Speaker 1: You're listening to Comedy Central.
Speaker 2: Wow, Hey, everybody, welcome to hold up the show.
Speaker 3: That's a whole lot, whole lot of feelings, whole lot of emotions, a whole lot talking about very little. We break down the things that are important to us, not things that are important in the world. And today we have a little bit of a part two. We have a little bit of a revisit. Okay, because we had talked a little bit back and forth about some seasonal things and everything, but today we bring it home with what I would consider the final form of those things.
Speaker 2: Why people enjoy those seasons. Right today, it's going to be cabins in the mountains versus beach houses.
Speaker 1: Get into it. How can Josh be in two weeks back to back?
Speaker 3: Okay, so I'm guessing that means that you want to go first. Then sure, No, since you're so you're so sure, you're so sure, you're so positive that I'm wrong. So I'm excited to hear I'm if anything, I feel like I have a front seat tell me how wrong I am, so that I can tell you how Nune that applies.
Speaker 1: Go ahead, listen, It's not that you're wrong, is that you're not right. You know what I mean.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no, don't do that either. If you want to you want to take me out with logic, you got to do it. You got to do it top to bottom.
Speaker 1: First of all, when in the history of you knowing me, have I always gone pure logic.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying, you're saying how wrong I am, Like how I'm.
Speaker 1: Talking about in general over the history of.
Speaker 2: The podcas cass mm hmm.
Speaker 1: You see what I'm saying, Like, it's not just today, it's not just last episode, It's it's every episode, and it's every episode. What do you say, Listen, I'm just concerned for you.
Speaker 2: You're concerned for me. You should be concerned for yourself. All right.
Speaker 3: Wow, You've had You've had plenty of episodes where you did well, where you got the people on your side, and I think that maybe I think that maybe you've underestimated that I make good points too. Sometimes I think things that people also like, you know, talking about every episode.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you make great points, but they're just not right. You see what I'm saying, Like, it's you make great points, but you just don't win. It's like a debate. You get points even there's like a there's a knockout and then there's like a ko It's like, oh, you want this boxing match because the footwork, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: So tell me what's so great about beach houses.
Speaker 1: Well, I just I just don't understand why I have to even just feel these questions because it's like, all, first of all, it's the motherfucking beach, So like I don't even understand. It's like people are like, oh, they're sand. It's like, you sound stupid. Shut up. There's dirt everywhere. Sand. It's just a different kind of dirt.
Speaker 2: That's just this this little dirt.
Speaker 1: There's soil, there's dirt. They're sand.
Speaker 3: Okay, sand is the herpes of dirt. All right, It's gonna get in and it's gonna be hard to get out. You're not even gonna know that you have it until you know you take your shoes off. It's it's a it's a pain.
Speaker 1: No, No, we act like that's sand is. This is this mysterious creature that goes bumping the night. They'll just roll up on you and be like you didn't even know that I was here. I'm saying like, no, you know when a hell SAand came for you into the beach, didn't you bye bye? They're saying, Okay, listen, you have to if you don't know the secrets of getting the sand off of you. Okay, you gotta let the wind do a lot of the work. Okay, you got to shake stuff out before you put it in the car. But also when you went to the beach, you knew you was gonna get some sand. Okay, this is just part of the experience. You know, when you go to a bar, somebody might spill a drinker on you, but you still go to a bar mh. And someone supposed to drink You're like, oh wow, this is crazy. But if you're sitting in a golden corral when somebody's supposed to drink on you, that's gonna be very unexpected.
Speaker 3: Look, if you were sitting at a golden corral and you were upset about any outside forces coming at you and doing any form of damage to your person, your belongings, what you're wearing, then you are the one that's out of order.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 3: When you go to a golden corral, you truly take your life into your own hands.
Speaker 2: Alter somewhat. Some crab legs where the crab legs really worth it?
Speaker 1: Do they have crab legs?
Speaker 2: I don't know if they have crab legs.
Speaker 3: I feel like I might also be confusing Golden Corral with a different place.
Speaker 2: I saw a fight over crab legs.
Speaker 1: Was that a Chinese boofer?
Speaker 2: No? But it was a buffet for sure, And it was it was people.
Speaker 3: At first, it was just tongs, a lot of songs like snipping at each other like pop pop pop pop pop pop, And then a couple of hands and then some tongs caught some hands, and then some hands caught some hands, and then everybody caught hands.
Speaker 1: Wow, what a song? Did you know that we're out of crab? Who's we like as a culture, like as a people, like as human beings? The crab is gone?
Speaker 2: Wait what.
Speaker 1: You look up?
Speaker 2: What are you saying right now? So you're saying we are out of crab?
Speaker 1: Like I think all those like there's a billion crabs that we don't have. I didn't make this upizarre look it up on that.
Speaker 3: I'm not I'm not saying you're making anything up. I'm trying to understand how much out of crab we are. When you say, do you mean America?
Speaker 1: You're saying that billions of snow crabs have disappeared from the waters around Alaska. Scientists say overfishing is not the cause.
Speaker 2: Oh it's I wish it was us. It's worse that it's not us.
Speaker 3: So then so then wait, if you go to one of these crab places and you order crab, is it not crab?
Speaker 1: Well, we just I think we just found this out like a month ago. Oh so the shock in awe of many billions missing from the population is worth noting. That includes all the females and babies. The Bristol Bay Red King crab harvest will also be closed for the second year in a row, the agency's announced.
Speaker 3: Oh shit, I mean it looks like cabin's just got a little bit more appealing.
Speaker 2: All right, there's gonna be no crab because I mean, come on, you got to go to the cold. Now.
Speaker 1: First of all, this is snow crab. This is what hot crab.
Speaker 2: Okay, you get you get crabs hot though, I'm saying, if things that come to the beach are dying off, right, So if there's no more crabs, just gonna be running around scooter scooting at the beach, right.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, these are different crabs. These are Alaskan snow crabs.
Speaker 2: It's only the Alaskan ones that are disappearing.
Speaker 1: Yes, there's only the last and ones. There's billions of them missing and don't know where they're at. I don't know. Maybe they just need to turn left. I don't know where. I'm not a scientist, obviously, I was a theater major. But you having a good seafood tree is one of my favorite parts of going to the beach because I can tell you, I don't know what black people are gonna do if we're a snow crab.
Speaker 2: That's that's also my concern.
Speaker 1: As soon as I heard it, I was like.
Speaker 3: That means the gumbo's gonna be lacking. Bro it means the buffets are going to be weak.
Speaker 1: It means your crab boils is gonna be a problem.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we need more black climate scientists specifically for this.
Speaker 3: Skip skip all the other stuff. Even if we're gonna die in a decade, go ahead, skip all that. Tell us how to get the snow crabs back. I'll tell you what I'm gonna I'm gonna help you out right now, and I'm gonna tell you why cabins in the mountains are superior. You won't even have to worry about any of this duels. Say you come to a cabin, you're chilling.
Speaker 1: Now, this is not a beach problem. This is not a beach house problem.
Speaker 3: The beaches are a problem. The beach houses are a problem.
Speaker 2: Okay, no, no, no, no, no, no you can you can hey no no, because I'll tell you right now. I'll tell you right now. The beach house. Let's talk about it for a second. Let's talk about the dangers. Okay, let's talk about just the dangers. You are a beach house. I'm gonna go to the beach every day. Oh I'm so happy. Right sharp, you got sharks. Okay, you already got the sharks, then you got the storms.
Speaker 3: You really want to be there during the storm when you're at a cabin in the mountains.
Speaker 2: Tell you what variables bears are you saying?
Speaker 3: There are way more sharks than there are bears eating people, attacking people, slapping people.
Speaker 1: No, there are not. People interact with bears way more than they interact with sharks.
Speaker 2: Crazy people on purpose?
Speaker 1: Yes no no no no no, no no no. You are more likely to get stung by a bead and get attacked by a shark. People always use this shark equivalency. It's like, oh, I get attacked by a shark. Bitch, You couldn't got a car accident on a way here because you know people are provoking sharks. Does not act like that. But also so you can't say, oh, you got attacked by bear because you're provoking a bear. No, sometimes bears ain't here with the shits. Okay, there, you know I'm not here to play with you. You should have opened this trash. Can you knew I was coming? Stop playing with me. Don't act like the people are get attacked by bears.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it's also ha, there's panthers.
Speaker 1: There's panthers. There's mountain lions. There are very aggressive deer, Like, there are way more animals that can attack you in the mountains. They can't attack you in the ocean.
Speaker 3: So we're really gonna skip jellyfish. Were really gonna skip stingrays, were really gonna skip.
Speaker 1: Sharks. Jellyfish. You can see a jellyfish coming out. All you gotta do is just swim away from a jellyfish.
Speaker 2: All you gotta do is not run up on a mountain lion like.
Speaker 1: Mountain lions run. Mountain lions run up on you.
Speaker 3: I've never heard of a person getting attacked by a mountain lion the way I have a shark. I feel like mountain lion is the lowest on this list, is it?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I bet you. Here's the thing I will say.
Speaker 3: I can already conceee this point technically that I feel like we don't hear about them as often. But I can see how people be going to those National parks and be touching bears and rubbing up on bears and stuff, and then bears slap them and accident we kill them, right, But that's still not a cabin though.
Speaker 2: The National Parks is not a cabin bear.
Speaker 1: So are we talking about houses in the mountains or the mountains as a concept as a label?
Speaker 3: Oh, houses in the mountains, because we're not just talking about the beach right now, we're talking about beach houses.
Speaker 1: Okay, So we're not talking about okay, so we're talking about beach homes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, beach homes.
Speaker 3: That's why I brought the storms, because I was like, guys, this is this is great property to own in between hurricane seasons.
Speaker 1: I mean listen, those tornadoes go to mountains, do they? I don't know, Meteorolo.
Speaker 2: I feel like this is gonna sound real, Dub.
Speaker 3: I'm probably gonna get judged in the comments, but I feel like when the tornado hits the mountain, the mountain just break it all up, like it just it just it hits and it even storms, but it doesn't like go through. It doesn't like hopscotch up the mountain to keep destroying stuff the.
Speaker 1: Way that it does on a flat land. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because tornadoes don't have legs like that. Like it's not like a Tasmanian devil that's just gonna jump up and keep spinning.
Speaker 1: Because hurricanes just go her.
Speaker 3: Hurricanes go in a way that like feels disrespectful. Like I grew up in Louisiana, so I've witnessed hurricanes just act like buildings weren't in the way.
Speaker 1: Yes, but I've never seen like I've seen a tornado. Right because when we moved back to Miami, there weren't any major hurricanes that hit while we lived there. Okay, we moved there right after Hurricane Andrew, which devastated Yeah, all of South Florida. I understand like having a beach house, Like, yeah, it's like you're worried about flooding, You're worried about hurricanes. But like when you live in a cabin, it's you know, you have to worry about forest fires. You have to worry about you know, snow can get heavy, Snow can melt if there's you know, it can cause a lot of water damage. I mean, there's different hazards that you have with living in both places. What I can say is that one, I don't believe to go into the mountains in the summer in the same way that it is pointless to go to the beach in the winter.
Speaker 2: Okay, so are we still leaning on seasonal peaks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because it's like the beach is the most enjoyable when you can, you know, legs out, titties out, you hop it in and out of this ocean. Right. And then, as someone who thinks that a vacation in the summertime is only a beach having a beach house and a place, that's not like I've been to a beach house in like Atlantic City, and I'm like that wasn't like the old Jersey source situation. I'm just like, I know, y'all y'all don't know no better. That's why you think this is nice. Also, Yankee beaches are just not great anyway.
Speaker 2: Where's the best beach to you?
Speaker 1: Oh you're giving me a Caribbean. You're giving me you know the like Marco Island in Florida is gorgeous, Dauphin Island is pretty. And in Alabama, like golf, The golf is very pretty because it's like they're really clear clear water. And when you go to like Fort Lauderdale, like Ola Beach, Biscayne Bay, South Beach, like the keys are very beautiful. When I went to Turks and Caicos, oh my god, that was fucking gorgeous. So you're like a clearwater sitch, you know what I mean. But like, also the good thing about being a beach house, like that thing that people talk about it like you know truck, you know, having a drag stuff down to the beach and you know the sand and all of that. It's when you don't have to tope stuff back to the car. It's a totally different campaign. Like I had a condo and Tybee Island. I think from my thirty twenty eight teen, okay, nineteen, I think my thirty seventh birthday, I think maybe thirty six, thirty seven, one of those. We just had a condo just across the street because all the ones on the beach were like time chairs and shit. Yeah, so we couldn't get in. So all we were just across the street. And as somebody who grew up going to Tybee Island and it was we were in. We drove down for the day, or we would go up to Hilton Head and we drove down and then you spent all the at the beach. You have to towe everything back to the car and then drive four hours back to Atlanta. To be able to just cross the street and go to the beach and then go back inside was amazing. But like as a kid, so when I was like nine ten years old, we lived in We lived on North Miami Beach, so we lived we lived in the so you you ever seen that show Sweet Life from Zack and Cody, Yeah, that's what we were. So it's like we lived in this hotel. Okay, we have the kitchen. The housekeepers would watch us. German tourist taught me how to swim. There's like a shopping mall on the bottom. It's still there. Actually there's like a shopping mall on the bottom floor. And every day I would just go swimming in the ocean or swimming in the pool. And this was like, I think all of fourth grade for me, most of fourth grade for me, at least half of it was So I've lived on the beach. Your girl has had a life, Joshua.
Speaker 2: No, I believe you.
Speaker 3: I guess my thing is when it comes to a cab and for me, there's a fireplace, all right, there are cozy places to read.
Speaker 2: Okay, I can stay. I can stay nice and warm, right. And I'm not talking about hot.
Speaker 3: Am I talking about beach hot, sweltering burning my skin? I'm talking about a nice warm throw over me, right, like a little throw.
Speaker 2: Or even an afghan on me. Okay, I'm smelling scented candles.
Speaker 1: My question is, are you holding a cup of tea with both hands?
Speaker 2: If I need to? If I must, then I must. I'm telling you, Oh, you make me so worried.
Speaker 3: I feel like I feel like even if I can get one of those what were they called snuggies O a snuggie in a cabin. A snuggie is definitely out here. As seen on TV.
Speaker 1: Come throw as seen on TV.
Speaker 2: As worn by me. I will reading in a cabin.
Speaker 1: Listen, I have done the cabin thing, right, Okay, I've done the cabin thing with the group of friends quote unquote, you know, listen. It was a couple's thing. Oh my god, the wildest thing was said to me. There was this gentleman, you know what, never mind, and so you know what, fuck it because it's wild. So someone there was making chicken pop pie for dinner, but like a big one for us to share because it was like six of us. Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, And one of the guys in the group said he couldn't have chicken because he and chicken had the same blood type.
Speaker 3: So what was actually happening was that this this person that was brought by another person his wife.
Speaker 2: His wife has been married to a chicken this entire time.
Speaker 1: She's gone so.
Speaker 2: Out here.
Speaker 3: And that's that's messed up of him too, because that means that he he's really falling in love with the oppressor, all right, because that's hilarious because yeah, people have just been eating his cousins everything. He didn't say anything at the table, you know, And I'll even go ahead, I'll go as far to say it.
Speaker 2: I'll say it right now, and people may be thinking I'm going too far, but I don't care. All right. I don't know this person at all. But this this person that you're talking about that was on this trip with you, that's a house chicken. Okay.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I saw oh, I saw this, and I was trying to figure out. I remember we had a recorded day. So one of my friends posted something on Instagram. I had to let grind Josh about.
Speaker 2: The greatest version of you. It's not the I can do anything version of you, the greatest version of you.
Speaker 1: It's the discipline version of you, the greatest version of you. It's the version that has ceimeters. No, I don't do that. I don't drink that. I don't go there with these people. I'm focused. I have a prize that's in front of m.
Speaker 2: Music all right. When I say music, when I say bars, all right.
Speaker 3: The only thing harder than these bars or prison bars, okay, and they're the prison of not living up to your potential.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 3: If you want to stay locked up in mediocrity, if you will stay in the clink, all.
Speaker 2: Right, you want to stay wait, don't ever relable. You will stay in the clink of the mundane, all right? Do you want to stay in the pin of the practically not even here?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 2: Or do you want to break loose? Do you want to unchain yourself?
Speaker 3: Do you want to unbound yourself by grabbing a little bit of discipline, grabbing a pinch of persistence, grabbing.
Speaker 2: A whole bowl, a whole bowl, a whole bowl, you're ready, a whole bowl of can't stop me, won't stop me. So we take the can't stop me, won't stop me.
Speaker 3: We grabbed the pinch of persistence, We grabbed a little bit of discipline, okay, And you stir it up with a with a with a spoon, all right. And you know what the spoon made of, right, you already know what the spoon made of. You already know you can guess if you want, You already know dedication?
Speaker 2: Nah would? All right? You go, You're gonna take a wooden spoon, all right, you gonna stir? And why I say start? Sometimes people stir in life.
Speaker 3: Sometimes when people stir, they start until their arm is tired, until their wrist is weary. Okay, But what you really gotta do, you guys, stir until you know, until you know beyond shava doubt that it's mixed, it's seasoned, it's ready, it's it's it's warm. It's not hot, you know, and if it was cold, maybe you stirt it up fast enough you got.
Speaker 2: It hot again.
Speaker 1: I can't with you.
Speaker 2: Blessed, blessed, we're blessed right now.
Speaker 1: How does your brain do this?
Speaker 2: Do what grind?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 3: I wish honestly, honestly, do'll say I wish I knew another way.
Speaker 1: I cannot imagine what the person listening to this is thinking, because it's like, is it beach houses are not?
Speaker 3: No, it's cabins, cabins all day, nothing like a snowy little walk. You know, can see your footprints in the ice.
Speaker 1: I can see my footprints in sands.
Speaker 3: And you got that sad all between your toes or is never coming out. It ain't ever coming out, It is never coming out, all right, as soon as you get it in, there is in there.
Speaker 1: What I'm looking for is I started out with two sets of footprints, Okay, I want to see that two set footprints and turning to one. You know what happened then is when he carried.
Speaker 2: Me you know, do you know why he carried you? Because that's saying was dirty?
Speaker 1: All right? Are you saying you like being barefoot? Josh?
Speaker 3: I don't mind it, but I'm not like, Hey, don't put that out there, because you know, people are never gonna see my feet, So last thing I need them to think it is that is that half my shoes not real?
Speaker 1: You mean this thing is out? You're wearing a woman's size sixth.
Speaker 2: I'm never telling you anything. Hey, look, I'm doing my best.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 2: I just don't the same size. Like I said, I.
Speaker 1: Wear a nine, Like I wear like a nine nine and a half in men's, You wear what a nine nine and a half in men's.
Speaker 3: The reason that cabins I have the best is because a cabin also has the tranquility, all right, the tranquility of nature that you don't get at a beach house because there's too many beach houses and you got people. Even if you had a private beach, which is rare to get a private beach, it'll sharing that private beach with a bunch of other people unless you have millions.
Speaker 2: That private beach is not that private.
Speaker 1: Neither is the fucking forest.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, but as far as people wanting to go, people being up in your business, coming close to your cabin, that's that's much rare. You can have a cabin in the mountains and it be the only cabin for a couple miles. A beach house, there's no.
Speaker 1: There's beach houses where there's not another house for a couple miles.
Speaker 2: All right, I mean, good luck with that level of money. Just I think that my fig is much more accessible.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's see. Hold on, we got the information one hundred and eighty three bear attacks in North America between two thy to twenty fifteen, and there are over forty bear attacks around the world every year.
Speaker 2: Oh oh, I see, I see.
Speaker 1: So how many people died from getting attacked by a shark last year, and then how many people died from getting attacked by a bear?
Speaker 3: Okay, the the deaths of both will be much lower because some people get slapped by a bear and then they run and if the bear doesn't chase them, they live.
Speaker 1: Because I saw this video of this lady. She was just like hiking and then this bear came up and just started like tapping her on her legs and just like sniffing her and shit, I think they know we're afraid of them.
Speaker 2: Mm hmmm.
Speaker 1: So then they're just like, hey, yeah it also, I'm gonna go cook with these people right back, like they can shoot you. Is like now they jogging, they jogging. I'm gonna be out right. I'm gonna be out right. They jogging'nna be out right. And then they just go through smacking white women in the legs and then they're standing really still and they're like all right, and then they start because like this video, like he was tapping her on the legs, he was licking her on the legs, and then then you started sniffing the other lady and then he just walked away.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I mean I think the scream the screaming also lets us know that, uh, lets bears know where afraid.
Speaker 1: Well, I get well, sharks so they can hear scream when you're underwater.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah, it would be wild if a shark caught a scream bubble at his ear.
Speaker 1: Is that a real thing that happens or is that just some cartoon shit?
Speaker 2: I don't I don't know exactly. Okay, this is gonna sound fair.
Speaker 1: As a kid. I tried, we all tried it as a kid in a swimming pool and you went underwater and tried to scream and nothing happened.
Speaker 3: I feel like, okay, this is this could be completely wrong. So I'm letting you know right now. I'm not saying I'm right about this. I feel like what happens is when you scream underwater, the sound waves come out of your mouth like they would if you were above water, right, but the air bubbles aren't full of the sound waves. So it's kind of like how we can how dolphins taught us sonar is because they're making those noises and the sound still goes through the water. The sound waves still travels through the water, but it's not in the in the air bubble that came out of your mouth. So so they probably could hear us if they were close enough, and if they could like hear well, but they're never gonna hear us like that because that's not how like I would love if you could scream into a bubble underwater and a shark bites it and their mouth is just full of screams amazing.
Speaker 2: That'd be incredible. I just don't know if it's the case.
Speaker 1: I just like that shark just some human screams in its mouth.
Speaker 2: I can't imagine screams taste good.
Speaker 1: You know, it's not even how they taste, it's probably how they feel.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm. Just a little rumbling.
Speaker 1: It was like, that's not it feels like I didn't ask. I'm just trying to eat something. All I felt was that, And now.
Speaker 2: I gotta kill one of y'all.
Speaker 1: I have to Why would you do this to me? I'm a good shark. I'm out here just swimming and shit. When you get offered to go on like a trip with somebody, mm hmm. Like if somebody goes, hey, let's go on a trip, where would you want them to ask you to be going? Like would you be more excited to be going on a cabin trip or on a beach trip?
Speaker 3: I think it would be cabin trip for me because I know that with a cabin we're getting we're getting way less personal. You know, I'm not I'm not. I'm not going in and out of the of the the house that we're renting while people are trying to change into bathing suits and stuff like that. I'm I'm over here, just like you know, I'm gonna read over here. Maybe y'all want to read over there.
Speaker 2: Maybe we play some board games, maybe we watch a movie together as a makeshift family. All right, we just take a walk. We take a nice snowy walk. We enjoy the silence, the sound.
Speaker 1: So you're saying that for a cabin to be enjoyable for you, it has to be winter time because you keep talking about cold shit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I think you know what I will say though, the one edge, and maybe you're into the spring as well. But the one edge I give cabins over beach houses in the regard of season is that a fall cabin is just as amazing as a winter cabin, just in different ways because you're watching the leaves change and it's like not as cold, so you get a different type of like hike or different type of wildlife around you, Like you're still seeing the squirrels and stuff.
Speaker 2: It's just a nice breezy season.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: I can concede that the spring at the beach is also probably great because it's not as hot, so it mightn't be better to a certain degree.
Speaker 1: So I can concede that falling a cabin is probably great because again, leaves are changing. You know, we're about to go into the hypernazione. So that makes sense, and like winter in a cabin and so and then you know, because the thing is like when you're in the mountains and it's like summertime with all the leaves, you really can't see the forest for the trees because all of the leaves, you can't really see anything.
Speaker 3: It was your it was your point, but you still said it like you didn't want to say it.
Speaker 2: You were like, good, so the leaves or trees, I.
Speaker 1: Mean it was it was a cliche thing, but like.
Speaker 2: You said it, like I had said it nine times already, Like.
Speaker 1: It's like, oh, this stupid point, I gotta make it good. But no, So, like if you're in the like the cabin and summertime and all these trees get you know because they are you know, deciduous and not evergreen. You know, they got all their leaves and stuff just being green and stuff, and you know you can't see the other mountain because all the trees and shit in the wintertime, all the leaves are gone.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: Oh, there was this guy that had started dating you know, the mechanic years ago, and uh, we went on one date and then he wanted to take me up to like this mountain times like this time shrap in the mountains, like for a date, like it's been a weekend with him, and I had to be like twenty two, twenty three mm hm. So of course my answer was like I want to die on my own time, but like I sometimes regret not going, but I also know I didn't know him well enough to enjoy a weekend in last month in a cabin in the second date.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you can't really beat yourself up for that one. That's that's just part of life where you were being cautious, and it's one of those things as well where like I look back at that time, even in the pandemic, I'm like, man, I should have just bet it all on real estate and then and then i'd be I'd be in a different tax bracket right now, you know, but we don't know what we don't know.
Speaker 1: We don't know, we don't know. And plus my mom was like, no, just met this man, what are you gonna die in your own time? I was like yes, and he was like, I'm not gonna murder you, and I was like that's what murderers say.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But to be fair, it's also what people who don't murder say. So it's like, there's really your real estate between a hard placed to bottle to murder.
Speaker 1: Tomorrow. But no, it's fine. He's not my husband. I don't know who is. But wasn't that guy. So I can say that I've never understood when you go to cabins in the woods, why those people don't have curtains.
Speaker 2: Oh that okay, to be fair, ay the I will give you that. I've stayed at cabins and I was like, there should be some give me the choice of looking outside, Like, don't give everyone the choice of looking in.
Speaker 3: Right, I'm not gonna lie if I keep going to cabins, I'm gonna start bringing my own curtains.
Speaker 2: I am. I can't do it again.
Speaker 3: The last cabin that stayed at it had it didn't have any curtains, And I was like, so whoever rolls up to the house and don't get me wrong far out so it's not like but crazy, but still, you know, should have brought my own curtains, brought.
Speaker 1: My own brought extra sheets and just thrown them up. That the windows are so big and they're so high and there's never a ladder, so I'm like, I don't needed to go all the way down. I just needed to go above my head. It is the wildest thing. But you know what, always has curtains? What beach house, baby boy always has curtains, always has curtains, might even have shutters. You're not seen in that house all day. Also, you get them doors, right, kick a cool breeze through that whole. It's a nice time, okay, just being able to be at the beach and then ooh, let me go up here, get a little drink and drink, get a little bevarage, right, because should we tell the people? You know what, let's tell the people. So I have put together.
Speaker 2: Wow? Yeah, wow, what a what a wow. I didn't think you were capable. I did not think.
Speaker 1: Always expected expected, baby, So listen, listen, I think, hold on, hold on. I think we can figure this out. We're two people who are doing well. Okay, we got the words of my mom, we got good jobs, multiple revenue streams. Okay, so what if we find a way to practically figure to practically figure this out? Yeah, so it's we go on a beach trip, and now we have to go on a cabin trip.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, because I haven't been.
Speaker 1: On enough cabin trips to have a.
Speaker 2: Good reference point four.
Speaker 1: Right, and multiple ways to show you that you're incorrect. So like I need, but you have to show me ways that I'm like. You don't agree. Like you're going cabins, you're going hard for a house made entirely of hood in the mountains, right, I'm going for home beachside manor right? How do we test these things?
Speaker 2: I mean, go on a trip.
Speaker 1: Maybe we gotta do a trip.
Speaker 2: I'm with you, I'm with you.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying I think that there's going to come a point where the people listening have to ask themselves.
Speaker 2: We have to ask ourselves. Do you go for like a fun and loose summer or spring or super cozy fall or winter? And I think that you can.
Speaker 1: Beat But the thing is, it's curling up with the book, sitting up, chilling in the cut.
Speaker 2: You can forget the board games. Don't forget the board games.
Speaker 1: You can do board games at the beach. You can do card games at the beach. You can have like outside you could do cornhole. You you know you can't toss horseshoes. You do all these things. You can outdoor game at.
Speaker 2: Baby you can.
Speaker 3: It's a different energy though it's a different it's a it's a totally different energy to everything that you do, whether you go to a beach house or you go to a cabin, because you know when you go when you go to a beach house, you'll even see it.
Speaker 2: Spring Break is a great example. You get the beach houses, a nobody's.
Speaker 3: Really trying to cozy, you know, everybody's trying to smash. That's just that's just life. You know, that's a real thing. That's that's what.
Speaker 1: That's if you're going to like if you're going to like a beach house with your friends, mm hmm, or you're going to a cabin with your friends. It's like we have like resorts and stuff like, there's not really like a lot of winter resorts unless you're going skiing. And guess what happens at winter resorts people trying to smash.
Speaker 2: Sure, sure, I.
Speaker 1: Think a resort situation is just people trying to.
Speaker 2: Smash a resort situation. That's true.
Speaker 3: I just feel like the the potential smash at a winter resort is a little bit more cuffing. I think it's a I think it's slightly more this is gonna be the person for the trip as opposed to like the beach is just like ah, you know.
Speaker 1: It depends because if you're at a resort and you're there for a certain number of days, you hook It's like it's like camp. If we hooked up, we go to If this is a two week camp, we're together for two weeks. After three month camp, it's a different situation.
Speaker 2: Well, look, I think this is a perfect time to kick it to you, the listener.
Speaker 1: You know, the lessener.
Speaker 2: Have we made our points or any points at all?
Speaker 1: Great question? Great question? What the fuck have we been talking about for the past what forty five minutes?
Speaker 2: At least at.
Speaker 1: Least did we help you figure these things out?
Speaker 2: Where do you stand?
Speaker 1: Where do you stand? Or did we do what we always do and just tell you stuff so you know, tell us what you think. Is it beach, is it cabin? Or are you like? I don't like either one. I just want to go to a lake.
Speaker 3: Yeah lake, I didn't even think about that. I mean, yeah, to me, it's just dirty water. It's been around too long, right, at.
Speaker 1: Least the ocean moves, This is new water every time in an ocean.
Speaker 3: We just want to say thank you so much for rocking with us, being great listeners, always hitting us with topics and ideas and everything. You can check out Hold up wherever you listen to podcasts. You know that because you're listening right now. But you could also tell a friend, Tell a friend and see what they think. Maybe they agree with me, maybe they agree with DULs say. Maybe you can have your own arguments at home. It's like a board game, but we're talking, yeah, and.
Speaker 1: We're we need to come out with the hold up board game or app or any other ways to talk to people about things that make us go hey, hold up, and please, please please, if you have topics for us to talk about, we're gonna try our best to talk about it or we might get confused that time my grab legs get cause what an attack on the black community.
Speaker 3: I mean yea truly yeah, Like it's starting to feel personal.
Speaker 1: It's feeling very personal because I am somebody who's been in a crab boy place before. You know, we cat cat cat, we get it in. Baby, you've never seen Josh Johnson break down a crawfish burruh. The young man is from Louisiana. Don't sleep on Josh Johnson. Me and Josh are going to the beach. Baby, I'm taking to the beach. I'm gonna put this together. We are gonna figure this out. Should we do or hold up? After? Should there be a part three? Should there be a part three? Were listed? We went summer, we went winter, and now we're at the beach in the winter. Look at God, won't he do it? Look at geography? Just work it. I'm taking Josh to the beach, and then Josh's gonna take me to the Montanius to the cab on because I won't to see if this man is right. I'm gonna be under all the blankets, Okay, I'm gonna be drinking two cups of tea at the same time. All right, I'm gonna have a real book and a kindle and try to see if I can beat myself catching up with.
Speaker 2: My reading fair enough.
Speaker 1: I'm just probably gonna just challenged Josh to Uno games and bother him all day.
Speaker 2: You can lose anywhere, Okay.
Speaker 1: Whoa, You have never beat me at Uno ever.
Speaker 2: Y'all, thank you so much for listening to hold up. You'll have the great rest of the.
Speaker 3: Week into the weekend and we appreciate you, we'd love you and be safe.
Speaker 1: God bless, God bless, and you have never beat me. At Uno put my name of the streets like this. Fuck is wrong with you. Explore more shows from the Daily Show podcast universe by searching The Daily Show wherever you get your podcasts. Watch The Daily Show week nights at eleven ten Central on Comedy Central, and stream full episodes anytime on Fairmount Plus.
Speaker 2: This has been a Comedy Central podcast.