Speaker 1: The choice.
Speaker 2: I'm a homegrow that knows a little bit about everything and everybody.
Speaker 3: You know, if you don't lie about that, right, Lauren came in.
Speaker 1: Hey, y'all, what's up.
Speaker 2: It's Lauren Rosa and this is another episode of the Latest with Lauren la Rosa. This is your deadly did on all things pop culture, entertainment, news, and all of the conversations that shake the room. Baby. Now, y'all know we kick off the Latest with Laurena Rosa behind the Scenes of the Grind, So let's get on into it now. This Behind the Scenes of the Grind kind of like leads into the Latest a bit and into the conversation we'll be having. I did to sit down with keV on stage, comedian Internet personality, I guess you could call him but writer director. Him and his wife are doing amazing things across the Internet, but also in real life when it comes to storytelling. He has a podcast called Not My Best Moment and all this podcast we sat down and talked about a bunch of different things. One of the clips, though, that is my favorite from the interview, kind of brings you guys behind the scenes a bit with me. But also I think it summarizes a lot about what I take you guys into in my real life behind the scenes of the grind. We're talking about being hyper independent as a woman child and where that lands you in relationship, in in life, and in work. Let's take a listen, not even just in work, but in like my personal life. It's like, I don't have time for you to tell me you can't figure it out or fix it. I'm gonna just do it myself because the more time you take trying to figure it out to fix it, something else is gonna happen. And a lot of these things, like you know, when you're dealing with like you know, whether it's like me working, like my mom and my grandmother right, like they're older, so if it's like a health thing with them or like whatever, No, we gotta get that nipped right now, because time is of the essence. I don't have time. They don't, literally, they don't have a time. I've just that's just been something that's been like ingrained in me. I think too, because I'm like the oldest child in my family, am the girl child.
Speaker 1: Oldest girl. Yeah, oh wow, that makes so much sense. My wife is an oldest girl.
Speaker 2: Oh she'd be on a play and she don't let you. You have to talk or into letting you do things for her. Right, I just made this post about how hard it is to like even open the door.
Speaker 1: You almost have to raise her just to open the door.
Speaker 2: My boyfriend literally it's been even with the whole like walking on the inside of the street, that I had to learn that that was not for me.
Speaker 1: I have to almost fight with her about this.
Speaker 2: He will literally like move me. And he always tells me like yo, like relaxing.
Speaker 1: Girl, let me be with you as a man. That's we have that conversation so much.
Speaker 2: And it's not even like a like a I'm trying not to let you be with me as a man.
Speaker 1: It's just like I'm so used to I gotta do this.
Speaker 2: Regardless twenty six years, she still act like and if you go on tomorrow, I could do it.
Speaker 1: She moving furniture like you don't need to do I will Today.
Speaker 2: This morning I was packing up and I like had on my bags or whatever, and I had everything packed up and I'm taking some up to the door and he just was sitting there and he was like, so, when you're ready for me to grab the bags and walk out let me know, and I was like, the uber is downstairs, and he was like, we're going to the same uber and I had had to sit back and realize. I'm like, he's right, Like I don't have the yeah, but the But now.
Speaker 1: Here's the thing.
Speaker 2: I saw a lot of you guys commenting on this post, like it kicked off a really big conversation, which I'm always excited about. But I'm being honest, it's a little bit scary sometimes to hear people or to see people commenting on things that are like so interpersonal for you, like your thoughts, your emotions and stuff like that. But with this conversation, I was more excited to see people not being afraid to be open and vulnerable. So, you know, we get out in the streets, in the tweets, we're taking it to the comments right now.
Speaker 1: Outside we outside, we outside ode, I'm lauring the rosa everywhere.
Speaker 2: So anytime you want your comment, your story or whatever featured, hit me up on social l O R E N l O R L s A and I'll bring it to the podcast. So there's one comment to her name is tree underscore mode on Instagram, she said oldest daughter, granddaughter, and niece on both sides. My mom is also an oldest daughter with the crying emoji face. Now there's another woman who commented and said her name is tay t s A kin ka A and E underscore M. I think I've accepted that I am the backup plan, especially with my mom passing and then adding on all these other things you are trying to unlearn and not have them repeat. Accepting that life gets hard and we can't do it all at the same time really helps. There was another person that commented, I thought that this one was really good. Her name on Instagram is Yomtastic yam t A s t i CC. She says, ladies, hyperindependence is a beautiful thing. There is nothing we can't do. However, too much hyper independence without a balance and a relationship can lead you right back where you started. It's one thing to one man that leads helps with emotional regulation, et cetera, versus hyper independent stress or trauma, which leads to a core belief that relying on others it's unsafe. And when she put that in parentheses, I'm like, yo, I feel seen, I always say, especially when I'm thinking about like becoming a mom and getting pregnant, because when a woman isant pregnant in a mother, but really when she's pregnant right those nine months, you're so vulnerable your emotions, physically, your body is different, physically, what you're able to do on your own is different. There is a different level of attachment, I'm sure to your partner, and just two different things. And I've always been scared to do that with the wrong person. And I've also always said I want to be married first. And I think, in my mind, if I'm being completely honest and open, marriage to me was like, okay, at least if we're married.
Speaker 1: We have to do this together.
Speaker 2: The older I've gotten, I realized, like I got friends my age that have been divorced that don't keep nobody, nor does no dang baby or anything like that. And I'm not even the type of girl that wants to do some things to keep a person. But the fear of being that vulnerable and that dependent on a person because you are creating life in a baby but also literally the life you are creating together. And then it's like, what if this doesn't work out? What if this person doesn't end up to be the person that I thought they were. That is such a big thing for me. So when she said that, I'm like, girl, I feel seen as people out here that feel how I feel like that is such an unsafe place to be in.
Speaker 1: Then she good to use.
Speaker 2: That's contradicting and requires healing. I'm like, oh, this girl is screaming at me right now. She is not quiet on the creek. Simply put, you can't want a man to leave or refuse to trust him or give him enough space to do so. Again, too much hyper independence may require some separate healing. There's another comment that's the last one I'll do. I am coach fancy. She says, I feel her on being the oldest child and I'm the only girl at that. We showed her so much and are so used to taking care of everything and everyone that we don't know what it feels like the step back and be taken care of. Then when someone tries, it's tough at times for us to just be without trying to take care of things ourselves. I'm a work in progress as well, girl, meet too, And it's not even just like being with somebody like as a man like I learned in my work career that it's really tough for me to kind of just like I always like to say, I'm a student, but being a student is hard when you got to be vulnerable and trust people's leadership and trust their words and note that even if they hurt it and not the best things you want to say, the intention is there, The intention is placed well.
Speaker 1: So I look, go check out the conversation.
Speaker 2: Y'all hit me up online, Laura la Rosa, everywhere, l O R E N l O R O s A. Tell me what y'all think about it. Only daughter's oldest child. I saw some younger children. I saw only male kid and the family male child in the family commenting. I think we all can share a sense of community on this, and I want to get into that conversation. And that leads us right on into the latest because Mary J. Blige and Michelle Obama and Craig Robinson, in my opinion, are doing just that. They are sharing us into community around some real life issues. Man and Marriag J. Blige gets very, very very deep in this conversation talk about a range of things. Mary has had a career for decades that has literally paved the way and open doors for so many people. But behind the scenes, behind the scenes of her grind, she was dealing with things as well too. They talk a bit about, you know, some of her childhood abuse, and we know Mary J. Blige has talked about, you know, experiencing abuse as a child and some of the different things that she's gone through, and she gets emotional as they talk through it here and talk about protecting our children and.
Speaker 3: Sick listen have experienced that level of abuse, but they haven't found a way through. I think the shame and the guilt is what has people in so much pain.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: But the forgiveness, the self forgiveness is where when the guilt and shame starts to fade away, you know, you still see it, You still like, wow, why did I happen? Why did that happen to me? What did I do? Nothing, It's happening to everybody. So forget, forgive yourself because it's not your fault. No matter what you think, it's not your fault. Forgive yourself and don't feel any guilt or condemnation about it. And that's the word too. But yeah, like I says, no guilt, no guilt, no guilt, no shame.
Speaker 2: Now that leads into a really really interesting conversation about children now marriage Oblige. I remember when she was promoting good Morning Gorgeous. She was on a lot of press. She was coming about her divorce. She was married to Ken Due, who was like her manager, you know. Also they were married fifteen years. A lot of things tied together, but they never had any children, and people would always try and have the conversation with her about why that didn't happen. I feel like she got very honest about it once she came up out of that divorce, in that horrible situation and saying I didn't want she didn't want kids because of just the things and all the stuff it took. But hearing marriage Oblige talk about how that changes when she gets older was important less sickularssen. I found that you were very intentional on not having children of your own.
Speaker 1: Can you talk about why you chose not to.
Speaker 3: I saw a lot of people struggling. I saw a lot of you know, my family members needing babysitters and them not having a choice, you know, no freedom. So when you're younger, those are the words you make, Those are the choices you make. I don't want any kids, But then when you get older, you start to see how valuable their teenagers are to them, their kids are to them. So now it's like, oh man, But at the same time, it's.
Speaker 1: Like, that's what I'm saying, y'all.
Speaker 2: I think on the surface level, it's like, oh, it's the time, it's the patience, it's the money, it's all the things. But it's also the vulnerability, Like you you really have to have a good community set up when you step into these different phases of your life.
Speaker 1: Mary J.
Speaker 2: Blige has also talked about, you know, because she had to play can do that thirty thousand dollars a month in alimony even though they didn't have kids. Once they split, she was on tour when you know, she's doing all the good morning, gorgeous and all the things, literally working just to pay off what she needed to pay off to get as far away from that or as she could. And they did share step children together. But I think everything that she went through just trying to get away from him and everything where she is now, it's night and day. And people always say, you know, like women have to be put in this like soft space to think about things differently. I don't feel like it's someone's job to do that, if I'm being honest, Although I love to hear people give me more responsibility or whoever your partner is, I think you have to put yourself in a space where.
Speaker 1: You understand what you need, what you want, and.
Speaker 2: Where you're kind of falling short and being or not being accountable on your end. Like my fear of vulnerability, I know has stopped me from a lot of things. And y'all will hear this and be like, girl, you'd be having us all in your business while you and other people business. But I know kind of what my boundaries are. I know the things that like, even if I talk about it in real life, it's like double dutch, like I'm scared to jump in about. And I think once I can do the work and get myself to the place where not only am I admitting that, but I've actually worked on it, I think my tune won't change a bit too, Like I've always known when I wanted kids, but actually planning them in real life and setting timelines for myself whole new day, brand new day. Okay, but that's because I'm coming about of some things and I'm really starting to have real conversations with myself about why I was fighting you know, children and engagement and all these things for all these years. Granted, I don't think i've you know, ever thought this seriously about that part of my life because of the people that the person I didn't have in my life. Then like now, you know, circumstances is different, the person is different as well. But I think even outside of the person, like you have to be ready to meet the challenge, like being married again doesn't automatically just change things or change a person, like it takes you to be in a cur like you got to be in game old. You know, parenting hits, children hits, balancing, career hits. And I think that's where even when people hesitate, when when I hear women hesitate about having children young, a lot of it is career too. I know that it's been that for me as well. So, you know, just listening to this conversation and see MARYA j Oblige talk about the pain that has been bestold on her from others in the roleblocks that have been placed in her life, but taking accountability for where she messed up as she was trying to get over.
Speaker 1: Them, and just being human. It did something to me.
Speaker 2: So go take a listen to that conversation, y'all and let me know how y'all are feeling about it. There's a lot of deep conversation happening to day. I'm Laura la Rosa everywhere l O R e N l O R O s A. I tell you, guys, every single episode, y'all could be anywhere with any old body talking about all of these things. But you guys, she used to be with me, my little riders. I appreciate you, and I'll catch you and my next one.