Speaker 1: A laught meeting.
Speaker 2: You know it's a laught meeting.
Speaker 1: I feel like I can stop saying it now that these are my favorite things ever to record, because I get to hear from.
Speaker 2: You, guys.
Speaker 1: I get to hear from you guys about what you're thinking, how the show has affected you or impacted you, or got you through breakups or makeups or pregnancies and births and helped with grieving and just needing to laugh and bonding with new roomies and all the things, all the things that.
Speaker 2: I love to hear about.
Speaker 1: I also get all of your you know, conspiratorial thoughts on the show, which I love, love a conspiracy theory.
Speaker 2: All right, here we go.
Speaker 1: We are going to dive right in it, says hey, Hannah and lamourne if you're here a.
Speaker 2: Little shady but both so.
Speaker 1: Hannah, Yeah, well look, it's me so perfect. I could not stop thinking about you while watching x'es, knowing your take on X's and the fact that Ceci's not in this episode too much. I learned to know how you feel about Jess leading on Big Air.
Speaker 2: Quotes her ex.
Speaker 1: Do you think it's possible anyone could be friends with their ex? Asking for a friend who insists her exes over her and it's normal to hang out weekly. Help me convince her to move on, Hannah. Thanks Teona. I feel like lamurn and I have discussed this many a time on this podcast. But what's funny is that I had forgotten about this episode, and so when we did the rewatch and the recap, like so much to say because Lamurna and I both have different points of view. I think you guys all know by now, but I'll say it again for any first time listeners that I do not.
Speaker 2: Stay friends with my exes. Now.
Speaker 1: That does not mean I leave on bad terms. It doesn't mean that I dislike them. It doesn't mean that I have any like bad thoughts about them or what.
Speaker 2: Nothing.
Speaker 1: I just what does he say in the episode? I feel like Nick says it in the episode, like, oh, you two have like seen each other naked and now you guys are like friends, Like this is how it is right in the beginning of the episode, like that was my thing. I just couldn't wrap my head around it. And I also don't love a double standard, right, So yeah, maybe I could be friends with my ex but I don't really know if when I'm dating somebody I want to hang out with their ex girlfriend, right, And then I can't be a hypocrite, can't be like, I'm friends with all of my exes. But you know that girl that you saw like naked a bunch and did a bunch of fun stuff with, let's go to dinner with her.
Speaker 2: So not for me, not for me.
Speaker 1: And so I had to be honest and make sure that I was also doing the same thing and keep in my you know, my ex history clean. All that to say, I know a lot of people who are friends with their exes. They do figure it out, they do make it work.
Speaker 2: So I think it's just like.
Speaker 1: What you're personally comfortable with and then what you want in a partner, and and and they're like, you know, friendship circle and who you're gonna bring into your life. And I think, as long as you're honest, being truthfully honest, then.
Speaker 2: Uh, then it's fine whatever works for you.
Speaker 1: So I can't convince your friend who insists that her ex is over her and they hang out.
Speaker 2: Together not to do it, because if it works for.
Speaker 1: Them and they feel comfortable doing it, then go on with your bad self, you know what I'm saying. But like for me, that would be a nightmare, would not work for me. So Tiana, I agree with you.
Speaker 2: But I can't tell someone else how to live. Can't do it, won't do it?
Speaker 1: All Right on to the next Here we go, Hi, Hannah and Lamarne insanely huge fan but there's a small plot hole that bothers me a lot cap socks. In season three episode three, Double Date, at the end of the episode, Jess confesses to Nick that she's weirdly good at volleyball. But then, in season three episode nineteen, Fired Up, coach makes jes spike a volleyball before she asks to be vice principal, and she's really bad at it and even admits it.
Speaker 2: I think, oh, we haven't recapped that episode yet.
Speaker 1: I've rewatched a New Girl more times than I can count, and every time this bothers me. We'd love to see if you can spin this, so mix and Lol. Well, we haven't recapped Fired Up yet, though we're about to in a week or two, so I'll watch for that. So thanks for flagging it, Ema, C. I'll say this though, haven't you ever like said you're like grade at something and in your head you think you're great at something and then you do it and you're like kind of good at most of it, but like maybe not like great at all of it, you know. So maybe she played volleyball and she was really great at it in middle school, so she's like lived with that kind of like lore in her head of like I'm great at volleyball, and then yeah, get's put to the test and like maybe she was really good at setting or serving, you know, but the spike that wasn't her strong point.
Speaker 2: You know, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, I'm sniffing so much. There's allergies are going crazy right now. My allergies are going crazy.
Speaker 2: That would be my theory. That would be my theory.
Speaker 1: I feel like Jess, probably I was a great middle school volleyball player, and maybe she was just really good at serving, you know, methodical serving, but then put on the spot as an adult to spike a volleyball, who wouldn't flounder?
Speaker 2: Who wouldn't flounder?
Speaker 1: So I stand by just saying she's great at volleyball, maybe not realizing that this is you know, it's kind of like a bicycle. Yeah you don't forget how to ride a bike, but are you riding with the confidence of a five year old down your street. If you pick up the bicycle for the first time in thirty years and you get on, it can be a little wobbly, doesn't mean you don't know how to ride a bike.
Speaker 2: I feel like that was a bit of a stretch.
Speaker 1: Of like a of a metaphor, butite, and you know what I'm saying, all right, moving on. I'm a huge fan of New Girl and have honestly lost track of how many times I've rewatched all the seasons. In the season two Thanksgiving episode where everyone's fighting at the dinner table, I still lose it every time Winston says, when do we start eating Rinson?
Speaker 2: Who was so real for that?
Speaker 1: And it's honestly how any reasonable person would react to that situation. I'm also loving Cap Socks, Love Cap Socks, the podcast, The Dynamic, the don I don't know why I'm laughing. I'm laughing because my mom said this to me all the time.
Speaker 2: She loves the podcast. My mom listens to it every.
Speaker 1: Single week and then she's always like, just the dynamic, my Mom's British between the two of you is brilliant. So I was like, did my mom write this letter anyway. The dynamic between the two of you is golden, which really brightens my day. My sister just recently moved out of state and has been tough for me since she truly is my best friend. Our relationship reminds me a lot of the relationship between Jess and Cecy. So this show has been very comforting during this time. I have a couple of questions. Would love to hear your perspectives. If you could choose any modern day song to be the theme song for New Girl, what would you choose, or specifically, what theme song would you choose for the character you play?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: I also don't recall if you've addressed this on your podcast, My apologies, but if you have, but what does a typical day slash week of filming New Girl look like? You know?
Speaker 2: It's funny.
Speaker 1: I think we've talked a lot about like the work, like like load, I guess on the show many times, but I don't think we've actually broken down what a typical week look like.
Speaker 2: So I'll get to that.
Speaker 1: Is each episode usually filmed in one week. Thank you so much for taking time to share your experiences with those fans. For answering our questions. I'm wishing you both the best. Keep doing what you're doing. Veronica. All right, Veronica. Okay, so you said what modern day song would be the theme song.
Speaker 2: For New Girl.
Speaker 1: That's so hard because, of course, specifically for this show, we had Zoey da Chanel sing our theme song. I don't know how you top that.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'd get Zoe to do another one. I mean, I don't know how you top Zoe singing the theme song.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure. Or you said what would it be for you, like your character that.
Speaker 1: I wish I had a great answer for, Like what CC's theme song would be?
Speaker 2: I don't know. It's so sad, so sad?
Speaker 1: Is the song that just bomped into my head? Oh no?
Speaker 2: Why is this the song that popped into my head? This would not be CC's theme song.
Speaker 1: Okay, I just want to say, I will share my embarrassing thought, but it's not her theme song.
Speaker 2: Ridiculous. I don't know why it's that song. Is this the toy story song? You know that you've got a friend in me?
Speaker 1: That's what just popped into my head, you guys, because I'm like, man, CC's just like a solid good friend. She is a truly great friend and sister like you're expressing to Jess, And I was like, ooh, like you know or the Bruno Mars like count on Me song you can count on Me like, but that would not be your theme song either. Somebody, can somebody recommend like a good song about like being an awesome friend.
Speaker 2: That's not like for kids? Can someone help me with this please?
Speaker 1: Okay, So what does a typical day week of.
Speaker 2: Filming New Girl look like?
Speaker 1: All right, I'll break it down for you. Let's see what I can remember. It was a while ago, right, so let me think so. Yes, one episode was five days, so we'd shoot an episode Monday to Friday. If it was a crazy episode. Sometimes our Fridays that we would call them Friturdays because we'd shoot through the night until Saturday morning. But yes, typically it would start around six am on a Monday. We'd all get in there, go into hair makeup. We'd start shooting on Tuesday. Afternoons during lunch, we would usually go and read the next week's episode, and it was really cool. We'd all get together read it live for the studio and the network. We would read it live and then and for the writers so they could hear it out loud and they would see what works, what doesn't work, what needed to be shifted, whether that was individual lines or jokes or story. So it would be really interesting because they would then go away and work on that writing all week.
Speaker 2: Then the.
Speaker 1: Director of that next week episode would do like location scouting and casting for all the additional supporting roles and all of that stuff, set builds. All of that would happen from Tuesday all the way through till Monday when we would show up to work to shoot the episode, and so we were kind of on that cycle. And what we would read on the table draft like the first version of that draft on the Tuesday, what would actually land in our hands the production draft on Usually we would get this script, I would say Sunday before we would show up to work on Monday, and then changes. It would still even come through the week as you're shooting. You might get new pages the day before the morning of as you're shooting, something could fly in. So I do think that show made as actors really like adaptable and versatile and we could you know, be handed things right as we're like in the middle of something and I would change something on us and we'd be like, no problem, and we would be able to just work it in. And so so many people worked on that show, and I think.
Speaker 2: It was kind of wonderful that way for me. I mean, it's all I knew.
Speaker 1: Was the first big show I've ever done, and not all shows work like that, but I thought it was great, Like it really made sure that you were being the best actor you could be, because you had to really be in your character, really be in your story, and be able to move if the words changed, be able to memorize things very quickly within seconds sometimes, and then be able to perform it.
Speaker 2: And so I loved it.
Speaker 1: I thought it was just the best acting you know school where you got then to practice and be able to to you know, you get multiple takes on things, so you can try different things in different levels. New Girl was wonderful that way, And of course you're surrounded by the best actors, so it was so fun because you would try different things and then that would of course impact their reaction of how it's coming back to you or your reaction of how it goes back to them, and we just kept it really fun.
Speaker 2: You know. It was just like.
Speaker 1: It was a lot of work, but wonderful work, like the work anybody that wants to be an actor could you know, could dream of. So uh yeah, the weeks were always busy, really full life waiting around, right because you might have a you know, one scene on Wednesday or two scenes that say on a Wednesday, but what if it's one in the morning and one in the evening, so you're just like hanging out. You just hang out on the studio lot, and you know, you'd get your friends a drive on and they would come and hang out with you, and it was really nice, like you kind of just like live there. We lived on the Fox lot. It was a really really nice time.
Speaker 2: Loved it.
Speaker 1: I'm glad you guys all like it so much too. That's why we're doing this all right. Next question. The Prince episode was Stratosphere stratisforic when Nick did his high pitched scream a million exclamation points, I've died a thousand deaths laughing at that scene. I also want to say that in these dark times, I keep New Girl on my TV when I fall asleep, so I think the world is a better place. It has helped me so much. Amy see all. Thanks Amy, thank you for saying that. You know it's I remember once going over to like my cousin's house and they had like a little TV in their room and it was the same thing. They put a show on every night to fall asleep too, which that's not how my body's wired to go to sleep, but it was the first time I ever saw that where he was like, oh, no, it just helps me.
Speaker 2: I just doze off to my favorite show and it plays.
Speaker 1: In the background like it doesn't like you up, and he's like, no, that's I fall asleep. And the amount of people like you, Amy that have said that that they put New Girl on and they kind of just like it kind of hums in the background and it makes them feel comforted when they're sleeping.
Speaker 2: It's wonderful. I think that's really really.
Speaker 1: Like sweet to know that our show has that impact on people and they can rewatch scenes and it just gets funnier for them. That's the dream, right, So thank you guys. Wow, great questions. The theme song thing is gonna make me crazy all week to see what you guys dm me help me out with that answer. I need a better answer. I feel like you guys would crush that the fans would crush that giving theme songs for every character and for the show like a modern ey theme song.
Speaker 2: You guys would rush it.
Speaker 1: So help me because I did not crush that answer, and I want to all right, you guys, that's the show. See you next week for another Loft meeting. Remember you can send in voice notes videos so I could see your faces or you could hear your own voices here on the podcast. I love that. You can just email it over to the mess an pod at gmail dot com. As you guys know, Lamar and I designed some podcast merch. We felt there was a need, so we designed our own. We're also going to.
Speaker 2: Launch a Ferguson shirt.
Speaker 1: But it'll be a limited drops, so make sure you go to themes around pod dot com and make sure you sign up there so you can be on the mailing list. And you are the first just wants to get your hands on that Fergie ferg shirt.
Speaker 2: All right, thanks for hanging out with me. Bye.
Speaker 1: That was the mess Around in iHeartMedia Production.
Speaker 2: Our executive producer is Joel Monique. Our senior producer is Abu Zafar. Bei Wang provided engineering and editing services.
Speaker 1: Additional production from Daniel Goodman, Wendy Heisler and Kyle Shevron. Our theme song was written and composed by Ronald juke Box Jackson, Catch you next time.
Speaker 2: Bye,