Speaker 1: Wind Down with Janet Kramer and I'm Heeart Radio podcast. We hope you all had an amazing Christmas. This is being recorded before Christmas. We were in Los Angeles, but we thought it would be fun to do a little fun Q and A session And uh yeah, it's always nice to It's good.
Speaker 2: Because you can't look disappointed at your Christmas presents.
Speaker 1: I don't know, you know me, I don't care about It's the little things. For me, it's the most meaningful things. But anyways, I love being able to to do some Q and A.
Speaker 3: I think it's fun.
Speaker 1: I think it's though I believe it's hard for you at times because you're more private.
Speaker 2: I actually I actually prefer them. See the ones that can work on your screen. Just file them at me, because you know what I like. I love the really interests of people because I feel like I can call them out.
Speaker 3: What do you think is intrusive?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 3: Which? Which questions do you find intrusive?
Speaker 2: Good questions? Hannah fired a couple of intrusive ones at me. What you think are intrusive?
Speaker 4: Here's one. I wonder if you think that this is intrusive? Is Alan a Lions fan?
Speaker 2: Yet that's not intrusive. Come on, Hannah, go hardcore me with one?
Speaker 3: Of course he is dah, I feel send to my stomach.
Speaker 5: Guys, these I I kind of was hoping more from some fans, but somebody asked his Mike ever watched Roman?
Speaker 2: Honestly, what is it with people? Of course? What does Mike ever watched Roman? Why would someone ask that? Well?
Speaker 1: Has he?
Speaker 2: No? Not really?
Speaker 1: Ever, what if we get into like a tight spot where we need help when he's older and the we don't have the kids that weekend? It's like, hey, do you mind just taking Romanto?
Speaker 2: No? No, no, it's a boundary. It doesn't get cross. Not that I don't like Michael, don't trust them, but just know it's just weird. Next question, Hannah, come on, help. Maybe we have even more interested one.
Speaker 5: How do you stop obsessing over an ex and their new partner?
Speaker 1: I think that there's a lot of context to that question, because I think it's I think the context comes with how the relationship ended.
Speaker 3: So if that person cheated.
Speaker 1: On you and you then see them with someone else, you're obsessing about them being with someone else because they hurt you, because you think that you know they're getting the better version.
Speaker 3: Or whatever.
Speaker 1: I also think maybe if that person, you know, they really they like that person more obviously, and another person broke up with them, and then to see them, you know, be this other to be happy with someone else. I think it's it's hard because that was your relationship. But I think to not spiral, you have to realize that, you know, you're obviously your relationships over with and whatever that relationship was wasn't wasn't it? So you're wasting your time on something that that person doesn't think about you. So why are you wasting your energy on someone that doesn't really care about you?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I understand that. I just have never been a person that if I'm not with someone, I don't really care who they was. Yeah, it makes no difference to me whatsoever.
Speaker 1: The only piece that I can relate to a little bit is I felt like post divorce. I think it wasn't even like obsession of like who he would be with, but it was more like does does do they get the better version? Do they get the healthy version? Do they get the one that the one that I was promised and deserved?
Speaker 2: Absolutely?
Speaker 3: Yeah, So I can see that piece of it.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't say like I'm I was ever obsessed with it, but like it was more like a hurt and like a sadness, like oh that girl gets to get the better version, but it's just a different version.
Speaker 3: It's a myth.
Speaker 4: Erica wants to know does Alan have any single brothers?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: I did have a brother who's single at the moment. Yeah, I've only got one brother and he is he's single. Yeah.
Speaker 1: We love Uncle Simon. Uncle Simon is a lot of fun and every time I ever post him, people are always like, ooh, hook me up with Alan's hot brother.
Speaker 3: Yeah he's listen. I'll just say this.
Speaker 1: If you can't understand Alan, you will never be able to understand Simon. He is you. Simon and your dad have the thickest accents ever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's glass. He speaks glass regent slang. Yeah, but he's lovable and he's a good looking guy.
Speaker 1: So can you give me a glass region slang talk right now?
Speaker 2: I'm not really a glass I'm not really a slang glass region, never have been.
Speaker 1: They gave me something your dad would say, I could say it like quite fast, something that my dad.
Speaker 2: Would say, what either or not for?
Speaker 1: I think we got that one.
Speaker 2: That kind of springs to mind when it comes to my dad all that second.
Speaker 1: That's actually kind of sad.
Speaker 4: Tear.
Speaker 2: Oh, not in a bad way, No, I know. Do you know what he's like? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, very loving.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So I have a single brother who's a good looking guy, very lovable.
Speaker 1: He's a good looking dude. It's a very good looking family. Your dad is a handsome man. Yes, your dad is very handsome. Your mom is beautiful, Like, you have a beautiful family. My mom had a crush on your dad at the wedding, and I'm like, Mom, she was like, his eyes are dream talking about Alan's dad. I was like, I know, Mom, he's very handsome. She's like no, but like I just I almost can't even look away. It's just such a dream. And I was like, mom, you're.
Speaker 3: Mary, you know. I was like, and he's married.
Speaker 1: But she's like, oh, oh I know. But oh my gosh, now I see where Alan gets it from. It was like it was quite funny.
Speaker 3: I was like, is there a love afair happening at our wedding?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 4: Never, Alan, What are your favorite songs of Jana's?
Speaker 1: Oh wow, Hannah, Baby, there's a easy shoeing that you should.
Speaker 2: Get the one that really like. I don't know if it's out yet. I don't want to see it in case it's not out.
Speaker 1: Which one was? Oh? The one with Jesse? Then I do with Jesse hopefully?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I like that one. It's catchy. I think that will do well.
Speaker 3: Not the wedding song? Aren't you next?
Speaker 2: Oh listen, I'm not finished. I just wanted to clarify if that one was thought yet.
Speaker 1: We haven't even recorded yet. I need to Hey girl, Jesse, we're still doing it. What's going on?
Speaker 2: But obviously obviously the one that she wrote for the wedding. It still makes me cry when I listen to it. Really, yeah, absolutely every time I listened to its sweet thanks beautiful?
Speaker 4: Do you and Alan go to therapy together?
Speaker 2: Who asks that? Who wants to know that? What type? Torry? I can't see that because they might be a nice person.
Speaker 1: Do you have to remember the origin of the show. So this show, well, it started just me or whatever, and then Mike came on and then it became like a train wreck show of people just like listening to the train wreck. And now I think people are still.
Speaker 2: Hanging out funny ones like do you fart in front of Alan? Well, do you do you take a poop in front of Alan? Well, I like, do you go to therapy together? Just lowering the tone of the whole evening.
Speaker 3: Should we answer the therapy one?
Speaker 2: We have done? What we have done a couple of times.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we actually had a great therapy session a couple of weeks ago.
Speaker 2: I thought, And your therapist loves me.
Speaker 1: My therapist loves Alan. It's almost annoying where I'm like Amy my side and.
Speaker 3: She was just like he's a good guy. Channel she's fair.
Speaker 1: But but you know, I think we have done and I think therapy is something that is a good tool for couples. And I'm not saying it's, you know, like you have to go. Obviously some people don't believe in going to therapy, but I think if you run into an issue, I think and if you continue to run into a certain thing, then it's I think it's a healthy way to talk when you can't talk it out together. And it's not saying we can't talk out our problems, because we can and we have, but sometimes it's nice to be able to have and it's and it's our therapist that we kind of do like a join one where it's you know, my therapist and his therapists. You know, we all kind of and I think it's more of a just I love it because it's all just like healthy communication and.
Speaker 2: It's never it's never a confrontation.
Speaker 1: I think it's it's understanding each other because we both have a lot of trauma on our past. And I think it's putting when two people have a trauma traumatic pass and you put it all in the pile together. You know, it's it's it's helpful for him to hear me speak about how certain things affect me that he would not even think would affect me. And it's helpful for him to hear my therapists just describe and help me guy walk through it, and he has more understanding of where I come from in certain areas and how I communicate in certain ways, and he can have more empathy with hearing me and my therapist talk about it, right or No?
Speaker 2: Yeah, absolutely, And I think it I think the stigma of therapy is that we have issues is Yeah, I think that's gone there. I think it's I think it's actually a strong point or a strong part of a relationship where you can actually go and have a couple's therapy. If it's not reactive or okay, we need to check in. We need to as an issue, who's come up and yeah, it's probably best that we we get somebody else's insight on it, a different voice in the room, so to speak. So it's always been it's always been positive.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean we're holding to other's hands and wiping each other's tears and more like, I truly believe our therapy is when we have had it, which is like what two times it's been to have the other person understand the other person and where they come from, and for me to be more empathetic in certain areas, for you to be more empathetic in certain areas, and for it just to be more like, oh okay, and sometimes having someone else help to describe that is easier than just your wife being like, this is what I went through and this is why it's hard, you know, So I did. Have you ever heard in front of me?
Speaker 2: No, yes, you have, when Babe, I go to at least going to the pantry when you're in a lounge, it's quite loud. I've never deliberately farted in front of you. Maybe in my sleep. I fought, yeah, because.
Speaker 1: Naturally you go in the other room. But unfortunately usually it's allowed one when you go in the other room.
Speaker 2: So therefore I had never foughted in front of you because that's another room.
Speaker 3: True.
Speaker 1: I told you, though, you can let it flow if you want, like we've were married.
Speaker 2: I see, I don't agree with that. I don't ever want to get to a point where you'll just far and in front of me.
Speaker 3: Well, I wouldn't.
Speaker 2: I like your little but I don't want to heat it fat.
Speaker 1: Okay, Oh I haven't. I wouldn't like I want to keep it yeah, like it's and I haven't. But I'm fine if you want to.
Speaker 2: If you fart in front of me and it smelt, I would be haunted by that.
Speaker 4: Do you part from your husband an?
Speaker 2: Absolutely?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Okay, because I mean I haven't either, but like some people are.
Speaker 2: If you should that. She's not going to say that's based on what I've just said. Let's get Hannah's husband on here, not.
Speaker 4: Tell you that. I get way too embarrassed about that.
Speaker 2: I think it's yeah, not like I've done it once in a different room loudly and you laughed.
Speaker 1: I did. I think it's funny. Yeah, but I do agree with you. I think it'd be rude if you did it all the time.
Speaker 2: Absolutely. I think it just he's a little ref of disrespect.
Speaker 1: I don't think it's disrespect. I think it's just like laziness. Not laziness. I think it's like you lose the passion.
Speaker 2: Yes, maybe, like.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't want to like have sex with you right after you've started, you know what I mean?
Speaker 4: Like, Janna, do you like Mike's new girlfriend.
Speaker 1: I haven't met her yet, I have said him, sorry, I haven't met her yet, but he had asked if I wanted to meet her, and I think before she meets the kids. I think I would like to meet her because I know how serious he is about this relationship so and not because again we need to like bread each other's hair or something. I just, you know, as the mom, I like to know who my child's hanging around. And I respectfully did the same thing. I asked her if he wanted to meet you before you met the kids, which you guys ended up hanging out afterwards because your travel and stuff. But yeah, I mean I look forward to the day that I do.
Speaker 5: You kind of touched on this one earlier, but someone asked, what made you decide to have Alan on as a host after Mike.
Speaker 4: I feel like you said never again.
Speaker 1: I did.
Speaker 2: To be feel as a couple of things, jo said, Yeah, you've been angry. This is why I didn't want to do this again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like I never want to show up podcasting, like I don't want to have the energy of like being annoyed at the person. Or I was like, I don't like how that feels.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a couple of things. We have to navigate that a little.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because it's like it's hard.
Speaker 2: We have annoyed me, and I'm like, I have to podcast, Joanna. Now I'm angry when I'm podcasting. How can I focus when I'm angry at you?
Speaker 1: It's hard sometimes, not like it's not hard with like us, but it's hard, like I But I love it because this is this is what I think. I'm going to clarify that last statement I said I would never most likely have a podcast again with someone that I was in a relationship with. But I'm not doing it the same way that I did with the MIC because we're not hashing out really private things like yes, we've.
Speaker 3: Just talked about that.
Speaker 1: We go to therapy and you know, certain things like that, but we're not hashing out anything that is.
Speaker 2: A negative part of the relationship.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and even so we don't but we don't even have that piece, you know. And but so I like, we wouldn't even have to do that, but I don't. There's a level of yeah, respect that there's it's just different in this relationship. And so that's where I felt like it would. Now it's sometimes I think we need to up the antie so we can get a little more listens because it's we're too happy confrontational. People like conflict and that's what it's like.
Speaker 3: But I don't.
Speaker 1: Up a notch your bloodless levels blunt this? Yeah, is there anything to be blunt?
Speaker 2: I want to hand to pick out a really awful one so I can get annoyed at someone.
Speaker 5: People were nice to you during this Q and I they aren't always, but this one was a nice one.
Speaker 4: What is one thing you guys can't agree on it? And how do you navigate it?
Speaker 2: Okay, I've got one. I've got one. So I got up earlier than Jana every morning. Well we mention this or that.
Speaker 4: Oh you mentioned everyone try.
Speaker 2: Get up earlier. I normally get up some things. It will be five thirty, sometimes it will be six. But like everyone in life, when you set your alarm for five thirty, you sometimes don't feel a getting up when it goes off. So Jana gets annoyed because and I don't agree with this one bit. One bit, she gets annoyed because the alarm goes off, and listen. I've got the quietest, most peaceful alarm you'll ever here because I know a noiser so gradually wakes me up. It's like music to my ears. But when I don't get up and the alarm is rough, she goes into bad mood. He's like, well, you sit your alarm and walk us up at five thirty and then you don't get up. I'm letting what sometimes I don't feel like getting up my alarm and then.
Speaker 1: Don't set your alarm at an ungodly hour.
Speaker 2: It's not an ungodly nour five thirty. You've got to realize that when I get up at five thirty, it's eleven thirty.
Speaker 1: In the UK, right, But I identify as.
Speaker 2: That I need to deal with before the meatball and the rest of them get up. So it gives me. It gives me a ninety minute window of getting stuff done in the office. And I understand that morning, I just don't feel like getting up exactly when my alarm goes off, Jana. So let's let's pull it, because I win every pole that's put out on this podcast anyway, because you're listeners prefail me on whether a wife should moan her husband because he sets his alarm at five thirty in the morning to get up and work and go into the office and get stuff done. But when he doesn't leave the room at five thirty, do you think that is a thing that he should be moaned out for?
Speaker 1: Are you done?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I think so.
Speaker 3: Okay, this isn't my turner.
Speaker 2: And I'm not sure how you defend yourself here, but.
Speaker 1: Going my defense is I understand why you have to get up early. My beef with it is it goes off, so you set it for five thirty, it's the five forty five, it's the six.
Speaker 2: But it doesn't keep it going.
Speaker 3: Yeh does That's not true?
Speaker 1: Okay, on the rare occasion that it does, that's frustrating. But the number one frustration with it is you try to come over and cuddle with me, and like, I don't want to be cuddled at five thirty in the morning. I want to be left. I want I want to be still be sleeping because I know it's seven, like it's go time, and it's like, I don't want to be touched five thirty in the morning. I don't want to be up, so please don't wake me up. And I'm already up because your alarm woke me up, and so now I'd like to try to fall back asleep. But the problem is I can't fall back asleep when I'm up.
Speaker 2: And my affection doesn't know what time it is.
Speaker 3: Okay, well, my affection does.
Speaker 2: It wants to be affectioned. It wants to be affected.
Speaker 3: Your affection doesn't know what time it is.
Speaker 2: It doesn't have a clock. Just not real love.
Speaker 1: That you want to cuddle with me, but I really don't want to cuddle it five thirty in the morning.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's be honest. The five thirty more than cuddor was a one off?
Speaker 3: I think, yeah, because I shut it down.
Speaker 2: I think it was a one off. So it's not a habit that I formed every morning.
Speaker 1: I just I My thing is I don't. I have a hard time. I have a hard time sleeping because you snore, and I have a hard time falling back asleep. So when I'm woken up during the middle of the night because you snore, then I'm woken up again with your early alarm, So it becomes challenging. And then my ring tells me I'm sleeping when I'm not actually sleeping.
Speaker 2: It's not my fault. I can't get back to sleep, I can't get up late just because you can't get back to sleep.
Speaker 1: But you know what a deal breaker is in our relationship is that we don't allow separate rooms. So we have to just both deal with it.
Speaker 2: I got up at five thirty in the morning. It's dark right now, so I trip over the million tissues out side of your bed.
Speaker 3: What we're talking about.
Speaker 2: The trail of tissues that comes from your bed all the way around to the bottom of the bed, and I trip on the dog's toys and wake you up.
Speaker 1: I don't think Leo has a toy anyway.
Speaker 2: Anyway, When I don't go and when I don't get up, when my alarm goes off at a noiser, and I don't think you should have will be annoyed about that. Let's let's let's flip the situation. If I'm lazy, right, No, I'm lazy and I'm getting up at eight o'clock and the kids have been up for forty five minutes and Roman, you've fed Roman, and I'm just lying there in my bed like a slob.
Speaker 1: Again. I need to keeping the noise there again, I I I hear you. I understand, and I just don't want to cuddle, that's all. And if you're gonna get up, get up. I just is this snooze button?
Speaker 2: Is it?
Speaker 1: But bugs me?
Speaker 3: That's all.
Speaker 2: It's not even a snooze button. I just switch off and then I wake up gradually. Anyway, it's a disagreement, and one that it should never be a disagreement.
Speaker 3: Get up whenever you want. I love you.
Speaker 1: Okay, what do you think for the New Year? Should we do a juicy one?
Speaker 2: They can ask me whatever they want.
Speaker 1: So the next time we do a poll or we need some real juicy questions. So we'll do questions Q and A again with some juicy tidbits coming soon in the new year. We love you guys, Thanks for listening.
Speaker 2: Be respectful,