Speaker 1: From Hollywood to you.
Speaker 2: Thank you for listening to us.
Speaker 1: Ryan Air on Air with a Ryan Seacrest.
Speaker 2: It is Ryan Seacrest and Sysney and Tanya. Good morning. We get the back room is here.
Speaker 1: Good morning morning.
Speaker 3: You know we haven't talked about it. It's very obvious, but there's not much darkness this time of year. It's light a lot. Yeah, it's great light late and light. Early summer nights probably are my favorite thing.
Speaker 2: Is I get thrown off because I need it to be night, to be night.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know. I can't go to sleep when the sun's out.
Speaker 5: Uh uh I can't either, and my kids fight me.
Speaker 1: But I'm like, yo, it's like eight thirty.
Speaker 2: I don't care to call your kids yo.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I say, dude, yo I do.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, right, no, so good, it's so good.
Speaker 2: Well, we got a heat and it's gonna be out. You know, it is important.
Speaker 3: I just want to say it. We don't say it, but it's important to drink water. It's important to hydrate. Hydrate, hydrates the best way to beat the heat. Drink more water. If you're not having to go to the bathroom all the time, then you're probably not drinking enough water.
Speaker 2: Should never urge.
Speaker 1: All the time, all the time, like a schedule.
Speaker 2: But yeah, it was.
Speaker 3: It was just what Vegas one hundred and twenty for the first time in decades.
Speaker 1: It is unreal.
Speaker 2: Palm springs one twenty four.
Speaker 1: That is so wild?
Speaker 2: Can I give you a.
Speaker 1: Tucson I would walk.
Speaker 4: To class in one hundred and twenty four degree weather.
Speaker 1: And that is unreal.
Speaker 3: What you should be doing is freezing your fruit. It's a great way to have something refreshing and beat the heat. Freezer bananas and freezer blueberries with this weather.
Speaker 2: Hm.
Speaker 4: And grapes all right.
Speaker 2: Grapes too. I love frozen fruit tastes like grape stats.
Speaker 3: Frozen grapes tastes like candy, candy, Frozen bananas like a popsicle, popsicle frozen. Are you what are my hype man over there? You're gonna repeat It's Friday Friday and blueberries actually do well frozen too, and you put those in a shakes A freeze idea.
Speaker 2: Your fruit, freeze your fruit for a Friday.
Speaker 3: It is mostly Sunday today and all weekend eighties ninety one hundred plus plus plus. We have a busy show, which is great to end up the week here, tickets to go see Olivia Rodrigo every single hour. We've got the morning hack on the way for traveling this summer. There's one thing you should never do in a hotel room if you want to avoid bedbugs, and you might want to check well. I don't want to tell you what it is, but you you might want to check the drawers. Oh, tell you more about that in a little bit. Paul Russell's got new music with Megan Trainer. That's right, and he's coming by. Plus we are going to Wittier a little bit later for our hometown hustler.
Speaker 2: And free gas. That's the other headline you should know.
Speaker 3: We have free gas for It's a free gas Friday, meaning free gas every single hour this morning one at two point seven. Kiss at them, July twelfth. We're gonna make it. We're gonna get through it. We're gonna be into the weekend. We're gonna help get you there. All hands on deck Friday morning. Kiss How are you? Sisini?
Speaker 2: Give us a quick check.
Speaker 1: I'm good.
Speaker 5: I was acting as an engineer this morning, installing a new light right here on my monitor.
Speaker 1: So I feel very like.
Speaker 2: Why wasn't the engineer doing it.
Speaker 1: I don't know why.
Speaker 5: Actually I felt like it was like plugging in a USB.
Speaker 1: I'm like, I got this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's pretty simple. Yeah, it's pretty He's looking for tasks. They're like tasks early in the morning. I mean, they're here, right, It's almost like you want something to go wrong to justify them being here so early.
Speaker 5: Oh, something went wrong early, early in the morning, and it was handled.
Speaker 1: There was like what I miss our monitors.
Speaker 5: Like went blank, so you couldn't see like the songs, you can't see the commercials, you can't see anything.
Speaker 3: So the or at least that happened before the show that generally happens during the show.
Speaker 5: Yeah, exactly. And then you got to drive blind and it's not exciting.
Speaker 2: It's like it is.
Speaker 3: It's like being in a cockpit of a plane with no instruments. It does feel a little uneasy, you know, Tanya, Quick up, Dane, how are you you know?
Speaker 4: I would describe my week as the melting face emoji, you know, the little face that just like melts. It's like, why, it's just been a lot of like little things. I showed up to a meeting at for thirty on a Tuesday when it was really four thirty on a Wednesday, like literally showed up ready to go. Yeah, it way across town.
Speaker 3: Because you've decided to cut back on social media and drinking, you can get thrown you off. Now.
Speaker 4: I'm like, I don't know what ways up because everything seems to be out of wax and maybe I need to like get back into my old routine of just being on my phone all the time and drinking rose.
Speaker 2: Do you like onions?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 2: Okay, well eat more onions. What does that do?
Speaker 3: It reduces body heat, cools you down, calms you down. Yeah, it's a good trick. If you're feeling a little anxious, eat onions.
Speaker 2: Can you grill them? Because I don't really.
Speaker 3: Like Yeah, I actually like a row but I burke those, But yeah, grill them.
Speaker 2: But eat onions. It cools the body down.
Speaker 6: You know what.
Speaker 4: Onions are also really good for cold cleaning your grill, your barbecue grill.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, that's true. To scrub the webber down. Yeah, all that crusty stuff that gets on there.
Speaker 4: Learn that on TikTok.
Speaker 2: All right, good morning, back room, let's see we've got ruby.
Speaker 3: How are you.
Speaker 1: I'm good? I feel good.
Speaker 3: Didn't sound too enthusiastic. Okay, you're like, I'm questionably good. I'm good, I'm good, I'm right, I am good.
Speaker 2: All right. Friday morning, MICHAELA, how are you feeling hired?
Speaker 1: Ready for the weekend?
Speaker 2: Why are you so tired?
Speaker 1: Long week? I think I don't know.
Speaker 2: It was the same amount of week. Everybody had your same week.
Speaker 3: Melty face or two melty face for sure.
Speaker 2: Marianna, let's hear the good vibes. How are you hey, I'm good?
Speaker 3: Are you?
Speaker 2: I'm great? Thanks? Any good news, Marianna in your world?
Speaker 1: No good news.
Speaker 4: I'll have to keep you updated.
Speaker 3: Oh we're just a boring bunch of group of radio people this morning.
Speaker 4: What about you?
Speaker 1: Ryan? How are you?
Speaker 3: Actually?
Speaker 2: It was kind of excited to get in this morning. I was. I was very excited. Was here a little early. I was calling Mark.
Speaker 4: I know, chat very stressful when you're here.
Speaker 5: You were here like like forty five minutes earlier than your usual time.
Speaker 2: I know. I wanted to watch you guys all come in.
Speaker 3: I have a log. I have a log of whom when which I just like to But I had an enthusiastic conversation with Mark before the show, and he's always Mark, you roll out of bed, pretty chipper.
Speaker 7: I tried to, yes, And like I've said before, I always like to sing on the way into the radio and that when when I get here, I've been.
Speaker 2: A good energy. I don't remember you ever saying that. I did say that, Yes, he did.
Speaker 3: What we must have all missed, like, what are you saying.
Speaker 2: On my way on this morning? Whoa whoa, whoa whoa Wow. Let me find what I need here.
Speaker 3: That's not what I really wanted, but it was close. Mark, Why don't you give us some Brina Carpenter?
Speaker 7: Well, I don't know that my singing works in a setting like this, like in my car. Yeah, if you so.
Speaker 3: Every day? Just to see that, Mark? You don't carpool with anyone.
Speaker 2: Do you? No? No?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 3: Okay, good, all right? Who I was gonna have to apologize to old carpool of people? Thank you for that. That got me in the mood.
Speaker 8: Now.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 3: I love being here, I love seeing you guys, love being on a Friday. I want to get into it in a big way. Let's find out what we missed overnight before we get into some free gas Friday actions.
Speaker 2: Sisity, what happened?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 5: An La Commission voted to evict the owners of La Caretta, home to a beloved olvera street attraction known as Elburum, despite a city council attempt to save it. The city of Glendale is using firefighting goats to keep its community safe by clearing out dry vegetation, and the Las Vegas MGM is in negotiations with Beyonce for an exclusive residency. Talks would reportedly have Beyonce performing at least one Hunt Rich shows over a four year span.
Speaker 1: And that's what happened overnight.
Speaker 3: You know, you asked me why I was in such a good mood. Maybe it's because I heard there's a Devil Wears product sequel in the works. That kind of struck me.
Speaker 1: As between that and Shrek five, I.
Speaker 2: Mean indespicable me for at the box office, not going on.
Speaker 3: Siciny has decided because it's very important to have a routine, and he's got a regular schedule. A routine is critical actually, and when you change your routine it can throw you off. And when you're not in your routine, it can certainly for like, for example, I have we have these desk chairs, right, what are they called stools?
Speaker 8: Right?
Speaker 3: These stools they're all sort of nice tools that swivel, and they have arms on them. Well, my arms were up when I came in down. Oh yeah, I couldn't find them. We don't have I don't know my arms went up and down so forth that I have arms on my chair. I think tubs just installed them for me and not you guys. But I didn't realize that they were. I thought there happened that they're movable. So I've just sort of thrown off at the beginning of the show without the arms.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and as things can throw you off. I have lumbar support, yet I don't ever use my back.
Speaker 1: Do you ever sit all the way back in your chair?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: So I have severe back pain right now. I don't know why we're all.
Speaker 5: I mean, at least me, I'm kind of always either like hunched over, which is horrible posture.
Speaker 4: You should wear that Taylor Swift sports bra that straightens your posture.
Speaker 1: Maybe I should.
Speaker 2: Are you talking to both of us? I'm fine with both of you.
Speaker 4: Get you for Christmas. I'm done. I'm done.
Speaker 3: What I'm doing now is I'm watching presumed innocent while my knee is on the ground and my foot is on the sofa to stretch my hip flex or you ever tried that? Oh?
Speaker 5: So I can I need to visualize this again, Please give me a demo.
Speaker 1: I will describe what.
Speaker 3: You're doing basically like this, So my knee, my knee is going to the ground right now, yes, sitting on it to stretch my.
Speaker 2: Hip flex Okay, yeah, yeah, yeah. Foot is flat on.
Speaker 1: The chair right right, Okay, sitting nice.
Speaker 3: Stretched positions to watch my series and that will be my What's on the wee can Watch List series coming up?
Speaker 2: About that.
Speaker 3: So I bring this upbout routines because Sistney, you've decided to alter your bedtime routine.
Speaker 2: You know, I've.
Speaker 5: Always been very relaxed when it came to my bedtime routine because I've always kind of like prided myself like, oh, I only need like five hours and I'm fine. Yet I'm starting to feel and maybe it's this new decade that I'm in. I don't I can't get by with just five.
Speaker 2: What does it take now?
Speaker 5: I'm trying to get at least seven to eight, and I'm kind of hovering between six and a half and seven.
Speaker 1: So I'm baby steps.
Speaker 3: Makes me happy that finally you need more sleep, because it's difficult when people walking around out.
Speaker 2: I'm fine on four point two hours.
Speaker 4: Shipper is a dipper at five hours of sleep? What's not?
Speaker 5: I feel like it's affecting other elements in my life, and so I'm like, I need to get more sleep.
Speaker 2: So how are you then rectifying this? What's the correction?
Speaker 5: So we put the kids down about like eight thirty, and then at that point, I don't I don't go back into the living room.
Speaker 1: I don't start.
Speaker 5: I don't get you know, if I'm going to watch a little bit of TV, I'll make sure to watch it in my room. So that kind of like changed the game a little bit because before I would go back down to the couch and that would be like another two hours.
Speaker 1: Who knows.
Speaker 5: You get into like two episodes of some show, and then before you know it, it's almost midnight.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I my parents been staying with me, and so I just get up and leave dinner when I have to go to bed.
Speaker 2: If they want to eat late, I just literally stand up your way of doing the dishes.
Speaker 3: No, living with me is not fun because I have anxiety if the minutes are going by that are past the time I need to go down because they can't just go to sleep the second I put my head on my top. I need time to like get into the calm down. So I need thirty thirty five minutes just to calm it down to get into the sleep.
Speaker 4: Sidney, Can I suggest something to get you deeper?
Speaker 1: I'm not doing your tape thing.
Speaker 2: Just give me one night she's not taping her mouth show.
Speaker 4: Give me one to two nights of the mouth taping, and you're going to be a changed woman. I'm not joking. You sleep deeper, and I think my jawline's getting more chiseled from it too. I'm not kidding. I'm not kidding. It does something with like the tongue, your tongue placement that night.
Speaker 5: I'd rather try them making out thing before bedtime than doing the tape.
Speaker 2: Are you doing an endorsement for tape?
Speaker 4: I should please mouth tapers come at me.
Speaker 2: Mouth taping for sleeping or.
Speaker 4: Like, No, I just bought it on Amazon. I don't even know the brand, but it just literally.
Speaker 2: Just its specifically for your mouth.
Speaker 1: Correct. Yes, this exists.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Oh my gosh, it's like a huge like phenomenon right now.
Speaker 5: No, I understand that you are into it? Does anybody else do it?
Speaker 3: But the thing is like, Okay, I tape my mouth shut, and then what if someone's there to capture me?
Speaker 2: How do I scream? I'm already I can't scream.
Speaker 4: To text myself really quick.
Speaker 2: They've already gotten that effect. They've used your tape to tap your ankles.
Speaker 4: I'm telling you, just give me just one night.
Speaker 2: All right, Well it's a good try time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but your neck line looks tight this morning. Hack is next if you want to avoid bad bugs, bed bugs in hotel rooms, not just in beds. Do you ever unpacked? Do you want when you get to a hotel, do you unpack? Or do you look out of your suitcase?
Speaker 5: Tanya, even if it's one night, I will unpack.
Speaker 4: I stay in my suitcase.
Speaker 3: I tell myself I need to unpack, but I generally just you know, dig through my suitcase and it's a disaster.
Speaker 1: But you know what's been a game changer for me packing cubes. I'm a pack cube.
Speaker 2: I think those are good best person.
Speaker 5: And so everything is like I have all of my shirts and things and I'm gonna weary? Are my outfits like these are?
Speaker 3: So? Then you put the yeah, closet inside the cube.
Speaker 1: Put them in the drawers in the packing cubes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm not so organized. But they say, if you close in the drawers of the hotel, your shirts in the drawers, put anything, the socks you're in the drawers. Be careful because bugs live inside the wood crevices, the wood cracks.
Speaker 1: Now that is disturbing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so the best way to avoid being bitten by bed bugs, don't you us?
Speaker 2: No, tape your mouth shut. Tape your mouth shut for everything. But I don't know that struck me. Today's quote, let's get to it.
Speaker 3: Ninety percent of the people in your life are temporary, So do what makes you happy and makes your life better. Isn't that crazy? Ninety percent of the people in your life are temporary? Oh my gosh, yeah, it's true. Ninety percent of the people in your life are temporary. So do what makes you happy and makes your life better. Think about all the people in your life, like my husband.
Speaker 1: My kids, Like I don't want them to think they're.
Speaker 3: They're the ten everybody else. Look look at all of us. I mean, we're not going to be there forever?
Speaker 2: Are we? Maybe we will be.
Speaker 3: Don't think of this, we will you know, well I think we will, but maybe so worth ten percent. But ninety percent of the people in your life are temporary.
Speaker 2: So do it makes you happy? What is it? What the chuckle it's about?
Speaker 4: It's just funny because yeah, it's like ninety basically is all what you're saying is all of us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, your day to day people that.
Speaker 3: Your day to days won't be around forever. No, but that's supposed to be happy. Quotes Friday morning a very confusing quote. Uh, you know, Mark, I was seeing it on Tuesdays. Maybe on Tuesdays we do those quotes that are cynical, right because Tuesday's a rough.
Speaker 2: Day, right?
Speaker 3: Or Tuesday cynical quote? Tuesday just once a week's fine? But why not be Tuesday is always a little bit of struggle. Let's have a let's have a laugh.
Speaker 1: I like it. Switch it up, Okay, So for.
Speaker 3: Example, next Tuesday, next week, I will do you are more than enough, way more so dial it back.
Speaker 2: Cynical Tuesday quotes.
Speaker 4: Their cynical quotes are the best.
Speaker 1: They just hit different for me.
Speaker 3: I appreciate them because they strike me as Yeah that's true. Don't go back, dude, That's what it means too much, slow it down.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it makes me think of like certain people and then I'm like.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, cynical quote. Tuesdays, I don't hate it. We're gonna play match game, and you want to play match games. Friday Magic, It's literally my favorite time of the show. Match came for Olivia Rodrigo tickets. That's what we'll do in a second. For Sisney with the headline FM Headlines with Sisy Well.
Speaker 5: A woman was arrested yesterday under suspicion of shoplifting thirty times from the same TJ Max in Long Beach.
Speaker 1: The city of.
Speaker 5: Glendale is using firefighting goats to keep its community safe by clearing out dry vegetation. The era of renting a movie from a kiosk is over. Red Box will officially be closing all of its DVD rental kiosks. And today it's National French Friday. McDonald's, Burger King, Wendy's, and Taco Bell are among the restaurants offering deals on fries.
Speaker 1: Today on air with Ryan Seacrest, that.
Speaker 3: Song it just stands out. Yeah, I mean, you're an artist, you want to make a song that stands out? There is a class on it this the second you hit that song, you know what that is. Yep, I got a feeling about that song. I had a feeling about Sprinted Carpenter's Espresso that's shot to the top.
Speaker 2: Yep. Tony's taking credit.
Speaker 3: She just did her twinkly fingers in the air that she did in the Miami Swimsuit Show.
Speaker 1: Song is another one.
Speaker 2: It's a good one.
Speaker 3: We got actually the mix for a Friday DJ Trible XL with hits in the mix for you back to back in a little bit, and Paul Russell is like literally on his way up in the element. We love Paul Russell, a little boo thing. He's got another song, this one with Meghan Trainer. So we'll check in with Paul Russell. I think we actually said when you've got your next song, come over and here you exactly.
Speaker 2: So thanks Paul for coming on back.
Speaker 5: And he's for what I think is usually these artists come with like their manner and their team, Like I think he's coming solo.
Speaker 4: Yeah, last time I feel like he was. So he was forty five minutes early.
Speaker 1: Driving himself.
Speaker 2: So the first one.
Speaker 3: Breakout for Paul Russell, little booth thing, play.
Speaker 5: The new one, his sister did the circle and play and was him in the circle?
Speaker 3: Lie?
Speaker 1: Nos o?
Speaker 2: What's with you? And now calling everything lies?
Speaker 3: Have you noticed that's I did notice that it's the only thing we hear when we say something lies.
Speaker 2: No, No, we're not lying. We are fact.
Speaker 3: We literally are saying either what we believe, what we feel, our view or a fact.
Speaker 2: We're not lying.
Speaker 3: All right, let's play match game. Please about two condescens on the line. This is always fun. Diane and Angie for Friday playing for Olevy Rodrigo tickets into it Dom in August. Let's say lo to our contestants. Everyone in Norwalk. Meet Diane. Hi Diane, Good morning in Norwalk.
Speaker 1: How are you hi? Good morning, Ran, How are you super good?
Speaker 3: Thank you for listening to us, Diane and Norwalk. Tell us about yourself.
Speaker 6: Well, I'm home, waking up, getting ready to go to the living room and work.
Speaker 2: Oh you work from home? What do you do from the living.
Speaker 6: I look for a hospital, so I'm just home.
Speaker 3: You can work for the hospital at home, Okay, MA, explain that to me later. All right, Diana's contestant number one, It's so nice to meet you. Hang on one second and get Contestant number two, Angie.
Speaker 2: Good morning. You're contestant number two. How are you in Lancaster? Good morning, Ryan, I'm doing great. Tell us about yourself. We're excited to tell us about yourself.
Speaker 6: I work for the school district. My oldest is a huge Oliver Rodrigolfan and we're hoping we went today.
Speaker 2: What's the name of your oldest?
Speaker 1: Keep here with me.
Speaker 2: Hi Alienic, good morning.
Speaker 5: Hi, good morning.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you sound like we saw.
Speaker 3: It before we start to I agree, No, I'm the same, all right, you too, well, good luck. Diane and Angie are contestants. Here's how it's gonna work. We will give you a phrase with a blank in it. Our panel here of Tanya, Ruby, Tubbs Siciny will write down what they think should go in the blank. Then we'll hear your answer and see who you match with. Okay, okay, all right, here's the first one. Contestant number one, Diane. This will be you, Angie hain tight Diane, Yours is blank. I don't say it out loud, but blank mouth, blank mouth. Think about that, blank mouth. What do you think the panel's gonna say? Blank will be in front of mouth, blank mouth and let me know when you got your answer, Diane.
Speaker 6: I got it.
Speaker 2: What'd you say?
Speaker 1: Big mouth?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, I would have thought that too, would me? Speaking to you? All right?
Speaker 5: I said big mouth.
Speaker 4: I also said big mouth.
Speaker 9: I said big mouth too.
Speaker 3: Tubs dry mouth.
Speaker 5: That is discussing, and I want to come back to back to Baker's field.
Speaker 3: Okay, uh, Diane, good job, that was very easy. Let's go to Angie.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 2: Angie, yours is shoe blank.
Speaker 3: Think about that. Shoe blank. You and Eleana there shoe blank, think about it.
Speaker 2: Okay, let me know when you got your blank.
Speaker 1: I'm ready.
Speaker 3: Okay, Angie, what'd you say? Shoebox, shoebox, shoebox, shoebox. Okay, tistany shoebox?
Speaker 1: Said shoe size?
Speaker 2: Tanya?
Speaker 4: I said shoehorn.
Speaker 1: Ruby, I said shoe rack.
Speaker 2: Dry mouth got chubs horn?
Speaker 3: M No, I'm so sorry, Angie, Eleanna.
Speaker 2: I actually want to take a second. That doesn't seem fair. Mark. You gave the blank mountain and of course everybody it doesn't matter. It's unfair. I don't like it. Angie. You win, Diane, You and both of you guys are getting picked.
Speaker 6: Thank you, Thank you.
Speaker 2: Angie and Leanna. You're going to a living Rodrigo.
Speaker 3: Hey, thank you, Diane, you're going to congratulations, Thank you both for listening. Good luck at work, school, hospitals, everywhere you're going today.
Speaker 2: Okay, thank you so much.
Speaker 3: You're welcome. Totally unfair, completely unfair. I like you should be unfair more often.
Speaker 1: Because every gets on the line.
Speaker 7: Though.
Speaker 2: That was so easy, too easy.
Speaker 4: Big mouth, Like, what else would we say?
Speaker 3: Joining us now? It is our friend. By the way, you are a man of your word. We said when you were here for the success of Little Booth Thing. When you've got another hit record, come back in person and here you are, Paul Russell.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm happy to be back. Oh my gosh, I love you guys. When when way?
Speaker 3: So?
Speaker 2: How long ago?
Speaker 3: Was the the craziness of this song?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 2: But how long is it ago? It seems like it's it's been a minute.
Speaker 8: It's been about a year, I guess. Yeah, it's our year on August last year.
Speaker 2: Wow?
Speaker 3: Okay, And how has life changed for you?
Speaker 8: Just how do you frame up the changes in life? Oh my gosh, it's been insane. I mean a lot of travel, like I have never traveled as much of my life, like doing going on tour for the first time and all of that stuff, which was incredible seeing all these wild places. And then yeah, I mean well when the song came out, like the week the song came out, I was like working a desk job.
Speaker 2: So in that way, everything is.
Speaker 3: Wait, So when you travel, would we recognize you walking through the airport?
Speaker 2: Would we know that's Paul Russell? Or do you cover?
Speaker 5: Hey?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I don't really. I don't change my face, no disguises for me.
Speaker 3: You know, I think you want to be recognized, right, yeah, yeah, no, I'm I like it because it feels Yeah, it feels good.
Speaker 8: But I realize a lot of people only know what my hair looks like. So if I wear a hat, then you know, it won't happen. So if I was like there was a jingle ball where I like, you know, I performed and then I went to like a restaurant across the street and like people would see me, and so then I put on a hat and then no one ever came up to me, And I was like, this is a fun Like Superman.
Speaker 2: It's like he's got the hat on, He's not.
Speaker 3: That's not It's a signature vibe for you. What about have you been in an uber or a car where lit bou thing comes on and they don't know you're in the car?
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh all the time? What do you do?
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's well I usually say nothing, but if you're with a friend.
Speaker 2: Oh, they'll be like this this is hi, turn it up exactly. We're so different.
Speaker 3: Like when a promo comes on for the Morning show, when we're in any car, we're like.
Speaker 2: That's our show, that's.
Speaker 1: That's if a commercial comes on, that's me.
Speaker 8: That's I should Yeah.
Speaker 2: All right, So we got new music we're going to talk about here.
Speaker 3: A new song, Slipping featured Meghan Trainer is out today, and we'll talk about tickets to go see Paul Russell.
Speaker 2: How the two of you link up? Wow?
Speaker 8: Well we I guess we had some mutual connections, uh, and so someone I don't even remember how it all happened, but you just ended up reaching out about the tour and we just kind of became friends from that, and so that's how you know, this song came about.
Speaker 2: You know, made the song.
Speaker 8: And then it was weird to just be like, oh, why don't I text this to Meghan Trainer?
Speaker 2: See if she likes it. She's got a good sense of humor. She's fun, she's fun.
Speaker 8: Yeah, she's a really good time and like her family's amazing. Like I've you know, been over there and met everybody, and so yeah, it's a you know, it's a good person to be hanging out with.
Speaker 3: The last time I saw you in person, we were standing together on the American Idol stage and I was talking about the fact that you're going to be going on tour and opening up for her.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Yeah, crazy, Wow, that that feels like it was so long ago and here we are now. You know, I guess the tour is happening pretty soon, which is crazy.
Speaker 1: And big venues, big venues.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I.
Speaker 8: There's so many venues that you know, I didn't like, I didn't know what Red Rocks was, but yeah, I know that's the thing.
Speaker 2: Everyone knows about it.
Speaker 4: It's a dream bucket list for sure.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh. Yeah.
Speaker 3: People kept being like, you're gonna be at red Rocks, Like Red Rocks is a outdoor venue in Colorado.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sure, I knew what it was.
Speaker 8: Yeah yeah, and it like apparently apparently well look if I say something wrong, I don't I've never been there, but apparently it's like in a cave or something, or it like looks really I don't know, you're not in your head like you might know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, everybody's sound like I haven't been, but it's off that day list because everybody talks about like the acoustics because it just bounces off the cave and it's just like really really good.
Speaker 1: I want to go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's wild. So I'll tell you guys how it is. But or you guys can pull up. Let me wind this down.
Speaker 3: Here's this the plan here, Paul Russell is in, We've got free gas to give away. Next, DJ Triple x L is also gonna pop by he's got a Friday mix.
Speaker 2: Then we'll get to slipping Paul's new track Kiss. If I'm hang on. You're a trained DJ, Paul Russell, right, you can mix. I don't know how good I am. You know, I'm good at picking some songs.
Speaker 8: You know, I'm not really the transitions I'm working on, and I'm working on it. You know, maybe you'll see me up up there DJing at some point.
Speaker 3: But uh, well, you know, there's there's something I think connective to that song that we just played. Their Million Dollar Baby and Little Booth Thing. Like when you play that Tommy Richmond song, it just jumped like the second it starts, it stands out. It just jumps out in front of everything else that we're playing. And Little bou Thing did the same thing. This is second you start that song, don't you It just jumped at you.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 8: No, I think I think it did have that impact for a lot of people, which which I love.
Speaker 2: I think. Uh, you mentioned DJ.
Speaker 8: I always think about how I feel like being a good musician is a lot like being a good DJ, because you have to like figure out what's going to stand out to people, like like what's gonna make people have the emotion that they want to have so that they stay on the dance floor. You know.
Speaker 3: So you you go back to the drawing board. After global success of Lowboo Thing, you were going to desk job. This happens, your life changes, and now there's the pressure to do it again.
Speaker 2: Right, It's like, what where did you start?
Speaker 3: Because I'm gonna play what you did that's got real heat behind it, But where did you start?
Speaker 2: What were you telling yourself?
Speaker 8: Oh my gosh, Well, definitely in the beginning, it was just terrifying being like, oh my gosh, like I'm gonna have to keep making music and hope people like it, you know, But I mean gladly it's something that I just enjoy doing. But I think for this song, you know, a thing that I do a lot of times is I'll just think about what's the sort of music that I really want to listen to.
Speaker 2: But I just haven't heard anything that sounds like that in a little bit. And there's like a category of songs.
Speaker 8: I don't know how to define it, but it's songs like like just a Friend by Bismarcky or like like like Miss Jackson by It's like something. Yeah, it's like hey there we go. Okay, yeah, but those songs just make me want to sing along at like three am at the top of my lungs, you know, And I feel like I've wanted more music like that, and so kind of part of making this song was just being like, Okay, let me try to make something that I myself would love to like sing at karaoke or like would love to scream at three am somewhere.
Speaker 2: So wait, what's the sample on that? Nothing? We just it sounds like something.
Speaker 1: I heard it for the first time. He was just like, it's there's something there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's not. It's funny.
Speaker 8: What we did was we it was actually like the producer on the song and I sat there and like recorded ourselves singing and then used like AI to make it sound like a girl. And then and then that was the sample, you know, which is not a sample at all.
Speaker 2: So that's so fascinating. Cool.
Speaker 3: So you used a similar like architectural structure to the song because it's an instant, instantly.
Speaker 1: Familiar almost exactly.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's the trick making.
Speaker 8: I definitely think the goal is to make stuff that you feel like you've.
Speaker 2: Heard it before but you haven't. Yeah, that's how you know you're tapping into something, or you.
Speaker 3: Just feel like you know it immediately, right like, oh, I've heard that song once, I know it. And a real uh read on a song moving us is when the three of us awkwardly look at you and dance.
Speaker 2: While you're in the studio while we listen to your song. I think that's a real.
Speaker 3: I love it and shout out to Megan Trainer, who's awesome and it's great to see you guys working together. So Slippin' is out today and tickets you go see Paul on tour with Megan are on sale at ticketmaster dot com. Love having your energy, love seeing your success. Man, congratulations, thank you for coming in, Thanks for having me. Guys, big hugs. Keep the hat off. We want to know what you want to recognize you and say hi. It's kiss up.
Speaker 1: On air with Ryan.
Speaker 3: We're saying earlier, you know, as it gets warmer these days, get hot freezer, fruit, freezerr bananas, Freeze your blueberries, freez your grapes.
Speaker 2: Freezer raspberries.
Speaker 3: If you want a good crunch, a raspberry freezes really well for a nice refreshing crunch.
Speaker 2: Wow, freezer fruit.
Speaker 1: I got to your freezer.
Speaker 2: I've done any of it, but I'm just saying you should freeze the fruit.
Speaker 1: It is all coming from experience.
Speaker 3: The banana is what you do is with the bananas, you peel them, put them in a zip block, freeze them, and then you pull them out and they're literally popsicles.
Speaker 2: I didn't mine in peanut butter or almond butter.
Speaker 3: Yum onny, what happened to you?
Speaker 4: Lies, I've been doing a lot of frozen bananas because of my Now I'm in my protein shake era and uh, and.
Speaker 2: It gives a nice thickness that shack y.
Speaker 3: Well, let's get into this very exciting I'm a hustle bad uh segment where we here an inspiring story of sunny It was doing something as their day job and just decided to give it up for.
Speaker 2: Some reason and pursue a passion and make it work.
Speaker 3: And Jessica go Dinez in Wittier has a very inspiring story. Jessica has created something a business called Churro a Moore. But you were working at a call center for Kaiser Prominente for a while.
Speaker 6: Jessica, Yes, I was for three years.
Speaker 3: So what what would you say? Like, what would you what you have to deal with on the phones?
Speaker 6: Just cutomers calling in to make their appointments with the doctors?
Speaker 2: Got it? And what hours did you work?
Speaker 6: I worked different shifts because I was like an on call position, so it just morning shifts usually. Is it our work?
Speaker 3: So you work in at Kaiserperminente and what inspired you to give that up and pursue this dream for churo Amore and basically start your own catering experience.
Speaker 6: I got pregnant with my second rainbow baby and I had to go on leave pretty early on and during that lease, I you know, I was thinking already about starting this business prior to that, and after I had her, literally a month after I had her, I launched it and started my I did my first.
Speaker 2: Catering and what is churo Amore.
Speaker 6: Chuto Amode is an on site catering dessert service and we cater over fourteen different services for all your party needs. We go from Chuteo Sunday's, Tuto's Popcorn, Cline, Candy munchiese Mini pancakes, and so much more.
Speaker 3: I mean, you were doing good work and important work and scheduling people's appointments, but look at the fun and excitement of your Your job is at Trudeau A Moore.
Speaker 1: Yes, I mean, with.
Speaker 3: All due respect to Kaiser Permanente, it sounds more, sounds like more fun it.
Speaker 6: Is, And I'm working for myself, for my kids, and I'm not making somebody else richer. You know, I'm showing my girls that we can do it, not just because we're grows, but we can do what we said our minds to.
Speaker 3: That's right, honorable mention for your second rainbow baby. What's that baby's name?
Speaker 6: Her name is Sophia.
Speaker 3: Sophia, thank you for the inspiration. It's such a great story, don't you hear this stuff? And seeing yourself? Well, maybe I could do it? Yeah, I mean I should give it a shot. Maybe I should take a swing. So it's called Tudeau a Moore based in Whittier, serving laoc Ie at Turtle Underscore.
Speaker 2: A more on Instagram.
Speaker 3: Jessica Godinaz, thank you so much for coming on and continued success on your path of happiness.
Speaker 6: Thank you so much for having me.
Speaker 2: Okay, you're welcome. Bye.
Speaker 3: For me, it's always like you have to have courage to take that step. I mean, there, she's having a baby, she's got her full time job, but she's going to take a step to do something she loves which makes you happy.
Speaker 2: But can you pay the bills? And she is. I love that And look at the picture the pictures.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying, who doesn't love a tootle? There's two or three of them in these pictures I'm looking at for sure. Right now, Tanya is talking about a recipe for a hot girl summer. Sophie Turner apparently is sharing hers. In the Trending Report definition of hot girl summer.
Speaker 4: Uh, that's a great question.
Speaker 2: Actually you just asked us to come up with I.
Speaker 4: Know, but like I know, it's like a vibe. Hot girl summer is like a vibe. I need to look up the actual definition.
Speaker 2: What do you have your recipe for aqual summer?
Speaker 1: I think it's just like the simple things. Uh, step summer nights in the backyard.
Speaker 2: To the chair.
Speaker 1: I have a few chairs? Is it like that's my chair or yeah?
Speaker 3: I mean do you have a chair? Like I have a chair outside. I go to my chair in my slippers my chair.
Speaker 1: I don't have a chair, but I should pick one.
Speaker 2: Well, the home depot, that's what doers.
Speaker 5: Get more we have we have chairs. I just don't have like I switched a chip basically. Yeah, sometimes I lay on like I have a little couch area and then like I do have like a bigger chair.
Speaker 1: I'm like, yeah, maybe I should pick one.
Speaker 2: Get your chair? All right? So hotgirl Summer's what Hot.
Speaker 4: Girl summer is just being you, just having fun and not giving about what anybody else is saying.
Speaker 2: Okay, go for it.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 4: So it's been oh my.
Speaker 2: Gosh, are you okay?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've heard lies, yes and peeps like that morning.
Speaker 4: It's been almost a year since Joe Jonas and Sophie Turner broke up, which, honestly, to me, time is flying because I feel like that was literally just yesterday and she is dating that new guy, what's his name, Peregrine Pearson. But she was asked for the recipe of her hot girls summer, and this is what hers consists of, playing with my kids, hanging out with my best friend friends, drinking some cocktails, enjoying the sun long may it last. And so I was thinking about just kind of hot girl summer your recipe for there's like a different vibe about summer. Mine is definitely being out in the sun Apperol Sprits. To me, that is like the quintessential summer buzz.
Speaker 5: I just know it really is right now for whatever reason, like these last two summers, Apperol Sprits is like has pushed Rose out of the way. And yes, everyone, let me make one for you. I make the best one I just bought. I just bought these apparel. Like they're not Apperle spirts, but like these big like goblet type wine glasses that aren't glasses, they're like plastics, so you can.
Speaker 1: Have them outside in the backyard. They won't break it.
Speaker 4: It's such a loosey, goosey vibe for me. But anyway, card games and then sleeping in, being.
Speaker 3: In the sun apperl spirits, card games and sleeping in. All right, Sistney, what's your recipe for hot girls song?
Speaker 5: I think I would add aperol sprits to mine, as well as like my drink of choice, getting more sleep, and like I said, being out in the backyard on like summer night, summer nights specifically, it's like right when that sun is setting after you walk the dog at five thirty and you get back and it's like perfect.
Speaker 1: You don't need jackets at night.
Speaker 5: That's like amazing singing with Savella and playing Monopoly with the twins.
Speaker 3: Well, yours is very different than my hot girl night summer tell us, So my hot me night summer would be I'm just using you know it to work for both genders. But mine would be my slip ons okay, not my thongs and my slip offs, yes, your slides, my shorts about my knees with the draw string hanging down, not tied.
Speaker 4: Like woh vibes.
Speaker 5: Why do I picture like a good night time routine for you, like extra skincare. R like extra skincare, like moisturizing his face at nine really kind of just doing a facial for himself.
Speaker 3: And a nut like a nut mixed nut blend of something with Georgia by my side or cut watermelon outside shorts.
Speaker 2: With the draw strings and a loose fitting shirt. That's my night.
Speaker 1: Nice summer concerts too. You have to add that one to lose oh on movies outside.
Speaker 3: So if you're going to try to beat the heat this weekend. Got a few things that we've all been watching that wanted to share with you on our weekend watch list, the weekend watch list.
Speaker 2: Just would we end up watching? Did you see?
Speaker 3: I saw that the NFL's thing about adding an extra game to the season, which then could if they do take the super Bowl into President's Date weekend, if they make some other changes making it a three day weekend, having the super Bowl on a Sunday with everybody off on a.
Speaker 2: Monday, genius idea.
Speaker 1: I like it.
Speaker 3: Call your local congress person because that would be amazing to have a I think we should have Monday off after Super Bowl Sunday as.
Speaker 2: A national holiday.
Speaker 1: I feel like half the country takes it off anyway.
Speaker 3: But don't you think it'd be great if they could time it slide it so you would actually have the super Bowl on the President's Day weekend.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and then you could still even plan a little weekend getaway and then watching the super Bowl.
Speaker 1: Some that's like not your house. I mean the options here.
Speaker 3: It changes the mood of the nation for me. All Right, very presidential, Sisnaney, what's on your weekend watch list?
Speaker 1: Okay, So Summer House.
Speaker 5: Everybody was all buzzing about this last season, season eight. There's just a lot of drama regarding some of the castmates on it. It's basically like nine Strangers, almost like a real world put in modern times, and they have a summer house in the Hamptons and they all work in New York during the week, but then they party their faces off on the weekend in the Hamptons for those like three days and then they go back to work. Anyways, I got so obsessed with season eight and I finished it that I started the whole series from season one and have finished.
Speaker 2: It this summer.
Speaker 5: And it's the perfect show to watch in the summer because usually when it airs in real time, it's not Summertime, so I highly recommend it.
Speaker 1: That's Summer House.
Speaker 3: It's on Peacock Summerhouse, Bravo and Peacock A right, Tania, what's on your weekend watch list?
Speaker 4: Okay, so no surprise here, but Love Island USA is my entire personality right now because the show airs daily except for Wednesdays, So every single day there's a new episode. And this is the time of the season where it's getting so juicy, Like I am so obsessed. I talk to people online about it constantly.
Speaker 3: Like you've see the time, If you've seen a couple of seasons of it, is it the same thing?
Speaker 4: It's time, So you would think I love your point because I really appreciate that. But somehow every season is so different. So the format is the same, so like when they do movie night, you know what movie night means, but the drama is so different every season. It's magical, all.
Speaker 2: Right, Ruby, what's on your weekend watch list?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 4: This one is so good.
Speaker 1: It's called Your on Air on Netflix. I am huggd.
Speaker 9: Yes and Kayla actually recommended this show to me and I just have been like binging the first season. But it's about a respected judge's son who is involved in a hidden run that leads to all these lies and deceit and it's just, oh my god, it's so good.
Speaker 1: I've been wanting to get into that one. It's really good.
Speaker 3: Well, speaking of a courtroom rolls my We can watch this recommendation is Presumed Innocent. It's on Apple TV Plus. It's Jake Jillenhall. He stars in that. It's this terrific murder in Chicago and blah blah blah blah blah.
Speaker 2: I just watch it. You're gonna love it.
Speaker 3: Thing is, I've been watching what my parents been saying with me. I've been watching with my parents and there's a lot of bombs and there's scenes and I just make clear my thro I'm so uncomfortable watching streaming shows with my parents next to me. It's very awkward, and I know they feel awkward too. The thing is it only comes out on Wednesdays. So you got to do that deal where you wait how many year around? So far six of eight?
Speaker 1: Okay, that's not bad.
Speaker 3: It is if you've seen six and you want to start the show, Hurry, hurry, hurry. Presumed Innocent, Apple TV Plus, what's on your weekend watch those. Feel free to let us know if there's something that we should check out too. You can reach out to us here eight hundred five to one to two seven. That's kiss, all right there. You hear at the sound of the Olympics, Yes, gets you excited.
Speaker 2: It is exciting.
Speaker 3: They're gonna be here in La the Olympics, at the World Cup, coming, at the Olympics, coming and in.
Speaker 2: Paris what two weeks out? They're exciting.
Speaker 3: At sistany's been looking at where the athletes stay. It's the Olympic Village. They stay there, and what happens when they are inside system.
Speaker 5: Well, if you're thinking it's some sort of luxury hotel vibe for them, it's quite the opposite. It's more college dorm lifestyle.
Speaker 1: I would say, fun.
Speaker 5: But not if you're trying to stay focused and you know, compete and win, which I think all of them are. So the curiosity when it comes to their bedrooms actually kind of happened when they were in Tokyo and it went it went viral that they had like the cardboard beds and all that so that the athletes wouldn't be hooking up. And yes, apparently these beds are back, and some of them are made from recycled wood or recycled cardboard, which is kind of wild to me that you would have a bed out of cardboard, but they put yeah, if it's engineered correctly, they put a real mattress on it, but it is a twin size bed. This year, a big controversy is that apparently there's no air conditioning in some of these uh places where they're staying, except for I guess Team USA announce that they're going to be bringing their own AC.
Speaker 2: That's crazy because it hot in the summer in.
Speaker 5: Paris exactly, so they're you know, I guess they're handled and apparently it's not quiet at night.
Speaker 1: You're living in a dorm room. You can hear through the walls.
Speaker 5: It's a tiny bed, you're sharing a bathroom with like six people. And then when it comes to like different schedules to say, like the swimmers, for example, they're done competing way before maybe some other teams, and so they get they're done competing, they come back, they're partying and all of this while other people are trying to get sleep because they have a big competition the next day.
Speaker 4: That's what it was like when I was in my sleeping porch when I lived in my sorority house. It's like a room full of bunk beds. And if somebody had a class at eight a m. Their alarms going off at six and it's just constant alarms from like six.
Speaker 3: Why do they call twin sized beds twin sized beds? Very twins can't fit in those? Always confused me, I thought, Oh, it's not too small because you're gonna put two bodies in it, right.
Speaker 1: No, I don't understand why it's called the twin side.
Speaker 5: Should be a single right, single bed, and then there's a fool that one should be the twin And then, queen, are you.
Speaker 3: Sure the picture you're showing me is a is a cot size back?
Speaker 1: That's what a twin size is?
Speaker 3: A twin size is? I mean, that's who's why are the mattress firm? Somebody still put.
Speaker 5: It into perspective my twins, My actual kids sleep on a twin sized bed and they're children, So I guess if you are taller. So there are some athletes, I mean, look at the basketball players. I don't know who Mark tell me hilarious, Hell, you're killing ANYWAYR fix this some of the taller athletes can request customized beds or bigger beds if they're gonna be hanging off of their legs and stuff like that.
Speaker 3: And I what strikes me as wow is no ac Yeah, that I could not believe.
Speaker 2: Let's see if that is true when we get there. It is Friday morning. We made it to the weekend.
Speaker 1: Thanks for having us on nice.
Speaker 2: It's a vibe.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be fun, it can be hot, It's gonna be fun weekend. I think for some people around here. Let's go around the room. Sisney, what you got this weekend?
Speaker 5: I have a kid's birthday party tomorrow. But you know my family right now, we're very into Monopoly.
Speaker 2: And I heard you talking about that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I taught the twins and they're obsessed. Like the other day.
Speaker 5: Max and said, Mommy, you know what, I think we could just get rid of all our other board games because this is the only game I want.
Speaker 3: To play for the rest of my Like, we've got a real banker.
Speaker 2: I know he's obsessed in the family. All right.
Speaker 3: The therapy for tany this weekend.
Speaker 4: Big Friday plans for me Today.
Speaker 2: Be better, You'll be better for Friday.
Speaker 3: Night.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I do at therapy today and then we're doing a big barbecue on Sunday outside exciting Ruby.
Speaker 2: What's up for the weekend?
Speaker 9: So I have two pop ups for Al Chiletha Hot Sauce. I'm really excited. Tomorrow is Good Boy and Friends. It's a wine festival. There's like over forty natural wineries and we're teaming up with a chef Taco Scene Settle.
Speaker 1: They're going to do like Al Chiletho collab.
Speaker 9: And then Sunday we have the summer pop out at Carlo's Fresh Market in Highland Park. We're teaming up with Chef Camilla for that with a bunch of El Chiletho.
Speaker 3: Dishes and Elchilito is Ruby's family. It's homemade hot sauce if they sell around l A. I have to tell you, I got some new clippers and I forget out how to put the guards on them. I've charged my clippers and I will be trimming my hair. I was gonna trim my body here last night and I had to charge my new clippers and I couldn't forget to get the guard to snap on.
Speaker 4: So yeah, that's tricky.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna lay down a towel and trim.
Speaker 1: Wow, just do it outside.
Speaker 3: No happy weekend. It's gonna be fun for all in our own way. Enjoy your weekend. Sounds like everybody's got a little something going on to the back room. Thank you for everything, MICHAELA, we didn't get much from you this morning. Is there anything do you want to share about what's up for your weekend?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 5: I am going to a music festival tomorrow and a concert tonight, but it's they're both outside and it's too hot, so I'm stressed.
Speaker 4: What festivals outside tomorrow? Sad summer fest? The main? Oh, the main?
Speaker 2: Mariana, what are you gonna do?
Speaker 1: I still don't know. The plans are open the air. There's no telling, like I didn't you have.
Speaker 2: Any Is there anything that could come to fruition?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 9: I might go to Ruby's event, so everyone.
Speaker 2: I might do that.
Speaker 3: I love the support. Well, thank you Backram, thanks everybody in here. We are back Monday. It's a Ryan's roses. Check this out, so carry this with you over the weekend. She found a list, okay, a list in her husband's desk, and it's not even so much the list that bothered her as much as where the list ended, or where the list did not end.
Speaker 2: The list does not end what is on that list.
Speaker 3: I think you can come to your own conclusion and figure that out, connect the dots. But we will talk about the list, and we'll make that Ryan's Roses Call Monday seven forty sweeta Carpenter tickets also next week, every single hour and if you missed anything this morning, we had a lot of fun. I can rehash every moment, but we had a lot of fun this morning. If you missed any of that, more on the podcast On Air with Ryan Seacrest, on demand, wherever you get your podcasts, have a great weekend or one.
Speaker 2: Thanks for listening to On Air with Ryan Seacrest. Make sure to subscribe and we'll talk to you again Monday,