Speaker 1: Welcome to the Command Center Podcast. I'm Logan Paulson here with Fred Smoot and Santana Moss, and we are brought to you by BET three sixty five and BET three six five. We don't do ordinary. We believe every sports should be.
Speaker 2: Epic, Right Fred, It's always epic.
Speaker 1: That's why we will offer an in game experience which covers seventy eight sports and over seven hundred and eighty thousand live streamstan. I don't know if I can name seventy eight sports either, but it's big time. Big time is right to ninety million customers worldwide. Our online betting brand is powered by a world class proprietary product and over seven thousand employees across the globe. Whatever the sport, whatever the moment, it's never ordinary. At BET three sixty five, the official sports betting partner of the Washington Command Fred, what's that disclaimer.
Speaker 2: That let me squit my mind?
Speaker 3: Must be twenty one plus and physically located in Virginia. Please gamble responsibly. If you, as someone you know, has a gambling problem, it won't help. Call one eight hundred gambler.
Speaker 1: Yeah nice, awesome. So Hey, this week, guys, we have the new York Giants. Yeah, and I'm going to start this off with something that I know Tanner wants to say right away, but it's it is to me, it's the thing for this game. Never fall for the bandon the tailpipe, ah Tanna, So tell us why we can never fall for the band in the tailpipe.
Speaker 4: I mean, if you listen to Fred you think that we should just roll out there and beat these guys.
Speaker 2: Come on, it's the veto.
Speaker 5: It's the veto.
Speaker 4: But to me, when you're looking at this this team, the Giants, defense of what calls caused us to be where we was at last time we face them. You come into this game if you watch the last week game against the Cowboys, the first two or three series, the Cowboys and have a touchdown because the defense was humming and actually that pressed out through a pick before they even score any points. So that defense could be the reason why they end the game. Now, I understand, it's a team game, so we have to do what we have to do offensively, and they have to do what they have to do as well.
Speaker 5: The score points.
Speaker 4: But I'm not coming into this game just thinking that because they got the veto, they're not going to find a wa to be productive offensively.
Speaker 5: I saw at times.
Speaker 4: When he ran the ball, thing slowed down for him offensively, and he was able to complete some passes here and there.
Speaker 5: They have the capable guys we know on defense. We already said this about us. We're not great.
Speaker 4: We'll do a lot of great things, but we're not good enough to sit there and say that we can just walk into the stadium and beat the team.
Speaker 5: So with them, they have to they.
Speaker 4: Have to lead on us. In the last three three three last three games they won. We have to make sure this game, Like I said last time, it's vital for us to go out there and bring it to them and leave out of that stadium.
Speaker 5: With a victory.
Speaker 4: To stop all that now in the tail in the kool aid, I don't think all in the damn in the morning, all.
Speaker 5: That stuff you got going, I don't think it went in there.
Speaker 3: I just think after you go to school for like three years with a person, y'alln't got into a couple of, you know, fisticuffs, kind of like a bully. To you, when you see that bully lip it down the street with his un broke, I'm fina.
Speaker 2: Gone, I'm fin of gone get you back for every.
Speaker 3: Last I just think if we're ever going to beat this team, it has to be this week.
Speaker 4: That's true, but don't have you You can't go into the mindset of saying it's just gonna happen.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that's what happened to us.
Speaker 3: Againt Chicago Bears think we went in there with the Chicago Bears thought we were just gonna beat them.
Speaker 2: It didn't happen.
Speaker 3: Joshua Dobbs almost pulled it off. Who I apologized for at the beginning of the year calling him out. He's the only thing he's balled been a balled up. So all I'm saying is, no, you cannot go into this. But if you're putting this thing on paper and you're saying, all right, they are the reason that our offensive line is playing as good as they are right now.
Speaker 2: We changed everything after the Giants game.
Speaker 3: They're gonna be playing a new version of our offensive line, plush them down one Leonard Williams on their defensive line and numerous and when I say numerous, numerous people injured. I just feel this is one of the things where I don't think this is a player's game.
Speaker 2: I think this is a coaches game.
Speaker 1: And coaches gave him from what SATPO. They need to motivate the guys.
Speaker 2: Not motivation, just the exs and os of it.
Speaker 3: I think the extens and those think about it, and the Giants coaches stay with coach Dave bar gonna do everything in their power to make sure that the Veto don't.
Speaker 2: Lose the game.
Speaker 3: They're not gonna be coaching for him to win it, Like, well, guess what that means? Defense first white, So that mean on offense, we're gonna have to get a couple of big plays on their defense to get them on their heels.
Speaker 2: So they're gonna coach a defensive type games.
Speaker 5: So you've been a defensive guy. You know that.
Speaker 4: When we faced Week last time, he brought everybody in the kitchen singing at times. Do you think now with a couple of guys nicked up, you don't have Leonard, you have Tipodeau kind of you're not sure. He's questionable, questionable, you got flocked questionable. You got so many different guys that's questionable. Do you think this would be a more of one of those games where he said, Okay, now I have to put more guys in coverage because we've seen what you know, what Sam has been doing the last few weeks, even the week that we faced them. Sam came back the second half and started some good background. So with that being said, do you think he comes in with the aim approach?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Or do you think he changed up a little bit put more guys in.
Speaker 2: I think he can't help, but be wink Mondale.
Speaker 1: I think that's I agree.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just think that in.
Speaker 3: His DNA to say, you know and then think about it town. It was successful the first time, so he gonna be like I want to see because I don't see nobody fix it. Yeah, I don't want to see I don't see nobody that blitch him like I did. Since we played him, have they fixed that situation? And all right, maybe I can't run the same blitz as I ran in the first game. Maybe I'm run a little bit something off of those blitzes and try to get him to throw into coverage at the same time.
Speaker 2: So I still think he can't help, but be weink Monindale.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I totally agree, And I think, like tann Of, you alluded this a little bit already, like the thing that changed, like you watched that Dallas game. They're in that first quarter at seventh zero at the end of that first quarter because they got to turn over right away and they get a fourth down stop. And so I look at what they do well against us, specifically that defense. They find explosive defensive plays, so sacks, fumbles, interceptions, they maximize those things and put their offense in an advantageous position. The other thing that they did in the first matchup is they were in really good field position the whole game. They had us backed up, They kept us back up. We couldn't get out of that position. You watch the Dallas game completely opposite. They were backed up the whole time. They couldn't get out of the shadow of their own in zone. So to me, if if there if there's not a good answer to your point, cred fred with with regards to like, yeah, treg with regards to the x's and o's, the x's and o's of eb if you don't have a good plan for what wing's gonna do, this is gonna be really challenging. Yeah, and and and that defense can wreck the game. They we only scored seven points last game.
Speaker 3: But that's why I said it is a This is a coaches game. To me, I agree, this is coaches win this game with the pen. They're not gonna win it with a speech. They're gonna ain't gonna win it with ryding nobody up. They're gonna win it with the pen. Who is the better course?
Speaker 1: So what do you want to see with the pen? From eb and this coaching stuff.
Speaker 4: What I want to see is just basically some of the things I've seen this past few weeks, design and plays that I got a man right now designing those plays where Okay, we're running slants because we.
Speaker 5: Know they're gonna be a man and man, we're gonna run.
Speaker 4: We're gonna run things where I watched the game last week when this past Monday, and they brought the blitz and the first thing, Man Troy Aikman said he can't take a sack right here, and boom they brought the blitz. You could see Russ wanting to do something, but he just had the ball up. He didn't fumble the ball. Boom, next play he said, they're gonna do it again. He can't take the sack right here. And the first thing I'm saying is it's man, throw it up. Or throw run and Rush just threw it up. I mean it was a bad ball because if he threw it the way he should have, it would have been a touchdown.
Speaker 5: And guess what, it was a p I.
Speaker 4: So if we're gonna be seeing this, we gotta have plays going into offensively. Like you say, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. We're not gonna fix things. You got to anticipate him bringing that same way we anticipating Bills looking at some of the stuff that we put on film and saying he's gonna come with stuff, So rother wink show us to us or not. If he's showing it, then we got to play for it. We've been checking well enough, we've been doing some of these things at the line of scrimmens that allow us.
Speaker 5: To be a little more efficient on offense.
Speaker 4: So hey, maybe we check into something, or maybe we change something in line because of what we saw. Maybe they show us something back out of it regards to what it is. Have something for the worst case scenario, and if they don't, then't be prepared to go ahead on you.
Speaker 2: You have to weaponize his blitzing.
Speaker 3: You have to use his aggressiveness against him when I say, use it against him. I want to have two or three tight end and running back screens already sit right into the.
Speaker 2: Teeth of the blitz.
Speaker 3: I want to throw, of course, the quick game, but I also want to uh.
Speaker 2: I want to utilize.
Speaker 3: I want to make them go left to right instead of letting them go vertically up the field. I want to cause them to think. So now, not gadget plays, but quick hitting plays that are allow him to rush that we do stuff that you do, but also want to do it over and over like I would not be mad if I seen three tight ends. Well, if they're blitzing off the edge with their nickel right there, yep, tight end, you hot lineman letting me in. Now we got more in front of him than behind us.
Speaker 4: I saw something that Bass did last week that led me to know that.
Speaker 5: See we're talking now in these meats. We're talking.
Speaker 4: When Bates came off the line, they brought somebody off of base and Bates looked to see, hey, I'm hot, let me make sure he ain't throwing it, and he ran and Roders still got the ball.
Speaker 5: You still understanding.
Speaker 4: So that's allowed me to, you know, to believe that it's been mentioned to pay attention because you never know you might get it right now or if you're not just going along through you know what you're design or assigned play and you never know you might still get the ball in which he did. But that that gives me a you know, it made me smile because it's something that when as a player, I did it all the time, like, man, I'm hot, like I'm giving give it to me now, because Lord knows you're putting into the right person's hand.
Speaker 3: Oh with a blitz it's god. Yeah, you one tackle, one mistackle away.
Speaker 5: Now we're talking.
Speaker 1: And something you've seen the last couple of weeks, so against the Raiders and against the Dallas Cowboys from this wing Martin Dell defense is they teams have been getting empty. And you mentioned the slants, Tanna, and I saw Jacobe Myers catch like a little now route, like a little choice, you know, lookie kind of route. Looking guys pressing him, beats him at the line of scrimmage. He's wide open for a big game. Brandon Cook's same thing. So I think a lot of people think, oh, we got to keep protectors in. We got to add all this protection. Sometimes spreading them out. Is difining those best matchups is a really helpful way to do that. So I think that's something to keep an eye on, Max protect spread them out, just make sure we got answers to get the ball out of samsown and hands quickly, and then can our receivers win in those man finistrations?
Speaker 2: Can I we just talked about the pen.
Speaker 3: I should be having Terry McLaurin on Banks as many times as possible.
Speaker 5: All right, Banks question?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm just saying, oh, if question most definities question. So I want to put my best against your inexperience.
Speaker 1: Like my time, Banks has been playing pretty good, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Until Cook's kind of got a little hole.
Speaker 5: Lo and not and not.
Speaker 1: I feel like that was in all him though.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you got a Dora Jackson who hasn't been playing he's out. Yeah, I'm gonna say he hasn't been.
Speaker 5: Playing flock that I showed us something like that.
Speaker 2: Yea, yeah, So I listen.
Speaker 3: I want to get these d My wide receiver was on their dbs, and if Banks is playing the best corner for them right now, it's fine. I'm gonna put my best receiver over there.
Speaker 4: Banks was following your boy Terry last time, falling Cedee lamb all last week, and then at times he got and he just played whatever.
Speaker 5: But he's one of those guys. He felt like he was doing this thing against us. I watched this, I watched his cockless good.
Speaker 3: But he also is the only way to expose him is to give them what they've been giving out rookie Adosa to the number one receiver.
Speaker 1: So another thing that we've changed since the last game is the offensive line. I think, Tyler Larson interesting in this game, you mentioned e B, mentioned the protections, mentioned the opportunity, mentioned the matters outside. To me, Tyler Larson, can you get this protection called correctly and get this offensive line going to the right guys. Making sure that there aren't those free runners like there were last week. Make sure we're just generally on the same pitch. Gonna be super important. Next thing I think is we need to talk about really quickly. We mentioned briefly at the top, is Tommy DeVito Sakwon Barkley this Giants offense. Who is Tommy DeVito in your estimation?
Speaker 2: Please don't want to ask me that question.
Speaker 1: You're going to come with some nonsense.
Speaker 5: Who is he?
Speaker 3: Hem, I want to know who is Tommy to Meeta Richard, Syracuse. He can make plays off schedule, Let's not take that away from him.
Speaker 5: But the hardest dam Jones little brother.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but the hard thing is to do in the NFL for quarterbacks to make own schedule plays. And that's what he doesn't do well. Not the tallest guy, so he don't see over the line like everybody else. Tommy DeVito is the cousin of Danny DeVito. That's all we need to know. And he's a backup in this league. He's a backup in this league for a reason, and a young rookie trying to catch up. It that I think he's a radic At times.
Speaker 2: I think he's getting.
Speaker 3: Better because he's getting some some playing under his belt, but the coach.
Speaker 2: Is only gonna let him go so far with the play call.
Speaker 3: And that's the thing that I think going forever, whole young quarterbacks back he is. They're gonna spoon feed you this stuff and still tell you not to throw a deep right.
Speaker 1: And I think that's the thing I was thinking about if I was the Giant's coaching staff, how do you win this game?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 6: What?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 1: What is my game plan, and the game plan that I that I came to was it. I need to find five to seven exposive plays with the veto. The problem is, I don't know if you can throw the ball that far. He's got a little Taylor Heineke Jake from to him like that. He's competitive, he can run, he's got a quick release. The arm talent down the field isn't there for him, so you're really limited. And the handcuffs are on him. Man, they don't let him do a lot, and and I don't know, Like I just think if I was gonna win this game, if I said I have to beat the Commanders, what am I gonna do?
Speaker 2: Run play actually scream.
Speaker 1: It's it's sa Quan for sure. Run I gotta get the ball down the field, run.
Speaker 4: Play, get down the field. Gonna they're gonna double move us down the field. They know we're susceptible to it. They're gonna double move us downfield. They're gonna hope that at worst case we get a pass interference call. They're gonna heavy dose to Sa Kuan screen game. They're gonna have number seventeen doing all the motion stuff. Get the ball in his hands, right now, give him a little dump off. They gonna look when I watched that game, that's what they want to do to the Cowboys. But the Cowboys so powerful that they so disruptive, like you can't do it. They don't allow you to do that because they have guys on every level that could be disruptive. The DB's disruptive, the linebacker is disruptive, the d lineman disruptive. So they're gonna go out there and saying, Okay, where you weak at who we can pick on? Yeah, and they gonna pick on them and not saying that he's gonna pick on them and throw for a whole bunch of yards or run for a whole bunch of yards. He just gonna find where even if we not our best, they're gonna give us something, you understand, And that's what we have shown. We've shown from time to time we could be in the best coverage we can be right here. But guess what, we're gonna panic and we're gonna give them a passing appearence are We're going to give him another chance for another play.
Speaker 5: They're going to.
Speaker 2: Try to weaponize. They're gonna try to weaponize field position. This is a field position.
Speaker 5: Position defense gonna get out of us the best way.
Speaker 3: They can try to force us this way, you gotta shout that field position. We got to keep them behind the chains, and we got to stay in front of the chains. But we also is big play disparity. Who has the big who has the most twenty yard plays?
Speaker 2: That's gonna be the call of this game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I think Tanny, you mentioned the Dallas was really powerful. Obviously, the offensive line for the Giants is really banged up. It's prevented. It's one of the reasons, in addition to Divido's arm, that they haven't been able to push the ball down the field. You mentioned sakuon Barkley. They're gonna lean on him heavy. But again, the old line is struggling.
Speaker 4: Has played a lot better though since US Sweet not even since US like the last few weeks. I mean before they played played the played the Cowboy, they was playing a lot better.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Evan Neil's playing better, but I think he might be out with an ankle. But the interior guys are guys, they're just not there yet. They're they're the most sacked team in the NFL. Think about it. Daniel Jones is still the second most sacked player in the NFL after Sam Howe, and he has missed three footballs.
Speaker 3: Three football games and that's why depending on he who remains aka.
Speaker 2: De veto Is.
Speaker 3: I'm shocked, Like this told me something. When they didn't try to go get a true backup quarterback like Jacoby Briscida, somebody that can like try to win your games, that tells me a lot about the the brain trust of what's going on in New York right now.
Speaker 5: No, they just feel like they got a good draft coming on with some quarterback.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and they won't one.
Speaker 5: Get the one. You know.
Speaker 1: They did bring in Barkley from USC, the old USC quarterback. Again, he's not in that same category as the dobbs is. I take Mike White, but he's in no way Miami lets him out of there.
Speaker 4: I'm just saying, it's guys, come on, you know what you know, folks realize we got we got Jake.
Speaker 5: From Yeah, nobody haven't said that over here, and he can play.
Speaker 3: Don't forget the guy that went to broad Run a quarterback that was in bot.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, what's his name?
Speaker 2: Mix something Trace mcsort, Like it's some guys out there.
Speaker 3: But when you say, you know what, we just go in this thing with the vetos like listen.
Speaker 1: Or they're waiting for Tyrod Taylor to come back, which is not this week but the following week.
Speaker 2: So you boil the story.
Speaker 1: Not a great situation for them. They there is a way for them to win. It's gonna be hard for them, but we saw last time we played them anything and if the defense plays well, they find a couple explosives, they they control the clock, they control the game, and we cannot dictate to them offensively. It's gonna be a long thing. We talked about game flow last time. If we can score a lot of points offensively, we'll run away with this game, right But if we can't, if they get after us and it's seven to seven going to the third quarter, who knows what's going to happen, because like they can run the football okay, and in effect fifteen.
Speaker 4: And they saw us play against New England too, and like look that game right there just.
Speaker 5: Alone, like we gave New England a chance to be in the games. That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: We have to make sure that we don't have those boneheaded mistakes which I feel like that we had we have, we have been having a lot of those the last few weeks. You know, a turnover here there that give that team the momentum back, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Absolutely, just surminder. We are brought to you by Bet three sixty five. Right now, new customers can choose between two offers when they open up an account at Bet three sixty five, either the first bet safety net one thousand, or bet five dollars get one fifty. Whatever the sport, whatever the moment, it's never ordinary. At Bet three sixty five, the official sports betting partner of the Washington Commanders, Fred hit that discovers.
Speaker 3: Must be twenty one plus and physically located in Virginia.
Speaker 2: Please gamble responsibly.
Speaker 3: If you are someone you know has a gambling problem and won't help, call one eight hundred gambler, Fred.
Speaker 1: Fantastic work there, Nice shop guys. All right now, let's talk about where the Commander's advantages are. And because Tommy DeVito is playing, yes, we've got a good Fellow's theme today, right, MafA, Yes, really exciting that. So what's that quote? Fred? It's as far back as I can remember, I've always wanted to be a leave a horse headed command commander. Right, that's the same commander. So this week we're gonna talk about who needs to be the enforcer, who needs to be the money, who's the wild man, who's the boss. So we'll start with the first one. Who needs to be the enforcer this week? For the Washington commander.
Speaker 3: You know what, if we was in the mafia right now, he would have the best enforcer name.
Speaker 2: You know what, go get to me, pain, kidd me, pain him and third and tell him what I say. I love him? Man, didn't force him for me?
Speaker 1: I love that one man? Yeah, because like he's been a little bit quiet.
Speaker 3: Yes see, like I'm waiting for him to dominate. Four quarters, Yeah, four quarters of domination. He might have forced him. What about you?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think I like that John Allen, I like would be another guy there for me. I was going to say, this is going to sound a little bit weird, but I was going to say Eric the enemy because I always think of an enforcer of someone who protects the team, protects the quarterback. And I think eb with his plan, is going to protect Sam howe.
Speaker 2: See, I think it as enforced as a guy that goes out in physically.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I'm saying, like a guy that I thought, you know, in this game, the guy that has kind of got the most important job of protecting Sam. Is what you're doing with the pen, which you gave me the idea right on top of the show, is what I'm doing with the pen on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday.
Speaker 5: Because I was going to add a coach too, but it was gonna be Derrie. What do I feel like this?
Speaker 4: Like Fred just talked about it, if this is the best opportunity, if these guys limping and they are are a nemesis kicking in and you know what why he's down. So these guys coming in limping at us, like, hey, black Eye already you know done being roughed up two weeks in, you know, weeks in the vance game plans something that's gonna put this game in advantage, you know, off the off the top of the game.
Speaker 1: And maybe to that point kind of following the theme is let that defense be the enforcer, right, get them confident, let them play it fast, let them play physical. We talked about Paying, talked about Alan, let that whole defensive line cook. Let the linebackers, cook, let's say, juice, play confident, right, all those things we were talking about, And I do think again, like it comes from the game plan, and so you know, for me, it's it's what's the protection plan for Sam and that starts with e B and that makes sure make sure he understands what that is. So I think I think del Rio, you b. I think Pain is an x onlle. I'd love to see Pain jump off this.
Speaker 2: I need him to be enforcer.
Speaker 3: I need him to kick people out the club if they ain't got security, kick him out.
Speaker 1: I love it. Yeah, yeah, that's a great one. All right. So next one who needs to be the money? Who needs to be money? I was gonna say Sam, I am too, because it's every week he's got to be happy to.
Speaker 4: Say is easy, it's easy to said and done. I mean it's trust me. Sam has right now put itself into the ranks of a lot of these other guys that's playing well in this league or the only thing that Sam don't have to go along with is the wins. But with that being said, if there's being said that if we was doing this better or just differently, then we should have wins with the production that he's been shown. So I think right now, when you're coming into a game that we knew that he struggled with early and last time, we face these guys with the blitz and all that stuff you talked about EB being that enforcer. EB called a great game, And like I say, put him in situations where he can flourish, where he can take advantage of his skill sets, get outside of the part, because that's another thing that I think that has slowed down for him.
Speaker 5: He's now confident to run.
Speaker 4: He's now confident enough to say, man, I'm a little more agile than the average yeah quarterback playing this position, you know what I mean. So put him in situations where when he see it, he knows I got the dump off here. Or I can take off and run and use my eyes and say, hey, if somebody pop up with down field, I gotta throw the ball.
Speaker 5: Or I can just go ahead and be who I've been hit the dump off guy? Hit one. I back, so our tight ends and live to see the next down.
Speaker 1: So y'all both agree on Sam have I mean, no, I got someone different, But I like Sam, how all lot who you got? So for me, it's Tyler Larson. Tyler Larson, this week has to be money, A calling protections, I d in productions. No free runners this week, No free runners. Let's make sure we got that stuff targeted correctly. And then he's got maybe the most challenging matchup on the entire offense. That's Dexter Lawrence. He's up for kind of defensive MVP in terms of statistical production. He had fifteen fifteen pressures against the gents, just absolutely manhandling the center. So Tyler, put your big boy pants on. You gotta be money this week. Go to id stuff. You got to be physically winning that matchup. And that's not always him by himself, but understanding when I where my help's coming from. How we double team this guy, how to maximize that He's got to be dialed in this week.
Speaker 3: When I think who gotta be money, I'm thinking, like, who got to be guarantee?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 3: Okay, you know when they on a sale credit card they take money like money.
Speaker 2: They say cash cash cash.
Speaker 3: You that ultimate trade off, like even to the point when you work that Friday coming you want that check.
Speaker 2: That check is that money. So I'm gonna go, what.
Speaker 3: Y'all did last time, I'm gonna Coach be Enemy.
Speaker 2: I need him to be money. I think for Sam to be.
Speaker 3: Money, I think the brain trust of Sam has to be money. Because the real violent matchup is Coach be Enemy versus Week Monday.
Speaker 2: So I need Coach be Enemy to be on point moving him out their pocket.
Speaker 3: I need him to be on point when he called them tight end screens in the red zone because he know they coming with zero blitzes. I need him to know what he's finna do before he do it. I need I need it to all look like it's all scripted. You know how we can tell the job.
Speaker 2: I need him to.
Speaker 3: Script four quarters of play. Coach be Enemy. I need you to be money.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love that one. Actually, obviously he's gonna be important. So this next one, I'm kind of curious to see what you guys gotta say. Who needs to be the wild man this week? Who needs to be the wild man this week? I cant dave Ooh.
Speaker 4: I love that Tanner Amon Davy all right, you already knows Saquon Barkley coming with his I need Jamin Davis flying around tattooing whoever got the ball in their hand?
Speaker 5: Yeah, they ain't got the ball in the here.
Speaker 4: I need to run the sideline, the side and to make sure that if you're trying to throw it to somebody, no, sir, ree, I'm here. Jamie Davis has been flying around, been making some good plays, you said, quietly, having one of his better seasons. I need Jamie Davis to be able to get that stadium rocking with his play, flashing every time you get a chance to flash in the run, game, flash in the pass the game. Just be disruptive, totally disruptive. Well, you know what, I just gave this dude this new nickname. I'm gonna have to go with c C. I'm gonna have to go with Cam Curll.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna have to go with see too. Should I call him see two card him?
Speaker 4: And not that. All I'm saying that Cam Curll does, got a K in one of his names, fault, but you can't substitute it.
Speaker 2: All I'm saying is I need Cam to be wild.
Speaker 3: And when I say wow, he plays so much under control sometimes I think it stopped him from getting that. I've kept the play. I need him to. I need the numbers to look like his games, because when you watch his games, You're like, oh, he all over the fall field, But then like, where's that pick, Where's that first fumble, where's that fumble recovery?
Speaker 2: Where's that play that made it short for saying where's that play?
Speaker 3: Because I think he's that dog on defense right now, and the defense will take his identity. So if you need him to buy be a wild man, I need him to be a little bit more wilder than Tarzan. I need him to be more like Sasquash. I'm talking about book Bigfoot.
Speaker 1: Wild all right. For me, it's be Robin and I think past protection, standpoint, run the football, catching the football, be that wild man. That kind of extra piece to the offense makes him supposed to plays. Get something off of Sam Howe. Right last time, we got to be quick here because our special guest has just arrived. But who needs to be the boss this game?
Speaker 2: The Rick Ross at the room the boss.
Speaker 3: I'm a save it for Sam Howe because I ain't used the air Wolf already.
Speaker 2: Y'all use the air Wolf.
Speaker 3: The one thing we know about any good Mafia movie, they are only strong as the boss, all right, And right now, you know one of my favorite all time is Lucky Luciano from Yeah no no, he reals.
Speaker 2: So, my guys, him and my Lanski is the head of the thing. He knew how.
Speaker 3: To diversify everything. And what Sam Howe has done a good job of is spreading the wealth when it comes to his wide receiver's tight ends and running backs, so nobody can divvy up the bread and make sure everybody get what they do besides the boss, and the boss is Sam how aka Sam Snow.
Speaker 2: I like it.
Speaker 6: I like it.
Speaker 1: What you got to think?
Speaker 5: I need my boss to be none other than the boss Ron Rivera.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, I.
Speaker 5: Wait to call give them guys a great speech.
Speaker 4: Motivational speech speeches where you want to go run through the wall and watch our team go out there and play.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, I love that one actually, So for me, it's Terry McLaurin and Kendall Frell. I'm gonna take two. And the reason I want them to be the boss just because I want them to make I want them to make some plays like I want to think fuller if you can get a interception, this game huge for the defensive confidence. And I just think about the first matchup and Terry getting those explosive plays beating up on banks in the second half of that football game. Like, sometimes it's not always perfect. Sometimes the pocket's a little weird. The Sam Hallano where Terry McLaurin is, let's make a play down the field.
Speaker 3: So do teror really want to get them back for them two passes they kind of got away from I'm.
Speaker 1: Sure he does. I'm sure we are brought to you by bet three six five. Get your straight bets paid out or parlay selection marked as a winner when your team goes up by seventeen points, regardless of whether the opponent comes back to win the game.
Speaker 2: Fred, So any point in the game, any point in the game, seventeen points, that's right, you pay me now.
Speaker 1: Tan, What do you think about that?
Speaker 5: He was pretty sounds good to me. I sucks that bet.
Speaker 1: I want some of that have gone up by seventeen and we've paid out nearly fifty two times this season as of nine to eleven, And one of those games, Fred was who.
Speaker 3: Ah it was the Commanders versus the Broncos. I never forget benapped twenty one points.
Speaker 1: So four times this season both money lines have been paid out because of an early NFL payout. The end result of the game, whatever the sport, whatever the moment, it's never ordinary. At bet three sixty five Bet three six five, the official sports betting partner of the Washington Co Banners.
Speaker 2: What I want.
Speaker 1: To bet that my pies a better than Okay, well, until we get there, we got to say, must be twenty one and physically located in Virginia. Please gamble responsibly. If someone you know has a gambling problem and wants helped, call gambler. So, Fred, yeah, you're betting.
Speaker 3: I've been right now ten to one. My pie doesn't look better than he is, taste better.
Speaker 2: Than he is.
Speaker 6: So for those who don't, for those just.
Speaker 2: Joining us cooking, don't go by looks.
Speaker 1: So this is Zach Selby. He's a staff writer. He was here earlier this season and he baked a a pumpkin pie that was very good, and you say pumpkins, yeah, And then you baked a sweet potato pie and then it was it was pretty good, and basically you said, hey, we got to redo this, we gotta swip the flip the script, just to know who's the better pure baker. So, in honor of Thanksgiving coming up here soon, Zach, you baked a.
Speaker 6: A sweep teata pie with some wrinkles to it.
Speaker 1: With some wrinkles to it.
Speaker 2: Wasn't your first sweet potato pie.
Speaker 6: No, that was my second one. But I've never had this.
Speaker 2: But guess what, I have never made pumpkin anything.
Speaker 6: Fred, So let me just say.
Speaker 1: This is Fred's pie. I don't know, Fred, I'm not feeling that great about the depth of this pie.
Speaker 5: Hey, that's because I mean, it's okay with me.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying early in the process, not feeling great.
Speaker 3: So when it comes to piece of your Chicago, piece of guy Detroit, piece of you.
Speaker 1: Like dish, I actually like thin crush all right, when you.
Speaker 2: Were like mine New York style pumpkin pie.
Speaker 1: All right? So Zach, do you want to do your you? I heard you have like a presentation here for your Okay, let's.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he got like a little cloud. It's some happy birthday can.
Speaker 5: A wrinkle to us? I want to know what this wrinkle is.
Speaker 3: He tried to do too much, and I'm telling you it's over this marshmallow potato pie.
Speaker 7: Okay, mic sweet tainta pie with a little extra wrinkles into it. Obviously, this is a marshmallow meringue on top of this pile is over.
Speaker 6: It's over, and you're right, it is over.
Speaker 7: There's another extra recipite ingredient in here that I want to see if you can you could identify.
Speaker 4: See I'm gonna tell you something right now, and I'm not gonna knock your pie because I haven't tasted.
Speaker 5: But this is what we talk about. When you make potatoes ound and you put.
Speaker 4: Raisins and yours meallows you.
Speaker 5: Put a minimal it's sweet, but get out your feelings.
Speaker 2: I'm talking to that.
Speaker 1: Sound.
Speaker 4: You can't do that when you're making something for everybody to try.
Speaker 2: Thank you extra stuff.
Speaker 1: He's not a competition, it's just about I'm just I don't mompkin sweep. I don't mind.
Speaker 5: But I'm not saying you're not good.
Speaker 1: No, no, what in here? Fred? This isn't just pumpkin. There's like sugar. There's butter. That's I guess. So that's a recipe.
Speaker 5: Feelings involved.
Speaker 2: To fields are involved. Man, you want me here. I'm not trying. I'm not trying to knock him.
Speaker 4: I'm just telling him I haven't tasted it yet, so I'm gonna taste it. But when he has a competition too, much. If you don't think a competition. If they say make something, you're gonna make it to what they say.
Speaker 2: Faces God, I'm has eight sugar in twenty sevents.
Speaker 1: Hey, let's defend himself.
Speaker 6: We'll let me ask you this. All right, all right, when you're going into a game.
Speaker 7: All I'm saying for the film you watch film, are you gonna do just everything the team effects you to do?
Speaker 1: No, you're gonna overcome coaching. You overcome coaching.
Speaker 2: Can't overcome coaching. Can't do that with cooking.
Speaker 1: You overcame coach that with cooking.
Speaker 3: Sometimes cooking is very simplistic. You cook the food. They put hot sauce on your chicken. But that would that looks like a sweet potato pie. Supposed reason problem.
Speaker 5: The reason why I say that knows that.
Speaker 4: The reason why I say that is because you have people that's picky me. What I told you, I don't eat creamy white stuff. He don't he when you put creamy white stuff on and it's going to and all my life eating sweet potato.
Speaker 5: I ain't creamy white stuff because guess what.
Speaker 1: I'm exactly, I don't think it's gonna be creamy here, though, yes, it is what do you do?
Speaker 7: Let's let's let's do that's I'm gonna tell you know how I drop it.
Speaker 4: I'm just saying, like, you don't want to see potato.
Speaker 1: This we let's put on the camera. Where's the camera at?
Speaker 2: So this is this is what they do, just.
Speaker 1: Saying, man, we're gonna cchrist this up. No more creamy white stuff tanner.
Speaker 5: White on top of sweet potato pile mushoes on.
Speaker 1: No, you never had it, marshmallows, you never had it.
Speaker 2: Of course you have no sweet potato.
Speaker 7: Yeah, of course ever, but we don't make no sweep potato pie making were cream.
Speaker 6: That's yeah, boy, look at that. That smells amazing.
Speaker 5: This smells like is that I ain't knacky, I'm just la camera.
Speaker 3: This looks like it smells like grass hop of butt. No, that sounds like like let's don't taste it, man, because they like trying to get.
Speaker 4: Telling them potato you that's all you gotta do.
Speaker 1: While while Zach's cutting this pie up, let's taste let's get our predictions and.
Speaker 3: Don't forget I made a pumpkin pie. My first pumpkin pie.
Speaker 1: Quotes in pump Out. I still don't believe that okay real quick. While we're getting the world, Jason's cutting this up. Predictions for the game, Tandy want to start, beat him, feed him? Yeah, that's it.
Speaker 5: I ain't got no prediction.
Speaker 3: Keep it say my prediction for the game. The game will start off a little slow. It's still the NFC East game, no matter who's out there. These teams know each other. But then I think somebody's gonna start to separate because of some big play in the second half. Will it be on special teams, will it be on the offense, Will it be a defensive play. But I think if this team, if you want to go and get this team out of here, you gotta make a play early. I don't think the big play can come late because if you let this team stick around, I'm putting my money in fourth quarter on the Giants just because you let them stick around.
Speaker 1: Jack, you got a prediction?
Speaker 6: Yeah, and actually I kind of.
Speaker 1: Do all right.
Speaker 2: Well, we know you can't make plot, but you.
Speaker 6: Can't writhing prediction ing.
Speaker 7: Martin is gonna bring the freaking heat. I think Sam how is gonna do a lot better than he did week mat He's gonna respond better. I think eb is going to have a better game plan. I think they're gonna be able to get the ball quicker and get some promentium momentum goingside from the seven points they put in week seven.
Speaker 3: And so they also got lost in on the offensive line and Chris Paul, do you think they got something to do with I agree with Zach there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think I.
Speaker 4: Think that's another thing too that you can kind of add to what our success from the last few weeks of offensive play has stem from, just those guys on the officive line.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 4: Don't get me wrong, I feel like Sadik Charge is capable, he's a he's a he was a great he was doing great.
Speaker 5: But to see Chris.
Speaker 4: Paul come in, they just work where the arson to come in and seeing things a little differently, man, it just gives you that kind of assurance that something has changed. No, no, we're not quite sure if it's really you know them or just some of the play calling, but something something, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Some change, and then it's making it easier for Sam to showcase his standag.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So I'm optimistic about this game. There's not a lot of stuff that New York has going for him. But again, it's a it's a division rival, who knows. But I expect them to win this football game, and I expect SAM to look a lot better. And that's one of the reasons why I think they'll be able to score a lot of points.
Speaker 3: Get get if Sam don't do out an extra because people do extra stuff, don't always go out. We want them to do. Take the marshmallows on top.
Speaker 2: Of it, just stay to the core. It would make the game.
Speaker 1: So you never had marshmallows with pine, I'm.
Speaker 3: Black, you never never, never, never had marshmallows on top of my.
Speaker 6: Sweep missing out?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I used to. One of my family was used to bake them in like, not on top like that, but bake them in into the.
Speaker 5: Into the pie.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I've seen that before that I've seen the marshmallow swirl into us.
Speaker 5: I've seen that before. But by the time you get it, it's in there so much to what you're just tasting it, you're not really seeing it.
Speaker 3: So did you ever put marshmallows on top of your pumpkin pie?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I think it was more of like a whipped cream type scenario, which I.
Speaker 6: Made, by the way, last time homemade whip cream.
Speaker 1: Oh was that homemade? It was pretty good.
Speaker 2: Well, I just made that bring that was in my banana.
Speaker 1: Pla banana pudding that we should have that on here too. That was pretty good.
Speaker 6: I'll give you this. That was good. That was very good.
Speaker 2: You know what, that's my grandma recipe right there.
Speaker 7: I had thought about this when I was dead lifting this morning. I was thinking about it this morning. I was thinking about it that this current has hand exactly.
Speaker 1: You know we can't have You've had You've had marshmallows and your supertata, right, I've had it.
Speaker 4: No, I've seen it like my mom make it like that what I'm saying, like I've seen I've been places.
Speaker 5: Where they cooked it into their their their plies.
Speaker 2: It's raining forks in his mouth, Thank you.
Speaker 6: Thank you?
Speaker 4: All right, let me I'm just gonna let both y'all know. I'm scared to eat from you.
Speaker 1: Well what did friend say it with.
Speaker 5: Red sad with his baby hands, you know, telling baby you know.
Speaker 6: What, I will eat yours first.
Speaker 1: Pump first, And it is pumpkin, all right, Fred?
Speaker 2: It is pretty good? All right, Fred is pretty good. You forget it's pumpkin, don't you.
Speaker 6: No, it's pumpkin.
Speaker 1: The only thing only Chris is my have it tastes amazing?
Speaker 3: My crusts skinny, a little soft.
Speaker 2: Well, I didn't want to make it too long, but I.
Speaker 1: Like my crust to be a little you know, like feel it. But yeah, like it's the feeling fread, which is why you're eating a pie. Let's be honest. Very good. Wait, this is your first pumpkin pie. What do you think, Jason? What do we got?
Speaker 5: Good? Pumpkin? All right?
Speaker 2: Man, Jason, come on, man, come on. You gotta like what you're gonna to put it in to kill the pumpkin.
Speaker 6: That is a requirement for it. I feel like, I mean, if you're.
Speaker 2: Gonna kill the pumpkin, taste, you gonna kill it with me.
Speaker 5: What do you think? Love the pumpkin?
Speaker 6: Okay?
Speaker 5: I jumping and taste the sweet potato too good. It's just different. I'm not a white white I'm going in on sweet potato now, I'm not the white stuff. Yeah, I know that.
Speaker 2: I'm with it.
Speaker 1: Man, Damn, I did a good job of this.
Speaker 5: I don't eat good. I don't eat meal.
Speaker 6: This is really good.
Speaker 2: Now what I can.
Speaker 4: Say, I'm not being biased I'm gonna go ahead and be the first person I like.
Speaker 5: I'm not big on trying people stuff.
Speaker 1: Try and good stuff. Okay, that's a answer.
Speaker 5: The white stuff threw me on, but it's okay. I'm not a pumpkin guy at all. This don't taste like pumpkin takes good.
Speaker 7: So if I had, well, I think what we're learning is that you're more of a pumpkin person than you think, because no, I'm not pumpkin.
Speaker 6: You like the pumpkin.
Speaker 5: I like your pumpkin.
Speaker 4: That means you like I said that, you're something that people don't usually eat.
Speaker 2: Taste good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, y'all good bakers. I'm a sweep tea guy, and fresh people tell it was awesome.
Speaker 5: It was perfect. It was awesome.
Speaker 4: The only thing that got me on the sweet tea. You probably got me if you even had the white that one.
Speaker 5: So I can't even really like taste what I'm trying to taste.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's it's a soft taste.
Speaker 4: Yes, killing me because I'm already in my head, I'm thinking you waiting on there, sweep a day.
Speaker 5: I'm thinking about mayonnaise. I'm thinking about all the white stuff you call, all the stuff that ranch everything you can think of it.
Speaker 6: I don't agree with that. I think that I think you don't.
Speaker 5: Agree with it.
Speaker 4: I don't want you to agree with it. I'm just saying for me, this was killing me from enjoying it.
Speaker 3: I think it's pretty good, but it's to be your second sweet potato pie.
Speaker 6: Okay, all right, all right?
Speaker 5: Fred?
Speaker 2: So you said if I'd have made my deep dish.
Speaker 1: Like he No, I think it actually works, like the fact that it's not a big I wish there was more sweet potato when your sheet potato high.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, no, I bought this crush.
Speaker 5: Yes, Fred made his own crush last time.
Speaker 2: I made it last time though. Yeah, that's the difference.
Speaker 3: Well, see, I was already scared to make pumpkin in the first place, so I was like, let me, let me get the pumpkin part of this, and I worried about the crust.
Speaker 1: After word, the crushes bomb. Well, I just wish it was more stoot potato.
Speaker 6: We taste, what do you think the extra flavor isn't it?
Speaker 5: It's something different more taste one.
Speaker 6: Second clo No, I mean there is clod in it, but.
Speaker 1: I'm kind of smell blind, looky, So it's tough for me. What do we got, Zach?
Speaker 6: Bourbon?
Speaker 2: You put a little bourbon in there there?
Speaker 1: I got at what type?
Speaker 6: Jim bean?
Speaker 2: My my braind you go?
Speaker 1: Just I just got some more stuet potato. Yeah, and I think that it would have elevated I might have to say Fred's feelings a little bit better.
Speaker 2: It's hurting you damn cold.
Speaker 3: How did I beat you with pumpkin mane?
Speaker 2: You know me?
Speaker 1: You know, I mean, I like it. I just think I think we need a little bit more, like what is it? What is it?
Speaker 5: It's like like that I'm gonna be a you know, I'm not. It's hard for me to lie. I was impressed with Zach.
Speaker 1: Pumpkin baker, though there's no disputing that.
Speaker 5: I think Zach know he how good he can bake.
Speaker 4: And I'm talking to Jackson, Zach here, you know you're a good baker, and you sell him a thread up this time, I'm gonna put some marshmallow, a little burbon.
Speaker 5: Just coming.
Speaker 4: He should have to the cold, because I mean, I think, honestly, you can bake. So it's like you ain't have to even try him, you know what I mean? And I think him being regular deglar. He made the pumpkin.
Speaker 5: Taste like sweet potato potato. He made it taste good, So.
Speaker 6: I agree with that.
Speaker 1: But the opinion, I mean, it's jack, it's good.
Speaker 5: It's good.
Speaker 3: Lose it is hard for everybody.
Speaker 2: Never one of them things where you won't to lose.
Speaker 6: Well, let me tell you this. I don't think I lost.
Speaker 3: But guess what, like Mike Tyson say, everybody got a play until they get pressed.
Speaker 1: How is that relevant right now?
Speaker 2: Because he got pushed? But also, you.
Speaker 1: Didn't make your own crust.
Speaker 5: Brod On, so let on let me add to that. Let me add to that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, like I like the punkin, Well, let me just talk to about the crust part of it. The majority of your grandma's ain't make their own crust.
Speaker 5: They wouldn't have got that.
Speaker 4: They would have got that pain that that Fred brought his in that has a crust already in it from Weigman or you're from where we're from, wind Dixie are public or giant, and they went and made they they feeling and put it in there.
Speaker 1: So we just got a good bite of Zach's with a nice big piece of sweet potato. Maybe a little more sweet potato and I would have been in on it.
Speaker 7: Well, all hair is the winner me and then three wrong opinions.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's the great thing about a taste test. We he has, the cooks don't get to choose they.
Speaker 1: What did you think of this?
Speaker 2: I thought it was great, Like Tanna saying he took it and lived.
Speaker 3: Too one line went for it eventual line I knew when he had it in Frid like, yeah, I got some extra stuff he did threw his step out of the bread. It's just like wearing hot hot top claks and you know they slowing you that.
Speaker 2: It's been too much.
Speaker 1: Well, thank you guys so much for making these delicious pies. I really appreciate it, and thanks for getting to try something new. Yeah exactly.
Speaker 3: You think my banana putting set you for failure to I don't think all right?
Speaker 5: How you call them things that worked? The little potluck?
Speaker 2: Yeah we had the potlup.
Speaker 4: I went to a lot of pot lugs in my life, and I never tried to raises and the ras.
Speaker 7: The only one pumpkin, one pumpkin, one that you couldn't make you think about it, think about it, both pies, the umkin, your first time was better and the pumpkin this time was better.
Speaker 3: Well that's so what about that frod Because it's all about expectations, you know.
Speaker 2: The expectation for the pumpkin is so low. Everybody be shot like free.
Speaker 7: It wasn't zelly versus friend, it was punkin versus potato.
Speaker 6: And this is pumpkin, one.
Speaker 4: Know, because your pumpkin then beat.
Speaker 5: I love this. Wee potato too though. Over y'all, y'all had a tie last time, right.
Speaker 3: So now I just edged you out because this is not a tie.
Speaker 2: So say I'll be good.
Speaker 1: All right, that's gonna do it for today's show. Thank you so much for joining joining it, and uh well you guys, stay away from pumpkin pie.
Speaker 4: We are brought to you by Bet three six five. At Bet three six five, we don't do ordinary. We believe every sport should be epic. That's why we offer an end game experience which covers over seventy sports and seven hundred and eighty live streams two ninety million customers worldwide. Our online betting brand is powered by a world class proprietary product and over seven thousand employees across the globe. Whatever sport, whatever, the moment, It's never ordinary At bet three sixty five, the official sports betting partner of the Washington Commanders must be twenty one plus and physically located in Virginia.
Speaker 5: Please gamble responsibly.
Speaker 4: If you or someone know has a gambling problem and wants helped, call one eight hundred Gambler.
Speaker 1: The views and opinions expressed by our podcast guests and or hosts are their own and do not necessarily reflect the views or positions of the Washington Commanders or any of their representatives.