Speaker 1: Hey, thanks for listening to the Conveno and Rich podcast. Be sure to catch us live every weekday from five to seven easterns to four Pacific on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: Find your local station for Conveno.
Speaker 1: On Rich at Foxsports Radio dot com, or stream us live every day on the iHeartRadio app like searching FSR. Oh yeah, well, I hope someone christer Keista for Easter. I hope everyone had a happy Easter weekend holiday weekend. If not, just hope you had a Joe Adell, Deontay Wilder Women's UCLA basketball sort of weekend.
Speaker 2: Bro, you know who's happy about that? Big Mic?
Speaker 1: I love? Oh yeah, I congrats the big mic and all the beautiful women well of Ucla. I am sort of bummed about once Soto. Oh yeah, it's out ten games. Huh. But you know what, Hey, we're gonna have fun here. We're gonna have fun on a Monday. There's a lot to get to, but I'm gonna start the show a little unconventional today. Oh boy, I have two deep thoughts that I have nothing to do with sports, But the whole show is unconventional of all. Right, let's rock out CNR on fs R Oh and by the way, something else I want to get to on today's show is one shining moment, the best culmination of all sports. You know, it's such a legendary moment. I'll just leave it at that. Okay, we'll get to that. I think the song needs an upgrade, though we don't.
Speaker 2: Want to sing it. Got smack.
Speaker 1: I don't know what you are. Yeah, yeah, that'd be dope, so mumble rep No. I know that's part of the Truth's sexy sexy. Ryan's here, super producer Danny g and our favorite no offense to Dan Bayer. Of course, clip that and play for Dann Bayer next time, guy, I said, respectfully.
Speaker 3: No offense, said all the right things.
Speaker 1: I said, I love Dan Bayer the most, but yeah, our favorite Manti. What's like saying no offense but like, you know, all the right things. All right, Thank so, thank you guys for being here. We have unconventional Covino and Rich on the way, but we're broadcasting line from the Fox Sports Radio studio. And if you miss any of today's show and you want to catch the podcast, search Covino and Rich. You know, podcasts still matter even though we're all about Hey, watch us on YouTube as we stream live watch us on YouTube anytime at Covino and rich FSR. I'm pulling up the live chat and let's go, man, let the wild rump Ist start. We got the championship tonight, bro so already have built in Monday night plans number two yukon number one Michigan, and we're super pumped about it. In fact, with one game left to play, make sure you check out the Fox Sports Radio Bracket Challenge at Fox Sports Radio dot com.
Speaker 2: That's where our hosts compete against.
Speaker 1: You guys are listeners and right now listeners Jason oh Oh and Matthew k currently at top of the standings in first place. Remember the winner gets one thousand dollars send a gift card. Ben Madler is still in first place for his as far as host go. If Michigan wins the title, either Colin or Martin Wiese will have the bragging right. So hey, listen, you know what someone's gonna win tonight, and it's all sponsored by our good friends at WEE Bowl. It's time to get your financial portfolio game ready with we Bowl. Get powerful investing tools and real time data in one platform. Get started today, by downloading the wee Bowl app or visiting we bowl dot com.
Speaker 4: We both Financial LLC member SIPC FENRA Investing involves risk. For more information, visit we bowl dot com slash disclosures.
Speaker 1: Nice one shining Monday. I hope it's been a fun day. If not, let's get it going, all right, So one shining moment. We'll talk some NC double A, we'll talk some baseball, and White's a solid number two. Maybe I shouldn't say solid number two. That's you know what everyone's saying. What does baseball and Rich Davis have in common? Solid number two? Bro, Not that you're number two in life, but I know your bathroom habits. No, uh, and we're gonna talk about Giannis and uh. He looked at me like I'm number two, You're in situating you're number one. You know. Maybe this is tam I but Rich will leave during commercial and come back.
Speaker 2: Sorry a terrible digestion.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm like this minute session for this guy.
Speaker 2: Get a better diet.
Speaker 1: I know. But I want to start the show with two things that have nothing to do with sports, and that's the fun of our show, right. We don't need to force it. I saw super Mario Galaxy with my kids over the weekend, And I just want to let it be known any grown up, any adult doing a critique of this on Instagram or TikTok as if they're analyzing some type of Academy Award winning film, honestly, you should bang your head against the wall. I bet your Ryan's that type of guy. I actually agreed with Rich. Okay, guess what.
Speaker 2: Ask me if I like the movie. Ask me if I like Mario Galaxy.
Speaker 1: Did you enjoy the movie? Guess what my five year old I'm sorry, my six year old son and my eight year old daughter did, which means I did.
Speaker 2: It was a fun movie.
Speaker 1: I ate popcorn.
Speaker 2: I sat there. It looked beautiful in Imax.
Speaker 3: Hold a little.
Speaker 1: About the plot line if you're worried about the plot line of super Story. Huh, but it's everywhere everywhere where, you know, adults have this crazy opinion or expectation for a kids movie. Even Roger Ebert dot com say that mediocre at best. Hey, it's breaking April records. It was the number one movie in the world this weekend, and it's for the kids. Like, why are we expecting more than that? It's absurd? Number one observation adults, you're embarrassing yourself by criticizing Mario. Galaxy hail Mary. Project tail Mary number two a solid number two as a result. Well, speaking of Project hail Mary in outer space, we're talking about all the dumbest things. You see headlines like, man, you see the Bachelorette, she says she's going for a really tough time and it got canceled f maybc A. She's living hell on Earth after all the backlash of being canceled, all the bunk headlines we see on social media and like tweets going out by politicians, all this craziness that's going on.
Speaker 2: Can I give you four names?
Speaker 1: Sure? Read Wiseman, Christina Koch, Victor Glover, and Jeremy Hansen. You're like, who are they?
Speaker 2: Are they Chipotle workers or no?
Speaker 1: These are the astronauts that have now gone further into outer space than any other humans, and no one's making a big deal about it. They are seeing things that no other human eyes have seen. You know how I know you're right because you're the first guy I've heard even mentioned that stat to me. They're the first. Is that a fact? It's the furthest mankind has ever gone. They have gone further into outer space than anyone in the history of our planet. And you heard it here first from Rich Davis, and we were talking. We're talking about Savannah Guthrie going back to the Today Show and how the Bachelorette's really said, and how you know tonight's a basketball game. If we lost complete sight of the fact that it's pretty damn cool that we.
Speaker 2: Are in outer space farther away than ever before.
Speaker 1: I didn't know that. Am I nerd about this? You don't think that's right cool? I think it's amazing. I actually have been following it, but I didn't know that little fun fact anyone anything. See look again, give them, give them their due. Read wise with good guy Christina Kotch, lovely Victor Glover, who handsome, handsome fella. Oh and Jeremy Hanson. Jeremy Hanson, what the coolest Hanson?
Speaker 2: But I guess we'll get to baseball.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 6: I think that's amazing, dude. But in this time, it's not being done in a television studio.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like that's legit. I mean what they're filming over in Burbank. That's pretty cool, man, That is cool. That's big news. I guess the point is it's a shame that Rich has to be the first one to tell us because of all the nonsense that we're flooded with on the daily. I'm saying, I have not heard that little fun fact. If you know all the other updates, then Montie, you're a little you're a bit younger. But if you were a kid in the eighties and nineties, actually more eighties, so you're you're you're out.
Speaker 3: I am out.
Speaker 1: But there was a time where every kid was like ships and wanted to go to outer space.
Speaker 2: There was like space camp. Kids would be like, what do you want to be when you grow up? And like an answer would be like, I want to be an astronaut.
Speaker 1: And then they had the challenger that blew up and it was sad and kids cried and teachers cried, and I think since then it was like, yeah, I don't know where we like spaceships anymore.
Speaker 2: If you grew up in that time, that was like the coolest thing.
Speaker 1: There was definitely like ten kids in your classes said I'm.
Speaker 3: Going to be an astronaut.
Speaker 1: That was definitely do you sound like it was like, honestly, Millhouse was on to something. It was you know in lostith Luster it was before we were born, but the Great Space Race and you know, US versus Russia, who could get someone on the moon. This is like a really important narrative for a generation herself. It was actually the Great Space Coaster. Yeah, and then then you know, now all of a sudden, fans start out to twenty twenty six like yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's like the eighth headline.
Speaker 1: It's like, oh, yeah, by the way, we're like further into outer space we've ever been. Oh you know, I saw more criticism on the equality of the photos of Earth compared to the last time we got those photos. That was more of a headline than what you just said, Like, why did we lose photo quality of the Earth? I think, uh, and it's operator I think their iPhone had a little smudge on the camera.
Speaker 3: No, that we actually used.
Speaker 1: Digital photos and a certain time of the year as opposed to Actually, you know what they forgot the last time they took the photo that the trick my wife does. You got to put in portrait mode upside down. You got a better photo that way. They yeah, they just didn't do that. But hey, let's move on. It's Fox Sports Radio. But I just think it's fascinating that with all the headlines of you know, Baseball's back in a big way, ABS challenges, the Bachelorette this there's a million headlines, and buried amongst that is that we are further away than we've ever been, more people complaining about Super Mario than talking about how cool how far we've gone. As mankind, I'll be honest. Proof is it, by the way, is a studio. But if you're in the studio, you're complaining about Super Mario kind of life losers seriously, but truth is proof is in the studio said no one word on it. Manzi's like, that's cool.
Speaker 3: I guess I didn't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I didn't know.
Speaker 3: I mean I knew, but I didn't know that.
Speaker 1: And Ryan played au sound Effect nerds, So I just don't care. I got bills to pay, man, but I but I'm just saying, like, is it the proof? And I just feel like I made my point though, Yea in the studio, I look around him and he's like, Yeah, that's that's the cool. I guess.
Speaker 2: Human beaks are further whatever. Let's talk about baseball on the eye l.
Speaker 1: Now I'm excited. Let's talk about that. Yeah, ten games Man.
Speaker 7: Austin Reeves is out.
Speaker 1: I know, be guys, someone's like further away and out of space than they've ever been before. But do you want to talk about what's Curry's return mean for the warriors?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: When the Aliens come, then I'll be excited.
Speaker 2: Is that what it is? I don't know, Like I feel like we're so desensitized.
Speaker 1: That might be we went from you know, the great space Race as you describe it, to the nation that cried aliens, and then people get tired of that, right, people get telling about space stories after a while. I'm thinking there might be something to that, like, oh, yeah, great, where do we find nothing? You know, Oh, what's up there? Nothing? Okay? And then you're bored? You know, so people, we've done that so many times. Oh aliens, Ah, it's not aliens, all right, whatever, Then you just get tired of space stories. So maybe we have space fatigue, you.
Speaker 2: Know, how this becomes a story.
Speaker 1: The only way we care is if all a sudden we find out, like, would you believe in outer space.
Speaker 2: An affair?
Speaker 1: Women up there? No way they hooked up in outer space? What is that if you saved that last night. Actually, if you thrust against someone so they just keep going, Yo, man space space ass if there was space, so you gotta hold on tight, ma, people would care. People would care. If there was a reality show We're sending the losers to outer space or the winners or somebody out of space, then people would care.
Speaker 2: So I saw a reality shells.
Speaker 1: If there was a show called dating in space, then we might care. I saw a show. It's like a dating show on a on like a yacht. And when so it gets kicked off, they have to walk a punk love overboard. See I know that, but I don't know the love overboard. I know the fun fact.
Speaker 2: Maybe maybe if they kick people.
Speaker 1: Off the space ship one a time, they have to just float into outer space and they're gone, like sorry, wo men live nowhere?
Speaker 7: No the as their age after they hook up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think we would care. You're actually sixty, but honestly rich. That's the beauty of sports, though, I mean it does distract you from the news sometimes, and most news is whack news. You mentioned you mentioned not actual bombs, but f bombs on Easter and terrible tweets from the president and things like that, right, crazy, like baseball and sports and fighting. NBA takes you away from all that, and sometimes you need that. I mentioned Joe Adell sort of weekend Deontay Wilder sort of weekend college basketball, Like these are all distractions. I'm not saying keep your head in the sands, stick your head in the sand. I'm saying that some times you do need that, though, And sometimes when you got a lot of things going on, you do miss a lot of these things you talking about, but it is important. So I do want to I do want to talk baseball. And you said, Joe Adell, what do you think? What do you what do you think the odds are of someone even getting three home run robbing opportunities, let alone catching all three, and not on top of on top of that it being the significant reason why your team.
Speaker 8: Won zero because fans don't know how to behave Like the fact that everyone got out of his way, to me is the bigger story, right, Nobody got in his way and it wasn't even close, It wasn't even on the edge. People were literally like all right, everybody, they're Mariner fans nearby.
Speaker 3: Everyone got out of the way.
Speaker 8: The picture of him standing by himself with the ball in his gloves.
Speaker 3: Standing up and no one near him.
Speaker 1: From the perspect that shot, have you seen that? It's honestly, it is almost like an award winning shot. Not sound corny, but and by the way, way clearer than the picture of the moon. That's yes. No, But but that fan shot or whoever it took picture of him by himself.
Speaker 2: Dude, you got an excuses, so well done?
Speaker 1: Well done, is right? I mean, when you factor in fan interference, when you factor in the probability of three just about home runs are being hit in your direction, then you got to catch him, like that's a billion to one, I would say. But well, so three in one game. People are going to hire soon, but not even get that opportunity. I think Tatis was it. Tatis had four last year, the entire year. He had three in one game. But on top of all that, I'm saying, even like that, for all that game could have been a blowout in either direction. The fact that those home run robberies meant something as well. So what a wild weekend. And by the way, talk about like full circle moments. There's a low light reel of Joe Adell where he has multiple opportunities where he reached out, had the ball and dropped it over the fence, or bounced off his glove went over the fence. He got his total redemption this weekend. Unbelievable. What the world we live in? Someone has his low light reel on standbys all over the place. I don't know how they put it out. The internet always wins, but he was that guy. When you see the clips, you're like, oh, yeah, that's right. This poor dude totally redeemed himself for the weekend again. Moments you practice in the backyard and dream about. He had three of them in one game. That's unbesievable. I'm more impressed by that than the what was that stat again? You said? He I already forgot furthest We've.
Speaker 2: Got to paid four people in out of space.
Speaker 1: The furthest we've ever gone as humans.
Speaker 6: And this is this is the Angels, which makes it more impressive. They couldn't get their flyover right for two years in a row. The timing was off of their flyover that made news over the weekend, and then their team president threw out the first pitch and got booed.
Speaker 7: Horrendous food.
Speaker 1: That was the other story. Yeah, apparently the fans will care about winning. Boom yeah in the.
Speaker 7: Stadium played music to try to drown out the booze.
Speaker 1: Apparently they do, and they were pumped about that, and we got some really great photos, like Mancy said, of those moments. You know, I'm not giving this any juice. But there is a side story too, all over social media where people are confused because there's no specific rule that tells you, like, what's the call on whether or not they catched a ball but they fall over the fence because technically the ball still went over the fence, should that be or could that be a home run? In that case, it's always an out.
Speaker 3: It's an out.
Speaker 1: He caught the ball, but he never came back in he fell over the wall. But I'm saying the casual fan, look, you gotta be real. We have baseballs number two, right, So we have a whole slew of casual fans that are confused by this. They're like, but could shouldn't that be a home run?
Speaker 3: And I'm with you, Yeah, it's not a question.
Speaker 1: Did your hero Derek Jeter dive into the crowd to catch a ball, caught the ball but fell into the stands. Yeah, that's true. Yeah, but a home run a home run is is what something that goes over the wall. I don't know. Maybe, like I said, maybe it's new fans confused by it because there's so many young and new casual fans. If you catched the ball and you fall over the wall that way, it's always out. Dude. You act like this happens all the time. I saw I saw highlight once. I saw a guy in Japan run through the wall. But you act like we have a whole like a lot of highlights appearing.
Speaker 2: When the guy's head. I saw the guy's head go over.
Speaker 1: The wall that they can. He's pretending that like there's home run catches that go over the wall that happened in Little League one time. But people the other time, people confused by this are morons that don't know the rules. With you, I'm telling you that this is like a big side story all over the place. I'm not making it up. I don't get moron alerts. Well maybe I haven't. Maybe I need to reset my algorithm. Maybe your algorithm needs to be more sophisticated about moonlanding. Yeah, I guess, says the guy who I mean every time I look over his shoulders some girl with some weak ass dance moves. Listen, because my algorithm is ash Cheeks, the Mets and forty nine ers, space space ass and astronauts, astronaut. You're an ass man, oh Rich, No, he's just he's an ass man. My algorithm is embarrassing, Ryan. Honestly, I'm just my favorite sports teams and like girls at my wife's like you felt like she calls the scissor all ai, I'm like, maybe, but they're good looking. The thinking is, if you're going to catch a home run like your feet got a land back into the stadium or something like that, I completely agree with you. Like, yeah, I'm gonna say there's a lot of people confused by what happened and what they saw there. Promise you. And when you're on the ball doing the bull scroll later and you see all these people that are saying that, you can be like, oh, like, maybe he was right. I'm just telling you what they're saying. I didn't think it. I watched baseball my whole life. I'm like, nice, I thought that was amazing. Well, speaking of baseball, here's what I want you guys to think about for a second, we're going to come back and take all your feedback. Most interactive show on FSRU today. You also got people that are expecting Citizen Kane out of Super Mario. So people have weird expectations and weird ideas about what should be. I know, Bowser's character didn't have the same character arc as a Shawshank redemption exactly. So you have people with these crazy expectations. They're not going to know the MLB rule book when they're witnessing something that, honestly, we've really never seen before. You're acting like this as if we've seen this a million times. I medical site. Because we talked about home runs and going over the fence. There was a there was a college kid who the ball bounced off his head and went over the fence. I'll lah remember when the ball bounced off Conseco everybody, but this was even worse. It bounced like boying, like like a trampoline, like twenty feet in the air.
Speaker 6: Yeah, if you haven't been that one before the warning track, before the warning track, it.
Speaker 2: Was like a routine fly ball comino. He lost it.
Speaker 1: I feel like the guy had a a trampoline on his springhead.
Speaker 3: McGirt.
Speaker 1: What was that guy's name? Springhead? Eh, Springhead? And it went over the fence. I don't think i've seen it, so you know, I'll show you that during the break. But here's what I want to pose the question, speaking of baseball, Baseball studies have shown and we're going to read these studies. When we come back, we'll give you the details. Baseball is now secured in that number two spot behind the NFL. There's no doubt what he's talking about, no doubt that the NFL is king by far number one. It's like leaps and bounds the NFL number one numero uno. But for a while it felt like NBA number two baseball number three. That switcheroo is abundantly clear. Now it also felt like NBA had tons of momentum and baseball was slowly declining. Now it's almost the exact opposite. Why switch spots? Why the switcheroo? What is your reasoning and thought process behind this? Why is baseball back to number two? And why has the NBA dropped off? Honestly, when we were saying it, I feel like we were getting some crazy feedback on that. And now, as of today, the Athletic, The New York Times, Who Walt Weiss, the Daily News? No, it was Carney Lanceford. Ah, they've started Carney Lansford, the Athletic, Corny to the Athletic. Who Dennis Eckers. No, but now everybody's talking about it because it's undeniable. I think the momentum of the WBC and the ratings talk with that really propelled that story and gave it some juice. Cavino has a theory. I have a different theory. Let's hear yours. Why is baseball overtaking the NBA for that number two spot?
Speaker 2: We'll get to that.
Speaker 1: Plus Yannis Janie today trying to get NBA back to number two. Jannis is saying something out loud, as MONSI said, These are like inner thoughts when a star player says something out loud and you're like, I'm sorry, say that again.
Speaker 2: Oh you're really saying that. Yanna said something.
Speaker 1: That will make you question what's going on in the NBA, Big time, big lee. So we'll talk to baseball, some NBA and of course, tonight your championship game.
Speaker 2: March Man. This culminates tonight.
Speaker 1: All coming up right here, Covin and Rich Every sports season is built on preparation, studying the trends and making the necessary adjustments to reach the ultimate goal, and investing deserves the same approach. With weeb you have access to real time market data, advanced tools, and an intuitive app designed to help make informed decisions, whether you're actively trading stocks, options, ETFs and more, or planning for the long term with your family. You got iras, cash management custodial accounts for your kiddos. Wee Bowl gives you the tools to invest your way, all on one platform. Looking to take your preparation to the next level, check out wee Bull's learn resources and join their in app community fee to discuss investing trends and happenings alongside twenty five million users globally. You say, happeningspening, and Now you can streamline your trading activity and elevate your strategies With Vega that's their AI market assistant. You can get real time analysis, watch list insights and alerts when earning strop So get your financial portfolio game ready by downloading the Weeble app today or visiting wee bol dot com.
Speaker 4: We both Financial LLC and member SIPC fenra investing involves risk. For more information, visit wee bule dot com slash disclosures.
Speaker 5: Fox Sports Radio was taking over YouTube and you can be a part of it. Just go to YouTube and search Fox Sports Radio. Hit that subscribe button and smash that notification bell and catch all the videos from your favorite shows. Two Pros and a Cup of Joe, Dan Patrick, Colin Cowherd, Stu Godson Company Live, Cavino and Rich, he On a Couple with Rob Parker and Kelvin Washington, The Jason Smith Show with Mike Harmon, and The Ben Maller Show. Fox Sports Radio on YouTube.
Speaker 1: Subscribe, hit that thumbs up icon and comment away. By the way, I'm Steve Cavino, the only guy in the studio that jumped over the flagpole. Rich actually fell right on the black tack pole, landed right on it. I jumped over the flagpole and Super Mario Brothers true story. Yeah. I think it was a glitch maybe, but I did it.
Speaker 2: Predictable. Rich asked first on the flag poles.
Speaker 1: Actually, I'm glad you found the bunny. It was a joke, it was a fact. It was true.
Speaker 2: By the way, Yeah, if you're Vino and a Rich on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 1: If you're criticizing Super Mario Galaxy as a grown up, you're an ass clown. And if you're not fascinated that there's four astronauts that have gone further than anyone else, you're also an idiot. We're gonna talk NBA and mL being a second, I'm getting feedback. We're streaming live. You could watch us live at Covino and Rich FSR on YouTube and Mark Morgan five five five two says no offense to Cavino me, but I'm a Rich Davis guy, So I mean people are on you. I guess good. Say Mark's a smart fell Scott, Yeah, I think Mark, Uh, where's a nevermind? I can't even say that. Colin in Canada, you're where's a helmet around town? Helmet? I was gonna say, uh, he's wearing one as we speak. Scott Fremy or stee Low, everybody chiming in live, Alex Sanchez, Wes, Colin and Canada were streaming live. We're chatting it up live eight seven, seven ninety nine on Fox. We are going to play trivia later for prizes, and we'll get you ready for the championship tonight. It's one shining Monday, and you know, I just had another epfany. I was in the bathroom and I saw another video. A lot of the controversy is when it comes to robbing a home run. Rich, you're keeping the home run in the ballpark. With this one, you and the ball left the ballpark. And I'm telling you, casual fans just can't wrap there goes this rule because I'm setting them up, you bonehead. Let me talk so Joe Adell Rob's three home runs over the weekend. Casual fans are confused by this because there's a gray area in the rule book. Right, they're just this and they're busting out. Well, it says here, it doesn't the gray area will be let's say Aaron Judge just playing the outfield. Yeah, if he hopped the fence, walked up to row G and just hung out there and caught a fly ball, that's a home run. He went there and caught it. But if the ball carries you over the fence, it is a home run. So when they always has a speculation on stuff like this, now it always has been the guy fell over the wall. That doesn't happen all the time. Territory with a home run, you're keeping the ball in the park. There is a little bit of a difference because there's a lot of convincing arguments. And when you come back tomorrow and you tell me about it, I'm gonna bop you over the head with your croc because I'm telling you what they're saying on social media. I'm not saying that it's right at all. I disagree with them, and I'm telling you what's going on with all the speculation on rules and different changes and upgrades and changes in baseball, that's making it number two a solid number two. After the NFL, Joe Girardi presented something interesting too over the weekend. Over the weekend, Trent Grisham sort of buckled his ankle with an awkward slide at home and he says, when they change the rules, what I really think they should do is you just have to graze home plate because it's not a raised base. Why should you be required to sort of touch that base. You should just graze over it, just like you're going over the end. You know, what he's talking about is the equivalent of what they usually do in senior softball. Yeah, like it's hard to touch that bag when you're sliding side over it.
Speaker 2: In senior softball. I know this because I'm not a senior.
Speaker 1: But before we play baseball softball at the fields sometimes you'll be a line like a chuck line right by home plane.
Speaker 2: I'm like, what's what's that arbitrary line?
Speaker 1: And they don't expect your your you know, your seven year old dad who's playing old guy softball, to slide or get away, so you just reason you never touch on play, you just have to pass. That's what they're well, he was speculating on because you know the one rule, the other rule that they might add next after robot umpires. They're doing it in triple A baseball now is the check swing, and they're using the foul lines to determine whether or not you broke the plane. You know how they always did he break his wrist, break the plane? Did he crossed the plate? Now it's did you cross the foul line. So if you're a right handed batter, the foul line facing the first base line, if you cross that foul line, then it's an automatic strike. Interesting in the Canaar saying that they want to implement this, there's a bunch of moving parts in baseball, it's all working to their advantage and maybe that's why it's a solid number two. All right? Why is baseball leapfrog which is Covino's favorite game to play with his buddies when he drinks good one, bro? Shut up? Why has baseball leapfrogged basketball? And I have a theory, and my theory is simply nothing that baseball did as much as what the NBA is failing to do. And I think there's nothing Manzi before you found the love of your life and Sean your boyfriend. You ever go on a date with a guy that on paper look good but you're like, for some reason, I'm just not feeling them.
Speaker 8: Yep like it.
Speaker 2: He's handsome, got a good job, like am I not?
Speaker 8: Yep?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 1: I think the stars of the NBA, WEMB, SGA, some of the younger stars, they're not doing anything wrong, but you just can't force love.
Speaker 2: It's like a record label back in the day and music.
Speaker 1: They could go to radio stations and be like, here's our hot new artists, you gotta play their song. The artists aren't connecting, is what. But if the artist's not connecting with the audience, and no one's requesting that song.
Speaker 2: I don't know what to tell you.
Speaker 1: So I think it's a combination of the NBA just having a hard time connecting these young stars to the fan base. Doesn't it feel like it happened like this, like it happened quick. But because we were everything was dumping on baseball for a minute, we always defended it. Everyone loves to say load management and this and that and too many teams to the playoffs, and those are factors. But I think the fans are not connecting to the stars. And number two, My reasoning is pretty simple.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're you're reasoning.
Speaker 1: Oh, I'll say it good. This sounds really dumb, and I get it. That's fine. But when it comes to baseball, right baseball. I know that if it's the weekend, the Yankees are going to be on in the afternoon sometime. I know where to find them, how to find them during a weeknight. I know they're gonna be on at night. You know it's pretty each on the Guests Network. They're gonna be on the s nowork with this and that. If their off is gonna be a Monday or a Thursday game, they're gonna be off with the NBA. There's no consistency that I could that me personally, I could follow. I can never find a game like I could. I never know really when it's on and and maybe there's a pattern I'm missing, but I can't get a firm grasp on when when to catch the game or how to catch the games. It sounds dumb, but I agree insistency isn't the same for me. I agree with Cavino. Once the baseball season starts, Let's say you are a Red Sox fan, They're gonna play every day except a Monday or Thursday, because those are the designated off days in baseball, and they'll be on what is it nesson or messing in Neston, the Mets on s n Y, or the MLB app every day unless it's a Monday or Thursday. Those are the designated baseball travel days. Your team's either gonna or are they playing every day. Let's say the Clippers, monci, I have no cliff they're playing today tomorrow. If they have two days off and they're playing that is it gonna be on NBC? Is it on ESPN? Is it on the local affiliate? Like the schedule is a little it's not as consistent. It's not as easy to follow, like you know when your team is on.
Speaker 3: I mean, I hear, I hear what you guys are saying.
Speaker 8: But I also think it's because you're not really NBA fan, like you don't have a team. I know, I know when the Clippers are gonna play. I know I'm gonna watch them.
Speaker 1: I mean, I know how to find out right.
Speaker 3: But I know where they're gonna I know where they're gonna go on.
Speaker 8: And I know what you're saying that there is no rhyme or reason, especially this year now with NBC with Amazon Prime, there's like every every day is a different network.
Speaker 3: I hear, But I think it's if you were like a if you're a.
Speaker 1: Diehard fan, if you're like a big time Celtics fan, you know how to find, you know how to find.
Speaker 8: So I don't know if that's it, but I think it's a lot of stuff and it does seem out of nowhere. But I think baseball has been on the rise since even last year with the changes that they made of shortening the game.
Speaker 3: I think it's easier to.
Speaker 8: Watch highlights of baseball on social media than it is to watch maybe NBA highlights.
Speaker 1: I think the players have become a little more celebratory and even, Like I said to Comino, I said, but honestly, in a season and a half, we've seen a full one eight and roll rebearsal between MLB and NBA. Rich always clowned on me as a joke, which is a huge baseball fan too, But he would say, I have the sports interests of an eighty year old white guy. I like boxing and baseball, right because his should be burt and he smokes a cigar. Baseball slow moving and boring, and you know, and all of a sudden, just like that, these minor changes has everybody sweating baseball again. But the thing is, it's it's hard to put your finger on it the same way. Like, why is Sidney Sweeney the hot check? Right?
Speaker 2: She's good looking, but there's a ton of good looking girls.
Speaker 3: No, but she's also hot.
Speaker 1: She's talented. But what I'm saying is there's a ton of good looking talented people.
Speaker 2: Why her? Like sometimes you can't put your.
Speaker 3: Favor two reasons?
Speaker 1: Why but you don't she the only one with jubbos?
Speaker 3: No, but there, but she there's not many that.
Speaker 2: Look like her.
Speaker 1: I said to Cavino, I said, s g A right, he's electrifying. You know, he wears cool outfits.
Speaker 2: Great player.
Speaker 1: Why why like why the disconnect for some fans. Meanwhile, show Halo Ton. He's like a polite tip in his helmet, like a good But like is show hey that like amazing? He's just a great player. But we're all drawn to show Halo time. I think I think the Dodgers being great. I know what I'm saying personality wise, he didn't.
Speaker 8: Even speak English, so he does when he talks to Cameron Brink.
Speaker 1: I know, but what But what I'm but what I'm saying is I think you can't explain it. Some things are un inexplainable. And I think right now baseball's popping and that you can't really describe and things going cycles. But as of today, like we said New York Times, the Athletic, a lot of people were saying, man, it's solid ratings are in it's number two after the NFL. Your reasons why we're gonna get to your phone calls next?
Speaker 8: But enough Fellas the news of the day comes out of college basketball. It's not the astronauts, it's North Carolina finding their next men's basketball.
Speaker 2: Okay, hey, Carolina has got a new head coach.
Speaker 1: To ignore the fact that four people have not been furthering out of space than anyone.
Speaker 3: Else, It doesn't matter.
Speaker 8: It is that Michael Malone is going to be the new Tar Hills Ahead basketball coach, leading the Nuggets to their only NBA championship in twenty twenty three. And of course, the title game is later tonight between two seed Yukon and one seed Michigan. It's all tipping off from Indianapolis at eight fifty pm Eastern time. When it comes to the NFL Giants, all Pro defensive tackle Dexter Lawrence has requested a trade. He will not be participating in the team's offseason workout program that opens on Tuesday.
Speaker 3: In Major League Baseball, yeah.
Speaker 8: Mets have placed Swansto on the ten day I out with the CAFs train that he suffered Friday against the Giants. He's expected to be sidelined two to three weeks.
Speaker 3: Right now.
Speaker 8: In baseball, the Rays we have not seen baseball at trap at Trepicana Field for five hundred and sixty one days. The Rays lead the Cubs for to three after six innings and For over forty years, Tyra has been helping customers find the right tires for how, what and where they drive. Ship fast and free back by free road hazard protection with convenient installation options like mobile tire installation tyreq dot Com. The way tire buying should be in Guy's Angel Reese is on the move. The WNBA star is headed from Chicago to Atlanta.
Speaker 3: The sky have traded her to the dream.
Speaker 1: Back to you, guys, Hey, thank you belanyo Sam. By the way, DraftKings sports Book. Can we tell you about that number one sportsbook for live betting. It's bill formarch right now, use our promo code see our show and claim your special offerings at DraftKings. Again, that's code see our show at DraftKings. The crown is yours. All right, So we're going to get to all your phone calls, all your feedback sound good. And by the way, can I give you guys a trivia question. It's a really good one based off Monsey saying, who's the new head coach at the University of North Carolina Michael Malone. Michael Malone, who is a former NBA Champion champion. Yes, only one other time in NBA history has a coach won an NBA title and then went to college basketball?
Speaker 8: Who is it?
Speaker 1: So the answer, and your phone calls, yeah, why the hell?
Speaker 5: Not?
Speaker 1: All right? All right, we'll do that, and of course we'll do some trivia, give away some prizes.
Speaker 2: All next right here on Fox Sports.
Speaker 1: Radio, Cavino and Rich and everything can turn into a moment. In AUGUSTA DraftKings Sportsbook, America's top sportsbook for live betting, has actually owned from the first t shot to the final putt, so you could react in real time. Oh man, I'll go stop Augusta. I'd hate new sportsbook. Customers betes five buckeroos. If you win your bet, you get three hundred and bonus bets. Instantly download the DraftKings Sportsbook AP Now use our code see our show. That's called see our show. Turn five bucks into three hundred and bonus bets if your bet wins. In partnership with DraftKings, the Crown is yours gambling.
Speaker 9: Problem called one eight hundred Gambler or one eight hundred My reset New York call eight seven seven eight hope n why or text hope and why Connecticut Call eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org on behalf of Boothill Casino in Kansas. Wager tax passed through may apply in Illinois twenty one plus in most states. Voiden Ontario restrictions apply. Bet must win to receive bonus bets which expire in seven days. Minimum mods required. For additional terms and responsible gaming resources see sportsbook doc, DraftKings dot com, slash Promos limited time offer.
Speaker 1: It's Cavino and Moonboy, Moonboy, Rich Davisonboy and. For over forty years, tire rack has been helping customers find the right tires for how, what and where they drive, shipped fast and free back by free road hazard protection with convenient installation options like mobile tire installation, tire rack dot com, Way tire buying shit. It would be hey, dude, yeah, I know you are about to be further away from the planet ever before. Tell me more moon Boy. But Blake Lively, uh, you know got burned in or lawsuit with Blake with Justin Baldoni.
Speaker 2: That's what people worry about, dumb things.
Speaker 1: It's Vanna Guthrie's mom. Yeah, I feel bad Aboutory though.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: All right, Hey, baseball a solid number two and we're going to tell you why in a second, But it's time for our tire Raq play of the day. The A's the athletics walking it off an extra inning yesterday. I pray you to the plate and the pitch.
Speaker 6: I'm going to drive the deep left field of its parents over get took in the corner.
Speaker 7: It's gone.
Speaker 6: Brett Rutger with a three run shot in the A's when it's twelve to ten.
Speaker 1: Hey, that was courtesy of Talk six fifty kst E, a's radio network. That was our tire Rack play of the Day. For over forty years, tire Rack's been helping customers find the right tires for how and where they drive. Ship fast and free back by free Road, has a protection, convenient installation options like mobile tire installation, tire act dot com. The way tire buying should be all right. So we still got trivia special guests up in buying giving away guests, so stick around for that. What's the answer to my trivia question?
Speaker 5: Do you know?
Speaker 1: Does anyone want to take a swing now? So you said Mike Malone, new head coach for the tar Heels, but won an NBA title with the Nuggets. Has a guy ever coached an NBA champion and gone back to college. And it's happened one time and one time only, and that is Larry Brown with the Detroit Pistons went to SMU like a decade plus later. So not an easy answer, but it's not the first time. I Mike, I wonder if that has ever been done. And one other time someone could call themselves an NBA coaching champion and then they go coach back in college. It's a pretty sweet fund said. In football, you see guys go back and forth a little more in the NBA in college hoops. I feel like I haven't really seen success on both ends. And that's this proof right there, only one time. Now we're looking for the proof that baseball is a solid number two over the NBA, and we'll take your phone calls, ratings prove it right. Why is it the WBC? The fun fact there, It pulled over ten million viewers and I don't even think most people even knew of the tournament. I felt like I had to explain what it was to so many people and overhype it. Yet it caught the world by storm and pulled in over ten million viewers, had more viewers than six out of the seven NBA Finals games last year. So give me that momentum carried into this season and now we're seeing all the changes. People are excited about it, abs system, people are talking, there's a big buzz and it's popping. Give me the rivalry in the NBA that matches some type of bird magic or Steph versus Lebron or Lakers Celtics, because there were a rival now, like if I said, wemb An SGA, there's no real bad beef amongst the best teams in like a conference.
Speaker 7: Right the longest time it was a Lebron versus Steph.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then we saw that play out in the finals year of the year at the year and you know, Lebron had that one amazing comeback.
Speaker 6: But I don't know your thoughts. Who do we got Danny g All right, let's start in upstate New York. Ken is on the way.
Speaker 10: Hey Ken, Ken, gentlemen, how are I A couple of reasons I think is for is One is baseball has gotten direct together as far as time, pitch clock, other things, just moving the game along a little more. You know, sitting down for three three and a half hours. People can't do that you sit down for two hours or so a little more doable. Yeah, and I think we're as far as basketball. I think you've got to go back to college, right, you're talking about all of the nil and all the all that is encompassing. People are in different teams every year, you know the portal. Everybody goes to different team. So you can't follow the players, and you can't follow them into the colleges as much as you used to. You know, you have was in one college for for three years or two years even at least you got to know that person and you could follow them into the pros. Now they scatter and it's like, oh, well I used to know him when he played for Syracuges, but I don't know when we plays for you know, LSU.
Speaker 1: It's a great point, isn't realazing too, that just those minor adjustments made the world of a difference for baseball.
Speaker 6: A pitch clock, Uh, do we have time for one more phone? Yeah's Austin. You gotta be quick twenty seconds.
Speaker 11: I was just going back to the being out of bounds whenever you catch the home run. Yeah, y'all, I didn't I didn't hear y'all. Bring up foul bows happens more often and has never been complained about from what I've ever since.
Speaker 1: Right, the only difference here is that you know, with the home run robbery usually bring the ball back into the ballpark. And again, like I said, I attribute this buzz to overspeculation of the rule book from casual fans that are like confused by it.
Speaker 2: Best defensive gameame ever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it's saying We've got more Coveno on Rich next on a Monday at Fox Sports Radio Hangtime