Speaker 1: How about your grade at this trade to line.
Speaker 2: I give it a tea for Trekscooble. You got the guy everybody wanted.
Speaker 1: Hello everybody, and welcome to a late edition on this trade deadline, a brand new episode of Dodgers Territory. I'm Alana Rizzo. That is Clint Pesis. Katie Wu, of course is with the Dodgers in Chicago, or at least working something Dodger related. Katie Wu is doing great to have you guys with us. Love to hear your thoughts about the trade deadline that was today for the Los Angeles Dodgers as well as any other contending team. Just kind of the day in review, if you will, your general thoughts about it. Clint, good to be with you. Benny Biceps is back. I know you were clamoring for this more than even Trek Scooble. You love this dude. He is back. It makes sense. And there's even more news though on.
Speaker 2: The Yeah, there's a lot going on on the catcher front here. Well, we'll get it all out of the way, we'll set the stage and then we'll talk about it.
Speaker 3: But like you said, they get Ben Rohertvetdbeck back.
Speaker 2: This morning from the from the Mets, sending over Chase McDermott, who had been dfa'd a couple of days ago. We also see them bring back another familiar face as I fixed this tweet before putting it on the screen, Katie. Amongst those confirming first on it was Jorge Castillo, that Hunter Fordusia Dodger who was you know, Dodger Catcher who they traded away last year. Funny enough for Ben rohurtved and and a few other people whose names escape me right now. Paul Gervais, but he is coming back to the team and the reason why Elana is Dalton Rushing heading.
Speaker 3: To the IL We have a mild.
Speaker 2: Elbow strain, as you know, Sonya Chen reports here. A number of other people also reporting this. We knew yesterday he was scratched from the starting lineup, did not fly with the team to Chicago. Rushing got an issue there in that throwing arm. I don't know what the concern level is for you, but you know, anytime they try to downplay it, I get that heightened sense of.
Speaker 1: It does make me a little bit nervous, just because of the A couple of things we know that the Dodgers like to hold injuries close to the vest right. I mean it went from will Smith not going on the IL to will Smith being decapitated. And I kid about that, but it's like, obviously Willy will William Dill Smith is coming back soon, but we didn't think he was going to have an eyele stint, not terrek'schoogle. Tyler glasnow was not going to go on an IL or maybe miss us start and we're still waiting for him to come back. So again, they don't owe us that transparency. They know what they're doing, and obviously Andrew Friedman knew what he was doing and acquiring these two catchers. As far as backups are concerned, I'm a little concerned about can you throw up Sonia's tweet again? Please? Because anytime I hear mild elbow strain, now I understand it's different when it's a catcher versus a pitcher. When I hear it in a picture, it really makes me nervous. But still, you know, mild elbow strain for a catcher who throws a lot has to throw that ball back quite a bit, it does make me a little bit nervous. So obviously the acquisition, the return of Ben Rurtvitt, the acquisition of Hunter Fadusia. Again, I'm glad to see that, but it makes me still I'm still not pleased, I guess or I don't feel comfortable with our catching position right now with Dalton Rushing Rushing on the IL, Will Smith not quite back yet. Now our starting staff is Ben Rhurtvett and Hunter Fiducia. At least our active roster staff in terms of catchers is concerned. So I'm a little nervous about that, but at least we have two people that know the staff and have some experience on the roster.
Speaker 3: Now, yeah, that's a big one.
Speaker 2: And you know, they did say Dave did say before the game today, which is coming up very soon, so we appreciate you guys hanging out with us. But he did confirm that Rushing will be the guy I added to the active roster. He's going to be a guy to take down quote the Lion's share of playing time, and I think with where they're at right now, we might see I don't know if they've made it official yet up to this point, but we do know that Rushing is on the IL and I'm trying to pop up the rest of things right now, I don't think they're going to want to survive the day with just eliezer Alfonso as their catcher. So I know Chuckie Robinson was with the team today. If he is going to be activated and added to the twenty six man active roster, you're gonna need somebody to catch down at the Triple A level. So I think Hunter Fraducia is actually a minor league play potentially.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: I say that you didn't have a just coming over from doing another show, so I don't know exactly where he's at in terms of being able to be optioned to Triple A. I do believe he still has option years and he might have even been at Triple A with them.
Speaker 3: But it seems like you're more like likely to see.
Speaker 2: Rushing, sorry not Rushing, more likely to see Vet and eliezer Alfonso being your catchers the big league level then.
Speaker 1: And then okay, and then Hunter Faducia goes down to Triple A and catches the Triple A squad. Well, all right, so that is that. But I do want to say this. I would also before we continue on on our show, I would like to toast you and to toast Katie and to toast the Dodgers front office forgetting Tarik's scooble uh for a bag of balls. And again, no disrespect to those folks that were traded, but cheers.
Speaker 3: Yes, I am drinking.
Speaker 1: You're the one that brought attention to it. Nobody asked you, nobody said anything until you. You're you're the word. You're the one that brought attention to you.
Speaker 3: I know these.
Speaker 1: But for three guys that hopefully have success elsewhere, but for three guys that have don't necessarily have certainty in the future of this organization, I think it's such a tremendous deal. Trek's will said it himself today. Guys that anybody could have traded for him, and he's not matt obviously at the Dodgers for doing what they did. And anybody that knows anything about this game, anyone that's a competitor, Ask Bryce Harper, ask all these other guys that are really competitive and very good in this great game of ours. They're not upset at the Daughters. The people that are upset at the Dodgers or the other owners and the other fan bases, because the Dodgers are a destination and the Dodgers' front office will spend the money. But anyway, I don't want to I don't want to repeat what we're doing. But he is supposed to start what Tuesday. No, I'm not getting wasted. I literally just open this bottle of wine. Michael Magrette fifty eight to seventy five.
Speaker 2: So that's that, okay, And yeah, yeah, I really like him saying that. By the way, at schoo Ball, pointing out any team could have traded for him, it was it was the Brewers that opted to you know, they felt that that you know, just a little too high in their prospect capital.
Speaker 3: And that's probably.
Speaker 2: Because they didn't feel willing to spend the money to you know, potentially try to sign him, re sign him, extend him in the off season. That's on them. That's on them for not wanting to spend the money. The Brewers make a lot of money. They it is a you know, nice ballpark, great city, all that kind of stuff.
Speaker 3: Allegedly, I don't know, I haven't been there.
Speaker 2: We do know the slide attacks David Vesse at least once in his lifetime.
Speaker 3: But like they have money to land an.
Speaker 2: Ace or keep an ace with them and they're not going to spend it on the Miz. You didn't see him send it, spend it on Freddy Peralta. You didn't see him spend it on Devin Williams. You could spend it on somebody they don't want to.
Speaker 1: You know what's you know, what's crazy to me more than the fact that we got Trek Scooble, which is awesome, is the fact that Eric Lower is still on our roster. That surprises me more than the Dodgers landing Schooble.
Speaker 3: Yeah, is that Lower.
Speaker 1: I'm glad he's been great for this team, but I did not see that coming.
Speaker 2: Yeah, now that that is definitely a little bit of a surprise, just because after well, let's talk about the other trade they made, because some people might have some confusion about.
Speaker 3: How this works.
Speaker 2: But the Dodgers also traded for left handed pitcher former All Star Chris Bubitch, so you could.
Speaker 3: Say, boo, bitch, get out the way. But he is currently hurt. He is on the sixty day I OL.
Speaker 2: He is not ready to return for best case scenario end of August. So he's kind of somebody who maybe eat some innings in September, could audition to be a bullpen swing arms, somebody like that. If he can be one of the best thirteen or fourteen pitchers available by the time this team is playing baseball in October, playing baseball a playoff baseball, then he could be an option. But for now he is not somebody that would have supplanted Eric Lauer or supplanted Ammachian. Instead, it is Lower that supplants Ammachian because the Dodgers optioned Ammachian today. And this comes a day after on My All Dodgers Show, I was calling for it. I did not think he would make another start, especially hearing the way Dave was talking about him. But Lawer does not move to a bulk roll relief role. Instead, he will remain in that starting rotation, potentially start on Wednesday.
Speaker 3: The day after Trek Scooble. And this is the right call.
Speaker 2: I understand you could have got something from of value out of Eric Lower, but to me, Riz having somebody around that is well, one, he's performing for this team, but two, it's just it's a safety net for show. Heyo Tani and his knee telling him take your time, bro. Same with Ted Tyler Glasnow take your time. That to me with the uncertainty of the offseason and trying to get this team and this roster as healthy and as possible to get to the postseason. Having somebody around that could eat inning equality innings that means a lot.
Speaker 1: I'm glad. I'm glad he's still on this team. I didn't think that would happen. Of course, I also didn't know about some other moves that the Dodgers are going to be making. But I do think that he is good for that innings eating situation that you were talking about. And I know that you've been clamoring and saying, hey, you know what, let show hey sit for a week. Well they're obviously not going to do that. But in the event that something does get you know, creeps up even more if the knee gets worse, or the biceps or whatever, Eric Lauer is a great piece to help kind of, you know, tie it over until Otani is okay. Let me ask you a question before we move on here. What do you think Shean needs to do? But I know you love to break down the pitching side of things. He's not been good, okay, And I'm not surprised that he was optioned. I actually am surprised that he didn't go in a trade someplace because I don't think this is his this is his entire body of work. This is not Emmett Shean's future. But right now he has not been the best that he can be. What do you think he needs to do differently? Why do you think he's been struggling so much?
Speaker 2: That's a great question. It's question the Dodgers are asking themselves too. You look at the numbers, you know, a season after you know, he had a great season in twenty twenty five, the stuff was there, The velocity was there on the fastball. This year, you look at the numbers, e er pushing five to three, and the fastball it's so inconsistent.
Speaker 3: The velocity has been down.
Speaker 2: And he is somebody who needs that fastball velocity for the other pitches, for the slider in particular, to be a weapon for him. The fastball has been so incredibly hittable that he can't really get to, you know, a leverage situation to break off a good slider. You know, it's been a good, really good strike pitch for him well early in an account, but he's if he's not getting himself into those leverage situations, you're wasting your best pitch to get back into account, and that's what I think we've seen a lot of with Mitch in this year.
Speaker 3: So if it's I would imagine.
Speaker 2: They would have an idea if there was some sort of injury, some sort of nagging, you know, mechanical issue or whatever it is. But at just be between you know, the ears, the nog and bugging him, messing with him a little bit. So a little bit of a triple A reset here, I think does wonders. You know, at least we are at a point with this roster and the pitching staff to where he's no longer needed. You add Trek Scoogle, you keep Eric Lauer, you don't need to keep running him out there and you know, potentially making things worse for him mentally. But yeah, it's a question they need to figure out for sure what's going on.
Speaker 3: With this dude.
Speaker 1: Well, I feel like it's kind of a Bobby Miller situation. If you're talking about between the ears, not comparing the same exact stuff. I'm just saying it kind of a Bobby Miller situation. And we haven't seen Bobby Miller since so I hope that Emmit Shean can certainly write the ship and get some quality innings down there, figure out whatever it is that ails him. You know again, I want nothing but success for all of these guys. Much more to come on this trade deadline episode of Dodgers Territory with Clint and myself. First, a word from our friends at Foul.
Speaker 4: It's the summertime, aj and this is a time to feel free wild, make some phone calls that you're overdue for, and also get some deals that you should be getting that you deserve.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it couldn't be any easier though. It's just one price for unlimited talk, text and data. It's really simple. It is one price for all the data and all the phone calls you could want per month. It's simple, that's right.
Speaker 4: All of mint Mobiles plans are fifteen bucks a month with the summer sale, even unlimited. To get your new wireless plan for just fifteen bucks a month, go to mintmobile dot com slash territory. That's mintmobile dot com slash territory to cut your wireless bill to fifteen dollars a month. That's it. There's no catch upfront payment of forty five dollars for three months ninety dollars for six months or one hundred eighty dollars for twelve months. Plan required fifteen bucks per month equivalent taxes and fees extra initial plan term only greater than fifty gigabytes may slow a network is busy. Includes up to twenty gigabyte hotspot capable device required, availability, speed and coverage. Farries seemtmobile dot com.
Speaker 3: We are back.
Speaker 2: I want to talk a little bit Moreriz about the whole Ben Rourtvett catching situation, because obviously, yes, I am somebody that has somewhat jokingly, somewhat tongue in cheek and also at the same time extremely seriously been a champion for Ben Rohtvett to return for this club. I like the catch and throw, I like the ability as a game caller, but I want to temper people's expectations here, Okay, putting Ben Rourtvett in as your everyday catcher for now or getting the Lion's share. He's not Will Smith, he's not Dalton Rushing. He might not even be Austin Barnes a few years ago with the bat, if that was anything. He is somebody who again is here to be a game caller. He is here to be a catch and throw guy. First, he's gonna hit nine, He's gonna try to keep the line moving. You get some bunts down like he did last year fantastically at times.
Speaker 3: Any offense, you know, it feels like a bonus to me.
Speaker 1: I think you're right, and you can do that at the catching position. Typically you don't have unless you're calt Rawley last year, or unless you are Buster Posey back in the day, or unless you're Yadi or Molina. You can go down a certain list. You don't expect offense right from your catcher Adley Richman when he first got called up and he was really having a tremendous year. Now apparently he's a member of the Boston Red Sox. But you know, those types of catchers are few and far between. Right, You expect them to be good game callers. You hope that they can manage your pitching staff, not only the stuff of the staff, but the personalities of the staff. And you're right. I think any offense you get from him, especially when you have such a good offensive club like the Dodgers, is a bonus. But somebody that knows the staff and will not have to. I mean, there's a few new guys obviously since Benny Wysseeps was here before. But when you have a guy that knows the staff is well as he does as intimately as he does, that can only help you moving forward. I mean, we're sitting here on August third, and no, we still have some time, but October's going to be here before we know it, right, So it's important that he doesn't have to get caught up. He's already up to speak for the most part in terms of this staff. So yeah, I agree with you. I think any any offense is a bonus from him, and that is that is awesome. Let's talk a little bit about.
Speaker 2: Well last thing actually, so Brandon Gomes also spoke with with Beat you know, reporters and all that ahead of the game. One of the things he said was with Ben Wertvett, they had been considering reacquiring him over the last month, but you know, the rushing injury obviously created that need.
Speaker 3: More so, I feel like.
Speaker 2: The rushing injury kind of created the need for Hunter Fiducia personally. But yeah, that means something somebody who has the familiarity with the staff. I mean, let's Also, you know, not forget I will bring it up every time I get that opportunity.
Speaker 1: It.
Speaker 2: The Dodgers won every game in which he started in the postseason. And I'm not saying he deserves a be or should be a postseason starter. He was starting wild card games while Will Smith was coming back from the fractured hand. He also somehow miraculously hit like four to twenty nine in the postseason last year.
Speaker 1: But again, I mean he has that postseason experience, right, I mean, I want to talk a couple of things here about in our chat. So I appreciate you guys, you know joining us. Limit the pass balls for sure, Yeah, you know you definitely don't want that on someone's at Rex two tricks. Don't forget about Chris Lyin a badass catcher. I agree. Yeah, I mean it's like this, this is what you want. You want a guy that knows the staff, pitch calling, those types of things, and he has that postseason experience. That's a beautiful thing. And I said this the other day, It's like, remember when y'all's Moanni Grandal talking about past balls. When y'all's Moni Grandal was with us Austin Barnes caught the majority of the postseason games because he was such a better defensive catcher. And you know, and again you love the offense from YASMANI switch hitter. He gave you a lot of really good offense. But in the postseason you need really really good defense and you really know how to you really need to know how to manage that pitching staff. Let me ask you one more question before we kind of go around the league in terms of this trade deadline. I'd like to get your thoughts about kind of some of the bigger moves that other teams made and you know, kind of maybe give the Dodgers a grade in terms of the trade deadline. How long do you think this Dalton Rushing situation has been going on.
Speaker 2: I feel like it was pretty recent, like either, I mean, he reported it yesterday. I don't know if he had been dealing with with it before. You know, performance wise, it hadn't. It didn't seem like it was much of an issue for him. He had been hitting and trying to get the numbers up on the screen here, but he had been kind of on an okay offensive.
Speaker 3: Streak.
Speaker 2: I guess two ninety over the last ten games for him, couple of dingers in there, so obviously with him being a left handed batter, that is his throwing arm is his lead arm, So you have to wonder if there's any sort of like extension issues there with that forearm, with that that elbow situation. But I really don't think it was very long. Probably within the last day or two, honestly.
Speaker 1: All right. I was just wondering because of the the acquisition of Hunter Fadusia, I mean, Ben Rourkfett made sense to me because of the delay of getting Will back, but I didn't I'm thinking Hunter Fiducia obviously with Elie's or Alfonso still on the twenty six man, Yeah, I was wondering, like how long may have this been going on? Because they obviously thought that they needed another catcher. So all right, that that being said, let's talk about the rest of the league for a hot second. Anybody like really any of the I mean, I'm watching you know, X and social all date, I'm like trying to keep up with everything, and you know, was there any any any move or any team that made you kind of take, you know, take a breath.
Speaker 2: And be like, WHOA, I don't know if there's anything that was I mean the Padre sneaking up at the end to land Casey Mize was a bit of a surprise there.
Speaker 3: You know, they got him and then.
Speaker 2: Robbie rayby adding to their starting rotation. There a shocker to a degree. A team that's you know, I wouldn't call them exceptionally in the race, but a.
Speaker 1: Peler twenty games out of the wild card is still going to do stuff.
Speaker 2: He and Jerry Depoto, yeah, I mean they are only a game back there, so I could I could understand why you would want to chase But is is that roster good enough? Is that offense good enough? Which you see here on the screen, it's in the lower rungs of offense in baseball.
Speaker 3: It's interesting, interesting again for them to push some chips in.
Speaker 2: I understand why you would, though, like the core of that team is not going to get younger by the time they get to next year, if there is baseball next year. Other moves Milwaukee making a couple of you know, additions there. You get Dustin May and Jojo Romero from from the Cardinals. I think they got another guy as well whose name escapes me at the moment.
Speaker 3: Chicago. The Cubs team we face just went right.
Speaker 1: And hang on, let's see for a second here, old please. Yeah, So the Padres got Casey miz engaged workmen. The Tigers got Cash Mayfield and Jackson Wolf Okay, whatever I mean. Cubs get Clay Holmes, Tyrone Taylor, the Mets got Jefferson Rojas.
Speaker 2: If you got the Tyrone Taylor like adding that you know him to to that outfit mix, that's I'm.
Speaker 1: Kind I feel bad for Dustin may a little bit. Not that he's going to the Brewers. Obviously they're in first place in the Annal Central, but I think he really fit in well with the Cardinals. I think he was really having a good season there. It kind of seemed to really gel for him. But that Bank said Dustin made Jojo Romero go to the Brewers. The Cardinals get Alexander Fries and Josiah Ragsdale. Okay, Astros, this one, this one was interesting. So the Astros getting Dalton var Show and the Blue Jays got Spencer Araghetty. So they're playing each other today, right, So it's basically like Dalton Rushing like walked across the field to get to his new team. And a source told me that when they saw arag Getty, who was like warming up in the bullpen or throwing a bullpen something to that effect, and found out that he was traded after like throwing a bullpen, it was like he had daggers in his lies. He was so pissed. So you got to remember, guys, these are people before they're players first. So but I don't, you know, I don't. I don't really feel like anybody was like, oh my gosh, that's crazy. Yeah, but you can appreciate this was a little interesting to me. Jeff Hoffman go into the Twins, I got. I mean, yeah, the Twins are still in it. They need a closer, right, But they traded everybody at the Trade de Blind last year, right, Remember it was like you're thinking, if you're the Twins, you're like walking into the the House of bel Air and like, where the where the hell is everybody?
Speaker 2: Which, by the way, Jack Flaherty tweeted that today, you know the Will Smith looking around his living room.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like, where did everybody go? They trade? Trade Casey?
Speaker 1: That was that was also Mike Trout too, right, so that's another team like Joe Adell's gone and Mike Trout walks in there like but again, like Mike Trout has no trade clause and it is what it is. Like he could be the only person on the roster and he probably still not want to get traded. So yeah, Caleb Ferguson keeps moving around. Guys, Caleb Ferguson is now with the Yeah, the International Bonus Pool money.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was an interesting one there.
Speaker 2: I mean, for for the Cardinals to trade Jojo Ramero away like they want to, This was always the plan for for heine Bloom and the Cardinals. They wanted to be able to move any pieces of value. They need to rebuild.
Speaker 3: That that farm system. They need to start doing that.
Speaker 2: So to get you know, they signed Dustin May with the Hope with the goal of him putting together a decent enough first half to be able to move him for something, and and then again with the Romero as well. But for them to add Caleb Ferguson to the mix. Yeah, to see this seems weird.
Speaker 1: I'm interested in your opinion on this, guys, and Wade in the chat if there's any like trades that were like made you scratch your head a little bit. The Mariners letting Louis Castillo go.
Speaker 3: I'm like, they have so much pitching. They really have so much, but.
Speaker 1: You're gonna but you're gonna need that though, you're gonna need.
Speaker 3: That in the they have enough.
Speaker 2: Kate Anderson could come up for them like and plug right in from Double A, and he needs an opportunity as well. And like historically it feels like the Mariners have avoided sending their top pitching prospects to Triple A. They like to make that jump, so it could be exciting, it could be interesting. Getting Taylor Ward probably helps them in that anemic offense a little bit.
Speaker 3: More as well, because you know, he's.
Speaker 2: Not great, but he's somebody that has at least a little bit of pop in the bat.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it wasn't a massive, massive deal our day, I should say. It wasn't like, you know, you had this like crazy crazy uh trade, like a three team trade or whatever. But hopefully the teams that are contending got better, and hopefully the teams that are pretending, we'll have enough pieces in play to start contending in the future.
Speaker 3: Hopefully, I'd say, let's do this.
Speaker 2: We do have another break to get to, but I want to keep having this conversation. Obviously, this is just kind of a hangout show here, just thoughts on this trade deadline.
Speaker 3: So we'll be back.
Speaker 2: Jump into the comments, everybody, let us know, like Alana said, how you feel about this deadline? Who got better? Who got worse? Teams that the Dodgers could face. But we'll be back after another quick word from our friends.
Speaker 1: It fell.
Speaker 4: Today's episode is sponsored by the ASPCA Pet Health Insurance Program.
Speaker 1: Kratz.
Speaker 5: We love our pups, we do, and I can't put Bella in a bubble, So you know what I'll do. I'll do the next best thing for her.
Speaker 4: That's right. The ASPCA Pet Health Insurance Program offers customizable accident and illness plans that can fit your budget, your lifestyle, and even your pets particular quirks. ASPCA Pet Health Insurance has been around for almost thirty years and has covered over one million pets. And when it's time to submit a claim, it's easy. Just use their app and receive reimbursement for eligible VET bills directly into your bank account, so you can get back to focusing on what really matters, and that's your pet. To explore coverage, visit ASPCA Pet Insurance dot Com slash fail. That's ASPCA Pet Insurance dot Com slash faul again one more time, ASPCA Pet Insurance dot Com slash foul. This is a paid advertisement. Insurance is underwritten by either Independence American Insurance Company or United States Fire Insurance Company and produced by PTZ Insurance Agency Limited. The ASPCA is not an insuran and is not engaged in the business of insurance.
Speaker 1: I want to discuss a couple more teams in this trade deadline that we just finished with about an hour and change ago on this August third. The Boston Red Sox are an interesting thing, right for some reason, whatever the hell this team is doing, they better bottle it up because it is so difficult to continue this unbelievable streak they are on all the way through, right, But if they continue to do this and they can get into that postseason picture. I mean they already are, but if they can, who knows, maybe they win the division the way that they're playing at this point. But my point is they were able to get Adley Utchmond. Now, he was the number one pick in twenty nineteen for the Baltimore Oriols, right, so Adley Retchmond he was unbelievable when he first came up. He hasn't been as productive as he was when he first came up, but the fact that he has gone to the Red Sox. They also acquired Giants Lefty Miller for Marcelo Meyer, which says a lot to me because Marcelo Meyer and Roman Anthony Clint were kind of supposed to be like the second coming of the Messiah for the Boston Red Sox. Certainly Roman Anthony, but Marcella Meyer. They're like, kind of like a tandem, and it just hasn't panned out for him now, both on the il, but Marcella Meyer just didn't seem to, for whatever reason, fit the mold or whatever they thought they were going to get for him. So he's gone. He's in San Francisco, okay. But you get Miller to help as far as your pitching is concerned, and then you get Eli White, Okay. So they've added a lot of pieces today, the Boston Red Sox did. But I'm interested in your opinion of the acquisition of Adlete Rutchman because this is a team that their catching corps was Connor Wong and Carlos Narbias yep. Okay, so they needed I was actually really interested in Carlos Narbias. I sent Andrew Friedman a text but to get Carlos Narbias. Do you think he ever texted me back?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 1: Hell no, because he was too busy working on tek' scooble. So I don't know.
Speaker 4: What.
Speaker 1: Do you think the Red Sox are hot right now? Do you like what they did?
Speaker 3: I mean, I think it's a good move, you know, bringing in somebody.
Speaker 2: Rushman isn't you know, the Adlee Retchmen of years past, But he's still putting together a pretty good year they've in Boston. It feels like they've had I wouldn't say a black hole at Catcher, but they haven't been exceptional at the position. The fact that Connor Wong is one of their guys is you know, I'm gonna say concerning, but they could do better there. Uh and and you know, you free up some space for other moves of you know, like it's felt like they've had on that roster a bunch of good players, but just kind of like weird redundancies within the outfield and in the infield, and some guys who are kicked out to the outfield because their infield is so overloaded, so you know, I know, like somebody like Sedane Raphaela has played some infield in the past, maybe you move him to the infield more so.
Speaker 3: Something like that.
Speaker 1: I can leave him where he is. He's a gold glove outfield.
Speaker 2: Obviously he is exceptional in center field. We just saw it this weekend. But yeah, no, I think after watching how good they they played the Dodgers this weekend, you know, I feel like, thank God for Terrek Schoogle because we didn't really need to process the Dodgers, the Dodgers getting swept by the Red Sox. But it's it's definitely something where you're you're kind of like, all right, that's a team.
Speaker 3: You put them on the big board.
Speaker 2: You know, before the season, we did the five NL teams to worry about if we're gonna eventually probably after this this week, do five teams just all together in the league to worry about Boston's up there, And we knew they would. They got some solid pitching and defensively they're they're really really good. And I also on an all time heater right now.
Speaker 1: I mean they're on it. They're on a friggin I don't know what they're doing right now. Even Chris, my husband, who never says anything about anything, was like, what the hell are the Red Sox doing?
Speaker 3: So you know, it won like twenty four games or something.
Speaker 1: It's been, it's been. It's insane. It's insane what they're doing right now. And I'm with you, though, I'm so sad it's gotten this. In the chat said Red Sox peaking at the wrong time. They'll come back down to earth. I agree with that. However, if they can continue to do this and really solidify a wild card spot, it doesn't make a difference. They just have to get in because the American League is so weak this year that they just have to get in. And right now they're only two and a half games behind the Yankees in terms of the second spot in the Al East. They're only five games behind the Rays for the division lead. I mean, that's not insurmountable. Okay, so there is there is a chance. But my point is, yes, I agree with you that they're not gonna this is not gonna be a sustainable for the remainder of the regular season. But all they gotta do is get in, all right, I'm interested in your opinion as well. And I say that so many times. If I ever listen to our shows, everybody has a crutch. I can't stand listening to myself. That's neither here nor there. The Philadelphia Phillies acquired Luis Arise, three time batting champion. I don't understand why this man keeps getting traded. First of all, he's a three time batting champion. How I know he doesn't hit the long ball, but damn he gets on base. So they are possibly thinking of moving Bryce Harper from first back to the outfield because they have to move the infield around right to accommodate the acquisition of Luis Rise. Did the Phillies get better? Are they the team to beat in the National League besides the Dodgers? Tell me more thoughts.
Speaker 3: Go I listen.
Speaker 2: It's weird, Like my first thought this morning, watching the Phillies and these moves and seeing the decisions that we're going to be made.
Speaker 3: I'm like, what the what the fuck are they thinking here?
Speaker 2: They are, like you said, moving Bryce Harper back to right field, where he hasn't played full time since twenty twenty one. You're moving Alec Bohm to from third base to first base. Bryson Stott moves from second to third base. Both of those guys. I mean, at least Bohm has a little bit of experience in the past at first base. Bryson Stott has not played very much, if at all, if any third base there. It just feels like they are a team that does not care about defense. He doesn't care about the presentation.
Speaker 3: And we've seen it.
Speaker 2: We've seen it a couple of times in the last calendar year with you know, Ryan Kirkring throwing the baseball to the backstop or JT real Muto.
Speaker 3: I guess that's less of.
Speaker 2: The defense and just more of just, you know, the little things playing the game right, not getting yourself picked off. It feels like, you know, I don't know if I don't mean this in this way, I don't know back in your day as it isn't back in my day right now, where you would have idiots and being like, yeah, you know, why don't why don't the Dodgers just go give Barry bonds or something like that.
Speaker 3: It's like, come on, it's not a fucking reality.
Speaker 1: But but but what what what accent was that exactly?
Speaker 3: That's that's hood. Yeah, it's like that's like Montabello, a little bit of Peico.
Speaker 1: My people, your people.
Speaker 2: Okay, it was a little bit, honestly, a little bit of East Lost in there as well, you know.
Speaker 1: East Los Angeles.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like some day fool like I think what they should do.
Speaker 2: The Dodgers should just I mean, how many people said, oh, just move Dalton rushing to the outfielder. How come Will Smith doesn't play first or second because.
Speaker 3: They don't play the positions.
Speaker 2: They haven't done it, and the Dodgers don't do dumb shit like that, like move these guys out of position so they can be set up to fail.
Speaker 3: Chris feels like.
Speaker 1: Just ask ask Christian Campbell how he feels about being moved all over the damn field and has he got sent back to Triple A and hasn't seen the Big League since? Yeah, I mean, the Dodgers put guys in the positions to have success. They're not idiots.
Speaker 2: They're not Idiotstzy, Fritzy the dog gets me the Boyle Heights.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Boyle Heights in there.
Speaker 1: Fritzie the dog looks like a cool I was gonna say a cool cat, but it's a dog.
Speaker 3: Pico, a little pico in there Pico in me. You know, all right?
Speaker 1: So right now, trade deadline be gone. Who's the toughest team that the Dodgers would have to face if the World Series started. I'm just assuming we're in okay, if the World Series started tomorrow, Let's pretend, all right, let's do it this way. Toughest team the Dodgers would have to face in the NLCS, and then the toughest and then they advanced. Toughest team they'd have to face in the World Series in the americanly Brewers.
Speaker 2: You look at the NLCS the Brewers. But the thing is between the Dodgers and the Brewers, the Dodgers are.
Speaker 3: The team that got Trek Schoogle. Brewers did not.
Speaker 2: So once again, I think this is like we saw in twenty eighteen, in twenty twenty less, so we've seen it over the years. The Dodgers are better equipped to survive a seven game series. The five game series is a little bit of a crap shoot. I don't even know who they would play right now if the postseason started right away. Might be the Diamondbacks, potentially Cubs or something like that. Either way, I feel good about this club against the Cubs of the Diamondbacks and a short series. But you know, look at the Brewers, maybe the Braves in there. I think the Brewers in the National League though, that's the team gives me a little bit of the frights.
Speaker 3: Uh. And the American League can't not be.
Speaker 2: Boston, Like, yeah, I think they found something.
Speaker 3: You know, it could be that they got you know, hot too early.
Speaker 1: I do think that's the thing again again it is I mean, my god, it's only August third. I just think that they will get into the postseason. But there's no way that this can be sustained for the rest of it, for the rest of the year.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you, I don't buy into the Rays that voodoo bullshit. Yeah, they lead the American League and wins.
Speaker 3: That's that's It's all horseship. Whatever they do, it's horseship.
Speaker 1: Is it voodoo or is it horseship?
Speaker 3: Like voodoo horseship, it's part of it, part of Like how.
Speaker 1: About how lotions and potions? How about your grade for the Dodgers at this trade deadline? I mean, it seems silly to even ask.
Speaker 2: Right, I give it a T for Treks Gooogle, you got the guy everybody wanted, you know, and and you had an immediate and urgent need at catcher that you patched up extremely quickly. You know, like those stupid uh what is that the it's not gorilla tape but whatever it is where the guy's like, oh, there's a hole, this water's coming out, and it's like slaps the tape on online.
Speaker 3: That's what they did. They immediately patched that that hole that.
Speaker 2: Could have emerged where we would have seen Elie's er Alfonso or CHUCKI Robinson catching games for the next.
Speaker 3: At least two weeks.
Speaker 2: So for them to be able to jump on that that quickly, that was impressive. I am somewhat surprised they didn't find a way to move Alex call but just didn't line up. And AC ain't hurting nobody outside of you know, show Tony's elbow kicking him. He's not hurting anybody being on this roster.
Speaker 1: So listen, nobody feels worse about that than AC. How much time do you have? Can we discuss one more thing really quick? Or do you have some plate? Do you have a pool you need to get into.
Speaker 2: And definitely always need to get in the pool. Well, okay, we got also some other grades here real quick. So Seagell has an A plus Paul plus.
Speaker 1: I mean honestly, like if you GETL, I think that's an A. It's an A.
Speaker 3: Dave helps me out. It's flex seal.
Speaker 2: That's what we're looking for, not a sponsor seal, not a sponsor, but will take your money.
Speaker 3: All right, what's the last thing you got?
Speaker 1: Isn't it funny? Or is it funny? Because it's funny to me? Is it funny to you? How more people are more pissed off about the Dodgers getting Trek Schoobel and all of the blow up about this and the and the blow back about this, and they were about the Astros cheating in twenty seventeen that.
Speaker 3: Well, listen, everybody was cheating. Everybody's cheating, not illegally.
Speaker 2: They didn't have no other teams had an entire department established just to steal signs and somehow relay them during the game. Yeah, people might have been filming stuff. People might have found a way to relay some things in real time. At least when the Dodgers cheat and steal signs, they do it the old fashioned way behind second base trying to relay some things or at the bare minimum pretending like they have signs. I mean, you don't even have signs anymore, but you could still pick up the grip in the back of a glove or something like that.
Speaker 1: Is that why Rosake's glove is the size Mickey Mouse's hands. Yeah, can't tell me. You cannot tell me for one second that Rokie's flipping glove is not bigger than it's supposed to be.
Speaker 3: Would you break? Yeah, I don't know. If it's bigger than it's supposed to.
Speaker 1: Be, it well, you know what I mean, like it's march it is.
Speaker 3: It is a it is like it's a co ed softball outfield glove. That's that's what I say.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it works if it if it's something that helped them out just a little bit to to hide that baseball. I was talking about this over the weekend. It felt and I need to watch more of the tape because it felt to me before like he used to kind of come set and as he was getting into his wind and getting ready to deliver, he would kind of come out and tap like I think he was doing that, and I think the thing that they were trying to fix that because I think with the smaller glove he was. He was lifting the ball and I don't have my props because I took the gloves out of the room, but he was lifting the glove, the ball high enough out of the glove. Where that little bit With these hitters like Kershaw yesterday noticing Andy pa has having a different bat, I'm like, these people are fucking insane.
Speaker 3: The stuff they see.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, it's like I've always said to like, you know, obviously to my husband, but I've always said to like oral and to no more into all you know, people I work with. Now with the nesson, it's like lu Maerloney or whatever. I'm like, I wish I wish I could watch the game through your eyes because there's just so much we don't know. There's so much that all these little like intricacies of the game that I will never understand having not played it in that type of thing. But it's cool. There's so many games within within the game. That being said, you guys, I think we're gonna shut it down for tonight. We're going to figure out when we're doing our post game show. It's either going to be Thursday or Friday of this week. Wednesday, No I'm actually doing the all women's broadcast on Nissan on Wednesday, So there's that way. I am doing the the the color analyst. It truly is the broadcast.
Speaker 2: Hold on, wait, I got a button for that one second.
Speaker 3: Proud of you.
Speaker 2: I'm proud of you for that one. All right, well we could we can hit the sign a sign off button here. We've got to remind you whendn't we go live yesterday? There's already merch in the store. Check out Foul Territory Shop. Get yourself a Trek Scooble shirt officially licensed by MLBPA. Of course, we also have our own shop, Dodger Territoryshop dot com. We got shirts, we got babies, we got clothes for babies, we got mugs, all of.
Speaker 3: That kind of stuff. You buy anything there.
Speaker 2: It goes directly to supporting us myself, Alana, Katie, so on and so forth. And while while you're already here on the internet, why not subscribe to the all or what do we call Dodger's Territory YouTube channel.
Speaker 3: We would appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Give us the twenty thousand subscribers before the postseason, and then we can get to twenty five and then we could all retire happy or something like that.
Speaker 1: That there that that would be amazing. If we could get twenty before the postseason, that would be great. And we got to figure out our next happy hour as well. All Right, guys, we appreciate you very much. We're going to figure out the next show, so obviously subscribe so you can be informed about when we're doing that. We're definitely back on Thursday for our regular show, but we will talk to you soon. Go Dodgers.
Speaker 3: Bye,