Speaker 1: Hey, folks, it's Lyle. Before we get into the episode, I wanted to talk to you guys about a new thing I'm doing where you can help support my lizard endeavors by becoming a premium member of this podcast over at Therapy Gecko dot supercast dot com. Premium members, or gek Legends, as I call them, we'll be able to get every new and existing episode of Therapy Gecko completely ad free. They'll also get a bonus podcast episode once a month, a bonus live show episode once a month from all of the live shows I've been doing around the world, a member's only live stream once a month. Plus you'll also support my ability to continue, hopefully doing this podcast for a long time, doing it around the world, and also supporting my ability to occasionally go eat a slice of pizza. Go to Therapy Gecko dot supercast dot com or find the link in the episode description to become a gek legend today. All right, let's get into the episode.
Speaker 2: Hello, Hello, how are you good?
Speaker 3: How are you?
Speaker 1: I am a gecko on the computer and your name is Megan. Correct correct it sounded it sounded weird, Megan? What's up? How's life?
Speaker 3: I sounded weird. A you sounded weird.
Speaker 1: I sounded weird. But you sound a little weird too, Hugh. The human voice is strange. It's no one's fault. What's up, Megan, How's life.
Speaker 3: Not too bad? Just got home from work so it was a very long day. But yeah, I've been listening to your show a lot recently and I decided I would call in to end my night.
Speaker 1: Well, Meghan, uh, it says here that you wanted to talk about a you wanted to talk about playing competitive nude volleyball around the country, and that HBO is doing a documentary about your nude volleyball group. MM.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I got introduced to it in twenty eighteen. You know, I grew up playing volleyball and a friend of mine, you know, mentioned that they go to it and the volleyball, you know, is really really good, and I was like, you know what, why not? So I went? And you know how they work is I call it a circuit. There are tournaments that the first tournament is in March, that's what opens this season, and then the last tournament is in September, and there's about one a month and they're at all you know, different nudest resorts. So there's two in Florida, three in Pennsylvania, one in Virginia, and so on. And basically, you know, it seems super strange when you first hear it. So for me, it was a lot of just pure curiosity of what is this. But yeah, I mean our biggest tournament, which is the one that HBO is at this year, is the one that closes this season in Pennsylvania, and there's about I would say between six hundred and seven hundred people that actually compete, and total, there's probably about a thousand people that go. You know, it's very serious quote unquote ball in that we have you know, separate divisions between Novice B, Double B A, and Double A, which is collegiate meaning that either they played professionally or you know, in college. So I mean, for example, in two thousand and nine, ESPN sent a team Olympians to the tournament and basically they were doing a story about out body image and how you can be an Olympic athlete and still have you know, body issues, and our best team beat them. But yeah, it's a pretty incredible group. Again, we all travel from various places to these we all stay on quote unquote campus, so you either tent or you have an RV. Sometimes there's places to rent on the property. But at night, it basically is the music festival. There are definitely a lot of drugs done, and then we play volleyball nude all that.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: I got to imagine the best part of traveling around the world to nudest resorts playing nude volleyball is what you don't have to check a bag because you don't need any clothes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the packing is really easy. I mean basically, all my stuff that I pack is for you know, stuff that we wear at night, like you know whatever. Like we'll have scenes at night and you know, whether it's like glow or four animal and I always have all the glitter. But yeah, so we have DJs who are just part of the group and bring all of their equipment and it's you know, basically an ed M festival at night. And they've actually started a nudist music festival that's coming up in a couple of weeks and there'll probably be about four hundred people there. This is their third year of doing it.
Speaker 1: I have a lot I got a lot of questions. Were you a nudist before you started doing this stuff or was like being a newdist something that was interesting to you.
Speaker 3: No, not even close. In fact, prior I would say, up until you know, I was twenty eight, twenty nine. I mean I was terrified of being nude. I mean I used to think that I had a boob phobia. My ex, who I was with for nearly twelve years starting at eighteen to twenty nine, he I don't think he could pick my boobs out of a lineup, truthfully, because I was so incredibly modest. But you know, it's it was just one of those things that you know, I figured why not, And it's not some resorts. It's not mandatory nude for everybody, meaning that like you can wear cover up, et cetera. It's only mandatory nude when you play. But yeah, I think you quickly. I know it sounds like crazy and shocking to a lot of people when they first hear about it, but you would be amazed at how quickly it loses its shock factor. You just don't think about it. And you know, I think that one of the things that makes this, you know, group of people so special is that when you don't have clothes on, you don't portray any like you know, first impression, so you know, based on what you how you dress like you kind of you know, portray a certain you know, what's the word I'm looking for, you know, characteristic, whatever the word. And you know, I think that again because nobody, you know, you're everybody's so vulnerable, and you know, it just allows you to and I know it sounds cheesy like connect with people on a whole different level. And you don't have your phones with you. You're not allowed to have your phones out of things.
Speaker 1: Right right right that. You know what that's an overlooked aspect of the newdest community is that everyone is a little bit more present because they're not on their phones. You never even thought about that.
Speaker 3: And I wouldn't call I'm not a true nudist. You know, there's a big true nudist can kind of be a little uppity and think that they're better than others, so to speak. And you know, so I'm not a true nudist. It's more so about this community. And I mean they're all my closest friends just coming and hanging out together. And again, I feel like there's no it's a lot harder to judge somebody when they don't have clothes on. That makes sense.
Speaker 1: This is a very interesting thing because you went from I mean, I'm curious what within you inspired you to make such a hard left turn, because you're telling me that you were so uh modest with your body that even like your your boyfriend like was barely seeing you naked all the way, your husband barely seeing you naked all the way, to you know, having a whole audience of people seeing a naked mm hmm.
Speaker 3: Well, you're also not alone in those environments. It's not like you're the only person standing there naked by yourself. But I will say so, like I can tell you when I was in seventh grade, it was the summer going into my eighth My family was down in Destin, Florida, and my stepsister and I met these two boys. Of course, I liked the asshole, and we were playing the stupid game to diddle, and at one point we agreed to flash them, and so you know, like we're super nervous, but whatever, So we flashed them and the guy that I liked, his first reaction was you have those kind of nipples? And I was like, holy shit, what kind of nipples do I have? And it's crazy to think that that small little, you know, moment just escalated into literally, I mean, me not wanting to be naked in front of myself. And when I separated my ex, I think I've just kind of had this. You know what if I don't like myself, nobody's gonna like myself. And you know, once you kind of just say fuck it, then you you know, you get positive reinforcement and you know, you just realize again and there are no two bodies alike, no two bodies. I joke that, you know, a woman's vagina is like a snowflake. There are no two alike, so you know, and it's just how you feel about yourself.
Speaker 1: Do you like, are you You're not at a thing where you're like you do you compare yourself to other people? Like seeing all these other people naked at all?
Speaker 3: I mean, of course you do. And you know I will say, like, I'm relatively fit, and you know, I so for me, I think I don't feel I can't for somebody who you know, maybe doesn't feel.
Speaker 2: As positive about their body.
Speaker 3: But again, you know, women especially they're constantly encouraging each other, and you know it just you realize that so much is in your head and you know it. It's just yeah, I mean, you know, you put out a vulnerability that makes you feel really comfortable at the end of the day when everyone else is so vulnerable and we you know, in turn know each other so weirdly well because again I think it strips you of, you know, any kind of boundaries also in terms of you know, what is taboo or you know, when you all see each other naked again, it just kind of takes away any you know, shyness. So sometimes we know too much of each other's business.
Speaker 1: We got to get this part out of the way. Is there a sexually charged energy to the nudist resorts or to the nude volleyball.
Speaker 3: So again, that's a big misconception that like, basically nudists are swingers, when in fact, swingers are not at all naked people generally in the terms of like, I mean, they're very different. But I will say so with nudists, one of the big things is separating sex from nudity. So for example, you're not allowed to wear bathing suits because they think that sexualizes you. And it's funny. My boyfriend and I were recently in Florida, with his family and I was wearing a bathing suit and he was looking at me like, you know, oh my goodness. I was like, what are you doing? You see me naked all the time. Why are you looking at me like that? And he's like, I don't know, you just look hot. But yeah, I mean you know it's there. If you are walking around with a heart on, you're out immediately. Period. I mean, that's just weird really.
Speaker 1: But I would say somebody, if somebody is in the nudist So if somebody is a part of the newdist colony or they're watching the news, I assume, okay, I just real quick the audience that these things is naked too, right, because it's on a not all of them, but I assume a lot of them are.
Speaker 3: It's not mandatory nude, but yeah, as a whole, I mean people are in some shape or form, you know, nude.
Speaker 1: So look, obviously if somebody were like jacking off or something, that would be inappropriate. But like if just if they have a heart on, they're they're out.
Speaker 3: Oh They're they're out one hundred percent, like without any evans or butts. And you know, again that's a big thing, is safety. I mean, I have never experienced any issues with somebody making me feel uncomfortable. But again the reality is that everyone's new. So the assumption is that you have to be hyper aware of that versus you know, if you're at in any other scenario where there's creepers, it's just not as hyper aware. And so, you know, again, it's just a I mean, there's no tolerance for it. But in terms of like, you know, I mean, yes, people are we're all you know, adults, Well, I don't know people in our prime will say, and so yeah, of course sex and hooking up and you know, all of that is very prevalent, but it's not any more prevalent per se than it would be in another situation. But yeah, I mean it's you know again, I think that people are you know, you know, a lot more about sex, maybe because people are a lot more open and willing to share and we're all in sense, so you know, what's going on?
Speaker 1: Is that a thing? Just at the volleyball tournament, are like at all the nudist colonies, if you get a boner, you're out.
Speaker 3: Oh, I mean the volleyball tournaments they're a little bit more relaxed on the rules, But when it's not a volleyball tournament, they are psycho stritched interest and you know, so I would not go to a newdist resort just to go per se like I go because of the volleyball tournaments and so yeah, and it's not I know again like nudy and swingers kind of get you know, luve together. But it couldn't be further from the truth. And a lot of these places are family friendly, which I will say family friendly is outside of my comfort zone, you know that I don't like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that would be that sounds like it would be out of the government comfort zone as well.
Speaker 3: For families to see each other nude. Yeah, I mean, but why out of the why would the gum or why would it be out of the government's comfort gun.
Speaker 1: I look, I'm open. I'm open to the the openness of d I am open to the idea of desexualizing nudity, but I keep the no.
Speaker 3: I completely agree it weirds me out. But again that's my comfort zone not there. So you know, I respect that. But do I what if I have a family, Am I gonna like, you know, raise my kids like that? No, But it's not per se about like separating sex from nudity in terms of like my friends in our volleyball tournament, it's just again a you know, it's a byproduct of you know, just our situation, Like we just happened to be nude, and I think that's a huge part of what, you know, has made us such a great and close group.
Speaker 2: Great.
Speaker 3: There's probably like four hundred of us that are you know, well, I would say two hundreds that are regulars at every tournament. But it's, you know, it's just a means of like hanging out with your friends, but on a totally different, crazier, more vulnerable level.
Speaker 1: I keep.
Speaker 3: I mean again, we party really hard, we play hard, but we're probably party harder.
Speaker 1: I mean, yeah, it sounds like, no, it's I'm so supri I'm just I guess I'm like, I'm sorry, I won't let the boner thing go. But it just seems like, I maybe this is where the misconceptions lie. But I assume actually, Okay, the more I'm thinking about it, I was gonna say, at first, I assumed that people would be walking around these places with boners all the time, hopefully not the family ones, but I assume people working on with boners with that, but also I'm like, I'm kind of putting myself there, right, I'm like, I'm naked, all these other people are naked. It does it? Actually? When I think about it, and I had to go to a nudist colony, i'd see what's going on over there. It kind of actually sounds like a pretty not sexually charged place when I think about it, When I really put myself out there, it seems like kind of a a very normal vibe, except everyone's naked, although I will say at night maybe a different story.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And again I think it's you know, like you were talking about going to Electric Chorus and like the music festival or like ban Aru, it would be similar issue to that, except for during the day you have you're playing various tournaments and each day is different whether you play sand grass or hardcourt. But and then at night, like everybody's partying, but you just don't have clothes on and we're not all dark nuds, so you can't don't like I'm sure like envisioning you looking out and everybody's dark nude, like that's just that's not really.
Speaker 2: Yeah, how this.
Speaker 3: Create like people a lot of well, like you know, I wear like not pasmin as, strongs, like a lot of people wear strongs that cover up some and you know, for some reason, onesies are huge at night. But you know it's again, I think it's a the fact that you're all nude and you're so comfortable being nude and you don't think about it. It just creates a bond and you know, connection with the other people that you don't find outside of that.
Speaker 1: Now, Megan and the other part, tell me, tell what's I mean you say you play hard, you party harder. What's what? What kind of crazy things are going on at these parties that I want to kind of get into that?
Speaker 3: So we have so we have well now four main dejas and again, I mean I can send you videos and pictures. I mean it's quite a production that you know, we put together. It's not like you know, somebody doing a playlist, and you know, there's definitely a lot of mushrooms, a lot of acids, a lot of molly, there's a lot of drug sets happened, and you know it's that's crazy. I mean, you know, it's just people having a really good time, a lot of dancing.
Speaker 1: Like I've been reading the chat I'm sorry for reading the chat, but somebody in the chat asked. If somebody the chat asked if dogs are allowed at the newdest Colonies, I'll answer this one. They are, but they have to wear clothes.
Speaker 3: It depends on the resort. They all have different rules about whether or not dogs are allowed. I mean, we've brought our dog to a tournament before, but really they're just a pain in the ass to deal with because you have to watch them.
Speaker 1: What's your like you put? Let's I it was I. First of all, thanks for calling in and talking about all this stuff. This is fascinating. I might try to I don't know where a Newdiest colony is, but I have always been fascinated by the idea. I definitely want to try going to one at some point.
Speaker 3: You want to go during a volleyball tournament.
Speaker 1: When you give any volleyball tournaments going on in California and Los Angeles.
Speaker 3: None that I go to. So the like I said, we had the music festival coming up July twenty third, and that's outside of Philly, and then the big the biggest tournament, which you know, I think for newcomers because you see all like the traditions and we have like this group called the Teaki's and there's you know, all these rituals and it's just it's super fun. But that's in September, the weekend before Labor Day or after Labor Day, and that's a resort called White Thorn. But I promise you if you went and you would never look back.
Speaker 1: What is it?
Speaker 3: Where the people that where is it? It's that White Thorn Lodge. Goodness, don't ask me where exactly? Vfi outside of Philly, Okay, I could see myself going there at some point. No, I mean, I'm it's you know, I do. You have to also think about the type of people who are willing to go to this also.
Speaker 1: I want to say something, really, I want to say something. I'm sorry, keep in with you. But somebody else in the chat brought up an interesting point. They said, what about female boners? They're getting away with it.
Speaker 3: I mean, I guess, so sorry, I guess. But just putting yourself in a situation if you were at a day party and somebody's walking around with a boner through their pants, that's weird.
Speaker 1: You know, I don't. It's just the thing I think I feel I would feel bad for them, because a bone like a boner. Again, like I said, if somebody was like standing in the middle of the nudist colony jacking off, it's like, yeah, that guy's you know, he's got to go. But if he's I mean a boner, it's like, I feel bad for that guy because if you have if you're wearing clothes and you have a boner, you can like tuck it up into your thing or put your hand in your pocket. But if you're naked, it's like, what are you going to do? You can't. Even if you're being a gentleman and you have a boner out in public, you can do. You have you have choices that you can make to conceal your boner.
Speaker 3: You can walk away, Yeah, I guess happen, you know.
Speaker 1: Put your boner in time out.
Speaker 3: Basically, I mean I've messed with my boyfriend before and kind of pot uncle may happened. Are people on the dance floor. But again, there's a difference between like blatantly walking around with a boner and.
Speaker 1: A minute hold on, hold on, So you've you've you've been with your boyfriend, so you've done this thing where you've been with yours around.
Speaker 3: Like you've messed around a little bit to give him shit.
Speaker 1: You give him a boner and then you run away and he has a boner, Get him out of here.
Speaker 3: That would be hilarious if I did that. But yeah, I mean, you know, it's there's just again, it's a environment that is you know a lot of weird people could come around, and so it's just a very you know, HyperWare. Like if there was anybody who is making somebody feel uncomfortable, you go tell one of the you know, main people, and they're out. It's just a zero tolerance policy. And it's that simple, and you know, so you feel really safe.
Speaker 1: I guess, I guess I'll just I get it if somebody's like staring at you with a book, if someone's being a fucking weirdo about it. But if somebody is like looking ashamed with their head down on a bench away from the people, and he has a boner, let that guy's stay.
Speaker 3: Yeah. No, that's I mean absolutely, And you know, I will say that one thing that's fascinating when it comes to news, you would think that I would be. What I've learned about nude bodies is flaccid penises are so different, like there there are, Like it's just so fascinating to see because I guess I hadn't really seen many, but oh my goodness. I wish that we could do a competition where you had a picture of somebody's floscid penis and then a picture of a hard penis and you try to match them up. I want to do that. I want to see those difference.
Speaker 1: It sounds like an evening activity the nudist colony. You should definitely pitch that.
Speaker 3: Oh definitely could get people to do that. But yeah, no, So it's you know again, the people though that go for you to be open to it, you automatically aren't somebody that has a lot of like you know, preconceived like judgments against people like you have to be pretty open minded. But yeah, anybody out there, I promise you if you come, you won't you won't look back.
Speaker 1: Okay, what is it again, I'll unless Philly, I'll check it out.
Speaker 3: So it's actually I lied. It's it's outside of Pittsburgh.
Speaker 1: It's called do you know what you do? You know any in California?
Speaker 3: Not in my circuit. There are ones in California, but the circuit I play in, we don't go that far. It's more up up and down the East coast, and there's several in Canada, but I haven't gone up there.
Speaker 1: York this year.
Speaker 3: Mm hm New York City. My sense of direction is all kinds of uft of I mean, I guess it would be the Philly which, like I said, the Music Festival, which again is there's much more. I mean, it's all emphasis on music. But those volleyball tournaments going on during the day that is outside of Philadelphia in that's is an m But yeah, no, the music festival is you know again, you come and it's just something you can't describe until you experience it, and you you will quickly forget about the newtest like being naked, and if anything, I mean, it just will becomes Yeah.
Speaker 1: And you just got a very excited by the idea of several people hearing this and showing up to this nudest colony and being like a giant green gecko sent me here.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Throughout the duration of my stay, you have my word.
Speaker 3: You want to know a funny story. Recently, a lot of my friends, no not exactly, a lot of my friends, like I talk about therapy Gecko and they know I really like it. And recently I had taken some acid and started to go a little bit south, thinking I'm going well, And my boyfriend called our best friend Jody, and was like, I don't know what to do, and she said, take her in her room, turn off the lights, and put on therapy gecko.
Speaker 1: She'll be that's nice. Is that what happens?
Speaker 3: Exactly? What happened?
Speaker 1: That nice? What? Okay? How damn well? What do you remember what episode was playing?
Speaker 3: Oh my goodness, Now.
Speaker 1: You were drooling, tripping fucking balls and freaking out and then you just like sat in a room and listened to the podcast.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I just love that she knew that's when I needed.
Speaker 1: That makes me feel good.
Speaker 3: Yeah. But I can post in the comment section, you know, the information about the music festival and if people am I allowed to get my Instagram? I never checked my Instagram And seriously, I mean you guys, I'm not kidding. If nothing else, like, why not? And you don't have to be nude, but you won't you won't regret it.
Speaker 1: I'm going to show up wearing just the head. I'm going to show up wearing just the head, the and the feet of the gecko.
Speaker 4: Suit.
Speaker 3: That would be yes, Now, that would be great. I have a friend who he has he's gotten melanoma, so he has to be covered. He cannot, like you know, have any sun exposure, and he had to get like all this documentation to show like prove that he has this and that's why he has to wear clothes. And basically he wears like head to toe the brightest colors possible and then like cuts a hole where his stick is.
Speaker 1: That's pretty fire.
Speaker 3: So that's his nudity. But yeah, it's again, I mean, you just have it's a vulnerability that you put out there that allows you to connect with people that I haven't found anywhere else.
Speaker 1: Well, Megan, any final thoughts you can share your Instagram if you still want to do that. Any any other thoughts, feeling sentiments you have share before we get No.
Speaker 3: I mean I hope that you guys you know, come and experience it and then you can call in and say I get it.
Speaker 1: Rock and roll all right, Megan, thank you very much for calling and you the the the I hope I hope we've brought some some some business to these to these newdist colonies.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I hope people have a better understanding are a little bit more intrigued by.
Speaker 5: The idea having ANNT.
Speaker 1: Megan Nice, Oh, you know what I'm gonna do. I'm gonna you know, those cock socks, you know I'm gonna do. I'm gonna go to the nudist colony. Just the head, the gloves, the feet, and a and a bright green cock sock. That way. Nobody, nobody that way. You gotta have something case if you get a boner, man, I can't believe. I can't believe people will get kicked out of these places for having boners. Again, I get like, I get it if you're like being being weird about it. But if you are just like I mean, we've all been out in public or somewhere where, like you just randomly get a boner for no reason, but you have, you have, Like I mean, even getting one with sweatpants is stressful, but getting I mean, imagine being out and you're just naked, you have no tools whatsoever. I mean, I feel I feel bad for that guy, this theoretical guy that I'm making up that doesn't exist. All right, Hell yeah, hello, hello, Hey, how you doing, buddy?
Speaker 2: Oh Hey, what's up? Man?
Speaker 1: What's your name? My name is Sid sid Well, Sid, my name is Lyle. How's it going on?
Speaker 2: It's going pretty good.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 2: My semester just ended. I'm back home. I'm chilling.
Speaker 1: Ah Well said, what's your relationship like with your parents?
Speaker 2: It's pretty good. It's actually it's actually really good. You know, they're actually in India right now. They're not at home, so I'm home alone. So you know, I'm just hilling them. They're real nice. They they financially support me.
Speaker 1: How come you didn't go to go to India with them? You were too busy with school?
Speaker 2: Uh No, I couldn't. My sister, My little sister is here and she she still has school, so I gotta watch her in the house and the dogs.
Speaker 1: What what are they doing in India?
Speaker 2: It's actually so last year I got I got diagnosed with cancer, so they wanted to go to India and go to the it's like like religious like temple and like go pray for me, I guess. And also my grandma died a couple of months ago, so they went to do some religious rights with their ashes.
Speaker 1: Do you think you can be ho Look they're gone all right, so you can be honest with me. Do you think that's gonna do shit.
Speaker 2: I don't know, man, Like I don't think anybody has as the real answers, you know what I mean. So if they want to do it, I'm gonna let them do it. And if it does something, it does something, and if it doesn't, it's all good.
Speaker 1: When were you When were you diagnosed with the cancer?
Speaker 2: It was last April. I don't I don't have it anymore, luckily.
Speaker 1: I Oh, wait, so they're going to pray for cancer that you don't even have.
Speaker 2: I guess so, I mean, I guess they're just like trying.
Speaker 1: To sounds like a waste of a prayer. I guess.
Speaker 2: I guess so. I guess.
Speaker 1: So they could pray for like a million dollars or something, but they're they're praying for something that already happens.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I.
Speaker 3: Would.
Speaker 2: I'd rather have a million dollars than not have cancer, which I already don't have cancer.
Speaker 1: What kind of cancer? Uh did you have?
Speaker 2: It was testicular cancer, So you know, prognosis is pretty good. You know, it's not as serious as other types.
Speaker 1: Is it a bummer? Is it a bummer to have the funniest type of cancer?
Speaker 2: It? Yes, it actually very much is because when I have when I tell people I have cancer and ask what type I know, I have to say testicular, and like it's just it's just a little bit awkward. Like to me, it's not awkward like I'm I'm over, I'm cool, like it happens done, but like it's it's just a little bit awkward.
Speaker 1: Then m hm, did your did they have to cut off your balls or you still got balls?
Speaker 2: I got one? I got one?
Speaker 1: Oh so they cut off with them?
Speaker 2: They did? Could they cut off one of them? But you know other ones carrying the weight?
Speaker 1: Oh shit, okay, so this wasn't even like no, so the cancer didn't go The cancer didn't go away. The cancer was cut out of your ball set.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah it didn't. I mean, I don't think cancer just ever goes away on its own, but yeah, I guess you could say it was cut out. I had some I had like a monk of chemotherapy just so like it wouldn't come back or whatever. And I think I think we're good.
Speaker 1: It sounds like God really really didn't do shit on this one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, God, it sounds like God tried to do shit. But couldn't do it.
Speaker 1: It's true God tried to. You know. Do you think maybe it was like God, part of God's plan was to kill you, but uh, innovations in medical technology foiled him.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 2: Actually, the way I like to look at it is that this is something, you know, I just had to go through sticking in some perspective. You know. Uh, I think I was talking to you in the chat. I'm actually pre med. So sorry, I'm actually like a little bit nervous right now. I watch I watched this every day.
Speaker 1: That's oh fucky fuck yeah fuck yeah, that's what you're saying, all right, right right, Okay, you were in the chat and you said that you got to Temple, which is where I went to college.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I heard you went to the Temple a couple of days ago, which is crazy. I'm actually wearing a Temple shirt right now.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, but you're in I went for something stupid. You went for like how to you? You said you're in pre med, right, so you're learning how to cut off people's balls when they start to try to kill them.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So like the way I see it, I have the perfect medical school essay to right now.
Speaker 1: So yeah, that is a good That is a good way to see it. You got good perspective on this issue.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, I mean I just gotta I mean it. You know, I'm just thankful that it wasn't anything a lot worse. So the best I can do is take away from positive from it. Use it as like motivation, you know, to be a good doctor, to be a successful doctor who helps people.
Speaker 1: I like that. What are what's your sister's deal? Is she like also in school?
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's in high school. So that's why that's why I got to stay home because I need to pick her up from school, drop her off, watch over the dog. She still has her semester going on. It's about your soon. Do you have a good sphomore?
Speaker 1: Do you have a good relationship with her?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's pretty good. We don't talk like that much, but I feel like every since I went to college, we got a little bit closer.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: They say, like, what's the phrase like distance makes the heart heart.
Speaker 1: Grow fonder, which I I is one of my favorite phrases because I probably fully believe it.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, no, for sure, that's it's definitely true.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm. So what's your dream in life? Which I know that there's a lot of different kinds of doctors. I don't know if you necessarily want to be the testical kind, But what kind do you want to be?
Speaker 2: That's a tough question. I honestly don't know right now. I feel like I would have to like have some experience in the field, figure some things I would, you know, see what I'm interested in. Ultimately, I just want to do something that helps people. You know. I know I'm a smart guy. I know I can get through pre med and medical school. So I just want to use the talents that I have to you know, give back to the world. Just something meaningful.
Speaker 1: M I like that. Do you what do you do outside of school? Do you have hobbies? Interests?
Speaker 2: Yeah, some hobbies. I honestly hate that question because like whenever people ask me, like what hobbies I have, I just go blank. But off the top of my head, I play a little bit of tennis. I've been playing I'm playing Zelda recently. That has been taking up a lot of my time.
Speaker 1: The new one, Yeah, the new one.
Speaker 2: I heard you were just hitting on a gig.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, two seconds before you called in, I was talking to the stream and I was talking I was just talking a ton of shit on uh the I bought. I bought the new one because uh, I need, I wanted something to play on the planes and stuff. But the old one I didn't like it. I actually don't know why about the note. I really did not like the Breath of the Wild. Yeah, it's like fucking it's kind of a bullshit game. It's like padded and padded and padded with grass, and dude, people love this grass. People are like, I love the open world dynamic of the game. I love how much grass there is to explore. Ten out of ten.
Speaker 2: No, I feel like I mean, I feel like, you know, his breath of the wild, so there has to be some some wild you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Right, they should have called it breath of the Grass, part of the grass, and I would have been a more apt title. Anyway, that was a stupid thing that I shouldn't have said. But oh, yes, have you had sex since they cut your balls off?
Speaker 2: No, I've actually, like, I've never had sex. Like, I'm a version.
Speaker 1: Okay, are you are you freshman in college?
Speaker 2: No, I'm a I'm a sophomore. Actually I just finished my sophomore years.
Speaker 1: Okay, are you out. Are you out there? Are you like going on the apps? Or are you focused on the grind? Are you religiously abstinent? What's what's your do? What's the deal?
Speaker 2: No, I mean that's a tough question. Like I wouldn't like I'm not out there just because like I feel like, I feel like I on really put myself in a lot of situations like that. But you know, I'm working on it. I was last semester. It was just really really tough with school and extra curriculars and stuff. So I was really busy and I've been I had this like pretty bad weed habit that I've been trying to get rid of, and I haven't smoked in like a week, and I feel a lot better, honestly.
Speaker 1: MM, why do you think you're having trouble putting yourself out there?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I just you know, I feel like I'm not. I haven't really like developed socially in the best way. I feel like half of my high school I was gone because of COVID. I was just at home, isolated, and then suddenly it's like freshman year and now I'm at Temple, which is a huge school, and it's kind of overwhelming. It's kind of overwhelming, but you know, I'm working on it. I have confidence that I can, Like I'm not worried about it. Like, I have confidence that I can, you know, like put myself out there and be successful with it if I really try.
Speaker 1: You seem like a noise. You seem like a well adjusted person. Do you believe that about yourself?
Speaker 2: I don't know. That's that's hard to say. I'm yeah, you know what, I feel like, I'm well logisted. I'm I'm doing a good job taking care of myself, you know, working hard for a right future.
Speaker 1: How is the ball? How is the one ball thing affected your ability to produce? Come? Do you do it? Really? Not at all?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it doesn't affect anything, like it carries like like I said, the one ball carries all the weight, does everything?
Speaker 1: Dude, I don't know. I feel like some girls might be interested in you as an anomaly. I don't know if that's what you're going for, but it is hard to play.
Speaker 2: Like, I honestly don't know like what girls would think about it. Like, I'm really like not sure. I feel like, honestly, like other than the incision which is like on my lower abdomen area. It's not really too noticeable, so I feel like I would have to like draw attention to it for them to actually notice.
Speaker 1: Listen. I'm no online dating experts, but a tender profile where your bio just says I have one testicle would definitely pique some people's interest. It's an interesting conversation starter. I don't know. I wouldn't I wouldn't like message a girl saying that, But if you put it in your bio could drum up you know some you know, I mean there's a lot of like, you know, there's a lot of people who are like into oddities and ship and you might catch some of those.
Speaker 2: That's true.
Speaker 1: Maybe you seem like a nice guy, are you, like, let me ask you this question, are you like bummed about it? Like, do you wish you were putting yourself up there out there more often? Or is it not really even a priority in your life?
Speaker 2: No, I mean, I definitely do wish I was putting myself out there a little bit more. I feel like like a lot of things in my life have gotten in the way. But I'm not sure if I'm just using that as an excuse. I mean, last year I had cancers. So I made thinks a little bit tough this past year. Yeah, this past year's school has just been pretty difficult. And like I said, I had like a pretty bad Like I wouldn't say it's a problem, but like I was coping with weed pretty heavily. And I feel like once you start doing that, like you kind of just like get comfortable with isolating yourself, which I don't want to do anymore. No, it's not just buying it off the street.
Speaker 1: Okay, which, what did you buy it? In Narnia? You know what Narnia is?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, Yeah, I know.
Speaker 1: In Narnia they still call it Narnia. There's this fucking it's in at Temple University. There's this dude, what is it? Explain Narnia.
Speaker 2: So basically, like like by this like Bell Tower area, there's this like little alleyway that's kind of secluded, but like everybody knows about it, so it's not super secluded. But there's this little area with some benches and some grass where people usually go to smoke. It's a nice little spot.
Speaker 1: And it's called Narnia. It's called that's crazy that it's that it's still called that that that I has lived on.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I mean actually I smoked there a lot. But I've only recently learned, like a couple of months ago, that it's called Narnia.
Speaker 1: There's this I used to smoke weed all the time on the lawn where that bell tower is.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, right outside Bury.
Speaker 1: Hall Beury Beach. I think it's called or the Beach.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, I had a lot of time. I had a lot of great times walking around that whole city and uh, smoking weed. That's really my favorite thing to do. I don't I try to talk. I I mean, I'm kind of a fucking owner right now, but it's just it just has always been my favorite thing to do is walk around and smoke weed. And I've only recently been reconciling with the fact that that's bad for my health. But I don't want to give it up. I don't want to give all the things that are bad for me. I just fucking don't want to give up. I love what's your name again, My name is Sid. Sid. I fucking love getting stoned, going for a walk and eating a big hamburger. I love it, so I might love it more than I would hate dying.
Speaker 3: Shit.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 2: I mean, if that's like, that's completely valid. If that's what you want, that's what you want. And being outside and smoking and just eating something that's absolutely terrible for you and it is probably going to give you a heart attack is probably one of the best activities.
Speaker 1: God damn it, City, You're supposed to be a medical profer. What the hell are you talking about?
Speaker 2: Not yet? Not yet.
Speaker 1: This was a test and you failed. I'm calling the dean.
Speaker 2: We don't have a dean right now. Actually he quit.
Speaker 1: Oh I would too, Sid. Sid. Sid said, all right, you have cancer or you don't have cancer anymore, but you do have one ball. You've never had sex? Have you ever had any kind of sex? Have you ever had like a blowjob or a hand job?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: I haven't. I mean I've had a couple of situations here and there, but it's never it's never really like led to that. Okay, you know, like I'm not really too worried about it or anything. I feel like I just you know, need to like work on myself a little bit and just continue like meditating, stop smoking weed. I'll be fine.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, Sid, I'm how old are you? Like nineteen?
Speaker 2: I'm twenty.
Speaker 1: You're twenty. Oh my fucking gun man, I'm jealous of you because when I, dude, when I was twenty and I was Temple University, I was a fucking idiot and all, and you know, getting laid was like all I was obsessed with. And I look back at it and now and I'm listening to you be like, you know, yeah, I'm just gonna hang out and work on myself and meditate, and I'm like, I fucking wish I was as smart as you were. I would wish I was as smart as you are when I was twenty and going to Temple. So good idea, you're going to have a great life.
Speaker 2: I appreciate that, man, But like to be honest with you, like it's not always, you know, I'm not always having this monthset. You know, sometimes it feels it feels kind of bad. I get in my head a little bit about it, but ultimately I know, you know, I'll be good.
Speaker 1: What is what? What? Tell me? What? What you getting in your head? Looks like.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I guess like when you like, I feel like the word virgin is us like as an insult pretty frequently, and like there's just a level of like like you know, there's like it's like toxic masculinity. Sure, the fact that you have to like lose your virginity at a certain age, and like you just start comparing yourself to people. And actually, Temple is I think the most sexually active campus in the United States, so like that's true. You know, everybody around me is, you know, running around fucking each other. So it's hard to not get in your head about comparisons.
Speaker 1: But okay, well, every time I want you to know, I want you to notice every time you do start to get in your head about comparisons, I want you to know that I wish I was doing what you were doing when I was twenty and go into Temple. So well, I don't know if that's worth anything.
Speaker 2: No, that's definitely worth something. I appreciate that. That's nice to hear.
Speaker 1: No, a lot of my obsession with like sex at that time like held me back from like because you know, I was just like on the fucking Tinder and all the apps all the time, and like you know, on fucking Snapchat, like like spending my whole day like like waiting for somebody to respond. I mean, it's a whole fucking horrible, shitty thing to be obsessed with. And so I think the mindset that you have of like I'm just going to meditate and hang out and get on my grind. You know, that's that's that's where you want to be. You're doing it. You're doing it right, sid. I want you to know that I'm.
Speaker 2: Trying, man, But like like I said, it's not always like that. Like just yesterday, you know, I was pretty horny. I was on those apps.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I actually got two numbers and I was talking to girls a little bit. But after a while, it's just like do I really want to keep like mindlessly talking to them? And like, I don't know, bro, Like if I'd rather just stay at home, I'd rather just stay at home and play.
Speaker 1: No No City. You don't want to do any of that. You want to you want to meditate for two hours a day and learn how to cut test cut cut counts. You want to meditate for two hours a day and learn how to cut cancer out of people's testicles. That's what you wanted.
Speaker 2: That that will be great.
Speaker 1: That's what you want. Just I want you to listen, like, listen to this phone call again. I'm gonna post it on something. Listen to this phone call again. Every time, every time you get all every time you get horny, I want you to listen to my voice. Okay, and and and listen to me tell you that you're gonna be okay, that you can just uh, that you can ignore all those feelings and do something productive with your life instead.
Speaker 2: I appreciate that.
Speaker 1: Man, Well, what do we do now?
Speaker 2: What is there to do?
Speaker 1: So anything else you want to say to the people of the computer before we go.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Kind of on the spot. You know, everybody stays strong and I hear people call it every day with some real serious issues, real serious topics. And you know, I hope everyone's doing okay. It's feel bad, trying to meditate, it's better and that's all.
Speaker 1: Hey, God bless you said you're you're my role model.
Speaker 2: God bless you too. Good.
Speaker 1: Thank you care brother than you too. Man. All right, when I come to Philly in September, I'm gonna do uh, I'm gonna do the after I'm coming to Philly. I'm doing underground Arts. I'm doing my after party at Narnia. You're all invited. Hello, folks, it is Lyle back again to end the podcast with a little interview that I did on the streets of Amsterdam in the Netherlands, which is one of my favorite countries in the world. And this was an interview that I did with a young dutch Man, a student filmmaker. We talked a little bit about life and the Netherlands. We talked a little bit about being a student filmmaker. We talked a little bit about the Dutch perception of American which is an interesting thing. But anyway, you should listen to this. It's it's fun, you know, it's something a little different than the phone calls. And also everyone that we talked to on the show is mostly like American people. There are some non Americans here and there, but it's mostly American folks. So it's cool to like actually go to physical, real places and talk to people who are who don't live in America. It's fun. Come come along with me to the streets of Amsterdam to talk to a guy right now. What's your name?
Speaker 5: My name is Nino, to meet.
Speaker 1: Nice to meet you man. You live here in the Netherlands, Yes, I do. Born erased in Amsterdam. I feel like nobody in Amsterdam is Dutch.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we have a lot of tourists.
Speaker 4: Amsterdam is the most diverse country when it comes to nass in the world.
Speaker 1: And how do you guys feel about the tourists.
Speaker 5: It's quite fun to mess with them.
Speaker 1: I will say, how do you in what ways do you mess with the tourists?
Speaker 4: If they ask where the Rights Museum is? I say, oh, yeah, go dead way and then it's that way now.
Speaker 5: Just we have we have our.
Speaker 4: Fun with them. But I don't mind. You know, I'm overall pretty chill, so you know, I don't really care if there's a lot of tourists. You know, sometimes they get in a way and I don't know how to ride a bike.
Speaker 5: But it's fine. You want to experience something new, go for it.
Speaker 1: Do have you ever given someone the wrong directions and then they run into them later?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 5: Good question.
Speaker 4: I have not No, that will be really funny and I would just say I'm sorry.
Speaker 5: I'm also a little new here.
Speaker 1: Do you have an American accent that you can do that you can like an American mask, the fact that you're that you're not a tourist.
Speaker 4: I can try, you know, maybe American accents, so you know, I'm from California, so I'm not really from Amsterdam specifically, I'm like from l A.
Speaker 1: There's a little English in there, yeah, there's.
Speaker 4: You know, our accents in the Netherlands are pretty fucked up because we have like the English TV shows and sometimes they're American, but mostly the TV shows we watch our American But then in school we get taught British British English, so it's like a weird mix between the two.
Speaker 5: And then of course we're Dutch.
Speaker 4: So a lot of people also have to like, yeah, I can speak English very well and you know, but I'm a little bit ditch.
Speaker 5: So I have an action.
Speaker 1: Okay, what do you do here for school?
Speaker 4: I'm right now in between school years, so like I have a tuscar, which means I don't go to school right now.
Speaker 5: But I want to study film because.
Speaker 1: You want to study film? Yeah, I studied film.
Speaker 5: Really yeah, any any advice?
Speaker 1: Don't do it?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: Yeah, well just because us the thing, well, you know, are you going to go into debt?
Speaker 4: No, So that's the thing in the Netherlands. Well, you do have private schools which have like American fees, I like to call them. So it's like like twenty thousands a year. But there's two like serious film schools in the Netherlands, which are the Dutch Film Academy and you have to hack you in and they're.
Speaker 5: Both like two k yere basically and they're horrible.
Speaker 4: Yeah, those are really like professional schools and they really go into detail. They're not like, oh, yeah, I made a film once so I can teach it.
Speaker 1: You know, they're what what do you so, what do you want to do with film? Like, what do you want to make films about?
Speaker 4: Well, it's it's pretty difverse. I want to make like realistic films. I do like sci fi, but for my own work, I like to do like realistic stuff. So, for example, I made a film about a school shooting from the perspective of one of the people that was in a school shooting because I have a niece that lives in Denver. Yeah, Denver in Colorado, and is that correct, Yes, But I've a niece that lives in Denver and there was a school shooting and her school and it went yeah in twenty nineteen, I believe maybe twenty twenty.
Speaker 1: I remember if I heard keep going yeh.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and that was pretty shocking, you know. I remember my mom telling me that it had happened and that my niece was okay.
Speaker 5: But then I went to school and it didn't really compute.
Speaker 4: You know, And then I got to class and I sat there in class and I just at this moment where I thought like, wow, someone was trying to kill people in that school, and it really hit me and I just started crying. And I guess one of my coping mechanisms was just writing about it, writing a film about it. And it wasn't specifically about that school shooting, but it was like a school shooting.
Speaker 5: I don't know if you've seen nineteen.
Speaker 1: Seventeen, nineteen seventeen, the film I'm familiar with that, I've never seen it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so basically it's like one take, or it's supposed to look like one take all the way through except for one cut. And my idea was the same that it's like, it looks like one long take of a school shooting. And you know, it was a pretty It was the biggest project I've done so far, but it was really fulfilling because it was also like it gave me something to process the feelings I had about the school shootings. So yeah, it was nice it sucked, of course, but it was nice in a way.
Speaker 1: What is your niece do in Denver?
Speaker 4: Well, well, right now, she wants to she wants to join the police because her reaction was also she was really shocked, of course, you know, and to be robbed of your security like that is is life changing. And she just said, I never want anyone else to feel like that ever again.
Speaker 5: So she she wants to join the police.
Speaker 4: And you know, in America, of course, the police it's always you know, a case of whether.
Speaker 5: They actually help or not, I believe.
Speaker 4: But I think in her own way, she's she's trying to help people, and I think that should be the way for the police to handle things, you know, make people feel secure.
Speaker 5: And I think in the Netherlands that's handled pretty well. But in America, you know.
Speaker 4: From the videos I've seen, it's it's, I don't know, they seem a little angrier there for some reason.
Speaker 1: They just.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's they tend to escalate things in de escalate them, and I think that should be the first lesson thought in police academy. But something's going wrong there. I don't know if you have more to say about that.
Speaker 1: Fuck, I don't know. I'm not I'm not a very I don't know, I'm not like a political social takes, but it is interesting to hear what other people's perspectives are, and you know, from outside of America.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's fair.
Speaker 1: What's your next plan for Yes, for a film you want to make?
Speaker 5: So I am of my next film I want to make. Well. I have this one idea where I envisioned like a hotel.
Speaker 4: And it's split into two parts, and in one side of the hotel the people live there that know they're going to die one day, and the other part is for the people who.
Speaker 5: Don't know they're gonna die.
Speaker 4: It's basically based on a quote from Confusius Confusions. Confucius, Yeah, and he said a man has two lives, and the second one starts when he realizes he only has one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, another one yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 5: So I founded a really nice quote.
Speaker 4: And I I don't know if I've quite figured out that if if the reality has set in, if I'm gonna die one day. Yeah, but you know, the school shooting made it a little closer. So that's you know, one of one of the things that can make you come closer to.
Speaker 1: Death is is that realization that you only have one life. Yeah, yeah, oh yeah, I mean that's why I wanted to come here and do this because you know, I don't know what I'm gonna die, so I might as well travel as much as I can and try to be a lizard and talk to people. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's also why I want to make films because I don't know.
Speaker 4: I I that that's what I want to do, you know, And I could just go for job security and a lot of people tell me, like, you're really gonna study film?
Speaker 5: You know, I did the highest form of.
Speaker 4: Education for like middle school here, so I have a lot of options and going into film is not.
Speaker 5: Basically the most job secure way to go.
Speaker 4: Sure, but I like to think if I'm going to die within a year, what would I do? And well, what I want to do is make films and write. So yeah, that's the plan basically for now.
Speaker 1: Well congrats on following your dreams. Man.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's it's scary, but that's what makes life fun.
Speaker 1: I think. Well, man, I mean, you know it's cool. Now I've had I've talked to people about film school before, and it's like, if you're going into a crazy amount of two k years not horrible because in the States, I mean that would cost like, yeah, about three hundred and eighty million thousand dollars Jillian. Yeah, especially in considering in a world where you can just you know, make films on your phone and shit.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 4: And you know, of course, film school not to be like to be pompous about it or something, but I think film school it's not gonna teach me a lot.
Speaker 5: It's more about the connections.
Speaker 4: You make, you know, and you know, getting get food into the door with the film industry.
Speaker 5: I've already tried to.
Speaker 4: Get I've already tried to get into like film jobs, you know, just work on the sets, grab coffee for the actors, you know, anything work, Yeah, of course, anything that's.
Speaker 5: That can make a little bit of that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, But they won't accept me because I'm not into a film school.
Speaker 1: So well, you know what, here's the thing. I think. I think it's great. I think you should go to film school if if you can afford that, that too, Ok, it's not horrible. But in the meantime, make movies on your own, dude. Yeah, I'm which you're already already doing. You're making I'm trying to write stuff, So I think I think you're gonna be okay. You know, a lot of the people I went to film school with, they they were just kind of sitting around waiting for somebody to tell them that they can make a movie. But you can, obviously you've already gone beyond that. So I think you're gonna do great.
Speaker 5: Well, that's very nice here. Thank you.
Speaker 1: What's your name again?
Speaker 5: My name is Nino.
Speaker 1: Nino. Thank you for sharing all this stuff with me.
Speaker 5: No problem. That's a very nice time too.
Speaker 4: I've seen some of some of your videos, so I thought maybe talk with the guy once.
Speaker 1: He was like, yeah, you did you have a good experience? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was mostly me talking, but I don't mind. I I like staring my shot.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm glad it's mostly I didn't come all the way to fucking Amsterdam to hear myself talking. Yeah, fair enough enough, So thank you for sharing me. Is there anything else you want to say to the people of the computer before we go?
Speaker 4: I'd like to see it to say, don't be scared to follow your dreams. You know, it's a wise man once said. The thing that makes me hope most happy is sticking to my values. And sticking to my dreams, and I wholeheartedly believe in that.
Speaker 1: So this guy's got quotes. This guy's got quotes.
Speaker 2: I do.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much, Nina. It was very nice time, you know, you said, yes, you know, nice to meet you. Have a nice day, youtuboe man, take care.
Speaker 5: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Hey, folks, it's Lyle once again. If you enjoyed that little interview and you want to hear all of the interviews that I did on the streets of Amsterdam, you can go to YouTube dot com slash Lyele forever and look for a video called being a Gecko in Amsterdam, or you can just check the description of this podcast episode and the link will be in there. All right, God bless you, thanks for listening. Ever goes on the line thanking your phone calls every night. Ever be Ad goes to a dry staging your cloud in the mind of your life. He's not really an expert.