Speaker 1: Welcome to Reasonably Shady, a production of the Black Effect Podcast Network and iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Welcome to another episode of Reasonably Shady. I am Jaselle Bryant.
Speaker 1: What's up? What's up? This is Robin Dixon. Thank you for being here.
Speaker 2: With us once again. Hell man, Hello that I like I have on pink, you have on green?
Speaker 1: Oh? This okay, I see where you're going with this.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna leave it there. We're just gonna leave it there. We're gonna move on. We're gonna move on this screen.
Speaker 1: This is like army green.
Speaker 2: It is, but it's green.
Speaker 1: It's not what do y'all call it? Apple green?
Speaker 2: My business see our apple green?
Speaker 1: Oh? Is that what you call it?
Speaker 2: Somebody's getting carried away. Somebody's getting carried It was funny. I was out of town and I in the resort that I was in the whole store was like pink and green because it was like very resorting. Summer, Yeah, summer literally pull uzer is yeah, but no, but like that's too much, right, So it was like basically pinking. I wouldn't. They went crazy. I brought the little freaking store out and I left, and I was telling this guy I was like I went and bought all a pinkering. He was like, you're part of that gang. I said, yes, a loud and proud member of a gang. Yes of the future president of the United States. Yes, gang to If you don't know, you don't know. But anyway, Hi Robin, Hi Jessee. I missed you last week.
Speaker 1: I know, well you were. You were vakaing, Yes, vak you have to tell us about your vaca will do okay right now, well after moment, okay, all right, I will definitely tell you.
Speaker 2: And what were you doing when I was vaking.
Speaker 1: While you were vaking?
Speaker 2: I saw you were working out? Oh?
Speaker 1: Yes, I work out with my kids.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So my kids have a they have a trainer they go to. It's like a sport He's like, you know, a sports specific trainer. And the cool thing is that he's like, well, while I'm working out the kids, I'll work out the parents for free. Yeay yay. So you know I pay for him to work my kids out. Yeah, I'm there and he's like putting me through a workout too.
Speaker 2: Love that, And it's really great.
Speaker 1: Because it's holding me accountable because I'm showing up that my kids work out with him. Three days a week, and I work out three days a week.
Speaker 2: I love that. Yes, yes, okay, all right, Robin is looking slim and trim these days.
Speaker 1: He's trying get my diet.
Speaker 2: Oh is that your shady moment? Your diet?
Speaker 1: No, that's like it's like my shady life.
Speaker 2: Yeah, true, all of us. Right.
Speaker 1: Sure, the diet part.
Speaker 2: Is I was aka. I was eating like I had No there was no reckless abandonment.
Speaker 1: But I'm sure it was like good food, that was right, Like it's fine when it's good food. Yeah, totally totally. So you deserve it, thank you.
Speaker 2: Yes, my butt doesn't deserve it. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, you know the people like thick'ams like true, all right, it's a thick butt, small waistline.
Speaker 2: Small waislee. Okay, do you want me to tell you my shady moment?
Speaker 1: I mean that's what we're here.
Speaker 2: For, right, that's what we hear. Okay, So I have so many But speaking of my vaka, I went to Maui, which is in Hawaii, beautiful Island, and we were out and about, you know, meeting the Hawaiians.
Speaker 1: Okay, and like shopping or doing excursion.
Speaker 2: Oh we did all, we did it. All we did shopping, We did excursions. Grace's favorite animal is a turtle. Okay, who knew, but it makes sense. They walked slow, Grace slow walker. They're very intelligent, but you don't necessarily know that upfront. Yeah, yeah, because they're just walking slow. So she loves turtles. So we did some. We went to a turtle town, that's what they called. But it was in the water, okay, so you had to do a little snorkeling.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: Anyway, My point is I met a lot of Hawaiians and I realized that they are in your face talkers. Oh they if they want us like say hello to you, or if they get excited because they've seen like Justelle and her girls, they are getting like two inches from my face really and they're like, oh.
Speaker 1: My god, just out, Oh my god. Are you like where you can smell their breast? Yes?
Speaker 2: Oh not all.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna put this all on the Hawaiian people, but I'm gonna put it on all the ones. I saw quite a few.
Speaker 2: What are y'all doing? It's called personal space?
Speaker 1: Yeah, what is that?
Speaker 2: I don't know?
Speaker 1: Is that? Okay? So if anyone is in Hawaii, you've been to Hawaii, you know people in Hawaii. Is this a thing?
Speaker 2: Is it a cultural things?
Speaker 1: Like what y'all do?
Speaker 2: Are do you not? Are you not aware that there's something called personal space? Right? And it's it's actually like a foot around.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like a foot behind me, a foot in front, a foot to the side, right like you and I. We have a nice, good little distance. Yes, and we can have a good conversation. I can hear her, she can hear me. Yes.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: We don't need I don't need to be right up in her face. No.
Speaker 2: Literally. The last okay, it happened maybe a lot. So the last time we were at dinner and this woman cup So I'm eating and this woman can you know are you already?
Speaker 1: No? Where did that go? It can't go in like.
Speaker 2: Three two to three inches from my face. I was like, oh my gosh, I'm just so happy y'all are here.
Speaker 1: Oh so far away from your house.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, just sow and I just your.
Speaker 1: Girls are beautiful. Oh I can't wait.
Speaker 2: Do y'all come back on television. I was like, lady, do you know how close you are to me?
Speaker 1: And were you like?
Speaker 2: No? No? I was very cool. My kids put their head down because they knew it was coming. It was like, oh my shit, I was about to lose it, but I did. I was very nice, very kind. I was like very very much appreciated. But I made a mental note like Hawaiians are close talkers, right all up in your face in it.
Speaker 1: I mean, but to be like, did you have food on your.
Speaker 2: Table when this lady was it was towards the end. Okay, yeah, And actually this particular restaurant, the food sucked, so I didn't even care. And it was it was wild because everywhere we went the food was amazing like this, and it was our last night. That's the worst. Anyway, Listen, Hawaiian, I'm gonna tell yall something. It's shady to get up in people's faces. Yes, like you can you can talk. Just give me six inch, give me twelve inches, right, yeah, yeah, that's the that's that gives me to x. Yes, So that there there, that's a little shady. Outside of that, the vacation, the people, their hospitality amazing top ten. Okay, yeah, great, we had a fantastic time.
Speaker 1: Great. Now is that where the wildfires were or the fires? Did you see?
Speaker 2: Yes? Totally. So we changed hotels because we typically like to see like different areas of anywhere we go. So going from one hotel to the next, we had to drive through it. Oh and our driver was like, you know, did you guys hear about the fires? Because it was a year from when it happened, right, and that day year from it, which was eight eight. Yeah, a lot of the stories just closed down in memory of it.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, okay, just to.
Speaker 2: Kind of like give a homage to what happened. But yeah, a lot of there's this one area in particular you can just tell like some shit happened. And then I found out Lenai. Is that an island?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I think it's I think it's called Lanai. This man bought it, Okay, I'm lying. He bought ninety percent of it. Only ten percent is still owned by Hawaiians. Oh and because I was googling Nobo because that's one of our things. Anytime we go somewhere, especially out the country, we always try to go to a no book, you know, so we can act like we've been to them.
Speaker 1: All.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the Noboo was on his island. Oh yeah, so y'all yet listen, anybody from Hawaii who knows what I'm talking about y'all send us an email and let us know what I'm talking okay, because you know I was intrigued by all.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, Yeah, So as a random man owns that.
Speaker 2: No, it's not a random he was like a Microsoft guy.
Speaker 1: He's a millionaire, he's somebody, okay, well, a lot of billionaires.
Speaker 3: Of course, when they make their money, they go over and they buy a big estate in Hawaii. Larry Ellison of Oracle taking that a step further, he is buying basically the island of La Nai, the Pineapple Island. You can see it from Maui, fifty miles of coastline, two resorts, zero traffic lights. He's buying it from a company that has owned the island or the bulk of it now for the past few years. And the purchase price, according to the Maui Times, between five and six hundred million dollars. In case you're wondering, he's not taking out a mortgage. He's going to pay cash.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he bought that shit. Oh wow, Oh yeah, Like how is it?
Speaker 1: How is a it's a it's a state, right, yeah, it's it's part of the United States of America. House it up for sale, well, it's not up for sale. But if you go on in u By and all the houses, yeah, yeah, the oh oh, he purchased all of the properties there.
Speaker 2: Yes, though a whole lot of money, and you and you, and then you're dropping the money on people and you say, hey, if you're paying you know, I don't know if he did this, but if you're paying like double, somebody's by you of their.
Speaker 1: House because he just wants to own it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he wants that. Wow, he eventually gonna own the whole thing.
Speaker 1: That's crazy. Yeah, that's nice.
Speaker 2: That's money.
Speaker 1: That's nice.
Speaker 2: That's money, honey, Yeah, that's that's more than money.
Speaker 1: Yes, indeed, that's what they call wealthy.
Speaker 2: Yes, generational. Wow, y'all know about that time wealth Yes.
Speaker 1: So okay, my shady moment, my so we put our little basketball team back together. You know, y'all made me reason.
Speaker 2: I don't want to cut you off. I just want to say one thing. Anytime Robber says my shady moment, I actually get scared. I don't know what the hell you're about to say. I'm like, rob and Robert Bank did one do something the crazy? What did Corey do?
Speaker 1: I get nervous, like something in my stomach is like oh shit, shit, what happened, especially when you're like okay, all right, go ahead. So so Wanna and I had a basketball team for the kids years ago up until Corey was in seventh grade, and then we like the team broke up whatever. Now that they're in tenth eleventh grade, we just got back together with some of the kids and just for fun, just to play in a tournament, a couple of tournaments. So we go to this tournament in Pennsylvania and it was ghetto the tournament on the standards of like where we are now, the tournament was ghetto. And it was ghetto because not ghetto. This is what the dell like, what makes a tournament ghetto?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: When they need a parent from each team to work the scoreboard in the in the book, it was a.
Speaker 2: Parent the referee. No, no, no, okay.
Speaker 1: But the referee oh no. But they could have been okay because the referees didn't have like official referee patches on their shirt. They literally just looked like they came from foot locker, like.
Speaker 2: Girl scout patches.
Speaker 1: No if they sold girl scout patches on no, there's nothing a boy scout right they could have been. It could have been. So the referees were like bootleg. Okay, they weren't official referees. I think a lot of them maybe were in training. I don't know anyway. So the fact so, so shady tournaments are when a parent has to run the scoreclock.
Speaker 2: Okay, got that.
Speaker 1: So you know nobody on my team want to do it, so I do it. Okay, So I'm on the scoreboard.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, so your team won, you won a scoreboard.
Speaker 1: Your team definitely, we definitely won. They didn't even me to win, but we won. We won the whole thing. We won. We played five games, won, we won a championship. So this is the fifth game, right, So the rules of the tournament are, it's a running clock. Don't stop the clock only on foul calls. So if a ref blows a whistle and calls a foul, you stop the clock. Otherwise you don't stop the clock unless there's a time out whatever, end of the quarter, end of the half. So it's the fifth game, so everyone should know these rules by then. Yes, yes, So we're playing this team that we played, So we're playing in the championship game on Sunday against the team we played on Saturday and we beat them on Sunday. They had to come back when they like must have found like a twenty five year old man to add to their team so that they could try to beat us. Right, Okay, so they all like and no offense to like Philly people from Philly. I don't know what it's with people from Philly, but they are emotional.
Speaker 2: Yes. I have always been emotional always.
Speaker 1: I remember what the Eagles. They get really emotional about that team. Yeah, the fans are emotional. Let me tell you the kids, the players are emotional. Closures are emotionality.
Speaker 2: Everybody emotion.
Speaker 1: We're playing an emotional team that really wanted to beat us. Okay, so we're playing the game. Is one is a minute and ten seconds left in the game.
Speaker 2: Okay, wait, wait, wait a minute. We're running clock. Last two minutes.
Speaker 1: You got to stop the clock now, last minute, last minute? Okayep under one minute you stopped the clock. Minute ten seconds, ball goes out, goes out of bounds, and the coach on the other team starts yelling at me, what stop it? I said, Oh no, I said, I said, it's a running clock. And I said he and you're like I said, right, the rolls, right, the rolls right, the rolls. So he is like so angry at me. So of course now we have to stop the clock because it's like a whole.
Speaker 2: Okay, but wait, did you but you're supposed to stop it at a minute, right, But we weren't at a minute. Okay, you're at you're at one time.
Speaker 1: We got to By the time when I eventually stopped it, it was one o three okay. So like, so the ball so the whistle blew probably like one ten okay, right then he started acting the full and then so I like, stop it at one o three? Right, okay?
Speaker 2: And what is Wan doing as he's yelling at you?
Speaker 1: I don't even think Wan knew that was happening at that moment.
Speaker 2: He was like, was he like coaching?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Was coaching? Okay, So I'm on the clock. One is coaching and our team was winning, and so he this man is like he could not even finish coaching his team. He was worried about me. He kept saying, she's yelling at me, talking to me, and I kept saying, so I said, oh I gotta I got a wild one. Let me get let me attagonize the show. So I kept saying, right, the rules, coach your team, right, the rules, coach your team, right, the rules.
Speaker 2: You've been playing here, that's your fifth game.
Speaker 1: You should know the rules.
Speaker 2: This is the roles.
Speaker 1: Do you have a microphone when you're saying this, No, you're just screaming.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm loving every second of this.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: Then what happened?
Speaker 1: So then eventually, like you know, so eventually that the red They're like, okay, like, can we resume play?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: So we resumed playing. We win. Uh huh. They go through the handshake line, they're finished. They walking away. The man is still yelling about me. So I'm like, so I'm like walking over to I said, raak the roll k role.
Speaker 2: So you're the shady one, not the man because you you won't let it go either.
Speaker 1: No, because when I see that I can antagonize somebody. We know I'm going to do it. Yes, And I was cracking up.
Speaker 2: I was dry.
Speaker 1: I'm like and this a was so angry, like he was like so upset with a tight game. We were up, we won by like twelve maybe well, so there was no way he could come back and right, Okay, So that's what I was coming down. Yeah, if it was a tight game and you you know, and then you think over here, think I'm cheating with the clock or whatever. Fine, but you he could not get he was mad at me. Oh yeah, oh yeah, he's mad at Robin because Robin cheated for the whole time.
Speaker 2: Robin cheat the whole time. I just want you all to know she did.
Speaker 1: The shade moment is one. I had the damn ghetto tournament, making parents run the clock right, and then the crazy man yelling at a woman's and then so at the end of course one is like he gets in. He's like, yo, no, that's what.
Speaker 2: I'm surprised. Why didn't jump up in the beginning. Thank god he was unaware as to what was But I was amazing.
Speaker 1: I was like, oh, I'm pushing out, like push you. I'm gonna drop you.
Speaker 2: Crazy, I cannot So, speaking of driving crazy, can we get into the Olympics. Oh? Yes, because about it? Okay, we actually we have a lot of to say about the Olympics because the men won the men basketball teams. Oh the men, yes, yes, which mass And I know that, yes, I know that you you're watching. Yes, I watched the entire game I did, from beginning to end. I had just gotten home. I was on the couch listen that that what.
Speaker 1: Do you call that?
Speaker 2: That?
Speaker 1: Stephen Curry?
Speaker 2: No, No, did jet Lagh got me? Okay, so I was on the count. Okay, Okay, So we're not gonna talk about beards anymore because.
Speaker 1: Oh oh yeah, I follow up to that follow up.
Speaker 2: Okay, because I actually used to date this guy and he was like, heges I didn't even know if he listened to the podcast, even knew I had a podcast. He texted me a picture of himself with a beer. He was like, Giselle, I heard you don't like this. You don't like this. I was like, oh, play, go back to your wife, Like what anyway, So Fat Joe said Joe, he said, so don't blank, don't don't come for me, Come for Fat Joe. Fat Joe tells his followers to get Lebron James some hair dye for his beard.
Speaker 1: Okay, Yes, he had a lot of gray in his beard.
Speaker 2: Yes, and it's just like Lebron, we love you, Yes, but let's just fix this. Either we're gonna go bald with the beer beard and the beard. Yes, I agree, with Fat Joe, we're gonna, you know, fix fix them grays, yes, or we're gonna cut it down so we don't see the gray what we do on Lebron.
Speaker 1: Okay, So honestly, I think that's a flex. Why Lebron James is forty years old, yes, and is still one of the best players basketball players totally the world.
Speaker 2: We're not taking that from him, and that is a flex. So we have to see the grays. Yeah, the grays and all. He's like, you know what, I'm gonna come. I'm gonna dunk on everyone.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna dunk on you, Serbia, I'm gonna dunk on France, I'm gonna dunk I'm gonna dunk on Italy. But got gray beard?
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, well that.
Speaker 1: Is a flex. Fat get dunked on by a man with a gray beard.
Speaker 2: Fat Joe said, bro, you out here not representing Okay. Fat Joe said, fix it all right, But.
Speaker 1: I do wonder because that actually was the first some of that I've actually seen all that gray and his beard. So I'm like, Okay, clearly he was covering up before, but so maybe it's like he was his his barber, his the people who usually cover his gray.
Speaker 2: They weren't afford for him to come to Paris. They didn't come to parents.
Speaker 1: They don't sell He can't afford that, No, he can't, or he couldn't buy a box adjust for men.
Speaker 2: Well, he didn't know that Fat Joe was selling this stuff. So now Fat Joe sells, Yes, Fat Joe sells this brand of whatever, okay for men and for their beards. Okay, So fad Joe was like, I will ship you some, sir.
Speaker 1: Okay. See, I didn't know Fat Joe the gold hair dyed. Yeah, they got door dash. But I was kind of like, okay, either he's just been I need to see what his beard looked like on like the opening ceremony day.
Speaker 2: But what I'm saying like, was it like we need to compare?
Speaker 1: Was it all dark and then it just yes, faded and the grades came out? He just like, you know what, I'm embracing the fact that I'm forty and I am going to dunk on everybody's head my gray beard.
Speaker 2: But even though we know you're forty, we know how old you are, you don't have to like give us a reminder. You can just dunk on everybody, I mean without the reminder.
Speaker 1: But he's proud.
Speaker 2: He's proud, okay, Bron Bron, but.
Speaker 1: He should definitely cut the hair up top. Yes, it's like let's listen, yeah, cut it down and take take your pit. Okay, so can we talk about you and the beer? Because yes, look.
Speaker 2: Are we going there now? But can we finish with Steph Curry? Oh? Okay? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, because I literally was like, why is he first half? First half and second No, first quarter, second quarter, even a little bit of third You asleep?
Speaker 2: Sir?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: You you actually were you at the game?
Speaker 1: I know because I say his name.
Speaker 2: I you know, first second quarter you put up like the five threes that did not go in the basket. Right, So I was like, oh, okay, so you you're not here today, right, So we're gonna need to count on Kevin Durant, which he stepped up. The little Blake boy, I shouldn't call him a boy, the little Blake.
Speaker 1: What's the guy named Blake?
Speaker 2: What's his name?
Speaker 1: Blake?
Speaker 2: Who used to take Kendall Jenner? Oh, Devin Booker, Devin Devin he stepped up? Lebron Brin you was you didn't step up and all of a sudden out of nowhere. Here he comes Chef Curry.
Speaker 4: Whoa baby durrant, Doctor Curry dancing up a tune over to the double teams. Oh that's up, goolds in the tiger right name Night Curry unconscious on the floor.
Speaker 2: That last three. Y'all know what I'm talking about. Y'all know what I'm talking over to two people. I had one eye open because I was half sleep. Thet it tastes something.
Speaker 1: Look, even Giselle knows what she's watching.
Speaker 2: I jumped. I jumped like I was laying down. I jumped up. I was like, like, and I was watching with my kid with the twins. They were screaming. They were going in.
Speaker 1: I was going in.
Speaker 2: I was like, this is what it's all about. Thank you.
Speaker 1: He was like, don't worry about me, Yes, don't worry about me. Yes, because everyone, I mean, because Steph throughout the Olympics, his shot really wasn't falling until the previous game and then the end of the game. But before that he was not like his shot was.
Speaker 2: So I mean, I know he was screaming, don't worry about me, But we were worried. Yes, I was very worried, right because I was like, this is going to be an embarrassment. But who was the guy wimbley? What?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: He is great.
Speaker 1: That's Carter's favorite player.
Speaker 2: He looks like Carter is a little bit like skinny.
Speaker 1: Yeah, long and skinny.
Speaker 2: Yes. Is he like seven feet he's yes, I was joking. Oh wow, yeah, he's really really tall. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And you know it's crazy he's so flexible he can do splits. Oh wow, isn't that crazy? Like I want to see that yeah, ye, look it up. I want to see that in the bedroom. Okay, just kidding. Okay, let's get to the beards. Yes, let's get to the beards.
Speaker 2: Okay, So.
Speaker 1: I was going through the comments or reasonably shady yeah, after we posted the clip of the beards. Yes, and I'm just gonna give this coming for me. Yeah, I mean it's not terrible, but I do want to give a ps since Giselle did her PSA from the women, which you know, a lot of women were like, you don't speak for me, who is we? I don't agree? Yes, okay, I'm going to give a PSA for the men. Okay, okay, the men said, well I have a psc how about y'all take all that makeup all. Take off them, those lashes that have like pterodactyl wings. Take off the wig, take off the weaves. We don't like the bbls. We don't like the botox. We don't like the fake nails. We don't like the boob implants, we don't like all that hair color.
Speaker 2: Stop coming for me right time, Come in for me.
Speaker 1: Got o, my god, take it all off.
Speaker 2: You come with me. First of all, I don't have a B B L robbing. It has on, no makeup. Right now, it looks amazing. Whoever, whoever you are coming for us, you're gonna do You're gonna leave my botox alone.
Speaker 1: I do not have a box anyway. Yes, these are my boobs, thank you very much. Oh my god, violate this. But that was it was so funny. How many men are like beat ons, like, oh the makeup, take that makeup. They're like, that's funny. She talking about beards. We can't see your face. We can't see your face under all the maker.
Speaker 2: First of all, okay, God bless me.
Speaker 1: I am beautiful.
Speaker 2: I don't need what I put on my face.
Speaker 1: I just put it on because I'm just enhancing my natural beauty. Get into it beards get into it.
Speaker 2: Wo.
Speaker 1: So I thought i'ld give the men a little you know, yes, give them a little something, because you know, if the men say it, then they're gonna.
Speaker 2: Be like, oh my gosh, I can't believe you said that.
Speaker 1: As how dare you tell us?
Speaker 2: What? Aware?
Speaker 1: We're not aware?
Speaker 2: I can't believe you did that? How dare you?
Speaker 1: So they had their moment the comments the men.
Speaker 2: Came for me, y'all are shady? Okay, y'all came for me. And I'm not even mad at I.
Speaker 1: Think it's actually quite reasonable. I mean, whatever, okay, But you know, it's funny. It's so funny because like, do we do all the stuff that we do for ourselves for other women or for men? And I really think we do it for ourselves and for other women.
Speaker 2: Yes, we don't do it for men. Like if I'm going on a date with a man, because I don't date women, yes, so if I'm going on a date with a man, yes, i might do more because I'm thinking about, oh, well he might like this, so he might like that. So that is true, right, But nine times out of ten, I'm doing it for me, right, Yeah.
Speaker 1: But I think most men honestly, do prefer us natural. They don't. They don't like makeup. Yes, they don't like you know, wigs and weaves and they you know, like they don't like it and do it for not them.
Speaker 2: Right, I'm finding out that more men they don't really like those bbls, and they don't like like all of the major plastic surgery, right, they like naturals. So y'all bebl girls. Y'all are done. I can't listen. Y'all are done.
Speaker 1: Oh, oh God, don't come fuck now, you come for me, bbls, come for me. I mean honest, I've never I would just worry about and I've never had a desire to get one. I'll be worried about what that would look like in the long run.
Speaker 2: Oh they're done.
Speaker 1: When I'm sixty to fifty seventy, that thing is gonna.
Speaker 2: Say, Yeah, that doesn't that's that's not attractive. And the men know that all right. Speaking of attractive, I think that so recently because we said we were't gonna talk about him anymore because you had his last baby. Nick Cannon yes came out and said he wants it that old thing back. Yes, he wants that Mariah bas said he would.
Speaker 1: Love to have Mariah, but Mariah don't want him.
Speaker 2: No, listen, Mariah, I'm not mad at you, but not wanting Nick Cannon back. Okay, because after he left, y'all broke up. How many kids did he have?
Speaker 1: Twice? Right, he's probably had ten more kids, ten more kids. Yeah, so yeah, she doesn't want those problems because I mean, yeah, okay, Nick Cannon has money. But like you married, you, you get back with Mariah and marry Mariah. Now they can come for Mariah's money, right can the baby mama?
Speaker 2: Ke? Can't you put that in the prenap or something? Oh?
Speaker 1: Maybe, I don't know.
Speaker 2: They might be able to.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Listen, let me tell you. It's not gonna find out. Mariah. She like, I'm not. I'm not doing that to myself. Okay, that's what we're not doing. By the way, guys, we're on TikTok. Did you know we're on TikTok?
Speaker 1: You know it's so crazy. I'm not on TikTok. Yeah, so I did not know that until our wonderful social media person, Yes showed us all of the progress we've made on TikTok.
Speaker 2: So, speaking of TikTok.
Speaker 1: Did you see my kids pranked me?
Speaker 2: Yes? Okay, So my kids came to me and they were like, oh mom, there's this. They showed me a girlfriend of theirs that was on TikTok with her mom, and I said, y'all will never be on TikTok with me.
Speaker 1: Why don't y'all be on TikTok? And they were like, oh, we can, we can do TikTok.
Speaker 2: They're like, this is thing. So I said, okay, great. I didn't know what they were talking about. So they were like, Mom, we're gonna say give me money, give me my money, give me my money. Yeah, and they were like, you know the TikTok trend is who can say it in the best Italian voice. So I was like, oh, I got a ready. I did not know that they weren't for me.
Speaker 1: They were pranking me.
Speaker 2: So I'm like, if you go to my Instagram, you will see I'm like, give me my money. And then they don't clap for me, Oh my god. And you were like jumping up the down like yeah, you're like listen. That was so embarrassing.
Speaker 1: Was so cute. They got you.
Speaker 2: Give me my money, give me my money, give me my money.
Speaker 1: What But did you know about this Yes by the time I saw yours. Yes, the first time I saw it. The first time I saw it, it was actually Idris Elba getting pranks. Oh, and I was like, I don't get it because it was just his daughter, his wife and him and he went last. Like it was just like I like, I didn't get it. It took me about five times to watch different ones. Yeah, to finally get it. They the Steph Curry and his family got his mom really good. That was cute.
Speaker 2: Okay, So but the whole thing is that they just don't clasp They're all in right, So so everyone's in on it except for the last person, right totally.
Speaker 1: I was not right. And the whole thing is like the last person goes and you don't clap for that last for that person, and that person is like ready for their class.
Speaker 2: Like I was done. I was done with those children. And by the way, that is on TikTok they need so they so then so mind you. We finished the little video and then Angels like you have to post it. I was like, I actually don't want to post.
Speaker 1: Right because I look crazy, and so she was like, you gotta post it on Instagram and TikTok so I did it.
Speaker 2: But they were wrong for that. Here we go. They give him a shady, totally shady, shady, completely shady.
Speaker 1: We got our We have our reasonably shady paddles today. You know what, we talk a lot about a lot of stuff that's reasonable, and we talk about a ship ton of stuff that's shady.
Speaker 2: So, yes, okay, shady. The newest, the latest shady is Barack Obama. What do you do? So the other day he listed his summer Oh yes you did. And every year he listed some playlist you know that, right, And every time I look at it and I'm just like, he don't listen to these songs. He don't do this is this is right, It is not real.
Speaker 1: Got on there go sexye so go sexy? Yes? Are you serious?
Speaker 2: Well okay, so I'm just I'm just gonna help y'all, help me, help y'all, help help the president, our forever president. He has Charlie x c X. I don't even know what that is.
Speaker 1: That's like the one that's that's a young girl.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: Have you seen all the people saying Kamala is brapped?
Speaker 2: Have you seen them no, yes, kind of that's her.
Speaker 1: That's her, that's her song.
Speaker 2: Or Okay, he has Billie Eilish. He does not listen to Billie Eilish.
Speaker 1: He has.
Speaker 2: Her. He probably listens to her Sweetie.
Speaker 1: No, we're not listening to that.
Speaker 2: Okay, my best by Sweetie.
Speaker 1: Okay, so he's not listening to that.
Speaker 2: So I know he's lying.
Speaker 1: Who made this?
Speaker 2: He has Cleoso, Yeah, probably listens to that.
Speaker 1: Please say he has Sexy Red, he has and glow Rider please tell me. Okay, so he used Okay, so this is Oh, he's got to wait a minute.
Speaker 2: Wait a minute. He has some Edda James. Okay, we know that he has Bad Bunny. Okay, I don't think he listens to Bad Bunny. He's got a little Beyonce Texas hold him.
Speaker 1: Oh well, he picked the worst song. All right, let's this is over. He picked the worst song on Beyonce's album.
Speaker 2: Yes, he's got little Bob Molly on here. Oh oh, I'm sorry. He's got Wanna Be by glow Rilla and Meg the Stallion. Barack Obama, you held it out?
Speaker 1: Cut it out.
Speaker 2: Barack Obama is a liar, right, you know it is.
Speaker 1: He's not cut it out. No, he's not listening to this.
Speaker 2: No, And I get he has to be politically correct with what he puts on, what he posts that it is his you know, summer right, listening to playlists. But you didn't have to do it.
Speaker 1: But can we be like, can you be real to yourself? Come on, hell, you don't have to try to be cool with the people's the What are we on gen z? What are we on gim?
Speaker 2: We don't know? Do we care about these gens? And it doesn't even matter.
Speaker 1: I never really remember which one I am. I think I'm between millennial and gen Why.
Speaker 2: No, No, you're before millennial. No, yeah, you're before millennial because Ashley's millennial, so you're before her.
Speaker 1: So then what's the other one?
Speaker 2: I don't know anyway, anyway, it doesn't even matter. You're a baby boomer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, No, I'm.
Speaker 2: No PSA TI Barack Obama? Stop lying? Right? Yes, Michelle, get him together? Come on, Barack, Yeah, get him together? Michelle.
Speaker 1: Speaking of crazy former presidents, I hate to call him that. Did you see where Donald Trump? Sorry? So, Kamala Harris is on the cover of Time magazine.
Speaker 2: Oh she was okay?
Speaker 1: Yeah, beautiful picture of her it's just like more like a headshot. Donald Trump was on x or Twitter with Elon Musk on like spaces like, it's just so oh, it's so great. I can't believe these words are coming out of my mouth, doing like a Twitter spaces with Elon Musk lovely, lovely, and he says Kamala looked like Milania, his wife, Milania on the cover of Trump. She's a beautiful woman. What right, what is happening?
Speaker 2: She's terrible, but he's getting a free rider.
Speaker 1: A picture of her on Time magazine today.
Speaker 2: She looked like the most beautiful actress ever to live.
Speaker 1: It was the drawing.
Speaker 3: And actually she looked very much like a great first lady Milania.
Speaker 2: She didn't look she didn't look like Camilla.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 2: But of course she's a beautiful woman.
Speaker 1: So we'll leave it at that, right.
Speaker 2: He compared her to Milania.
Speaker 1: Yes, he said she looked like Milania on the cover of Time. What Yes, Okay, come on, the man is insane. He's insane. And then and then so people are like, oh, okay, we get it, Like you actually are attracted to Kamala and.
Speaker 2: You're mad because you'll never get it.
Speaker 1: Well, forget her natives to Carr, every other name in the book.
Speaker 2: Well for what I understand, and we're gonna we're not gonna stay here long with the Trump. Behind closed doors, he calls her a bitch. Yeah, she's a bitch twenty five times a day. And then he said publicly, no one knows her last name. Her last name's Harris, Like, why wouldn't we know her last name? I'm so confused, Like, are we idiots? No, we're actually not the idiots. We know her name. You might be the idiot because you don't know her name.
Speaker 1: Okay, wait, can I tell you I was triggered and I hate using that word triggered when he was like questioning her racial identity. Oh yeah, I couldn't that.
Speaker 2: I had to walk away his.
Speaker 1: That made me so angry. I don't think i've been at I think that's the most angry I've ever been at that man, Like, how dare you question someone's racial identity? The ignorance is just so loud, and yeah, it's so embarrassing.
Speaker 2: It's bad. I don't like it. I don't like what's going on. It's obvious that that side is very angry. Yes, because we like Walsh.
Speaker 1: His name Walsh Walls, Walls, Walls, Wash Walls, w.
Speaker 2: A l Z. Yes, Walls. We like him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's like clean as a whistle. Yes, yes, he's school He's like one of like the guy next door type.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: What did he say? He coached football, basketball.
Speaker 2: And he coached basketball. You know some of those guys were Republicans and they said they're going to vote for him.
Speaker 1: Oh really, yes, they're.
Speaker 2: Gonna, They're gonna. They owned a ticket. Oh good, Yeah, I'm not mad at that at all. All right, I did want to talk about you know, I've been watching stuff. I've been watching a whole lot of stuff, guys, because you know, when I'm on the plane, I get it in.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that's a long flight. How long was that travel?
Speaker 2: Okay, let's talk about that. So I can knock down a DC to LA with my eyes closed five hours, not a problem. I can do that blindfold backwards.
Speaker 1: Okay I cannot, but okay, you cannot.
Speaker 2: But I got I got that. Okay, But to get off that plane and then get on another one for five hours immediately immediately it's like whoa, I was okay going because they're behind us. So like by the time so we left. We're gaining time. By the time we got there, we flew all day and when we got there was like one thirty and afternoon. Great, we have all day to get our minds right coming home. I was like, this isn't good. No right, because we flew all day and then went to you know, changed planes at Lax only to get on their red eye. Yo. That thing killed me. That I said, not another five hours had I had a sweatshirt on. I put my hoodie on. I was like, I told the way in. The flight attendant was like, you know, she was like, oh, just out. She was like she you know, she knew w how I was. So she was like shit chat with me. And before the lights were on everything people still get on the plane.
Speaker 1: A man, this is our last conversation, right, don't ask me for no food, no drink, no nothing.
Speaker 2: She was like, I got you just said that hood went on. I was done. Even a man next to me wants to talk to me. I don't know you. So anyway, that was a long flight.
Speaker 1: Where were we talking? That's rough flight?
Speaker 2: Celine Dion, So what I we were talking? We were so on the plane. I download this washing stuff. Yes, I downloaded her documentary which is on Prime. I think it's not Netflix, and.
Speaker 1: I feel so bad for her. Have you seen the clips of it, like in her Stiff Person? Yes, yes, so she has so apparently she has episodes of Stiff Person.
Speaker 2: So the cameras were rolling when she was having one of her episodes. I was in tears. Really, she's it literally like makes you stiff up, right, like rigamoris.
Speaker 1: Not rigamoris mortis, rigor mortis that word.
Speaker 2: And thank god she doesn't have somebody with her. She God forbid, she can't get through it. They're like talking to her to try to get her out of it.
Speaker 1: So does she feel it coming on and then she can get to a place where she's comfortable or is it like you know what I'm saying, Like, okay.
Speaker 2: Well she can kind of they know what's coming on because her hands went went weird, all right, and she was laying down. They were like hoping she didn't go full throttle, so they were like trying to massage her and talk to her, but she went into like the full throttle, and God, I just felt so bad for her.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I was wondering, So I haven't seen the whole documentary. I've seen clips of it. So when she performed at the opening ceremony many of the Olympics, I'm like, how how is she doing this? You know, like what if she she has one of her episodes, Like how is she confident to be able to do that?
Speaker 2: She's got her her drug concoction? Oh figured out, I think. And I didn't see the opening ceremony, so did she sing?
Speaker 1: Was that live? It looks like it. It was beautiful. She was amazing, like chills, like amazing, and especially knowing what she's going through, it was just like wow, I feel like she I think she thinks that it's kind of like the price she's had to pay for her voice, for the gift of her voice.
Speaker 2: She's very aware her voice is a gift. How could you not be? But like God, Lee, Yeah, that's sad, so sad, so sad, so Celine Dion, are my prayers? Yeah, are out here for you. I don't think there is a cure for this. I think it's a degenerate degeneration. Degenerative, yeah, degenerative disease. So praying for you and your family, her little boys or are you know they on top of a.
Speaker 1: Mommy yeah, they're older. They could be like sixteen seventeen, and then she's got an older one. Yeah. Yeah, so.
Speaker 2: Sad.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's really sad.
Speaker 2: Yes, very very sad. But anyway, not so sad news. Can we talk about basketball wives?
Speaker 1: Oh? Sure, I'm not watching, but okay.
Speaker 2: Neither am I. Oh okay, but I've got something to say.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: So I was in my bad last night talking to Grace, who, by the way, is the biggest Baddies Baddies shot a clock. What's that show Baddie's on? Zeus?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Not Bad Girl Club, No, No, it's Batties called Baddies. Okay she didn't, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Like, so I'm like, Grace, you because we were on the trip and she was like, my, the new episode of Batties is coming on And I said, you sound crazy, right, So I said, so she's watching it. I said, well, where did you get this zeus?
Speaker 2: How do you get zeus? She said, oh I got so and sos log a in.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: So I'm like, okay, mind you she don't talk to soul, so no more. Okay, but she got the log in, she got the log in. She watched your Baddies and she's over in the corner. She got a half phones on. She's dying, laughing, dying. So just to put that in perspective, I mean the bed last night TV's on, it's Basketball Wives, and she kind of sees like there's some interaction. So she'sa like, man, am I turning the volume was off. She's like, let me see, let me see, Chia. It was the last scene of this particular episode. Don't know which episode this is, but it was a come to Jesus Jackie Christie moment because Jackie been talking trash about everybody, right, okay, and if those of you all who do not know, because Basketball Wives has been off and on, but now it's on and they have like the majority of the originals, which is a Shawnee and Evelyn, Jennifer.
Speaker 1: Okay, Jackie. So Laura is not on there.
Speaker 2: Laura, Yeah, she was on this scene. So Jackie been talking trash and they got it all recording. I don't know how that happened, but Jackie is said she want to slap Evelyn. She said she hates Shannie. She said Jennifer's man don't really like her. She didn't tell this shut She was talking to her business partner, and another one of the girls was on the call on mute and then recorded the whole thing so good. So they started going for it. Bitch, this bitch that if you, if you so. One girl was yelling at I can't remember her name. Something something happened with her child.
Speaker 1: I think Brooke, whose daughter died in a car accident.
Speaker 2: Yes, okay, I didn't know that story. Okay, Brook was everybody was tagging her, tagging her. You know, everybody's going for it, going for Shawnie's eating her food real slow. Evelyn is like, you want to slap me? You want to slap me? Why you hate me? Jackie? Why you hate me? She was like, I ain't say that. So anyway, when it got to Brook, Brooke was like, you ain't even worth my taco. She's eating her taco. She not't even work I taco.
Speaker 1: I said, yes.
Speaker 2: Grace is like, get up, get her here go Grace, Ma, you need to say that to somebody. I was like, my Grace, I'm not gonna say that anyone that.
Speaker 1: So did she continue eating her taco.
Speaker 2: She was like coming for her.
Speaker 1: She came to throw it at her, and she was like, no, you're not worth well.
Speaker 2: No, Jackie was storming off, okay, and I think she thought that Brooke thought about like going coming behind her. Brooke was like, hell, no, I'm gonna sit here and eat my taco. You're not worth me not eating my talkout. I know that's right, Brooke. I didn't even know your name until two minutes ago. Brooke. Yes, anyway, Okay, riveting, Riveting, loved everything.
Speaker 1: Did Jackie defend herself?
Speaker 2: They was calling her a prostitute? It was crazy, It was wild anyway. It was musty TV, musty TV. Okay, I don't care about the rest of the episode. That last scene, y'all check that out.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna go find it, can't I don't.
Speaker 2: Know what episode, but just have ad it. Okay, I'm done. All right, let's get into the Real Housewives of New Jersey.
Speaker 1: Wow, we had it?
Speaker 2: Okay? Did you see that last episode? No? Did you? Okay?
Speaker 1: The season final is gonna watch it and then I can't watch anything in this house with these men.
Speaker 2: Right, Okay? The season finale.
Speaker 1: Yeah, of.
Speaker 2: The season finale of New Jersey.
Speaker 1: Right, so you're saying the last the finale or that reunion, no episode, no season finale, I saw clips of that. I saw a little bit. Okay, yes, I saw it on Peacock. Oh yeah, Jackie, I said, okay.
Speaker 2: Yes, Teresa's like you're a whore talking to Melissa.
Speaker 1: You're you're a horror and they're going back and forth.
Speaker 2: I said, wow, this is amazing. I said, I who do you think is the problem?
Speaker 1: Robin?
Speaker 2: I would say it. I don't care if y'all come for me and I love Teresa. Teresa, you the problem child, You are the problem. Okay, once for Teresa, everybody be happy.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I mean I don't watch enough, but I think it just from what I see, it looks like Teresa is holding on to stuff or that I thought was let go years ago. Like I don't know why they're still arguing about stuff, Like I don't I don't know that something new happened for them to be arguing today. And they've been, you know, in good place, or so it seemed they were in a good place prior to I don't know. Yeah, So I kind of feel like I think it's it might be on Teresa as well, and it might be an unpopular opinion.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I think it's kind of mixed.
Speaker 2: I haven't seen any of this season, but I did see that last episode, which was the season finale, and from that episode, I say, yeah, Teresa, you the problem. Yeah, love your girl, but you the problem.
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: And your husband.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I feel like if we can't really tell what the actual problem is, like what what rarely really happened between all the all of these people for them to have all of this beef, then it's like, yeah, there's some I don't know, I mean, clearly all problem, but they're all the problems. I don't know, but I do feel like I do. I don't know. It's very weird. It's a very weird dynamic. Yeah, and it's just I don't see anything that has happened that seems to be that bad that they can't get along.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they can't get past it, but it's very clear that if Teresa was removed, they could move forward. That's that's what I took from it, really. And then we got to give a shout out to LV, LV one off our producers. Listen, they got to throwing drinks and whatnot. LV had to come from behind the corner.
Speaker 1: Oh shoot, I missed that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, LV, you know we love you. When LV comes out onto a scene and you see ELV who is their executed producer. There's a problem.
Speaker 1: Yeah, always like five four. She's not only she five four, but she don't fool with on cameras. Right, So when I saw LV, I said, oh shit, this thing is over. Oh my gosh. They were throwing what were they you know.
Speaker 2: They was jumping up from the table, so dishes were flying, and they were you know, they get to shoving chairs and whatnot, and it was it was chaos.
Speaker 1: So this is so crazy to me. It's like all that happened and the world didn't turn upside down, but on other shows, stuff happens in the world, pus upside down.
Speaker 2: All hell breaks loose. It's like that and me talking about beards, all help breaks right, I'm like.
Speaker 1: What, I'm like, all this happened, Okay, this is there. There definitely are I don't know, I don't know if we call them double standards, but like people definitely give passes to certain shows and certain people and then to other people they.
Speaker 2: They do not. Yeah, yes, but we do know LV doesn't not like any chaos, No, no, she we we know that first hand, and.
Speaker 1: That in that season they like they didn't need that. That was like they were already so divided and so, you know, in a stuck in a hard place, like they didn't need anything to make it worse. No.
Speaker 2: No, So we'll see what happens with the future of Jersey. And you know what, I because it's Housewives, I always take like, you know, when they when they decide to reboot New York, It's like I kind of feel like, we don't want to see that happen, right, you know what I mean, Like you want to see whatever has been going on to continue. I want to see whatever's going on with Jersey to continue. So I take it personal, not personally, but I'm like, no, like I don't want that to ever happen to Potomac, Like I just you know what I mean, like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it's unfortunate that they're in that where they are. Yes, it doesn't have to be that way. I mean because from whatever I've seen that has happened, nothing is like, oh my gosh, I can't believe that that happened. And I would never talk to that woman again, and I would never So.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Andy Cohen don't want it. Andy Cohen walking his kids out on the streets and people like rolling up on him like is it Teresa my lesson? He's like, let me alone, let me out of this.
Speaker 1: Right, right, it's nothing serious. But but from what I have heard, I think, and this is just from you know, other people that I know, Yeah, I think it's Teresa.
Speaker 2: I said it loud to proud. Why are you whispering?
Speaker 1: I know, because because I don't watch enough to have like a okay, to have a fully educated opinion.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna say it's Louis Okay, Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean maybe his influence. I don't know. Yeah, I don't watch enough to have That's why I'm like hesitant to just give my full opinion. If I really watched enough, then I was like, oh, yeah, she's a problem.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I mean I wish them, I wish them nothing but the best. I mean, you know, you've been You've been knocking down a reality show for a decade. That's that's not a walk in a park, that's a hard feat.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's more than a decade.
Speaker 2: I said, at least a decade. You got ten years under your boat us certified crazy yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, included. Yeah. But I also think if you've been on a reality show for this long. You understand the nature of the beast, and so there aren't there shouldn't be a whole whole lot that you can't get past.
Speaker 2: True, that that's true, but you know, you understand the nature of the beast. But the beast is real, and the beast is how you deal with the beast. Right. So, because we've seen a lot of people and it changes who and what they are. It changes how they view themselves, it changes how they view other people. It can be it can eat you up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah for sure, I mean yeah, and it can give you a delusional outlook on life.
Speaker 2: Delulu is real. Cal says that all the time. He's like, he calls me all the time. He's like, Geselle, she's delusional. And I'm like that Delulu thing. Let me tell you us something.
Speaker 1: About Teresa or he's talking about someone else.
Speaker 2: Oh, he don't know who Teresa is. He's talking about in life Like anytime, yeah, we see something and we're like, somebody is like not understanding reality. He's like that, Delulu. And when people are living in delusion, they have no idea they're living in delusion. No, they're so caught up in their delusion.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, they think they're the center of the universe. Listen, everything they do and say is right.
Speaker 2: Don't drink your juice. Yeah, don't get high on your own supply and don't drink your juice. I think those are both wrong, but anyway, we're here. That is our episode. Guys, we love y'all, so mudy.
Speaker 1: To be appropriate analogy, but okay.
Speaker 2: Don't ever forget to live your life, either reasonable or.
Speaker 1: Shady or bones bite.
Speaker 2: Reasonably Shady is a production of the Black Effect podcast Network.
Speaker 1: For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite
Speaker 2: Shows, and you can connect with us on social media at Robin Dixon, ten, Giselle Bryant, and Reasonably Shady