Speaker 1: Hey, it's speedy, and this is Rick and Bubba's Greatest tits, flashing back through thirty one years of Radio Gold. Every Saturday morning, wherever you get your podcast, it's Ricking Bubba's Greatest.
Speaker 2: Tits, Ricking Bubba, Ricking Bubba.
Speaker 3: Well, Rick and I want to thank y'all for not mentioning my eyebrows this morning, because I tried to trim one this morning and uh oh, I just now my goodness, oh my gosh. And you know, uh, y'all just to draw back, I appreciate y'all holding your comments till this segment.
Speaker 4: What what what in the world?
Speaker 3: Well, I have a you know, I have an electric razer that you know, you trim your eyebrows with from time to time. It has a little guard on it, you know, a little plastic take the guard off. And uh, well, thank you Ham for jumping ahead here in the story. But you know this and and and trying to do that procedure early in the morning is bad anyway. But after you've been out of town all weekend. We were at farm, you know, out about you know, you glance, you go, I got some of my brows.
Speaker 5: There a little you know, my need little attention along with.
Speaker 4: The rest of them. You know, Brian Ringan did a bit on this, and he's right. You get the point now, So you walk by the mirror like man, I got it. I got a hair just stinging straight out of my forehead.
Speaker 5: What any words? Yeah, it is strange.
Speaker 3: But I tried to trim that on the way out the door this morning, and about halfway through it, I realized, Hey, there's no guard on that.
Speaker 6: Baby.
Speaker 3: I'm cutting load. I'm trimming, I'm cutting the putt and green here.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 5: The good news is it grows back.
Speaker 4: But you hope I thought you were lighting the grill, you know. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I gets all of it at one time.
Speaker 3: But I dug in a little deep air to begin with. Or I realized I didn't have the guard. Yea, well you won't have I won't have that long, you know, tangled up hair sticking out there, A pencils on it. Let me tell you what happened. I'll sell a lot of great pencils. I'll go, I'll go, I'll go military with you. I know how you love the military.
Speaker 4: You wanted to do a precise strike, and sadly innocent people were killed.
Speaker 3: Yeah, It should have been a surgical strike, ended up being a carpet bomber.
Speaker 1: It looks good, I said, there's one long one over on the I say, exactly where you stopped.
Speaker 5: That's the only one I see from here. Well I quit, I just quit.
Speaker 4: I just quit. That's you can't really tell, you can't.
Speaker 5: I guess now that.
Speaker 1: Now that you've brought it up, I can really tell. I be looking at Yeah, that was the that one hair I want to come get it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, just let it go. I mean I skinned around there.
Speaker 6: Good.
Speaker 7: He paid a big enough price already. Did they ask you when you get your haircut, do you want that trim? Yeah, they've started doing that where I go, yeah, that's first time. And so I figured it's just this is the first time they've gotten away from.
Speaker 3: Now, when you get older, what is funny your line starting, it'll start to receive And Greggs made that point to us several times. But but your hair, your your eyebrows, the hair in your nose and your ear, it like tries to make up for it, and I'm like, hey, you're wrong.
Speaker 5: My nose is you're in the wrong crazy, you.
Speaker 3: Know, he gets out of hand my nose shop when I was just a kid, and y'all tell me this because I don't know. Mister Kelly, they used to do something with a match or something. Matt, Yeah, where were you? This is back in Jackson years ago when I was just mister Kelly.
Speaker 4: What he was the barber? Okay, okay?
Speaker 3: And and I remember he'd do some kind of flash fire and burn that out of people's nose.
Speaker 4: That's are you sing something? I don't know if I'm right or yeah. I'd like to see. But here's the thing. Brian would be like, you know, I'm like, hey, were you sure that your barber didn't smoke? Corrects?
Speaker 5: Kelly didn't. It wouldn't grow back as fast. Mister Henderson was my first barber, and then mister Kelly.
Speaker 4: What was our guy Greg, mister Craven, Yeah, the Riffler shop or Razors heads. But let's go back to this now. That's gwen'sarden and Brian Reagan talked about it, these hairs that start growing out of your head as you get older. And Brian Reagan does a great bit about it because and I agree with him. It's like Jack and the Beanstalk. I mean, they go from zero to hero I mean, you go, I didn't have a hair hare yesterday. No way that hair got that long. That questions.
Speaker 3: It's like you get one follicle that tries to make up for the failure of a bunch of us.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and it's in the wrong play.
Speaker 4: Wow, there is an article of it's like magic tem to burn your nose hairs.
Speaker 5: Yeah, some flash fire. It scared me to death when I was a kid.
Speaker 4: I go, Dad, I don't.
Speaker 3: Want that, I said, Dad, I don't want Dad, I said.
Speaker 5: I was a little guy. I didn't even have a choice.
Speaker 4: You were sitting that a little bit because I wored them that. You know, I never thought that I would start enjoying summer like I'm a kid again, Like school's out and I'm like, I'm so having having fun. Matter of fact, today I think one of my sons and I go a little fishing after the show today and try to get that in yesterday. We weren't able to get it in. But h so you know that kind of stuff. You know, we're watching movies. We're going back through watching all the Jurassic parts to get ready for the new one. Because I realized that, you know, my kids point, I have not point break that they cannot. So I haven't seen that. I haven't seen that breakpoint or breaking. I haven't seen it.
Speaker 5: You know, you need to plan a weekend and catch them all.
Speaker 4: You know, really the point movies, I don't know what I have to do to get you to watch for the love of the game. Well, somebody brings up some.
Speaker 5: I meant to sit down and watch it the other day and something happened.
Speaker 4: I'm at the point I do I want you to watch it? Yeah, you know, it's the way with me about you know, what is it where eagles there? Yeah, I still haven't watched it. I mean I watched it as a kid, I think, but I don't. I don't. Sometimes I'm afraid to go back, like I'm going back through these Jurassic Park movies now, and you know, some of it is like you, I wouldn't ready for Vince Vaughan to be some raging you know, Save the Earth Guy Run Durastic Part two. That was weird. But so you know, well, there's always various stories and talking about all the various kids, and they've have provided so much material, and you know, in every time of their life brings new things and and you know, when you're the father of many, you you go through one thing and you come back around. The problem is because the God has made people so individual and so detailed and so unique really in general, I guess you can prepare yourself for different things if you've already been through it. But it's a different person and different personality and all kinds of different things. And you know, right now it seems to be the kid. And it's been various kids throughout the years that have produced the stories. Right now, Brooks Big Love Burges seems to be bringing the most material to what dad does for a living right now, you know. And it's been different ones throughout the you know, throughout you know, one you married used to Boomer was the one, and then you had the drama of me having you know, a teenage daughter when she was little and you know, probably the meanest one of all of them when it came to athletics and things like that. So so anyway, you know, Brooks Big Love Burgess. You know, his name says it all. No one's ever had a nickname that was more appropriate. And he was nicknamed that as a toddler when he hugged above his daughter right through somebody's what was it, a little well coffee table.
Speaker 3: He was going in for the hug, and he got the hug and took her down and took them both through a coffee table, smashing it to bit.
Speaker 4: Yep. That was it. Yeah. So anyway he has and his nicknames. You'll see in this story new nicknames are being considered at different stages of life. And so, you know, I told the story about, you know, the diesel incident with his which you'll play into the story about him putting diesel in his car as a sixteen year old. Of course, only problem is not a diesel car. And then we had the then we had the road barrel incident. You know that he brought home three four miles to the house from where he ran over it.
Speaker 5: Scraping all the way.
Speaker 4: Yep, yep. Yeah.
Speaker 5: And I still don't know how you got that out from the car. That's a pretty big way.
Speaker 4: There's some kind of superhuman thing. I guess I don't know what it was yet. Rage Yeah, yeah, that was probably it. And then I turned into my dad that this story has a lot of elements. It has it just has the things that are obvious. It has the you know, the personality of the kid. It has, you know, the days we're living in. There's a grandparent time here. That may be one of the most alarming parts of the story. So so he just went through his first ever football spring training, first time he's been old enough where there's actually a spring training. He'll be on the JV slash varsity, and they do it different than they did when we were kids. Now Now, most teams, no matter how big the school, the JV and the varsity are altogether. It wasn't that way when we were playing. The JV was completely separate from the varsity and you were only on the varsity if you were varsity. I mean that means you were going to play for the varsity. If you weren't, then you were on a separate team with a separate coach, separate practice field, the whole deal. But they don't do it that way anymore, most of them combined. So you're in, you know, the spring training with a varsity and you may or may not be on the varsity scurt and how you pan it and pan out so anyway, but you'll always dress with them, and which always makes for an interesting thing because especially when you hit that JV World where your kid plays JV but has to dress with the varsity. So now you got two games with one kid anyway. But anyway, so I don't know how that's going to land. We'll see according to the team needs and how he does. But so he has spring training. And we're at the point now, which we've talked about a lot on this program. We we the generation of parents today. We must, we must, we must prepare our children to leave. You know, they were talking about the other day now that it's nothing for a kid to be twenty six, twenty seven and their mom and daddy's still be making all their decisions. And you may not be locked into to your career, but you really should not still be. You know, your parents are should be in a in a kind of a counseling move now or you co to get advice from They shouldn't still be running your life. You know what I mean. It's it's time to it's time to go. I mean, you've got to go. You got to develop your own thing. So at sixteen, you've got a car, you've got an account, you've got a job this summer. You know, we'll help her here or there, but you know, start you start making a little money doing you know, and so pretty much, you got to get to practice. You got to get your stuff. We're done with you. You're not in the Little League anymore where mama has to get your stuff and get it ready. You got to take full responsibilities. So you go do your own thing. I'm not I'm not calling coaches and asking about when practice is and so so. Anyway, and he's doing great, and he's he'd had an injury of the year before, and everything's going to be okay with that, and it's about all I was doing. Hey, how's the injury? Fine, how'd you do today? Okay, So he gets into this week where he has this this young lady that he has been trying to you know, take like on a little social thing together and go do something together now that he has his car, and the parents are saying, well, me like a date. Yeah, well yeah, but you know most time they group date, but this would be something where they go do something, you know, go get some popsicles or go to lunch or something like that. And I said, as we should, Well, you're gonna have to talk to her dad about that. I mean that that has to be okay with her dad. So he does. He takes responsibility. It's her birthday. He goes over to the parents' house, takes a little gift, you know, Mama helped him with that, you know what to pick out, and goes so there she's not there, but the dad's there. He talks to the dad. He comes in and sits down with the dad, and the dad says, you know what, after school on Friday, if you would like to take her to go get some popsicles or something like that or ice cream, that's good with me. I'm good. Well, of course, I mean, that's the greatest thing in the world with all green live, right, So you float home or drive home right. Well, And there was a conflict on that evening. There was a big group thing happening that evening with another friend of both of theirs that had a birthday. But but he wanted them, he want to do something just for her birthday. And he was tied up the rest of the weekend. We were going to be gone, and I said, so you don't have practice Friday afternoon, and he and at the time he said, well, you know, and they do want to give you something they only give you so many days for spring training. I thought, sometimes you go Monday through Thursday, and then I knew they had a spring game the following week, you know, against another school. So I knew all five days next week they were tied up. And I never really even checked up. I was just like, you know, okay, I guess, well then that that'll work, and Friday it is, and you know, and we'll come back. I don't know what this is and why this is, but it seems anytime in parenting world, if you ever make the mistake of thinking, I've got a few minutes to relax right now, man, I got it, just like I like it. Every thing is a time out right, everything big time. Hey, everything is copa setting.
Speaker 5: Everything's in play, you know.
Speaker 4: Let me just sit right here. So we'll come back and the day arrives and uh, the big day things that I will describe to you next, some of them. There's one particular thing that's going to come at the end of this story that you're not gonna see coming, and it will it will blow your mind, all right. So we'll be back fifteen minutes past eight six six we be big More of the Rick and Bubba Show comes your way. Right it for this.
Speaker 2: Rick and Bubba Rick.
Speaker 4: And Bubba tales from Family Life have been on this program for all twenty one years. Indeed, there's best of CDs packed with various things we've all gone through as friends, as husbands, as dads, and uh just as as men. So this story features and seems to be on a roll right now. Brooks Big Love Burgess now sixteen, driving you know, and got a job for the summer playing on the varsity slash JV football team spring training. Just in our school has a later spring training. It just ended back around Mother's Day, and so I've been holding this the story and now I'm reliving it so to make to catch you up. It is Friday. I was told there was no practice that day, So Brooks Big Love Burgess has an after school taking young lady after the dad said it was okay to go get some popsicles. This kind of resembles to date, but we're not calling this famous popsicle place for her birthday and they're just going to spend a few hours together for the afternoon. He'll take her back home. Come on to the house. I'm at home. Have the day pretty much like I like it. Just play a little water back basketball with his brother. Now I'm not exaggerating this. My wife's in the house. I literally am now getting into the lounge chair to relax. I always get in the shade there near the pool, and I rock back and I settle into that chair, and I like, you like it? I think, you know, I'm so proud. You know, he's handled this. He's having a good time. Even saw them walking out to the car together as I passed the school with his brother. Told my wife, man, you should have seen them. And he was dressed up and she was cute, and here they go, and we're just feeling so good about it. And so it never fails. About the time I get my sunglasses on in my head, nestle's back in that little cushion, that little waterproof cushion. My phone on the little table next to me. I pick it up. It's a text from one of my neighbors. Textedn't really didn't know what was going on here? It is now he has nicknamed Big Love because of the the gasoline diesel incident. He's now completely calls him Diesel. And so I looked down at the text. What numbers diesel? I think well, they did get their uniforms for the game next Friday night, So maybe he's talking about his son's got his uniform out and he's wondering. So I didn't immediately think anything, right, I thought, and I'll send him back seventy seven oh sevens don't see him. I don't see him. What is he talking about? And before I could even get the phone up out of the house runs my wife holding her cell phone filled with mothers, asking where is Brooks? Why is he not in the scrimmage? And I'm like, what is it? And I and I said, is there a scrimmage? And say, yeah, man, we're looking from where is it? I don't see him. Well you don't see him because he's eating popsicles, you know what I mean? I mean yeah, and unless the scrimmage is that still city pop Yeah, I'll tell you w I don't see him. He's not there. And uh. And so there's now like twenty minutes left in the practice and here comes lover boy bouncing into the house on cloud nun It might as well. It might as well been in the movie f when he comes into that meeting and interrupts it. Yeah, you know, and I don't care who knows it, damn right. And so I said, uh, I said, hey, are you supposed to be the scrimmage and this they're stupid sixteen year old, that old blank look you know what I mean? And uh, well, I mean they changed what they changed it. I thought we didn't have branks on Friday night. You already had this shut up. I love this. I just want to stick to my commitment. Oh and I'm like you talking about yourquitment to the team or to the you can move a move a popsicle day. Well, we's gonna be out time res afternoon. I just I said, you just stuck with this when the coach besides, he's going scrimmage on Friday. You that's that. That takes over everything.
Speaker 5: I thought you were gonna say math team from there.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, not that. Uh And I said, and I look, in course, my wife's horse than I am. She's like, hey, well, I said, hey, you know, your whole world is turned upside down, but we got to deal with right now. Let me let me tell what you we do right now. You're gonna get in that car, you know, the one you got, like you like it. You're gonna go up to the field and you're gonna walk out on the field and you're gonna tell you can tell the coach what you did, that you went on a day into a popsicles. You want to stick to his committee.
Speaker 3: It sounds better to say I was sick. So then as he rolls out of there, you know, just as wide as a sheet. My thing that I guess I always investigate at that age, how did you think this was going end? Did you think, well, somehow you talk about living in the moment? Rick hormone was over rule logic all the time. I mean, look at the look around you. So so now I've got I've got the neighbor, who will now give me play by play?
Speaker 4: Okay, so you've gone so ill, I said, give me play. But he goes, oh, here he comes, here, he comes, he's walking. Oh well, coach ain't even waiting on him. I said, he's going after him.
Speaker 5: I said.
Speaker 4: He said, he can't even get to and the coaches coaches, the coaches breaking down that distance coming out. He goes, oh, he's on him, I said. He said, Oh, Rick is awful. I don't even know if I should be looking at him. He said, he is getting shooed, so, oh gosh, here comes a defensive coach like that, and I said, they both thought. He goes. I mean it's a double Oh my god, he goes. You know, I don't. I don't happy go lucky looked that big love carries around and it's the sunshine. Wherever he goes, he goes, it's gone, it's gone, he said. I mean it's bad. It is bad.
Speaker 6: All.
Speaker 4: I said, well, that that that's that's that's that's dealing with it. So it comes home, I said, I said, how did that go? He said not good? Not good? And I said, are you off the team? I said, because you know, i'd probably kick off too, and he said, no, sir. He said, uh my, my position on the team is at high risk. I said, yeah, I bet it is. And I have to be with the coach every day after practice. And he's said that he was gonna find out about my commitment to the team and whether I want to stay on the team or not. I said, oh, buddy, that's never good. Yeah, but I've been there. Welcome to the rolls. Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you did that a few times any Yeah, I wonder where you got all that.
Speaker 4: I don't know. I don't know, and so so now with that waiting on him, the following week, it's Mother's Day weekend, So I'm going up to Jacksonville. I'm gonna take him to his granddaddy. We're gonna talk to coach about and I'm.
Speaker 5: Trash legendary because hey, look I've trash dog.
Speaker 4: And I said, hey, I cannot wait to tell your granddad about it. Don't don't tell Pap. I said, oh no, no, we're gonna tell Pop Rick.
Speaker 5: Rick.
Speaker 3: I'll say this, there's very few people that I know matter rect. I think your dad may be the only one who's living who has a stadium named.
Speaker 5: After Oh yeah, yeah, and that's a pretty big deal.
Speaker 4: Look, it's so bad that I find out later from somebody who is a coach on the team that they were discussing how bad it was gonna be when in the office. Yeah, the head coach, he was so mad, even said maybe Rick won't tell it, right, I mean, I mean, you know how mad he is with it. If they were.
Speaker 5: Disgusting how bad it would be when granddad.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, they were even saying maybe Rick won't tell his granddad his dad. Yeah, they were even saying that. I mean, there was.
Speaker 5: Actually thinking a crime could be committed.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and there's there's even people suggesting, do you think you should you know what I mean? I said, Oh yeah, I said, I said, I got to make sure this is a never unforgettable moment in this young man's life. You know what I mean. I said, I tell you who's going to join me on it? I said, you know, I'm thinking myself, maybe I need to hold him back. I hope he didn't swear too much, you know what I mean. I hope how about I even went this far. I hope it doesn't ruin Mother's Day.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know what.
Speaker 4: I mean, let me destroy the whole. I mean, I'm thinking about that, and I think, man, this is i he's bleeding. Yeah, you know even you know and but yeah, but you know, man, he loves his granddad. You think you should do it? Ain't it ain't really your dad him. He's a granddad. He shouldn't be brought And I said, no, no, no, there's something about the wisdom of the patriarch of the family. He's gonna lay down some of that discipline and lay down some of those talks that I got that redefined my life. I am thankful to have access to this card. And when I come back. If I had not seen it with my own eyes and have heard it with my own ears, I would have screamed to the top of my lungs blasphemy. That really didn't happen.
Speaker 5: Untrue, untrue.
Speaker 4: We'll talk about when we come back.
Speaker 2: Ricking Bubba, ricking Bubba.
Speaker 4: All right, so here's what has happened. Big Glove at sixteen had a scrimmage for spring training football that he did not attend because he said he already had plans to take a young lady to get to these world famous popsicles at Still City Pops where we live, and that the scrimmage got on his calendar and he went on when it had went on that instead of the scrimmage, the coach has already told him he's in trouble the following week and they'll decide his position on the team. And now we're headed to Mother's Day weekend, where I cannot wait to tell his grandfather. Now, those of you that do not know, as Bubba mentioned, he's still alive. There's a stadium named after him. If he was coaching today, he would be put in jail. Their parents would weep and cry and wail. It was a different time then. Greg and I were discussing in the kitchen. Some of the highlights of things that he actually did. There was, of course, the I remember when I was in Brooks same position, a sophomore, trying to earn my way onto the varsity. I had a horrible stomach virus. I was outside the lunch trim at school, ready to go home, you know, doing all the things that viruses bring to the body. He walked by, did not come over and put his hand on my back and say, son, how are you are you okay? Do you need some help? Looks over at me and says, I hope you don't miss practice today. You're probably gonna lose your position. And uh and and so I crawled through the practice, you know, and trying to stay dehydrated.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 4: He once put me back in a game. Uh and said to the man in the press box who said, he said, how's he doing? He said, well, he's limping. He said, well he's gonna limp. His foots broke. How's he doing? The boss?
Speaker 6: Now?
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, So that those kind of things Greg mentioned, if you quit football. You could quit in eighth grade, and you could never play for his program again, never come return. You couldn't take a year off and then come back later. Once once stripped a player naked when he decided to quit during practice and said, take off everything that belongs to Oxford highscho uh. And I watch someone leave in the jockstrap, hoping he would not remember that the johnstrap. Mega gave him a pass on that.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So this is the kind of guy we're dealing. Yeah, I mean when he coached college, I mean big I'm talking about bad dudes from gangs would literally weep in his presence, terrified of him. And I thought, well this now the lesson, now the lesson. And I mean, and so we get there. You know, I don't want to I don't want to lead with it. I want to you know, you got to go to the moms. It's Mother's Day and you know, and all this and we great meal, I mean, we bring I'm bringing you of course, little dream land in for everybody, and and they they set it all up. He loves that. So I think I don't want to get you know, and I keep looking at him. He's like, Dad, you know. I said, oh yeah, oh yo, we're gonna tell Yeah, We're telling Pop, no doubt about it, because I'm still a little myfed about the whole thing. Yeah, and so so we we we get down. I picked my time at the end of the table, the patriarch, Hall of Fame, coach, old school, old polyester coaching pants, black coaching shoes, trucker hats, coaching shirt, raw hide whistle Okay, yeah, tape on the end of the whistle with tobacco and blood on it. Okay, that guy, the guy who I watched ants leave his legs one time because they didn't want to bite him. Okay. So I think to myself, Man, this is gonna be bad. This is gonna be awful. Hey, Brooks, want you tell your granddad what happened on Friday? He looks up Pop and he's got ribsle what's up? What's going on? Said? Uh, we got spring training going on. That's good, that's good. How you how you doing out there? Boy? I'm doing okay. What what what happened? Did you get? You get hurt in your back? Bother me? No? He had scrimmage Friday. I said, hey, Hey, how'd that go? How'd that go, why we don't know he wasn't there, And he goes, what do you mean you went there? How come you want there? And I said, this is it? This is I mean you could even see some of the female some of the females in the room. I starting to water sept mine because she's meaner than I am. And uh she she can't wait for it either, and uh I I had a I had a I was taken as a friend of mine was gonna eat popsic what popsicles? Yeah, here it comes, Well we eating the popsicles. Well, I set a time taker to eat popsicles and when I found out we was gonna have a scrimmage, So I went on to the popsicles and drive to popstais. I was trying to stick to that. You went, you too, what you skipped a scrimmage to go eat popsicles with a girl? That's what he did? Sure did? What do you think about that?
Speaker 2: Coach?
Speaker 4: Guys, if I hadn't seen it, if I hadn't seen it and heard it, it's like all some time stopped, you know, And he goes, looks down right there, takes a lot of courage. That's kind of guy. I won't playing for me. What he said, what who are you? You know what? I tell you? What he said? Something else that takes He got a payer, Rick, that's the guy I want. Entie situation. Got that kind of courage stand up to me like that, which is a complete line. I said, you, who are you? I can begin to demand where's Dad? You know what I mean? And then it hit me, I said, Dad, may I present the gospel? You're not going to heaven over trying to right all the wrongs you did. It's Jesus, okay, that's how you get to heaven, you know what I mean. It's it's not how you treating your grandkids that cancels out the way you treat all the you know what I mean? And uh, I said he needs that, He don't need that right now. Look he's looking around happy. I said, Now, you can't say no, no, no. I mean, you know he's got to pay a price for it. You know that's fine. But I said, you wouldn't have kicked him off? No, no, Huh. I tell you what, And I see that's the kind of guy I want. Uh huh. And I said, you are the biggest homer. I said, you've turned into I don't even know who you are. You're unrecognizable. That just understand the way it is. No, I'm going, hey, hey, And I said, what I tell you, Hey, what what? What all's happened? I said, Well, he's got you know, the coach is doing all this next week and he's probably gonna be running after practice. He's position on the teams at high risk. That's that's plenty. Then that's enough. That's plenty. And you don't be you don't even take his car away and all that. Ain't no need for that, what I'm.
Speaker 1: Like, So he stuck on the fact that the courage he was able to he walked up to the coaches at.
Speaker 4: Practice, he calm, He came out there and faced it, and it's one of the great. But that's what he's sticking in. He's hanging his hat on something that one time was a hook that was never on the wall. You know what I mean? Yeah, he would have people were trembling, not even wanting him to know about it. Okay, still, and I said, I said to boy, we have reached a new love.
Speaker 5: That is a slider down in the world.
Speaker 4: I said, I said, we have reached a new Low. I guess is a man.
Speaker 1: We had a player late to a Sunday meeting because they got carried away at church and went long, and he made him run for Yeah.
Speaker 4: No, my dad at one time control church services on Sunday during football season. You couldn't have a church service. Interf was his meeting.
Speaker 1: I mean you, I mean, I mean, well, in his mind at two o'clock, everybody should be honest.
Speaker 4: That was his quote. He said, ain't nobody need to be in church that long? We got to meet starting to this one particular player that got cranked up and the service went a little long. He can run in his church clothes and everything. He still made him, still made run his church clothes.
Speaker 5: Oh gosh, see, I mean that's the kind of player I want.
Speaker 4: He said things, He said things to me that that to this day, I can't even I wake up sometimes very no, no, not yeah, you know what I mean. I mean, it's it's.
Speaker 5: Like and then he first told me that I thought you were messing with me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what if you'd told me, if I wouldn't been there, wouldn't believe greg you did good, believe it.
Speaker 1: We never tested And I mean this is I mean, I know this is true. Rick, I honestly believe he would have let the grand kids rather bicycles on the track at Oxford that he should run everybody else.
Speaker 4: I think he would have. True, he wouldn't even blink. No, I mean I think he I mean, what if they I don't know, I think they could play socer. I don't know, you know what, I think they could some black for it was so corrupt. Yeah, y'all this I mean, I just I was aghast he went throughout where. That took a lot of guts. That kind of guy. So then he goes you know that guy won't that's a good one.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's kind of guy.
Speaker 4: We go through all the torch, we go through all the torture, torture during the week, and he did get he got punished severely by the coach and should have. And so we get down to Friday night and I think, well that, you know, and I think he's come through this. He's on the other side of it. You know, he's still you know, living off you know, the great the great couple of hours of popsicles, yeah and all that, and and Sharon and I are and we're there at the game and I think to myself, all right, I see double sevens over on the sideline. Of course, shirttail out. Of course my dad wouldn't care about that either. Yeah, that game. Yeah, and I'm thinking Church shirttail in. And uh, I said, well he no way. And I told I said, if we see him go on the field, then he has survived this whole thing. I mean, he's gone through all the punishment. He's gone through his grandfather, which that was nothing, right, you know what I mean. And and all of a sudden we get about the second quarter and I see double sevens sevens buckling that chin strap. And when I see him going on the field, I looked through my wife. I said, I can't believe what I'm saying, That this is pull.
Speaker 5: It off ring.
Speaker 3: I could not have been more surprised if you had tell me your dad had drawn up a new offense for football where they zone block and throw it all over the field.
Speaker 4: I know he may do it if if his grandkids want to do it'll probably thinks grace offense. Ever, I mean, it's amazing.
Speaker 5: And you rush three and fall back and play prevent all that time.
Speaker 4: I'm telling Brody, you know, you you thought you didn't want to be a kicker, go ahead and be a kicker, Yeah, Ubba Rick And I was listening in the break, and all kinds of things happened in the break, and and Speedy, you know how you just hear conversations going on in the room. And I was trying to figure out if I was gonna play something big by Tom Petty or not. And uh, I guess I was remembering. I wanted to hear that. And so I heard over here to my left, Speedy moved around the plaza, around behind Bubba, around behind Greg over in his little hole over there, and and he's and he landed right back here kind of caddy corner to me to the left, and I heard him say something saying, hey, I've got the trigger shakes, is what you said? Yeah, and you said, I can't even type because my hands are he's.
Speaker 1: Doing this, well, I've got I've got dead forearms because I was on a weed er and uh for probably three four or five hours yesterday.
Speaker 4: It lasted forever.
Speaker 1: I don't know, it's like from two to six or seven, I don't know, my gosh, yesterday and I was uh, and then it was the flower than the the the trimmer and stuff where you just always having to hold hold something down and the vibration of it. So I don't know if you ever had like your kind of your fingers kind of vibrate, you feel it, and and and so today it's more, it's more the fact you just have you know, dead forearms, and so she can't get your fingers to work. And then as soon as I say that I dropped my coffee, he was over telling Greg he's he dropped.
Speaker 5: He gets the lines in order, he said.
Speaker 4: He says, not like, I don't don't think I'm getting Parkings or anything.
Speaker 1: He just throws coffee, mister, mister, mister considered over there, and and loving Gregg goes, you got porkins.
Speaker 3: And he says, no, I don't have it, Greg Coffre, it was right, no big deal, just important tax stuff.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry. What was funny?
Speaker 5: Terrible?
Speaker 4: It is him saying that what big deal, right when he's shaking hand poured coffee rights the big deal.
Speaker 5: And I mean all over the place, John enjoy that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, by the way, No, I'm good. I don't worry.
Speaker 3: I just hope Roan Greenwood is not driving.
Speaker 5: He would have loved it.
Speaker 4: He could have seen it.
Speaker 5: Oh, he'd be in the floor.
Speaker 4: The timing of it. How you spilled coffee right when you had assured him it was nothing to work.
Speaker 5: It was like nothing to worry about.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I'll be fine.
Speaker 5: I'm good.
Speaker 4: You know, you know it's coming back. I have to ask you this, though, we've been through one of the coldest winters for long periods of time of any in our state in a long time. I'm talking I were just stay cold for long periods of time. What is you weed eating? You didn't know? I started my own landscaping, But what's a line?
Speaker 5: Kidding?
Speaker 4: What is even a love likes to growing?
Speaker 5: Right now? It needs to knocking down?
Speaker 1: My yard looks like it never had grass, right, well, it wasn't my yard, all right?
Speaker 5: That gummt?
Speaker 1: And you hate them, y'all all do y'all been there these work days that you have for your kids athletics?
Speaker 4: Okay, well what's growing there?
Speaker 1: And and and for for baseball?
Speaker 4: Tomorrow?
Speaker 1: If you're listening live, it's Friday, and and I've got a conflict tomorrow when it is the official high school work day for j c's and just skip Well, I didn't want to be everybody else.
Speaker 4: That's what I always did.
Speaker 1: And and I've got a conflict because Tyler's got a game and so I won't be there. So they sent out a punch list of stuff, and so I was just going early to knock out my portion of it.
Speaker 4: And it just took forever.
Speaker 5: And I'm not complaining.
Speaker 1: I just use the fence line and and you know, the surrounding areas and stuff.
Speaker 5: It's just so it was dead grass.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well yeah, but now now a lot of it's not dead. A lot of it. The weeds still are coming up. I mean you got their leftover. Yeah, it's just but they're green. I mean they were green weeds. But it wasn't it wasn't like it was just all over the place. But you you know, you we'd eat the tram line.
Speaker 5: Well don't you let people with the shakes do other things?
Speaker 6: Do we?
Speaker 4: You know, the weed kill and and all that. I just took a took a while.
Speaker 5: Took a while.
Speaker 4: A drunk needs a drink.
Speaker 1: But but I just had just got that. You think maybe you've never ran any kind of equipment in your the next day doing this, not the next prey to I don't think.
Speaker 4: Taxpapers, You're not doing that. Just then I look down. I'll take was having a small earthquake. Listen.
Speaker 1: He brought it up earlier, and I thought I have had my hand tingled almost like fantom.
Speaker 4: Like you feel like it still. But I looked his was physically going sweedy. I'm serious. I've never had that. You you were did you spill coffee on Gregg's papers? Because your hands were shaking? He was physically because I meant that, but he's going for him.
Speaker 5: Hands hand.
Speaker 4: I see him shaking.
Speaker 1: Rick, God, what if his taxpapers could talk?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that'sked Greg's taxpapers. If your hands are messed up, they got burned. My hot coffee down them, Greg. And you know how he us on paperwork. He just about had it like you wanted.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, it's a struggle to get he likes.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: He's the kind of person tells you not, you know, not not to worry about it. And then he's talking under his breath.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I don't worry about By the way I saw his face, I've seen that face for fifty years.
Speaker 1: I'm a little concerned because just during this, unless he's nervous, hes talking about handshaking.
Speaker 4: He's also been a little slurring, if you know notice it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, y'all got me. Something's happened the last few days. What's wrong with you? Start talking about it? When I went over there and it was the hand was shaking, the stutter. I'm sorry, that's not stuttering. I know you're gonna I know you're gonna call Burgess double team.
Speaker 5: You're symptoms of something greater.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's my point. I know you're gonna call Burgess double team here up, But I have been noticing him last few days. We all stumble words, but you've been doing that an alarming rate. You put that with some handshakes, and but thank you for being my friend. Rick his hand, he's texting.
Speaker 5: You know he's being here. If you're green Woods up, you know why.
Speaker 4: You know why he's not participating well, but because sometimes you just get sit and Joygia. Look, I'm I'm I.
Speaker 5: Can't make this any better.
Speaker 4: I'm having a little fun.
Speaker 1: I may be exaggerating a little on the speech thing, but your hand was shaking.
Speaker 4: Violently over here. Now it's violent.
Speaker 6: It was.
Speaker 4: Phebe I swear there's that's that's normal. Everybody doesn't if they run. It was bad. You know it's bad. I can see a little bit of fear behind you last night. You know what?
Speaker 5: You got a sling of coffee? Cup? Pretty?
Speaker 4: Hey, can you do me a favor?
Speaker 5: Are we having a tremor?
Speaker 6: Might something?
Speaker 4: Can you do me a favor? In the break I got dead, arms were out of spoons. Could you just hold my coffee and let the cream mix in? Everybody do that?
Speaker 6: Do that?
Speaker 1: Let me see if y'all shake, Kenny, do that? Everybody do it? Oh good gosh, Rick, yours is going crazy because of what you did. Oh yours a shaking to see yours?
Speaker 5: Speed of yours is doing this?
Speaker 8: Okay, I can explain my mind shakes. Hey, he's getting up, just injured. I'm just telling you. Well, I'm sorry, I really truly am sorry.
Speaker 4: It's all right. Well, look that's I'm sorry. Which I was a bit up during the break.
Speaker 5: Take a se catch your breath.
Speaker 1: And I loved he was so adamant making his point while slinging coffee.
Speaker 4: About you know, I've come a long way. I normally cuss when I do that.
Speaker 5: Let me plain, you would have.
Speaker 4: To get it out. I Well, I hope everybody here has that read today.
Speaker 5: Take a segment off, catch your breath?
Speaker 4: Will you hold this? I need this mixed up thread?
Speaker 2: Ricking bubba, ricking bubba.
Speaker 4: We were talking about this past weekend and we did have a trip to Dream Ranch, which was fantastic. And the thing that we always get going in our house whenever we have a new driver that's training to drive. And we're down to the final one now and my wife is all we need to let he's not driving enough. Not driving enough? They drive and I said, well, look how about this. I'm gonna I'm gonna check him out of school so we can make an afternoon hunt on Friday.
Speaker 5: I said, great, father son time, I'm gonna pick.
Speaker 4: Him up and the automobile that he's going to be driving in May when he turns sixteen. Uh, he's gonna he'll drive us to dream Wrech. Here we go and uh. And so that's what we did. So I get up, he gets out, and I said, you're driving us to dream Wretch. It's your first ever. Now you know how to get there on your own. Here we go. So so, and it evolves about everything you could encounter because you got to get out of you got to get out of the metro city and then you got to find your way into two lanes and and we and we really which you know, Mom would have been very nervous about this. That's the reason why even Sherry will say, well, you need they need to drive with you, you know, because there's certain things, you know. And so he said, I said, we're doing it all on this trip, buddy, doing it all. And I said, I'm even pulling for a little rain on the way back, you know what I mean. And so uh so, so we uh we're going and he he looks at me and he says, Dad, I would like to pass a car on two lane road. Done? I said, I assure you, on this trip we will have several opportunities, you know what I mean. The two lane road is good, and I love the beauty of rule out of rural Alabama or anywhere you're in the rural country. It's great view. But you're gonna get behind that truck, You're gonna get behind this person. It's going to happen. Yeah. So you find yourself kind of, you know, contradicting yourself on certain things. And I realize that can be confusing. When I said the following we're gonna pass this guy. Man, you're gonna have to. You have to come off as four car link thing. You better get up on him a little bit. And then he looks at me. He's like, I thought, we're not supposed to get upon I said, well, if we're going to pass them, we got to. Yeah, you want to start, You wanna start from way back here? You know what I mean, You're gonna have to. Hey, let's let's kick it up a little bit. I don't like her speed right now. And he's looked at me, and I'm looking back at him. I said, no, we need to do a little faster. And we're going and he's like, you want me to go faster? I said, if you're gonna pass this car, you're you gonna.
Speaker 5: Have to look when you pass, it's a commitment. You got to get on it.
Speaker 4: And so uh so anyway, then I had to do the deal. So at first, what do they think, Well, if I've got the lines that say I can pass, I can pass. Who The lines just mean if you have the opportunity, you can pass. Now, still got to make sure that opportunity I don't like. I don't like that rise up there. I don't like you can't see far enough.
Speaker 5: I don't like it, or drive ways and coming out.
Speaker 4: And he goes, okay, I said, I see that's not a good call.
Speaker 5: There.
Speaker 4: No joy, you know what I mean, right, no joy? And so so we're going, going, going.
Speaker 5: That's Rick's any word that he likes, use it, and I love it.
Speaker 4: Because I just love it's a military term and all that. Just love it. Then all of a sudden, he goes, I said, and I know, you know, I've driven this a gillion times because we also have in laws that live in this part of the country, so we drive this a lot. And I said, you're about to get your shot coming up. Be ready. And so we get we we come up, and so sure enough he gets and hey, you got to go. You a easy, get on past. You don't put easy. And then you know, he gets into the guy and he looked at me. He's all fired up, and I said, oh, if you enjoyed that. We're nowhere near dream rats. We're gonna get a lot of shots. And I said, wait till you get to the big intersection up there that doesn't have a red light. It's just blinking. You got to figure out who does what And we crossed over the big one. I said you, I said, oh, you encounter everything. I said, at any point too, something's going right out in front of you.
Speaker 5: Just be ready for that.
Speaker 4: And uh died. Here we go. Let's get around this road. Kill so it didn't stink up your car. Good jobtlet don't stink car up. Get around it. They're nice guy on tractor. Give him away, nice work.
Speaker 5: Bus.
Speaker 4: I'll look at that bar and yeah like that. I'm a little barn. Don't you look at it, great barn, don't look to watch the road. Yeah, you're not looking good enough. Let me take a picture for speedy and uh. But then when you have a young driver, if they if they're doing a pretty good job, what do you start doing? You kind of fade into your own world. At one point I became just a passenger and I realized and then all said, it would just hit you. Oh my gosh, there's a six there's a fifteen year old driving. And so we went through that whole routine and he got us there no problem, and and was telling him, you know what to look for, and we had a great trip, and and uh, my favorite thing I did and I was waiting on the moment. I said, man, we really got to make good time. I said, we can get there for an afternoon. Hut, we really can't fool around. I let that settle. I got him all stirred up, and then I let him feel what it was like to be a driver of the family. Oh, I gotta go to the bathroom. He said what I said, I read, need to go to the bathroom. He said, we can't stop, and I said seek and so it was so good.
Speaker 5: I did you ask him how long before we get through?
Speaker 4: How much further? Brodie that I just told you ten minutes ago? I know.
Speaker 2: That.
Speaker 4: I said, hey, can we I'm hungry? You know? He said, you didn't eat anything for you to pick me up? See, so I got, I got. I got to do stuff like that. You know what, I had lunch of schoos. You not get you anything?
Speaker 6: Huh?
Speaker 4: I did you see? You will lie for me? Are eating when you you know? So I got to do all that stuff, which was fantastic. So so then as we're getting ready to come home afterwards, he had a he had a party he was trying to get to he was invited to. And every year we're at dream ranch when this this Philly has their birthday. So he's never been able to go. And this time we were gonna come back Saturday night anyway, and it went on later, so he was gonna be late, but he can get there. Well, we got rain and with all that, so we get almost there and get stopped by a train. I'm talking about, not just a little bit of train inconvenience, big train inconvenience. Train stops and sits there, not moving, trying to train A don't no, no, this was going to the party. This this this I had to I had to bear off into another world. But he's he's five eight minutes from getting to the party and he's stopped by the train. And you guys, I'm not talking about a little bit. So then I said, so were doing here? We gotta find a way around this. So he tries a couple moves, he and then he gets in another What had happened somehow, y'all have this same train was enormous. You know you're in trouble when more engines start coming back. Yeah, they had to add engines and then it stopped and they started moving and all that, and literally, without exaggerating, we were probably there twenty five minutes. So that's a game changer. Yeah, And so I was like, buddy, I I'm sorry. And then he began to be negative about trains and I said, oh, so you're an anti train guy. He goes, yeah, I got. I mean we got, but what is just it's just backwards, just archaic. And I said, please don't say that for your mother. And I said, and I remember a little boy who loved trains. He's like, no, I train, My trains are stupid like that. I'm not training a stupid and like, oh yeah, I said, oh, guess what I.
Speaker 5: Did about Thomas the tank And I guess what?
Speaker 4: Guess what I did? And sir the next day he's talking about all his fun with the party. I said, hey, come here, I got a picture photo am I show you? I said, I want the anti train men got to come over here. And I showed him pictures of him waiting on Thomas the tank engine with his little and his little conductor hat. Yeah and I and then pictures them laying on the ground with trains and moving. I said, what about trains now, No, I was just a baby. That's for babies. And I said, I said, no, you love trains. Where where's the little boy who loved trains? I said, you know you did. It was just a minor inconvenience. The trains are part of an American heritage. We love trains. Matter of fact, your mom would prefer eighteen wheelers to be taking off the road and just's go fully back to train. Yeah, I said, don't. And then you're here and there. What do you say about trains? I said, oh, yeah, there comes to your mom. Now be negative aout trains for your mama. Uh, trains are outstanding, brod. It's the way we used to move things. And it's a lot less dangerous than it's having trains on wheels out on highways. I'll tell you that we'd be better off. And went back to trains more and like that, and then come here and look at these pictures. And I started doing and Thomas, we love you, and he's like, Dad, I'm not, I said, dums and U and I picture after picture. Oh here you're another train boy, I said, Burt, Suddenly you don't like trains anymore. Okay, I want se anything better but trains anymore. Wow, it was a handler.
Speaker 5: Can I take something bothers?
Speaker 3: Me about training or saying actions people that get too close to the train that things flying back off. I want to stay back far enough if it tips over and slides, it doesn't hit me.
Speaker 4: I did one thing that was contrasting case. I did one thing that was controversial, and I took it back because I knew it wasn't because I just said, you know, but you get crazy when you get stopped. He literally the party was ten minutes from where we were, maybe eight, okay, And I said, if this keeps up, can you call somebody to come up on the other side of the train and I'll just you just walk through, step through there and go over and get in their car and I'll go home, because because he was getting ride home somebody else. And I thought, I don't know if you tea could step through the train, yeah, I mean, I mean it had stopped, it wasn't moving, I would advise it. Yeah, but I mean I don't think we should do now now that things down in the red lights, you're blinking, Yeah, let's not do that. So we didn't do that. Tim and sweet love you time and we love you liking girls sudden you abandoned all that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, in it spooky, like when you're out somewhere and the arm comes down, the lights and flashing before the train gets.
Speaker 5: There, and you're like, where is it? Where is it?
Speaker 6: Now?
Speaker 4: What's it?
Speaker 5: What's it? Sigaling?
Speaker 4: All right, we'll be back fifteen minutes to the top of the hour, eight six six. We be big as our number more. Rick and Bubba right after.
Speaker 2: This, Rick and Bubba, Rick and Bubba.
Speaker 4: All right, here we go, so glad to be here as promoted. You know, Gary the bulldozer Man has has you know, he's been involved. Bubba encountered him first, brought him into the rest of the group, and you know, he's just continued to become a beloved character. You know that you've become beloved by the audience when you make it to the towas the night before Christmas at the end of the year. Sure, and Gary, you know he lives an interesting life. We've had so many Gary stories and so anyway, uh, you know, at any given time you could get you know, Gary's gotten pretty high tech.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 4: I don't know if you've seen him. He'll put out his spur Master stuff and all that for his turkey call and and he you know, he's just hey, you know, I mean, you know, I mean, I kill no turkey, you know, I just you know, I ain't gonna makee too, mam't have no turkey. And so he you never know when he's going to say, Hi, calm, that's only message you'll get, Hey calming. And so I was like, you know, or the one I got one time, Hey, we got beathes calming and that's it, no explanation one, yeah, hey calm. So this one, uh So I call him and and he said, you ain't gonna believe what happened.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 4: Now, anytime he says that, you just say, you stop everything. Try I get noise down because he's not a very loud talker.
Speaker 5: You know, you got to listen up.
Speaker 4: And they said, you ain't gonna believe. I mean, I couldn't believe what just happened. And I said, okay, And he tells me and I said, Gary, I gotta tell you. That's Uh. It may upset some people, but that's airworthy. You know. Not every Gary moment is airworthy. Some of us you just enjoyed on your own.
Speaker 5: Remember what he wrestled the deer out of the gate. Remember that?
Speaker 4: Did you like that one? I did okay, Well, you're gonna love this one.
Speaker 2: I did.
Speaker 4: Okay, Okay, video lady, if you if you love Bubba, if there was a video of this now, it would bother some people. I want, I want, I want to warn you this does not have the happiest of indings. Okay, all right, but I'm gonna tell you if we had this on video, we canceled the sales meeting today and when we we just put it up on the screen. Okay, let's see. Bring Gary in. Gary, How you doing, buddy?
Speaker 6: Hey? How you Gary?
Speaker 4: The bulldozer man?
Speaker 2: Here?
Speaker 4: There is Gary?
Speaker 6: Y'all doing this morning?
Speaker 4: We're all right better than you. I bet you still try.
Speaker 6: I've had a rough week, real rough. I went from getting snake bit til uh or out yesterday.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he got bit by a non poisonous snake.
Speaker 5: He posted that on Instagram.
Speaker 4: Got him rat snake.
Speaker 5: Yeah, playing with it, trying to catch it.
Speaker 6: Oh, just trying to get your own. The road got run over and lord.
Speaker 4: You know see that's that's what Satan does as you try to help him.
Speaker 5: Hell, Gary, you never you'd never be bit if you just shot his head off.
Speaker 6: Well, the thing about it, it was overhere coach property.
Speaker 5: She really should have shot it, right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, now, Gary like that you I'm gonna set this up and then you kind of tell everybody what happened. If I recall someone, you know, because we're all neighborly in that part of the country. Uh, informed you that they had a donkey that uh that that they could not keep any longer, and they wondered if anybody wanted it. And you thought that it might be a good idea to add to your animal arsenal because you thought donkeys do keep Cody's off your live stock. And y'all know how much Gary's goats mean to him. Yes, right now, Gary, you got a soft spot for your goats, don't you.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, I've raised goats for a lot of years. But uh, I got a I got a phone call my wife and said that girl works with her head or donkey. She wanted to get rid of that. It was free if I come get it. So I said, well, you know, I said, I was turkey hunting and you know I killed a nice golbory yesterday, and uh, I said, well, I'm turkey hunting right now, but uh, you know, later on this that noon, I might go if I could find a trailer, because I didn't have nothing to haul it with.
Speaker 5: So you gotta have a don't I got home? Huh you got to have a donkey trailer?
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Well I went home and uh, the lady across the roads got some horses and she had a uh you know, just to regular horse trailer short when you know, and I said, well that'll work, she'll let me bard, I'll just go get it. So I got my other neighbor. Uh we went over there.
Speaker 4: To get it.
Speaker 6: And you know how a donkey is, it's hard to load them on the trailer. Yeah, so you know we had to put ropes on it, and dragon just about drag it on.
Speaker 4: Man, that's how I got.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, yeah. But uh we got it home, and you know that's when it went bad. Yep.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 6: Then you know, you know you said, you know, I like animals. You know, I got all kind of animals, turkeys, goats, chickens.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 6: But I turned him in that uh my goat pen, and uh the crazy things started.
Speaker 4: Running my goats, running them, running them.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, he was trying to kill.
Speaker 4: Him, trying to kill all your goats.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he got one down. Was biting it and kicking it, and well, I can't have this. So I had my other uh neighbor jails. He was up here and they kind of remind me of old Carl Wars show. Yeah, you know, he kind of smoked, and I told him to get to going, you know. So he got back down there and he was heaping in a puff and you know, and he brought a pistol. So I was chasing the donkey, and the donkey was chasing the goat and I was shooting at the don't and uh uh it turned bad, real bad.
Speaker 5: What happened?
Speaker 3: I can't I can't imagine that that recipe.
Speaker 5: Don't tell me you missed the donkey shot the goat.
Speaker 6: Well, I just just way well I had, I had neighbors coming out, and I was trying to run them back in the house, you know, and he told them they didn't need to see this, you know.
Speaker 4: But list before we go, I want everybody to picture right now, there's a there's a you know, a pasture. You know, it's not huge, but it's not small fence then fenced in. Gary has brought a goat. I mean, it don't worked hard to get it, work worked hard, to get there, and as soon as he puts it in there, it goes crazy on the goat starts trying to kill them bottom And now Gary is facing a crazed donkey with a pistol trying to shoot at it, and the neighbors are coming out.
Speaker 6: You know, I tried. I took man lamb down there and hit him right across the ash.
Speaker 4: No, but and that seems redundant.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he turned around and uh he just blot not all over me.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, they'll do it.
Speaker 5: It could have been worse.
Speaker 6: Yeah. Yeah, he started chasing the goats again, and you know I just had to you know, wow, I had to do what I had to do.
Speaker 5: You put him there.
Speaker 4: But Gary, according to your story yesterday, it did not go easy.
Speaker 6: Oh no, no, I planted. Well, I emptied a thirty eight I had, and then my neighbor run up here and got my other pistol, and I think it was seventeen more shots.
Speaker 1: My goodness didn't Well, yeah, were you just missing him or is he that stout?
Speaker 6: Well, it's it's hard to uh, you know, it's hard to shoot. What you wrong?
Speaker 4: I agree? You ever chase your donkey shooting over the bill I bet it was horrible.
Speaker 6: Did you order try it sometime? You know?
Speaker 4: No, it's been after all of you.
Speaker 6: Yeah, oh yeah, I think started blake. You know how a donkey oh.
Speaker 4: Get after? Did you ever get after you? Gary?
Speaker 6: Did it?
Speaker 4: Did ever charge him?
Speaker 6: He charged at me one time and I were trying to kill him. Well he ought not have done that.
Speaker 5: You shot at him? Wally's charging.
Speaker 6: Yeah. And then one of my neighbors come over and said, what happened to the donkey? I said, he was running my goats and trying to kill him and uh, he said, She said, what what did you do? I swell, I had to put him down? And uh, I said, I do that for anybody. You know, if you got in no running my goats, I'd probably shoot you too.
Speaker 5: Here we go, Well, uh so you unloaded.
Speaker 6: Us about it? The thing about it, the girl had called the donkey had been out and then the state highway and she had called it, and they was gonna come out there and shoot him anyway, So.
Speaker 5: You want to it was just a delayed shooting.
Speaker 6: Well, and I went over. I didn't want you know, I said, well, they don't play the shoot donkey. I said, I'll take donkey. But you know I found out I couldn't have the donkey.
Speaker 1: Do you think if you would have give him a minute they would have got along a little better? Maybe they were just getting acquainted.
Speaker 6: Yeah, oh, he would have killed all my goat.
Speaker 1: Gary, let me ask you finally got I know, we don't need to describe Gary.
Speaker 3: I know I know that it was difficult to load the goat on the trailer when he was alive. How difficult was it to load it up dead?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Right? Amen? And you got you got a hold of it.
Speaker 5: That's that's dead weight, no pun intending.
Speaker 6: I uh. I was luckily had my tractor here with a front end loader on it, so you know it wasn't too bad. But I mean you talking about a five hundred pounds, don't.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Yeah, that's a that's a big hold of bear.
Speaker 4: When he went down, picture you seen you see Gary bringing this animal in. You hear all the commotion, You walk over and there's there's the front endloader.
Speaker 5: Be here a shootout. I can't rick. He emptied to thirty eight and then shot seventeen more.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and what what what was the what was the size of that pistol that had the second round that got it done.
Speaker 5: It was a block forty seventeen.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I went to I went to bed last night. I got thinking over this this week's you know activities that I went through. You know, I went from good to bad and back to bed, and uh, you know, I was laying there and I you know, I was just watching a little T leading four. I went to sleep and I got to thinking. I said, you know, I'm probably is the only one that had to shoot his all night.
Speaker 5: I think so.
Speaker 4: I think so That's not many people have had to do that. They're very stubborn at us.
Speaker 1: Hey, it's speedy, and this is Rick and Bubba's greatest tiss, flashing back through thirty one years of Radio Gold every Saturday morning, wherever you get your podcast, it's Ricking Bubba's greatest tiss, Ricking
Speaker 2: Bubba, Ricking Bubba