Speaker 1: All right, We're back on your Monday with a brand new Second Date update for you know what you really love? Why you're really here? We get you. It's Brick and Jeffrey in the Morning, and we did try a new segment yesterday. Yes new for you, not new for us. No, not not for us. It's blind Love is where two people go basically on a blind date live on our radio show. And it was a mixed bag. Seventy five percent of listeners liked it, so you know, we love the comments coming in, so literally let us know. This one is from Clayton. He wrote, I have to know two things. One have you ever called someone who is actively listening to the Second Date Update live on the radio and they answer doing exactly what was going on? Here is where we pull the curtain.
Speaker 2: Back a little bit. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Those are pre recorded and they're not live on the radio because it takes forever for us to get a hold of these people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, would you guys answer a random called six thirty in the morning. I don't think so. Latest.
Speaker 1: Sometimes we go weeks before we can get the second person on the line, and the magic of editing we take out all those puns calls. Yeah, all the ringing and all the voicemails that we go to. And Clayton also wants to know, has anyone ever met through your show, like someone got rejected and then another viewer asked and got ahold of them. So we don't ever give out people's phone numbers. But if you listen to yesterday's Blind Love, is gonna say two listeners who wrote in for different things and it didn't work out. Yeah, we put them together.
Speaker 2: It's also good to know we can't give out people's info.
Speaker 1: Guys. No people do ask because they'll be like, I want to.
Speaker 2: Take out Amy.
Speaker 1: No, that is quite a lot. We're not going to do that. So hey, thanks for being here. Keep leaving those comments. If you're on the iHeartRadio app, go ahead and leave us a voice message as well. You can do that there. And hey, let's get into the brand new second Date update right.
Speaker 2: Now, the second Date Update. I'll admit, when I first started dating, I thought people went on dates to like find true love.
Speaker 1: That's funny, they give alone. I feel like you believe that for a long I really did.
Speaker 2: What a naive little boy way to think because some people, some people just date for the free meal.
Speaker 1: The fun of it. Somebody knew exactly.
Speaker 2: Some people just date because they need somebody to administer that EpiPen shot at the shellfish buffet. Oh my gosh, where I go. It's half off of crabs legs. I'm not gonna not eat that. So yeah, a lot of reasons. And today our listener Lucy is asking for a second date, even though she isn't one hundred percent sure why she wants to.
Speaker 1: Date this guy that's been there, Lucy.
Speaker 2: So hopefully just talking it out with us might give you some clarity. But welcome to the show.
Speaker 1: Hi, I love it. Like four minutes into our conversation, she just hangs up. She's like, no, actually, worth it was a bad choice.
Speaker 2: Well, Lucy, tell us about this guy that you met, like, start from the beginning.
Speaker 3: Okay, so his name is Nate. Okay, I just want to get everything out in the open because I'm confused. I am way better looking than this man and.
Speaker 1: It's coming in hot there. Okay, all right, I like it.
Speaker 2: Okay, I heard that he's not as good looking as you. I didn't hear what you said after that.
Speaker 1: Oh I only heard the humility, so that.
Speaker 2: Sorry, humble, Lucy, what was the other reason, Well, he's not chasing me the way that I normally get chased after a date. You normally have men like physically chasing you, or you just mean like, yeah.
Speaker 3: Possibly most of the time, Yes.
Speaker 1: Okay, can I guess? I mean not just his looks, but also his personality is probably not typically what you normally date.
Speaker 3: No, not really, Like we met on hinge and he seemed normal, like a nice guy, he's sort of cute special.
Speaker 2: Stopped gagging during the description.
Speaker 4: After my friends they're like, I'll give a guy a chance, I'll try something different, and then he stops talking to her, and it's like, what's wrong in the world?
Speaker 3: Is off?
Speaker 1: I like how she said he seemed normal and he's obviously abnormal because he's not going out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but even though he seemed normal and nice and totally out of the ordinary, you still went out with him? I did.
Speaker 3: I mean, yes, I was kind of bored, so I was like why not?
Speaker 1: Wow? Yeah, but personality can add the looks once you meet someone. So how was it when you first met him? Like, what was that moment?
Speaker 3: Like, well, he invited me to a bar for happy hour and it was kind of early for a date that was like five, Well.
Speaker 2: That's happy hour, yeah okay, okay, yeah, the late night crowds.
Speaker 1: So all right, So what happened?
Speaker 3: The conversation went, well, he was more confident than I thought he would be. He was dressed very well.
Speaker 1: When you can, I just ask, like, it sounds like you're saying he's more confident because you still think he's not very attractive. Correct, Okay, So I want to know when you very first saw him, what was your reaction.
Speaker 3: I think it was like, I'm doing this guy a favor.
Speaker 2: Okay, You're like, he's not crying yet, but he will be when I'm.
Speaker 5: Done with.
Speaker 3: I'm just being honest. Okay, you guys asked me the question.
Speaker 2: All right. Sometimes I do see couples and I'm like, Wow, she's gorgeous. How did he pull her?
Speaker 1: No, I'm wondering do girls do this and in their head it's like a charity case.
Speaker 2: Well, you have to understand, she's the one that's calling us right.
Speaker 1: Now, she's the one chasing him.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Okay, although there's a reason we didn't answer your first question, Jose, but that's okay, So tell us more what happens during this happy hour drink state.
Speaker 3: Conversation went well, and then he started asking about what type of food I like, and I was like, he's going to try to roll this into grabbing dinner with me.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, I thought. She's like, oh god, this guy's going to try and feed me too. Is that is that kind of where you're you're normally at, Lucy?
Speaker 3: I mean taking it sound like it's that of the ordinary, but that's not where my head was at the time.
Speaker 1: Okay, So you're excited to continue the day with him?
Speaker 3: Excited might be a strong word, like medium, excited.
Speaker 2: All right, okay, willing to go along with it a little longer, yeah, okay.
Speaker 3: But here's the weird thing. I tell him what kind of food I'm interested in, like Italian, Japanese, and his response cool, Well, anyway, this has been chill, but I gotta go meet up?
Speaker 2: What immediately?
Speaker 1: Do you that's not even a good review of the date, Like this has been chill.
Speaker 3: Why would you even ask what I like to eat? And I just said meet up with who? And he was like, oh, just a friend. I'll catch you later. Though, Oh, this guy.
Speaker 2: Maybe a huge player.
Speaker 4: This feels like the perfect so I think that he just maybe saw through that you weren't attracted to him and you were interested surface things.
Speaker 3: Did you miss that I am way better looking at him? Like he never should have had a chance because some.
Speaker 1: People aren't looking for just you gave off like I'm better than you vibes.
Speaker 2: But he did say I'll catch you later, so there's some hope for a second meet up there, did he ever? What was that the end of all conversation?
Speaker 3: Well, I texted him a little later and I said, hey, I had a really great time it was meeting you, and he just hearted it.
Speaker 2: Is that he could have just thumbs up there, and that would have been I can't.
Speaker 1: Wait to talk to this guy. I don't feel like, like, why do you want to go out with him again? It's just like a game. I don't don't Well, why are we calling him?
Speaker 2: Yeah, what made you reach out to us for help?
Speaker 1: Well, we have to hear his side.
Speaker 3: I'm too curious, Like, who did he have to meet that was more important than me at that moment?
Speaker 1: So I don't think you're going to like anything he said.
Speaker 2: Maybe his like family member was in the hospital and he had to go visit her or him at that point, would that change your mind.
Speaker 3: You don't say meet up with someone if you're going to the hot.
Speaker 2: Oh's pretty much dead right now. Meet up.
Speaker 1: She decided the moment she saw him that she was not going to go out with him again. It's just that he is.
Speaker 2: There is a little bit of a power dynamic going on, and I am excited to hopefully get him on the phone. We'll see what he has to say if he answers in your second date update. Right after this hold on second Date update, let's recap what we know about our listener, Lucy and her date with Nate the other day.
Speaker 1: It's a rough one, Jeff, Well.
Speaker 2: I don't know. Number one, according to her, she is way hotter than him.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Number two, he was lucky to be going out with someone as hot as she was. Sure. Number three, his personality was fine, but not as fine as her hotness. And despite all of that, uh huh, Nate was the one who cut their date short after just one drink.
Speaker 1: So weird. It seems like she's so deep.
Speaker 2: It is that he was confident to her.
Speaker 1: Yeah, why would he be confident?
Speaker 2: I'm not sure, but it's all very unusual for Lucy. Clearly, it's got her a little bit flustered, very confused, which is the reason why she wants us to give him a call and get some answers. Right, Lucy, you.
Speaker 3: Guys make me sound like I'm so shallow.
Speaker 1: I'm not, Okay, you know what. I think that just the conversation we had made that happen. But yeah, but I am.
Speaker 3: Just trying to paint a picture for you here. I think it's very important to note that I am, in fact hotter than him, Okay.
Speaker 2: Saying factually like a bra We're not disputing that.
Speaker 1: We're all agree I want photos.
Speaker 2: Well, don't you get under We're all taking your word for it. But I think what what, what would really help us is if you could think of one nice thing to say about him that we could bring up once we get him on the phone, Something that you liked.
Speaker 3: About him, that he really did hold down a conversation.
Speaker 1: Well okay, and you actually sounds sincere about that, which I appreciate.
Speaker 3: Okay, when I say he did that, he barely did it, but he did it.
Speaker 2: Okay, But I'm just going to make a note he knows how to have a conversation, so that I can compliment him sort of.
Speaker 1: But it just ended there.
Speaker 2: I'm just going to bring it up to him just so we could say something nice and that usually helps people open up a little.
Speaker 1: Sounds like a confident, great guy.
Speaker 2: Okay, so let's hope he holds a conversation. We're going to talk to him on the radio if he answers. First, we got to get him on the phone. Let me dial in. We'll see if he picks up, and then we can move from there. Here we go. Hell, hey is this Nate?
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, cute voice.
Speaker 2: Coming.
Speaker 1: Can you give him some compliments?
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, this is We're a radio show. We're called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 1: Welcome to the show.
Speaker 2: Good morning.
Speaker 5: Uh yeah, I'm a little busy right now. And what's going on?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so we won't take up too much of your time. What we're doing is a segment it's called a second Date Update, where we're trying to help one of our listeners get back in touch with you after you two went out on a hot date the other.
Speaker 1: Night, A short date. I think he ended it pretty short.
Speaker 3: Who are you talking about?
Speaker 2: Uh? It's a woman named Lucy.
Speaker 5: Lucy Yeah, okay, super serious to laughing.
Speaker 3: It totally checks out.
Speaker 5: It totally checks out that she would be the one calling.
Speaker 2: Yeah, checks out. What does that mean?
Speaker 5: Yeah, she's texted me like four times in the last couple of days, Like I barely sponsor her.
Speaker 2: So that's okay. So clearly you you know what you're doing here. This is all on purpose.
Speaker 1: It's a power play.
Speaker 5: It sounds like, well, it's just she's that type of girl, Like there's a type.
Speaker 1: What does that mean? Explain the type.
Speaker 5: Though, Like she's very attractive, but she's been told all her life since she's attractive, so she knows it. And then she's like, no, I'm better and I'm like, okay, relax.
Speaker 1: So do you do you not like her?
Speaker 3: Then?
Speaker 1: Like is that negative or positive? I can't tell.
Speaker 5: No, She's fine, Like it's just a matter of like there's two things you got to deal with with women, like Lucy, keep the date really short, right, that's the thing. You got to keep the date really short. Like I knew that if I kept the date going longer longer, I had the suspicion that she was like, oh good.
Speaker 2: A free meal out of me.
Speaker 5: And I'm not That's not what I'm about.
Speaker 2: Okay, So this this is like a rule of strategy that you've come up with for dating beautiful women.
Speaker 5: It's not just beautiful women, it's beautiful women who know that they're beautiful and think that they're better than you because they're beautiful.
Speaker 3: Good.
Speaker 1: Okay, wait.
Speaker 2: A specific type of girl. Well then most women in my case, I don't get.
Speaker 1: It though, Like you want to keep the date short because you want to keep her attracted to you, or you want to keep the date short because you don't ever want to see her again.
Speaker 5: No, it's definitely because I want to keep her interested. And you're a woman like Lucy. The longer the date goes, the less interested she becomes because she knows all about you.
Speaker 2: So you mentioned earlier there's two things that you always do. You keep the date short. Was one short?
Speaker 5: You don't give them any information. You just hey, I gotta go talk to you later.
Speaker 1: So when you said you were going to meet up with a friend, that was a lie.
Speaker 5: That wasn'tna lie. That was we were at the gym. I want to I want to go to the gym to meet a friend at the gym, but I'm not going to give her specifics. I'm not gonna win and when and with who, because I know that the moment I say that, all the mystery is gone.
Speaker 2: Wow wow, oh my god. Yeah, who's used to dating?
Speaker 1: Okay, so she found she found someone who. I mean, that's what it is.
Speaker 2: So clearly you seem to have some sort of strategy with her. Well a very a very your plan. When do you plan to actually meet up with her again? Like how do you make that happen?
Speaker 5: Well, when I'll reach out to her, I'll say like, Hey, do you want to get a COVID drinks or do you want to get some dinner tonight? And it's always got to be like last.
Speaker 1: Minute, Okay, throw her a bon I've.
Speaker 5: Been dodging her and I've been keeping it vague for so long that now she's gonna be like, oh I got it track with the irons hot that that's all.
Speaker 2: Right, just plan. Yeah, you're breaking Brooks spirit. The more that you talk about it's just like.
Speaker 1: Proud of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think she's proud of himself with this.
Speaker 1: Energy or go out with someone who thinks they're better.
Speaker 5: Than you, Like, yeah, I definitely wouldn't do this with everybody. I don't do this whole like every woman is the same thing. I just know the type of woman. And when I asked her, Hey, what do you like to eat? And she's like hinting, like the most expensive restaurants.
Speaker 2: This come on, dude, Yeah, you know how these women are. They try and like manipulate you. They try and like tell you how to live the relationship. And then and then they wait on the other line of this phone call, listening in on this radio show, this entire time and everything that you said.
Speaker 3: Right, well, what are you talking about? What did that mean? Well?
Speaker 2: I thought I thought you would have known by now. Lucy's on the other line listening to this what Yeah, that's how this works, Lucy, are you there?
Speaker 5: Hi?
Speaker 3: Nathan?
Speaker 2: He was Nate before his full name.
Speaker 3: You seriously thought like you were gonna hit my confidence. Baby, you can't bread crumb me, Okay, I own the bakery.
Speaker 5: Oh oh god, Lucy, Lucy, you can't say all of this after you've called the radio station to get afforded.
Speaker 1: You're not.
Speaker 3: I'm not. I'm a curious about why you were being an asshole. And now I know because you like games.
Speaker 5: What I just I'm better at the game than you are.
Speaker 3: To pick up artist, Okay, you think negging women is the way to go. You are an age.
Speaker 5: No, that's not at all. That's not true at all. I think negging you is the right way, Honey.
Speaker 3: It doesn't work that way, It doesn't.
Speaker 1: It just did.
Speaker 5: You literally called the radio station to get hold of me?
Speaker 2: How you say that?
Speaker 3: No one like? No one me like.
Speaker 5: That, nobody does.
Speaker 1: He's talking.
Speaker 2: At the same time. Her defense a lot. She did say, Remember, even if he likes me, I don't want.
Speaker 5: To go out with him again.
Speaker 1: I mean, here's the thing, Lucy, like, it's not that you're beautiful, it's that you're I ams gorgeous. The reason he's playing the game is because you go around acting like you're better than everybody else, And that is fact.
Speaker 3: Are facts? I am looking than Okay, well, yeah he's listening to this, Lucy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, she absolutely is better looking to me. But I have a wrapped around my little finger.
Speaker 3: Oh, I got your finger right here? Okay, can you get the one?
Speaker 6: Wow, let's save that for the bedroom, guys, because this is getting a little bit spicy. What I think I'm trying to just read between the lines of that conversation and what Lucy was trying to say is she's willing to give you one more chance.
Speaker 2: To do the day the right way.
Speaker 1: Wait, I think she's talking right now.
Speaker 2: Well, Lucy, this is going to be my time because we're running. We're running short here because I have to ask Nate, would you be willing to go out with Lucy one more time?
Speaker 3: You asked me. You don't need to ask him.
Speaker 1: I reject him, You reject him?
Speaker 2: Whoa is that?
Speaker 1: Was that your last power move?
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm not even gonna say yes or no.
Speaker 5: That's the beautiful I'm just gonna leave it vague and I'll just wait for her text later.
Speaker 1: He's so good, so good, Alexis wants to tell you, all right, it's a game of chicken. You need to see you. I'll text you.
Speaker 2: He's gonna text to first, Nathan.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be her.
Speaker 2: Jeffrey in the morning. Is it just me or was that guy like the hot girl whisperer. He just knows exactly what to say any hot girl to have them eating out of his hand.
Speaker 1: I don't think it's that hard when they're not that deep, jeff.
Speaker 2: But that that in itself is like a crazy difficult thing for a guy to do.
Speaker 1: But why would you want to? That's my whole point. There's plenty of hot girls to have substance, Like, why would you want one without it?
Speaker 4: Show me one, jeff It's not a hey.
Speaker 1: Right here, she's a hot girl with substance. That's nice of you, that's true, silent, But I'm glad you think.
Speaker 2: I mean, this whole strategy really was just like basically, don't say anything right for guy. Yeah, yeah, just stay vague, don't tell them, which is interesting and this is why I'll never get dates because I can't shut up. So if we want hot girls to listen to our podcasts, I guess we should just be vague about it. Yeah. So, uh, any hot girls, it's online somewhere, comedians, Yeah, go find it. We got a bount.
Speaker 1: You're never going to date someone higher.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but think about the hot girls are going to listen to our podcasts.
Speaker 1: I'm sure, yeah, they can't resist you.
Speaker 2: By the way, the official one is Brook and Jeffrey's Second Date Update. There's a lot of fakes and knockoffs right now.
Speaker 1: So don't I mean, seriously, thank you.
Speaker 2: Brook and Jeffrey Second Date Update. Find it online wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 1: Brook and Jeffrey in the morning,