Speaker 1: What's that at the foot of my bed. It's spooky and jooky. I'm pretty sure it's dead. It's coming this way.
Speaker 2: Wait a minute, I'm go, said.
Speaker 1: Tyros Dress. Hey Lou, it's me Roz. I'm doing good today and sending out some emails getting us some new guests for the show coming up. And I was so happy to see how many people loved this conversation with Andrea Parrin and so good news for you, there's more where that came from. So today will be the part two of this conversation, and as always, go to patreon dot com slash Roz dres Fales for little extra some bonus clips. And this week we'll be talking about the paranormal activity that happened on the set of the movie The Conjuring, and so I'll talk about what I know of some of the people involved in the film that had stories to tell. I did speak to my friend who was in the movie The Conjuring, and she pretty much just said nothing happened to her, but that was her experience. But other people said other things happened. So you can hear about that, and you can hear about Andrea's experiences when the movie was being made in a paranormal sense her spooky spooky encounters while the movie was being made. So Patreon dot com slash rosdres Falas and I want to do a listener episode, so please send me your listeners stories to ghosted by Roz at gmail dot com with the subject line listener episode and send them in quick. Okay, here we go with part two with Andrea Baron on with the show.
Speaker 2: And what I saw. What I saw happen not only solidified my faith in God as I prayed for my mother's life, but it also taught me that there is pure, unadulterated evil in the world. And it is with that knowledge that I deliberately choose to live in the light. M hmm, evil doesn't it doesn't, dare my mother? My mother was a hacked and some would say possessed, and perhaps if she was technically it was for a very brief time. But my mother was attacked at that table because a medium who obviously didn't know what she was doing, threw open wide the doors to the nether world and conjured the spirits and invited everything in to an already supremely haunted house. So to determine who the actual culprit was that is spiritual malpractice, and whatever it was that came into my mother spoke in a language that does not exist on this planet and likely never did. My mother was screaming and writhing in pain. Her body wadded up into a ball on the seat in the chair in which she was seated. I mean literally ros to the extent you would expect to hear her bones breaking. And she threw her head back and howled like a banshee, and then her chair levitated, and in a fraction of a second she was tossed in the chair from the middle of our dining room a good twenty feet away, into the middle of our parlor. And when her head struck the floor, everyone who witnessed that was quite certain that they had just watched her die.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: So you want to talk about fucking childhood trauma? There it is there, It is right there.
Speaker 1: I mean, wow, wow, wow.
Speaker 2: Sorry, I don't mean to swear on your air, but uh.
Speaker 1: Oh, you can say whatever the fuck you want.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, good, thank you. It's really it's an excellent word. I use it for punctuation regularly.
Speaker 1: So but I since you mentioned this, I just have to ask, I mean they were they were filming this. I mean is that they had somewhere.
Speaker 2: They had photographers taking still photographs of this. Everything. The audio came out nothing but white noise. None of the photographs came out with any images on them at all. They were all black and the two very expensive state of the art cameras that had been set up on tripods in the basement. When missus Warren, well, all hell broke loose in the house and my father tried to rush to my mother's side, Ed Warren grabbed him by the arm. My father turned around and punched him right in the face, took him to the floor, using some extremely colorful language, banished everyone from the house. Lorraine Warren panicked the medium had collapsed and gone unconscious on the table. The priest was standing in the corner of the room shaking, literally quaking in fear, and Lorraine sent the photographers down to gather up their cameras from the cellar, and they came back up about one minute later, sobbing, because their cameras were in thousands of pieces all over the cellar, as if someone had folded up the tripod. And you know in the movie signs where the pastor says, swing away. It was like, that's what had happened to those cameras. There was nothing salvageable, and they ran out of the house. Everybody ran out of the house. They lifted the medium up off the table and kind of semi carried her out with missus Warren, and the priest ed Warren's face was, you know, his nose was bleeding all over the place. It was a nightmare. I mean it was in the truest sense of the word. It was awful. And they came back again just before Halloween in nineteen seventy four, and the reason that they did was because apparently they saw that my father's car was not there. I don't think they would have come to the house if they had seen that he was home. But they came to the door, and I am certain that it was out of curiosity to see if my mother had survived that ordeal, because she was unconscious when they left, and they didn't know if she had lived or died.
Speaker 1: And there was no communication with them after that, No.
Speaker 2: Nope, there wasn't. And so they showed up at the door and my mother opened the kitchen door, and you know, she said, what do you want? Did you bring my notebook back? Because she had asked repeatedly to have her notebook back, and Missus Warren said, no, just here to check on you. And my mother just closed the door, she said, we're done here. She just closed the door. So you understand what I'm saying, Ross when I say that the conjuring bears no actual resemblance to the real story, because there are elements of this story that, you know, don't necessarily reflect well on and Loraine Warren. And you know, I don't think that they I personally do not think that they did anything. You know, they Missus Warren even admitted that in public that they were in over their heads when they crossed the threshold of that farmhouse. They did not know what they were walking into there. And I think that they were to the extent that they were able trying to help us. I just I don't think that they understood what they were dealing with, and so in us, in certain respect, they made matters worse because her presence certainly activated you know, we had gone through a period prior to their arrival where things were relatively quiet, you know, not dormant, but certainly quieter, and from you know, the night that she showed up, it got very active. It was almost like her energy released something. And she said to my mother the first night, she said, well, you know, we knew about this back in September, but we didn't come until now because this is the time when the veil is thinnest. And my mother's like, what veil are you talking about? And she said, well, you know, the veil between you know, life in the afterlife. And my mother just looked at her and shook her head and she said, there's no veil here. You could have from any time day or night, any time of year and had the same experience. You know, there's there's no veil here. You know, one exists at all. There's you know, there's no scrim between this dimension in the next in this house.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I mean, when you think of the word conjuring, it almost sounds like that is when the conjuring happened, you know, it seems like there was a lot of activity and then you.
Speaker 2: More. Yeah, it's when I told them about when I told the screenwriters and they read my books, and but I had extensive conversations with them as they were crafting the screenplay, and when I told them about what actually happened at the seance, and then of course they said, well, you know, we can't really put that in there, because you know, this is about the Warrens, and it, you know, does not necessarily reflect well on them. Decisions. Big mistakes were made, you know, and I don't think that they were deliberate by any means, but they were mistakes, and one that almost cost my mother her life. And so naturally that material was not going to make it into the Conjuring, right, But it was me talking about the medium and my use of the phrase conjuring the spirits that actually they clipped and used as the name of the film.
Speaker 1: Mmmmm yeah, because I mean, in the defense of the Warrens, they you know, I think the word trailblazer gets used a lot to describe what they did, because they certainly got the word out and they certainly educated people.
Speaker 2: But when they're pioneers in the field, for.
Speaker 1: Sure, exactly, But when you're figuring this stuff out, it is you're gonna make mistakes. You know, you're gonna you gotta experiment a bit, and it's tough when you're talking about real people and real harmful situations. So it's just a bit more the activity between the time you guys moved in and the first visit of Eden Lorraine Warren. What was happening? Where do we start? Right?
Speaker 2: God, so much happened that Eden Lorraine Warren don't even show up in my books until volume two.
Speaker 1: Are we talking every day? Are we talking five times a day? What do you think? I mean, it's hard to say, I'm sure, but yeah, content it was.
Speaker 2: It was I would say, pretty chronic, pretty constant, you know, some low level stuff, some major manifestations occurred. It was well, you know, I wrote the books. The trilogy is written in an unusual and a rather challenging way. There were so many incidents for Oz that I mean, I begin the books in Cumberland before we even moved to the farm, so the people can understand the dynamics that were at play and can be introduced to my family as a perfectly normal family, and then watch every single thing fall into place that had to fall precisely into place the way that it did for us to be catapulted to the farm. It was almost like a convergence of events that had to happen exactly the way that they did in order for us to end up with that farmhouse, as though it was a cosmic conspiracy. But then from the point where we've moved to the farm, the books are broken up into ten chapters with a multitude of sub chapters, and it's written according to the type of haunting that occurred, because there were, you know, there were so many differfferent ways that they manifested that it really it requests that the reader suspend the notion of linear time. For instance, there could be one sub chapter about an event that happened to Cindy when she was ten, and the very next story could be something that happened to Cindy when she was sixteen. And you know, a pragmatic linear thinker that can't challenge that would say, oh my god, I just lost six years. Well, no, you didn't, ask yourself. Just pause and reflect for a moment, what is the point of correlation and integration between these two events, and you know, broad spectrum extrapolate out that this happened to this child over and over and over again over the course of ten years living in that house. And then the end of about halfway through volume three, as we're preparing to leave the farm, it all goes, you know, completely chronological on you again. But in the midst of it, it is a swirling mass of timelessness. And if you are able to suspend the notion of linear time and suspend disbelief, because there are stories in these books that are quite literally unbelievable, Like if I hadn't lived it, I can't tell you that I would believe it. So if you can do that and then know that at the end of the trilogy, it will be like a freaking ven diagram in your mind. In your mind's eye, you'll see the entire chronology of what transpires and how and when. A lot of my readers write to me, and they very frequently say the same thing over and over again. It's like I lived there with you, like I know every single member of your family intimately, well, like I experienced everything that you experience, like I'm part of your story and it ripped my heart out and handed it back to me healed. Now, how can that happen?
Speaker 1: Well, I definitely want people listening to this to go check out your books and where are the where's your preferred way for people to get your books?
Speaker 2: Oh, they're available on Amazon. That's the quickest and cheapest way to get them. I mean, you can download them on an e reader for I think twelve dollars for the whole series. You know, they're about five hundred pages a piece.
Speaker 1: So, oh my god. So when I think when we talk about like your family's relationship to this stuff, so your dad was skeptical for a while, right, and at what point did he come around?
Speaker 2: Well, he was actually having he didn't realize that, you know, he was. My father is a thick headed Frenchman, I mean really obtuse and difficult at times, truly, and he just was like King of denial. He actually it took him more than forty years to admit that he was terrified that he had moved his family into an environment that he had absolutely no control over at all. And before he finally admitted what was going on in the house, he had several experiences of his own the spirit that he thinks it was the spirit that was trying to get my mother out of the house and kept manifesting and you know, being very covetous of us. The children had had a thing for my father and she would, yeah, and she would touch him and stroke his back, and when he had to go down and fix something in the cellar, she was on him like white on rice. And he had several experiences with her before he ever divulged it to my mother. Number One, he didn't want to be wrong, and he had been so belligerent about you know, there's no ghosts in this house. You girls, you know have a bit imaginations. You know that's a dream, it's you know, I mean whatever. He dismissed it out of hand, which left us feeling very abandoned as children because we knew that mom was having some kind of issue and she obviously wasn't sharing it with her little kids, and we didn't have a father that we could go to with the experiences that we were having, because if he didn't believe Mom, he wasn't going to believe us. So the first couple of years were really tough, and you know, several things happened, major, major manifestations occurred in the house, and the last huge one that turned him where he couldn't deny it anymore. My mother had had an experience and he was laying right beside her, lying right there in bed, beside her in what she could only describe as a trance like state, like she was convinced that he was dead and she was next because she could not wake him. And the whole room filled with all the spirits of the house, and a number of them were pounding lighted torches on the floor. It was so loud she had to cover her ears, and they were, you know, just staring like blank vacant stairs, and even the children of the house were standing around the bottom of her bed, and one of the spirits emerged from the group and leaned over her and said, twas mistress, once afore ye came, and Mistress, here will be anon. We'll drive you out with fiery broom. We'll drive you mad with death and gloom. And the incantation went on and on well the next morning, and the clock stopped at five point fifteen am, which it always did whenever there was a major manifestation in the house. And the next morning my mother's hands were trembling. She was trying, you know, just frantically to draw everything that she saw in the room that night. It was horrific for her, and my father insisted that she see a psychiatrist, and she was, you know, absolutely opposed to it. She's like I'm not crazy, Roger, you know, I you know, don't even don't even intimate that I'm crazy. You know this, just because you don't believe in spirits doesn't mean they don't belong in you. And your belief in them isn't you know, their existence is in contingent upon your belief in them. I mean, you know, I mean they really went at it, but you know, she finally acquiesced. You know, he tried to explain as out of his concern for her and that he wanted to hypnotize her. And my father learned hypnotism when he was in the Navy, and he you know, he didn't use it much, but he knew how to do it. And he took her to a friend of his who happened to be a psychiatrist that he knew from the business world, and hypnotized her in his presence so that he would have a witness to what happened. And my mother, you know, my father will be the first one to tell you, you can't lie under hypnosis. You can't. And he brought her all the way back to you know, every experience that she had at the farm, including the one that had most recently happened, and she quoted lying for Lyne word for word the incantation that she had chanted at her, and his doubt was gone. He knew she was telling him the truth and that she was telling him. You know, she had told him everything that had happened in the house and had told him everything that had happened to us in the house, and so there was an emotional disconnect, kind of a cognitive dissonance that happened for the first couple of years in the family, and frankly, we didn't have the same level of trust in our father to have our backs because we felt a decided sense of abandonment around this issue, like we were on our own, you know, the six girls mother and her five daughters were on our own. He wasn't going to do anything, or not that he really could. But he told me when I was writing the books, and cried when he told me. He said, Annie, I was scared. I was scared. I didn't know how to handle it, and the best way to not handle it was to deny it.
Speaker 1: So, you know, what kind of toll is this taking on you and your sisters going to school and you know, just being kids. You know, was it really did it become just a normal thing or did it? You know, I know your sister said she was always in fear, But how was that for you guys?
Speaker 2: Well, we all dealt with it differently, Roz, every one of us dealt with it differently. I became like the surrogate parent. I was like, you know, parent number three, because I had to step in. My mother was wasting away. She was living on coffee and cigarettes. She was constantly agitated, in a state of heightened anxiety, always watchful, looking over her shoulder. She didn't know what was coming next. She didn't know what was going to happen to her kids. You know, there were literally life threatening events that happened in that house, and she tried everything she could to get us out of the sale. She you know, contacted our family attorney and had him research, you know, if there were any other cases of hauntings that were so extreme that, you know, purchase and sales agreement could be null and voided for it, and there weren't. There were only two cases in Rhode Island in the history of the court, and both of them were laughed out of the court. You know, the last time that anybody even tried it. The judge said, you know, I'm sorry, but if I can't see it, I'm not ruling on it, you know. And so we just didn't really have a choice. And then also it was it was like it was like what conspired to get us there likewise conspired to keep us there. The economy was tanking, housing prices were plummeting, the cartel was founded in the Middle East, and oil prices went through the roof. You could only buy gasoline every other day, depending on if you had an odd even number on your license plate. It was a ridiculously difficult time to live through the early seventies. It was rough, you know, Plus all of this other you know stuff is happening in the house, and you know, the house had a bit of a reputation, so naturally when people discovered that we had moved into it, they wanted to know is anything happening? Is anything happening? Plus, you know, we were raised to be honest children, and when we made friends, we started sharing things with them, and then the rumors started and that virgeoned into something. It got so out of hand that I was called into the principal's office one day. I think I was in the tenth grade in the college Accelerated program, and I was, you know, I was a goodie two shoes, pretty much straight a student. And I got called to the principal's office and threatened with expulsion by the principal, who said, if I get one more phone call from one more parent whose kid came home and started talking about your ghosts, you shut your mouth and stop lying, or you are out of here and I'll make sure you don't ever get into another school. I mean, he was absolutely horrible to me. I mean like physically abused me that day, pushed me up against a wall both of his hands planted in both of my shoulders and pushed me up against a wall and said, you shut your mouth. And that was the last of it. I was, you know, destined for college. I had big plans. I was going to be a professor. I was going to you know, I already knew what I wanted to do with my life, and and talking about what was happening at our house threatened all of that. So I shut up, and I told my sisters to do the same thing.
Speaker 1: And your family was there until eighty one, Is that right?
Speaker 2: No? We left in June of nineteen eighty.
Speaker 1: Eighty and so so you move out and you go on. I mean, did you at what point were you more comfortable talking about all of.
Speaker 2: This twenty oh eight. Really, I never mentioned anything about it for ever to anybody. Even my best friend from college didn't know that I was still living in a haunted house when I was off at college. I mean, I just didn't talk about it at all because people are judgmental, and you know, if you think it's a taboo subject, now, you know, go back fifty years. I mean, it was January of nineteen seventy one that we moved into that house. That was fifty years ago, and it was fifty years in January, and you know, it was not something that was discussed in polite company. You know, it doesn't surprise me that mister Kenyon didn't want to discuss it with my parents, even though we feel certain that there was a reason he left the lights on every single night lived there with his wife for many years. They raised a son there, and I feel certain that things happened in that house, and that the reason that the lights were on was either to hold them at bay or to at least see what was coming at you.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, So when did the movie? You know, the talks of the movie start happening. I mean you, so you write the books. Did they approach you because of your books or no? It was because of the warrant They were going to make stories.
Speaker 2: About the war. Warrens wanted permission to tell our story. And I had already started writing the books, but the first one wasn't even published yet. So, you know, I have a lot of budding, hopeful screenwriters that contact me all the time. Can you put me in touch with a movie company. I'm like, you know, I'm sorry, but Warner Brothers came to me. It wasn't the other way around. I didn't go seeking any attention for this. I was just starting the books when I got a call from a movie producer that had actually called the woman who owned the house at the time, and she called me and said, there's a movie producer that wants to talk to you about, you know, telling your story, and can I give him your number. She has since lied through her teeth about that, but that's exactly what happened, and so I said yeah, and I spoke to him, and it turned out to be one of the executive producers of the Conjuring And that was in twenty oh seven. That was in September or October of twenty oh seven, and I started writing the books in August of that year.
Speaker 1: Now, did those people that moved in after you guys, did they have stories like this as well?
Speaker 2: Not that they're willing to speak of publicly.
Speaker 1: M interesting, Yeah, but now, what was it about that time of you writing the book that you're like, Okay, it's time.
Speaker 2: I don't know, I really don't. I mean, I had a you know, I had a pretty good gig going. I was a clinical I worked in a clinical capacity as a counselor at a private school. I was a member of the theater company of Rhode Island. You know, I did stage plays at night, worked all day and went up to the theater and rehearsed all night.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, she's a theater queen.
Speaker 2: I am a theater total theater geek. I am. It's ridiculous, same, you know, I mean, really, honestly, Oh God, could we talk?
Speaker 1: Why did they put you in the movie? Now, I'm mad?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, no. I didn't want any no. I I guess I knew that it wouldn't be an accurate reflection of my family or our story. And I just know I was a consultant on the film.
Speaker 1: Yeah, how much were you involved?
Speaker 2: I told them a whole bunch of stuff. They used what they wanted, and I went out to the set once with my family, minus my mother, who backed out on the trip at the very last minute. And interestingly, you know, everybody that was involved with that film was out on the set except my mother and Lily Taylor, the two matriarchs. Lily did not come out to the set that day. She did not want to meet my family before the film was over.
Speaker 1: Well, it's so interesting because, like it is based on a true story, which anytime I see based on true story, I always say, well, so my wigs are based on a true story.
Speaker 2: Okay, right, you know, is it a grain of salt or is it a pound of salt?
Speaker 1: You know, I don't know exactly. So, I mean you you were and you before the movie came out, you were ready, you know, did you guys have conversations with each other and go, you know, this is it's not going to be exactly you know, it's it's it's we're very we're inspiring this because its also weird because they use your real names and stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they had permission to do that. And basically, you know, we were told by one of their attorneys, we're making this movie. Whether or not your names are attached. We'll just tell the story and change the names if you don't, you know, want any part of this. So you know, I already had two of the three books out. You know, what the hell was I supposed to do? You know, I just I told them, Yeah, I said, but I want I want input, you know, I want input. And so I co ordinated with producers and executive producers, and you know, they listened to me and then they did precisely what they wanted to do. And but you know, and like I said before, I don't mean to criticize, because they they did something that was impossible, you know, to compress a story that big into one hour and fifty two minutes is you know, of an impossible feat And frankly, I wouldn't be one of the very best authors, you know, best sellers in paranormal had it not been for the conjuring. You know, nobody would know our story. My books would be languaging and obscurity like so many other millions of books do because you know, no feature film was ever made from the premise, you know, so I'm very grateful to the conjuring. But there were a cosmic kiss there, you know, the the universe told me this is okay. And for a number of reasons, rus there were several things. So the first time I saw that film, and you know, the New Line Cinema, Warner Brothers crew brought me out to California three months before it premiered, and I brought my sister Cindy with me, and Lorraine Warren was there with her son in law. So the four of us are sitting in the big VACUUMUS theater on the Warner Brothers lot watching this film for the first time. And there's a scene where the camera pans around into what was my bedroom and there's a folk art drawing of a white cat that's propped up on the mantleboard, and I'm staring at that picture right now. They had no idea. I don't know if it's paint by number or if it was just something popular in the seventies that they found, you know, in their props department. But why, out of everything that they could have chosen. Did they choose this picture that's hanging here in my office that was given to me when I was thirteen years old and we lived at the farm, and I've had it all these years. I've had it for forty nine years. Wow, And there it is with a wooden peace sign hanging next to it that I also had. Now, you know, I didn't know the set designer. I didn't know. You know, I never told anybody. They never saw any interior shots to my knowledge of the farmhouse. And yet they chose, out of more than twenty five thousand wallpaper patterns, they chose the exact one that we had in the farm.
Speaker 1: That's bad easy.
Speaker 2: You know that Cindy goes, you know, little Mackenzie goes running through the house holding a pair a set of wind shines that were identical to the ones that we had hanging on our front porch. You know, what the hell is that?
Speaker 1: How you really didn't see any pictures? Because when I was watching you guys on Kindred Spirits going back to that house, I mean again, I've seen them. I love the Condrag movies. I've seen that when at least five times in my life, and so I kind of have an idea of what it looks like in the movie, and I feel like it kind of like looks like the real one, right, I mean, I'm sure for you living in it, you can figure out all the time it doesn't look.
Speaker 2: Like it at all, not even because we were in that house and it bears no resemblance to it whatsoever.
Speaker 1: Well, I saw pictures it used to be white, right when you look, it used.
Speaker 2: To be white, mm hmm. And yeah, no, the house that they used in they had to go up into the trees and pull out all the Spanish moss because of course Rhode Island doesn't have Spanish moss, and it had a river running behind it, and we had a river running behind our house, so you know, they shot for some element of authenticity. It's had the same kind of spooky feelings as our house did, but it really didn't in any way look like it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, I just felt like kind the essence or like maybe the basement or I don't know. I just kind of got a vibe where I was like, this kind of seems like it, but yeah, it.
Speaker 2: Does, it really does. But no, they never they asked me for two photographs. They asked for a photograph of our entire family together, and we didn't have one because we were the ones taking the pictures. So the Easter before we moved to the farm in nineteen seventy, we had picture of the five of us, my sisters that either my mother and my father took, and then I took a picture of my mother and my father and they kind of spliced it together and made the Paring family. So because they wanted to have, you know, an original picture of our family is close to when we moved to the farm as possible, and that's you know, the photographs that I sent them, the original photographs, and then when they were done with them, they sent them back to me. So that was a leap of faith sending the only copies of those photographs out to California, and I was very grateful to get them back in exactly the same shape that they left's.
Speaker 1: So, what is it like when you go back there.
Speaker 2: To the farm? Yeah, oh, I love it. It's the only place that has ever felt like home to me my whole life life. Every place else feels temporary. It's the only sense of permanence that I've ever had on this planet.
Speaker 1: And how often do you go back.
Speaker 2: As often as I can. But there was a real breakdown between the previous owner and myself when the film came out, and you know, she basically denied, you know, after years and years and years of dragging one paranormal investigative team after another through that farmhouse, when the movie came out, she went on national TV and said, go away, no ghosts here. The parent family made it all up, which was, you know, a bold faced lie and she knew it. And she just wanted people to stop trespassing on her property. And I get that, but you don't need to make you know, my family the scapegoat. I mean, you know, she was on ghost Hunters okay back in the like, you know, decades before when that show first premiered. I didn't call them and send them to her. She did, you know, So I mean I could. I could go on for an hour about that, and it's negative and I don't want to. You know, she doesn't live there anymore. The new owners have been very gracious to me, have given me complete total access to the house. I've been there probably five or six times since they bought it.
Speaker 1: Well, they certainly you know, support you, you and your family's claims. I mean, I happen to know that their daughter is really big on TikTok for the kids, and she talks a lot about how haunted the house is and they open it up to people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's awesome.
Speaker 1: Both of the kids are because they are paranormal investigators, so they get it, and and it's cool that they give people an opportunity to stay there.
Speaker 2: And yeah, yeah, they've really opened it up to the world. And you know, that's kind of a double edged sword because you know, they've copped a lot of criticism for doing it, especially from the previous owner. But to me, if it's done responsibly and if it's done respectfully, then I think it's fine because it gives people an opportunity to feel the energy of that place, to experience that place in a way that they couldn't, you know, in any other capacity. And also, you know, not for nothing, but every time somebody catches one more piece of undeniable evidence, it just serves to validate and vindicate our story. Not that I care, because I know what we experienced. I know there's something beyond our mortal existence.
Speaker 1: I just look at that time, and you've been so generous I feel like we should probably wrap it up, but.
Speaker 2: I would just like to wrap you in my arms and give you a squeeze.
Speaker 1: I hope you and I become friends, and I hope that when you.
Speaker 2: I thought that already happened.
Speaker 1: Of course, of course, no, yeah, don't.
Speaker 2: Pass tense me. Yeah, future tense me. You know.
Speaker 1: Well, when you're out here, I would love to take you to lunch or something if you have the time.
Speaker 2: But wonderful, you know.
Speaker 1: I want to say that a big part of doing this podcast and having fun with it and talking to people of all walks of life that have had these experiences. I really like to advocate for people that have that have had these experiences and the trauma that comes with them, and especially you know, people telling them that they're liars or you know, just anything that they're crazy, that they're making it up, whatever like that really is they can really do a number of people, and of course also the activity that people can experience, and so I think it's so powerful to have people speak up about it. You know, it's, of course, it's up to people whatever they want to do with their stories. But I really appreciate the fact that you are so vocal and so open to sharing about this stuff.
Speaker 2: I couldn't written the books if I cared anymore what people thought, because I knew that I would be opening myself and my family up to all kinds of you know, criticism and scrutiny. I don't care. You know, I'm not here to convince anyone of anything. I'm not. It was time to tell this story. It was time to put it out into the world. There are millions and millions of people that have been touched by spirit in this world. And you know, the three most powerful words in this language or any other, are I love you. But the second most powerful are I believe you. And writing this story, writing this trilogy of books. And you know, my endless readers that find me, that seek me out at different events around the country, they they weep in my arms. I mean, they'll literally come and give me a hug and start crying and thank me for having the courage to tell our story because it has liberated them to tell their own, you know, And that's powerful stuff. And I don't care who says what. I don't read, you know, I don't read the comments on YouTube. I don't read you know, I don't I don't care. You know, ninety nine percent of these people I've never met, I don't know. They don't know my family. You know, everybody's got an opinion. I don't care. If I did, I wouldn't have been able to do what I did around this, you know. And and those that say, oh, you did it for fame and fortune, Yeah, it took me a decade to become an overnight sensation. First and foremost, No, I'm not rich, you jerk. And you know, on top of that, I don't see why if I did this work, I shouldn't be compensated for it and be allowed to sell my books in the world. You know, what's what's wrong with that? Why does that make me different than any other author? You know, it's just wilful ignorance on the part of some people. They got too much time on their hands. And I don't. I don't give a damn. I you know, I'm like Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn. But you know I will tell you this. You know. The upside to this is that I have met so many extraordinary people, raz yourself included, that I never ever would have known had I not been brave enough to sit down and tell our story. And for those who say that my family is lying, let me tell you, this is probably the most well documented haunting, not only in American history, but probably in world history. There are mentions of this story going back more than forty years in books that have been written starting in the nineteen eighties that we didn't even know about. You know, Rosemary Ellen Guiy wrote about our story in the Encyclopedia of Ghosts and Spirits, and I didn't even know about that until twenty ten. You know, this is an extremely well documented story, and I found that where it had been documented there were inaccuracies, and I thought that it deserved to be told truthfully, authentically, honestly and organically, and so that's what I did. And for anybody that thinks that I tend myself to a computer for seven years of my life to the exclusion of all else in the prime of my life to concoct one big, fat, elaborate lie is delusional. So I give no credence to their commentary.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm inspired. Can you tell people you know where to find you? Because I know you have a show as well. Yeah, I'm going to be on it at some point soon.
Speaker 2: Oh, you are going to be on it. I already booked you. Yes, It's called The World Awakening and it's on my Andrea Perrin YouTube channel. I started it again. I used to do it several years ago with George Lopez, the sit down comedian, and it was just a blog talk audio, but now it's video. I'm on streamyard. My producer is Tony Rathman, and I bring on a very wide variety of people in the field, a real eclectic mix of people. It's just it's delightful, it's de lovely, it's delirious. And they can find me just all they have to do is google my name. Just google me. I know that sounds dirty, but it's really not. And I'm everywhere omnipresent like spirits. I have five Facebook pages. You can find me at Andrea parn Facebook. My fan page is called the Buttercup Brigade, where the good deed doers that wear rose colored glasses. It's a really cushy, nice, soft, fluffy space to land in cyberspace. And I have a website which is really stale and old, and I'll tell you when I update it, but it's House of Darkness, House offlight dot Com and I have book pages for my books In a Flicker that I wrote with George, which is very dark and if you're into Jack the Ripper, it'll blow your mind. It's his story. I just you know, put it in print for him. But he I could never have come up with it, Roz, it's so brilliant. Oh my god, he's so brilliant. But it's called In a Flicker and it's about time travel and Jack the Ripper and it's really fabulous. And so I have an Inflicker page. I have a House of Darkness, House of Light book page, book and author page on Facebook, and I have a page for my new book which I'm re releasing, called A Wonder to Behold, and you can only buy it privately from me for the first edition, but I'm coming out with the extended edition with extra photographs and extra material and hardbound this year. And it's all about extraterrestrials. And so the next time I'm on your show, we'll talk about what my mother refers to as my little friends.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, yes, because we haven't even gotten to We didn't even touch it. It was so much because yeah, like in Amy Brunie's book, she talks about you conjuring UFOs in front of her. I mean, there's just so much and I would so appreciate if you ever wanted to come back. I would love to talk to you. I mean, you certainly keep busy, and you also do all the conventions and stuff.
Speaker 2: Oh I do, yeah, you know, until COVID. But you know, I'm heading back out on the road. I'm fully vaccinated. I'm ready to go. You know, our cases are dropping nationwide and it's been a very introspective, reflective year for me to spend at home doing a lot of writing and you know, getting on the internet and going all over the world on Zoom, you know. I mean, we've humans find a way and thank god we had the internet and it didn't crash, you know, when the whole world shut down because of this virus. But yeah, it's been it's actually been good for me in that respect because I am very much a homebody and you know, but when I get back out in the world, I take people out by the hundreds and thousands out into you know, areas that are open where the sky is completely open, and I sing that's you know, I just sing to them, and they come in numbers that you could not even wrap your mind around. And I'm not just the old ghost lady. I'm the ET lady too.
Speaker 1: What's your favorite song to sing for the UFOs.
Speaker 2: The nearness of you?
Speaker 1: Well, you should hear the theme song to this show. They might like it. It's me. I recorded it myself.
Speaker 2: Oh, excellent, excellent. I'll put it in my ET playlist.
Speaker 1: And I hope that I would. It would be so great to see you doing some theater.
Speaker 2: Yeah. No, no, no, you're done that. No, I'm all done, not unless my asses in the audience. Oh my god, you know no. I did it for twenty almost twenty five years that I was a stage actor and you know, really into musicals, although I love doing straight plays as well. No, I'm done playing other people now. I'm just me.
Speaker 1: I love that. Oh. I love Andrea Baron. So happy we met and hopefully she'll be back because there's so much more to talk about. And again, thank you to Patrick Keller for connecting us. And go to patroon dot com slash ros dresfales for a little bit more and for you know, all months and months of content videos, bonus clips, all that stuff. It helps me out a lot. And yeah, please read the show five stars on Apple Podcasts. And you have a ghost story, you could leave it there in a five star review. Maybe I'll read it on the show. You could also send me a ghost story on the Facebook group. Ghosted by Roz dres Fales. I want your listener stories for Listener Episode extravaganzas, So email those two ghosted by Roz at gmail dot com with the subject line listener episode and please spread the word about the show. Tell your friends, tell your family, Tell that that weird person you know that is in your life that would appreciate the weirdness that happens here. I love you all, both living and dead. But if I didn't ask you to haunt me, don't haunt me. Came back
Speaker 2: A podcast a podcast network