Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio. Made it to a Friday. Who that was fun day yesterday and last night. Hope your brackets are nice, tidy secure.
Speaker 2: Adam Lefko n C DOAA host on TNT, will join us. Coming up in a little bit here some surprises BCU over North Carolina. In overtime, Duke survives Siena and High Point drops Wisconsin. Oh, what kind of drama do we have in store today? It is at meat Friday. We have corn beef, We have pistrami on rye. We have beefed corn which is a Dan Patrick Show original. Our brisket and ground beef courtesy of Heartland Steak Company.
Speaker 3: That's it better than we do? Oh oh, Todd's excited for this.
Speaker 4: Sounds really good.
Speaker 2: A little pastrami on rye, throw a little mustard on there.
Speaker 4: That's a good time right there.
Speaker 2: Stat of the Day brought to you by Penadian America, the official trading cards of the Dan Patrick Show. Fritzy is here, seat and s here, Paul's here, and Marvin is back after yesterday's absence, and the audience would like to know if you have a statement that you would like to deliver or read from after yesterday's absence.
Speaker 4: You know a DP. I want to personally apologize everyone.
Speaker 5: I've learned the error of my ways, and I will never ever put Anthony Davis on your top five all time college basketball list. I was suspended yesterday because you were so angry about Anthony Davis being my starting center and my all time starting five.
Speaker 4: Forgive me.
Speaker 2: I think it might have been for another reason, but that is another reason that was egregious on your part. You also let an F bomb from Matt Leinert be delivered to the world.
Speaker 4: Oh, I forgot about that.
Speaker 2: Yes, okay, and kids could have been in the car, and it's all about the kids. But we're glad to have you back, Yes, Paul.
Speaker 6: Some of the media thought that this was a planned day off by Marvin. Your votes mixed reports, Dan.
Speaker 2: Well, I just wanted to let you have your say to the audience, special social media, especially social media. They were very curious as for your absence, the timing of your absence after what happened on the.
Speaker 3: Show the previous day.
Speaker 4: Happy coincidence?
Speaker 2: All right, First Hour brought to you by neutrofol If your hair isn't playing like it did in your twenties. That hat doesn't work. You need a different strategy. Start at neutrofol neutrofol dot com. Enter the promo code Dan Patrick, Play at the day, stat of the Day poll question, your phone calls coming up. We say good morning those watching on Peacock, thank you for downloading the app and our radio affiliates over four hundred cities that carry this award nominated program. Also Texas dropped byu TCU starting out the tournament beating Ohio State and St. Lewis Rolls, Georgia eight seven seven three DP show operator Tyler sitting by. He'll take your phone calls. You know, you start to watch the tournament and you start to and I mentioned this yesterday, there are going to be a couple of players where you go, Wow that guy.
Speaker 3: And it happens every year.
Speaker 2: And if your high Point or VCU, all you want is can we make it through the weekend? Can we get that exposure for our team? You want one week where you get all that recognition, and if high Point were to win another game or VCU to win another game, then you get the following week where you're going to have your coach being interviewed on Sports Center. You're going to get all of this notoriety. People are just finding out about high Point, and high Point is an interesting school. They actually have a steakhouse on campus. I think they have free ice cream on campus too.
Speaker 6: Yes, Paulie, high Point has been a bougie hot school for a while in the culture. You know, they have an ice cream stand, they have a steakhouse, and it all got exposed yesterday.
Speaker 4: For those who just.
Speaker 2: Learned about high Point, here is the call as high Point pulls off the surprise against Wisconsin.
Speaker 7: Und seconds. Boy, waunt it inside six seconds? Yeah, boy, they launched your court.
Speaker 8: Therella set of trailing.
Speaker 2: All right, that's the high Point University Student Radio having some fun. Somewhere in there, there's a description of what happened at the end of the game. This is how it sounded on Westwood One. Just stop at side, reverse layup, no good, plea out at side, bark shot ahead to the run the basket.
Speaker 8: Ten seconds to go, rody with the inbound the boy in a time ou't taking by high Point before the inbound.
Speaker 2: So Westwood one Radio Chase Johnston, one of my favorite players. His first two point bucket of the year. All he does is shoot threes. But in that moment, the game winning basket a two pointer. Uh, Robbie Avila was Saint Louis cream abdul Jabbar. See, you get these these players and we always look back. We're still looking back at Ali Farukmnesh Fennis Denbo.
Speaker 3: Who was there was another player?
Speaker 2: Trying to think maybe he played at Wyoming as well or Montana.
Speaker 4: Do you think it?
Speaker 6: Herald the show Arsenal Yeah, Weaver.
Speaker 2: State, Oh, Weaver State, Yeah, good call, good poll. Yes, Marvin RJ. Hunter, George, you were just stay with his dad. Well his dad was more famous than him.
Speaker 4: Correct, but he was the guy that was hitting the shots.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, yeah, Georgia Southern is that right?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, we'll get phone calls coming up eight seven to seven to three. DP show email address Dpat Danpatrick dot com, Twitter handle a DP show. Flynn Klayman is the high Point head coach, and he was pretty vocal.
Speaker 3: After the win against Wisconsin.
Speaker 9: That's pretty obvious to me that something needs to be done about this non conference scheduling. High Point in Miami, Ohio or two to oh and quad one games. We couldn't get games. They couldn't get games. Ackeran couldn't get games. UNCW couldn't get games. Belmont couldn't get games. We won twenty two of our last twenty three games, and we didn't move up one spot in the metrics, not one. We won twenty two of our twenty three. We've won twenty five games by double digits. That team, right there is a fantastic team that'd bet five top ten teams.
Speaker 3: If we can get.
Speaker 9: Games like this on neutral courts and some home games, I think we know who's really the best teams. I'm proud of these dudes. And we're not just here to win one game. We're here to get at sweet sixteen.
Speaker 2: All right, I understand it, And yes, you want to get games. You're not going to get neutral site and you're not going to get home games because put yourself in Wisconsin situation. Would you go to High Point to play a game? And the answer is no. You play a rigorous schedule in the Big Ten. Now do I like that Belmont and high Point in some of these other schools Miami, Ohio don't get to test themselves. No, I don't like that. But I'm just looking at the business side of all of this. If you play a demanding schedule, do you want to go on the road against a very dangerous team?
Speaker 10: Now?
Speaker 3: Do you want to test yourself?
Speaker 2: Sure, but everybody is scrambling, everybody's trying to improve their rating, their ranking, all of that and a neutral site isn't going to happen. The only way this happens is if high Point would get invited to the Maui Invitational something like that. But it's not gonna happen now. It's more of the have and the have nots. Your moment is right now when you get in the tournament and nobody conduct you. They can't Hot Wisconsin can't say we don't want to play high Point. I mean, high Point is a very good team, an exciting team. They score points, they put pressure on you. But got to be honest though, if I'm Wisconsin, I'm not gonna play a home game at high Point. I'm not going to play a neutral site game against them either.
Speaker 6: Yeah, pulling, But we've talked about this for years with college football, that there's not a scheduling ZAR to build storylines. Can you imagine if college basketball had a scheduling ZAR and next year high Point opens at Wisconsin or vice versa.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you don't have the same players on the team. So yes, you can say, hey, it's a rematch when it's really not unless you have your core players. They have their core players, then maybe, but it doesn't work that way.
Speaker 11: You know.
Speaker 2: And Iowa and LSU played in women's championship game, and then I said you got to open up the next year with Iowa and LSU. Well, the core of those teams was still going to be there next year because of women's basketball. They're not going pro with men's. It's just interchangeable shifting. I mean, you could have somebody at high Point on Wisconsin next year because they saw that player playing, go why don't we just take him? Speaking of money, aj Debanza got somewhere between five and seven million dollars from BYU.
Speaker 3: Now he's a wonderful player.
Speaker 2: He is Sean Miller, Texas head coach, being interviewed, Hey, what can you do with Aj Debanza? Basically nothing, because you're watching somebody who's just passing through college basketball, and he was a wonderful player this entire season. I don't know if you say, boy, we got our money's worth there. He had thirty five and ten and the first freshman with thirty or more points in the NCAA tournament debut since Steph Curry back in two thousand and seven. Staut of the day, Not you bon Panini America. So, according to Front Office Sports DEBANSA was paid between five and seven million dollars to go to BYU. They won twenty three games, they had a five hundred record in conference, a number six seed, and a first round exit. Is that worth five to seven million dollars? I guess it's in the eye of the be holder. Yes, Marvin, what a thing was?
Speaker 5: He did what was expected of him, you know, the team's success. He was like, hey, it's not my fault, we didn't have enough good players.
Speaker 2: Watching Sienna against Duke yesterday afternoon and Jerry McNamara, Siena head coach, at least for the time being, he played his starters, you know, virtually the entire game, and I like what he was trying to do.
Speaker 3: He was rolling the dice.
Speaker 2: He was saying, we can maybe steal this, that my starting five is pretty good and if we, you know, get hot, you know, we can put some pressure on them, which is exactly what they did.
Speaker 3: They were up thirteen at one point, but then you saw the shots.
Speaker 2: I'm always looking for shots, and when guys play a lot of minutes, I want to see what your misses look like. And they were hitting the front iron. They were tired, and I think they subbed with like ten seconds to go. But Siena nearly pulled off one of the greatest upsets in NCAA history, knocking off number one, top seeded Duke. It's fun, but it's a neutral site, different times of the day and night, and you get these kids where you're supposed to win these games or you're not supposed to win these games, and you see the confidence grow or you see the doubts start to creep in for those who are supposed to win.
Speaker 3: Happen every year. That's the beauty of March madness.
Speaker 5: Yes, Marvin, and especially in these David Versus Goliath matchups. It's all Division one basketball players. So some of these guys were probably under recruited and now they want to show the big schools and don't we're just as good as you guys. We just were recruited as heavy as you guys at Duke or North Carolina or wherever else.
Speaker 3: Yep, it was fun. It was a lot of fun.
Speaker 2: I mentioned that the eleven six was the new twelve to five, but high point as a twelve taking down Wisconsin VCU and eleven with their win against North Carolina Texas and eleven against number six BYU. So both elevens ended up winning and one of the twelves ended up winning as well. But this is what happens in the beginning of the tournament every single year, and it would be the same this year. As far as today and tonight, there'll be one or two surprises. There'll be one or two players where you go, man, I've fallen in love with his game. Well, that's a great story, or that's a fun team. What's poll question today, Seaton? We got a few options here.
Speaker 12: Todd has actually submitted what I would consider to be and you're perfect, Todd Fritz. Oh my god, it's the exact right amount of Todd. Okay, what was the high point of yesterday? What was the high point of yesterday? Is a high point beating Wisconsin, Sienna, putting a scare into Duke Texas, taking down AJ Debanta, and BYU VCU coming back down nineteen to.
Speaker 10: Beat North Carolina.
Speaker 12: What was your high point of yesterday?
Speaker 2: I would say VCU against North Carolina because you're down nineteen and you end up coming back. I mean, that's one of those I'd like to say it's more about VCU, but man, it might be an indictment on Hubert Davis. Free throws missed. Now you don't have your best player. You got a lottery pick who wasn't playing, but you should. You should still, well, you're up nineteen, you should still win that game. But that is not a good look for Hubert Davis. Once again, big shout out to Heartland State Co. They have provided all the meat here for our meat Fridays, So thank you guys doing it every Meat Friday for us. Even some questionable meat Fridays, they still provide. They live up to their end of the bargain. They're sort of the aj Debanza when it comes to providing the meeting. He'll be complimented, but Dylan, you know it's up to him to raise his game as the resident chef. After what happened last week in the most controversial Meat Friday, I believe in our show's history. Although I thought it was very tasty, the Indian food but we're back now. I told him you got to make a comeba here and and he did so. Heartland Steakco. Thank you for all the great deliveries gift packages that you give us. All Right, we'll talk to Adam Lefkoe. He's a big time a host for March Madness. Always great to talk to him. He's also a co host of Shack's podcast as well. How about we, Dear Patrick, shut the hell up? We take in Speaking of the Lakers, Luca drops an oh by the way, sixty Lebron and oh, by the way, triple double. They're chanting MVP for Luca in Miami last night. I believe is that right, Marvin?
Speaker 4: They're not the most rabid fan base in Miami.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying, just saying that was a little bit surprising. But you know what, I.
Speaker 2: Checked the odds, second best odds to win the MVP. Right now, it's Luca behind SGA. How about we take a break here back after this and the Dan Patrick Show.
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 13: Hey, this is Jason McIntyre join me every weekday morning on my podcast, straight Fire with Jason McIntyre. This isn't your typical sports pod pushing the same tired narratives down your.
Speaker 11: Throat every day.
Speaker 13: Straight Fire gives you honest opinions on all the biggest sports headlines, accurate stats to help you win big at the sportsbook, and all the best guests. Do yourself a favor and listen to Straight Fire with Jason McIntyre on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 2: We'll get some phone calls on this Friday seven to seven three DP show operator Tyler sitting by, who take your phone calls? First day of our Bracket Challenge, the Celebrity Bracket Challenge, and as you might expect, Philip Rivers is leading the first day of our Bracket Challenge. Last place is Rebecca Lowe from the Premier League on NBC. Second to last is Connor Hellibuck, the gold medal winning goalie for Team USA. He had a good month though, just saying Fritzie is in there and Jason Garrett, Melissa Stark, Darius Rucker, they're all tied for second place. But it's early. It's one day speaking of the tournament. He's Adam Lefko, TNT sports studio host, co host.
Speaker 3: Of The Big Podcast with Shaquill lou Neil.
Speaker 2: Whoa look, who's got a shirt and tie on today?
Speaker 3: That is not for this show?
Speaker 10: Are you know?
Speaker 3: Are you working?
Speaker 10: I'm going to take this right off afterwards, put on a black T shirt and go to work. How do you know that? You don't know that.
Speaker 2: I don't know that. But let me give you the full introduction. Adam Lefko hosting studio coverage from TNT in Atlanta. He's got Bruce Pearl, Jamal Mashburn, Jalen Rose, Seth Davis back in studio today at noon.
Speaker 10: I knew it.
Speaker 14: I knew it.
Speaker 2: You're already dressed, ready to go. You got two and a half hours ready. Can we start with the poll question for left Goo Seaton? Would you give him the first hour pole question?
Speaker 10: Sure?
Speaker 12: This is from Todd Fritz. What was your high point of yesterday? High point beating Wisconsin, Sienna, putting a scare into Duke Texas, taking down AJDVANSA and BYU or VCU, coming back down nineteen to beat North Carolina.
Speaker 10: Being on television or great job Seaton, you're the man. I would say the VCU comeback is that great tournament experience where one team is like white knuckling and trying to hold it on and the other team has like a dude off the bench dropping thirty four, which is like a beautiful combination. From like a broadcast ratings perspective, Duke getting scared but not losing is like a perfect scenario because we want our top seeds to get the ever living the Jesus scared out of them. But we'd also like to see Duke Kansas in the sweet sixteen. So I thought that was perfect.
Speaker 2: But you normally have If you look at every tournament where you have your champion, they get a scare at one point. It's rare when you just blow through people and you act like you're the running rebels of UNLV. Yeah you're going to win, but sometimes you win and it might be by a couple of points. So that might have been the scare there. But if Siana wins, I think statistically might be the greatest upset in NCAA history that I mean.
Speaker 10: I don't know. UMBC was pretty special FDU because of who Zach Edie was like this seven foot five, like larger than life, and fdu was the smallest team in the tournament. That one felt crazy. And Duke's injuries made Yesterday more explainable in terms of why they were there. But like two different scares. Howard was right there with Michigan. Yesterday hit ten threes in the first half, but the second half you go, oh, okay, difference, Duke, You're going this could be an issue against TCU. That one felt like we might be seeing actual issues here.
Speaker 2: The reaction though in the studio as you're watching games. You're not on TV. But who gives you the best reactions when you're watching these games at TNT.
Speaker 10: So Mash is like super Chalky. So Mash is like, I'm going to Cienna's up five and he's like, man, it don't matter. Cenna's up eleven.
Speaker 4: Nah, it don't matter.
Speaker 10: And I go, Mash, not all the top seeds are gonna win, Like there's going to be upset and I'm telling them, hey, at twelve beat to five every year. And then and then he's realized, because Mash is such like a man, he knows the debands a family like he really so to see him go they could lose this game. Like the realization come that was really beautiful.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Jamal Mashburn and Bruce Pearl's in there. I'm sure Bruce is at O at all.
Speaker 10: He's not like, why do you paint him in this picture? I feel like this is a character assassination. I'm going to like stand up for him, I know. And you were like tell the truth, Ruth, But.
Speaker 2: I was Tom Cruise and it was a few good men, and he was Nicholson and I just wanted to know if he was on Auburn's payroll.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was all.
Speaker 10: The thing that I like about coach is that like we'll get done a segment and like we got off there and he goes, oh that was fun. Like he's like he wishes he could do a segment right afterwards. So I love that energy.
Speaker 2: Did b YU get their money's worth out of aj Debansa?
Speaker 10: They got another top recruit coming in next year. We talked about by U basketball all season long. I know my guy Chuck has said that you can't do it all with one guy, but I think it's really interesting how sports are changing. With ni lu, Texas Tech and football were expecting them to be a powerhouse. I would imagine all that Texas money, s m U, all those teams are going to come alive. I'm sure Texas A and M is going to get some money too, but that I forget what they call it. There's like a Silicon Valley building right now in Utah, of all these tech companies in Utah, and my guy Ryan Smith with the Jazz, the money he's investing right now. I have this is the beginning for BYU because I think it's a complete game changer. I think it is. And as Debanza Debansa has a phenomenal NBA career, We're always going to mention BYU, just like when we see Kevin Durant, we talk about Texas.
Speaker 2: If you look at NIL and I had somebody works with the NC DOUBLEA. You know, we were talking about the SEC and I said, you know, is the SEC a thing of the past of you know when you looked certainly at football, and he said, you got to have oil money and you have to or have tech money because everybody's got the chance to be able to sign these players and do it legally. And that's maybe, you know, adds credence to what you're saying that if you have tech money and all you need is really one philanthropic donor who's willing to say, hey, I'm okay with this. Here what you can do with five to seven million dollars, and I think we got you aj BONSA exactly.
Speaker 10: Yeah. And then you factor in the amount of attention that Mark Cuban got for the Indiana football run, and he is like one of those established tech guys. I know a lot of tech founders and money is imaginary to them because they're going, well, my company is valued at four hundred million dollars, and I go, you live in a one bedroom apartment in the Lower East Side, and it's like it's not even real. So you need that money that doesn't even feel tangible, and I won't impact it. And oil and tech right now is.
Speaker 2: That we're talking Adam Lefco, TNT sports studio host, And if you're listening on radio, visualize Leftco with a nice crisp shirt and tie.
Speaker 10: When's the last time you were a suit to be on television? Not insulting your orange button up right now, but I'm just curious.
Speaker 3: It's quarter right by the way, Oh my god, it's textured. Yes, it's quarter roy. You know, I've fallen in love with quarter right.
Speaker 10: It's a nice material.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm bringing Have you ever gone.
Speaker 10: Quarter roight top and corduroy bottom?
Speaker 3: I would do it.
Speaker 10: Water would just flow right.
Speaker 3: It does look like picture day for you.
Speaker 10: Yeah, this is very weird. I thought about doing this with no pants and going back to like when we would do zoom calls together. But I'm getting picked up in about twelve minutes.
Speaker 2: So wasn't there that CNN analyst who.
Speaker 10: I had PTSD yesterday thinking about zoom, Like like when when the pandemic was happening, it was cool, and then afterwards people like, hey, you want to hop on a zoom? I'm like, man, I don't like I don't want to do any of this. Like I was looking around this hotel and I go where am I supposed to sit? Like do you want to see my bed that's a mess right now? Or like the table with food on it. It's a weird situation.
Speaker 2: So you co host the Big Podcast with Sequille Naw, shut the hell up?
Speaker 3: When are you surprised? When's the last time he surprised you?
Speaker 2: By the way, I think the last time I wore suit and tie probably was Football Night in America maybe, or maybe the Olympics or maybe handing out the Super Bowl trophy. I don't it's been a while. It's been a while. I have all of these ties. I probably have seventy five neckties.
Speaker 10: Do you think there could be a campaign where a Dan Patrick tie makes it into like a Hall of Fame somewhere, like a Broadcasting Hall of Fame or something like that, or like a NBA like I did.
Speaker 3: I did donate a blaze.
Speaker 2: Somebody had a sports bar and they said, hey, would you give me a blazer? And I gave them, you know, one of my suits, and they framed it.
Speaker 10: I'm like, and as funny as he didn't put in.
Speaker 2: The bar bedroom. Yes, when's the last time you were surprised by Shaq?
Speaker 10: So, like we play a game on there that started because he would go around the green room and like he'd pick up like a ritz cracker and be like, this is white people and then he'd say the S word, and so I was like, wait, do you believe everything in the world is white people stuff or black people stuff? And so now we play that game all the time, and his like he was like I was like wings, and he was like, drums are black people stuff, flats are white people's stuff. And he says it so definitively, and we I've done this with Barry Sanders and Bo Jackson and top I'm Brady and like what I did to them, I said water, thinking it's water, like we're made of water, the planet is majority water, and they both were like white people stuff. So like, I'm I'm just amazed.
Speaker 3: At black water is white people's stuff.
Speaker 10: Yeah, because I think they in their heads thought about who drinks water in the locker room and who drinks gatorade, and they were like, the white guys drink water, That's what they said. And so I'm I'm always amazed at like Shaq's Shack has like definitive theories on things and that because I'm like anything's open to interpretation, Shack is definitive.
Speaker 2: I think you need to make it bigger, that it's not just a podcast, that's a TV show.
Speaker 10: I one hundred percent agree. We've been it's my favorite. It started because we were doing NBA on TNT and Lebron was on the bench and he was eating You could see the package said red vines and he goes nah, black people call it twizzlers. I go no, I'm I'm reading the package and he goes, nah, white people at red vines. Black people eat twizzlers. And then I was like everything. I was like holding up pens, you know, like what about this table? What is this table? I missed you. I missed you a lot. And when I got the call and they were like hey, man, like they'd like to go on, I was like, that's really early. I'm going to be in a tie. And I was like, I missus, musk and so I'm happy to see you. Man. This has been great.
Speaker 3: How's the family.
Speaker 10: I don't know, if you want to know. My son is really smart, he's two and a half now. My wife is great. And my son says my full government name because I'm on television. So sometimes I'll walk out and I'll go Adam lef Cold and I'm like, you did not know my name? So life is good.
Speaker 3: Give me the surprise today or tonight.
Speaker 10: Okay. I think we're going to start with two upsets right off the bat. I think Santa I could take down Kentucky and I think Akron is going to be a Sweet sixteen team. So I think, uh, Texas Tech with j at Toppin is gonna get banged up. If I had to pick the bit, I think the Miami Ohio story continues. I think they knock off Tennessee and I think America's team advances. And if I had to pick one bigger upset, one that would like like a real double digit seed, I I Northern Iowa over Saint John's would be unbelievable. Like I love Rick Battino, and I think they're focused, but like I covered the Big East all season long, and the drop off on teams and who they play. They've played two teams in this tournament since January, and if and they and if Saint John's isn't scoring, you reach that point where you're like, how are they going to manufacture points? Right now? Everyone's like Rick Pattino. But I do have my surprise team. I guess the final four. I think Kansas makes a run. I think they go I think they go to Indy. I really do.
Speaker 2: By the way, let me go back to the Big East, because you realize when Syracuse and Connecticut wanted to play big time football, they ruined. Why couldn't you have just been the best basketball conference in America because they were that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if you could.
Speaker 2: Say to Syracuse you can give up football, Connecticut give up football and we go back to the Big East, what do you think.
Speaker 10: I think I go back to the early twenty tens when all this was happening, like twenty ten at twenty fourteen. I think it was about fear because I remember I was in Louisville and so they're in that whole ACC thing too, and it was like, why does nobody want me? Because it was all this realignment and it was it was a fear that you were going to get left out and there was so much security in the ACC. But dude, I completely agree with you. Like I went to Syracuse when Jerry McNamara was playing, and those those MSG Big East tournaments felt bigger than the NCAA tournaments. They did times they did and it was so special. I mean, the Kemba run and it was tough, but that's what's we started this conversation talking about NIL were defined by contracts of money right now and not John Thompson, like it was just a different feel.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because I was there with all of those coaches back in the eighties, and you know, we were right across CNN was right across the street from the garden, and you would have the Big East Tournament and I would just go there all day and all night, and it was.
Speaker 10: And dudes were dressed like this. That's the reason the tournament was great. You'd have dudes that were clearly leaving their office Jeffs sitting in the garden at like two forty five to watch Cincinnati West Virginia and you're like Bob Huggins could go on a run like Big East Basketball in New York was special.
Speaker 3: Man Tell Shack, I said alone.
Speaker 10: Okay, I go to good de Patrick Shall the hell up.
Speaker 3: Uh, don't be nervous today.
Speaker 10: All right, you know what Now I'm gonna be Thanks a lot, Daan appreciate.
Speaker 3: It, playing mind games on you love you guys.
Speaker 2: Thank you. That's Adam Lefko. He's a popular studio host. He gets to wear a suit and tie and I don't. He's also the co host of The Big Podcast with Shaquil O'Neal. Update the poll results, we'll come back with your phone calls and we'll have our play of the day after this. Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at Foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app search f s R to listen live.
Speaker 11: The day.
Speaker 2: This is the play of the day.
Speaker 7: Check this out.
Speaker 2: High Point University Student Radio Chase Johnston one for five on two point attempts this season and the one make was the game winner yesterday. He's sixty eight for one, thirty eight from three point range. Actually he's in three and a half point range, maybe four point range. He's going logo quick release.
Speaker 10: Man.
Speaker 2: All you kids out there, you can work on your shots. Work on a quick release, because you could have a beautiful shot, but if you don't have a quick release, you'll never get it off. That is our play of the day. Early poll results seating what do you have for me today?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 12: What was your high point of yesterday? Right now the early leaders and that one VCUS comeback over North Carolina has about fifty four percent of that vote. Next closest is high Point over Wisconsin.
Speaker 2: Play of the day brought to you by True Green. Don't waste another weekend doing your lawn care yourself. Partner with the official lawn care treatment provider, the PGA Tour. Get a golf course quality lawn the easy Way, sign up at truegreen dot com, Sit back and relax, Josh and Nebraska leads us off this morning. Good morning, Josh, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 15: Good morning everybody. Thanks for taking my call. About a year ago, I called in to let you guys know that I was going to propose to my fiance.
Speaker 3: At Notre Dame.
Speaker 15: I don't know if you guys remember, but she did eventually say yes at Notre Dame.
Speaker 3: We get married in.
Speaker 15: June, and I just wanted to provide you guys an update. I'm a high school teacher, so I haven't had a.
Speaker 14: Chance to call and yet this year, but I just.
Speaker 15: Wanted to thank you for the advice. And by the way, Adam Sandler sent us a card with an autograph for our wedding because we invited him to. I say, you guys, an invite. I say, you guys, an invite, but I haven't heard back from you. I know you obviously can't come, but again, I just want you to know you're on our Zillo account, so you are not Zillo Zila. Sorry, too many disease, But the point is, you guys are actually invited to the wedding. It's in Omaha, Nebraska. I know you can't make it, you're a busy guy, but I just wanted you to know that this is in some publicity since to try to get you to come. You were actually invited. So again, thank you for the advice. Thank you to all the people who told me where to propose that Notre Dame. You guys were one hundred percent of help and I love the show as always.
Speaker 14: You guys are the best.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Josh, and congratulations. Good luck with that. Chris and Syracuse. Good morning, Chris. What's on your mind today?
Speaker 14: Hey?
Speaker 16: Thanks Danny, you got a few things to throw at you. Yeah, after yesterday, if Jerry McNamara wants to search you job, i'm sure it's his because the South Florida coach wasn't interested. It's your point, Dan, that wouldn't happen when Syracuse was in the Big East. And yesterday you guys were talking about Michael Jordan wearing number forty five when he came back from baseball. I think it partially represented getting his fourth and fifth championship. And if he played for the Yankees in about fifty years, he could have taken number four, fifty six and I've got an awful knock headline off of yesterday's show. Les Nessman Dan's guy Freed would still be the minor League home run king. And I'm shocked yesterday when Ronda called in and mentioned that she was an ex model that first she didn't try to convince her to be in the Dan Patrick's show bracket challenge. I mean, the nex model is better than no model at all.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, Thank you, Chris. I have a great weekend. Yeah, Ronda called in said that she's a former model. Uh Buddha in San Francisco. Good morning, Buddha.
Speaker 11: Nobody happy to meet Friday boys every day is one shining moment. Welcome back, Marvin bp Luka Danceek is on a heater right now.
Speaker 7: And as Marvin.
Speaker 11: Says, he's hot of the fish crease man, I mean dropping sixty in front of BAM in Miami and getting MVP chants from Lebron's old stomping grounds. That must have been pretty cool. And damn if LUCAA hasn't scored more points in the past seven days than Anthony Davis has scored since the trade went down, I'd be shocked. I don't know, Thank you, Unikah, Harrison and Dan. I wanted to call in and back up support and shout out my man. Eric Weeks listening to the whole Sammy Seusser Gate unfold yesterday was hilarious. And I leave you guys with this DP show tailored stat of the day. March Madness brought us one shining moment, Fritzy brought us one dining moment, and Weeks yesterday brought us one damning moment.
Speaker 10: Mam. That was Emmy worthy.
Speaker 3: Thank you Buddha. Yeah, we had an issue yesterday.
Speaker 2: Was sitting in Marvin's chair because Marvin was suspended for Marvin was off for a day, and our cameraman, Weeks was trying to help, you know, and we had some technical issues and he was getting in behind the desk and he just happened to bump the Sami Sosa figurine, priceless figurine by the way, and.
Speaker 3: It broke.
Speaker 2: It shattered, It was fixed kind of. There were some people who I thought were culpable who knew it happened and then did not bring it to my attention until I brought it to my attention when I saw the chalk outline of the Sami Sosa figurine on the floor and a bunch of pieces there shattered, and so was I. But weeks the cameraman apologized and he put Sammy Sosa back together again. It was kind of a humpty dumpty kind of thing. And then I'm blamed because I put the figurine perilously close to falling off a desk. But I go back to Matt Liner dropping an F bomb. Marvin, let it be on the radio, and then all of a sudden, Marvin is not here yesterday, Sammy Sosa gets bumped because Setan then has a problem when he sits in your chair, our cameraman knocks it off and it shatters. So I can't blame you, Marvin. I have to blame Matt Liner because if he doesn't drop an F bomb, you don't get suspended, you don't have a day off. And then maybe Setan doesn't have a problem up front, Yes, Marvin.
Speaker 4: But maybe I should blame you because you didn't have to suspend me.
Speaker 3: I gave you the day off. There's a difference.
Speaker 2: Coincidentally, Yes, Chuck in North Carolina, Good morning, Chuck.
Speaker 3: What's on your mind today?
Speaker 14: Hey man, I don't want to send all our kick guy from Dallas. It calls in raising hail. But yesterday in Greenville Shubert Davis and then I don't understand how you get rid of a coach that's a player alumni coach.
Speaker 3: Media Darling.
Speaker 14: Almost his whole staff is ex players and players that played for Carolina. They don't have any out of bounds plays. But two, they're not physical. I've lost my mind, Dan. I was at the game. I coached high school ball, and that's ridiculous. Royd was disgusted. He walked out. I thought he was going to cry.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I kept watching.
Speaker 2: Now North Carolina doesn't have its best player, let's but you still can't blow a nineteen point lead. You can't. And this is another first round exit. I think it's the second in five years. And prior to yesterday, North Carolina forty eight in one old time in the NCAA tournament when leading by double ditchits at halftime. The only previous loss was twenty twenty two, the national title game against Kansas. More college basketball coverage coming up next hour to meet Friday. More of your phone calls as well. Eight seven to seven to three DP show operator Tyler sitting by the gang's all here, reunited. It feels so good. Fritzy, Satan, Marv Paula, Yours truly hour two after this