Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 3: This is mick Shots streaming live on Dallascowboys dot Com and the official Dallas Cowboys out now Here are Bill Jones, Everson Walls, and Nicky Spagnola.
Speaker 4: And it is time for another edition of mix Shots inside the SWBC podcast studio here at the Star in Frisco. And as you can tell, Everson Walls is going through the cutlist of the National Football League as we speak. Whose name might be on that list?
Speaker 2: And this is for you, Bill Man, I saw it last night, like damn it. It didn't make it this year. Colt McCoy, Oh yeah, Colt McCoy got cut today.
Speaker 4: McCoy, yeah, Cop McCoy, Yes, that was That was a surprise moved by the Arizona Cardinals after they made the trade last week for Joshua Dobbs from Cleveland. And they have in camp the University of Houston quarterback whose name escapes me as we speak, uh, high school at that uh and with Kyler Murray on Pop to start the season. You think, and this applies to the Cowboys because game number three, Week three, what are the Cowboys doing?
Speaker 5: What are they doing? Bill?
Speaker 4: They're playing the Arizona Cardinals. Oh okay, so Kyler's out the first four games for sure, he's on the pup list, and now they're going with a quarterback who does not. Of course, Cop McCoy doesn't have a lot of experience in this league playing games. He has a lot of experience in the league, though. But that was a surprise move. And how many more surprises might we see as we hit the deadline of three o'clock this afternoon.
Speaker 5: You know, I don't think we're going to see many surprises here. I think it's pretty.
Speaker 2: We've already had one. I hadn't had a chance to talk to you guys about it.
Speaker 5: I bet we could do it right now.
Speaker 4: And Clayton Tune producer Supreme reminded me that Clayton Tune is the order. Thank you, Chrissy Houston Arizona and his brother Nathan Tune. They were record setting quarterbacks at Hebern High School. Go ahead, Mickey, where was I You were.
Speaker 5: Distracting?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 5: I said, we probably won't have you know, it seems like we haven't done a podcast.
Speaker 4: In forever since Friday.
Speaker 5: A lot's going on.
Speaker 4: There has been a lot that has happened since someone.
Speaker 2: Can someone please talk to me about what's going on with this whole new transition that we just had this transaction rather.
Speaker 4: And that would be the transaction for Trey Lance.
Speaker 2: What is happening? Somebody tell me what is going on?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 4: We had everybody's.
Speaker 2: Asking me questions like I'm the expert.
Speaker 4: Last time we convened was Friday morning. And this season apparently is going to be a lot like past seasons that the breaking news happens right after we get off the air, and it was a little it was a few hours after we got off the air Friday evening where it breaks about Cowboys trading a fourth round pick for Trey Lance. How about the way Will Gear played?
Speaker 2: I called Bill, I'm sorry, I called Spags right away. I called him right away and wanted to know what the heck was going on and what did he know about it? And did he know about it on the show?
Speaker 5: I knew no, no, No one knew about it until Cowboys didn't know about it until it went down. And you know, my feelings on it is they sort of have taken a shot in the dark with a fourth round pick hoping that it pays dividends down the road, either as developing a future backup quarterback or developing a quarterback that can flip for better draft choice than what they traded for.
Speaker 2: I gotta say he's I mean, I don't know if I'm glad he's here or not.
Speaker 5: Football. Yeah, that's the big biggest deal on this old deal.
Speaker 4: Well, and I think the biggest thing is his youth. I mean he's only twenty three years old. And I think what this team and Mike McCarthy's talked about it, they like having they're established starting quarterback and you've got a veteran backup. They have that in Cooper Rush, but they also like to have a young, developed quarterback, developmental quarterback.
Speaker 2: He's younger than the one that we already have.
Speaker 4: He's five years younger than twenty three, right, Yeah, I mean he is and his experience level, I mean he is the same age right now, even though he's been in the league this he's going into his third year in the league. He is the same age Dak Prescott was when he was a rookie, and Dak when you look back at Dak in college, he was basically a three year starter a Mississippi State, had played a lot of football, had led a team for a long time, and Trey Lance for one year it was a sixteen game National Championship FCS season. He led North Dakota State to where they always go to the National championship game and right up the road in Frisco. And then the next year was the COVID year. They only played one game. And so he declares for the draft and becomes the third pick in the draft. And we've seen over the last two years, I mean a year ago at this time, he was the starting quarterback for the San Francisco forty nine ers.
Speaker 2: It doing pretty well.
Speaker 4: Two games he gets hurt and now and then Brock Purdy comes along after Jimmy g got hurt, and so here we are now. But from a developmental standpoint, he hasn't played very much football.
Speaker 5: Well, here's the not very much football. He only started one year in high school, his senior year. No, it's since his as a quarterbacks since his senior year in high school at North Dakota State and at San Francisco, he's only thrown four hundred and twenty passes. Think about that. He played sixteen games and then one game in COVID year because then they decided they were playing in the spring, and he said, no, I'm going into the NFL. To me, when he got drafted, he wasn't even twenty one years old, he was still twenty So I when I wrote, I said, this is like quarterback abuse. I mean, he has not had any time to develop. And when he got his opportunities in San Francisco, he got hurt right his rookie year. He ended up with a sprain knee, and then he broke a finger and I read where it was his index finger on his throwing hand and he could never straighten that finger out the entire year. And then the next year they give him the starting job and in the second game he suffers a kind of a deck like ankle injury and that was it. Yeah, and now he comes in and plays what one preseason game maybe two, and they were like, no, we're out.
Speaker 4: You know, if he was a fourth round draft pick like he should have been, then like that shouldn't like yeah, like that should not have been right. People would say he's right where he should be in his career right now. But since he was the third pick in the draft, got these higher expectations for him. To Mickey's point, he threw a total in that one season, sixteen starts. He only threw two hundred and eighty seven passes. Because of the type offense he was in.
Speaker 5: He ran for eleven hundred yards. And think about it, So four hundred and twenty passes since high school. That through four hundred and sixty his rookie year. So he hasn't you know. And I hear all these people talking about what they saw in a preseason game. He hasn't seen enough. You got to see, you got to play. That's why I always look at college quarterbacks that come out early. If you don't play enough in college, you're not ready for the NFL. I'm sorry, and I'll guarantee you he was not ready for the NFL. And it wasn't his fault that it was us.
Speaker 2: That was he was young. He has even less experience as a college player.
Speaker 5: Exactly right. You know a lot of guys come out early, come out early. And I remember Blaine Gabbard Missouri, he came out a year early. He wasn't ready. I could have told him he wasn't ready. He got to Uh. The NFL was Jackson Jacksonville. I believe he wasn't ready and he still never developed the way he should have. This guy has not played enough football.
Speaker 2: We had a quarterback the other night that looked pretty damn good. But he was playing for his practice squad life, right.
Speaker 4: Well, he was playing for his what he hopes will be a veteran backup job in the NFL. A number two job in the NFL is another team.
Speaker 5: On this team, on this team, he was he was going to be at best on the practice Yeah, that's my point.
Speaker 2: That's my point. Yeah, Now you've got Trey and Trey he could be that guy. He could be that third string guy. Right, we talked about this.
Speaker 5: He could be the guy on the fifty three man rock.
Speaker 2: He could be on the fifth av' that's the worst case scenario. That's the worst case. Then he could be if things work out. Well, this is what I was talking to you about. Let's say he starts to develop and this is a great sister for him, this is a great system for him. All of a sudden he starts to develop it. Okay, I get this system. I like this coach. I like Shattenheimer. Maybe, and all of a sudden, he's looking better than Grier than all of you can see, while his athletic ability might be able to you know, transform him into a second string.
Speaker 5: And I think that's what the idea was, to develop a second string, a backup quarterback for the time. They've got two years. Yeah, right, he's on his third year. Next year is the fourth year. This year, by the way, his base salary would save them sixty eight thousand dollars compared to Will Grier's base salary, because he's in his fifth year, right.
Speaker 2: And they gave him away. They just gave them away. Yeah, they ate a lot of money.
Speaker 5: They did a lot, like like eleven million dollars.
Speaker 2: Oh man, So you have to they have to really be disappointed in what they saw.
Speaker 5: Well, John Lynch said that night they were playing a preseason game and he was on their broadcast in the second quarter, and he basically said, we're ready to win now. And so they obviously, you know, you know, attached their uh wagon to Rock Purty and then Sam Darnell as sort of a veteran backup that and yeah, and Brandon Allen, and you know, when they told him he was going to be the third guy, he said, well, I like to be traded and it's like, okay, well you got your wish.
Speaker 4: And they're happy to get a fourth round pick for their mistake pick.
Speaker 5: See, it wasn't his fault. He was the third pick in the draft, and it wasn't his fault that they gave up three first round picks and a third to move up from twelve.
Speaker 2: The criticism for that, yeah, and the criticism.
Speaker 5: Because guess what if they stayed at twelve, they could have drafted Michael Parsons.
Speaker 4: Or they could have drafted Michael Parsons at three.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's right and no One.
Speaker 4: And even though they would have been heavily criticized, think about that. Think how much they would have been criticized if they had traded three first round draft picks plus a third to move up to number three to take Michael Parsons. They would have been ridiculed left and right. But now looking back on it, that would have been a great trade for it. But could you imagine Parsons alongside Bosa on the other side of and if.
Speaker 5: You look and see everybody panic that year, So Trevor Lawrence goes number one. Zach Wilson had that turnout for the Jets go number two, he goes number three. Justin Field's number eleven, and I believe Mac Jones was fifty fifteenth if I remember so at twelve, the Cowboys took Michael Parsons and they traded down to do that, by the way, so yeah, I mean, you know, he didn't say, hey, trade three first round picks for me. And if you remember around that time, John Lynch and Kyle Shanahan, they were brilliant.
Speaker 2: Yes, right, they.
Speaker 5: Had they had the league, yeah figured out right, And then that it's like oops. So sometimes you take the eraser out and say, okay, we got to move on.
Speaker 4: And odds are Lance is not going to see the playing field. The Cowboys hope he doesn't see the playing field this season. And so now you go into next year and he's going into the last year of his rookie contract, and you could be at a point where there's nothing that says the Cowboys can't extend him and relieve of some of that. I think it's a five point three million dollar cap hit for next year, and it might be in Trey Lance's best interest to redo his contract here with the Cowboys if he likes it here, likes the coaching staff and so forth, where you have him for longer than these two seasons. Yeah, because they're not going to pick his market is not going to be out there if he doesn't ever play right.
Speaker 5: And somebody asked, are you going to pick up his fifth year option? The fifth year option is probably like twenty eight million dollars. Come on, I don't even think you need to ask that, right.
Speaker 2: So, so, did Will Grib do anything for himself?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 4: I think I think so. I think in a lot of ways, not only of what he did on the field, but how he handled the whole situation that opened up a lot of eyes probably around the league.
Speaker 2: Should we give that a lot of credit for Will Grib's.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's right. I mean.
Speaker 5: He knew his talent. It's like, call his.
Speaker 4: Talent hunter Lipke's talent. Brings me to another point. Uh, who were your picks to click on Saturday Night?
Speaker 2: Mine was Bohannan? Okay was Bohannan?
Speaker 5: I don't remember?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 5: I remember? Yeah, I'm sure you did. You knew he was going to play forever?
Speaker 2: Remember yours? That's the question.
Speaker 4: Because he didn't do very well, he'd remember, I forget mine? When they don't do well. Hunter Lifkey was my pick to click.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 5: I think I took Eric Scott because he always makes a play.
Speaker 4: I'm not sure he did, but uh, he was out there for a lot of plays.
Speaker 5: Lipke's no wonder he didn't have to go get oxygen. After the game. They wore his butt out. I said, we'll get into cutting this this roster down. But to go back to Greer, Now he did it against Somebody said, well, he did it against you know, guys that aren't going to be playing in the league. And I'm going he was doing it with guys.
Speaker 2: That's my point my league. Yeah, you're playing with the same caliber guy on offense.
Speaker 5: That you're playing against. So yeah, and that offensive line was pretty shaky, and I know we're going to get into that will look.
Speaker 2: Good scrambling off into the pocket, getting out, you know, running the ball, all right, So.
Speaker 4: I think Babe Bloffenberg, I was driving home Saturday night listening to the postgame show on the Fan and Brad Sham was on, and Babe called in. When Brad was on the postgame show, and he presented the question does this do anything for Will Greer's trade value? Leading up to Tuesday. Would there be a team out there willing to give up a seventh round draft pick for Will Greer?
Speaker 5: They immediately if if they think there's other teams that are interested, because they know he's going to get cut, right, he's getting cut. But if you want to if you're.
Speaker 4: His status, he's not subject to waste.
Speaker 5: The waivers, right, so you would have to start bidding against other teams, not you know, not from a trade standpoint, but a financial standpoint. So so you like one.
Speaker 4: I mean, the obvious team out there who might be interested in Greer would be the team that had coach has coaches on the staff that have worked with him before, and that would be the Chargers. He went to West Virginia to school. Now I'm glad you asked that question because he started his college career at Florida and Doug Nussmeyer was the offensive coordinators and nus Meyer so Nusmeyer knows him from back high school basically in North Carolina, and he's the quarterbacks coach with Kellen Moore the offensive coordinator with the Chargers. So you would think that might be the landing spot for career. They have Easton Stick as they're back up to Justin Herbert right now.
Speaker 5: And so Kellen Moore knows.
Speaker 4: And then they cut Max dug In yesterday, their seventh round draft pick.
Speaker 5: Kellen Moore knows him nuss Meyer might have been the reason why he ended up here.
Speaker 4: So yeah, So a team like that, if they want to make sure that they got him then or if it was another team, then they could.
Speaker 5: And he's basically making the fifty year minimum. It's one point something million.
Speaker 2: So he looks like a California guy. He's got the hair, the facial hair, got the look to see him in San Diego.
Speaker 4: And then the other one is Washington. Ron Rivera's coach there. He was a third round pick of Carolina when Rivera was the head coach there. So there's another one when they have Sam Howe as their starter in Jacobe Burssett. But they are in the market for quarterbacks obviously. All right, we're just getting startled away.
Speaker 5: Let me throw this out. When we finished with Trey Lance. He did get here yesterday, so he was in the building. They've already started working with him, and we should get an opportunity to do an interview with him at some point. To hero mix shots on mix shots would be really nice.
Speaker 4: I would all right, we continue with mix shots in just a moment.
Speaker 6: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 8: Have they snapped the press guy who looks right, it's not there. He escapes left. He'll run for a perstown.
Speaker 6: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, selling trade cryptocurrency.
Speaker 8: Prescott's gonna run this himself, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 6: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered.
Speaker 2: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 6: Get started at blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 9: You know that sound anywhere. It's the crisp crunch, that first nacho chip with its perfect cheese to sour cream ratio, sitting atop a layer of delicious beans. It's a sip away from perfection. That's what we're looking for. Add a delicious, refreshing pepsi, and we've achieved absolute nacho nirvana. Because while you can pile those nachos high with every spicy, cheesy savory topping. There's no topping of cool PEPSI finish nachos better with PEPSI.
Speaker 7: That's what I like.
Speaker 10: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor in combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the armed forces since the Civil War. Fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire America. It's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes. Learn more and get in vault at mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 7: Cowboys Football and Miller Lite.
Speaker 11: What a pairing can cracks a kickoff tailgates going way past postgame Sunday night overtimes, followed by Monday morning swagger, Briskey in the smoker, Miller Lte and the clue America's team playing America's greatest sport. Miller Lite the only beer of the Dallas Cowboys. Dallas Cowboys Football taste like Miller Time, Celebrate Responsibly. Twenty twenty three Miller Brown Company, Fort Worth, Texas.
Speaker 7: Dem Shots.
Speaker 5: Kate Post roofing and waterproofing the official roofer of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 4: That was your best reason yet, I like, and you've got a script in front of you. Now that's the difference. Yeah, yeah, you're not ad libbing.
Speaker 2: It, right, thank you?
Speaker 4: All right, we count down the hours now to the deadline. The teams in the across the league have to be down to fifty three players by three o'clock this afternoon, and.
Speaker 5: We have an interview with Mike McCarthy a press conference at three thirty three thirty right after that. Make sure you listen, okay, Elscowboys dot com and.
Speaker 4: Mickey is ready to cut players. Right.
Speaker 5: You want to start, you start quarterback that one. There's going to be three of them, okay. Now the debate will be at running back because I think we know two for sure. Pollard and I would say, Recal Doddle, will you give me that we know three and we know three?
Speaker 4: Yes, and the third would be douce Van.
Speaker 5: Deuce Vawn that's right? And then after that do you keep a fourth? And Bill is a proponent of keeping Hunter Lipke.
Speaker 4: I just on Sunday, I was thinking about it going you know what, because before Saturday night. I mean, I thought, okay, Hunter Lipke is your perfect practice player. Okay, he and hadn't hadn't had an opportunity to do anything in the preseason. Then I watch him on Saturday night and then I'm thinking, I look up, you know his history a little closer. Ran a four to six at the forty at the Combine in the forty and thirty seven vertical. He's got the athleticism to be a good special teams player as well. With the Cowboys situation at linebacker, I'm sitting there going, okay, Hunter Lipke, Malik Davis. I mean, if you're if you're keeping four running backs, okay, And we've seen Malik Davis. And one thing that goes through the minds, perhaps of the scouts and coaches here in the front office is who can you get to the practice squad and who? And so anyway, Hunter Lipke entered my mind as well, a guy that.
Speaker 12: That sounded like a major stretch, but think about stretching that. But wait, think about it this way. Though you saw some of his capability in that game. He's pretty versatile. And who's going to help you more on special teams Malik Davis or Hunter Lipke.
Speaker 2: And I don't know that that question. I don't know you guys would know.
Speaker 5: Well, I'm looking, I'm looking at his body type. He can looks like he'd be willing to go down and make some tackles for me, cover punts, kickoffs, block Uh, I can see you know, on that first kickoff return they had ric O'Donnell as one of the what do you call the twobe before the guy that catches whatever. That line of defense is the kickoff, the kickoff, kickoff return. We're talking punt, no kickoff return. You know you have two guys in front.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we got the go ahead.
Speaker 5: And Donald there. So anyway, I just think he can do more for you. Uh, and probably getting Elik Davis on the practice squad.
Speaker 4: And let's face it, there's a lot of running backs going to be cut. A lot of running backs are going to be out there too. Yeah, what what lipkey? His position versatility on offense intrigues me as well, just because he's what round two hundred and forty pounds. I mean he could develop into a full back type as well. Actually, okay, I got a listed two forty five of the combine. He was two thirty two and so some with your tight ends, if you had an injury at tight end, whatever. He can do some of that h back stuff we see Sean McEwan do with the tight ends. I think there's there's some value there. But when you're cutting down the roster and you're having to figure out, Okay, I've got x amount of injured players and I've got to but they aren't injured to the point they're out for the season, but they got to be on the fifty three and they may go on ir to start this season. Then you got to take risk with certain players. And so you enters your mind. Is Lipkey a guy that would get picked up on waivers by another team that's that Can you get him to the practice squad?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Or can and Millennia Davis for that matter.
Speaker 5: Can he get them through and then sign them back after you put somebody else on injured reserve? Yeah, So that's that's the question there. Okay, why are.
Speaker 4: We going with four running backs? Yes, we are going with four. Whether it's Malik Davis or Hunter Lipke go with.
Speaker 5: And I and I think if it's Lipkey, it's four. If it's Davis, it might be three. Okay, how about wide receiver.
Speaker 4: H you have the five who did not play in the game on.
Speaker 5: Saturday, so you're assuming they're gonna be big three plus Tolbert and we're gonna count Turpin as a wide receiver not a specialty guy. All right, So do you keep six? And if you keep the sixth? To me, it comes down between Jalen Brooks and Simmi for Hoko, okay, and now which guy is gonna help me more onw.
Speaker 2: Based on what you just did with the running backs, then you're gonna look at the wide receivers the same way. For Hoko, is bigger guy uh ready for special teams? Played special teams already, He's already done that. Based on your logic on running backs, seemed like for Hoko would be the guy.
Speaker 5: And the only thing if it's a tie. Brooks was your seventh round pick so.
Speaker 4: And for Hoko was your fifth round pick two years ago and this is his third So I think that difference is the other difference is where are they in their career? And for Hoko's going into his third year, you only have him under control for two more years, and he had Brooks for four years as a rookie.
Speaker 2: What is Brooks.
Speaker 4: What is brooks upside as a receiver?
Speaker 5: That's that's going to be their debate. I kind of like Brooks, I do too, all right, tight end keeping all four.
Speaker 4: Of them, yes, all.
Speaker 5: Right, meaning we're keeping mchewing that's right. Yes, I just think he does too many different things for him to let him go. And I think somebody would pick him up if you tried to get cute and release them and then try to sign him back after you put somebody on I R and that that decision became much easier after John Stevens unfortunately tears his a c L.
Speaker 4: Next question, Okay, now.
Speaker 5: Offensive, Yeah, I figured emotional. I got I got my starting five, starting five, and after that, I'm sucking air through my teeth. I think Matt Fourniac makes it.
Speaker 4: Okay, guys as as either my.
Speaker 5: Back center and can play some guard after that. If you look at how they were rotating the offensive lineman in practice last week when they didn't have Zach Martin and Tyron Smith taking all the first team reps, awesome. Richards came in and got first team reps at left tackle, and t J. Bass came in and got the reps at right guard and then ball gets hurt, so he's headed to I R and he is headed to an ending season.
Speaker 4: Or which And the difference there ever since is if it's right, you make the If he's you put him on IR. Now he's out for the year. If you can put him, you can have him on the fifty three, and then he would go to IR and then you can bring him back.
Speaker 5: One of those two things is gonna happen because McCarthy said it's a multi week injury, right, so we'll see.
Speaker 4: What The question they have to decide is do they feel like that he can be a contributor in the second half of the season.
Speaker 5: Right, And then they got to find enough guys like c. J. Goodwin that they can cut and tell them, don't go anywhere. We're going to resign you after twenty four hours.
Speaker 2: Didn't we have the same problem last year? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Every year, every same problem.
Speaker 5: That's crazy and backup offensive lineman? And so are you going to keep three? Are you going to keep four?
Speaker 4: So all right, who are what do you do? You mentioned Farniac and awesome Richards and then TJ. Bass is another one.
Speaker 5: That I like. So that's eight and now do you keep well let's go. And he he had the shoulders sublixation, but he came back and actually practiced last week and played in the game. So that was somebody they thought they could develop after that. I just don't see him keeping a doga.
Speaker 4: He's another injury and he's.
Speaker 5: Still injured, and I don't know if he's worth you know, saying Okay, we're going to keep him and then put him on IR. You might just do an injury settlement with him.
Speaker 2: I keep thinking, you can't make the club in the tub. Yeah that's what.
Speaker 5: And he's been out for three winks with a hyper extended knee that caused a bone bruise.
Speaker 12: So yeah, that would.
Speaker 4: How many of you how many offensive linemen will they have on their fifty three when it's all set done.
Speaker 5: Well, you'd like nine. You'd like to keep you know, three of them active on game day on your forty eight. So I would be looking at the waiver wire. I think for maybe a more veteran guy. I saw one veteran type guy got cut. He was a former first round pick. Hopefully I can say his name right.
Speaker 4: I Fetti for Jermainetti for.
Speaker 5: A and M guy. But he's bounced around the bears, and then I can't remember who just released him, but he's bounced around a little bit these last couple of years.
Speaker 4: Okay, we just moved a defense, all right. When we come back here, it just allix shots moving on.
Speaker 10: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor in combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the armed forces since the Civil War. Fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire America. It's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes. Learn more and get involved at mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 7: Cowboys Football and Miller Lyte.
Speaker 11: What a pairing can cracks a kickoff tailgates going way past postgame Sunday night overtimes, followed.
Speaker 7: By Monday morning Swagger, Brisky and the Smoker.
Speaker 11: Miller Lyte and the Creek, America's team playing America's greatest spool. Miller Lyte the only beer of the Dallas Cowboys. Dallas Cowboys Football taste like Miller Time Celebrate Responsibly twenty twenty three, Miller Brown Company, Fort Worth, Texas.
Speaker 6: I'm dok Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 8: They snapped the Prescott who that's right, it's not there. He escaped flipt He'll love full punch down.
Speaker 6: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With Blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade crypto currency.
Speaker 8: Press Scot's gonna run this himself, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 6: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, they've got you covered. What are you waiting for? Get started at blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 9: You know that sound anywhere. It's the crisp crunch, that first nacho chip with its perfect cheese to sour cream ratio, sitting atop a layer of delicious beans. It's a sip away from perfection. That's what we're looking for. Add a delicious, refreshing pepsi, and we've achieved absolute nacho nirvana. Because while you can pile those nachos high with every spicy, cheesy, savory topping. There's no topping of school PEPSI finish nachos better with PEPSI.
Speaker 7: That's what I like shots.
Speaker 5: The twenty twenty three Dallas Cowboys season at A T and T Stadium is right around the corner and limited single game tickets are available now. Don't miss your chance to see your Cowboys live at at and T Stadium when they host the NFC East rival Eagles, Giants, and Commanders, plus the Jets, Patriots, Rams, Seahawks, and Lions. Visit dallascowboy dot com, slash tickets or seat geek dot com, the official ticketing provider of A T and T Stadium.
Speaker 12: Of practice, yeah right, practice, way too long.
Speaker 4: Part of it is there was a false start.
Speaker 5: As to be ready to read it right away, I.
Speaker 4: Tried you were slow off this name. It was the opposite of a false start. I was the rest of the offense moved miss Smith.
Speaker 2: I was Smith holding the ball.
Speaker 4: Okay, we're going to defense now. Speaking as Mickey continues cutting the team earning favor with so many behind the scenes here, Okay, players are not going to want to talk to Mickey, and so they make the team.
Speaker 5: I'm looking at this uh in numerical.
Speaker 4: Order, americal order, Okay, Sam WILLI is by positions.
Speaker 5: Sam will number, Sam Williams, you're good.
Speaker 4: With that number?
Speaker 5: Fifty four, okay, Dante Fowler fifty six, Mazzie Smith fifty eight, DeMarcus Lawrence, Okay, we jumped up. Drence Armstrong. Good with that, Junior Fijoko, okay, good with that. How many are we at now? Six or five?
Speaker 2: What do I got?
Speaker 4: Confused?
Speaker 2: Six numbers?
Speaker 5: That's six. Jonathan Hankins makes it, yep Osa makes it. Chauncey Golston, and I think their decision will come down between Gallimore and Quinton Bohano.
Speaker 4: So there were nine.
Speaker 5: I think I had nine before.
Speaker 4: So they're going to keep ten.
Speaker 5: So keep ten? So does that sound right?
Speaker 2: Say Parsons?
Speaker 4: He's not including Parsons in the group.
Speaker 2: He's not.
Speaker 5: He's listed as a linebacker.
Speaker 4: So they're keeping eleven defensive linemen.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and so you might just keep ten. I mean nine in count Parsons as your tenth.
Speaker 4: Right, do it by interior? Okay, defensive tackles versus defensive ends, all.
Speaker 5: Right, So defensive ends. You got Williams, Fowler, Lawrence Armstrong.
Speaker 13: Focal's kind of been, so it's Goldston and Golston's been they kind of moved inside for Hoko or yeah, both, so those are kind of boats.
Speaker 2: So no Bohanna, So.
Speaker 4: West sides Parsons of edge rushers, you've got four plus Parsons.
Speaker 5: Williams Fowler, Lawrence Armstrong. And then however, you look at Goldston and who was the for Hoko?
Speaker 4: Okay, so those are two, and so your other your defensive.
Speaker 5: Tackles otherwise are Mazi okay one, Hankins two, and then Gallimore three, and Bohanna would be four. If you look at Goldston, he's he's four, right.
Speaker 4: And right now the way you moved, did you say osa? Okay, so there's three, there's masi Osa and Hankins as you're strictly interior guys, right, and then so you need a fourth.
Speaker 5: In there, and and I think they look at Golston as a tackle.
Speaker 12: Okay, So the fourth would be Galimore and then Galimore would be five, right, yeah, five and five.
Speaker 5: So that's that's that's the decision they have to make. Now.
Speaker 4: To me, I've made the decision already. Who you got Galimore?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I agree, not because he went to Oklahoma.
Speaker 5: His work in all right, linebackers Parsons, Clark, vander vandersh and then you've got to figure out is it Harper who kind of played well and he's could be a special teams guy. And then what do you do with Cox, Malik Jefferson they were given a chance, he what banged up. And then Isaiah Land who they sort of like as a kind of two fer guy linebacker slash pass rusher.
Speaker 4: I look at him as an edge. But yeah, but from a special team standpoint, he's the same mold as a overshown and although bigger than over.
Speaker 5: And then and then Cox, they got to make a decision on him. Are you keeping them?
Speaker 4: So how many? Uh don't consider Parsons?
Speaker 5: Okay, if I don't consider Parsons.
Speaker 4: Then your linebackers are Vander Ash.
Speaker 5: Clark, Clark, and yeah Harper cos that's five, that's four four.
Speaker 4: I mean you definitely obviously have to keep a couple of linebackers' backups.
Speaker 5: He likes six. That might be a position.
Speaker 4: You're looking at waiver wire to on that or veteran guys and looking and using maybe the practice squad.
Speaker 2: Also because about using one of the big safeties.
Speaker 5: And that that can happen.
Speaker 4: They play into it too.
Speaker 5: But here's my deal. If vanderh marky, you forgot Marque's Bell, well, I counted him back.
Speaker 4: But he's been playing linebacker.
Speaker 5: Well in kind of their change. Okay, so here answer my question, Layton Vander esh or Dimone Clark get hurt? Who's my other starting linebacker?
Speaker 2: That's where it's that's no who else.
Speaker 4: Is that against Gabrill Cox and Devin Harper in that mix?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 5: Exactly?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Marquise Bell is a is a sub package linebacker.
Speaker 5: Right, So that's the part to me that there's been at.
Speaker 4: You figure out how to keep Bell on the roster and you slide him into the linebacking corps because you have so many safeties you want to keep right.
Speaker 5: But to me, he's a special uh kind of a specialty linebacker right on my change up defenses. But I'm looking for a core guy to take Leyton vander spot. If he gets hurt. You got Damon Clark. Do I have to then say Parsons is a linebacker?
Speaker 4: Well, they're down over. Shown basically took this whole thing. He basically took Anthony Barr's spot. Yes, okay, and so that too. They were they were replacing Anthony Barr with overshown and we talk about Gifford, but it's but it was Anthony Barr spot that he took. We only talk about Gifford from a specialty.
Speaker 2: At that point.
Speaker 4: Okay, So they are in need of a linebacker, yes.
Speaker 5: Yes, so, And I just don't know that you want to keep getting older at that spot, like saying, Okay, we're going to sign bar back.
Speaker 2: But is Giffer? Is he ready to play?
Speaker 5: No, Giffer, it's gone.
Speaker 2: I know, but if you would have signed him, I see.
Speaker 4: You got two minutes to get into what Everson has been waiting for, which is corners in safeties.
Speaker 5: I kept ten.
Speaker 4: Okay. I don't know if they can start with the starters. Okay, less confusing. Okay, So you got gilmour Andre and you got the three safeties, Donovan Wilson, Curse and Hooker. Okay, so there's five five.
Speaker 5: Then after that Deron Bland.
Speaker 4: Corner he's a starter.
Speaker 5: Six.
Speaker 4: That's six.
Speaker 5: There's your six starters.
Speaker 2: C J.
Speaker 5: Goodwin's gonna make the team.
Speaker 4: But he may not make the team today.
Speaker 5: Right, Eric Scott.
Speaker 4: I think they like fill okay, safety.
Speaker 5: And then they've got to decide on one Yeer Thomas or Kelvin Joseph I think.
Speaker 4: Okay, So no Sean Wright, what about him?
Speaker 5: Well, you got to decide on right and mcclamu also. Yeah, so there's four. There's four guys right there. Now. Mcclamu was playing late in that preseason game.
Speaker 4: It's clear we need to expand the roster.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you remember last year when you said did you cut him? I said, yeah, I got it down to fifty five, right, and then three special teams guys.
Speaker 2: Right when you look at the Sean Right, I thought he did well at the end of last sear see, but he's in a boot still.
Speaker 4: So he's one of those that Okay, if it's if it's going to be four weeks.
Speaker 5: You get it.
Speaker 4: You have to keep him on the fifty three and then you put him on I R. This is then Jordan Lewis is another one who's on PUP and he can stay on pup.
Speaker 2: Bills chance.
Speaker 4: I think they on PUP, which is four weeks.
Speaker 2: I think this is Bill's chance to step out and show what he can do. Yeah, this is really his chance to do that and not just be some guy. That's a good story, right, But somebody can go in there and be considered part of the package.
Speaker 5: Well, they started using them in Overshwan spot on the Nickel.
Speaker 4: Defense position, flexibility, see.
Speaker 5: And the other thing you got to figure out. We keep talking about cutting somebody and then signing them back, but how many do you have in that category? Beside uh C J. Goodwin and maybe.
Speaker 4: Deep snapper Trent sig Sieg.
Speaker 5: There's not I don't think there's anybody else you sneak through.
Speaker 4: So that opened up two spots for today to get someone to.
Speaker 5: Right and is there another one that they feel like they can say, Okay, just go sit over there and then we'll bring you back.
Speaker 2: Okay. A lot of options as far as you couldn't do it with a lot of options for DBS, A lot of options.
Speaker 5: You could do it with Cooper Rush. Okay, unless somebody comes in slams a big contract at him and he says syonara.
Speaker 2: This late in the season, late in Yeah.
Speaker 4: That would be just like the Cowboys to do that and then get caught after all the time. No, I'm not getting caught, but just.
Speaker 5: All the talk and then everybody's like, oh, they only kept two quarterback to Trey Lance is the backup.
Speaker 2: Okay, don't say that, Bill, don't bring that up. I don't want that brought up.
Speaker 4: All right, So that does it for our I think we covered in they edition, and I don't know that we got anything.
Speaker 5: Kickers Kickers, No, he's here, he's got it.
Speaker 4: He made it.
Speaker 5: Although some who just kept cut their kicker Kave York, who was a local product right now, somebody else did and.
Speaker 4: They Cleveland cut him. He was a draft pick and they traded packers.
Speaker 2: I think the pack is kind of punter or something.
Speaker 4: Yes, they did all right. There will be a lot of cuts later today, eleven hundred and eighty four people. All that will be at three o'clock this afternoon, and we'll be back on Thursday after the smoke clears. That's here at the Star in Frisco. Be ready for you're supposed to say coke Go Cowboys, No Go Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.