Speaker 1: Oh, I watched Balloon Farm.
Speaker 2: Will, what did you say?
Speaker 1: I was like, I go, I grabbed idiot.
Speaker 3: I was like, Will says, there's a really crazy movie we should watch, and we had so.
Speaker 4: Much fun farm.
Speaker 5: Tell me about balloon Farm.
Speaker 1: Oh, balloon Farm is a Magical World of Disney.
Speaker 4: It's a wonderful Disney that we did, done magical rewind Ye.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Then, and so we're Will and I were getting together to record in the City or a pod Meats World episode, and I don't know, somehow he was.
Speaker 1: Like, oh, you want to see an unhinged movie.
Speaker 3: And indies really into watching bad movies, Like ever since we watched Goblins two or you know what was it called Trolls Too, which should have been called Goblins. Ever since we watched that, he's like obsessed with watching, you know, really bad movies and having fun.
Speaker 1: So, yeah, we watch balloon Farm.
Speaker 2: Painted it is.
Speaker 4: It is about a dust bowl farm. And then Rip Torn shows up, okay to Mara Wilson is on the farm. He shows up and starts growing balloons.
Speaker 3: Oh, and everybody is so happy to have balloons, like they're starving, like they're literally it's a dust bowl, Like there's there's there's no one able to grow crops, but he grows balloons and changes everybody's lives.
Speaker 4: And sells them for ten dollars a piece, to the point where one family buys so many they lose their farm. The weirdest a balloon, Yes.
Speaker 3: And we're like, just you're sitting there trying to understand, like the logic of this movie. It's okay, So like it's based on a book, and you could tell it's like a probably from the nineteen fifties or forties, because it's like very old timey idea of like basically like magic comes to and uplifts the spirits of these sad, depressed people.
Speaker 1: Like that's the idea is like Willy.
Speaker 3: Wonka showed up and like made their life magical and then he disappears into the sunset.
Speaker 1: But the logic of it is like, but these they need food.
Speaker 5: Right, imagine.
Speaker 4: Why he eventually Well, do you want me to ruin the movie for you?
Speaker 6: I can if you want, I'm probably you know what, let me check my calendar. I'll let you know if I'm going to be able to get to Balloon Farm, I will not be able to get to Balloon Farm.
Speaker 4: So what what then happens is Mara Wilson uses the rest of the town's water supply to grow her own balloons on his farm, which are water balloons that sounds to hie up into the to the sky and pop and rain. So then everyone can do crops. But the thing that makes no sense is one of his pieces of magic, which again we talk about a nauseum, a magical rewind is he'll like, he'll have one lemon, and he'll put it in a container in a picture, and then all of a sudden it's lemonade and he has one coffee. That is what happens.
Speaker 6: Puts if you open lemons and put water on it.
Speaker 4: No, it's just one. He doesn't even cut it up. He's just and then as somebody walks by, it turns in pecan one per So I'm like, why is he doing that with corn and the crops they're actually trying to grow or money. And so for the book, though writer, we did the deep dive. By we, I mean producer Jensen did the deep dive. And what it is is that they added like the book was just a kid's very kid's friendly, five or six year old book about a guy who grows balloons. And then they added all the stuff about like the evil corporations coming in, people losing their farms, like that was just added for the movie. And apparently the gem which we could not find is there was a we saw it for a fuzzbucket. There is a series of these movies that are introed by Michael Eisner, right, and he'll he'll do like a fifteen literally like a fifteen minute or ten minute on camera intro where he's like walking on Disneyland, no where, he's just talking of BC on a set. And so apparently the one for Balloon Farm opens with him doing like a ten minute thing on hot air balloons, which the movie is not about at all.
Speaker 6: Oh my gosh, so is the part of the lesson? Still trying to figure out the lesson is part of the lesson. A give a man of fish, you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, you feed him for life. With the water like that, once they figured out how to make rain, they were then able to have crops.
Speaker 3: It's more like like allow some magic and whimsy into your life. Because everyone in the town is suspicious of this new guy. And when he's growing and mar Wilson is like much more welcoming and like able to see.
Speaker 6: So they took a Santa story exactly and they made it about me.
Speaker 4: But the.
Speaker 2: Shows up.
Speaker 1: But the actresses that plays the mom is amazing. What's her name from Rozanne?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: The cast is incredible. It's Laura Metcalf. Yes, it's Laurie Metcalf, marl Wilson. Mean, it's like a really good cast, but it is shot so poorly.
Speaker 1: It's that weird. It's that weird video.
Speaker 3: Moment where like video was so bad still but so much cheaper than film that there was just they just shot on video and it just looks it looks sped up, like the frame rates all messed up, so it looks like it's a sixty frames per second with this like cropped bat and yet they're trying to do camera moves. But you're just like it's just it's so it's dated in the worst way. Like it's like, just shoot this on film. Please shoot this on film, or don't try and make it a movie. Just shoot on video like a Boy Meets World episode, like you know, don't. But instead it's like trying to be a movie and you're like, oh, it's so painful to watch.
Speaker 4: The director was Ay, a man named William Deer who started on music videos, did Cheap Trick, Michael McDonald all that stuff, then did directed. His first film was Harry and the Hendersons and then he did the alowsome Richard Grico movie If Looks Could Kill?
Speaker 1: So this is my guy. He that was a notorious flop, but.
Speaker 2: He wrote it.
Speaker 4: He wrote The Rocketeer, and he did J. T. T's movie The Wild America.
Speaker 1: Acution for him.
Speaker 4: A bunch you and we were in this. Yeah, so this guy was Yeah. I mean when you got Harry and the Henderson's and If Looks Could Kill, come on blon Farm. Yeah, that's that's one for the ages.
Speaker 3: So he was like a really popular director. I was wondering why this cast was attached to this movie. I was like, this is an incredible because Mara at the time was like the number one kids actor.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's so.
Speaker 4: And then you got the cop who's gone on to become famous. But he was like in a different movie with his character.
Speaker 3: It was like every time he's like trying to make it it is for sure a pet detective and you're.
Speaker 1: Like it's not working.
Speaker 3: There's work where everyone else is in a like Dustball movie.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Like it was so strange. He like came in and he's like, I'm the sheriff and I got and you were going like, oh oh, he's doing a different films.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: He saw Disney and was like, I know what they want. Yes, Yes, welcome to Pod Meets World. I'm Daniel Fishl, I'm Rider Strong, and I'm Wilfordal.
Speaker 6: We have interviewed what feels like hundreds of child actors throughout the years on Pod Meets World, but today we are chatting with someone who took it one step further. He was a baby actor at just three months old. He made his TV debut on a Lily Tomlin special and then he got real lazy and he didn't work again until he was six, with a small part on Little House on the Prairie. Then came the guest star cycle on shows like Highway to Heaven, Family, Ties, Say Elsewhere, and Love Boat.
Speaker 5: Will just lit up like a.
Speaker 4: Christmas Tree Television Royalty.
Speaker 6: Plus two Disney original movies that Will is going to have to look into, Mister Boogady and Bride of Boogady.
Speaker 2: Whoa I tell Yes, Uh huh.
Speaker 6: And then in nineteen eighty seven, at just thirteen years old, a once in a generation character came his way when he was cast as Bud, the youngest of two children born to Al, a shoe salesman, and Peg Uh Peg.
Speaker 5: That show the.
Speaker 6: Hall of Fame controversy, magnet culture shifting sitcom Married with Children would become one of the longest running sitcoms in American TV history, running for eleven seasons and two hundred and fifty six episodes, helping lift Fox from laughable alternative to bonafide competitor to Network TV.
Speaker 5: How Big Was Married with Children.
Speaker 6: The show, which at its peak averaged twenty million viewers per episode, was remade in Argentina, Armenia, Bulgaria, Germany, Hungary, Israel, Mexico, Russia, Turkey, the United Kingdom, and Brazil, where their title tried translated to the War of the Pintos.
Speaker 4: What are they the Pinto Family?
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 6: I'm married with Children translated to the War of the Pintos. I don't Know in Brazil and now approaching its fortieth anniversary, the cast has been reuniting last year for a sold out show at the Wiltern and just last month at the Orpheum as part of the Netflix Is.
Speaker 5: A Joke Festival.
Speaker 6: All this and he somehow found himself as a West Coast hip hop pioneer, bringing rap music and NWA to the Sunset Strip.
Speaker 5: This week on Podme's World.
Speaker 6: From a show that critics called zestily lowbrow, sex obsessed, utter trash, and the crudest comedy on primetime television, It's Bud Bundy aka Grandmaster b David Faustino.
Speaker 2: Hey, guys, how are you never get an outdoor interview? This is awesome to enjoy my backyard. I love it out here and it's shady, so that's nice. I just moved and like one of the prerequisites is I had to have a backyard.
Speaker 5: Which, yeah, some backyard space.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. Yeah, I love it. So tell me because I just sat down, like I didn't look at what's what? Tell me a little bit about the show, just if you can.
Speaker 5: About our podcast.
Speaker 6: Yeah, sure, So we are a boy meets World rewatch podcast.
Speaker 5: We do two episodes a week.
Speaker 6: The first the first episode a week is us going through scene by scene of an episode in chronological order, starting with episode one, we've made it all the way through season seven.
Speaker 2: Oh wow.
Speaker 5: And then our.
Speaker 6: Second episode of the week is an interview episode, and we have interviewed all the writers and producers and props and hair and makeup and guest cast and background actors, anyone we've been able to pull who was directly connected to Boy Meets World. And then also we expand on that to anyone who was a child actor, anyone who was on a show around the same time we were people.
Speaker 2: Going through every crew member and.
Speaker 1: Here you are.
Speaker 2: That's so while because I'm doing something very similar. It's it's it's it's uh so it's interesting to talk about that because I I didn't I really didn't know you guys were doing. That's so cool because I'm doing one where I have the audience in on the show. We'll have like you know, it's it's it's like a mod cast we call like a member's only podcast, and so you become a member and then you know, you get to come to the Zoom parties. I we just started ours like uh two months ago, so we do it bi weekly.
Speaker 4: Who are you doing it with?
Speaker 2: So it's myself and my my partners who like you know, help me create the platform and everything, and my co host a guy named Darren Blat, But I have like so like the first week we had Amanda Burs, who played the neighbor on Mary with Children, and then we had we had the the No Mam Guys, which was like Al was like, you know, a group of guys that he hung out with, and then we had Ed O'Neill.
Speaker 4: Sure next week, So I'm sorry, but Amanda was your first differ jumping right in, Amanda was your first guest. Wasn't Amanda one of the few people that there was a quote unquote problem with? Isn't you were You were famously now with me, But weren't you one of the people, not only one of two people not invited to her wedding?
Speaker 2: Yes, but I also was like I was also really young and really immature, and like, you know, I can see why she might not have wanted to invite me.
Speaker 4: But that's I'm just saying, that's really cool that you guys have reconnected and that she came on.
Speaker 1: Your show and everything.
Speaker 2: That's awesome, totally fine. I mean Ed and her have a little bit more of a beef than I than we do. But like even when Ed was on. We told him, I told I didn't tell him Amanda had been on yet, perfectly because I thought, okay, I got him to do the show, and I don't want to do anything to screw that up. So I told him while we were doing it, and he's like, oh yeah, I mean he didn't. He talked very nicely of her. But there's that great clip. I don't know. I'm guessing you've seen it because you're talking about it, where he's he's being interviewed by like TV Academy or something like that, where he goes into he goes at length into this whole ordeal that the two of them have and it gets funnier and funnier.
Speaker 4: I actually, no, I haven't one I saw. I just saw a clip of you talking about the wedding.
Speaker 2: Oh you must. You must find it and watch it.
Speaker 5: We will look that up.
Speaker 1: That's great.
Speaker 2: So that's why, that's why this is actually the the the name of the show I do. It's called The Bundy Club. So so cool.
Speaker 5: So do you watch the episode with the fans?
Speaker 2: So we what we do is we take an episode, so we don't go in chronological order like you guys. It just depends on like what guests we have, and we let the guests pick the episode or episodes in this case, like tomorrow, I have David Garrison, who played the first Marcy's husband and and and so he's on and that's really cool. It's really cool. Like fans were going crazy about him, like they went crazy for Ed, but it's almost like they're more like, oh my god, like Steve no and so he got So he's We picked a few episodes as three episodes that we're doing tomorrow night, and so the fans watch it, right, the homework is to watch it and then we all come together and we break the episode down in that that's awesome.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well, before we jump into talking about the Netflix event, I did want to say, you might be the person who started acting the youngest to ever appear on our show.
Speaker 2: How did three months old? I would hope?
Speaker 6: So I was did you find yourself sharing a credit with Lily Tomlin before you even had your first tooth?
Speaker 2: You know? Well, the funny thing about that is is I actually played her daughter. So I always say that's how small my penis was. From the they hired me as as a as a daughter. But yeah, she so she's like the setup of that. Okay, I'll go back a little bit. My dad was a costumer, uh for you know, his whole career. He was that's what he did. And uh and my older brother, who's eleven years older than me, like, was this beautiful child. I don't know where he came from, but he was just like, you know, really just and uh, this guy was producing a commercial, was like, oh my god, this kid, I gotta So that's kind of how it started. And so we all at one time or another, there's four of us were you know, actors. We're all still in the business. And one of my brother now that that brother, he's like, you know, he's like the audio main mixer for like, you know, the Voice and American Idol. He's got two Emmys. And I always say, somebody in the family had to get an Emmy, right, I say, can you let me borrow one of them? You know? And then and then I just kind of fell in line, and uh, you know, and uh in that in that episode or that show, I guess it was the Lily Tomlin special. She was she's like a clown at the circus, I guess. And she's rushed to the hospital to have a baby, and her baby's a clown, and I'm that clown. And here I am still a clown.
Speaker 5: Very far now an adult clown.
Speaker 4: Though an adult clown three months old. It's gonna be tough to beat that one.
Speaker 2: I think. I think it's it goes down in the records.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, unless some unless somebody's ultrasound is actually used in the show. I think you're gonna, you're gonna, you're gonna take that title.
Speaker 2: Sit on that person.
Speaker 6: Well, after that role, you waited until you had really matured. You waited until about six years old to pursue acting full time.
Speaker 2: Was is that right? It could be?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Were you were your parents still on board? Were your siblings still in it too?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 5: Was everybody just gung ho about it from the get go?
Speaker 2: Yeah? We all really, like we enjoyed it, you know, and it was it was it was always fun to us, and like, you know, we'd get to travel the world because of it, Like my mom and I were extremely close, Like we we went all over the Middle East, Europe, Hawaii, like, you know, we got to travel and and it was it was a lot of fun. And uh, we you know, we really enjoyed it. And you know, it's funny you say that because I, as I was saying about the watch, you know, rewatching the episodes that we watched with the fans, I was watching one because David Garrison picked one of the ones, and it's called Buck Staves of the Day. We go like, uh, we go camping, and one of the kids that we take camping is my little brother who's six years younger than me, and he's in. He's in a few episodes. Actually, they brought him in like to four or five episodes, and that was one of the ones he did when he was super young. So we're all, you know, but he works in audio with my other brother. They may have made the right choice there. No, I don't know.
Speaker 4: Is it four boys or do you have a sister too?
Speaker 2: One sister and three boys? Gotcha girl? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Well, so it's so interesting because like we all like by the time our show was up and running, there was sense of like normal life that like acting had sort of pulled us away from. But it sounds like for you you were just always in the business, like your family, so there was no like alternative.
Speaker 1: There was no like normal life, was there.
Speaker 2: Yeah? No, that was really it. I mean, you know, I'd go back to school. I went to this little Catholic school in Burbank called Saint finbarr On all of there, and you know, I would always it always. It always struck me how many kids were not actors. Like to me, it's like you just said, it's like it was so normal, that was our lives and like, you know, everybody, we sort of knew it would would. And then you go back to my school and like I was like the only kid that was an actor in that whole you know, school, and so consequently, you know, I was never like great at sports. I was never the cool kid. I was never, but I I got along with everybody, like I was that guy who melded all the people. Yeah, you know, part of it was that, you know, I'd come back and they'd see me in this commercial or that show or you know, and and uh so bye bye by kind of by that way, I was popular with the kids. But what was interesting is when I really hit it big with married with children, and I tried to like, you know, they say that, you know, fame doesn't change you, it changes the people around you. And maybe some of that's true. Maybe some of it's not. But it was very strange when I after success really hit and I tried to hang out with some of these guys. They I could tell there was like this weird like they were waiting for me to be a jerk. You know. I tried my hardest to sort of you know, hang out with them again, and it never. Some of those guys just they weren't able to to. I don't know, yeah, guys, it was very strength. So so I dropped them all, and now I have new friends.
Speaker 4: You got good friends. Was there ever a time between you know, six and married with children when you were like, I don't think this for me. Maybe I'm just going to be a regular person. I don't want to be an actor. No.
Speaker 2: The only times I would ever maybe have those thoughts is when I would, you know, as you guys know well, is when I would get really close on an audition and I would call back, call back, call back, and then you know, you're between it's between you and three guys, and I'd lose it. I would take that really hard, and I would like cry in my bed and be in a position and and and and and then I went, my you do I want to do this. But I always just got back out there and just kept swinging, you know, for for every every every strike you get, for every for every thirty strikes you maybe hit one out of the park. Yeah, definitely, That's just the way it goes. You know.
Speaker 6: Well, that early run of shows you appeared on is pretty historic little house on the Prairie Highway to heaven saying elsewhere. But I know Will is going to want to hear everything about Family Ties.
Speaker 4: Michael J. Fox and Family Time. It's like one of the reasons I became an actor.
Speaker 2: That show was fun because I was a fan too. That That's the cool thing is I was already a fan of that show is one of those shows I would watch and so getting to get on getting to be on that was like, I was like, holy, you know, like you said, Michael J. Fox and Justine and this is a this is a weird story that they may not want me to tell, but oh well, I remember because I was nine when I did that, and I remember, you know, I was a fan. And I don't know how long this last. I had this scene where I would I'd enter the house with the two of them and I remember, We're like you know, you're at the front door and you're out off the set and you're off camera. I remember, I just I just remember them like making out furiously like you know, and then and then it was like q enter like again. I don't know how long that lasted with them. It was probably just a little fling or whatever. Justine and and Michael. Yeah, wow cool. It was just like, what's going on here? I thought you guys were brother and sister when I see how it goes here. That's so.
Speaker 6: Was your dream always to get on a weekly sitcom?
Speaker 1: Was that?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 5: For Will? That was just always the goal?
Speaker 2: Yes, okay, I mean that's what you know, because you know, you can see the kids who have these series right in our world.
Speaker 4: It was like there are series like how do you do that?
Speaker 2: Amine? You're fine? And and so I really wanted that bad and I you know, I did several pilots and I did the show that went for five episodes that no one saw, you know, I did the gamut and then uh, you know, Mary with Children had and it was already so they had hired two other kids to play Budd and Kelly and shot the pilot and everything. So when we when we did land it Christina and I it was already sold. So it was like, you know, it was it was crazy. And now those are the days of like answering machines. And I remember going to Network and you know they you know how they do, They pair people up, and they paired Christina and I up and and then so by the time we drove from Fox, you know, my mom was driving me obviously from Fox to back to our house in Burbank. We got home, There's one message and it was blinking and I was like, Emma was my agent saying that I had had booked.
Speaker 6: Yeah, gosh, those are the good old days when you could come home and see a message and not know what it is and be excited. Now it's like the second you wouldn't have even made it to your car before you would have known the answer.
Speaker 2: You know, that's how it goes, right, Yeah, everyone in a different direction. That's my favorite.
Speaker 5: I love that one. So then they just reshot only the Bud and Kelly scenes after they cast you guys. Was that weird?
Speaker 2: No, it was pretty pretty easy. And normally, I mean that set was you know, and and I think ed and Katie and Christina all, you know, attest to this. It's like they all say, there's never been a there was never a job before or never been a job after. That was quite like you know, thes Ron and Michael, they were just these like hilarious anything goes guys. They were just the greatest guys guys, and just it was just a fun and besides the little beef with Ed and Amanda, like there was no I don't know, it was just anything goes. It was very fun and open and we didn't over rehearse anything, and it just it was just a wonderful set to be on. It really was.
Speaker 3: And how did you guys feel about Fox at the time, because Fox was still kind of new, unproven, right, you guys were part of the reason that it became what it became. But did it feel like you were on like a sort of rebel.
Speaker 2: Well, no, it felt like because you know, again, we all talked about how we all wanted to be on series as actors, right, right, And that was the sort of caveat. Is that the right word. I'm not sure it was like that. It was like the oh, but it's but it's beyond it, but no one will see it. And that was the truth. For three years. And I always tell this story and you probably heard me tell it before, but I you know, I I had worked constantly, but never was no one ever went, hey, that's the guy. And you know, we all want that fame. It's in us that we all kind of want recognition for what we do. And like season two, or maybe it's end of season one. I remember I went to the mall and I had this married with Children T shirt and you know, like the first two seasons, no one watched the show. They went back and watched it later, and I remember wearing this T shirt to the mall with my friends and not a single person was like, oh, I want no one And I remember going, fucking, it's never gonna happen with this. And then you know, the third season it caught fire and then it was like then I went through that phase where I was like a teenager, an awkward teenager in this crazy amount of fame, and I did for about three or four years. I hated being recognized unless it was on my terms, when I wanted it, where I wanted it. But for the most part, I just was like I was pretty miserable until I learned to embrace it. Like eighteen, you know, I was just like I yeah, and you know, people will try to come give me love, and I was super guarded, like you know, how dare you like what? It was just so weird, It was so weird, and then I, like I said, I learned to embrace it. And then from then on it was just it was fun, you know. Yeah? Yeah?
Speaker 6: Were you a precocious teenager and were you always wise beyond your years? Because obviously Bud took a certain type of child actor, like not just anybody could play that part.
Speaker 5: Did that did it fit you as a person somewhat?
Speaker 2: Yeah? And I heard this story not until I watched Michael moy because I was I had him. I had him on a podcast I was doing years ago, Michael Moore, one of the creators, one of the two creators, and I watched some you know videos, and I watched him in an interview. Go what did he say? He said? Uh, he said he had you know, he had this this sweet personality and smile, but with the devil in his eyes. And I was like, okay, I'll take that. Yeah, so I guess on some level, yeah, and we you know, they write for us. Right after a while, they write for all of us and like our strengths and and so you know, you kind of meld yourself with what they're writing, and then they start to write for you, and so yeah, absolutely, you know, it's definitely a part of who I am.
Speaker 6: Tell us a little bit about the family dynamic, because so much of the magic of married with children was the core for.
Speaker 5: And how you all meshed.
Speaker 6: What do you remember about those early days and getting to know Ed and Christina and Katie.
Speaker 2: I mean, it was so great because again we were on this fledgling, fledging, fledgling network that no one knew, and you know, the writers would make fun of it on the show all the time. Like a couple of times they'd be like, you know, he'd say we were watching TV, and he'd say, like, assume Fox, you know, assume Fox network position we'd have like you know, like antennas and like metal, you know, right, So they would poke fun of that a lot, and they do it all the time with like what the announcer would say on the television that we were supposed to be watching, And so they poked a lot of fun. But we would go to these you know, the first two seasons they would have us go to these like mall openings, and we'd be sitting there at these tables and nobody knew who we were. We'd get like these random few people who were like rabid watchers, but other than that, no one. So we kind of went through it together, and none of us were really famous yet at all, so it was like we were all in it together. And was speaking of David Garrison, like, who played the neighbor. He was a very That guy's a great actor. He's a brilliant actor. Came from stage, went back to stage and has been in New York doing stage ever since to this day. And I learned a lot from Ed and him. You know, I would always ask them for like, you know, it's this, and David would help and give me, you know, adjustments, and then I just started, you know, copying ed a lot in his mannerisms and what he did because he was always just hilarious to me, and that really worked. And so we were all in it together. And you know, Christina and I we're in the same school room together. We were at the Sunset Gower Lot where'd you guys shoot Boy Meets.
Speaker 6: World, Disney KTLA and CBS Radford, got.
Speaker 2: It, got it. So you know, you know where we're on Sunset Gower, it's this like a little lot, but that did everything. Buildings were falling apart, like it was just so like and yet Who's the Boss was there and all of these big shows and I was already Who's the Boss fan, and you know, as most of us, you know, had this horrific crush on on Alyssa. Yeah, and and I remember because it was like our school room and then like two doors down was Alyssa and Danny, you know, Pentato and uh and I remember just you know, they they talk about being tongue tied, and I literally, I like I learned what that that the definition of tongue tiede meant when I like would try to talk to her because I was literally I was like my birds wouldn't come out, you know, And I had this painful crush. But yeah, it was, it was. It was a great experience. You know, I'm still we're still all extremely close to this day, like super close, you know, like I see Katie constantly all the time, and her and her husband Kurt and I are very close and and ed and I mean we were all just extremely close, we're on the same text threat and we're we're always talking, and.
Speaker 4: So yeah, you talk about oh right, I was just gonna say, you talk about how good all the actors are. I started at the Hartford Stage in Connecticut, which is a great stage, in nineteen eighty six. I was ten and two years before. The first play I ever saw there was of Mice and Men where he's playing Lenny, and he was so good. It was like at eight, I was going, oh my god, this guy's amazing.
Speaker 2: Do you know the story behind that? And no, oh, that's funny you bring that up, because it wasn't until a couple of years ago I learned this. You know, they couldn't cast out. They had the whole family besides Christina and I had the kids, they had the neighbors, they had Peggy, but they couldn't find their Aul and they were searching everywhere, and they you know, all the funny guys that went out to like, you know, they thought Sam Kinnison there was who was the other actor you know, uh, Randy Quaid and all these guys that they just they just didn't you know, And and and Barry Diller at Fox really wanted somebody famous to carry this thing so much so it was sold for twelve more episodes. And Ron and Michael like didn't want anybody that that that Fox wanted. And Mark Hirschfeld, you know the casting director, Mark Hirschfelder, brilliant casting director, just the brilliant casting director. And he went to that play, uh and saw off mice and men and it was there that he went, this is our guy. And they tested him, and you know, Barry Diller, they they didn't want him, like at all, and they they they lost six of the episodes based on their decision to cast ed, and to their credit, they still went forward with six episodes and they they they did it, and you know the rest is history. Yeah. Well, it's also wild that you saw that play.
Speaker 4: Yes, that was I was say eight years old and I was on that same stage two years later in the Dolls House. But I mean at eight, I was like, who is this guy? I mean it was really incredible.
Speaker 2: Where is that? So? How big is that theater? Not big?
Speaker 4: It's probably thirty nine, yeah, ninety nine to maybe one hundred and fifty.
Speaker 2: Oh wow.
Speaker 4: But it's like you would you would look at the pictures of everyone that was up there, so when I did a Dolls House, it was David Stratharn and Mary McDonald and Jerry Bammon and Mark Lamos was the artistic director. I mean, it was a bunch of pretty outstanding. Yeah, a bunch of hats exactly. But the other thing a lot of people forget about Married with Children is that everyone credits Roseanne with kind of starting the blue collar family sitcom. Married with Children was a year earlier.
Speaker 2: We were first, right, Yeah, so it's one of these got noticed first, exactly.
Speaker 4: But that's the thing is when you go back and you look at that actual blue collar sitcom family, the bundies were for man, absolutely crazy.
Speaker 6: The working title of Married with Children was not the Cosby's which has a different definition now. But I wanted this show, obviously to push the envelope beyond anything the big three networks would allow.
Speaker 5: What did your parents think of the material?
Speaker 2: Well, that's funny, id you know everywhere I go, when I go to conventions or on the street, people will go like, you know, I'm serious, Like seven out of ten people were like, I had to sneak away and I couldn't watch it, and I got in trouble and was like and then you have the other the other few people are like, you know, we loved it. We watched it together as a family. I came from I told you I went to Saint Finbar. You know, I came from this kind of My mom wasn't, but my dad was this old school Italian Catholic, like you know, just you know, a little a little kind of crazy in that. And so they were always very supportive of of what I did and wanted me to work. And you know, they didn't spend my money and they were great in that aspect. But you know, watching the show around them after it was uncomfortable sometimes, you know, with some of the things because you know, you rewatch it and it's like Alan Peggy are making these like weird sex jokes while the kids are in the room. You know, it's just, yeah, it's bizarre. So that he got a little uncomfortable, but you know it was. It was a great job.
Speaker 4: And yeah, so yeah, well Kelly too. I mean the Kelly character to have a fat, quote unquote fast teenage girl. At the time, all this was like groundbreaking television.
Speaker 2: It was just so different, it really was. And like I said, rewatching these episodes, it's just like, my god, you know it was it was pretty you know, a lot of that you couldn't So in some aspects you could get away with more today, but in a lot you couldn't get away with a lot of the stuff we did. Yeah, man, but you were talking about Roseanne. It's funny because Ron Levitt, you know, one of the funniest people I've ever met to this day, he would say, like, you know, when he watched Roseanne at the end, they'd sort of like go up and they'd like, you know, they want to make love and they'd go, you know, have sex, and he'd always go, yeah, right.
Speaker 6: When did you know that the show was a hit, because even though the numbers were modest compared to established networks, you had a very engaged, young, passionate audience, and its position in pop culture was massive.
Speaker 5: Do you remember the moment you were like, oh, this is a hit.
Speaker 2: Well, two things come to mind. One was, you know, the woman in Detroit or not Detroit, Michigan named Terry Rocolta, who is you know, the the wife of some billionaire out there, very powerful and you talk about like, you know, the sort of humor of the show. She came into the room and watched her kids like cracking up at this this show, and so she sat down to see just what they were cracking up at and she was appalled. And just you know, she was very successful in pulling. She got Coca Cola, McDonald's and some other giant answers to pull with that. I mean, everybody made the press and it was all over and everybody's like, what are we not supposed to be watching? Ye, And that's when it become became sort of an overnight success. But for me, I was always in the you know, I got into hip hop music really young, like twelve years old, and you know, Marriywoo children was huge in the in the hood as we say, and in the hip hop community. And I started noticing it then because I would go to these hip hop shows and they like pulled me up on stage and want to put me in their videos and so it was very cool. That's what I really, you know, started noticing because like the hip hop community like just embraced it like it was you know, like it was their family. And ye, that was very cool for me.
Speaker 6: So during that time when politicians, wives and noprah are called the show filth, what is your reaction as a kid, Are you feeling scared like this isn't good for us, or do you pretty quickly realize like, oh, our ratings are going up, this is only good news for us.
Speaker 2: I think it was pretty much just good news. As a matter of fact, the producer sent that woman, Terry Ricolta, a thank you basket, like after the ratings skyrocketed. Yeah, they literally did.
Speaker 5: Yeah, thank you.
Speaker 1: That's awesome.
Speaker 2: That's pretty great. And Hustler magazine gave her up the month. So I mean, you know, what more can you ask for?
Speaker 4: Thought, I actually I thought that was a totally different thing on Hustler.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, I mean that's sort of the joke I think, right.
Speaker 5: Did you like how close an age are you to Christina?
Speaker 6: Did going through this experience bond you two in a way that's different maybe than with Ed and Katie just because you were closer in age?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean so we're only like two and a half years apart, and yeah, I mean we were super close because again, we were in the same schoolroom for years, and we would travel together, and you know it, we're kind of like brother and sister in a way where you like, you know, at some point, you're like quiet already, like yeah, enough stories about whoever, Like you know, you're the little little brother, and I'm sure my stories annoyed her, and but we were always we've become actually there was a time like you know, the show ended and kind of all in our separate ways, but we've actually become closer in a different way over the last like five ten years. Yeah. Yeah, we become you know, very very close, like as you know, friends and supporting each other and in different ways.
Speaker 6: I know he appeared on married with children, but you also became friends with Sam Kinnison, who was on top of the world at the time. What was he like both to work with and as a human?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, Sam was one of the greatest guys, like ever he you know, we spent so it was a two parter episode, so we spent two weeks with him. But him and I I don't know why, it was this weird thing. We became extremely close. Like I would like hang out at his house. He would take me to all the shows. I would introduce him at at at concerts, and he took a liking to me. And you know, at that time, I was pretty innocent, right, I wasn't like I'm I think I might have like smoked weed and maybe drank a little alcohol, but I wasn't doing any like drugs or anything. And he you know, you'd go to Sam's house and there'd be like, you know, there'd be like one hundred dollars bill over a mountain of cocaine this corner and that corner and this corner, and he'd always you know, have quailudes and all this stuff. And I never partook. You know, I went through my own thing later on, but I never I think, and I could be wrong, but I think there was like something about my innocence that he likes to have around. That's what I when I look back. But he was so cool. I remember I was at his house on my dad's birthday once on December tenth, and my dad was a huge Sam Kinnison fan, and I said, you's cool if we, you know, call my my dad. He's like, oh, yeah, you want a few screams, and you know he's like happy, and uh that's always. It was cool. He was a great, great big heart. You know, obviously he was a horrific addict, and you know he missed a few days uh at work and the Bruisers were not happy about that at all. You know, they weren't. They were pros and they didn't want that happening. And you know, he would miss a day and not realize that he didn't show up, and but then he would like he would try to he would try to make that right by like catering lunch from Chasin's and having Belly dancers come and you know, but I loved the guy, but you know, I know that, but the the final outcome, you know, he played the it was like a it was like it's a play on It's a Wonderful Life. It was called It's a Bundiful Life and you know how the angel comes comes back and show how everybody's life would be without you know, James Stewart character, and in this everybody's life was magical. You know, Elly was like him. Oh it was great. It was great. And uh, I remember there's you know, it was the first show Ted McGinley, who wasn't in the show yet, he just was a guest actor in this episode. And uh and in this episode he played the dad that i'll you know, the real dab of us. And I remember there's a scene in his last name was Jablonski, and so he's like, after we're like I love you, I love you, I love you more, he's like, let's get a wo Jablonski and we just this wo Jablonski and they turned to Edd and he's like, oh, Jablonski and it was just this funny, funny bit. But that's where we discovered Ted. And then he came back, you know, not too long after to play Marcy's new husband and who I love.
Speaker 4: I did a show with Ted and he's like the nicest guy in the.
Speaker 2: Planet, the greatest guy. He's so great. Yeah, and you know, he was a little pissed at me from minute because we did that first reunion, which I produced with my partner Ben, and he you know, it was it was it was the Bundyes, right, and you know Ed and Amanda had this thing going, and I knew he wasn't gonna do it with her, and I was like, not going to happen, and so I just kind of we made it the Bundies and I know, and so I heard that he was a little like, you know, myffed about that, and I wasn't sure if that was true. And I heard it from her and anyway, I way ended up talking and he's like, yeah, I was a little pissed about that, and so I said, you know, when we do this again, you know, it'll it'll you know, you'll be on the stage, regardless of if it looks weird or not that a man's not there. You got to be a part of it. So before you go on and for that, I will tell you that we had to postpone the last uh uh reunion due to Christina something that Christina is going through and but she's getting much better and it's just a postponement and it will be coming. I think like late fall is what we're looking at. But yeah, we had to postpone the Netflix one unfortunately her health. Yeah, okay.
Speaker 4: She By the way, you talked about Alisa Milano, who clearly for people of our age, you and I are very similar in age, so it was who's the boss? And and then you had Commando with Arnold Wrozenegger.
Speaker 2: I was just like, she was.
Speaker 4: The best, but then Christina kind of took over for a lot of us, where she became that kind of the next girl that everybody had a crush on. And I'm curious was because again we always say that we were blessed is the wrong word, but it was. It was a lot more beneficial for us as people and as actors that we got to go through all this without social media. So were you able to kind of see though, how Christina was becoming kind of like that a teen icon to boys across the country.
Speaker 2: Yes, but it was so weird, like I say, because it just so wasn't like that for me. You know, when we see people close up every day, we get to see their you know, quote unquote warts and pimples as they say, and it's like Christina had a lot of words. I'm kidding, No, No, I just never. It was just never. So it was kind of like I would just hear it from them, but I didn't really understand the gravity of what people were, you know. But I remember a few times being in New York and walking through the streets and some people saying some very colorful things about her, and which I won't to repeat, but a couple of them are hilarious. Yeah. Yeah, I mean, she definitely became the girl right And looking back when I look at these episodes, like, god, she's gorgeous.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's stunning, but also like kind of a bat, which was the thing that was she was just that none of none of you were the mold of the sitcom family, none of you. And that's the thing that was so great about the Bundies, as you know, even Neighbors, there was not a single It's like they took every single sitcom paradigm and when we're going to do the opposite of this, yeah, and it's either going to work or it's not going to work, and it just it worked like Gangbusters. But it was one of those things where you couldn't have turned it on its head anymore. I mean, even in the later seasons where every the Brady bunch brought on Oliver, everybody tries to bring on a new little kid to make it young again, and and you guys brought on seven. It was just and they named him that because he was the seventh kid in the family and nobody wanted him, so they just gave him to the butt.
Speaker 2: It was just he was just seven.
Speaker 4: And so even that, like using the typical sitcom things and just going we're gonna do this so differently than anybody else has ever done it. It could have fit.
Speaker 2: Yes, how they ended the seven run. No, what what did they do with seven? I don't remember. Well, just the kid is so sweet, but you know, he just wasn't an actor. I mean, I don't. He just that wasn't his thing, and he didn't. It never took and the audience hated it, so they just stopped doing it. And then at one point we're like at the we're at the kitchen table and there's a milk cart and it zooms in. Have you seen me? It's great? Yeah, it was brilliant.
Speaker 6: Yeah, awesome, Like your own interests as a kid started to bleed over to Bud. So writer was into poetry and counting crows, and so then was his character Sean, you were a huge hip hop fan, and then so was Bud and in turn Grandmaster b. Yes, how did that come together? And were you at all weirded out by it the way writer was?
Speaker 5: Or did you love it?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: You were weirded out by it? Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, well yeah, because it was it was, Yeah, it was.
Speaker 3: It's a long complicated story, but yeah, no, it was definitely like parts of my life being taken without consulting, without me being consulted.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I get it, I get it. I feel that for me again, it was a nod to sort of what I loved, you know. Uh, the Grandmaster Beat character came. You know, this was early when hip hop was not mainstream. It just wasn't. It wasn't a mainstream people. A lot of people hate it and I embraced it early on. And so I'd have these guys come into the set, you know, I'd have like Ice Cube and Iced Tea and Easy E all these guys.
Speaker 4: You had nw A coming and visiting you on the set.
Speaker 2: Yes, I did. I did. Easy was the greatest. You know, he was a big marry with children fan and all these guys were And Drey never came to the set, but he did come to my club that I used to run. They did they impromptu. It's there was the greatest night of the club. And it just became impromptu. It wasn't planned anything, but Drey was there, Easy was there and Wren. It wasn't when Cube had already left at this point, but the three of them were there and they did this impromptu performance and it was just like God, it was the greatest thing ever. But they would see these guys coming, they be like, yo, what's Fustina what's happening here, you know what? And so they that's how the Grand Master b character started. I don't think they really consulted me. It just kind of happened. But I remember when they wanted to do my bedroom for the first time. They were like, you know what, how do you And I was like, and NAS's Illmatic uh album? It hadn't dropped. It was just dropping. And I knew about it, you know, a year or two in advance, just by being in that scene and the Source magazine and those guys, and so I was like, I want the Illmatic poster and they're like the who what? I was like, you just throw it up there. And then you know, when people saw that, they were just like, oh, you know. And even Nas, when I run into him, it's like crazy love and he has this quote in the La Times. He was like, you know, when we saw our poster up on Bud Bundy's wall, we knew we were about to flow.
Speaker 4: That's really cool man.
Speaker 2: So I still use the Moniker as my DJ name.
Speaker 5: Yep Graham.
Speaker 2: I do because people were like, you know, what is your DJ am gonna be? And and for so long I was like, no, that would be corny and people are like, you got to use it. It's just like, you know, you have it, just go with it.
Speaker 6: I was like, all, yes, we had Brian Austin Green on the podcast a little while back and we got into Ballistics, which is the underage club you ran on Sunset Boulevard here in Los Angeles. It was a real hangout for young Hollywood at the time. You mentioned that story about the impromptu hang and performance. Uh, would you say that's your favorite Ballistics story.
Speaker 5: I'm sure you have many, but.
Speaker 2: One of them one of them. First of all, I love Brian, you know, Brian one of the sweetest guys, and you know, we still remain not close, but we're always a text away, you know. And I love Brian. But I think the Knights, you know, that one stands out obviously about n w A. But well, what I loved about the club was, you know Will I Am, who was Will one X at the time. He uh, you know, people don't realize because he sort of went a pop version. But in my in my opinion, his pop is like great, you know, it's like, yep, he did. He's a he's a he's a magical guy. And but he was a battle rapper, and like a lot of people don't know that about Will. He was vicious and ruthless and he would he kept this uh the freestyle battle like he was the champion for like six months in a row. No one could beat him because he would just take people apart, kind of like eight mile from head to toe. And I remember the only time he lost. They brought in this kid, this young, like eight ten year old kid that was you know that they were kind of trying to build up. And I remember they wrote his wraps beforehand and like figured out a way to his own manager, what polo was behind this kid, and so they wrote these rhymes and they had this kid come and because he was so young, because the rhymes were so you know great, he actually won that night. Well Will came back the next week and didn't care this this kid was ten years old. He just destroyed this poor little kid and probably sent him home crying. And then he took the championship back. But he was just so he was so great. I knew he was going to be a star from like one of the few first few times I met him. I was like, this kid is going to be a star, Like no doubt in my mind. And they all met there by the way. None of them knew each other. They literally all met at ballistics.
Speaker 5: Wow, are you still listening to hip hop? Do you have any modern day favorites?
Speaker 2: Oh, it's funny, I was, I do. I have a lot of them, you know, I mean I love hip hop. I mean I have a lot of stuff I hate, you know, I I I sort of hate the direction hip hop went in in you know, the you know, I said he glorified drugs. It just it just become very I don't know. That's and it's one of the reasons people hate hip hop because they'll turn on you know, these like popular hip hop stations, and between every great song is like four horrible ones that are kind of unlistenable. And so I hate that. But there's still some really great stuff that's, you know, still out there, Like I like this Griselda movement.
Speaker 5: I love Griselda.
Speaker 2: I love Griselda. Benny the Butcher. I was just on a zoom call with a guy named Afro who don't get him confused with Afroman. He's not. He's a different guy. He's this dope underground like artist. He's only twenty eight he's battled, you know. He's a freestyle battler and so great and such a humble, cool guy. As a matter of fact, we just were on a Zoom meeting at twelve o'clock today and we're gonna we're gonna try and put together a little EP just for fun. So I love him, and and there's a lot of you know people I'm listening to that I like because I have to stay up on some of the new stuff just because of what I do for my hobby and my sort of second hustle, so I have to weed through a lot of crap. Though.
Speaker 5: Yeah, do you know Toby Wigway at all?
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 6: Oh my gosh, you have to check him out. I'll send you a link. His wife also is a rapper. They're phenomenal separately and together and very very very good.
Speaker 5: You'll have to check them out.
Speaker 2: Where are they're from?
Speaker 5: Atlanta?
Speaker 2: Okay? Yeah, love to hear it. Please do.
Speaker 5: I will send it to you. Okay.
Speaker 6: I want to talk about these reunions a little bit. Where did the idea for the first one at the Wiltern come from?
Speaker 2: So it all quickly, It all birthed from a friend of mine, Ben Brocata, who's one of these sort of you know, he's an agent that does conventions and things like that. And we just started out as a as a you know, client agent relationship, but then we became friends and he always said, you know, we should get we should do this, we should do like a convention where we all do a signing together. And I was like, that's never going to happen, dude, Like Ed is never going to do that. Like I'd have people call me, these agents that would find me, and they'd be like, hey, listen, you know I want Ed to come out for one day in Florida for four hours. We'll pay him one hundred grand. So I'd be like, okay, sure, I'll call him. And i'd call him and I knew the answer, and he'd be like, yeah, nah, I don't want to do that, you know, like one hundred k. So he's never gonna do it. But what I did know about Ed, because I know Ed so well, is that he loves to tell stories. He's one of the greatest storytellers you can ever say. Well. He would keep us entertained for hours and hours and hours telling stories about Youngstown, Ohio and the gangsters. That he grew up around New York and like he would just you know, he was he's a great storyteller. So we kind of morphed into one of these ideas, well, what if we did, you know, like a thing where where he can be on stage and like he'd say, you know, I gotta have a barrier, and he doesn't mean He's like, yeah, he doesn't want to be too he doesn't want people like putting their arm around him. He's just not that kind of guy. So for a fraction of what he would make, you know, one of these conventions and signings, we approached them with this idea to go up on stage and tell stories, is how I sort of worded it. And I thought he'd be the hardest one to get on board. He's like, oh, well that sounds kind of fun. You know, let's let's see if Katie and and Christina. So it became once he was on board, which was like simple, then you know, it was easier to get Katie and Christina to do it. They were a little more difficult to get on board than Ed was. He was immediately like, let's do this. It sounds like fun, it sounds like and it was exactly what I knew it would be. He went on stage and you told a bunch of great stories that captivated the audience and and it was great, you know, and.
Speaker 5: That you raised money during that one for Race to Erase Ms.
Speaker 2: Right, yeah, I've I've been going to the Race to Erace Ms for thirty three years in.
Speaker 5: A row, oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: And you know, and it was before obviously Christina was diagnosed in and I've been a huge part of that when it was a race. Did you guys ever go to that?
Speaker 5: No, I don't you know what I may have. I may have in the past.
Speaker 6: I it's been a long time, but I do think there was a time as a teenager I went.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, it was the greatest event in the world. It started out as this ski race, that's what it was like fail and like all the greatest places, and then of course it was a logistical nightmare and so they yeah, finally became uh like a gala at the at the Century Plaza Hotel. But I so missed those days. But you know, I'm still big part of that. Nancy Davis is a close friend, you know, and it's it's always been dear to me, so that obviously when when Christina, when this went down, we were like, you know, what's the what's the perfect uh cause to raise a little bit of money for us? Not we raised the time, we raised some money for them, but.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and it obviously sold out, so uh, you couldn't have been too shocked by by that reaction considering all of you were involved.
Speaker 5: But what did that shocked?
Speaker 2: But I was like, I think they were because you know, Katie and I are the only two who do the conventions. Like Katie finally did one. She loved it and she realized, you know, she can make money, and so I think she knew. But I think Ed and Christina were you know, we we pulled, you know, they picked us up and we all went to the uh separately, but they picked us up in cars and we all pull up and the Wiltern was just it was like it was like you were going to like a I don't know, like a Beatles concert or something crazy like back then. It was like a buzz with lines of people with wearing the nomam shirts and dressed like Alan Peggy and it was just it was the the energy was insane and I don't think I mean, I was even blown away a little bit. But I don't think they were knew what was coming. You know. It was it was quite you know, and it sold out like in two days, right, which was which was also kind of wild, but it was a blast. I think they were all which is why they all were like, yeah, let's do another that. We were set up to do that, and then unfortunately we had we put that on hold for a little while. But you know, even any when he came on my show, I was like, you know, how's he going, you know? And he was so great. I said, you only have to stay for an hour. He stayed for the full two hours, and of course told stories to all the fans. And this one woman from Germany who actually posted on the site shameless plug it's Bundy clubbed but we have you know, these members posting area and she she did this three part post that goes on and on and on about how she, you know, on her own without her husband because her husband's like, what are you? Are you crazy? She came out here, had never been to Los Angeles and made the journey and was super nervous about it. And she tells the story. But she got to talk to Ed on this zoom call and she wrote this like speech that she wanted to tell him. She started tearing up through it, and Ed was super to. All of us were like, oh my god, this is extremely touching, you know, and it was great to have him on. You know, it was really cool that he did it. And he's very loyal and he's just a you know, he's a good dude.
Speaker 5: That's so great.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well, congratulations on the Bundy Club. Where can people listen? I know you mentioned the website Bundy club dot com. Where can people find your podcast?
Speaker 5: And it's a zoom oh.
Speaker 2: Yes, So you just go to Bundy club dot com. You sign up. There's like different levels of membership. You can go for free if you want, or you know, it goes up. But and then you know, you get to come on. I have Poulli's Shore coming on because he did it. He's a fan fave of One of his episodes is just so fun. He played you Al has to go work in like a fast food joint and Polly plays his boss and it's hilarious. People love this. So he's coming on, but I think that will anyway. Bundy club dot Com just sign up and then you can come to the zoom thing and you get to like you After we do the interview, people get to come on. We kind of I think there's like a thing where if you do a lot of posting and you were like first in line to ask questions and come in the zoom. It's like a system. But it's fun, a lot of fun. People love it and I love it. I have a lot of fun doing it.
Speaker 1: That's a great idea.
Speaker 4: It sounds it's almost like a virtual convention.
Speaker 2: It's really cool. It's a trick. It's a trip, it really is. Yeah.
Speaker 6: Well, that's great and we look forward to hearing more about the upcoming Netflix reunion special hopefully later this year. We will keep an eye out for that. Well, thank you so much for joining us today. It's so wonderful to talk to you.
Speaker 2: That was a lot of fun. Yeah, thank you guys. It's good to see you. Glad you guys are all together. It's kind of rare, right that we all, like a lot of us stick together. That's kind of cool.
Speaker 5: I know, it's great.
Speaker 6: Congratulations on the new house too. I love the dogs in their little coyote vests. They're they're spiky vests.
Speaker 2: Oh you can see. Yeah. Yeah, yeah, that's awesome. I'm gonna go do some laundry in my new laundry.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Fun.
Speaker 4: As long as they're drainage, you're fine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thank you.
Speaker 6: That's so cool that they're all that close and of just like a group chat.
Speaker 5: It's really great.
Speaker 4: They also, I mean they between them and the Simpsons, they made a network, literally built a network. It was we come on ABC or people going on CBS. I mean, it's something that's got the heritage of sometimes one hundred years, eighty years. They built the network.
Speaker 6: They were the first ever sitcom on Fox and only the second show ever was that crazy?
Speaker 4: Was Simpsons the first one.
Speaker 5: I think it has to be God, that's nuts.
Speaker 4: The second show ever on an entire network, which is which then now, if anybody thinks of networks, there's four, yeah, and there was three everyone now knows for yep, And they were the second show ever. That's nuts, Yeah, God crazy.
Speaker 6: Thank you all for joining us for this episode of Pod Meets World. As always, you can follow us on Instagram pod Meets World Show. You can send us your emails Pod Meets World Show at gmail dot com.
Speaker 5: And we've got merch.
Speaker 4: Merchan marriage merchan marriage. It's an institute.
Speaker 2: You can't stuck.
Speaker 5: I'll tell you.
Speaker 1: You can't have one.
Speaker 6: Pod Meets Worldshow dot com. We love you all, pod dismissed. Pod Meets World is an iHeart podcast produced and hosted by Danielle Fischel, Wilfridell and writer Strong Executive producers Jensen Carp and Amy Sugarman Executive in charge of production, Danielle Romo, producer and editor, Tara sudbachsch producer, Maddy Moore, engineer and Boy Meets World superfan Easton Allen. Our theme song is by Kyle Morton of Typhoon. Follow us on Instagram at Podmets World Show or email us at Podmets Worldshow at gmail dot com