Speaker 1: Big bang. What it is?
Speaker 2: You don't be on nothing, I be on okay, So let me ask bring you big big facts. Visit the new website today, Big factspod dot com line for.
Speaker 1: The Trap Music Museum.
Speaker 2: It's time for big Facts with Big Bank Baby j DJ Scream my special guest today, representing a lot of hits, a lot of hits, a lot of hits.
Speaker 1: You got a book call behind the hits. Just give it up.
Speaker 2: A drummer boy on Big Facts today.
Speaker 1: What's up? What's up?
Speaker 2: What's up?
Speaker 1: What's up? Drummer man? Welcome, welcome, long time coming. How you're doing? How you doing? Man? Listens, man, blessed man. Good today today, I'm Big Facts.
Speaker 2: By the time we get to the end of this, we will be popping it with you, for you, however you want to do it. So let's just let's just do this rundown and some of these hits before we get to talking about books and stories and behind the scenes.
Speaker 1: And you know, it's started in Memphis.
Speaker 3: They think, you know, a lot of people think I'm from Atlanta, but it started for me in Memphis at the gate.
Speaker 1: Yo, got it?
Speaker 3: When you see me, shoty, pop your collar, then you holler, desk, what's up?
Speaker 1: What up? Drama? A what up? Mama? I went to Teylor. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: We did the Tennessee Titans anthem. A lot of people don't know the Titans came to Memphis first. When they came, we did an anthem form I being unifying the city for Hateta Yo, gott it against the boat, Teylor Maroue and Slice Tee Little Brother all on the same track.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Tennessee twenty three's I Keep it Clean Maine, Tennessee in Atlanta, good good ad. You know what I'm saying from Taylor passed a truck callin Nigga.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: First song I did for him strip club, So I think he said that here somewhere. So so try was your first Atlanta or Georgia?
Speaker 1: Yeah? First, that was eight thousand, four thousand to beat. You know what I'm saying. There off in this game, and I did Pop.
Speaker 3: There puss it make him get that money right, making goet that money strip club anthem.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying, You gotta pay me. You know after get it. I'm nineteen. I ain't even all enough to get in the strip club.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying. I plug up with my manager Squeak. You know I met him through insame way. I r peat big Bro, I met Jazzy Fade. Noontime the whole era started doing shit with Jody Breeze and they're stacking paper with Slim Thug. Then Block calling nigga like man, you know we got a group drum.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. No, we got a group boy in the hood. Now I got g I got mine, Joe de Bree, big dude, gee, all of them. You know what I'm saying. Pull up? You know what I'm saying, pull up? Or do look and I do trap niggas. You know what I'm saying. Jeez and Joe de Bree going back conversation, Jesus go solo. I do standing ovation. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: At the gate, first patinum Platte, then we do White Girl, the Implies call I do Shaty feature in t Pain, then Rocco Caller, do I'm gonna do me? Drake collin the Blue, I do money to Blow just before he was even getting into the music, So you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Two chain call. I'm running around. I'm getting it.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying, August, I've seen no love feature Nigga Minaj. So it's really been just about the phone call man and delivering.
Speaker 4: Well, let me ask a question, right, So, since you just talked about Rocko, do people ever confuse you for him?
Speaker 1: Because y'all nigga just like Man, I get this shit much. I just rock right old. I get this so much.
Speaker 3: His grandmama Cherokee. You know what I'm saying, We got an Indian in our family. So her grandmama Cherokeey, my grandmama Cherokee. Maybe it's something to do with that.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. We can thought everybody call it cuk he with everybody.
Speaker 2: Uh, we'll be seeing these crazy numbers like producers cashing out of their catalogs. That's some ship you think about doing, or you might.
Speaker 3: Do crazy evaluation on my catalog. Okay, but I'm not thinking about selling. So I was just curious as to what my ship would you mean?
Speaker 1: Tell me, ain't no number that drummer can hear? That'll make him? Man?
Speaker 3: I see, I like what Metro did. He sold a portion of his catalog still walking away with about you know what I'm saying, something like that, you know, fifty fifty up, you know what I'm saying, But a portion is like he still maintained some of that, still get to enjoy some of the money while you are alive. I'm saying, you only live once. You know you might not see that one hundred million until you ninety.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. Your kids and your kids kids will be able to eat. You know what I'm saying. But you know you want to.
Speaker 3: You want to be able to invest in and do some things while you while you're young.
Speaker 1: For show.
Speaker 2: So it's about it's a thought. Okay, Yeah, well you got enough. We got a lot to think about it, which is a good thing.
Speaker 1: Heavy that's like a dissertation.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, So you made all your meats yourself, or you got the team or how you do it?
Speaker 3: Man, I got all my beats myself. No hands, I made in front of the whole room. You know what I'm saying. I put on fifty percent, no hands, fifty percent. I'm gonna do meet fifty percent here right, I am Rick Ross.
Speaker 1: Here, I am I got a lot of dollars my own got that shit. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: We take a nigga from a T shirt to a TUXI though, you know what I'm saying straight up, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: It's about the fashion, it's about the look, it's about the vision, the whole package. With me, I ain't just no beat maker. There's no hands, just just keeping the ribs. No hands. Your biggest record, that's Diamond, ain't no bigger damon. There you go walking walking cold as a single.
Speaker 3: Like you would hear about albums going down, but it's rare you hear a single go down. This one song, you know what I'm saying, all produced by me. Everybody who's in the studio session might shut out to Gucci man because it was really a celebration for him coming home. Was that supposed to be a Gucci beat first though? No, I was doing abnormal. Gucci had the a room, so Gucci he just getting out of jail. He ain't got time for you to make no beat from scrap.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I need you know what I'm saying. So I already had a folder with Walk and Bam. The first time we did was the first day out. Then we did anything I do ab normal normal, everything I do abnormal bound he in the studio dropping it jeer the a room.
Speaker 1: All my equipment plugged up in the b room. So I walked back in the b room.
Speaker 3: It's yl A recing Roscoe uh Lord Banks, man, everybody, it's a party, everybody you know, just liqual were turning up. You know what I'm saying. Gucci just came home, you know what I'm saying. So, Bam, I go in the room.
Speaker 1: I can't barely I could barely even touch my keyboard.
Speaker 3: Or it was about fifty people anybody who's been in the password b room, you know how small and gonna pack their motherfucker probably forty fifty people in them off for I hit them.
Speaker 1: It made never like what and I just cooked up the beat.
Speaker 3: Bam and Roscoe Dash was literally like one of the only people paying attention. Everybody else will partying, talking, toasting, talking shit woo.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: I see Roscoe Dash over like, I'm like, what you got bro? The bo you know what I'm saying, Like, this ain't my session though, man in the boot. As soon as the man opened up his mouth on his mic. You know what I'm saying, girl, drop it to the flow.
Speaker 1: I love the booty.
Speaker 3: Literally everybody female started dancing.
Speaker 1: Ooh what's this?
Speaker 3: Once the female jump on it right, you know what I'm saying, walker like, And you know, it was just a moment, you know what I'm saying. It just came about while we was partying and kicking it, you know what I'm saying. So I think once you put the egos aside, won't nobody talking about no money and how much I'm getting paid.
Speaker 1: For the beat or you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: It was just a moment where we're just in there, cooking and just doing what we do best, and shit, we got greatness.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: One of the coolest thing about producers is that y'all got the stories. Y'all got all the stories. So in your in your comfort or outside of your comfort zone, give us one of them stories drawing like one of them crazy stories from the studio or man or some shit.
Speaker 1: Like the craziest story. And for me, this she just mat still.
Speaker 3: I could think about it, like yesterday I go out to Miami fucking with Gucci producing. You know, everybody like man, we can't.
Speaker 1: Get Gucca to record.
Speaker 3: We can't get Kuca to record, so they fly me go out here fuck with Gucci. I did like maybe four five beats.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. He picked some beats. Blah blah blah blah.
Speaker 3: Man, he give me the bread for the beats and everything, you know what I'm saying. And Ship, I'm like, Nigga. We in Miami just today. I really want to stay longer. But what the flight that they booked me on booked me to go back to the airport photo shooting. This one we did a mouthful of gold photo shoot was one of the first time we did. That's another sport, but in this particular moment, we did Ferrari boys.
Speaker 1: Oh fucking mouthful of goals. I'm working. It's right before the return of Missus six and man, we in the lab. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: The line that did all the music. We probably did out three folk songs. I'm going to wait to the airport. I get to the airport, Gucci called my phone, like, John, where you at. I'm like, sh I'm at the airport on you booked me to fly back to it, so you just gonna leave You're just gonna leave it now. You just I mean, you're just gonna leave Miami like that. I'm like, you booked the ticket, gucciy. I ain't trying to leave Miami. Sh I come right back right now, Yeah, John, come on back, bring the money with you.
Speaker 1: Come on, man, it's gonna leave. You're just gonna leave me like that. Damn here. You know what I'm saying, Bring the money with Yeah, bring the money.
Speaker 3: So so so, I ain't gonna say the amount, but I didn't already made three bank stops because I ain't gonna get on the plane, so I don't. I didn't put something over in the bank over here, and then put something over the bang over here, and put something in the bank over here.
Speaker 1: Get to the airport, guta like, man, where you at?
Speaker 3: No, No, you ain't finna leave. Come on back, bring the money with you. So there, I stopped bagging the bank pulled it back out. Stop of the other bank.
Speaker 1: Pulled it back out. Stop the other bank pulled it bag out.
Speaker 3: Get to the studio, Get to the were the cabana were staying at the cabana.
Speaker 1: Full bedroom, John, I got a bedroom. Anything drum playing. I just want you to.
Speaker 3: I just want you to, you know what I'm saying, Stay long, man, cook up some more ship. So literally we finished the whole return of Missus six, as well as a few songs for walking and whatnot.
Speaker 1: But that ship was just like what finish? Say what I do?
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying, I ain't out the Beatles, just somebody I might have left a sound out anything. I'm like, what the fuck going on? That ship was crazy and we you know what I'm saying. That was during the period where Bro, I think somebody slipped the mickey and drink.
Speaker 1: It's just all kind of little ship going on.
Speaker 3: So couldn't nobody get Brother record and it and it gets some of the music out of him.
Speaker 1: I think I love you know what I'm saying, some of them songs. It's just like classic.
Speaker 3: Like as a producer, a lot of people don't understand what we gotta do, how hard we gotta work outside of making the beats. So we might have to go to a strip club get in the right move for the song were about to make it.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: I got to listen to his whole life story about him and his girl and what they going through and we figured out a way to put it into me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you know what I'm saying. But that was that was one of the craziest moments right there. Who would you put yourself with? You know how.
Speaker 5: When they put you with an artist as a producer, like, oh, that's that's who they made, Like that's Peanut Butter. Who would you put yourself with? Man? That's tough, right, Darren Man, Because I'm like that with everybody. It's just about how consistent they are.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. I wish I could have done that more with Roco, Me and Roco.
Speaker 3: Just the chemistry what we was making first song I'm Gonna Do Me, followed by Tomorrow Snakes, I did the whole album pretty much, you know what I'm saying, And just the chemistry.
Speaker 1: How hard the Streets was on us.
Speaker 3: I say, east Side Jody too, that's my nigga, my dog for life. I was out here rocking the free tokat Ike shirts. You know what I'm saying, Like east Side Jody's just the chemistry we had and what we was doing for the streets, you know what I'm saying. Classic of course, Gucci h I fucked with you know, Gucci and daff.
Speaker 1: Like the same person to me. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: They boach it, man, they gonna ask you what you want to eat, what we're gonna eat. We're gonna get fool before the sision and smoking down and just have fun. It's a lot of laughing and jokes and talking shit, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: So you man, I rock peat Dolph. You know, me and Dog got a lot of legendary shit too. Who worked the hardest man, who worked the hardest man that I've seen a lot of.
Speaker 3: Me and Jesus ship was just on meet and grease. It'll be like I pull up at the at the at the sheer gas station and get him a CD and then he gone. So I never really saw Jezy work process like that. But I would say it's a hard between Gucci and Dag, you know what I'm saying. But I will put I will say this though, God, they one hell of a work, you know what I'm saying. Just how he didn't just songs and songs and songs and songs and songs and songs and songs and songs like and and learn how to market and develop and move and operate a business, you know what I'm saying, and turn their hunted into almost one hundred.
Speaker 5: Vie, how you managed like stay out in the middle of but be in the middle like Jesus and could be into a dolphin and god, it could be into it, but you still work with everybody all at the same time in the.
Speaker 1: Height of it, Like how you I am Memphis.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I can't represent one half of anything number one, number two, that's between what y'all got going on.
Speaker 1: I'm just the business man. I'm just the dope boy, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: Even like with Jesz and Gucca, Like how niggas niggas like didn't get in their feeling like, man, fuck me Forcusus to how they probably do other niggas.
Speaker 1: What you think you did to make niggas be like what ship bro? You fuck with him for? With me? We fuck with you. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: I think it's really how I handle my business and the importance of me and my spirit my soul, like niggas need me. Yeah, you know what I'm saying. So I'm uplifting a nigga. I'm I'm I'm your coach and so to speak. So it's almost like what you're gonna do to Phil Jackson. You know what I'm saying. You're gonna get mad at him. You gonna have problems with him. You see him doing what he do with COVID.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. But but come on, Mike, that ain't you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: It's like this, This is what I do is co coach, you know what I'm saying, and develop and uplifting, enhands and motivate and bring us together something This some shit y'all.
Speaker 1: Had going on.
Speaker 3: When I met y'all, y'all was cool. When I met God in Dolphin, I came up with got It, you know what I'm saying. Daph was nine or ten when I was doing That's what's up for got It, you know what I'm saying. So when when I first seen y'all together, Damn, y'all was cool. So a lot of that, really, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: It's like a big part of it too, is just that you just stayed out of it, meaning us in.
Speaker 3: You gotta know how to move for show. I'm definitely not rocking niggas changed.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: It could have been a time where I could have got seem changed or I need change. The same for Dolphins and paper Rock change. But I'm always been rocking DSR and Drum Squad did is Pete Drum Squad Productions.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: I always had my own movement and this is what we got going on. We're gonna do business with y'all, nigga. This is what we got going on. We're gonna do business with ya nigga. Same with J Prince.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. J Prince had a bag on the table before a nigga.
Speaker 3: Man have signed a rap a lot, you know what I'm saying, and put them rap a lot of chains on.
Speaker 1: But man, man, I fuck with you, bro. I fuck with too many people. Man, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: It's like college. I ain't finna this fret wanting nigga, This fret wanting nigga. This's fret wanting nigga. I'm cool with all y'all the varsity basketball team wanting nigga. I'm getting too much money to play basketball. I had D one, D two scholarship. You know what I'm saying, could have played football, could have ran track. Like, Bro, I see this money. This money ain't got no no no emotions.
Speaker 1: You see what I'm saying. So the emotional who you fuck with? Who? You? You can't talk to me about that? And that's why.
Speaker 3: Ain't nobody that your place to get in that? Yeah, and it ain't your place to talk to me about it? Right what you're gonna say to me?
Speaker 1: I'm nigga, know what I do? Gucci? What's what's that player about? Gucci? Like, hey, drum, I ain't gonna lie drawn my nigga of this Jesus straight up.
Speaker 3: Like that's how funny Gua Like I put on I can't. I can't run from it. Like here where I go, they playing.
Speaker 1: I put on drunk. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Even when I'm in the club, it's like like Gucci funny like off the same way.
Speaker 1: So you know what I'm saying, Like, niggas keep it playing.
Speaker 3: Man, I'm built from some different you know what I'm saying, Man, I repeat in same way.
Speaker 1: Man, I learned so much from my big bro. You know what I'm saying. We fuck with who?
Speaker 3: Fucked with us, the niggas who fuck with me, So you got an issue. I can't cook that nigga.
Speaker 1: I just cooked with you. I got going on and the nigga.
Speaker 3: Being real and lord of me paying all the time you feel then y'all come around to be cool.
Speaker 1: And now I'm looking like exactly, Yeah, it'll never go down with me like that. Yeah, I agree that they said anything else when I got big.
Speaker 2: Another thing, man, you always keep like you, you move and you never in the blog or tabloid nothing like we we We're not gonna know who drummer dating, none of that ship like how you flying to the radar.
Speaker 3: Here I'll be posting my girl. Now you see who I'm dating. If you go through my Instagram, I shut the eye for sure.
Speaker 2: But I'm just saying as a whole, you never kind of you're You're always into mixing you outside, but you'll never be in no bullshit. I guess that's what I'm saying. Man, you just gotta keep it real with yourself. Man, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Like I made a promise with myself at thirteen fourteen, I understood my purpose and I always said that I'm gonna serve the Lord in a way and spread.
Speaker 1: The love because that's the gift that he gave me to bless people.
Speaker 3: I'm good with just getting with the cruel people, telling them what they need to do with woo woo woo.
Speaker 1: And I can just I don't know, I just got to give for this shit. You know what I'm saying. I can feel a nigga spirit. I can tell a.
Speaker 3: Nigga, I for a nigga real if a nigga woo just by your justice, just the fact you don't want to look me in my eye, you who might have something going on.
Speaker 1: The woo wo. So I try to help us, save us, you know what I'm saying, and bring us together. Say bro, this shit possible for you. I started making music, nigga, I had every option in the in the in the in the in the world. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: I had every woman I want it in the world. You know what I'm saying, Just on keeping it a buck with who I am and keeping it play up. You see what I'm saying. A lot of niggas want to be something that they ain't. You know what I'm saying, I ain't never came at you like I'm the gangster. I'm now, don't play with this shiit though. You see what I'm saying it it's morals like we had street code, we had motherfucking integrity. You know what I mean with how we came up seeing Isaac Hayes and glad as night in the living room when I wake up.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. But they treating her just like they treat my mom or we in the church.
Speaker 3: Everybody either brother or sister, sister, Jenkins, brother Johns, and Da Da Da da dah. So I treat the whole world kind of like the church. You know what I'm saying. We all equal, we all pumped the same blood. I'm not finna walk around like I'm bigger than you or look at you like you're bigger than me. When I met jay Z, I looked at him like, Damn, this shit possible. When I met doctor Dre or Man Kanye or whoever. You know what I'm saying, I look at them nigga like man, this shit possible. I don't look at them like superstars or celebrities, you see what I'm saying. So it's just a way a Nigga moved, and you know that's that's you know what I'm saying, The cloth for a nigga.
Speaker 5: Cut from like by you being a veteran OG in the game producer, wish the like new artist you like shit I get, I get shouted at juice.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. That's popping right now? Mm hmm.
Speaker 3: Twenty one, sevente twenty one. I love twenty one man, like you know what I'm saying. It just the respect he got for Memphis and the ship he be talking like. We just ain't he don't know me.
Speaker 1: I don't know him like that. We ain't never wene met, But it ain't never been a lock in or a studio time or opportunity to present whatever. What the fuck I do? You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: But it'll be twenty one that nigga hardest ship and he depending on auto tune.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, you know what I'm saying. It's raw. It's that I want the raw ship. You know what I'm saying, The raw and uncut. You know what I mean. That's that's for sure. I think y'all cook us ship real.
Speaker 2: Yeah for five on forward, man, it was two names if he was coming through it through Atlanta, you know what I'm saying. And I did a bunch of them takes with her, a lot of classic music, but it's two names and directed back a little bit to what we was talking about before we got on talking about versus and ship.
Speaker 1: You know every rapper Bank, I think you get something from both of them.
Speaker 2: Wanted a drummer and or Ton just talk about the drummer boys Ay toven relationship a little bit.
Speaker 3: Man, That's that's my nigga for all this time, I thought was younger than me. You know what I'm saying. I just turned forty. I didn't even know they were like you just got that. Yeah, But I was like in a game, I think a little earlier than say.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. But just Zay coming from the church, he understand musicianship.
Speaker 3: So we got to respect for each other just on the music side, like he appreciated she really understand the music theory and appreciation for music.
Speaker 1: So you know, just on that have cooked up a beat together. Yeah, you just posted this ship. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: I started a way cop producers way producer's way that you know, just for us, unifying us.
Speaker 1: We collabed. We do beat battles.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying, o iselves different sounds and kids because it's been False and Food Gates and Druma Boy kids on the web for ten twenty years. So I was like, man, let me take over that and started putting official kits out. So that's what produced a wave about But man, we make beats.
Speaker 1: We did a lot of shit. We did that burn for Curtis and patch work that had passed with True and all of them.
Speaker 3: It was a Tamika Mallory and and uh, what's what's the George Floyd when that happened.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. We did a song, But we do a lot of positive ship for the community as what is for the streets. What you think of having this is friendly talkers. The respect is there. If y'all had to get into verses and get competitive what you think of happened?
Speaker 3: Man, we did that honestly at the b and my A lot of people was there, you know what I'm saying, Drumma Boy versus a Toba, My brother was there, DJ Kilo was there, DJ a Infamous was there. H Man, it was it was a fun moment. Man, it was really a history lesson. Man, wake people up because a lot of.
Speaker 1: People like you did that. Yeah you did? I see why? Yeah, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: You might be you know, you forget a lot of times you ain't keeping up with the tag, or I might just took the tag off just to not be so redundant, you know what i mean.
Speaker 1: So it might be some ship that I ain't got a nigga tag and I'm sitting back, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying, Especially having multiple songs on the album, it's like you got to listen to the track and listen to the track, listen like you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: So at some point you got to change it up. Did David invent the producer tag? No? Hell no, that was just my nigga jay goom man. You know what I'm saying. Who was the first person to have a producer tag? I don't know that that'll be Arguably it was somebody that'll.
Speaker 3: Be arguing two three six was doing this ship from the get go. They letting you know who they is from the get beginning. They tagged with.
Speaker 1: You know what, I'm saying.
Speaker 3: So that's where we get it from. Yeah, you know what I'm your tag came from who my nigga ja? So we in the studio. I was actually the first gangster GRIBs that I did was Blackout Music, Fiona some Mo.
Speaker 1: Rob Jackson, Charlie Hustle, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: And uh, man, I'm out there, God damn in the in the and I was like, man, the only thing I need in Atlanta was just put me in the crib. I talked to CEO, you know what I'm saying, and they put me in this crib out of Henry County, you know what I'm saying, And Bam, we get doing the whole project.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Whoo, and end up finishing the whole mixtape that we got there and ran through gainst the grill, you know what I'm saying. And just that project, that that one project put a nigga in relationships and in places that I never would have thought.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: From the from the from the Fiona side, from Rob Jackson, just being in Atlanta, you know what I'm saying. And that's really what put me in position to get the get the get a little three bedroom crib out here. You know what I'm saying, And bam, it's just man relationships moving around, networking politic.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. You gotta you gotta bet on you man with this ship. I bet on me. You know what I mean.
Speaker 3: I know I'm finna generate the money. I know I'm finna what I'm finna put on the table. So you know what I'm saying, It's just like taking one bag, putting back into myself, taking another bag, putting back into myself, taking another bed, putting some putting back into myself to the point where I seen six figures in the bank. You know what I'm saying, one hundred fifty two hundred three hundred. To keep running that ship up, Buy some more equipment, Stay in tune with the technology.
Speaker 1: This ship uh.
Speaker 3: Trending over from analog to digital, you know what I mean, keeping the software and all the equipment.
Speaker 1: Up to date. Like you know what I'm saying. I think that's that's the secret for real. Which producer you.
Speaker 5: Seem like you know when you already on you look back you see the nig coming up and be like oh yeah, he he he wont the ones he like.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying, Like, you see some ship they doing, like, damn, I ain't think of that. He changed the game with that one.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying, Man, this is so repetitive right now, I'm trying to think in my generation, the people who were making bets who I really like. It was like, okay, the way they catalog was going. As far as they versus ship, I was like, my Justice League, them niggas got them. Niggas had some like maybe maybe, and they all play musicians, they all play instruments. So to me, it was like my Justice League was like more of a threat, you know what I mean. And my they my niggas, they got the club on lock.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. I was like, Okay, the club cool.
Speaker 3: The money that I'm making on the back end ain't ain't the way I see it compared to this radio shit. When I make these radio records like a No Love August, I've seen the Nigga minage or no Hands or you know what I mean I put on for my city or even Shortyplies or even look at my damn. He goes like it's a different kind of money.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: When that shit doing three four five million, it's cool to have a club on lot, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: But man, I need to back again what you do with.
Speaker 2: Two niggas on the same beat and they're really passionate about getting that beat?
Speaker 1: I know the answer. Yeah, that was standing Ovation.
Speaker 3: So we can take it back to the stand Innovation stage and the first time that I actually met Gucci's crazy store. So this when Gucci just came back from Birmingham, you know what I'm saying, or Montgomery. He was in Montgomery Burn, I think Birmingham. He had just came back out there for a minute. He in the office waiting on Big Cat.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. I pull up BIGK, owe me some money for a beat that I sold Young Sneak. Everybody like, man, who you sold the original standing Ovation beat? Big K had an artist named Young Sneak.
Speaker 3: So Bam, that was the first original stand Innovation So to him, I don't even think he released the song ever.
Speaker 1: Put the shit out, you know what I mean? So Bam.
Speaker 3: Six months later after I engaged Jeez the City with that same beat on it, you know, because that's how we market our beats.
Speaker 1: You beat, Yeah, you gotta be all right, first come, first service. Yeah, and then by the time. And that's what's crazy. Young sne ain't even had no hit or the someone put out.
Speaker 3: But that's how much I'm about my integrity, about my reputation, about my name. Like I came in the game, I earned respect first before making money, before doing anything else. Niggas respected me. You ain't finna paint. No nigga, you don't respect you know what I'm saying. So for me, it ain't money power respect. It was it was respect.
Speaker 1: Then the money come, then you've become powerful. So bet so what we're talking about the beat?
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, yeah, so standing ovation bet the original beat. That's all the young snead. So Damn I see uh I see. Six months later, I see a phone call from Giz. I got like fifteen minutes called from Jesus and coach K. You know what I'm saying, I'm on the halo. I'm on the box for a little sick you know what I'm saying. Fucking off, Bamn, like damn, get to the phone, Damn, let me fuck.
Speaker 1: Let me call Coach K. First, coll Coach K. Hey, man, you need to call Jesus. Bro.
Speaker 3: It's a beat on the album and it's Doug motivation one on one. You know what I'm saying the street time, Yeah, all that ship out. This is the hardest nigga coming out of Linda. And you want to be on his album? You see what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: So bamn. I called Jesus. Jesus like, hey, what up? What up? Though? Man? Ship? What's up with this beat? And I was like, Ship, I don't play it for me? I probably got it. He played me, played me to beat my stomach sung. I'm like, oh damn sh Jesus, I saw that motherfucker. Bro. You know what I'm saying, Like, ain't nothing. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: It's like a pound of the work, bro, Sit doest I can't get nothing. They smoke that ship up, that ship gone whatever. How I gonna get it back?
Speaker 1: Shent tell them.
Speaker 3: Nigga were gonna give them a hundred thousand. He was like, man ten twenty fifty, that might win all with the hundred, one hundred thousand. Swear to god, I paid him hundy down for this beat.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. He was talking about, Man, I got jay Z on the beat and everything on them all the man.
Speaker 3: So look, I'm like, bro, listen, man, what's crazy is that I've been telling this nigga. Man I started making beats off of acapella. So that was like a challenge, like, Okay, that's the song on the radio. Let me see if I can make a big beat better than that. Let me see if I can make it be better than that. So every time I seen him and Coach K, like the six times prior to that, every time I see him, I'll be like, bro, give me some acapellas. Bro, give me some acapellas. Bro, give me some acapella. So you're gonna cook around, Yeah, I'm a I'm a tailor. Make the soup around you and make it sound like you. You spit this ship in the bo That's hard, you know what I'm saying. So big now it's an opportunity where you gotta give me the acapellas. But he like, man, all all right, I'm gonna hit you back. I already know what he did. He sent it to another producer. I ain't gonna say the name. He probably say into another another. Producers go to producers. They couldn't come up with nothing, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: So he called me back.
Speaker 3: He said, Man, listen, I turned into album in the morning. So you know I can't send you this. I can't email you this record.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm say. Because he and I already went through.
Speaker 3: The album leaked ship. You know that album ended up getting leaked, you know what I'm saying. So, like shit, you got to pull up and he was at passwork.
Speaker 1: I'm in Stone Mountain. I just got the three bedroom crib, brought my brother, brought Swizzle, my other producer down here and everything. You know what I'm saying. So I like, she I bet I'll be down there.
Speaker 3: And I probably had like one hundred dollars in my pocket at the time, rent paid food.
Speaker 1: And the frieze. You know what I'm saying. Got a little gas. They gas from Stone Mountain to the passwork. That ship ain't no hope, little chunk out of the ship. I get to god damn passwork for real, straight up, I.
Speaker 3: Get to the studio. I got damn get the a cappella. You know what I'm saying, Man, Jesus said a few words.
Speaker 1: He was like, man, you come through for me on this one. Shit, I got you.
Speaker 3: We're gonna do a lot of ship together, straight upright, drive back to the crib. I do a first version remake, take it back to him. He's like, man, you know how nigga be strong on their first beat. Nigga be like, Man, that ain't it, Bro, that ain't And I'm not finna make no be identical to yeah feeling. So I got damn go back, do another beat. Come back, Man, that's closer. That's closer. Eating up, I gotta put a little twin. Let me make it back out here, mine and ship Nigga. The whole ride home, I'm like, fuck this ship.
Speaker 1: I had to do my research. I had to really like as a producer. That's how I learned how to study your artists. I listened to the whole streets is watching. I listened to the whole trap of yeah you know what I'm saying. The one thing I noticed horns. Trumpets. He got the horns in.
Speaker 3: Every fucking song, Like God, damn this niggas mind you gotta do. Put horns in the beat. Jesus gonna go crack. So that's the first sound I went to.
Speaker 1: Damn. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Once that sh sounded good with the beginning of that. You know what I'm saying that she sounds good on him. Yeah, the riskmal fucking history. I took this ship back.
Speaker 1: I played this ship. That was the first time I heard z and Lives live in person. You know what I'm saying. That was like, you did it, nigga. Man.
Speaker 3: That was the first mix that I got with Leslie Brathways, the incredible mixing engineer.
Speaker 1: Shout out to Leslie. You know what I'm saying, that's that's one of the coldest.
Speaker 3: Niggas mixing beats. He didn't mixed Beyonce jay Z. So that was like me elevating into like the NBA. Yeah, you know what I'm saying, it's like the first fucking.
Speaker 1: You're like the upper echelon now like other streets, Like I've been in the street and you know, a lot of the Memphis music they call underground me. Yeah, you know what I'm saying. Shit, we were doing three six.
Speaker 3: She was doing against the boot playing fly against the Black NDO G Prophet posse RP Nick Scoffolk.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying, Fact the death studios, Ah Man, just the shit skinny pimp. You know what I'm saying. Man, they call it lot s MK.
Speaker 1: It's a lot of niggas. Man, just fromt the o G that these was the niggas walking with my brother.
Speaker 3: I'm just a young nigga looking up like Colos brother. I just fucking awarded him and brought him into the music. The Memphis Music Hall of Fame inducted him literally last week.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. I ain't even in the mof for you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: But it's like, man, it's just stepping stones to everything, you know what I'm saying. And the more life that you have, the longer that you are live, the more positivity and successful shit you gonna see, you.
Speaker 1: Know what I mean. So my whole goal has always been to keep us alive. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: The bullshit we aging over man, one hundred million over here, one hundred million over here. Imaginic, man, We'll be billionaires by that if we didn't came together, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: So nigga gotta really pay attention and wake up at the same time. So do you feel like that's the moment you arrive right though? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that first planting the plat nigga, I mean the game in the streets. I am the trap you know what I mean? Like, you know what I mean, coming from trap niggas to standing ovation to you know what I'm saying, that's what's up.
Speaker 1: Yo, got it? Like got it. With the first trap rap, I worked with a lot of people.
Speaker 3: Be talking about people before them and man three six Mafia with trap music and that ug game.
Speaker 1: With trap music and no they not.
Speaker 3: There was Crump music number one number two when trap really like started because trap was a location before anything.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. You had to be about the lifestyle. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Three six Mafia, them niggas won't known for selling weed and selling dope. And they might have had something, they might indulge in something, but they weren't no dope boy.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. Yo, got it?
Speaker 3: Yo got the first project with ninety six, yeah you know what I mean, And then he dropped another project, then he dropped the third album was Life and Able to Be entertainment. There's three projects this mine, damn. You know what I'm saying, don't board rapping, rapp about the white, rapping about the tree, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: And Tip made it popular. Tip took it to a whole other level with trap music. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: You got a label behind you got it. Had to buy himself off of tv T because it wasn't going the right way, you know what I mean. So what I'm saying, So you're.
Speaker 1: Saying, basically, if you had to get somebody who invented trap music, who you think that is? Got it? And he didn't invent it. He just rapping about his life and rapping back his store. But he was the first trap rapper the forefront. But you're saying Tip just you feel like Tip was just smart enough to put a name on it.
Speaker 3: But Tip rap about his life. He didn't even know it was gonna become a joint. But but I'm just saying, at this time, were just telling our story. We don't even know this fit to go from a a location to a genre of music, you know what I'm saying. So God, it was the first nigga rapping about dope, who was really doing this ship?
Speaker 1: Because it's like, you can't be a doctor.
Speaker 4: You can't be a doctor with no patience and not actively performing surgeries.
Speaker 1: And ship like that exactly, you know what I'm saying. And God is ship date to ninety six ninety nine, then I'm serious, was two thousands who the goat producer trapped you?
Speaker 3: I have to say, Man, I have to get that to Tom because a lot of the music that God was doing, God it was was rapping about the trap ship, but he was rapping about it over musical beats and different kind of beats. He was rapping over Little John beats like sliced teeth, Paragun my my brother in San Wayne, like God, it was rapping on acount of beats here, you know what I'm saying. So it wasn't really like a sound.
Speaker 1: Saying he made a sound to it, non fact like the whole t I twenty four run.
Speaker 3: That that nigga just took this playing on even radio station in America, Memphis, one that got it didn't have.
Speaker 1: That opportunity, you know what I'm saying. A lot of.
Speaker 4: Tip was able to commercialize, categorize track music and make it a discussion.
Speaker 1: Same way Little John did Crump music.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying, Because Atlanta's a bigger powerhouse and a lot of the Atlanta artists got labels. So when you fucking with a label that can push their button and have you all across America as opposed to Memphis where we just underground, you know what I'm saying. We mixed tapes, were in the streets and ship when I got to Atlanta. Jesus was a fan with me and God it hain't going on, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: A lot of niggas was.
Speaker 3: Saying, Hey, nigga, that ship you and God it got going on. That nigga knew that in the street, but you didn't know that on the radio until we did a shot song called Shorty. I got White Shot, the Cheap Cheap Price Shoty, my producer Swizzle produced They Beat, and that was one song that got got his deal with TVT, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: So it's and TVT, What's What's How big is TVT compared to a Little Face, right, you know what I'm saying? Or Arioster, you know what I'm saying, A whole different battle game.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean, so it's it's it's like, okay, this get a much bigger push. I forget who John was being me slash being me slash. I forget the label they was going through Universal, you.
Speaker 1: Know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: So you're talking about the Universal Records compared to select those heads, you know what I'm saying, Like, this is what we got a Memphis.
Speaker 1: It was more underground.
Speaker 3: So I think if we had the labels, the sound would have you would have been known about.
Speaker 1: Got it? A lot of people didn't know about God its a CMG. You ain't need I need. You know what I'm saying. You want there from the start to see the transition, to see the growth, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: And even then a nigga having enough money to nigga did a five hundred down dollar deal and bought that five hundred. Here you go, this ain't working. Here go this five hundred. You know what I'm saying. I ain't never seen nobody.
Speaker 1: Do that else when I got.
Speaker 2: There, was never one of your goals just to sign all the hard niggas out of Memphis, producer or rapper type ship.
Speaker 1: I know you have some artists.
Speaker 3: What I'm saying like I'd rather help them elevate into what they are. I could have signed off. I was like, Bro, you got this paper shit going on, Let's build that up.
Speaker 1: That's that's my word. You know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Whoever man z bo Okay, what y'all doing? Money bag? Alright, bet shit, let's build it up. Which'll who's gonna run it?
Speaker 1: Right? Head? I been in this, I beg Okay, what y'all need? What y'all? You know what I'm saying. I always this is my city, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: So it's it's it's about the people that you can make better around you, as opposed to trying to get over on niggas.
Speaker 1: And let me get a piece of this nigga and let me sign it.
Speaker 3: My blessing is here, My blessing is gonna come because I serve him, And that's I feel like that's what separated me from anything, just how spiritual I am and how dedicated I am to serve and somebody that ain't.
Speaker 1: None of you niggas. You know what I'm saying. I serve him, so I'm able to bless y'all. What raper you didn't get a chance to work with that you wanted to j Cole uh man, I really see twenty one.
Speaker 3: Kodak Black mm hmm, Kodak Man, Me and cod I got too much music. Kodak say fun with the niggas.
Speaker 1: That having fun and pee wee the Long Way New Niggas. Yeah what we're doing.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying about their energy. Man, you gotta have energy out there, born as hard as the hardest. You know you ain't got no hustle. Nigga, ain't got no fucking demeanor.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. I ain't I need. The niggas just got their sauce. You know what I'm saying. And it's fun. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: And you can you know what I'm saying, walk in the room and be that nigga in the room. You know what I'm saying, because it takes more than just the music.
Speaker 1: This ship business.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying, God it man, business off business, money man, being in everybody out of you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: It's like a blueprint. You know what I'm saying. You see Jesus, you see Tip.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying, Like Maam, and then once you get the music ship going, you elevating to all the other ship that.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. Okay, I wanted to do real estate. Okay, Roco going crazy, damn you half of.
Speaker 3: I love that real estate drum. And that's I'll be telling Rocko, Man, I wish we could have dropped more music.
Speaker 1: They drop another project. How we're gonna do one album? And this ship was so we love that's my brother.
Speaker 2: We love rock over do y'all think he's ever going to put out this music that he speaks of on his social media?
Speaker 3: Man, he got he Roco got enough for at least a cool five. Rocko could go on the fire you run so mean?
Speaker 1: Why won't he drop it? He got so much music, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: He got some artists rich. It's the same thing with the same thing with east Side Jody, Like you know what I'm saying. He got so much music that my nigga, I love bro love east Side jokey.
Speaker 1: Man, you know what I'm saying. He got the restating for the streets and the cure though.
Speaker 3: Right man, the niggas you're doing what you want to do, so you got you got one likely you gotta do as long as you're doing what you want.
Speaker 1: To do to that your life.
Speaker 4: Because it's like sometimes I feel like sometimes when you're that comfortable, the culture is important, but it kind of it's on the back burner a little bit.
Speaker 5: Niggas just be good at ship that they ain't feel in love with too though, good ship, but.
Speaker 1: They don't really love it. It's cool, you know what I'm saying. But I love this one doing numbers. I don't love this, but she's doing numbers, like yeah, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Yes, And it's like the world might think, yeah, like the world might think that, like you're the best, Like even with this nigga right here, like the world always asked for. Like when you're gonna give us another try out, when you're gonna give us another stop playing, when you're gonna do some more ship, when you're gonna like like like your voice is like unique this and that, blah blah blah. But it was just like he did it and tried it and was amazing at it, but it wasn't really in his heart to do So it's like when it's not in your heart to do it, the passion and the drive that you need to push through to be able to be consistent with it. Isn't there because there's that disconnect because it's not in your heart to do it.
Speaker 5: And it ain't really perfect, you know what I'm saying. Like your nigga probably get up and go look at them houses and ship and to get the contract that ship.
Speaker 1: Probably feel you probably feel something doing that, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: Whatever EJ doing when you wake up, he probably feel that when you do that, you know what I'm saying. So it's like restaurants and ships, like I love this ni how to fuck up in and go do a hobbit that I really don't love. Nigga, m I don't love that rap ship.
Speaker 3: Yeah exactly exact, I get it, you know what I'm saying. Or a lot of niggas don't like how faithy shit is.
Speaker 1: Like this fake I ain't even gonna lie to you, you know what I'm saying. Ship, this ship real month? What's the fake ship? You feel like this ship?
Speaker 3: I think I think just because I'm in a rapper in period in general, you're figuring out some kind of fool gaze is something that ain't really you. You're becoming a part of something that really ain't you you you that's why you got to create a character.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Like Pop was a real smart educated motherfucker, like a lot of people could board the.
Speaker 1: Line nerd or you know what I'm saying. If you knew him from like fourteen fifteen, it was not no street nigga, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: So once you see like everybody looking at Pot like it's street n d oh la la la la la la la lah, ain't he ain't takeable? I feel like all that was a character, you know what I mean, And it was it was aligned with who he was signed to where he had to be like that.
Speaker 1: And then I'm out here with deep West Coast niggas. These nigga don't really know me like that, you see what I'm saying, So they only know me for what i'm acting. Like, let me, God damn show these niggas. You know what I'm saying, and you know my music from back home, but you don't know me. You know what I'm saying. You have all that nigga woo, you know what I mean. So it's easy to go to a whole nother side of the world, and.
Speaker 5: You're gonna act that she to put you in a position too, because it ain't no way like I've seen on an interview, they like ain't supposed to get in no gang ship.
Speaker 1: Ain't the way you supposa got it.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying, Like coming from all the movies he was doing and the acting you were doing.
Speaker 1: And you know what I'm saying, active like put your hands on the game number whatever, you can rip this ship. Hold on, but hold on. This ain't even the nigga. That wasn't even a nigga that took the chain. That's crazy, Like you don't even know the information number one, number two. It ain't even your beef, thank you. Yeah, you see what I'm saying. You just doing this for a nigga that's on your label and he what happened? Why did nigga came?
Speaker 4: That's just like doing something to a maid man like that's a anybody knows that, that's like a no brainer. That's something that you just don't do because you don't have the authority to do so, and it's gonna put you in a world of trouble in the world that you were not.
Speaker 3: In, Like you smack the head nigga like this is the head this man, It's just a lot of like you get caught a character and then now that shit haunts you because of this.
Speaker 1: Ain't really who you is. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: The only reason I speak on this shit man, because I ain't spoken is nowhere. But that shit fucked me up. Even with my brother, my nigga. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: My brother was not no killer. This nigga ain't got not one body. You know what I'm saying. This nigga's a producer. We hear people, We bless people. We do you know what I'm saying. He in the street. You know what I'm saying. He move around in the streets. He a barble.
Speaker 3: This nigga man cut all the top of heads. This nigga was cooking Juicy Jay and DJ Paul and a balling m JG. But I'm thirteen fourteen.
Speaker 1: I'm sweeping her for my nigga. You know what I'm saying. Might sell some dope this and that, man, but my nigga not no killer. Bro.
Speaker 3: And you'll get caught up in a character or like whether it's medication not being having your medication whatever.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: You try to go vatan or you try to stop drinking alcohol. You might try to stop smoking as much, and then that ship your nerves yo. You know what I'm saying, the chemical imbalance. Now you're telling yourself something.
Speaker 1: That you ain't really, you know what I mean. And for you to however, man, that shit just crazy like man threatening and talking and woo woo woo and pull up right here, nigga, woo woo woo like da da da done.
Speaker 3: Man. I get the phone call man from my storemailers are like bro, like man, your brother Man, they got the guns out, what ship?
Speaker 1: Damn hang up?
Speaker 3: Break this shit up, man, bring them in. Before I could even get out the phone. Nigga, three shots you know what I mean. That's how they took on a stupid ass conversation my nigga on some real stupid ass nothing meaningless. We ain't talking about no money, you know what I'm saying. So this shit hurt, nigga. Like, man, what you been doing where you've been at woo. I've been main reviving my family, nigga, making sure them kids and his kids, them folk kids and them folk, grand babies.
Speaker 1: Man, straight as a motherfuler.
Speaker 3: The state started this'n all the money made and we'll go to the kids. Man, they get this ship that she might take you three to five year to get this ship together.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. I dedicated the whole book to my fucking brother, my nigga.
Speaker 3: I will not be here if it wan't for him. So this shit hurt to see. Man, how nigga might gonna step out this motherfucker. Man we get calling that character shit my nigga. I'm here to tell you I'll witness this shit. Bro, it ain't worth it. Be you be who you are and follow your intuition and be true to that. And that shit has may allow me to be where I'm at.
Speaker 1: That real shit, real shit behind it, hiss. Man.
Speaker 2: Want to tell us a little bit about the book, man, Like what's in it? Obviously where they can get it is an audio physical like it was the rundown on behind.
Speaker 1: This mine, behind the hits. Uh. I'm a soundtrack to a lot of people life. You know what I mean. You're gonna realize I did certain songs.
Speaker 3: You're gonna think of a moment instantly and I'm just here to give you the moment behind the songs, the equipment I was using what tackeause I used to, you know, get in position to where I'm at, the importance of relationships, the importance of management, and split sheets for producers, my nigga like making sure you get your percentage percentage. If it's three y'all in the studio, man, y'all made to be together, We're gonna split it thirty three and the third. Or you know, man, we did this beat together. It's two people were going twenty five to twenty five.
Speaker 1: Or you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: If it's guitar players or bass players and you get entitled them to a percentage and just write this you down. Okay, you're gonna get five percent. You're gonna get five percent. I'm gonna take the other forty or whatever the case may be. That shit changed my life. Split sheets, the importance of entertainment, attorney, A lot of shit don't mean shit until you got that a producers agreement.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean? He said he gonna man, fuck that. That's verbal. You know what I mean? What they saying that black and white? Okay, your advance twenty thousand.
Speaker 3: Okay, but if the song go five hundred thousand, you're gonna get three point five because standard producer royalty rate is three points. So okay, if I help you see five hundred thousand copies, I should get escalated to three point five.
Speaker 1: Now, if you go platinum, I should get four. You know what I mean. And once you get in position of putting hits on the board, now you got more pottering. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: You got you got, you got more power to negotiate and say, hey, nigga, I'm putting diamond records on the ball.
Speaker 1: I need five points, I need six points, you know what I mean. So that paperwork is your power. You know what I mean.
Speaker 3: Get you the entertainment attorney. Make sure you start an LLLC. Open your bank account man. For four years, I had all these.
Speaker 1: Publishing checks man, that she added up to like one point eight that I never cashed. You know what I'm saying. That was just sitting in its name. You know what I mean. Off the publishing company that I created.
Speaker 3: I created a publishing company that was created the LC for the motherfucker, you know what I'm saying. So I had to go back create the LLLC, open the bank account, then put them chicks.
Speaker 1: In the bank. Wow, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: So definitely, man, you know, it's just a lot of business tactics, stories of the ups and downs. You know what I'm saying that put us are paying tax. One time I got behind maybe eight years on taxis, Oh.
Speaker 1: Five hundred and fifty. You know what I'm saying, five hundred field me. You got my shit yesterday.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and maam, I had a great attorney who was putting me up on game and saying, hey, you can, you can. You know there's an offering compromise. What's that offering compromise? Okay, well you can offer them the amount of money that you're willing to pay off what you owe and they might settle.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for sure, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: So we started off like, man, I'll settle for one hundred and twenty five. It went to two hundred and I was like, okay, we settled it one sixty seven, So offer this eight years of taxes. We was able to settle a five hundred and fifty thousand dollars tab for one hundred and sixty seven thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: So This is just all on the education, on the game, making sure you got a financial advisor, making sure you got an accountant who's on your team and providing.
Speaker 1: You with your best interest. Shout out to you. Run to you man, sir, right s up. Get that behind the hits. It dropped on the seventeenth though.
Speaker 2: To quick producer talk questions, you're sending the files, and you know rap always want the files.
Speaker 1: You're sending them.
Speaker 3: I'm sending the files just because I want my ship mixed, Okay, I want to give the.
Speaker 1: Best disturbing your art. Yeah, I'm pulling up. I'm at the mix. I'm involved in the mix.
Speaker 3: Before I send the files, my manager and his manager already talking and on the phone with our attorneys and exchanging our attorney information to ensure that we got to produce an agreement. In effect, I want him to drop the music because all my beasts copy written. So you can drop this ship and try to not pay me, you know what I'm saying. But just that's whereever respect came from, but just behind him on my bidding. So either way go, you're gonna have to pay me, you know what I'm saying. Labels know that independent artists know that, and you know what I'm saying, it can get ugly, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: So not paying a niggas not the route to go. I'm not the plug to run off phone. The other one of this, take the publishing deal or nah.
Speaker 3: You gotta be able to fulfill your deal. So if you're gonna take a deal, just turn up to it. I took a publishing deal. I fulfill mine in three years, you know what I'm saying. And it's pool cool money on the back end, you know what I'm saying. And we did an amendment and extended for another two years. I fulfilled just because I'm working. Drake probably see maybe twenty percent of his publishing, maybe twenty five I forget, but it's some other people who get in some of his publishing. Look at how much music he dropped me thinking, nigga, give a fuck I'm dropping. I'm dropping them dropp I rather have twenty percent of a billion than one hundred percent of a million, you see what I'm saying. So you know I'm gonna take a publishing deal if it's gonna put me in a better position. I took one hundred and fifty. My dad had just made a bet with me to man, yeah, you ain't getting no money. He ain't gonna be shit doing what you're doing. My dad from the orchestra. I came up in the orchestra, you know what I'm saying. And when he found out I got kicked out of college that nigga made me a bit. He was like, man, I bet you one hundred dolls. You ain't gonna be able to do what you're doing. Man, fuck that little that ten thousand. I was like, Papa, don't getting money on droveabley. I got songs in it. I did Yo, got it, I did three six, I did this shit woo and was like, man, you ain't gonna be able to buy your mama the house.
Speaker 1: She won't.
Speaker 3: I pulled that ten thowund dollar cads put it on tape. I ain't had no debl call, I ain't on credit call, none of this shit. I ain't even have a bank account, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: And my pub deal.
Speaker 3: I did it for one hundred fifty thousand. That was how I was able to put that hundred in front of his face and say, look, nigga did it too much. Because he either that or he was gonna put me back in school.
Speaker 1: I had.
Speaker 3: I had a six month suspension from University of Memphis. So it's about taking that deal. And like I bet, I was spending a lot of money on studio time, this and that. I bought me a pro tools read. I bought me a computer. I bought me all the equipment I needed for my beats. And now I'm able to dump my beats right at the crib.
Speaker 1: I'm able to do them files at you something.
Speaker 3: Every time I had to deliver files, I got to go book somebody else studio to drop them files or track them files out.
Speaker 1: We ain't have no export on the laptop at that time, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: So I bought the equipment that was necessary to allow me to, you know what I'm saying, take my career to the next level. And we took that one hundred and fifty and turn it in one point five.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean. Good flip behind the hits. Make sure y'all rock with that behind the hits. Appreciate your drummer boy pulling up the Big Facts. Visit the new website today Big factspod dot com co