investors kind of turn cautious and during the earnings call, but just overall, you know, investors are happy that Constellation results beat estimates and actually maintain its forecasts. Things haven't been easy for the company. Your people, especially younger ones, avoiding alcohol, and you know, the company still kind of noted that tariffs are you know, affecting costs and Hispanic customers, which Constellation in particular relies a lot on spending less on their drinks because they're worried about economy and audi and.
Speaker 2: People aren't drinking.
Speaker 1: Didn't we have a guest on, well, we were talking about this in the context of dry January. Yeah, and we had a Bloomberg BusinessWeek story about Dry January that talked about how the portion of adults that are saying that they're drinking is the lowest sense I think it was the Pew started monitoring their data.
Speaker 3: People are just not drinking. I know a lot of people who don't drink.
Speaker 1: But we did. We did have a guest on in December with David Yeah, who said that as these young people get older, maybe they'll start drinking.
Speaker 3: Were getting no, right, No, no, I'm just kidding, Yeah, Mark, Yeah, which if you missed that interview.
Speaker 2: Check it out on our podcast feed. It was pretty cool.
Speaker 3: The Gap shares up today, another piece of corporate good news, I guess so you know shares are also up today and this was after Ubs upgraded at the rating of Gap to buy and reseed. Our price target usually thinks that Gap sales and profits will benefit from their growing beauty and handbag business as well as there's leisure Brent Athleta, and you know, they think that Gap and the Old Navy had a strong holiday season. And all of this just means that the company went up increasing buybacks and there's good news for shareholders.
Speaker 2: The stock Mover's report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.