Speaker 1: Hey, everybody, Welcome to this afternoon edition of The Daily Zeitgeist aka The Main Trends Movies Continue. I'm Miles Gray and I'm here joined by my guest co host, Blake Wexler.
Speaker 2: Hello, Blake Wexler, Hello everyone, This is Blake Wexler. I'm going to bring it entirely different energy to this one because this is trends. This is not time for fun. We're chaos. This is real stuff that's timely that we need to get out the door. Hold you to it quickly so you understand what's going on in your world. Myles, thank you so much for having me. Jack O'Brien, if you're listening, you're missed, and.
Speaker 1: That you have been replaced by an Ai Bye.
Speaker 2: A young man.
Speaker 1: Don't laugh by don't laugh.
Speaker 2: We're being serious now. It's not funny and nothing is funny. I'm glad you brought that up. Nothing's funny.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: This is serious. Let's give them the facts.
Speaker 3: Yes, the first fact, the first fact. We'd like to call this episode Facts for the Afternoon. The first fact we are going to give you. This is a very fascinating story that we're here hearing about. We are going to have another Matrix film. It does sound like yes, And this sounds.
Speaker 1: Like a joke when we talk, there's there's gonna be a new Matrix movie. I'm sorry, I'm not professionally, we're back. Sorry, we had to do it. Yeah, sorry, the programming just doesn't it just doesn't work for that long. But anyway, there's a new Matrix movie apparently coming out. This one will be directed by Drew Goddard, who made The Martian and Cabin in the Woods. It will be executive produced by Lana Wachowski, uh the co director of the Originals and also made the last one, Resurrections. I don't know who is going to be in it from the cast, but it sounds like the press release does make it sound like the new movie is going to be like an extension of the existing franchise rather than you know, like a remake or a reboot, because like we do, I'm sorry, like a reboot, like a full on reboot of the Matrix would be disastrous, I think, and no one should do that.
Speaker 2: Just leave it alone.
Speaker 1: We already have enough problems societally because of what the fucking Matrix even had people thinking. And you still have people to this day be like you we folk with the Matrix. Yeah, yes, I do.
Speaker 2: We don't. This thing doesn't need to be reloaded again, you know, no, let it be.
Speaker 1: What do you do after it's You've been reloaded, You've been resurrected, you've been revolutionized. Yes, well then what the fuck comes after that?
Speaker 2: Uh? Coronated?
Speaker 1: Does that have to be an R word?
Speaker 2: And our Oh I guess it does. Restored the Matrix, Matrix restored. It's so not captivating it's been restored. Yeah, it's the digital remix, the remastering.
Speaker 1: Oh, the Matrix remix remix. That would be with like Dancehall airhorns and then.
Speaker 2: All the bullets just travel even slower.
Speaker 1: Yeah, ohow, yeah, not good. I was such a big Matrix fan. I actually have not seen the latest one because at the time I think it was like just in the pandemic and I was just so I mean, the pandemic continues, but I was just so like, hm.
Speaker 2: What the fuck?
Speaker 1: Man, Like just I'm just gonna keep watching The Simpsons over.
Speaker 2: And over again for no more variables. We need to do it now, Yeah, Simpson's the Office.
Speaker 1: The way I regressed, like into a time machine, I was watching The Waynes Brothers show. I mean, I U still love the Wayne's Brothers as a kid, and like watching it again, I was like they kind of they actually touched on some really good topics on that show. Watching it in hindsight Jamie Fox Show, I mean, they all age a little bit weird, but the Jamie Fox show age is particularly weird because Jamie's character like just never took no from an as an answer from a woman, and You're like.
Speaker 2: That's tough.
Speaker 1: Yeah, He's like, come on, go on a date with me, and like let me just hound you. The whole time You're like, oh, JAMEI and like even the fucking characters like oh Jamie, and I'm like, oh Jamie, No.
Speaker 2: I really wish this scene would end really soon. It was like, oh, here it is again. Okay, all right, they keep doing that.
Speaker 1: Please please. But anyway, Lana Wachowski said that the movie the reason why it's coming back, apparently it was the deaths of her parents and sort of that's what kind of motivated her to sort of make the film and like cope with all the grief. Just said, my dad died, then his then this friend died, then my mom died. I didn't really know how to process that kind of grief. I hadn't experienced it that closely, and then just said, it's just going through my imagination. One night it just hit me and I was crying. I couldn't sleep, and my brain exploded to this whole story and I couldn't have any mom and dad yet suddenly I had Neo and Trinity arguably the most most important characters in my life. So yeah, it could be good. I mean sweet never Yeah, did you ever have did you ever dress like the Matrix? I?
Speaker 2: Unintentionally I had the ugliest pair of unintentionally I wore a leather horse like it.
Speaker 1: Unintentionally Matrix.
Speaker 2: That was a tough one. Yeah, it was just a bad style, is really what it was.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: I had those sunglasses where I don't know if they were ever in fashion where it was like the smaller lenses, you know that that covered the eye and nothing else.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like hacker glasses.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, Gami Loft just calls them. Yeah, hacker glasses is so funny, That's what it was like.
Speaker 1: Little yeah frames.
Speaker 2: And in middle school I did wear a massive leather cape as well, So I don't know if it's no, I didn't. I didn't know, But how sick would that have been a cloak?
Speaker 1: I would have believed it? Wait, what was that one guess that one time we had on where you said you were the sausage king of like Carolina or like fucking Philadelphia, and it just completely was absorbed. I do you remember when it's happened. I think I were you were co hosting, and I still think of that time of your delivery being too slick, that it just completely went over that some of the guests had and they're like, oh, yeah, uh huh, that sausage thing.
Speaker 2: That happened to correct it. No, I've saw you af and then I saw you do the mental gymnastics of is this something? Do I be a good Samaritan?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Exactly. Don't believe he's a liar. He lies, that's his snake. Yeah. I did something like that in high school. I told my class someone said their dentist used the thing that sucks stuff out of your mouth like water, salive or whatever. They called it, mister thirsty.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, it was suction tube.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and like, oh, like here comes mister thirsty. Which is true that that happened in the story, and then I said, that's what we call our pet camel, our family camel. And then they moved on and people just thought, I my family had a pet. The Wexler's had a camel, which we which we didn't and I never correct.
Speaker 1: Energy is so interesting that somehow it's so malleable to someone that it could be like, yeah, he has a camel and he's a sausage King of Philly. Yeah, so yeah enough, Yeah that's his gio. Oh he looked, he looks it.
Speaker 2: Sorry, which one's true? Is he this? You can't be both, So which one's true? Is he the sausage King of Filly or does he have a pet camel named mister Thirsty too?
Speaker 1: Truth is in a lie, I'm the sausage king of.
Speaker 2: Two truths in a ie.
Speaker 1: Hello everyone, Wow, he's back, folks. He's back, and he's he's he's expressed up worse than ever.
Speaker 2: It is bad.
Speaker 1: Let mean, Also, this is what happens when you co hosts. I'm like, now We're just gonna be chatting shit the whole time, and I'm trying to tell people what the fuck is trending on the internet.
Speaker 2: We need to know. Everyone needs to know.
Speaker 1: Everyone does need to know. Actually, the next thing that is trending.
Speaker 2: Let me look here.
Speaker 1: I have so many tabs that I think my computer it's okay, it's smoking and not the good kind.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, no, no.
Speaker 1: Charlie Kirk. Yes, Charlie Kirk is trending because I think, you know, whenever, like Charlie Kirk has some new thing that he's like screaming about. It's a good indicator of that sort of how the Republicans or the like, the Conservatives are trying to mainstream a terrible backwards idea. And now it's clear because of like the full on on soughd on body autonomy, abortion access, it's now it's clear that they're coming for birth control too. Like it they they keep whittling away at birth control again. Is first it being like immoral, being like it's not good for people. Now this time it's Charlie Kirk. He's saying that. Just listen to him. This is this is his attack on birth control, which I'm sure we'll start. We're gonna hear a lot more of on Fox News probably coming up. Mm hmm.
Speaker 4: A lot of them are on birth control too, and birth control like really screws up female brains. By the way, every single one of you to make sure that your loved ones are not on birth control. It increases depression, anxiety, suicidal ideation. Birth Control is the number one most prescribed medication for young ladies under the age of twenty five. They will give birth young ladies birth control for pimples, for acne, for to control their moods, their period. It is. It is awful, it's terrible, and it creates very bitter.
Speaker 1: Young ladies cutting up.
Speaker 4: That then manifests to a political party that is the bitter party. I mean, the Democrat party is all about bring us your bitterness. It's like we'll trade you, you know, bitterness for stuff. Essentially, that's like the Democrat Party.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is just there's nowhere to start because it's obviously just a bunch of fucking horseshit, because they're trying to bring this into the discourse about the dangers of it. Yeah, it's basically the birth control to Democrat pipeline, I feel like is the also part. It's like, hey, if you don't care about your family's mental health, then maybe here about this. Maybe you're an in cell or misogynist and you want to have a convenient way to blame some external factor and not your own repulsiveness as a human for your lack of human connection. It's birth control screwing up their brains.
Speaker 2: Man, it's overprescribed.
Speaker 1: That's what's going on.
Speaker 2: Everyone's on it. Liberal men are on it. He also, it's weird because it says his Wikipedia says he's thirty, but he has the eyes and brow of one hundred and fourteen year old man and the chin of a fetus. So it looks like his chin receives some sort of birth control that prevented it from coming to term.
Speaker 1: What an interesting analysis of Charlie Kirk's face he just gave.
Speaker 2: It's crazy obviously, all all his political and not it's not political, it's you know, he has no humanity whatsoever, and he's an awful monster and.
Speaker 1: Whatever whatever has to be said, he'll say it.
Speaker 2: Yeah anyway.
Speaker 1: Again, it's also, this is just part and parcel of like how the GOP and Conservatives work. It's like, Hi, i have no expertise in the field of medicine, but I'm about to fucking say some shit that all of you need to listen to as if it is the gospel truth handed down from the scientific medical community. Yeah, it's just a man. November. Take your time, I keep saying as I think about, take your time, take your time, Take whenever.
Speaker 2: You get a shot. Yeah, whenever you get a chance. November. Yeah, no rush.
Speaker 1: Yeah. The other thing is billionaires are trending, not just like because it's so in and fashionable. I guess it is. When you think about this headline from the Guardian, all billionaires under thirty have inherited their wealth. Three research finds no fucking shit Like this is what a lot of people have talked about the first wave of the great wealth transfer. As you know, as these older people, you know, some still hanging around from the Silent generation somehow all the way to the boomers. It's time to just hand over the keys to the young kids and hopefully they I don't know, I mean, we'll see what this wave of young billionaires looks like. But it is interesting that that stat like just clearly the people who are like, there's like a nineteen year old billionaire right now just because like their grand their their father was like owned the like like the luxotica that makes like all the sunglasses or whatever. But yeah, they said. Over the next This is from the Swiss Bank, UBS said quote, during the next twenty to thirty years, over one thousand of today's billionaires are likely to transfer more than five point two trillion dollars to their heirs. How do we calculate this number? Simply by adding up the wealth of they twenty three billionaires who age seventy or more today. Wow, great, cool, cool cool.
Speaker 2: I would imagine ninety nine percent of billionaires over the age of sixty also inherited their wealth. Yeah, I know, Like it's just is the same thing over and over and over again, exactly.
Speaker 1: Oh man, could you imagine like I didn't, like I think of stuff like, oh, I wonder if like, uh, you know, like my grandparents' time share, Like do I get that? You know what I mean? Do I get this car that like my dad has or some shit. But if you're if you're looking at your fucking like parents grandparents, like I can't wait for this motherfucker to die. It's like it's a wild position to be it because I will be balling out of fucking control the second they stop. That's wow, wow, wow, wow.
Speaker 2: What would you rather have? What would you a racist father? For their or.
Speaker 1: Their money or their money, yeah and their money switch that out, yeah or both. But yeah, I think that this also says that because of it, millennials, apparently we are poised to be the richest generation in history. Just need just need more, I guess of the elders to pass some stuff on.
Speaker 2: Can I ask you a question, like us as the richest, does that have anything to do with like a inflation? And then b is that evenly distributed amongst US millennials or is that like some millennials or is that.
Speaker 1: No, they're just saying it's probably because generationally where millennials are at, they're gonna be the first generation to be able to scoop up a lot of this money and then they'll piss it down to gen and Alpha or whatever. We call them, the iPad children of the earth. Yeah, but yeah, anyway, again, I'd love to see a change of heart from billionaire kids. Maybe maybe do something fucking piss off your grandpa or something with your by funding you know, abortion access or something like that. Yeah, yeah, try that, And I get it. You can't say that out loud and you have to play the part or else, maybe that elderly parent grandparent will be like, I'm not giving you a fucking dime. The weird shit that you've said about equality. Hell no, you're probably gonna give this sh it away.
Speaker 2: Bottle that up, and then when they finally die, just say, you know what, you don't even have to ruin your reputation, say a liberal stole it, and then magically it made its way right Like.
Speaker 1: This slave money has been in our family for generations. Have you piss it away suddenly? No? No, no, no.
Speaker 2: No, do not do not, do not disrespect your elder.
Speaker 1: Uh whatever, but insert name of dynastic slave family here. Yeah, Ernest Bell, Yes, the Ernest Belvidere. And if you're an Ernest Belvidere, hit us up to you know, we're down to take some money and we'll do whatever you want with it. We'll not spend it if you want. If you want us to save it, we'll save it, and by that we will spend it.
Speaker 2: We also love to accrue interest. Yeah, so whatever that percent is, it's not up to me.
Speaker 1: Yeah you and guess what my crew is interested in your money. And maybe we'll just rob you. I don't know, we'll see anyway. Just words, just just semantics words. All right, let's take a quick break and we'll be right back. And we're back. Taiwan is trending because rescue operations are happening right now. There was a seven point four magnitude earthquake that right now it's killed nine people. Many are injured at least in that they're saying nearing a thousand. There are people trapped in tunnels and some other things. It's really really really grim. It's the strongest earthquake to hit taiwans is nineteen ninety nine.
Speaker 2: There have been and there's there are earthquakes over there, like it's not like oh oh yeah, yeah, just.
Speaker 1: All over I mean Asia in general. I mean like it's there's just a lot of earthquakes and you know a lot of buildings, Like you see, there's a lot of stories coming up about how like the larger buildings are protected with all these like counterbalances. It's wild to see like the actual technology that is employed in a building for like, no, this like massive sphere is just gonna be like a counterweight, so the thing doesn't just like wobble and snap in half. So that's how those buildings are still afloat. But yeah, just earthquakes. I mean I was in Earth. I was in Japan right after that other big earthquake happened at the beginning of the year. Yeah, and it's they're not they're not fun. Although there's some footage of like there's like this Taiwanese like newscaster who like through the earthquake is just like unphased. And I get it. When you live in an area that is pretty earthquakes are common, you just kind of have that thing, like all my relatives and there's an earthquake, theys go, oh earthquake, mm hmm. And meanwhile, like her majesty, she'll be she's not used to earthquakes, like even because she didn't even grow up in California like I did, where we have earthquakes, She's like.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, what do we need to go.
Speaker 1: I'm like, no, man, like it's I hit, it happen.
Speaker 2: What are you gonna fucking do?
Speaker 1: Like, it's we're okay, We're okay. Luckily we're not in like it terribly. We're not horribly built building or anything like that. But yes, it is.
Speaker 2: It is all perspective with that. I remember I've been you know, knock on Wood fortunate enough to be never be in one of the bigger earthquakes that you can be in. But years ago I was doing San Francisco Sketch Fest and they were doing some of the shows in the I think it was like the San Francis or California Academy of Sciences or something like one of these museums, and they hadn't exhibit. I don't know if it's still there where. Uh it's they reinvate it's yes, a living room that they made shake yeah like like and it was supposed to re enact what a whatever the magnitude of earthquake was that the huge one in San Francisco, and I remember being I knew what was going to happen. It wasn't one of these I walked in there. I knew it wasn't real. And the lack of control that you feel in that situation, where to the Majesty's credit, you you don't understand it's it's incomprehensible unless you felt it beforewards. Oh so everything's moving, everything, everything that's still no that that tea cup right there completely.
Speaker 1: The earth underneath me is wild'n out right now.
Speaker 2: It's quaking. Are you telling me that the earth is quaking CRRCT.
Speaker 1: They had one of those two at the California in LA. There was also like I think just because we have earthquakes like all up and down California, that like this must have been like a thing that all these places had, like yeah, go ahead, the couch, I'm going to rock the fuck out of you. Yes, yes, yeah, anyway, So I hope that the rescue operations are successful because earthquakes are very fucking scared. Have you been in one?
Speaker 2: Have you experienced some small small ones in LA? Like never really? I was in a high rise once for one, and it woke when you're woken up out of a dead sleep, by wan, that's pretty oh scared. I'm trying to think of what states of mind that would be the most concerned or the worst times to have one. I guess like being woken out of a dead sleep was pretty bad. But also if you're just going about your day and you're fully aware, that's not good either.
Speaker 1: I feel like taking a ship would be really bad because you're already like I'm surrendering to the toilet right now, and if it's shaking, I'm like, do I need to prioritize like running out of here a shitty mess, or just being comfortably just you know, take me having a bowel movement.
Speaker 2: It's the most spots I have.
Speaker 1: I'm like, yo, man, if a fucking earthquake happen, I don't know if I will get up, I'll just be like, Yo, let's just fucking let's do This's.
Speaker 2: How do I want to be found? Do? I Like, if my percent of survival running out and to use your it's a shitty mess, is like three percent more likely to survive, It's like, I'll just take whatever comes my way. If it's ten, still probably twenty. I clearly want to die. In this scenario it's a ninety nine percent chance of survival, I'm probably staying in that bag on.
Speaker 1: Bring it on. Yeah, Honestly, I had the other day like there was a like all right, maybe too much that there's a package that I had to have I had to sign for that it was coming. I was on the toilet and part of me was like, maybe I'll just let them put this thing up and I'll just go to the FedEx place to pick it up. And I really had to. Then I had to very frantically get out it's again. And that's when I realized, Man, in a lot of situations, I may just die on.
Speaker 2: The toilet, yeah, or you could surprise yourself where I've had a similar situation. But it's like, I really wanted this package. It's like a new jacket that I wanted, and it's like, you know what, I've never been able to stop the toilet process before in my life. I wanted that jacket so bad. I was like, nobody, you are done, this is done for now. Wash My hands ran out signed for.
Speaker 1: You had That's because you wanted to sign for a jacket that you wanted and I had to just make sure it was my dog's heart medication. A big difference. But look, priorities, priority, I hear you. It's different, man, these pet meds. They're so fucking expensive, dude, They're so expensive. Yo, man, somebody sponsor me please, heart Guard, Next Guard, Trifectus, Paraguard, Frontline, all this other shit.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: I got two cats and a dog man and a baby now too. Bro, My god, please look, if you see me doing an ad for you know, fucking Boeing or something in the future, just please know, listeners, I need a bag to help offset some of these prescription, pet costs and childcare because my values have changed anyway. And then finally, last thing that's trending, George Carlin is trending because I remember the dudez Ai George Carlin set that went up and everyone's like, oh, yeah, is this what the fuck is going on? So apparently Carlin's estate has settled their lawsuit with dude z and it's basically coming down and yeah, it's it's there, it is they it's it's no longer a problem for the carl and estate. I think the bigger thing here was whether or not it was actually written by AI, because that was the thing that was very contentious, Like the voice thing, sure, like there's AI voice models, but the thing that I think I was dubious about too was just sort of like this whole thing about like no man, it listened to all of his material and then like the Cadence and all that, and then it just it just made it just.
Speaker 2: That's how it did it.
Speaker 1: But again, there there was like a there was an article that came out that pretty much laid out in detail like how it came together and spoiler alert, because AI is bullshit. It wasn't because of that people writing fucking jokes but doing it not as good as George Carlin, because no one is as good as George Carlin at writing George Carlin material.
Speaker 2: So that's there's that. I like picturing that these people were so committed to the bit where it's like, yeah, podcast, if you just say you wrote it, you will not be sued for all this money. And they're like, no, it was the AI that did it. It's so bad. Also, they didn't want to admit it. That's like, yeah, we will have AI.
Speaker 1: I didn't think that was funny either.
Speaker 2: No, I didn't think it was so unfunny. It was so not funny. AI was not funny.
Speaker 1: I was so I'm so glad you pointed out, like I was screaming at the AI being like, dude, this shit is not even as funny as you think it is, dude.
Speaker 2: But that's what it wrote, you know. And so we're funny, just so you know, just so we're all on the same page. We're funny. We're very funny. Yeah, if we were to write that it would have come out a lot better. It was the AI that was the problem.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And that's like to me, that's a problem with AI. So that's kind of where I'm at. Yeah, all right, Well that's it for us, that's it for what's trending. We'll be back tomorrow with a brand spanking new episode with this voice, these voices you hear now, plus a third and maybe even.
Speaker 2: One who knows, maybe even six.
Speaker 1: Jack might be on a bit of a sabbatical for a little bit, or maybe a couple of days, or maybe not. Maybe he'll be back. I don't know. Stay tuned. The mystery does continue, all right. Until then, take care of yourselves, take care of each other, you know, get the vaccine at least two hundred times, like that man in Germany did, because look he's okay, he's okay, get shit two hundred seventeen times. He got the shit two hundred and seventeen, two hundred seventeen times exactly. And don't do nothing about white supremacy. Okay, be a good person out there, because the world is already fucked up. Okay, we will talk to you tomorrow. Bless you, Bye bye.