Speaker 1: Per Media podcast. Welcome to Meet Eater Trivia, the only game show where conservation always wins. I'm your host, Spencer new Arth, and today we're joined by Brody Henderson, Seth Morris, Randall, Williams Chester, Floyd, Marge Smith, Corry Culkins, Logan Dove, and Colin Fopma. This is a ten round quiz show with questions for meat eaters four verticals which are hunting, fishing, conservation and cooking, and there is a prize. Meat Eater will donate five hundred dollars to the conservation organization of the winners, choosing for the stat of the week. This week, we're looking at listener performance by tracking over three hundred responses to polls on the mediater reddit page. Here's what I've learned about the audience's trivia prowess. Brody, do you have any predictions for what our audience averages for points per game in trivia?
Speaker 2: Six six?
Speaker 1: With any other guesses in the room. Now, these are folks who responded.
Speaker 3: Is there self reported?
Speaker 1: Self reported?
Speaker 3: That's right, they probably would have counted Swan, I like six six.
Speaker 1: Okay, here's our listeners average five point three nine points per game. Those are good guesses, which is nearly identical to Ryan Callahan. About seven percent of the audience reported that they've scored nine or ten points in one of the last five games. Seven percent is also how many listeners reported that they've scored one or two points in the last five games. The largest grouping were listeners who said they scored five or six points in a game, which was thirty seven percent of the audience. So we pretty smart audience.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean you come here and get six, right, that's right in it.
Speaker 2: Here's the dumb ones aren't going to report?
Speaker 1: I think yeah, or or you know they maybe instead of two they got a four, like like ran rounded up? Yeah, yeah, get a half point here?
Speaker 3: Half more elastic?
Speaker 4: H if you're counting those swan answers.
Speaker 1: Now here's our zero percenter question of the week, which tests how much knowledge players have retained from previous games. This question was from episode three eighty eight. The topic was conservation, and nobody got it right. This invasive plant, which is a climbing perennial, has been nicknamed the vine that ate the South. What do you guess anybody know this? Man?
Speaker 2: I was in this one and don't even remember hmmm.
Speaker 1: Still a tough question. We don't even have anything it right. Nobody got it right. Yanni said it. He knew it after he heard kudzu.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 1: The correct answer is kudzu. The incorrect answers given were napweed, ivy red vine, buck thorn, loop, looping loop in wild grape, and creeping myrtle. Kudzu. Won't forget that again. We have some house community to get to. In a previous game of trivia, we had a question about what white bird is featured on the federal duck stamp that expires in twenty twenty four. The correct answer was tundras swan. This cost some drama because Randall answered swan.
Speaker 5: Drama Randall, which.
Speaker 1: I didn't give him credit for. Now, I felt bad.
Speaker 3: I don't remember this at all.
Speaker 1: I felt bad about how this unfolded, Randal. So I'm going to give you a chance to redeem yourself. Here's what we're going to do. Phil is going to show you four pictures of swans, and everything you need to identify them is in each picture. If you can pick out which one is the tundra swan, then I'll give you a point, and you and Brody will be going to a tiebreaker to settle that game. But if you get it wrong then nothing changes.
Speaker 3: This is very uncomfortable, and Brody remains the winner.
Speaker 1: Randall, do you agree to these terms? You feel okay about this?
Speaker 5: Sure?
Speaker 3: I'm identifying the swans on the screen using.
Speaker 1: You need to find the Tundra swan.
Speaker 4: Find the I'm lodging my protest.
Speaker 1: I'm not even gonna check in with Brody. He can sit over here and grumpy if he wants to. But this is how we're going to decide it. God, I will pull up the photo. You need to tell me? Is it a B, C or D? Who is the Tundras swan? What are you seeing? Randall?
Speaker 3: Well, swan's a swan? I think I'm I think I made that clear last time I go torn between B and D.
Speaker 1: Does anybody think they know? Looking at these four pictures, I.
Speaker 3: Think you're just trying to fool me.
Speaker 2: I think it's all the above, Oh God, or none of the above.
Speaker 1: Maybe who's the Tundras swan?
Speaker 3: Spencer usually doesn't trick you, So that's what I'm gonna go.
Speaker 1: If you want to see what Randall is seeing? Phil has this up? You can see it on our YouTube channel. Randal, what is your answer, A, B, C or D.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna go with A. A.
Speaker 1: Mhm is incorrect? Shit, do you have another guess?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 1: What are you even going?
Speaker 3: My actual answer was going to be D, and then I talked myself out of it at the last minute because I thought that I was just How about D?
Speaker 1: D is also incorrect?
Speaker 3: How about B?
Speaker 1: Here's the deal, Randall, they are all trumpeter swans. None of them are a toun dress.
Speaker 5: This is all set up.
Speaker 3: You've humiliated me too.
Speaker 1: And that is why, Randal, we are not going to give you a point for just writing.
Speaker 2: Down swan brutal.
Speaker 1: Wow, every one of those swans is a trumpeter swan.
Speaker 5: I was miliating right there with you.
Speaker 3: I didn't even think we played those kinds of games around here.
Speaker 5: I had nothing to do with that.
Speaker 3: Now, why couldn't we have done this after the round of trivia? Now I'm all in my head.
Speaker 1: I'll help you out, though, Randall, Trumpeters and tundras look almost identical. Some way is to tell them apart, or that trumpeters get bigger than tundras. Tundras often have yellow markings below the eye trumpeters often have lipstick markings on their bills, and the tundrius call is much more high pitched than the deep voice of a trumpeter.
Speaker 3: So you're telling me it's very hard to distinguish trumpeter and tundras swans.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you, if you knew the difference, you would have known that none of those are a tundra swans.
Speaker 3: Fair enough, fair enough.
Speaker 1: For today's round is a five, So I'm officially putting us on perfect score alert. With that, we're onto the game of trivia. Play the drop, Phil, Look, I need to know what I stand and wind everything. How's that just tend to win everything? Demon suckers. Now you trumped me Randall and said none of those are a hundred so one. I would have been in a real pickle. I wouldn't have had an answer for that. I wouldn't have Well, okay, well, I guess that you and Brody are going to a tiebreaker.
Speaker 3: Well you laid a perfect traffic worked well.
Speaker 1: Question one. The topic is conservation. This will be multiple choice and this is our listener Question of the Week, which was won by Alex Sutherland for sending this great question. Alex is going to get a book signed by Steve. What is the only land mammal that's native to Hawaii? Is it a deer, a bat, a squirrel, or a monkey?
Speaker 2: Sorry?
Speaker 6: I forgot to put the multiple choices up there.
Speaker 1: What is the only land mammal that's native to Hawaii? Your four choices are deer, bat, squirrel, or monkey? A confidence, Seth. Seth, you've probably been in Hawaii the most recent out of anybody in this room. Do you think you know it? You just have a guess.
Speaker 2: Oh, I just guess, But I don't know if I guess makes sense?
Speaker 1: Again? The only land mammal native to Hawaii? Dear bat, squirrel, monkey?
Speaker 2: I don't think there was. I honestly thought there was like nothing native to that island or those islands.
Speaker 1: It's everybody ready, marge? Are you ready? Go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Seth saying bat, March saying bat, and she drew a great bat. Chester and Randall and Cory and Colin all saying bat, Logan saying squirrel. Brody's saying bat. The correct answer is bat. The room did very well. Wait land considered a land mammal, There's not a trick. Every land mammal in Hawaii has been introduced by humans, except for the Hawaiian hordy bat. It's believed that the bat arrived in Hawaii about ten thousand years ago, migrating there from the mainland. In North America, the species is considered endangered, with the greatest threat it's being habitat loss and decreased insect populations due to their use of pesticides.
Speaker 6: I'm sorry to embarrass everyone, but can you raise your hand if you did not say that more efficient?
Speaker 1: Logan did not say that?
Speaker 2: Okay, off, but I wrote and then I was like, it's not a land mammal.
Speaker 1: Question two, the topic is fishing. What river has the most white sturgeon in North America?
Speaker 2: Hmmm?
Speaker 1: What river has the most white sturgeon in North America? A torn room, no quick answers. But now a few folks I think they may have found it in their brain somewhere Chester. Do you have this one right?
Speaker 5: I believe?
Speaker 3: So?
Speaker 1: Okay, Seth, you think you have this one right?
Speaker 2: Hm?
Speaker 1: No, okaybe but what river has the most white sturgeon in North America?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 1: North America, whole continent?
Speaker 2: Did you put a South America river down Okay.
Speaker 1: What river has the most white sturgeon in North America? Randall, do you have this one right?
Speaker 3: I don't have this one period?
Speaker 1: Oh okay, I'm still thinking.
Speaker 3: Don't think I'm gonna get it right.
Speaker 1: I've got two in my head.
Speaker 5: In one of them.
Speaker 1: Right back to the bats that migrated to Hawaii. They said they made two different migrations ten thousand years ago, and then about nine hundred years ago they showed up again, all on their own.
Speaker 4: Why don't you give a this little extra info on white sturgeon?
Speaker 2: Not gonna help you there, Chat while you put the second answer you have down and then cross it out.
Speaker 1: Sure, little treat for the YouTube body, Ince Chester, you can see what else you were thinking. Is everybody ready?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: What river has the most white sturgeon in North America?
Speaker 2: This is a fiction, not a bird. I don't want the white to throw you off.
Speaker 3: Appreciate that. I appreciate that.
Speaker 1: Corey, do you have this one right?
Speaker 3: I know I have.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I don't think so it's.
Speaker 1: Maybe a zero percenter. The confidence of the room is giving me. Broady writing something down, Randal, do you have an answer?
Speaker 3: Don't like it? Don't like it? Spencer, don't think I'm in the right country, But.
Speaker 1: Is everybody ready?
Speaker 7: Man?
Speaker 5: How big are white sturgeon?
Speaker 1: Not gonna help you out at all?
Speaker 2: Are those? The big ones? Are the little ones.
Speaker 1: You can But we're running out of time. Rand's also changing.
Speaker 2: Do you have an official time?
Speaker 1: We don't have We don't have an official time. Sometimes I'll re listen to an episode and be like, we had too much time there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is gonna be one of those.
Speaker 1: This might be one of those questions.
Speaker 5: Is everybody ready?
Speaker 1: Ahead, go ahead and reveal your answers. We have set saying Colombia. March saying Mississippi. Yes, you're saying Colombia. What did you cross out there? Chestare Randalls saying Columbia, Corey saying Columbia, Colin saying Missouri, Logan saying Mississippi, Brody saying Mississippi. We have a correct answer in the room. It's the Columbia River, damit.
Speaker 5: I have raised Columbia.
Speaker 1: Well, it's estimated that the lower Columbia River alone has about one hundred and ten thousand white sturgeon. That's more than double the population of second on the list, which would be the Fraser River with a population of fifty thousand. Although some legends say the fish can reach two thousand pounds, the world record is just over eleven hundred pounds. It was caught by former NHL goalie Kevin Estrada in twenty twelve on the Fraser River. Where's the Fraser Can't see there? You go?
Speaker 7: I think that's what I was trying to think of for my second one, but I think the skeena might be up there too.
Speaker 1: Made the right choice.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they've that one just got certified.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think even in the IGFA record books the world records like four hundred pounds, but it was obviously well and that was kept a long time ago. Question three. The topic is biology. Encyclopedia Britannica defines this as quote very small people who live in Africa or a type of plant or animal that is smaller than usual size. Encyclopedia Britannica has two definitions for this word. Defines it as very small people who live in Africa or a type of plant or animal that is smaller than the usual size. Confidence Seth and Randal Randall, you have this one right, Yes.
Speaker 3: I'm thinking of one such animal right now. Okay, so it is in the past year or two.
Speaker 1: Well, that's a hint. Enjoyed it, Brody? Do you have this one right? Spelling? Spelling does not matter.
Speaker 4: I'm leaning towards the confident side.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Encyclopedia Britannica defines this as very small people who live in Africa or a type of plant or animal that is smaller than the usual size of Floyd.
Speaker 2: I don't get that one, Chester Floyd.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's good, small people. Is everybody ready? No logan confidence over here? He's throwing his hair around. You got this one right?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm pretty sure. I think I've seen that documentary.
Speaker 1: Oh, okay, more hints for the room, but it hasn't helped Colin or Corey.
Speaker 2: He has us no different than saying that dictionary says this.
Speaker 1: The time. I'm giving you all the hints you need, Colin and Corey. I think we're waiting on you boys. I feel like I have about two more minutes after the last question, So hold on. The room did pretty well there? What What was the hang up Brody on the last question? Was it not knowing what the white surgeon?
Speaker 4: Well, there's so many damn different kinds of sturgeon. I wasn't sure if those were the great big ones on the west coast or not.
Speaker 1: All right, is everybody ready? Marge, go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Seth and Marge and Chester and Randall saying pigmy, Corey saying dwarf, Colin saying micro Logan saying pigmy, Brody saying dwarf. The dwarf the correct The correct answer is pigmy p y g m y.
Speaker 2: Oh, Marge, you got it. I did not spell.
Speaker 1: The animals with a pigmy variety include cormorants, rabbits, elephants, hippos, lemurs, raccoons, owls, and more. The average height of an adult man from the African pigmies is four feet eleven inches. It's estimated that there are about five hundred thousand pygmy people who live in the Congo. Question four, the topic is cooking. Randall, what was the pygmy animal that you saw that delighted you? Had to be a hippopy?
Speaker 2: It was?
Speaker 3: It was a pygmy hippopotamus at the San Francisco Zoo.
Speaker 1: Very satisfying. Look like you could take.
Speaker 5: It home as a dwarf.
Speaker 3: It was so funny.
Speaker 1: Question four, The topic is cooking. This next great question comes to us via Avery Hartfixon. If you have a question you think is right for Meat Eat to trivia, you can send it to trivia at the meat eater dot com. It's believed that the Space Needle Restaurant created this type of meal in nineteen sixty two when they combined beef with crab. And the topic is cooking. It's believed that the Space Needle Restaurant created this type of meal in nineteen sixty two when they combined beef with crab.
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 5: First time it ever happened.
Speaker 1: Yeah, given out hints, we have a pretty confident room spencer.
Speaker 2: Did you go up the Space Needle when you were in Seattle recently?
Speaker 1: I did not know, walked by. It is enough for me. I went up to the top of the was the Empire State Building in Chicago's.
Speaker 2: Or Building, which is Willis Tower.
Speaker 3: Willis Tower, I hate it.
Speaker 1: Sears Tower was very disappointing. It was foggy that day, and I was like, I don't think I need to do that thing ever again. So I did not go to the top of the space What were you doing in Seattle? Went to Taylor Swift.
Speaker 7: Oh, you guys had good seats for that.
Speaker 1: It was very fun.
Speaker 2: Chester.
Speaker 4: You know what, I was gonna tell you something about her, what he got.
Speaker 5: She's tangled up with a with animal rights and pete.
Speaker 4: He shouldn't go see your concerts anymore.
Speaker 1: You know what I think if we followed those rules every time, we wouldn't have phones, wouldn't have computers, would.
Speaker 2: Leasure Swift?
Speaker 1: I haven't seen the picture, but I've heard you met her a couple of Pennsylvania folks. I'll have to show it up do so everybody have an answer, Maggie, are you ready? Go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Seth saying surf and turf, Marge saying surf and turf, Chester saying s Cargo Randall saying surf and turf. The rest of the room said surf and turf. They got it right. The correct answer with surf and turf.
Speaker 2: Not too long ago.
Speaker 1: For all Australian listeners, it is reef and beef.
Speaker 3: Oh I like that.
Speaker 1: It's believed that the first surf and turf pairing was a Filet Mignon and Alaskan King crab legs. The combo caught caught on in Australia not long after, which they referred to as reef and beef. Some restaurant experiments with this term have led to things like the surf and turf, which is a beef burger that's topped with shrimp, lobster or crab.
Speaker 3: But they don't call it a reef and beef at Outback Steakhouse, do they. That's an Australian restaurant.
Speaker 1: Yeah, as much as Texas Roadhouse is.
Speaker 4: A Texas Back in my guiding days, we used to go to the out Back.
Speaker 5: When they had those two for one drink.
Speaker 4: Specials Margarita's Cranberry vodka.
Speaker 3: One time I had I had a two for one drink special at an outback and they asked me if I wanted another one, and they brought out both of them while I was still on my second beer. I just thought, this must be Australia. Seems very nice.
Speaker 1: Figured out question five. The topic is public lands. This National Park in Virginia is the closest national park to Washington, d C. Again, the topic is public lands. This National Park in Virginia is the closest national park to Washington, d C.
Speaker 3: Oh Boy, spelling.
Speaker 1: Shit, spelling does not matter. A confident Randall and Brody Seth has an answer.
Speaker 5: I've been confident on a couple today.
Speaker 1: I had none any good chess. Are you going to get this one right?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I feel like an idiot.
Speaker 1: Randal, have you been to this place?
Speaker 3: Well, if it's what I'm thinking of, okay, I probably have been there in the deep dark recesses of my past that I don't remember as a young child.
Speaker 1: This National Park in Virginia is the closest national park to Washington, d C. Corey without an answer, Corey, do you know any national parks in that side of the continent? No? Ok, I spent way more time in these national parks on this end of the UT is everybody who's going to come up with an answer, have an answer. Colin Logan, we count you out, Marche, Are you ready go ahead and reveal your answers. We have set saying Shannandoah, Marge saying Theodore Roosevelt, Chester saying Virginia Beach, Randall saying Shnandoah. Cory and Colin and Logan without an answer. Brody's saying Shannandoah. He got it the correct answer is the Shnandoah National Park. Shenandoah National Park is located about seventy miles straight west of the White House. Teddy Roosevelt supported making this area a national park in nineteen oh one, but it wasn't formally established as one until nineteen thirty five. The park is best known for the Skyline Drive, which is a one hundred and five mile road that follows the Blue Ridge Mountains for the entire length of the park. Phil, we're halfway through the game of trivia. Give us a scoreboard update.
Speaker 6: Sure thing. We've got Logan and Colin with two points apiece. Maggie, Corey, Chester and Brody all have three points and tied up in first place. Both with a perfect game are Randall and Seth.
Speaker 1: Wow. Oh very fun. Randal didn't want to same when we came in the room.
Speaker 3: I'm glad that that was a That was a good choice.
Speaker 2: That was a good choice.
Speaker 1: Question six. The topic is conservation. This medication, which Donald Trump said cured his COVID nineteen, can also be used to kill ticks that live on moose. This medication, which Donald Trump said cured his COVID nineteen, can also be used to kill ticks that live on moose. Randal seems to think he has this one right, going to keep the perfect game going. Rest the room not quite as confident, Seth, do you have this one right? Maybe this medication which Donald Trump said cured his COVID nineteen can also be used to kill ticks that live on moose?
Speaker 2: Did anyone else say that they cured their COVID nineteen?
Speaker 1: We could talk about it after, if you would like. Brody, do you have this one right?
Speaker 5: Pretty sure?
Speaker 1: I do.
Speaker 7: I've heard I've heard it talked about a multiple different platforms.
Speaker 2: But I cannot remember the name.
Speaker 1: We have Randall, who's getting nervous.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've got two in mind.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 3: Did he specifically attributed.
Speaker 1: This to one per secty word cure?
Speaker 5: M He did not use the word moose.
Speaker 3: No, I'm gonna.
Speaker 5: I mean thinks.
Speaker 2: Hmmm.
Speaker 1: It's everybody ready, Randall, I just changed my answer. I might regret it, but everybody ready, go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Seth saying ivermectin, Marge saying chloroform. Chester's saying promethrin. Randall is saying, what does that say? Randal? This hydroxychloroquin Cordy saying bleach colin without an answer, you.
Speaker 5: Don't feel good.
Speaker 1: Spencer is saying hydroxy chloroquin. Brody's saying ivermectin. The correct answer is ivermexin. Seth keeps the perfect game going. Ticks are the top cause of death for moose that are less than a year old than New England. Some estimates say that between seventy and ninety percent of the region's moose calves are killed by ticks each year. Biologists have considered using ivermectin to treat herds, but say it's almost impossible to get moose to eat the right dose on a frequent enough basis to have any kind of an impact. Randal, did you have ivermectin?
Speaker 3: I had it. Then I erased it and I wrote hydroxychloroquin, and then I wrote ivermectin at the bottom and crossed it out to suggest that I had in fact.
Speaker 5: Been Randal, did you take I did not.
Speaker 3: I did not, But I need something because now I feel absolutely sick to my stomach.
Speaker 1: You asked Seth if other folks have used it. I saw it's been. It's been used quite a bit, but I don't think whether it's the FDC or the CDC. They haven't approved it for like widespread use yet, so I don't know how popular it is anymore. Question seven the topic is navigation. This next great question comes to us via Stephen Ridnella. If you have a question you think is right for meat Eatter Trivia, you can send it to Trivia at the medeater dot com. The official Prime Meridian, which separates the hemispheres and establishes time zones, is located in this country. The official Prime Meridian, which separates the hemispheres and establishes time zones, is located in this country. Randall and Chester each have answers. Chester, do you have this one right? Probably not Randall. How about you, yes and you know it or you're guessing?
Speaker 3: Well, I think this question is worded. I have some questions about the question.
Speaker 1: And you'll have to take it up with Steve because he wanted to be involved in the wording of the question and this is what he agreed on.
Speaker 3: Hmmm.
Speaker 1: This, the official prime Meridian, which separates the hemispheres and establishes time zones, is located in this country. Brody, do you have this one right?
Speaker 5: I haven't even written anything now Okay.
Speaker 1: Either is Seth who has the perfect game going through six questions.
Speaker 2: Wow, I'm screwed now, Spencer, Well, you.
Speaker 1: Could still just write down a country in the game.
Speaker 3: I still feel physically upset.
Speaker 1: The topic was navigation. It's everybody ready on the line for Seth. Marge, you ready go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Seth saying Patagonia, Marge saying Panama, Chester saying Russia, Randall is saying England, Corey saying Indonesia, Colin saying Australia, Logan saying Ecuador, Brody saying Greenland. We have a correct answer in the room. It's England. Randall got it right. Steve texts me that this would be a great trivia question, to which I responded, I don't think one is going to get it right, and I think you and Brody would complain about its connection to meat eater. And then Steve said, it's latitude and longitude. It's the basis of geography and navigation and GPS. I would have gotten it. I guarantee Randall and Brody would get it. I then told Steve that I think it would be a zero percent.
Speaker 4: I was going to say Ireland. But like the whole dividing hemispheres thing is what threw me.
Speaker 3: Well, it's a specific point. It's a it's a town.
Speaker 5: Isn't the way that's which?
Speaker 3: Greenwich?
Speaker 5: The way that's word.
Speaker 4: It makes it sound like half of England is in the Western Hemisphere and half of England.
Speaker 1: Is in Well it probably is then Yeah, that's right, okay, would yeah again, you can take it up with Steve. I didn't love this question.
Speaker 3: My other either nation versus country that was the forgot about that another question I had about the question.
Speaker 2: But I'd like to move on.
Speaker 3: I feel pretty about this question. Thanks everybody.
Speaker 1: Question at the topic is foraging. This is a visual question where Phil is going to show the room a picture. If you want to see what the room is seeing, then go watch this episode on meat Eater's YouTube channel. Here's your prompt. You won't find this fruit in grocery stores because of its incredibly short shelf life. This is a visual question. The topic is foraging. You won't find this fruit in grocery stores because of its incredibly short shelf life. A very confident room. Almost everyone except for Colin.
Speaker 5: I'm not confident.
Speaker 1: Brody not confident.
Speaker 5: Having a rough one.
Speaker 1: Seth, you have this one right now?
Speaker 2: I think so? I think I won't say okay.
Speaker 1: Okay, Corey, do you have this one right? No? Does that look familiar at all?
Speaker 2: Unfortunately not.
Speaker 1: Here's how specific you need to be for your answer. If you thought the answer was tundras swan, you could just say swan.
Speaker 4: Hmm what No, he's setting himself up for an argument now, Yeah, well, I just don't.
Speaker 3: Hey, I'm not quite sure how I'd have variations on my answer, although it happens to be a wild ass guest.
Speaker 1: So it doesn't really Again. You can see this photo on meat Eater's YouTube channel. The prompt is you won't find this fruit in grocery stores because of its incredibly short shelf life. Is everybody ready mm hmm? Go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Seth saying mulberry, March saying huckleberry berry, Chess, you're saying elderberry. Randall is saying choke cherry, Corey saying salmon berry, Colin saying berry, Logan saying mulberry, Brody saying elderberry.
Speaker 5: I want to change my answer to berry.
Speaker 1: We have a correct answer in the room. It's a mulberry. Few folks got it right now that this getting specific. There are white mulberries, there are red mulberries. I think there are even black mulberries. Mulberries are native to North America and Asia. Their flavor is described as a cross between a blueberry, BlackBerry, and raspberry. Because they're difficult to harvest and can only be refrigerated for a few days, they rarely show up in grocery stores. If you want to learn how to cook with them, then go to the mediator dot com and check out Jenny Wheatley's recipe for mulberry jam.
Speaker 4: Are those the ones that carp like to eat when they fall in the water?
Speaker 5: I think so.
Speaker 1: I think anything likes to eat them. We used to have one of these in our backyard and they make a mess.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So we had a white carpet in our house at the time, and my mom would get so pissed because I would walk through the mulberries on the ground and then walk on that white carpet and it would stain it.
Speaker 1: A lot of cities have outlawed the planting of mulberries for a lot of reasons. They create a lot of pollen, and they stain everything up. People don't want them overhanging sidewalks. They also attract a lot of things like you know, if carp like them, birds like them, raccoons like them. That is the mulberry phil. We have two questions left. Where does the leaderboard stand?
Speaker 6: Colin, Maggie, Logan, Corey, Chester, and Brody have all been eliminated, but we've got Randall with six points and Seth with seven.
Speaker 1: Wow, this is fun coming for you.
Speaker 2: Randall.
Speaker 1: Question nine. The topic is fishing. This next great question comes to his via Caleb McClain. If you have a question you think is right for Meat Eater Trivia, you can send it to Trivia at the medeater dot com. What is the only great lake that you can't fish with a Canadian license? Topic is fishing? What is the only great lake that you can't fish with a Canadian license? The confidence Seth?
Speaker 2: I wish I had me a map that would help.
Speaker 1: Now that some of you folks who didn't get the last question right heard the answer of mulberry, did you then know it? Like, oh, I know what a mulberry is? Not you, Corey, No, doesn't seem like something we have in Montana. The native red mulberry. It ends at about like southeastern South Dakota, but then it goes all the way to the Atlantic Ocean. So if there are mulberry trees around here, someone brought them here.
Speaker 3: I know people like to fish mulberry flies for carb Oh really mm hmm, okay like that.
Speaker 6: I know that all around some mulberry bushes, monkeys will chase a weasel.
Speaker 1: Huh. I almost wrote this question is like that. For instance, pop goes the weasel this fruit or something like that. But have gotten it? No question, you would have known it. Oh yeah, okay, Big on Nursery runs again. What is the only great lake that you can't fish with a Canadian license? Does everybody have an answer? Go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Seth saying Michigan, Marge saying Heuron, Chester saying Erie, Randall saying Michigan, Corey saying Erie, Colin saying Hereon Logan saying Superior, Brody saying Michigan. The correct answer is Lake Michigan. A few folks got it right. Lake Michigan is the only great lake that's not an international waterway. Superior, Heuron, Ontario, and Erie are all shared between the United States and Canada, though the bed of Lake Michigan is owned by the four states of Wisconsin, Illinois, Indiana, and Michigan. Phil We have one question left. Tell us how Randal and Seth are doing.
Speaker 6: They're still separated by one point because they both got the Lake Michigan answer. We got South with eight and Randall's seven.
Speaker 3: I thought of an interesting fact relating to the question. If you can go about the prime meridian, that's Greenwich meantime. That's so when you look at time zones and g everything is plus or minus GMT. That's that's why more people should should have known that answer.
Speaker 1: When I was talking to Steve, he said, Randall will know what the Greenwich meantime is.
Speaker 3: That's fantastic.
Speaker 5: Did you guys talk about this question.
Speaker 1: Were in a meeting at some point?
Speaker 3: No, I can't think of the last I mean, obviously the name didn't. It didn't come to mind until now. But I just have been turning over Greenwich in my head.
Speaker 1: Question ten.
Speaker 4: Steve should be thinking of questions that everyone else will get right.
Speaker 1: I agree. I agree Question ten. The topic is hunting. What bo brand has models like the Carbon Matrix, Carbon Spider, and Carbon Defiant. The confidence Seth and Randall, which would mean this game is going to end with Seth as the winner. We'll see what they have when we flip over the boards and the question is confident what bow brand has models like the Carbon Matrix, Carbon and Spider and Carbon Defiant. A very confident room all around. It's everybody ready, go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Seth saying hoit, Marge without an answer, Chester saying ho Randall saying hoy, Corey and Colin and Logan and Brody all saying hoy. They got it. The correct answer is Hoight. Hoight Archery was started by Earl Hoight Senior in nineteen thirty one. Since archery returned to the Olympics in nineteen seventy two, Hoy has won the most medals in the hunting community. Hoight is known for their flagship Carbon bows, which they've been building for about fifteen years.
Speaker 2: Seth is our winner with nine correct answers. Well gone, Seth, that's my best trivia ever.
Speaker 1: Just imagine if I didn't have that hard to ask Steve question in there, it could have been a perfect game.
Speaker 2: I know thanks to Seth that dumb question.
Speaker 1: As the winner, you get to choose where the five hundred dollars donation for Meat Eater goes. What's it going to be?
Speaker 2: I'm gonna do turkeys for tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, I don't know that we've given to them before we can together, okay, and then we've done NWTF. I don't know we've done turkeys for What do you like about them?
Speaker 2: I just love turkeys, and they're just another conservation or it's dedicated to the wild turkey that's doing good work.
Speaker 1: So they have a fun logo, got all them dang turkeys on? I think there is there even a chick in the logo?
Speaker 2: No, remember there might be.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well done, seth five hundred dollars going their way. Almost the perfect game, waiting for another one to happen. Join us next time for more Meat Eater Trivia, the only game show where conservation always wins.