Speaker 1: The volume.
Speaker 2: Hi, I'm slum and I know basketball. Today's guest is a sharp shooting rookie. His journey from being a three star recruit to getting drafted by the Clippers and becoming more than just Max his little brother is a story you won't One of the today on slum Nose is Cam.
Speaker 1: Christie, Cam, thank you so much for being here.
Speaker 2: Of course, I had your brother on the pod about a week or two ago, so it feels really cool to get two Christie brothers in within a month. So I'm really excited for that. Let's get into it. As a kid, what was your basketball game?
Speaker 3: Like? I would say it's kind of similar to what it is now.
Speaker 4: Just always been a I'm more of a shooter, been a good passer and a smart player, stuff like that. But I think it's always kind of it's kind of been the same, and I've just gotten better at the things I've always been good at.
Speaker 2: So yeah, and you probably grew right, yeah, just a little bit. When did you like hit that big gross Berg.
Speaker 4: I want to say it was like sophomore year like COVID. I think because I was, like I think I was six feet as a freshman in high school, and then I got like six four as a sophomore, so I think that was the biggest.
Speaker 2: One than them. It's funny because I feel like so many NBA players live out their height and I was reading like these articles about you, and every single one goes, he's a true six six, like just to like make sure.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I like legits, okay, legit Okay.
Speaker 2: So continuing on with you as a kid, who was your favorite NBA team and who was your favorite NBA player?
Speaker 4: My favorite NBA team was the Phoenix Suns, and my favorite player was Devin Booker.
Speaker 2: Okay, but growing up in Illinois, why was there a connection with the Suns?
Speaker 3: I just like Devin Booker. I don't know, I just like Devin Booker.
Speaker 4: And then I've always liked like Arizona is like a like a spot.
Speaker 2: So yeah, okay, did you like vacation there when you.
Speaker 3: Were I've been there a couple of times. Yeah, yeah, yeah, okayeh nice?
Speaker 2: Were you a Clipperson, Like, did you like the Clippers growing up or what was that?
Speaker 3: Like? I mean they were just you felt yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, gotcha.
Speaker 2: So we spoke about Illinois a little bit just now. But I want to know what it was like for you growing up in Illinois sort of what the like AU circuit was like their your experience.
Speaker 4: So I played for the Illinois Wolves growing ups. They're they're an under armer team and the under armor circuit. So I played for them starting in eighth grade, played for them until junior, senior whenever you had to stop. So, you know, a great program. I still talked to a lot of my teammates from them, a lot of coaches from them. So it was, as you know, a great program for me.
Speaker 1: Yeah. How old were you when NIL was implemented? Was that during all you played?
Speaker 2: You or No?
Speaker 4: I think I think it started in what twenty twenty one? Yes, okay, so you had it, So I was.
Speaker 3: I was a junior in high school.
Speaker 1: So you get any deals like right off the bat, No, I did not.
Speaker 3: No, I did not know.
Speaker 1: Well they're coming, yeah, hopefully I like it.
Speaker 2: Growing up? What was it like to be thought of as Max's brother, being the younger brother of you know, Lakers player Max Christie. I feel like that must be sort of hard to grow up with an older brother in the NBA. But it seemed to work.
Speaker 1: Out for you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, No, I mean it was definitely there were definitely some some frustrating things about it, but I think there's also more pros than cons, just because obviously, you know, we're really close and stuff like that, So.
Speaker 3: It didn't really affect that relationship at all.
Speaker 4: And I think it's just always I mean, it's cool to be able to say that you know someone in the NBA, and now we're both siblings in the NBA. So I think it did end up benefiting me so totally.
Speaker 2: Other than Max, what was your first interaction growing up with the pro athlete?
Speaker 4: I want to say, I don't know. I think I met I met Shaq when I was really young. I got a picture with him at airport. Yeah, I know it was very random. He was like triple my size. But I said, that's probably the first, like ever interaction I had with like a pro athlete.
Speaker 2: I would say, yeah, other than that, was there anyone. I mean, it doesn't have to be a pro basketball player, but just an athlete in general. That was sort of a mentor for you or you think like helped you get to the place.
Speaker 1: That you are now.
Speaker 4: I think it wasn't necessarily like a pro but I think Dee Brown held me out a lot. Okay, from Illinois, so he played it on.
Speaker 3: Obviously.
Speaker 4: He was really helpful for me and my brother going up, so he was. Yeah, he was definitely a little bit of a mentor for us.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, So I want to talk about high school a little bit.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: You came from a pretty clouded high school class. I use the word clouded because you know, there's people like Mikey Williams and Brownie Jane, so I feel like are the epitome of cloud in basketball. I want to know what that was like for you, because I'm sure it was stressful to always have to sort of be in that shadow, you know, these famous guys in your class.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean it was always It's always funny because you would, you know, you would talk about it with my friends and stuff like that. Yes, it's like Brannie James obviously in the NBA now, but he has had a lot of fame back then. He still does same with Mikey and all those guys. I mean, it was definitely it was interesting for sure.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but to now kind of.
Speaker 4: You know, for me to be in the NBA and stuff like that and be on the same stage as a lot of those guys. I think it's pretty cool, and I think it shows, you know, my work ethic and kind of how you don't necessarily need the fame, Yeah, or to get where you want to go.
Speaker 2: No, totally. And in addition to Bronnie and Mikey, some other players in your high school class included Jared McCain, Cody Williams, A J. Johnson, Mantas Buzzellis who's from Illinois as well. Is there any stories that you have of interacting with them playing against them in either high school or a I used.
Speaker 4: To play with Matis all the time actually growing up. We've known each other for a long time now, so whenever we see each other, we still say what's up, checking on each other. But yeah, we used to play each other all the time. It was a lot of fun going up against them. So I think it's cool to see how much he's how much he's progressed. Obviously, you know, he's done really well for himself so far, So it's been pretty cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, when the Clippers play the balls in Matos, what do you think that that's going to be like for you? Do you think that's gonna be a little bit of an I made it moment, knowing you've known each other for so long.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think it'll be cool for sure, especially for the people that have that have been around us, you know, when we were playing and stuff like that, for them to actually see both of us on the on the biggest stage. I think that will definitely be one of those moments.
Speaker 2: Yeah, totally. Okay, So I want to talk about your sort of what your younger self would think about you now. I always think that that's a really fun question because especially you, I think you were underrated in high school and you know, the rankings didn't necessarily show like what you're going to be now. So what do you think the kid that was, you know, not even ranked in the ESPN Top one hundred would think, Oh, now I'm teammates with James harden Kawhi Leonard.
Speaker 4: I think he would be very proud, obviously. I think he'd be super excited and proud just just see how how far, like I said, are the work ethic has got me, regardless of being in my brother's shadow, regardless of not being the highest frank kid all the time. But yeah, I know, I think it'd be really happy with how everything turned out.
Speaker 2: So have you gotten any advice from James or Kawhi really anyone on the Clippers about what it's going to be like going into your rookie year.
Speaker 3: Just to kind of, you know, stay staving kiled. Obviously there's gonna.
Speaker 4: Be a lot of ups and downs, but to you know, remain true to yourself, not kind of let yourself kind of fall to the back or anything like that. Just remain who you are no matter what happens and take it from there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I would say. So.
Speaker 2: Okay, So now this is a segment especially for Clippers fans. So you're the new rookie here in LA on the Clippers, and so we're gonna play a game, well not really a game, but we're just gonna talk about you know, who is Cam Christina to get the Clippers fans. No, okay, what is your first basketball memory?
Speaker 3: Let's see.
Speaker 4: I think my first basketball memory is probably when I started playing first grade. We used to have this league called like Hyba or whatever. It was like a like a bunch of yeah yeah, rctly a bunch of young guys played. My dad was a coach actually, and I think I remember I remember that we won the championship for uh, for my first year playing. So I think that's probably that's probably my first basketball memory.
Speaker 2: Yeah growing up, where were you just a basketball player or did you play other sports as well?
Speaker 4: I played flag football up until you know, when I stopped I think fifth grade or something.
Speaker 3: I was very good though, I was very good running back.
Speaker 2: Some shocking information what I played flag football up until last year? Wow that Yeah, you know, high school varsity girls flag football. I really showed up. I was running the rout much safer than actually than tackle. Actually, when I was younger, I like really wanted to play tackle football. I saw, you know, like all those like movies or whatever about you know the girl that's on I really wanted to be that girl. And then I think one day I was in middle school, I'm watching the football team play. I'm watching them run, and like, oh, I'm not gonna do.
Speaker 3: Yeah no, it hurts a little bit a little bit.
Speaker 2: Too much for my Like, yeah, I think you pick this safely in basketball? What drives you? Not just in basketball, but in general.
Speaker 4: I would say just the the want to be the best version of myself. I think I kind of owe it to myself to work as hard as I can every day and to kind of get the most I can out of, you know, my potential and out of my life.
Speaker 2: So what is a story or a moment in your life that you were proud of that you want people to know? And again, it doesn't have to be basketball related.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I think there's a lot of a lot of moments I'm proud of.
Speaker 4: I guess I would say just getting drafted probably, I mean, that's probably the.
Speaker 3: Most proud, most most proud moment I have.
Speaker 2: So what was going through your head on draft night?
Speaker 4: I was definitely a lot of nerves, for sure, one of the more nerve wracking days in my life, but also a lot of excitement just knowing at the end of it all, I was going to be in the NBA. So for it to be on the Clippers and in the same city as Max too, I think.
Speaker 3: It's super cool. So I think it's really really good how that all worked out.
Speaker 2: That's definitely special. What went through your head when they read the name Clippers and you're like, oh my god, Max and I same city.
Speaker 4: All that, Yeah, I mean I was I was super excited, super stoked obviously to have two siblings in the NBA and then have them be in the same city as well. Yeah, it was super helpful for both of us and it made things a lot easier.
Speaker 3: Obviously.
Speaker 4: You know, we still talk to each other every day and see each other all the time, so I think it's been really cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, No, that's an amazing experience. Speaking of the draft, before it, you described your game as a sharp shooter. Can you give us more on that? Why was that the word that you used to describe yourself.
Speaker 4: I've just always been I've always been a shooter at something that I take pride in and going up middle school, high school, everything like that, I've always I've always liked to shoot the ball, and I think it's just been something that I've that I've always been good.
Speaker 3: I've had a knack.
Speaker 4: For just finding my shot and stuff like that. So I say, and that's always translated no matter what level I've played at.
Speaker 3: So that's probably why you know I said that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, obviously, like you said, you are a good shooter. But in nights when you aren't shooting, well, what do you do to stay locked in and not fall into a slum?
Speaker 3: You know, I just have to have to stay involved.
Speaker 4: There's a lot of other ways to impact the game other than you know, shooting and scoring. You know, there's a lot of play defense. You can you know, cheer teammates on rebound, stuff like that. So I think shooting is probably one of the stronger part of my games, but I think there's definitely other other facets that I can definitely impact the game.
Speaker 2: And yeah, I mean, it sort of contradicts my own question here because I'm curious, do you actually believe in slumps? Like, do you think that's real? As a Warriors fan, I feel like people always say, oh, you know, Steph's in a shooting slump whatever, And I always debate with myself and like, do I believe that he's actually in a shooting slumper? Is he just like he had a bad game? Can we just say that, you know?
Speaker 4: I think I think there's definitely slumps, but I don't really I think the really good shooters don't really let it affect them. I think they kind of just keep shooting no matter what. They just know that the next one's going.
Speaker 3: To go in.
Speaker 4: So I mean, I would say it's more so just an off shooting game as opposed to a slump.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's mentality.
Speaker 2: Don't get any slumps when I'm watching the Clippers and like if you miss a shot and be like, can't remember what we said goldfish men, Right, that's my soccer hood.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a good one.
Speaker 2: I'm really bad at goldfish memory, but I think.
Speaker 3: It's it's very helpful. It's very helpful.
Speaker 2: Unfortunately, we are not goldfish, so we can't actually really do that, but if we could. All Right, So the Inuit Dome, you know, is the Clippers new arena. I feel like it's been all over social media with I know that there's a mural of all these you know, high school basketball jerseys in California, and there's like AI is implemented into the stadium and all this cool stuff. It's anyway so cool to be in the NBA, But what's it like to know that your first season gets to be the first season of the into it.
Speaker 3: It's really cool.
Speaker 4: Obviously when I first got drafted, I had heard about it, but I obviously learned more about it once I got here and stuff like that. I mean, it's a it's a remarkable facility. I mean, because we've been going there for the past like three weeks or a month, or whatever that may have been. So the practice facility and everything is on one spot. So it's it's really cool. I mean, it's just I feel like you have to go see it for yourself to kind of understand and the scope of it.
Speaker 3: I mean it's yeah, it's ridiculous.
Speaker 1: I think I'm going in October, so.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, it's it's wild.
Speaker 2: Have you been able to see any of the like you know, like food stamps or any of the like sort of touristy things there see the basketball part.
Speaker 4: I mean I've seen like they have like the stuff outside of the arena, like with the outdoor pickup court and stuff like that. So I've been out there. I've been to like the team store that's out there and stuff like that. When I was on the concourse, it obviously didn't have everything stocked, but I saw like how like they have this thing where you don't even need to pay or pay with your walk in and walk out with your stuff. I don't know how that works, but uh yeah, I think overall it'll be a great viewing experience as well.
Speaker 2: And speaking of teams stores, like I've always wondered this, are you going to buy your own jersey? Or you get it sent to you.
Speaker 3: I would hope that I could get one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I think, like you know, when people have them hung up in their house, I don't think it's a big game war and Jersey like I like to take home.
Speaker 1: Don't you go buy it?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: You they're they're they're game war. Yeah, I think. I'm mean, I'm pretty sure they give you let me know.
Speaker 2: Because if you don't, that would be I mean, I feel like it must be. You know, with how big NBA contracts are, I feel like it'd be a pretty minimal Yeah, that is true, all right. So let's move on to your experience in LA right now. I think it's pretty exciting. I mean, I don't want to speak for you, but if I was an NBA player, I'd be pretty excited to get drafted to a city like La as opposed to some of the other NBA cities. So I gonna know what your like sort of first thoughts have been about La so far.
Speaker 4: I mean, I love it out here. It's it's very nice. You know, the weather's nice here right by right.
Speaker 3: By the ocean.
Speaker 4: There's a lot of different torsy things to do and stuff like that. Uh so I mean, I've I really enjoyed my time right here so far. I haven't really found a day where I've been where I've been bored.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So, do you have a favorite LA restaurant yet?
Speaker 3: I think I think Max said this too, but they say Mastros he did, he did?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Okay, what's the order?
Speaker 3: I just get a steak.
Speaker 2: You're a steak guy.
Speaker 3: Yea.
Speaker 2: Do you have any new hobbies that you picked up in l A. I feel like a lot of LA stuff like pickle ball, right, surfing?
Speaker 3: No pickleball? No surfing.
Speaker 4: I guess I have started golfing a little more, but I wouldn't say I've picked up anything crazy yet.
Speaker 2: Okay, and then you know this is the classic l A question. Have you had any good celebrity sightings.
Speaker 3: I saw Sydney McLauchlin Lavron, I think I.
Speaker 2: Like the full name.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, the track I saw her.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's cool where here?
Speaker 4: I saw around around where my apartment complex. I was a little bit because I've never really seen a gold medalist before.
Speaker 2: So I was pretty cool coming into the your dumb I feel like you're going to get to see like that's probably gonna be cool over and you're like, oh my god, celebrity. I feel like that would be that must be crazy. Yeah, going back to your rookie year, what are some individuals that you have for this upcoming year?
Speaker 4: I would say kind of just to to just improve as a basketball player and as a person. Obviously, as a rookie, you can't really you're not really guaranteed anything, yeah, in terms of you know how much you're gonna play or anything like that.
Speaker 3: So it's kind of just not really worrying too much.
Speaker 4: About that, just showing up every day and the main goal is to really just be a better basketball player and a better person than I was when I first got drafted.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I like that. So Tyron lou is going to be your coach this year, have you you know how much have you gotten to know of him so far or is there any advice that he's given you that is released to that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've gotten to know him pretty well so far.
Speaker 4: I've talked to him a bunch of times up at the facility whenever we're practicing and stuff like that, So I've definitely talked to him a lot. I'd say some of the advice that he's given me is kind of just like you know, like what my other vets were giving me, kind of just to you know, remain true to myself, not to get flustered or anything like that. Just remember that I you know, I'm here for a reason I belong and to just kind of ride with that.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I think also, you know a lot of rookies probably go into their rookie year knowing nothing. I think you're in a special situation because your brother sort of just experienced it. What are you going to take away sort of from Max's experience that you want to do the same or what you want to do differently.
Speaker 4: I think I've already implemented a lot of things that that he learned his rookie year and stuff like that. I think it's been been really helpful for me to have just in terms of, you know, like I said, handling all the ups and downs on how to handle the adversity and stuff like that, and just being more prepared for what to kind of what to expect as a rookie.
Speaker 2: So yeah, what do you think it's going to be like the first time you play against Max?
Speaker 4: I think it'd be really cool. I'm definitely looking forward to it. But we don't play each other until like I think January. Really, yeah, we played each other. Yeah, wait a little bit, But no, I think it'll be really cool to definitely be on be on the same floor as him at the NBA level. I think it will be a really cool experience, So I'm looking forward to that.
Speaker 2: That's special.
Speaker 1: Other than Max, who else are you looking forward to playing?
Speaker 4: And if you're looking forward to playing Devin Booker and the Suns, obviously Steph and all those guys, I mean.
Speaker 3: Really really everybody, honestly.
Speaker 4: I mean there's a lot of a lot of great players in the league that I've definitely admired and grown up watching. So I'm really excited to just go out there and play against everybody.
Speaker 2: Really, yeah, how do you think that you're going to like refrain from being starstruck on the court, Like when Steph drilling up the ball. I can't imagine it's being like, wait, that's Steph Curry.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: No, there's definitely gonna be a time where I'm like, oh my goodness, like this is this is really happening. But I think it'll only last for a little bit because at the end of the day, it is just basketball. But no, it'll definitely be one of those times during and then definitely after the game I'll be like wow, like I really just did that.
Speaker 1: So no, for sure, have.
Speaker 2: You been given your rookie duties yet by your team or like is that real? And if so, what are they?
Speaker 4: I have not been given any rookie duties yet, but yes, I know for a fact that they Okay, they're coming.
Speaker 3: They are real, Yes, and they are coming.
Speaker 2: What do you do you have like a hunch of what they're going to be.
Speaker 4: I would assume it'd probably just be like buying people food for the plane or buying cards or stuff like that.
Speaker 3: I hope it's nothing too. Yeah.
Speaker 2: DeAndre Jordan told me his story where he I think wore like a door the Explore backpack maybe filled it with like smelly socks. So and that was the slippers you know.
Speaker 4: So yeah, No, Actually Kobe who got drafted last year, said he had to carry like a backpack like that.
Speaker 3: He didn't say anything about the socks though.
Speaker 2: Okay, but I know this is like a thing at a lot of high schools where seniors in high school where the like Spider Man backpack. Y. Yeah, I feel like you could make it onto league fits with like a door the Explorer.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, honestly, I don't think that's too bad at all. Yeah, I definitely will not complain about that one.
Speaker 3: I'll take it like.
Speaker 2: I'm excited to see that. Let's see how you style out there like that? Uh? Is there anyone in the league right now that you think is underrated and you want to show love to Max Christy? Okay, very sweet, but other than your brother, can you give us another answer?
Speaker 4: Let's see who's underrated? Obviously I grew up or I work out of the same place as Jalen Brunson. He's no longer underrated. Yeah, well, but I think he was before. For who else is there? I'd say, like.
Speaker 3: Maybe like a like a Grayson Allen, I would say, obviously, I think.
Speaker 2: You really are sun Set.
Speaker 3: Okay, I think he's got a lot better.
Speaker 4: He's a really good shooter, so I think he's probably one of the one underrated players.
Speaker 2: I like that. I feel like people always say pretty generic things, but I think that Grayson pull is a good one. I grew up, you know, watching Duke, so I feel like I've always.
Speaker 1: Really liked Tracy. That's a good one. You know Ball.
Speaker 2: I'm glad you know.
Speaker 1: Cas.
Speaker 2: What do you think you're gonna buy with your first NBA check?
Speaker 4: I mean I don't, I don't know. I already bought a car. Does that count?
Speaker 1: I guess yes, that counts.
Speaker 2: Okay, what type of car?
Speaker 3: I bought? A pors Tie CANi.
Speaker 2: I see you.
Speaker 3: Okay, it hurt a little bit, but it had to be done.
Speaker 2: But once like that actual check comes out, what do you think, like, are you gonna like go to like Walmart and like do the shock thing where he bought everything at the.
Speaker 3: Store now I will not Okay, No, Well.
Speaker 2: I have like a shopping list, like a wish list, so I can send it to you when you get to check, Like please feel free just like an Amazon wish list to check off the things you want.
Speaker 3: Yes, thank you so much.
Speaker 2: I really appre that. That's great. All right, Cam, It's been a great interview and I want to finish it off with a little cam Christi trivia. Okay, So if you're a guy, you're definitely a smart guy who thinks you probably know a lot about yourself, right, but Sloane also knows. Okay, I think Sloane may know. This is really weird hearing me talking the third person, But I think I may know more than cam Christie about Camp Christie. So I'm going to ask you some questions and let's see how you do. Okay, are you ready?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 2: You were picked forty sixth in the twenty twenty four NBA draft. Who was picked forty fifth? And who was picked forty seven?
Speaker 3: I think was Antonio Reeves? Yes, forty seven?
Speaker 2: Yes, correct?
Speaker 1: Okay, one point h forty five?
Speaker 3: Jamal was picked.
Speaker 2: Okay, yes, okay. And then for so right now we're at two points. This is a bonus. I'm curious if you know where they went to college.
Speaker 3: Jamal went to Houston, Antonio went to Kentucky.
Speaker 2: Yeah, wow, Okay, maybe I underestimated your Christie knowledge.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: How many current NBA players went to the University of Minnesota?
Speaker 3: Current two? Yeah? Me and a mir.
Speaker 2: Okay, yes, So for those of you who don't know, a Mere Coffee, who's on the Clippers as well, also is the only the NBA player who went to Minnesota. So when I was writing these questions, I went to Chatchibt and I was like, chat, what are the odds that out of everyone in the NBA, and out of all the people that ever went to Minnesota, the only two current ones in the league are on Minnesota. And I wanted it to give me a number, and then I was to have you guess, and it was like, oh, unfortunately I can't do that. I was like, okay, what's the point of chatchibt? But that would have been a fun question anyways, So I wonder what you think. Are you a.
Speaker 4: Math guy or I mean, it's guys, it's gotta be weirdridiculously, I mean, very bad. And it was funny because Dan Ortou, who also went to Minnesota, got drafted by the Clippers a couple of years ago.
Speaker 1: Wow, look at that. Maybe there's like a weird correlation.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's so funny. Okay, how many points did you score and who did you play against in your collegiate debut?
Speaker 3: U t s A eighteen points?
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, okay, you may be on the best role there is. I'm actually okay, here's my other question. You missed your what was supposed to be your first college game. I read online it was with an illness. What was that mystery illness that led you to the Zuerst game?
Speaker 3: It was a fake positive diagnosis of mono. It was fake.
Speaker 2: No way, no symptoms. That sucks. That's not fun to get right before you're that's crazy unfortunate. Okay, next question, let's see if you can keep going. How many assists did you average as a senior in high school?
Speaker 3: It was other five or four?
Speaker 1: Well, I can't tell you. You have to guess.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna go five.
Speaker 2: Okay, it was four, it was, but I don't know. I mean, you still have Okay, four points five points six, you're at seven. I mean, that could be the best anyone's ever done. You should like go home and flex to your brother. You did better than he did on ye Okay, okay. In your college your only college season at Minnesota, what percentage did you shoot from three? And you know, we need to go to the third decimal place, like we need to be very precise.
Speaker 3: I want to say it was thirty nine point one.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, yes, wow. Okay, Okay, let's see how well you know your family?
Speaker 1: What pick was your brother in the twenty Okay, maybe I've made these questions.
Speaker 2: Well, this is the last question and we'll see who this is. So sorry, I'm gonna butcher this name from or Rich Chomache, who was drafted by the Raptors, will be the youngest NBA player this season. How many NBA players this season are older than you?
Speaker 3: Are older than me? Yes?
Speaker 2: Wait? Sorry, no wait, I need to rephrase that way everyone, Okay, how many?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Wait, you're the okay, in the list of the youngest? What ranking are you?
Speaker 3: I think I think I was.
Speaker 4: I was the youngest American born prospect to get drafted this year, and I think there were I think there were three people European, so I think I'm the fourth, the fourth.
Speaker 2: You're the fifth youngest, fifth young player, and I don't remember who it was. But what's funny is that there's two second youngest players because they randomly have the same exact birthday. Camp. We are going to do a little rapid fire section right now to continue you to get to know you for those Clippers fans out there, for those Camp Christie fans out there, Minnesota fans out there, everything who want.
Speaker 1: To get to know you better. What is your favorite clothing brand.
Speaker 3: Of your What is your favorite food? H seafood? I thought you're gonna say salad, No, no, no, no no.
Speaker 1: What is your go to cheat meal, probably like chicken tenders.
Speaker 3: Probably yeah, from like Papa's or something.
Speaker 1: I've never had Popa's.
Speaker 3: That's insane.
Speaker 1: Yea, I need to try it.
Speaker 2: I think I need to, like I need to like really improve my fast food, Like no vibe that I've tried. I haven't tried that many places. I really think I need to.
Speaker 3: Step Popeyes is a lead.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm gonna try it. If you could go to dinner with anyone dead or alive, who would it be?
Speaker 3: I go with, like, probably MJ, MJ. Kobe? What else?
Speaker 2: Who was your favorite athlete growing up that was not a basketball player?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 3: Man, that was not a basket ball player? I don't know, probably, like.
Speaker 4: I already watched anything but basketball. I go like, maybe like Messy or something. Soccer players?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Did you just tell me who Messy was by saying soccer player?
Speaker 3: That's not bad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I just had to camp.
Speaker 2: This podcast is called sloan.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Sloan, Come on, really are underestimating my knowledge exactly?
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 2: If you had to make the Olympics for one sport that wasn't basketball, what would it be?
Speaker 3: Table tennis?
Speaker 1: Really?
Speaker 2: I mean you're very confident in that answer. Yeah, you think, like.
Speaker 4: Do you play or I mean, I'm definitely not the not the greatest. I enjoy playing table tennis, okay, and I enjoy watching it.
Speaker 1: What is your favorite movie?
Speaker 3: A favorite movie? Probably Blade Runner twenty forty nine.
Speaker 2: I think your brother said that. Maybe he said, I can't fact check it. He said, sh out of Okay, did you listen to the episode?
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, okay.
Speaker 2: You need need to be like an avid podcast. But that's okay. When you're at the movie theater watching your favorite movie, what's your snack?
Speaker 4: I get the the Airhead like bites, no ropes, No, I don't get those. I get the they're like the filled.
Speaker 1: Oh I that's like the one Airhead products they don't like for real.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're like the I know what you're talking about. They like the cream thing in the middle, not cream whiting.
Speaker 3: Those are fire Oh no, okay.
Speaker 2: Totally like oh twins because I get the like you.
Speaker 3: Know, the like little like Yeah, I like those.
Speaker 1: I put it in my popcorn. That's what you have to do.
Speaker 3: That's weird.
Speaker 2: No, it's not. It's very normal. And then like, okay, let me but well, Okay, so you get the like the box, right, you get the box of pop and then you can pour the Airhead extremes in. You could add eminem you can really add any candy. Then you go in there and it's sort of like al mix, right, I guess like like mixing together. I would really suggest try it. Let me know what you think. What is your favorite TV show?
Speaker 3: I'm gonna give you.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna give you a top three Breaking Bad number one, Game of Thrones number two, Prison Break number three, Like.
Speaker 2: I've never seen any of those. It's funny because we're only two years apart. But by your movie choice and your TV show choice, it really seems like there's a big age.
Speaker 3: Guy. I watch a lot of I watch a lot of.
Speaker 2: Media, So okay, like that, Okay, if you were to guess what my favorite TV show is, Okay, well you.
Speaker 4: Just said you don't watch. I would assume you don't like watch like a lot of.
Speaker 3: Give me a hint.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's like a Netflix show, Like it's on.
Speaker 1: Netflix, like Outer Banks or something. Okay, I see why that would be your guest, but very stereotypical.
Speaker 2: But but no, that's not it. It's like Okay, I don't even know if you know it. I'm gonna give you one more hit. It's okay, it's set in England.
Speaker 3: It's set in England. Yeah, uh, as Peakyople enters in England.
Speaker 1: It's definitely Bridgerton.
Speaker 3: Never I think I have heard of that. Actually, yeah, I'm sure you have.
Speaker 2: That's the difference. I feel like we we like basketball, that's oort of thinking common. But like media consumption, clearly there's not much overlap.
Speaker 3: Day.
Speaker 1: Okay, what is your favorite video game?
Speaker 4: I think Max said this too, but Zelda.
Speaker 2: So funny for you guys to lesson of Zelda people. I'm a Fortnite girl.
Speaker 3: You know. I used to be really really heavy on Fortnite.
Speaker 2: I mean I probably haven't played in two years, but Covid every day I was on Fortnite's But the sad part is when I say grinding, I was attempting to play. I literally think I've won solos.
Speaker 3: When ever I was. But you were having a good time.
Speaker 2: I was having a good time, like you know when you're on the headset. Well sometimes okay, sometimes I obviously play with my friends. Okay, I need to preface that first and next part doesn't sound sad. Sometimes it'd be so funny when you go on the mic and then you talk to the random people.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, in the game chat.
Speaker 2: I'd always hope too that I got paired with Ninja.
Speaker 3: But I know, yeah, that never.
Speaker 2: That never happened to me exactly. Okay, let's keep going. Do you have any hidden talents?
Speaker 3: Honestly, no, I have no, no, nothing special. That's sad. Yes it is.
Speaker 1: Who is your favorite musical artist?
Speaker 3: Uh? Right now, I'd say it's probably Larry June.
Speaker 1: I'm not even gonna he's a Cali guy.
Speaker 3: He's a he's a northern Cali guy.
Speaker 2: Like, wait, is he like an old person?
Speaker 3: Or yeah he's young?
Speaker 2: You should I need to listen. Okay. So here's the thing you're teaching me, like about like what music to listen to, and then I'm telling you what you get at the movie here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a fair trade.
Speaker 2: I'll let you know what I think great, Okay, describe your style in one word like sporty, athletic. I want to go back to the favorite artist thing, just because I thought it was funny when you guess that my favorite team the show was Outer Banks.
Speaker 1: Guess who my favorite musical artist.
Speaker 3: Is like a rapper or pop like.
Speaker 2: I guess like I have a few, but the person I have in mind is like a pop person. It fits into your outer bank stereotype. That's why I was curious if you were going to fit into the outer dump, you know, like a teenage girl. It's not Terror Swift, No it's not. It's who else is there? What would you have said?
Speaker 1: If it was Swift? I would have just do you have judged? Or would you know?
Speaker 3: I'm a judge free person.
Speaker 1: That's your secret?
Speaker 2: After hidden, you're just like a glass half half full person.
Speaker 3: I don't. I mean, I'm blanking on on on pop. Okay, it's a man, it's amazing.
Speaker 1: Also British the show is okay.
Speaker 4: I have no clue that if he's Harry, yeah, that would I wouldn't have guessed that, that is right, I do know.
Speaker 2: Okay, So if you don't know who that pretty sure we were gonna have to. I was not going to release this name though, but I know who that is, okay, Like one Direction, you couldn't even name one Directions.
Speaker 3: I didn't know that was his.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I I thought we were getting along.
Speaker 2: I don't know what happened to that? Oh? Okay, moving on?
Speaker 1: What is your favorite ice cream flavor?
Speaker 3: Cookies and cream? Okay?
Speaker 2: What is your favorite on the court sneaker? And what is your favorite off the court sneaker?
Speaker 3: On the court?
Speaker 4: Probably Kobe Bruce Lee's probably my favorite. Off the court, I just wear I wear a lot.
Speaker 3: Of dunks, so like Panda dunks. Yeah, all those kinds of things.
Speaker 1: Gotcha? What is your go to emoji?
Speaker 3: I mean, probably one of the laughing ones, Like that's so generic?
Speaker 2: Okay, worring? Who are actually? I guess we sort of talked about this. But what is your favorite candy? Not movie theater? Can you just candy in general?
Speaker 4: Favorite candy in general? It's either gonna be the Airhead one or any kind of chocolate, Like I just I love chocolate.
Speaker 2: Same, I also love chocolate.
Speaker 1: Who is the most famous person in your contacts?
Speaker 3: Probably James James?
Speaker 2: How does it even work? Like you just walk in one day and you're like, can I have your number?
Speaker 4: Like line, you get put in the group chat and then everybody says their name.
Speaker 2: It's like the group chat vibe. Who texts the most?
Speaker 3: Who does text the most? Probably Chris donnally.
Speaker 2: Okay, I feel like you probably like if I were you, i'd be so scared to say anything.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't really do too much. I only speak when spoken to.
Speaker 2: Okay. And what's the name of the group chat?
Speaker 4: It's just clips, just clips right now. I'm sure it'll change as the season of Also, yeah.
Speaker 1: You should change the name. I'm sure they really like.
Speaker 3: I don't know if I could, do.
Speaker 2: You give me your phone, I'll be like, everyone get on slow nose right now, that's podcast.
Speaker 1: Who is your celebrity lookalike?
Speaker 4: See I I don't know. It's not Kobe. No, not Kobe.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well, I guess you could say your celebrity look like is Max Christie.
Speaker 3: I guess that's a boring answer, but yeah, but Max Max looks like me.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, I see, I see a classic younger brother answer. What are you going to be for Halloween?
Speaker 3: Wow? I don't what are you going to be for?
Speaker 2: We let's not talk about that.
Speaker 3: I'm well, okay, I'll be like.
Speaker 1: No, I'm gonna be a Dallas Cowboy cheerleader.
Speaker 3: I'll be I'll be a an NBA player for Halloween.
Speaker 2: I'm not really getting like a lot of creative answers. You can't know your favorite emoji laughing, Yeah, I can help you think of I'm like very passionate about Halloween costumes, like literally in August, I was texting my friends, can we start thinking about Halloween? There it's August.
Speaker 3: I haven't.
Speaker 4: I don't think I've dressed up for Halloween and.
Speaker 2: In years it's boring, like you don't think Okay, I don't know if you guys have a game. Well, I guess you'd have like a preseason game. No, no, you could.
Speaker 3: I guess I don't think we play.
Speaker 1: No, okay, because I'm saying, like in the tunnel, like you should really.
Speaker 2: Be like you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that is a good idea. Actually that is a good idea.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: I'm full of those. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Anyways, okay, last rapid fire question, what is your favorite podcast?
Speaker 3: Slow Nose?
Speaker 1: That's right, that's right.
Speaker 2: I like what I like to hear.
Speaker 3: Great.
Speaker 1: And then lastly, Cam, who would you like to nominate to be on Slow Nose?
Speaker 4: Oh it could be anybody, It can be anybody. Let's see who would I like to nominate. I feel like it'd be kind of funny if I got one of my teammates on here please do.
Speaker 2: Wouldn't just be funny, it'd be amazing.
Speaker 4: Let's get you should get like you should get like DJ on here Derek toels you Okay, she like that.
Speaker 2: I have to say, I'm going to give your brother a quick shout out here. Max Christy was the only person ever on the twenty seven episodes of Slow Nose to nominate a guest and actually have them come on the pod.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: So that is very impressive and anything you need to continue that, Okay, I need to keep it trying.
Speaker 3: I'll see it. Okay, next time I see him, I'll bring it up.
Speaker 2: Well, look at the Christie brothers just they are coming through the Nose podcast. Well, Cam, thank you so much for coming on. I had so much fun.
Speaker 3: Thank you for having me appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Of course, thanks for listening. You can get links to my socials and behind the scenes fun from Cam and I in the show up or just search at Sloan Nose on Instagram, TikTok and YouTube. Remember that's Slow with kne