Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news.
Speaker 2: This is the closing bell on this stock movers report, the company's making moves at the close of US trading with Carol Masser, Tim Stenobeck, Romain Bostick, and Scarlett foul.
Speaker 1: All right, let's go to the S and P. Five hundred most names in the index. Hire guys today three hundred and fifty nine gaining ground, one hundred and forty two to the downside, Matt too unchanged.
Speaker 3: Take a look at the industry groups moving higher, and you'll see pretty much all of them that aren't defensive did So you've got consumer staples down. And if you look at the S and P, which is I think Katie agrees, you know much better yardstick, it's the index, you can see that you had a lot of consumer staples on the downside, Procter and Gamble. You had Philip Morris at one point one of the biggest losers on the index, Altria Group. Also, these are things that you know you either need to buy again every month or you're just addicted to so you have no choice. But for the for the most part, you had every other group rising. Healthcare you see down, but really just unchanged.
Speaker 1: All right, guys, let's get to some of the individual gainers. No surprise, I'm going to talk about Broadcom. Of course, tick er avgo up as much as almost eleven percent, finishing the day with a gain of just shy of ten percent, number two gainer in the S and P five hundred, number one gainer in the nasdaquin hundred, no number two, forgive me, but nonetheless really just pushed the whole semi sector higher in today's session. This as open ai signed a multi year agreement with Broadcom to collaborate on custom chips and networking equipment. So it's the latest step in open AI's ambitious plan to add computing infrastructure. But it really gave some juice to Broadcom, all right. The other thing that was kind of a broader story today was when you look at rare earth and critical mineral stocks rising, fallowing strong gains among Asia in peers fresh tensions between Beijing and Washington over China's exports of critical minerals, fueling bets on alternative suppliers. So two names. I just want to show critical materials, critical medicals. Try this again. Shall we try that again?
Speaker 2: Take two?
Speaker 1: Everybody?
Speaker 3: Three? Two?
Speaker 1: One, Critical Medals up almost fifty five percent in today's session, and then MP Materials up just about twenty one percent. Remember MP Materials is the one that the US government has taken a stake in, along with some other investments in raw materials companies. And then I got to mention Warner Brothers up almost four percent. Here this as the company according to reports that sided people familiar with the matter of rejected Paramount skuy Dance's initial takeover approach for being too low.
Speaker 4: Can I just go ahead?
Speaker 3: Can I just interject with a little bit of an editorial comments?
Speaker 4: This is very Roman of you, So go ahead.
Speaker 5: I know.
Speaker 1: I'm like, well, I thought I could get through it and then just pass the botagal take.
Speaker 3: Has Carol, because you and Tim were there at screen time last week. Yeah, I Lucas Shaw's conversation with David Ellison was amazing.
Speaker 5: It was amazing.
Speaker 3: I understand so much more about the company, about the industry, about their aim.
Speaker 1: That's funny because Laura Martin of Needham said, she goes, I don't feel like that David Ellison has really laid out his strategy and he keeps making these acquisitions, but not kind of saying what the overall strategy is. I'm just just sharing you because she talked with us at screen time.
Speaker 3: I just thought it was good, so good.
Speaker 4: I can listening to it if you haven't, or buy tickets for next year. Billy. There were stocks that felt today.
Speaker 5: There are stocks that felt today. And the worst performer in the S and P five hundred is not in the Dow Jones industrials. Katie. That is Fast and all Tick your fast following the most since March twenty twenty. This came after earnings. COO told Carol and I that their stock was actually price of perfection and that's why they were down. But analysts called out some soft pricing overshadowing results that at the top line actually weren't that bad. And I want to call out this second and third one worst performers in the S and P five hundred casino stocks. We saw both Las Vegas Sands and Win Resorts under pressure, each falling more than six percent. Not because people aren't going to Las Vegas, but there's a holiday on the other side of the world and that's Golden Week, and we saw MACAU data disappointing, so investors really selling down those two stocks again, Las Vegas Sands tick her LVS down more than six percent, worst drop since earlier in the month, but closing at the lowest level since June. And guys, I just want to wrap up with one of my favorite stocks to cover, beyond meat, ticker b y N.
Speaker 1: Could you like to eat it?
Speaker 5: I do not like to eat it. I'm I questioned it as a little concerning how it bleeds, but it was. It was at one point one of the best stocks to IPO ever. Very real it was.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 3: It was.
Speaker 5: You know, it's a very logical fundamental argument, at least when when the stock was trading for whatever number it was, but closing at a record low, losing about half its value. This came after debt investors swapped their notes for shares, diluting investors. So it does seem like h burn to the end for beyond meat.
Speaker 4: Yeah, pour out some beet juice for beyond meat. The bond market was close today. It was one of those weird days where equities were opened, bonds were closed. I wanted to take a look at TLT here though, this of course tracks twenty year treasuries and beyond and you can see that it's just about flat. On the day it opened up lower. That would have meant that yields were higher, but you can see it finished just about unchanged.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.