Speaker 1: Start up, dot up, start up, Brooklyn Boys, start up, Brooklyn Boys, start up.
Speaker 2: Up up, They making.
Speaker 1: Noise, dot up, start up, dust Up. Episode to eighty seven of the Brooklyn Boys Podcast.
Speaker 2: Oh so close to three hundred.
Speaker 1: We're inching ever so close to a homotage, non event, we'll get it. We get a new montage from our montage guy. Yeah, if he's listening still, I would be offered. You already reached out to me. Yeah, mister Gag, I believe. Okay, I don't if I don't script his name. But mister Gag as in Bold, didn't say that. Nope, didn't say that you want to not get a montage?
Speaker 2: Be nice? No, I'm just want is his first name because the last name is Gag. I didn't say that. I didn't say that it was That's not what I said.
Speaker 1: But let's move on, right, I'll plug him appropriately when the montage arrives. First time listening, I'm scary Jones. This is David already over here. Yeah, welcome to the Brooklyn Boys Podcast. Enjoyed this episode, then go back and listen episode zero. Listen to order, Yeah, which we have jingles. For the reason why I mentioned it is because we do have the jingles, which we'll play later.
Speaker 2: Is because it is redundant, ye'll wait to hear them.
Speaker 3: And.
Speaker 2: So I have. We're trying to dance.
Speaker 1: Around doing this podcast when I could finally have some peace and quiet and alone time in my apartment.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you did not plan this well. This well. I'm doing a favor for a friend. Two friends.
Speaker 1: Yeah, remember my buddy Tall Darren. He's your friend down who's tall, really large, me six or five. I've met him many times back.
Speaker 3: And tall day.
Speaker 1: We used to to the Jersey shore. We used to party. Girls used to mistake him for a basketball player. Wifeguards used to sit on his shoulders to watch the ocean. Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: He was a human light tower, that's what. Yeah, for the for the boats anyway. Now, he used to Yeah, oh dude, let me tell you that being tall is the.
Speaker 1: Best because chances are like, you're the only tall one that sticks out in the room. And if you ever, if you're a woman who likes tall, if you're a woman who likes tall guys, you're like, oh my god, you're so tall.
Speaker 2: So the tall guy wins.
Speaker 1: You don't have to no, but you lose that on all the five foot two women, the five foot four women. No, he's there in at his belly button. Brody, work with me for a second. I'm working with you a five foot eleven women and was like, oh, I like a tall guy. No, six ' five, six ' five is is usually at least six or seven inches taller than most women. That's tall women who are five to one, two three four. They all appreciate a tall guy. Trust me, I've seen Brody. I've seen it in action.
Speaker 2: I'm five ten, my wife is five two ish. He'll tell you, yeah, I'm tall, right, but you're not.
Speaker 3: You're not.
Speaker 2: You're not. You're not understanding where I'm coming from here. You're at a bar.
Speaker 1: Darren is always most likely the tallest guy in the bar. Right. So, if you're a woman and a lot of women love tall guys, forget about how tall the woman is.
Speaker 2: You don't win. It's a non factor. If you're a woman, you're attracted to the tall.
Speaker 1: Guy, which means we're scary. As for talking for all women, which.
Speaker 2: Means that you don't really have to be that attractive. He's just not.
Speaker 1: Women aren't just attracted to height. They attracted to height in attractive men. Not necessarily, and your everything is relative, scary, everything is relative. You can't just say and don't want an a foot tall guy. They want a guy who's taller than them they can look up to when they dance, which things on top shelves, but on some women not all tall. Bat mean they want a six foot five, lanky guy who's gonna not line up sexually in.
Speaker 2: Bed, He's gonna hang over the end. It's not necessarily what they want. That's where you're wrong. The tall guy usually wins.
Speaker 1: But what I'm also saying, well, crouch down and get on the micro.
Speaker 2: Well, now married.
Speaker 1: But what I'm also saying is because of his height, because of he's no, he's not available right now, he's in a meeting. Okay, what is it? A tall meetings of tall people's meetings? You are something else, my friend, Well, you generalize general general eyes reporting for duty. Mm hmm, he does it. What I'm saying is because he's tall, he doesn't have to be like hot. He can just be tall. And if you're a woman into tall guys, guess what he wins. So he always clean, he's I saw this happen at the bars.
Speaker 2: Dude, he's an average dude. He's average, Okay, And no, I don't want to diss my own friend, okay, But why are they Why are they into the height of a guy. I'm not not tall, Daron?
Speaker 1: But why are the women in your mind hold on attracted to men just because they're tall, even if they're on attraction some women some stuma comma. Is it because they think they have a long penis to match the tall frame.
Speaker 2: I don't know about that, because I would.
Speaker 1: Think I would think anyone, women, straight, whatever, you are attracted to somebody. You might like hot, you might like tall, but you might like tall. Your version of tall is different than someone else's version of tall. Okay, So let's let's let's come to listen. Six ' five is fucking tall, Okay, I do unanimously say that, right. Yes, not in the NBA, but yes, for a commit to Austin at a bar, you're going gonna find one or two guys that are six ' five. Yes, But the hot guy who's six two and a half, he's gonna get the women first. Not necessarily, we need Darren. Darren on the phone or on the mic. He'll be here, he'll be here at the end. I'm sure you are six ' five and unattractive. Can you leave us at talk back and let us know how you do at the bars?
Speaker 2: You you're a woman?
Speaker 1: Would you rather have brot I'm trying, I'm trying to take on this. I want talkbacks. I want to talk back from Kevin who says I want it. Would you rather have a gorgeous five foot ten guy, a really nice looking six foot guy, or a guy who's really tall, like six foot five women let us know, or gay men? But let us what you're not considering is in the at a specific bar, in a specific location. Right with all these people, there chances there's a lot of like you know, there are guys that are like a lot of guys are average and whatever what I'm telling you is unless there's like a fucking Tom Brady in the room or someone you don't forget about the ringers for a second. Let's talk about law of averages as every everyday average Joe people. Okay, so you think a seven, a guy who's a seven, who's maybe five to eleven is not going to do as well as the five who's six foot five. Correct, That's where I'm going with this, Is it because you can't see how ugly they are there so far up.
Speaker 2: Because I've seen women maybe maybe they were drunk and drunk women they liked the Darren. They always he was. It was always a conversation starter with him. Okay, he was always because it was like, oh my god, you're so tall. They opened guess what, half the battle is done right there because they opened the conversation and broke the ice.
Speaker 1: So they're actually starting a conversation with the guy. And then he's a charming dude. He does nothing to repel women. He's he's not cringe. So what I'm saying is because he's just an average.
Speaker 2: Normal dude who acts normal.
Speaker 1: Just him just playing it, playing it straight, playing it, playing it even keel right. He usually wins killed. Yeah, okay, so listen, admit this to me. When you're a photographed you like to be photographed from above, right, Yes, Imagine a shorter woman always looking at you from below.
Speaker 2: She's always looking at you at a bad camera angle.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but a lot of women they don't care about what her eye level is looking at.
Speaker 2: So you should take more pictures from below so you look taller. I'm not trying to trick anybody here.
Speaker 1: I merely made a statement, Okay, our days that we used to go to bars and clubs and Tall down and when he was single. Now he's married with two kids, all right then, and he was and I'm just saying he was always like the guy. It's almost like all right, ah God, I'm gonna go there. I'm gonna go there. Okay, you know what I'm not gonna I'm gonna get my boy Less on the phone. Okay, this is black Less, yes, seven, well, yes, okay, because I'm how tall is Less. It's not about not about height with Less, Well, he's a good looking guy.
Speaker 2: Work with me, work with me.
Speaker 1: I'm working right and on my phone. God, Brody, you're on my fucking nerves. And we've only been on for ten minutes. If Robin saw you and tall Darren in a bar and she didn't know either one of you, she would go she might.
Speaker 2: Gravitate toward Tall Darren.
Speaker 1: Is where I'm saying interesting because you're what five ten, five, nine, Yeah, forward voicemail.
Speaker 2: This is the time I need you, my friend Less.
Speaker 1: Don't fail me now, oh it's ringing, Yeah, the black list?
Speaker 2: What are you doing? Don't we don't call him that.
Speaker 1: You have a white last he's just less a less okay, right, Scary Jones. You're on the Brooklyn Boys podcast along with me and David Brody. Can you talk for a quick second?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I got you all right?
Speaker 2: Less?
Speaker 1: All right, listen follow me for a second. You know, told Darren your boys are told Darren? Yes, I am, by the way, told Darren's in town if you want to do dinner a little later. Me and him are gonna go out in a couple of hours. But he and I whatever, anyway, when we used to go to the bars, all right, And I'm gonna draw another comparison in another second, right when we used to go to the bars and hang out and party. And you know, I'll just say this because Darren's.
Speaker 2: Not with me right now. He's upstairs taking a meeting.
Speaker 1: What Darren's like it pretty? He's an average guy. But he's six foot five, right?
Speaker 2: Or is he more? Is he tall?
Speaker 3: Six six six six seven? Oh?
Speaker 2: He's six seven six s eight?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: You know you're right, he's six seven. Holy shit? So how would he do with the bars? Being an average dude? But he's six seven?
Speaker 3: He'd clean up?
Speaker 1: Why would he clean up? Less, it's tall and women love tall guys, right all right now? Using that same analogy, why do you like to go to bars with us, to where all the white girls are at? Why don't you explain your theory here uninhibited? It's the Brooken Boys podcast. If you need the curse, feel free say what you want because because it's coming from you and not me at Brody, I'm taking David Brody to school right now? Why would you less come to now? I know you you love you love white white women, you favor them. But okay, ask the question Less, why would you?
Speaker 2: Why would we? What would happen when we would go to an all white bar with you on.
Speaker 3: The black dude they would hook up with if they would hook up with a black dude?
Speaker 2: And why is that less?
Speaker 3: Because I'm tall, yes, average looking, and.
Speaker 2: You're the only black guy in the bar.
Speaker 1: So your theory was, and you you've said it to me before, we'll say it again, is that if women are looking for black guys, they want dark meat. What's gonna happen? Oh jeez, they're gonna they're and you're the guy in the bar. What's happening there? Those were coming to great TV show from the seventies, just going down.
Speaker 3: That was my early years in Hoboken. Tell him telling you the Hoboken, We're very good. We're very good for me.
Speaker 2: You're the Hoboken, the whitest town in America.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah. I was the first black guy here that didn't grow up here, so I had my pick of the litter.
Speaker 1: You look every day, every night you go out, you'd always have options.
Speaker 2: Is what I'm saying to ask a question.
Speaker 1: If you were getting action less because you were black, is that considered affirmative action?
Speaker 2: No kind of action? About what I mean? Is that okay?
Speaker 3: Just making up the wrongs of the past.
Speaker 1: I see, that's called reparation. It's relations, it's relations. But that's great. But this is so so what I'm trying to explain to Brod. He was tall, Darren didn't have to look like Tom Brady. He just had to be an average looking Joe because if there were women in there that that was their thing where they liked the.
Speaker 2: Tall guy and he's six.
Speaker 1: Suns and he's six seven, they're going to gravitate toward him, and he gets to clean up the same way you get to clean up for women that just want a black dude, and then there you are Bookay, but but but less was that was that? Was that a bucket list item for them? Where after, like they hooked up with you, they were like all right, check mark, got it off the list? Or were they like into like continuing the situation.
Speaker 3: For the most part, I have I have like that. Nick Kennison dro I got the innocent luks. So I'm non threatening.
Speaker 2: Nick Cannon syndrome means you have thirty kids.
Speaker 3: Not that I know about, not that you know about it.
Speaker 2: He's a he's he's a Tupac of sorts.
Speaker 3: Less I looked like pock Pocket.
Speaker 1: A good looking man. Yeah, yeah, okay, it looked like Tupac. You know Tupac spelled backwards. Just could put Oh my god, I'm just saying anyway, I wanted to bring you on because I didn't want to speak for you.
Speaker 2: I didn't want it what what black splain? What what do you? What do you call it? NaN's plain? Because because you know, right, yeah.
Speaker 1: So I wanted it to come from you because otherwise I would have been tagged as being racist for saying that. Well, you are opened to the podcast because he says he always and I call him on it too. He'll say, oh, my black friend is less and he is not he's equal to us.
Speaker 2: He's no, he's less. No that's terrible.
Speaker 1: No, no, I just call you he's less?
Speaker 2: But what is not less? He's equal?
Speaker 1: No, man, I'll fuck you know what I'm saying is okay. But with with our friend Matt, why do we call him Indian Matt? Because he's the second Matt that we know, he's Indian Matt. So then el yeah, so Brody's like them. Why don't you have adjectives for every one of your friends? Do you call less black less? And I'm like, no, we don't call him black less? His name is less, right, well, why do we call him Indian Matt?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: But if there was another less less, be honest less? If another less joined the group, do you honestly feel they would call him white less?
Speaker 2: Or would they then change your name? Be honest?
Speaker 3: They might change my name.
Speaker 2: Say no, you are the first, the first change him in the black less? You know it's it's you.
Speaker 3: Then it depends if he was cooler than me or not less.
Speaker 2: Let's answer this question.
Speaker 1: If scary walks into a bar and it's you and Taul, Darren and Sex on the Way, Dave and jet Ski Bryan. Does he say hello, Hello, Hello, and then it says to you, my man, how's it going?
Speaker 2: Does he mammn you? I have a habit of I have a habit of saying my man. I do say my.
Speaker 1: Man, but I don't realize I'm doing it. Brody says, that's a little bit racist.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: One time, one time we were in the department store.
Speaker 3: He went, what's up, brother?
Speaker 2: I didn't say that. I didn't. I did not.
Speaker 1: He's a fucking liar. But I do my man people. I do like pat people on the back of my man. So he goes, why don't you do that to your white friends? He doesn't, only my man's people.
Speaker 3: You're not offended, but I have to pay attention next time. See if that happens? All right?
Speaker 1: Oh absolutely, well. I don't know if I do that though. But I love that you said they would definitely change your name. I love that. I know you wouldn't because it all goes by chronological chronology out there, right. Do you know what I'm saying is that I've ever hung out with I've dated two girls with the same name, and that was a little bit awkward. Oh yeah, well they were a Leslie, Yeah, Leslie the girl.
Speaker 3: I want to get serious, but I don't think I could go through Lefe being ridiculed, being big l little Lake.
Speaker 2: Well you were they white or black?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 3: No? Black and Spanish?
Speaker 1: Yeah okay, so then you you could, you would You couldn't be like, you couldn't be black less there because now you were both black less. Let the record show if there was if a white less came into the picture as a second less less stays less, and then that other guy becomes white less because because you're less, you're the guy I know. First. I want to be another lesson a crew so I can blame him for shit. Yeah, wait a minute, what if the next lesson the group less is also black?
Speaker 2: Do you become black less one? Less one? Do you become light or less depending on the other less? Damn it, we don't.
Speaker 3: I'm welcome. I can blame him for more shit.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, anyway, I want to say thank you so much for coming on with us, because I had to get this. I had to just explain to Brody the analogy of why Darren because he's six seven cleans up the way he does, there's more to it, and and and he puts himself in that situation where the women just first of all, women love that, but you love the guy. You love when women you go to a white bar because you like white ladies, and the ladies will flock to you because you're the choice for the night.
Speaker 2: Last one last question, last, last, one last question.
Speaker 1: If I was single and I went to an all black bar, would I clean up?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: You probably will? Black girls want good credit.
Speaker 2: He said it. Not, I didn't say it.
Speaker 3: Probably. You know what, the only white guy in the all black crew was a dangerous motherfucker. Chapelle said it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what he said? What was his Joe? You know what was his bit on that? Do you remember? I don't know.
Speaker 3: If it's the all white guy and all black crew man, he's he's done some ship to earn the respect.
Speaker 2: But they let him in. He must be tough, Yeah, he must be.
Speaker 1: But I wouldagine the opposite is true. Everyone one white guy. If there's a black woman that's looking for a white guy, I'm it.
Speaker 2: That's it. You got no other choice tonight, honey.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think it's someone is gonna want to look up with me. You know, I'm knowing what choice it is, what it is.
Speaker 1: I miss you, buddy. If you want to come hang out with let me know. I've been an hour left on the podcast.
Speaker 2: Say goodbye, my man. No, i'mting the.
Speaker 3: Bast tournament that I'll be out after that.
Speaker 1: All right, cool, good to know, all right, thank you? All right, lady's out the podcast.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: So we just I think we accomplished a lot in that break. I'm not sure where I stand. Uh, but we learned a lot, I think. But I'm telling you how it is.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I'm not lying.
Speaker 1: I trust less, I trust less. I trust you less, but I trust less more.
Speaker 2: Does that make sense?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I got you. So I wanted to get your.
Speaker 1: Opinion on cars, the location of where you sit in a car etiquette. I feel like I feel like you have an opinion on this now. I pulled up online what the etiquette is. But I wanted to see if I have a right to be you know, a little.
Speaker 2: Uh what the fuck?
Speaker 1: Okay, So buddy of mine says, oh, I want to go see uh go see this movie?
Speaker 2: You want to go? I said, yeah, absolutely, it goes great. I'm gonna bring.
Speaker 1: My my teenage kid. Teenage son said, Okay, national problem. I like your son, it's no problem. So he picks me up at my place because I'm on the way to the movie theater and the kids sitting in the front seat. So any my friend drives a jeep, so I have to climb up into the back of the jeep, which in general is not a comfortable car, and sit in the back of the jeep for the wrong Okay, so I'm remembering when I was a kid when an adult was getting in the car. Yep, you got the hell out of the front seat, absolutely back.
Speaker 2: It's a yeah m hm.
Speaker 1: So I'll tell you what the official rule is on the internet. Okay, what the etiquette is now on Wait? How is everybody related in this whole situation? Friend's friend, his son and meate, Oh my god, it's so he's family. It's technically his dad's car. But when I was a kid, Margaret Murder, ain't I would go sit in the back at courtesy to the you know, the older person or the person with the longer legs or whatever, right right, So part of me was like, well, he was sitting there on the way over right, So as long as he doesn't like, after the movie, get in the front seat, then we're good. But should he have got out of the car and said, hello, you know, I think father and kid like seven eight nine years old, beat it, kid, go to the back, Okay, you go, and then probably would have started out that way, Probably would have started out in the bat.
Speaker 2: At thirteen fourteen.
Speaker 1: Now you're like kind of want to treat them like an adult because they're becoming an adult and and hey, in your religion, Brody, they are an adult as of thirteen. So it's almost like it's almost like a disrespect thing where you're like, oh, I guess I'm still a fucking kid, all right, Like you want to want to prove to your your child that they're worthy of maintaining that seat. So on the way there you got in afterwards, I would say, son stays up front, Okay, you haul your ass to the back.
Speaker 2: Now on the way back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Now you're it's all equal because everybody's approaching the car at the same time. In that case, maybe the kid should have had a little bit respect for you and say, like, you know what, you know, you're my dad's friend, and you guys want to catch up. Because if he had the You know, if he had the foresight to know that relationship and to know that that's that he should volunteered to sit in the back. Let me guess on the he stayed in the front both both directions, right.
Speaker 2: I gave him the throat clearing on the way home.
Speaker 1: Oh? Really, so he I gave him and he went in the back.
Speaker 2: Oh what?
Speaker 1: The internet says two pages I pulled up the husband, wife, or partner of the driver gets priority. Well, I wanted to know if I was wrong because I was sitting in the back. I had no one to talk to, followed by okay, so the husband, wife, or partner of the driver usually gets priority, followed by the tallest adult or most senior person, or another site said the most important passenger gets the right shotgun in the front passenger seat. These people include the driver's parent, significant other, or boss, the person most important after that sits in the curb side back seat, and the third most important.
Speaker 2: Pass his best friend's ride.
Speaker 1: Trying to holler at me, Yes, that's correct. I I well, that was I was going to throw that out you that scenario. What if it was his wife, would you say to the wife sit in the back.
Speaker 2: I just read for you the person. No, no, what no?
Speaker 1: What you you you? Yeah, you answered the question already. But what's your opinion on that? You think the internet is right on that? Well, here's I think it is. I think that the person's partner should stay up front in both directions and you just sit in the back. She gets priority, no matter what, no.
Speaker 2: Matter how of course the wife sits in the front of car. Right.
Speaker 1: And if it's I'm talking about the kid, well, we talked about the kid earlier. The kid kid told you the wife and the always going. Now listen, if you're going out as couples, if the kid is already in the car, that's where I changed my mind though. The kid, if he's already in the car and they pick you up, you get in the back. But on the way back, he should probably yield to you. Because you're you're a kid, you're the senior person.
Speaker 2: When you were a.
Speaker 1: Kid, if you were sitting in the front seat you went to pick your uncle up, you'd stay in the front. No, because I respect that's what I'm saying. You go sit in the back. So you agree with me, I agree with you, But I could see how I could I'm playing devil's advocate. I'm I see both sides of this conversation. I mean I see the both the kid they can't.
Speaker 2: I don't know. Let's say I come to pick you up. I come to pick you up, and my my middle daughter is sitting in the front seat. Let us stay in the front seat. I don't want to see in the front seat. You'll be fine.
Speaker 1: You'll be fine sitting in the back for twenty minutes, yeah, half hour drive? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Why not?
Speaker 1: What if it was the back of a shitty call like yours with no back seat? I mean, you have a nice call, but there's no back seat in the back seat, right, So would you would you be like, oh, well, I can't they kip at the short legs sit in the back. You'd be bitching the whole time. I don't know, man, Uh, all right, question. I like the etiquette. I like I like that it got us to think. All right, I got another seat question for you. More seats, more seat question. It's a different topic, but seat related. Right, I'm going on a slight tangent. Now, what would you think of a person who worked in any profession, did it for thirty years and didn't know common terminology. For instance, if you you went into a bar and said to the bartender, give me a wild turkey, and they said what is that?
Speaker 2: You were like, it's a brand of whisks. Oh my god. You'd be like, what, how do you not know wild turkey? Right? Correct. If you went into a.
Speaker 1: Gas station to see a mechanic and you said, I'm having a problem with my catalytic converter, and he said, what's the catalytic convert You're like, you know the thing.
Speaker 2: That blah blah blah.
Speaker 1: You're like, I would think I never called it that. That person is a fraud, right. I went into a restaurant yesterday with a friend, not the friend who put me in the backseat, different friend, and we went into a theme restaurant and it wasn't crowded, it was it was lunchtime. And the manager comes over. The hostess was that the hostess stand? The manager comes over and he and he says, oh, how many, how many? How many in your party? I said too? He said great, And I looked and all the tables in the middle were four top chairs, like you know, four chairs on four tops and on the sides. Don't interrupt me, don't try to guess ahead. On the sides were long benches, you know, We're like, it's like both booth esque on one side and then chairs on the other side of the table, right, okay? So I said, you know what, I have a I have a bad back. I said, if you don't mind, if if if you're seating that section, can my friend and I sit at one of the banquettes and he says, I'm sorry, what's a banquette? And I said, it's the it's the what do you mean? He goes, wow, what's a banquette? And the hostess goes, yeah, what what's a banquette? I said, those long green that half booth that goes look along the wall. If it's if it's if it's both sides, it's a booth. If it's one side and it's it's longer than a booth, it's called a banquette banquette. He says, I've been managing restaurants for thirty years, and I never heard her called a banquet. Wow.
Speaker 2: And then question is first day in the industry, But apparently.
Speaker 1: Thirty years, thirty years, no one in your life has ever said that's a bankette in front of you. I said, jay Z sings about banquettes in uh one of the songs whatever it is, but yeah, the one wh's made a Yankee song out of Yeah, maybe.
Speaker 2: The guy uh may run this town.
Speaker 1: The word the word is invisible to him and somehow just got past him. You know, that's weird. That's weird. Well, my second question is if you were the hostess, would you say I didn't know that either, or do you use it as an opportunity to say, really I knew that, like and show your boss up. Oh yeah, I would just keep quiet because I absolutely would have been like what keep to myself? Oh no, I would have got in trouble, like you don't know what a banquette is?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you dummy.
Speaker 1: So I was like, yeah, I said, if it's two bankettes, it's booths, if they're booths with but if it's the whole wall, it's a bank. He's like, I honestly he came by later He's like, I just googled it.
Speaker 2: I never heard.
Speaker 1: And more importantly, if you didn't know, right, let's say you're the manager. You're like, I didn't know what's called a banquette? Would you emphasize your ignorance and say I've been doing this thirty years. Like no, right, So that's where he went wrong, right at that point, I would try and hide it from you because I'd be embarrassed that I didn't know that term. Right, I've only been here a couple of months. He obviously thought you were the fucking weird one, right, That's why he was. He was happy to say, I've.
Speaker 2: Been doing this thirty years. You're you're crazy. What blanquette? You don't know? Banquette? What do you like? I mean banquet? Like, I'm like, no, banquette?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Man, I thought like he at first, I thought he was like looking like to say I was wrong. Yeah, like I've known a thirty years, I said. Listen, I manag dressed Ronsford for twelve years. I had to get out of the business, I said, But yeah, we had bankkettes. Yeah okay, yeah, so anyway, I just say, yeah, so sit in the backseat or sit on the banquette. That's what we've learned here. So today's March fourteen, and we're recording this podcast. I know we originally said that we would do personally signed autographed merch that's anything that we can write on March fifteenth. However, we are going into the weekend and we are not going to see Matt Merch this weekend because so probably next week is when we're gonna go. So let's just extend it through the weekend through the seventeenth eighteenth. Let's call it the eighteenth okay, the eighteenth, ye through March eighteenth, because we are not going to get there before Saint Patrick's Day. I'm leaving for the Atlantis and the Bahamas tomorrow morning. Oh, Sunday, Saint Patrick's Day. Completely forgot, Yes, Sunday is Saint Patrick's Day. Make sure you eat your cornby from garbage. You will be in the Bahamas for most of it. You won't be here celebrating. No, we don't celebrate Saint Patrick's Day in the Bahamas day.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 1: But they are having a food and wine festival, the one they do in South Beach and the one they do in New York. So I'm gonna go there with Gandhi and eight from our big show and we're gonna go cover.
Speaker 2: The festival, so to speak.
Speaker 1: And uh yeah, So in the meantime, feel free to get your last minute merch orders.
Speaker 2: Uh Brooklyn Boys dot Bigcartel dot com.
Speaker 1: That's Brooklyn boys dot Big Cartel dot com.
Speaker 2: And if it's past March eighteenth, there's no guarantee that we'll be able to sign it with Scary and Brody? When do you want to do?
Speaker 3: Sound?
Speaker 2: Next break is sound? Next break? A lot of good sound in the next yeak, I have something small and I have something big. Let's talk about your penis then, and then we'll talk about okay, so let's talk about that big, that big too late? You fuck you. I knew you're gonna get.
Speaker 1: See I knew if I phrased it that way you were gonna go there, and you did.
Speaker 2: I already girls like guys, we'll go anyway.
Speaker 1: Go on with big topics, big topics, big big topics.
Speaker 2: All right, call me crazy crazy.
Speaker 1: I got into an argument with the people on the Big Show and then spilled up spilled out on the air as well. Question, David Brody, do you think that dogs a racist?
Speaker 2: Cats?
Speaker 1: Parrots understand English?
Speaker 2: Are you asking me if they can understand what?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 1: First of all, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, they understand. Do they understand English?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 1: Well, I want I see the I'm not one finglish When they make phone calls that you're asking me. I'm not a bird expert per se, but I want, I want. The only thing you know about birds is when you cover them in sauce and cheese. I watch a lot of bird videos. Parrots I like. I like the the ring neck ones. They speak the macause uh. I don't think I'm a call when he goes ah great, the gray ones, the gray ones talk, some of them the African Can you have all the names of the African gray?
Speaker 3: So?
Speaker 1: But then they speak, and even the cockatoo, the cockatoo. Can you know a cockatoo has spoken to you? The cockatoo that would have been the African gray? If what if there was another gray? Don't go there, Okay, And I'm not gonna my man, the African gray.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm thinking you are gonna do. You're a douche.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we named my friend gray African gray. I've seen so many videos and I see them. They talk, they go the.
Speaker 2: Gimme kish, hear me kish, and they actually lean on the parrot or they're their owner. Watching bird porn.
Speaker 1: A lot of parrot videos go gear me kiss. And then when I saw a parrot looking at it's like little babies and it was, oh.
Speaker 2: Look at the get baby.
Speaker 1: So that's why you don't have time to watch Star Wars or any Mountain movies. Is you're watching parrot videos. What I'm saying is parrot hub. Are you in parrot Hub? Some people will say that these parrots were just they're just mimicking what their owners have taught them, and they hear sounds and they repeat the sounds. But to me, they're going a step further because they're saying the right thing. They're saying, oh, look at the cute baby to the actual baby parrots in the nest.
Speaker 2: See videos like it.
Speaker 1: I know people own parrots that do this, or the parrots that say, uh, you know, someone says to I'm going shopping and then your parrot calls.
Speaker 2: You be a good boy. You be a good boy, meaning like card. So in my mind new aliens is this? Is this your new aliens? In my mind, you're a dick. Listen, there a lot of people's minds. I'm a dick in my mind. You parrots.
Speaker 1: At least parrots can be taught English because they understand understanding what you're saying.
Speaker 2: Or Spanish.
Speaker 1: I see Spanish speaking parrots but they understand the words, and they the words have meaning to them. It goes beyond just mimicking a sound for the sake of it. Now, people were talking about pets like dogs. Do dogs understand or when they understand a command?
Speaker 2: When they learn a.
Speaker 1: Command, do they know it by the inflection of the voice, do they know do they associate that sound with and what to do? Okay, let me answer, let me finish up the previous animal that you've been talking about. Do you know what it means to parrot something in the in that sense it means mimic. Yeah, But why why do you think they Why do you think the word parrot something with the word within that definition because you're repeating something that because parrots do that. Parrots do that, right, which is why they call it parroting what they call it understanding.
Speaker 2: They wouldn't call it parents.
Speaker 1: Don't you think that some parrots have the ability to take it a step further?
Speaker 2: I think that, yes, yes, I think they may connect sound.
Speaker 1: If that's the case, they understand English, because what is learning English anyway, learning any language, it's associating words with meaning.
Speaker 2: So if you but you are in the same analogy, I'm you know, you know.
Speaker 1: I think seeing a small bird and saying, ah, cute baby. I don't know if they understand what baby means and what the word cute means. I think they're triggered to say that. But if if I tell my dog go pee, he to go pee or she I've sold.
Speaker 2: To me your dog understands English, because you.
Speaker 1: Just a dog understands the sounds of words. I don't know if I think you I got to go. If he understands he's peeing, I think he understands that when I do that thing and liquid comes out and lands on the ground, that's what he wants me to do when he says you have to pee. I don't know if if a linguist would call it speaking, but I think your your bird obsession.
Speaker 2: You're an odd dude. That's what I'm learning after so many years.
Speaker 1: You fascinate over aliens, and now you're fascinating over parrots. Oh, we like a Gandhi on the phone to say to you about aliens. Okay, and it's not just me, all right, but we'll leave that right there. I have another thing. Okay, we'll come back to me. Did you did you say you want you want to say something. Yeah, I don't want to tell about aliens because no aliens.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no no.
Speaker 1: This is something I got, another odd thing that just happened on the internet.
Speaker 2: What I'll just go there. Okay, So TikTok taught me that. Oh to talk about that?
Speaker 1: Did you yes, we'll talk about that next. Did you know that the different water, you know, different bottles of water have the different colored caps that each cap means something else.
Speaker 2: Okay, I saw a video. I saw several videos on this.
Speaker 1: Now I could be wrong, because again I'm throwing it out there. When you see a white cap, it's processed water. When you see a blue cap, it's spring water. Black cap means alkaline water, green cap means flavored water. And usually a red cap they say means carbonated but I don't subscribe to that one. So apparently there's a scheme to the caps, the plastic caps on your bottled water. They don't talk about clear caps though, because some some water has clear caps. But anyway, I don't know if there's truth to that or not. Someone threw it out there on TikTok and has fucking three million views on it, and then and there are other videos that support that. But I didn't know if that's like a rule, if someone out there made this law that said you must color your cap a certain color to represent what's in it, how the water was made, or.
Speaker 2: Is it just a coincidence. I don't know.
Speaker 1: So what have you learned in the thirty seconds that you haven't even been listening to what I'm saying? Because they heard every word. I see you turn your mic off and your your you're you're googling shit.
Speaker 2: I heard every word you said. What are you saying into your phone?
Speaker 1: Okay, so most of the articles call it bullshit. For instance, let's say green meant it was it was spring water. If if a company with a blue logo has spring water, you think they're gonna use the green cap. Scary they're gonna use a blue cap? Yeah, of course, you think Coca Cola is gonna use anything but a red cap.
Speaker 2: It's always red. But he's great.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm saying they're not gonna use a blue cap. Then it looked like a pepsi No. But in the world of water, I'm just you know, aquafina has a white cap. I don't know if man doesn't have a green cap they said, listen, dude, I'm not making this ship up. You think I'm pulling this out of my ass. I'm just trying to understand what I'm reading online because three million people saw the same video I did, and they're really subscribing to it, and I'm sitting here like, uh, I'm at least I'm questioning it. I don't know what the answer is. I'm just telling you what I saw. Don't shoot the messenger.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: It depends on what again, I can't. I'm looking at websites that maybe not be legitimate that say that does with mineral watery it may indicate the difference of alcala alkaline water is black cap. I don't know whatever.
Speaker 2: But the TikTok thing was since was in November.
Speaker 1: Anyway, it's skating traction and there's a few videos out there, not just one, but there's a couple that I'm getting my science from TikTok. I'll look it up. Go look it up, everybody and enjoy that. That TikTok rumor speaking of TikTok. Yeah, well, this taping, Yes, we're going to talk about what's going on in the news, and we'll play some sound. Yes, we are, and I might tell you how I yelled at a nurse.
Speaker 2: You did not.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I got into it. You get into it about how I got into it. After the commercial scholar.
Speaker 2: We will be right back. You really yelled at a nurse, I did.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well, a nurse practitioner, if you guys know the difference. A nurse practitioner is not a doctor. A nurse practitioner is less than a doctor, but more than a nurse. But they are sometimes on call.
Speaker 2: I know this. Yeah, they fill in for doctors. They fill in for doctors.
Speaker 1: They are allowed, they're allowed to make decisions on things. Yeah. Yeah, anyway, well what happened, you might we're going there.
Speaker 2: Well, so let me start from the end. I don't have a problem with my heart.
Speaker 1: I'm fine, but in the process of moving, and that's a whole other episode. I will get to those moving stories and whatnot in my realtor and all that.
Speaker 2: I have a shot.
Speaker 1: I had a sharp pain in my left chest above above the heart area by a few inches, and I thought, I'm like, oh my god, it's it's close enough that I should see my cardioc.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would run to the cardiologist. So I made an appointment. I was like, can I call it? I would run because then your heart.
Speaker 1: So I said, can I come today? They said, yeah, well we'll fit you in. You may see one of our two wonderful nurse practitioners. And by the way, I'm nothing but respect for nurse practitioners. This is not about that. So I meet, I meet the nurse practitioner, doesn't matter what her name was. And she says, oh, let's go into the examining room. And you know, I'm obviously a little nervous. I might be having a heart you know, pain or whatever, and I'm very uncomfortable. And you know when you speak to your friends who do the same job as you, you know, you and I speak radio. We speak in radio lingo. Yeah, you and I understand radio lingo.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well I'm asking her questions and she's answering me in doctor ease. So yeah, So I'll give you for an example, I had a heart calcium test. And we have a heart calcium test. It's not like calcium levels, it's slightly different. I had a heart calcium score of eight. Now I took this test like three months ago. Now, a heart calcium score of eight on a scale of like zero to five hundred is not that big a deal, but at least you but you have a little bit of calcium build up in your your your your whatever, your your ventricles, your your veins, whatever. And some people can have a heart score of four hundred and they're still alive. So the doctor's like, well, you know, you might want to cut down a little bit on certain foods. Okay, I said, you know, you don't really have a problem, but you know an eight is something.
Speaker 2: Okay, that was in December.
Speaker 1: So first, first off, you should know when the nurse practitioner comes in the room, she's chewing gum. And I don't mean chewing gum. I don't mean chewing gum like I mean, oh, so, where's it hurting? Wow, which I don't find to be professional. What hospital was this, It doesn't doesn't matter, And I don't know. I don't want to go there. I want to be sure to avoid that one. I don't sing the gum chew. And she's very like like upbeat, like okay, so tell me where you know where it is what hurts, right, But she's upbeat, and I'm like, I'm used to an older gentleman who's very serious when it comes to your heart and very explanatory, and there's a certain gravitas, a certain seriousness when talking about your heart that I don't want someone going, oh, so tell me where it hurts and when did you notice it hurt? Okay, great, yeah, okay to upbeat for me. Yeah, and the gum chewing.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: So I'm like, I understand that she has credibility. She has I'm sure she has education. She said, he's achieved a certain level of abilities. Anyway, I said, I said. She says, I see, you had a calcium hot test last year. I said, yeah, She said, you have a score you have you have a calcium score. Now, if somebody said to you, scary, you have a calcium score, what would your next question be?
Speaker 2: What is it? Right? So I said, oh, well what does that? What does that mean?
Speaker 1: Exactly? It means you have a calcium score, So I said, okay, I get that, but but what does it mean? She goes, it means you took the test and you have a score. I go, okay, I by right there. I would stop her and be like I did as opposed as opposed to not having a score.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: So the fact is I have a score? So that's bad? Right, That's what I said. I don't understand. It's like if you if I said, do you have a phone number, and you said, yes, I have a phone number. I said, I have a leg I have two legs. What does I have a calcium score? It means you you had a test and your results were a positive number.
Speaker 2: You have a score.
Speaker 1: I go, okay, but is it good or bad? She's like, well you have ac I go, oh my god. I said, look, I don't want to I'm trying not to get upset here because my chest hurts.
Speaker 2: But what is my score? Yeah? And she says eight.
Speaker 1: I said, okay, thank you. She says, well, you kept cutting me off. I said, look, let's take a step back. I said, I'm very nervous. I'm stressed about my heart. Okay, that this might be related to a problem with my heart. I'm a little stressed, and I'm sorry, no offense. I shouldn't have to ask you eleven times what it means to have a score, right, I said, you're talking to me like I'm a doctor. But you're a smart guy. I mean you I figure it out. My score was I didn't remember so I said, what's my score?
Speaker 2: She said, it's not bad. She was scared.
Speaker 1: You know what she did first, took my blood pressure. You know what, she said, what it's good? I go, what's my score? Just it's good?
Speaker 2: So is it possible?
Speaker 1: Well, okay, you want to hear something really coincidental that you have no idea? This is, we did not plan this, so you're Earlier in the week, I took a stress test and I'm due for one.
Speaker 2: But I haven't gone because my chest starts right.
Speaker 1: Stress test with contrast. They you know, shot me up with that stress test with contrast. Does that mean they put someone in shape next to you hile for contrast? Oh no, They maybe run on a trendmill for fifteen ten to fifteen minutes on an incline, going faster and faster until I was out of breath. And they put and they had all these electrodes on my chest, you know, measuring They measured my blood pressure before and after. They took a lot of photos. They took photos before and after, and then I went home. And then today I got a call from the doctor earlier this afternoon and I said, oh great, what what's up? And They're like I reviewed your numbers, and uh, they were good. And I said, okay, well what does that mean? I said, what does that mean?
Speaker 2: They're good?
Speaker 1: He goes, They're just good. He goes, We're good. I'm like, no, no, no, no, no, I said. I said a lot of times, you know, like with people like you say, oh, the widow maker artery is sixty percent blocked. I'm like, what's going on inside my arteries? Are they clogged? What percent block?
Speaker 3: Again?
Speaker 1: You see He's like, no, he goes, you're good, your numbers are good.
Speaker 2: Helpful. It was not helpful. But then he explained to me.
Speaker 1: He said, look, he goes, let me, let me, let me put it this way, let me clear my throat, because he I guess him giving rattling off numbers would be nothing to me, he said, but he could give you a scale. Yes, here's how he did the comparison, he said. He said, I make a lot of these calls a week. He says, a lot of them. I ask for further action, like okay, so now from here on, I'm prescribing you this medication Da da dad, or this and that or guess what you got to come in for test number two. We're gonna go on to this one now because he goes. In this case, no follow up is required, nothing to see, nothing to do.
Speaker 2: Your numbers are good, have a good day, sir, Thank you, Willie Wonka. Oh very good.
Speaker 1: So so what I'm what that means is no need to even think about it any further.
Speaker 2: Oh, you have to think about it like you. You asked. I asked three times.
Speaker 1: And then when he told me, in comparison to the kinds of calls he makes, he goes, he goes a lot of times. This follow up action required. It's not very good well by comparison would once he informed me of that, and I said, oh, okay, so I'm good then, So I'm now my mind is at ease, because otherwise, if it wasn't, if things were not good, I would have had to do one of the following things that he tells other.
Speaker 2: People to do. Okay, back to our Redsie's regularly scheduled program. I'm sorry, I'm in So then I want to back up. Yeah, I was. I called.
Speaker 1: I was running a little late because there was a street closure on my way to the doctor, so I called him. I said, Hey, we're gonna be a few minutes late. There's a street closure I have to go.
Speaker 2: I have to.
Speaker 1: Reroute back up and go around the other way. It's gonna take me a little while. So I got there at eight minutes after my appointment was supposed to start. And please don't don't talk back to me that I'm supposed to be a fifteen minutes earlier. I was shooting for five minutes early. I got there like around eight, eight minutes after it would take so they let They kept me waiting in the in the waiting room, you know, for like ten minutes, because sometimes they're not ready for you.
Speaker 2: No problem, yep.
Speaker 1: So I said, I like, oh, listen, I'm just a little stressed, and I just would like, you know, detailed answers.
Speaker 2: If if my.
Speaker 1: Calcium score was an eight, just tell me it's an eight and tell me that that's not bad.
Speaker 2: But don't tell me I have a score.
Speaker 1: She says, Well, you know, I'm just trying to rush through this to get to get you know, you know, you take care of I'm trying to answer all your questions quickly.
Speaker 2: She says. If you want me to talk slowly, then don't be twenty minutes late.
Speaker 1: So I said, excuse me, Oh my god, I said, am I paying you a discounted price because I was only eight minutes late? I called it. I was going to be late, and you kept me waiting ten minutes. I wasn't twenty minutes late. I said, if I'm being honest with you, I really could use to I really would prefer to see the doctor. H come in here and take this seriously, because I'm sorry. You come in here like a cheerleader, chewing gum like a teenage girl. I don't feel very confident. You told her that, yes, and she says, oh, well, excuse me. I guess I'm a cheerleader. Now, I guess I'm a cheerleader, I said. I said, I said, don't fuck with your doctors. Man, you didn't have a needle in my arm. I get so, I said, listen. I didn't say you are a cheerleader. I said, you're acting like a cheerleader. You're like, oh whoo, she said, do you want me to be I'm like depressed? Do you want me to I said no, I just want you to be serious. I could be dying here and you're like, oh great, whoo? I said, and you just oh, and excuse me for chewing gum. I had lunch a half hour ago. I want to make sure my breath doesn't smell. Oh my god, dude. So I said, I don't care if you chew gum. Don't I said, but as you're talking to me, you're doing that. I can't take you seriously, dude, She's just you know what, I'm gonna go.
Speaker 2: Get the doctor.
Speaker 1: Then the doctor came in. He's like, hello, mister Brody, how are you. I understand you. You were a quested to see me. I said, look, I know you're very busy. This was an emergency appointment. I said, can you just please talk me through my test results and what I should do next and whatever. So he examined me and he said, look, uh, sometimes I'm not available. I said, I get to you get unavailable. I'm gonn upset that you gave me a nurse practitioner. I love nurse practitioners. I've had many, but I just didn't click with this one. So yeah, we had beef. You don't come into a meeting when someone's complaining a hard pain, now, but where is it?
Speaker 2: Where is it her? That adequate? On her part? But man, I would have had a lot more patience than you would have than you did. But that's just the different patient you're coming to me.
Speaker 1: For patients is the difference between you and me is right here, right there that conversation. Yeah, okay, all right, So apologies to the medical community, but tell me what it meant. Don't keep saying Listen, if you somebody something and they don't understand it or they're not getting it, don't keep repeating it.
Speaker 2: It doesn't help. Go you have a score, you have a score.
Speaker 1: So what I learned, scary, what I learned once I calmed down and she calmed down, is that you either have no score or you have a score. Right, like if I have. I figured that out after said it three times. Right, But like you said, but wait it my score was an eight. That's good. Yeah, if my score was three hundred, you should mention it. So I said, why couldn't you just tell me my score was eight? Well, eight, it's not really significant. I go, yes, but it's significant, and then it's not two hundred. I didn't remember what my score was, so I will never forget again that my score was an eight, and neither one of the slices. I'm sorry slices it's okay. I'm sorry you had to see that side of me. What the angry, belligerent curmudgeon. No, they see that all the time, treating the healthcare industry like had on. I love the healthcare industry, and we just we didn't click. We didn't click, and I was in a lot of pain.
Speaker 2: It was my heart. So but I don't have a heart.
Speaker 1: Mostly you know, I was about to say, man, when are we gonna play the freaking was it the cowardly.
Speaker 2: Lion who didn't have the heart?
Speaker 1: If only had a hardly line, didn't have courage? The tin man, tin Man didn't have a heart, didn't have a brain. That that was the scare scarecrow didn't have a heart. Nope, scarecrow didn't have a Wait a second, No, the tin man didn't have heart. Tin man didn't have a heart, The scare crow didn't have a brain, have a brain, and the.
Speaker 2: Cardly line din't have carage. Correct? Wow? Are you going to see Wicked with Ariana Grande? I'm gonna want to now, Yeah, I have to because I love Ari. She's great. I grew up listening to Ari.
Speaker 1: Speaking of growing up, are you going to go to the UH Olivia Rodrigo concert to get podcast contraception. Oh wait, handing out contraception Delivia Rodrigo concert.
Speaker 2: No, I'm just gonna go. I don't care you bring.
Speaker 1: You can bring your own contraception in case she sees you in the crowd, b yoc man. Maybe she's into tall Italian radio guys or okay, short Italian radio guys. Yeah, short five elevens not short? You're not five eleven. I am five eleven. You're five to ten?
Speaker 2: Bullshit? Im five eleven?
Speaker 1: What Why are you doubting me? All right, because I'm five ten. You're a little taller than me. Exactly. If you're five, then you're five to ten. I'm five eleven.
Speaker 2: Either way, all right, don't worry.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 2: Anyway, we don't sound to play what we do.
Speaker 1: But briefly we wanted you wanted to address this TikTok thing that's going on. Oh yeah, they just passed through the House and now they're looking for the Senate to uh. The Senate is going to vote on it. By the way, the President said he is going to sign the bill. So now all eyes are on the Senate because if it passes through the Senate, this is a done deal.
Speaker 2: Explain what this done deal is.
Speaker 1: Okay, So TikTok is owned by a company. By the way, I've seen a lot of people who are outraged and making up their own stories about how politicians are in the pocket of Facebook. This is a bipart It's an issue. This has nothing to do with politics. No, no, no that. It's old people trying to keep young people down. It's trying to take away our bit of expression. We can't protest because they don't like us protesting. It's not about any of that. It's not now whether you agree or not, I happen to disagree with with this this decision. It is that TikTok is owned by a company called byte Dance. Okay, the company is owned well, all companies that are that are Chinese companies have to answer to China and and do whatever they say. However, Byte Dance has claimed they have isolated themselves. Their servers are run some of them are run by Oracle, and they're in operative work. They've claimed that they've yes. Okay, so their servers are in America, some of their headquarters are in the Philippines, and they have claimed that they have walled off any contact from China that China has no influence over them. However, because of Chinese laws, if China wanted to, they they could seize the information they kept guard it from you, the same information that Facebook gets, and they all of a sudden, you see, they're allowed to, okay, but they allegedly they haven't, by the way.
Speaker 2: Scares the shit out of me. That the fact that they could just pull the trigger on that.
Speaker 1: But go ahead now, now, whether or not they know that what my age of my birthday is, I don't give a shit. I don't think China is gonna one hundred and fifty million American users. What they're really worried about, because the algorithms aren't stored in America, is that China could during an election year, especially alter the algorithms, meaning what you see so that what you're a supporter of one party, they might skew that all of your videos are now anti the party you believe in, so that you start like doubting the party you believe in, or they might be pushing propaganda.
Speaker 2: They I generated election interference.
Speaker 1: It's just like election which is what a lot of countries were accused of in twenty sixteen. But again, all that aside, that's what they're most worried about. They're not trying to silence you take away your first amendment. Your first Amendment doesn't guarantee you the right to have a ticketime. I get it, all right, but I feel that the biggest threat here is the fact that they can seize information and then they'll know everything about me.
Speaker 2: I would rather America. They can know about you watch parrot videos on TikTok.
Speaker 1: I know that I would rather have an American company like Meta knowing all about me, because they say, well, Facebook and Instagram do the same thing, yes, except they're rooted and born here in America, on this soil. So so the fact is this, this Chinese company can then take everything.
Speaker 2: I'm worried. I don't like it.
Speaker 1: If it passes, God bless them. And if for anyone who they take away TikTok. You're saying God, But I'm okay with it, because I'll tell you why. Because like anything, like anything else, like anything else in life, one door closes, another one opens up. People are gonna complain already, they're already complaining. We'll think about how this is going to be a shot in the arm to the American economy because so many people's lives and the business depends on the shot in the arms a good thing. No, I'll not kicking the gut a punch of fucking face, whatever it is. A black guy, a black guy for the American and make their living off of TikTok. Correct, But here's might spread positive messages.
Speaker 2: Here's my rebuttal.
Speaker 1: They'll either go to reels or they'll find a new platform, American based, and they'll make their money that way. Because any why doesn't work, it will work. They'll tell you why it doesn't work. If you're on TikTok and you have a business and you have three point five million followers that now you're in. They show up in your algorithm because you're a follower, so you see that person you like. If they suddenly start from scratch, you have to rebuild millions of people. And if you take the same functionality, then you get sued by TikTok for stealing their technology.
Speaker 2: You can't just say, oh.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna wipe out an industry, I think, and then start a new industry. I think people who are entrepreneurs, they found their way to that platform, they'll find their way to the next one, and they will and they will make their money.
Speaker 2: And I think that that is a small price time. I think it's a small price. Jobs.
Speaker 1: People are gonna lose their jobs for months and months and months until someone develops that appen and then grows on the app.
Speaker 2: I think that's a gross exaggeration.
Speaker 1: I think I day there'll be there'll be a Schmick Schmock app and all of a sudden, those people will be making the same amount of money.
Speaker 2: Again. I don't know what you think.
Speaker 1: I think you you think the next day and there'll be another app. No, I think they'll find their way. I think that people are smart enough to be able to get their businesses better. And that didn't work. And by the way, you should never put your keep your eggs in one basket, you know, shame on people who did.
Speaker 2: Scary.
Speaker 1: How many industries can you work in? Yeah, but and entrepreneur your eggs in one if you and radio?
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: But we're talking about social media, which has several different there's several platforms. Okay, you're not shutting down social media.
Speaker 2: You're shutting down one arm of social media.
Speaker 1: So if someone decides that Elvis Duran is a propagandist and he needs to be. He needs to be he's getting money from China that they say Elvis Heck can't be on the radio anymore.
Speaker 2: Is it a fan of say that Scary.
Speaker 1: Jones will just land on another mega morning show in a week, that it'll be created and as successful as Elvis. If I'm talented, if I'm driven, Fuck yes, so far, there's no one in the country that's been able to replicate. And by the way, I'm sorry, I disagree and and personally, if it needs to go away because something, something, bigger is going on, I'll tell you why. Both sides of the fucking ile agree on this. Yes, so something and bigger is it? That means there's an imminent danger?
Speaker 2: Okay? What if? What if?
Speaker 1: Hold on, there's no imminent danger, but what IF's scary? In an election year both sides are trying to out America the other side.
Speaker 2: My god, no, no, I'm being I'm asking a question.
Speaker 1: What if both sides are trying to stand up to China because it looks good to stand up to China, then posturing, That's what I'm saying. I'm saying this posturing going on is what's going on.
Speaker 2: And I'll be honest with you.
Speaker 1: There's been rumors about some very shady people, American shady people who want to buy TikTok. Now would you be okay? Hey, if shady people bought TikTok.
Speaker 2: I'd okay. This is a dilemma. You have to pick between two bad situations.
Speaker 1: I would rather the shady American because they can actually be caught and put in jail, and they're on our own, And I would than in a foreign country.
Speaker 2: You can more.
Speaker 1: Easily monitor a foreign foreign country and put laws and ban them sharing information.
Speaker 2: You can't do that to an American company as easily.
Speaker 1: All I'm saying is I don't think TikTok and the information they steal from us is a problem. I think if I think, if you're fooled by your algorithm to change who you want to vote for, then you're you're probably easily change to be with this. This has nothing to do with politics, in my mind, absolutely does, at least that's what they're they're claiming. They're worried about China changing your algorithm and affecting the election and stealing your data.
Speaker 2: It isn't about stealing my data. Where where I'm worried. What stealing my data is where I'm worried. Yeah? Sorry, what is China?
Speaker 1: You never hear from me again on about about blue water, water bottle caps or anything else I've seen on TikTok parate videos. What when you signed up for TikTok? What information did you put in your screen name password? Did it ask you for your your your data, your name, your age, your way?
Speaker 2: No? So okay.
Speaker 1: So other than that, you might like radio videos and parrot videos and alien videos and some sports videos.
Speaker 2: What is China going to do with that information? What I think? I don't know. I don't know. I don't have the right, but I would rather do.
Speaker 1: Everybody has their information understood. Every Everyone's like, I don't want to be tracked by the government, but they're they're all American, and I'm okay because they're all American. Canada, what about Canada and Canada track? Yeah, I'm okay with half the apps on your phone a Canadian. What about Mexican apps I'm worried about overseas?
Speaker 3: Why?
Speaker 1: Well, anyway, that's that's the story. We'll see how it plays out. The Senate has to vote on it and we'll see. But here's the one thing I didn't mention. If it passes and the president signs it, he would he said, you will, okay, which which is the company that owns TikTok, will have six months to sell to an American company, So there's still plenty of time whatever happens. I'm okay with TikTok to be okay. Yeah, but remember TikTok lovers Team TikTok scary. It says fuck you.
Speaker 2: No, that's a way. You can't frame it that way. I didn't say it that way. I had.
Speaker 1: I expressed my concerns and my suspicions, and that's all.
Speaker 2: Well, they might find out your parrot videos are very popular with Birdie and scary. All right, sound, yeah, we want some sound? I got sound.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you tell me what it's called, and I'll tell you. I'll set it up. You sent me a lot of ship Brody, I sent.
Speaker 2: You fifteen clips. We're gonna play fifteen pieces of sound right here.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, should I tell you which ones are the most? What the hell is this? Let me go look ill you what is this?
Speaker 2: Slice time?
Speaker 1: Oh? Hey, listen, life time is awesome? Uh okay, you have space X rocket. Space man, you have space X rocket.
Speaker 2: Yes, I do.
Speaker 1: SpaceX launched a massive, the largest rocket ever into space as a test to see if they can someday future send people to the moon. Listen to this expert explain how big? Excuse me, the space X rocket is an expert.
Speaker 2: I can't hear it. I think China is behind this one. Oh that's it, yep, the heck you ready the hacking? You are ready.
Speaker 1: I just got hacked by China because they didn't like my commentary on this.
Speaker 2: That's it, all right, let's try this again. Huh Oh, it's bigger than the Empire State Building. It's a total of four hundred feet tall. Wait, that's not bigger than the Empire State Building.
Speaker 1: The Empire State Building is over fourteen hundred feet tall with the antenna. This guy said, the rocket is four hundred feet tall. That's as big as the Empire State Building.
Speaker 2: And what does this person do for the rocket? Nothing?
Speaker 1: He's an expert commentator that had come on to talk about the rocket, as long as he wasn't the one who built it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thank you building, right, what else you got? Wilson? Wilson?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so this is a New York sportscaster talking about I guess it was a well play the clip and I'll explain what you said wrong.
Speaker 2: You'll hear it.
Speaker 6: The Giants are portally met with Russell Wilson on Thursday for what was described as an exploatoria meeting.
Speaker 1: Explatory so it was all cursing. Yeah, I think exploratory. Exploratory, but yeah.
Speaker 2: So the explotive would have been yeesh, So exploatory meeting. Okay, love that you got. We go at this pace. We can get all fifteen of them in.
Speaker 1: What's the next one results? Okay, would you trust the product? This sounds like the nurse practitioner I saw, would you trust the product? And after you take the product to see if you were okay, gave you these results.
Speaker 2: As positive and negative results may.
Speaker 1: Occur false positive and negative results, so it's pointless.
Speaker 2: So you're a schizophrenic.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So it's like you take the test. You're like, oh, I want to see if I have I have HIV. I want to see if I have COVID. It could be false positive or negative, so either way, like why take the test? Yeah, that's dumb, all right, Well, they're just covering their ass that's legal lees self imposed. Oh from the Department of Redundancy department.
Speaker 2: Play the clip, right, he put his self and posed deadline on himself.
Speaker 1: Wait what he put himself? Posed deadline on himself? Who else could he put it on?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: So he just put his self and posed deadline done on him? Yeah, or he put a deadline on himself, right right?
Speaker 2: Okay? And PMFS, Oh.
Speaker 1: This is a guy who obviously made a little I don't know if I played the clip before, but he was talking about a different set of letters, and I guess PMS was on his mind. They are attempting to deter practical effects from the hooties and from the PMS's but our PMSS excuse.
Speaker 2: Me, opes he meant PMFS.
Speaker 3: He blamed.
Speaker 2: He blamed the HOUTHI rebels on conspiracy theory.
Speaker 1: Uh, oh, I don't remember what this is.
Speaker 2: Play it probably be obvious total football team.
Speaker 1: Dave embrace this whole villain element his conspiracy theory.
Speaker 2: Oh, we're underdogs on the road, this conspiracy theory. Did you not know why you pulled that? I don't remember now.
Speaker 1: It was It doesn't matter, Move on, da, it's conspiracy theory, he said, it's a conspiracy theory. What he meant was, it's a conspiracy that bothered me. It's like when people say spoiler alert.
Speaker 2: I didn't even not.
Speaker 1: It's it's a spoiler. Yeah, sorry about that. Your dog is booing you on that one?
Speaker 2: Oh shut up? Wow, let's talk to you. What are you playing? It's text? Oh? Text? Okay?
Speaker 1: So people, you you know people, let's say past tensive text. Care we say text someone? You say I texted them. I texted, right, I texted. You don't say I punched them. I punched them. You say punched them?
Speaker 2: So what's the plural? Hold on? What's the plural? Stop playing the clip? You fuck? What's the plural of text? One? Text? What is two of them? Texts? Texts with an ass? Listen to this guy.
Speaker 1: He's the guy who texts the Texas Texas.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I know a lot of people that that do that. It's not Texas, I know.
Speaker 1: All right, all right, what else you got the Kevin Neal and Conon O'Brien clips. Okay, so Kevin Neil and again it's grammar. But Kevin Neal and Conan O'Brien are two very bright comedians. They are trying to figure out how to say two people, two pronouns, and they can't seem to figure it out.
Speaker 2: And at the end they would never write, let's play the club.
Speaker 3: He got married?
Speaker 2: Did get married? Kevin Nealon got married? Where did h where?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 2: Where did you get me?
Speaker 6: We got married in Italy, you know, just her and me. They went to Harvard Me, I don't hear. And because we just wanted to get married.
Speaker 2: You get married?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so Italy and yeah, Connor O'Brian went to Harvard. Kevin Neelan says, Horr and me got married, and he goes, oh, no, herr and I right, And Connor goes, yeah, it's her and I.
Speaker 2: No, it's not.
Speaker 1: It's she and I. Yeah, and I even I knew that wrong. Were both wrong twice And he went to Harvard harv right, all right, all right, go ahead? Life and life insurance too, Life.
Speaker 2: Insurance to life insurance? What was life insurance? That played a clip?
Speaker 1: I think you should go back to the doctor and get a.
Speaker 2: Play the life insurance clip. I can't remember fifteen clip.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, okay, this guy, all right, this guy, okay, this guy is an actual guy doing a commercial for life insurance listen to the way he sounds, and then when he says he has no clue, tell me if you totally believe he has no clue.
Speaker 2: I had no idea I can sell my life insurance.
Speaker 1: Policy, you like, son of a bitch. No way, I have no idea, no idea. That guy has no idea.
Speaker 2: What his name is? Closets? Uh, closets? It played a clip. Oh wow, Brody, I'm calling you a I remember what the next one, the next three, or I just don't know. I'm calling your brain dog.
Speaker 1: Oh, I know what this is. It's a grammar one. It's a it's a professional commercial.
Speaker 2: And the woman using it, we're.
Speaker 1: So insignificant and trite. You forgot why you put this clip in. I mean, nope, I remember now, he said, instead of ah, shut up, dick, play the clip.
Speaker 2: Some people appreciate it.
Speaker 5: I got ann And this is my California closet story in my home.
Speaker 1: It is just my daughter and I for she couldn't read your course. Nope, her daughter and I me and my my daughter and me. Okay, okay, we've been over this a million times. Yes, you have a sexual pleasure for women. Okay, you gotta help me out here. This is a commercial for some product that enhances the sexual enjoyment for women, but she mentions men and I'm lost here. Maybe the slices can answer this question, or you can scary play the clip.
Speaker 4: Ladies, are you feeling satisfied in the bedroom? Men have their solutions, but women haven't had many options.
Speaker 1: Okay, she says, women, are you being satisfied in the bedroom? Men have their options, but women haven't had an option before? What are our options?
Speaker 4: Scary, Ladies, are you feeling satisfied in the bedroom? Men have their solutions, but women haven't had many options.
Speaker 1: What solutions the men have to ensure satisfaction in the bedroom? Apparently we we always finish. I mean according to her product, she's a product.
Speaker 2: We don't need it. She said, we have a solution. We have the Are you.
Speaker 4: Feeling satisfied in the bedroom? Men have their solutions, but women haven't had many options.
Speaker 2: A solution for men.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so that this product is something that women can use right to enhance the But he she says, oh matter, fine, they have solutions. What what solution is for Viago is to just have an erection? She's saying, we have solutions to experience more pleasure in the bedroom.
Speaker 2: I'd like to know. I think you're digging deep on this. If if that's what it took, I would do it. Godden kiss.
Speaker 1: Okay, this is a DJ on seats, and you tell me which part of these two things are wrong.
Speaker 2: Tommy's talking about kiss.
Speaker 5: You on this Monday on her name, kicking off your week the right way with the best rock and roll on the planet. You know it's true, and that's why you're here. And I welcome you to the party, and I'm going to start the show off today, but with the band that is always written in all caps. Actually, there are only two words in the English language that are always written in all caps, God and kiss.
Speaker 1: No, God is only capital G and lower case kiss is not always written in all caps.
Speaker 2: He's wrong on both. Wow, I mean you plan your whole day right?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 2: All right, all right?
Speaker 1: Corrine Jean Pierre, Jean Pierre okay, k Kreine Jean Pierre. Okay, is this another name?
Speaker 2: Shut up, dick.
Speaker 1: She is the White House spokesperson, right right, She's She's the person that goes on the on the podium and speaks to the White House press. Yep, Karein John Pierre. Listen to it doesn't matter who it is. Listen to her introduction here Kareem John Pierre.
Speaker 2: Star Tonight Peon.
Speaker 1: All right, this one just says women. Uh that was the one about the sex. Well, we did that women.
Speaker 2: I don't know what the women's clip is playing. It's different women. Oh noll, Women's good for him? Oh yeah, Okay, stop saying.
Speaker 1: They interviewed this guy and they said, would you vote for Nikki Haley for president? Right?
Speaker 2: And this is what he thinks about women, belle.
Speaker 5: Women's good for him.
Speaker 2: My book is I haven't done this and taken care of the house. And then that's that's the old thing, you know.
Speaker 3: But I'm old school.
Speaker 2: So yeah, so that's his fuel.
Speaker 1: Old school is old school when all you think women are good for is the kitchen and taking care of baby nineteen fifties at least.
Speaker 2: So that's why he's not voting for And that's old school. That's old school. Caught. This is boring me. Go ahead, let's not play court, all right? Goodbye, not playing court. We're out. You're ratitude, you're atitude. We're done.
Speaker 3: No, we're not done.
Speaker 2: That's it. No, I don't want to end on that note.
Speaker 1: I gotta have something one more thing we can't end on that you were you were very negative, will be positive.
Speaker 2: So net We're have another slice time coming up for you on Monday. Yep, that's positive. We're signing all your merch through the weekend and beyond. And uh and that's it. And I got to catch a flight to the Bahamas and uh and told Darren and his wife is, oh, yeah, oh we didn't get to that. Told Darren, wife is staying at your.
Speaker 1: Place, staying at my place, which is why we had to move rearrange stuff and why. Okay, so he's upstairs right now, let's give a talk back assignment time. Yes, Scary originally told Darren because he had to come into town for business, yep, he could stay in Scary's apartment.
Speaker 2: But then at the last minute he says.
Speaker 1: Oh, I'm bringing my wife to New York right now, so now, but stop because tonight they're sleeping on my couch here.
Speaker 3: No they're not.
Speaker 1: Wait, they're gonna go ahead tomorrow. But I'm away all weekend. So I had right right, I have away all weekend. So I told Darren, when you come to town, you could now use my bed, you know, the few times alone. I mean, his legs are gonna hang off the end now that his wife is here, they're both going to sleep in my bed together. That's not that's not right.
Speaker 2: That's my personal mattress. I don't know how I feel about this.
Speaker 1: He's gonna be climbing Mount Darren the whole weekend. You better put on sheets that you don't care about. I'm just so am I should I just disinvite them and say, hey, you guys, try at a hotel. Yeah, you got a rubber sheet you can put on the underneath?
Speaker 2: What do you got? I don't, dude, like a bedwetter rubber sheet? A rubber sheet?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 2: Is that what for people? To keep the bed the mattress dry?
Speaker 1: I think that you go to a hotel, slices, would you be okay with some couple, uh sleeping in your bed all week? You're ends with the couple they're sleeping in your bed, but you didn't you didn't approve of that. You wouldn't have to sleep You go to change your sheets when they leave. You should change them beforehand so they're not sleeping on your sheets.
Speaker 2: Well, you know they got to live with it. Oh, they're my guest. Oh you have no all right, we're at it because you know what, you were raised boys, boys,