Speaker 1: Second Date up dates.
Speaker 2: A woman emailed us for a second Date update recently named Jamie, and in her email, Jamie says she gets hit on by guys all the time and she's so over it.
Speaker 3: Good on you, Jamie.
Speaker 2: Girl, preaching to the choir. My LinkedIn account is like a thirst trap. Every time I log in there, I got these billionaire CEOs DM and me like, hey, jeff, I got a job for you if you're interested.
Speaker 4: And I'm like, oh, well, maybe you should have major LinkedIn profile.
Speaker 3: Pick that shirtless one you have.
Speaker 2: I didn't know. Yeah, I don't mean. I'm getting a lot of hits on my account. What can I say? So, Jamie, I feel you.
Speaker 3: If you're getting hit on so much, why are you on the phone with us?
Speaker 5: I find that most guys, especially if they're attractive, are kind of the same. Okay, there's not a lot going on, right, And so.
Speaker 3: I'm guessing you met one that was hot and smart.
Speaker 5: Yes, and amazingly original.
Speaker 2: Does he have a name Jeremy?
Speaker 3: Where'd you meet Jeremy?
Speaker 5: Men online? And he had the best pickup line ever.
Speaker 3: Share share dade.
Speaker 5: No, it's awesome. So he texted me, he said, do you like water? And I said yeah, and he wrote, good because you already like seventy percent of me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's so bad. Oh my god, you like that?
Speaker 5: Huh he's a funny dude.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, I love it. You loved it. So how did the conversation go?
Speaker 5: It was awesome.
Speaker 6: And then so he invited me to dinner and we both loved Chinese.
Speaker 5: So we did that, and like when you walked in, I was like, oh my god, he's totally adorable.
Speaker 3: My gun, you were so excited. What were you feeling? Were you nervous?
Speaker 5: Were you I was probably nervous, But like he looked like the cutest shark, Like he looked like a shark.
Speaker 2: The water stuff.
Speaker 3: Again, why do you say you look like a shark?
Speaker 5: Because his eyes were like far apart, like on each side of his head a little bit.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Typically that's not.
Speaker 2: A good thing.
Speaker 4: I mean, I grew up in small town, Idaho, and you gotta watch out for those eyes being you know, it's usually a sign.
Speaker 7: Of I don't know.
Speaker 5: I mean, I just I thought it was adorable, Like he was like my little stuffed shark.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: I really hope you didn't say it to him. No, no, okay.
Speaker 5: But he was seriously cute.
Speaker 4: Okay, we're gonna trust you on that one because the description isn't matching up with that hammer.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So, how how was the romantic connection between you and Shark boy?
Speaker 5: It was intense, definite chemistry with a lot in common. We were both This is so silly, but it was so cool. We were both our high school mascots.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, I will say I think that that takes a particular personality, and if you can be a mascot, you probably are attracted to other mascots, and.
Speaker 2: That's why you're so all going.
Speaker 8: Probably.
Speaker 5: Yeah, were you the sharks at your high school? I was an Indian.
Speaker 3: Questionable these days?
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, don't post those pictures online.
Speaker 2: We apologize to all our listeners who are going to be offended.
Speaker 4: Please please tell me he was something like a tiger.
Speaker 3: Please please tell me a tiger.
Speaker 5: He was a hippop.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. I can't think of a worse high school mascot than like quicksand maybe would be worse. Oh my god, quicksand we suck.
Speaker 5: But you have to under stand I collect hippos.
Speaker 3: Wow, we just came full circle. Are you being for real?
Speaker 5: Did you sign I collect hippos?
Speaker 2: Jamie? We have to ask is this a real call? Is this real? This doesn't even this sounds like you're making this up.
Speaker 3: I mean, think about it, Jamie. You went out with a guy whose eyes are so far apart.
Speaker 2: He looked like a shark.
Speaker 4: You were mascots, you'res incredibly racist, and.
Speaker 2: You collect supposed he.
Speaker 8: Okay, we have a break for you guys. Listen every REQUI I believe in love. I think your date has gone great so far. You have tons of chemistry.
Speaker 2: You know these guys seen you're a weirdo together. I gotta tell you, it's a really bad sign when Jose signs off his sign of approval on a date.
Speaker 3: So did you kiss shark boy?
Speaker 5: He paid for dinner, okay, and we were leaving and I could tell he was nervous. So I actually walked him to his car and it was like the time for like maybe a kiss to happen and then you're done. But he didn't do it, like he just said. He was like, I gotta go, I'll call you in a bit, and it kind of ended abruptly.
Speaker 3: You So, what's your theory? Why do you think he's not calling you back.
Speaker 5: I think he liked me, but he's just nervous or.
Speaker 2: He didn't see you call because of his eyes. Oh my god, you can't leave him alone.
Speaker 1: Come back.
Speaker 5: All together.
Speaker 2: I'm so sorry. Yes, we're gonna play a song. We're gonna pull it together, and we're gonna come back and we're gonna call this guy and get your second date update. Okay, Oh god, Jamie, Okay, we love you.
Speaker 1: Hold on freaking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 4: You're in the middle of a second date update update, and we're gonna find out how the couple is doing right after you here part two.
Speaker 7: Dates.
Speaker 2: Okay, yes, okay, we've composed ourselves. Yes, we got the giggles out. We're ready to focus.
Speaker 3: Professionals.
Speaker 2: If you're just tuning in, we're on the phone with Jamie and she recently went out with a guy that she met online named Jeremy.
Speaker 3: Do you see how serious his voice is?
Speaker 2: They took a drive, then they bonded over both being high school mascots. He was a hippo, she was something that's not PC to say, and that night at the Chinese restaurant, it was a feeding frenzy. Nothing was left on that plate. Oh why, but things did go well. Yeah, Jamie even thought she was going to get a kiss at the end of the night, but instead Jeremy said he'd called her and that has not happened. Yeah, so she's looking for our help, and I really want to get you another date.
Speaker 5: Okay, Jamie and I want another date. I've gated a lot of guys.
Speaker 4: This is the one who Okay, let's not put too much pressure on it before we call him.
Speaker 2: A lot of fish in the sea, but this is the show that has stolen her heart. All right, Let's call him and see if we can get you a second date update. Okay, okay, all right, here we go.
Speaker 7: Hello.
Speaker 2: Can I speak to Jeremy please, Jeremy speaking. Hey Jeremy, My name is Jeffrey from the radio show Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning. Do you have a moment to talk with us.
Speaker 7: How can I helpe you?
Speaker 1: Guys?
Speaker 2: Well, we do something on our show called a second date update. That's where if you go out on a date with someone and afterwards they're not calling you back, you can reach out to us and will give them a call to try and figure out the reason why and recently, you went out on a date with a woman named Jamie.
Speaker 7: Okay, okay, gotcha, all right, So.
Speaker 2: You're not calling her back, and that's a little bit confusing to her because she says that she had a great time with you that night.
Speaker 7: Okay, she told you about her date.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I mean she mentioned a few things. She said that you guys met online, and she mentioned that she was attracted to your look and your personality, and she.
Speaker 3: Said you had an awesome pickup line about the.
Speaker 7: Water the water thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, see e when you're tickled with yourself.
Speaker 2: So she told us that she thought there was even going to be a kiss at the end of the night, but you just got in your car and kind of took off and got out of there. So it kind of sent mixed messages and she wants to know, like, what's going on. Why aren't you getting back to her.
Speaker 7: We have a lot in common. We were both like mascots in our high school.
Speaker 1: Yeah right.
Speaker 2: She mentioned that that you were the hippos and yeah, is.
Speaker 7: That what it is?
Speaker 3: Is that what you did?
Speaker 4: Go hip?
Speaker 7: Yeah one more time? Please you do like a big woo And then everybody in the stadium goes whoooo.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's actually way cooler than I expected it to be.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So what's the deal, then, why aren't you calling her?
Speaker 7: Well, it's really not been that long. It's only been I think what seven I mean a weekend.
Speaker 4: Are you just playing the super cool game and you're gonna wait like a month and a half before you call the back?
Speaker 7: No, Look, she told you, guys that we went out for Chinese food. M hm okay. So at the end of a meal at a Chinese restaurant, you get a fortune cookie. Yeah, And I'd look down at this fortune cookie at the end of our date and it actually made my heart skip a beat. Seriously. It was one of those like Fate is telling me something right.
Speaker 3: Now, or it's just a fortune cookie that was made in a giant factory.
Speaker 1: And hold on.
Speaker 2: They come to you for a reason the cookie.
Speaker 3: Get one for you, says the guy who buys scratch lotto tickets.
Speaker 8: All right, all right, Jeremy, what does it say?
Speaker 7: It says you're not with the right person in your life right now? Old love comes back.
Speaker 3: Oh no, you're not over your ex, are you? Is that what we're hearing?
Speaker 7: There's one person who Yeah, I still definitely have feelings for but it's the fortune more than it is like the possibility.
Speaker 2: Of that this stop.
Speaker 4: I mean like you're making you're making life decisions based on what a cookie is telling you, like fortune you guys, listen. I mean you've got to say that out loud right and think that that is pretty ridiculous.
Speaker 7: I don't think it's that crazy, Like, yeah, sure, there's definitely some superstition in there, but like some.
Speaker 3: It's all superstitions. Jeremy, like, you liked her.
Speaker 2: So have you heard from your ex then?
Speaker 1: Or have you not? I have not?
Speaker 7: Okay, So it's a waiting game, I think, is what the fortune cookie started, Like, oh so you're waiting?
Speaker 2: Okay, how long do we have to wait?
Speaker 7: So right now, I was thinking a month? Can't I don't get committed to anyone for a month? And I see what happens?
Speaker 8: Okay?
Speaker 3: Is that the time limit on the fortune cookie? I mean, here's the thing. You're reading so much into this.
Speaker 4: They the fortune cookie could have been talking about something totally different than a romantic partner.
Speaker 7: Do you have said like you if you're not with the right person? Right? I literally looked up and saw her staring into my eyes across the table.
Speaker 3: Oh, so she did everything right. It was just the cookie.
Speaker 7: I mean almost like the problem was that everything was going to write. Ah. The fortune cookie was like take a step back.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, what do you tell someone?
Speaker 2: Well, I guess we don't have to tell her anything because Jeremy already did. Because Jeremy, we didn't let you know this before. But Jamie's been on the other line listening this entire time, and she wants to talk to you. You're not serious, fortune, says I am Jamie.
Speaker 5: Hey, it's Jeremy.
Speaker 7: Sexually, it's good to hear from you. I guess. So I heard what you said, and I get it.
Speaker 6: I mean, we talked about fate and right place, right time and signs and think I just.
Speaker 5: Wish I just wish you didn't say that, because we such a good connection.
Speaker 7: I will say, it's not that I don't want to go out with you forever now, it's just if something happens in the next month, I would feel remiss to not follow up on that. You know, like maybe another fortune will come up, you know, maybe you get Chinese food more often and next time I'll get a fortune that's like, no, no, that was right one.
Speaker 2: Just regardless cookie.
Speaker 7: Yes, I guess I have the lucky numbers on the back of my fortune cookie too.
Speaker 5: What if I guess the lucky numbers? Would that be a good sign?
Speaker 2: If I can guess some of the lucky numbers, it makes just as much sense as taking your dating advice from the fortune cookie. So let's try it.
Speaker 7: I mean, how about just let's just try to land one of them?
Speaker 2: All right, that's more realistic.
Speaker 5: I got I have a number in my gut.
Speaker 7: Oh, okay, what is it?
Speaker 5: Okay, nervous?
Speaker 3: Eleven?
Speaker 7: Eleven?
Speaker 5: That's the number I was thinking.
Speaker 3: I'm not even joking, Jerry.
Speaker 2: Maybe you're supposed to date brook Brook believes now now you're about it.
Speaker 3: Just felt like hippo and eleven. We're together for some reason.
Speaker 1: What is it is?
Speaker 3: Eleven? There is eleven?
Speaker 1: There?
Speaker 3: I'm invested.
Speaker 7: Now, Yeah, eleven's there.
Speaker 5: Did she just override the cookie?
Speaker 7: No, here's what I'm thinking. Here's what I'm thinking. The eleventh of next month. Second eight?
Speaker 2: Wame man, that's a long wait, Jeremy. She guessed the number on your fortune cookie, and that seems like a sign for me to ask you if you'd like to go out on another date with her, because we'll pay for it.
Speaker 7: You know, my superstition's getting the best of you, guys. I'm sticking with the eleventh of next month. It's in the start.
Speaker 2: Oh come on, well he's not at least right.
Speaker 3: Will you wait that long? Jamie? Do you want to wait that long?
Speaker 5: I can wait until the eleven O.
Speaker 8: See, hey, look, doesn't mean you guys can't text each other and talk, You just can't meet until the eleven.
Speaker 7: Yeah. I mean, if you want to send me a few picks before the eleventh, it would be nice to at least see you again.
Speaker 2: Maybe dress up in your high school mascot out there over again.
Speaker 7: Oh stop, stop, Jeremy, I will see you on the eleventh.
Speaker 5: I'm marking on my calendar right now.
Speaker 2: All right, well, I'm looking forward to it. Congratulations, Jamie, we got you your second date. Just you have to wait a little bit. Huzzah, Okay, huzza.
Speaker 7: I hear your girl.
Speaker 1: Brooking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 2: That was a second date update from a few months ago. And our producers have been reaching out to Jeremy and Jamie, and finally one of them has responded. Only one only one. Right now, we've got Jamie back on the line. Jamie, thanks for joining us again.
Speaker 3: Hi. Hi, that's a sad one.
Speaker 4: Please don't tell me there was another fortune cookie in between the time we talked.
Speaker 3: In the eleventh we were supposed to go on a date.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what happened, Jamie?
Speaker 6: Well the eleventh was coming, that was supposed to be our date, and well I got a DM from Jeremy and it said that he had gotten involved with his.
Speaker 3: Exh So he did hook back up with his eggs.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, so you know, I'm sorry. You know, have a good story. Really, I was trying to tell your producer when he called it, I don't have any updates, and so I felt like, I, why are we doing this. I wouldn't eat guys down.
Speaker 4: Why are we shaming me for being stood up? That's not what we're doing. We just wanted to hear from me, I mean, and that's real life, man.
Speaker 2: But here's the thing, Jamie, because actually there is something else that you don't know. What turns out, Jeremy did respond to our email. He did, and he's actually on the other line wanting to say something to you. To be a surprise like that Jeremy.
Speaker 7: You there, Hey, Jamie, Wow, Hi?
Speaker 3: What are you just there to rub salt in the wound talking about how great you know.
Speaker 7: Here's what happened, though, is we went in on a couple of dates and it was like we really didn't click anymore. And I've gotten a fortune or two between now and then. It makes me think like maybe I messed up big.
Speaker 3: This is exhausting.
Speaker 2: I feel like I need to buy I need to buy stock in Panda Express just because of Jeremy and his day.
Speaker 3: Wait are you asking her out again right now?
Speaker 7: Yeah? I feel really bad about how it played out. But honestly, I think like maybe we went through all of this for a reason.
Speaker 4: Okay, you can you can know that there's no other better option out there that real solidself.
Speaker 2: What do you think, Jamie? Are you going to give Jeremy a second second chance?
Speaker 3: That'd be a third chance?
Speaker 2: Well, no, I can't count that high. I can only go two seconds.
Speaker 5: I think I just need to check my runes first. Like, honestly, your ruins, I don't know what that is. Your ruins are the pebbles You've never done rune.
Speaker 2: It sounds like you and Jeremy are men for each other. Between your fortune cookies and your runs, you guys are going to make amazing relationship.
Speaker 3: Oh, I just don't go out when Mercury is in retrogue.
Speaker 1: Don't do that.
Speaker 2: It sounds like you two.
Speaker 5: Are going to go out again, though I need to check my fortune before I do any of this.
Speaker 3: Well, I don't want to do another one.
Speaker 2: Keep us up, you guys, thanks for being on with us again.
Speaker 1: Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning