Speaker 1: The volume. The eighty two game preseason is in the books, and it is finally time for the real season. Don't miss out on any NBA playoff action at DraftKings Sportsbook, an official sports betting partner of the NBA. From the play in tournament through the finals. Draft Kings Sportsbook as you covered with same game parlays, live betting, ods, boost and much more. Download the Draft Kings Sportsbook app. Use code Shannon. New customers can bear five dollars and get two hundred and bonus bets instantly. That's the code Shannon only on DraftKings.
Speaker 2: The Crown is yours.
Speaker 3: Gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler or in West Virginia visit one eight hundred gambler dot net. In New York call eight seven seven eight hop and wired text hope and y four six seven three six nine.
Speaker 2: In Connecticut, help.
Speaker 3: Is available for problem gambling called eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothell, Casino w and Resorting Kansas twenty one and over age varies by jurisdiction, Void and Ontario. Bonus beets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issue ins See DKG dot co slash b ball for eligibility and depositive restrictions, terms and responsible gaming resources.
Speaker 1: The playoffs are upun us the best place to watch right there in person. Game Time is an authorized ticket marketplace for playoff basketball, which makes getting playoff tickets even easier and faster. Prices on game time app actually go down closer it gets to tip off with killer last minute deals, all in prices, views from your seat, the lord's price guarantee game time. Take it the guests work out of buying tickets. Save even more when you choose a section and let game time. Choose to see the lower price guaranteed or game Time will credit one hundred and ten percent of the difference. Take the guests work out of buying playoff basketball tickets with game time. Download the game time out, create an account, use code Nightcap twenty dollars off your first purchase. Terms apply again. Creat an account, redeem code nightcap nigt CAAP for twenty dollars off. Download game Time today, last minute tickets lowers price guaranteed. Hello, ladies and gentlemen, thank you for joining us for another episode of Nightcap. I am your favorite on Shannon Sharp to your bottom right, he's your favorite number eighty five, Route Runner, Extraordinary Bengals, Ring of Fame, Honoree, Pro Bowler, all Pro Liberty Cities Own. He's Chad Oh, Jo Sinko, Risotto Johnson and in your bottom Lift.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: A new member to the j Shape Media family. Y'all know him.
Speaker 1: He's a cowboy fan, but he knows they trash.
Speaker 2: Not who it is, Baba dump What a dude, dumb? I'm good man.
Speaker 1: Hey, thanks for being on, Thanks for being a part of the family. Were gonna get right, you know what. Hey, let me go through my little speel. Guys, make sure you hit that light button. Please make sure you hit that subscribe button. Thank you guys again for selling out Shade by Laportier. We're gonna be able to kick Claire out all back orders. We're only taking pre orders now, so thank you for your patience. Please go follow my media company's page on all platforms Shay Shape Media and my clothing Company at eighty four Nightcap mert released this weekend. We have the link penned in the chat. Quantities are limited and they're selling fast. We're offering free shipping on all orders over one hundred dollars and an additional ten percent off orders of two or more items. And guys, and to show our appreciation because you've been great to us the entire time that Nightcap has been on the show, use the code Sunday twenty for an additional twenty percent off. So, guys, thank you again for the support. We're gonna get right into a check this out. Bubba Dove. Make sure you go follow him on his YouTube page Bubba Dove Comedy and if he's coming to a city near you, make sure you catch Dove and his ig Bubbaduve ninety four. That's YouTube page, Bubba Dove Comedy Comedy and is ig Bubba Duve ninety four. Let's get right into it. We had two games sevens today. Let's jump into the one that just ended. The largest come from behind victory and a game seven was eleven points.
Speaker 2: The Timberwolves went on the road and.
Speaker 1: Came from fifteen down by limiting the Nuggets the fourteen points in the third quarter, twenty three points in the second in the fourth quarter for a grand total of thirty seven points. They scored sixty They're outscoring by twenty three. They go on the road to Denver and win ninety eight ninety to advance to the Western Conference Finals where it starts on Tuesday and they play face the Dallas Mavericks. Timberwolves do it. They didn't add Man with six or twenty four, only had sixteen points. But that's why you have a supporting cast. Karl Anthony Towns twenty three, Jade McDaniels twenty three, even Rudy Gobert Chip then with thirteen to nine. Kat had a double double. And they go on the road. Nasried came in and gave you eleven points off the bench. Showed you why he's sixth Man of the Year. Oh Joe, you had the Timberwolve winning this series in a game seven. They go on the road, get the job done. What was your takeaway from the game, Listen, I don't.
Speaker 2: Know what it was.
Speaker 5: I think last time he was on the show, you asked me. We talked about who would win the series. Obviously, you talked about the experience of the champions from last year and Denver probably going to be able to take it, being as they were playing the home home field advantage. But I said it was something about ant Man. It was something about a man that's been specialist entire series. Now, even in this game he didn't have his best game, but you just said, I'm a piggyback off what you just said. His supporting cast showed up, Kat showed up, Mike Conley showed up, Rudy Gobert showed up.
Speaker 2: God damn Jadon McDaniels really showed up, showed up.
Speaker 5: Everybody came to the party, and ant Man didn't have to do everything by himself.
Speaker 2: Doug doub what'd you see on what team?
Speaker 4: The Nuggets? Other wars we're going from the Wolves?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 4: And man, you're resilient.
Speaker 6: Even though he wasn't having a good game shooting wise, even they could frustrating, he still played good defense.
Speaker 4: And most star players when they ain't shooting the battle, they force it.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 6: He only had one turnover, so I think that was one of the keys in the games. Him down the stretch holding Jamal Murray. You know, somebody just toiling him, hands in his face, quick hands. Dem couldn't really just go on no runs like they normally do when they at the house. Minnesota always had had an answer for everything they did and I think the difference in this game tonight was Michael Porter Junior and Aaron Gordon had COVID because they can show up.
Speaker 4: They just dem only had two stars and double everybody else. Casey, yeah, like you wun on de Pinons tonight could do nothing.
Speaker 1: You you you ain't lied about that. And I think that was the difference in the ball game is that you know Murray, you know Murray and Yoki. You had to feel good because normal what was happening in the first half. Murray wasn't playing particularly well. There have been a couple of halves he didn't have anything. A couple of times in a half. He had two points where he goes bunkers in the first half, and you had to feel good if you're if you're the Nuggets or a Nuggets fan.
Speaker 2: Jokich was being jo Kis had a double dub at the half.
Speaker 1: He gave you thirty five. He gave you thirty four to nineteen and seven. Murray gave you thirty five, three and three. But you needed the supporting cast because Minnesota had six guys in double figures. The Nuggets had two guys in double figures. And see you see what happens when you go three on two. So you take you take at Man, you take Rudy go get Bert, and you take Jane Daniels. They cancel lot Yoke and Murray. Now we make it a series. Okay, Michael Porter Junior. Where you at? Okay, KCPTE. Where you at? Okay, Aaron Gordon, where you at? You see That's what Bubba doub I was talking Oh Joe about. That's what the Lakers were trying to do. Their big two gonna cancel out the Nuggets Big two. Now we're about to make it a three on three tournament. And more times than not, their other three outplayed the Lakers other three. But give the Timberwolves credit to have not been in a situation like this before and to do what they do, because we know the Nuggets are battle tested, they've been here, done that. Yeah, and for them to go on the road, it's not easy, and they did it. They came from behind cause it was easy. Like, man, look this the home team. We down fourteen at one point, it got the twenty. Yeah, and they said, noah, we ain't going away, We're not going anywhere.
Speaker 5: Oh hell, god, damn this Minnesota. Second second time in the Western Conference Finals in franchise history, yep, franchise history. I'm assuming my numbers. If my number g KG was there back in whaty.
Speaker 2: Yes, that was the year of the If I'm not mistaken.
Speaker 1: In fact, the Lakers ended up beating them in the finals, beat them in the Western Conference Finals that year. I think that was yet and i KG ended up winning the MVP, if I'm not mistaken. Off the top of my head, that's been twenty plus years ago. But I think that's the case. But you have to give the Timberwoods a lot of credit. We can say what the Nuggets didn't do, but let's give the Wolves credit for what they did do, which was execute time and time again in the second half. Remember, they're down, so they not only do they need to like play great defense, they need to execute on the other end. It doesn't do you any good to hold a team if you can't go down and execute your offense. They held that team with Nikola Yoki, who's this year a MVP, he's won three of the last four, and Jamal Murray held them to fourteen points.
Speaker 2: In an entire quarter.
Speaker 4: Now, no guy seeing it.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna say that again. Bubbadub. You heard what I said.
Speaker 1: Murray and Yo held them to fourteen points in the quarter, when when Jamal Murray had fourteen in the first quarter by himself.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, that's great.
Speaker 5: Well, who now that we got the Western Conference finals and we know who's playing who you got? But but do when you got the maths of the wars?
Speaker 2: Uncle? You got the maths of the wars for me?
Speaker 6: I just know how these things twist and turn. I got the maths. I got your I got I got Luca and Tyrie. I got them going to the finals.
Speaker 1: Talk to me, it's six's six and yeah, man.
Speaker 4: You see Mark creeving over. He ain't drinking no more, he ain't talking. Jason drinking on the maths is six.
Speaker 1: J k ain't knocking people drink out their hand to get a time by calls so they can clean up the floor. Yeah man, yeah, I'm with Dub. I'm leaning towards the Mavericks. Also, it's gonna be interesting to see how they match up, because occasionally they do. They don't really play. They don't really like to play too big together. They normally like GAFFERD and PJ. They don't really ever play Gaffard and Lively together. Uh, they don't really play those guys. They might have to with Kat and Rudy Gobert on the court. It's gonna be interesting to see Jadon McDaniels can only guard one. He's the best perimeter defender, so I'm assuming that he's gonna probably take Luca and ant Man will take Kyrie. So how much energy does he expand trying to deal with Kyrie?
Speaker 2: Because I think that's what probably hurt him tonight.
Speaker 1: He expended a lot of energy trying to deal with Murray fighting over those picks, and you know, a they're gonna set a lot of picks.
Speaker 2: Gafferd sets a lot of picks.
Speaker 1: Lively sets a lot of picks. They like to do the dribble drive, pick and roll, dribble hand dribble hand off. So it's gonna be interesting see this thing match up. But I think I'm gonna go with dub I think I think I like the Mavericks.
Speaker 5: Well, I mean both of y'all wrong, and I'm gonna say it. I'm gonna say it again, and I said it the last series. I told you the Wolves is gonna be win the last series simply because the ant man and I'm gonna do it again. I'm riding with a man again. There's something about that young man. It's something about this energy we already know he could do on the court. I'm just saying it's already his energy is passion for the game. He got that it factor, that in factor you can't you can't teach. He got that killer instinct with a smile on his face, similar to.
Speaker 2: Kobe and m j.
Speaker 5: I'm not calling them Michael Jordan, I'm not calling Kobe. I'm saying he has that same fact that they had when it comes to playing, and that with that killer instinct and that killer mentality, I'm telling you they're gonna send the MAVs home in seven.
Speaker 2: Now. You heard it here first. So if you're a gambling man, if you like to spend money, you want to gamble, you know what to do.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 6: You always tell people the it factor. You can have it fact you won't, but your car can't wrong. Got no offer that right now? Them what's gonna run? They're gonna.
Speaker 4: I feel like they're gonna run man into the Greg Gone.
Speaker 6: Look can do so much man, and like like said, you just spending all their energy trying to chase Kyrie. Then they're gonna be putting them on Lucal, then they're running out picking screens. I think I say about game five, he's gonna be real frustrated. And I'm telling y'all right now, when they get him Dallas, it's gonna get the rocking and rolling down there. And you know, timer, we'll still a young team as well as I ain't gonna say Dallas dan't they old. But Kyrie been really baptistic even been to the finals. He knows what he's gonna get too high, He's gonna get too low. So that's the only reason why I say I feel like the Maths gonna win this series and six. But I ain't taking nothing away from my team. Ant Man, phenomenal young player. He got a long time in this league to be great and winning rings. But for us getting to the finals, it's Dallas hip man. Dirk over there, got he wived and send him to the game with the with the paper plate with the fall on top of end' an. That's how you know that boy got his sister. He come to the game with fall paper on the player.
Speaker 1: I got that people asking him the chat You'll say, how is Kyrie gonna deal with that man? Kyrie is not gonna cover at man. Kyrie's gonna be on Mike Conley. That's gonna be his matchup for what? Because why would you why would you put him? Why would you put him on ad? He's not their best defender? Probably PJ Washington I'm thinking of end up with that man.
Speaker 2: Can't do nothing, waiting, can't do nothing, witty throwing. Yeah, that's it. I mean, ain't no what star can stop another star?
Speaker 1: Rudy Gobert's defensive Player of the Year and Yokich eighties what they end up putting Karl Anthony Towns on him. So stopping a defensive guy stopping a great offensive player, that's not gonna happen.
Speaker 2: You just try to limit it.
Speaker 1: You try to make it as tough as he possibly can on him, just like they're not gonna stop Luca. But I'm gonna try to make it as difficult as it possibly can. I'm gonna try to make him as inefficient as I possibly can. If he gets thirty five, but it take him twenty eight shots to do it. Okay, I can live with that, right, but I can't let him get thirty five on twenty shots. I can't let him get thirty five on eighteen nineteen shots. Nah, as long as it as long as he's like six or seven shots from what his point total lives, I can live with that.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: If you letting him now, if you go let him be nineteen or twenty eight, Yah's gonna be in trouble. You can be probably gonna have forty five, not thirty five. But you just try to make it as difficult as you possibly can.
Speaker 2: O Joe.
Speaker 1: You try to run him off as mini picks, you know, call Anthony town. He likes to pick and pop. He can roll to the basket and stuff. That's not This is a big team. They can rebound. This is big. When you go to sem Fuddhers, you expect to win the rebounding battle. Yeah, then you come in with nas Reid who's sixteen, so you're expecting to win the rebounding battle and so the second chance points. So that's what I'm looking at. Who wins the second chance points? Who wins points in the paint. Both guys like to spend a lot of time in the paint. Luca liked to get in the paint Kyrie likes to play in the paint and man like to be in the paint. So it's gonna be very very interesting calling it a cat does have an advantage. He has an advantage over PJ. He has the advantage over anybody that's gonna possibly be guarding. The question is is he gonna be willing to go down in the paint or you just gonna hover around the three point line?
Speaker 4: Hey?
Speaker 6: On all three point line like always, that's what tripping over his big seat, Tripp seven foot sometimes he playing like the six foot man caught at the times you right, he really can't nobody really whole quantity times when he gonna want to be held.
Speaker 4: But for the most point he just hang over there like Chris Bosh used to do three point.
Speaker 6: Line and just just seven. But it's gonna be a good series. I'll tell you that it's a pass another torch if you ask me, del Vioger, ain't no bronze, ain't no currs, ain't no durance is ant man, Luca, you know what I'm saying. Like it's a young man's game right now, so I think it's a passing of the torch. It's a bringing the thing. Really just to sit back and just watch this thing play out the way it's gonna play out.
Speaker 1: It really is. This is the first time in a long time. You ain't got no kd. You ain't got no Steph, you ain't got no Lebron, ain't none of them guys. All those guys were gone after the first round. Stephan didn't even make the playoffs. So now you got guys the old guard. I mean, that's not that's not even making it past the first round. This is a young man's game. They're getting younger and younger. You see team putting big try to put big threes together, and that's not working.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: It's homegrown. Karl Anthony Towns is homegrown. Yes, they're great, great acquisition in getting Conley Jade McDaniels, homegrown, Naz Reid. I think he was a trade, but he's been he's homegrown. Rudy Gobert, they traded for Rudy Gobert. You look at the other team for the most part, you know they're homegrown guy.
Speaker 2: And so that's that's where we are now.
Speaker 1: It is I agree with you, dub, I believe it's it's a changing of the guard. Uh these young guys, they don't fear anything anymore. It's like it's I time. You guys have had your time. Now it's I time. And uh man, they doing it. These young guys are doing it. So it's gonna be interesting to see. You know. Uh, the Maths do have Powell. You know, they haven't played him in a while, dubbing o Jo. Pole's been sitting on the bench because once they got brought Gafford in in PJ. Washington, he was kind of relegated. They get a big lead the game he comes in and play, they're way behind. He comes in and play, but they're mainly been rolling with Gaffer and Lively. Lively he got great bounce, rolling to the basket, that's what he is. Great lob can rebound, gave you a double double yesterday. So it's gonna be interesting to see how this thing plays out with the two bigs from Minnesota and will they go will Maths, because see, if I'm the Maths, I'm gonna do what I do. I'm not gonna try to match up. I'm not gonna try to beat you at your game. That's your game playing two bags. Our game is the roll with Gaffer and then swop him out with with Lively. But that's gonna be a very interesting series. Give the Minnesota Timberwolves credit enter into nine teams that were twenty and old all time, up by fifteen at the half in a game seven, and the Minnesota Timberwolves erased that. The Pacers go on the road beat the Knicks one nine. They came out hot early, took the crowd out of the ball game. And when you did that, and that's what you needed to see. I needed to see ty Tyres Halibert, he tells you, he says, man, I'm legit. He's an all star. He played like one today. He gave you twenty six points. Nimhr gave you twenty points. Miles Turner gave you seventeen points. Aaron Nesmith gave you nineteen points. Pj's Pascal Siaka gave you twenty point. TJ McConnell. That joke of toughest wet level man, Hey, hey Doug, hein't giving it to him, Hey dude pulling up on the baseline shooting from behind the back, like, oh, y'all saw that too other night. He told him, I'm a dog. Oh you see how the tempo pick up. He picked up jay Len Brunson full court. Come on, let's go. Let's do that. Make it tough on him. They got twelve, so they had their starters. Twenty nineteen, seventeen, twenty twenty six. They got three guys with twenty points, one guy with nineteen, one guy with seventeen. McConnell comes off the bench, give you twelve. Isaiah Jackson comes off the bench, gives you nine. At some point in time, you just run out of bodies. Oh Joe, you can't keep og Leanobe hurt, Josh Hart real College, he's heath injured. Uh, you got no Julius Randall, Robinson's gone, brought Donovich's out, and Jalen Brunson he ends up breaking his hand on a breakaway, tried to strip the ball.
Speaker 2: Bro everzond. There's so much you can do.
Speaker 1: I mean, I spike leading, getting them y'all let hooping and holland hell he be doing. Got help them chase and markes ship.
Speaker 4: You got help him do.
Speaker 1: Something bad Joe, Hey, hey, bad Joe. Could have sent a screen or something, but the problem was that couldn't play defense. O Joe, you got a team if I'm not mistaken. That's pretty close to a record. They shot sixty seven percent from the floor, Yeah, fifty four percent from the three. Yea, you not beating the team if you let them shoot sixty seven percent from the floor and fifty four percent, and they should they shoot at least twenty three right and they Oh.
Speaker 5: No, you're not beating Listen. They everybody showed up for the Pacers. Obviously, it was game seven, it was duer die. They were playing in the Garden, the Mecca, and they ran they they ran the next spread up out of that. But the Knicks being injured, it didn't help. Jalen Brunson being injured, getting injured didn't help obviously, you know, Julus Randal, he hadn't been there all series, hadn't been there for a while.
Speaker 2: Josh hurt, Josh Hart being hurt as well.
Speaker 5: It just it was only so much they could do, and they don't They don't have much of a bench anyway that could compete.
Speaker 2: With the Pacers.
Speaker 1: No go ahead, dubh Tyri Solibrandon.
Speaker 4: He had twenty five, twenty six points.
Speaker 1: He had twenty six points, six or six, four rebounds or steal a block, and only two turnovers.
Speaker 6: When he's aggressive Indiana tough debate. Remember early in the year the run they went on up the Lakers ended up being there and they play in tournament. I'm not there playing tournament, but they little in season tournament, in season tournament. So there you go, right there, Miles Turner hip then where he had seventeen points tonight.
Speaker 1: Yep, them Hart gave you twenty, Pascal Fiakam gave you twenty, and Aaron Nesmith gave you a nineteen on pass.
Speaker 2: I can think he Kobe.
Speaker 6: He think he's coming down there doing turnaround waving people like he going one on one now on run the off fens through HALLI burry Man.
Speaker 4: But nevertheless, though, I think you know Nick's hurt. Uh Josh Hart blew a tire.
Speaker 6: Uh sangue Jackson le Bronston, the head coach, he can just rang them man Cans rang him too much.
Speaker 4: Man, Josh Hart playing forty eight minutes like what two or three games in the row.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 6: So I think they just take a toll on your body as a whole. But you know, the Knicks, y'all had a great season. I got a couple of friends up to Uncle New York and them rats right now and they're having the ceremony right now. Skipped to my loop. Right now, y'all rule this grain right now. Man, y'all celebrated to hereld Man. I was seeing y'all playing music before the game. I knew again y'all was gonna lose. But I got to the places they ate country kitchen.
Speaker 2: Before the.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I knew that we're gonna win country kitchen.
Speaker 1: Cut your kitchen where it's at. I agree with you, Dub, and we've talked about it all year. The problem that Tims have is that he plays these guys extremely. I mean, bro, they on fumes. They're on fumes. I mean, you got Josh Hart. Josh Hart probably until he went out the other night, was probably averaging about forty three minutes a game in the in the postseason. You got all these guys played and O G look, I understand he hey he held together with all that tape. I was like, well, damn, bro, how you gonna be able to move? He got Canifield tape, all that rock k all down in the back of his leg, all down the side. Hell, I thought he was a ken doll that we had no pull the off as he tried to fix him up. What damn why he shoulder? He went up and down like two times up he raised that hands.
Speaker 2: I got nothing for you.
Speaker 1: I ain't got nothing player today, but that I mean, you play those kind of minutes and you look at the shooting Pascal Siakam eight of fifteen, Aaron Nei Smith eight of eight, Miles Turner seven of eleven, nim Hard six eight of ten, Haliburton ten of seventeen, McConnell six of eight, Isaiah Jackson three or three. Only Obie Tompa was out there running around like a blind dog in the meathouse. He was good and terrible to that good thing that he need him. But you let a team shoot sixty seven percent from the floor fifty four percent from the three.
Speaker 2: Oh man, you're not beating them.
Speaker 5: You know, it's funny, and the chances of you matching that efficiency is not highly not likely because somebody ain't playing no goddamn defense.
Speaker 2: For one, somebody ain't playing no goddamn defense.
Speaker 4: You know what they were say, is a player?
Speaker 2: Ye?
Speaker 4: Well, like what do you say? Can you can you start hurt? Really?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 1: Yeah, bruston hurt? Like who do you step go to and talk to say we really need you. Like, like who was on their team that you think Bronson could have went to, Butteven Chinzo gave you thirty nine a dub. He was nine to fifteen from the three he was. He was like keeping them attacked. But the problem is you if you studied and they have. I'm certain if you watch the way the Pacers play, they're looking to push tempo. Whether you make it, they'll take it out the net and they're gonna push it. If you look at it. They was on made basket. They was getting up, laying the ball up in the other end because the Knicks weren't getting back. You make you miss it. They getting up and you got Nim hard raining a three. You automatically know you got the sprint back because you know why. They know Josh Hart's gonna crash the boards. They know Hart and Steam's coming, so somebody if everybody crashing the boards, who's back on defense? So they're like, okay, let's krrah a corral, a couple of the lose balls. We're gonna get some easy bucket. But you know the Pacer style, they don't play defense either. They just feel that they're gonna make a better percentage, they're gonna get more layups than you are. Yeah, they don't play no defense. They're not They're trying to play old eighties basketball. And if you're old enough to remember when the teams were routinely scoring one forties, one fifties, there are a couple of games in the one eighties if you could believe that.
Speaker 2: But the way they play, they're trying to ay make or miss.
Speaker 1: We push it and mc mike d'An tony offense that he is, Yeah, uh talk bad about because he took the sentience teams he had.
Speaker 6: They been playing no defense. They've been trying to not score. You the Pacers doing now.
Speaker 1: So you see the number. You see the number they got one thirty. They scored thirty nine in the first quarter. They scored thirty nine in the second quarter. That's a that's seventy points. They got thirty one in the last twenty five playoff series. That's the first time, that's the first time somebody's been of one hundred and one through three orders.
Speaker 2: And you ain't playing a liquor defense.
Speaker 4: And they couldn't be me because you ain't playing defense. I'm the coach.
Speaker 1: You're sitting by me, come out. I put somebody else in there. Well at this point, well was o g once Og got hurt. He's the best perimeter defender, Josh Hart with that cartlage, you know, Jo you I don't know if you've ever had real collage, but you ain't moving to split with Yeah, because.
Speaker 2: The sudden movement, it hurt.
Speaker 4: It hurt. Yeah, Yeah, I know.
Speaker 2: They gave a little medicine. They gave a little medicine.
Speaker 5: I don't, Yeah, I don't. I don't know what they feel like. I don't know what it feels like. But obviously, listen, the Pacers did what they need to do. But I'm curious. The Knicks didn't have a bad season at all. Injuries injuries ruined the ending of this series, and I just I just wanted to I want to ask both of y'all, what do you think Jalen Bruns and rings as a Nick all time?
Speaker 2: Well, it's too early, because you got to realize that Nick one championship.
Speaker 1: Now they had walk cried Phraiser, they had Earl the Pearl one rock was it makes one championships?
Speaker 5: I mean, based on based on what he's done so far is as far as his scoring efficiency in the playoffs is he?
Speaker 2: Oh yeahwhere in the top as far Westand.
Speaker 1: I don't know if you remember Bernard King in the eighties, but bird Dog could go get buckets, yeah, oh yeah, for sure.
Speaker 4: There.
Speaker 1: Okay, So I think the thing else and look, I love I love his game. He's an undersized guard. We hadn't seen a guard his size. You got to go back to Isaiah Thomas. You remember Isaiah Thomas was doing this for the Celtics before he had that hip.
Speaker 2: He tore out labor. M in his hell.
Speaker 1: He was dropping fifty, he was dropping forties and really him playing through dealing what he was dealing.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: He remember he tragically lost his sister and he played through a tour in labor, which really cost him because he should have sat his ass down.
Speaker 2: Let that thing.
Speaker 1: He dandy, ain't got a player, and the man never got the money that he rightfully deserve. But if you go back and look at a Isaiah Little, it not Zee the original Isaiah. He put up numbers, he put a had numbers like this. But man Brunson, man, he can go get buckets. He hey, he can got the three He can stroke the three, and he spends a lot of time in the pain man. He be putting that body on and putting that shoulder in the chest. All he needs is is a little separation and that left it in the mid range. He's special. They got something special. But the thing is what o Jo you know and Dub, you've been following sports. You don't start back in the Eastern Conference semifinals. You gotta start this is the journey all over again. You gotta leave your house all over again and start on this road again. And it ain't no guarantees in sports. That's why we love sports so much because it ain't no guarantee. Ain't no guarantee you're gonna get back here, ain't no guarantee that you're gonna take a step for it. You're like, oh, yeah, they went to the semifinals, Eastern Conference summi finals. Next year they take the next step into the next year they take Now, it don't work like that. That's not how sports. You gotta think about it. You're gonna have a healthy youngest, a healthy dame next year. The bucks can't can't count. Can't count to my next year either, or healthy Joel and b and b you didn't get got them skepules.
Speaker 2: Fam you can't by all that the sketch man.
Speaker 4: Why you always got problem, need problem sketcher.
Speaker 1: Come on, man, hey, Doug, what they paying them? He Doug, what they're paying the bad man. You need to gonna get on some of the sketches they.
Speaker 4: Put me after his own. I ain't passing the ball.
Speaker 1: Let you know right now, schedules, pro kids, zips, it o't batter whatever y'all got. Y'all there. They probably give that man probably about twelve fifty to wear them sketches. Yeah, more than that to be to be honest, ain't nobody wearing them but him? They have to be giving him fifty. I let the sketches, I wear them Julius rather than sketchers.
Speaker 4: Also, dun he can't playing nine months was around. He ain't help me more thing with the knicks right now, So.
Speaker 2: You have to A.
Speaker 1: I don't know had this ever happened before. Two road teams on the same day go on the road and win game sevens. I don't know if that's ever happened before. So you probably got an opportunity to win something with witness something extremely rare with two road teams go on the road and win Game sevens. The Knicks go on the road and they do a complete demolition job on the Knicks one to one oh nine. The Timberwolves, down by as many as twenty points in the ball game, come back all the way back, and they wear ninety eight to ninety. Both teams advanced to the Eastern and Western Conference Finals, where the Pacers will take on the Celtics, who's been.
Speaker 2: Waiting for a couple of days.
Speaker 1: And the Timberwolves start at home where they take on the Dallas Mavericks, who dispatched the OKC thunder yesterday. So that's the that's the matchup. Pacers travel to Boston. Game one is probably what Tuesday? Wednesday in the Minnesota, Timberwolves open at against the Dallas Mavericks. Uh So the Boston series starts Wednesday. The Winston Conference the Math start Winnsday, Okay, the Mavericks and the Mavericks and the Timberwolves start Wednesday, Indiana and the Celtics start Tuesday.
Speaker 2: Okay. All right, it's time for our first first first segment of the night. It's a news cap.
Speaker 1: Several teams are considering drafting Bronnie in the first round to loud Lebron James. An anonymous NBA execs, if you're contender and you're not having those conversations, it's irresponsible. The Lakers are among the teams reportedly considering drafting Bronnie I'll bet in the second round. The Mavericks are also in the mix, with reports suggested they might draft Ronny as a strategy to attract Lebron to their roster. Dube, I'm gonna start with you on different first, what you think should their team draft Lebron Lebron James. You r Bronnie James in the first round with the hope of potentially Lourie Lebron Hey on, No, I love bron Bronni is gonna be great in this league, but I'm not taking the first round.
Speaker 6: No, I'm not gonna better do it the only way I would do it if I know Lebron. In fact, it's gonna come to my team now. Reason why I feel like the Dallas Massage name come up because the relationship with Lebron and Jason Kidd.
Speaker 4: So I don't think I'm tink. A lot of people know that they're real close and cool.
Speaker 1: On that.
Speaker 6: So I could see Jason Kidd trying to pull that off. But I don't see the Lakers letting that happen. I feel like they are gonna draft Brunny and just keep bron now and do it that way. But I'm on NBA owner and fresh rynd. Bronnie James come up. Watch out is he's still in the fourth round?
Speaker 2: Thirty fourth round?
Speaker 6: Object football? Well, I gave him second round. I'm not getting the first round. I got to go get I got to go give me some tick from somebody's gonna help my team right now, not two or three years from now.
Speaker 1: I need somebody right now. So now, I wouldn't take Bronnie first round. Now what you what you thinking about Joe Man?
Speaker 5: You know I'm going I'm going to get him. I'm going to get him first round, second round. I don't care what it is, because you understand Lebron has already said it already. Lebron said his dream is to play with his son. So whoever drafts Lebron, whoever drafts Bronnie, Lebron at some point is going to find his way there.
Speaker 2: It might be the Lakers.
Speaker 5: If it's not the Lakers, hell, it could be the Math, wherever it is Hell, it could be Cleveland, whatever it would. It don't matter what round he goes to. You still understand what you get. Even with a thirty plus year old Lebron. It gives your team a chance to be in contention wherever he goes. It doesn't matter even at his age.
Speaker 4: You know nothing.
Speaker 2: That's been.
Speaker 1: Thirteen years ago. I will say about Lebron. This Lebron, he's brought up several times. No, guess what I haven't heard. I've heard Lebron say his dream is to play with Bronny. I've never heard Bronnie say that's my dream to play with I.
Speaker 2: Suppose he's not supposed to say he's not because he's not supposed to. You got to start the script because they had that talk at home already. Let me do the talking.
Speaker 7: You say all the right things, and I'll have everything else on the back end. He's not supposed to say that if Lebron. I don't believe Lebron his last year. I believe he's gonna play with Bronnie the next two year.
Speaker 5: Last year, I told you that's not gonna happen. It's going to happen now if it ain't. If it doesn't happen now, it ain't gonna happen later. But then Lebron ain't trying to win no more rings. Then he need to come out and say thank you, thank you.
Speaker 4: He needs to. I just want to play with my son. Cool well, she's gonna want to win. Brought home.
Speaker 2: Hold on you, jail. You just said it's the passing of that t it's a young man's game now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but Bronny ain't thirty yet. He gonna be here, y'all trying to give him.
Speaker 6: Taper food too fast, durable, continue to give him durable.
Speaker 2: You get that chicken.
Speaker 6: It's gonna be over. It's only gonna want some chicken. Give him umber now right now, man on the durable man.
Speaker 1: Bron That's the thing that's it. Like I said, I believe Lebron James, he's gonna opt out of the contract. I believe the signs two plus an option. The option here gives him the opportunity to opt out his contract and go wherever Brony is. Brian is right, but Lebron James, Lebron James, and he's looking like okay, I'm sure Rich Paul and Lebron is saying working who develops.
Speaker 2: Players? Laker?
Speaker 4: Who?
Speaker 2: The Lakers developed Lamo?
Speaker 1: They didn't. They didn't develop, They didn't develop, Lonzoball, the developed Julius Randall.
Speaker 2: You own?
Speaker 1: Oh, we want to give them credit if they thought so much, If they thought so much to Austin Reeves, he wouldn't have been an undrafted Fridger. Wasn't Caruso or another undrafted Frigier. I'm talking about those high draft picks, the brandon Ingram, the d Los, the Lonzo Ball, the Julius Randall? Did they develop there?
Speaker 5: Hey, I got a question when it comes to development. Doesn't development anyway happen in the goddamn off season.
Speaker 6: If I'm mistaken, that bred pop bitch somewhere to get developed the right way?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 2: Did you see you see? Okay? See you see them young guys? Are they developing? Yeah? You just told me.
Speaker 1: You just told me you developed by playing. Now you're telling me you developed in the off season.
Speaker 5: Play saying developed, working on your game, get get getting your ship together, because osse, once you go into a structuring environment, I'm just.
Speaker 2: Thinking excess nose. I'm thinking of ex nos and whatever you whatever you.
Speaker 5: Improve in the off season, then you bring that in and make and make it easier for those around you.
Speaker 2: That's that's that's what I mean.
Speaker 4: You carry over?
Speaker 2: Can you carry it over in the game? Hey, I mean I would hope, So, I would hope.
Speaker 1: We see a lot of guys. How many guys you see on tape? You see in the off season they working out and he come game time you're like, well, damn, bro, I saw you. Yeah, yeah, I saw your IG story. You look like Jared Rice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I see what you mean. I see what you mean.
Speaker 1: But look like I said, I don't think Lebron. I don't think Lebron is chomping at the bed right now. He knows that process is a couple.
Speaker 2: Of years away.
Speaker 1: I believe Lebron James believes, legitimately believe he can play currently at the level that he's playing at at least two to three more years. I believe he believed that in his heart that he can average twenty five the numbers that he averaged twenty five points, seven rebounds, eight assists for the next two to three years that third year plus dub He want to put that record out that he don't want nobody to ever get that because they thought nobody would ever touch Kareem's record. Yeah, because I'm old enough to remember when Keith Kareem broke the record at the Thomas and Mack at UNLV. People don't against Utah because back then teams travel basketball wasn't like it was now that you play all your home games in your home arena. No, the Lakers travel Boston, played games in Hartford, Atlanta, played games in New Orleans. People don't. I'm old enough to remember that, Doug. That a little bit before your time. You at Ocho, Yeah, I know, I was there.
Speaker 2: I was there.
Speaker 1: The rules were a lot different. You got three shots to make two at the free throw line. Three to make two is what they called it. The first roude of the playoffs was the best two out of three, and then you went three out of five, then you went four out of seven. I remember when they put the three point line in the nineteen seventy.
Speaker 2: Nine Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah, that game. So that just goes that just a show you.
Speaker 1: But I don't think I think lebron I think Bronny needs time to develop. He needs probably about another year to grow into its body, get a little stronger, what did they say. He's six one and a half two ten. That's a nice that's a nice little frame. He probably could put on another five times and can be a holiday, be a davy On Mitchell. He think he can be better, you think he'd be better than that job. I think he got the best trainer in the world, his daddy. I don't doubt nothing about what Broggie James can't be and all so. But but here's the thing done. We got the temporary expectations because of his daddy, because a lot of times what we do with his dad that he God ain't gonna give you that. You tell me the great historically great player that his dad and the son have been historically great. Kareem had a son, Doctor j had a son, magic got son.
Speaker 5: I know, I know I know one who won't be like that. I know I know a father son daughter who won't be like that. Who Marvin Harrison Senior, Marvin Harrison Jr.
Speaker 2: That'll be the first.
Speaker 5: Mark got to be the first, and that that's that's one on the way. But I mean, my expectations are realistic. You can look at at the DNA, you can look at the body style, you can look at the playing type of each of each person.
Speaker 2: You look at lebron you look at Bronnie.
Speaker 5: I'm not expecting Bronnie to look like lebron because they have completely different playing styles, They're built differently. It just it just it just common sense from looking from the outside in. So I'm not expecting Bronnie to play like that. So obviously, whatever style of game he does, having whatever style of game he does develop, he ain't going to have to make a name for himself and it won't be anything like his father.
Speaker 1: But he can sure do it right now, and bron could. At this point, I know you're not sure. Brinny needs to be Bryce's side. Bryce looked like he's about sixty six. That's what Bronnie needs. Brinny needs to be sixty six. No, stop it. Barry Bonds was a very good player. I mean, Bobby Bons was a very good player. He ain't Barry Ken Griffyth Sr. Was a very good player.
Speaker 4: He ain't junior junior.
Speaker 2: So stop it, stop it, y'all. List the names. You can list, all the names you won't.
Speaker 1: Maybe if you want to go hockey, you go to the hall, you go Brenton, Bobby Hawk, Okay, I can see that, but when you start talking basketball and baseball and football, it ain't even close either. The dad was historic. Archie Manning was great. He got two sons that went number one overall. Archie wasn't Peyton. I'm old enough. I'm old enough to remember when Archie play.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've seen Archie play with the Saints. Man. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So I'm just saying, you know, it's gonna be very, very interesting to see how this thing materializes. I just think the thing is is hard for a player when you have a historically great father, because they automatically assume you're gonna be like that. And bro, you're talking about I believe he's the greatest. Most people don't have him outside the top three. The likelihood of somebody a top three football, basketball, baseball player.
Speaker 2: And you got a son that's gonna be history transcendently great. Come on now, oh, the Mainweather. That's another good example. Hey, Floyd Senior wasn't Floyd A.
Speaker 1: He wasn't junior, right, Ay, No, if that was the case, If Sugar Ray Leonard was may Weather, for now we're talking about something. Because Sugar Ray was legit won the Gold Mellon in seventy six and then short uh yeah, seventy six. And then he ended up knocking out Wilfer Benitez, who was the youngest champion at seventeen. Well he was like he was a little older when he knocked him out, but he won the better like Wilfer Benitaez. I think he was seventeen when he won the title. But it doesn't happen. It doesn't happen. Offer, Look at Joe Fraser, Marvius uh seizar Z junior and senior.
Speaker 2: Junior, senior.
Speaker 5: Yeah, mah was great and he was great. Yeah, that's a good one. And that's a good one. That's a good one. That's a good one.
Speaker 4: It doesn't happen, Offer, I mean my daddy went with her, damn and I.
Speaker 2: Now so so now so that app was still on the tree, did fall from the tree? Still on the tree?
Speaker 1: Y Donovan Mitchell is the Lakers top trade target this summer if he decides, if they decide to add a third star. The focus on Mitchell is notable shift for the Lakers organization. Just a few months ago, they were content to pursue trade similar scale players including Trey Young or Dejontay Murray. Coming into the season, there were more focused on building up their supporting cast than anything else with but with Lebron entering the final year of his career, the Lakers are growing desperate to win a title, and they decided the quickest path to that goal is to bring in star power as soon as possible.
Speaker 5: So I keep hearing multiple things here, and I keep hearing Jeante Murray, Donovan Mitchell, and then I hear Damar Rosan wants to come back home and play. He has no problem coming back home. He's always wanted to come play. I think things can happen. I think Russ came instead instead of tomorrow.
Speaker 4: So what do they do?
Speaker 5: Who is the best fit? Who is the best fit to pair where they have? They have a three headed monster. I'm assuming they have to get really rush, right Janel Russell has to.
Speaker 2: Go or yeah, people gotta go. He ain't gonna be the only one. Well, you ain't gonna you ain't gonna have no bench. Then you gonna be just You're gonna be just like You're gonna be just like the Sons. Do you want to do that? Do you want to put it?
Speaker 5: Do you want to put all your eggs in one basket with a three headed monster and have no goddamn bench in there, and and the onus of winning becomes just is relying on three people.
Speaker 6: They nause, You're gonna be just like the Sons.
Speaker 2: You're gonna be home. Maybe Kevin Durant.
Speaker 4: Come for him?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah for him.
Speaker 4: You. I won't need no bits if I get ka.
Speaker 2: Look at it.
Speaker 1: Look at look at Minnesota, they got two stars enrolled. Look at them, but they won the championship two stars and rolls. Look at uh look at Indiana. Yeah, then the fire there in the Eastern Conference finals. Look at how they're built. Look at the Celtics. Look how they're bill. Yeah, the three stars? You you you deplete.
Speaker 2: Because I read that over the what the next three years? They old book bill.
Speaker 1: And KD four hundred and eighty four million between the three God damn, how you gonna put what you're gonna put around them on? They owe? How much? Four hundred and eighty four million? Yeah, and then go nowhere. So it's.
Speaker 2: Come the real talk. Whatever you mean, we got it for you. I'm phinomen. Let me see, let me see if Katie answer man, let me see, let me see what happened? Man?
Speaker 1: Look here, Hey, Cardinal's rookie Marvin Harrison Junior is being sued by fanatic. Marvin Harris Junior's marches to his own drum. There are higher limits of doing things his own way. One such limitation potentially comes from a contractual commitment he previously made a counselor of the conflict between Harrison Fanatic emerged after the draft, sparked by Harrison's failure to sign an NFL PA licensing deal that would allow Fanatics to sell his Cardinals jersey. It came to a head this weekend with Harrison not going to the NFL Rookie Premiere, and more significally, Fanatics sue and Harrison for breach of contract.
Speaker 2: Hey, you guys, I'm confused. I'm confused by this. Now if he signed the contract, you know what you're confused by? Okay? Okay, so he did sign it. Huh so he did sign it. It's hard for me.
Speaker 1: It's hard for me to believe that he didn't sign it, and this company is suing him, damn, because it's gonna be easy to prove one way or another, right, Doug.
Speaker 2: That sick that signature?
Speaker 1: What dollar Bill said, he told what he tells Blue. I got a contract betwixt me and you to say, you do what I tell.
Speaker 2: You to do. So get on. So how do you how do you how do you resolve the issue? I've obviously I've never been in this issue.
Speaker 5: I've never heard of fanatics or any company actually suing the player for reach your contract.
Speaker 2: When it comes to them.
Speaker 5: Wanting to sell your memorabilia, obviously, they want to be able to make money off you.
Speaker 1: And like when you said, O Joe, it was just like we were the member of the n f l p A. The n f l p A could sell our jerseys, that can sell our cars, they can sell our likeness because we signed.
Speaker 2: The contract, right and we get once once you signed that contract, you can't back out of it. I get it.
Speaker 1: He marched to his own beat. He didn't go to the combine. He didn't have a pro day. He said, my tape speak for himself. All that's finding good. Once you put your name on that dotted line, it's a whole A Hey this here you see you know what you know what contracts used to mean. A contract was a meeting of the minds. There was no signature required. Dub had you know what, Dub Dub had live stock, I had produce Dub, and I make a Hey, Dub, I tell you what. For a couple of pigs and a couple of cattle, I'm gonna give you grain. I'm gonna give you produce. Okay, I get Dub livestock. I don't all of a sudden, I don't want to give him no grain or no produce. Now we already had a meeting of the mind.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: But see now I gotta get it on paper, because once I put it on that eight by ten.
Speaker 2: You can't get out of that. Hold on, hold on, hold on, guy, just let me get this brother, judge, Judy.
Speaker 1: Right here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, once it's on here, I don't care where I was under the rest, and I was.
Speaker 6: Under just like them freeing ups. You got gonna make them sign on. Oh yeah, you now you You said you get thirty million?
Speaker 2: You know you dollar?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Hey, yeah, yeah. Hey.
Speaker 1: I told my homeboy, I said, man, you signed the pre up. He said no, Man, homeboy, I ain't got nothing. I say, see, you should have signed the prenup because you want all of your nothing, Because if you getting the boys you're gonna get fifty percent of your nothing.
Speaker 2: So now you're only fifty percent of what you was when you came to the marriage. Now you see now, you see how you talking on? Now? You told me, but not for real.
Speaker 5: Sign Hey brother, I'm listen. My old lady makes more money than me. She got a little bit more money than me. And I'm just And I told hunk, listen, I'm trying to protect myself. I want to live the same like that live now in case he just tide to leave, I ain't signing ship because when you leave, I won't half ship. I want to still be a stay at home father when you go. You know how women are, man, One day they love you Monday, and on Friday they don't feel the same.
Speaker 2: No more.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she will love you. They got somebody to love you. My girl, she on me and cried with me, so.
Speaker 2: Right hold on, she tried hold your.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you pat me off. That's gonna be okay, man, you're gonna follow me.
Speaker 2: Damn, I have to.
Speaker 6: I have to stay there cause my mama said I couldn't come back over, so I get stuck it out.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's cool, that's cool. That's cool. Hey, listen, forget, forgive and forget, forgive and forget. Y'all are good. Little therapy, little therapy.
Speaker 6: I had to wait till I got my income money, then got burnt. But I got my taxes.
Speaker 2: I was out of Are you left?
Speaker 4: Yes? She let me carry the kids on my income. I got go follow her after I got that seven thousand. Tell me I don't need you now, come.
Speaker 5: On, I get my own place and you can't come all funny. Hey, but I understand. I understand what Martin Harrison Jr. Was trying to do, right, I know, I know what he was trying to do. I think he probably signed I think he doesn't even realize he signed it, and probably signed it a little earlier, and he an he suspects, don't. I think he wanted to make the bulk of the money. He wanted to make the bulk of the money instead of get the small percentage.
Speaker 2: O Joe, Where's you're gonna go? Fanatics own damn near everything? Every where you're gonna go.
Speaker 1: How you gonna get your how you're gonna get your jersey? How you gonna sell your jersey?
Speaker 5: I don't know, the same way, the same way, the same way we sell our of stuff. Maybe he could be the first. Maybe maybe he could be the first to do it.
Speaker 1: Shoe, Oh, Joe, we own night Cap, he don't own the NFL.
Speaker 2: What the hell you talking about your team? I know, I don't know, Angerer, I listen, I listen. I don't know what angle he was trying to do.
Speaker 5: I'm sure there's something, there's a reason that there's a mastermind behind what he was trying to do.
Speaker 2: I think he just signed a little too early and he had other plans, that's all.
Speaker 1: You know what happens on Joe. A lot of times where people got caught up at early on. They were signing with the agents. They were getting that money. Okay, give me one hundred thousand, and then they wanted to go sign with another agent. Well, you already put your name in the contract. You gotta pay that hundred thousand pack.
Speaker 2: You can go somewhere else. But you got an eight or a lot of times guys, I want a new agent.
Speaker 1: Well, as long as you under that contract that he negotiated, he gonna get that three four five percent that he negotiating. YEA, once you do a new contract, it's off the table. But he gonna And that's why I get Oh, I got me a new agent. Bro, you just signed the contract. You know he's still gonna get paid on that.
Speaker 2: He gota care.
Speaker 1: I sometimes, you know, I don't think guys understand how that worked. Just because you fire him, that doesn't mean he's still not entitled to the contract that he negotiated for you. But hopefully hopefully it works out. Like I said, we don't know the gist of it. It just seems to me that he probably and probably what happened on Joe because he was a big name, they probably gave him some money upfront, you think. So, yeah, man, you know them how them them top them top rookies come out, they already une signing cards. Yeah, they already they un signed them, so they already get They probably got one hundred thousand, two hundred thousand dollars before you got any money.
Speaker 2: So that's how you get them nice shiny road.
Speaker 1: That's how you get the aps and the potent and you wearing Lewis and them customs. What ain't working at oh Joe? What job they had from the end of the back football season to the to the draft?
Speaker 2: Right? We know that that the N I L N I L. Everybody got no N I L. That's true.
Speaker 1: Hey, yeah, we understand Jane Daniels, We understand, uh uh Caleb Williams. But everybody. I'm sure Marvin Harrison had one. But guess what, Yeah, we were, dub we were the last time you heard the person say I got too much money. You hear people say I got too many cars, I got too many homes, I got too many prayers of shoes, too many clothes. I ain't never heard the person say I got too much money, right, I mean, even with the n IL deal. Hold on, all I need to do is sign like a thousand cards and you're gonna give me two in a quarter of a meal.
Speaker 2: Some things on over here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hey, hey, I've been one time, like my second year, I signed like three thousand cards for.
Speaker 2: Like fifteen grand, three thousand and fifteen. Yeah. I wasn't getting no rep job, bro. I was a special team player, my bad man. I was.
Speaker 1: I wasn't what I became bo joke, Okay, hitting um yay, fifteen grand and you gotta think about it, old show, I was only making seventy three right, what that's a fifth of bout sellar you.
Speaker 2: You do, you do? I just did a signing last week. You still do signings and no?
Speaker 1: I do one?
Speaker 2: I did one. I did one. I think was that?
Speaker 4: What was that?
Speaker 2: Did we go? Did you go with me to DC? Did you go me to you didn't go to me to DC? To that Saturday?
Speaker 1: I went by myself. I do one to buy every four to five years.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's okay.
Speaker 5: There's a big one coming up in July where everybody gonna be at all the NBA players from back in the day Robin, all of the baseball players, all the legendary NFL Hall of Fame players is coming up in July. Dude told me to ask you if you want to do it out in Cleveland, because I just did a small one for Light for Light eighty ball, Light eighty Ball.
Speaker 2: I think Monday. It might have been Monday Monday last week, and he told me to ask you.
Speaker 5: I said, I don't know how Shannon works in operations when it comes to doing signings.
Speaker 1: But tell them about I appreciate it. I appreciate the invite, but but priud of that, Oh Joe. The last one I did, I did one in twenty nineteen. I just did one this year. Prior to the one in twenty nineteen. I think the last time I did it probably was two thousand and four, two thousand.
Speaker 2: I like how you spaced it out. I know it doing that. I know you're thinking, you think you're slick. I know what you're doing now, okay.
Speaker 1: And most of them, most of most of the time, I do it in private. So you know, you have the people that want the jerseys and oh you know, you want the special things, say uncle's club shape shape, and so most of them is done in private. And then you have the public side of the people. You know, Yeah, they have the tickets and you pull the tickets. It's over the song.
Speaker 2: But nah, nah, but tell them thank you. I really really appreciate that.
Speaker 1: Oh, Joe Dove, we got thirty two thousand people live in the chat right now.
Speaker 2: I guys, Hey, I know I know all them people. I know all them people. What's up?
Speaker 4: What's up?
Speaker 2: Get that subscribe?
Speaker 1: But hey, hit the subscribe button to a Nightcap, hit the subscribe button to a Bubbadub comedy and following Bubba Dub at ninety four on a on on, I g y'allna do that? Hey, y'all if you want to, y'all going hit that of subscribe button the club sha sha it too while you got it, hey, and guess what going go and pick you up a hat, a T shirt?
Speaker 2: What if we got a hoodie from Nightcap for club shape shape and don't don't forget don't get the likes.
Speaker 4: Man, y'all.
Speaker 1: I know y'all like the car hey, dumb and cracking jokes since it's been on here, so I know y'all be liking the content.
Speaker 2: Going to hit the lights, yeah, hit the lights man, stop playing man and the sub uh huh.
Speaker 1: Hey, you've told Sunday twenty and you'll get an additional twenty percent off of the purchase. So y'all please go buy the merk at eighty four dot com. We pin the we pin the link in the chat. So we appreciate that you know quality quantity as you still got qualities up here. As quantities quantity quality, you spell it like oho oh oh, I can spell that.
Speaker 2: Don't do that, and make sure y'all get make sure you get a Nightcap hat.
Speaker 5: If you balling, you ain't got no haircut, get your hat, get your hat.
Speaker 2: Hey, I've been trying to tell him for the longest time.
Speaker 1: I say, hey, I mean it's qualities up here, It's quantity quantities in the Sunny Fast We're offer free shipping on all orders over one hundred dollars and additional ten percent when you order two or more items and check this out.
Speaker 2: As a rookie.
Speaker 1: In twenty sixteen, Jakobe Brissett played for the Patriots under Bill Belichick. In twenty twenty four, Broset's back with the Patriots, playing for the second time with Jared Mayo. Grid Mayo, excuse me, the vibe is different. Brissette says he appreciate how much Mayo wants the players. Wants the players to be themselves, run the team and take ownership. He brings a lot of good energy. The cool thing is you can tell he's trying to make the players on the team run the team. Obviously he's the head coach and sets the standard, but he's definitely put a lot of responsibility on us, the players, and I like it. I'm gonna start with you, Oh Joe, what you think.
Speaker 2: I mean, It's cool, It's cool.
Speaker 5: I think the first the first thing he said that I like is he allows the players to beat themselves. I think there's something that players that have played in the Winland for many, many years have known. They had this thing called the Patriotway where you really had to you really just really couldn't be yourself. There are a few players that were themselves. Obviously Tom had to ask himself and not not be exactly who was. Gronk is one of the few, along with Aaron Hernandez, who were truly themselves and were able to get away with it.
Speaker 2: Because himsel Yeah, straight up, you know what I mean. I'm talk about own the field, man, I'm talking about own the field. Gronk was able to be himself.
Speaker 5: Obviously, you didn't see who Tom Brady truly was until he got the goddamn Tampa and the personality showed up. He created a Twitter account and you found out how funny he was and how much he liked to engage in creating content and I think drawing me. Allowing the players to be themselves first and then be football players, it would make things that much better and that much more welcoming for other players to want to come and play for him in New England.
Speaker 6: Cob bri your cover Brits that full of shit he gets trying to start get another big contract.
Speaker 4: That's he gonna say all the right things and and this and that.
Speaker 6: Never unless though, I do think Girod Mayo gonna be a great head coach. I really do, like y'all say he come up fund the bill billychick hes gonna be great. I mean, you always want to uh a coach that allow you could be yourself. It's twenty twenty four, man, you have to adapt. These are young, rich young men to Rob Mayo ain't too much older than the young man at that so he has to get on that level. You know, you have to come in and win over that locker room. Like I say, it used to be a Billichick waite, now it's gonna be a Gerard Mayo way. And he come into the right situation with Robert Craft. Even though I think things might not go great for New England. Maybe the first two years he ain't gonna get fired. I'm just thrown throw that got that he's gonna be okay. But the third season, if they ain't winning, I can see him getting up out of there. But Jacoby Bridge said they had a couple good years with the coach as well.
Speaker 4: I think I think he's they'll be okay.
Speaker 6: I don't really uh for see them being the old Patriots of old get the cause they got Girib Mayo, somebody up on the Bill Belichick tree. But I get personally, I just think Jacoby Bridge he just fo shit.
Speaker 4: Ma. He's saying everything he can say.
Speaker 2: Man, you know what I don't like, O Joe. I'll be all the way canded with you. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Man, they have a lot of players pooping on Coach Belichick. And they wasn't saying nothing when they was winning the rings. Ain't nobody had no way. Hey, nobody had no problem with not being able to beat themselves as long as they winning them rings. Now all of a sudden, Coach Belichick gone because you wasn't he there in twenty sixteen? Yeah, because you know what he ended up What did that he ended up starting the game for when Tom Brady was suspended.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he didn't say anything bad. Though, he ain't say anything bad. I'm just listen, UNC. You really couldn't be yourself. You really couldn't be.
Speaker 2: Really be who you truly are when you were there. I mean, just how dare you're gonna be?
Speaker 1: You? The third quarterback? Who the hell you trying to be Yeah, because he realized who he was when he was there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I don't think he was trying to say anything bad about Belichick.
Speaker 5: I think there's there's a sense of freedom, there's a sense of you know what, I don't have to walk on eggshells around around here where everybody's expendable.
Speaker 2: Well doing them days, everybody was expendable.
Speaker 1: Everybody they still expendable. They still expendable. Yeah, they got rid of Tall, you don't think they'll get rid of their ass. They cut Jaiir, right, they cut Joe Montana, they cut em and Smith, they cut they was about to cut Troy Aikman, Michael Levitt, Bruce and Thomas.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but even even more so back then, even more so back then, because they could they could put they can plug and pull and put pull pieces off the goddamn street. And things were gonna work because they had that number twelve as a centerpiece and no matter who you put around him, he was gonna make it work, no matter what.
Speaker 2: So that that's what I mean, a little bit more.
Speaker 5: Expendable, and people were walking on eggshells and and really didn't want to do anything wrong.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Look, look I understand it had been very difficult. Here is the thing, oh Joe, if you go into a situation like that and that's all you know. Yeah, because see, like if you got a parent, Doubb and you could tested this. If you got a parent that's disciplined and you go somewhere else that requires discipline, it's nothing to you. It's when you go somewhere and if there is no structure, when you're used to structure. See if you if I were, if I had to join the military, the military would have been anything to me because I've come from a structured family. I'm used to putting stuff away. I'm used to being on time. I'm used to having someone to when I'm wrong, to correct me and correct me in a tone that they're like, Okay, this can't happen, or as Colonel Jessup said, people die, not to that extent. But I understand. It's like coming in under Coach Reeves. Coach Reeves was a coach Tom Lander disciple, there's only one way to do it.
Speaker 2: That was his way. Yeah, after that, everything else was a piece of cake.
Speaker 1: Now had I came from Mike Shanahan who we had helmets and T shirts on Friday.
Speaker 2: We only put the paths on for about fourteen plays during the week and then go to coach Reeves. Oh hell noah.
Speaker 1: But when we putting people on the ground on nine o seven during the week, you could deal with anything after that. So if you got drafted, it probably was a shock to you because it was different in Cincinnati. Had you gotten drafted to the Patriots, that had been been second nature to you, because that's all you know.
Speaker 2: I mean, you know, it wasn't It wasn't a problem for me.
Speaker 5: But I just knew once I got there because introducing myself to Bill, it was hello, welcome to the Patriots. You know, you're gonna have to change who you are to be here. So I understand what that meant. So those are the words verbatim that was said to me. So that's why I say, for god damn, I'm gonna have to just be a shell of myself and nothing like I was in Cincinnati because that ain't part of the Patriot way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So that that's that's why I'm saying.
Speaker 4: So you say New England didn't get the full each other, it's what you say.
Speaker 2: Ain't even get ojo they got. They got Chad Johnson. Yeah shit, they ain't even get that.
Speaker 5: They got I don't know who the hell that motherfucker was that played for Patriot, That that nigga, that was Shiitt fuck.
Speaker 1: And I see and it was it was the total opposite. When I got to Baltimore, Ozzie, did you and a manager says, hey, be you, Yeah, I will, Hey, I will.
Speaker 2: I want the Shannon that I saw in Denver for all those years.
Speaker 1: Art Modell told rest his soul told me the same thing, Brian, Brian, Billy told me the exact same thing.
Speaker 2: Be you. Now it's different.
Speaker 1: I mean it's easy to say, but you know, o yallman, you going in you know, yeah, you meet friends and you joke a little bit, but it's not the same. Because I had ten years in Denver and I kind of grew and I kind of grew into the role, it was kind of a little difficult, difficult for me to.
Speaker 2: Come in there and try to like dat. So I just went about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we had fun, told a few jokes, but my thing was see how I work out in the weight room, see how I practice, see how I eat, And that was that was kind of like being who I was yeah.
Speaker 2: Did we tell jokes that we have fun doing stretching? Absolutely? Oh yeah.
Speaker 1: But I can understand what you're saying when you've been a certain way and then all of a sudden you have to hell who you are.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that would be tough. That'll be tough. Yeah.
Speaker 6: See, that's why I don't like what you get said when you're talking about be who you are.
Speaker 4: It's just like when I got with.
Speaker 6: My ex right before I got well, but she was a jump off. Then when she get with me, she wants to be a queen. I fell in love with the jumping on, not just somebody who want to be a queen. Man, I don't know this person right here, I'm all on your ownly fans.
Speaker 4: I'm loving what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 4: All of a sudden, I get the sat man, be who you are.
Speaker 1: But Doug, you're supposed to take her from a life or that you rescue the queen. You went to all the because you remember now you climbed the tower. Yeah, you climbed the tower, the rescuer.
Speaker 4: I was advertising I'm doing all this and that when the other players didn't.
Speaker 2: Have to do all that. No, yeah, yeah, we've all been there. We've all been there.
Speaker 1: All of a sudden, you know I'm saying, you think you know I know, you know that, I know I know that you'll know that I know what you're about.
Speaker 2: But now, all of a sudden, you want to go out to dinner.
Speaker 5: Y'all?
Speaker 2: How you why you?
Speaker 1: I used to ask why you want to be seen with me? You never required that to nobody else. Yeah, I'm different. They know who to play them games with. I'm different, No, don't. I don't want to be different. I want to be just like them. You know. I want to pay the water bill because the only thing I'm gonna do is wash my mass here. That's the only thing I do with due. I ain't got nothing. I ain't gonna put no food and refrigerator. I ain't buy no furniture I'm gonna do.
Speaker 2: I got one hundred.
Speaker 4: I got to stamp.
Speaker 2: Don't about I got to I got to.
Speaker 4: I ain't got nothing else.
Speaker 1: I got the y'all.
Speaker 2: Hell yeah, but you, but you're right, doun that that man is you kill me with that. I'm like, okay, you different. You know I can see myself with you? No, yeah, yourself with me?
Speaker 5: Yeah, you're not the fun guy. You're not the fun guy. If you were the fun guy, then they conduct themselves as such.
Speaker 2: Everybody want to you.
Speaker 5: You're a serious person that they see themselves with long term, like the fun guy, or they're gonna let the fun guy have fun, do whatever they want.
Speaker 2: Hit marsh night.
Speaker 5: You ain't gotta go nowhere. You ain't gotta be seen with her now you you are. You are a future husband to women in their eyes.
Speaker 1: Back in the day, long term with me with five hours, that what I got. I don't know you talk about long term. I'm a tempt Hey, you're giving them too much.
Speaker 4: Hey, I didn't want you. Damn.
Speaker 1: I've spent two hours come up, coming from out of town, so I ain't got the three.
Speaker 2: Oh no, but what I'm saying up the collar on now that's all.
Speaker 1: Hey, I'm a jimp. I ain't no permanent I'm a TYMP agency. Come in, I'm gonna work a couple of hours a week, and you're.
Speaker 2: Growing up there, you're out of there. I guess I guess you
Speaker 5: The volume