Speaker 1: Welcome its verdict. Was Senator Ted Cruz Ben Ferguson with you, and we have got two major stories that we're going to have to deal with. One of them deals with Hunter Biden and dited on nine tax related charges, three of them felonies, and we're going to break down these charges for you so that you understand exactly what's happening with that. Also, there was a very interesting questioning that took place in the judiciary of the FBI Director, Chrisopher Ray, and there was some pretty intense back and force between Senator Cruz and the FBI director.
Speaker 2: We're going to run through all of that for you as well.
Speaker 1: But Senator, we were not expecting this headline that Hunter Biden would be indicted on nine tax related charges, three of them felonies. This is obviously significant, especially when they thought they were going to have this sweetheart plea deal that the last second exploded because of whistleblowers.
Speaker 2: So how promising is this.
Speaker 1: It's a fifty six page indictment filed and I don't record in LA something that's never happened before, or is this still going to be a big Well, yeah, we indict in but he's still going to get a sweetheart deal.
Speaker 3: What's your reaction, Well, listen when you say we were not expecting this indictment. I don't think that's entirely accurate. Once the sweetheart plea deal collapsed, and it collapsed because there was public scrutiny. It collapsed because the IRS whistleblowers came forward. It collapsed because the House representatives held hearings. It collapsed because the federal district judge realized that signing off on this sweetheart deal would profoundly compromise the integrity of the court system. Once it collapsed, a larger indictment was much much more likely. This indictment that came down yesterday is nine different counts. It includes failure to file and pay taxes, It includes evasion of assessment, and it includes a false or fraudulent tax return. Three of the nine counts are felonies, and according to the Special Council, Hunter Biden quote engaged in a four year scheme to not pay at least one point four million dollars in taxes that he owed from twenty sixteen to twenty nineteen. Now one point four million dollars is an awful lot of money. Hunter Biden eventually did pay his taxes he got a sweetheart loan from a quote friend, But before he did so, according to the prosecutors, hunter Biden included quote false business deductions in order to evade assessment of taxes to reduce the substantial tax liabilities he faced. Prosecutors also allege in the indictment that he quote subverted the payroll in tax withholding process of his own company by withdrawing millions of dollars outside of its payroll and tax withholding process. The prosecutor is further alleged that hunter Biden quote spent millions of dollars on an extravagant lifestyle rather than paying his tax bills, and the indictment states that between quote twenty sixteen in October fifteenth, twenty twenty, the defendant that would be Hunter Biden, spent this money on drugs, escorts and girlfriends, luxury hotels and rental properties, exotic cars, clothing, and other items of a personal nature. In short, everything but his taxes.
Speaker 2: You look at that list that you just described there.
Speaker 1: They knew all of this, we assume when they gave him the sweetheart deal.
Speaker 2: So how did we go?
Speaker 1: And I think this is the part that's going to frustrate so many people that are listening right now. How did we go from a sweetheart deal to a fifties six page indictment and an indictment where they couldn't in theory get one before. And we can go back and remind people about, you know, all of the shadiness of well, can I get them to indict in Washington, d C? Can I get them indict in California where some of the crimes were committed. The statue of limitations was running out on some of the most egregious tax crimes. But to put it differently, maybe from what I said earlier, I'm shocked at now that we're looking at a fifty six page indictment filled with all of these different issues, and it goes back to sixteen, seventeen, eighteen, and nineteen taxes you know, on this timeline. But again, the statue of limitations apparently on some of the worst stuff is already you know, statues already hit.
Speaker 2: So therefore we couldn't go back to those.
Speaker 3: Now, Look, that's exactly right. These facts were all known. They were known a year ago, they were known two years ago, they were known three years ago. They were known four years ago. The Department of Justices dragged its feet. It has not wanted to bring this indictment the sweetheart deal. They were prepared to get signed off and be done and give Hunter Biden a complete get out of jail free card. The piece they didn't count on was the IRS whistleblowers coming forward and when they did so, when they brought forth testimony that the Biden Department of Justice was covering up for Hunter Biden, that the Attorney General had lied to Congress under oath, which is a felony, that the Attorney General had committed obstruction of justice, which is a felony, And that in particular, the Department of Justice had blocked investigation, any investigation into Joe Biden. That puts so much pressure on the court that the court could not sign off on the sweetheart deal. Now, I want to address in a minute the issue of Joe Biden, but let me just point out something extraordinary in this indictment. So this indictment lists some of Hudder Biden's expenditures, and when the prosecutors say he lived a lavish lifestyle, that does not begin to describe it. So, for example, ATM Cash withdraws. How much do you think he withdrew from ATMs in twenty sixteen?
Speaker 1: Knowing it's a hunter Biden, there's no telling because I can see this guy going high as a kite up there, for whatever nefarious reasons, grabbing as much cash out as he can.
Speaker 3: So the answer is two hundred thousand dollars and nine hundred and twenty two dollars. Holy crap, two hundred grand. You ever pulled two hundred grand out of an ATM?
Speaker 2: No? I think my only course of YEARN on my card is like five hundred bucks.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm confident I've never had a year in my life that I pulled two hundred grand out of ATM. All Right, so he pulled two hundred thousand, nine hundred and twenty two dollars in twenty sixteen, how much do you think he pulled out in twenty seventeen.
Speaker 2: I'm assuming in the hundreds of thousands.
Speaker 3: Again, five hundred and three thousand, six hundred and fourteen dollars.
Speaker 1: Can we just talk about the cash aspect of that for a second before you go to the next year's five hundred thousand dollars of cash. Just having that much cash in hand over a twelve months, he's more than a thousand dollars, right, more than one thousand a day? But what are you doing with that amount of cash? And it goes back to suspicious activity reports of all the bank accounts. Cash is king when you're doing I legal activities. And that's why you might if.
Speaker 3: You were buying drugs, if you were buying crack, if you were paying prostitutes. That's how you spend five hundred and three thousand, six hundred and fourteen dollars and twenty seventeen now five hundred grand in ATMs. I actually think, all right, so I'm fifty two, about to be fifty three years old. I believe in my entire life from birth to age fifty two, I don't think I've pulled five hundred and three thousand dollars out of ATMs and fifty three years I was shocked if I pulled that much out.
Speaker 1: I would be shocked if the average American pulls any more than seven to eight nine grand a year out, and that that would be I would think probably on the high end, because most people.
Speaker 3: To be honest, most shares I probably pulled. I don't know two three thousand dollars out of ATM. I don't know there's been a year that I pulled ten thousand out of an ATM. It's you know, I pull a couple hundred dollar dollars off to have just cash if I need to, like, you know, pay expenses, But most things I do in credit cards, Like five hundred and three thousand, six hundred and fourteen. All right, that was twenty seventeen. What do you think he's spent just on ATM cash withdrawals in twenty eighteen.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna guess over a half million dollars.
Speaker 3: Again, seven hundred and seventy two thousand dollars and five hundred and forty eight dollars. Wow, Like, holy crap, who the hell that that's two grand a day? Who pulls two thousand dollars a day? And by the way, that's two thousand dollars every day. That's on Monday, that's on Tuesday, that's on Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and back on Monday. Like, what are you doing with seven hundred and seventy two thousand, five hundred and forty eight dollars in the year twenty eighteen?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 1: I will be completely honest with you, I don't know what the market rate is for drugs.
Speaker 2: I have no idea.
Speaker 1: I don't know how much how much a cost to do math or crack or any of these things. But a five hundred thousand dollars habit, to me, seems like that would be an insane amount that would probably at some point put you under if you were actually consuming that much that much in drug use. So I'm assuming this money is either going to other nefarious things like prostitution and who knows what else he could have been doing illegally with his cash in possible payoffs.
Speaker 3: And by the way, I'm going to say, there are other accounts that they're mentioned. And then twenty nineteen he has an amazing drop off. I don't know why twenty nineteen was a cheap year, but he falls all the way down to one hundred eighty six nine hundred and twenty dollars. And my guess is, I think one hundred and eighty six thousand is more than ever pulled out of an ATM in fifty two years. But that was a really mild year compared to his seven hundred and seventy two thousand dollars year. So from twenty sixteen to twenty nineteen, Hunter Biden pulled one million, six hundred and sixty four thousand and four dollars out of ATMs. All right, next category, payments various women twenty sixteen. What do you think it is?
Speaker 2: Payments various women?
Speaker 3: I don't even know what that means. That that's how the prosecutors have described it. I'm quoting it. It simply says, payments dash various women.
Speaker 2: Fifty grand.
Speaker 3: So twenty sixteen is a cheap year, four four hundred dollars.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's that.
Speaker 3: I don't know what payments various women means, but four grand is compared to the numbers we were talking about, relatively small. What do you think twenty seventeen.
Speaker 1: Is I'm assuming you got rid into it, So let's call it thirty grand.
Speaker 3: One hundred and thirty eight thousand, eight hundred and thirty seven dollars. Wow, Payments various women. What do you think twenty eighteen is?
Speaker 2: Double?
Speaker 5: It?
Speaker 3: Three hundred and eighty three thousand, five hundred and forty eight dollars. And then twenty nineteen, I don't know, he had a down year. Twenty nineteen it drops to just one hundred and fifty six thousand, four hundred and twenty seven. All right, Next category, Clothing and Accessory twenty sixteen, seventy eight thousand dollars, twenty seventeen, one hundred and thirteen thousand dollars, twenty eighteen, one hundred and fifty one thousand dollars, twenty nineteen, fifty three thousand dollars. How about tuition, extra education, extracurricular twenty sixteen one hundred and seventeen thousand dollars, twenty seventeen, ninety four thousand dollars, twenty eighteen, ninety three thousand dollars, twenty nineteen, it's a cheap year, four thousand dollars. Health beauty Pharmacy twenty sixteen, fifty four thousand dollars, twenty seventeen, one hundred and ten thousand dollars, twenty eighteen forty six thousand dollars, twenty nineteen, twenty six thousand dollars. Let's go down to by the way.
Speaker 2: This is this is what burning through cash sounds like.
Speaker 3: All right, So you talked about his spending money on prostitutes. There's actually a separate category that the prosecutors have enumerated called adult entertainment.
Speaker 2: So that would count the payments to women that would be separate.
Speaker 3: We assume, so twenty sixteen, four thousand, four hundred and eleven dollars to adult entertainment, pretty mild year. He was actually a pretty good boy. In twenty sixteen, twenty seventeen, not so much. Fifty six thousand, eight hundred and forty six dollars in adult entertainment twenty seventeen. I don't know what the hell happened in twenty seventeen. Trump became president. He got pissed off, He went out and parted his ass off. One hundred thousand dollars and three hundred and thirty dollars in adult entertainment in twenty seventeen, and then twenty eighteen it gets back down to a lower level. Twenty seven thousand, three hundred and seventy three dollars. This is And by the way, I'll give you one other category. There are multiple other categories here, but i'll read one another Rehab, drug and alcohol twenty sixteen seven thousand, six hundred dollars twenty seventeen, twenty eight thousand, six hundred dollars twenty seventeen thirty five thousand, six hundred and sixty nine dollars. So he's paying thirty five grand on rehab the same year he's spending one hundred grand in an adult entertainment. He's spending three hundred and eighty three thousand dollars on payments to various women, and he's spent spending seven hundred and seventy two thousand dollars on ATM cash withdraws. When they say that's an extravagant spending level, that ain't even close to describing the facts they lay out.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you about blackout coffee. Bidenomics is a complete and total disaster. But I don't let that or any of these other issues ruin my day. You want to know why, because I start my day with a hot America first cup of blackout coffee. Now, if you like a premium cup of coffee to start your day. And I got to get up every day and get on the radio at seven in the morning. I have to be ready to give the news. And that is why I have to have a good cup of coffee, not average, but a really good cup of coffee. Blackout coffee is one hundred percent of America, zero percent woke company. You know there's a bunch of woke caffee companies out there. The biggest ones are the wokest ones out there. Well, Blackout is one hundred percent committed to conservative values, from sourcing the beans to the roasting process, customer support and shipping. They embody true American values and accept no compromise on taste or quality.
Speaker 2: I'm drinking it every day. I can tell you this is true. You need to try Blackout Coffee.
Speaker 1: And if you've got someone on your Christmas list as a coffee drinker that loves premium coffee, go to Blackoutcoffee dot com slash verdict. That's Blackout Coffee dot com slash verdict. You'll use the promo code vertict and you're gonna get twenty percent off your first order, plus you can see all their incredible gift ideas for the holidays. It's Blackout Coffee dot com slash verdict. Be awake, not woke. Blackoutcoffee dot com slash verdict. If you look at the cash here and the spending, and I think this is where we should really hone in on following the money which goes back to Joe Biden, and the reality is all of the spinning habits that we just talked about and the way that they described it as again, the definditant engaged in a four year scheme to not pay his taxes. That's what it says in this United States District Court for the Central District, California.
Speaker 2: And they called a scheme.
Speaker 1: They said, it's evasion of taxes, failure to file and pay taxes, and false and fraudulent tax returns, a four year scheme to avoid over one point four million dollars in tax obligations, and he filed false returns. But then you go back and follow the money center, and that's where this really matters, where the rubber hits the road. What were the services rendered for the amount of cash coming in? He didn't offer any services, which goes back to the money laundering, which goes back to everything we've learned about Joe Biden. And we also have again from James Comer and Jim Jordan that there were a dozens of emails directly from the Burner email accounts of now President Joe Biden without his son being sees heed on them. Two Hunter Biden's business associates and partners. So the idea that he wasn't involved in his son's business world is a flat out lie.
Speaker 3: Well, on the face of it, the indictments that were just entered in yesterday against Hunter Biden, if he's convicted, could result in seventeen years of prison sentence. That's a long time. Seventeen years is not a slap on the wrist. It's not mild now, mind you. The Biden DOJ desperately tried to give Hunter Biden a slap on the wrist, and the public scrutiny that was caused by the irs whistleblowers.
Speaker 2: Blew that plan.
Speaker 3: But Ben, look, you know me, Well, what do you think enrages me the most about this indictment?
Speaker 1: I would assume the money laundering and the crimes is the way I would describe it in my opinion against women that he exploited.
Speaker 3: So that is infuriating. But that's not what enrages me the most. What enrages me the most are the words that are missing. And the words that are missing from this indictment are Joseph Robinette Biden junior.
Speaker 2: Look, so how do we keep those words out of there?
Speaker 3: So we have talked at length on this podcast, The Biden doj was obsessively focused on protect the big guy, protect Joe Biden. We talked about early on Joe wanted to protect his son. Look, that's admiral let every father wants to protect his son. But at some point the political apparatriics, at some point, the elected Democrats, at some point, the the corrupt corporate media decided, Okay, Hunter Biden is not savable. He's so messed up, he's going down, he is doing jail time, and they made the decision to throw Hunter Biden overboard. But the focus, the overwhelming focus, is we must, must, must, must, must protect Joe Biden. Now, we've also talked at length on this podcast how the only reason this is a matter of public concern is because of Joe Biden. Listen, Hunter, I've never met Hunter Biden. I don't know the guy, but everything about him, he seems like a deeply disturbed, sad individual. He is wrestling with demons. He has struggled with drug and alcohol addiction his entire life. If his name were Hunter Smith, you and I wouldn't be talking about this, And if we encountered him, we would feel bad for him. We'd hope he get treatment. We'd hope he get help. But if his name were Hunter Smith, he would not have made millions of dollars. There's nothing about Hunter Biden's skill set. There's nothing about his experience. There's nothing about what he's able to produce that would cause anyone to pay him millions of dollars. Look across the entire scope of the country. Find one other crackhead who gets paid millions of dollars. They don't to make millions of dollars, you have to perform some service.
Speaker 4: That is of value.
Speaker 3: The only service Hunter Biden performed was he delivered favors from Daddy. And understand, this is not an access case. This is not about he's a lobbyist. This is about I believe Joe Biden doing favors explicitly for the people who gave millions of dollars to his son, and also Joe Biden being prepared to exact retribution against the people who refused to pay millions of dollars to his son. We also know that James Comer has cataloged at great length a substantial sum of money that the Chinese communists paid to Hunter Biden, that the Ukrainians paid to Hunter Biden, that the Russians paid to Hunter Biden, A substantial amount of that made it directly to Joe Biden's bank account, So this was understand It is Joe Biden that was leading what you've referred to as the Biden crime crime family, and this indictment, it's designed on the face of it to look tough. Wow, we're going after Hunter. But every one of the offenses is specifically limited to Hunter. There is nothing. So David Wis and the Biden Department of Justice allow the statute of limitations to run on all of the violations concerning China. They just let it run. So this doesn't concern China, This doesn't concern the WhatsApp where Hunter says, I'm sitting here next to my father. Pay me the money now, or he will exact retribution that is not covered by this indictment. This is entirely putting the blame. And you and I have talked about this. If they were going to try to cover up for Joe Biden, this is what they would do. They'd try to make Hunter Biden the fall guy. And I got to admit, as I look at this indictment, It makes me angry because this is designed to be a different defense of Joe Biden to insulate him. These offenses, the one unifying theme is they're designed to be completely free of involvement with Joe Biden, and it ignores the broader question where did these millions of dollars come from? And the answer is Hunter Biden selling favors from Daddy, which the Biden Justice Apartment desperately wants nobody to know about.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you about Patriot Mobile.
Speaker 1: For ten years, Patriot Mobile has been America's only Christian conservative wireless provider. And when I say only trust me, they're the only one. The team at Patriot Mobiles started Patriot Mobiles so you didn't have to give your money anymore to woke big cell phone companies who were taking your dollars after you pay your bill and giving it back to liberal causes, including planned parenthood. Now, if you're sick and tired of giving your cash to woke individuals, if you're sick and tired of giving your money to woke candidates and to woke causes, then switch your cell phone bill right now. A Patriot Mobile offers dependable nationwide coverage, giving you the ability to access all three major networks, which means you get the same coverage that you're accustomed to without funding the left. Now, when you pay your bill to Patriot Mobile, this is the best part. They take a percentage of your bill every month at no extra costs to you, and they give it to organizations that support free speech, religious freedom, the sanctity of life, the Second Amendment, our military, our veterans, and our first responder heroes. They have one hundred percent US based customer service team making switching easy. You can keep your same number that you have right now, keep your same cell phone, or upgrade to a new one, and many times they save you money on your monthly bill on top of everything else they're doing. Go to Patriot Mobile dot com right now. That's Patriotmobile dot com. Or you can call them nine to seven to two Patriot. It's nine seven to two Patriot. Make sure you use the promo code Verdict when you call them or online, and you'll get free activation and the best deals of the year. One other question I want to ask you, Senator about this is you know Biden's lawyers have been pretty snarky with Congress. They've been saying that they're not going to appear for depositions. There is a very good chance that he will not show up this next week as he's been told to do. They say they only want to do a public hearing, which to put it, Let's be clear, Donald Trump's kids set for depositions for hours on end in a witch hunt investigation. Let's never forget that. We also know that Biden lied multiple times about his involvement with his son's business dealings, and new emails are proving that over and over again yet again. So if he doesn't show up and they do hold him in contempt, there's a problem because the DOJ, Biden's DOJ, the deep state would be the ones that would have to act on that contempt charge. And is there any chance And you just talked to Director Ray, you've talked to others the DOJ before, and the FBI is do you think they would pursue this against Hunter Biden, the President's cent or No?
Speaker 4: I don't.
Speaker 3: I think the Biden Department of Justice is the most political Department of Justice we've ever seen. I think this FBI is the most political FBI we've ever seen. I think they are covering up for Joe Biden with all of their might, and I think they're trying to limit Hunter Biden's exposure. I think they're willing to throw him overboard some but I think they want to limit his exposure when it comes to the testimony. We don't know right now if Hunter Biden's going to show up. You're right that Donald Trump's kids showed up for hours and hours and hours of deposition, so it's not clear why Hunter Biden should be different. He may try to stiff it. If he tries to stiff it, I fully expect the House Representatives to hold him in contempt and to vote out of contempt citation. But to enforce that that takes the Department of Justice. And I have zero confidence, not even one percent, zero confidence, this Department of Justice will do anything to enforce a contempt citation against Hunter Biden. And listen, part of it is their objective is protect Joe Biden. It is their overarching it is their obsessive objective. And so they don't want Hunter Biden testifying. They want to delay all of this. Part of the strategy, if you're defending someone from corruption, is every minute of delay is a good, good minute We're three years into the Biden presidency, and the initial lies he told he never talked with his son about his overseas business dealings, we now know that as a flagrant lie. It is wildly untrue. At every stage, everything Joe Biden has said has been proven a lie over and over and over again. But he's counting on the corrupt corporate media never to let people know, never to report on it.
Speaker 1: Brings me to also the fireworks that place this week, and it was between you and the FBI director. I want to play a large chunk of this. But before I do, set the stage, why was the FBI director before your committee in the Senate and what was this all about?
Speaker 3: Well, the FBI Director, Chris Ray was testifying before the Senate Judiciary Committee, and periodically the director of the FBI testifies before judiciary, and so I took the opportunity to question him. And there are a lot of topics I could have questioned him on. I could have questioned him for hours on end, but I only had seven minutes, and so I chose to use the seven minutes to focus on the politicization of the FBI and the refusal of the FBI to investigate the growing, the becoming overwhelming evidence of Joe Biden's corruption, and so that's what I asked him about.
Speaker 1: I want to play a chunk of this because it's really important, and I hope that every vertical listener will make sure that you take this and share this podcast so that you can let people know about what these questions were, the really important questions. And also I would argue the shocking response from the FBI Director Ray, take a listen to this.
Speaker 4: Thank you, miss Chairman. Director Ray.
Speaker 6: Welcome.
Speaker 3: As you know, I am deeply concerned about the conduct of both the Department of Justice and the FBI, particularly in the last three years during the Biden administration. I think the Department of Justice has been profoundly politicized under Attorney General Merrick Garland, and I think the FBI has as well. And unfortunately, I think you've been unwilling to stand up to senior career officials and the FBI.
Speaker 6: Who's allowed the FBI to be politicized.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you I regularly speak with FBI agents across the country who are unhappy about the integrity of the institution being weakened because DOJ is being treated as a political weapon.
Speaker 4: I want to talk in.
Speaker 3: Particular about the investigation into multiple allegations of corruption concerning Hunter Biden and Joe Biden, because the Department of Justice has, I think from the outset, tried at every step to stop investigation into corruption from Joe Biden. As you're aware, a WhatsApp text message was sent to Henry Zao, a senior Chinese communist, from Hunter Biden that reads as follows, I'm sitting here with my father and we would like to understand why the commitment made has not been fulfilled. Tell the director that I would like to resolve this now before it gets out of hand, and now means tonight and Zee. If I get a call or text from anyone involved in this other than you, Zanger, the Chairman, I will make certain that between the man sitting next to me and every person he knows, and my ability to hold a grudge, that you will regret not following my direction. I am sitting here waiting for the call with my father now. Democrats and those in the media trying to defend the White House repeatedly say there is no direct evidence of Joe Biden's involvement in his son's corruption. Well, this is a text that is direct evidence that is stating that it is his father that is going to retaliate. Now, an IRS whistleblower, Gary Shapley, testified before the House of Representatives that the natural step he wanted to follow was to determine whether Joe Biden was in fact sitting next to his father when this threat was made to extort millions of dollars from a Chinese communist. And what the IRS whistleblower testified is that when he tried to find out whether Joe Biden was sitting next to Hunter, that the DOJ blocked getting the GPS data on Joe Biden's phone. Did the FBI try to ascertain where Hunter Biden was and where Joe Biden was when this text was sent?
Speaker 5: Well, I think the questions you're asking go to the ongoing investigation being led by a special counsel wise, and so I'm not going to be able to discuss what is or is in scope.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: Look, there's been testimony under oath from the IRS whistleblower that you did not seek the GPS data, And you're right.
Speaker 4: David Weiss. The special prosecutor is in charge.
Speaker 3: Of it, and it is David Weiss and his underlings, who the accord of the IRS whistle blowers, have alleged that they're the ones try to stop the investigation. They allow the statute of limitations to run on many of the most serious violations. Not only that, IRS whistleblower Shapley testified that on September, third Assistant US Attorney Leslie Wolfe explicitly told investigators that, despite having probable cause to search, quote, there is no way a search warrant would be approved when the evidence in question was located inside of Vice President Biden's guest house. Wolf stated that quote, the optics prevented such a search. Is the FBI do they make a routine practice of allowing partisan political optics to prevent investigating serious evidence of corruption.
Speaker 5: My instructions to our people on this and on every other investigation are that we are to follow the facts wherever they lead, no matter who likes it, no matter what political influence.
Speaker 3: And why did maybe GBS state on where Hunter Biden and Joe Biden were again center with respect, I can't this is an ongoing inspection, and Director Ray, you and I have gone round around on this because I understand anytime you're asked about this, the answer is.
Speaker 4: It's an ongoing investigation.
Speaker 3: Of course, the investigation is an ongoing You're not doing the work. You got whistleblowers pointing out that you're not doing the work and you are hiding behind the skirts of the Attorney general. Look, the whistleblower also testified that the Attorney General when he came before Congress. Go to the next chart, came before Congress lied under oath to this committee.
Speaker 4: The Attorney General.
Speaker 3: Testified to this committee in response to my questioning, I have pledged not to interfere with the Hunter Biden investigation.
Speaker 4: I have carried through on that pledge.
Speaker 3: The irs whistleblowers of alleged the Attorney General lied under oath a felony. Was the Attorney General telling the truth when he said this? Was the Attorney General telling the truth when he said, I have pledged not to interfere with the Hunter Biden investigation, and I have carried through.
Speaker 5: In my pledge. Again, I can't speak to the Attorney General's testimony. I can only tell you what my instructions have been to our people.
Speaker 3: Has there been political interference in the investigation into Hunter Biden and Joe Biden, not that I have experienced. Were the investigators allowed to investigate whether Joe Biden was complicit in the corruption?
Speaker 5: Again, there is an ongoing investigator asking you about corruption from DJ Were.
Speaker 4: They allowed to investigate Joe Biden?
Speaker 3: Or is the whistleblower telling the truth that DOJ said? Joe Biden's off limits. No questions about the big guy.
Speaker 5: And as to what is in scope or not in scope of the ongoing investigation, I would refer you to Special Council Wiites.
Speaker 6: That is not me hiding behind anything center.
Speaker 5: That is a long standing policy that has been in place direct multiple administrations, a risk going back years, a responsibility to the FBI not to allow it to be a partisan tool and a partisan weapon.
Speaker 3: The testimony, and by the way, the FBI has done nothing.
Speaker 6: And I have not and I will not.
Speaker 4: Have you opened an investigation.
Speaker 3: And to whether the Attorney General led under oath to Congress and whether the Attorney General instructive.
Speaker 6: Justice, I'm not going to go down that road here.
Speaker 4: I know you're not. That's the point.
Speaker 3: Nobody thinks you've opened an investigation because you're not willing to. And the amazing thing is directory I've known you thirty years. You're not a partisan Democrat. You're simply sitting blithely by while career partisans in your agency allow it to be weaponized. And you are damaging the FI and you were damaging the Department of Justice. Let me ask you also, the whistleblower testified that investigators wanted to execute a search warrant on a storage unit used by Hunter Biden, and instead they tipped off Hunter Biden's lawyer before the.
Speaker 4: Search warrant was carried out.
Speaker 3: Is it typical FBI practice to tip off the subject of a search warrant before the search warrant so they can remove any evidence that's incriminating.
Speaker 5: What is typical is that when you're dealing with an individual who has a protective detail, it is typical for agents to be in contact with.
Speaker 3: Does the protective detent details the protective detail guard the storage unit?
Speaker 5: Again, I can't speak to the storage unit specifically. What I can tell you is.
Speaker 3: They why Why would the FBI tip off the subject of a search warrant about the storage unit that was going to be searched beforehand? Does that not undermine the very essence of an investigation that DOJ is purporting.
Speaker 5: To undertake again, I'm not going to be able to got specific investigative sets.
Speaker 4: Who will take it?
Speaker 6: You're not.
Speaker 3: Nobody answers these questions, and it's why people are furious with the cover up, because you don't believe the FBI is accountable to Congress or to the American people.
Speaker 4: Your time is up, Dirktoray has requested a five minute recess.
Speaker 6: Five minutes.
Speaker 5: I'll just let me just send it if I might just quickly respond and then respond code to the break, thank you.
Speaker 6: I understand why this is frustrating. I do.
Speaker 5: But it is also the case that these policies that I am referring to about my inability to discuss ongoing investigations and certainly internal deliberations related to ongoing investigations are policies that have not only been in place for many, many years through multiple administrations of both parties, but but in fact these were policies that were actually strengthened under the last administration, and that my predecessor was faulted in a fairly scathing Inspector General report for not following it.
Speaker 4: Way say that, in my mind, you have an obligation call it out.
Speaker 3: He's engaged in this job, you have an obligation to call out corruption.
Speaker 1: Senator, I understand him saying it's not going investigation, but hiding behind that. When you're talking about basic things that the FBI didn't do clearly to protect the Biden family. He should still be able to answer those questions, shouldn't.
Speaker 3: He He should, and he's stonewalling, and there's an arrogance of the director of the FBI. Look, as I mentioned in my questioning, I've known Chris Ray for thirty years. He clerked for the same federal judge I clerked for. He's not a liberal Democrat. That's the amazing thing. I think Chris Ray still believes he's a Republican. I think he still believes he's a conservative. He just is unwilling. He's a company man. He's unwilling to take on the career officials at the FBI who are rabid partisans, who are left wing zelots. And he also he buys into the notion that he has no response ability to the American people, no responsibility to Congress, no responsibility to be accountable or transparent. So he views his obligation no sorry, ongoing investigation piss off jump in a lake. I'm not going to answer your question. Look, you've got two IRS whistleblowers who've come forward and alleged felonies from the Attorney General. A director of the FBI has an obligation to answer questions about that. I asked a very simple question, did you try to ascertain the GPS data about where Hunter Biden was and where Joe Biden was when Hunter Biden sent the email asking for bribes trying to shake down the Chinese communists for bribes. The email, on its face says he's sitting next to his father, Joe Biden. If he's in fact sitting next to his father, it directly implicates Joe Biden in trying to extort millions of dollars from Chinese communists, much of which ultimately went to Joe Biden himself. What the RS whistleblower said is they wanted to get that GPS data that is readily ascertainable, and the Biden DOJ blocked it. There is nothing to prevent Chris Ray from answering the question did you try to seek that GPS data?
Speaker 4: Yes or no? Did DOJ blockett? Yes or no?
Speaker 3: He refuses to answer, and his shield to everything. He says it's an ongoing investigation. But as we've discussed, it's not ongoing. They are deliberately not investigating Joe Biden. And so it is a view that there's a hubris. We are the FBI. We don't have to answer your questions. And I got to say it is profoundly harmful to the rule of law and the integrity of the FBI to have the leadership of the FBI refuse to provide even the barest minimum of transparency or accountability.
Speaker 2: Let me also tell you about Chalk.
Speaker 1: If you're a guy and you feel like you've lost your strength and vitality, and like weakness and complacency are setting in. The problem is men's testostrom levels are off a cliff historically at an all time low. Thankfully, the patriots at Chalk are helping real America men just like you, take back and proudly maximize your masculinity by boosting your TESTOSTERM levels up to.
Speaker 2: Twenty percent over ninety days. Now.
Speaker 1: You can check out Chalk at choq dot com and check out the mail Vitality Stack. Why because it's manufactured right here in the US of A. Chalk's natural herbal supplements are clinically proven to have game changing effects on your energy, your focus, your mood, maximize your masculinity. Today at chalk dot com, and when you use the promo code Ben, you're gonna get thirty five percent off. Let me say again, You're gonna get thirty five percent off any Chalk subscription for life.
Speaker 2: So boost your testostrom levels twenty percent.
Speaker 1: Of ninety days. Get rid of that weakness and complacency. Choq dot com promo code Ben for thirty five percent off, sen Oor. Last question for you, and I want to go back to the FBI director and really the advantage that the Biden family has, which it seems that everybody is covering for them. The House Oversight Committee put out this tweet saying Hunter Biden must appear for his deposition on December the thirteenth. Chairman Comer and Jim Jordan will initiate contempt of Congress proceedings if Hunter does not appear. He has obviously said I will only appear before a public hearing. That's not what they're subpoenating for. In your gut, will Hunter Biden appear or will he be a no show?
Speaker 4: Look?
Speaker 3: I put the odds at about fifty to fifty on that. I think it could go either way. I think there's a chance Hunter appears, and I think he could be defiant. He could be he could be hiding behind his lawyers. I also think there's a very real chance he just doesn't show up. He just says, go pound Sand if he does. If he refuses to show up, the House will vote in CONTENTMP. But once the House votes him in contempt, nothing will happen because the Biden DOJ will not do anything to enforce the contempt sanctioned. Remember the House Representatives held Eric Holder in contempt when he was Attorney General under Barack Obama and nothing happened. Now why did nothing happen Because to enforce the contempt finding, DOJ has to bring it. And you know what, Eric Holder was in charge of DJ, and so magically Eric Holder said, you know, when I think of things that I want to prosecute, the contempt finding against me is not one of them. I think the chances of Merrick Garland doing anything to enforce a contempt finding against Hunter Biden are very close to zero. And so look, there's a chance Hunter shows up. He did publicly say he was willing to show up it was in public, but either way, I do not expect him to be forthcoming. Whether if he shows up, he's not going to say much of substance, and if he doesn't show up he feels he can defy the subpoena without meaningful consequence.
Speaker 2: It's going to be a very very very interesting week.
Speaker 1: We're going to cover all of it for you, so make sure you hit that follow or subscribe or auto download button. Apple has changed algorithms recently, so make sure if you're listening on Apple right now, you hit that follow button so that you don't miss an episode.
Speaker 2: We do this Monday, Wednesday, Friday.
Speaker 1: We also have a weekend review on Saturdays as well, and download my podcast, the Ben Ferguson Podcast, and I'll keep you up to date on those in between days as well with the latest breaking news and the Senator and I will see you back here for the weekend review on Saturday