Speaker 1: Welcome. It is Verdict with Center, Ted Cruz Ben Ferguson with you, and we've got quite a few issues to talk about, including some fireworks that happen in the Judiciary Committee over some nominees and some people that just flat out aren't qualified. What are the Democrats doing. We're going to take you behind the scenes to what happened there, why this is so important for this country. Coming up in just a moment. Also, the Center makes I think what may be his debut in Hollywood in a new movie that's at will tell you about that coming up in just a moment. But before we get to that Center, I want to get your reaction to some news that broke. Special Counsel Jack Smith seems to be putting together together an enemies list, and quite a few listeners of this podcast may be on that list. He has demanded that x formerly known as Twitter, is to give all information on all Americans who interacted with Donald J. Trump on Twitter between October of twenty twenty while he was the President of the United States of America to January of twenty twenty one. This would include people that did something as simple as liking a tweet of the president of the United States of America. Your reaction to this heavily redacted search warrant requesting everyone's intel that interacted with Trump.
Speaker 2: It's completely outrageous. The Biden Justice Department wants information about you and you mentioned an enemy's list. That's exactly what they're compiling. That they have literally served on Twitter a search warrant that demands every single person who liked a tweet from Trump or who retweeted a tweet from Trump between October twenty twenty and January twenty twenty one. I am quite certain I liked her, retweeted multiple tweets. I'm quite certain you liked r retweeted multiple tweets. So you and I are both on the enemy's list, and so is anybody else that they're basically trying to compile a list of the social media of every Trump voter, and not even voter. It's just if you had something positive to say about the president, the Biden DOJY wants to know it. And they're also asking for quote all associated logs and metadata, which could cover location data as well. And so understand that they're asking for the physical location of every person who said something positive about Donald Trump. On Twitter between October of twenty twenty and January of twenty twenty one. That is wildly overbroad. It is not related to anything remotely within the scope of the indictment and what they're trying to prosecute Trump for, and the prosecution itself, as we've discussed at great length, is bogus. But this is an example. Look, this is a political fishing expedition. They want to know every American, every American citizen, every American voter who dare say something positive about Trump, the Biden DOJ wants to know your name.
Speaker 1: This is something that you see in other countries like China for example, and Russia for example, and other nations where you have dictators and tyrants where they will one hundred percent constantly be tracking, following and looking at every word that the citizens are saying. And what we also know is that Twitter initially delayed complying with this request per the New York Posts, resulting in a three hundred and fifty thousand dollars fine levied against the company. What's also shocking about this warrant who comes in and I do think we need to remind people of exactly how radical and who this Special Counsel Jack Smith is because the warrant Center also requests quote all IP addresses associated with the president he was the president at the time his account, as well as a list of all devices used to log into it. This means that any staffer, any aide who log into the account would have the information divulge to the special prosecutor. And this isn't after Donald Trump left office. This is spying on the president and his staff. Wow, he was the president of the United States of America.
Speaker 2: Well, look, and this is very much consistent with the abuse of power we've seen from the Biden DOJ and from Democrats. The four indictments against Donald Trump are all about weaponizing the Department of Justice, weaponizing local Democrat DA's to go after an attack the leading candidate for president on the Republican side right now. And and you know, this is very much also in the spirit of the abusive Fulty Fulton County indictment, where where the prosecutor there alleges that they've indicted a number of people on rico counts and the basis for that are one of the significant bases they rely upon. It are individual tweets that Trump sent and the theory is that the President of the United States sending a tweet was somehow racketeering, that it was violated the Rico laws. This is wacky stuff. This is not Oh, that's a reasonable argument that I mean, saying that the President of the United States, by sending a tweet is committing a felony is utterly bizarre and it demonstrates a contempt for free speech. Look, the President of the United States has a free speech right to send tweets. You may not like his tweets. You don't have to read his tweets if you don't like him. But Democrats have number one when it comes to Trump. Just their brains are broken. They hate him so much that they now believe, apparently that his sending a tweet is a criminal act. And they also want to know if you send a tweet. And by the way, on the same theory, I don't know if maybe retweeting Trump in their twisted world is a criminal act. What it demonstrates is a political obsession, a willingness to abuse power, a grotesque over breadth, and a complete contempt for free speech in the First Amendment.
Speaker 1: There's also another aspect of this, and that is look, You've done this. I've done this. I've retweeted people that I disagree with to bring light to something that they've said that I think is egregious or just incompetent, or maybe even just laughable. I shouldn't be dragged into a special counsel's you know, obsession over that individual just because I, on a public forum retweeted someone that I disagree with. I've retweeted AOC and Nancy Pelosi and Barack Obama and Joe Biden countless times with things that they've said. And now there's liberals in the media that I've retweeted before that shouldn't give them the right to then come look at what I've been doing because somehow it's connected to that individual. Or am I wrong?
Speaker 2: You're not wrong, but this is it's an enemy's list, it is it is an abuse of power from d OJ and Jack Smith is is he is captain a have and he is going after his white whale, and he is going to try to plunge a harpoon into Donald Trump and he wants to kill him no matter what. It is his obsession and by the way, that's why Merrick Garland appointed Jack Smith to that position because they want they want to frustrate democracy. And this is where you Bennett, it's actually amazing. The radical left has an almost Freudian projection. Whatever they accuse you of doing is in fact what they are doing, so that the standard Democrat talking point nowadays is they're defending democracy. They're defenders of democracy. That's what this election is about. Joe Biden loves saying that the reason for these indictments are because the Democrats are terrified of democracy. The reason for these indictments is the Democrats are terrified that the voters come November will go in and vote for Donald Trump. And so they're trying to use the justice system to destroy the leading Republican candidate. Why because they want to interfere with the election. They want to stop democracy from ourad.
Speaker 1: There's also an invasion of privacy aspect of this. So I'm going to talk about something else that's in this warrant in just a moment that deals with that. But first let me tell you about our friends over at Patriot Mobile. For ten years, Patriot Mobile has been America's only Christian conservative wireless provider. And when I say only trust me, they really are the only one. The team at Patriot Mobile put this coming together so that you could stop giving your money to woke big mobile companies to give massive donations to democrats and massive donations to organizations like Planned Parenthood. Patriot Mobile also offers dependable nationwide coverage, giving you the ability to access all three major networks. What does that mean. It means you get the same coverage that you're accustomed to without funding the left's agenda. And when you switch to Patriot Mobile, you're sending a clear message that you support free speech, religious freedom, the sanctity of life, the Second Amendment, as well as our military, our veteran into our first responder heroes in this country. They have one hundred percent US based customer service team that also makes switching easy, and you get to keep your same cell phone number if you want to. You get to keep your same phone you have right now or upgrade to a new one. And every month when you pay your bill, a portion of your bill goes back to support conservative causes and no extra cost to you. So stop giving your mind awoke companies and switch to Patriot Mobile. Go to Patriotmobile dot com, slash verdict that's Patriot Mobile dot com slash verdict, use a promo code Verdict you'll get free activation as well, or you can call them nine seven to two Patriot. That's nine seven to two Patriot, Patriotmobile dot com, slash verdict centat. There was also something else in this warren as we were getting some of this information that was coming in that was very alarming to me. And it's and it's a it's a free speech, but also a invasion in a privacy aspect, especially when you're talking about them wanting to get this information on who was then sitting president of the United States of America, and that was this quote all information and this is what the warrant had in it on Trump's quote. Connect and notification tabs within the Twitter app was requested, as well as his entire search history, all of the people that he blocked on Twitter, anyone that he didn't block, but you can mute so you don't see their tweets. And the most shocking part was this even drafted tweets that he never sent out. How can they justify that type of invasion of his privacy.
Speaker 2: Well, they're engaged in a phishing expedition, I will say, given that there is an active indictment against Trump, that electronic information that they can probably get. And that's you know, if if you've been indicted and have a criminal prosecution against you, and and you have electronic records that are arguably relevant to the case, that the prosecution can get those And where the warrant goes wildly overboard. Is extending not just a Trump who is now criminal defendant and has to defend himself, but it's extending to eighty million Americans. It's it's it's extending to every American who'd hit retweet or or or like for a period of three months on any Trump tweets. I mean, that's that's insanely overbroad. I will note also that the warrant instructed Twitter not to notify Trump of the search order. That that is normal.
Speaker 1: Is that a normal way of a warrant reading or is that also egregious? And then the way that they describe it.
Speaker 2: You know, it depends and what is so Twitter went and argued and tried to fight this, and Jack Smith in court argued, quote, there is reason to believe notification to the former president, a sophisticated actor with an expansive platform, would result in a statutorily cognizable harm. The non disclosure order was granted based on facts showing that notifying the former president would result in destruction of or tampering with evidence, intimidation of potential witnesses, or other serious jeopardy to an investigation or delaying of trial. Look, if you're seeking someone's electronic records, that's not that unusual to say. Don't like if they someone goes after your bank records, it's not that unusual that they would not notify you of it. What is unusual is going after every other person who was not involved in the case in any way at all, and getting the record of every time Ben Ferguson liked Donald Trump. That is completely overbroad.
Speaker 1: I have to say, I want to give some credit here to x slash Twitter. Not only did they initially delay complying with this request that resulted in a three hundred free thousand dollars fine, but they also went to court trying to stop this abuse of power. And I think that's something that should not be overlooked in this story, that they were trying to protect the users and they realized I think how egregious this was, and they deserve to I think give a lot of us, a lot of us. You appreciate the fact that Elon Musk didn't just say come on in, here's the books, grab whatever you want and said no, no, no, we're gonna fight you. This is not okay.
Speaker 2: Yeah, fully agree, And I think Twitter or x they handled it exactly right. But this Biden DOJ. This is a political Department of Justice, and it's doing enormous and ongoing damage to the integrity of DJ and and of the of law. Politicized prosecutions and weaponizing criminal prosecutions that does big, big damage.
Speaker 1: I want to move on also to some other news, and it is not really hit outside of what happened within the Senate Judiciary Committee, and there was a lot of fireworks that happened the Senate Judiciary Committee this morning. We're taping this late obviously on Thursday evening, but explain what was going on in the Senate Judiciary Committee and what was happening there. As The Hills headline was Senate gop stages hearing walk out to protest Supreme Court related subpoenas. Lindsey Graham slam Democrats, John Cornyn blasting Democrat Senator Dick Durbin. You were blasting and defending your colleague Senater John Kennedy and ripping apart the Senate Democrats for consistently serving a rubber stamp, as you described it. So tell us how this all happened and kind of out of nowhere.
Speaker 2: Well, we began the day with a markup in the Senate Judiciary Committee, and it began by the Senate Judiciary Committee voting on two judges that actually Democrats had voted out a committee before, but one of the Democrats was not physically present in the room, and so that we didn't have a quorum, and so they screwed it up last time, they had to go back and do it again. And then there were also other judges that were up up for being voted on. And on top of that, the Democrats were seeking to issue subpoenas to go after Leonard Leo, who was a long time with a Federalist society, very active in judicial matters and judicial selection, a very long time friend of mine, and to go after Harlan Crowe, a very successful Texas businessman who is very close friends with Clarence Thomas. And so we had over two hours of fireworks, I mean it. Judiciary is always vigorous. It's a little bit like the Roman colisseum where you get, you know, strong partisan warriors on both sides of the aisle. They go at it a lot. That being said, what happened today was really extraordinary. So we started off that Dick Durbin, that the chairman of the committee wanted to vote on the two nominees that he screwed up last time and didn't have a quorum for. And a number of Republican senators wanted to speak. John Cordon wanted to speak, John Kennedy wanted to speak, Marsha Blackburn wanted to speak, and Durbin just plowed right over them, just said, shut up, no, you can't speak. You can't speak on these judges. We're just voting. And it was It was a remarkable thing.
Speaker 1: It's something that's not the normal course of business, that doesn't happen correct on a normal normally. That's abnormal, right.
Speaker 2: It is wildly abnormal. I've never seen it anymore. John Cornon, who usually does not get all that excited or worked up here, that's what he said to durban He said, quote, you just destroyed one of the most important committees in the United States Senate. Congratulations on destroying the United States Senate Judiciary Committee to try to silence your opponents. Well, it reflects the arbitrary abuse of power that characterizes the Biden DOJ and characterizes the Senate Democrats. We also saw Senate Democrats once again just just rubber stamp nominees. And and you know, I was unloading in particular on a nominee out of Connecticut who has a really radical record. She signed a letter during COVID urging the governor of Connecticut to release as many prisoners as possible from jail, and by the way, with no distinction to whether they're violent. And the letter, among other things, called on the governor to release one hundred percent all of the prisoners in pre trialed attention. So if you've been arrested, say for murder, this nominee was saying, well, we should just let you go if you arrested for rape or child molesting, all of them. And and that's really a radical, radical position. And so so I unloaded on the Democrats for being so extreme, so out of step, and and and in fact I suggested to them, I said, look, just because you're Democrats, doesn't mean that you have to just roll over and and and rubber stamp whatever it is the Biden White House wants. And I point it out as Republicans, we didn't do that to Donald Trump. And in particular, you know, I invoked the well known bracelets that some people wear w W JD what would Jesus do? And I said, look in the Senate Judiciary Committee, let me suggest a modification on that, which is, y'all ought to wear a bracelet that says ww jk D, which is what would John Kennedy do? And the reason I use that analogy is that John Kennedy multiple times with Trump, judges had withering cross examinations, and for judges who were not qualified, those cross examinations resulted in those nominees being defeated. And I was telling the Democrats, you know, you actually can behave like a senator. You don't just have to be puppets of the White House.
Speaker 1: But yeah, not a one way. Well, let's play a few of these clips because they're important, and I want people to be able to hear what was happening, because this is a room filled with a lot of tense moments. And here's a few of those.
Speaker 2: Constitution gives this body the power of advice and consent, but it only works if people have the backbone to use it. If you view your job as I'm a rubber stamp for the Biden White House, whoever they send us. Look, the Democrats on this committee have already signed off on three nominees of the Department of Justice who want to abolish the police. You've already signed off on a radical judge who describes himself as his own words, as a quote wild eyed liberal says he wakes up every morning motivated by hatred for conservatives. He's a federal judge in New York. God help you. If you're a conservative and you're in his court, you go sit there, your honor, he realized your honor. Woke up that morning motivated by hatred of you. But every Democrat thought thought that was fine. That looks a good judge to us.
Speaker 1: That was one of your best moments. And then, as you mentioned, you were talking about John Kennedy and reminding that Republicans have held their own to a higher standard as well.
Speaker 2: Because John Kennedy actually respects what it means to be a judge. He's spent too many times, too much time in too many court rooms to know. If you have a jackass who doesn't know what he's doing or an ideologue on the bench, it's bad for the rule of law. And you all remember John Kennedy torpedo Trump judge after Trump dards. We had a lot of great judges, but we had some that weren't great. And the ones that weren't great, the Republicans on this committee said, no, go back and do it again. Is there even a single Democrat who could look at that bracelet? What would John Kennedy do and say, you know what, a judge who calls for releasing every violent criminal in the state of Connecticut who's on pre trial containment, that shouldn't be a judge.
Speaker 1: Did it change the demeanor of the room when you were talking that bluntley and reminding them of the facts that hey, we've gotten rid of some of our own bad nominees or with it just nope, we're Democrats and we're going to just keep doing exactly what we do, and you guys need to shut up.
Speaker 2: So the amazing thing is the Democrats don't engage at all when I'm talking. They're all looking down, they're looking at their feet, they're looking at their phones. They don't look up, they don't engage. None of them respond on the merits to anything you say. Uh. You know what, I point out, this this radical uh judge's record, And I pointed out I went down down the road. I said, listen, I don't care how how blue your states are. You know some of the Democrats there, they're from Illinois and Rhode Island and and uh, Minnesota and New Jersey and California and Delaware. I said, look, look, I don't care how blue your state is. Go to Vermont. Peter Welch is from Vermont. Bring you, bring your constituents together, ask them if they think it's a good idea to release every violent criminal that's being held on pre trial attention, every murderer, every serial rapist, just let them go. Like even in the blue estates they will say that's nutty. And this goes back to a theme that we've talked about a lot. That I talked about a lot in my new book, Unwoke, which is because the media is so corrupt, the Democrats know that no matter how egregious the votes are they cast, the media won't report on it. So they'll never get asked back home about the radicals they're voting for because it'll never make the six o'clock news. CNN won't cover it, The New York Times won't cover it. It just it disappears. And so they don't have substantive responses to these points. They just utterly ignore it. And as I said today, I said, look the look they vote like the Pullit Bureau in the old Soviet Union. They just raise their hands and go dah. And in fact, when it came to voting on this one radical judge, when it came to me, I decided to vote. Normally I would have voted no, but instead I voted yet, which did at least get it. Get a couple of chuckles. They're not a single Democrat. If they have any shame, they don't demonstrate it.
Speaker 1: I did love the way that Texas was really represented. You mentioned John Cornyan earlier. He's a guy that doesn't usually get that, you know, kind of animate or excited. But I want to play this because it was a great day for all Texans in the Senate, Chairman, you.
Speaker 2: Has not been allowed to speak on that.
Speaker 3: Now, mister Chairman, you just destroyed one of the most important committees in the United States Senate, Sherwood, and you said, a precedent the church will be repeated every time one party or the other takes advantage and takes lowgro it sets a presiden that will then be the norm. Congratulations on destroying the United States Senate Judiciary Committee.
Speaker 1: I mean, you've served with the centat corner for a long time. That's his I'm pissed voice, and he was not going to be interrupted as he was making point. And it was a great moment at least for Texas, especially for citizens here, because you guys were united saying, and the way he described it, you guys are taking the low road here, and this is going to come back to bite you one day.
Speaker 2: Well, look, that's exactly right. And then after the Democrats rammed these nominees through, they then voted on the subpoenas, and they had subpoenas, as I said, for two private citizens. One of them is Leonard Leo. I've known Leonard for thirty years. Leonard for years was with a Federalist Society. I joined the Federalist Society in nineteen ninety two when I was had just graduated from college and I was a first year law student. I joined the Federalist Society when I was a first year law student. I've known Leonard since that time, since nineteen ninety two, so we've been friends for thirty years. He is a principled conservative. He has been a warrior fighting for constitutionalists on the bench, and the Democrats hate him because they don't want constitutionalist on the bench. And then they also were voting on a subpoena for Harlan Crow, someone else I know very very well and incredibly successful real estate developer and businessman in Texas and Dallas. He and his wife are very very close friends with Clarence Thomas and Justice Thomas's wife, and all of us were horrified at their ongoing campaign, the Democrats campaign to delegitimize the Supreme Court and in particular to smear Clarence Thomas, and the attacks that they directed Clarence Thomas, I think are suffused with racism. That four left wing Democrats, they have a hatred for Clarence Thomas that is qualitatively different from any other justice on the Court, any other conservative you know. For years, Clarence Thomas served alongside antonin Scalia. Both were equally conservative and Yet the left didn't hate Scalia. They disagreed with him, but they didn't hate him. For today's Democrats, they have a contempt, a loathing for a black man who dares to be a conservative that for today's leftist is triggering. They believe an African American man does not have the right to disagree with the left wing orthodoxy, that the cultural Marxists are trying to force down your throat, and so that they heap contempt. You know, I put up in hearings before magazine covers where they've shown Clarence Thomas. They've drawn him as a lawn jockey, They've drawn him as an Uncle Tom licking the boots of justice Scalia, I mean, just heavily racist cartoons from the left. And so in response to these subpoenas, Senate Republicans did two things. Number one, we did what's called we invoked the two hour rule, which is a Senate rule that limits the length of a hearing. Because we invoked that rule, it meant that they had to conclude all of their business by noon. Well, Durban screwed up again. He didn't finish by noon, and he actually voted on the subpoenas at twelve oh two, so he was two minutes late. Under the Senate rules, those subpoenas are invalid because at noon, the committee was no longer allowed to conduct any business under the Senate rules. So the subpoenas were invalid. Number one, because Durbin did it too late and did not comply with the two hour rule. But number two, we did something very unusual, which is every Republican got up and left walked out of the hearing room when they began to vote on the subpoenas. And the reason we did that is we denied the committee a quorum. Under the rules, have to be at least two members of the minority party in the room for the committee to be able to conduct business, and so we left and denied them a quorum. Now, Durban, the Democrats don't care if they're following the rules, so he just voted with only Democrats and then he announced that the eleven Democrats had voted, so the subpoenas would issue. But if and when anyone tries to enforce those subpoenas, the lawyers for the targets of the subpoenas, the lawyers for Leonard Leo and Harlan Crowe will undoubtedly argue that the subpoenas are invalid number one because they violated the two hour rule and number two because they were issued without a quorum, and that for all of the Republicans to walk out and deny a quorum is something extremely rare and it is indicative of just how how much the Democrats are abusing their power right now.
Speaker 1: And Cina, I also want to ask you just about this double standard with them come after Kaerance Thomas, but completely overlooking some of the major ethical problems that some of the Democrats should have to answer for, especially on the Supreme Court. Before I do that, though, I got to tell you about our friends at Blackout Coffee. I do late nights like tonight, and early mornings. I do radio at seven am, and I there's one thing I look forward to in the morning, and that's a good cup of coffee. Not just a cup of coffee. I want a good cup of coffee. Well, if you like a quality cup of coffee, then you're gonna love Blackout Coffee. Why because well, number one, they're an American first coffee company. Yes, this coffee is one hundred percent of America and zero percent woke. Blackout Coffee is one hundred percent committed to conservative value, So you're getting rid of that prospect of giving your money to another woke coffee being company. You know the ones I'm talking about, from sourcing the beams to the roasting process, customer support and shipping. Blackout Coffee and bodies true American values and they accept no compromise on taste or quality. That's what I'm talking about, is that premium coffee. Now here's the cool thing. You can try out Blackout Coffee right now by going to Blackoutcoffee dot com slash verdict, and you're going to save twenty percent off your first order by using the coupon code Vertict. So go to Blackoutcoffee dot com slash verdict, use promo code Verdict twenty percent off your first order. You can check out all of their incredible gift ideas for Christmas. So if you have a coffee drinker that works with you, you need to give them a gift or family member or stocking stuffer. Go check out Blackout Coffee and save big Blackout Coffee dot com slash verdict. Be awake, not woke, that's Blackoutcoffee dot com. Slash verdict, use promo code vertict. You know. One of the issues I think here is also the fact that when it comes to ethics complaints, Democrats, they came after Karence Thomason will never stop. But there's even headlines don't have to look for them. One of them is the Associated Press. Supreme Court Justice Sato Mayor's staff prodded colleges and libraries to buy her books. That would be a major violation of ethics.
Speaker 2: Right. Well, we've seen from the Democrats a complete double standard when it comes to the so called ethics standards. So everything they're accusing Clarence Thomas of doing, of of taking trips, of going going flying on private planes, of traveling to give speeches or go to go to some swanky resort. Everything that that that Clarence Thomas did. The left wing justices did too. Stephen Bryer did so. Ruth Bader Ginsburg did so. Sonya sawt to my or did so. Stephen Bryer flew all over the world on planes of left wing billionaires and the Democrats. And to be clear, the Supreme Court's ethics rules allowed both of them to do that. They were both complying with the ethics rules. And so what the Democrats are doing here is they're playing a game of gotcha, which is they are attacking Clarence Thomas for doing the same thing all the other justices are doing. And they're ignoring the fact that the ethics rules that govern justices allow them to take those trips. And it is their objective is it's not complicated. They want to smear, they want to destroy Clarence Thomas, number one, but number two, they want to delegitimize the Supreme Court because the Supreme Court is the one major institution in Washington that the left right now does not control. And even worse, from their perspective, the Supreme Court is holding the Biden administration to account and forcing them to comply with the constitution and with the law. And the radical left doesn't want to comply with the constitution and the law. So this is a political effort designed to attack and tear down the court.
Speaker 1: And part of deal legitimizing the court. Final question on this is if they can delegitimize it, then they can pack the court and say that's how they're going to fix this illegitimate court. How concerned are you that that idea and dream could become a reality in the next five ten years, because it seems that they're really focused on this idea of all, right, well, if we don't have the numbers, we'll just pack the damn Court and then bam, we remake it. Now we're in charging to do whatever the hell we want to do.
Speaker 2: The Democrats are one vote away from having the votes to pack the US Supreme Court, so the Democrats tried to end the filibuster. The filibuster is the requirement that it takes sixty votes to pass major legislation in the Senate. Forty eight of the Democrats are willing to end the filibuster. They are only two who refuse to do so, Joe Manchin and Kirsten Cinnamon. By the way, Mansion's not coming back. He's announced that he's not running for reelection, so one of those two will be gone. And if the Democrats go from forty eight to fifty and Kamala Harris is still the vice president, they will have the votes to end the filibuster. They would do so, and one of the very first things they would do is pack the U. S Supreme Court. They would grow the number of justices from nine justices to thirteen, so they could immediately appoint four radical left wing justices who would then overturn landmark decisions protecting free speech, protecting religious liberty, protecting the Second Amendment. If they are able to pack the Supreme Court, they have the potential of doing permanent damage to the rule of law and to urine my constitutional rights.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and something we're gonna have to watch certainly in this election. You this presidential election, you're coming up and remind people these are those reasons why it's so important to actually go out and vote when we see low voter turnout in presidential areas. Always, I always say, go back to the Supreme Court, and you look at what we were able to accomplish with Donald Trump and Supreme Court nominees. It was incredible and that as a legacy that can be there for decades on. In finally, let's talk about something that was really fun. I think, and I googled this, but I got inconclusive data here, Senator. I think that you had your silver screen debut with a new movie that has come out, Lady Ballers. It is a Daily Wire movie, Lady Ballers, and it's making everybody freak out, which makes even more fun in the media. And they're saying you're now starring in a transgender film, which really made me laugh when I saw that headline. So talk about this debut of yours. Congratulations movie star. I guess we can put that on the resume, right, This is pretty cool?
Speaker 2: Well, it was very cool. So last night I went to the world premiere of the movie and it was in Nashville. The name of the movie is Lady Ballers and it was put out by the Daily Wire, and it's a comedy. It's a really funny comedy. It reads it's an awful lot like Dodgeball. It's kind of the same sort of slapstick. But the script is really well written. It's got a terrific cast. And the premise is that you have five guys who won the Tennessee State high school basketball championship and twenty years later, they're all kind of down on their luck and they decide they're going to compete as women's basketball players and dominate women's basketball. And because of today's woke ideology, if they say they're women, they get praised as as beautiful and brave and and it I gotta tell you the script is, it's just really damn funny. So I went. It was in a big theater in Nashville. The theater was packed. Everyone was cracking up, laughing. Uh, there are a whole bunch of cameos in the movie. Now I have a tiny cameo. So so I'm in the movie. I have two lines. But but it was fun. I flew to Nashville while they were filming.
Speaker 1: Hold on, hold on, how many takes it take you to get it right? That's that's the real question, if you've gone pro here in the movie world.
Speaker 2: Well, uh, they probably had me do about twenty takes of it. Now, I don't know that. I don't know that I screwed it up nineteen times. But but they kept telling me, Okay, do it again, do it again, do it again. So I did, did, did, did a whole bunch of takes of it. And it was a ton of fun. I flew in for one afternoon and shot the scene and left it. But it was a blast and and and it was really cool. And I will say the movie. Look, this is something we've talked about. That is something I talk about at a lot of length in my new book on Woke. The chapter on entertainment, Entertainment is enormously consequential, and I talk about in the book on Woke, how how the the radical left has killed comedy. Late night TV shows are unwatchable and in fact, ironically so Jimmy Kimmel, I blast in the book and I talk about how, you know, instead of like actually having real humor, we now just have angry leftists standing there screaming, I hate Donald Trump, Donald Trumps the devil. Ironically, Jimmy Kimmel took that excerpt from my book and he read it his monologue, and it was it was actually even funnier. Kimmel then following it up by having a drag queen read excerpts of my book to little kids, which was as much as I said, it was unfunny. That was actually kind of funny that.
Speaker 1: He did that.
Speaker 2: I got to laugh at that. But look, entertainment is powerful, culture is powerful, and comedy is powerful. And what I was happy about this movie is is that it's it's really funny. I mean, it's it is. I mean, as you know, I'm a huge movie buff. I love movies, I love comedies, I love I love you know, laughing and cutting up and having fun. And this the movie. I would recommend it to everyone. It's and I'm glad to see. Look, the Daily Wire is investing a lot of money and trying to compete against Hollywood producing good content, and that's one of the critical tools we have to do if we're going to take the institutions back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's so important. And you look at just it's not just that when these come out that we support them. And I think that's the point you're making is Look, go watch this movie and support it, because if we do, then we get to make more of them and others will be inspired when you see people that are trying to fight back in spaces that are really hard, like Hollywood, and they put something out that's on Netflix. That's something that's that has made for our audience and conservatives, make sure you support it because if you don't, the left will continue to beat the living crap out of us in the entertainment industry and they do change hearts and minds. I mean there was a there. I mean when you ran for president, I'm sure you saw the data likability and if Hollywood's behind you, and if you have famous stars behind you, I mean, the Democratic National Convention is not about the politicians. It's about the movie stars and the mood and the music groups that show up to entertain the people watching on TV. And they beat us at that game. And that's why it's so important to get behind movies like this.
Speaker 2: Look, I think that's exactly right. The movie also has a bunch of different cameos in it. So Ben Shapiro is in it, Jeremy Boring is is actually one of the stars of it. At Walsh is in it, Clay Travis is in it, Riley Gaines is in it, Jordan Peterson is in it. So so there are lots of of cameos that that are are are really fun and and and well done and and like Matt Walsh plays basically this like hippie dippy character, who's who's really funny and and and Shapiro has just a quick little snippet but it's hysterical what what Ben does in it, and and that it was one of the fun things. And actually, for for Verdict listeners, uh You're in my dear friend Michael Knowles the the the uh my original co host on Verdict, Michael actually has a pretty sizable role in the in the uh in the movie, he plays a he plays a TV actor, and and he's got you know, in in in in the movie, he's got like a little mustache that he wears. And and so I I saw Michael, I saw everyone at the premiere last night, and I was giving Michael enormous grief, saying, you know, you really need to keep that stash, Michael. I mean, it really does kind of. It has sort of a B level porn star actor look like the you know, I said, Michael, you're rocking the Ron Jeremy look. And I think it really it's worth continuing. Thankfully he had the good judgment not to follow my advice on that front.
Speaker 1: I loved it. There was a picture he tweeted out of when your date night gets hijacked to a third wheel with you sitting next to him last night having a little fun at the premiere. It was a lot of fun. Make sure that you take a look at this movie and support concernatives when they do this. It's so vitally important. You're talking about, you know, standing up for what you believe in. And if you're a guy and you are sick and tired of feeling like you've gotten a little bit older, maybe you feel like weakness and complacency of set in. You're not alone. Testostrum levels have literally fallen off a cliff historically, and they're now in all time low. Now, thankfully, the patriots at Chalk are here to help real men just like you, take back your right to proudly maximize your masculinity by boosting TESTOSTERM levels up to twenty percent over ninety days. Yes, twenty percent over ninety days. Now, I've been taking the Mail Vitality Stack and it's manufactured right here in the US of A. Chalk's natural herbal supplements are clinically proven to have game changing effects on your energy, your focus, and your mood. So if you're ready to fight back and not give in to the weakness that everybody seems to be obsessed with, then check out Chalk choq dot com. Boost your TESTOSTERM levels up to twenty percent over ninety days. Go online to choq dot com, a's choq dot com, check out the Mail Vitality Stack and use the promo code Ben for thirty five percent off. That's right, You'll say, thirty five percent off right now for life at Chalk choq dot com promo code Ben Don't forget. We do the show Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and a weekend recap on Saturdays. Make sure you share this podcast please wherever you are on social media. It also helped us tremendously reach new audience members if you write a five star review for us wherever you're listening, So if you would do that, it helps us reach more conservatives and more people that may not be listening to this show. And as always, Monday, Wednesday and Friday we do the show, so that subscribe or follow button and on those in between days download my show the Ben Ferguson Podcasts. I'll keep you up to date on the breaking news in between those days, so download the Ben Ferguson podcasts as well and The Senator and I will see you back here for the weekend review on Saturday