Speaker 1: Well, this week we have once again asked for your cues to our a's, but now in completely different roles. We aren't the three former child stars of Boy Meets World, partaking in a weekly journey of unpacking our experiences and facing what will undoubtedly be a painful final season. But we are Danielle, the current contestant on season thirty four of Dancing with the Stars, and her two best friends, the dan Yettes. Dan, Yet, what do you want to know about dance from someone who, as of a few months ago had never even walked onto a ballroom dance floor? And how about questions from the TV show Dancing with the Stars from two guys who had never watched it before and still spend most of their waking hours trying to figure out the scoring system?
Speaker 2: Doesn't make any sense?
Speaker 1: Well, you sent them to us, and now it's time to answer some while proudly wearing our dancing shoes. Hilariously, half of the questions we received from listeners were just more detailed thoughts about the way Dancing with the Stars incorporates scoring. But I do think you too have that covered, so we selected from unique inquiries. First, maybe I ask you the Danettes do you have any questions for me?
Speaker 3: And maybe I have some questions for you that we can get out of the way. I have a question, okay.
Speaker 4: When you okay, the pre show package or the pre dance packages.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Do they come to every rehearsal with a camera crew? Are you always on? Basically, when you're.
Speaker 1: Rehearsing the entire time we're there, there is a camera that lives in the corner that's recording the entire thing, and from the moment we walk walk in, we're micd and so that records every second of our rehearsal. And then on top of that, for a majority of it, there is also a camera man and a or woman and a camera and they roll around so that they can get.
Speaker 3: All so there's no downtime zero zero, you know how anytime of.
Speaker 4: Sacred space that sucks. Man.
Speaker 5: I was wondering about that because I was just like man, like, I would want like everyone out, just me and my partner and a chance to like talk and dance and about kinks and stuff and just be like whatever.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Can you imagine us on Boy Meets World every single rehearsal being micd and having cameras in our face for every time. Well, that would be horrifying.
Speaker 1: It's essentially doing rehearsal on a press line.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well you're you're essentially you're on a reality show.
Speaker 3: That's exactly what it is. It's a reality show.
Speaker 2: Okay. I have a question too.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: First of all, because writer and I have gone back and forth on this, Okay, how much input do you have in picking your song?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 2: And the second question is what is the fastest animal on the face of the earth?
Speaker 1: Okay, I think I think cheetah. Okay, is the fastest animal. I'm gonna answer that one first, Okay, Song and style. So when the season started, they sent us a music questionnaire.
Speaker 3: That music questionnaire was hints we didn't.
Speaker 1: Know for sure, but hints about what the theme weeks were going to be. So like, the first question was, if you had to pick an anthem song, what would give me some give us some suggestions?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: And then I had to write down favorite songs that would I would consider to be an anthem song.
Speaker 3: Now, this is me, the.
Speaker 1: Celebrity who knows nothing about song selection and style of dance or anything. Just they want to know, what are some of your favorite songs for that gotcha. And then the second week was you know for uh, do you TikTok or whatever?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 1: TikTok week, which maybe was week three, and then do you have any connections to Wicked? What's your favorite songs? Do you like Halloween? What are some of your favorite Halloween songs?
Speaker 4: But they're asking they give you this question upfront for the entire season for the.
Speaker 2: Whole reason.
Speaker 1: They gave it to me before the season starts, and you go through and start filling in, and they say it, give us as many as you can, okay, So that's what they start with. The music department then goes through and collects all those questionnaires from all of the celebrities and they then run it against their algorithm of which of these have we already used?
Speaker 3: And it doesn't mean that if a song's.
Speaker 1: Already been used, you can't use it again, but they certainly don't want to do like, you know, a song that's really been overdone.
Speaker 3: They want to and then they.
Speaker 1: Also want detail about why would this be your anthem song? Why was Kelly Clarkson stronger important to me?
Speaker 3: And all that.
Speaker 1: So they start from that place with taking songs that all of the celebrities have written down as being things that are or important to them. Then they compare them to the other celebrities, and then they share all of that with your pro. Then the music department and your pro are able to say, hmm, I see you wrote this song down and it's possible that we could clear it, because that's the other thing. Is it something going to be that we're gonna be able to clear? So yeah, that is kind of the process. And then of course things like we can't get something cleared, and so then the they make suggestions to you. The music department says, what about this and what about that? Like they're like One Hit Wonder Week. There were a couple of songs I really wanted to do for One Hit Wonder Week, and they pushed back a little bit, saying that one of the songs I wanted to do wasn't technically a one hit wonder even though it definitely was, and also other people's songs were absolutely not one hit wonders. So I was a little like, sometimes you don't have control and you kind of just they'll send you a playlist, they'll say, here are five songs. Tell us if any of these work for you. And I could have said no to all of them, right, But you know so, Oka, it is a it is you have, It's a process and a lot of factors are at play in it.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: I have one more question for you, okay, and this is this is important. It's a question that I'd like answered that we would like to talk about on Podney Stroll. But we don't know, okay. And now that you know everybody and you've become close with everybody, if Rider, Dan Yete and Will Danyete went on Dancing with the Stars, right, what pro would you put each of us with?
Speaker 3: Oh, this is such a good question. Will I would put you with Emma?
Speaker 2: Is Emma with Andy? Yeah? That makes sense.
Speaker 1: Emma has such a wicked, wonderful sense of humor, okay, And she and you, first of all, would really get along in the sense of humor department, which I think is going to be important for you.
Speaker 3: Specifically in order to feel like.
Speaker 1: You're going to to be able to get through this and to want to want to even be there.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I think she also has an ability. You are not a social media person at all, and she is very good at it. And it is it is a weapon that you can use, not in a bad way.
Speaker 3: It is a It is a tool.
Speaker 1: In your arsenal to be good at social media on this show. And since you do not have that experience and Emma does the same way, she is using it as to her advantage with Andy.
Speaker 2: I think she would do it with you, and I'd have to get on social media. I don't think they'd let me come on without being on social media. I think correct part of the show.
Speaker 3: It is part of it is part of the show. It's part of part of the deal.
Speaker 1: And by the way, you could still have somebody like they're the Dancing with the Stars social team. Mar Linda is the head of the social team over there. They are wonderful. You could have them.
Speaker 3: You could have your own account and they run.
Speaker 2: They do everything right.
Speaker 3: They could do it.
Speaker 1: For you if you wanted, so that you didn't have to participating, or you know, you could not read comments or choose to if whatever. So that I also think height wise, so much of this is going to be about height, and I think Emma is one of the taller pros, and I think you I think I think you guys would be a good height match. So I will pair you for sure with Emma writer, I would pair you. Gosh, I'm torn between Britt and Daniella.
Speaker 4: Which one is Britt?
Speaker 3: Britt was with Baron Davis.
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, so she was only there.
Speaker 3: For like one she was only there for one week.
Speaker 2: She is on stage there all the time, even.
Speaker 1: The pro numbers, and she is just wonderful. Jensen just said, my pick is Britt.
Speaker 4: She is.
Speaker 1: She is wonderful. She's really the thing I think you would really love about Britt that everybody loves about Britt. She really gets to know her partners and is not like she really like I don't know how to say this, She learns about them and almost takes on who like I want to embody who you are so that I can choreograph from the inside out to showcase your vibe, your personality, And she like she really learns about her partner. She treats it like like a science experiment. Almost How much can I absorb about who you are and what your life is like?
Speaker 5: And how can that authenticity to to just embrace it and commit to it. If I was being told, like, you need to wear a sparkly tuxedo because that's what's hot, this week, I would be like, Nope, not.
Speaker 2: No, and that's it.
Speaker 3: That's it exactly.
Speaker 1: She really celebrates who the person is to showcase and highlight that. So I think Britt would be my pick for you. Yeah, that would be my choice. Man, boy, could you imagine how freaking excited I would be.
Speaker 2: If you guys? I literally just my hamstring talking about it.
Speaker 3: So Okay, So I hope that answers some questions.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's it's just a lot of it, especially with some of the judges stuff, which again I'm I don't know if you're ware of I'm a dance expert, but a lot of it just some of the numbers just seem very arbitrary.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, there.
Speaker 1: Are definitely things where it's like, you know, once they've given Andy six's three weeks in a row, if there's any improvement, how do they say that's a five?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: You know, it's like and.
Speaker 1: That's why when we were talking about the very beginning of the season, I know Derek was really trying to set the precedent we are not going to be scoring super high out of the gate.
Speaker 3: But then when you're.
Speaker 1: Out there and you're seeing how hard everyone's working, I just think in general, it's really hard for them to pull out a four, you know, you know it like true, But had they started at fours for certain dances, we could have now seen improvement and still be at a six, right, right, But when you know some people are at a six and other people are at a seven, you're like, but but but sixty six, it becomes it becomes six seven.
Speaker 3: They're all so young and cool?
Speaker 2: What is what is that? What is that they're doing?
Speaker 4: That's the latest memes? Speak man, brain rot? Are you saying it? Right?
Speaker 3: Are you team seven?
Speaker 4: I don't know. I just Andy says it all the time?
Speaker 2: What is that? Please people?
Speaker 4: It's what people are saying. But what is a young people?
Speaker 3: Okay? Okay?
Speaker 1: So there was a TikTok thing about a guy and he was talking about how tall a basketball player was, and he was saying he was six seven, and he did this, okay, and it just became a thing that now in any for no reason at all whatsoever, you just say a six seven.
Speaker 5: There's also a video that that Indy thought was the origin, which is like, there's a basketball game going on, hands of the audience and these two kids turned to the camera and they're like six.
Speaker 6: Seven, just so you know, hilariously, this meme is is truly from a rap song called Dute Dude by Scrilla, and he says he says six seven in the song. Funny. Then a bunch of people used it in tiktoks and now no one knows the song exists.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, no one's ever heard of the song.
Speaker 4: It's just from They try to listen to the song and they was awful. Yeah no, it did suck, so yeah, but we just say six to seven all the time.
Speaker 6: Seven.
Speaker 2: I weep for us as a society. Thank you.
Speaker 7: Halloween is around the corner, and your favorite podcaster are serving up episodes that are so good it's actually scary. Sex and the City meet Severance when Adam Scott joins Kristin Davis to discuss the haunting relationship between Big and Natasha on Are You a Charlotte? And nine one one What's Your Emergency? The new episode of Call It What It Is? Of course nine to one to one Nashville co star Kimberly Williams Paisley joins Jessica Kapshaw and Camilla Ludington to talk about her health scare her superstar Hubby Brad Paisley and her memories on the set of Father of the Bride with the legendary Diane Keaton. Oscar winner Bree Larsen is a work in progress. Sophia Bush finds out why, and Walt's right over to Danielle with because Danielle Fischel has fellow Dancing with the Stars contestant Dylan Efron on to talk about the ballroom, the.
Speaker 3: Leaderboard and more.
Speaker 7: Listen now on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcast.
Speaker 1: Let's jump into our unless you have another question for me, Let's jump into our pod meets okay great. This one is from Carly g during Dedication night when they returned from a commercial break before Danielle got her scores, she looked like she had been crying. What was going through her mind at that times? She gets all twenty of my votes, No question, You're making us all so proud, Danielle, so sweet, Thank you, Carly So yes, I did start crying.
Speaker 3: So a couple of things happen.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 1: One, I had not seen Scott since they had announced in their dance previous to mine that they were having a baby.
Speaker 3: Okay when ahead of time I did not.
Speaker 1: It was a surprise, so I was I, you know, a few dances before your dance, So say I'm number seventh in the lineup at a round dance four. They pull us from the skybox to go warm up. We you know you cannot. People think it's just like, okay, now get out there and dance. You're if your muscles are not stretched and warm, and you you know, you want to refresh your you want to refresh your routine. You want to make sure you're absolutely focused, you're not being distracted by my friends are in the audience and my package is on the TV, and my friend is Dan down there, Like you really need to like lock in with your partner and get focused.
Speaker 3: So they take us out of the skybox.
Speaker 1: But Scott's dance had been right before us, so I was down like hiding behind the curtain, and I heard the scream and.
Speaker 3: Was like, did they just an know they were having a baby.
Speaker 1: So Scott was right behind me in the box and we went to commercial break, and then I turned to Scott and I said, oh my gosh, by the way, congratulations and his husband Mark regularly, if not every single day, most days went with him to rehearsal, and so I got to know both of them, and I started talking to him about being a parent and how happy I was that they were going to be fathers and what good fathers I thought they were going to be. And then I got emotional the way I got emotional just now talking about it, and that then turned into when I turned back to Pasha, me saying I'm sorry I missed that step in our in our jive, I had missed a step that we had worked on many, many times, and I messed it up. And I you know, the worst feeling of screwing something up in your dance is not oh the judges are going to judge me for it, or America saw me make a mistake, or even I'm so mad at myself. The only thing I care about is that I feel like I let Pasha. And so I had just finished talking to Scott and was emotional, and I turned and looked at Pasha and I was like, I'm so sorry. And the minute I said I'm so sorry, I was just like ooh, all these tears came, and then it was like and we're back, right, and so then yeah, then I was like trying to hold it together.
Speaker 2: Was any part of you upset over your scores? You know what?
Speaker 3: I know. I'm not upset at the scores.
Speaker 1: I'm upset that I felt like those were the right scores. I'm upset that I don't feel I felt based on the way I did in that dance, I that to me was a seven.
Speaker 3: I didn't do I didn't do what I wanted to do. I don't. I mean, Bruno really enjoyed it. That dance was hard.
Speaker 1: And by the way, talking about stuff you don't see in a package, I'm actually appreciative they didn't do it because it was dedication night and it was it was about Bill. That was my hardest week on this show, right, forget injuries, forget anything. The jive is hard, yeah, and it is so fast and so physical and so upbeat, and you just have.
Speaker 3: To Your rehearsals are just runs.
Speaker 1: And we started with a sprint, and we ended with a sprint and then trying to dance in between and remember all of the steps and do all of the things. And then in that dance we adjusted something on like the first day, something Pasha it originally taught me. And then just a few hours later, He's like, I don't like this as much. I want to change this, and I said, great, let's change it. Then we rehearsed it that lay. Thursday, we rehearsed it that way. Friday, we rehearsed it that way Saturday, and Saturday night I was like, this jive is good.
Speaker 3: I can't believe it. I can't believe where we started.
Speaker 2: On Wednesday.
Speaker 1: I felt like I was never going to get it, and here we are Saturday night. I had all the confidence in the world. Pasha seemed really confident. He was like, this is this is great. We're in a really good place. Tomorrow we have a full day and I just want to clean. I want to perfect I want to make sure every little movement is exactly what it's supposed to be. I want to work on your retractions. And I was like, awesome. I don't sleep well Saturday night for some reason, just you know, stress of life and whatever. I don't sleep well. I wake up on Sunday and I'm a little tired, and I'm like, but at least I know what we're doing today. I watch tape. We have like a one pm rehearsal. I watch tape in the morning, I practice in my mirror at home. The part that you know is like this big side by side part. I practice all of it and I show up to rehearsal and Pasha goes, don't kill me, but I want to change accounts and I go, what I just got it? I go, what part do you? What part do you want to change? And he's like, this part, the part that I said is the most important part of the dance. I want to change it. And I'm like, why why do you why do you want to change it? And he's like, I don't like it. I watched it last night. I don't like it. I don't think the judges are going to like it, and I don't I don't want to do it. I want to change it. The rest of that day was just on. That was just on that.
Speaker 2: Now could you could you've just been like, dude, I've got.
Speaker 1: It, he said, He said, if you want to do it, we can do it. I'm going to tell you right now, it's not good. Wow, he said, if you want to do it, let's do it. Let's commit to it. Fine, you want to do it, let's do it. It's not good. And the judges are going to tell you it's not good, but if you want to do it, let's do it now.
Speaker 2: Wait, here's what you also said, that there's fifteen dances to pick from and you don't have to do them all. Are there going to be contestants that won't do the jive at all? Or are there some that are compulsory?
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, there may be some that don't do the jive at all. And like, there there's a possibility U Pasha and I may not do jazz, Like there's there's only so many weeks, and you know, if you don't have it, or your song doesn't go with it or whatever, you just don't end up doing that. There are a lot of people who aren't gonna do rumba, Like rumba's really hard, especially for men. So you know, Emma is probably not going to do a rumba with Andy with and that makes sense, you know, Like they're watching her with.
Speaker 2: Him where she's literally talking to him the entire time is pretty fun to watch, Yeah, because she's literally during the dance and probably.
Speaker 1: Counting and she yeah, she says words that you know, hands and yeah, things to remind him of where they are and dance. Yeah, I mean they they, and we do that all throughout the week. Pasha's really big on me knowing how to count the entire dance. So I learned that in the first week, and now I have to count everything. And this week we're doing a Viennese waltz, which is on three counts, and so like it goes like this, it goes, but in the way the music is cut, sometimes there's only four counts of three, and then it starts back over at one, and then there will be eight counts of three, and then it starts back over at one, and then there are ten counts of three, then it starts back over at one. So in order to keep track of where we are, I have to count like this one two three, two two three three three two three four two three two three two two three and then and then when I get to six, back to one two three two two three. And then the way I help using the count to help me with what I'm supposed to be doing is when I'm supposed to have something like a move on a certain number, which in the waltz is usually on the one, so I go one two three, two two three three two three, So like those numbers, those things that are pad or sometimes I change out the number for a word, so it'll be one two three and two three three two three foot two three five. It's like and then and then you're just literally running around the room screaming numbers on video and then watching it back like an athlete.
Speaker 4: There you go.
Speaker 2: Yikes.
Speaker 3: So okay, great question, Carly G. That's why I was crying. We have ah a question from Connecticut Rachel Will. Do you know her?
Speaker 4: I do?
Speaker 2: Of course everybody knows. Rachel from Connecticut sent Sparrow. I have a query. It just does not protest.
Speaker 1: Her question is, Will what would it take for you to do Dancing with the Stars, a lifetime supply of superhero undi's going back in time and guest starring on mash jokes jokes aside? Do you think it is actually possible with some sort of gigantic offer.
Speaker 2: I don't see. I go to the same I go to a different reason than writer, because the social media stuff I could have fun with and do you all that kind of stuff. I truly, and this is not hyperbole, I truly do not believe there's a teacher in the world that could teach me how to dance. I don't think it's I don't think exist. I don't think they E.
Speaker 3: You're wrong.
Speaker 1: You heard carry Anne last week. Yeah, everybody can dance. But is there something somebody could convince you? Is there something going back in time being able to get star on my waye?
Speaker 2: Yeah? If I could have time travel, then yes, I would do just about everything, of course, yeah, of course.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, so there is an offer out there, all right?
Speaker 2: Just want to know I'd rather do traders.
Speaker 1: Okay, I know you love that job, all right? From Jessica m Hey Danielle and the Danietes as our resident lobster finder, Will I have to ask during dedication night for Danielle, when the legendary Bill Daniels was there, was there really a lobster on the garage stage or have we all lost.
Speaker 2: It was there? I didn't even notice. No, if somebody did that, it's there. It's genius, absolute genius. But I did not even did not even notice.
Speaker 3: We have to go back and watch.
Speaker 2: They cut to Bill so seldom, and when they did, he had that huge smile on his face.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, yeah he uh Bill?
Speaker 1: So somebody was somebody was like, I feel awful that they made him get on a plane. Bill did not have to get on a plane. Bill was Bill was a car right away. Its fifteen minutes from there. He lived fifteen minutes. He didn't have to show up until dress rehearsal. He never had a moment of rehearsal. He showed up for dress rehearsal and they Yeah, they didn't even have to drive themselves.
Speaker 3: We had a car.
Speaker 1: He Yeah, and his son Michael was there and took such great care of him, and yeah.
Speaker 2: And I was sitting with Bonnie, who was loving it.
Speaker 3: It was Yeah, there were so many there.
Speaker 1: The problem is that, you know, we are used to really being able to see the cameras when we're in a multiicam.
Speaker 3: We're like, yeah, they're all right there.
Speaker 1: This is obviously much more like a single cam, except there are just eight single cameras. Everything's a little farther away, especially where he was in the garage, and so other than the music playing, I don't think he ever knew when he was on camera or really you know, what he was supposed to be doing when he was just kind of sitting there.
Speaker 3: But yeah, it was.
Speaker 2: Not a huge fan. When they build a set on the other side.
Speaker 3: The garage.
Speaker 1: I know, it's called the garage, and it's hard to it's hard to see, and it gives it gives. It looks great on TV, but when you're there, it makes you feel disconnected.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: This one's from Jeffrey from Louisiana. Question for Danielle. Has Dancing with the Stars consumed your whole life as far as scheduling and time commitment and did you expect this? Dancing with the Stars and podcasting is literally all I do. I don't sleep, I barely eat. I haven't been to the bathroom in three weeks. And I have not seen my that's true. I haven't seen my children. I barely get to see my husband. I have no more friends, and I just live in a microphone and then on a microphone. I miked all day long. Yeah, that's exactly. That's just for fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's just a boom mic. He's just following you run.
Speaker 3: No, exactly, it's.
Speaker 4: No, you're just all you feel like you're always on.
Speaker 3: I'm always on.
Speaker 1: I'm always on, and you know the did you expect this? I knew it was going to be a crazy schedule, I really did, But no, I did not expect this. Mostly because what I had heard in all the other years they asked me. I would always say, well, no, you know, I'm I'm I'm doing this like there was some sort of work. And they always said, we work around your work schedule. You can do anything you want and we will come to you. Oh, you're you're going to be directing an episode, No problem, you're working in Glendale. We'll get you a studio in Glendale. So in my mind it was like great, I would do a normal work day, pop over there.
Speaker 3: For an hour or two.
Speaker 2: You have to dance for twenty minutes and.
Speaker 3: Then and then go home. What no, I like?
Speaker 1: Today we are shooting a cold open for an episode that's coming up, and they have a very specific esthetic and they sent us a board of like, so, bring your own wardrobe and it needs to fit into this. It needs to fit into a murder mystery theme. You need to be hair and makeup ready on you not we do not provide glam, So a pick wardrobe for a nineteen thirty's old Hollywood look. Come, hair and makeup ready. We will shoot something with you for five to ten minutes. Then you have your master interview, which is the part where I'm talking directly to camera that you see in our packages. We do an hour of that every week. We do a master interview there for a week. Then I have four hours of dance rehearsal. And this week we have to learn three dances because we're doing something called a monster thon, where the floor is going to be divided up into a grid like a tictac toe grid, and all nine of us have a square we have to dance in. The judges are going to walk around and tap us out as we dance the Hustle, a dance none of us have danced before. We dance the Hustle for two minutes and as as they see us, if they catch us in a moment where we're doing something they don't like, or we screw up a move, they tap us out.
Speaker 3: You get eliminated.
Speaker 1: And then if you stick around until the end after two minutes, we go switch over to Lindy Hop, which is the big jumpy part of a quick step. We have to do that for two minutes and if you last the longest you get five extra points.
Speaker 3: Added to your score.
Speaker 1: So this week I have to learn It's squid game, the Viennese waltz.
Speaker 4: Dancing with the Squid Games.
Speaker 2: Quid Game.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, So I have three dances to learn this week.
Speaker 1: When normally I would have a one and a half minute dance to learn, I have to learn two more dances that I have to be able to do for two minutes each each and then a minute and a half long dance. And so at this point in the competition even your regular four hour long rehearsal.
Speaker 3: Isn't really enough.
Speaker 1: So now you have to rehearse outside of your allotted window on your own time.
Speaker 3: And then like we tape the show on Tuesday nights.
Speaker 1: Then after that I have thirty minutes where I spend just some time with my people, Pasha Jensen, Danny Dylan, Dylan's girlfriend. We sit in the trailer, We eat food, we recap, We have like a little you know, post mortem, like how do you think, how'd you feel?
Speaker 3: What you love the scores and this? And what do you think of that person that this?
Speaker 6: And that?
Speaker 1: We sit and we you know, do that for a little bit. Then I record Danielle with the Stars in my trailer. Then I get home and I'm still like on an adrenalin rash, you know what that's like. After a pod meets World live show where you're just like wired. I go to bed at one, I get up at five, I get the kids ready for school, and then I'm on this podcast from nine to noon, and then I go to rehearsal and learn a whole brand new dance and I rinse and repeat every week. It's been forty four days since my last day off.
Speaker 4: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so no, there's nothing that would make me do that. It's naptime in like an hour.
Speaker 1: So oh so, I guess I to answer your question, I did not expect that.
Speaker 2: Well, how could you? And it's also got to be one of those things where it sounds so stupid, but it's it's a good thing if you're this busy, because it means you're I'm still there going farther on the show. So this is this is the getting is what you wanted.
Speaker 5: This is just imagine how you're gonna feel when like you have a day off.
Speaker 4: You're going to be like so anxious and weirded out.
Speaker 1: When Will said I have to go take a vacation after this, I'm like, I'm gonna have to go away for.
Speaker 2: A long time because you need to sit on the beach.
Speaker 1: Because I'm gonna it's gonna take me days to go to go into some normal sort of like what do you mean I'm done?
Speaker 3: What do you mean I'm done working?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Normal rhythm again.
Speaker 4: Here's my question. Do you think you're going to dance after this for the rest of my life? Next week?
Speaker 2: Are you really?
Speaker 4: I was wondering if it's just going to be never stopped like workout. It is because I can totally see that you've just like clicked something.
Speaker 2: You really like it, and I love it.
Speaker 1: I love it so much. I want to I want to start taking ballroom lessons. I want to find a partner. I want to practice. Yeah, it's great exercise. It's Sarah the sarahtonin boost the like just it is so it is so great. I couldn't possibly say enough good things about it.
Speaker 2: So love it.
Speaker 4: And you're going to go on tour with the show.
Speaker 3: And I'm going to go on tour.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're going to You.
Speaker 3: Guys want to see me at Radio City Musical.
Speaker 2: Yes, of course we're going to go to Radio City Music Hall. Are you kidding?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 2: We also need to do some videos where you're teaching writer and know how to dance. I know, well, if it's Danielle teaching us, I mean it's not like with some professional it's Danielle till.
Speaker 4: We do it audio only. If it's not like.
Speaker 2: I just want you to teach me how to do some stuff I.
Speaker 1: Want you to try, I'll teach you some of my dances. I mean, I only know my dances.
Speaker 6: But this idea is so hot people would love it, even audio.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 1: A question from Aaron from Boston, which t G I F character would take home a mirror ball? Not the actor, but the specific character and Sabrina can't use.
Speaker 3: Her magic to win. Those are the caveats due.
Speaker 4: Mister Feenie, do you give me his touch stuff dance? He killed it, he did. It's become a meme he did, and it's like and.
Speaker 5: Everybody would, I mean, think about him doing ballroom like mister Feenie back then. Obviously, So if we're taking sixty five years dancer, yeah, he would be amazing and everybody would be cheering for him.
Speaker 4: He would have the popular vote and yeah it would be the best.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's no there's no better answer. And that's one hundred percent right.
Speaker 1: I'm going to I'm gonna say, Matt Lawrence. I think that the between Matt Lawrence and Bill Daniels.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they would get two different votes, you know what I mean, Like, yeah, Matt would get like the Dylan vote and Feenie would get like the raw.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh god, that's tough. That's tough.
Speaker 1: And then we have Gabriel from Petaluma, California. Danielle, is there an individual on the show that you have become friends with that you planned on spending time with when the show raps? Dylan is stuck with me absolutely. Dylan and I have actually talked about the fact that if we do go on tour, we're going to sink our days so that we go on tour together, just to make sure that we, you know, have If you have a buddy replace.
Speaker 2: Me as your travel buddy, I will be so pissed at you, Daniell. I have so little in life and you as my travel buddy is what.
Speaker 3: Let me tell you something.
Speaker 1: I suspect that no one could ever replace you as my travel buddy because Dylan is more like writer in how he travels.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, good, all right, then I'm fine and.
Speaker 3: I will never not be bougie.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, good, you're not going to be splitting a Chinese chicken.
Speaker 6: Yan.
Speaker 2: I mean, I know Dylan and I we look so similar.
Speaker 3: Especially your bodies.
Speaker 2: The bodies, it's like it's I get it's like looking in a mirror. But you can't replace me for that.
Speaker 3: Also, will eating with Dylan not nearly as fun?
Speaker 2: No, he's no.
Speaker 3: He's not. And he tried.
Speaker 1: Last week was his week to buy and he got us all burgers and French fries and pastas.
Speaker 3: And I see him trying.
Speaker 2: Oh god, oh no, it's not the same.
Speaker 3: No, it's not the same. It's not the same.
Speaker 1: Kettlebell buddy, He's just in such good shape it Yeah. From Jared, does Pasha already have the entire series planned out and choreographed? Or does he and the other pros learn the song and style and have to choreograph it all in a week's time? So we have, as I mentioned with the songs, we have the rough outline of things. Once we know things are approved, it's usually about we're running about a week ahead. So right now he is teaching me the Viennese waltz, but next week is Rock and Roll Hall of Fame week.
Speaker 3: He does not have the official song.
Speaker 1: Yet, but he has already started choreographing some of some of hists, so he has to teach me this current week stance while choreographing the next week's dance.
Speaker 2: Dude, does he please tell me that he and his wife help each other where they like. She plays your role and he plays Dylan's role.
Speaker 1: To work out all the dances, they do everybody, all of the pros's. They call it working with a body, having a body, which sounds, truthfully, almost as offensive as calling a model a hangar. But it is that you need another person to be the body in the dance, and so obviously Danny and Pasha can be that for each other, except if he needs Danny to help him choreograph. Let's say it takes him two hours to choreograph a dance and then Danny needs his help. That's four hours of their time that they need to help each other, versus if they both go get different bodies, they can both be done in two hours.
Speaker 6: Rue.
Speaker 1: So sometimes though it really works out, like this week, for example, Dylan is also doing a Viennese waltz.
Speaker 2: Oh that's so.
Speaker 1: For that he can learn, Pasha can learn Dylan's moves and work with Danny throughout. So if Danny wants to be like, let me try this with you, let me try that with you. If Pasha knows Dylan steps, they can do that, and then vice versa. If Danny knows my steps, they can work together. So in some cases it works out, but ultimately and then of course every single night they're showing each other tape and looking at things and getting examples. I mean, for last week with all those lifts, Danny came in and would do some of the lifts with Pasha because he's like, I even for me to teach you, I don't know what the girl is doing up there. All I know is what I'm supposed to do to help you get up.
Speaker 3: Into the air.
Speaker 1: And now I don't know what she's thinking when she scissor kicks and she does, you know, and how like I don't know. He's like, I don't know how to tell you what to do. And then she came in and she was like, I've never had to teach a girl, so I also don't really necessarily know what to say what I'm thinking. So then she's like, let me try it, and she's like okay, and she doesn't. She goes all right, So I'm actually thinking whack, Like I'm thinking, you know, I gotta I gotta do this. I gotta lift my head and kick my leg at that time. And then it was just a bunch of trial and error and like me being a sack of potatoes and him tossing me around and then figuring out like, oh, I really need to hold myself firm, which is why my peg muscle hurt, because like you know that lean I did where we lean like all the it's like one of my favorite moves ever. And I was only holding onto this part of his shoulder, so like my entire body weight is just like that. And then I can't put any weight on that right toe as it drags around because otherwise it'll get stuck. So it's literally one leg and me holding on and him obviously supporting me and the lean but then just so that I can lightly drag my foot around.
Speaker 2: He's just and herd. They're both just crazy strong, aren't they.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, yeah, like crazy strong, so strong, yeah, and and and you know so much. It's also not just like muscling into it.
Speaker 1: It really is like, no, I have to be in a deep squad and I you know, you don't lift with your back. You lift with your knees and you use your quads, and there's a there's a real science to it, but it's.
Speaker 2: Now you always lift with your back in a quick jerking motion. Your lower backs.
Speaker 4: Everybody knows.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yank every lower back.
Speaker 2: Everybody lower back.
Speaker 1: We have from Savannah from Huntsville, Alabama, Will and Ryder. Since this is your first season watching Dancing with the Stars, what's been the most unexpectedly emotional or addictive part for you when watching?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I just love the actual I mean, especially the contemporary dances, like when on Dedication. I just love the expressiveness. And it just made me realize.
Speaker 5: That I really do enjoy watching dancing, and I just never quite realized.
Speaker 4: I mean, I just never thought about it.
Speaker 5: It's like I go to musicals, I go to theater, I go to concerts, but I don't go to dance shows. And now I'm like, no, I should start going to dance shows like ballets, anything where.
Speaker 4: People are doing, you know, telling story through dance.
Speaker 5: I get very connected to it, and so all the I mean, obviously I appreciate the ballroom dancing and the technical physicality of that, but the expressive emotional storytelling part I really love.
Speaker 4: Like Whitney and Arks dance with her husband.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, the storytelling was just so beautiful and I was like, the way that this is actually living out the thing that they're trying to tell, you know, through dance.
Speaker 4: I was like, there's that's the coolest way to tell this story. And yeah, there's been a few of those I just really love.
Speaker 2: Obviously, the most emotional thing for me is watching you. I mean just just because I'm well, just because I know you and I know you've been through over the last year, year and a half and I know how difficult the decision it was to even do the show in the first place, and whether or not you're going to do it, and how busy you are. So yeah, that's certainly the most emotional.
Speaker 1: Thing for me is watching reading all of the comments from when you guys do Podmeetsworld and the way people I mean, it's gonna make me cry, the way people love the way you guys love me. It's just so it's just so sweet.
Speaker 3: It's like the fact that people who who could have.
Speaker 1: Predict did that me doing Dancing with the Stars was going to showcase a side of our friendship, you know, like what we that was not ever that was just like, Oh, I'm gonna do this reality show and we're gonna try to make it work with podcasting and figure it all out. And then it's like what if we do a show and it's like that's great, and now it's not just a jokey show about two people who don't know anything. It's become a real like testament to this love and deep devotion we have to each other.
Speaker 3: It's just like shocking, it's so crazy and I love it so much.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's pretty great.
Speaker 3: So here's a good question. Michelle wants to know.
Speaker 1: Do the judges see any of the practice the dancers do or do they only see what happens during filming. So when we are there on Tuesdays, the day of the show, we do two camera blockings and we're usually just in our rehearsal clothes, and then right before the live show we do a full dress rehearsal. They do not make sure that the monitors in the judge's dressing rooms or trailers are off. They could be watching our camera blocking when we're in our rehearsal clothes. But they're not supposed to do. It's not like there's a rule against it, but they're not like actively watching that. However, they do actively watch dress rehearsal, So when we are all dressed up and we get to go out there and do it once before the live show, they get to watch dress rehearsal. And similarly to anyone else who has a job on that show, you require prep in order to do your job. Sure, the director needs wides on Thursday afternoon so that he can start prepping his shots and how he's going to shoot things and where things, where the cameras are going to go. The hosts have to read the teleprompter, they need to put together their questions. We get camera blockings and dress rehearsals, the sets, sets running in, the timing, the pyrotechnics. There's none of that that happens like, well, this is the first time, let's just see how it goes. We've had to test everything out. It's a full blown production. Of course, the judges also need prep, so they watch dress rehearsal so that they have an idea of the storytelling, the dance that's being done and how people are doing. And I believe they get the opportunity to start formulating what some of their thoughts are, and then of course they watch it live and depending on how it goes live, it could have changed the opinion they had during dress rehearsal. But there is the ability to see dress rehearsal and the live show.
Speaker 3: I want to ask you both one last question if you could.
Speaker 1: This is from Jerkual from Florida. If you could create a theme night for Dancing with the Stars, what would it be?
Speaker 2: Wow?
Speaker 4: So the theme nights are usually either like song selection based.
Speaker 1: Yep, like rock and roll, Hall of Fame, right, like personal narrative like anthem right, you know?
Speaker 4: Oh you know what I would.
Speaker 5: Okay, I have a series of songs I think.
Speaker 2: Are gonna say I.
Speaker 5: I always have a playlist that I call memory songs, and so there's songs from my life that relate to a specific memory or like a summer or whatever. And sometimes they're not even like the best songs, but they make me, they take me, they transport me back, and they just capture a time. So I would love to see everybody's memory song like it's a song from your life, because then it would combine the personal narrative, but then probably be a hit song from the nineties or you know, because it's usually a song that was on the radio when something was happening. I don't know, so I would love to just leave that one open and be like, it's kind of like dedication Night, but not just about one relationship, about a memory from your life.
Speaker 4: I would love to see that.
Speaker 2: Right, says they used to do your Most Memorable Year night, similar.
Speaker 1: Memory Memory Night's really good, writer, I like that. Well, would you do Whoskerdoo Doo?
Speaker 2: I would I would do and hoody Gourz.
Speaker 8: No.
Speaker 2: I'm sure they've done this, so I imagine they had to have done Movie score Night. They had to have done famous, famous songs from movies. I mean, that's great that they had to have done that at some.
Speaker 4: Point, right, because then everybody could do an olauge to a movie they love.
Speaker 2: Or any of these movies. So if they haven't done that yet, I don't know why they wouldn't do a movie score night, So that would be somebody dancing. Other one I would do would be first Love Night. Oh, and it's the music that you were listening to the first time you fell in love.
Speaker 3: Oh, that's a good one.
Speaker 2: That would I would do that as well.
Speaker 3: I love that you guys both had really good ones.
Speaker 2: Thanks. Hey, are any of the dancers and their partners hooking up?
Speaker 1: No, damn it, gosh, No, there are no showmances between prose and partners.
Speaker 2: But a lot of the pros are dating each other or with each other to each other.
Speaker 1: So Alan and Emma are together, Jenna and Va all are together, Danny and Pasha are married.
Speaker 4: Did they all meet on the show or did they come.
Speaker 1: No, Danny and Pasha have been together. They've been married for eleven years. Wow, and they've only been on the He's been on the show for seven so they've been married for eleven years. Alan Emma did meet on the show. Jenna and Val did meet on the show. I'm trying to think of of who else. But yeah, so no, everybody's everybody's like married and stable and just having a great time.
Speaker 3: That doesn't mean I don't think people have some grudges.
Speaker 2: Well, of course, I mean it's it's so intimate. I mean, it's just so intimate you and your partner. It's how could you not I mean, obviously wouldn't go anywhere and do anything but there. He's got to be moments of like you're you have to be sensual with somebody, you know what I mean, and since got to be for for hours at a time. Yeah, it's got to be crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the amount of Listine strips Pasha and I consume on a daily basis, as a matter.
Speaker 3: Of fact, write in each other's faces.
Speaker 1: Right before we did a right before we did our Urgentine Tango, we were like in the backwarming up and I said, do you have any Listine strips? And he was like, your breath is totally fine, don't worry about it. And I went, no, I don't think I know how to do this dance without it that taste.
Speaker 2: It's literally at this point it's Pavlov's Dog Argentine Tango, brought to you by Dancing with the Stars, brought to you by ginger ittis nice.
Speaker 1: Thank you all for joining us for this episode of Pod Meets World. It was our Q and a episode for Pod Meats World and Danielle with as always, you can follow us on Instagram pod Meets World Show. You can send us your emails pod Meets World Show at gmail dot com and we've got.
Speaker 2: Merch Danielle during this interview. You got to roll your shoulders back shoulders, daniel Shoulders.
Speaker 3: Merch writer, send us out.
Speaker 4: We love you all, pod dismissed.
Speaker 9: Pod Meets World is an iHeart podcast producer hosted by Danielle Fischel, Wilfredell and Ryder Strong. Executive producers Jensen Karp and Amy Sugarman. Executive in charge of production, Danielle Rome, producer and editor, Taras Sudbach, producer, Maddy Moore, engineer and Boy Meets World superman Easton Allen. Our theme song is by Kyle Morton of Typhoon. Follow us on Instagram at Podmets World Show or email us at Podmeats Worldshow at gmail dot com