Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news, The.
Speaker 2: Stock Movers podcast, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 3: Let's take a look at some stocks on the move today. We're joined by Bloomberg's Christine. Christine, what are you looking at here this morning?
Speaker 1: Well, I'm also looking at alphabet Paul. I mean, Lisa mentioned shares in a green there. But very interestingly, you know that a sales and profit beat expectations that we got from the results yesterday. That was really driven by advertising, which isn't the most exciting part of their business, I'll we say, right, and even the cloud business operating profit more than two billion dollars that beat estimates too, But it wasn't exactly the headline driver. And so you know, my colleague Shibassion boyd Over at Markets Live pointing out that what we really want to know is whether the trade bar is driving up costs in the chip supply chain right as it relates to Google's affected businesses or Alphabets affected businesses, and to what extent those capacity constraints in the data centers are limiting expansion. We didn't really get a lot of steer from Alphabet on that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, interesting because Alphabet doesn't I'm like, Alphabet, what's that company? Google doesn't really give outlook either, so it was hard to sort of understand what the what the future may be for that company. But not a sidestep the ad revenue. I mean, YouTube had eight point ninety two billion dollars in revenue. That missed slightly, but that's a monster. And now they have a podcasting that's apparently outpacing both Spotify and Apple when it comes to people that are listening like this is like a monster beast on that at some point.
Speaker 3: I mean, I if I were back in my banking days, I'd be there every quarter pitching spin.
Speaker 4: Spin off, spin off, its spin off.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yep, let's get some value there. I'm going to BNP parryba X say x saying the note just hit my inbox. The analysts there maintained an app performance on Google, raise the target price from two hundred and thirteen to from two hundred and eight dollars on higher EPs estimates. It looks like it's streetlights as well. What else? Christine?
Speaker 1: Looking at Apple today, Paul, you know, we did get a little bit of opening weakness there, but it's up now just two tens of one percent at the moment, and that is because we did get news earlier that Apple is seeking to import most of its iPhones that it sells in the US from India, which really accelerates it shifts beyond China, and they're aiming to do that by the end of next year, according to sources.
Speaker 4: Telling Bloomer, Well, what's so interesting is that go ahead.
Speaker 3: I just didn't think that was possible. Yeah, so that's positive surprising news to me because I didn't think they could shift that much production from China to India.
Speaker 4: I also wonder, though, if they're going to hit the Nike problem, which is Nike did that and then all of a sudden there are tariffs on the places where they went to go build new factories, and there will be tariffs on India as well. So they're still not building it in the US at the end of the day, Christine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, absolutely, So they are still absolutely going to be exposed to all those trade tensions that are brewing at the moment. But you know, it does seem like perhaps maybe Apple is banking on better relations between the US and India as opposed to the US and China. You know, Paul, to your point, that shift actually began years ago because during the COVID lockdowns, obviously, Apple production of iPhones really was hampered by what was going on in China, and so they probably took a look at their supply chain and think maybe we should start diversifying. So what we're seeing now is just an acceleration of that.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Interesting, All right, let's wrap it up here with Sketchers. That stock is down almost three percent.
Speaker 3: What happened?
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, speaking of companies that are very exposed to trade tensions, it is definitely very much related to what we're seeing at the moments. Ketchers again saying that it missed its estimates for the first quarter in terms of sales, also by throwing its full yeer outlook, citing quote macroeconomic uncertainty stemming from global trade policies. So you know, note that Sketch does make a significant portion of its shoes in China and Vietnams. Again, our supply chain problem very much rearing its head here, and Sketchers chief financial officer John Vandermore also compared what we're seeing now in terms of the company's challenges to what they experienced during the covid erangeline.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers podcast from Bloomberg Radio, check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.