Speaker 1: Now here's a highlight from Coast to Coast AM on iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: It's Coast to Coast AM that you are listening to. Hello there. I hope you're enjoying the evening and in the shows, it's Connie Willis dot com. If you would like to join my newsletter and my shows at Blue Rock Talk, Connie after Dark and Connie Willis the Podcast, I hope that you will sign up and be a part of one of the membership shows or the free Connie Willis the Podcast. Just go to Connie Willis dot com and learn more and yes, sign up for the newsletter. You can see that on the top right where it says tap it on the top right. I know a couple of you had said, hey, where is it? I can't find this on the top right of the menu. Thanks so much for asking about that. All right, we are talking about the Silverton Bigfoot. Lots of controversy happening there, and tonight's the night where you can ask the people that were there taking the pictures and there when the video was happening, and that you heard their voices as well as talking to the VP Jeff Johnson of the Durango and the Silverton Narrow Gage Railroad. That was what That's what they were on when they were writing it, looking, you know, celebrating their anniversary and looking at the lead changes. The aspen are absolutely beautiful this time of year, and this happened October eight. So welcome back Jeff, Welcome back Stetson, and welcome back Shannon. Thanks so much for being here and sharing your old stories. Before we do go to some phone calls, is there anything else you guys want to add to what we've said?
Speaker 3: So I don't actually give an interviewed a couple of weeks ago, and it was brought to my attention, you know, in a question form of why have we never found a body? And I thought it was an interesting concept. I kind of wanted to bring it up. Excuse me. It's from a group based on North Dakota called the sheet Squatters. It's been allah.
Speaker 2: How are you doing? Give them a big shout out. They're they're cool. They're cool people, that's right.
Speaker 3: But they brought up an interesting point in concept that, you know, maybe the reason we've never found a body or a bigfoot in the wild is because maybe they bury their dead. If anybody listening or anybody that has the insight that's on the show now once a chime in on that, I would, you know, I'd like to hear from those thoughts.
Speaker 2: Okay, anything else you want to add about your sighting?
Speaker 1: Though?
Speaker 2: What? What do you How far away do you think as well? Your wife said like three hundred yards?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 2: Is there anything else you want to add to that to maybe to where you even think it was eight foot or six foot or ten foot or anything like that.
Speaker 3: I would say we were roughly, you know, three to four hundred yards away. As far as side comparison, you know, goes up the how tall big Foot was It's hard to say. Definitely, I believe well over six foot, but you know, the width of its body mass, the length of its arms, the way that it was just lumbering on the hillside and not doing a U flashy hey look at mean motion just kind of in my opinion, it kind of leads to the validity of you know, the possibility is big Foot. So but as far as the side of comparison, it's hard to say at that distance.
Speaker 2: Okay, And I think Jeff, you had something to say, you were going to chime in there.
Speaker 3: I was saying I don't.
Speaker 5: I think we've covered it pretty well actually, and I appreciate that Stanton and Shannon's kind of corroborated by thoughts about what the distance was there over the over the river, and I did know it. It was interesting that they said they talked to one of our trainmen who had mentioned something about experiencing something hiking at one point. I thought that was very interesting.
Speaker 3: I had the The reaction.
Speaker 5: Among employees has been pretty mixed, as it would be probably across any cross section, mostly skepticism, with some other folks who who do probably you know, feel strongly about it and believe so it's really interesting.
Speaker 2: Let's go east of the Rockies. Let's talk to Mark out of Kentucky. Hey, go big Blue, how are you? Mark? Welcome to thank you for taking my call.
Speaker 4: I would like to ask your guests if they noticed, as Bigfoot was walking, if the arms were hanging below the knees and they could actually see his arms smoothing back and forth, because that would demonstrate that it was an actual Bigfoot rather than someone dressed in a costume.
Speaker 2: And Mark before he answers that, before he answered that, Mark, what did you think do you think real or no, Yes, I'm a believer.
Speaker 4: I'm definitely a believer.
Speaker 2: Go ahead, Stetson or Shannon.
Speaker 3: I would say, you know, seeing seeing him move and kind of, you know, walk, The arms were definitely longer than anything I had ever seen before on any creature of any size, you know, standing straight up at full length, you know, the fingertips pretty much came down right around to the knees itself. So yeah, I would say the arms were pretty well extended, longer than anything I had ever seen any creature, any system.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that always makes a difference for sure when people are looking at that. Let's go wild Card line number three. Talk to John out of Florida. Hey there, John, welcome, You're on the air of Coast to Coast AM.
Speaker 6: Hey there Sabby and the Parkers and Gap. I just I hadn't experienced. I'm sixty two years old. Back it up in Washington State on waybe Aden when I was a kid, I was in a Scouts as we went camping up in Mount Baker and Mount Baker is notoriously known as a big foot fighting area, and we were camping up there overnight and uh, I remember, uh, in the middle of the night, we heard a rustling, and it woke us up, but we didn't there go outside of the tent. Thought it might have been a bear. But uh, in the morning, we smelled, I mean, the scout master best described the smell. It was an awful smell smell. He said, it smell like to like forty wet dogs. I mean it literally, it just it just took your breath out. It was so smelly whatever was there. And he said that that definitely wasn't a bear because of the mark. The print marks looked like humans print marks, and they were big, they were like, uh, you know, wider than humans and longer, but definitely wasn't was not a a bear. Now my question. I'm a believer in bigfoot since I was about that age. I remember that experience, and I do think that those creatures exist. My scouting experience. We have Navajo Indians who were part of our scouts. One one young man that they believe that Navajos believe that it's a shaman, that a bad shaman, that is what the bigfoots are. But the bigfoot you have in your picture, it's it's interesting because he's got some real dark uh either some dark coloration around his eyes. Or looks like you might have sold the backpacker's sunglasses or something.
Speaker 2: John Lennon was right, Lynn, Yeah, I saw that picture.
Speaker 6: I'm like, Wow, that's that's interesting. It looks like you've got some real dark shadows under his guys. There are something's going on there. I don't know what that is, but I'm definitely a believer in that after you know my experiences as a kid.
Speaker 2: So you believe that the video is real, authentic?
Speaker 6: Well, I don't know, but it's definitely. I mean, somebody can't be that big if they're wearing a suit. I mean, a human cannot be. There's not very many humans eight feet tall ors, you know, over seven feet tall. So I just I just don't see it. I just don't see that that's possible.
Speaker 2: So do you believe it's eight foot tall because of your boy scouting experience?
Speaker 6: Just by looking at the body shape? That picture is kind of it's kind of hard to but but you know, if you're on a train and you're three hundred yards away, that thing is still you know, uh, it has a human shape of a head. Like my professor in college and say that it could be the Neanderthal. You know that just like, just like the creature that's in lake in the lake over in Scotland. You know that it might have never you know that that creature survived because it it was meant, you know, with the perfect conditions. Could it be that perfect conditions may have allowed these creatures to survive, Like it could be a Neanderthal, because Neanderthals are supposed to be over seven feet tall. So I'm thinking that if they're real, there's got to be an explanation to it. So like that it must be something like a like a something like like NeSSI you know that a freak, a freak thing that that survived that shouldn't have, that wasn't suppose to survive.
Speaker 2: I guess well, thank you John for your call. Does anybody have anything to say with the dark Eyes stet Center, Shannon or Jeff.
Speaker 7: I think that we have heard everyone making fun of us for that and saying, you know, good jug guys, you got a hunter with sunglasses on. Yeah. I think my pictures really don't do it justice. And I know that you know, the pictures are super grainy and all that, but it really did not look like sunglasses to us. I know that the picture kind of looks like that, but for me, it just looks like you may maybe like a dark shadow from like deep songk eye socket and.
Speaker 2: The brow yeah.
Speaker 7: Right, yeah, And so it's just like kind of a shadow there because even if you're like really looking at the photo, it's I mean, it's really grainy, so it's really hard to tell. But it doesn't appear like there's a line during across for sunglasses or you know, even ears to say where the sunglasses would be at.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're like monocles that can go in each eye, right, weren't they monocles back in the old days. They've put those in. Yeah, I think that's where I go back to the shadows. And the time of day, did you say was around three thirty?
Speaker 7: Yeah? I mean I will verify what Jeff was saying that is about exactly the time, because you know, we can look back at the time stamps on our photos and the video, so he's pretty accurate at the timing on that.
Speaker 2: Does anybody have an idea on the temperature? Sorry?
Speaker 7: Sorry, Oh, I will tell you it was warm in Silverton that day, so it was probably and I know warm is relative, but for us living in Wyoming, it was like seventy degrees in silver Atton that day, so it's not pretty warm, you know, in the Rockies with the sun out and all of that. So you know, if it was someone in a costume, they were burning up.
Speaker 2: They were because you know, it's true, I mean, even on cooler days, because you're in that much closer to the sun, and then the elevation and just the mountains in general, that sun bacon on you is hot. I mean, oh man, it just beams on you. That's why skiers have beautiful tans from Colorado and beyond right beautiful, absolutely beautiful. I know, we've got some more phone calls. I don't know if we can take one. Maybe we can take an I don't know if we can hit one really quickly or not. Let's try it east of the Rockies, Glen Nashville, Tennessee, Glenn. If you can make it quick, we'll take your question.
Speaker 8: Okay, can you hear me?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 8: I wanted to ask if there was any evidence on this siding that this was a subterranean tap creature or whatever you'd like to call it. It's been reported by some people, you know, that that the big feet can just disappear into the ground and was there any evidence of that did it or did they see it? And why did they first recognize that?
Speaker 4: They're yeah, when you all first.
Speaker 2: Saw it was it? Yeah, go ahead, go ahead, stay so real quick.
Speaker 3: You know when I saw that it was, it was walking. And you know, again we were at a pretty far distance from and on a moving trade. Uh, so I did see it. It kind of squatted down after I called it out, pointed out, hey, look there's something moving. It looks quick, But it didn't seem like it was really trying to disappear into the earth as much as it was just kind of squatting down, blending with its environment, you know as subterranean crease.
Speaker 2: Well, I tell you what. When it cut off, I was you know, that's when I was watching the head move like a fly and me like, wow, look at that head. What does it do? You know, it's looking around hidden behind the bush. It it cut off at that point, So I guess you all got out of range at that point. But man, I wish we could have got more. Man, it was so good, but you guys, great job. Thanks. I'm so glad that Brandon got it, uh and gave it and shared it, you know, and I'm so glad that you guys also got some still shots, and I'm so happy that you all have come to share that with us. I really do appreciate that, and Jeff the same with you. Thanks so much for staying awake, and all of you were first time Coast to Coast guests, and we just appreciate that you guys have come and shared your story and your knowledge and your education. Thanks so much, it.
Speaker 4: Was a pleasure.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 7: Thank you for having.
Speaker 1: Listen to more Coast to Coast AM every weeknight at one a m. Eastern and go to Coast to coastam dot com for more