Speaker 1: It's a Christmas sleigh fa la la la la fa la la la la la la.
Speaker 2: Merry Christmas, Happy holidays, my love. Yep, you can't get rid of us even on Christmas.
Speaker 3: You're welcome, best present ever for them?
Speaker 2: Are you looking at the monitor?
Speaker 4: Look at her dead stare staring at the monitors waiting for her.
Speaker 5: Well, she's right here.
Speaker 2: I'm right here in the flesh.
Speaker 5: Lease, that's why. And you're allowed to be like loose and move your chair.
Speaker 2: She's on camera last week.
Speaker 1: Last week, you guys, she made an impromptu guest appearance on the pod. She was on the couch watching ocean, and she was sitting there luxurious and could not have been more unfazed by being I love when you're chillen, But the camera freaks her out, by the way.
Speaker 2: You guys look a little tired this morning. How are we feeling?
Speaker 5: You feel like shit?
Speaker 3: Why?
Speaker 5: I don't know? My eyes are discharging themselves.
Speaker 6: E I'm going, I said, bros.
Speaker 5: I feel like I'm still not awake with these eyeballs. I feel awake, but my eyes don't.
Speaker 1: What's the morning routine? Because you know, I just feel like there needs.
Speaker 5: To be one kind of you would you like to go first with you? I don't know yours.
Speaker 4: It's walking out of your bedroom at eight point thirty to come greet us in the kitchen.
Speaker 2: Can I just show you coffee? Yeah?
Speaker 1: But can I show you you guys will see this on YouTube. But this is how my mother wakes up in the morning.
Speaker 2: Okay, do you.
Speaker 5: Want to do the walk? Jack skelling in the morning morning?
Speaker 2: I'm like, who is this? T rex.
Speaker 5: Lee?
Speaker 3: I don't want to contact in it.
Speaker 2: It's more about not being able.
Speaker 4: Well, then, why isn't that part of your morning routine? Stretching stretching out it you do do?
Speaker 5: She'l let's we'll give her grace on this one.
Speaker 4: Let me tell you what, wretch, Get out of bed, go into the bathroom, put your contacts in, and then come out.
Speaker 3: Too much activity. Got to get my coffee in me first.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you something. This is how you do a morning routine. Okay.
Speaker 1: If you have to leave the house like today, you're gonna be on camera. Right, This is gonna be on YouTube and you're gonna have to live with the fact that you guys look like shit.
Speaker 2: I'm just kidding.
Speaker 5: That's every week for Merry Christmas.
Speaker 1: You wake up in the morning, you you put a little bit of cold water on the eyes, get like this stuff out right, then you go directly into your drawer and use eye drops.
Speaker 2: Now, I'm a fan of rotos, and.
Speaker 1: I became obsessed with rotos when my very sexy Samoan stoner boyfriend used to if you see.
Speaker 5: Rotos, they're stoners.
Speaker 4: I don't know what persons that uses rotos that isn't high me.
Speaker 1: Well that I love or.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 2: Rotos is where it's at. And they have so many different kinds.
Speaker 5: Right yeah, and they all burn like hell.
Speaker 2: It feels amazing.
Speaker 1: Then you put a nice oil on the face, let it chill while you brush your teeth, and then ever so gently with a cotton pad, wipe it off and then you look excellent like I do.
Speaker 5: Do you want to know what it is? We need bigger bathrooms?
Speaker 3: Yep?
Speaker 2: Oh well, let me get on that. Let me let me call.
Speaker 5: The We're moving to St. George. Did she not tell you?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 4: Well, that's resolution in twenty twenty five to live in Saint George, Utah for a year.
Speaker 1: I love how everyone's like my My manifestation is a boarding mission on Lauren.
Speaker 2: No, you guys. You guys like coming.
Speaker 5: I really am going to get better at a morning routine. I need to. I'm getting to the age of I need to take care of my skin.
Speaker 1: I forgot to say that you also have to put on like a really fabulous I cream.
Speaker 2: I draw.
Speaker 1: I'm drawn towards anything that has snail musine in it.
Speaker 2: Look at my mom, She's like, I'm not doing.
Speaker 6: Like I like getting up in the morning. I like greeting the kids, getting my cup of coffee. I have my routine, and I like my.
Speaker 4: But you put like like trout come on your face.
Speaker 1: Right, trout come salm, Salmon's sperm, salmon com When you say it like that, it makes me not want to put it on any longer.
Speaker 5: You know how I felt when you were sliding out across your face.
Speaker 2: I was like, there's just no way it really works.
Speaker 3: Inducts.
Speaker 2: I'm a product before, and.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you for Christmas beautiful, you are a way to anyone's heart.
Speaker 2: I believe is through products.
Speaker 1: Like I feel when you're sitting there racking your brain on what to get somebody, go directly to a product, Go to cozy, go to an anti aging serum. I love anything that I can like put on that smells yummy, prevents wrinkles, or makes me feel like I'm sleeping in a snuggie.
Speaker 4: Because I also need a nighttime routine because I do not have one.
Speaker 5: Do you?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I do? Okay, that I do. That's why you look so magnificent. Good morning.
Speaker 3: And I like my vesseline around my eyes.
Speaker 2: Well that's the game game changer.
Speaker 3: Wrinkles.
Speaker 5: What wrinkles?
Speaker 2: Your face looks great.
Speaker 1: So we were thinking about because it is Christmas Day, all of all things Christmas, right, I'm like, let's talk about Christmas feuds. I then immediately go to we never got the Christmas photo. So we were in Hawaii and I made everyone pack these Christmas pajamas. And keep in mind, we learned from last year that we had overpacked, so I packed.
Speaker 2: In a backpack. I packed so well. I couldn't have done it any better.
Speaker 3: You really, you really did. I will agree with that. Because we had a washer and dryer.
Speaker 5: Yes, so thanks to you. Thank you for the laundry.
Speaker 1: Yes, of course, yes, Easton and I were like, how do you open the fucking dryer in this place? I'm like, this is why I let Lisa do it the whole time. There's we were opening it the wrong way, but there.
Speaker 5: Was not on that side.
Speaker 1: So I'm not a homemaker. No, you don't be rude. Protected I've always said, like, I'm not a housewife, Like if you're looking for someone to cook, clean and tickle your back at night, like I ain't the one, right, But I know that Tesla just came out with a robot who I'm sure will do all of those things for you, and at some point, I'm sure they'll figure out a way to have this thing blow you as well. All right, buy one of those save your pennies. So I packed these pjs and we have this phenomenal uh. We go with Joe Schmelzer and he is a fantastic photographer and I'm like, oh my god, he's gonna I'm gonna have him take the photo he offered. And every single day we're like, we're here for two weeks, we'll get it done.
Speaker 2: We're here for two weeks. Literally the last week, I.
Speaker 3: Kept saying we'll do it tomorrow. That was our motto.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we always say we'll do it tomorrow.
Speaker 1: And then Easton comes in with shaming me because I wanted the Christmas PJS on the beach family photo.
Speaker 2: And what did you say to me? Easton?
Speaker 5: I said, what are you a Mormon housewife?
Speaker 2: I was so offended.
Speaker 5: But you're not a housewife. We've just discovered. So why did you want the photo?
Speaker 1: Because I thought it would be I just thought it would be cute to have with all of us.
Speaker 2: I have zero family photo.
Speaker 4: I agree, but the only thing that I was picturing was us on a beach in flannel outfits.
Speaker 5: It was very well and then that's all.
Speaker 4: I walked into to every friend's home in Utah was just like the family.
Speaker 1: Photo with like twelve hundred kids, not just one family fother, no, one hundred of them, like every wall decorated.
Speaker 5: With Yeah, I love my family. I'm with you every day. Don't need pictures of it.
Speaker 6: I like a frame picture on a like on a table here or there, But I don't like framed art like a family photo everywhere, sorry.
Speaker 2: Or anywhere you walk into my house, You guys, there is not one you would take sure of anybody except for the deceased.
Speaker 5: As well as the decease.
Speaker 3: And I've got even your do yours got her picture?
Speaker 2: That's what I mean, the only.
Speaker 1: And the tiniest little pictures, and it's not a full body or with anybody, it's just their faces.
Speaker 2: Just people died.
Speaker 5: And she goes Poppy and she kisses.
Speaker 1: She also said to me the other day that Poppy sent I said this to her and she hung on to it, but she said, Poppy sent me to you. I know it's very cute, but I agree easton the moment you said.
Speaker 2: That, I was.
Speaker 1: Joe walks over, He's like, are you ready for the family photo? I was like, so, we're not doing it, because it is every time I walked into a friend's house it was the parents, the children, the grandchildren where there's like twenty seven of them an.
Speaker 4: All yeah, and the color coordination like all white shirts with tan pants or shit like that.
Speaker 5: And I was like, and now we're doing flannel.
Speaker 2: Or the Christmas pajamas.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we'll take one for ourselves. In Palm Springs.
Speaker 1: Wow, in the pool, Nick got a family photo of us that's very cute. At the dinner that we had at Joe's the restaurant, and so So was gravitating towards looking directly at the ground.
Speaker 2: So I tried to prop her so that you could see her face.
Speaker 1: And it just looks like I don't know how to hold a baby.
Speaker 3: Did we all look like you're in the headlights of it?
Speaker 2: No, we all look great.
Speaker 1: I just know what people will say if I were to ever post it.
Speaker 2: They'd be like, look at her, she has like no maternal instinct. She can't even hold her own baby. Because it does I look so awkward.
Speaker 4: I'm like, they're like, how did Ocean get to the age she's at with you holding your other one like that?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Pretty much.
Speaker 2: So I'm like, oh, this will just be for us.
Speaker 1: Isn't that sad that when we take photos, I'm like, I can't post it, and I'm like, here's an idea.
Speaker 2: How about it's just for you. Yeah, there's a thought or let.
Speaker 5: The people say whatever they want and.
Speaker 2: Then well, now we can post it. We'll post it on the video.
Speaker 1: I'll post it with this video on the podcast page and people can see that it is an awkward photo of how I'm holding Sosa, but it's a great picture.
Speaker 6: I can't believe you don't want to use the Luau picture for the holiday.
Speaker 5: I look great, you guys.
Speaker 2: Ocean enjoyed it.
Speaker 5: I know she did.
Speaker 2: Ocean thoroughly enjoyed it.
Speaker 1: We go to Disneyland for Christmas to see all things Trees, Mickey Mouse, Santa claus Is, and it was the most fantastic time that I think I've had at Disneyland in so long because the lines were like nothing.
Speaker 3: No one was there, Nobody was there.
Speaker 4: I had a good feeling when we were going. And then even when we had that issue with the tickets, there was no way that I was not going. No, I would have forked over money to get you.
Speaker 5: Oh, we were buying tickets, but I knew, like I had a good feeling, and it was a fucking great day. It was.
Speaker 1: And what's crazy is I was truly in the Christmas spirit when I got there, and you know, the universe kept throwing wrenches in the day and I would sit there and I'm I'm like, if people don't fall in line today, I'm about to a month fuck up because my kid is going to Disneyland to see Santa Mickey Mouse's and I'm not playing today. And everyone like I would get to the window to like straighten something out, ready to just go fucking toes. I go toes with Sylvia at the windows who's like pushing eighty.
Speaker 2: And she was like, how can I help you?
Speaker 1: And I tell her my problem and I'm ready to just mess everything up, and she's like, you could absolutely get into the park today. This is no big deal, hunt and I'm.
Speaker 5: Like, wow, people are nice.
Speaker 2: This is really great. So we dodge one thing.
Speaker 1: Keep in mind, I got Ocean a pass and Disneyland does this thing now where not only do you get the pass, but then you have to make the reservation and depending on the pass, you may have twenty seven thousand blackout dates and you can't see the blackout dates before you purchase. So I get a text from Erica, she and his mom, and she's like, hey, just so you know, passes are now available, because it only comes around like once a year. Maybe, she's like, this is the one we got summer. I get it for Ocean. I'm like, hell, yeah, let's go on this day. I go to make the reservation. Oceans is blacked out that day, so it doesn't even occur to me, like just buy her a ticket for that day. Instead, I'm like, we're gonna pretend like she's two, yeah.
Speaker 5: Two, we snuck a child.
Speaker 3: Well about it, because.
Speaker 6: We've spent money on a pass we did every day was blacked out every day in December, so sorry, dead, it was dead.
Speaker 1: So Ocean has this Grinch blanket, and when we first go in, this woman's like how old is she? And I go, she'll be three, and she's like, okay, I'm telling you it's the bangs. The bangs make her look older and the fact that she's getting taller and can fully talk. All of those things definitely scream that she's almost four.
Speaker 2: But it's okay. So we get in. Then we decide let's.
Speaker 1: Go over to Disneyland because we did California Adventure. And Easton looks at me and he's like, we have to do.
Speaker 2: The thing again. I'm like, what thing.
Speaker 1: He's like, we have to get our tickets scanned again. I immediately panic. So I'm like covering Ocean with this grinch blanket.
Speaker 5: Trying to tell her she's too.
Speaker 3: Teaching her, I said, hold up the yes goes.
Speaker 5: If they ask you how old you are, just hold up the peace sign.
Speaker 1: So people are gonna be like, great, Laa'm teaching her to light no, no, no, we bought the past, teaching her that Disneyland shouldn't black out so many dates on your pass.
Speaker 2: So I'm strolling her in.
Speaker 1: She's got the crnch blanket on, and she and the woman she's exhausted, thank god. So she's like ready to go to bed, and the woman asks me what's under there?
Speaker 4: But the blanket was going over the little handrail, so it did look a little bumpy.
Speaker 1: So so I go, oh, it's my my child, and I show her and she goes, no, no, no, under there, And I think she's pointing to like the carrier that you shove your shit in on the very bottom of the back was and I go she, I'm like, there's nothing, just bagpies and she are you hiding someone under the blanket.
Speaker 2: I'm like, no, no, no, we're not trying to sneak another kid, and just the one you see.
Speaker 3: We're just thinking it's not She took it for herself to move the blanket. See for herself.
Speaker 1: If she made it much more difficult, no, she made it much better.
Speaker 4: That she thought we were sneaking in a kid that we weren't to get the one that we were in. She totally forgot about the one we were sneaking in.
Speaker 3: Should we feel guilty, No, we bought.
Speaker 5: A damn ticket.
Speaker 1: Don't blackout so many days and a thousand dollars on Ocean's pass.
Speaker 2: Mom, No, I don't feel guilty.
Speaker 6: Okay, Well, you know what I wish we would have done is looked at our passes and gotten her the same pass.
Speaker 2: Well, that would be too on the ball.
Speaker 6: It's annoying to me that you spend money on a pass and every day's blacked out. But yet if you go up to the ticket window you can get a pass that day.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, they always have another way to get in, but it's there, it'll cost you.
Speaker 2: So this is what I loved about this round of Disney.
Speaker 1: We were Easton and I were able to ride like all the grown women rides.
Speaker 2: Right, so we get on too.
Speaker 1: It needs to be Tower of Terror and it's now Guardians of the Galaxy. And what also happened on that same ride is we're sitting there with this woman and this man in front of us.
Speaker 5: No no, no, no, no, that was Guardians.
Speaker 2: Oh I'm getting the two confused. Yes, on Guardians.
Speaker 1: This guy is talking to his friend and his girlfriend is there, but she leaves to.
Speaker 2: Go get snacks.
Speaker 4: Why they wait, It's that he was talking to his girlfriend's friend friend.
Speaker 1: Okay, and we're right behind them, you guys. She leaves the girlfriend and he pulls up a photo and starts talking about how he's gonna propose to her at Disneyland. No no, no, no no no like coming out like I think in the like on Christmas?
Speaker 2: Is what it sounded like.
Speaker 3: Can I say something always?
Speaker 6: I don't like when people propose on a holiday, like, Oh, that's.
Speaker 5: Because that takes away an anniversary day from.
Speaker 6: Well, it takes away at present, a present, like here's your Christmas present?
Speaker 5: This is.
Speaker 2: This is how Lisa looks at it.
Speaker 1: Lisa looks at it as oh, you took the cheap way out, whereas I look at it as I'm giving you the best gift.
Speaker 6: No, it's not the cheap way out. It's like I want double gifts. I want engagement and I want Christmas.
Speaker 2: You want it to be two separate days.
Speaker 3: Okay, God, rest not on your birthday.
Speaker 6: I don't want to get engaged on my birthday because I want a birthday present, and then I want an engagement ring and present.
Speaker 2: Oh, a ring and a present.
Speaker 3: I got an engagement present for your dad?
Speaker 2: What was it?
Speaker 1: A horse that's ballers. Where is Tucson now?
Speaker 6: Tucson went to Montana and this was how many years ago? So Tucson is no longer with it?
Speaker 2: Damn all right, that's a great gift. You're spoiled, but I mean the most peace.
Speaker 1: I can't be like, I'm gonna buy my future fiance a ring and then also spend money on a horse, which is thousands of dollars.
Speaker 5: How often did you ride the horse a lot.
Speaker 2: Back in the day? I remembering, Utaw, you would ride it a lot.
Speaker 3: And I'm getting another horse. But that's it.
Speaker 5: We heard that last year. We'll see.
Speaker 1: But how wild that when the woman returns Easton and I could have just fucked shit.
Speaker 2: Up in that line?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah she returned, No me, No, but it was.
Speaker 7: But I do have thoughts like you were just sitting there and me and we're just listening to just having a normal conversation, and me and La turned to each other and I go, we could fuck this up right now, and she's dying lab and she.
Speaker 1: Goes, I I was stereo that. I'm like, I could so easily just pop my head and be like, the ring's gorgeous. I'm so excited for you to get engaged.
Speaker 5: I was almost, yeah. If I like the shoes, they were gonna be mine. His watch too.
Speaker 2: I wanted the icy she brought back, and I was like, are they They.
Speaker 3: Were going Ici?
Speaker 2: They had icis and it was like a lemonade type thing.
Speaker 5: Again.
Speaker 1: What I also learned during Christmas time at Disneyland is Lisa is not allowed to hat shop on her own.
Speaker 2: Y'all.
Speaker 1: We go on Indiana Jones and while we're doing that, me and she comes out of the gift shop and she's like, I got this this hat.
Speaker 2: It is so cute, I know.
Speaker 6: But I have two other opinions on it, and they said it looks great on you.
Speaker 5: Well, I would have said that to my friend's mom too.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't have.
Speaker 1: I would have never done that to someone because she puts it on and it's twelve sizes too big.
Speaker 4: Literally, I could, I could three fingers behind her head.
Speaker 5: That's how too big of it, you know.
Speaker 3: But I think that's how I wear my hat.
Speaker 1: That's why they're always cooked though. Mom, it's like embarrassing. You walk out, You've got food around your mouth, you got a crooked hat. You're a fucking mess at all times.
Speaker 3: It's today.
Speaker 1: No, thank god, because you had on this exact hat the other day and I went like barely and it just flipped right off because it was so crooked. It's like swashing around. I don't even know how you put it on your head and think this feels.
Speaker 6: Good because it's lightweight and doesn't it's not constraining or whatever the word.
Speaker 1: No, she'll be like she's got a crooked hat. She's like, do I have sleepies in my eyes? And like you've got a grill full of chocolate in your teeth in the creases.
Speaker 2: Get it together and then go to it. I can't see.
Speaker 6: I can't see, but you know what that reminds me of your dad? No? No, I mean never when. And I don't know if I've told you this story, but Dad and I went to a salad bar pizza place before we went to a movie, and all of a sudden, my throat starts itching and my eyes and we're watching the movie and the lights come on and I licked at him and said, do I need lipstick? And he goes, you need to put your glasses on, and my face had an allergic reaction and I had to go on steroids.
Speaker 3: My face was like everything was swollen and huge.
Speaker 5: You couldn't feel your mouth anything.
Speaker 3: What did you say something?
Speaker 6: You're just getting bigger through the Moon Hills when they had theaters there.
Speaker 2: You want to know what's crazy, though, is that Dad?
Speaker 1: Like if someone looked at me, I would never be like, girl, put your glasses on.
Speaker 2: I'd be like, we got to get you a benadryl.
Speaker 1: No, but I wouldn't really worry about the glasses or anything like that.
Speaker 2: I'd be like, we have to go to the er, right. But Dad wanted you to look pretty.
Speaker 1: On the way out, He's like, bitch, I married your for your looks, certainly not for your cooking. Put them glasses on. We'll deal with the allergic reaction later.
Speaker 5: Walking out like a blowfish?
Speaker 3: Were you? Can?
Speaker 1: I tell you something on the note of my sweet dad. Dad stroke Lily. So you guys know that Lily Lily had a stroke and before Christmas.
Speaker 3: I not we're not laughing about it. We felt really bad when she and it happened.
Speaker 2: I was devastated. I was sobbing.
Speaker 1: I was about to give birth to Sosa in a week and my dog had a stroke and I thought this is going to be the most horrific time of my life. Lily has been here since I was twenty one years old, been at every apartment with me, been when she first moved out to LA. She went to every party with me, been with me since I was a drunk, through sobriety each I was like, I looked at her. I said, girl, you better not go anywhere because Sosa has to have you like period.
Speaker 3: We all do.
Speaker 5: Of course, did you not see that?
Speaker 2: I know, because she can't make it up the stairs anymore.
Speaker 5: But the pit bulls, did you not see them? When she finally.
Speaker 2: Got home, they were all so excited.
Speaker 5: Oh, they went outside and were jumping. They love her.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she had this stroke back in September, right, and I know this sounds disgusting, but she hasn't been able to stand, so I haven't been able to groom her. So what I do is I take her in the backyard and I sprits her down with a yummy smell and brush through her. So finally she's been like she's getting a little pep in her stuff, although she is old.
Speaker 2: So we take her to the groomer.
Speaker 1: Right before Christmas, so she has a nice Christmas glow and a Christmas bath.
Speaker 2: And they call it took like twelve hours.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so they called, and I get to go get her so I can get her into the car. But so I get her and this nice lady is just telling me all about it.
Speaker 5: We tipper.
Speaker 4: And after I tipp her, she's like, thank you so much, And she was like she was great, she did amazing. She could only stand for so long. When I put her in the tub, she did poop.
Speaker 5: And right when she's so shit in the tub. Yeah, shit in the tub.
Speaker 4: And so right when she said that, I reached into my pocket and handed her another twenty.
Speaker 5: I thought, for your troubles.
Speaker 3: Well, I want him to take her again.
Speaker 4: Well that's why I was like, we're gonna take I did tell her. I was like, every time, will take care of you for doing her.
Speaker 2: Oh wait, did you tell her that?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I was like, we love you because I believe her name is Phoenix. She's done adi no, whatever she does, we had to take care of her. But I did tell her that, and she was like, I love all of your dogs.
Speaker 5: So she made me feel good about.
Speaker 1: It, and she groomed lily before this stroke. They were wondering where she had been.
Speaker 5: She even asked.
Speaker 4: She was like, I was wondering where Lily was, and it's nice when you walk in and they just know, yeah.
Speaker 5: And how is Lily? And so she was like, we were wondering. So I told her that she had a stroke. And then she even said she was like, I didn't blow dryer because she didn't love the blow drying in her face and I didn't. Well that's what I said.
Speaker 3: I was stressful for her.
Speaker 4: She had a stroke, so let's not stress her anymore. But yeah, she's ship in the tub and.
Speaker 2: Ah, but she looks gorgeous. She had a Christmas pep in her stuff too. When she walked in.
Speaker 3: She was she was feeling herself for sure.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, that was Christmas.
Speaker 2: Oh she was Christmas slaying her little laptop, wasn't she?
Speaker 1: Did you guys see that Melissa Gorga launched her Sprinkle.
Speaker 2: Cookies cookie line.
Speaker 1: No, yeah, So to break this down easton the very beginning of I think it was like season three maybe two that Melissa Gorga came on to Real Housewives of New Jersey and it was this big thing that during Christmas, the Gorgas went to the Jude's house and Melissa Gorga brought Sprinkle cookies and Teresa was so offended. She's like, I like Canoli's, you know, I would bring like a conole or maybe like and she talks about like another Italian cookie.
Speaker 2: She goes, I couldn't believe she brought Sprinkle cookies. I threw them in the trash.
Speaker 1: And it has lived on this long, right, I think they're on season like fourteen fifteen, So that shows how long it was an iconic.
Speaker 5: It's been a decade plus.
Speaker 1: Yes, So Melissa Gorga has launched her Sprinkle Cookie line, which I was like, oh my gosh, like, what a great idea.
Speaker 2: Number one. They do look so good.
Speaker 3: Well, I love sprinkle cookies.
Speaker 5: You love all cooks. I think you love a sweet Why I tell you?
Speaker 1: I'm like, how amazing to take because Christmas time a really big thing to do is like cookie exchanges.
Speaker 3: Right, yes, be a part of a cookie exchange? Wait?
Speaker 2: What oh back in pair blossom.
Speaker 3: Pair blossom circle?
Speaker 1: Baby, wait you would make cookies to go to that?
Speaker 5: How many people? Is it like a book club but with cookies?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, everyone makes their own cookie and brings them.
Speaker 3: Okay, it's the recipe.
Speaker 6: And then yeah, you come with the recipe and you get to you have to make like six if there's six people, you have to make six dozen, or if there's twelve people, twelve dozen. Yeah, but then we start cutting it down. So I want to tell you my story. Wait, tell me all right. So I had this cookie exchange. It was on a Sunday. Dad and I had gone out Saturday night till all hours of the night. So I start around midnight to make my cookies and I'm using my family's Cromarty piekands to make those lace kind of cookies, and I'm so excited about it. First batch comes out, didn't turn out, second batch didn't turn out. It is like literally two o'clock in the morning, and the cookie exchanges the next morning at eleven. So I'm crap, what am I going to do? The stores are closed. Well, I had Pillsbury the slice and baked cookies, so I made those in the oven and then I melted chocolate and dipped them and put a pecan on the top and I took those.
Speaker 5: Day. Was like, these are the best cookies I've ever heard.
Speaker 3: He told his wife feature to get the recipe.
Speaker 2: Recip did you say it, I said aloud.
Speaker 5: I said, it's.
Speaker 3: A family secret.
Speaker 2: Well, it's the whole purpose of the cookie exchange.
Speaker 4: It's just bring a dozen for each person, as well as the recipe.
Speaker 5: And you just fucking didn't make cookies. You just baked pimate.
Speaker 6: I just kind of tossed it off, like, oh, I'll get you the recipe, but I didn't.
Speaker 5: You were invited back.
Speaker 6: My dear friend came along with me because I got her invited, and she made these.
Speaker 4: Like was it like a little loaf of bread, like a banana bread loaf?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's the size, and she.
Speaker 6: Kind of like this big like little tiny squares and she didn't get invited back.
Speaker 3: They said she was.
Speaker 2: What didn't I call it? If you guys were filming Real Housewives of Sally.
Speaker 1: At that time, that would have been like the biggest storyline of this season.
Speaker 5: I can.
Speaker 4: You ask your friend if she was going through the same experience of you at three am andies not turning out, Maybe she was like, fucking all I have.
Speaker 5: Truly, did she bring a recipe?
Speaker 3: They're too rich recipe yesterday?
Speaker 5: Did you bring a recipe?
Speaker 1: Probably that's probably what happened to the others didn't turn out and she loved her.
Speaker 5: You just think she just got up and nine and baked that and said fuck it.
Speaker 3: Wait, you were too rich A lot? Little pad did well?
Speaker 5: Did it? So?
Speaker 3: What child would have liked to have had more?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 1: You would always like to out more. Do you have a whole box something to take home?
Speaker 6: And my but you know what, my cookies were usually better than everyone else's, and I'm like, damn, I gotta take these what I'd rather just take my own homes.
Speaker 5: Things like like you're bitching about.
Speaker 3: Print cookie or whatever, something.
Speaker 5: That's just not out of the packet. You're bitching about it. I want my own. Okay, go home and open the cookies thing and throw them in. It wasn't like you were hard at work.
Speaker 6: You know what I could have done, thinking about it, I could have double dip oreos chocolate Oreos.
Speaker 1: Well, that would have said I would have done it, and those are hella good. Could have done peanut butter and then dipped it in the chocolate and hardened people would have I mean, technically that's homemade to me, Yeah, that's.
Speaker 5: Totally homemade melting chocolate.
Speaker 2: Yes, I made them at home.
Speaker 3: Hey, they sell them at Candy Stories. For a lot of money.
Speaker 2: Oh so fuck, let's not even do it on our own.
Speaker 1: Let's just go buy them. By the way, nothing slaps like an oreo or a Milano. I would much rather have that at a cookie exchange. The raspberry thumb prints that you were talking about.
Speaker 5: What's a raspberry thumb print?
Speaker 1: The fact that there's a thumb that's involved, is that's what I do?
Speaker 5: Is it like you're just.
Speaker 2: Finger banging these cookies before you.
Speaker 5: Delivered them to my mouth.
Speaker 4: I don't trust people's kitchens, and if they were just pushing these raspberries into the kitchener.
Speaker 1: I was always confused by the school when they were like, please buy things at the store, don't bring homemade snacks, And I was like, homemade snacks? Who the hell would ever like make anything at home?
Speaker 3: Walling, you have to question people's kitchens.
Speaker 4: Maybe they're not I can't throw up, But yeah, when I worked in offices and we had like pot lucks and stuff, I never ate anything.
Speaker 2: Wait, can I tell you, guys?
Speaker 5: Can I tell you don't trust you? And I know the look I.
Speaker 4: See the inside of your car, If that's any indication of your home, you can fuck off.
Speaker 1: No, you guys, I totally agree, because can I tell you something there during Christmas time, I was probably in the first grade, and we went to the Lion House and I was telling land in this story yesterday, you guys, Apparently the Lion House is Brigham Young's. It was Brigham Young's house. He's like with him and all his wives, right, like fifty fifty in this house, you guys. And we were we were doing something. The memory is a little bit hazy except for what followed. They had us doing like Susie homemaker shit, like they were teaching us to be like domestic people like home.
Speaker 2: Yes, but it wasn't school. This was like a thing.
Speaker 1: So I was in charge of doing dishes and I was like dressed up, I had tights on, and I had to use the bathroom so badly. And this woman was like, we had just eaten whatever, you know, Sally had made us, and I was in charge of doing the.
Speaker 2: Dishes after and there was like a pile of them.
Speaker 3: What a horrible job.
Speaker 5: For a seven year old.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're teaching me how to get a husband.
Speaker 6: I don't know if i'd trust eating off those seven year old wash dishes.
Speaker 1: You because do you want to know what followed as I did the dishes, what I did? I peed all over the floor the room.
Speaker 2: I tights myself.
Speaker 3: That's sad. She didn't let you go to the bathroom.
Speaker 2: I didn't ask, Oh, you know what.
Speaker 1: I You know, at that age you kind of get embarrassed to be like, can I go to the bathroom.
Speaker 4: I'll never forget when I was in third grade, a little boy in front of me, I'll never forget he peed in his.
Speaker 5: Chair and he got up. They let him go, but I'll never forget like after he got up, just the wetness and then the chair just full disgusting.
Speaker 1: No memories, No, but Mom, you were there and drove me home, and I remember just feeling so.
Speaker 2: Itchy, and you didn't even tell you. I didn't even tell you.
Speaker 5: I went home.
Speaker 2: I was like, I gotta get these fucking time.
Speaker 5: How did you not smell the urine in.
Speaker 3: The I don't have a good smeller even back then.
Speaker 5: So you've never had.
Speaker 2: Lisa was just born with poor eyesight, no smell.
Speaker 1: It's just But then after I learned it was Brigham Young's house with all of his wives, I'm like, how appropriate that I just peed on the floor.
Speaker 5: If you would have known that you made it, you would have pulled the lily too.
Speaker 2: I think it's hysterical.
Speaker 1: Okay, So the theme of now that we've bantered for a full forty minute, I wanted to know because everyone's like, what.
Speaker 2: Are Christmas traditions?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: I want to know who fucked up on Christmas? So the first uh I posted on the graand people wrote in really funny. I'm sure it wasn't funny at the time, but it's funny now. Christmas feuds I remember the very first time I realized Christmas wasn't magical any longer.
Speaker 2: Lisa, what happened?
Speaker 6: So we're at my mother in law's house with all of the uncles, aunts, cousins, and I go and sit down across from one of the cousins and she's talking about moving and I said, Oh, where are you moving? She says, Saint George to the condo. We have to know, my husband and his brother owned a condo together in Saint George, which was a vacation getaway for me. She's moving in unbeknownst to me, Like Dad didn't tell me, right, I was furious.
Speaker 5: Now you.
Speaker 2: I was, I think in high school.
Speaker 1: I was definitely in high school because I remember my one of my best friends was a really like she had a really cool style of painting, and I had her paint a horsehead for.
Speaker 3: Lisa, which is in Saint George by the way.
Speaker 1: While I was like, I I'm gonna give her this gift and like Christmas is fucking ruined, and that was like a stage where like Dad was just like king of like not telling Mom anything.
Speaker 2: So this was just the cherry on top of like the shit cake. Do you put cherries on cake?
Speaker 3: Icing? The ship?
Speaker 2: Icing on the cake?
Speaker 6: Cherry on top is usually on a Sunday. But anyway, going back to the.
Speaker 5: Leave it to her for her sweets.
Speaker 6: Yes, I was so mad that I had friends that lived across the street. Lauren and I went trapesing over there and we got knocker. The rest of the afternoon we just hung out over there.
Speaker 5: It got lit. Yeah, where was I You.
Speaker 3: Were with the cousins fuck and your dad?
Speaker 6: Yeah, because dad was not invited to the friend to the friend get together over it across the street.
Speaker 2: No, you're stuck here with the mos man.
Speaker 1: We're gonna go get lit because what we did yes time out for you.
Speaker 2: No, it was super messed up.
Speaker 1: And that was the first year that I realized like, wow, Christmas Day can be stressful and shit can go south.
Speaker 6: And we hadn't opened our gift chat. We were going to Grandma's for breakfast, then going home to up and gifts. No, I know, super fun.
Speaker 2: No, it wasn't fun at all. I got you a bench, I got.
Speaker 1: You a bench for where your bed was, and then I got you the horsehead painting and it was like not even I was like, wow, the first year that I've like put thought and time and money into gifts and we can't even enjoy them because of it was just so depressing.
Speaker 4: I think it was depressing because reopened gifts, so it's no matter what.
Speaker 2: No, it was depressing because of the condo situation.
Speaker 5: It was home.
Speaker 1: But now mom years later went and bought her own condo and now that horse painting is in that house.
Speaker 2: Symbolic full circle moment.
Speaker 1: It was Dad's favorite place to be Palm Springs or Saint George's like the equivalent of Palm Springs.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but just to call it the other Palmspring. That's how they did.
Speaker 5: Other Palm Springs. And it is but speaking of paintings in.
Speaker 4: There every time I go and I don't know why you thought to put it here, but in the in the primary bedroom, you go into the bathroom and as you take a leak, standing up, there's a picture that says enjoy the little things. And me and my dad talk about it, well, talked about it so often and it is still up, and every time I'm just like, all right, well.
Speaker 1: I know, like every time a man is taking he's like holding his dick.
Speaker 4: Holding my dick, ping, and then it's like, well, I'm doing this, I guess I'll read what's in front of me.
Speaker 5: Enjoy the little things. It's like and I looked at like, I didn't.
Speaker 4: Know you had a camera in here, but I guess more to have.
Speaker 5: This person cute somewhere else. We're moving it.
Speaker 2: One person's family feud.
Speaker 1: We had to call all the bars to get our parents and uncle's home so we could open press that that is a movie.
Speaker 5: That is that, that's the Grizzwold.
Speaker 1: I was like, that's fucking iconic, waking up being like where is everyone? They just fucked up at the bar down the street, and then they had to call all of them to locate the family uncle before food is served. He'd pack up leftovers for weekly meals before everyone ate.
Speaker 5: I'd hit him in his head. Yeah, so like you made your house.
Speaker 4: You maybe didn't get food because he needed food for next one.
Speaker 2: So he would like go through and pack up very comfortable.
Speaker 1: I think someone needs to go awareness is crazy. The uncle was jobless or something like are you okay? Because that doesn't seem normal or they just don't care. But like, I think it's important to teach people like you never go back for even seconds until everyone is eaten. Yes, got into it with my ex husband because he gifted me pre owned Lubetants first pair I ever got, first pair ever.
Speaker 2: I'm funny about second hand shoes.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, shoes don't I don't stuff scuffed bottoms, weird feet in the foot. Yeah, second hand shoes, second hand hats, it ain't happening.
Speaker 2: It's a no go.
Speaker 4: That's like, yeah, that's like getting secondhand like secondhand underwear.
Speaker 2: I think so too.
Speaker 5: Yeah not for me. Yeah, I wouldn't have gotten you that.
Speaker 1: My brother got so mad he threw the huge cooked turkey at the Christmas tree.
Speaker 3: No dinner is ruined.
Speaker 1: That's like such a dinner is served. Let me tell you that is a Clark Grizzly moment. Holy shit, where's the tilet?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 1: Yes, that's fucking awesome. Now, I bet in the moment it was kind of disoriented.
Speaker 5: Well, yeah, I.
Speaker 3: Wonder why he felt the need to throw the trees.
Speaker 4: His mom was probably like poking at him and pushing all the wrong buttons.
Speaker 5: Have a dad.
Speaker 1: So my dad called my maternal grandmother a bitch, and my grandfather's squared up with him.
Speaker 2: Yo, that's pretty awesome.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I know.
Speaker 6: I think tensions can run high during the holidays, really.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because we're all broken stressed.
Speaker 1: Christmas is extremely stressful, and I think there's so much pressure on the day that if you're feeling off, because there are mornings you wake up and you feel off, and sometimes as you get older, those days are right on Christmas and you're like fuck yeah.
Speaker 5: Right, yeah.
Speaker 4: Because the girl who said I'm broken stressed, you should take you. You should just gift that to everybody with you.
Speaker 2: My gosh, it's so good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, whoever wrote in on the last one that said I'm broken stressed, print that out.
Speaker 5: Give it to everybody with a picture of you. Smiling and the thumbs up.
Speaker 4: I promise you I would frame or dated and that would be the best present I had ever.
Speaker 5: That's I would fucking die.
Speaker 3: I think so too. Or just give a a picture of yourself.
Speaker 5: That's what I'm saying. But not that says I'm broken, then you smiling? Those iconic.
Speaker 2: Mother in law's equal monsters.
Speaker 1: I'm not going to put this person's name when we post all of these things because I don't want her mother in law to know that I've never had an actual mother in law. Do you agree, mom, that mother in laws can be monsters.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't refer to mine as a monster.
Speaker 2: What would you refer to her as a monster?
Speaker 5: Like the cheese?
Speaker 3: We were just.
Speaker 6: Different different, Yes, very they were Mormon. I was not a Mormon, like we just had different upbringings.
Speaker 2: Yes, you were looked at as like the devil, oh.
Speaker 3: Black sheep, the red.
Speaker 2: The words. You were more of the black goat, you.
Speaker 4: Know, sad you were more like the out of place bull.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the bull in the train didn't like you.
Speaker 2: And it's fine.
Speaker 1: I haven't spoken to my mom in six months, no contact, but she will be at family Christmas.
Speaker 2: That's today. She's there with her right now. I want to know what goes down.
Speaker 5: Please write back in because here what I don't like that feeling.
Speaker 2: I don't either. I'd avoid I would definitely.
Speaker 4: But then avoiding makes it awkward and for other people because if you're talking to the mom and then she says something, you're put in this like the circle of tension.
Speaker 5: So at some point.
Speaker 4: They do need to just figure it out, because you can't ruin everybody else's holiday with your tension.
Speaker 1: Well, the only thing worse than having tension with someone is going with someone who has tension with someone.
Speaker 5: That's the worst.
Speaker 2: Second Hand tension is really intent.
Speaker 5: It's the worst.
Speaker 1: My dad was caught cheating on my mom and beat up by her brothers. Dad did not tell his family anything other than my mom has beat him up.
Speaker 2: So all day my mom sat with.
Speaker 1: A smile as my dad sat there bruised and broken, and the whole family was confused.
Speaker 5: Well, where were the brothers that beat him up smiling with the mom? Probably or at a different party, you fucking piece of ships.
Speaker 6: No, I wouldn't feel well, he wouldn't even be allowed at those festivities.
Speaker 5: I've seen videos on like a nine of of like.
Speaker 4: The sons of moms beating the ship out of the dude who like beat the mom.
Speaker 1: And you can see like a lot of fist fights on Christmas, a lot of fist fights.
Speaker 5: Do you think they were at the other house, not the mom's house with the uncles that beat him up. They're at his.
Speaker 4: Family's house because family wondering, like what's going on with him?
Speaker 5: And he's like, oh, well, she beat me up.
Speaker 1: Probably, But in my mind, they're all sitting around the dinner table and the dad has like a black eye and like a bruised lip and maybe like cast double casted.
Speaker 5: They're passing him, can't even eat.
Speaker 1: While the rest of the family is just all smiles, not giving one ship about ted, and.
Speaker 5: They're sitting right next to him acting all night nothing's ever happened.
Speaker 1: Exactly one year, my sister and I got into a full blown fistfight.
Speaker 2: She punched me first, I finished it. Damn you guys.
Speaker 1: I can't imagine just being like, it's Christmas, I'm gonna go punch my sister in the face.
Speaker 2: You never know, Well, obviously.
Speaker 1: There's tension, but in my mind I have a scenario that's happening, you know, obvious happened, Lauren, you don't say clearly. So before we sign off, I was very interested. I love you, Mom coow Bella.
Speaker 3: My friend gave me this hat.
Speaker 2: It's cute. She gave it to you for Christmas. I love it.
Speaker 1: So I was very curious. We were on the subject of milk. Okay, last night for some odd reason. I was like, milk is so fucking weird an ocean. Now she used to love a milky. Now I can't get her to drink milk. And Landen says to me, you know that, like milk was on this huge campaign of like it makes your bones stronger, and like calcium does you good.
Speaker 2: Like you guys remember got Milk.
Speaker 8: It was strictly for milk, not even a company, just milk, not even a specific brand of milk, milk in itself, right, And they have like a listers with like milk milk's mustaches and like jeans and white little cutoff.
Speaker 5: Teeth with their mustache looking.
Speaker 2: Sexy with a glass of milk.
Speaker 3: And it was like, got milk, And.
Speaker 1: I'm like, I remember my dad saying if I didn't drink milk that like I would have breaky bones. Okay, And Landon said no, it was like strictly a ploy. It was like, how do we get people? We got all this cows. We've really messed up here. How do we get people to drink milk? And I was like, oh, that's so interesting. So I was thinking last night, I'm like, okay, I need to remember that when we get to Palm Springs, I gotta get the cookie in the milk for Santa.
Speaker 2: I'm like, milk again.
Speaker 1: What where did that start? To leave milk and cookies for Santa Claus? So I google this, I google why. So there's a Dutch connection that in the past, the Netherlands would celebrate Christmas on December sixth, so on December fifth, the kids would leave out their shoes and wake up to their shoes being filled with treats. This would change over time and eventually lead to children leaving out cookies and milk for Santa instead. And I think I remember he goes by Center Claus. There's the Great Depression connection. In a time when many families struggled, Christmas was a bright spot. The families would ask their children to leave out milk and cookies for Santa to thank him for bringing gifts.
Speaker 2: This one doesn't make much sense to me. We're in the Great Depression.
Speaker 1: People are struggling to buy anything, and if they got milk and cookies, I think they're keeping it for themselves, not giving it to Santa Claus.
Speaker 2: And then comes we're back to.
Speaker 1: The gaut milk, the dairy connection, similar to the Christmas pickle tradition.
Speaker 2: I don't know what that is. Didn't care to look it up because it's not about that.
Speaker 1: This theory mentions that leaving milk and cookies out for Santa was a marketing ploy. The dairy industry was struggling in the early twentieth century, So how do you raise sales well by marketing that Santa drinks milk with cookies?
Speaker 5: That blew my mind. That adds up that that's the one that makes the most sense.
Speaker 3: Dude, Are we gonna put water in cookies now?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: No, I'm still giving him milk. But I wanted to know where that came from. And then it just it kind of piggybacked off of what Landon was saying.
Speaker 5: I'm like, just marketing.
Speaker 1: It's not like the gut milk was for Horizon or like Albertson's brand. It was strictly to get us to think that we needed to go out and buy any kind of.
Speaker 2: Milk, And now they did it with Santa Claus and it just stuck.
Speaker 5: Do you think people give Santa almond milk skip?
Speaker 3: Maybe?
Speaker 2: Yeah, they do because on the samea clause she.
Speaker 1: Goes, it's soy, I'm lactose intolerant, and he's like, yes, the milk's gone bad.
Speaker 2: Do you remember Tim Allan?
Speaker 5: Oh? I don't remember, but that's great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm sure some people don't have dairy in their homes and they do give, and I'm sure Santa's pissed off about it.
Speaker 2: It's not as creamy.
Speaker 6: Speaking of we need to get a cute plate and cut for Santa's milk and cookies.
Speaker 1: We have that, mom, and it's a grinch and it's in these are just likes to buy shit.
Speaker 2: That's fight shit.
Speaker 3: But it's sad because we have nowhere to put it now.
Speaker 1: No, we have plenty of places. It's in Palm Springs. It's a grinch plate. We'll put the cookies on it. It's fine, all right. This is where the stress comes though. This is what I'm hoping on this day, strong, this day I hope that you guys are having a a calm and easy time. I hope that today you can take a moment and just be grateful for the thing that are currently present in your life, because it can become incredibly stressful, especially if you have kids. I read that you know, families for the past few years are still struggling to make ends meet and when holidays approach and you have to spend money and make it special for your kids. Sorry, I don't know where that came from.
Speaker 2: I just hope that today can be.
Speaker 1: Just peaceful for everybody, because it does get stressful and as you get older and the times change, and you know, we look around and what we thought was going to be our life is not and it does get very very difficult as you get older. So I today no one punched anybody. I hope that you didn't have to communicate with anyone you didn't want to. You didn't have to make amends on this day. You just got to be with who you wanted to be with. You didn't worry about the freaking gifts. You didn't worry about if you know, Sally didn't get the gift that she wanted, And just try to be peaceful, put on a good song. Today is just about taking a freaking load off. You know, we're going into a new year and my hope for everybody is that brighter days come, less stressful days are ahead of you. And I don't know why, I just got emotional. That was really fucking out of left field. And for those of you who are listening to the podcast today, Mary mother effing Christmas, God bless you. If you don't believe in that, May or higher power, bless you on this day and moving forward and.
Speaker 2: Happy happy holidays.
Speaker 1: Thank you all for listening to another episode and they give them La La Podcast. Enjoy the rest of you a week and we'll catch you next week.
Speaker 2: Bye m HM.